PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson, King of Pop, Dies!!!

Nerd
26th June 2009, 04:43 AM
[tscii:b9e5dee121][html:b9e5dee121]
http://www.michael-jackson-trader.com/tours/pics/mjbadtour5.jpg
[/html:b9e5dee121]

Michael Jackson dead at 50

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Michael Jackson, the sensationally gifted child star who rose to become the “King of Pop” and the biggest celebrity in the world only to fall from his throne in a freakish series of scandals, died Thursday, a person with knowledge of the situation told The Associated Press. He was 50.

The person said Jackson died in a Los Angeles hospital. The person was not authorized to speak publicly and requested anonymity.

The circumstances of his death were not immediately clear. Jackson was not breathing when Los Angeles Fire Department paramedics responded to a call at his Los Angeles home about 12:30 p.m., Capt. Steve Ruda told the Los Angeles Times. The paramedics performed CPR and took him to UCLA Medical Center, Ruda told the newspaper.

Jackson’s death brought a tragic end to a long, bizarre, sometimes farcical decline from his peak in the 1980s, when he was popular music’s premier all-around performer, a uniter of black and white music who shattered the race barrier on MTV, dominated the charts and dazzled even more on stage.

His 1982 album “Thriller” — which included the blockbuster hits “Beat It,” “Billie Jean” and “Thriller” — remains the biggest-selling album of all time, with more than 26 million copies.

He was perhaps the most exciting performer of his generation, known for his feverish, crotch-grabbing dance moves and his high-pitched voice punctuated with squeals and titters. His single sequined glove, tight, military-style jacket and aviator sunglasses were trademarks second only to his ever-changing, surgically altered appearance.

By some measures, he ranked alongside Elvis Presley and the Beatles as the biggest pop sensations of all time. In fact, he united two of music’s biggest names when he was briefly married to Presley’s daughter, Lisa Marie.

As years went by, he became an increasingly freakish figure — a middle-aged man-child weirdly out of touch with grownup life. His skin became lighter, his nose narrower, and he spoke in a breathy, girlish voice. He surrounded himself with children at his Neverland ranch, often wore a germ mask while traveling and kept a pet chimpanzee named Bubbles as one of his closest companions.

In 2005, he was cleared of charges he molested a 13-year-old cancer survivor at Neverland in 2003. He had been accused of plying the boy with alcohol and groping him. The case took a fearsome toll on his career and image, and he fell into serious financial trouble.

Jackson was preparing for what was to be his greatest comeback: He was scheduled for an unprecedented 50 shows at a London arena, with the first set for July 13. He was in rehearsals in Los Angeles for the concert, an extravaganza that was to capture the classic Jackson magic: showstopping dance moves, elaborate staging and throbbing dance beats.

Hundreds of people gathered outside the hospital as word of his death spread. The emergency entrance at the UCLA Medical Center, which is near Jackson’s rented home, was roped off with police tape.

“Ladies and gentlemen, Michael Jackson has just died,” a woman boarding a Manhattan bus called out, shortly after the news was annunced. Immediately many riders reached for their cell phones.

In New York’s Times Square, a low groan went up in the crowd when a screen flashed that Jackson had died, and people began relaying the news to friends by cell phone.

“No joke. King of Pop is no more. Wow,” Michael Harris, 36, of New York City, read from a text message a friend sent to his telephone. “It’s like when Kennedy was assassinated. I will always remember being in Times Square when Michael Jackson died.”

R.I.P. MJ :cry:[/tscii:b9e5dee121]

ajithfederer
26th June 2009, 04:46 AM
Yeah just saw in Yahoo news

RIP michael jackson :oops: :cry:

I am a frequent listener to Jam, Billie Jean, Remember the Time, Dangerous and other hit songs of his.

m_23_bayarea
26th June 2009, 04:48 AM
R.I.P. MJ :cry:

Oh man, Can't believe this! Was shocked to see the news on Yahoo... :cry:

priya32
26th June 2009, 05:05 AM
:shock: :shock:

Wibha
26th June 2009, 05:07 AM
RIP :( Michael Jackson

Thalafanz
26th June 2009, 05:58 AM
Rest in peace MJ... :cry2:
U will be remembered as 'King of pop' forever. :bow:

Querida
26th June 2009, 06:02 AM
:cry2: :cry: :cry3: MJ will always hold a piece of my childhood...so many songs so many memories tied to them...will be greatly missed and has been one of the greatest influences of western music and dance....

http://images1.makefive.com/images/200902/d0fc165129b27244.jpg

ABC
Ben
Thriller
Beat It
Billie Jean
Bad
Smooth Criminal
Don't Stop Until You Get Enough
The Way You Make Me Feel
Black and White
Wanna Be Startin Something
Rock With You
Man in the Mirror
Who Is It
I remember the Time
You are not alone

"the two of us need look no more
We both found what we were looking for
With a friend to call my own
I'll never be alone
And you, my friend, will see
You've got a friend in me "

RIP Michael...You were my first ever idol...my always hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3sYg8fhNoI

jaaze
26th June 2009, 06:34 AM
May his soul RIP :cry:

groucho070
26th June 2009, 06:51 AM
Back in 1983, my grandma passed away. The adults were in the house mourning, and we kids (I was ten) were outside talking about Michael Jackson's latest album. That's how huge he was.

One of the most influential artiste of last century. RIP, Michael.

madhu
26th June 2009, 06:53 AM
:( RIP :(

littlemaster1982
26th June 2009, 06:59 AM
Rest in Peace, MJ (

directhit
26th June 2009, 07:26 AM
:( RIP. he was due to perform live in a month (ofcourse postponed etc). very sad, havent come across a single album beating his ones :bow:

Hulkster
26th June 2009, 07:33 AM
MJ oh no :cry2:. He was the first star i liked during my childhood. remember dancing to his beat it in those days. RIP.

Had the poor soul not been ravaged by money lusting people on allegations of child abuse he would not so many stress :twisted:

Raikkonen
26th June 2009, 07:40 AM
:cry2: nooo...

the music world has lost an icon. While his personal life was a weird one, the man had an undeniable talent when it came to music and dance. RIP The one and only king of pop

dinesh2002
26th June 2009, 07:46 AM
This is so unbelievable !!! RIP M.J... Ur no doubt a legend no matter what !!!

NOV
26th June 2009, 07:52 AM
Comments on the death of Michael Jackson on Thursday:

"I am so very sad and confused with every emotion possible. I am heartbroken for his children who I know were everything to him and for his family. This is such a massive loss on so many levels, words fail me." - Lisa Marie Presley, former wife of Michael Jackson and daughter of Elvis Presley.

---

"I must confess I am not surprised by today's tragic news. Michael has been on an impossibly difficult and often self-destructive journey for years. His talent was unquestionable but so too was his discomfort with the norms of the world. A human simply cannot withstand this level of prolonged stress." - Michael Leaven, a publicist who represented Jackson when the singer was accused of molesting a child in 1993.

---

"I knew Michael as a child and watched him grow over the years. Of all the thousands of entertainers I have worked with, Michael was THE most outstanding. Many have tried and will try to copy him, but his talent will never be matched." - Dick Clark, host of the old "American Bandstand."

