PDA

View Full Version : what is aamai vadai

samyuktha
12th January 2005, 06:06 PM
hi there

am new to the hub and am recently married . can u please tell me what is aamai vadai (is it paruppu vadai). also please let me know how to do it.

what do u mean by lentils in tamil?

this is very urgent . have to do it for bhogi tomorrow. thank you

samyuktha

hemakk
12th January 2005, 07:46 PM
hai samyuktha,

i think aamai vadai is the same paruppu vadai.

lentils means paruppu in tamil.

soak the kadalai paruppu in water for max. 2 hours, grind it coarsly, add chopped onion, cilantro, curry leaves, g.chili, ginger, salt, whole or crushed black peppers., mix it and make small balls just press in palm, fry it in oil.

samyuktha
12th January 2005, 10:18 PM
hi hemak

thank you very much for ur reply. actually i want to know the recipe without onion. let me know if only kadalai paruppu has to be put or any other paruppu has to be added .also let me know if we can put red chillies. it will be really nice if u cud give me the full recipe, u know.bye

samyuktha

hemakk
13th January 2005, 06:47 PM
yes, samyuktha, you can do without onion and to add red chill when you grind the paruppu to make vada.

only paruppu vada already i mentioned that.

3 paruppu vada means

Kadali paruppu - 2 cups.
thoovarum paruppu,paasi paruppu,ulludham paruppu(1 or 2 spoons is enough) all to make one cup.

soak in water max.2 hours, this vada when you grind the paruppu's you can add red chilli,salt it come out very tasty., you dont need add anything.

hope you enjoyed.