PDA

View Full Version : James Hadley Chase Novels / Phantom Comics

Oldposts
2nd January 2005, 11:53 AM
Topic started by Dr. P.C. Sarkar (rch_sarkar2d@sancharnet.in) (@ 61.0.164.130) on Mon May 3 13:58:13 EDT 2004.

Hi Folks

I am based in India, and a fan of James Hadley Chase for the past 30 years. I am also developing an exclusive website on him. I have 86 novels of JHC with me. I am in a position to provide many of the novels of JHC (not from my own collection, but from other sources) to other fans, in exchange for the following:

1. Miss Callaghan Comes to Grief
2. I'll Get You for This
3. Goldfish Have No Hiding Place
4. Blonde's Requiem
5. No Business of Mine
6. Try This One for Size.
7. But A Short Time To Live

I am prepared to mail 2 JHC books in exchange of one of each above.

As an alternate, I am prepared to send one JHC novel, in exchange for 5 copies of English Phantom (Lee Falk) Comics, (Indian/Indrajal/Diamond, Australian/Frew, American/DC/Gold Key/Moonstone or Swedish / Egmont) etc.

Hope you all will oblige and the exchanges, I am sure, will be mutually beneficial. Reply Soon!!

Regards

DR. P.C. SARKAR
India

Oldposts
EXTREMELY HAPPY TO FIND A JHC FAN ! UNFORTUNATELY I HAVENT A SINGLE BOOK OF JHC WITH ME NOW. I USED TO READ JHC BOOKS IN SCHOOL DAYS FROM LENDING LIBRARY. NOW I AM 42 AND WORKING IN DUBAI. NATIVE PLACE IS KERALA. REFLECTING ON MY EARLIER DAYS NOTHING GAVE ME SHEER PLEASURE THAN A NOVEL OF JHC AND I CRAVE FOR THE SAME MOMENTS ONCE AGAIN. HOPE YOU WILL RESPOND TO ME ASAP ON RECEIVING THIS MESSAGE.
BEST REGARDS

Oldposts
i love jhc too.Happy to find someone who lv it too

Oldposts
I still remember my school and college days where I used to finish JHC in one go..I still cannot forget the novel 'Want to stay alive' and the character Poke tohollo(hope i am right?)..I fully agree with Nizar and I have the same feeling about JHC. Good nostalgia

Oldposts
Hi Folks.My fansite on JHC is almost ready
Will inform u as soon as it is launched

Oldposts
hi, great to find some JHC fans out there!
i am a JHC collector with 53 different titles.
these include 22 1st edition hardbacks and 31 paperbacks. sorry i have none of the titles you are after.
i also collect phantom comics and have over 800 comics in my collection, not including doubles and swaps. they are mainly frew,but also have phantoms from US, Sweden, France, Mexico and the UK. if you let me know what else you are after and what JHC you have for trade.
i am in new zealand and look forward to hearing from you.
kind regards.

Oldposts
Hi Folks...Nice to get so many responses...........Do keep in touch and make a mailing list of JHC enthusiasts.. Care

PCS

Oldposts
hi

i'm very much surprised to see this club. i am an ardent fan of chase, and right now i'm in mumbai. but unfortunately i don't have the books mentioned by u. i feel if you post any of the chase books for online reading, the chase community will be greatful to u.

Oldposts
Might face copyright problems

Oldposts
Fansite has been hosted, but facing problems with images etc.

Oldposts
GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!

My James Hadley Chase Fansite has been launched at:

http://www.angelfire.com/celeb2/hadleychase/index.htm (http://www.angelfire.com/celeb2/hadleychase/index.htm
)

Check it out guys and send me ur response !!!!!

Oldposts
Hi Dr. Sarkar,

Had a look at you site. Looks great. Hope you will be able to add a few cover scans too. You have inspired me to reread the books I last read 15 years ago. As old Chase novels ( in reasonable condition) are quite easily available in Delhi, will be glad to swap with anyone for Phantom/ Gold Key/ Dell comics. Also have Indrajal phantom comics for swapping.

Oldposts
The website looks good and informative. Keep up the good work

Oldposts
Thanx folks for ur encouragement and responses.....

Oldposts
Hello Dr Sarkar:

I live in Michigan and have all 91 of his novels, as far as I can tell, including all the books that you have mentioned. A few of them mentioned by you, "Miss Callaghan ...", "No Business of Mine" and "Blondes' Requeim" are extremely scarce, and I had to pay almost $125 for each of them.

