PDA

View Full Version : || ADA | Tanvir Ahmed | Rahul Roy ||

Pages : 1 [2]

littlemaster1982
27th May 2008, 10:08 AM
[tscii:d61cc7207b]A detailed review (http://www.planetbollywood.com/displayReview.php?id=m052208074707)

It’s always a rare treat to reap the pleasures of a complete Rahman soundtrack. And after 2004, in which he released a whopping four [Hindi] soundtracks, we’ve merely been getting quick glimpses of the musical phenomenon either once or twice a year. That’s all about to change, as we have TWO back-to-back Rahman albums releasing simultaneously – JAANE TU YA JAANE NA and ADA. If you add in January’s release of Jodhaa-Akbar, then we already have THREE Rahman soundtracks in a short span of just five months. Let’s take it one step further, shall we? IF (and that’s a big if) release dates are expected to remain constant, then by the end of the year we may very well witness the release of two additional Rahmantic scores in GHAJINI and YUVRAAJ. Now, if you told me a few years ago that in 2008 the Industry would listen to the music of Rahman in five separate and complete soundtracks, I would have said you’re crazy!

Nevertheless, today we’re zoning in on just one – ADA…A Way of Life. The music of ADA is intriguing to me for a couple of reasons. When you look at Rahman’s resume (1998 and onwards), barring just a few cases, all his projects have been highly anticipated scores. ADA is definitely not one of them. If you clicked on this review thinking it’s just another low-budget disaster with forgettable music only to soon realize, in a dazed and confused state, that the music credits read A.R. Rahman, I guarantee you’re not the only one. In fact, the music of ADA was conceived and recorded some six years ago, while the film was still in its prime. ADA, a film that had seemingly joined the countless other projects sitting on the backburner has now been given new life with the release of its music on May 20, 2008, six years later!

“The music of the film actually took six years to make because the film started six years back in 2002. The music has a very old school melody feel. But it also has other tunes so it does have a color of different genres in it.” – A.R. Rahman [CNN-IBN]

It will be interesting to experience what Rahman terms as “old school melody.” Since he’s always maintained a very distinct class of melody, ADA will give listeners the perfect opportunity to witness a live progression in melodic genres first hand. It’s also refreshing to see Rahman stop on a dime to compose for a more modest film (which he hasn’t done in years) after just delivering music for one of India’s grandest films, Jodhaa-Akbar. Lyrics are provided by Raqueeb Alam (Water) and Nusrat Badr (Devdas).

Rahman packs a peppy punch in the very distinctive Ishq Ada IMale Version). From first-hand experience I can tell you that the number one struggle for composers and arrangers who are trying to get ahead now a days is the ethereal fusion of universal appeal with avant-garde sound. Rahman isn’t the Madras Mozart by fluke, he has mastered this union to provide us with both soul-stirring melodies and foot-tapping beats, while maintaining that never-before-heard sound. Ishq Ada is a pure synergy of both elements.

Let’s first look at Element 2: Rhythmic Background. Rahman differentiates the rhythm from the very get-go by commencing the number with an instrumental rhythm, as opposed to the more conventional percussion rhythm. The catchy rhythmic riffs of the guitar immediately bring the playful atmosphere to the forefront of the composition. As the melodic lines progress, so does the rhythmic build-up, as Rahman casually throws in some arabic percussions to give more spice to the musical aura, while the instrumental rhythm remains beautifully camouflaged beneath the percussions and melody.

Element 1: Melodic Foreground. Although I don’t quite see the “old-school melody” in this composition, I definitely can say that Rahman has dabbled quite a bit with experimentation while conceiving this franticly cool tune. Despite having numerous variations of the same melodic structure, Rahman surreptitiously strips the piece of differentiated stanzas. Normally this would be devastating, but it’s Rahman’s versatile melody that keeps masking itself to keep you hooked! Rashid Ali is perfect in his rendition of the relentless tune. His vocals are just as playful as the melody itself, as he balances his performance with emotion and poise. Lastly, the only other instrumental performance, apart from the guitar rhythm, is the harmonium, which makes short timid appearances between melodic riffs. It’s Rahman’s way of adding a simple touch to a relatively simple song. Raqueeb Alam’s short and snappy reflections on love fit the mood of the piece with perfect lyrical harmony. Verdict: Let the soul-tapping beats and stylish tunes of Ishq Ada flow through you…grow on you…

We are in true Rahmantic heaven with the absolutely gorgeous duet Hawa Sun Hawa. I know I may catch a lot of flack for this, but this has to go down as one of Sonu Nigam’s and Alka Yagnik’s greatest duets – and that’s saying something! It all begins and ends with Rahman’s golden melody. I can perhaps see shimmers of old-school layers here, but it is an extremely pretty piece nonetheless. The rhythm is another spectacle of sound courtesy Rahman, who gives us his unique version of an Indee-pop ballad. Also look out for the invincible integration of the tabla during the interlude as well as towards the end of the song…it’s musical divinity. Adding to the touch of grandeur and simplicity all at the very same time are the Bansuri and piano add-ons, not to mention the strong atmospheric presence, all filling the gaps beautifully. Nusrat Badr is at his romantic best with his eclectic poetry on undiscovered love. But the highlight here is undoubtedly Rahman’s melody and the vocal chemistry between Sonu and Alka. Verdict: My vote for best duet of 2008 so far. Excuse me while I rendezvous with this beauty a few times more…

Rahman throws out an earthy upbeat track in the form of Gum Sum. Another Sonu-Alka duet that clearly pales in comparison to the magic we heard in Hawa Sun Hawa. Perhaps this is the old-school melody that Rahman was referring to? Nevertheless, the melody doesn’t quite fit within Rahman’s boundaries, resulting in a tune that won’t easily dance on your lips. However, it’s the foot-tapping rhythm that saves this number. Special mention to the Santoor-inspired instrument (if not the Santoor itself) which puts forth a wicked performance throughout the composition. It’s also worth pointing out the organ riffs that are added towards the end since Rahman hardly uses the instrument! Nusrat Badr’s lyrics are a bit more conventional than one would like to hear from a Rahman track. Verdict: Check this song out for the rustic beats and wicked Santoor riffs!

