PDA

View Full Version : Krishna Where are you?!

Shakthiprabha.
23rd August 2008, 06:43 PM
I dont know which thread to share these thoughts. Hence chose this thread. This is ofcourse my conversation with my daughter. This is not a professionally written story, but just an amateurish, shabbily written conversation only to be shared here.

Long ago, when I was 13 years or lil more my mom celebrated krishnashtami.

She would play bhajan song, I would listen to it and happily help her in her chores of making cheedais. In some book (may be gokulam for kids) I read a story of a boy actually waiting for krishna to come and eat snacks and savouries, and HE DID SEE krishna, though others just dismissed his version as kid's immatured talk.

I decided, I would also go out and sit in the steps and wait for him. MAY BE I CAN SEE HIM, and convince others I did see krishna coming and eating Food. I waited from 5ish to 6.ish and almost till 7. Krishna did not seem to come. I was dissapointed. I went in to check if cheedai etc was intact. Obviously as my dad, mom had tasted a lil, the quantity was less.

LO! I was 100 percent convinced KRISHNA DID COME and eat cheedai. Just that I could NOT see him :(

I tried silently sneaking in at 12 midnight to see him and I could not.

Every year, claiming I am agnostic, somewhere deep down my urge to peep into the pooja room at 12 midnight has not vanished. I still peep in and NO. KRISHNA IS NOT THERE.

And then... we grow up :lol2: ... stop believing or questioning the exitence of god! :) ...

Its all science, Krishna is just cluster of energy particles, who, when invoked may come. But it needs utmost devotion.

Ah ! Krishna he still keeps slipping me!
Who is he? Whats his nature. I am yet to grasp him.

Many years have passed and today, (my daughter as like other kids loves krishna) I celebrated my krishnaashmi with Vaish.

"amma krishna nijama varuvara"

"amaam vaishnavi, but he would come only at night 12 or so, when we are all asleep and U CANT SEE HIM (I dont want her to be dissapointed like me) ! "

then I made all cheedais, sweets, vadais, etc etc (with vasihavi peeping in often to see wht is happening, and constantly questioning what all krishna likes )

then I draw the feet. Small lil cute ones.

After one hour, Vaishnavi is calling me....

"amma amma kitchen vanthu paaru, u did not draw feet in the kitchen and there are 2 feet like structures there"

me: :shock:

and there it was... in the shape of foot, but did not look like its drawn, small foot, with some pattern. I did not draw it. How did it land up there? :?

I was so thrilled for 2 mins or so, then my rational mind started investigating. I soon found, vaish's house slippers had lil marks of foot which I had drawn.

So there it is she has stepped on and went into the kitchen too.

Vaish...its ur slipppers.

" I DID NOT wear it and go in. I REMEMBER. "

" okei vaish :| "

"oh my god, look at ur cheedais amma, quantity is less, he has EATEN IT"

" :| okei"

"amma, really he has come "

( I smile)

"but where is he"

(alright I dont wanna spoil a child's belief)

"oh he is invisible to human eyes vaish, u cant see him"

(then she goes in to pooja room, kisses krishna :shock: ) "did u really come krishna"

"oh he might have ...now leave it vaish"

"I am sooooooooo happy ma, krishna came to our house, FIRST :lol2: before everybody's house he came here :lol2: "

"hmm :) "

________

"Then can I eat my cheedai and appam now? "

"yeah"

(after 5 mins...)

"wowww vaishnavi see how soft the appams are! Do u like it? "

"yes amma verrrrrrrrrrry soft, I told u know krishna came...HE MUST HAVE LICKED IT"

:shock:

"whaaaaaaaaaaaat"

"ofcourse thats why its soft"

"hmmm :| "

"then why is the seedai not soft"

"seedai he eat with teeth how can it be soft, for appam he has used his tongue"

Me thinking (this imagination is unbelievable :| )

"amma which god created u"

(stumped again)

"eh not sure...u see god is one..."

"but u said, one god takes diff form, which form made u"

":| u better ask ur patti "

"which god did I come from"

"ur name is vaishnavi, so vishnu's sister vaishnodevi created u" (god plz ...whats happening)

"ah... vishnu means"

"vishnu means krishna"

"so krishna also blessed me when I was born"

"yeah"

"how did they bless me"

"uh... just saying nice things I supp"

"NO! they must have kept their hand on my hand and blessed me"

"YOU ARE RIGHT :shock: (what-more-now look I give pathetically) "

"see... I KNOW "

:)

" sEe, thats why I LOVE KRISHNA, and he loves me too"

"thats why HE CAME TO OUR HOUSE FIRST"

"alright alright go watch cartoon "

"amma"

"ippo enna"

"krishna kku rukmini thaan wife-a"

"yeah and sathyabama too"

" :( "

"Why vaish whats up now?"