The others mentioned by you such as "Goldfish" are widely available, including new editions thru amazon.com, so you will find them easily. Other scarce books are "Last page" and first editions of "No orchids for Miss Blandish"

I have also most of Chase's 13 retitles, such as "Ruthless", etc., but I am missing about 4 of them.

There is a "rare" Chase title out there called "he lived only for revenge" that is selling for about $400, apparently only 1 copy seems to exist, hence my assertion that it is a fake.

I am unable to obviously send you any of the books that you mention, but if you need scans, story lines, etc., please let me know. I will be happy to oblige.

Oldposts
pls I'm a fan of JHC. If you can send me some of his novels.
I will be extremely happy

Oldposts
hi fans i love JHC too but I dont Have any for now. If you can send me one I will be very grateful

Oldposts
I have acces to many JHC titles.how do we exchange? where r u loated? u r adds n city pl.

Oldposts
ghh

Oldposts
hey, i just visited ur site, and its a good start. there is some problem with images, u may need to edit ur html to remove some hard coded links for img tag. i found this in ur html :

try changing this and rest to something like :

this will use relative path.
hope this helps.

also, i m a fan of JHC and use to read a lot of novels. i m also a big fan of phantom. if possible can u scan and put the comics of phantom on ur site? it will help lots of phantom fans like me...

Oldposts
Dear Mr. Sarkar , the book "Goldfish Have No Hiding Place " is available for sell at http://www.darkwoodonline.co.uk/si/1315.html

Oldposts
hey!

I just found a all new website that meets most of this forum's req's. from the latest English songs to Hindi Remixes, Video songs, Hindi songs, Pop songs all for free. The best part is that the size of each file is 1/10th of the normal size.

Log on to : http://ebus.20m.com to find it our yourself.

Hurry!!

Oldposts
Hi there guys!! Yeah, I am faithful fan of JHC. Located in SA. would like to chat with everyone enjoying JHC's books. Yeah, I read over 30 JHC's novels, including '' He won't need it now; Believe this you will believe anything; Tiger by the tail; Coffin from Hong Kong; The Doll's bad news; Hit and Run; Mission to Vienna; Strictly for cash; What happens to me? & many more!

Oldposts
Hi there guys!! Yeah, I am faithful fan of JHC. Located in SA. would like to chat with everyone enjoying JHC's books. Yeah, I read over 30 JHC's novels, including '' He won't need it now; Believe this you will believe anything; Tiger by the tail; Coffin from Hong Kong; The Doll's bad news; Hit and Run; Mission to Vienna; Strictly for cash; What happens to me? & many more!

Oldposts
JHC's official site?

Oldposts
Hello all!! I am a great fan of JHC as well as the Ghost Who Walks as many of you are. They both bring nostalgic memories from the '60's and '70's. I am here in Ohio, U.S. and managed to get some Phantom comics from India. I think the best place to look for any of these would be eBay.
Dr.Sarkar (any relative of the great magician Dr. P.C. Sorkar??) hope you find the JHC titles you are looking for!!

Oldposts
Hi!
James Hadley Chase is,indeed,my best writer.He deserved to be recommended for his works.Surely, I am happy to find that there is someone who discovered the pleasure of reading Chase.
Thanks.

Oldposts
Fellows,

I am looking to buy phantom/Mandrake comics...am a student so prices asked on ebay seem a bit high. :( anyone willing to offer them at a more reasonable price? I remember Indrajal comics used to publish them in India....but I was too young to make a collection then!

thanks,
subbu

Oldposts
hi guys,
its amazing to know that there r so many jhc fans.
in my house,all my family members incluidng dad,mom,and my brother r big fans of jhc.
i have quite a good collection of jhc and its increasing day by day.u can easily find used authentic jhc books in second hand shops all over india.only thing is u have to be patient and look around fot it.whenever i visit any city,i first look around for second hand book shops ,wer they sell jhc books.i think they r not that hard to find.but i didnt come across any of the above mentioned titles.also i have a quite a good collection of phantom and madrake comics,since my dad used to read those when he was young.i always read it over and over,whenever i go home.

Oldposts
hey gr8 to see so many jhc fans out there
i too love his novels but own only 2 at present though i've read 56 of his. finished the last one just yesterday (the fast buck)
my fav is tiger by the tail.
hey and i lovethe phantom comics too. got loads of them but i'm not givin them away (anyway they're indian prints, so u won't want them)
hey this forum idea is good
how about making a good jhc lovers forum?

Oldposts
I would be pleased if you visit my web pages http://jameshadleychase.free.fr and I would be glad to have your comments.
I am looking for photos of JHC, they are very rare on the web, and for additional informations about his life.

