PDA

View Full Version : Old Songs

Oldposts
3rd November 2004, 06:33 PM
Topic started by TFM Group (admin@tfmpage.com) on Tue Jan 27 15:47:28 EST 1998.
<font size="-1">All times in EDT/EST +9:30/10:30 for IST.</font>

Oldposts
Old responses (http://tfmpage.com/forum/13251.oldsongs.html)

Oldposts
Which movie is the following song from?

vaazhkai odam, odam vendum, senru karai sera vendum? sung by TMS and P Leela. And its MD? Is it G Ramanathan?

And who is the MD of the film 'Dr Savitri" in which a superb song by Leela goes like this....
...senthamizh geetham ezhuvathu kuralale, innisai pongum madurasa naadam milirvathu viralale'. A piano song.

Oldposts
Music for the Tamil movie "Dr. Savithri" composed by G Ramanathan. Indeed, P Leela did justice to that song.

Oldposts
"Ennai Eduthu Thannai Koduthu..Ponavan Ponandi" from the movie "Padagotti", this is absolutely one of my favorites, from the time I heard the original track pyramiding Smt. Susheela's voice. That intro is something. I would call it her signature piece. She showed us what we expected of her, dramatizing the florid passages in that divine voice of hers or simply gave it her personal touch. The subtle rhythm and sophisticated tonal controls delivered an musical ambience in an unusual way. It is a puritan classic.

Her voice is huge and gigantic but with amazing flexibility supported by exquisite VR's musical patterns. It is a force of nature capable of performing the most mind-boggling like coloratura (should I admit on par with Joan Sutherland's rendition of Vincenzo Bellini's "Norma" or "Son vergin vezzosa" from "I Puritani"). Only Susheela's voice and her very secure technique can sing very demanding piece.

She meets the high note requirements easily and seems extremely aggressive. Here, the diva shakes off all here jealous critics that she is the only real dramatic mezzo soprano out there and set the standard for a masterpiece.

To ask for more expressive power would be missing the point; that is not what this rendition is about. It is perfectly chosen to display the best qualities of Susheela's voice at its peak.

She sang in very high tessituras (an operatic term) and managed to make every word comprehensible (unlike the current crop). It was spectacular in their regularity and precision and had very accurate pitch but at the same time more poignant. Smt. Susheela makes the listener aware that she is aware of every word she sings and every one of them brims with dramatic meaning at strident high notes (seems to me she has Montesarrat Caballe's platinum overtones at some finishing edges).

The orchestra of VR is competent (likened it to Dvorak's arrangement for Largo) against the background of Susheela's serene expressiveness and warm acoustics as she redeems the song. She gave us the real thing.

Oldposts
Can anyone tell me the MD of the film 'Naane Raja" in which TMS sings this superb song .....
'mandamarudam tazhum, chandran vaanile thigazhum'.
Is it G Ramanathan? And can anyone give me a link to another superb TMS song from 'Kalyanikku Kalyanam' - Unnai Ninaikkiyile - It reminds me of the MSS song penned by Kalki Krishnamurthy 'Maalai Pozhudinile oru naal'.

Oldposts
The TMS song in 'Naane Raja' shld read as ' Mandamarudam Tavazhum'....

Oldposts
Hi

Oldposts
The song which i feel is better than the one quoted by u goes like this, also by PS, 'ore raagam, ore taalam'. it has PS at her lilting best, and the BGM is out of this world, esp the flute

Oldposts
S Ramaswami- Thanks for recalling ‘Manthamaarutham thavazhum, Chandiran vaanilae thigazhum, indha velaiyae inbamae, egaanthamaana intha velaiyae inbamae’- a great song by TMS from the film Naanae Raja. How attractively he brings the intoxicated mood with his tipsy ‘lalala’ humming with those hiccups being the speed breakers placed so imaginatively throughout the song!

Kalpana Pictures’ Naanae Raja-1956 had music by TR Ramanathan. He was the veenai player in SV Venkataraman’s team. Naanae Raja was the only film for which he composed music.

The film stg. Sivaji Ganesan, had screenplay and dialogues by Kannadasan.

All the songs composed by TR Ramanathan were good. Besides ‘Manthamaarutham thavazhum’ some other songs that I remember from Naanae Raja are:

Sindhu paadum thendral vandhu inbam ponga veesuthaey-VN Sundaram-P Leela
Aadhiandham ilaatha jothiyae-TMS
Maalai sooduvaen magizhvaai aaduvaen. Solai kuyil polavae geetham paaduvaen-Jikki
Andhi vaanam meedhilae vandhu pogum megamae-P Leela
Aanaimugan thambi aarumugam-TMS-SC Krishnan
Aadal kalaikku azhagu-P Leela, with perhaps (Radha)Jayalakshmi
Pon meni kaati unnai inbathil aatuvaan-Jikki
Thunbam yaavum vaazhvilae-P Leela

Oldposts
Hi Saravanan,

Tks for your info. Aadiandham illay aruljothiye is another great song, though I honestly didn't know it is from 'Nane Raaja'. In an earlier e-mail in a different section of the forum I had wrongly mentioned the 'Manohara' duet to have been sung by TL and APKomala, Tks for the correction. And where should I browse to listen to the 'Nane Raja' songs listed by u. I don't recall the other songs. Should be good going by the two sung by TMS with gusto.