---

"Michael Jackson was my generation's most iconic cultural hero. Courageous, unique and incredibly talented. He'll be missed greatly." - Russell Simmons, hip-hop entrepreneur and founder of Def-Jam Records.

---

"We have lost an icon in our industry and my heartfelt condolences go out to his family and children in this hour of sorrow that they are now going through. He will live on in my memory and most definitely through the music he shared with so many." - Dionne Warwick, singer and Jackson's friend.

---

"Michael was a pop phenomenon who never stopped pushing the envelope of creativity. Though there were serious questions about his personal life, Michael was undoubtedly a great entertainer and his popularity spanned generations and the globe." - California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.

---

"He was a true musical icon whose identifiable voice, innovative dance moves, stunning musical versatility, and sheer star power carried him from childhood to worldwide acclaim. A 13-time Grammy recipient, Michael's career transcends musical and cultural genres and his contributions will always keep him in our hearts and memories." - Neil Portnow, National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences president.

---

"Michael Jackson was my musical God. He made me believe that all things are possible, and through real and positive music. He can live forever! I love Michael Jackson. God Bless him." - Wyclef Jean, rapper and former member of the Fugees.

---

"Michael Jackson was born in Gary, Indiana, and our hearts are heavy, heavy here. Michael Jackson was the world's greatest entertainer but more than he was great humanitarian and a great, humble individual. The people of Gary, our hearts are full of tears because of the loss of Michael Jackson." - Gary, Ind., Mayor Rudy Clay.

Sourav
26th June 2009, 07:54 AM
:( RIP!

Rocky89
26th June 2009, 07:54 AM
RIP MJ :cry:

MADDY
26th June 2009, 08:01 AM
MJ was really huge......i personally knew, his popularity in late 80's rivalled kamal/rajini in chennai.....to me, we lost him long back......blood on dance floor was the last straw........

his death brings back the memories of 80's :( .....may his soul RIP......

raagadevan
26th June 2009, 08:23 AM
Black or White [Or Brown or Yellow...]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RuAlyNclck

I took my baby
On a saturday bang
Boy is that girl with you
Yes we're one and the same
Now I believe in miracles
And a miracle
Has happened tonight

But, if
You're thinkin'
About my baby
It don't matter if you're Black or white

They print my message
In the saturday sun
I had to tell them
I ain't second to none

And I told about equality
An it's true
Either you're wrong
Or you're right

But, if
You're thinkin'
About my baby
It don't matter if you're
Black or white

I am tired of this devil
I am tired of this stuff
I am tired of this business
Sew when the
Going gets rough
I ain't scared of
Your brother
I ain't scared of no sheets
I ain't scared of nobody
Girl when the
Goin' gets mean

Protection
For gangs, clubs,
And nations
Causing grief in
Human relations
It's a turf war
On a global scale
I'd rather hear both sides
Of the tale
See, it's not about races
Just places
Faces
Where your blood
Comes from
Is where your space is
I've seen the bright
Get duller
I'm not going to spend
My life being a color

Don't tell me you agree
With me
When I saw you
Kicking dirt in my eye

But, if
You're thinkin'
About my baby
Black or white

I said if
You're thinkin' of
Being my baby
Black or white

I said if
You're thinkin' of
Being my brother
Black or white

Ooh, ooh
Yea, yea, yea now
Ooh, ooh
Yea, yea, yea now

It's black, it's white
It's tough for you to get by
It's black, it's white, whoo

It's black, it's white
It's tough for you to get by
It's black, it's white, whoo

Michael Jackson redefined popular music for ever. Peace eluded him when he was alive... may he find real peace in death!

ajithfederer
26th June 2009, 09:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ipk3kL_soU&hd=1

Billie Jean / motown 25 / MJ

This is the video I would like to watch more of MJ. What dance and what singing :notworthy: RIP MJ..........

Raikkonen
26th June 2009, 10:25 AM
[tscii:d3f0b06025]Madonna: "I can't stop crying over the sad news. I have always admired Michael Jackson. The world has lost one of the greats, but his music will live on forever! My heart goes out to his three children and other members of his family. God bless."

Sean Combs: "Michael Jackson showed me that you can actually see the beat. He made the music come to life!! He made me believe in magic. I will miss him!"

Justin Timberlake: "I can't find the words right now to express how deeply saddened I am by Michael's passing. We have lost a genius and a true ambassador of not only Pop music, but of all music. He has been an inspiration to multiple generations and I will always cherish the moments I shared with him on stage and all of the things I learned about music from him and the time we spent together. My heart goes out to his family and loved ones."

Russell Simmons: "Michael Jackson was my generation's most iconic cultural hero. Courageous, unique and incredibly talented. He'll be missed greatly."

Lisa Marie Presley: "I am so very sad and confused with every emotion possible. I am heartbroken for his children who I know were everything to him and for his family. This is such a massive loss on so many levels, words fail me."

Quincy Jones: "I am absolutely devastated at this tragic and unexpected news. For Michael to be taken away from us so suddenly at such a young age, I just don't have the words. Divinity brought our souls together on The Wiz and allowed us to do what we were able to throughout the 80's. To this day, the music we created together on Off The Wall, Thriller and Bad is played in every corner of the world and the reason for that is because he had it all…talent, grace, professionalism and dedication.He was the consummate entertainer and his contributions and legacy will be felt upon the world forever. I've lost my little brother today, and part of my soul has gone with him."

Britney Spears: "I was so excited to see his show in London. We were going to be on tour in Europe at the same time and I was going to fly in to see him. He has been an inspiration throughout my entire life and I'm devastated he's gone!"

MC Hammer: "I will be mourning my friend , brother, mentor and inspiration.. He gave me and my family hope. I would never have been me without him."

Ludacris: "If it were not for Michael Jackson I would not be where or who I am today. His music and legacy will live on forever. Prayers to the family."

http://www.411mania.com/music/columns/108424/Stars-Comment-On-Michael-Jackson%5Cs-Death.htm[/tscii:d3f0b06025]

NOV
26th June 2009, 12:27 PM
Created special thread exclusively for MJ, at the request of HUbbers.

Roshan
26th June 2009, 01:03 PM
Very very sad :cry: :cry:

RIP - Micheal Jackson.

Scale
26th June 2009, 01:18 PM
MoonWalk MJ (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8296224841575147060) :(

rajasaranam
26th June 2009, 01:35 PM
Oh No! How can this happen :shock: He was supposed to perform live soon and I was eagerly awaiting the return of King of Pop.
Unbelievable! He will live on forever till music and dance are part of Human culture. Long Live Dear Michael Jackson. Hail Hail!

crajkumar_be
26th June 2009, 01:45 PM
RIP MJ :(
He was my favorite for a good period of my schooling. His greatness is not being realized these days. The ultimate showman :(

jaaze
26th June 2009, 01:46 PM
RIP MJ :(
He was my favorite for a good period of my schooling. His greatness is not being realized these days. The ultimate showman :( :exactly: :( but his death has caused a sudden realisation for many and to think and ponder upon .. :bow:

sivank
26th June 2009, 01:48 PM
I am shocked. I was so eagerly looking for his concert in London. Oh god..... Michael King of Pop Rest in Peace

Shakthiprabha
26th June 2009, 02:35 PM
Prayers for his peace.

