PDA

View Full Version : IR and theme music

Billgates
18th February 2008, 01:36 PM
[tscii:42e7994134]Right from his 16 Vayadhinile days, IR has set a trend of THEME MUSIC concept . TM plays a key role in a movie. Well, we have 100s of TMs from IR’s kitty. Lets discuss here .
Request hubbers to give video/audio link for everyone to enjoy the delightful TMs of the Maestro.

Johny !! the TM is a mind blowing work by Raja . This one comes to my thoughts immediately. IR’s BGM lifted this movie to a greater extent.
[/tscii:42e7994134]

crvenky
18th February 2008, 03:32 PM
Kizhakku Vassal theme music for Revathi comes to my mind immediately. Nice flute piece played with many variations. Ultimately in the climax, it comes as a playful tone, when Karthik & Revathi join hands together and go.

tvsankar
18th February 2008, 07:50 PM
My pick is

Mullurum malarum - Rajini - Shobha theme music.

and

Thiyagam - Sivaji - Lakshmi - theme music

Pl give me these tunes.... Short but Sweettt...

jaiganes
19th February 2008, 02:40 AM
My little bag of thoughts in PFC on this topic
Music-alias-Ilaiyaraaja (http://passionforcinema.com/music-alias-ilaiyaraja/)

thilak4life
19th February 2008, 09:41 AM
VPJ,

Good start :thumbsup: Wish to read more...

Billgates
19th February 2008, 10:25 AM
VPJ !

Good one !

IMO, Aanpavam too has TM which IR frequently inserts whenever Pandian - Seetha meet & when both engage in isolated thoughts . He reserves it for this couple only !!

app_engine
19th February 2008, 09:20 PM
Kamal's apoorva sahOdhararkaL has a very nice theme music - can be called the "appu" theme. (There are any number of links on the web for this piece and recently YSR/Premji group freely used this in the Ch-28 movie)

Here's one link:
http://maravisham.imeem.com/music/3zRXO6V8/illaiyaraja_apoorva_title/

The interesting part is the application of this theme for a variety of situations (most of them melancholic, though). The title has it when the twins are separated and on their journey, when Appu's oru-thalai-love is shattered in the registrar office and also in the climax.

Some other interesting BGM's are used in this movie as well, notice Raja's comical version of the Bond theme (well, not exactly the same but similar and hence we can call "Bond like") when both Kamals venture into Gauthami's house. (A lovely guitar /drums/ trumpet combo). Recently I watched this movie after a long time (couldn't get the DVD but on a so-so cassette and my 23m old loved it very much).