PDA

View Full Version : Survival (Sridevi)

RR
28th February 2008, 08:48 AM
Survival

- Sridevi

I was mad. How dare that fellow let me down like that? Terrible. Let him come today. I am going to kill that fellow.

And then he came. Idiot. He thought I was one of those 'uppy' women who can’t get angry with men. They with their saris neatly pinned and with their fancy hand bags and umbrellas, all the time getting scared of their in-laws and husbands. No. No. I am not like that.

“Akka, you look so angry. Come on. You look like the heroine of our leader today in his latest movie. Ha! Ha! You look really beautiful when you are angry”. The bugger had the guts to laugh at my face and bully me. He was shocked at the powerful slap that hit him exactly at the same moment.

“Whatttt…Akkka? Why are you hitting me? Don’t hit me without knowing the truth”.

I had no time to listen. I just went on hitting him. I pushed him down. He fell like a flower. I pounced on him with my nails, hands, legs and with my shrill voice reciting all the strong words that I learnt right from my childhood to protect myself from this harsh life. The poor guy began shivering in fright.

“Why did you cheat me like that?” I screamed. “Now what will I do to treat my child? Where will I go for that kind of money? I had borrowed five hundred rupees for ten percent interest. Now how will I pay the interest? Who will give me money now? How will I treat my child, you drunkard? For the past two days she is down with vomiting and fever. Where is my money? I have to take her to a private hospital. She is lying in a government hospital. Who will treat a poor child? You need money you dirty bugger. My child. She is in pain. Will she survive? What will you know about children? You loafer? You think my drunkard husband cares for my child? You rascal. You fool. Sell your … and give me the money”. I screamed and screamed as I was hitting him.

And then I noticed the ring. Shining and bright, reflecting the morning sun. Gold. My eyes lit up. There, there. I knew what to do. I attacked him once again and removed the gold finger ring. My anger cooled. This will do. I spit on the face of the loser and left the place.

Many of you might think I am dirty and crude and vulgar. I don’t care. You have been given the money and education to practice style and grace. I cannot waste my time with all that. I have to live. Survive.
[tscii:fad28196b0][/tscii:fad28196b0]

pavalamani pragasam
2nd March 2008, 01:24 PM
A fiery, scary virago!!! :clap:

crazy
2nd March 2008, 03:04 PM
:clap: :clap: