PDA

View Full Version : || Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya | ARR |Gautham Menon | Simbhu ||

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

suntharp
9th February 2009, 08:42 PM
[tscii:62152f90e5]Is Gautham Menon and Silambarasan film titled as Vinnaithandi Varuvaaya?

The ad of the film which has appeared in today's newspapers is very interesting as it does not carry the names of the technical crew or the director.

The theme of the ad is based on the Vennilave Vennilave… Vinnaithandi Varuvaaya song where Prabhu Deva and Kajol dances under the moonlight in Rajeev Menon’s Minsarakanavu.

Here the pair is Simbu and Trisha (looks like her) in the same costume and pose.

Also Read: Gautham to start a quickie with Simbu!

The tag line of the film says it is- A different love story. AGAIN! Simbu and Gautham are not willing to comment on the tagline but promises that they will speak about it at a later stage. Now we will have to be contended with the teaser ads.

Vinnaithandi Varuvaaya is produced under the banner of escape artists motion pictures & r.s.infotainment pvt.ltd.

The views expressed in the article are the author's and not of Sify.com. [/tscii:62152f90e5]

suntharp
9th February 2009, 08:44 PM
wow it would be a wonderful album

Yathu
9th February 2009, 09:33 PM
Interesting ad. Would defo get my attention! One of the most perfectly picturised ARR songs. Hope ARR is indeed asociated with this project.

// Welcome to the hub suntharp! :)

Sourav
9th February 2009, 10:07 PM
http://www.dailythanthi.com/thanthiepaper/922009/MDSG257565.jpg

littlemaster1982
10th February 2009, 12:45 AM
:ty: for the pic, Sourav :D

dinesh2002
10th February 2009, 07:17 AM
http://www.dailythanthi.com/thanthiepaper/922009/MDSG257565.jpg

not only the pose is from Vennilave2 song, even the title is written the way how was Minsara Kanavu title written. :D

thanks dude!!! im extremely excited now!!! :D

Sourav
10th February 2009, 07:21 AM
:)

directhit
10th February 2009, 07:25 AM
this pic of the same movie in dilse style http://www.dailythanthi.com/thanthiepaper/1022009/MDSG257566.jpg

but COM and then telugu movie with Mahesh babu and this - ARR gonna do music for all three? :roll: wud be wow if it does happen - but highly unlikely :-(

MrIndia
10th February 2009, 09:12 AM
basically this is the love story which was said to vijay which he refused.

Gautham thought he would do that with mahesh babu.. he is busy for now.

so gautham is doing with simbu and later remake it with mahesh babu as jessy. ARR is the music director.

ippadinu naan ninaikiraen

directhit
10th February 2009, 11:16 AM
basically this is the love story which was said to vijay which he refused.

Gautham thought he would do that with mahesh babu.. he is busy for now.

so gautham is doing with simbu and later remake it with mahesh babu as jessy. ARR is the music director.

ippadinu naan ninaikiraen pazhasellam nyabagam vachukkapdaadhu - marandhudanum :ashamed:

baba88
10th February 2009, 07:02 PM
ARR is too busy to do this movie isnt he ? This would be a quickie in 6 months I believe. So where to take the time from ? The only possibilty is that ARR works in the time that was plannen for COM recording and rerecording.

A.ANAND
10th February 2009, 07:28 PM
oru velai COM songs intha movie-la GM shift panni irukka vaipu irukalam!

baba88
10th February 2009, 08:10 PM
Anand I don't think so. I think Gautham is not a director who is dependent on any crew member. He showed that with the split of HJ. He never overreacted like HJ by sending emails to everyone. He just goes on. So if ARR has no time he will just take YSR.

Yathu
10th February 2009, 08:48 PM
Anand I don't think so. I think Gautham is not a director who is dependent on any crew member. He showed that with the split of HJ. He never overreacted like HJ by sending emails to everyone. He just goes on. So if ARR has no time he will just take YSR.
Baba, you talk as if all MDs deliver the same product. . .as if they're not integral to the film making process.

A.ANAND
11th February 2009, 06:18 AM

since our thalivar too busy,may be ysr GM's choice!

dinesh2002
11th February 2009, 08:00 AM
'Vinnaithandi Varuvaya' coming up
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, February 10, 2009]

Picked out from the lyrics of super hit song 'Vennilave' from 'Minsara Kanavu', the romantically titled film 'Vinnaithandi Varuvaya' stars Silambarasan in the lead cast. With a deliberate approach to promote the movie, the makers have refrained from revealing the cast and crew.

The publicity posters have been uniquely designed depicting all time romantic hits which has captivated interest among the crowd. For now, IndiaGlitz has received official information about the cast, director and music director for this film. But, we would like to keep the interest factor up by not spilling the beans until the makers decide to publicize the news.

As of now, we can say Silambarasan for the first time will be teaming up with a big time director and an acclaimed songster will compose the musical score. The lead lady who earlier made waves pairing up with Silambarasan comes back again. Any guesses!

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/44917.html

kham
11th February 2009, 09:11 AM
'Vinnaithandi Varuvaya' coming up
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, February 10, 2009]

Picked out from the lyrics of super hit song 'Vennilave' from 'Minsara Kanavu', the romantically titled film 'Vinnaithandi Varuvaya' stars Silambarasan in the lead cast. With a deliberate approach to promote the movie, the makers have refrained from revealing the cast and crew.

The publicity posters have been uniquely designed depicting all time romantic hits which has captivated interest among the crowd. For now, IndiaGlitz has received official information about the cast, director and music director for this film. But, we would like to keep the interest factor up by not spilling the beans until the makers decide to publicize the news.

As of now, we can say Silambarasan for the first time will be teaming up with a big time director and an acclaimed songster will compose the musical score. The lead lady who earlier made waves pairing up with Silambarasan comes back again. Any guesses!

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/44917.html

I dont tink its gonna b ARR... any of u guys feel da same??
I assume it to be SEL or Srinivas...

k_vanan
11th February 2009, 11:58 AM
Music by ARR :2thumbsup:

http://sify.com/movies/specials/contest/

play that contest for answer

music man
11th February 2009, 01:09 PM
1)This is really a surprise package. But its really a mystery how ARR is going to compose for all the movies at a single stroke. This is against his natural way of working.

2)Ask Gautham to finish COM first. Having not finished the first project, he is planning into another two quickies. This is a great mystery. Tat too with Rahman, the perfectionist, its not feasible. Was not COM a quickie??????

3)A.R.Rahman will not compromise on musical quality. May be he could have composed tunes in advance or may be those were tunes from shelved movies.....Otherwise with such a hectic schedule, our ARR cannot complete in time..

4) The promotional stills lack genuinity..He has simply copied stills from Minsara Kanuvu and Uyire....Thats unlike GM(though he copies English scripts).....

Total mystery........

dinesh2002
13th February 2009, 09:01 AM
Another poster of this project....this time its ALAIPAYUTHEY :lol:

http://www.behindwoods.com/hindi-tamil-galleries/vinnai-thaandi-varuvaaya-02/vinnai-thaandi-varuvaaya-01.html

sarna_blr
13th February 2009, 09:09 AM
http://www.behindwoods.com/hindi-tamil-galleries/vinnai-thaandi-varuvaaya-02/images/vinnai-thaandi-varuvaaya-01.jpg

trisha has look like mounampEsiyadhE days :oops: fake pic.... fake poster... y thread :?

Thalafanz
13th February 2009, 09:13 AM

http://www.behindwoods.com/hindi-tamil-galleries/vinnai-thaandi-varuvaaya-02/vinnai-thaandi-varuvaaya-01.html

Antha thuni colour-a yAvathu change pannirukkalAm. :P
Looks like GM is deeply influenced by MR. :cool:
Hopefully, the movie turned out to be good (as AlaipAyuthEy :wink: ) :)

Sourav
13th February 2009, 09:16 AM

Ada.... uyire, minsara kanavu, alaipayuthe styles-la edukkanumne thannu eduthu irukkanga...check this... http://sify.com/movies/specials/contest/

dinesh2002
13th February 2009, 09:18 AM

:lol:

Yes pa... GM is indeed a big fan of MR. :D

this is so interesting to see ... very clever marketing by the producers. hope the movie is not a mixure of all this, by having the exact scenes dialogue and similar songs :D...but it will be still fun to watch.. :D

Thalafanz
13th February 2009, 10:23 AM
It would be a treat if ARR comes up with a mindblowing album like AlaipAyuthEy :)

Sourav - I checked it. It makes me doubt if it is from the director or fans' work. :? :roll:

GM copy adippAr-nu theriyum but intha alavukku copy adippAru-nu nAn ethir pArkala. :yessir:

Mahen
13th February 2009, 01:27 PM
For the first time in my life, im looking forward to a simbhu's film :D

Thalafanz
13th February 2009, 02:40 PM

But, 3sha will be there... :lol:

dinesh2002
13th February 2009, 03:01 PM
Thala, the sources r quite official as Sify is hosting the contests and all using these posters. So its highly impossible for it to be fake and what not. I dun have the doubt about Gautham extracting excellent scores from A.R.Rahman. Because even with HJ he was able to get some awesome tunes, what more if its with A.R.Rahman... Yappa... unimaginable!! :D

Mahen, u dun like trisha????? y laa??? she is savadi kattei la!!! :D

dinesh2002
13th February 2009, 03:18 PM
[tscii:e295811d92]Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya – The Silambarasan mystery unveiled
February 13, 2009

We had earlier reported about Silambarasan’s new flick Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya, the stills of which you might have seen in newspapers and the web. You might also have noticed the absence of any cast and crew details in the first look. Remember, we had told you that Silambarasan had indeed bagged an exciting project, which will see the best in Kollywood come together. This will definitely be Silambarasan’s most high profile movie yet.

Let’s break the suspense, Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya will be directed by none other than Gautham Menon. The surprises do not stop here, the heroine will be Trisha (with Silambarasan after nearly five years. The last time was in Alai) and in all probability the music will be by A.R. Rahman, something that is yet to be confirmed. If that happens, it will be the first of Silambarasan’s career and also a first for Gautham who has worked only with Harris Jeyaraj thus far.

Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya is a huge surprise on all fronts. No one even had a scent of what was happening. The banner, which is producing the movie ‘Escape Artists Motion Picutres’, has been floated by Gautham himself, no one had the slightest inkling on that too. After Vaaranum Aayiram, the media has been running from pillar to post trying to know what Gautham is up to next. There was news of a movie with Ajith under the AVM banner, some said that he might take up Chennaiyil Oru Mazhaikkalam and there had even been news that he was looking to start a Telugu project with Mahesh Babu in the lead. All this while, Gautham held his cards close to his chest. We also need to give credit to Silambarasan who has managed to stay away from media eyes. We were speculating Kettavan’s revival, but Silambarasan is not too keen on being the bad man any time soon. And, wasn’t Trisha supposed to start work on a big budget Telugu project after completing Sarvam? We must admit that Gautham and Co., pulled off a stunner.

According to initial reports and stills, Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya will be a sweet and simple love story, a throwback to Gautham’s initial days in films with Minnale. There has been no official launch of the movie but on the very day the promos were flashed, the first shot was taken at AVM studios, one that shows Silambarasan walking in through a gate. No other details of the cast and crew have been divulged yet. We will inform you about this ‘instant’ movie’s progress as and when Gautham chooses to reveal anything.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/feb-09-02/vinnaithaandi-varuvaaya-13-02-09.html

ps: this poster in the website looks fake....[/tscii:e295811d92]

A.ANAND
13th February 2009, 04:26 PM

me too! :lol: oru silambatteme thanggalada sami![kola veri] :lol:

littlemaster1982
13th February 2009, 05:28 PM
ps: this poster in the website looks fake....

All the stills released so far look amateurish if not fake. Let's see :roll:

Vaz
13th February 2009, 05:59 PM
Marketing guys did wonderfully their job! Even with such low quality (or fake) pics they have managed to generate some enthusiasm among moviegoers! Low cost stills but great reach!

Yathu
13th February 2009, 08:01 PM
Marketing guys did wonderfully their job! Even with such low quality (or fake) pics they have managed to generate some enthusiasm among moviegoers! Low cost stills but great reach!

