PDA

View Full Version : Felicitation for AR Rahman by Tamil Film Music Fraternity

karthik_sa2
22nd February 2009, 11:49 AM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2009/02/24-ilayaraja-to-participate-ar-rahman-felicitation.html

A.ANAND
22nd February 2009, 04:00 PM
intha news unmaiyya iruntha santhosam!

A_Ajith
22nd February 2009, 05:20 PM
Masakalli being honoured by macha macha?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

viraajan
22nd February 2009, 05:44 PM
:cool2:

This is not rumor anand!!! :cool:

Waiting to hear what YSR speaks about ARR!! :thumbsup: and vice versa.... I mean, what advise will ARR give for today composers!!!

:D :D

When is the event? :roll:

viraajan
23rd February 2009, 11:38 AM
ARR has won oscar too.... Yuvan must be very happy now!!! :cool2:

nanchil_guy
24th February 2009, 12:21 PM
Ilayaraja will take part in the felicitation arranged by the tamil cine artists association,

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2009/02/24-ilayaraja-to-participate-ar-rahman-felicitation.html

viraajan
24th February 2009, 12:25 PM
Ilayaraja will take part in the felicitation arranged by the tamil cine artists association,

:bow: :redjump:

:ty: Nanchil for bringing this news :D

Sanjeevi
24th February 2009, 12:58 PM
-- deleted by myself --

Scale
24th February 2009, 01:32 PM
Mods please dust this thread irundha arikuriye theriya koodathu :evil: :twisted: :Real Face:

viraajan
24th February 2009, 01:34 PM
why? :roll:

Scale
24th February 2009, 01:35 PM
ellam nalladhukuthaan... naan kaduppaiduven again :real face:

viraajan
24th February 2009, 01:38 PM
1. ellam nalladhukuthaan...

2. naan kaduppaiduven again :real face:

1. enna nalladhu? :roll:

2. ungalukku bayandhu lock pannuvangala? :lol2:

Sanjeevi
24th February 2009, 02:02 PM
I removed my post.

But when I was writing that post there was nothing in my mind. But after I posted I doubted somebody will jump on me :lol:

Scale
24th February 2009, 02:20 PM
vr,

You got that now. I dont live by doubts. rathathulaye voori pochu latea thaan realize pannuvaanga. Some are NEVER. Who cares! This post is in AR forum and I have to react. enakku bayandhu lock paanumnu nenacha nethe senjiruppen.. karthik, GVP pera en titlea podala avarum avarum CAA VPla.

Point is, post it in the news/tidbits thread and move on.

dinesh2002
24th February 2009, 03:04 PM
vr,

You got that now. I dont live by doubts. rathathulaye voori pochu latea thaan realize pannuvaanga. Some are NEVER. Who cares! This post is in AR forum and I have to react. enakku bayandhu lock paanumnu nenacha nethe senjiruppen.. karthik, GVP pera en titlea podala avarum avarum CAA VPla.

Point is, post it in the news/tidbits thread and move on.

Scale :thumbsup:

karthik_sa2
25th February 2009, 03:26 PM
vr,

Point is, post it in the news/tidbits thread and move on

what the hell is wrong with u ???yuvan is senior to gvp more popular and ofcourse gvp being the nephew of arr arranging for a felicitation prograame for the latter is not a big thing ..wht the heck if i didn put his name in the title???and never knew legends like msv illayaraja balachander going to attend this prograamme for it was never written like that in anandha vikatan..so wrote yuvan alone in title....i didn comprehend all that u said what is CAA VPla??if u have to delete this thread just delete it ..i don even care to come back here again... thnx...for the treatement

viraajan
25th February 2009, 03:35 PM
Karthik,

Simply ignore those comments just like what i did.

Include IR, MSV in the title. It's officially announced. :)

littlemaster1982
25th February 2009, 03:38 PM
Guys,

Please don't fight. I have renamed the thread title based on the official confirmation.

Fliflo
25th February 2009, 09:33 PM
http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2009/February/250209a.asp

viraajan
25th February 2009, 09:39 PM
இந்த விழாவில் கலந்து கொள்ள இசைஞானியை அழைத்த போது, முகமெல்லாம் மலர்ச்சியோடு 'வருகிறேன்' என்று சம்மதித்தார். ரஹ்மானின் இந்த சாதனை எங்களுக்கெல்லாம் பெருமை என்றார் கொள்ளாத சந்தோஷத்துடன்!

Really music to ears... :clap: IR :bow:

Sanjeevi
26th February 2009, 08:53 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2009/02/26-ilayaraja-is-above-oscars-ar-rahman.html

joe
26th February 2009, 09:04 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2009/02/26-ilayaraja-is-above-oscars-ar-rahman.html

ARR :clap:

jaaze
26th February 2009, 09:12 PM

epitome of humility
A R Rahman
:bow:

Kumarappa
26th February 2009, 09:56 PM

epitome of humility
A R Rahman

This is how a human being should be!! I can't imagine anyone, who just won two oscars and gg and bafta besides 4 national film awards and a dozen of filmfare ones, to behave so humble, not to forget his past and his guru, to be so ... so.... running out of words! He is at top of the world and speaks as if he started to compose music a few weeks ago and was a complete amateur. This is indeed humility personified! Go and try to find such people in this miserable world. Extremly happy and proud to live in this era where this genius and ever-humbleman lives.

ajaybaskar
2nd March 2009, 08:00 AM
[tscii:8ab8b8f886]Musicians in harmony shower Rahman with rhapsodies

CHENNAI: To the scores of musicians, who extolled the musical talent of A.R.Rahman on Sunday, and to the rest of world, the Oscar-winner had just one thing to say: “Music is oneness. Abusing each other in a music industry is unhealthy. I request my fans to stay away from degrading someone else’s composition because every work is worth its effort.”