Tks once again

Oldposts
Hi Saravanan,

I had in an earlier posting asked abt this great song by TMS, one of my all-time favourites, going as 'Unnai Ninaikiyile' in 'Kalyanikku Kalyanam'. It's one of the outstanding, but rarely heard, gems by TMS. I have seen in another posting abt MDs of various movies that the MD for this movie is the legendary GR. Could u throw some more light on this piece and any other songs from the same movie. And where do I browse to hear these songs? Would be extremely grateful if u could help me out.

Oldposts
plz. give me list of old and new mix song

Oldposts
plz. give me list of old and new mix song

Oldposts
Hi If any one know is there a thread started for Ghantasala songs in TFMpages?

I am looking for a very old song, and the tune is in the tip of my toung but the words are hardly comming

It goes like
o thyagatha bothi raja ennai kooti chelum paathayile
naane ore anathai
neethi illaathe ulagey, saagamal saagireney

it must be a 50s song if not earlier
It is also in Hindi sung by Lata Mangeshkar
Any Idea

Oldposts
For the last one week this song has been bugging me; my only hope is this forum.

I dont remember the beginning of the song (or the middle of the song for that matter) perfectly. A woman singer is singing this and the snatch I kind of remember goes something like...

"Minnal Pola Oru Kann-n-al"

Switches to dialog and says:

Ah Neengala?

Man: Aam Nanethan - some dialog about she cheated him and he is back to punish her. I think a whip can be heard too. And he ends with an exhortation to keep dancing.

The song continues

"Minnal Pola Oru Kannal...
.... Inbam Tharai"

After Inbam Tharai, I think the pallavi comes again with some words like "Adanale.. Madana Nee.."

Help!!

Oldposts
rpg,
I think the song you are referring to is by T.A.Mothi in the movie `Vaanaratham'. It starts something like "Oh thiyaga aasai kari unnai kooti chellum paathai". The movie is a dubbed version of Hindi `Uran Katola'.

Boori,
I am pretty sure, you are talking about `M(V?)adhana ezhil raja nee vaarayo' from `Chella Pillai'. It is sung by Jikki with dialogue by K.R.Ramasamy. Try the last song from this link:
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/l/030B10

Oldposts
a.a., thanks a bunch! That one was like a bone struck in my throat. I couldn't get it out of my mind!

I can recognize Balaiah's voice too in that song...

Oldposts
a.a., thanks a bunch! That one was like a bone struck in my throat. I couldn't get it out of my mind!

I can recognize Balaiah's voice too in that song...

Oldposts
looking for "freckles and polywog days" by ferlin husky, circa 1975. anybody??????????

Oldposts
looking for an album called "best of faron young, vol. 2" mercury 1977. would like to have it on cd.???????????????????

Oldposts
looking for name of song and artist: words are like this: well, me and my wife and my dog named nasty were headed to houston from up in nebrasky. gettin kinda cool up there for a man like me....we just pulled into a town called llano, texas, and went in a bar called the oposite sexes, been drivin all day and ready for a little nip. any ideas??????????around 1975-78?????

Oldposts
pls. can anyone tell me from which movie the following song is:
vaanil oru madhiyai kandEn
vanathiloru oru pennai kandEn.

Oldposts
pls. can anyone tell me from which movie the following song is:
vaanil oru madhiyai kandEn
vanathiloru oru pennai kandEn.

Oldposts
Hi Prabha,

The song is from the film 'Sivagami' and sung beautifully by TMs

Oldposts
thank u ramasamy. who was in the leading role?

Oldposts
a. a. Many thanks to you! I think you hit on the dot on this one. Would this song be available in CD or cassette form to be purchase in Tamil Nadu? If so where would it be? I am not from Tamil Nadu but plan to visit next month.
Anyones input is much appreciated

Thanks
RPG

Oldposts
Rpg,
You are welcome! I have no clue about the availability in Tamil Nad, because I am not from India. As far as I know, `Vanaratham' CD or audio cassette is not available anywhere in North America. However I did have this particular song `Oh Thyaga Aasaikari' which I uploaded in the following link:
http://web.music.coolgoose.com/go/song?id=68030 (http://web.music.coolgoose.com/go/song?id=68030
)

Oldposts
Hi

Could you please tell me the film name of this TMS song " chinna kuzhanthai vizhikaliley theivam vanthu sirikkithamma"

Thanks and Regards

Oldposts
Hello every one!

There are couple of songs that I am looking for and one of which seems a popular topic in TFMs;
"Karpanaikku Meini Thanthu Kaalsalangai Poattu Vittean" in Paattum Bharathamum
I would like to listen to this song or even buy the CD if I can from some place.