Yup cheap but effective! I think they call it viral marketing?

baba88
13th February 2009, 08:10 PM
It's still not confirmed that ARR is the music director.

ajaybaskar
13th February 2009, 09:59 PM
Ananda Vikadan says ARR is the MD...

ajaybaskar
15th February 2009, 08:32 AM
Finally its confirmed that ARR is the MD and GVM is the director. Its more or less the same team of COM.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n260/aravind_am/MDSG257571.jpg

A.ANAND
15th February 2009, 02:02 PM
COM story--ya appadiye simbu-yukku change pannitaru pola GM!

A.ANAND
15th February 2009, 02:13 PM

ethellam oru business stunt! sir :) GM ad film making-la irunthu vanthavaru,athanala marketing panrathulla killadi!AP,MN,DILSE still vecha fast-ta nalla publicity aagum,avalothan!

ethellam oru gimmic-than :D

baba88
24th February 2009, 01:03 AM
Simbhu said in a recent interview that ARR has already composed two beautiful numbers for Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya.

Scale
6th March 2009, 01:46 AM
Manga in the making : First Look (so far) (http://scalerevolves.blogspot.com/)

How fast I can beguile! ARR :shaking:

ajaybaskar
6th March 2009, 08:07 AM
Simbhu said in a recent interview that ARR has already composed two beautiful numbers for Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya.

This was confirmend by GVM in a recent interview

jaaze
6th March 2009, 09:06 AM
Manga in the making : First Look (so far) (http://scalerevolves.blogspot.com/)

How fast I can beguile! ARR :shaking:
ingayuma :banghead:

Scale
6th March 2009, 11:20 AM
Whats freaking out you jaaze :devil:

jaaze
6th March 2009, 12:22 PM
Whats freaking out you jaaze :devil:
ungalukku muthalla oru manga / anime/ bleach thread thurakkanum (assuming there isn't one now) :roll: :mrgreen:
(don't take it hard.. jk)

Scale
6th March 2009, 04:38 PM
thevaiye illai. Its Just an indication! dont worry and I promise no promos of GVM in japanese costumes.

ajaybaskar
15th March 2009, 09:07 AM
என்னய்யா நடக்குது இங்கே????

http://www.dinakaran.com/cinema/kolly/default.asp

A.ANAND
15th March 2009, 12:18 PM
[tscii:512918f9fa]
என்னய்யா நடக்குது இங்கே????

http://www.dinakaran.com/cinema/kolly/default.asp

:lol: Pora pokka patha,masathukku oru padam pannuvaru pola!

Silambarasan becomes assistant director
IndiaGlitz [Saturday, March 14, 2009]

Such a multi-faceted personality turning to be an assistant director should have really worried Silambarasan fans. If so, please don’t get frizzled around. It’s all about Silambarasan’s characterization in his forthcoming film ‘Vinnaithandi Varuvaya’ directed by Goutham Menon.

The film’s visual promos have already surmounted everyone’s expectations. Sources have stated that Silambarasan enacts the role of an assistant director while Trisha haps to be his sister’s friend. Perhaps, seems to be a patterned style of ‘Varanam Aayiram’ where Suriya falls in love with his sister’s friend Divya.

In spades, Silambarasan is all excited about ‘Vinnaithandi Varuvaya’ as he believes it to be a trenchant milestone in his career. Looks like Goutham Menon has big plans to market the film internationally. Naturally, when the auteur is randomly promoting the film putting on A.R. Rahman’s Oscar victory (Musical Score by Academy Award Winner) through the media networks, there are probabilities for his plans working out.

[/tscii:512918f9fa]

A.ANAND
17th April 2009, 07:21 AM
Gautham starts another quickie!

By Moviebuzz | Thursday, 16 April , 2009, 18:54

The trendsetting director of Kollywood, Gautham Vasudeva Menon, has started yet another quickie which is a psychological thriller with no songs!

This film will have the entire crew of Vinnaithandi Varuvaaya and AR Rahman抯 background score.

This edge of the seat, psychotic untitled thriller has Sameera Reddy and new boy Veera in the lead. Veera is none other than Gautham抯 long time associate, the bearded and handsome Karthi who also handles the director抯 production work. The buzz is that Sameera took up the film as she was bowled over by Gautham抯 narration.

Last week, Gautham completed a good chunk of the shoot of the film on ECR, near Chennai. The ace director is changing genres with this film and showing he can do a taut thriller, that will keep the mercury rising.

At the same time, his Simbu- Trisha starrer Vinnaithandi Varuvaaya is almost 70 percent complete and after the New York shoot in May, the film will be ready for release in July.

Meanwhile Gautham has gifted himself a brand new Audi Q7, which only his favourite actor Suriya has in the Tamil industry.

The views expressed in the article are the author's and not of Sify.com.

ETHANAI EQUEKIE THAN PANNUVARU INTHA AALU! :roll:

Yathu
17th April 2009, 05:48 PM
What happened to Chennaiyil Oru Mallaikalam?!
As long as he can pull it all off without compromising on quality, I'm happy!

Vaz
17th April 2009, 07:55 PM
lol

Chennaiyil Oru Mazhaikaalam was also supposed to a quicky! It has been in the making for more than year if I'm not wrong...

He's a nice director but pretty much all his movies had some kind of trouble to get finished except Minnale maybe...

And I don't think that at this point in time ARR will accept a "quicky"...

ajaybaskar
18th April 2009, 06:40 AM
Gautham Menon's psychological thriller on the way!

Gautham Menon has started shooting for a psychological thriller last week, in Chennai. The film stars newcomer Veera, a long time associate of Goutham, and Sameera Reddy. The film with no songs will have background music scored by AR Rahman.

Meanwhile, the work for his Simbu- Trisha starrer 'Vinnaithandi Varuvaaya' is progressing at a brisk pace. The film is about 70 percent complete and will be ready for release in July.

The entire crew of 'Vinnaithandi Varuvaaya' is retained for the yet to be titled thriller. The trendsetting director's last film, 'Vaaranam Aayiram', was a big hit.

http://entertainment.in.msn.com/southcinema/article.aspx?cp-documentid=2987363

A.ANAND
23rd April 2009, 06:37 AM
கவுதமும், சமீராரெட்டியும்!
மீண்டும் ஒரு ஸ்வீட் இணைப்பு...

கடனை தாண்டி வருவாரான்னு கவலைப்பட்டுகிட்டு இருந்த சினிமாவுலகத்துக்கு கவுதம் மேனனின் அசுர வேகம், ஆச்சர்யத்தை கொடுத்திருக்கு. 'விண்ணை தாண்டி வருவாயா' படத்தை 70 சதவீதம் முடிச்சுட்டாராம். சிம்புவை வைத்துக் கொண்டு இவ்வளவு ஃபாஸ்டா ஒரு படத்தை எடுத்து முடிப்பதே பெரிய விஷயம்னு முணுமுணுக்குது கோலிவுட்.

இன்னொரு ஆச்சர்யத்தையும் கொடுத்திருக்கார் கவுதம். தனது அசோசியேட் வீராங்கிற இளைஞரை ஹீரோவாக நடிக்க வச்சு, இன்னொரு படத்தையும் இதே வேகத்திலே எடுத்திட்டு வர்றாரு. வீராவுக்கு ஜோடி சமீரா ரெட்டியாம். (பார்றா, புதுமுகத்துக்கு வந்த லக்கியை!) இந்த கதை த்ரில்லர். இரண்டு படங்களுக்குமே இசை ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மானாம். பொதுவா ரஹ்மானிடம் ட்யூன் வாங்குவதற்கு பகீரத பிரயத்தனப்படணும். ஆனால், அதிலேயும் சிக்ஸர் அடிச்சிருக்கார் கவுதம் என்கிறார்கள்.

இந்த கோடையை சமாளிக்க 'ஆடி' என்கிற கார் வாங்கியிருக்கிறாராம். நடிகர் சூர்யாவும் இதே காரைதான் வைத்திருக்கிறார். (டெமோ சூர்யாவோ?) கொதிக்கிற வெயிலாக இருந்தாலும் கூலிங்கில் இன்னொரு குலுமணாலியாக இருக்கிறதாம் காரின் உட்புறம்! அப்படியே டென்ஷனை குறைக்கவும் உதவும்

A.ANAND
1st May 2009, 12:24 PM
[tscii:452f674141]
Vinnai Thaandi Varuvaya songs online

May 01, 2009

Vinnai Thaandi Varuvaya has created a lot of expectations as the film is being directed by ace director Gautham Menon. Also, VTV has Silambarasan pairing up with Trisha and this youthful combination has created a lot of publicity in Kollywood especially with the promo stills that were out when the film was announced.

The film’s shooting is progressing at a rapid pace. Like all the much-hyped movies, which seem to be the trend these days, VTV’s songs have found its way to the internet. The two songs - En Nenjil and Kanner Khadalane – are being widely circulated on the internet. However, the VTV unit has strongly denied that the songs are lifted from their film.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/may-09-01/vinnai-thaandi-Varuvaya-01-05-09.html
[/tscii:452f674141]

A.ANAND
1st May 2009, 12:25 PM
Gautam Menon's new love story

Gautam Vasudev Menon's epic Vaaranam Aayiram garnered wonderful reviews, and decent business at the box office. Though he began working on the long pending Chennayil Oru Mazha Kalam soon after, he has left it again and started work on a quickie, a love story with Silambarasan and Trisha in the lead.
The film is interestingly titled Vinnaithandi Varuvaya [Will you leap the skies and come to me?]. In fact, it is a line from a song in Rajeev Menon's Minsara Kanavu [Sapnay in Hindi starring Kajol, Arvind Swamy and Prabhu Deva].

But the most interesting aspect of the film is that its music is composed by double Oscar winner A R Rahman.

In between shooting of the film, the director talks exclusively to Shobha Warrier about it.

Did you come across the title Vinnaithandi Varuvaya on the spur of a moment or did you have to think a lot about it?

I have taken the words Vinnaithandi Varuvaya from the song in Minsara Kanavu. No, I did not have to think a lot; it just came on the spur of the moment.

What exactly attracted you about those two words?

They are beautiful! More than that, I thought the words went very well with the script and the theme of the film. It is very meaningful for the film. In fact, I was struggling to get a good title for the film, and this came to my mind all of a sudden.

How do you come up with such interesting titles -- Vaaranam Aayiram, Chennayil Oru Mazha kalam, Vinnaithandi Varuvaya?

I try to come up with something new, apt and interesting every time a film is planned. Sometimes, I bounce off ideas with Thamarai [the song writer of all his films]. But generally, it is the reflection of my own thoughts. But I always call her for approval.

Is this film a love story?

It is an out and out feel-good love story. You can call it a soft romantic film! It's about youngsters between the age groups 22-23. It is the usual boy meets girl, old fashioned romantic love story!

Is the movie going to be a quickie?

Yes, we will finish the film in one schedule and plan to release it in June.

What about Chennayil Oru Mazha Kalam?

I have put it on hold right now. It will come out only after this.

Why did you decide to make this film first?

We were talking to Simbu, and his dates were available. I thought he would be apt for this kind of a film. He is young, a good actor and a dancer too. I feel if a director can hold him, he will come out very well.

He was ready to experiment; try something different. Trisha is also very talented and a good-looking girl. I felt Simbu and Trisha looked good on screen.

You were to direct a Telugu film for Warner Brothers and Soundarya Rajnikanth.. .

I will start the film after June, and before that, I wanted to make a quickie. And that's Vinnaithandi Varuvaya.

After Vaaranam Aayiram, you were to direct a film with Ajith. What happened to that?

We couldn't agree on the story. Call it ideological differences!

You have got A R Rahman to score music for two of your films -- Chennayil Oru Mazha Kalam and Vinnaithandi Varuvaya. How did he agree to do both the films?

I don't know how he agreed. I narrated the idea to him, and he agreed. Perhaps he liked the ideas.

I am a big fan of Rahman and I have a collection of all his albums. I always wanted to work with him. He has already composed for both my films.

Now, an Oscar winner is composing music for your films; a real bonus.