Gulfisha is special because for the first time Rahman is featuring one of India’s hottest singers – Sunidhi Chauhan – along with Sonu Nigam. There’s another first for Rahman hidden here as well…the Italian flavors. Melodically the song is much more chilled-out than the previous three compositions, aspiring towards the younger crowds, indicative of the decision to bring on Sunidhi. Hinging on a synthesized atmosphere and some catchy clap beats, the melody really flourishes as the song progresses, with both Sunidhi and Sonu shining bright. Nusrat Badr’s lyrics take a back-seat to the heavy vocal presence but do complete justice to the animated number. It’s interesting to note: If in fact this song was recorded four, five, or even six years ago, why hasn’t Rahman hooked up with Sunidhi again? There have been plenty of opportunities to feature her vocals. Makes you wonder… Verdict: Plug this frisky tune into your car and cruise to the stylish sounds of Gulfisha.

The tuned out chordal play of the piano nudges the soulful light-pop number Meherbaan into play. It’s almost a safe bet to say that if a track is rendered by Rahman himself, it’s probably because it is amongst the best, if not the best song on the lot. Meherbaan features Rahman’s moving vocals amidst a light-pop ballad with caressing acoustic highlights. The peacefully pure melody will give you complete rest, as Rahman’s soothing voice takes this number to cosmic heights. With Meherbaan, Raqueeb Alam clearly proves himself the better of the two lyricists. His poetic phrases depicting the relationship between two joint-souls through metaphor completes the simplistic musical trinity with grace and integrity. It’s quite astonishing, and I’ve rarely experienced this myself, but the passion of the melody and the emotion of the vocals enhance the lyrical meaning of the song without actually changing any words. Verdict: If there were ever any doubts that music is in fact potentially a metaphysical incarnation of peace and purity, one exposure to A.R. Rahman’s Meherbaan will put all that to rest.

Ahh, and the addictive catch factor returns in grand form with the electric Tu Mera Hai. There’s so much going on at each and every moment of the song, yet never do you feel that the composition is crowded or cacophonic. The rustic rhythm is the first element of this rich and sultry song, paving way for the addicting catch line of ‘Tu Mera Hai Mera Mera Hai,’ rendered exquisitely by veteran Chitra, a Rahman favorite. Naresh Iyer’s smooth vocal undertones of ‘Ya Rab’ add to the immense catch factor. Sukhwinder Singh, another Rahman favorite, provides perfect support for Chitra’s power-house performance. While the tabla adds to the culturally rich heritage of the striking rhythm, the unrelenting play of the strings next to the vocal melody animate the composition with tremendous musical energy. Again, Nusrat Badr’s lyrics are quite competent, but the make-up of the song pushes the lyrics to the background and the melody/rhythm to the foreground. Verdict: Vintage Rahman, who once again weaves his magic over a song that liquefies the perfect blend of mass appeal and avant-garde sound.

Hai Dard tends to shy away from having mass appeal. The melody, although extremely poignant, seems to be slightly lacking the creative department. Nevertheless, there is melodic ethos. Rahman’s arrangements are quite non-engaging when compared to the rest of the soundtrack, and that contributes the most to my being disappointed overall. Udit Narayan delivers a fine rendition. Badr this times writes on…you guessed it…despair, but does so with little gusto. Verdict: Due to its situational characteristics, it will be better appreciated on the big screen rather than on audio.

Ishq Ada (Female Version) more than makes up for any shortcomings the previous track may have had. This is the exact same song as the opening piece, but has been completely rewrapped in brand new arrangements. It’s no coincidence that Rahman lightens up the background with a higher octave play of the rhythmic guitar and adds lighter bass lines…all these adjustments are characteristic of the female version not only with respect to vocals, courtesy debutant Parul Mishra, but also with respect to sound. Verdict: Just as stylish and breezy as its counterpart, I still tend to lean in favor of the Male Version. And that’s no coincidence either!

Milo Waha Waha, rendered by Alka Yagnik and Jayachandran, is a soft-spoken semi-orchestral love duet. Belonging roughly to the same genre as Hai Dard, the piece has a very steady rhythm throughout with slight variations in terms of the decrease and increase in percussions used. The hauntingly romantic melody blossoms towards the stanzas (pay special attention to Jayachandran’s chorus at the 5:10 mark, it’s eerily beautiful!). The song will appeal mainly to the lovers of ghazals, but if you give the song a chance it will surely grow on you. Alka Yagnik is a true revelation. Nusrat Badr’s poetic lyrics are finally given a chance to shine in glory, as he escapes the wraths of clichés to write a remarkable song. Verdict: More attractive than the aurally similar Dard Hai, Rahman conspires to give this song complete poetic justice.

Another reason why Rahman is so great is because he takes pleasure in even the smallest of things. Where 99% of composers would merely replace a male singer with a female singer, keeping everything else constant, Rahman saw the opportunity to give the entire composition a more feminine touch in Ishq Ada (Female Version). And yet again we witness the man’s humble approach to composition with Meherbaan (Instrumental) featuring guitarist Sanjeev Thomas. Although the song maintains the same sound as the vocalized version, the acoustic riffs and improvisations fit the composition beautifully. In addition to the acoustic guitar, we also hear the electric guitar throughout the stanzas, which adds to the sound value immensely. Verdict: Obviously not a substitute to Rahman’s tremendous vocals, but this instrumental version has its own flare of innocence and beauty. Enjoy!

The soundtrack of ADA may not be amongst Rahman’s best, but it surely is an admirable welcome to any music collection. Along with Jodhaa-Akbar, it’s one of the best scores the year 2008 has seen. With only Dard Hai slightly slacking, the music of ADA surely backs up Rahman’s statement of it having a color of different genres, with quite a bit of experimentation thrown in. And if you’re picky enough to pass on this Rahmantic score, than you don’t have to wait long to sample the next one – Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na is already on stands everywhere. Long live Rahmania!

[/tscii:d61cc7207b]

A.ANAND
27th May 2008, 11:08 AM
my fav.track

1.ishq ada- :musicsmile: the way he singing fantastic

2.gum sum- veryyyyy cathcy!wooow!

3.gulfisha :thumbsup:

4.meherban-meditation song :cool2:

5.tu mera hai :omg: chitra voice! :musicsmile:

6.hawa sun hawa :2thumbsup:

overall all credits goes to our 'god of music'big slute to him! :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

i love ada album more than jtyjn! :D

A.ANAND
27th May 2008, 03:35 PM
For me 'ada' is one of rahman's best album this year!wooooooooooooooooooow!!! :omg:

coucou
27th May 2008, 05:30 PM
[tscii:94c8138e42]Can someone noticed french lines at the beginning of gulfisha?
"Voici venu le temps .... chaque fleur s'évapore ainsi que ...."

Are some french here?
:roll:

[/tscii:94c8138e42]

SoftSword
27th May 2008, 06:07 PM
[tscii:c60165dacc]Can someone noticed french lines at the beginning of gulfisha?

Are some french here?

[/tscii:c60165dacc]

i know there are some french kiss experts here... ;)
but not sure if they knew the language...

rayan36
27th May 2008, 07:03 PM
[tscii:da3415ac77]Can someone noticed french lines at the beginning of gulfisha?

Are some french here?

[/tscii:da3415ac77]

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

dinesh2002
27th May 2008, 08:54 PM
[tscii:0cabf06856]Can someone noticed french lines at the beginning of gulfisha?

Are some french here?

[/tscii:0cabf06856]

:lol: yaarepa ungalai kiss'e adicha? :lol:

A.ANAND
28th May 2008, 06:30 AM
ennakku nigeria kiss than varum!

SoftSword
28th May 2008, 11:48 AM
[tscii:f7a04bd3b3]Can someone noticed french lines at the beginning of gulfisha?

Are some french here?

[/tscii:f7a04bd3b3]

:lol: yaarepa ungalai kiss'e adicha? :lol:

dinesh machi...
sila visayam ellaam... sonna... anubavikkanum... aaraayakoodaadhu.....
purinjadha...

SoftSword
28th May 2008, 11:48 AM

adhennappa...?

A.ANAND
28th May 2008, 12:43 PM

adhennappa...?
athellam onnum illa!just for fun :)

muzammil_fr
28th May 2008, 03:32 PM
[tscii:f2367126bc]Can someone noticed french lines at the beginning of gulfisha?

Are some french here?

[/tscii:f2367126bc]

ya i am here guys, yes this is french, sung by a french singer, she is origin of senegal.

SoftSword
28th May 2008, 03:36 PM
[tscii:a18dc77264]Can someone noticed french lines at the beginning of gulfisha?

Are some french here?

[/tscii:a18dc77264]

ya i am here guys, yes this is french, sung by a french singer, she is origin of senegal.

can u please write us the meaning....

thineshan54321
29th May 2008, 05:42 AM
enthralled... oomyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy goddddddddddddddd
masterpiece. i dont wanna go into any details. this album will be one of those that should be left to be talked about later on as it will survive for a very very loooooooooong time..... amazzing!

rayan36
2nd June 2008, 09:55 PM
My ADA top ten

1. Gulfisha - now this true 90's Rahman, the acoustic, interval beats, the changing of beats between pallavi & charanam, the way sonu nigam sings..Gul..Gul...Gul...Gulfisha, Ada ada hai ada.really magical

2. Gum Sum - acoustic again, actually you can hear the acoustic beats all along the song. The tabla works magic here. Here Alka Yagnik wins, thers actually two to three layers of music here.

3. Hawa Sun Hawa - really melodious, with the flute and the breeze music,floating you away. damn another dreamy song from rahman

4. Tu Mera Hai - The beginning of the song (even in every song) can't really predict what kind of genre it is. different mood in different lines, different instruments,this guy is playing with our mind. Chitra & Sukhvin awesome.

5. Ishq Ada - It's kinda creepy listening to this song but I love it. Rashid Ali always gets a latinish type of song from Rahman, remember Nadhir Dhina from Parthalae Paravasam

6. Hai Dard - Like i said in Tu mera Hai, you can really predict what kind of it is, the music just changes in few seconds when it starts, guitar really mesh well with the song

7. Milo Wahan Wahan - Jayachandran is just great in this sing, I think better than Kanathil Muthamidhal, the orchestra & Alka's is really haunting.

8. Ishq Ada - same tune, same song, different instruments, different feel.

9.Meherbaan - sorry guys, but I feel this song kinda flat, maybe needs more listening, it's different from all other songs.