The other is I believe a Kamal and Shoba movie by Balu Mahendra titled "Kokila" that is possibly dubbed from Kannadam with the same name in Tamil too.
And the song goes "kaala magal medai naadagam" and is sung by KJ Yesudas and a female voice.
I may be totally wrong here!! You inputs are well come, and a link to hear this would be a bonus.

Many thanks to forum regulars

RPG

Oldposts
Hi SK,

Can u tell me the name of the film from which the following song, sung by TMS I think, has come from:

'Penne Pudumalare, Pongi varum Kaviriye'.....

Can u upload the same too.

Oldposts
Hi a. a.

It is very nice of you to upload that song for me. "Oh Thyaga Aasaikari" Yes it is the song and I loved it. Many thanks again for your nice gesture. I have posted another request and if you have any idea about it please feel free to direct me.

Thanks

RPG

Oldposts
Hi! I hope there is someone who knows the words to the old song Sonny Boy. My grandmother sang it to my brother and I would like to sing it to my grandson.
Thanks,PJS

Oldposts
Sorry!that e-mail address is PatriciaJStewart@aol.com I hope my errors will get me more attention.

Oldposts
I managed to see the movie Dheivam yesterday. The songs were nice. Anyone know who sang "Kunratthile Kumaranukku Kondattam"? Is that Bangalore Ramani Ammal? Did the Soolamangalam sisters sing "Thiruchenduril Por Purindhu"? Who sang "Varuvandi Tharuvandi Malaiyandi"? Has Bangalore Ramani Ammal, Madurai Somu, and Pitthukkuli Murugadas sang any other songs in movies?

Who was the music director for this movie? Was it Kunnakkudi Vaidyanathan? Anybody know who wrote the songs?

As far as I remember, Marudha Malai is not one of the "Arupadai veedu". The movie showed only 6 temples. I think Pazhamudir Solai was not shown. Does anyone know whether this was not in the original movie or the CD guy just cut that off?

Oldposts
Bhoori:

The MD for Deivam was Kunnakudi Vaidyanathan.

Oldposts
I would like to have the notes for the song katrinalae varum geetham from meera

Oldposts
Bhoori: The songs from Deivam are available in MIO with the singers identified.

Oldposts
Thanks, Raj! I don't know what is MIO, though. Can you pl. elaborate?

Oldposts
On a very different context: Does anyone know who wrote the prayer "Yeru Mayil Eri Vilaiyadum Mugam Ondru". I am guessing Arunagirinathar as there is a reference to Thiruvannamalai in the song.

Oldposts
Bhoori:

MIO = MusicIndiaOnline

Oldposts
I am not able to recolect the author of that song. Instead I am pleased to tell you that was the song Chinnathayi Ammaal (Ilayaraja's Mother) used to sing at tempple festivals. This was the song that became Maanguyile Poonguyile Seithi Onnu Kelu in Karakaattakkaran. IR composed to the tune, only to realise later he was influenced by his mother's tune.

Oldposts
Bhoori: Yeru mayil is Thiruppugazh by Arunagirinathar. The song is generally taught in elementary or middle schools.

Oldposts
Manisegaran: Thanks for bringing in a TFM connection for my question about "Yeru Mayileri". :-) Same meter (very similar tune too) can be recognized in "Ratthiriyil Pootthirukkum Thamaraidhan Kanno" in Thanga Magan.

Oldposts
Boori,

yes that song was also pointed out by G Amaran.

manisekaran

Oldposts
Hi Guys,

I got some Seergali Govindharaajan Songs. Please lemme know if you could spot out the movie and MD

1. Malarnthidum Inbam Vaanam (Duet - I donno the female singer)
2. Nalla Manaivi Nalla Pillai
3. Thattu Thadumaari Ullam (with P Susheela, some SSR movie??)

Thanks

Oldposts
Hi,

I am looking for some details on Veteran malayalam film music director m.k.arjunan.

Could someone please send me a list of films for which mkarjunan was the music director? It would be a grathelp!!!! Thank You!!!

Anil

Oldposts
Hello !
Please can someone tell me which film this song is (released in 1985?1986/ Karthik's film?) Starts as "Thevathai ilamaini oorai chuttrum rani kathali kenne kanavillaiya. oo neeyillamal naana!.. enthanathu kallaraiyil veroruvam thoonguvatha, vithyenpatha sathiyenpatha.."
I am desperate to purchase this film for someone special.Many many thanks. Rajini

Oldposts
Hello !
Please can someone tell me which film this song is (released in 1985?1986/ Karthik's film?) Starts as "Thevathai ilamaini oorai chuttrum rani kathali kenne kanavillaiya. oo neeyillamal naana!.. enthanathu kallaraiyil veroruvam thoonguvatha, vithyenpatha sathiyenpatha.."
I am desperate to purchase this film for someone special.Many many thanks. Rajini

Oldposts
Hi Guys,

Can anyone throw some details of the following song.