Actually, with or without the Oscars, Rahman is Rahman and his music is always a bonus for your films. I don't think him winning the Oscar will make any difference to music. But yes, commercially, it will work more.

http://www.rediff. com/movies/ 2009/mar/ 02slde1-gautam- menons-vinnaitha ndi-varuvaya. htm

Yathu
1st May 2009, 12:52 PM
[tscii:231d05efdf] Vinnai Thaandi Varuvaya songs online May 01, 2009 Vinnai Thaandi Varuvaya has created a lot of expectations as the film is being directed by ace director Gautham Menon. Also, VTV has Silambarasan pairing up with Trisha and this youthful combination has created a lot of publicity in Kollywood especially with the promo stills that were out when the film was announced. The film’s shooting is progressing at a rapid pace. Like all the much-hyped movies, which seem to be the trend these days, VTV’s songs have found its way to the internet. The two songs - En Nenjil and Kanner Khadalane – are being widely circulated on the internet. However, the VTV unit has strongly denied that the songs are lifted from their film. http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/may-09-01/vinnai-thaandi-Varuvaya-01-05-09.html [/tscii:231d05efdf]
Has anyone heard these "widely circulated" songs?

dinesh2002
1st May 2009, 01:22 PM
[tscii:1df622c3cd] Vinnai Thaandi Varuvaya songs online May 01, 2009 Vinnai Thaandi Varuvaya has created a lot of expectations as the film is being directed by ace director Gautham Menon. Also, VTV has Silambarasan pairing up with Trisha and this youthful combination has created a lot of publicity in Kollywood especially with the promo stills that were out when the film was announced. The film’s shooting is progressing at a rapid pace. Like all the much-hyped movies, which seem to be the trend these days, VTV’s songs have found its way to the internet. The two songs - En Nenjil and Kanner Khadalane – are being widely circulated on the internet. However, the VTV unit has strongly denied that the songs are lifted from their film. http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/may-09-01/vinnai-thaandi-Varuvaya-01-05-09.html [/tscii:1df622c3cd]

Its not from the movie, its from some pvt albums....

baba88
1st May 2009, 04:03 PM
So VTV album will be released this month ?

A.ANAND
1st May 2009, 08:55 PM
So VTV album will be released this month ?

no chance!may be in july,and movie will release in august! :D

jaaze
1st May 2009, 09:54 PM
[tscii:883d09f7b8] Vinnai Thaandi Varuvaya songs online May 01, 2009 Vinnai Thaandi Varuvaya has created a lot of expectations as the film is being directed by ace director Gautham Menon. Also, VTV has Silambarasan pairing up with Trisha and this youthful combination has created a lot of publicity in Kollywood especially with the promo stills that were out when the film was announced. The film’s shooting is progressing at a rapid pace. Like all the much-hyped movies, which seem to be the trend these days, VTV’s songs have found its way to the internet. The two songs - En Nenjil and Kanner Khadalane – are being widely circulated on the internet. However, the VTV unit has strongly denied that the songs are lifted from their film. http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/may-09-01/vinnai-thaandi-Varuvaya-01-05-09.html [/tscii:883d09f7b8]

I dunno what these buffoons get by always "leaking" either a Malaysian or other foreign artist song before the original release. First it was for Kettavan (kadhal viruz album by canadian i think( then for villu (biggest comedy- they claimed Dhilip's uyirai tholaithen, and other msia songs like nee parthidal to be from villu)

:fatigue:

A.ANAND
1st May 2009, 10:17 PM
[tscii:d5ae51b7e2] Vinnai Thaandi Varuvaya songs online May 01, 2009 Vinnai Thaandi Varuvaya has created a lot of expectations as the film is being directed by ace director Gautham Menon. Also, VTV has Silambarasan pairing up with Trisha and this youthful combination has created a lot of publicity in Kollywood especially with the promo stills that were out when the film was announced. The film’s shooting is progressing at a rapid pace. Like all the much-hyped movies, which seem to be the trend these days, VTV’s songs have found its way to the internet. The two songs - En Nenjil and Kanner Khadalane – are being widely circulated on the internet. However, the VTV unit has strongly denied that the songs are lifted from their film. http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/may-09-01/vinnai-thaandi-Varuvaya-01-05-09.html [/tscii:d5ae51b7e2]

I dunno what these buffoons get by always "leaking" either a Malaysian or other foreign artist song before the original release. First it was for Kettavan (kadhal viruz album by canadian i think( then for villu (biggest comedy- they claimed Dhilip's uyirai tholaithen, and other msia songs like nee parthidal to be from villu)

:fatigue:

appa intha velai-yellam malaysians-than seiranggalo! :shock:

Yathu
1st May 2009, 11:29 PM
Jaaze, it's definitely a clever way to promote yourself & get your tracks heard if you're a new artist! Even if it's fooling the general public!

This happened with HJ's VA aswel, where a song called 'Ragasiyam' was leaked on the net claiming to be from VA. I actually ended up liking that song! :lol:

thineshan54321
1st May 2009, 11:38 PM
Jaaze, it's definitely a clever way to promote yourself & get your tracks heard if you're a new artist! Even if it's fooling the general public!

This happened with HJ's VA aswel, where a song called 'Ragasiyam' was leaked on the net claiming to be from VA. I actually ended up liking that song! :lol:

its a good way to hear upcoming artists. most of the time when i come upon songs by new artists i dont listen to it. so its definitely working :lol: :lol:

Yathu
2nd May 2009, 02:00 AM
Jaaze, it's definitely a clever way to promote yourself & get your tracks heard if you're a new artist! Even if it's fooling the general public! This happened with HJ's VA aswel, where a song called 'Ragasiyam' was leaked on the net claiming to be from VA. I actually ended up liking that song! :lol: its a good way to hear upcoming artists. most of the time when i come upon songs by new artists i dont listen to it. so its definitely working :lol: :lol:

"Leaked Endhiran Songs", that's the daddy of all promotion opportunities. :lol:

A.ANAND
2nd May 2009, 02:02 PM
[tscii:cc3175f004]ஏ.ஆர். ரகுமான் இசையில் பாடுகிறார் திரிஷா மகிழ்ச்சி ¡°என் கனவு நிறைவேறியது¡±

சிம்பு, திரிஷா ஜோடியாக நடிக்கும் படம் ¡°விண்ணைத்தாண்டி வருவாயா¡± கவுதம் இயக்குகிறார். இப்படத்துக்கு ஏ.ஆர். ரகுமான் இசையமைக்கிறார். ஏற்கனவே திரிஷா நடித்த ¡°எனக்கு 20 உனக்கு 18¡±, ¡°ஆயுத எழுத்து¡± போன்ற படங்களுக்கு ரகுமான் இசையமைத்துள்ளார். அப்போதெல்லாம் ரகுமானிடம் அவர் நெருங்கி பழகவில்லை. ஆஸ்கார் விருது பெற்ற பிறகு ரகுமானை சந்தித்து பேச ஆவலாய் இருப்பதாக திரிஷா சொன்னார். இந்த நிலையில் விண்ணைத் தாண்டி வருவாயா¡± படத்துக்கு இசையமைப்பதன் மூலம் பாடல் சி.டி. வெளி யீட்டு விழாவில் சந்தித்து பேசும் ஆவலில் இருக்கிறார். இன்னொரு இரட்டிப்பு மகிழ்ச்சியாக இந்த படத்தில் ஒரு பாடலை திரிஷா பாட உள்ளார். இது பற்றி திரிஷா சொல்கிறார். நான் ஏ.ஆர். ரகுமானின் தீவிர ரசிகை . அவர் பாடல்களில் மெய்மறந்து போய் இருக்கிறேன். கடந்த காலங்களில் அவரை சந்திக்கவும் நெருங்கி பழகவும் எனக்கு வாய்ப்புகள் அமையவில்லை. ¡°விண்ணைத் தாண்டி வருவாயா¡± படத் துக்கு இசையமைப்பதை கேள்விப்பட்டதும், ரொம்ப சந்தோஷப்பட்டேன். ரகுமான் ஆஸ்கார் விருது பெரும் விழாவை ஆவலோடு பார்த்தேன். அவருக்கு விருது கிடைக்க வேண்டும் என பிரார்த்தித்தேன். அது நிறை வேறியதும் மகிழ்ச்சியில் குதித்தேன். ரகுமான் ஆஸ்கார் விருது பெற்றபோது ஏற்பட்ட உணர்ச்சிமயமான மகிழ்ச்சியை என் வாழ்வில் இதற்கு முன் நான் பெற்றதே இல்லை. ரகுமான் இசையில் ஒரு மாண்டேஜ் பாடலில் என்னை பாட வைக்கப் போவதாக கேள்விப்பட்டேன். இதன் மூலம் என் கனவு நிறைவேறியதாக உணர்கிறேன். இவ்வாறு திரிஷா கூறினார். ¡°விண்ணைத் தாண்டி வருவாயா¡± பாடல் சி.டி. வெளியீட்டு விழாவில் ரகுமான் இருக்கை அருகில் தனக்கு ¡°சீட்¡± ஒதுக்குமாறு கவுதம்மேனனிடம் கேட்டுக் கொண்டுள்ளார். அவரும் அப்படியே செய்வதாக திரிஷாவுக்கு உறுதி அளித்துள்ளார்.
30-Apr-2009

http://www.tamilbirdcinema.com/tamil_cinema_details.php?id=797[/tscii:cc3175f004]

shay
22nd May 2009, 10:59 PM
guys here is the crew of VV shoting for a song
seems like a good song from wat i can hear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvrJXZ7U-xk

1.27 to 1.35
and from 2.28 and on you can hear small clips :D

jaaze
22nd May 2009, 11:07 PM
Blaaze cool rap in English :cool2:
In the middle you can see Simbu singing in the same tune in Tamil
Think this song would be interesting :D

A.ANAND
23rd May 2009, 04:39 PM
ready 4 the music tsunami! :bluejump:

A.ANAND
23rd May 2009, 10:58 PM
Blaaze cool rap in English :cool2:
In the middle you can see Simbu singing in the same tune in Tamil
Think this song would be interesting :D

'Hey avan eduthathellam o.k,net-la podamatangga??'gautham sollarathu nalla kekuthu! :lol: :lol:

anthan pottutangale ayya! :lol:

A.ANAND
5th June 2009, 11:29 AM
Gautham has a new US based choreographer

By Moviebuzz | Friday, 05 June , 2009, 10:20

Many people in the industry feel that Gautham Menon films have some of the finest choreographed songs in Kollywood.

The credit for it goes to the excellent rapport that the director and his choreographer Brinda share, since his first film Minnale.But as everyone knows, Brinda is on the family way and is advised bed rest by her doctors.

So Gautham had the US-based choreographer Flexy Stu to guide Silambarasan and Trisha for the songs in Vinnaithandi Varuvaaya shot in Malta.

Remember that Flexy had choreographed that famous Adiye Kolluthe?/I> song on Surya and Sameera in Vaaranam Aayiram.

Flexy Stu (see pic) is Bollywood hunk Hrithik Roshan抯 favourite choreographer and their friendship goes a long way back.

They worked together in commercials including the Hide-n-Seek biscuit. In his upcoming film, Kites, Hrithik Roshan and Kangana Ranaut learned the difficult dance steps from Flexy.

The views expressed in the article are the author's and not of Sify.com

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14892177

MusicIsLife
19th June 2009, 05:34 PM
guys here is the crew of VV shoting for a song
seems like a good song from wat i can hear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvrJXZ7U-xk

1.27 to 1.35
and from 2.28 and on you can hear small clips :D

Dont you think it sounds like Jamie Fox's "I blame it on the Alchohol"

baba88
20th June 2009, 08:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aO-Jkh3sHA

Gautham: Most probably we will do a movie next year.

Harris Jeyaraj and Gautham reunion. But wasn't HJ the one who ended the partnership ?

dinesh2002
20th June 2009, 10:36 PM

Harris Jeyaraj and Gautham reunion. But wasn't HJ the one who ended the partnership ?