As the audience, who were freezing the moments on cameras, looked up to hear more, he continued: “This award belongs to every person in the music industry. God just had selected me to collect this on behalf of you all.”

A piercing applause rounded off the felicitation function for the Academy Award-winner that organised by the Cine Musicians’ Union.

Veteran Carnatic musician M. Balamurali Krishna, said the award was a recognition of Rahman’s musical creativity and hard work. Producer A.V.M. Saravanan recalled the chartbuster days of ‘Minsara Kanavu’ and the more-recent ‘Sivaji,’ composed by Rahman, and said both the musical albums played a major role in the movies’ success.

He expressed optimism that veterans in the film industry such as M.S.Viswanathan and Vaali will be honoured justly for their immense contribution to the industry.

Tracing the journey of music in Tamil films, Director K. Balachander said his Oscar took the Indian films to a global stage. Films like ‘Nayagan,’ ‘Devar Magan,’ ‘Lagaan,’ and ‘Taare Zameen Par’ were not lucky enough to notch the Academy award simply because they were not in English, he said.

M.S.Viswanathan blessed Rahman with many more such awards and said the recognition was only a start for the Indian music industry. Music Director Ilayaraja spoke on the richness of Indian music, which has produced “world-class musicians who revolutionised the film music with their creativity.” “Musicians who have won more than one Oscars had their awards spaced out between a span of good many years. But Rahman made history by winning two awards in the same year,” he said.

Other composers, including Bharadwaj, Deva, S.A.Rajkumar, Harris Jeyaraj, Yuvan Shankar Raja, Devi Sri Prasad, and singers Janaki, Chitra and Mano participated.

[/tscii:8ab8b8f886]

directhit
2nd March 2009, 08:01 AM
[tscii:d95bb19484]
CHENNAI: To the scores of musicians, who extolled the musical talent of A.R.Rahman on Sunday, and to the rest of world, the Oscar-winner had just one thing to say: “Music is oneness. Abusing each other in a music industry is unhealthy. I request my fans to stay away from degrading someone else’s composition because every work is worth its effort.”

As the audience, who were freezing the moments on cameras, looked up to hear more, he continued: “This award belongs to every person in the music industry. God just had selected me to collect this on behalf of you all.” :twisted: 8-) :D :bow: :clap: :argh:
eppadi dhaan ungalaala mattum mudiyudho :bow: :bow:[/tscii:d95bb19484]

A.ANAND
2nd March 2009, 11:35 AM
it's suntv telecast this felicitation???yaaravathu record panni podunggappa seekiram! :D

jaaze
2nd March 2009, 11:50 AM
it's suntv telecast this felicitation???yaaravathu record panni podunggappa seekiram! :D

I don't think SUN TV telecasted it live
Maybe they will telecast soon

Yaaravathu sollungappa :cry:

jaiganes
2nd March 2009, 11:51 AM
I am also searching frantically the youtube - to listen to the unadulterated original comments made by the giants. From the reports it seems that the function was a very chordial (very hub unlike) exchange of pleasantries from the musical GODs.

A.ANAND
2nd March 2009, 12:02 PM
ரஹ்மானுக்கு சங்கிலி அணிவித்து வாழ்த்திய இசைஞானி!திங்கள்கிழமை, மார்ச் 2, 2009, 10:49 [IST]

இரட்டை ஆஸ்கர் விருது பெற்ற ரஹ்மானுக்கு இசைஞானி இளையராஜா தங்கச் சங்கிலி அணிவித்து வாழ்த்தினார்.

உலகின் மிகச் சிறந்த இசைக் கலைஞர்களுள் ஒருவர் ரஹ்மான் என பாராட்டினார் இளையராஜா.

சென்னையில் திரை இசைக் கலைஞர்கள் சங்கம் சார்பில் நடந்த பாராட்டு விழாவில், ரஹ்மானின் ஆஸ்கார் சாதனைகளைப் போதும் போதும் எனும் அளவுக்குப் பாராட்டியதோடு, ஆஸ்கர் வென்ற ரஹ்மானுக்கு தங்கச் சங்கிலி அணிவித்து தன் மகிழ்ச்சியையும் தெரிவித்துக் கொண்டார்.

'எம்எஸ்வி ஆதார ஸ்ருதி... நாங்கள் பஞ்சமங்கள்!':

ரஹ்மானைப் பாராட்டி அவர் பேசுகையில், 'உலகில் மிகச் சில இசையமைப்பாளர்களுக்குத்தான் அளவிட முடியாத திறமையும், அதை பெரிய அளவில் எடுத்துச் செல்லும் முயற்சியும் உள்ளது. அந்த மாதிரி அரிய கலைஞர்களில் ஒருவர். இசையமைப்பாளர்களில் அவர் ஒரு அரிய சாதனையாளர். அண்ணன் எம்எஸ்வி அவர்கள்தான் இந்த இசைத் துறையின் ஆதார ஸ்ருதி என்றால் நானும் தம்பி ரஹ்மானும் பஞ்சமங்கள்', என்றார் ராஜா.

