PDA

View Full Version : Sukran..Nammku sani

MumbaiRamki
17th January 2005, 12:21 PM
I heard all the songs ..two songs are good ...rest become akind of Remix songs ,including one remix song of

Un parvaiyo is a nice disco melody ,sung excellently by Tippu and Shoba (???) ....esp teh charanam -Tippu has sung very well ....

Uchi muthal - Why can't timmy sing in good tamizh - His style is good but sometimes his prononciation id bit wierd ....Although this songs is good ,a kind of "Kan munnae " kind of song...

The remix of Thullavtho Illamai is very average ..Except for ARR nobody could do a good re mix with quality ..

Sathikkadai is gumma dappnguthu ,which is gonna be very famous ..seriana kuthu .....especilally the lyrics is damn kuthu ..( though cheap )

Panjumuttai is tecno ,melodic dappnguthu ( eppadi thana describe panna mudium ) ..sounds like a illayraaja dapanguthu ........

Suppose sung by ranjith is again mediocre ....a kind of disco karnatic teasing number like ...could have been different ......as u hear more of this album u feel the freshness is lacking ....
Rest of the songs ,ada pongappa ..i can't write teh same comment again and again .....

RR
17th January 2005, 12:48 PM
Remix-la kooda copyaa.. 'thullavadho ilamai' has already been done in 'Sema ragalai'.

NOV
17th January 2005, 01:12 PM
I had the opportunity to listen to the remix on radio. Can listen to it for fun a few times.
Definitely no chance for long life. ;)

NagaS
17th January 2005, 01:34 PM
what is the def. for 're-mix' ? I thought YSR's version of 'aasai 100 vagai' and 'en aasai maithiliyae' were listen-able !

NagaS

MumbaiRamki
17th January 2005, 08:40 PM
NagaS thala

Treu ..But i feel "Thottal Poo Malarum" was excellent and pleasing to ear ...

Thiru
17th January 2005, 08:44 PM
what is the def. for 're-mix' ? I thought YSR's version of 'aasai 100 vagai' and 'en aasai maithiliyae' were listen-able !

NagaS

Wow.... 'aasai 100 vagai' was a kolai... 'Thee shall die' (or whatever it is) looked like a (unreal tournament/wolf RTF) video game commentary.... en aasai mythiliye was listenable but definitely not the other one..

RR
17th January 2005, 09:04 PM
Thiru: I felt exactly the other way :D simbu and his 'tharanaan thaanaane'.. :o

vijayr
18th January 2005, 03:20 AM
Mumbai Ramki, "thottal poo malarum" isnt a remix, only the lyrics have been reused. Eveything else is different -the tune, orchestration etc., its a new composition, nothing close to a remix

MumbaiRamki
18th January 2005, 05:02 AM
Vijay r -
Not exactly ..It is in't a remix neither a new tune ...
some places the pitch has been changed ,sometimes the tune itself is fresh ...

dude
18th January 2005, 09:29 AM
The Thulluvadho Ilamai song has been royally screwed up! Old timers are already grumbling about the remix trend in TFM. This song really gets on one's nerves...

I loved the 'Thottal poo malarum' song, but in retrospect I wonder if ARR sparked off a bad trend which the other MDs are blindly aping...

NagaS
18th January 2005, 11:53 AM
for me ARR's "Thottaal poo malarum" sounds like a new tune only :) ... for the old lyrics, I liked the pallavi, But saraNam had absolutely no flow at all, sounded more like a urainadai version of the old song !

Reg., "En aasai maithiliyae", Yuvan has only used four lines from the original song, rest of them was penned by Pa. Vijay ... So that also can't be called as a remix !

NagaS

RR
18th January 2005, 12:15 PM
for me ARR's "Thottaal poo malarum" sounds like a new tune only :) ... for the old lyrics, I liked the pallavi, But saraNam had absolutely no flow at all, sounded more like a urainadai version of the old song !

NagaS: ARR said that he asked Harini to come to his studio, composed the tune on the spot and let her sing.. What more can we expect than 'urainadai' :)

Kupps
18th January 2005, 07:19 PM
thottaal poo malarum could be considered as new tune (but borrows certain parts of the tune from the old tune of MSV for the same lyrics). So we can say this song tune is an inspired tune. But it is definitely not a crap-called-remix.

All said, imo, this "New" tune thottaal poo malarum, and even that amma song tune both seem to be mediocre outputs from ARR. I feel the tune and rendition of sakkara inikkara sakkara is better.

YSR's yet another TFM kolai is en aasa mythili-yE. God save TFM from people like YSR who actively encourage blatent wrong pronunciation, encourage crap singers like simbu.

God save TFM.

RR
18th January 2005, 08:14 PM
Kupps: simbu says he'll include a remix of his appa's songs henceforth in all his movies and sing it himself to 'please' the tamil audience. Enna oru kalai chevai!

dude
18th January 2005, 09:30 PM

NagaS: ARR said that he asked Harini to come to his studio, composed the tune on the spot and let her sing.. What more can we expect than 'urainadai' :)

RR, maybe I dint get the joke, but are you suggesting that Harini sang the lines in her own tune?

rajdes
19th January 2005, 08:10 AM
RR, kalai sevai OR kolai sevai? :-)

NagaS
19th January 2005, 12:11 PM
this "New" tune thottaal poo malarum, and even that amma song tune both seem to be mediocre outputs from ARR. I feel the tune and rendition of sakkara inikkara sakkara is better.

i agree with you - I also thought that amma song was only 'average', (even when compared to other ARR melodies),

YSR's yet another TFM kolai is en aasa mythili-yE. God save TFM from people like YSR who actively encourage blatent wrong pronunciation, encourage crap singers like simbu.

Why YSR ? Every MD uses udit narayan, simbu kind of singers in every album (Actually, YSR is avoiding udit narayan / sadhana sargam in his last few albums !) ... if you talk about YSR as a singer, I agree with you - his tamil is not even 10% good / proper ! (Same goes for his brother and sister also ! Except IR, nobody from his family sings tamil properly IMO, (What about gangai amaran ? :-?)

NagaS

Kupps
19th January 2005, 01:02 PM
NagaS,

Not just YSR the singer, even he is totally careless about it from other singers. The latest in 7G and Manmadhan (sung by simbu).

Bad thamizh pronunciation does not necessarily mean udit alone. Nowadays most of the singers (especially male) kill thamizh (watchout for how singers pronunce the letter La of paLLam)..

Yeah, i agree to the indifference by other MDs also. That doesnt mean YSR should be excused. Of the frontline MDs YSR and HJ songs have more pronunciation issues (ofcourse closely followed by other MDs). I dont think KSR/Bhava are frontline MDs (KSR may be a better MD but he is not a TOP MD as of now).

IMO, in the current MDs only IR's songs have very less pronunciation issue, followed by ARR's other MDs are at very long distant.

NagaS
19th January 2005, 01:27 PM
Kupps, agreed :)

I was only arguing that YSR is not the only one to be blamed, thats it ...

and I was talking abt KR / Bhava as Singers, not as MDs !

I thought except 'ninaiththu ninaiththu' (both versions) all other songs in 7G had good pronounciation ... :-?

NagaS