'seevi singaarichu ambar pottum vachu' -

Oldposts
Guys,

Could some one tell me who is the MD for the movie "Anubavi Raaja Anubavi"? Is it V Kumar?

Thanks

Oldposts
GCT-Kuil: M. S. Viswanathan, Source: MIO

Oldposts
Thanks, Raj... :)

Oldposts
Pal,
"Seevi singaarichu poovum pottum vachu" is by A.M.Rajah and Jikki from the movie `Yaar Paiyan'. Song starts like `Vaasamigum malar cholayile".

Oldposts
a.a: Thanks. I thought both are 2 different songs when I listened.

Oldposts
hello everybody this is prahalad from delhi i am a listener of old malayalam music i am in need the old malayalam song from kali chellamma if anybody has it then please do mail me

Oldposts
from which movie the song sinthanai thondri arivu valarnthathu from??

Oldposts
Dr Rajini, That Kartik/SPB song is from "Ayiram Nilave Vaa". Kartik double action, Sulakshana. There is a sumaar song for the 2 Kartiks where one of them goes "Eppadi, Eppadi". There is a good PS song "Gangai Aatril Nindrukondu Neerai thedum penn maan ival" for Sulakshana. By the way, that film was released on or before 84.

Oldposts
Hi,
Could anybody help me to get the MP3s for below songs? I have been searching since long time, couldn't find.

Server Sundaram - Avalukenna
Vallavanukku vallavan - Oor aayiram parvaiyiley
Kaathalikka Neramillai - Enna parvai
Padagotty - Thotal Poo malarum
Vettaikaran - Unnai Arinthaal Nee Unnai

Thanks!

Oldposts
Hi,
Could anybody please post the MP3s link for below songs? I have been searching since long time, couldn't find.

Server Sundaram - Avalukenna
Vallavanukku vallavan - Oor aayiram parvaiyiley
Kaathalikka Neramillai - Enna parvai
Padagotty - Thotal Poo malarum
Vettaikaran - Unnai Arinthaal Nee Unnai

Thanks!

Oldposts
can anyone send vanambadi songs

Oldposts
Can any one acknowledge knowing the song-
" Kayillai kaniyum illai" from the old movie
Aalukku oru veedu"

Oldposts
Does anyone know which movie the song 'Raman Ethanai Raamanadi' is from?

Oldposts
Hi Affy,
Raaman Eththanai Raamandi is from Lakshmi Kalyaanam

Oldposts
Can anyone tell me what movie the old song "Mama Mama Mama" was from?

Oldposts
Hi Amaluu,
Maamaa Maamaa Maamaa (TMS and K Jamunaraani) is from Kumudham

Oldposts
Hi SK,

Can anyone tell me the name of the film from which the following song, sung by TMS I think, has come from:

'Penne Pudumalare, Pongi varum Kaviriye'.....

And where can I hear this song?

Oldposts
Guys,
I am hearing lots of Veedaa (Music Director) songs and now I am more curious to see how he looks like...I would greatly appreciate if anyone provides me some link or photo of Veedaa...
Thanks

Oldposts
Hi
I want the link for old and new tamil songs. can someone help me out. i also want to know as to how to download them and store them in my pc. pl help me out.
Kannan

Oldposts
I am looking for the words or words and music to "Paper Doll" I know it started I want to have a paper doll that I can call my own. One the other fellows can not steal. Or something close to that. Can anyone help!

Oldposts
I am looking for the words or words and music to "Paper Doll" I know it started I want to have a paper doll that I can call my own. One the other fellows can not steal. Or something close to that. Can anyone help!

Oldposts

Oldposts

Oldposts

Oldposts

Oldposts

Oldposts
dear guys, i am not sure of the old song and even the lyrics and who sung it,,,it goes like this,,,athi thiru,,,,tithithathum ena vodum,,,like this,,,it is more like a tongue twister and since i do not know the words, i am not sure,, Satyaraj sings the song jokingly also,,this is a old perhaps a film or devotional song,,,like that of arunagirinathar etc

Oldposts
This is Thirupugazh by Arunagirinathar. It begins "Mutthai Tharu"

Oldposts
Hello sir
iwant tamil old song, song engae erupadha, aengae varuvadha, which film, please told me. and another song , very long days i do search many website. i do not find it. so please told me
song; varukiral unni thedi, Thunga padumai film
please reply me

Oldposts
Hi All

Any body could send me the song moondru deivam enthan veetil pillai annaro from film : mupparum deviyar ; actress :sujatha,k.r.vijaya,lakshmi

Oldposts
[tscii:fff9342ad9]
Gostaria que me enviassem partituras de musica liturgica para jovens com o objectivo de cantar nas celebrações eucarísticas, nos vários tempo tempos liturgicos - advento, natal, quaresma, pàscoa e tempo comum - .
Obrigado.
Espero resposta por correio electrónico.

[/tscii:fff9342ad9]

Oldposts
Helo Guy's

Could anybody can tell whare I can get the song
"kalangalil aval vasantham" ..... PBS

thnks

Oldposts
Josaph,

Its from Paasamalar..