விழாவில் ரஹ்மான் பேசியதாவது:

எல்லா புகழும் இறைவனுக்கே. எங்கப்பா ஆசியால்தான் எனக்கு ஆஸ்கார் விருது கிடைத்து இருப்பதாக எல்லோரும் சொல்கிறார்கள். அதுவும் உண்மைதான். அவர் பட்ட கஷ்டத்திற்கு நான் அறுவடை செய்திருக்கிறேன்.

கடந்த 10 வருடங்களாக ஒவ்வொரு முறை ஆஸ்கார் விருது வழங்கப்படும் போதும் சீனா, ஐப்பான், இத்தாலி ஆகிய நாட்டை சேர்ந்தவர்களுக்கே விருதுகள் கிடைத்து வந்தது.

ராஜாவின் இசை..:

அந்த விருதை இந்தியா வாங்க முடியாதா என்று பல முறை நினைத்து இருக்கிறேன். இங்கே இளையராஜா, எம்.எஸ். விஸ்வநாதன், கே.வி.மகாதேவன், நவுஷாத் போன்ற மேதைகள் எல்லாம் இருக்கிறார்கள்.

இளையராஜா மீது எவ்வளவு மரியாதை வைத்திருக்கிறீர்கள், வெளிநாடுகளில் அவர் இசைக்கு எந்த அளவு மரியாதை உள்ளது என்பதை நான் நேரில் பார்த்து பெருமிதப்பட்டிருக்கிறேன். இது ஆஸ்காரை விட பெரிய மரியாதை. ஆஸ்கருக்கு அப்பாற்பட்ட மிகச் சிறந்த மேதைகள் இவர்கள் எல்லோரும்.

இது எனக்குக் கிடைத்த விருதல்ல!:

எனக்கு நேரமே கிடைக்காத சூழ்நிலையில்தான் ஸ்லாம்டாக் மில்லினர் படத்திற்கு இசையமைத்தேன். அந்த படத்திற்கு நான் இசையமைக்க எடுத்துக்கொண்ட காலம் 3 வாரங்கள்தான். அந்த இசையை நான் ஆஸ்கருக்கு சமர்ப்பித்தபோது அமெரிக்கர்கள் எல்லாம் என்னைப் பார்த்து புன்னகைத்தார்கள்.

ரோஜா படத்திற்கு இசையமைத்தபோது அதன் பாடல்களை கேட்டு மற்றவர்கள் எல்லாம் எப்படி புன்னகைத்தார்களோ அதே போன்று புன்னகையை அந்த அமெரிக்கர்களின் முகத்தில் பார்த்தேன்.

ஆஸ்கார் விருதுகளை எனக்கு கிடைத்ததாக நான் நினைக்கவில்லை. இங்கிருக்கும் எம்.எஸ்.விஸ்வநாதன், இளையராஜா போன்ற பெரிய மேதைகளுக்கு கிடைத்த விருதாகவே கருதுகிறேன். பாலமுரளி கிருஷ்ணா பேசும்போது, இசையின் ஆழத்தை உணர முடிந்தது. இசையமைப்பாளர்கள் அனைவரும் பரந்த மனப்பான்மை கொண்டவர்களாக இருப்பதற்கு நன்றி.

ரஹ்மான் வைத்த குட்டு!:

இந்த சந்தோஷத்திலும் எனக்கு ஒரு வேதனை உண்டு. ஒவ்வொரு இசை கலைஞர்களுக்கும் குறிப்பிட்ட ரசிகர்கள் இருக்கிறார்கள். பல இணையத் தளங்களில் என்னை வாழ்த்துவதற்காக இன்னொருவரை தூற்ற வேண்டாம். என்னையும் இளையராஜா சாரையும் ஒப்பிட்டு மோசமாக சிலர் எழுதுவதைப் பார்க்கும்போது வேதனையாக உள்ளது. என் ரசிகர்களை நான் கேட்டுக்கொள்வது, தயவுசெய்து எல்லாம் யாரையும் திட்டாதீர்கள். ஒப்பிட்டுப் பேசாதீர்கள் என்றார் ரஹ்மான்.

ஹாரிஸ் ஜெயராஜ் மோதிரம் பரிசு!:

விழாவில் டாக்டர் பாலமுரளி கிருஷ்ணா, எம்.எஸ்.விஸ்வநாதன், பட அதிபர் ஏவி.எம்.சரவணன், இயக்குநர் கே.பாலசந்தர், இசையமைப்பாளர்கள் தேவா, வித்யாசாகர், ஹாரிஸ் ஜெயராஜ், பரத்வாஜ், தேவி ஸ்ரீபிரசாத், சங்கர் கணேஷ், யுவன்சங்க ராஜா, பின்னணி பாடகர்கள் டி.எம்.சவுந்தராஜன், மனோ, பாடகிகள் எல்.ஆர்.ஈஸ்வரி, எஸ்.ஜானகி ஆகியோரும் பேசினார்கள்.

நிகழ்ச்சியின் போது ஏ.ஆர்.ரகுமானுக்கு மோதிரம் அணிவித்தார் ஹாரிஸ் ஜெயராஜ். சங்கர் கணேஷ், ஏ.ஆர்.ரகுமானை கட்டிப்பிடித்து அவர் கன்னத்தில் முத்தம் கொடுத்தார்.