Sarna
26th June 2009, 02:44 PM
RIP :cry:

omega
26th June 2009, 02:56 PM
Shocked!! RIP.

jaaze
26th June 2009, 02:58 PM
[tscii:959f486feb]A.R. Rahman issues statement on Michael Jackson's death.
25th June, 2009

I am shocked at the untimely passing away of Michael Jackson, one of the greatest musicians of our time.

MJ, for most of our generation was an icon who made uncompromising music. He pushed the milestone of Pop music to unbelievable levels through the 80s and 90s. I am yet to find an artist with that energy, perfection and vision.

I met him personally after the Oscars in Los Angeles and we vibed very well. He said that he loved India and the Indian people. He said he heard good things about me and he was praising the chord progression of Jai Ho's chorus. He was bursting with energy and told me that every dance move he did,came from his soul and did a five second stunning example. It was like a lightning strike :)

He was concerned about developmental issues such as Global Warming and about wars and its damages to the human community. He asked me to compose a unity anthem on the likes of "We are the World " for him. I nodded in awe ...!

He introduced me to his three lovely bright kids. The kids told him "I love you dad" and he replied “I love you more” as a proud father.
I wished him well for his concerts and he said “God Bless you”.

After hearing the shocking news I wished it was another rumor which would fade away soon. It took me time to believe that he is no more.

I remember, my late sound engineer Sridhar had brought me a video of the premiere of "Remember the Time" when I was recording "Kadal Rojave" for my first movie Roja. Seeing it inspired all of us that afternoon.

Now, there is no Sridhar and no Jackson anymore. I hope all of us value people's existence more and respect them when they are alive.

LIFE IS SHORT...! Artists and their art live for ever. Jai Ho, MJ !
We love you for your music, regardless of all the controversies!

A.R. Rahman
25 June, 2009.[/tscii:959f486feb]

wrap07
26th June 2009, 04:16 PM
prayers. rest in peace.

Man in the mirror - "gonna make a change- for once in my life"

one and only.

sha
26th June 2009, 04:49 PM
RIP... King..

karthik_sa2
26th June 2009, 05:40 PM
THE ICON ,THE LEGEND, THE KING OF POP. THE WORLD WILL MISS HIM.....I COULDN STOP CRYING..... :( RIP

karthik_sa2
26th June 2009, 05:51 PM
You are not alone
For WE R here with you
Though you're far away
WE R here to stay
For you are not alone
For WE R here with you
Though we're far apart
You're always in OUR heart
:cry: :cry: :cry:

crazy
26th June 2009, 06:03 PM
RIP :(

Prabo
26th June 2009, 06:49 PM
:cry:
May Your Soul Rest In Peace,MJ

Sanguine Sridhar
26th June 2009, 06:50 PM
RIP! You are a legend. :notworthy:

raagadevan
27th June 2009, 12:08 AM
[tscii:5881384576]MICHAEL JACKSON - A MAN APART

(CNN) -- He was lauded and ridiculed. He broke down barriers and built them around himself. He soared to heights unimaginable with his music, and he made the ignominious front page of gutter tabloids worldwide.

Michael Jackson broke down musical and cultural barriers his entire life.

For Michael Jackson, the spotlight was always present, and the rest of the world followed.

With "Billie Jean" and "Beat It" -- the latter with Eddie Van Halen's scorching guitar solo -- he was almost single-handedly responsible for getting videos by African-American artists on MTV and helped revitalize the moribund Top 40 format in the early 1980s.

"Michael Jackson made culture accept a person of color way before Tiger Woods, way before Oprah Winfrey, way before Barack Obama," said the Rev. Al Sharpton, a friend. "Michael did with music what they later did in sports, and in politics and in television. No controversy will erase the historic impact." In Depth: Michael Jackson special report

"Thriller," a 14-minute video extravaganza directed by John Landis, paved the way for the elaborate music videos to follow -- including Jackson's "Scream," recorded with sister Janet in 1995, which cost a reported $7 million and may be the most expensive video ever. Audio slide show: Michael Jackson and his music »

His incredible dance talent, a modern twist on the Motown moves he witnessed as a child, led to a heightened focus on choreography in pop music videos and stage shows.

His 1982 album "Thriller" smashed records. It was No. 1 for 37 weeks and, at its peak, sold a million copies a week. To date, it has sold nearly 50 million copies worldwide. The achievement set a high bar for Jackson; when his 1995 greatest-hits CD, "HIStory," sold 7 million copies, it was considered a relative failure.

Jackson was also a fashion icon, his heavily zippered leather jackets a de rigueur 1980s fashion accessory, his single, spangled glove beyond compare.

On the down side, Jackson also led in making pop stars the subject of the paparazzi and tabloids in a way, perhaps, equaled only by such icons as Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley and the pre-"Sgt. Pepper" Beatles. Rumors abounded, from his pets to his sleeping habits to his cosmetic surgery, all fodder for the press. After stories arose of possible child molestation, he never got back in the media's good graces; he was treated as a traveling circus.

From the time he was a child, it was obvious Michael Jackson was something special. In 1966, when he was 8, he joined his brothers in the band his father put together and started singing lead with brother Jermaine.

Though Motown Records was the top label of the 1960s, inventing what it called "the Sound of Young America," by 1969 -- when Jackson and his brothers in the Jackson 5 first hit the charts -- the label was finding itself out of step with the psychedelic and hard-soul sounds of the times.

Enter the quintet from Gary, Indiana.

Motown signed the group in 1968 and poured its all into the Jackson 5's first single, "I Want You Back" -- the writing and production team were credited as "The Corporation" -- and Jackson's imploring, dramatic vocal rocked America. The song hit No. 1 in January 1970, and was followed by three more No. 1s in quick succession.

Thanks to their squeaky-clean image, the Jackson 5 became teen idols, unusual for a group of African-American youngsters. Michael Jackson's face appeared on the covers of teen magazines; the band even became the subject of an animated Saturday-morning TV show, another first for an African-American group.

But it was in the 1980s, when Jackson became a worldwide phenomenon, that his impact really began to be felt.

He was much imitated, from his hair to his clothes to his dance moves. The music was superbly crafted pop, produced by Quincy Jones and often written by Jackson himself. Even rock critics approved; the album "Thriller" earned an A from the picky Robert Christgau, among others.

There came a moment, around that time, when pop music went into a Jackson era. "Thriller" had nine songs; seven of them became singles. Jackson teamed with Lionel Richie to write the fundraising song "We Are the World"; it was his presence, as much as that of Richie, Bruce Springsteen and Stevie Wonder, that propelled the song to No. 1.

Jackson reteamed with his brothers for an album, "Destiny," and accompanying tour. It was the hottest tour of the year, despite complaints about sales practices. (Partly because of the controversy, Jackson announced publicly he was donating all his money from the tour to charity.)