Thanks

Oldposts
can anyone send me the lyrics of the song Vaigaikarai Kaatre Nillu from the film Uyirullavarai Usha

Oldposts
Words to a old song my mother sang to me in 1950's. Please don't make me go to bed and i'll be good. Thank You

Oldposts
Words to a old songs my mother sang to me in 1950's. Please don't make me go to bed and i'll be good And Please pop and i'll be good, think it's called The bouncing baby boy, Thank You

Oldposts
Dear Friends..
can anybody say where i can get the lyrics of the song " pallakku vanga ponen"
i love this song very much.
will be thank fun if somebody can get it for me.
my e mail id is anand@incitetechnologies.com
regds
Anand

Oldposts
hey guy's could I get a song entitled go push. I don't know who's the composer. I you know the lyrics please send it to me urgently. I need it now! please!please!

Oldposts
Hi Anand,

Please visit the following URL. You can get the lyrics for this song.
http://www.employees.org/~trathin/cgi-bin/main.cgi?url=my_tmlyl.cgi (http://www.employees.org/~trathin/cgi-bin/main.cgi?url=my_tmlyl.cgi
)

Thanks

Oldposts
your website doesn't have a SENSE!!!!!!

Oldposts
what are the songs in following movies
1.tooya ullam
2.ennaipaar
3.kanalneer
4.yaar manamagal
5.arasilangumari
6.vazhi piranthathu
7.alli
8.vazhikatti
9.vikramamthithan
10.puratchi veeranpulidevan

Oldposts
"Yeganthamai Immalaiyil ennai vaatuthey un ninaive" ... someone knows the movie the singer or if there's any mp3 available.

thanx.

Oldposts
Does anyone know the words to
NICKITY NACKITY NOW NOW NOW?

Oldposts
Sir i need a song
" Elamaenum poonkatru "
From which movie& a song.

Oldposts
I thought I heard an old song that I thought was titled Wonderwall (not the OASIS one). It's was written...pre 60's. Can anyone support my claim.

Thanks, Ray B.

Oldposts
Ilamai enum poongaatru....film- pagalil oru iravu.
music director - Illaiya raja

Oldposts
Ganga Jamuna: The song Ekanthamam is from 'Avan',the Tamil dubbed version of Aah in Hindi. The singer is Jikki. I am not sure you can find MP3 version anywhere. People seem to have sidelined Jikki!

Oldposts
Can any one tell me where I can get the song -
"Kayillai Kaniyum Illai, Kaniyillai Kayum Illai" from the film "AAluku oru veedu" music by Viswanathan -Ramamurthy.

Oldposts
I would also like to get the song-
"vAAn meethile inba thEn mari pEyuthE vannam sErkalAm athil"" from the film "Chandirani"

Oldposts
During 1950s I saw an experimental Tamil movie called "Visithira Vanitha" Can any one throw some light on this movie ?

Oldposts
the song "kalangalil avakl vasanthatm" is from the movie "pava mannippu"

Oldposts
I am an old song loving old woman. Can any one tell me an old song sung by s.Janaki with K.V.Madadavan "masil veenaiym malai mathyamum and another oldie " engiruntho vanthar en idayam kavarthar" by M.S.Rajesvari and where can I get these rare songs? Thanks

Oldposts
im looking for an old song. im not sure what its call exactly but i think its call.. "who needs love" and im not sure who sings it too. but it goes something like this: "who needs it? who needs a haertache? who needs love? if u feel your heart going under. dont let it get you down." something like that. so if you know.. then tell me..plz..

Oldposts
1!dddad=dddd+2@mmmom=mmmm=121,324,154,676,787,809, 900my money

Oldposts
I think "Sarojini" engiruntho vanthar en idayam kavarthar" by M.S.Rajesvari" is from the film
"Thai PiranthAl Vazhi pirakkum"
But not Sure, please check any way.
This music was by K.V. Mahadevan.

Oldposts
If anybody wants any songs, Specially old Songs,
Please let me know. I do have everything.
I am from ceylon. have lots of collections.

Thanks,

Oldposts
Dear Ainkaran

I will be grateful to you if you have these 2 songs:-

"KAyillai Kaniyum Illai, Kaniyillai KAyum yillai" from the film "AAluku oru veedu" music by Viswanathan -Ramamurthy.

2."vAAn meethile yinba thEn mari pEyuthE vannam sErkalAm athil"" from the film "Chandirani"

Oldposts
Hello, Velji

I do have those both songs.

Ainkaran

Oldposts
My Dear Ainkaran

Great!

Will you please send zipped files of those 2 songs to me ?

Velji

Oldposts
I like a collection of P.B.Srivas solo and duets. Can somebody tell me where I can get all his songs recorded well in Chennai for a price.

Oldposts
V.Sankar,
Where are you? I am from US. I do have almost all the songs. Are you from US ir India.
There are lot of colections in Singapore
"Oli Music Center" If you want I will get you
the phone numbers.So, they could mail it to you.