Cinema kaarenge, nammba koodathe.... :D

Benny Lava
21st June 2009, 09:26 AM
-deleted-

dinesh2002
21st June 2009, 03:52 PM
-deleted-

united07
21st June 2009, 05:57 PM
pleaselah.....GVM was very diplomatic. What else u expect him to say?
"I hate HJ and we will NEVER work again!!!!" ????

I don't think these guys will work again.

jaaze
21st June 2009, 06:31 PM
why so many deleted and edited :confused2:

someone pm me pls.. :?

baba88
21st June 2009, 08:25 PM
HE could have said that they would think about it or that they don't have any plans yet instead of saying that they will work next year. So he plans to finish VTV, COM and the telugu movie this year so that next year he can work with HJ again. And I think that this scene was not a coincidence. It was planned that Gautham gives the price to HJ. Look how prepared the moderator was and how cool HJ reacted.

dinesh2002
22nd June 2009, 06:26 PM
Guys, no dobut Gautham and Harris made a terrific combo. If they r to get back, its only a healthy thing for everyone. Besides, Gautham is Harris's Mani Ratnam. And we are not sure how good will Gautham - ARR combo be. Not to say any doubt on ARR, but knowing ARR's busy schedule, things might not work out that well.

Let Harris fans be happy atleast. :)

A.ANAND
25th June 2009, 09:38 AM
Guys, no dobut Gautham and Harris made a terrific combo. If they r to get back, its only a healthy thing for everyone. Besides, Gautham is Harris's Mani Ratnam. And we are not sure how good will Gautham - ARR combo be. Not to say any doubt on ARR, but knowing ARR's busy schedule, things might not work out that well.

Let Harris fans be happy atleast. :)

appadi ellam onnum agathu!don't worry! :) GVP @SELVA combo win pannum bothu GM @ARR combo win pannatha?thalaivarukku ithu ellam 'jujubi' :lol:something special waiting!wait n c! :D

jaaze
25th June 2009, 09:41 AM
it sounds classy (based on that leaked bit)
so ARR fans satisfaction guaranteed :yes:

next we have to wish for the commercial hit of the songs :yes: and if its not too much to ask for, the movie to do well in the BO :D

A.ANAND
25th June 2009, 09:45 AM

GM innum romba kadupulla irukaru pola! :lol: HJ paata udan innum 'kadu kadu'innu agiduchu GM face! :lol: stage vittu ore ottam! :roll:

Benny Lava
25th June 2009, 10:12 AM
Only fear is whether ARR has enough time to deliver full effort? Just when he is seen to sign a lot of tamil films, he is getting involved in a lot of other activities like tour and promotions in US etc.,

Hope it doesn't end up like Alli arjuna, parasuram etc., (ppl add udaya to this list, but it is a very fine album IMO) where he just had to complete it only because he committed to it.

Yathu
25th June 2009, 01:22 PM
I think ARR is more prepared for the work load of late. He likes to "rotate" his projects, prevents him getting bored (as he said in an interview).

This is going to be a great album! :D

music man
25th June 2009, 03:43 PM
Hi all!!

IMMHO, I was not impressed with Blaaze rap, which is getting stale now. I dunno why ARR is still persisting with Blaaze. I think Aslam Mustafa of "Kadhal Desam" days was way better than Blaaze. Not to forget Yogi B and Ember..

And ARR suddenly handling many tamil,hindi and English movies including that Universal Music is pretty strange. The last ARR project (Delhi 6) brought back that old ARR magic. Hope he carries that form to VV also.

Another worrisome factor is delay in his projects...While some even blame him for the delay(like one instance where Soundarya Rajinikanth was annoyed at ARR not delivering songs for Sultan at time).

Whereas he finds lot of time for international tours, collaborations and programs. Its totally strange.
At the end of the day, we would like our ARR to deliver just one album in pure early 90's vintage style.

Yathu
25th June 2009, 08:00 PM
Hi all!! IMMHO, I was not impressed with Blaaze rap, which is getting stale now. I dunno why ARR is still persisting with Blaaze. I think Aslam Mustafa of "Kadhal Desam" days was way better than Blaaze. Not to forget Yogi B and Ember..

I share the same opinion. I don't mind Blaze, but why does it have to be him 9/10 times? I'm getting a little tired of his rapping style.

Suresh Peters is another guy he could use!

MADDY
26th June 2009, 10:45 AM

yes......if u see there as well, Harris said, in his opinion best song was kangal irandal but GM almost snatched the mike from him, without even letting HJ complete his speech and said, best songs of last year were from VA, thanks to harris :lol: i'm scared that such a witty guy is working with thalaivar :(

dinesh2002
26th June 2009, 11:12 AM

yes......if u see there as well, Harris said, in his opinion best song was kangal irandal but GM almost snatched the mike from him, without even letting HJ complete his speech and said, best songs of last year were from VA, thanks to harris :lol: i'm scared that such a witty guy is working with thalaivar :(

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

So whats with this whole GM-HJ split ??? I hope ARR only works with this man for VTV and COM... Dun wanna see ARR get himself associated with directors like this......

jaaze
26th June 2009, 12:20 PM

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

So whats with this whole GM-HJ split ??? I hope ARR only works with this man for VTV and COM... Dun wanna see ARR get himself associated with directors like this......rendu perum (hj and goutham) :x .. they are terrible :evil: :twisted:

Raikkonen
26th June 2009, 12:23 PM
Gautham.. :lol:

egoistic...

i remember him arguing with a blogger on comment sections.. not sure where, but it was funny.

jaaze
26th June 2009, 12:24 PM
Gautham.. :lol:

egoistic...

i remember him arguing with a blogger on comment sections.. not sure where, but it was funny.he quoted some blog reviews during an interview... he has lots of time to spare (and suttufy) i guess :lol:

lancelot
27th June 2009, 07:37 AM
didnt HJ say something bad abt GM after he went on to do a movie with ARR? if so, can you hold it against GM for acting that way? after all GM is the one who made HJ. He gave HJ all that he has.

there defiantly was no love between them. even the hand shake was reluctant. if they were in good terms they sure would have hugged and been more happy about it.

i really dont blame GM for his reaction. Furthermore, the stupid host should have known not to ask suck stupid questions not knowing the state of HJ's and GM's relationship.

GM is an awesome director, and finally ARR may get some recognition for his efforts in tamil movies (with GM) after ages

hehe
:D

Ramakrishna
27th June 2009, 09:51 AM
:o

MADDY
28th June 2009, 09:27 AM
read in dinamani kadhir(magazine of sunday dinamani daily) that GM supposedly asked ARR to reduce his salary for VTV which has upset ARR.....GM said to have given "financial crunch" as the reason for request when he owns a plush bungalow and 7 cars :lol: ........now ARR is seriously considering walking out of the project....... :clap:

this could be a complete rumor but something tells me all is not well in VTV unit :?

jaaze
28th June 2009, 09:56 AM
:o:?

Ramakrishna
28th June 2009, 11:14 AM
:o:?

Raiks athisayamaa ARR threads la elaam post panraaru

dinesh2002
28th June 2009, 12:41 PM
read in dinamani kadhir(magazine of sunday dinamani daily) that GM supposedly asked ARR to reduce his salary for VTV which has upset ARR.....GM said to have given "financial crunch" as the reason for request when he owns a plush bungalow and 7 cars :lol: ........now ARR is seriously considering walking out of the project....... :clap:

this could be a complete rumor but something tells me all is not well in VTV unit :?

I dun think ARR will ever do/done this. Its so not like him. :)

MADDY
29th June 2009, 07:21 AM

I dun think ARR will ever do/done this. Its so not like him. :)

see, money is ofcourse not the criteria.......he did varalaaru for some paltry amount bcos ajith/ksr/nic arts were really doing bad.......he did for ksr's frndship.......here it seems GM is trying to trim the budget of the film through ARR's salary which is very unfortunate.....i dont think the "financial crunch" of GM is genuine which is why thalaivar might walk out of the film.......

again, this could be a complete rumor but it has appeared in couple of more places in web

jaaze
29th June 2009, 07:26 AM
see, money is ofcourse not the criteria.......he did varalaaru for some paltry amount bcos ajith/ksr/nic arts were really doing bad.......he did for ksr's frndship.......here it seems GM is trying to trim the budget of the film through ARR's salary which is very unfortunate.....i dont think the "financial crunch" of GM is genuine which is why thalaivar might walk out of the film.......

again, this could be a complete rumor but it has appeared in couple of more places in web I agree

dinesh2002
29th June 2009, 10:27 AM
[tscii:cbf9ce5b22]‘No problems with ARR’ -GVM

Firmly rubbishing reports about a spat with AR Rahman is director Gautham
Vasudev Menon, as both are in Los Angeles currently working on the rerecording
for the flick, Vinnathaandi Varuvaaya

ONE has to pay the price of being an international celebrity, and Academy Award
winner AR Rahman is no exception

Reports by certain sections of the media had stated that Rahman, owing ot his
international popularity, had doubled his fee for all projects, including
Gautham Menon's Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya

It was also stated that a spat had thus ensured between Rahman and the film's
crew, with the former, finally opting out, after handing over all the songs
Ask Gautham Menon if it is true that Rahman will not be doing the background
score for Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya, and the director gets nothing less than
furious. "What rubbish! I am with Rahman right now in his studio, working on the
film's music," explains the director, who is in Los Angeles

Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya has Simbhu and Trisha in the lead, and is being produced
by Escape Artists Motion Pictures
"All reports about AR Rahman charging twice his earlier fee because of the
awards are completely untrue. He is, in fact, one of the few people to hardly
raise his remuneration," explained the director.

The film has six songs, Gautham explained
This is the first film of Gautham Menon's with a music director apart from
Harris Jayaraj. Rahman was said to compose the music for Gautham's Chennaiyil
Oru Mazhaikaalam and it is now learnt that the composer might be using tunes
from that film in Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya. Chennaiyil Oru mazhaikaalam, which
began more than a year ago with Trisha in the lead, is said to be shelved

Shoot for most part of Vinnaithaandi Varvaaya has been completed, with only one
schedule said to be remaining. The crew recently shot for a song in the Malta
Islands.

Source : orkut
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/121301[/tscii:cbf9ce5b22]

baba88
30th June 2009, 02:39 AM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd_Xz7zCT6U

I am not quite sure, but is Simbhu praising the song and calling ARR as guruji ?

baba88
3rd July 2009, 08:58 PM
VTV is put as the upcoming release on arrahman.com

A.ANAND
7th July 2009, 07:29 AM
[tscii:15bffd1c47]Rahman refuses to work on Vinnaithandi Varuvaya’s BGM?

June 30, 2009

AR Rahman has already completed composing music for all the songs in Vinnaithandi Varuvaya and the film’s director Gautham Menon is said to be happy with the end result. Vinnaithandi Varuvaya has Silambarasan and Trisha playing the lead roles.

According to the reports flowing in from Kollywood, Rahman has moved on to Hollywood and Bollywood projects and hence has no time to complete Vinnaithandi Varuvaya’s BGM score. Could it mean that Rahman will leave this project half way? Sources close to Gautham Menon say that the music director will complete his work on time and these are just baseless rumors.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/jun-09-05/vinnaithandi-varuvaya-30-06-09.html

[/tscii:15bffd1c47]

dinesh2002
9th July 2009, 08:17 PM
[tscii:c32a7b6dcf]Silambarasan is ‘Vaaliban’ next
IndiaGlitz [Thursday, July 09, 2009]

Here’s a hero who tries to prove a point with every film title of his. He was ‘Manmadhan’ once, making his stamp as one of the youngest eligible heroes in the industry, following it then with ‘Vallavan’.

And now, Silambarasan- the actor is all set to be glorified by Silambarasan- the director. Yes, the actor, who has several accusations of ghost-directing his films, has taken the director’s hat again.

This time, it will be two, not just one, film. One of these is also a sequel of his most-talked about film, ‘Manmadhan’. Another has been titled ‘Vaaliban’, and has himself playing the lead role.