விழா குழு சார்பில் ஏ.ஆர்.ரகுமானுக்கு ரூ.2 லட்சம் மதிப்புள்ள வெள்ளியால் ஆன உலக உருண்டை நினைவு பரிசாக வழங்கப்பட்டது.

joe
2nd March 2009, 12:23 PM
'ஜான் வில்லியம்ஸ் என்ற இசையமைப்பாளர் நான்கு ஆஸ்கர் விருதுகளை வாங்கியிருக்கிறார். அந்த நான்கையும் அவர் வாங்குவதற்கு கால இடைவெளி அதிகம் தேவைப்பட்டது. ஆனால், ரஹ்மான் மட்டும்தான் 'சொடக்கு' போடுவதற்குள் இந்த கையில் ஒன்று, அந்த கையில் ஒன்றுமாக இரண்டு விருதுகளை வாங்கினார். இது மிகவும் பெருமைக்குரிய விஷயம். இசை என்பது விருதுகளுக்கெல்லாம் அப்பாற்பட்டது. இசையில் கீழ் ஸ்தாயி, மேல் ஸ்தாயி, உச்ச ஸ்தாயி என்று உண்டு. என்னை பொருத்தவரை ரஹ்மான் உச்ச ஸ்தாயி என்ற ஸ்தானத்தை அடைந்திருக்கிறார். அவருக்கு என் வாழ்த்துக்கள்'

Yathu
2nd March 2009, 04:25 PM
ARR being Felicitated by Ilayaraja: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7GzMrN5LKk Source: ARR Facebook fan page. Why wasn't this broadcast on any TV channels in India? :?

jaaze
2nd March 2009, 04:31 PM
ARR being Falictated by Ilaiayraaja:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7GzMrN5LKk

Source: ARR Facebook fan page.

Why wasn't this broadcast on any TV channels in India? :?

Sun TV has the broadcast rights. It will do so soon.

crajkumar_be
2nd March 2009, 06:19 PM
ARR being Falictated by Ilaiayraaja:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7GzMrN5LKk

Source: ARR Facebook fan page.

Why wasn't this broadcast on any TV channels in India? :?
:ty: This is ultimate for me!

viraajan
2nd March 2009, 06:20 PM
'ஜான் வில்லியம்ஸ் என்ற இசையமைப்பாளர் நான்கு ஆஸ்கர் விருதுகளை வாங்கியிருக்கிறார். அந்த நான்கையும் அவர் வாங்குவதற்கு கால இடைவெளி அதிகம் தேவைப்பட்டது. ஆனால், ரஹ்மான் மட்டும்தான் 'சொடக்கு' போடுவதற்குள் இந்த கையில் ஒன்று, அந்த கையில் ஒன்றுமாக இரண்டு விருதுகளை வாங்கினார். இது மிகவும் பெருமைக்குரிய விஷயம். இசை என்பது விருதுகளுக்கெல்லாம் அப்பாற்பட்டது. இசையில் கீழ் ஸ்தாயி, மேல் ஸ்தாயி, உச்ச ஸ்தாயி என்று உண்டு. என்னை பொருத்தவரை ரஹ்மான் உச்ச ஸ்தாயி என்ற ஸ்தானத்தை அடைந்திருக்கிறார். அவருக்கு என் வாழ்த்துக்கள்'

Yathu
3rd March 2009, 02:00 AM
Just read on Behindwoods that IR presented ARR with a gold chain at the felicitation. HJ also gave a gold ring. ARRs being showered with gifts! :D

rajasaranam
3rd March 2009, 11:52 AM
Another news item

http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2009/March/020309.asp

ajaybaskar
3rd March 2009, 02:28 PM
[tscii:52115c4fbe]
Kalam and Kalaignar at Rahman’s felicitation

A grand celebration to felicitate A.R. Rahman is in the offing. The ball, for this glittering event, was set rolling by the biggies of the film industry. The various unions and associations in the Tamil film industry have unanimously decided to host a mega event to felicitate double Oscar winner A.R. Rahman. The decision was jointly taken by Producer’s Council Chairman Ramanarayanan, Film Chamber Secretary Katragadda Prasad, Director’s Association President Bharathiraja, Worker’s Union leader FEFSI Vijayan, the Distributor’s Council chairman Kalaipuli Sekharan and the PRO Union Chairman Vijaya Murali.

When these heads met Rahman two days ago to greet him on his victory they requested him to take part in the grand felicitation that is being planned. Official sources say that Rahman has given his assent to participate in the function. However, the date for the event, which is likely to be sometime during the end of March, will be announced in a day or two. Official confirmation is expected soon.

There are also reports that the former President Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam and Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu M. Karunanidhi could participate in the event. It is going to be one grand felicitation!
[/tscii:52115c4fbe]

par
3rd March 2009, 03:11 PM
I wish politicians stay out of this. If they are around, everybody is compelled to praise them. :(

A.ANAND
3rd March 2009, 06:52 PM
திலீப்குமார் எப்போது ரஹ்மான் ஆனார்?
- ஆன்மீக அற்புதங்கள்...
வடபழனி 100 அடி சாலையில் பயணிக்கிறவர்களின் கண்களுக்கு தட்டுப்படாமல் போகாது அந்த விளம்பர போர்டு. பிரபல ஜோதிடர் ஒருவரின் அலுவலக வாசலில் வைக்கப்பட்டிருக்கும் அதில், 'ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மானுக்கு ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் என்று பெயர் வைத்தவர் இவரேதான்' என்று விளம்பரப்படுத்தியிருக்கிறார்கள். (அவர்தான் ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மானாச்சே, பின் எதற்கு இன்னொரு தடவை அதே பெயரை அவருக்கு சூட்ட வேண்டும்?) சொற் குற்றமோ, பொருள் குற்றமோ, பேனர் வைத்த அந்த பெருமகனுக்கே வெளிச்சம்! கண்றாவியை விடுங்கள், நிஜமாகவே திலீப்குமாரை ரஹ்மான் ஆக்கியது யார்?