He was a role model. At the peak of his fame, there were reports of a humbly dressed Jackson ringing doorbells as part of his Jehovah's Witness faith.

Though Jackson's image eventually became sullied by the molestation allegations and stories of eccentricity, there was never any doubt about his entertainment legacy. "Thriller" and "Bad" are still among the top sellers of all time. His fluid dance moves and stage presence set standards that rising stars -- often compared to Jackson -- struggle to equal.

"Of all the thousands of entertainers I have worked with, Michael was the most outstanding. Many have tried and will try to copy him, but his talent will never be matched. He was truly one-of-a-kind," said Dick Clark, who would know.

And then there's the music, from the early, explosive joy of the Jackson 5 hits to the elegant ballads, down-and-dirty grooves and ecstatic dance hits of his solo years. "The Love You Save," "Billie Jean," "Beat It," "Bad" -- they are pop music boiled down to its best essence, with a good beat, an engrossing melody and even, sometimes, a message of love and fellowship.

It's enough to take a listener to the moon.

[From CNN - Quoted as a public service]
[/tscii:5881384576]

MrIndia
27th June 2009, 01:00 AM
RIP MJ..

ArulprakasH
27th June 2009, 01:23 AM
MJ RIP :(

app_engine
27th June 2009, 01:35 AM
A real worldwide thriller:-(

ajithfederer
27th June 2009, 01:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI9OYMRwN1Q&feature=channel

Listening to Black or white : What a theme :notworthy:

ajithfederer
27th June 2009, 02:00 AM
http://www.time.com/time/video/?bcpid=1485842900&bctid=27610055001

raagadevan
27th June 2009, 02:10 AM
It's Sunset for the Moonwalker

http://www.hindu.com/mp/2009/06/27/stories/2009062750860700.htm

raagadevan
27th June 2009, 04:29 AM
MICHAEL JACKSON'S Top 25 SONGS (iTunes):

http://photos.essence.com/galleries/michael_jackson_top_25_songs?xid=042909-CNN-MJtop25#191251

NOV
27th June 2009, 09:01 AM
Michael Jackson death still unsolved after autopsy
By Dan Whitcomb and Laura Isensee

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Doctors conducted an autopsy on the body of Michael Jackson on Friday but could not immediately determine what killed the "King of Pop," amid reports he had been injected with a narcotic painkiller shortly before collapsing.

Jeff Buckingham (R), of Oregon, pays his respects to the late Michael Jackson at Jackson's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in Los Angeles, California, June 26, 2009. (REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson)
Jackson was in full cardiac arrest when paramedics arrived at his rented mansion in the Holmby Hills neighborhood of Los Angeles on Thursday afternoon, with his personal physician trying desperately to revive him.

The 50-year-old pop superstar was rushed to nearby UCLA Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead without regaining consciousness.

"The cause of death (determination) has been deferred, which means that the medical examiner has ordered additional testing such as toxicology and other studies," Los Angeles County Coroner's spokesman Craig Harvey said. "Those tests we anticipate will take an additional four to six weeks."

Speaking to a throng of reporters outside the coroner's office, Harvey said, "There was no indication of any external trauma or indication of foul play to the body of Mr. Jackson."

Police said they were seeking to question Jackson's personal physician, identified by news media as Houston-based cardiologist Dr. Conrad Murray.

Jackson's body will be released to family members after they choose a mortuary for funeral arrangements, Harvey said. There was no immediate word on when he would be laid to rest.

Celebrity website TMZ.com, citing an interview with an unidentified "close member" of the Jackson family, reported the entertainer was injected with Demerol about half an hour before he went into cardiac arrest.

DAILY SHOT OF DEMEROL?

TMZ, citing family members, said Jackson received a daily shot of Demerol, a narcotic painkiller, and that the family believed his death was caused by an overdose of the drug.

Detectives searched Jackson's home and impounded Murray's Mercedes from the driveway, saying it might contain evidence.

An unidentified man called a 911 emergency phone line from the mansion at 12:21 p.m. local time, saying Jackson was unconscious and not breathing.

In excerpts from the call released by authorities, the caller said the physician was the only other person present and was frantically performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation on the unconscious Jackson without results.

"He's pumping, he's pumping his chest but he's not responding to anything, sir, please," the man said.

A senior law enforcement official told ABC News that Jackson was "heavily addicted" to the painkiller Oxycontin and was injected daily with that medication, along with Demerol.

Lawyer Brian Oxman, a Jackson family spokesman, told CBS' "The Early Show" he had been concerned about the prescription drugs Jackson took due to injuries suffered while performing.

"I do not want to point fingers at anyone because I want to hear what the toxicology report says and the coroner says but the plain fact of the matter is that Michael Jackson had prescription drugs at his disposal at all times," Oxman said.

Fans and fellow pop stars revived memories of Jackson's musical genius, tarnished over the past decade by accusations of child molestation and eccentric behavior.

U.S. President Barack Obama called Jackson a "spectacular performer" but said he believed aspects of his life were "sad and tragic," the White House said.

FANS PAY TRIBUTE

Jackson's death was front-page news around the world as airwaves filled with his greatest hits from "Thriller" to "Billie Jean" and social networking sites were bombarded with messages and tributes.

"My heart, my mind are broken," actress Elizabeth Taylor, long a close friend of Jackson, said in a statement.

"He will be in my heart forever but it's not enough," Taylor said. "My life feels so empty. I don't think anyone knew how much we loved each other."

On Hollywood Boulevard, police put up barricades to control thousands of fans who filed past Jackson's star on the Walk of Fame to honor the child prodigy who became one of the top singers of all time with an estimated 750 million albums sold.

About 50 people danced to such Jackson hits as "Rock with You" and "Beat It" in New York's Washington Square. When "Thriller" played, the crowd formed into lines to imitate the moves from Jackson's ground-breaking video for the song.

Facing a battered reputation and a mountain of debt that The Wall Street Journal reported ran to $500 million, Jackson spent the last two months rehearsing for a series of London concerts, including Wednesday in Los Angeles. [nLQ270851]

Despite reports of Jackson's ill health, the promoters of the London shows, AEG Live, said in March that Jackson passed a 4 1/2-hour physical examination with independent doctors.

TMZ reported it was AEG that had retained Murray.

In death, Jackson's music enjoyed an immediate rebound that eluded him for years. His songs surged to the top 15 on online retailer Amazon.com's best-selling albums within hours.

He dominated the charts in the 1980s and was one of the most successful entertainers, with 13 Grammy Awards and several seminal music videos. His 1982 album "Thriller" yielded seven top-10 singles.

But he was twice accused of molesting young boys and was charged in 2003 with child sexual abuse. He was acquitted of all charges in a four-month trial in 2005.

(Additional reporting by Mary Milliken, Bob Tourtellotte and Alex Dobuzinskis)

Querida
27th June 2009, 09:25 AM
Maybe this is not the place to mention this...but I feel it should be said.

I know that being a fan of MJ is not the easiest thing to be, he didn't make it easy nor did the media...