" Radha loves Krishna, Krishna loves Radha, they make a great pair"

" yeah Ive heard u tell it before. I know u are upset that he did not marry radha (this conv took place 2 years back) "

"radha makes krishna laugh and krishna make radha laugh"

"yeah yeah i know u are not very happy with krishna's decision not to marry radha"

:( amaam amma.... cha...krishna and radha only are nice... together!

" What shall we do now? "

" :( po amma! "

:roll:

" naama parka mudiyatha krishnava? ... if I see him, I WILL FORCE HIM to marry radha"

"sari sari...tv paaru"

A song kept ringing in my mind...

"பிறந்திருந்த போது நெஞ்சம் திறந்திருந்தது..
அந்த பிள்ளை நெஞ்சில் தெய்வம் வந்து குடியிருந்தது
வளர்ந்து வந்த போது நெஞ்சில் மயக்கம் வந்தது
அங்கு வாழ்ந்திருந்த தேய்வம் கொஞ்சம் விலகிக்கொண்டது"

I am still searching for my krishna... and he is easily accessed by kids!!!!

children have faith. What about me? Where did I lose it? Can I ever get back?

"kuzhanthaiyum deivamum gunathaal ondru...."

All I can do is...sing!

sivank
23rd August 2008, 06:47 PM
:thumbsup: prabha. Good one. Vaishu va kaila thooki vachu konjanum pola irukku

Shakthiprabha.
23rd August 2008, 06:48 PM
Naan romba konjiten already.
I felt so sweet sivan :)

crazy
23rd August 2008, 06:52 PM
akka :thumbsup:

NOV
23rd August 2008, 06:58 PM
nice SP :D

Shakthiprabha.
23rd August 2008, 07:02 PM
:bow: crazy, nov

I am still wondering how innocent children are!

And thats one reason god is with them!

madhu
23rd August 2008, 07:40 PM
hayya..

ippavAchum kutti pAppAs pathina uNmaigaLai purinjukitteengaLE

:ty:

Shakthiprabha.
23rd August 2008, 08:00 PM
:D

You are talking about PAAPPAS!

I insist its not vanished completely even in boys/girls :) (not pappaas)

It takes almost early teens and couple of years more to see the innocence waning.

madhu
23rd August 2008, 08:43 PM
:D

You are talking about PAAPPAS!

I insist its not vanished completely even in boys/girls :) (not pappaas)

It takes almost early teens and couple of years more to see the innocence waning.
'
NO ! :P

innaikkum kutti krishnan kudikka pAlAdaiyil vaikkiRa pAl kuRaiyudhu..

nambinAl avan kaNdippa varuvAn....

( just hear meerA songs of MS without any disturbance..

andha brindhAvanam appadiyE unga munnAdi varum..

appuRam kutti kaNNan vara evLo nEramAgum ..

I am sure.. he will come .. sandhEga padAdheenga )

Shakthiprabha.
23rd August 2008, 08:53 PM
:) hmmm

Shakthiprabha.
23rd August 2008, 08:55 PM

Can u elaborate madhu :?

madhu
23rd August 2008, 08:57 PM

Can u elaborate madhu :?

power :

idhai ingE discuss seyya mudiyAdhu.. :P

but neenga chennai varappO pEsalAm..

Shakthiprabha.
23rd August 2008, 08:59 PM
Wow! this sure got me curious :D

pavalamani pragasam
24th August 2008, 03:17 PM
:D Kids are simply adorable for their pure, innocent nature and firm beliefs! Their intelligence and imagination are supremely precious. Our festivals try to retain, revive & continue the stii-alive trace of childhood in everybody, I suppose.

VENKIRAJA
24th August 2008, 03:34 PM
Amazing peice of work.Infact this is what literature was meant to do,extend a reader's thoughts to somewhere,completely true,original,interesting and classy.Nice work ANNI!

There was one uncle of mine,and my dad's friends who are spiritual.I used to talk with them about everything.The contradiction was one uncle does this 'thirisanam' thing on my forehead and I reply to his completely pious and vaishnavaite thoughts,then there is another uncle who talks about periyar and marx and I nod my head to what he says to me.Those were these good ol' days!Wow!

Shakthiprabha.
24th August 2008, 10:49 PM
:D Kids are simply adorable for their pure, innocent nature and firm beliefs! Their intelligence and imagination are supremely precious. Our festivals try to retain, revive & continue the stii-alive trace of childhood in everybody, I suppose.