The actor, who has been on an extended holiday after completing shoot for Goutham Menon’s ‘Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya’, is said to have completed writing both these films. He is expected to begin work on these films seriously after finishing the works for ‘Podaa Podi’, a project in the waiting for a year now.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/48186.html[/tscii:c32a7b6dcf]

dinesh2002
10th July 2009, 06:09 PM
[tscii:11c508ae8a]Goutham Menon a busy man
IndiaGlitz [Friday, July 10, 2009]

The director Gautham Menon very busy at present. He usually takes up one movie project at a time, but now he is busy with three projects at a time. He is working with likes of Trisha and Sameera Reddy.

Goutham has one more project which is expected to start at the end of the year with Prince Mahesh Babu in Telugu.

Let us all wait for great entertainment from Goutham Menon and for now, he is likely to arrive with his ‘Vinnaithandi Varuvaya’ that has Silambarasan and the petite beauty Trisha in the lead.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/48214.html[/tscii:11c508ae8a]

SoftSword
10th July 2009, 07:04 PM
GM is an awesome director, and finally ARR may get some recognition for his efforts in tamil movies (with GM) after ages

hehe

idhu enna thamaas???!!! :shock: :banghead:

Thalafanz
10th July 2009, 07:17 PM

hehe

Lanci, it should be the other way round... :P

SoftSword
10th July 2009, 07:26 PM

hehe

neither of the statements makes any logic thala...

GM is an established director in tamil industry and ARR is a very well established MD in tamil industry... so neither of them need the other for promiting their movie and getting recognition... but no one can disagree that this combo is so special and they will make wonders together...

yaenpa.... edho oru vaaram kelambi oru kalyanatthukku veliyoor poyirundhaa, adhukkulla veedu kaalinu pudhu aalungakitta advance vaangidradhaa....
enna chinna pullatthanamaa irukku.... :)

Thalafanz
10th July 2009, 07:29 PM
SS, I mean GM might get recognition at West side. This could be the first album from Rahman Ji after Oscar. Who knows, even Westeners might be closely watching ARR's steps even in Kollywood. I'm just saying. :)

SoftSword
10th July 2009, 07:58 PM
SS, I mean GM might get recognition at West side. This could be the first album from Rahman Ji after Oscar. Who knows, even Westeners might be closely watching ARR's steps even in Kollywood. I'm just saying. :)

possible :)

baba88
14th July 2009, 02:55 AM
A song in VTV is called "Ohh Marra Pennae" !

Movie is almost finished, but the date of release is still not fixed.

lancelot
14th July 2009, 12:44 PM
[tscii:2e1162d091]

hehe

neither of the statements makes any logic thala...

GM is an established director in tamil industry and ARR is a very well established MD in tamil industry... so neither of them need the other for promiting their movie and getting recognition... but no one can disagree that this combo is so special and they will make wonders together...

yaenpa.... edho oru vaaram kelambi oru kalyanatthukku veliyoor poyirundhaa, adhukkulla veedu kaalinu pudhu aalungakitta advance vaangidradhaa....
enna chinna pullatthanamaa irukku.... :)

sorry :) Let me rephrase that. What I was trying to say is that except for may be (Mani and Shankar) A R Rahman’s music in tamil movie have not been made justice in the “picturing” aspect. It’s a shame to see some of his amazing work go to waste with the director doing an awful job picturing them.

GM I think does an amazing job of picturing the songs given to him. So A R Rahman may get good value for his efforts in GM’s movies.

That’s what I was trying to say, sorry for the confusion :)
[/tscii:2e1162d091]

A.ANAND
15th July 2009, 09:14 AM
VTV IMEGES

http://behindwoods.com/hindi-tamil-galleries/vinnai-thaandi-varuvaaya-10/vinnai-thaandi-varuvaaya-01.html

A.ANAND
15th July 2009, 09:29 AM

'Ohh marra pennae'ippadiyum oru lyrick-kah?? :lol:

A.ANAND
15th July 2009, 09:45 AM
more VTV imeges

http://sify.com/movies/imagegallery/galleryDetail.php?id=jhokkVjgbfc&title=Exclusive_Simbu_Trisha_romance_in_Malta

A.ANAND
16th July 2009, 09:28 AM
A.R. Rahman is not stepping out of my film- Gowtham

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/entertainment/ar-rahman-is-not-stepping-out-of-my-film-gowtham_100218264.html

A.ANAND
16th July 2009, 04:03 PM
[tscii:cf8948e8c0]What¡¯s brewing between Gautham Menon and Rahman?

July 15, 2009

Gautham Menon and AR Rahman are very unhappy over rumors that the latter refuses to compose the background score for Vinnaithaandi Varuvaya. A few days earlier, there were reports that Rahman is not satisfied with the pay packet and refused to score the BGM.

Clarifying on this issue, Gautham said that Rahman called him up when such reports surfaced to find out the reason for the rumors. Rahman was also very disturbed that the media persons did not verify their claim before writing.

Gautham said that Rahman had already composed five songs for the VTV of which three have already been filmed. Rahman will work on the BGM once the shooting is done.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/july-09-03/gautham-menon-15-07-09.html[/tscii:cf8948e8c0]

k_vanan
17th July 2009, 11:17 AM
ARR & GVM :2thumbsup:

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14900135

ajaybaskar
17th July 2009, 09:42 PM

It is Omana pennae....

A.ANAND
18th July 2009, 12:14 PM
ARR & GVM :2thumbsup:

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14900135

b.p ippave tarumara eguruthu! :lol: can't waiting 4 the song! :D

A.ANAND
18th July 2009, 12:17 PM
[tscii:90cc65f2f7]After the stupendous success of the film Vaaranam Aayiram starring Surya, Sameera Reddy and others, Gautham Vasudev Menon is currently directing a breezy entertainer titled “Vinnai Thaandi Varuvaayaa” starring Silambarasan and Trisha in the lead.

The film which has been under production has been shot extensively at Chennai, Kerala and Malta. With an urban look to it, the story is set between two young people who fall in love… The film is almost complete with some portions and the climax to be shot. The authenticity and mood of the film is maintained by shooting at some realistic ambience in and around Chennai and some picturesque locations at Allepey, Kerala.

A much awaited musical from the Oscar Award Winning Composer A R Rahman, the film is sure to churn out some magic in its own special way, rendering some unforgettable and soulful numbers in the composer’s style, shot to the creative visuals of Director Gautham. The musical got a shot in the arm when Vinnai Thaandi Varuvaayaa’s music director A R Rahman was nominated for 3 Oscars and bagged two. With five song situations in the film, three songs have been composed already, out of which two songs have been shot extensively in Malta at some virgin locations.

The song “Hosanaa”, sung by Vijay Prakash of “Jai Ho” fame, penned to the lyrics of Thamarai and a rap by Blaze is a sure hit among the young crowd for its peppy beats and stunning visuals shot by Manoj Paramahamsa at Malta corresponding to the stylized choreography by Flexy Stu of Adiye Kolluthey fame.

“Omana Penne” written by Thamarai too and sung by A R Rahman himself, holds a style of its own in the way it has been sung and programmed. This song too has been shot at Malta with choreography done by Flexy Stu and is a sure favorite for all A R Rahman fans!

Manoj Paramahamsa (cinematographer) with his captivating visuals adds to the beauty of the film, with the ambience authenticity envisioned by Rajeevan (art director) and the crisp cutting of Anthony (Editing).

Nalini Sriram adds to the appearance of the film with striking costumes for all the actors in the scenes and songs. The costumes made for the songs are eye catching elements that are hard to be missed by the audience!

The film also has Ganesh, Babu Anthony, Kitty, Uma Padmanabhan and Lakshmi Ramakrishnan playing pivotal roles.

The film is produced by Madan and Ganesh (Escape Artists Motion Pictures) and Kumar and Jayaraman (R.S.Infotainment) .

The film is slated for release during the second week of November 2009.

The above information is sent by the Film's PRO Nikil.. As the movie is slated for a november release, we can expect the songs by October.

Posted in Orkut

[/tscii:90cc65f2f7]

A.ANAND
18th July 2009, 12:33 PM

It is Omana pennae....

omana kutty! :D

Benny Lava
18th July 2009, 09:00 PM
October!! :cry3:

SoftSword
19th July 2009, 11:50 AM
Summaa varuvaalaa sugumaari!!

wait pannuvom... evlavo pannittom... idha panna maattomaa...

A.ANAND
22nd July 2009, 10:13 AM
most no.1 awaited album innu sonna 'VTV'album than!
because combination of arr and gautham!tfm romba rombaaaaaa avala ethirpaakum album!

lot of arr female fans harris kitta shift aagi romba nalachu!hope thalaivar intha film moolama meendum girls than pakkam vara vekkanum! :D

Thalafanz
22nd July 2009, 11:30 AM
because combination of arr and gautham!tfm romba rombaaaaaa avala ethirpaakum album!

lot of arr female fans harris kitta shift aagi romba nalachu!hope thalaivar intha film moolama meendum girls than pakkam vara vekkanum! :D

:roll: Ithu enna puthu kathai-A irukku...

SoftSword
22nd July 2009, 12:19 PM
adhaanae....
enga irundhu survey eduttheenga....

A.ANAND
22nd July 2009, 12:20 PM

naan paattavaraikum ithan unmai! :(

SoftSword
22nd July 2009, 01:02 PM

neenga yaen harris hj music rasikkira ponnungalayae paakkureenga...
arr rasikkira fans'a pakka vaendiyadhu dhaanae.... :)

jaaze
22nd July 2009, 01:24 PM
the cast of Simbu - Trisha + Goutham would be more than sufficient to woo the female crowd and make them sway to ARR's tunes :D

A.ANAND
22nd July 2009, 02:39 PM
the cast of Simbu - Trisha + Goutham would be more than sufficient to woo the female crowd and make them sway to ARR's tunes :D

mottathila arr-kku female fans-se illaya?? :roll:

A.ANAND
22nd July 2009, 02:41 PM

neenga yaen harris hj music rasikkira ponnungalayae paakkureenga...
arr rasikkira fans'a pakka vaendiyadhu dhaanae.... :)

super 'sarakku'ellam hj fan-sa irukangale sare! :lol:

SoftSword
22nd July 2009, 03:34 PM
ellaarayum kadatthittu vandhu oru hall'la adachu, thalaivar paatta kaekka vainga...
apodhaan thappa realize pannuvaanga :)

ulagam ungala buddhar'nu sollum....

k_vanan
22nd July 2009, 03:49 PM
ellaarayum kadatthittu vandhu oru hall'la adachu, thalaivar paatta kaekka vainga...

anyway what anand tell is truth but only long lasting for few month. If ARR give melodies athu adutha thalaimurai varaikum eppo kettalam freshthan irukum.

IMO no melodies can replace ARR's Munbe Vaa in last 2 year (girls & boys manusula :thumbsup: ).

A.ANAND
22nd July 2009, 05:44 PM

anyway what anand tell is truth but only long lasting for few month. If ARR give melodies athu adutha thalaimurai varaikum eppo kettalam freshthan irukum.

IMO no melodies can replace ARR's Munbe Vaa in last 2 year (girls & boys manusula :thumbsup: ).

yes!200% agree! :D 'varanam aayiram'songs moolama 'oru adi'adichitaru HJ!atha accept panniye aaganum!but namma thalavarukku 'varanam aayiram'ellam 'jujubi mathiri! :poke:

1 munbeva,1 new york nagaram,1 snegithane,1endrenrum punnagai,1 yaakai tiri settu vechi oru album vantha,HJ-BJ ellam gaali! :lol:

SoftSword
22nd July 2009, 06:57 PM

yes!200% agree! :D 'varanam aayiram'songs moolama 'oru adi'adichitaru HJ!atha accept panniye aaganum!but namma thalavarukku 'varanam aayiram'ellam 'jujubi mathiri! :poke:

1 munbeva,1 new york nagaram,1 snegithane,1endrenrum punnagai,1 yaakai tiri settu vechi oru album vantha,HJ-BJ ellam gaali! :lol:

wat do u mean??? :lol:

A.ANAND
23rd July 2009, 05:54 AM
[tscii:7a237319bc]Gautham Menon patches with Harris Jeyaraj?