I feel conflicted...I do not want to believe that the little angel from Jackson Five grew up to be a predator...I cannot deny that he had problems with drugs (his death could be very much a drug overdose) and his mental health problems, and I cannot say the genius of his music overshadows his crimes...if they are indeed true.

The world is not black and white...either he was a predator who took advantage of trusting kids or there are people despicable enough to exploit their children for money....either situation warrants no less shame.

If anything at all...I wish for the truth.

raagadevan
27th June 2009, 09:41 AM
Deepak Chopra Says Drug Abuse Killed Michael Jackson - He's Willing to Name Doctors Who Prescribed Pills

The official cause of Michael Jackson's death has yet to be determined, but Deepak Chopra, who was a long-time confidant and friend for 21 years, said the singer was killed by his abuse of prescription drugs.

Chopra said Michael had lupus and vitiligo, but insists he knows it was drugs that was "responsible" for Michael's death. Not just contributing, he said, it was "the thing".

"I think that drugs killed him," he told CNN's Wolf Blitzer moments ago. The same claim was made by family attorney Brian Oxman.

"There are a plethora of doctors in Hollywood. They're drug peddlers, they're drug pushers, they just happen to have a medical license," Chopra said. "I hope this episode today. this tragic death of a great human being will bring to light the huge problem we have in Hollywood with some of the medical establishment. The celebrity doctors who not only imitate people into the drug experience, but then they perpetuate it so that the people become dependent on it. I will be bold enough to identify these people at a certain time, but I think the police should do their own investigation. I think this is something that really should be investigated because it's a disease. The number one cause of drug addiction in the world - and particularly in the United States - is not street drugs, but medical prescriptions given legally by physicians."

Chopra said Michael, who was living at his home for a week after the 2005 child molestation trial, asked him for a prescription for a narcotic; Michael claimed to have back pain. Chopra scolded Michael and did not give him the prescription.

When Wolf asked if Michael was addicted to prescription drugs, Chopra said: "In my belief, and from what I know, he was."

Chopra said he knew Michael was taking Oxycontin, Demerol shots and "other narcotics."

raagadevan
27th June 2009, 09:54 AM
Jackson was pure, childlike: Deepak Chopra

26 Jun 2009, 2240 hrs IST, Deepak Chopra

His mixture of mystery, isolation, indulgence, overwhelming global fame, and personal loneliness was intimately known to me. For twenty years I observed every aspect, and as easy as it was to love Michael -- and to want to protect him -- his sudden death yesterday seemed almost fated.

Two days previously he had called me in an upbeat, excited mood. The voice message said, "I've got some really good news to share with you." He was writing a song about the environment, and he wanted me to help informally with the lyrics, as we had done several times before. When I tried to return his call, however, the number was disconnected. (Terminally spooked by his treatment in the press, he changed his phone number often.) So I never got to talk to him, and the music demo he sent me lies on my bedside table as a poignant symbol of an unfinished life.

When we first met, around 1988, I was struck by the combination of charisma and woundedness that surrounded Michael. He would be swarmed by crowds at an airport, perform an exhausting show for three hours, and then sit backstage afterward, as we did one night in Bucharest, drinking bottled water, glancing over some Sufi poetry as I walked into the room, and wanting to meditate.

That person, whom I considered (at the risk of ridicule) very pure, still survived -- he was reading the poems of Rabindranath Tagore when we talked the last time, two weeks ago. Michael exemplified the paradox of many famous performers, being essentially shy, an introvert who would come to my house and spend most of the evening sitting by himself in a corner with his small children. I never saw less than a loving father when they were together (and wonder now, as anyone close to him would, what will happen to them in the aftermath).

Michael's reluctance to grow up was another part of the paradox. My children adored him, and in return he responded in a childlike way. He declared often, as former child stars do, that he was robbed of his childhood. Considering the monstrously exaggerated value our society places on celebrity, which was showered on Michael without stint, the public was callous to his very real personal pain. It became another tawdry piece of the tabloid Jacko, pictured as a weird changeling and as something far more sinister.

It's not my place to comment on the troubles Michael fell heir to from the past and then amplified by his misguided choices in life. He was surrounded by enablers, including a shameful plethora of M.D.s in Los Angeles and elsewhere who supplied him with prescription drugs. As many times as he would candidly confess that he had a problem, the conversation always ended with a deflection and denial. As I write this paragraph, the reports of drug abuse are spreading across the cable news channels. The instant I heard of his death this afternoon, I had a sinking feeling that prescription drugs would play a key part.

The closest we ever became, perhaps, was when Michael needed a book to sell primarily as a concert souvenir. It would contain pictures for his fans but there would also be a text consisting of short fables. I sat with him for hours while he dreamily wove Aesop-like tales about animals, mixed with words about music and his love of all things musical. This project became Dancing the Dream after I pulled the text together for him, acting strictly as a friend. It was this time together that convinced me of the modus vivendi Michael had devised for himself: to counter the tidal wave of stress that accompanies mega-stardom, he built a private retreat in a fantasy world where pink clouds veiled inner anguish and Peter Pan was a hero, not a pathology.

This compromise with reality gradually became unsustainable. He went to strange lengths to preserve it. Unbounded privilege became another toxic force in his undoing. What began as idiosyncrasy, shyness, and vulnerability was ravaged by obsessions over health, paranoia over security, and an isolation that grew more and more unhealthy. When Michael passed me the music for that last song, the one sitting by my bedside waiting for the right words, the procedure for getting the CD to me rivaled a CIA covert operation in its secrecy.

My memory of Michael Jackson will be as complex and confused as anyone's. His closest friends will close ranks and try to do everything in their power to insure that the good lives after him. Will we be successful in rescuing him after so many years of media distortion? No one can say. I only wanted to put some details on the record in his behalf. My son Gotham traveled with Michael as a roadie on his "Dangerous" tour when he was seventeen. Will it matter that Michael behaved with discipline and impeccable manners around my son? (It sends a shiver to recall something he told Gotham: "I don't want to go out like Marlon Brando. I want to go out like Elvis." Both icons were obsessions of this icon.)

His children's nanny and surrogate mother, Grace Rwaramba , is like another daughter to me. I introduced her to Michael when she was eighteen, a beautiful, heartwarming girl from Rwanda who is now grown up. She kept an eye on him for me and would call me whenever he was down or running too close to the edge. How heartbreaking for Grace that no one's protective instincts and genuine love could avert this tragic day. An hour ago she was sobbing on the telephone from London. As a result, I couldn't help but write this brief remembrance in sadness. But when the shock subsides and a thousand public voices recount Michael's brilliant, joyous, embattled, enigmatic, bizarre trajectory, I hope the word "joyous" is the one that will rise from the ashes and shine as he once did.

[From The Times of India]

Vivasaayi
27th June 2009, 11:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIq2UWCTCBM

one of the most famous performances of michael jackson :notworthy:

karthik_sa2
27th June 2009, 04:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKBLxh3u0tM&feature=related

wanna know y there cannot be another mic?!!!!! watch this unbelievable video :shock: :notworthy: :cry2:

raagadevan
27th June 2009, 05:48 PM
[tscii:98c9fd0f99]
I was working with Michael Jackson: Adnan Sami

Mumbai (IANS): Singer Adnan Sami is crestfallen following Michael Jackson's death not only because the world has lost its King of Pop but also because he was working with the superstar and his sister Janet Jackson on an album.

