PDA

View Full Version : Chal Chale - IR's Next Hindi Movie

vanavil
4th April 2008, 10:17 AM
[tscii:5761b18175]Testing time
Former assistant to Sanjay Leela Bhansali, director Ujjwal Singh is all set to make a film, Chal Chale in based on young students committing suicide because of academic pressure and the fear of examination. The film marks the comeback of yesteryear actor Manoj Kumar, who will play the role of a Supreme Court judge.

Talking about the concept of the film, Singh says, “Over the years, I have been reading about young children committing suicide because of academic pressure. I had the script ready for a long time, but recently when I read reports about 16 children committing suicide, I decided that I should make the film now.”

Apart from Manoj Kumar and eight children, the film includes Mithun Chakraborty, Rati Agnihotri and Kanwaljeet.

Singh further says, “The story is about a group of friends who are preparing for their exams and on the first day of the exams one of their friend commits suicide. Enraged by the situation, the friends decide to file a case against the parents of the child and also a case against the government. Mithun Chakraborty plays their lawyer. It becomes a national issue overnight. The judge, played by Manoj Kumar, finally resigns saying there is no law that can punish the government.”

But why Manoj Kumar? Singh says, “When I narrated the script to Manoj Kumar, he was very happy as it’s a film with a message. He loved the subject and agreed to be part of the project. He is very sensitive and emotional. I am glad that I managed to sign him on. It was not easy since he had not worked in the last 12 years but I knew that he would do the film as the subject needed someone like him.”

The film hits the floors in April and the music is by Illayaraja.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&sectid=30&contentid=2008032720080327022552889d103a1fb

There was an article in Today's DC that Mithun is going to Dance after many years to a peepy song composed by IR. Sounds really interesting. :D [/tscii:5761b18175]

krish244
4th April 2008, 03:17 PM
Theme sounds unique. Hope the movie releases :). Not sure what kind of songs to expect. There must be more scope for BGM I guess.

Wondering how the director thought of IR. Has he worked with IR before?

thanks,

Krishnan

raja_fan
4th April 2008, 06:10 PM
Sorry ! Mithun going to dance now in this age ? :(

bingleguy
4th April 2008, 06:58 PM
really a good social thought ..... :clap: this might really be an eye-opener ....

IR :thumbsup: NEVERTHELESS - always the BEST CHOICE :-)

rajasaranam
4th April 2008, 07:51 PM
'HOPE' made in telugu had similar storyline with music of Raaja :)
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/telugu/review/8709.html

rooky
6th April 2008, 10:51 AM
About the same news..
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/article/37743.html

krish244
27th April 2008, 11:59 PM
On location of "Chal Chale" shooting. You can catch a little of a song picturisation. Sounds ok to me.

http://www.lehren.tv/videodetails.asp?id=3601&band=3&nosearch=true

Choose lower bandwidth if required.

thanks,

Krishnan

rajasaranam
5th May 2008, 08:06 PM
no news about chal chale here :(
http://in.movies.yahoo.com/news-detail/24771/Mimohs-dancing-gives-jitters-papa-Mithun-Chakraborty.html

raagas
1st October 2008, 05:37 PM
no news about this one? There seems to be some jinx in the case of IR and hindi films. There has never been a single out & Out good hindi film, made by a non-southie with North Indian music sensibilities.
Either the films that came his way were like that or his choice of films.
Ilaiyaraaja is still remembered in Hindi industry, but hardly for any films..say:

1. Sadma... but director(Balu Mahendra) is South Indian and his equation with ilaiyaraaja is such that they can even make a film even in bulgarian language.

2. Shiva(1990).. Ram Gopal Varma.. Well, actually, the songs in Hindi version didnt click, somehow the tunes didnt suit Hindi.

3. Shiva (2006)..Songs are good..but director is Southie..Varma again.

4. Hey Ram: Kamal Haasan there.

5. Cheeni Kum: we know..Balki is a southie and a big fan of IR.also, the songs were rehashes (although good).

Now, films which were made by Hindi film-makers:

1. Mahadev... a typical 80s masala film of Vinod Khanna. my faith in ilaiyaraaja's 'Singer Selection' crashed completely when he took Mohd.Aziz in this film, for one song. For those who dont know, Mohd.Aziz was one of the 100s of Mod.Rafi clones who cropped up in 80s, after Rafi's demise. All these 100s of singers didnt have melody. They only had dense voice and yelled away.

2. Kamagni... why would ilaiyaraaja choose to score music for an Adult film? i dont even know how the film is..but i know that it was a damn squib.

So, with all this background..what can we look forward to, from IR in "SRK" and "Chal Chale"? The speculation is on...

raagas
11th June 2009, 03:56 PM
Any news about this one?

jaiganes
11th June 2009, 05:47 PM
no news about this one? There seems to be some jinx in the case of IR and hindi films. There has never been a single out & Out good hindi film, made by a non-southie with North Indian music sensibilities.
Either the films that came his way were like that or his choice of films.
Ilaiyaraaja is still remembered in Hindi industry, but hardly for any films..say:

1. Sadma... but director(Balu Mahendra) is South Indian and his equation with ilaiyaraaja is such that they can even make a film even in bulgarian language.

2. Shiva(1990).. Ram Gopal Varma.. Well, actually, the songs in Hindi version didnt click, somehow the tunes didnt suit Hindi.