July 22, 2009

Director Gautham Menon’s Vinnai Thaandi Varuvaya is creating a huge expectation among the fans. With Silambarasan and Trisha starring in the film, the expectation just soared higher.

AR Rahman has scored the music for VTV and all the songs are said to have come out well. The director also has plans to sign up Rahman for his next venture. Does that mean he would never consider working with his close pal Harris Jeyaraj again? In a recent interview to a magazine, Gautham said that the decision was made by Harris. Could it mean that this successful duo will patch up at some stage?

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/july-09-04/gautham-menon-22-07-09.html
[/tscii:7a237319bc]

Thalafanz
23rd July 2009, 06:22 AM
Gautham Menon patches with Harris Jeyaraj?

Ivangga rendu pErum patch pannA enna, pannAtti enna... :P
It's not like TFI losing a MR-ARR combo... :)

A.ANAND
23rd July 2009, 07:47 AM
Gautham Menon patches with Harris Jeyaraj?

Ivangga rendu pErum patch pannA enna, pannAtti enna... :P
It's not like TFI losing a MR-ARR combo... :)

neenga sollarathum sarithan! :D

A.ANAND
31st July 2009, 05:38 AM
[tscii:9c9f1902e9]Gautham is over the sky!
Manigandan KR, TNN 31 July 2009, 12:08am IST
Print Email Discuss Bookmark/Share Save Comment Text Size: |

Minnale, his first movie, made heads turn. Kaakha Kaakha, his next, made people sit up and take note. All Set to impress again: Gautham Menon

From then on till Vaaranam Aayiram, Gautham Vasudev Menon has managed to churn out entertainer after entertainer with one thing in common — his magical touch. A touch that is evident in his next film Vinnaithandi Varuvaaya (VV), which is to hit screens in November.
And if one is to go by a couple of songs that he has picturised, Gautham is well on his way to delivering another hit. Says Gautham, “VV is a feel good, bring-a-smile-to-your-face sort of a love story. If the audience wants to listen to some good songs, watch some really nice visuals and experience some great chemistry between the lead pair, then they’ll like the film.”

Needless to say, the movie, starring Simbu and Trisha, has already triggered huge expectations. But expectations and the pressures they bring along have never managed to curtail Gautham’s willingness to experiment. The man, while shooting VV by day, has also been busy shooting another film at night.

“I’m also making an all night film with no music and background score. The film, with Sameera Reddy and newcomers, has not been titled yet. It’s much smaller in terms of budget when compared to VV, the budget of which is around 15 crores,” he says.

Adds Gautham, “I’ve enjoyed working on this project because I had two really good actors in Simbu and Trisha. Every time I said ‘start camera’, Trisha used to come alive. Simbu has been a revelation. I’ve seen Manmadhan and Vallavan and I know what he conforms to, but this is a complete change for him.”

But draw his attention to rumours that he wasn’t happy with Simbu initially and that the star had to do a separate photo shoot to convince him and he dismisses them with nonchalance. “It’s just like the other rumours, such as the one that I’m going out with Sameera Reddy. There’s absolutely no truth in such rumours. Actually, all the apprehensions were before we started the shoot, because when we went to the producers’ council for something else, someone there said, ‘Oh! You’re making a film with Simbu? He won’t come on time. For the first ten days, he’ll be there and then you’ll be waiting for him for the next six months. We finished this film in 60 days!

“What’s more, in Malta, we had early morning shoots. If I told Simbu to be there at 6.00 am, he would be there at 5.45 am. Normally, Simbu works during the night and sleeps through the day. But for me, he changed that around. And he’s such a good dancer, that he required no rehearsals,” explains Gautham. He goes on to add, “Just as I look forward to working again with Kamal sir and Suriya, I look forward to working with Simbu as well.”

The music for the film has been composed by A R Rahman. Observes the director, “You feel humbled when you walk in and out of Rahman’s studio. Rahman’s never uttered a bad word about anybody in the industry. There was great sync between us right from the word go. All the while, I knew that Ashutosh Gowarikar was waiting outside, as was Abbas Tyrewala. On one occasion, when I walked out of Rahman’s studio, Abbas was waiting for almost four hours. I felt really bad. Many of the inputs to Thamarai were from Rahman. I thought he wouldn’t interact and he’d let me handle it. But, he sat there and gave her suggestions when it came to choosing words. On the whole, it was a great experience working with him.”

Gautham has his hands full. The ace director gives details of his other projects, before deciding to sign off.
“I’m doing a Mahesh Babu film in December. It’s a big one, which is being produced by them. I’m also looking to do a Hindi film in June. And apart from these, I’m also doing the Telugu remake of VV straightaway.”

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/4837651.cms
[/tscii:9c9f1902e9]

littlemaster1982
13th August 2009, 03:25 PM
Audio Launch on Sep 2 :victory:

SoftSword
13th August 2009, 03:36 PM

unga vaaila sakkaraikattiya poda....
how are u so sure?

littlemaster1982
13th August 2009, 03:39 PM
Saw in ARR community. This is more or less confirmed. Anyway, let's see :)

ArulprakasH
13th August 2009, 03:42 PM

:happydance:

Appu s
13th August 2009, 03:55 PM
Saw in ARR community. This is more or less confirmed. Anyway, let's see :)

Simbu confirm pannirukkar pola :D

:boo:

littlemaster1982
13th August 2009, 04:01 PM
That's what they say. Simbhu-vai nambalaama :roll:

Appu s
13th August 2009, 04:13 PM
That's what they say. Simbhu-vai nambalaama :roll:

Nambuvom master :D , 2 releases in sep :bluejump:

A.ANAND
13th August 2009, 06:28 PM
puli also on sep.2! :clap:

Appu s
13th August 2009, 06:47 PM

:clap: :clap:

SoftSword
13th August 2009, 07:15 PM

no please....
i want ample time to enjoy one album... give atleast one month gap between albums...

last time such thing happd was during JTYJN & ADA

A.ANAND
13th August 2009, 07:22 PM

no please....
i want ample time to enjoy one album... give atleast one month gap between albums...

last time such thing happd was during JTYJN & ADA

don't worry!official-la innum mudivagala sir!

Yathu
14th August 2009, 05:05 AM
:yes: Good days ahead! :D

A.ANAND
14th August 2009, 07:41 AM
[tscii:1c7b7dbd8c]Gautham Menon’s Azhagiya Kuyile

August 10, 2009

Gautham Menon’s Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya with Silambarasan and Trisha as the lead pair has raked up enough attention already. With this film still in the making, it is being rumored that the ace director has already decided on his next project.

A buzz from Kollywood is that Gautham is keen on directing a film titled Azhagiya Kuyile, which he had penned when he was 19 years old. Sources say that Azhagiya Kuyile could be based on some of the real life incidents but this claim has not been substantiated yet.

[/tscii:1c7b7dbd8c]

dinesh2002
26th August 2009, 09:40 PM
any news on the audio?

A.ANAND
27th August 2009, 07:26 AM
any news on the audio?

may be 1st week of october!

jaaze
27th August 2009, 07:26 AM
any news on the audio?

may be 1st week of october!muthalla september nu sonnaanga :? :(

littlemaster1982
27th August 2009, 07:41 AM
Seems like September end or October 1st week. Simbhu kavuthuttaan :evil:

jaaze
27th August 2009, 08:26 AM
Seems like September end or October 1st week. Simbhu kavuthuttaan :evil::rotfl: I read it as

Simbhu kettavan thaan :evil:

A.ANAND
27th August 2009, 08:34 AM
expecting another 'sillenu oru kathal' :D

hope rahman fans -ku mattum illama,ella makkallukum pidikira mathiri irukanun songs! :D

jaaze
27th August 2009, 08:35 AM

hope rahman fans -ku mattum illama,ella makkallukum pidikira mathiri irukanun songs! :Dsongs appadi iruntha :D
really hope the film is not like that though :|

A.ANAND
27th August 2009, 08:47 AM

hope rahman fans -ku mattum illama,ella makkallukum pidikira mathiri irukanun songs! :Dsongs appadi iruntha :D
really hope the film is not like that though :|

film appadi iruka vaipila innu nenakiren! :roll:

jaaze
27th August 2009, 08:49 AM
film appadi iruka vaipila innu nenakiren! :roll:yeah.. have faith in goutham.. let's see

dinesh2002
27th August 2009, 09:30 AM
guys, but when i asked in ARRYG, a guy said audio only in November. :(

Gautham was very very excited about ARR after watching SOK. Im sure he was very impressed with the BGMs. And thus he also took the challenged to make a better 'SOK', thus Vaaranam Aayiram came about. I feel Vaaranam Aayiram was very very 'SoK'ish.... :D

whats so bad about SOK ? :? i loved the movie... though the story is very predictable, but the screenplay and direction was very good. I felt like watching a professional director's movie, not at all like a newbie's movie. :)

Benny Lava
27th August 2009, 10:14 AM
Dinesh... idhellam romba overu... Gautham SOK paathuttu thaan ARR pathi excite aaganuma :lol2:

SOK might still be a good movie.. I dont know.. I haven't watched it :oops:

dinesh2002
27th August 2009, 11:07 AM
Dinesh... idhellam romba overu... Gautham SOK paathuttu thaan ARR pathi excite aaganuma :lol2:

SOK might still be a good movie.. I dont know.. I haven't watched it :oops:

Benny, during his Minnale-Kaake Kaake time, he was invited to galatta chat room, and one of the user asked when is he going to work with ARR, he said he dun see the necessity of working with ARR. He say if the time comes, he will.

I made that assumption because Gautham was one of the 1st to see SOK movie, personally with Krishna, the dir of SOK. He must have loved how ARR emoted the movie with his BGMs (no doubt the life of SOK was ARR's bgms). Athan. Im sure he was spellbound by the BGMs, and took it a serious matter to work with ARR. And thus they r now working together.

There must be a reason for him to take ARR all of the sudden. And im pretty sure its SOK. :)

Benny Lava
27th August 2009, 11:27 AM
hmm.. padatha paathuttu pesuren :D

A.ANAND
27th August 2009, 11:47 AM

padam release acha? :lol:

jaaze
27th August 2009, 11:57 AM

padam release acha? :lol: :lol: he's referring to SOK..

or are u teasing him on watching the movie so late :?

dinesh2002
27th August 2009, 12:02 PM

padam release acha? :lol: :lol: he's referring to SOK..

or are u teasing him on watching the movie so late :?

Anand sir, athigamana kusumbe ungalakke :lol:

Benny Lava
27th August 2009, 12:04 PM
enadhu! SOK release aayiducha!!!

A.ANAND
27th August 2009, 12:25 PM
engga amma, intha[SOK] padatha pattu oru comment pannangga 'suriya nadicha padathileye mattamana padam'innu! :lol:

dinesh2002
27th August 2009, 12:28 PM
engga amma, intha[SOK] padatha pattu oru comment pannangga 'suriya nadicha padathileye mattamana padam'innu! :lol:

y???? :shock: its very mild and soft story. thats y many people didnt like it. but it was nice. its like sitting and watching a normal man's life story. :)

A.ANAND
27th August 2009, 12:32 PM
taste kanna taste-tu! :lol:

SoftSword
27th August 2009, 01:02 PM
i love SOK movie, and everytime i watch it i thoroughly enjoy...
and even my mom likes it...

and ya anand... taste differs... not everyone should necessarily like a movie...

and reg Goutham ARR connection, i guess gowtham first went to ARR for minnalae and from there it went to HJ.

dinesh2002
27th August 2009, 01:40 PM
i love SOK movie, and everytime i watch it i thoroughly enjoy...
and even my mom likes it...

and ya anand... taste differs... not everyone should necessarily like a movie...

and reg Goutham ARR connection, i guess gowtham first went to ARR for minnalae and from there it went to HJ.

glad to find some1 who loved the movie too ...

yes SS, Gautham went to ARR at 1st, but then if he was really keen to work with ARR, he wouldnt have said such during the chat isnt it. His answer was kinda harsh. Probably he was offended that ARR declined his offer.

