PDA

View Full Version : Pani Puri, Bhel Puri & Masala Puri

kittykat
4th January 2005, 07:07 PM
Hi All,

I love Pani puri, could someone please post a recipe to make the puri's (they stay crisp forever??) and the masala's to go with it. The pani is sort of a watery spicy liquid which tastes good. But i'm more keen on the masala which has green peas and potatoes in them i think and it tastes so yum!! The way to eat it is to carefully crack open the puri in the middle to make a cavity, pour the masala into it top with some chopped onions and corriander leaves and the whole thing goes gulp into the mouth!!, it makes my mouth water even while typing it!!. Does anyone have this recipe to share? Please post it!

Thanks,
kitty

kaathyaini
15th January 2005, 09:20 PM
Hi
Pani puri-
For the pani(water) you can use jaljeera mix,or u can make a paste out of pudina(mint) leaves,corriander(cilantro)leaves,green chillies,ginger,lime juice and black salt and then add this to water or you can make the Jaljeera and use this chutney seperately (u also get the ready made chutney in any indian stores)
For masala you can use mashed potatoes(with little salt and pepper or mirchi powder),cooked chick peas or moong(sprouted is good for health),you can also use boondi,sev,corrainder leaves,onions,peas,etc.(sprinkle chaat masala-optional).U can mix all these items together or u can put them seperatley in to the puris as per individual taste.
For the sweet chutney make a paste of date and tamrind or you also get ready made chutney in any indian stores.
I dont know the recipe for the puris,i get them from the indian stores.
Bhel puri-
Fry bhel(puffed rice), with a little oil,salt and turmeric powder(slow roast) and add a lilltle sev or u can get the bhel mix form the inidan stores in which is already roasted with oil,salt,haldi and sev.
For making the bhel puri keep the following items ready,finely chopped onions , tomatoes,corrainder leaves,green chillies,ginger and raw mangoes, also the green chutney and the sweet chutney mentioned above.You can also add,mashed potatoes,sev,peanuts,boondi,pomagranate etc.Put the ingredients together(as per individual taste) and mix well and serve .(sprinkle with chaat masala-optional).
You can add curd to the same.
You can also keep the small puris(the flat and broken puris while making pani puris) on a plate and serve the mixed bhel on top of them.
you can use any number of items as per ur taste and availability and experiment with them.
I hope u will enjoy these recipes :)

ziaxxxxx
6th March 2005, 08:13 AM
helo , pls , if anybody know...give me the recipe of samosa chole ..it is like dhaaba , fast food type ,..some even call it samosa chaat.
its got crushed samosa mixed in Choley curry and garnished with greeen chut ney and sumthign else. please so give me this recipe.