10.Meherbaan Instrumental - ringtones anyone :wink:

prasana84
4th June 2008, 11:24 PM
beautiful album
Meherbaan, Ishq Ada, Hawa Sun Hawa, Tu Mera Hai are really awesome

thineshan54321
5th June 2008, 01:36 AM
beautiful album
Meherbaan, Ishq Ada, Hawa Sun Hawa, Tu Mera Hai are really awesome

itll be a sin if u leave out gulfisha. btw i just cant seem to like ishq ada and hai dard. i think it might be the waltz beat, sounds nursery-ish. but lovely orchestration tho. everyother song is TOP CLASS! milo wahan. amazing stuff

littlemaster1982
5th June 2008, 01:44 AM
itll be a sin if u leave out gulfisha. btw i just cant seem to like ishq ada and hai dard. i think it might be the waltz beat, sounds nursery-ish. but lovely orchestration tho. everyother song is TOP CLASS! milo wahan. amazing stuff

:shock: Ishq Ada knocked the wind out of me (esp the female version). Loved her voice and singing. My favorite in this album :notworthy:

thineshan54321
5th June 2008, 01:47 AM

:shock: Ishq Ada knocked the wind out of me (esp the female version). Loved her voice and singing. My favorite in this album :notworthy:

i dunno why i am not seeing the beauty is this. i love the melody, i love the orchestration, i love the singing. but i dont love the song. so weird. again, i think its the waltz. one more thing, i LOVE the interludes esp the first interlude in female version

littlemaster1982
5th June 2008, 01:55 AM
Yeah, sometimes we can't explain why we don't like a particular song that much eventhough it is good. Maybe it doesn't strike a chord with us (Meherbaan in my case).

SoftSword
5th June 2008, 11:09 AM

i dunno why i am not seeing the beauty is this. i love the melody, i love the orchestration, i love the singing. but i dont love the song. so weird. again, i think its the waltz. one more thing, i LOVE the interludes esp the first interlude in female version

i like the ishq adha male version...
the guy floats his voice.... suspends it... and holds it back...
just like you push a rubber ball into water... and when it comes up with a diff pressure, you hold it back right...

i would say it as high viscous singing...

prasana84
6th June 2008, 12:27 AM

i like the ishq adha male version...
the guy floats his voice.... suspends it... and holds it back...
just like you push a rubber ball into water... and when it comes up with a diff pressure, you hold it back right...

i would say it as high viscous singing...
ishq adha wat to say this kind of stuff i was expectin from arr. also Meherbaan im addicted to this. Tu Mera Hai is also excellent. gulfisha nice song. other songs are average

thineshan54321
8th June 2008, 08:27 PM
wow hai dard stuck me out of nowhere. its beautiful, especially the singing and flute. wow! this is a resurrection of poongatrile made better.

prasana84
9th June 2008, 09:20 PM
Hawa sun hawa is my present fav

thineshan54321
10th June 2008, 12:59 AM

saaaaaaaaaaame! i cant believe i didnt like ishq ada and hai dard before, these two tracks r haunting the living soul out of me...

Dragun
10th June 2008, 02:41 AM
Hawa Sun Hawa is a really nice song. I like the orchestration on Hai Dard, but I don't like the tune all that much.

thineshan54321
10th June 2008, 03:13 AM
Hawa Sun Hawa is a really nice song. I like the orchestration on Hai Dard, but I don't like the tune all that much.

i thot the same... honestly, i love the song now... its so haunting especially when the beats stop mid way and all we hear is the singer with excellent chord progressions.

dinesh2002
10th June 2008, 07:23 AM

this is the song that 1st attracted me too.... awesome tune and excellent lyrics....!!! the flute usage in the song is simply like listening to Goddess Saraswathi playing them personally :D!!

thineshan54321
10th June 2008, 08:20 AM

this is the song that 1st attracted me too.... awesome tune and excellent lyrics....!!! the flute usage in the song is simply like listening to Goddess Saraswathi playing them personally :D!!

ya truly mesmerizing stuff. also the prelude is straight from heaven, the female hums the tune followed by sonu singing the same tune with lyrics going from low to very very high notes. excellent stuff. after munbe vaa, i would say the next best melody. i get the exact feeling when i listen to this. when munbe vaa released or even now, whenever i put the song i cant do anything else and i have to listen to the song fully before proceeding. believe it or not, when i was driving one day, munbe vaa came on my itrip randomly, so i just stopped the car, couldnt drive... my dad then had to take over driving. i felt like a fool afterwards, stopping the car but i couldnt help it. all i am saying is, it makes me pay attention to everything about the song, my concentration cant be split with these songs. same with hawa sun hawa

prasana6
10th June 2008, 07:01 PM

ya truly mesmerizing stuff. also the prelude is straight from heaven, the female hums the tune followed by sonu singing the same tune with lyrics going from low to very very high notes. excellent stuff. after munbe vaa, i would say the next best melody.
Ada is a slow poison
:musicsmile: im addicted to this album

thineshan54321
10th June 2008, 07:44 PM
how i wish hawa sun hawa be made in tamil. i think with excellent lyrics, it will top munbe vaa. what do u guys think?

dinesh2002
10th June 2008, 07:53 PM
how i wish hawa sun hawa be made in tamil. i think with excellent lyrics, it will top munbe vaa. what do u guys think?

yup... imagine Vairamuthu handling the lyrics department.... wow.... unimaginable !!!! :shock:

prasana84
10th June 2008, 11:19 PM

yup... imagine Vairamuthu handling the lyrics department.... wow.... unimaginable !!!! :shock:
Munbe vaa is diff but this will be the best melody of the year

A.ANAND
11th June 2008, 01:28 PM

vairamutha?? :roll: antha superb melody song-ku namma vaali ayya-than poruthama irupparu! my opinion :D

rayan36
11th June 2008, 06:03 PM
So , is it gonna be released in Tamil? any hints anybody

SoftSword
11th June 2008, 06:37 PM
i dont think so...
venumna... indha tune'ku naama yaaraachum lyrics ezhudha try pannalaam...

prasana84
12th June 2008, 12:35 AM
I think this is the best album for arr this year. the music for the album is composed for almost 6 years b'coz of some delays(budgets etc) the music is able to reach us now. it is surely better than jodha akbar and jtyjn. all the songs are becoming master piece.

A.ANAND
12th June 2008, 05:33 AM
I think this is the best album for arr this year. the music for the album is composed for almost 6 years b'coz of some delays(budgets etc) the music is able to reach us now. it is surely better than jodha akbar and jtyjn. all the songs are becoming master piece.
:yes: :yes: :yes: ithathan naanum sonnen!

thineshan54321
12th June 2008, 08:17 AM

imo just to take shankars movies for comparison, this is jeans and jtyjn is kaadhalan. they r both top class stuff!

A.ANAND
12th June 2008, 08:57 AM

imo just to take shankars movies for comparison, this is jeans and jtyjn is kaadhalan. they r both top class stuff!
for me, ada like rytham :musicsmile: and jntjn en swasakatre! :thumbsup:

SoftSword
12th June 2008, 11:20 AM

i would say this is Tajmahal and that is Mudhalvan....

thineshan54321
12th June 2008, 11:39 AM

final verdict. ada is ada, jtyjn is jtyjn. :lol:
they r both amazing stuff from The Rahman Factory

dinesh2002
12th June 2008, 05:58 PM

final verdict. ada is ada, jtyjn is jtyjn. :lol:
they r both amazing stuff from The Rahman Factory

ahahahahaha..... the comparison was very amusing... and yes thineshan.... i will go with u... and IMHO, Ada wins the race for me.... 8-)

sat_srini
15th June 2008, 11:45 AM
Hawa Sun Promo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4oWMUPrRdE&feature=related

sat_srini
15th June 2008, 11:49 AM
Ishq Ada Hai promo -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuQ58qRRspQ

rsubras
15th June 2008, 01:28 PM
isnt milo wahan wahan tune the same as Kannathil muthamittal climax bgm??

manirathnam ada tune ah kettara, illa intha film director antha bgm ah intha film ku kettara :)

prasana84
16th June 2008, 07:18 AM
isnt milo wahan wahan tune the same as Kannathil muthamittal climax bgm??

manirathnam ada tune ah kettara, illa intha film director antha bgm ah intha film ku kettara :)
Etha first time kekumothu therinjuthu

Ramakrishna
17th June 2008, 07:47 PM
Hawa Sun Hawa - It reminds me of Soli tharavaa from Maja. Anybody?

prasana84
17th June 2008, 08:07 PM
This song is awesome i can even say a better number than munbe vaa so plz dont compare this with that :cry:

MADDY
17th June 2008, 08:22 PM

nee eppalerndhu kudikka aarambichha :lol: ....JK, i didnt find any....any particular time frame u have in mind???

Ramakrishna
17th June 2008, 08:41 PM

nee eppalerndhu kudikka aarambichha :lol: ....JK, i didnt find any....any particular time frame u have in mind???

The starting line. I am not saying it is exactly similar to that song or anything like that. But whenever i hum the starting line of this song, i get reminded of that song. Maybe both have same raga( or whatever) which i am not aware of. Thineshan can explain.

thineshan54321
17th June 2008, 10:08 PM

The starting line. I am not saying it is exactly similar to that song or anything like that. But whenever i hum the starting line of this song, i get reminded of that song. Maybe both have same raga( or whatever) which i am not aware of. Thineshan can explain.

hey ramakrishna u r partially right. they r both based on different scales. however the starting three notes in solli tharava follows the pattern whole whole note:
EF# G# F# G#
solli tha ra vaa

and this also follows whole whole pattern:
B B A.G GAB
hawa sun hawa

transposing hawa sun hawa we get:
G#G# F#E EF#G#

if u see 3 notes used in both the starting lines of the songs r EF#G# and the distance from E to F# is whole and F# to G# is also whole.

since we r dealing with whole whole patterns. what i mean the notes in both songs have a whole step between them. this is prolly the reason for u to get reminded of solli tharava. however the tunes r completely different and original from each other. the only reason u get reminded is because they use the same steps (whole between the notes). also if u listen to sollitharava and right away listen to hawa sun hawa u wont hear any resemblance at all since they r in diff keys, i am guessing u listened to solli tharava long time ago and so u didnt remember the key and so when u heard the same pattern of notes in hawa sun hawa u got reminded of it. i am also guessing u listened to solli tharava a lot of times.

good ears ramakrishna! hope i helped :)

** hawa sun hawa is the best melody i heard in years atleast since munbe vaa

Ramakrishna
17th June 2008, 10:51 PM
also if u listen to sollitharava and right away listen to hawa sun hawa u wont hear any resemblance at all since they r in diff keys, i am guessing u listened to solli tharava long time ago and so u didnt remember the key and so when u heard the same pattern of notes in hawa sun hawa u got reminded of it. i am also guessing u listened to solli tharava a lot of times.

U r quite right :shock:

Thank you Thineshan. You have saved me :lol:

SoftSword
18th June 2008, 10:33 AM

ram... infact it always reminds me the "ishq bina" tune...
in most of the places the tune is very similar...

i am wonderin if this is ram....

