PDA

View Full Version : Kathir - A.R.Rahman - Manavar Dhinam

baba88
29th February 2008, 02:58 AM
Today there was an Official Launch of " The Score Magazine" in Chennai. Details abt the Magazine can be gathered from Alan Hildey, who is also a member of this yahoo groups. ARR was supposed to be present in the function, but was held up in a busy meeting with a Hindi Director. The function was presided by Mr. Pravinmani, ( Music Director, and Asst to ARR ) , Director Kadhir ( who had made a lot of movies with ARR ) .

The March 2008 Issue of the Magazine is an exclusive A.R.Rahman issue, and has an exclusive interview of ARR in it . The E- version of the Magazine would be uploaded in the website of the magazine soon. I would try to scan the interview and request Gopal to upload it in flickr.

For Fans who love Kadhir's association with ARR, there is a good news coming up. Dir Kadhir officially announced his next project with ARR, and the title of the film is " Maanavar Dhinam ( Student's day)", similar to his old movie " Kaadhalar Dhinam".

There are other interviews also, and on behalf of YG, I congratulate Alan Hidley and his team for coming up with an exclusive ARR issue, as its like a bonanza for we fans.

Source: Yahoo Group

thineshan54321
29th February 2008, 03:58 AM
Today there was an Official Launch of " The Score Magazine" in Chennai. Details abt the Magazine can be gathered from Alan Hildey, who is also a member of this yahoo groups. ARR was supposed to be present in the function, but was held up in a busy meeting with a Hindi Director. The function was presided by Mr. Pravinmani, ( Music Director, and Asst to ARR ) , Director Kadhir ( who had made a lot of movies with ARR ) .

The March 2008 Issue of the Magazine is an exclusive A.R.Rahman issue, and has an exclusive interview of ARR in it . The E- version of the Magazine would be uploaded in the website of the magazine soon. I would try to scan the interview and request Gopal to upload it in flickr.

For Fans who love Kadhir's association with ARR, there is a good news coming up. Dir Kadhir officially announced his next project with ARR, and the title of the film is " Maanavar Dhinam ( Student's day)", similar to his old movie " Kaadhalar Dhinam".

There are other interviews also, and on behalf of YG, I congratulate Alan Hidley and his team for coming up with an exclusive ARR issue, as its like a bonanza for we fans.

Source: Yahoo Group

if this is true, i would be sky high from happiness! wasnt it kadhir who also did kadhal desam?? expecting a mustafa. wow what an album that was. phew!

lancelot
29th February 2008, 11:33 AM
if this is true, i would be sky high from happiness! wasnt it kadhir who also did kadhal desam?? expecting a mustafa. wow what an album that was. phew!

WAS illa Thinesan IS... it is an amazing album... hehe
he did
- Kathal Desam
- Kathalr Dinam
- Kathal Virus

all good albums...
this is good news indead!

hehe
:D

Mahen
29th February 2008, 01:28 PM
lance, u missed uzhavan...That was the first kathir-rahman combo

Vaz
29th February 2008, 01:31 PM

WAS illa Thinesan IS... it is an amazing album... hehe
he did
- Kathal Desam
- Kathalr Dinam
- Kathal Virus

all good albums...
this is good news indead!

hehe
:D

You can add Uzhavan to the list also....
The weakest outing from the combo was Kadhal Virus for me....

Sanjeevi
29th February 2008, 02:05 PM
the title :banghead:

mikesasi
29th February 2008, 03:16 PM
wow...great news!! any idea when this mv hitting the floor?..

kutti_anand
29th February 2008, 05:04 PM
thanks for the info.... waiting for the album.... ARR - Kathir combination rocks, but the movie will definitely stand out as a sore thumb.... kadhalar dhinam was a mokkai, and kadhal virus mokkayo mokkai.... his films have the following compulsorily....

1) Friends will call each other, dei machan, machi, maapla, etc....