Very true pp maam! and only then we realise whats lost :)

Shakthiprabha.
24th August 2008, 10:50 PM
There was one uncle of mine,and my dad's friends who are spiritual.I used to talk with them about everything.The contradiction was one uncle does this 'thirisanam' thing on my forehead and I reply to his completely pious and vaishnavaite thoughts,then there is another uncle who talks about periyar and marx and I nod my head to what he says to me.Those were these good ol' days!Wow!

:D This is one line venkiraja which EVERY HUMAN repeats

"Those good old days!! "

Shakthiprabha.
24th August 2008, 10:56 PM
Amazing peice of work.Infact this is what literature was meant to do,extend a reader's thoughts to somewhere,completely true,original,interesting and classy.Nice work ANNI!

Hi venkiraja,

I feel embarassed writing this.

This was written as a conversation and because I was unsure where to post, I posted it here :oops:

It was written at a 'single stretch' with no rehersal or homework (just poured my thoughts like a 'normal post' of mine) and next thing I did was 'SEND-POST'... No thinking. No waiting.

I did not rephrase it or recheck for spelloz, 'slip of words' or wrong placement of words due to random and fast-paced flow of thoughts and much more.

Hence its kinda EMBARASSING for me if u say its ...'amazing piece of work'

Yeah one thing which is true is, "ITS A VERY TRUE original conv", probably it has more life ... thats bout it :)

Thanks venkiraja, :) (though its very embarassing for me to accept this. :oops: )

// end dign :oops:

Wibha
25th August 2008, 12:29 AM
vaishu is soooo cuteeeeeeee :D :D :D and adorable :D :D :D

MADDY
25th August 2008, 07:19 AM

same question lingering in my mind for past 2 yrs or so.....where did we all lose it :( .....our mind becomes so polluted with negative thoughts and fears that we ultimately lose peace in ur mind......when we dont have peace in mind, where can we see god??? we relate it to rationale :lol: we think human mind understands everything and judge everything including GOD :lol:

good one SP akka.......belief is needed to survive in this world and kids show us the way :)

sarna_blr
25th August 2008, 09:45 AM
I am still searching for my krishna... and he is easily accessed by kids!!!!

"kuzhanthaiyum deivamum gunathaal ondru...."

All I can do is...sing!

:shock: :o :oops: :roll:

Very very nice write-up :clap: :clap:

Shakthiprabha.
25th August 2008, 10:32 AM
wibhs,

She is! :D

sarna,

:oops: thanks

maddy,

very true! :clap: every word is true :)

P_R
25th August 2008, 11:47 AM
Nice one SP.

In family gatherings I have become the natural designate to tend to my kid cousins and nephews/nieces. It is an absolute delight.
குழலினிது யாழினிது is the line I am reminded of always. But for some reason we all hold this back. For instance, I would be reluctant to share this with friends my age. Something makes you hold back from sounding sappy, senti and simple.

MADDY puts it beautifully

we think human mind understands everything and judge everything .......belief is needed to survive in this world and kids show us the way :)

All we have gained then by our unbelief
Is a life of doubt diversified by faith,
For one of faith diversified by doubt:
We called the chess-board white,--we call it black
- Robert Browning

In one of the Calvin and Hobbes strips, Calvin suspects the existence of Santa and is then worried that he may be blacklisted for his lack of faith and may not get presents from Santa that Christmas. So he changes his views

Calvin: Well. I've decided I do believe in Santa Claus, no matter how preposterous he sounds.
Hobbes: What convinced you?
Calvin: A simple risk analysis. I want presents. Lots of presents. Why risk not getting them over a matter of belief? Heck, I'll believe anything they want.
Hobbes: How cynically enterprising of you.
Calvin: It's the spirit of Christmas.

Shakthiprabha.
25th August 2008, 03:39 PM
Nice one SP.

In family gatherings I have become the natural designate to tend to my kid cousins and nephews/nieces. It is an absolute delight.
குழலினிது யாழினிது is the line I am reminded of always. But for some reason we all hold this back. For instance, I would be reluctant to share this with friends my age. Something makes you hold back from sounding sappy, senti and simple.

I think its a male image not to let in sentiments :huh: not sure pr. I suppose women let loose their emotions :)

and yeah kids are gifts :)

MADDY puts it beautifully

we think human mind understands everything and judge everything .......belief is needed to survive in this world and kids show us the way :)

Thats what I felt too! very well phrased by maddy :D

All we have gained then by our unbelief
Is a life of doubt diversified by faith,
For one of faith diversified by doubt:
We called the chess-board white,--we call it black
- Robert Browning

ah! :( painfully beautiful ! (if therez a term like that)
Twin-nature so very entwined in our very self.