"I was working on an album with Janet and Michael Jackson. I'm producing and composing the album. But now I wonder what happens to it!" said Adnan.

Describing Michael, whom Adnan met a number of times for the album as a childlike genius, the Pakistani origin singer said: "His life was troubled. But his music was his solace. Artists who suffer always seek an escape route in their art. Ask me, I should know."

When Adnan first received a phone call from Michael and the Jackson brothers they discussed Adnan's music in detail.

"The Jacksons knew every detail about my songs. They had studied my music in detail. I listened quietly to them talk about my music. These were the same guys whose music I grew up (with)."

How did the collaboration with the Jacksons happen?

"Michael's brother Jermaine's wife Halima is from Afghanistan. For some time she lived in Chandigarh. She got acquainted with my music while in India and she took my music to LA and introduced her husband to it. And then Jermaine introduced Michael and Janet to my music," Adnan said.

Adnan had three meetings with the Jacksons in Los Angeles.

"It was progressing slowly. They like to work at their own pace. No hurry. The album is like Motown music-meets-world music-meets-Indian music. I've brought the Sarangi and the tabla-dholak into their music," he revealed.

Speaking of the Jacksons, Adnan said: "They're very humble people. Always attentive to what I say, always open to innovations and suggestions. They recognised a component in my musical style, and that is this - I really like strong base lines in my songs. What they don't know is that's something I learnt from the music of the Jacksons."

"I can't believe I'm actually working with the Jacksons. Without Michael it won't be the same. We've completed four songs…I'm really enjoying this. I realise I enjoy playback singing. But the independent albums are where I'm totally able to express myself," he added.

[From The Hindu][/tscii:98c9fd0f99]

karthik_sa2
27th June 2009, 06:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDXgSfOz_X8&feature=related

crajkumar_be
28th June 2009, 01:26 AM
[tscii:408961ee77]http://www.hindu.com/2009/06/27/stories/2009062754360800.htm

Pop’s most spectacular act

“In the world of pop music,” an American newspaper once proclaimed, “there is Michael Jackson and then there is everyone else.” He was probably (as the Guinness Book of World Records claimed) the world’s most successful entertainer of all time. When related by number, his achievements are unparalleled: an estimated 750 million albums sold worldwide; 13 Grammy Awards; another 13 number one singles; two inductions into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. In assessing his place in the history of pop, it is important to remember that Jackson was not just a musician. He was a spectacular act. Viewed in isolation, his music was not path-breaking; he did not invent or even heavily influence a musical genre as Chuck Berry or Led Zeppelin or Bob Dylan did. In 2004, when Rolling Stone magazine compiled a list of the 500 greatest songs of all time, Jackson had only one listing. But with his stunningly syncopated dance moves, signature moonwalk, androgynous allure, white fedora, and crystal gloves, he transformed his music, including runaway hits such as Billie Jean and Beat It, into iconic pieces of pop art. The magnetism he brought in changed the shape of the music industry. He lent an altogether different dimension to music videos, influenced the way people danced, and gave a whole new meaning to the term ‘live performance.’ Michael Jackson was not someone you merely listened to; he was someone you experienced.

Even as a child star performing with his siblings as the Jackson Five, which earned a name for its rendition of classic Motown hits, Michael showed he was exceptionally blessed. His big break came in the early 1980s when Thriller — the biggest selling album of all time — launched him as the King of Pop. Superstardom brought with it a slow descent into eccentricity, bizarre behaviour, and scandal. His reclusive private life in Neverland, his California ranch where he surrounded himself with children, became the subject of feverish media interest. A string of plastic surgeries on his nose and his strangely lightening skin tone (which he attributed to the disease vitiligo, not to bleaching) led to allegations of ethnic self-hatred. Charges of child sex abuse, which were never proved, left a stain on his reputation. He got into big financial problems. The end was as poignant as the humble beginning. The 50-year-old was rehearsing for a huge musical comeback when he collapsed. The 50 shows scheduled at the O2 arena in London, which were to start next month, had sold out within hours. Now we will never know what might have been but we can celebrate and enjoy what Michael Jackson’s flawed genius has given the world.[/tscii:408961ee77]

crajkumar_be
28th June 2009, 01:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rixrD2Ljgzk&feature=popular

app_engine
28th June 2009, 07:28 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUSTRE55R04120090628

செத்தும் கொடுத்தான் சீதக்காதி:-(

Dinesh84
28th June 2009, 10:53 PM
RIP :(

ajithfederer
29th June 2009, 12:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-WVpQ0ZG8Q&hd=1

Aatam na idhu :clap:

ajithfederer
30th June 2009, 04:57 AM
She was more like a beauty queen from a movie scene
I said don't mind, but what do you mean I am the one
Who will dance on the floor in the round
She said I am the one, who will dance on the floor in the round

She told me her name was Billie Jean, as she caused a scene
Then every head turned with eyes that dreamed of being the one
Who will dance on the floor in the round

People always told me be careful of what you do
And don't go around breaking young girls' hearts
And mother always told me be careful of who you love
And be careful of what you do 'cause the lie becomes the truth

Billie Jean is not my lover
She's just a girl who claims that I am the one
But the kid is not my son
She says I am the one, but the kid is not my son

For forty days and for forty nights
The law was on her side
But who can stand when she's in demand
Her schemes and plans
'Cause we danced on the floor in the round
So take my strong advice, just remember to always think twice
(Do think twice)

She told my baby we'd danced till three, then she looked at me
Then showed a photo my baby cried his eyes were like mine (oh, no!)
'Cause we danced on the floor in the round, baby

People always told me be careful of what you do
And don't go around breaking young girls' hearts
She came and stood right by me
Then the smell of sweet perfume
This happened much too soon
She called me to her room

She says I am the one

Billie Jean is
Billie Jean is
Billie Jean is

Not my lover
Not my lover
Not my lover
Not my lover

Billie Jean is not my lover (she is just a girl)

Billie Jean is
Billie Jean is

Billie Jean is
Billie Jean is

Billie Jean is
Billie Jean is

NOV
30th June 2009, 12:12 PM
Wall Street Journal: Michael Jackson did not include his father in his will.

P_R
30th June 2009, 12:18 PM
Banner in lakshman Sruthi musical 100 feet road KK Nagar. The whole light music band on stage in mouna anjali. In the background. One huge framed photograph of Michael Jackson with a rOjAppoo mAlai

Vivasaayi
30th June 2009, 02:54 PM
one of the comments in youtube jackson video

"What a man <3

Heaven must be ROCKIN

MJ, Elvis, Hendrix, Morrison, Lennon....etc "

Vivasaayi
30th June 2009, 03:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-WVpQ0ZG8Q&hd=1

Aatam na idhu :clap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQpHIcy__NI&feature=related

:)

crajkumar_be
30th June 2009, 03:15 PM
Banner in lakshman Sruthi musical 100 feet road KK Nagar. The whole light music band on stage in mouna anjali. In the background. One huge framed photograph of Michael Jackson with a rOjAppoo mAlai
Enna impact....

app_engine
30th June 2009, 08:50 PM
http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/getback/135138/michael-jacksons-greatest-dance-moves/

Nice tribute here!

