PDA

View Full Version : T.Rajender's Music

Oldposts
17th February 2008, 01:38 PM
Topic started by Padmanabhan Ganesan (padmanabhang@hotmail.com) (@ igw2.merck.com) on Thu Jun 19 11:27:18 EDT 1997.

Oldposts
I think T.Rajender was one composer who never got any critical recognition for his compositions.

Till Maithili Ennai Kadhali he was a pretty good musician and a lyricist. After that he degenerated into a vulgar moron.

His songs & lyrics for films like Oru Thalai Ragam, some songs of Uyir Ullavarai Usha, Rayil Payanangalil, Kilinjalgal were really good.

He must scored music for about 25 films I think and if you consider that he is a pretty good musician.

Some of my favourite songs :

All songs from Oru Thalai Ragam
Vaigai Kaatre Nillu - U U Usha
Endhan Padalgalil Nee Neelambari - Uravai Katha Kili
Azhaginil Vilaindhadhu - Kilinjalgal
Moongilile Paattisaikkum - ?

Oldposts
I would like to add 'pookkaLai parikkaatheergaL' to his list of good movies.
Also 'ponmaanai naan kaana' from mythili(?) is a very good song.

Oldposts
'moongilile paatisaithu'is from raagam thedum pallavi.

Other good nos i can remember are:

paarkadalil thathalithu naan edutha muthu ondrai
siriyavan parithadhu aen-raagam thedum pallavi(wonderful lyrics)

nalamo ene naan ketten yaaro ennai nee kettai-Vani jairam-Nenjil oru raagam

nenjam paadum pudhiya raagam-nenjil or raagam-Sjanaki and SPB(dhool kilappi irupparu)

Kanneril muzhgum odam naane-mythili ennai
kaadhali-SPB and SJ

Enadhu raagam un kaadhil vizhavillaiya-Oru thayin
sabadham-SJ and KJY

sollama thaane indha manasu thudikkudhu-oru thayin
sabadham-SPB and Chitra

thanga nilave unnai urukki thangachikku thangai nagai senjidavo-SPB-En thangai kalyani

thol meedhu thalatta en thangame nee thoongu - ????-SPB and Chitra

Vizhigal medaiyam imaigal thiraigalaam-SJ and kalyan kumar-Kilinjalgal

and many more

Oldposts
Ramki,
sorry to differ. After the seeing the song "sollaama thaane
manasu thudikkuthu"(huge heart like pieces "lup-tap"-ing
everywhere and totally experssionless hero-heroine
"moving" here and there), I don't like that song.
Except for the lyrics(not great, though), everything
else went bad for the song.

I recall one similar experience in one song in
"Thngaikkor geetham". Intha paattula, "vel pondra
vizhigal"-nu oru line varum. In the picturisation,
nalini kannukitte vel onnai konduvanthu
kaamippaar director. Theatre full-aa claps!
Sirippu control pannave mudiyaathu.

But he has churned out few great songs like

Oru ponmaani naan kaana (who can forget the
beautiful alapana at the start of this song?)
Ithu kuzhanthai paadum thaalaattu

Oldposts
Rajaraman inge namme discuss panradhu only abt his
songs and not the picturisation. Many good songs,not necassirily TRajendars, are badly picturised so andha song cinemale parkkum podhu
nalla rkkadhu but nichyama pattai mathram kettu paaru

Oldposts
Well Ramki.. I have to agree with Rajaram. However great the music is, it is hard not to think of the picturization when you listen to it. Esp. if the movie was as traumatic a experience as any TR movie is bound to be. :-).

Oldposts
I think TR's strength was lyrics until Mythili
Ennaik Kaathali (MEK). I like a few good lines of TR in MEK (in the song "kaNNeeril moozhgum Odam")
"kaambai vittu pOO udirndhaal
meendum adhu pooppathillai..
kathaliththu thOlviyendRaal
meendum angE kaathal illai.."

Oldposts
TRs 2nd movie 'Vasantha Azhaippugal' had
a couple of good songs but I'm not able to recall
them. The cast includes Vijayan, Roopa?(Oru
thalai ragam) Ravinder & Usha (later became
mrs TR).