சென்னையில் இருந்தால் ராதாகிருஷ்ணன் சாலையில் உள்ள 234 ஆண்டுகள் பழைமை வாய்ந்த ஹஸ்ரத் தஸ்தகீர் சாகிப் தர்காவுக்கு போய் ஒவ்வொரு வெள்ளிக்கிழமையும் தொழுகை நடத்துவாராம் ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான். கடந்த இருபது ஆண்டுகளாக இந்த பழக்கத்தை விடாமல் பின்பற்றி வருகிறாராம். திலீப் குமார் என்ற இவரது பெயரை ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் என்று மாற்றியது இங்குள்ள சையத் ஷா கரீமுல்லா உசேனி காதரி என்ற பெரியவர்தானாம். தற்போது இவர் உயிரோடு இல்லை என்றாலும், அங்கிருக்கும் காதரியின் நினைவிடத்தில் மரியாதை செலுத்துகிறார் ரஹ்மான்.

நல்லவேளை, ரஹ்மான் ஆஸ்கர் விருது வாங்கியதற்கும் நான்தான் காரணம்னு சொல்லாம விட்டாரே?

-ஆர்.எஸ்.

oruvan vetri petral medical check-up kaha rahman hospital pona,doctor kuda 'naanthan rahmanukku uusi potten'innu avaru vera comment adiparu pola! :lol: ithan ulagam-da sami! :lol:

A.ANAND
3rd March 2009, 06:55 PM
rare arr picture
source:aval vikatan

http://i42.tinypic.com/hurh8k.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/zt9m69.jpg

thamizhvaanan
5th March 2009, 04:43 AM

:omg: :bow: :bow:

Anyone has video links for this?

A.ANAND
5th March 2009, 11:38 AM
[tscii:1758d22e10]Musician's Association Felicitate Rahman
[Monday, March 02, 2009]
The musicians¡¦ union of Tamil cinema congregated a grand function to felicitate AR Rahman for winning the Oscar awards. The function was held at the music academy auditorium on 1st March, Sunday.

Musicians, singers and technicians gather in entirety to congratulate Rahman on his glorious moment. Veteran composers MSV praised him for achieving the dream of every Indian and Illayaraja said that he and Rahman are still pupils of MSV.

The attendees list included AVM Saravanan, Harris Jayaraj, Yuvan Shankar Raja, Karthik Raja, SA Rajkumar, Deva, Srikanth Deva, Vijay Anthony, D Imman, TM Soundararajan, L R Eswari, Karthi, Chinmayi, Thippu, Chitra, Swarnalatha,Mano, drummer Shivamani and others.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/events/17632.html

[/tscii:1758d22e10]

A.ANAND
6th March 2009, 11:23 AM
paakkave kankolla kaachi-ya irukke!adadadada....

http://www.kollywoodtoday.com/gallery/events/arr_cine_musicians_union1/pages/image007.html

joe
8th March 2009, 08:08 AM
SunTV telecasting Music Industry Felicitation ,at 11.30 am singapore time (11.30 AM IST in India)

NOV
8th March 2009, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the info Joe, otherwise I may have missed it. :boo:

ARR on the main stage is flanked by MSV, IR, KV, BMK and AVM.

2.5 hour prog :thumbsup:

Backdrop and welcome speech in English :roll:

Sinippets by Kamal, Surya, Vishal :x Parthiban, etc. :2thumbsup:

Scenes from SM in Tamil being shown intermittenlty :lol:

NOV
8th March 2009, 09:50 AM
Snippets: K. Pakiaraj, Vairamuthu, Gangai Amaran, Abbas :roll: Shreya :P all spoke.

On stage, MSV brought tears to our eyes with his touching speech. KB spoke entirely in English :x

MC is SA Rajkumar.
Among the audience: TMS, PBS, Chitra,
Harris Jeyaraj, Karthik Raja, Deva, K Pakiaraj. etc.

directhit
8th March 2009, 09:52 AM
MSV :bow: :bow: :bow:

directhit
8th March 2009, 10:11 AM
IR :clap: :clap: :clap:

NOV
8th March 2009, 10:15 AM
IR first brought the two mics together when he was called to speak. His words, "idhuvarai pirindh irundhavai inimEl ondru sErndhuvittadhu."

He gave a long speech and ARR was mostly smiling away during then. :D

directhit
8th March 2009, 10:28 AM
Janaki's speech and ARR crying on stage when spoken abt his Dad!

NOV
8th March 2009, 10:32 AM
Harris Jeyaraj: Annakkili mattum english padamaa irundhaa Raaja saar 32 Oscar vaangi iruppaaru....

Harris Jeyaraj: Roja mattum english padamaa irundhaa Rahaman saarum 32 Oscar vaangi iruppaaru....

directhit
8th March 2009, 11:02 AM
Shankar Ganesh :lol: :clap: :clap:

viraajan
8th March 2009, 11:06 AM
Harris Jeyaraj: Annakkili mattum english padamaa irundhaa Raaja saar 32 Oscar vaangi iruppaaru....

Harris Jeyaraj: Roja mattum english padamaa irundhaa Rahaman saarum 32 Oscar vaangi iruppaaru....