Ainkaran

Oldposts
I want the song Kalangalil Aval Vasantham (paava manippu) where can i get it from (MP3 version)?

Oldposts
Dear Mr. Ainkaran,

Many thanks for your being so generous to help tamil old song lovers by not only elucidating with information but also trying to get it also.

Well, I want details of one heart-throbbing song which I donot remember clearly excepting a few lines which goes like this:
"EN NINAIVUM AVAR NIVAIVUM ONNA VANTHACHU
OH MR. OH MR. ...............

I think the movie is "Nagarathil jimbo".

Please help me if you have it.

Oldposts
Hallo Ainkaran

What happened to my request for the following 2 songs ?
"KAyillai Kaniyum Illai, Kaniyillai KAyum yillai" from the film "AAluku oru veedu" music by Viswanathan -Ramamurthy.

2."vAAn meethile yinba thEn mari pEyuthE vannam sErkalAm athil"" from the film "Chandirani"

Oldposts
Velji,
I do not have those songs in MP3 verson,
and I couldn't Zip those file.
Give me your addess, I will mail it to you.
No problem.

Oldposts
hi frens,

can anyone help me! im searching for details abt A.L raghavan - Singer. Could anyone help me with the info of web page i can check

Oldposts
Hi Devi,
Go to yahoo.com and type A.L.Ragavan.
you will see lots of information about him.

Oldposts
i wan te song : unnai naan parthadu vennila

Oldposts
Vidthya,

Give me address, I will mail it to you.

Oldposts
Hello Mr. Ainkaran,

can you please comply with my request at your earliest?
Thanks,
R.Kesavan.

Oldposts
Mr.Kesavan,

I am very sorry that,I don't under stand your
request. Is it old song or new song?

Oldposts
Mr. Ainkaran,
It is a very old song. Sung by a female voice. I doubt it is from "NAGARATHIL JIMBO", released in early 60's. Very sweet song.
With this information, if you can, please send it.
Thanks,
R.Kesavan.

Oldposts
can anyone help to get the lyrics of songs in MGR' Engal Thangam ?

Oldposts
Dear Mr. Ainkaran,

Please let me know if you have the MP3s of the following old songs. I've been looking for them for a long time. I would be very grateful to you if you could mail them to me if you have them.

1. Needhana Ennai Azhaithadhu (Maya Bazar)
2. Ore Naal Yaaro (Major Chandakanth)
3. Chithirame Solladi (Vennira Aadai)
4. Enna Enna Vaarthaigalo (Vennira Aadai)
5. Kangal Enge Nenjamum Ange (Karnan)
6. Kaatru Vandhal Thalai Saayum (Kathirundha Kangal)
7. Kattodu Kuzhal Aada (Periya Idathu Penn)
8. Malarukku Thendral Pagaianal (Engal Veetu Pillai)
9. Valarndha Kalai Marandhuvittal (Kathirundha Kangal)
10. Nilavennum Aadai (Parakkum Paavai)
11. Naan Kavignanum Illai (Padithal Mattum Podhuma)

Oldposts
This is Subbu from US.I also heard the song En ninaivum avar ninaivum sung Susheela.P.
Could you pls anyone helping us to getting this
song in MP3 version

Oldposts
Mmmmm....

Oldposts
poomagal vandhaal

Oldposts
I am looking for a song as follows.

"Kathiravan udayam kandu,kamalangal mugam malarum"

This is a song of late forties or early fiftees. Say from 1947 to 1953.

Oldposts
Does anyone know the female voice that sings the duet "angum ingum aattam" along with TMS? It sounds like MLV. The song can be found at the following link: http://ww.smashits.com/index.cfm?Page=Audio&SubPage=ShowTracks&AlbumID=3599

Oldposts
any one know some tamil sites about TMS and his musical achievements pls let me know....

Oldposts
dear vinothini...

here is a website about TMS ,the great singer.

http://tmsoundararajan.blogdrive.com

Oldposts
kn,
its soolamangalam rajaletchumi, from movie sivagami.the only song sung by mlv with tms is aadatha manamum undo from mannathi mannan

Oldposts
Thanks rk!

Oldposts
Anyone know this song Ne Yang Gai......... Ne ore va..... This is a old song from the sixties.Please anyone got this song inform me on my email on darkhorse_456 I look forward to hearing from you. From John

Oldposts
I am looking for the song "Pappa Pappa Kathai Kelu" to play to my daughter. The singer was A.L. Raghavan. Can anyone help?

Oldposts
Pappa pappa Kathai kelu song is from the film Amma Enge?(Music rendered by Vedha) released in 1965. Only 78 rpm records were available.

Oldposts
Hi

This is an independent request. I am looking for the following old songs in mp3:
1. Chithiram Pesudhadi, Endhan Sindhai Mayanguthadi
2. Maasilaa Nilave Nam, Kathalai Magizhvodu Manilam Kondaduthe
3. Anbale Thediya En Arivu Selvam Thangam

Really appreciate it!