But nevertheless, its great to see them working now. I just cant wait for the audio. Hoping to see many love numbers in it!... im expecting an album like "Kandukoindain Kandukoindain" here. :)

jaaze
27th August 2009, 01:44 PM
Any chance of COM seeing its light?
GM told in an interview that they have put COM on hold as he feels that the young actors need some time to mature, and he will concentrate on VV for now. :?

ajaybaskar
27th August 2009, 01:45 PM
More interesting news.. Majnu was first offered to ARR, which he declined because of the assignments he had in hand. So HJ was roped in for the movie. It was his first film. However, due to the delay in production, Minnalae and 12B were released much before..

jaaze
27th August 2009, 01:49 PM
HJ had said Minnale commenced before Alaipayuthe release, hence he was composing music for a totally new face. :)

SoftSword
27th August 2009, 02:06 PM
no ways i guess... maddy was introduced by mani first...

and ajay...
whenever i listen to majnu, i remember alaipayuthey, pachainiramae-gulmuhar malarae connection maybe

ajaybaskar
27th August 2009, 02:08 PM
Thats the problem with Canon... :lol:

Thats y all the xerox shop owners prefer Canon over others...

A.ANAND
27th August 2009, 02:11 PM
reg Goutham ARR connection, i guess gowtham first went to ARR for minnalae and from there it went to HJ.-----softsword

it's true!athan ella interview-la GM sollitare!athan HJ-ikku GM mela semma kaduppu

littlemaster1982
27th August 2009, 02:22 PM
Can we stop these discussions related to HJ?

AudazJay
27th August 2009, 02:23 PM
reg Goutham ARR connection, i guess gowtham first went to ARR for minnalae and from there it went to HJ.-----softsword

it's true!athan ella interview-la GM sollitare!athan HJ-ikku GM mela semma kaduppu

That's where all the problem lies...oruthare indirect-a condemn pannithan innoruthare praise pannuvange...
GM has never spoken a word about wanting to work with ARR during his time with HJ. So why is there a need to bring it up now?

sunnyg
29th August 2009, 11:02 PM
Guys,

I am a big ARR fan. I have listened to HJ-Gautham combos and the music just rocks. To me Varanam Aayiram is one of the best tracks HJ has composed in his career. The music is excellent and definitely compares with any top ARR tamil album in the post 2000s.

ARR is under a lot of pressure to meet the high standards of the HJ-Gautham combo. I am sure he will deliver with panache! Gautham has a ear for good music.

If ARR can deliver with SOK, why cant he do it with VV? I hope he does and makes other top tamil directors to flock to him.

HJ's music in Ayan atleast is very poor compared to his effort in Varanam. Eagerly awaiting the music!

A.ANAND
30th August 2009, 01:57 PM
mr.sunnyg,r u trust with arr talent??it's VA better than arr's alaipayuthey,taal,kandu konden,minsara kanavu,bombay,rytham and ect...???

arr and maniratnam pannatha appdi enna periya high standard HJ and gm pannithangga???

thalaivar-ra ippadi ellam kevalapadutta kudathu!

:evil:

Appu s
30th August 2009, 02:29 PM
//ARR under lot pressure to meet hj-gm combo// nnu padicha udane .. reply panna venamnnu mudivu pannitten :)

A.ANAND
30th August 2009, 03:06 PM
//ARR under lot pressure to meet hj-gm combo// nnu padicha udane .. reply panna venamnnu mudivu pannitten :)

unmaiya ivaru big arr fan-na? :lol:

Yathu
30th August 2009, 03:50 PM
Anand, avar apadi onnum thappa sollalaye...

There is a lot of pressure on ARR (more than usual, especially with the Tamil audience) to deliver with this album. There's no doubting that people will be comparing it to VA and other GM-HJ combo albums. I think we did the same thing when Anniyan was released.

I don't think sunnyg was trying to compare ARR & HJ in any way. It's his opinion that VA is on par with ARR's post-2000 stuff. I don't agree with this ofcourse. :D

ajaybaskar
30th August 2009, 10:04 PM
anand,appu... Let us not create an issue out of this. I think yathu's reply would best fit the bill. Even i dont agree with what sunny said but we shall leave that aside and welcome the new one to join this elate league. Welcome, sunnyg..

jaaze
30th August 2009, 10:07 PM
Can we stop these discussions related to HJ?

sunnyg
31st August 2009, 03:43 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys!

All I am saying is that I am glad, ARR is working with a big and successful Director in the 2000s in tamil cinema other than Shankar and Mani. Balachandar and Bharathi Raja are down and out in the 2000s and the rest of the Directors Rahman has worked with in Tamil do not have a very good track record and are not in the same league.

Gautham's movies are known for good music and we are looking forward to the ARR-Gautham combo which will have its first release!

We have a huge expectation here! Typically ARR has excelled when faced with this situation! He has beaten expectations hands down whenever he has scored music with a big-time MD for the first time. Look at Mani, Bharathi Raja, KB, Shankar, the guy who made New etc. in Tamil and Subhash Ghai, Om Prakash Mehra, Ashutosh etc. in Hindi. His music for these folks are testamants of his prowess.

This is a unique situation in Tamil where a top Director is going to ARR from a MD who came in after him.

I hate to bring up HJ here - for all his limitations, HJ has given his best to Gautham's movies.
Atleast in the last 3-4 years, you can compare VA music with any of ARR's in tamil and it would be on par. I would never dream of saying VA is better than ARR's work.

If ARR can give soulful music for a newbie who directed Surya's SOK, he will definitely go one up for Gautham.

I want ARR to work with the current crop of successful tamil Directors like Selvaraghavan, Aamir, Vishnuvardhan etc. and not waste his efforts scoring music for Thanu's or any other producer's son.

MADDY
31st August 2009, 08:41 AM
Atleast in the last 3-4 years, you can compare VA music with any of ARR's in tamil and it would be on par. I would never dream of saying VA is better than ARR's work.

Sivaji >>> VA in terms of sheer variety, experimentations.....and if u add the expectation angle to sivaji then its a remakable achievement but not for ARR though :) ......

I want ARR to work with the current crop of successful tamil Directors like Selvaraghavan, Aamir, Vishnuvardhan etc. and not waste his efforts scoring music for Thanu's or any other producer's son.

Vishnuvardhan - dabba gaali - rejjetted.....first 2 guys sonnele - adhu vaasthavam.......

Appu s
31st August 2009, 10:56 AM
anand,appu... Let us not create an issue out of this. I think yathu's reply would best fit the bill. Even i dont agree with what sunny said but we shall leave that aside and welcome the new one to join this elate league. Welcome, sunnyg..

ok ok... :) welcome sunnyg

dinesh2002
31st August 2009, 08:26 PM
[tscii:6b84b5da1c]Silambarasan will make you weep!
IndiaGlitz [Monday, August 31, 2009]

Shooting of the romantically titled film 'Vinnaithandi Varuvaya' staring Silambarasan and Trisha is almost over. It’s said that Silambarasan will be enacting the role of an assistant director in this romantic entertainer. We would like to spill the beans about the movie’s script now!

Sources close to the director Goutham Menon has revealed that the script of ‘Vinnaithandi Varuvaya' has shades from a famous novel ‘Karaindha Nizhalgal’ by well-known modern literature writer Ashokamithran. The short novel depicts the life-style and suffering of people in the cine industry. It not only talks about the few people who have tasted the success in film, but many other technicians and co-actors’ pathetic lifestyle. This novel talks about many characters and Goutham Menon has pick one such character for 'Vinnaithandi Varuvaya', that is of an assistant director.

It’s also said that the director has blended a touching love story with the original character and has come up with a soft character for Silambarasan. According to the script Silambarasan faces many shameful moments and the insults he faces will make people weep for him. This film has a bright chance of pulling down the bad-boy image of Silambarasan!

Hmmm… Now that’s something moving!

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/49518.html[/tscii:6b84b5da1c]

Ramakrishna
10th September 2009, 10:36 PM
OFFICIAL TRACK LIST OF VTV
1>Hosaana ---- Vijay Prakash

2>Omana Penne ---- A.R.Rahman

3>Paravai Polla ---- Udit Narayan, Sadhana Sargam

4>Vinaiyil Vantha Kanavu ---- Sadhana Sargam, Indu, Andrea

5>Vinnai Thandi Varuvaaya ---- A.R.Rahman, Rehaina, Blaaze, Sadhana Sargam

ONLY 5 SONGS, ITZ OFFICIAL BROZ ..BUT I HAVE NO LINK ,BUT ITZ FROM BOSS'S STUDIO

dinesh2002
10th September 2009, 10:55 PM
OFFICIAL TRACK LIST OF VTV
1>Hosaana ---- Vijay Prakash

2>Omana Penne ---- A.R.Rahman

3>Paravai Polla ---- Udit Narayan, Sadhana Sargam

4>Vinaiyil Vantha Kanavu ---- Sadhana Sargam, Indu, Andrea

5>Vinnai Thandi Varuvaaya ---- A.R.Rahman, Rehaina, Blaaze, Sadhana Sargam

ONLY 5 SONGS, ITZ OFFICIAL BROZ ..BUT I HAVE NO LINK ,BUT ITZ FROM BOSS'S STUDIO

Sadhana Sargam 3 songs??? :?

I just hope its Madhushree who sang these songs... just a small hope the person got it wrong between Sadhana and Madhushree :ashamed:

Dragun
11th September 2009, 05:07 AM
Please, no more Udit or Madhushree in Tamil!

dinesh2002
11th September 2009, 06:34 AM

agree with on Udit but not Madhushree :evil: :evil: :evil:

jaaze
11th September 2009, 06:46 AM
The list sounds like fake..

dinesh2002
11th September 2009, 07:36 AM

true... lets see... movie is to release in November i guess... so audio should be out next month... nowdays only 1 Tamil album per year from ARR huh.... :?

NOV
11th September 2009, 07:42 AM

agree with you on Madhushree but not Udit :evil: :evil: :evil:

dinesh2002
11th September 2009, 08:03 AM

agree with you on Madhushree but not Udit :evil: :evil: :evil:

NOV :twisted:

Udit has the worse diction :twisted:

NOV
11th September 2009, 08:09 AM
not worse than madhusree.... but his songs are such a joy to listen... :redjump:
many ordinary songs become extraordinary by his singing style :clap:

AudazJay
11th September 2009, 08:53 AM

:exactly: You spoke my mind, bro! Udit and Madhushree are one of the few who hv never taken the effort to improve their pronunciation despite having the opportunity to sing in a high number of Tamil songs.

In that sense Sadhana Sargam, Sonu Nigam and Shreya Ghosal should be praised for their constant effort to improve their singing style as well as their Tamil diction...

AravindMano
11th September 2009, 09:31 AM

:exactly: You spoke my mind, bro! Udit and Madhushree are one of the few who hv never taken the effort to improve their pronunciation despite having the opportunity to sing in a high number of Tamil songs.

In that sense Sadhana Sargam, Sonu Nigam and Shreya Ghosal should be praised for their constant effort to improve their singing style as well as their Tamil diction...

:exactly: 100% agree.

MADDY
11th September 2009, 09:46 AM
i personally love both Madhushree and Udit singing in rahman songs :D ......if at all, blaaze is the one who should be changed first - very repetitive stuff.....

Dragun
11th September 2009, 10:11 AM

Sadhana Sargam and Shreya Ghoshal really shine in ARR's songs in Tamil. With other MDs she's hit or miss. Sonu Nigam is very good too. I was really surprised to learn that he sung Varayo Thozhi from Jeans. I wouldn't have suspected that he didn't know the language.

Using singers with poor pronunciation in awesome compositions is like spending a lot of time cooking with expired ingredients! I can understand why South Indian MDs use Udit, since he has a unique voice, but Madhushree's voice is not worth the awful pronunciation.

ajaybaskar
11th September 2009, 10:27 AM
Buzz is that ARR himself is appearing on screen for the track Vinnai Thaandi Varuvaaya..

