PDA

View Full Version : Stuffed roast chicken Indian style

Kavitha Ravi
9th January 2005, 08:57 AM
I would be very grateful if anyone could give me the recipe for stuffed roast chicken Indian style.
Thanks. Kavitha

Pearl
12th January 2005, 07:05 PM
Stuffed Roasted Chicken

1 whole chicken; 2 big onions finely minced; 1/4 cup finely minced corriander leaves; 3-4 green chillies finely minced; Mint leaves 12-15 no.'s finely chopped;curry leaves few; Salt to taste; Pepper Pwd.- 1 tspn; Turmeric pwd -1/2 tspn; garam masala pwd 1/2 tspn; ginger/Garlic Paste 1tbspn; Mixed Vegetables finely chopped - 1 cup steamed & kept; minced mutton/beef -1/2 kg, heart/liver/gizzards finely minced;Oil -6-8 tbspns,; lime juice - 2-3 tbspns.

Heat oil &fry the minced onions, gr.chillies, coriander, curry leaves, mint leaves, when onions are turning brown add the pepper pwd, turmeric pwd, garam masala & salt & mix nicely, add the minced meat, liver/heart/gizzards minced & the par boiled vegetables & fryon low heat for 3-5 mins - remove from heat & leave to cool add lime juice and mix well.

In the meantime was the chicken nicely inside & out, leave to drain-then stuff the chicken with the prepared stuffing from the bottom - seal the opening by stitching with a needle & twine. Tie the legs together, tie the neck & wings on the chest. Apply ghee or oil mixed with 1/2 tspn pepper powder& a little salt & rub all over the chickenliberally- bake in a moderately hot oven till chicken is tender & brown - turn over & brown - see that the chicken is brown & cooked on all sides- serve with fried Potatoes/ Onions/Ketchup

The came could be made with Turkey/Duck

Pearl Subramanian

Kavitha Ravi
13th January 2005, 01:15 PM
Dear Pearl, It was really sweet of you to post the recipe.
Thanks a lot .I will try it out.
Again Thanks Pearl.

Pearl
13th January 2005, 03:45 PM
Hi Kavitha,

Thanxz for yr. mail, I hope you & yr. fly will enjoy the Roast chicken - pl. let me know yr. opinion/comments on the same.

Best Regards,

Pearl.