PDA

View Full Version : Bharati mukherjee

Oldposts
2nd January 2005, 11:53 AM
Topic started by Mukta Sharma (koolkats_20@rediffmail.com) (@ 61.0.220.141) on Mon Jun 9 03:10:00 .

i am doin my Ph.D. on bharati mukherjee & i request all those who can let me know about bharati mukherjee it would be a great help to me. Thanks

Oldposts
Mukta Sharma,
Lot of material is available on Bharti Mukherjee on net.Most imortant one is ,Why she call herself American or Asian American?Some anthologies are avilable from Atlantic Publisher Delhi cross cultural conflict of B.M.by Nagendra Kumar.Some articles are in Indian Journal English Studies.

Oldposts
HAI I'M DOING RESEARCH (M.A) ON bHARATHI MUKERJEE AND ARUNTHATHI ROY, SO IF YOU ALL HAVE ANY INFORMATION ABOUT THIS 2 WRITER NOVERL IN FEMINISM POINT OF VIEW.

Oldposts
Hai!I am doing my Ph.D.Research on Bharati Mukherjee & so I request all those who can let me know about Bharati Mukherjee especially about the socio-cultural Considerations . It would be a great help to me. With Thanks. Juhi

Oldposts
I have to do a research paper on the managment of grief it a book by Bharati mukherjee.It much be 750 word. My topic is pick any character in the story and analyze his/her grieving process,noting the stages of grief and the influence of the culture/ religion of India.
could you help me because i really need your help very badly.

Oldposts
i am too doing phd on bharti mukherjee

do help me out with material...
raj
rsbarwal@rediffmail.com

Oldposts
hi all,
I am doing PHD on barthi mukharjee and would look to make this forum to share the docs and articals

Please do mail me we will share the info of the same.

Oldposts
i fail to understand the call of research scholars on net.why donot they go to library of their institute or consult their supervisor.there are atleast 7-8 journals which are published regularly,few publishers of delhi are regularly publishing critical books on important writers,creative books ,atlantic book and publisher,prestiege books.internet can only give brief infomation about the writer or his works.

Oldposts
B.M. writes in" On Being an American Writer"Perhaps

it`s too greata stretch for critcs and reviewers to see me,,and writers like me,as anything other than ``Indian","Indo- american" or Asian".Iam far more impatient with hostility from Indian and Indian born American scholars in "post-colonial" disciplines who instictively disparage anything with an American provence.

Oldposts
see Front page >Sitemap>Women Writers for Bhrati Mukherjee and other women writers.

Oldposts
i am also doing the research work on bharti mukherjee please help me for better work

Oldposts
http://www.buddyicons.cc

Oldposts
Read "The Middlemen" and try to find the book that she wrote with her husband about the airindia flight that exploded...

Oldposts
Bharati Mukherjee's new novel "The Tree Bride"has come out in August.

Oldposts
I have recently got my Ph.D. registerd on" Bharti Mukherjee A Study on Diasporic Narratives".Please someone tell me her E-mail address.

Oldposts
I have recently got my topic registerd on Bharti Mukherjee a study on diasporic narratives" Please someone tell me her E- Mail address.

Oldposts
Satyam Mishra,
You can read 'A Critique of Bharati Mukherjee,s Neo Nationalism' and other article at http://www.eng.fju.edu.tw/worldlit/india/mukherjee_nationalism.htm

Oldposts
Can any one suggest translated Bengali fiction,which shows custom of marrying girl child to a tree,after Bengal femine.

Oldposts
Hai friends Iam doin my Ph.D. on bharati mukherjee & i request all those who can let me know about bharati mukherjee it would be a great help to me. Thanks

Oldposts
S.N.Vidyarthini,
I presume that you know surfing if not expert in net,then why donot you help yourself. just type Bharati mukherjee in Yahoo and see the result yourself.there are good number of sites which will answer to your queries.just try MotherJones.com/commentry/columns/1997/01/mukherjee.html and read American Dreamer by B.M
<a name="last"></a>

Querida
4th January 2005, 11:36 PM
i cannot stand Bharati Muhkerjee and her novels....they are purposely crude and sensational and always show indians in a demeaning light...her attempts at capturing characters are pathetic their reasoning unreal..all we see is that she is an advocate of the oh so great 'meting pot' of american culture...

kishore
5th January 2005, 01:57 PM
Bharati Mukherjee writes fiction with indian background in her mind.She narrates the story in different cultural background, this in nutshell is her theme.Indians continue to claim her as Indian writer,and continue to research on her fiction as cross culture or cultural difference in her fiction. God help them to atleast compare her with other writers.

Surya
6th January 2005, 02:12 AM
A freind of mine is a hardcore bharathi mukerjee fan. I've never read her stuff, from what he said, she's supposed to be pretty good. But can see that that's just an opinion. :D

kishore
17th January 2005, 07:53 PM
A new book ,Bharat Mukherjee's Fiction:A Perspective by Sushma
Tandon,Sarup and Sons Delhi 2004,Rs400 has come out. Review is available in Points of View vol xi no 2 winter 2004.

Querida
7th June 2005, 02:51 AM
ok i was zooming thru the library shelves when my eye caught a novel and furthermore one by bharathi mukherjee...i have been really disappointed before by her writing and was wondering whether "The tree bride" is the same deal? How about her acclaimed "Desirable Daughters"?