PDA

View Full Version : MANIKANTAN-BIGGEST EVER ANIMATION FILM 'A RAAJA MUSICAL'

rajasaranam
25th November 2008, 01:33 PM
MANIKANTAN - THE BIGGEST INDIAN ANIMATION FILM EVER WITH THE MUSICAL SCORE OF ILAIYARAAJA

PROMO VIDEOS

Promo Video of the upcoming movie 'Manikantan' Live Recording of A Bhajan composed on lord Iyyappa.
'Mandir Sabari' (http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=E9WjMR8jFSk)

ART behind the making of 'Manikandan': The Short clip takes you through the Evolution of the movie, the state 'Kerala' its culture and its peoples romance with colors and murals. Beautiful short film for which i presume Raaja has given music, since he is associated with the movie completely. Watch HERE (http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=XCzlPfp2Prw)

Behind the scenes: & some beautiful songs being recorded for the movie. In totality this should the first biggest Project, which Raaja is working on. They have different songs for the movie, different songs in MGM, promotional songs, promotional videos and ofcourse the BGM for the movie. The video also explains the animations and characters being used in the movie. This Promo definitely gives us an Idea of What is in store for us. We can proudly say 'Indian Animation Industry has come to Age'. The way the project is shaping up I know its going to go places and reach greater heights and ofcourse Raaja has given his soul for this musical. Listening to songs in bits in this clipping I like these songs more than the Album MGM. Watch HERE (http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=fzP1LWvfLwc)

PROMO TRAILER: Once I saw the Visuals and heard the music 'I shouted...tha Sulthanukku Appu vaikka vanthaaryaa Manikantan' Thats it! Watch HERE (http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=wDQPttnY0fU)

Tamilan
25th November 2008, 02:50 PM
Thank you rajasaranam :notworthy:

MrJudge
25th November 2008, 05:11 PM
They claim 8 different styles of animation in one movie.....don't get it right now....may be after seeing the movie, it will be clear. I liked the background score and the forest shots at the end. 8-)

rajasaranam
25th November 2008, 06:30 PM
Judge,

The Background and the style depicted for each character/scene is different in the making. In this trailer I saw 3 different styles - one for the girl, one for manikantan and one for the dancers.

Manikantan's motion was linear while all the background was blurred.
The dancers/musicians are stable in a place and are animated while, the camera creates a walkthrough kinf of feel. These characters are also based on Mural arts of Kerala.
The girl and her surroundings are based on realtime 2D animation.
I think this will be one of its kind of attempt in the World redefining 'Animation'. :2thumbsup:

irir123
25th November 2008, 07:12 PM
Raaja rocks in the trailer - even the trailer rocks!!

Nerd
25th November 2008, 08:20 PM
With due respects to raja only, sultan-kku Appu??? :rotfl: edhukku thEvai illAdha viLambaram??

rajasaranam
25th November 2008, 08:28 PM
With due respects to raja only, sultan-kku Appu??? :rotfl: edhukku thEvai illAdha viLambaram??

With due respects to SS I feel the animation and quality of 'sultan' Sucks big time :twisted:

Nerd
25th November 2008, 08:35 PM
I think only a teasers been released and its too early to talk about. Ammani pixar/disney-kku equal-A irukkumnu sollirukkAnga :P

You have also invited ARR fans here, looks like.

Vivasaayi
25th November 2008, 08:37 PM
animation quality is another issue!but creativity is important in animation.but sakkarakatti,kuselan dolphn :roll:

rajasaranam
25th November 2008, 08:40 PM
You have also invited ARR fans here, looks like.

he he he... Ithellam sollithaan theriyanuma :P

Nerd
25th November 2008, 08:42 PM
animation quality is another issue!but creativity is important in animation.but sakkarakatti,kuselan dolphn :roll:
Director sonnatha ivinga (her company, not HER) senjaainga. Quality worsht-nu sollunga, othukkuROm :P

Vivasaayi
25th November 2008, 08:45 PM
i always have felt that soundarya has did what she wished as vasu or kalaprabhu would have nodded for her ideas. :lol:

rajasaranam
25th November 2008, 08:48 PM

Athuvum Avanga Pannathuthaana :o

Vivasaayi
25th November 2008, 08:49 PM

Athuvum Avanga Pannathuthaana :o

edhuvum?...

villan007
25th November 2008, 08:50 PM
i always have felt that soundarya has did what she wished as vasu or kalaprabhu would have nodded for her ideas. :lol:

Vasu and creativity ? :shock: :lol2:

Nerd
25th November 2008, 08:53 PM
kalaprabhu othakkAlla ninnu kastappattu pAttu vAngi nErA ocher-la pOyi kuduthutrArA?? NallAvE irukku unga logic. :lol2:

Anban
26th November 2008, 01:30 AM
PROMO TRAILER: Once I saw the Visuals and heard the music 'I shouted...tha Sulthanukku Appu vaikka vanthaaryaa Manikantan' Thats it! Watch HERE (http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=wDQPttnY0fU) its good.. :P Sultan is 3D animation.. so cant compare much.. btw, sultan-kku yaarum aappu vaikka avasiyam illa..

Nerd
26th November 2008, 02:01 AM
ayyayyO solltArubA. Hope Soundarya is reading :shaking:

Anban
26th November 2008, 02:15 AM
ayyayyO solltArubA. Hope Soundarya is reading :shaking: ayyayO .. naan sonnathu, ivarukku purinjuruchubA.. ivaru reply paathu "naan appidiyea saaaakkk aayitten.."

Nerd
26th November 2008, 02:20 AM
thiruvalluvaru.. karuthu solraaru... naangallAm notes edukkurOm.

Avadi to America
26th November 2008, 08:03 AM
The last scene (before showing coming soon) was really good. other than that i was not impressed with this 2D cartoon. I am expecting very good back ground music as usual from raja. since i am intrested much in 3D animation, it was not look great to me.

MrJudge
26th November 2008, 10:26 AM
Judge,

The Background and the style depicted for each character/scene is different in the making. In this trailer I saw 3 different styles - one for the girl, one for manikantan and one for the dancers.

Manikantan's motion was linear while all the background was blurred.
The dancers/musicians are stable in a place and are animated while, the camera creates a walkthrough kinf of feel. These characters are also based on Mural arts of Kerala.

Yes, I could identify them but showing all 8 styles one by one would've been better, don't you think?

The girl and her surroundings are based on realtime 2D animation.

I think 3D animation is also there (the forest scenes). The movie will answer how these styles are integrated. BTW, who is doing the animation work?

Scale
26th November 2008, 01:13 PM
Great score :thumbsup:

p.s. Sultan has got twin swords. :lol2:

Vivasaayi
26th November 2008, 01:24 PM

just swords make no sense - its the hands that use the swords that makes it valuable :lol:

HonestRaj
26th November 2008, 01:58 PM

just swords make no sense - its the hands that use the swords that makes it valuable :lol:

Rajadhi Raja Rajini dialogue oda aangila mozhi peyarppu :P

Anban
26th November 2008, 03:46 PM
the most important thing for an anmation film is the script.. Shrek has better animation than Incredibles.. but, incredibles is a far more superior film..

rajasaranam
26th November 2008, 04:44 PM

I hope both the swords are not being used in a losing war :lol2:
Meanwhile Manikantan has a single sword and dedicated team to deliver the best for winning :)

Scale
26th November 2008, 04:58 PM
End Dign :twisted:

Dilbert
26th November 2008, 05:14 PM
PROMO TRAILER: Once I saw the Visuals and heard the music 'I shouted...tha Sulthanukku Appu vaikka vanthaaryaa Manikantan' Thats it! Watch HERE (http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=wDQPttnY0fU) its good.. :P Sultan is 3D animation.. so cant compare much.. btw, sultan-kku yaarum aappu vaikka avasiyam illa..

Just bcoz someone likes to put a superlative statement like..Biggest, Longest... it won't become one.

just bcoz in tralier someone is narrating like Hollywood kind or should I say taunt like hollywood ..it won't become a great product. for me it looked like just another animation movie like Ganesha, Hanuman etc etc.. Much popular star than Raaja was asscoiated with Hanuman "Chiru"

Above statements are pretty much the testimony of how much Indian market is prepared for receiving an Indian Animated movie.

Avadi to America
26th November 2008, 07:34 PM
IMO, I do not have great expextation or hope on indian animation industry as of. because they have not yet proved to compare with hollywood movies. So film makers should stop hyping the movie. This is applicable to sultan also. if i watch sultan on FDFS, it is because of rajini, no other reason :D . Let the movie speaks in that case. :)