Oldposts
The song in "vasantha azhaippugaL" is
"vasantha kaalangaL isaindha kolangal", sung by
Jayachandran

Oldposts
'vasantha kaalangal isaindhu paadungal'is from
Rayil payanangalil

one song i can remember in vasantha azhaippugal
is 'adi neela sela karukkaiyile maalai velai...
machan inge vaadi pulle'(Malaysia,SJ)

Oldposts
HAve you all forgotten one other great song by TR - "Indira Logattu Sundari Raathiri" - I think it is in U. Usha and is set to Sri Ragam (or Madhyamaavathi)

Oldposts
I hated the song "thatti parthen kottankuchi" because of T.R's voice. T.R did score some wonderful songs but because of his tasteful dress-sense and attire, I hated to see his movies and songs. :-(

His dappamkuthu song "koodayile karuvaadu, koondhale pookadu"... was a super hit.

Oldposts
Do you guys remember another song of his: 'Endhan
paadalgalil nee neelambari unnai kanamale manam
ula vari' (Uravai kattha kili)? Is it based on
'Neelambari'?

Oldposts
TR, I think, could not have made a name as a Music Dir. without SPB. Many of his dappnguththu and related fast songs were rendered with so much of zeal by SPB. Examples

) thannandhani kaattukkuLLe - en tha kalyaaNi

2) mayil vandhu maattikitta - mythili e kaadhali

3) raakkaala vELaiyilE - -do-

4) ammaadiyO aaththaadiyO - thaayin sabatham

5) nenjam paadum - nenjcil oru raagam

6) pourNami nilavilE - uRavaik kaaththa kiLi

Can you imagine anybody else singing these songs? With due respect to KJY, can you imagine him singing 'raakkaala vELaiyilE'?

- Aravind

Oldposts
revive

Oldposts
Can any one send me list of songs written and
composed by T.Rajendhar.Please specify the songs
with Movie titles.

Oldposts
i really love to see his films and hear the songs from oru thalai ragam upto maithili ennai kathali.
but after this i think his films and songs did not match those earlier songs.

If this message goes to T.Rajendahr
i would like to say something to him:
"Mr.T.Rajendhar i would like to see the films like uyir ulla varai usha and its songs. Will you give us such a virundhu again."

Oldposts
Actually I am only fan of Maestro. Ilayaraja. But still my one of the my considerable Music director. My favourite songs from Oruthalai Rangam to Maithili Enai Kadhali.

Oldposts
how to hear the songs

Oldposts
T.Rajendhar is my favorit music director. Also i love his movies esspecally the new one kadthel azlivathila. Simbo is his sons name and he is so cuet. i love to act with him.

Oldposts
Have anyone The song Enadhu Ganam un kathil Vilavillaya in MP3

Oldposts
Edhavadhu oru pazhaiya thread ai thoandi edukkalaamnu thoanichu. Adhaan hee hee

chumma

Oldposts
I want all of the songs from T. Rajendren

Oldposts
i like t.r music very much
please send his email id (t.r email id)or p no
thank you

Oldposts
sir,
we are searching the audio cassette of the film 'vasantha azhaippugal'(tamil). please mention the website,where we can purchase or download this above film songs or cassette of the music director T.RAJENDER

Oldposts
Hi Friends,

Could you please send the lyrics of all songs in both oru thalai ragam and Rail Payanagalil (Any format - english or Tamil) if you hove to my E-mail id.

I expecting the above asap.

Thx for ur gr8 hlp..

Oldposts
i want TR movie ENASAI MITHILIYE SONGS LYRICS
<a name="last"></a>

Oldposts
17th February 2008, 01:39 PM
Topic started by Shanmugam Murugappan (shaunmugam@yahoo.com) (@ 208.236.83.6) on Wed Dec 30 19:53:32 EST 1998.

Hi,

This thread is to discuss contributions of T.Rajendar, as a MD as well as a lyricist, to TFM.

TR has penned some good lyrics and tuned some good songs like,

"idhu kuzhandhai paadum thaalaattu"

"salangai ittal oru maadhu"

"naan oru raasi illa raja"

Oldposts
Shanmugam,
Vena.... vidunga..

Oldposts
Pari,

Yen appadi solreenga? Inspite of many crazy junk songs of TR like,

"dai dai digiri doi
dai dai digiri doi
kathirikkolu..."

"naan dhaanae little star
aavaen naan super star"

TR has done some good work in films like &#39;oru thalai raagam&#39;.

Have you heard the songs I have listed like &#39;idhu kuzhandhai&#39;? I feel they are quite good and worth discussing.

Oldposts
As an MD, I donno if he has contributed significantly, but am sure he has a unique percussion instrument with which you can easily identify his songs.