My email address is:
rajesh@panchanathan.com

Regards

Oldposts
I want the song Kalangalil Aval Vasantham (paava manippu) where can i get it from (MP3 version)?

Oldposts
hi guys,

i am looking for the song "ammavum neeye appavum neeye" from kamal's first film "kalathoor kannamma". I want to play this song for my little kid. I searched all over internet and couldn't get this song. Could you let me know if you know a site where I can find this?

Thanks in advance.

Oldposts
Ennanga "Pappa pappa kathai kelu" dhool.comle podak kudadha?

Oldposts
Hello Sir,
I'm Benley from srilanka,Iwant the collection of S.P.B(from 1975-latest)songs.
could you please tell me where can I get this colection.
Thanking you,
Bye.

Oldposts
I am looking for the old songs of P.Susila. Can I get the song I am looking for from the internet.

Oldposts
im looking for one tin soldier rides away sheet music for a flute

Oldposts
Hey where can i get the old tamil song in mp3 format, ezhuthi ezuthi pazhagi vanthen

Oldposts
Anyone knows where I can get Rawaneswaren film song. This should have been reeleased in 50s. The songs are too good and rich in swaram

Oldposts
hey ehm.. i lookin for songs of Nithyasree Mahadevan... if any one knows where i can download it from please send me an e-mail..

mu email adress is milenka4@hotmail.com
I also have got msn if you prefer that..

Oldposts
can someone please , i like to listen to 'avar ninaivum enn ninaivum from nagarathil jimbo..

Oldposts
http://tfmpage.com/tfsa/english/tfsa_eng.htm (http://tfmpage.com/tfsa/english/tfsa_eng.htm
)
vicky try
http://tfmpage.com/tfsa/tamil/tfsa_tam.htm

Oldposts
dear p mageshwaran,
ungalukku kodi vanakkangal.yazh sudhakarin TMS, P SUSHEELA NINAIVGAL en kannil neer varavazhiaithana.
ashwin

Oldposts
nan pesa ninaipathellam inta padathile Poonguyil paadinal nalla sangeetham pls sendme byeeeeeee

Oldposts
telugu and hindi movies have websites for old music from the 1940s onwards why tamil movies dont have anything like that .....i wish someone can do that for people like me who likes old movie songs. thanks to whoever. sundari

Oldposts
I was very amazed when hearing this song...

"Enna Enna Varthaigalo
Chinna Vizhi Parvaiyilae
Cholli Cholli Mudithuvitten
Chonna Kadhai Puriyavillai..

Unnai Than Kandu Sirithaen
Nenjil Edho Edho Ninaithaen
Ennai Than Enni Thudithaen
Ennam Eno Eno Valarthaen
Penmai Poovaguma
Illai Nalaguma
Idhu Thaenodu Palaguma

Nilave Unnai Arivaen Angae
Nerae Oor Naal Varuvaen
Malarndhal Angu Malarvaen
Illai Pani Pole Naanum Maraivaen
Innum Naan Enbadha
Unnai Nee Enbadha
Illai Nam Endru Paer Solvadha

PSusheela voice is so sweet in this song...

Prabu

Oldposts
Hi TFM folks! I am looking for a song in a Kamal and Shoba movie by Balu Mahendra titled "Kokila" that is possibly dubbed from Kannadam with the same name in Tamil too.
And the song goes like "kaala magal medai naadagam" and is sung by KJ Yesudas and a female voice.
I may be wrong here!! But your inputs are well come, and a link to hear this would be a bonus.

Many thanks to forum regulars

Oldposts
Hi forumers
I am looking for some songs possibly in a Balu Mahendra movie titled "Kokila" that originally came in Kannadam and later dubbed to Tamil also possibly named "Kokila"
It is a Kamala Hassan and Shoba starer

I think the music director is Salil Chowdhary

And one of the song goes like "kaala magal medai naadagam" and is sung by KJ Yesudas and possibly a female voice too.

I may be wrong about the film title but the song title is correct.
Any pointers?

Thanks

Oldposts
i want tamil song based on deewali festival ,need help please let me know ASAP.

RC
4th November 2004, 01:12 AM
Nixon: The one I remember is
pattaasa suttu suttu pOdattumaa - poove poochadavaa

RC
4th November 2004, 01:13 AM
Tamil Dude: I think I have the mp3 of this one. Will keep you updated.

Thiru
4th November 2004, 02:48 AM
Tamil Dude: I think I have the mp3 of this one. Will keep you updated.

podhu nala sevai la erangitteengala?? :)

RC
4th November 2004, 04:49 AM
Tamil dude: It was featured as SOTD # 405. See if you can find it.

Manisekaran
10th November 2004, 12:21 PM
It is from Uran Kathola a hindi movie. Music by Noushad. This has been dubbed into Tamil with the title VAANARATHAM.

TA Moti sings this song.

RR
10th November 2004, 01:08 PM
It is from Uran Kathola a hindi movie. Music by Noushad. This has been dubbed into Tamil with the title VAANARATHAM.