2) Comedy track from Chinni jeyanth

3) Location with roses, sometimes CG....

4) full of kavithais....

5) heroine intro will be like, reflection in water, or glass, or mirror or something like this....

6) and last but not least, Thalaivar ARR music....

the sixth point only is good in his films.... i think kathir stands out from other directors in getting tune from ARR.... they form a terrific combo..............

Vaz
29th February 2008, 06:00 PM
At least he extracts some real good music from ARR. Because as a director he is a "sothai"... He worships love but in a not so subtle manner... and in not so subtle/realistic context... as far as I'm concerned his movies have always been duds... But anyway, we can expect some good songs from our Boss!

thineshan54321
1st March 2008, 03:29 AM
i am looking forward to this album so much. I know the movie would be a dud unless kadhir was spending all these years (since 2003) to think of an interesting story and a slick screenplay. However, I also know that the music would be tremendously beautiful, no matter what.

A.ANAND
1st March 2008, 10:44 AM
thanks for the info.... waiting for the album.... ARR - Kathir combination rocks, but the movie will definitely stand out as a sore thumb.... kadhalar dhinam was a mokkai, and kadhal virus mokkayo mokkai.... his films have the following compulsorily....

1) Friends will call each other, dei machan, machi, maapla, etc....

2) Comedy track from Chinni jeyanth

3) Location with roses, sometimes CG....

4) full of kavithais....

5) heroine intro will be like, reflection in water, or glass, or mirror or something like this....

6) and last but not least, Thalaivar ARR music....

the sixth point only is good in his films.... i think kathir stands out from other directors in getting tune from ARR.... they form a terrific combo..............

romba lollu :lol: :thumbsup:

kutti_anand
1st March 2008, 12:23 PM
i am looking forward to this album so much. I know the movie would be a dud unless kadhir was spending all these years (since 2003) to think of an interesting story and a slick screenplay. However, I also know that the music would be tremendously beautiful, no matter what.

Picturisation will be very bad.... kadhal virus was somewhat ok.... but kadhal desam :shock: swesome songs wasted in cinematography.... thendrale song evlo super song, mokkaya oru cinematography.... and hello doctor song, paakarathuku pei paatu maathiri irukum....

rayan36
1st March 2008, 04:32 PM
For me kadhal virus was the worst picturization of them all, title song with Abbas aIYO :banghead:

A.ANAND
1st March 2008, 06:40 PM
For me kadhal virus was the worst picturization of them all, title song with Abbas aIYO :banghead:
antha movie-e total worst!'setta paambai' ethukku nella adichu enna pannarathu :)

thineshan54321
1st March 2008, 08:18 PM
music wise kadhal virus was also the worst imo. but those years were ARRs worst. I am sure MDs music will be amazing and i am keeping my fingers crossed so that picturization also good.

Ramakrishna
1st March 2008, 08:24 PM
music wise kadhal virus was also the worst imo.

:shock:

thineshan54321
1st March 2008, 08:27 PM

compared to KD, kadhalar Dhinam and Uzhavan dont u agree?

Ramakrishna
1st March 2008, 08:32 PM

ARR albumnu vanthuttaa compare pannave koodaathu. Each album of his is unique.

thineshan54321
1st March 2008, 08:34 PM

athu unmai, i never compare but still in terms of play count, KD and other albums top KV, i think it might be the negative influence from th emovie.

Ramakrishna
1st March 2008, 08:38 PM

athu unmai, i never compare but still in terms of play count, KD and other albums top KV, i think it might be the negative influence from th emovie.