He definitely has penned good lyrics for quite a few songs. Few I can recollect now are,

- kuzhandhai paadum
- paarkadalil thathalithu ( Raagam thedum pallavi)
- vasantham aadi vara ( Rayil Payana..)
- thanga nilave unnai.. ( Thangaikor geetham)
- pagalendrum iravendrum..( -do- ). But, you need to forget the female chorus like &#39;jilu jilu&#39; ;-)
- endhan paadalgalil ( Uravai kaatha kili)

Obviously I&#39;ve omitted the junk songs! And, I&#39;m sure he would have spoiled all the above songs in picturization! I mean, he tries to convey each line visually that sometimes it becomes irritating!! And, he does not seem to write such songs nowadays. Let&#39;s wait and see what his next movie has to offer!

Oldposts
Did you guys notice that all his &#39;good&#39; numbers have been from the first few movies of his career. Obviously, THAT says something about the current state of TR&#39;s creativity!

By the way, did you know this??
In one of ARR&#39;s earlier interviews, he had mentioned TR to be one of his influences. I was in fact taken aback!

Neels

THATTI PAARTHEN KOTTANGUCHHI !!!
NALLA PAATTO, TAALAMO, BARBER&#39;O GNYABAGAM VARAMA POCHCHI...

THOOKKI VALARTHA EN ANBU THANGACHCHI!!!

JANANGA THOOKI ERINJITTANGA KANNU KOLAMACCHI!!!

(Shanmugam, please don&#39;t mind my &#39;kindal&#39;)

Oldposts
inspite of TR music&#39;s current state, it has to be acknowledged that his were the only songs that were even heard when IR reigned supreme in TFM and every hit song was from the maestro alone!thats quite something because TR&#39;s music doesn&#39;t have too much of IR shade!

Oldposts
Neels,

Are you sure on this?

In one of ARR&#39;s earlier interviews, he had mentioned TR to be one of his influences. I was in fact taken aback!

ARR is not saying that IR is one of his influences but he says TR is one of his influences. Oh!!! If that is true, then ARR is truly a very great musician. He is able to give quite good music inspite of having TR as his influence. (Just joking).

BTB, Neels, I really enjoyed your "kindal". Please continue posting more like this.

As such, TR has done quite a good job in the early state of his career. As nakkeeran pointed out, they can only be heard and not seen because of the bad picturization.

One thing I like about TR is what neruppu has said. He was not a challenge to IR but still he was also able to give some good songs. In my childhood, I remember "thangaikkoru geetham" songs and "oru thalai ragam" songs being played in all Tea shops. He did a better job than people like SG, CB and others.

Are there any hit songs from TR after he made his son take the lead role in his films?

Have anyone of you heard the songs from his latest film "Monisha en Monalisa"?

Oldposts
It will be another dai..dai..digiridOi

Oldposts
TR gave a classic number with Yesudas in "vaiagaikkarai kaattre nillu". i think for this one alone, he can be forgiven all his sins.

Oldposts
I donno much abt TR as a MD. As a lyricist he has
done a good contribution to TFM (atleast few!!)

Thanneerile meen azhuthal kanneerai than yaar arivar
thanimaiyile nee azhuthal un manathai yaar arivar

2. enathu gaanam un kaathil vizhavillaiya, un nenjai thoda villaiya

Oldposts
Yes! other song i like the most is a great lullaby by TR

3. thol meethu thalatta, en patchakili kann mooda....

nilavai ketta puduchu tharuven maaman
thanga rathame thalelo, thazhamadal thalelo,
muthucharame thalelo, mullaimalare thalelo

good music too!!

Oldposts
Another song with good lyrics

4 kalyaanamthan sorgathule nitchayikka padutham
katcheringa mattum inge nithcayikka padutham
sammatham kekkamale sila sammandham pesaranga,
mangala parkkamale sila maNangala seyyaranga

Oldposts
another romantic song

5. sollamathane intha manasu thudikkuthu..intha manasu thudikkuthu
kannalathan intha kaathal valaruthu..intha kaathal valaruthu

Oldposts
i think some of the good lyrics that TR wrote have become target of mockery owing to his unique perspective about picturising his songs where he tried a bit too much to butress his lyrics with the background sets!( in sollamaththane song,you can see actual heart models, not even the cliched heartin, strutting around.)while all that was a novel idea as far as representation went, it took away the seriousness in the lyrics.but still i think his style of music had a unique orchestration that struck a chord with the masses for sometime and also atleast initially, there was an attempt for quality lyrics.(oru thalai ragam) music indeed was a great reason for the big hits that his movies turned out to be.i&#39;m remembered of KB&#39;s quote(rather intriguing) about TR-"he has reached a height in cinema were we all can only aspire to be".interesting isn&#39;t it?