TA Moti sings this song.

Dear Manisekaran: when you want to reply to a specific post, you can quote the text of that post by clicking the 'quote' button in that particular post. For my post, I actually clicked the 'quote' in your post. Nice, rite? :) It helps clarify which query you are answering.

RR
10th November 2004, 01:11 PM
apart from this and 'kaanaa inbam', what other songs TA Moti has sung in tamil?

a short bio of Moti also pls :)

NOV
22nd November 2004, 07:54 PM
This is a GOLDEN topic and needs to revived.

Pazham paadal piriyargale, virainthu vaarungal. :D

phantom363
22nd November 2004, 09:12 PM
[quote="Oldposts"]

Topic started by TFM Group (admin@tfmpage.com) on Tue Jan 27 15:47:28 EST 1998.
<font size="-1">All times in EDT/EST +9:30/10:30 for IST.</font>

I need mp3 files for 2 songs from Paadthai Theriyudhu Paar - Chinna Chinna Mookuthiyaam by TMS, Thennakeetru Soliyele PBS/Janaki?

rajeshkrv
2nd December 2004, 09:32 AM
phantom363

i have the song

will share it

Roshan
2nd December 2004, 05:13 PM
Wow!! enna enna vaarthaigaLO !! Great song from PS. and one of my favourites of PS's.

nilavE unnai aRivEn - angE
nErE Or naaL varuvEn
malarnthaal angu malarvEn -illai
pani pOl naanum maRaivEn

innum naan enbathaa - unnai
nee enbathaa - illai
naam endru pEr solvathaa

Wowowowo!!!

Friends, please post some nice old songs here !

NOV
2nd December 2004, 05:22 PM
What is that you want Roshan?

Lyrics?
Songs?
Titles?

Roshan
2nd December 2004, 05:37 PM
Lyrics ofcourse but strictly NO Baagavadar kaalathu songs :lol: :lol:

phantom363
2nd December 2004, 08:27 PM
Hi Rajeshkrv,

thank you so much....my email is phantom363@gmail.com...can you please send it to that address....thx again....phantom

malligai
2nd December 2004, 11:13 PM
Roshan,

Wow!! enna enna vaarthaigaLO !! Great song from PS. and one of my favourites of PS's.

nilavE unnai aRivEn - angE
nErE Or naaL varuvEn
malarnthaal angu malarvEn -illai
pani pOl naanum maRaivEn

innum naan enbathaa - unnai
nee enbathaa - illai
naam endru pEr solvathaa

Wowowowo!!!

Friends, please post some nice old songs here !

heyy, i love these lines too..."malarnthaal angu malarvEn -illai
pani pOl naanum maRaivEn"----mainly bcos of the 'adamancy' depicted in the words....such assertive words, saying that there can be no other alternative...

Anoushka
10th December 2004, 04:44 PM
paruva mazhai pozhiya pozhiya
payir ellam sezhikaatho
ival paruva mazhaiAle vazhkai
paalaivanam aagiyathe

tharuvathanaal peruvathanaal
uravu thaambathyam aagatho
ival tharavillai peravillai
thani maramai aanale

Song - Veru idam thEdip pOvalo
Movie - Sila nerangalil sila manithargal
Singer - Vani Jayaram
Lyrics - Jayakanthan

NOV
12th December 2004, 09:03 PM
Watched a 60s movie this morning, Itho Endhan Deivam starring Major Sundrarajan, Muthuraman, KR Vijaya, Manohar, VK Ramasami, Nagesh, CK Saraswathy, etc. Director was Thirulokchander with music by MSV and lyrics by the Poet.

Story was quite interesting of habitual criminal Major breaking out of prison and spending time with Muthuraman's family impersonating him. Father is blind and daughter doesnt know who her father was, having never seen him. The only person who knows the truth is wife KR Vijaya, who keeps mum due to circumstances.

In one heart wrenching scene, Major clutches the daughter and sings

thaane mulaiththa maram
thaniyaaga valarntha maram
yEn mulaiththendraayo en selvame
enakke theiryaadhandro

The great Poet describes the charcter's birth and his new uravu like this goes...

thottiyil vaazhntha pillai
thottilil vaazhnthathillai
appanendrazhaithaayamaa
athil en karppanai valarnthaayamaa

meaning as a child he was dumped into garbage and now has someone calling him father and devleoping all kinds of imaginations in him.
In another part he sings...

anbendrum aasaiyendrum
panbendrum paasamendrum
oorsolla kettenammaa
athai naan sorgaththil kaanbenammaa

as an orphan who had no family of his own, can only look forward to such sondhams in death!

This moving song was sung by none other than the king of pathos TMS.

One other good song from the movie was by SPB and PS singing for lovers Muthuraman and KR Vijaya:

ambigai neril vandhaal
anbinai alli thandhaal
gopuram kannil kanden
konjidum kalasam kanden,
devi, en devi

The other two songs were by LR Eswari.