Ramakrishna
18th June 2008, 01:08 PM

dinesh2002
18th June 2008, 02:20 PM

hey ramakrishna u r partially right. they r both based on different scales. however the starting three notes in solli tharava follows the pattern whole whole note:
EF# G# F# G#
solli tha ra vaa

B B A.G GAB
hawa sun hawa

G#G# F#E EF#G#

if u see 3 notes used in both the starting lines of the songs r EF#G# and the distance from E to F# is whole and F# to G# is also whole.

since we r dealing with whole whole patterns. what i mean the notes in both songs have a whole step between them. this is prolly the reason for u to get reminded of solli tharava. however the tunes r completely different and original from each other. the only reason u get reminded is because they use the same steps (whole between the notes). also if u listen to sollitharava and right away listen to hawa sun hawa u wont hear any resemblance at all since they r in diff keys, i am guessing u listened to solli tharava long time ago and so u didnt remember the key and so when u heard the same pattern of notes in hawa sun hawa u got reminded of it. i am also guessing u listened to solli tharava a lot of times.

thineshan... aahaa.... soopar pa.... excellent explanation.... wut bout similarity between Sonnalum and Hawa Sun Hawa? i think these 2 r even more close........ i know the 1st interlude, of the flutes sound alike.... but somehow something that the whole song [hawa sun hawa] just brings me back to the year 2002..... :D

MADDY
18th June 2008, 07:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqkup79j0s0

very good remix of gulfisha....sounds like a proper rock song 8-)

thineshan54321
19th June 2008, 02:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqkup79j0s0

very good remix of gulfisha....sounds like a proper rock song 8-)

i love how it sounds jazzy as well as rocky. nice fusion. whether it was intentional or not.

thineshan54321
19th June 2008, 02:44 AM

EF# G# F# G#
solli tha ra vaa

B B A.G GAB
hawa sun hawa

G#G# F#E EF#G#

thineshan... aahaa.... soopar pa.... excellent explanation.... wut bout similarity between Sonnalum and Hawa Sun Hawa? i think these 2 r even more close........ i know the 1st interlude, of the flutes sound alike.... but somehow something that the whole song [hawa sun hawa] just brings me back to the year 2002..... :D

hey i would say in terms of patterns solitharava is closer. but yes sonnalum starting sounds pretty close because of whole whole pattern. thing is our ears r very good at picking up whole note patterns. for example when u jump from a C to a D, its very easy to pick up (from experience). whereas with minor, its a bit tough. however i am assuming that when u listen to sonalum it sounds a bit i guess "soulful". this is because of the minor jumps (half note jumps) in the song. whereas hawa sun hawa sounds romantic and breezy (due to whole note patterns). please note, i am just sharing my opinion here, these are not facts. they can be :)

what i am surprised about is that no one picked up munbe vaa. if u listen to just the tune of munbe vaa and hawa sun hawa, ull know its SOOO close! they both use whole whole notes for the first bit and they both descend (not something very common in songs). as in they start at a high note and descend down. both munbe vaa and hawa sun hawa do that. here are the notes

hawa sun hawa:
BBAG GAB

munbe vaa:
A# A# G# F#

transposing (munbe vaa):
B B A G

**look at the first four ntoes same pattern.

however it is hard to pick this up due to the completely pole to pole orchestration in munbe vaa. the orchestration uses a lot of minor patterns that make it sound so different from hawa sun hawa. but thats nuff about this, these are just my observations when ramakrishna broguht it up... CANT WAIT FOR SUGAR CUBE!

dinesh2002
19th June 2008, 06:01 AM

EF# G# F# G#
solli tha ra vaa

B B A.G GAB
hawa sun hawa

G#G# F#E EF#G#

hey i would say in terms of patterns solitharava is closer. but yes sonnalum starting sounds pretty close because of whole whole pattern. thing is our ears r very good at picking up whole note patterns. for example when u jump from a C to a D, its very easy to pick up (from experience). whereas with minor, its a bit tough. however i am assuming that when u listen to sonalum it sounds a bit i guess "soulful". this is because of the minor jumps (half note jumps) in the song. whereas hawa sun hawa sounds romantic and breezy (due to whole note patterns). please note, i am just sharing my opinion here, these are not facts. they can be :)

what i am surprised about is that no one picked up munbe vaa. if u listen to just the tune of munbe vaa and hawa sun hawa, ull know its SOOO close! they both use whole whole notes for the first bit and they both descend (not something very common in songs). as in they start at a high note and descend down. both munbe vaa and hawa sun hawa do that. here are the notes

hawa sun hawa:
BBAG GAB

munbe vaa:
A# A# G# F#

transposing (munbe vaa):
B B A G

**look at the first four ntoes same pattern.

however it is hard to pick this up due to the completely pole to pole orchestration in munbe vaa. the orchestration uses a lot of minor patterns that make it sound so different from hawa sun hawa. but thats nuff about this, these are just my observations when ramakrishna broguht it up... CANT WAIT FOR SUGAR CUBE!

thineshan, ungall sevai, intha hub'ke thevai :D :D .... good observations and explanations...... :D ... dhanks'se!!

Yess.... me too waiting for sakarakatti, hopefully another 'Boys' is in the making :D!!!

ansa400
20th June 2008, 04:52 PM
Hey Dinesh,

Whos the actress in ur avtar??

SoftSword
20th June 2008, 05:02 PM
Hey Dinesh,

adhu dinesh'oda aalu....

dinesh2002
20th June 2008, 05:46 PM
Hey Dinesh,

ansa, its Madhushree, the Singer....

SS... YESSSSS !!! My aaleee!!!! :devil:

ansa400
20th June 2008, 06:30 PM
Hey Dinesh,

ansa, its Madhushree, the Singer....

SS... YESSSSS !!! My aaleee!!!! :devil:

Oh..ok....athu madushreeku theriyuma??? jus kidding bro..jus came to know u r a fanatic of her from the blog of urs...Rahman a minjama iruntha seri...haha..but yeah, she does look like an actress on this photo...

lancelot
20th June 2008, 08:49 PM
shame how ADA or Jane Tu.. Ya Jane Na is still not available in Sri Lanka :(
thank god for piracy! if not ill still be waiting, imagine that... :(

hehe
:D

MADDY
20th July 2008, 11:48 PM
yerterday Crajkumar_be had come to my place and we listened to ishq ada (male and female versions) continously for some 12-13 times..........he said he was just blown away........me too........ 8-)

after repated listenings i have no doubt that Ada is the album of decade 8-) .......its such a pity/tragedy/calamity that movie might never release :cry2:

Wibha
21st July 2008, 02:56 AM
yerterday Crajkumar_be had come to my place and we listened to ishq ada (male and female versions) continously for some 12-13 times..........he said he was just blown away........me too........ 8-)

after repated listenings i have no doubt that Ada is the album of decade 8-) .......its such a pity/tragedy/calamity that movie might never release :cry2:

why wouldn't the movie release? :?

ansa400
21st July 2008, 12:14 PM

Maddy sometimes its better if the movie doesn't get released at all. I mean rather than getting unnoticed after the movie releases like we've had so many films of ARR in the past its safe for it to not get released... We can treat this one as a non-film musical album by ARR...