3. Shiva (2006)..Songs are good..but director is Southie..Varma again.

4. Hey Ram: Kamal Haasan there.

5. Cheeni Kum: we know..Balki is a southie and a big fan of IR.also, the songs were rehashes (although good).

Now, films which were made by Hindi film-makers:

1. Mahadev... a typical 80s masala film of Vinod Khanna. my faith in ilaiyaraaja's 'Singer Selection' crashed completely when he took Mohd.Aziz in this film, for one song. For those who dont know, Mohd.Aziz was one of the 100s of Mod.Rafi clones who cropped up in 80s, after Rafi's demise. All these 100s of singers didnt have melody. They only had dense voice and yelled away.

2. Kamagni... why would ilaiyaraaja choose to score music for an Adult film? i dont even know how the film is..but i know that it was a damn squib.

So, with all this background..what can we look forward to, from IR in "SRK" and "Chal Chale"? The speculation is on...

Regarding Mahaadev - Mohd.Aziz is not any Rafi clone, but son of the great mohd rafi himself and the song he sang was a routine market place song which was pretty good for the situation. Overall Mahaadev is an awesome album and on my listening list in a loop.

Raat bar - Asha sings this jazzy, snazzy blues number that sounds uber cool even today.
Fikr na kar pyaare - is a club number and is having its own feel of coolness and all the interludes are made in the usual Raaja heaven.
Rhim Jhim is a stunner and plum has written more abt it.

Plum
11th June 2009, 06:13 PM

oNNUm perusa ezhudhalai Jai. Stunner-ndara oru word-ku mela describe paNNa mudiyalai. Beyond description. Despite Asha pAtti, a fine, fine song. Mohd Aziz is so-so in "aaj babua bhaye kotwal", a rework of veLakethu veLakethu vellikezhamai from the magnum opus discussed recently in HUB - Per Kedutha piLLai. But Dilwale Raat Hai Jawan is such a funky, stylish club song - avaingaLuku adhellam puriyalai. Ding Chak Ding Chak Ding Chak-nu Ek Do Teen dhaan hit aachu andha time-la.

Kamagni-la, Aagaya Sapna Koi Sach banke is pleasure beyond description. It evokes such tender emotions. But the best of such songs is kiLiye kiLiye in Mallu. Enna bass guitar work!

raagas
11th June 2009, 07:20 PM
Regarding Mahaadev - Mohd.Aziz is not any Rafi clone, but son of the great mohd rafi himself and the song he sang was a routine market place song which was pretty good for the situation. Overall Mahaadev is an awesome album and on my listening list in a loop.

Raat bar - Asha sings this jazzy, snazzy blues number that sounds uber cool even today.
Fikr na kar pyaare - is a club number and is having its own feel of coolness and all the interludes are made in the usual Raaja heaven.

Dilwaale and Rimjhim are the outstanding numbers from this album. Dilwaale song is infact an extraordinary Mohana, thats ahead of its time and even today may be. and Rhimjhim is an awesome keeravani, with brilliant orchestration.

The songs that i didnt like were the other 3 numbers - the Mohd.Aziz number, hindi version of shenbaghame and fikar na kar pyare. And the mere selection of Mohd.Aziz shocked me.The feelin is similar to how i would react if Ilaiyaraaja would praise Himesh Reshamiya's voice today, suppose.

raagas
11th June 2009, 07:22 PM
Kamagni-la, Aagaya Sapna Koi Sach banke is pleasure beyond description. It evokes such tender emotions. But the best of such songs is kiLiye kiLiye in Mallu. Enna bass guitar work!

Kamagni is a brilliant album. It had wonderful songs. But what i didnt understand was that how come ilaiyaraaja agreed to score music for it, when it was touted as an Adult Film.

ananth222
11th June 2009, 07:37 PM
Kamagni-la, Aagaya Sapna Koi Sach banke is pleasure beyond description. It evokes such tender emotions. But the best of such songs is kiLiye kiLiye in Mallu. Enna bass guitar work!"Aagaya" is a clever rehash of "vidhaitha vidhai" from "ethanai konam ethanai paarvai".

Sureshs65
11th June 2009, 08:18 PM
Jai,

Mohd Aziz was not Rafi's son. I think Rafi's son was called Anwar. The great evil Hindi MDs inflicted on all of us were the duo of Shabbir Kumar and Mohd Aziz. All I can say is that the mere name of any of these two guys would keep many of us away even from a Raja song. That explains our love for these gentlemen.

krish244
11th June 2009, 11:12 PM
Even Anwar is not Rafi's son. He is another clone of Rafi like Shabbir Kumar.

thanks,

Krishnan

jaiganes
12th June 2009, 04:05 AM
true - I was wrong about Mohd Aziz
Why is Fikr Na Kar pyaare - considered bad - I found the little flute pieces all along the song - quite cheeky and interesting.

raagas
12th June 2009, 11:09 AM
Jai,

The great evil Hindi MDs inflicted on all of us were the duo of Shabbir Kumar and Mohd Aziz. All I can say is that the mere name of any of these two guys would keep many of us away even from a Raja song. That explains our love for these gentlemen.

Aaha... my thoughts exactly.

raagas
12th June 2009, 11:12 AM
Why is Fikr Na Kar pyaare - considered bad - I found the little flute pieces all along the song - quite cheeky and interesting.

Hmm..yaa..but somehow, i never felt that it is a song that i would keep for years. Dilwale and Rhimjhim are clearly the stealers.infact, i felt Shenbaghame's Hindi version too didnt work. it somehow failed to capture me.The tamil version is awesome and it is not a case that i heard the tamil one first and hence i didnt like Hindi one.as a standalone song, it somehow failed.

raagas
24th June 2009, 03:29 PM
C'mon.. plzzzzz release this album... Its been a very long wait.