Oldposts
Though TR wrote some junk songs and picturised the songs in a silly manner, he surely did have some quite good talents in music/lyrics. I wish he just concentrated on story/lyrics/music and let somebody do the direction (atleast acting). He got too confident I think. He is a good example of over-confidence killing somebody.

Of his songs I liked his &#39;vaigai karai kARRE nillu, vanji thanai pArththAl sollu&#39;.

Maybe he should start writing lyrics for IR. IR really needs some good lyrics writers. VM is an ace up ARRs sleeve. A few months ago when I was is in TN everybody was telling me how VM has been a support to ARR. Not to mention directors like ManiRatnam who have sense of aesthetics who can picturise the songs very well.

To do justice to TRs talents (however he made a laughing stock of himself) we should compile a list of his hit songs.

Oldposts
Kiru,
Rather, VM was all set to take revenge on IR,but has been failing consistently.

Oldposts
ARe we going away from the topic!!??

Oldposts
Guess What?

T Rajendar has realised that in order to get some of his investment money back, he has to cater to a wider audience and has gone ahead and dubbed the songs from his new film &#39;Monisha En Monalisa&#39; in Hindi (titled Monisha Meri Dilruba!!!). Last heard, he was going around looking for prospective distributors in Bombay for his film as well as its music, carrying a 100 kg album containing photographs from his &#39;MEGA-SET venture&#39;. Apparently, he has roped in mostly Hindi actors (read flop TV sidees) for the lead roles in the film. Apparently, he hasn&#39;t found any buyers yet.
You&#39;ll never know, he may hit the jack-pot! (Some of the stills that I saw were obscene!)

I have a feeling that if he makes another Oru Thalai Ragam kind of film (low-budget, down-to-earth love story, with some very soft music), he may stage a come back, what with all the KAADHAL films becoming big hits, with their so called &#39;novel&#39; story ideas!!!

He could contribute to TFM by penning some good lyrics for outside productions, as suggested by Kiru.

Oldposts
UV, Re: IR vs VM. Whatever be the differences I feel its a loss to TFM that these two guys are not working together.

Neels, TR did a good job with O T rAgam. TR&#39;s early life is like that of any kid in TN. He tried to screen slide films etc with film stills cut from movie reels. I also did this using a hollowed out bulb filled with water as lens and my light source was a mirror positioned against stones.
But he had the motivation, perseverance to make this dream, kid stuff come true. I will always remember him for this.

But he went nuts over his ability to do direction and umpteen things. People dont understand its all a matter of priorities. You do what you like the best and then count on team work for better overall output.

Oldposts
Kiru(ba),

A small digression

> But he went nuts over his ability to do > direction and umpteen things

More than his direction is his acting.

Oldposts
i felt that even though TR&#39;s quality gradually receded in the eighties he did a good job for other producer&#39;s films. poo poova poothirukku, pookalai parikatheergal(?), irayil payanangalil and some others i can&#39;t remember. other than or thlaai ragam some of his other notable nos.

1. thinam thinam - thangaikor geetham

2. vaigai karai kaatre nillu - uyirullavarai usha?

3. pon maanai - mythili ennai kaathali

4. vaasam sindhum vannach cholai - poo poova poothirukku

5. ammadiyo aathaadiyo- in those days a bi hit from oeu thaayin sabatham. its benn a long time, but i still remember the beats of the songs.

he has degraded rapidly in the 90s. his films were always amateurish, had obscene songs especially with younger unknown pairs( since our man had vowed not to touch any lady even in his screen life except his wife!!), kiddish dialogues
and complete lack of sophistication. his films looked like they were being made for the front benches, especially his films from the 80s.

idhellam poradhu endru avar maganoda adhigaprasangithanamaana acting vera!!

like bhagyaraj has done recently TR also should quit acting and should take up either music or direction perhaps as a full time option.

Oldposts
Vijay,

Enna solreenga? Bhagyaraj actinga vittuttaara? Avar latesta kooda oru padathula Naghma kooda duet paadinaarae (aiyaho... padam peru niyabagam varalayae!!!). Maybe, he has decided to quit acting after the film&#39;s debacle in the box office.

I will prefer TR to take up music instead of direction. He is a better musician than a director.