In one of the Calvin and Hobbes strips, Calvin suspects the existence of Santa and is then worried that he may be blacklisted for his lack of faith and may not get presents from Santa that Christmas. So he changes his views

chooooooo cute :lol2:

Calvin: Well. I've decided I do believe in Santa Claus, no matter how preposterous he sounds.
Hobbes: What convinced you?
Calvin: A simple risk analysis. I want presents. Lots of presents. Why risk not getting them over a matter of belief? Heck, I'll believe anything they want.
Hobbes: How cynically enterprising of you.
Calvin: It's the spirit of Christmas.

OH I enjoyed it :rotfl2:
kids! kids! how beautiful u are! :lol2:

anbu_kathir
25th August 2008, 04:08 PM
I have thought over this 'issue' of how I ought not to have grown up ;). Till some point, I was indeed saddened by the loss of innocence and simplicity.

But then, frankly speaking, I find faith boring. It stops knowledge and understanding. Ignorance is bliss, not because you hold a brick wall ( of 'faith' ) against knowledge, but because you have the willingness to look beyond it, to see what is within, for real, than what you have been 'told' by others, because there is so much to learn.

Imagine an experiment where a child is told nothing about God. Lets see if it can come up with an imagination about it. The very notion of something being 'sacred' comes by the evolution of the human mind through the natural process of aging. Honestly I had to accept that it was ( now that I am out of childhood ) , and is a gift. The childhood part of it was a gift too, one that is beautiful, but meant (for most) to be part of a more complete process of being-a-human.

The innocence and simplicity and faith will be back : as wisdom. Until then, as children, innocence, simplicity and faith are great. But I no longer long for it, I prefer doubt, mystery, awe about the most important questions of Life, and sometimes even deep trouble to remind me of what I believe in and stand for, all that is possible only in adulthood. ;)

Love and Light.

VENKIRAJA
25th August 2008, 07:59 PM
Hi venkiraja,

I feel embarassed writing this.

This was written as a conversation and because I was unsure where to post, I posted it here :oops:

It was written at a 'single stretch' with no rehersal or homework (just poured my thoughts like a 'normal post' of mine) and next thing I did was 'SEND-POST'... No thinking. No waiting.

I did not rephrase it or recheck for spelloz, 'slip of words' or wrong placement of words due to random and fast-paced flow of thoughts and much more.

Hence its kinda EMBARASSING for me if u say its ...'amazing piece of work'

Yeah one thing which is true is, "ITS A VERY TRUE original conv", probably it has more life ... thats bout it :)

Thanks venkiraja, :) (though its very embarassing for me to accept this. :oops: )

// end dign :oops:

Not at all.So if a script isn't proof-read or corrected,does it mean its a bad script? :? I don't think so.And if this is done as a play,I'm sure it'll rock!Sad that I missed meeting Vaishu paapa! :roll:

Shakthiprabha.
25th August 2008, 10:33 PM
But then, frankly speaking, I find faith boring. It stops knowledge and understanding. Ignorance is bliss, not because you hold a brick wall ( of 'faith' ) against knowledge

But I no longer long for it, I prefer doubt, mystery, awe about the most important questions of Life, and sometimes even deep trouble to remind me of what I believe in and stand for, all that is possible only in adulthood. ;)

:) no denying this truth!

Shakthiprabha.
25th August 2008, 10:34 PM
Not at all.So if a script isn't proof-read or corrected,does it mean its a bad script? :? I don't think so.And if this is done as a play,I'm sure it'll rock!Sad that I missed meeting Vaishu paapa! :roll:

:) Shez not a pappa anymore! gonna be 8 this nov :D
I hope we meet up sometime :)

Querida
26th August 2008, 07:44 AM
This is not a professionally written story, but just an amateurish, shabbily written conversation only to be shared here.

Whether you know it or not...these lines did not matter at all...what mattered was the name "Shakthiprabha"...do not all ideas come from shabby writings...that's why editors have a job!!

Anyways Shakthi, you know I am so used hearing that what parents say is always 100% correct and said with utmost wisdom... i will here admit how hard it was for me when growing up and even now to find realise that yes...parents can be wrong, can make mistakes...you have boldly and honestly put down a tricky situation...where yes you worry about what you say...bravo :)

i loved how humanly you admitted that at times you didn't know what to say....that was sooooo sweet....it showed the immensity of how much you care and love and want to guide in the most best way....such a small wordings hides so much well meaning...the way you kept it to its matter is how we are able to see the sweet innocence of child and your loving efforts...

i guess i cannot help you in the faith question...even i too am wondering Shakthi..and at times I envy those who believe and wonder how to start again? where did it end in the first place? but the active role of a parent that you show here...the utmost faith your child has in you...now that to me is the most beautiful thing.... :D

Shakthiprabha.
27th August 2008, 10:13 AM
:ty: Q !