Oldposts
hi
its very nice to c so many of JHC fans.i have just started reding one of his books"Wanna stay alive" im loving it and planning to get hold of some other editions.DR. sarkar hope u get ur books soon.

Oldposts
Thanks folks

Oldposts
http://www.buddyicons.cc

Oldposts
Hi.I am a fan of JHC ever since i was going to collage, i read lots of his books , and God bless him he made my day every day, i had other friends too, who i would share his novels.It gives me a great deal of happiness to see that he still has so many fans .God bless you all.

Oldposts
Hi, i feel happy to meet fans of jhc with a big zeal.
I use to be one consistent reader also and i find nothing better.However i want to know if the title BURRY HIM LIKE A HERO do exists cos with all effort,i coul not come across it.
I have numerous colections of jhc.
Thanks.

Oldposts
Hi, all Chase-lovers!
I from Sweden, and I have 73 books of Chase. I can not find any more. The 73 is all who has translate to my own landuage. I am very happy about this exellent thrillers!! This planet is a better place to live in with books of the legend James Hadley...

All the best
from Håkan

Oldposts
good day today.
i wish to offer intrested jhc fans a hand of frienship.please send me a mail if you are intrested so as to enable us know each other better.
use "adambkod@yahoo.com"

Oldposts
Hi friends. I've been a great fan of JHC. But I"ve not got to read too many of his books. I've just read around 10 of them. I"ll be really glad if someone could tell me about few of his best.
Thanks.

Oldposts
GREAT TO KNOW THAT THERE ARE JHC FANS OT THERE. I USE TO THINK I AM THE ONLY FAN LEFT. I READ 79 OF HIS NOVELS.MY LAST ONE WAS"HAND ME A FIG LEAF"

Oldposts
Hi
Love Jhc and at present own 74 of his books,does anyone know how many he has written.
Thanks

Oldposts
hi I am actually not a fan of jhc but do admire some the stucture of his plots.It is not possible for me to read all of his novels so I am asking jhc fan who has read so many of jhc work to Name 1 or 2 Title of his novel which you think is worth filmming,and why.
Basically I am a screenplay writer.Thinking of creating a movie script from jhc novel.
Thanks. You all are doing a great work.
Ajay

Oldposts
Hi Guys ,

You all seem to big big on JHC .. Do you guys read anything else.. I came across an interesting website selling used books in India :
WWW.secondhandbooksindia.com

Prices seem o.k. and I bought a couple .. The service was good. Thought I would share this info. with India based readers ..

Oldposts
Hi,
I have inherited 1000's of Phantom comics from my father.
I am looking to sell them. He has many originals and some reprints, i believe it is almost a complete set.
Please if you are interested email me with any details you would like to know.

Oldposts
Does Anybody know where to find JHC ebooks,
on the web. If u Do, pls email it to me, Thanx PPL
JHC ROCKS

Oldposts
I ADMIRE JHC I'VE READ MANY OF HIS NOVELS.I ALSO WISH 2 BE MORE THAN HIM.

Oldposts
Dear Friends

My site at www.angelfire.com/celeb2/hadleychase/index.htm
has been totaly updated, including summaries of novels and movies based on JHC's work Please go throught it and give ur feedback.. Best

Oldposts
Hi It feels nice to know that there r so many lovers of JHC in india. though todays generation do not have the impulse to read novels and they they feel that its a waste of time reading a book.
I think they might change their minds if they experience Phantom, Mandrake, Amar Chitra Katha,JHC,Hardy Boys etc
I request all of you friends to atleast make one kid get the joy of reading all the above said books.
regards

Oldposts
Hi It feels nice to know that there r so many lovers of JHC in india. though todays generation do not have the impulse to read novels and they they feel that its a waste of time reading a book.
I think they might change their minds if they experience Phantom, Mandrake, Amar Chitra Katha,JHC,Hardy Boys etc
I request all of you friends to atleast make one kid get the joy of reading all the above said books.
regards

Oldposts
Hi, here's an Italian fan on JHC. I have about 45 of his boks in English, and about 20 in Italian. Some are doubles, if anybody is interested in exchanges, here are 3 titles to start with:
Come easy go easy(Corgi)
This way for a shroud(Granada)
Strictly for cash(Granada)

Please e-mail me directly with your proposals, I'm also prepared to pay if you have more than I have or if you are not intersted in mine.

Oldposts
Fellow JHC Fans,
Please help me identify the JHC novel in which the main character is the Dillon, a murderer on the manic side, who finally met his end when he was shot (accidentally?) by a retarded lady....
Thanks
<a name="last"></a>

RR
2nd January 2005, 11:58 AM
Continue here: http://forumhub.lunarpages.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=1183