A small digression again. Avar maganoda attagasam thaanga mudiyalai. Eppadi paadagargalil oru GV.Prakasho adhu maadhiri nadippukku indha Chilambarasan. Also, one of TR&#39;s services to the Thamizh Film Industry is his introduction of Amala.

Maybe TR concentrated on his music in such a way that the songs will boost his son&#39;s image(?!), and that is the reason for the fall of his musical quality.

&#39;Pookkalai Parikkadheergal&#39; had some ok songs like &#39;kaadhal oorvalam angae", "pookkalaidhan parikkaadheenga".

Can anyone list all the good songs from the film "Rayil Payanangalil"?

Oldposts
Vasantha Kaalangal Isaindu Paadungal

is the only song in the film (IMO) that&#39;s quite listenable. It was sung by JayaChandran (if I remember correctly, it also had a PS version).
It used to remind me of a song in a similar genre, "Manjolai Kili dano" from Kizhakke Pogum Rayil, though the tunes had no similarity.

Oldposts
How about,

1. moongilae... paatisaikkum kaatralayai thoodu vitaen
2. vizhigal medayam, imaigal thiraigalaam, kaadhal naadagam arangil aerudhaam..

Oldposts
pae! those are the two beautiful song!!
How aout

Maalai enai vattuthu mana naalai manam theduthu from pookkalai parkkatheergal!!

Oldposts
Shunmugam
from the movie &#39; Rayil Payanangalil&#39;

1. vasantha Kalangal Asainthu Padungal (jayachandran)
2.Vasantham Paadivara Vaigai Odivara (SPB)
3.------do--------------(SJ)
4.Amaithiku Peyar thaan Santhi(TMS)
5.Noolum illai Valum illai Vaanil Pattam viduvena(TMS)
still 2 more songs in that movie i forget those.

Oldposts
Hi,

I remember one good song from the movie "Oru Thalai Raagam" rendered well by KJY.

"kadavul vaazhum koyililae karpoora dheepam
kallai izhandha maadathilae muraari raagam
oru thalai raagam endha vagayinil..."

Hey, after going through this thread, I am able to find a lot of good TR songs. It is very unfortunate that this man was the one who gave a lot of junk songs inspite of being a good lyricist as well as an average MD. I think this guy is ok - he is trying to give original tunes - when compared to a lot other MDs who involve in "cut-and-paste" activities.

Oldposts
Hi,

Is that "Kadavul vaazhum..." song (Film : "Oru Thalai Raagam") rendered by KJY or JC?

Oldposts
"kaduvul vaazhum" by JC

Oldposts
Hi guys!

I used to like TR&#39;s songs. Not that I jumped for his songs but I used to just listen if something comes on the radio.

I used to feel his songs (when they are good) had continuity from one stanza to another which I very much expect in a song and which I mostly found missing in IR&#39;s music especially in the 80&#39;s. (Except a very few films).

I think he was a major influence for the success of &#39;PookkaLaipp ParikkaadheergaL&#39; because the songs were very much in tune with the movie.

Some of TR&#39;s songs which I like:

1. Vaasamilla Malaridhu.(Oru Thalai Raagam) - I like this song just for SPB&#39;s college boy&#39;s voice!
2. Chinna Chinna Kanna (Kilinjalgal).
3. Vizhigal Medaiyaam (Kilinjalgal).
4. Adiye Vanitha Inge Vaadi (a very different song in those days - sung by PS, SJ and SPB in
the film &#39;Pookkalaithaan Parikkaadheergal&#39;).
5. Adi Ammaadi Chinna Ponnu (same film as above).
6. Indira Logathu Sundari Rathiri - pidikkave pidikkaamal irundhu piragu piditha song.
7. Erikk Karai Kathe Nillu - film marandhu pochu.
8. Pillainga Peruladhaan Thanga Vayiram Irukkudhu - I like this song just because PS sings it.
9. A song by I think SJ in Nenjil Oru Raagam.

Thanks.

Oldposts
Karthi,

No. 7 should read "Vaigai Karai Kaathe Nillu"
Singer: Yesudas; Film: Uyirullavarai Usha

Neels

Oldposts
Karthi,

Unga listla song no.8 enna padam?

Oldposts
I think &#39;Oru thaayin Sabathamm&#39;

correct &#39;a&#39; karthi

Oldposts
My TR favourites.

1. Aazhkadalil ThathaLithu (great tune, great singing by SPB)
2. Moongilile (same reasons as above)
3. Deva Logam Azhaithaalum (SJ & chorus) . One of the very best of TR. The song oozes romance.

