PDA

View Full Version : Yeithoa Ninaivugal - Memories of Another Day

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Oldposts
17th February 2008, 12:54 PM
Raj,

Thanks, u mean to say, that the lady version of 'Nee Varuvai ena naan irunthen' is by kalyani menon, the male singer being PJ.

Oldposts
I think Kalyani Menon also sang the title song(?)

karunai kadale kadavuL vadive
aadhi paramporuL annaye

from the movie 'Annai'
Directed by: Manobala
Music : Dina(?)
Cast: Bhanupriya, Nassar

Oldposts
I think Kalayani Menon was one of the four singers in the song 'sevvAnamE, pon mEghamE' (I think the film is nalladhoru kudumbam...)

Is she the one on screen in the recording theatre for 'maNiyOsai kEttu ezhundhu' in payaNangaL mudivadhillai with mOhan...? my classmate used to tell so...

Oldposts
dear all,

pls post your comments here

http://tfmpage.com/forum/26785.11.25.59.html

Oldposts
Many many years ago I heard the following number by MSV, sung by himself (?). Wonder what movie it is. Sara, any pointers? :) Unfortunately, I only remember the opening line!

Yaaro oruthi ezhudugiraL

Oldposts
It's been so many years that I often confuse the above one with the following one!

Thaane thanakkul rasikkindraL
thalai muzhugaamal irukkindraL
Maane enaaku theriyaadha
magan vara povadhu puriyadha

Muthuraman describes his euphoria indirectly in the number above. Music by MSV?

Oldposts
M4E, 'Yaaro oruthi ezhudhugiraL' is from Anbulla Athaan (1981/ Metha Movies) sung by Sivaji Raja (who later composed music for the film Katrukkenna Veli). Music by MSV.

'Thaane Thankkul' is also by MSV. From Perum Pugazhum (1976/Vidya Movies)

Oldposts
Thanks, Saravanan.

Oldposts
while driving down from agra this sunday one thing led to another and- as regulars here know not having a stereo system in my vehicle!- I started singing the opening lines of the six songs of deivam.
1. naadariyum noorumalai - P M (swamimalai)
2 marudamalai maamaniye - M somu ( marudamalai)
3 thiruchenduril porpurindhu - R J ( thiruthani)
4 kunrathille kumaranukku - B ramaniammal ( thiruparangunram)
5 thiruchendurin kadalorathil - TMS SG ( Thiruchendur)
But when i tried to round it off with the song for pazhani i ended up a cropper. My wife was of no help to me. the more i tried the more my mind went blank- words kavadi, ratham etc bounced off. I was not unduly worried i thought i had the songs somewhere . a quick search proved futile.
I let it pass.
i was confident it would come back and for the next four days forgot about it. Come friday the song- or the absence of it- has come to haunt me. so pls put me out of my agony please.
saravanan et al i was so embarrased that i even did a google search right here in TFM on deivam, devarin deivam with mixed results. many other films and songs were discovered..recovered but i am up a stone wall.

Oldposts
Yaamirikka Bayamen?

varuvaandi tharuvaandi malaiyaandi--Pazhani malaiyaandi :)

(Soolamangalam Rajalakshmi/M.R.Vijaya)

Oldposts
OH Sara, u were a trifle quick :((. For once, I wanted to GIVE OUT THE ANSWER AND bask in some (alpa) glory.
K, Tell me from which movie is this VJ SONG
"Ammaadi konja neram konja vendum odi vaa....."
I esp like the way Vani drawls out in a laidback, coyish manner. I know MSV is the MD

Oldposts
Mythila :))

'Ammadi konja neram'- Deviyin Thirumanam (1977/ Shanthi Chitra). Another great song from the same film- 'Sridevi varam ketkiraal' (PS/VJ)

Oldposts
saravanan,
yes especially as the songs were all dedicated to you !
thanks once again ! the relief is palpable! but for the man who got babu maharaja's song this is jujubi

Oldposts
vengayam: All six songs are available in MIO!

Oldposts
I admit Saravanan's delectable prose depicting the beauty and brilliance of this number should have put to cessation any further ecstatic ramblings. Indeed, further elucidation is totally superfluous. However, I must succinctly state that this song is among TFM's very best! Absolutely top-drawer stuff. A ridiculously melodious number. Hats off GKV.

ThEn sindhudae vaanam
unai enai thallatudhe
mEgangalE tharum raagangalE
EnnaLum vaazhga.
<a name="last"></a>

sivaramakrishnanG
21st March 2008, 10:17 PM
Meendum uyir kodukkappattirukkum intha pahuthiyai 3 naatkalil muzhuvathumaaga padithu paarthu rasithaen.

Iniya paadalkal aeraalamaaga ulaa vanthirukkirathu!

Arumai.

Aanaal sila paadalkal patriya kaelvikalukku vidaikal kodukkapadavillayae?
(e.g)
page17-
Madhu kadalO maragatha maNiyO
Madhan vidum kaNayO....
Intha paadal idampetra padam-KUMARIP PENNIN ULLATHILE
mUTHU LINGAthin paadalai Yesudoss udan Janaki paadiyullar.

page 32-
Kadalil alaikal pongum- aanaal
..Intha paadalai patri sollumpOthu Saravanan avargal KAVIGNARMARUTHAKASI iruthi naatkalil yezhuthia paadal endru kuripittu irunthaar.
Aanaa Magarantham padathirkkaaha ilakkiya tharam vaayntha intha paadalai yezhuthiyavar

Intha pachaikilikkoru sevvanthi poovil....paadalai kodutha Pulavar PULAMAI PITHAN avargalaahum.