Vivasaayi
4th July 2009, 12:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDkcBMRQGMI&feature=related

must watch must watch must watch must watch

a short video of his stage show - he does most of his moves here at his agile best

:notworthy:

tvsankar
4th July 2009, 12:09 PM
Dear Friends,
Thanks for the Great Thread.
Lyrics podunga pa....

MazhaiKuruvi
4th July 2009, 01:58 PM
When angels walk among men, they will only be misunderstood.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8121209.stm

Wibha
5th July 2009, 01:29 AM
There's A Place In
Your Heart
And I Know That It Is Love
And This Place Could
Be Much
Brighter Than Tomorrow
And If You Really Try
You'll Find There's No Need
To Cry
In This Place You'll Feel
There's No Hurt Or Sorrow

There Are Ways
To Get There
If You Care Enough
For The Living
Make A Little Space
Make A Better Place...

Heal The World
Make It A Better Place
For You And For Me
And The Entire Human Race
There Are People Dying
If You Care Enough
For The Living
Make A Better Place
For You And For Me

If You Want To Know Why
There's A Love That
Cannot Lie
Love Is Strong
It Only Cares For
Joyful Giving
If We Try
We Shall See
In This Bliss
We Cannot Feel
Fear Or Dread
We Stop Existing And
Start Living

Then It Feels That Always
Love's Enough For
Us Growing
So Make A Better World
Make A Better World...

Heal The World
Make It A Better Place
For You And For Me
There Are People Dying
If You Care Enough
For The Living
Make A Better Place
For You And For Me

And The Dream We Were
Conceived In
Will Reveal A Joyful Face
And The World We
Once Believed In
Will Shine Again In Grace
Then Why Do We Keep
Strangling Life
Wound This Earth
Crucify Its Soul
Though It's Plain To See
This World Is Heavenly
Be God's Glow

We Could Fly So High
Let Our Spirits Never Die
In My Heart
I Feel You Are All
My Brothers
Create A World With
No Fear
Together We'll Cry
Happy Tears
See The Nations Turn
Their Swords
Into Plowshares

We Could Really Get There
If You Cared Enough
For The Living
Make A Little Space
To Make A Better Place...

Heal The World
Make It A Better Place
For You And For Me
There Are People Dying
If You Care Enough
For The Living
Make A Better Place
For You And For Me

Heal The World
Make It A Better Place
For You And For Me
There Are People Dying
If You Care Enough
For The Living
Make A Better Place
For You And For Me

Heal The World
Make It A Better Place
For You And For Me
There Are People Dying
If You Care Enough
For The Living
Make A Better Place
For You And For Me

There Are People Dying
If You Care Enough
For The Living
Make A Better Place
For You And For Me

There Are People Dying
If You Care Enough
For The Living
Make A Better Place
For You And For Me

You And For Me
You And For Me
You And For Me
You And For Me
You And For Me
You And For Me
You And For Me
You And For Me
You And For Me
You And For Me
You And For Me

So hard to believe he's no more :cry2: :cry2:

MazhaiKuruvi
5th July 2009, 09:35 PM
Most of the lyrics to Michael's songs are here http://www.azlyrics.com/j/jackson.html

raagadevan
8th July 2009, 09:07 AM
"Best father you can ever imagine..."

-Paris Katherine Jackson

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbiz/2009/07/07/sot.paris.jackson.aeglive

"Goodbye, Michael Jackson..."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/07/07/michael.jackson.wrap/index.html

Thalafanz
8th July 2009, 10:01 AM
[tscii:ae385ef9e2]Jackson hailed as greatest entertainer, best dad

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Mariah Carey, Stevie Wonder and Usher sang emotional farewells on Tuesday to Michael Jackson, who was hailed as "the greatest entertainer that ever lived" and described by his tearful 11-year-old daughter Paris as "the best father you could ever imagine."

Some 18,000 fans, family members and friends took part in a public memorial for Jackson in the Los Angeles sports arena where the singer had rehearsed the day before his death for a highly-anticipated series of comeback concerts.

Jackson's brothers, each wearing a single sequined glove in homage to his signature look, carried the singer's golden casket into the downtown Staples Center.

Carey performed Jackson's 1970 ballad "I'll Be There", Usher's voice cracked as he sang "Gone Too Soon" and the King of Pop's three children made a rare public appearance without veils used for years by Jackson to shield them from the media.

But it was Jackson himself who loomed larger than life, shown in old concert footage, music videos and news clips, singing, dancing his moonwalk and surrounded by adoring crowds.

"The more I think about Michael, and talk about Michael, the more I think that 'King of Pop' is not good enough," said Motown Records founder Berry Gordy, who signed The Jackson 5 to a recording contract in 1968. "I think he is simply the greatest entertainer that ever lived."

The two-hour memorial focused on Jackson's musical achievements, overshadowed in the last 10 years by the darker side of the singer's life, including his humiliating 2005 trial and acquittal on charges of child sex abuse.

Jackson's sudden death from cardiac arrest in Los Angeles on June 25 at the age of 50 stunned fans across the world and sent sales of his biggest hits from albums such as "Thriller" and "Off the Wall" back to the top of music charts.

President Barack Obama, on a visit to Russia, said he was "one of the greatest entertainers of our generation, perhaps any generation," and added: "I think like Elvis, like Sinatra, like The Beatles he became a core part of our culture.

The memorial focused on Jackson's 45-year musical career in which he was awarded 13 Grammys, his charity work for childrens' groups and his role in opening the mainstream pop and celebrity world to African-Americans.

It was broadcast live on U.S. national TV networks and Internet company Akamai said it was the most widely viewed event on the Web since the inauguration of Obama in January.

The company, which handles 20 percent of the world's Web traffic, reported that it ran some 2.8 million audio and video streams during the webcast.

Gordy was among the few who referred obliquely to Jackson's recent troubles. "Sure there was some sad times and maybe some questionable decisions on his part, but Michael Jackson accomplished everything he dreamed of," said Gordy.

"NOTHING STRANGE" ABOUT DADDY

Jackson was on the eve of a comeback after his career collapsed in the 1990s. The exact cause of his death is still awaiting toxicology results amid reports of abuse of prescription drugs, including the powerful narcotic Diprivan.

Civil rights leader Al Sharpton, who has lashed out at media coverage of the bizarre aspects of Jackson's life, had a message for the singer's three children.

"Wasn't nothing strange about your daddy. It was strange what your daddy had to deal with," he said, to cheers from the audience.

The children, Prince Michael, 12, Paris and Prince Michael II, 7, appeared with the family on stage to join in a mass chorus of Jackson's inspirational hits "We Are the World" and "Heal the World".

Paris, in tears, took the microphone to say: "Ever since I was born my daddy has been the best father you can ever imagine and I just wanted to say I love him, so much."

