PDA

View Full Version : New international airport at Devanahalli >>> Bangal

Billgates
10th March 2008, 02:15 PM
Last Friday was a memorable one for Bangaloreans. The runway on the new Intl Airport at Devanahalli was tested successfully.

Its expected to commence by end March08. How far is it from Mainstream Blr ? How beneficial is to the residents ? Will the existing airport at HAL will continue ?

Anoushka
10th March 2008, 08:56 PM
I guess HAL airport will be just that -HAL airport :)

and I hear that there are going to be express bus services from the new airport into town ( or else imagine the amount taxis & autos will charge)

and I hope that the runway is big enough for A380 to land.... :)

dev
11th March 2008, 07:06 AM
I guess HAL airport will be just that -HAL airport :)

and I hear that there are going to be express bus services from the new airport into town ( or else imagine the amount taxis & autos will charge)

and I hope that the runway is big enough for A380 to land.... :)

B'lore-la express bus-a?!!!... anga ellam endha bus poataalum adhu aamai vegathila thaan pogum coz of the traffic... :wink:

Anoushka
11th March 2008, 02:24 PM
dev :lol: I guess it is supposed to be non stop from aiport to city center or something like that :)

dev
11th March 2008, 02:47 PM
dev :lol: I guess it is supposed to be non stop from aiport to city center or something like that :)

Oh...ok...Nagarndhaal thaane nikkiradhukku...;) :)

mgb
11th March 2008, 02:52 PM
I have already calculated the time that will be taken including the check-in security etc. Going by train to chennai will take less time :)

Anoushka
11th March 2008, 03:10 PM
Ganesh: :lol: that was always the case for me when it came to BLR - Madras or Bombay - Pune .... :)

Billgates
11th March 2008, 07:25 PM
Seems Civil Aviation Ministry has already committed to BIAL guys that HAL airport will be shut down once BIAL takes off.
Else, they may have to compensate heavily to BIAL .

Wonder why they havent developed the road infrastructure simultaneously for smoother commencement of BIAL ?