Song 1. had the foll. lines.
Karaippol Kathirunthen
Nadhiyai Ethirparthirunthen
Kadhai maaridave Karai veru KandaaL
Kaala ALaigaLudan puthu karayaiKkandaaL
Athu Yen...

SPB -ai patri sollava vendum. Antha "Yen"-ai neetti muzhakki , Dhool , esp when the song ends.
A very talented artiste with a twisted mind.

Oldposts
Neils,

Thanks.

Shan, selvan,

Theriyalaye?

Sriram,

I&#39;m sorry naa andha 1st paattu ketta madhiriye illa. Adha paadinaale enakku &#39;Moongilile&#39; madhiridhaan paada varudhu. I didn&#39;t know &#39;Moongilile&#39; was by TR. Nice song.

Oldposts
kaarthi, selvan: regarding, &#39;piLLainga pErula thaan thangam vairam irukkuthu&#39; (possibly) frm &#39;oru thaayin sabatham&#39;, is it really by PS? I somehow remember of having seen a name "vidya" or "shri vidya" in the singers list of &#39;oru thaayin sabatham&#39;???

Oldposts
TR was just next to IR in TFM in 80s
no doubt.

Oldposts
Kumar,
TR was next to IR in TFM in 80s ? Well, then IR occupied the first 20 places and TR must have been the 21st !

Oldposts
As a poet, T.Rajendar is the king of unrequited love in TFM. His songs effulged grief with overwhelming polarities and abundant irony—just listen to Idhu Kuzhandai Paadum Thaalaattu, Kurudaana Kavingyanukku, Megamthaan Idhil Mazhaiyae Illai. Compared to TR&#39;s romantic grandiloquence (amudham endra sollai aaraaichi seivatharkku avaniyil avalae avadhaaram; aval mugavadivai manam paarththapinnae andha pournamiyai avan rasippadhillai), VM&#39;s forlorn lyrics come off as adolescent exaggeration.

TR showed a healthy indulgence in word play (IdhazhkaL oorumadi, idhazh kaL oorumadi) that was frowned upon by listeners used to Kannadhaasan&#39;s mature subtlety. But anyone relishing in his craft gets my respect. Listen to the many spins on the word "Shanthi" in "Amaidhikku peyardhaan shanthi". While his high profile hits were mostly sad songs, his happy melodies had some great poetry in them—vasandha kaalangal isaindhu paadungal, vizhigal medaiyaam imaigal thiraigalaam, indhira loagaththu sundari all had some great imagery.

As a musician, he charmed us with simple light music (nenjam paadum pudhiya raagam), catchy folk tunes (adi neelach chelai ravikkayila) and occasional classical ones (oru ponmaanai naan kaana). Though he has always had a core group that followed his stuff, musically or lyrically the media never gave him the respect he deserved. Kumudham used to refer to him as Karadi Raajendar, as if Vaali and Kannadhaasan were handsome men, as if it ever mattered how a poet looked. "Nenjil Oru Raagam" remains one of those grossly overlooked soundtracks in TFM. "Rail Payanangalil" got a lot of airplay for it&#39;s worst song, "Ada Yaaro" but every other song in it was good. "Oru Thalai Raagam" is unquestionably a milestone in TFM history.

Neels,
It doesn&#39;t surprise me that ARR is a fan of TR. Have you listened to "Moham vandhu thaagam vandhu ennai azhaikka" SPB brings down the house with this hip-hop delight. I feel this and other fast songs like "Unnaiththaanae Azhaikkiraen" by SJ were way ahead of their time and were precursors for the fast tunes by ARR, Vidhyasaagar, and Yuvan Shankar Raja.

As Rail Payanangalil has many doubts surrounding it, let me list the soundtrack information:
1) Vasandha Kaalangal—P.Jeyachandran chorus
2) Vasandham Aadi Vara—S.Janagi
3) Noolumillai Vaalumillai—TMS
4) Vasandham Aadi Vara—SPB
5) Ada Yaro—SPB
6) Amaidhikku Peyardhaan Shanthi-TMS

It&#39;s easy to deride TR on his failures, but his accomplishments stand tall.

Oldposts
Udhaya,

Well written. Very good points. I really get pissed off when magazines like "Kumudham", "Vaaramalar", etc. call him &#39;karadi&#39;, &#39;achimachi director&#39;, etc. He is a very good lyricist but, unfortunately, he does not write lyrics for other MDs. It is unfortunate that many people remember TR only for songs like &#39;cut adippom cut adippom collegeukku&#39;, &#39;daidai digiridoi&#39;, etc while his gems are overlooked.