Anant
25th July 2008, 11:31 PM

Anant
25th July 2008, 11:33 PM

he flute part especially yeah, even i had the same feelin,

Also, i find tu mera hai and varukirai from Ah aah similar, esp the violin background..any1 concur?

PS: im a newbie to this hub, this is first post, yay !

Wibha
25th July 2008, 11:34 PM
Welcome Anant :)

Ada Album this is the first time i'm listening to it :oops: :D

Meharbaan- is killing me :cry: it's SOO GOOD........rahman indeed has his best for hindi no doubts :notworthy: :D

Ishq Ada male version is GREAT....female version is just okay :)

other songs are good :D

thineshan54321
26th July 2008, 08:40 AM

Also, i find tu mera hai and varukirai from Ah aah similar, esp the violin background..any1 concur?

welcome to this group!!!

thineshan54321
26th July 2008, 08:41 AM

Meharbaan- is killing me :cry: it's SOO GOOD........rahman indeed has his best for hindi no doubts :notworthy: :D

for me it is the opposite. i like the female version very much and male version just okay. i think its because u r a girl and i am a guy. and so the saying "opposites attract" is once again proced true by Rahman

Wibha
26th July 2008, 10:03 AM
for me it is the opposite. i like the female version very much and male version just okay. i think its because u r a girl and i am a guy. and so the saying "opposites attract" is once again proced true by Rahman

makes sense :D

arr us such a genius :notworthy:

Anant
26th July 2008, 11:36 AM

i like the girl version better too , yay this proves im a guy :lol:

dinesh2002
26th July 2008, 03:01 PM

i like the girl version better too , yay this proves im a guy :lol:

ennapa ithe... hahahah.... paatekum gender generalization ah... :lol:

Ramakrishna
26th July 2008, 03:11 PM
i too like the female version

ArulprakasH
26th July 2008, 09:45 PM
i too like the Female version and also my friends... last week the most played songs in our room are
as it is in playlist...
Isqh Ada
Kabhi Kabhi
Pappu Cant dance
Sakkarakatti

crajkumar_be
27th July 2008, 02:03 AM
The female version is the best

thineshan54321
27th July 2008, 08:43 AM
so it seems guys like female version... when my cousins were here for a party and when we were playing cards, i chose the playlist and along with their fav recent songs (sakarakatti inclusive), i added jtyjn and ada. one of my cousin (girl) liked the male version so much while my other cousins (guys) forced me to skip it, lol!

prasana84
27th July 2008, 09:08 AM
Chanceless the male version is ultimate include the instrumentation it's awesome one of the best arr ever composed. female version is just okey.

thineshan54321
27th July 2008, 10:23 PM
Chanceless the male version is ultimate include the instrumentation it's awesome one of the best arr ever composed. female version is just okey.

prasanna neenga ampilaya pombilaya? :lol: :lol: jks jks.

prasana84
27th July 2008, 11:19 PM

prasanna neenga ampilaya pombilaya? :lol: :lol: jks jks.
nayagan pada stylela kekuraru?
Pattu nalla irukunu sonnathu thappa pochey poraliya kelappurangapaa. :lol:

Wibha
28th July 2008, 11:14 PM

:exactly:

the male version is JUST GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's so divine,emotional, it's just perfect....

female version the voice is not that impressive and is just okay :)

dinesh2002
29th July 2008, 06:05 AM

:exactly:

the male version is JUST GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's so divine,emotional, it's just perfect....

female version the voice is not that impressive and is just okay :)

Wibha...i seriously think the other way round... the female version was just too good... mesmerising and her voice was excellent.... OTOH, i felt the male version was dull and so-so....

:D... who is the female singer anyways?? new singer???

crajkumar_be
29th July 2008, 08:48 PM
ennappa ellarum sonnadhaye solrom :lol:
en pangukku naanum.... :razz:
Anyway, why put down the other version?

IMO - the male version was great, the female version was stunningly fantastic. Nothing "just/quite ok" about either version!

Wibha
29th July 2008, 11:43 PM
:lol:

fine lets come to a conclusion

majority girls like the male version and
guys like the female........no further arguments :twisted:

hub rap
30th July 2008, 12:11 AM
meherbaan :!:
the prelude which resembles the 'little miss sunshine' soundtrack was slightly worrying me. nevertheless, a great number.

between the male and female version of ishq ada hai, whichever version one likes initially will begin to wane off in effect and the other version will emerge winner.

Hai dard :thumbsup:

two three songs irked me right from my first hearing. Patience didnt pay. Anybody who liked all the songs here?

SoftSword
30th July 2008, 12:46 PM

i partly agree..

SoftSword
30th July 2008, 02:17 PM
:shock:

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/telugu/trailer/10387.html

take a look at the trailer...

Ramakrishna
30th July 2008, 03:06 PM

Thalaivar yaen ipdi pannar :cry:

A.ANAND
30th July 2008, 03:42 PM

puriyala sir!enna solla varinga ?thalaivar copy pannitaru innu sollarinngala :roll:

Ramakrishna
30th July 2008, 04:38 PM

puriyala sir!enna solla varinga ?thalaivar copy pannitaru innu sollarinngala :roll:

:P

SoftSword
30th July 2008, 04:43 PM
i also have heard that the music director of that movie is an emerging talent... but why?

