PDA

View Full Version : Questions and clarifications about IR related works

ananth222
31st January 2009, 02:10 AM
I think its better to have a separate thread to post questions and answers about IR works, so that other focused threads are not diverted. Please use this for questions such as "what movie was this song from?", "who sang this song?", "was this movie done by IR?" etc.

Let me post the first question: there are two versions of "das das chinnapa das", one in Kadalora kavithaigal (1986) and one in Jalli kattu (1987) - any relation? is it a similar situation? please give any information about these two instances

app_engine
31st January 2009, 03:32 AM
I think the only 'relation' is Sathyaraj:-)

I'm not sure whether kadalOrakkavidhaigaL's das das was even in the cassette when released (supposedly composed by IR when doing the BGM).

Either that was the motivation behind remaking it so that it can be played outside the movie halls or the commercial mind of the director of Jallikkattu to use the popularity of muttam chinnappadas or the insistence of Sathyaraj to use one of his old songs to build up a hero image.

The female version of the song was a typical 80's style disco dance with atrocious sets while the KK one was a classic BG score.

crvenky
31st January 2009, 10:37 AM
ananth222,
In Jallikattu, Sathyaraj will do a series of murders as revenge. Each murder will be executed using one of his old get ups, namely Chinnappadas of Kadalora Kavidhaigal, Vidinja Kalyanam & Mudhal Vasantham.
This song sequence is for the 1st murder. As per the character played in KK, Maestro used the same tune from the movie.

raja_fan
31st January 2009, 02:59 PM
The first interlude of Jallikkattu version is simply out of the world. So I rate it higher than KK version.