PDA

View Full Version : Brahma - An Underrated gem !!

NormalMan
5th November 2008, 11:37 PM
The more I listen to this album, the more joyous & nostalgic I become. This album came out when I in my high school and remember how I instantly got hooked onto this album. The release of Thalapathy's audio, cast as shadow on this fine piece of work.

You can listen to the songs here (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/albums/ALBIRR00078.html)

raja_fan
6th November 2008, 12:09 PM
I don't think Brahma was underrated any time..
The songs "ival oru.." and "varudhu..varudhu.." etc are evergreen hits. Infact "ival oru" became the signature song of Kushbu !

thumburu
6th November 2008, 04:11 PM
I just love the interludes of "ivaL oru " more than SPB version, eventhough Janaki's was a tad lower than SPB's output . They send a shiver of joy down my spine.

Shakthiprabha.
6th November 2008, 04:55 PM
:thumbsup:

krish244
7th November 2008, 01:13 PM
I love the 2nd interlude of "Engirundho" for its trumpets, strings and above all the male chorus. If I remember it right, "Sangeetha megam" song's (mohan movie) second interlude is of similar pattern and is even better. What movie is that?

I also like "Varudhu" and "Rathiri Neram" songs. The second interlude of "varudhu" is the only interlude that I did not like that much. Other interludes are just too good.

thanks,

Krishnan

crvenky
7th November 2008, 02:53 PM
I liked almost all the songs from Brahmma including the spell-binding title score. All the songs have heavy dose of WCM. I think it came during the Symphony period. The songs picturization has a stylish look.

app_engine
7th November 2008, 05:43 PM
'sangeetha mEgham' is from udhaya geetham (motherland pictures movie where Mohan plays with mike)

MumbaiRamki
7th November 2008, 05:56 PM
I liked almost all the songs from Brahmma including the spell-binding title score. All the songs have heavy dose of WCM. I think it came during the Symphony period. The songs picturization has a stylish look.

I think teh first movie that released after RPO symphony was Sethupathy IPS !

crvenky
8th November 2008, 10:10 AM
yes. There were many movies which had the Symphony hangover in songs. Singaravelan, Kattumarakkaran, Valli, Poovarasan, etc to name a few.

kingvj
9th November 2008, 10:04 AM
Yeah, in Sethupathy IPS, IR was called "Maestro" in the credits. This continued in most of the movies, but somehow they (producers??) it aint lucky (as most of the films that had "Maestro" in the credits bombed due to various reasons).. and they tried various titles.. I think it is back to "Isaignani" nowadays.

No matter what the title is... the man is never out of form..! :D