Jackson's family and close friends held a brief private ceremony earlier on Tuesday at a Los Angeles cemetery before bringing the singer's body and casket to the memorial. Questions remained on where exactly Jackson would be buried.

Police had estimated that more than 250,000 people would gather outside the arena but the orderly crowds were much smaller than expected. Many fans and downtown office workers appeared to have stayed at home to watch the ceremony on TV.

Police, security, escorts and sanitation for the memorial ceremony are expected to cost cash-strapped Los Angeles city council nearly $4 million. The city council on Tuesday launched a web site asking for fans to make donations towards the cost of hosting Tuesday's events and said that contributions had started to come in.

(Additional reporting by Jill Serjeant, Alex Dobuzinskis and Jim Finkle)

Copyright © 2008 Reuters

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2009/7/8/worldupdates/2009-07-08T040609Z_01_NOOTR_RTRMDNC_0_-408754-4&sec=Worldupdates[/tscii:ae385ef9e2]

app_engine
16th July 2009, 07:14 PM
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-jackson-album-sales16-2009jul16,0,7847156.story

9 million record sales since his death.

Thalafanz
16th July 2009, 07:16 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

priya32
16th July 2009, 07:25 PM
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-jackson-album-sales16-2009jul16,0,7847156.story

9 million record sales since his death.

Tell me about!

I've been trying to get 'Thriller' album since Michael's passing by going to different stores and online...EmaaRRam thaan michcham!

ajithfederer
16th July 2009, 11:21 PM
This is the official clip from BOUNCE & Friends. More than 300 dancers met at 15.30, got informed and then
learned the choreography in 30 min. Less then 1 hour later they performed it.
A big thank you to all the dancers who made this possible....*
OneLove

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVJVRywgmYM

See this for the cultural/musical impact of Jackson

:clap:.

NOV
19th August 2009, 06:15 AM
Birthday burial for Jackson: dad

Michael Jackson's father says the late pop icon will be buried on what would have been his 51st birthday at a cemetery in Los Angeles.

Joe Jackson told the New York Daily News and AFP wire service that his son is to have a private burial on Aug. 29th at Forest Lawn Cemetery.

On Tuesday, a Jackson family spokesman, Ken Sunshine, confirmed the announcement.

Reports speculated that Jackson had already been buried in early August but the family did not make any statements about those stories.

Jackson's death certificate temporarily lists his body as being held at Forest Lawn, but the certificate has yet to be revised with the Los Angeles County to show his final resting place.

Jackson died of cardiac arrest June 25. The Los Angeles County Coroner's office has completed its autopsy but will not release its findings until a police investigation is completed.

Authorities are examining whether prescription drugs may have a played a role in the death of the singer, who was in the midst of rehearsals for his 50-concert run at London's O2 arena slated to run from mid-July to September.

Meanwhile, the Jackson family has continued planning tributes for Michael. Brother Jermaine Jackson is organizing a star-studded tribute concert in Vienna for Sept. 26 to be broadcast live around the world.

Jermaine has expressed wishes for his brother to be buried at the King of Pop's Neverland estate, located 200 kilometres northwest of Los Angeles.
http://www.cbc.ca/arts/music/story/2009/08/17/jackson-burial-dad.html

Thalafanz
19th August 2009, 06:12 PM
Michael Jackson to break huge star's record?

For the seventh consecutive week, Michael Jackson has three of the five best-selling albums in the U.S. Number Ones sold 98,000 copies and would have topped The Billboard 200 for the sixth week if catalog albums were eligible to compete there. The Essential Michael Jackson sold 54,000 and would have held at #3. Thriller sold 47,000 and would have inched up from #5 to #4.

This ongoing success will enable Jackson to make history (or should I say HIStory?) on Nielsen/SoundScan's year-end charts. Do I have a crystal ball? No, I have something better: the tracking company's year-to-date sales chart. Jackson has three albums in the top 15 on that list. Number Ones holds at #2 and will probably pull ahead of Taylor Swift's Fearless, the long-time leader, in two weeks. Thriller jumps to #10, while The Essential Michael Jackson climbs to #15. Jackson is likely to become the first artist to have three albums in Nielsen/SoundScan's year-end top 20 since Garth Brooks achieved the feat in 1992. (All three of Brooks' albums--Ropin' The Wind, The Chase and No Fences, ranked in the year-end top 10.)

Number Ones is vying to become the only the third greatest hits album to rank #1 for the year on either Billboard's "year-end" charts or Nielsen/SoundScan's calendar year rankings. Elton John's Elton John--Greatest Hits was Billboard's leader for 1974. The Beatles' 1 was the magazine's champ for 2001. (On Nielsen/SoundScan, 1 was the #6 seller of 2000.) Number Ones is also likely to become the first catalog album and the first album by a deceased performer to wind up as the #1 album of the year on either list, going back to 1956.
The Essential Michael Jackson is #1 in the U.K. for the sixth straight week. This is the longest continuous run on top in that country since Leona Lewis' Spirit had seven straight weeks at #1 from November 2007 to January 2008. (Coldplay's Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends had six non-consecutive weeks on top last year.)

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/chart_watch/40484/aug-9-2009-better-than-a-crystal-ball/

raagadevan
18th March 2010, 09:33 AM
Michael ]ackson secures record (posthumous) music deal

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/16/arts/music/16jackson.html?ref=music

raagadevan
8th June 2012, 05:15 PM
Don't Be Messin' 'Round (Demo)

The demo of the never-before-released track - “Don’t Be Messin’ ‘Round” - was recorded in 1987 for the Bad
album at Westlake Studio in Los Angeles but was not included on the record.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqzWaRRV4fY

raagadevan
30th August 2012, 06:32 AM
Michael Jackson's Top 10 Hits - (On his 54th Birthday):

http://idiva.com/video-list-entertainment/michael-jacksons-top-hits-the-playlist/15315/10

Designer
29th August 2013, 07:58 AM
Today being Michael Jackson's birthday, I'm posting a few of my favorite MJ numbers.

Beat It
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRdxUFDoQe0

Billie Jean
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi_XLOBDo_Y

Liberian Girl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70VrvkfjJjg

The Way You Make Me Feel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzZ_urpj4As

raagadevan
25th May 2014, 02:03 AM
Michael Jackson at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards Night - May 18, 2014:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDRTghGZ7XU

"Slave to the Rhythm..." Hologram Performance!

Source: youtube & Vevo

raagadevan
25th May 2014, 10:59 PM
Why Billboard Music Awards' Michael Jackson Can't Be Called a 'Hologram'

By Carolyn Giardina - The Hollywood Reporter; May 22, 2014

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/touring/6099053/michael-jackson-hologram-not-a-hologram-billboard-music-awards

raagadevan
26th June 2015, 08:39 AM
June 25 marks the 6th anniversary of Michael Jackson's demise. Rest in peace Michael, wherever you are...

Here's the "Moonwalker" version of "Smooth Criminal..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZed4kuFsJs

raagadevan
15th December 2018, 10:31 AM
Michael Jackson - Black or White (Official Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTFE8cirkdQ