16'la solli irupparu :confused2:

NOV
8th March 2009, 11:42 AM
ARR in his speech asked his fans on the net not to breed hatred and speak ill of other MD's works.

Let me tell you a little secret: ARR visits The Hub. :shhh:

joe
8th March 2009, 01:09 PM
Watched the full programme :D

ARR ,MSV ,IR ,Janaki ,Chithra :thumbsup:

ajaybaskar
8th March 2009, 01:24 PM
என் தலைவன் கண்கலங்கி நான் இதுவரை பார்த்ததில்லை. ஆனால் இன்று எஸ். ஜானகி அவர்கள் ரஹ்மான் தந்தையை பற்றி பேசும்போது தலைவர் கண்ணில் நீர்த்துளி!!!

The most emotional moment!!! :(

ajaybaskar
8th March 2009, 01:27 PM

16'la solli irupparu :confused2:

He quoted Rahman will get 32 bcoz he accepts nothing less than 2 oscars!!! :D

Roshan
8th March 2009, 01:39 PM
yArAvathu thayavu paNNi links post paNNunga ...

I couldnt watch it as I dont get SUN TV here :(

ajaybaskar
8th March 2009, 01:47 PM
ppl in yahoogroups will post the links soon. will let u know,Roshan

jaaze
8th March 2009, 02:00 PM
Watching the IST Version.. Coming to an end.. :roll:

A.ANAND
8th March 2009, 05:34 PM
என் தலைவன் கண்கலங்கி நான் இதுவரை பார்த்ததில்லை. ஆனால் இன்று எஸ். ஜானகி அவர்கள் ரஹ்மான் தந்தையை பற்றி பேசும்போது தலைவர் கண்ணில் நீர்த்துளி!!!

The most emotional moment!!! :(

:cry3: thalaiva!!!!

viraajan
8th March 2009, 07:09 PM
IR's speech was :clap:

They way he played,

1? No, no... Give two... :rotfl: The whole auditorium was filled with whistle and claps :lol:

Great speech by IR!!! :bow:

NOV
8th March 2009, 07:14 PM
not to mention Shankar Ganesh, who said that ARR's wife brought him luck. And then his two children brought him further luck. When told that ARR has three children, he remarked, "ARR is semma speed in even that." :rotfl2:

A.ANAND
8th March 2009, 09:09 PM
not to mention Shankar Ganesh, who said that ARR's wife brought him luck. And then his two children brought him further luck. When told that ARR has three children, he remarked, "ARR is semma speed in even that." :rotfl2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BPtxuV-n2U

Bipolar
8th March 2009, 10:15 PM
ARR in his speech asked his fans on the net not to breed hatred and speak ill of other MD's works.

Let me tell you a little secret: ARR visits The Hub. :shhh:

Yes, I thought that too...

But, NOV sir, you are an admin/mod... neenga solrathu - is it based on Rahman's comment, or have you (and other 'Hubbers) known about this for a long time? (I suspect it's the latter)...

ajaybaskar
8th March 2009, 11:16 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jlw4zmyyzzn/AR_Felicitation1.wmv
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ewwelgmlz13/AR_Felicitation2.wmv
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zvmczn1o2nw/AR_Felicitation3.wmv
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mw5nymhwyym/AR_Felicitation4.wmv
http://www.mediafire.com/file/2wnozyyzdq2/AR_Felicitation5.wmv
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zkgnjmyjyjy/AR_Felicitation6.wmv

Dedicated to all Rahmaniacs who missed the show..

equanimus
8th March 2009, 11:27 PM

Thanks a ton, ajaybaskar! I missed the first half of the show as the power went out in my area just when the programme started and it came back only after an hour or so.

Yathu
9th March 2009, 12:13 AM
:ty: Ajay

crajkumar_be
9th March 2009, 12:43 AM
Missed the first half hour.

இந்த நிகழ்ச்சி, நெகிழ்ச்சி, எல்லையில்லா மகிழ்ச்சி :D

thamizhvaanan
9th March 2009, 02:52 AM
Ajay,

Thanks a lot :ty: :ty:

What a great assemblage!!! :bow: :bow: Truly deserved for the real torch bearer of TFM heritage, the great Allah Rakha Rahman :bow:

This felicitation and gathering is as big as any awards IMHO.

Vysar
9th March 2009, 05:04 AM
AV coverage

http://www.dinamalar.com/piraithalkal/ananthavikadannewsdetail.asp?news_id=81&dt=03-09-09

Wibha
9th March 2009, 07:26 AM
missed it :cry3:

thineshan54321
9th March 2009, 08:16 AM
Ajay,

Thanks a lot :ty: :ty:

What a great assemblage!!! :bow: :bow: Truly deserved for the real torch bearer of TFM heritage, the great Allah Rakha Rahman :bow:

This felicitation and gathering is as big as any awards IMHO.

much bigger imo. no award can match this. three legends in TFM sitting together. WOW!!

Wibha
9th March 2009, 08:18 AM

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCHH!!!!! :notworthy: :notworthy:

Roshan
9th March 2009, 09:00 AM

Thanks a ton Ajay :notworthy: :redjump: :bluejump:

dinesh2002
9th March 2009, 09:32 AM
MSV was so loving to ARR... dun think any other MD could be as great as MSV. He has achieved so many, not to mention he set everything for everyone and yet he spoke as if he has done nothing. And he never praised himself at all. Im so proud to see Tamil Mds like MSV and ARR are so so down to earth. Seing them will only make us believe that God actually exists. :clap:

complicateur
9th March 2009, 09:34 AM

Someone decided to schedule a function just as the programme started :twisted: . nanRi Hai!