Oldposts
TR,
a person who grewup learning from the grass root, who can to do various things,
he is one among few MDs who gave Original music,
as far as i know he never lifted,
all were his original scores and he had a unique style, we can guess that it is TR&#39;s song.

I have met him few times in TNagar, very easy person to approach and we can discuss with him on any subject, he will talk in your wavelength.
,A honest artist

Oldposts
adding to the above,
In my collage days, our band has won first prize many times for his song... vasamilatha malaridhu...

Oldposts
SM,
Same sentiment here. Either he should write lyrics for other MDs or he should MD+lyric writing.
Its a pity he does not seem to be contributing to TFM anymore.
Udhaya, well-written. TR has been a very good influence. I enjoyed his songs those days. Probably will even now.
As a lover of the music by IR, I wish he would ask TR to write lyrics for him, as I like the poetry of TR.

Oldposts
My posting is not about TR&#39;s music. It is about his dialogs. I would watch his movie just to listen to his Tamil and the word games. It is like watching old movies where heaviness of the script was very important.

Oldposts
TR had qualitative achievements, no doubt on that (I have even said somewhere that ARR is a refined TR, esp. on use of percussion that is very different from IR&#39;s approach), but he (like ARR) had limited stuff which probably got exhausted in 10 or 15 films... his later contributions were not very imaginative, often repetitive, IMO!

His best, according to me, are
1. vasantha kAlangaL (Rayil payanangalil)
2. vAsamilla malaridhu (OT rAgam -could have avoided the repetition in interludes)
3. vizhikaL mEdaiyAm (kiLinjalkal)
4. indhira lOgaththu sundari (U Usha)
5. vaigaikarai katrE nillu (U Usha)
6. idhu kuzhandhai pAdum (OT rAgam)
7. indha malliga manasa (film&#39;s name forgotten..SJ sings energetically)

Oldposts
And there was this song from one of the Sivaji films in late 80s (co *ed by Sathyaraj), Sivaji acting as a Father, good music by our TR.

Devan Kovil Deepame, pAvam indha jeevane,
kazhuvai yetru nee siluvai sumakkiray,
undhan vazhiyil nAnum nadakkirEn.
ThattungaL thirakkappadum, kElungaL kodukkappadum
pAvangal mannikkappadum

Can somebody tell me the movie name?

Oldposts
Venkatesh,

The name of the movie is "MuthukkaL Moondru".

Oldposts
Thanks SM:-)

Oldposts
i think the following lines were penned by TR. anybody know what song/film the lines appeared?

"taNNIrukkuL mInazutAl kaNNIrinai yAraRivAr".

Oldposts
this is from mythili ennai kadhali

Oldposts
I think TR scored for another movie Pookkalai parikkadhir or something. Also Koolikkaaran was also tuned by TR

Oldposts
....also the harish starrer pookal vidum thoothu

Oldposts
Kathiravanai paarthu kaalai vidum thoothu
vandugalai paarthu pookal vidum thoothu.

Moongil kaatroram kuzhalin naatham naan ketaen
mugilin oorholam vaanil nitham naan paarkiren

are couple of good numbers in Pookal vidum thoothu.

Oldposts
Who were the hero/heroine in "PookkaL vidum thoodhu"? I remember the song "moongil kaatroram" by SPB but I don&#39;t remember the actors.

Oldposts
prakash,

thanks.

Oldposts
SM

The heroine was Monisha (no more now), who also acted in Unnai Nenachen Paattu Padichen. I don&#39;t remember the hero.

Oldposts
Venkatesh,

Thanks. I just saw the posting by pvd and it seems like the hero is Harish.

Oldposts
Anotherfrom TR, moongililae pattu isaithu from raagam thedum pallavi

Another film by TR - Poo poova poothirukku.
has the song vaasam veesum vanna solai by VJ * SPB

Oldposts
I am looking for two songs composed by T.Rajendar, both from the same film I guess. They are
1. Azhkadalil thathaLithu
2. mUngililE
I got to this thread through a google search. Those two lovely songs, to my surprise, have hardly been mentioned in this thread. T.Rajendar was certainly a minor influence who cannot be ignored despite his later buffoonery. I would appreciate if someone would let me know which film those songs are from and if they are available anywhere in the web.