A.ANAND
11th September 2009, 11:10 AM

appadithan enakum thonuthu :roll: udit and madhusri list-la irukangala??ithu pothum,ellam paala pochu! :lol:

AudazJay
11th September 2009, 11:55 AM

appadithan enakum thonuthu :roll: udit and madhusri list-la irukangala??ithu pothum,ellam paala pochu! :lol:

SoftSword
11th September 2009, 11:55 AM
Buzz is that ARR himself is appearing on screen for the track Vinnai Thaandi Varuvaaya..

edhukku idhellam...
am afraid if his face becomes repetitive and boring jus like the bachans and khans... :(

dinesh2002
11th September 2009, 12:01 PM
not worse than madhusree.... but his songs are such a joy to listen... :redjump:
many ordinary songs become extraordinary by his singing style :clap:

:notthatway: His rendition in Yengeyo Partha Mayakam is horrible... Manadhai became maNOthai... :lol:

Sadhana Sargam also improved her Tamil diction lately only. She still has issue in understanding Tamil itseems (atleast thats what she always say in all the shows, that she dun know a word in Tamil still) - Even after close to 13 years and a few hundred songs in Tamil :?.

Udit has his good and bad songs. Sahana was extraordinaire... flawless... Madhushree had her bad songs as well, Sandhai Kozhi would be by far her worse song....

But Madhushree has taken Tamil classes to upgrade her Tamil diction. I think her Siragugal - Sarvam was very very good, ignoring just a few words.

Shreya on the other hand catch up very fast. This is what i really like in her. All her Tamil songs are flawless, ignoring her first few songs in Tamil. Now she is perfect. Though i did found her Vinmegham in Guru her diction sounded very stiff. Munbe Va was very good.

Sonu Nigam no doubt did a very good job ever since the start. Be it his Varayo Tozhi - Jeans, Poove Punnagai Kaate - Parthen Rasithen or VIzhiyil - Kiredom. :)

One thing that Madhushree has that other female singers nowdays doesnt have is the emotion she gives in the songs. I dare to say no 1 can emote a song as well as she does. Period.

Why the M.directors still asign her is because of this. Try to thoroughly listen to her songs (ignoring the love u have to find fault in her diction), be it Tamil, Hindi or Telugu or even Kannada, she gives 100% emotion in every words. :)

A.ANAND
11th September 2009, 12:04 PM

edhukku idhellam...
am afraid if his face becomes repetitive and boring jus like the bachans and khans... :(

:rotfl:

ajaybaskar
11th September 2009, 12:23 PM
Kavalaipadatheenga SS, Ethana thadavai paarthaalum alukkadha mugangal indiavula rendu... Onnu Sachin.. Innonnu Thalaivar..

A.ANAND
11th September 2009, 12:28 PM
why thalaivar again n again bring back intha north indian singer 2 tfm innu theriyala!ivangga tamil ucharippala-than all time ketta peru thalavaru-ikku!

jaaze
11th September 2009, 12:44 PM
He had abstained from using Udit for a very long time until Sivaji. And I am very sure of the reason of his return then.

A.ANAND
11th September 2009, 12:47 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinnai_Thaandi_Varuvaaya

jaaze
11th September 2009, 12:49 PM
ivangale fill up pannirupaangalo :?

anway, let's wait and see :)

A.ANAND
11th September 2009, 01:10 PM
ivangale fill up pannirupaangalo :?

anway, let's wait and see :)

track-la irukira singer name list paatale mood out aachu! :x

udit,sathana,m.sri,blaaze! :fatigue:

jaaze
11th September 2009, 01:12 PM
:notthatway: nothing permenant in life!

Dragun
11th September 2009, 01:23 PM
Udit has his good and bad songs. Sahana was extraordinaire... flawless... Madhushree had her bad songs as well, Sandhai Kozhi would be by far her worse song....

Mayilirage was her worst song IMO.

Sahana extraordinary? He struggles through the song, and once he pronounces "aandugal" as "ayndugal" :roll:

A.ANAND
11th September 2009, 01:25 PM
:notthatway: nothing permenant in life!

ennake alva-va! :lol:

music man
11th September 2009, 02:11 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinnai_Thaandi_Varuvaaya

Lets hope the songs are good and its interesting to see Wikipedia mentioning that our ARR is appearing in the climax song "Vinnai Thaandi Varuvaayaa"...
Also what about this guys!!!???

"New comer Navin is composing the background score on the recommendation of A R Rahman. He is a student of KMC Music Conservatory"..

We welcome Navin but ARR's absence in BGM is disappointing.. :cry3: :confused2: :cry2: :huh: :cry:

Yathu
11th September 2009, 02:14 PM
Sadhana singing two songs? I'm happy. Sadhana needs some songs too. Madhushree has hijacked all of her market. Afterall, Sadhana did come first & she's also the sugar-free option.

AudazJay
11th September 2009, 02:24 PM
Sadhana singing two songs? I'm happy. Sadhana needs some songs too. Madhushree has hijacked all of her market. Afterall, Sadhana did come first & she's also the sugar-free option.

:confused2: Inge yaaruku diabetes iruku?

A.ANAND
11th September 2009, 02:25 PM
tamil-la kola pannama irunthale kodi punniyam. :notworthy:

Yathu
11th September 2009, 02:40 PM

Sugar levels maintain panrathu ellarukum than nallathu. Health advice kudutha ethuka maatingaley. :roll:

AudazJay
11th September 2009, 02:56 PM

Sugar levels maintain panrathu ellarukum than nallathu. Health advice kudutha ethuka maatingaley. :roll:

Ningge sonna athu sariyathan irukum Doctor :lol:

dinesh2002
11th September 2009, 04:35 PM

Madhushree never did hijacked Sadhana's market. Sadhana has a very steady market compared to Madhushree. Atleast every album has 1 number sung by Sadhana. No worries 8-)

Sugar-free ah?? :P Yenna yah vere mathiri poringe :lol:

Guys, i dun think that tracklist is true. If its true, it should be out in arrahman.com 1st, compared to wiki! Wiki is editable by ANYONE!

Yathu
11th September 2009, 06:28 PM

Madhushree never did hijacked Sadhana's market. Sadhana has a very steady market compared to Madhushree. Atleast every album has 1 number sung by Sadhana. No worries 8-)

Dinesh, don't you think with the rise Madhushree that Sadhana has definitely lost some of her market? They have very very similar voices!

Maybe I've got it wrong and Sadhana's was just on a break...

dinesh2002
11th September 2009, 06:49 PM

Dinesh, don't you think with the rise Madhushree that Sadhana has definitely lost some of her market? They have very very similar voices!

Maybe I've got it wrong and Sadhana's was just on a break...

Its true they have similar voices. But Madhushree is more on the sharper tone, Sadhana on the thicker tone. Thats how we can differentiate their voices/songs, and ofcource, tru their Tamil diction :lol:

I dun think Sadhana was on break :D, most the albums Madhushree sang a song, Sadhana too will have a number in that movie. :)

But im surprised to see ARRahman use Sadhana for 3 songs in a film. :shock: The singers list seems dull :P

A.ANAND
11th September 2009, 06:52 PM
athu ennavo fake list mathiri theriyuthu!konjam wait panni paapom! :D

baba88
12th September 2009, 01:37 AM
this is the real tracklist. confirmed

Mahen
12th September 2009, 08:37 AM
i personally love both Madhushree and Udit singing in rahman songs :D ......if at all, blaaze is the one who should be changed first - very repetitive stuff.....

Disagree..Rap itself is repetitive, so why blame Blaaze? :) How creative can a rapper be? :roll: Ellam rap/hip hop onnuthan..just like listening to Hj's music :lol:

dinesh2002
12th September 2009, 05:10 PM

Disagree..Rap itself is repetitive, so why blame Blaaze? :) How creative can a rapper be? :roll: Ellam rap/hip hop onnuthan..just like listening to Hj's music :lol:

Guess what he meant we need OTHER rappers in ARR's camp as well. ARR is using Blaaze for ALL the raps he does. He should opt for others sometime. I personally prefer Ember Rap.... better voice and sounds more cool.. 8-)

A.ANAND
12th September 2009, 07:55 PM
yes!blaaze rap kettu kettu salichi pochu!as dinesh mention,embar sound is better than blazee!

Yathu
12th September 2009, 08:04 PM
Yeah, I really don't know why ARR persists with Blaze. There are so many other rappers he could use! I'm not saying give up using Blaze altogether, just give someone else a chance.

Also, ARR isn't doing Blaze any favours by using him again & again. People are going to get sick of him.

Thalafanz
12th September 2009, 08:14 PM
Speaking of rap and all, where is Suresh Peter??? People have almost forgotten him... :(

jaaze
12th September 2009, 11:21 PM
Suresh Peters doesn't wish to sing/rap right now I guess.. Style song he did it just out of respect for ARR :?

baba88
14th September 2009, 12:37 AM
I think if you add blazee to Hosana then we have the original tracklist.
Not quite sure about the release on October 2nd.

ajaybaskar
14th September 2009, 06:28 PM
[tscii:f14382bf5c]Does Goutham miss working with Harris since he’s scored so many musical hits with him?

“We still share a good equation. Harris was upset when I signed Rahman, but a director has to work with different people to keep his creativity alive. It’s not like Harris only works with me. If something comes up, I may work with him,” he says.

Is Rahman affordable for film-makers like him after the Oscars?

“He’s doing the film for the same fee we agreed on before he won the Oscars. Even if he charges a particular number, he deserves it.”

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/news-interviews/I-dont-treat-Naga-Chaitanya-like-a-star-kid/articleshow/5005397.cms[/tscii:f14382bf5c]

A.ANAND
14th September 2009, 07:39 PM
GM,ARR thedi ponathuthukku ivaru[HJ]yen kova padanum!anniyan kaha shankar HJ thedi pona bothu arr sattaame podalaye!

Thalafanz
14th September 2009, 07:41 PM
GM,ARR thedi ponathuthukku ivaru[HJ]yen kova padanum!anniyan kaha shankar HJ thedi pona bothu arr sattaame podalaye!

நீங்க மருபடியும் மொத இருந்து வரீங்களா??? :lol:

Ramakrishna
14th September 2009, 07:55 PM

kovam varaama pinna? irukkura directors-ey rombo kuraivu, athula best one-ey poitaa

ajaybaskar
14th September 2009, 07:58 PM

Idhu enna padam dialoguenu kandupidinga...

இதுதான் பெரிய மனுஷனுக்கும் சல்லிப்பயலுக்கும் உள்ள வித்தியாசம்..

(Sathiyama indha quizkum neenga sonnadhukkum endha sambhandhamum illai)

dinesh2002
14th September 2009, 08:22 PM
[tscii:a928a7c66b]Does Goutham miss working with Harris since he’s scored so many musical hits with him?

“We still share a good equation. Harris was upset when I signed Rahman, but a director has to work with different people to keep his creativity alive. It’s not like Harris only works with me. If something comes up, I may work with him,” he says.

Is Rahman affordable for film-makers like him after the Oscars?

“He’s doing the film for the same fee we agreed on before he won the Oscars. Even if he charges a particular number, he deserves it.”

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/news-interviews/I-dont-treat-Naga-Chaitanya-like-a-star-kid/articleshow/5005397.cms[/tscii:a928a7c66b]

Yeah, i always suspected this. Unprofessional man!

dinesh2002
14th September 2009, 08:26 PM

vere onne illai Anand, HJ is childish. He expect People to be with him always. Cant wait for VTV audio to release and see harris's reaction :lol: :twisted:

dinesh2002
14th September 2009, 10:16 PM
some shooting pics of VTV in Goa :

http://www.images.behindwoods.com/photo-galleries-q1-09/tamil-photo-gallery/silambarasan/index.html

Yathu
14th September 2009, 10:35 PM
some shooting pics of VTV in Goa :

http://www.images.behindwoods.com/photo-galleries-q1-09/tamil-photo-gallery/silambarasan/index.html

What's K S Ravikumar doing on set?!

baba88
14th September 2009, 11:40 PM
KS Ravikumar is just an actor of the movie.

Thalafanz
15th September 2009, 06:47 AM

vere onne illai Anand, HJ is childish. He expect People to be with him always. Cant wait for VTV audio to release and see harris's reaction :lol: :twisted:

Ada nIngga vEra, "I'm sure GM + ARR combo will Rock" appadinnu avar sonnathA enggEyO padicchEnE... :P