A.ANAND
9th March 2009, 12:23 PM
INTHA CLIPS PAATU NAMMA FANS YAARUM AZHATHINGGA! :cry2: CONTROL OUR EMOTIONAL

S.JANAKI SPEECH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=128aSGwt8kw&feature=related

Wibha
9th March 2009, 12:34 PM

S.JANAKI SPEECH!

ARR was in tears :( :cry:

jaaze
9th March 2009, 12:41 PM

S.JANAKI SPEECH!

ARR was in tears :( :cry:
:exactly: :cry:

music man
9th March 2009, 03:01 PM

S.JANAKI SPEECH!

:cry3: Yes...It was an emotional moment....But I feel ARR was very balanced in that show...If someone else were in that show, they would have cried profusely or laughed uncontrollably at good remarks....
He just gave a smile and shed a few tears.....
He is emotionally stable.....IMMHO

Scale
9th March 2009, 03:07 PM
You are right music_man!

The highlight is ARR's speech: Its all these aspirations put together made GOD to select me and collect these awards :clap: :clap: (HJ in tears)

anjali paapa maadhiri sonnaru! andha 2 awardayum IR ku onnu MSVku onnu kodutha maadhiri irundichi. And at this time of glory "HE" has to comedown and advice "HIS" fans not to "compare" nor "abuse" any MD.... Periya Manusanya Nee! :happy cry: Long Live the Legend and His Music!!!

united07
9th March 2009, 05:19 PM
You are right music_man!

The highlight is ARR's speech: Its all these aspirations put together made GOD to select me and collect these awards :clap: :clap: (HJ in tears)

anjali paapa maadhiri sonnaru! andha 2 awardayum IR ku onnu MSVku onnu kodutha maadhiri irundichi. And at this time of glory "HE" has to comedown and advice "HIS" fans not to "compare" nor "abuse" any MD.... Periya Manusanya Nee! :happy cry: Long Live the Legend and His Music!!!

Absolutely......so stop abusing. I am.

ajaybaskar
9th March 2009, 09:57 PM

S.JANAKI SPEECH!

I was astonished to see that in no time ARR was back to his usual self. He was very much in control of his emotions..

ஆனாலும் இதுவரை அழுது பார்த்திராத தலைவர் கண்ணீர் சிந்தியதை பார்த்தபோது மனசு வலித்த்து... :(

Ramakrishna
9th March 2009, 10:05 PM

S.JANAKI SPEECH!

I was astonished to see that in no time ARR was back to his usual self. He was very much in control of his emotions..

ஆனாலும் இதுவரை அழுது பார்த்திராத தலைவர் கண்ணீர் சிந்தியதை பார்த்தபோது மனசு வலித்த்து... :(

Avaru azhuthu paathaachu..Inimey avaru kovapadartha paakkarthu thaan bakki. Atleast kelviyaavathu padanum

Scale
10th March 2009, 01:25 AM
Rk, :lol: :notthatway: ethukku neengalum naanum hitlist podrathukka :wink:

Its really sad to miss Dr. SPB on this wonderful occassion, last year he gave a discretion speech (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9qmN1mNJnU) when Water songs (3) were sent to Oscars!

Straight from his heart :clap: :clap:

thineshan54321
10th March 2009, 01:38 AM
Rk, :lol: :notthatway: ethukku neengalum naanum hitlist podrathukka :wink:

Its really sad to miss Dr. SPB in this wonderful occassion, last year he gave a discretion speech (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9qmN1mNJnU) when Water songs (3) were sent to Oscars!

Straight from his heart :clap: :clap:

he said one day he will definitely win an oscar for a movie. his words came true.

thamizhvaanan
10th March 2009, 03:20 AM
Yeah... where was SPB? :huh:

His absence was the only sore point :(

Thalafanz
10th March 2009, 06:04 AM
Even others like Hariharan, Unnikrishnan and Blaaze were missing. (Or the program didn't cover them??? :roll:)

jaaze
10th March 2009, 06:18 AM
Even others like Hariharan, Unnikrishnan and Blaaze were missing. (Or the program didn't cover them??? :roll:)
I think the inviting committee left them out (accidentally) :confused2:

Wibha
10th March 2009, 11:29 AM
was Naresh Iyer there? :? Karthik?

Roshan
10th March 2009, 11:39 AM
-duplicate post -

Roshan
10th March 2009, 11:40 AM
I think the inviting committee left them out (accidentally) :confused2:

Cant be and it is not possible to expect every one to be there with a very short notice even though the function is a historical one. Un avoidamble committments, plans, appointments irukkum.

Watched the show. anbu, pAsam, pArAttu, vAzthu ippadi ellAtheyum ellArum aLLi kottinAlum aniyAyathuku uNarchi vasapattu scene create paNNaama irunthathukku ARR'ku :notworthy: uNarchi vasapAdAmalEyE negizha vaithAr ARR - adhuthAn avar speciality. I got goose bumps watching some of his reactions.

Even thoug most of the speeches delievered there were not impressive interms of oratory skills, the true and honest feelings of every one got reflected very well. No body appeared pretentious.

I felt that IR got truly emotional when ARR mentioned about him.

Romba naaLaikku appuRam - drama paNNaatha oru cine function pArthathu santhOsham. Thank God, they limited it to the musical fraternity.

music man
10th March 2009, 03:23 PM

S.JANAKI SPEECH!