I believe in admiting my mistakes when I am wrong or accept about my ignorance when I am clueless (admitting to even kids! Actually its easier to be humble and letting ur ego loose esp with kids :D )

Q,

Belief takes u the whole circle. First this way then the other way, and then, u come around with faith. By then ur life is half over :)

So the theory of god still remains unsolved, and yes, faith being intact :)

P_R
27th August 2008, 10:20 AM
SP & Q I am reminded of another Calvin gem

Calcin asks some questions about clouds to his father. He tries to answer ("there are made of water vapour", "why are they grey", "has got somrething to do with water vapur....must look it up one of these days etc."

Calvin: I take it, there is no qualifying exam to be a Dad :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
27th August 2008, 10:23 AM
Thats good pr :lol2:

Do u enjoy 'dennis the menace' too ? :D

P_R
27th August 2008, 10:42 AM
I used to. But he is kinda quaint when compared to Calvin. He is just a handful.

Shakthiprabha.
27th August 2008, 10:55 AM
Iven't read much calvin. Youve kindled my itnerest now :D

Anoushka
27th August 2008, 04:53 PM
choooooooo chweeeeeeeeeeet :)

Querida
28th August 2008, 01:26 AM
SP & Q I am reminded of another Calvin gem

Calcin asks some questions about clouds to his father. He tries to answer ("there are made of water vapour", "why are they grey", "has got somrething to do with water vapur....must look it up one of these days etc."

Calvin: I take it, there is no qualifying exam to be a Dad :lol:

:lol:

one small digression: Shakti for SURE read about that little rascal! This is the one comic that I haven't lost interest in...far side, garfield, opus, boondocks,zits, baby blues...and still i love Calvin! :D

madhu
28th August 2008, 05:53 AM
Iven't read much calvin. Youve kindled my itnerest now :D

http://www.gocomics.com/calvinandhobbes

appappO padingO !

Designer
14th September 2008, 06:32 AM
Good one SP :)

Lambretta
5th October 2008, 03:25 PM
SP 'ka,
reading this for the first time!

And I read it with interest! :D

" :( po amma! "
This one particularly is chooooooo cute!! :D :D

paula1
28th May 2009, 12:59 AM
Dear Friend,

I am writing to you from Washington, D. C., in the United States of America. Yes, you can regain the faith which you lost. You can find Krishna again. I too lost my childhood faith for a number of years. But I kept searching, and it returned to me. I am a Christian, and you belive in Krishna. That doesn't matter. Faith is what is important. I believe in Jesus, and he says, "Unless you have the faith of a child, you cannot enter paradise." Regain your child's heart. Open your soul to God. Your faith will return stronger than every before. I shall pray for you.

If you want to write to me, you can e-mail me at paula1@gmail.gwu.edu.

Sincerely,
Paula

paula1
28th May 2009, 01:02 AM
Dear Friend,

I am writing to you from Washington, D. C., in the United States of America. Yes, you can regain the faith which you lost. You can find Krishna again. I too lost my childhood faith for a number of years. But I kept searching, and it returned to me. I am a Christian, and you believe in Krishna. That doesn't matter. Faith is what is important. I believe in Jesus, and he says, "Unless you have the faith of a child, you cannot enter paradise." Regain your child's heart. Open your soul to God. Your faith will return stronger than every before. I shall pray for you.

Sincerely,
Paula

bingleguy
28th May 2009, 02:58 AM
:omg: :omg:

suvai
28th May 2009, 06:46 AM
Vanakam sp :-)
Romba cute connection between u, vaishnavi & krishna....took me back to my days with my mother.
......:-)

Shakthiprabha
28th May 2009, 05:23 PM
:) suvai

Shakthiprabha
28th May 2009, 05:25 PM
Dear Friend,

I am writing to you from Washington, D. C., in the United States of America. Yes, you can regain the faith which you lost. You can find Krishna again. I too lost my childhood faith for a number of years. But I kept searching, and it returned to me. I am a Christian, and you believe in Krishna. That doesn't matter. Faith is what is important. I believe in Jesus, and he says, "Unless you have the faith of a child, you cannot enter paradise." Regain your child's heart.

Sincerely,
Paula

:shock: :) thanks paula. Very kind reply :ty:

Yes faith matters the most and the unquestioning child's heart which TRUSTS unconditionally :)

Open your soul to God. Your faith will return stronger than every before. I shall pray for you.

:) thankyou paula.