Oldposts
my favourite is idhu kuzhandai padum thalattu..what is the ragam behind that song?

Oldposts
Vishvesh:

They are from &#39;nenjil oru raagam&#39;. Both are really nice songs.

Oldposts
Vishvesh:

Sorry. Both are from &#39;ragam thEdum pallavi&#39;.

Oldposts
Vaasa Sindhum Vanna Solai from Poo poova poothiruku is by Mano+VJ

Oldposts
Vishvesh ;

I will let you know about "Azhkadalil thathaLithu " some time this week, cos I got the song at home, but I am very eager to watch the film, in which "mUngililE " song featured, superbly rendered by the greatest SPB!!!

Oldposts
TR has composed and written some really awesome songs.

ithu kuzhandai paadum thalattu (from oru thalai raagam) - one of the best songs dealing with unrequited love, even my wife (one of the &#39;modern&#39; types who grew up listening to ARR) fell in love with the song after I explained the lyrics to her.

moongil kaatoram kuzhalin naatham - exquisite lyrics, plus the song&#39;s tempo gives me such an exhilarated feeling each time I listen to it. The only other song that I can remember giving me a similar feeling is thamarai kodi tharaiyil vanthatheppadi by IR.

It is really sad that the quality of his later offerings went from bad to worse to such an extent that now he is just a subject of ridicule. To me he is an enigma. I find it hard to believe that a person who gave such class music like the ones I have mentioned was also capable of giving such crass later on. My theory is that his creative self has a kind of Jekyl and Hyde personality and after years of struggle the gross part took over and the class part just died.

Oldposts
very true, tigger, after listening to `vasantha kAlangaL, isaindhu pAdungaL&#39;, anyone will rate him very high, classy. But then he started acting, writing dialogues like `machi,bachi&#39; etc. entered politics calling opponents filthy names...finally reduced himself to a laughing stock...

How one can lose focus and become close to kuppai -TR is an example

Oldposts
TR&#39;s classical lyrics are really great. "Ithaz(kall) ooridumo". So many good songs. Machi Bachi songs are also there, I agree. We wont under rate SJ for singing silk smitha&#39;s mukal munahal songs. They can do that also.

Oldposts
TR has just touched our hearts when he narrated his past remarkable success story of his life in a live telecast by Vijay TV (Kadhiyalla Nijam) on 8th Oct.2002. No doubt, TR as a personality has greater vision and ambitions in life and behind his successful story,one can notice his tireless efforts and hardwork to reach his goal. I am proud to say that I also belong to his same native place of Mayiladuthurai.Vazhga Valamudan.

Oldposts
And how should one forget his song "oru pon maanai" wherein he given an occasion to SP Subraamanyam to show a glimpse of his vocl prowess?????

Oldposts
And how should one forget his song "oru pon maanai" wherein he given an occasion to SP Subraamanyam to show a glimpse of his vocl prowess?????

Oldposts
i too watched that programme.it is emotional,his son simbu also became emotional.iam a student of annamalai univ.there,in the E1hostel still there is a banyan tree known as T.R maram.because under that tree only he writes poem,stories etc.
i can say TR is a wonderful lyricyst.i love his song "sollaama thaane indha manasu thudikkudhu"if possible see that lyrics yoy will love it.

Oldposts
T R Simbu in April Maathathilae

Oldposts
I too watched the program. Touched my heart. I always considered TR a good knowledgable man. I feel that he talks too much and the reason could be that he feels no body has given him the due recongnition.

After the prog, I would like to know more about him.

Oldposts
What raagam is &#39;Moongil Katroram Kuzhalin Naadam Naan Ketkiren&#39; Can anybody please explain me ????

Oldposts
What raagam is &#39;Moongil Katroram Kuzhalin Naadam Naan Ketkiren&#39; Can anybody please explain me ????

Oldposts
how bout...
Thatti parthen kottangkuchi....
taalamm vathate pattengachi...
tukki valarthe ...anbu thangachi...
[something....something]

Nerd
7th May 2008, 09:26 AM
Thanks RR!

Does anyone have a link to download en paadalgaLil nee neelaambari from uRavai kAtha kiLi ??

kokarako
7th May 2008, 04:25 PM
Nerd,
Your song is available here:
http://music.cooltoad.com/music/song.php?id=62220

Lyrics:
http://thiraipaadal.com/Lyrics.asp?lyrid=301&sngid=SNGTRR0040

Nerd
8th May 2008, 07:39 AM
Thank you kokarako!