Avaru azhuthu paathaachu..Inimey avaru kovapadartha paakkarthu thaan bakki. Atleast kelviyaavathu padanum

Ha Ha...nicely said.....ARR actually got emotional on a few places and when Janaki mentioned ARR father's name, he shed a few tears and he controlled his emotions by tapping his hands on his feet fastly........

Hmmm...emotions nicely controlled....This program was a really touching program...All most everyone spoke right from their heart. It was nice to see MSV being so nice to ARR....It was a pure fatherly emotion...And IR was a surprise package. From this prog, one can understand, IR is a secret admirer of ARR. If this could continue, it will blossom into a glorious relations between the two leading to some stunning collaboations between the two...

A.ANAND
10th March 2009, 03:37 PM
but i thought ir's full speech-cha romba edit- pannithannga!

complicateur
10th March 2009, 05:31 PM
but i thought ir's full speech-cha romba edit- pannithannga!
I got the same feeling. But it is good to see the both of them echoing the same sentiments. While IR largely buried it under layers of musical theory, ARR was far more direct about it.

jaaze
10th March 2009, 06:46 PM
Ithu mattum nadakkathu (hopefully) :)

jaaze
10th March 2009, 06:48 PM
SUN TV Indian telecast :hammer:
2.5 hr programme-a almost 3 hours aakkittanga (ads)

Unfortunately I have not subscribed to SUN here in Singapore. Ads-E illama speed-a mudinjurukkum :sigh2:

A.ANAND
10th March 2009, 07:52 PM

Ithu mattum nadakkathu (hopefully) :)

:lol: :lol: konjam karpanai panni paapom,namma thalaivar eppadi kovapadaru innu! :lol:

A.ANAND
10th March 2009, 07:58 PM
SUN TV Indian telecast :hammer:
2.5 hr programme-a almost 3 hours aakkittanga (ads)

Unfortunately I have not subscribed to SUN here in Singapore. Ads-E illama speed-a mudinjurukkum :sigh2:

yaarudaya speech-cum edit pannama full show cd-la mattum vantha, RM500 iruthalum,creditcard-la oru illu,iiluthavathu vaanngiduven! :D

Yathu
10th March 2009, 08:20 PM
Was Yesudas present at the ceremony? I havn't watched all of it yet.

shocker
10th March 2009, 11:13 PM
Personal best highlight...

When S. Janaki said something along the lines of:

There will never be a ceremony like this ever again... as music itself has come to bless A R. (the camera pans to IR and MSV)

wow

Yathu
11th March 2009, 12:00 AM
I thought she was referring to the fact that the whole music fraterinity were there to bless/ congratulate him. :S

I liked Vidhyasagar's speech. Something about ARR living the "dream run" & destiny.

MrIndia
11th March 2009, 12:09 AM
IR wisely put, though roshan and madan mohan didnt meet they talk and argue through their music :D

this was how IR and ARR were talking too I guess :?

shocker
11th March 2009, 05:05 AM
Yathu,
Personally I saw it differently as the camera went to IR.

MrIndia,
At times in IRs speech, I was thinking, where is this going, but it made sense in the end.

thineshan54321
11th March 2009, 05:57 AM
guys forget everything. how can someone be so controlled like arr? not a single emotion was overboard. it seems like he measures everything with a cup whether they be smiles or tears. unbelievable. i guess its this control of emotions that lets him control the emotion of his songs so well. if u listen to some songs, he can change something from completely happy to completely emotional and touching within bars. enjoying every moment of this.

Thalafanz
11th March 2009, 06:19 AM
The best moment for me is when MSV kissed ARR on the cheek during ARR's speech. :redjump: :bow: :bluejump:
About the other(s), the less said the better. :wink:

prasad_subbu
11th March 2009, 07:38 AM
IR mentioned about his association with ARR's father in his biography. He should have talked regarding it also in the felicitation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtU4i0KBqag

Wibha
11th March 2009, 07:59 AM
The whole felicitation was a treat to the eyes :notworthy: Loved the way each and everyone spoke :notworthy: :notworthy:

A.ANAND
11th March 2009, 03:22 PM
raja sir speech-la romba unmaiyana varthaigal! :clap:

dinesh2002
11th March 2009, 06:19 PM

Anand... apadi enna sonnare neenge unmai'ne solluringe?? :?

thineshan54321
11th March 2009, 06:46 PM

everything that IR said was straight from his heart dinesh. the way he praised not only ARR but also MSV, BMK, etc. loved his speech.

A.ANAND
11th March 2009, 07:56 PM

well said thinesan!dinesh,ir's ovvoru varathaiyum evvalo arthanggal anu anuva naan rasichen avaroda speech!

athuvum 'namma alalu ponaru,onnu illa!rendu!kondra innu vaanggi kittu vantha paaru thats great'sonnare raja! :lol: :notworthy:

genesis
25th March 2009, 12:22 AM
It was interesting to see IR was seated between ARR on the left and KB on the right. IR won national award for KB's "Sindhu Bhairavi" and ARR won it for KB produced "Roja". The irony here is because of some incident KB did not want to continue with IR after "Pudhu Pudhu..", and insisted Maniratam to use different MD for Roja.

I would have been more happy if it had been MR or Shankar in place of KB. These two guys actually the main reason why ARR became so popular all over India in a short span of time. (Roja and Kadhalan).

IR has come a long way and he has first time publically acknowledged ARR has arrived. (It is high time for "extremist" IR fans to do so!!). I will dedelighted if one more magic happens... IR-VM reuninon.