KV too has got some amazing Songs. I listen to them even now infact more than both the KDs. maybe becoz i haven't seen the movie.

thineshan54321
1st March 2008, 09:39 PM

KV too has got some amazing Songs. I listen to them even now infact more than both the KDs. maybe becoz i haven't seen the movie.

movie was a total disaster. i used to love these songs before movie, maybe i should revisit the songs now that i forgot the movie. :)

THK
2nd March 2008, 05:17 AM
Don't forget "Yendhan Vaanin Kadhal Nilavae" from KV, still one of the best song.

svaisn
2nd March 2008, 05:35 AM
Don't forget "Yendhan Vaanin Kadhal Nilavae" from KV, still one of the best song.

Another great song in KV
Sonalum ketpathillai kanni manadhu.....

thineshan54321
2nd March 2008, 11:26 AM
:shock: i am sorry for saying this is the worst. wow, i am really enjoying these songs now. just wow. vaan nila is simpyl amazing. and SPBs voice in endhan is so soothing.

rayan36
2nd March 2008, 05:16 PM
:shock: i am sorry for saying this is the worst. wow, i am really enjoying these songs now. just wow. vaan nila is simpyl amazing. and SPBs voice in endhan is so soothing.

Kathalay....kathalay....endhan vannil (minus the coughing :roll: ). I used to play Vaan Nila a lot then, it's been couple of years now since I last heard them,but the songs seems crawling back to me & it's MORE NEW & FRESH THAN EVER :shock: , that really amazed me

thineshan54321
3rd March 2008, 04:10 AM
OMG, i cant believe these tracks were not so good. i just assumed all tracks between 2001-2003 were not good :cry: after SPB sings oh kadhalae, the insturment that comes in at 02:01 is out of this world. I am really sorry for calling these the worst of kadhir arr combo. :(

thineshan54321
3rd March 2008, 04:17 AM
2003 would have been a really amazing year in ARRs career if the movies were successful: KV, KKS, and Boys are amazing album...

Yathu
3rd March 2008, 04:58 AM
I think I need to listen to this album too! The only song I can remember having on my computer at the time is the cat walk song....'Baila More' I think it was, I think Simbhu sang this song? Will get the songs and give them a proper listen!

thineshan54321
3rd March 2008, 05:52 AM
I think I need to listen to this album too! The only song I can remember having on my computer at the time is the cat walk song....'Baila More' I think it was, I think Simbhu sang this song? Will get the songs and give them a proper listen!

pls do. i cant believe i missed out on this.

kutti_anand
3rd March 2008, 03:08 PM

Baila more was sung by simbu.... he once came on vijay tv(kathayalla nijam with lakshmi) and started crying telling that he has grown to the level of singing in ARR's music....

and TR was on the phone i think. he also started crying.... :D

Vaz
3rd March 2008, 05:16 PM
OMG, i cant believe these tracks were not so good. i just assumed all tracks between 2001-2003 were not good :cry: after SPB sings oh kadhalae, the insturment that comes in at 02:01 is out of this world. I am really sorry for calling these the worst of kadhir arr combo. :(

O Kaadhale was by Mano....

thineshan54321
3rd March 2008, 07:05 PM

O Kaadhale was by Mano....

o really? their voices sounds so alike.

rayan36
3rd March 2008, 07:05 PM
You know what we have to do guys, we should promote the Kadhal Virus songs by playing it when frenz & ppl around us, setting ringtones, they'll start asking... then it will really show that ARR songs are slow poison

Ramakrishna
17th March 2008, 08:45 PM
[tscii:de5f0c90a1]http://www.hindu.com/cp/2008/03/14/stories/2008031450431600.htm

It's been a while since you've been making Manavar Dinam…

We're planning to start shooting from next month. The film stars Bharat, Nasser and SPB.

People say there's a pattern behind the titles of your films.

Kathal Desam , Kathal Virus, Kathalar Dinam and now Manavar Dinam. We celebrate Kathalar Dinam (Valentine's Day) but there's no day for students. May be it will happen after Manavar Dinam's release.

What do you think about your protégé Mysskin? Have you seen Anjaathey?

Nice film with good characterisation. He's definitely going to be one of the most successful directors.

In the industry you are as good as your last hit. Does it bother you that you have not done anything in a long time?

Most filmmakers make a proposal and then start working on the film immediately. I cannot start work unless I am happy with the script. Also, I always take time off between films. Besides Manavar Dinam, I am also working on an international project, an English film on Gandhi. I had to do a lot of research. I spent a year on that.

Are your films autobiographical? There seemed to be a bit of your life in Idhayam, Kadhal Desam and Kathal Virus.

In every film, there's a small portion that's borrowed from my life. That's what fires the imagination. But Manavar Dinam is everybody's film.[/tscii:de5f0c90a1]

Ramakrishna
17th March 2008, 08:46 PM
Is it confirmed that thalaivar is doing this movie?

prasana84
17th March 2008, 08:49 PM
Kandipa iruka kodathu :(

Ramakrishna
17th March 2008, 08:52 PM

hmmm.....We can get beautiful Songs..But the movie will be surely pathetic

Yathu
18th March 2008, 12:52 AM

Maybe this film will be good. In that interview he says he's also working on an international project! Maybe he learnt some directing and script writing techniques in that time. I remain hopeful. :lol:

thineshan54321
18th March 2008, 01:41 AM

Maybe this film will be good. In that interview he says he's also working on an international project! Maybe he learnt some directing and script writing techniques in that time. I remain hopeful. :lol:

i dont care how the film turns out, but nevertheless i want arr in this. kadhal desam is still one of my fav albums from arr, superb tunes.

A.ANAND
18th March 2008, 06:31 AM
full movie kavithai paadi audiance-sa kollama iruthale pothum!

prasana84
18th March 2008, 07:22 AM
seriously

A.ANAND
18th March 2008, 08:27 AM
ippa trend ellam maripochi,ippa poi avaru meendum one side love,heroine intruduce aana poova thuvarathu[bgm-la kavithai]muttal thanamana 'sentiment',pathhi padam 'javvu mittai'mathiri illuthu kitte povathu,ithai ellam meendum repeat kathir repeat pannaru innu vechu kunnga 'setthan' :lol: kathir movie-la periya plus is namma thala music and song picturation :thumbsup:

thineshan54321
19th March 2008, 01:58 AM
ippa trend ellam maripochi,ippa poi avaru meendum one side love,heroine intruduce aana poova thuvarathu[bgm-la kavithai]muttal thanamana 'sentiment',pathhi padam 'javvu mittai'mathiri illuthu kitte povathu,ithai ellam meendum repeat kathir repeat pannaru innu vechu kunnga 'setthan' :lol: kathir movie-la periya plus is namma thala music and song picturation :thumbsup:

maybe the only +? :lol:

rayan36
21st March 2008, 08:19 PM

who cares, kavithaiyilae ARR music iruntha pothum

thamizhvaanan
21st March 2008, 09:11 PM

who cares, kavithaiyilae ARR music iruntha pothum

thalaivar isaiye oru kavidhai thaan.. adhuku mela oru kavidhai venuma :)

thamizhvaanan
21st March 2008, 09:19 PM
This is one of my fav combos. Kadhal Virus is a terrific album. It shud rank along with KKS as one among those unfortunate commercial failures :cry:.

sonnalum ketpadhillai madhiri oru paata compose panradhukkey matha composers nooru jenmam edukkanum :notworthy:

Renault
21st March 2008, 10:27 PM
thamizhvaanan..

Agreed sonalum is an extremely good song... however the statement "matha composers nooru jenmam edukkanum "... konjam over aa theriyalai....

hope that was typed at the spur of the moment.

thamizhvaanan
21st March 2008, 10:50 PM
Nope.. sometimes some compliments are just never enough :)

thineshan54321
22nd March 2008, 02:31 AM
Nope.. sometimes some compliments are just never enough :)

:thumbsup:

baba88
10th July 2009, 08:10 PM
What happened to this project ?