Ramakrishna
30th July 2008, 04:48 PM
i also have heard that the music director of that movie is an emerging talent... but why?

athaan seriya copy adikkala. Experience pathala

dinesh2002
30th July 2008, 04:52 PM

guys.... its just the trailer music... it could be the producers just used the Meherbaan Instrumental as the trailer BGM.... nothing wrong in it... just like how some movies used WOHE tracks as trailer musics... :) ..... there is nothing ripped off done here...

guess they liked the song too much..... :P

Ramakrishna
30th July 2008, 05:04 PM

guys.... its just the trailer music... it could be the producers just used the Meherbaan Instrumental as the trailer BGM.... nothing wrong in it... just like how some movies used WOHE tracks as trailer musics... :) ..... there is nothing ripped off done here...

ippadiyellaam chattubuttunu panjaayatha mudichuttaa epdi :shock:

SoftSword
30th July 2008, 06:00 PM

yow...
enna velayaatta....
ivangala ellaam kaekka aalae illayaa...
ivangalukku pudichirundhaa ilutthu pottukkuvaangalaa...?
idhu epdi theriyuma irukku.... :P

prasana84
30th July 2008, 07:24 PM
i don't understand they can't copy just for the trailer they are doing i guess. many films took wohe music and used for their trailer.

A.ANAND
8th August 2008, 02:39 PM
[tscii:6776feac70]A yearful of Rahman continues with Ada

Janhvi Patel, Hill Road Media
Ada ...A Way Of Life
Artist:
Music Director: A.R. Rahman
Lyricist: Nusrat Badr and Raqeeb Alam
Label: Big Music
Genre: Bollywood

Review:

A.R. Rahman fans are going to have their ears full this month. The maestro, who usually composes for only one film a year, has had two of his soundtracks released in just two weeks, three months after Jodhaa Akbar. But that's not all. A couple of his soundtracks are to be released later this year as well. This, his third offering of the year, is the melodious and somewhat haunting score of Ada … A Way Of Life.

The songs have been written by Nusrat Badr and Raqeeb Alam and the two have penned some impassioned lyrics about love, greed and longing.

'Ishq Ada' (Male version) has been beautifully rendered by Rashid Ali, whose husky voice is quite a discovery. There's always some madness in love, this is what the song is about and it has the Rahman stamp all over it. After you've heard the entire album you'll realize how this first song has set the pace for the rest of the album.

‘Hawa Sun Hawa’ is sung by Sonu Nigam and Alka Yagnik, the duo that has given us some of the most heavenly songs in past decade and a half. Nothing extraordinary though, ‘Hawa Sun Hawa’ is a nice love song with an old-fashioned melody and a graceful rhythm.

The next song, ‘Gum Sum’, is also rendered by the Sonu Nigam and Alka Yagnik. While my expectations from this duo were quite high after the previous number, this one suddenly made me feel like I’d heard too much of them.

‘Gulfisha’ has Sonu, Sunidhi and Viviane Chaix on vocals and is signature Rahman. The most veiled of the lot, this one will have to be heard over and over. While the girls seduce with their distinct vocals, Sonu sounds refreshing, more so on this song than the first two. It may be too soon to say, but after spinning this disc a dozen times, I suspect this song will come to be seen as the album’s best.

‘Meherbaan’ has been sung by Rahman himself. He was accused of saving the best song for himself. While this one does not compare to his other songs (‘Dil Se’, ‘Khwaja Mere Khwaja’), it is delightful to listen to his soothing, comforting voice. Soft and slightly western, this brilliantly arranged song is peaceful and staggeringly affecting.

‘Tu Mera Hai’ features Chitra, who is very convincing in her declaration, with Sukhwinder Singh and Rahman’s discovery Naresh Iyer. The song, in spite of good musical arrangements, is not that good, but that may be because it is up against such tough competition.

‘Hai Dard’ is emphatically rendered by Udit Narayan and takes you back to the eerie ‘Ai Ajanbi’ from Dil Se.

Parul Mishra renders the female version of ‘Ishq Ada’ and scores just as well as her male counterpart. Parul is quite a find too, one minute she sounds like Chitra and the next minute she reminds you of Shibani Kashyap.

The album ends on the beautiful note of 'Meherbaan’s' instrumental version. Guitarist Sanjeev Thomas is magical.

Summing up the album I would say the musical genius has mixed genres and delivered soulful, melodious tunes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/tscii:6776feac70]

ajaybaskar
25th July 2009, 10:55 PM
The film is slated to be released on September 18th.

http://www.ahmadworldstudios.com/

MADDY
26th July 2009, 11:09 PM
The film is slated to be released on September 18th.

http://www.ahmadworldstudios.com/

oscar award kedachhu varra first padam - cutout vekkura plan - konjam discuss pannuvom :)

SoftSword
27th July 2009, 11:25 AM
idhukku mela nammaalukku apdi endha vilambaramum thevai illa...
pook'kadaikku edhukku sir name board... vaasamae sollaadha... ;)

but indha padatthu mela enakku avlova edhum impression illa... hope atleast the song videos impresses everyone... in that way the awesome tracks can reach the people who doesn even know of such gems....

Appu s
13th October 2009, 04:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx5rfsdHSGI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6C-irtWjok

Appu s
1st December 2009, 10:18 AM
http://www.glamsham.com/movies/scoops/09/nov/30-ada-team-waits-for-busy-rahman-110913.asp

When quizzed about the reason for delay, Ayaan divulges, "We were waiting for A.R. Rahman to do the background score of the film. He was quite caught up with SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE and quite a few other events pre and post Oscars. In fact he was gracious enough to allow a different composer coming in but my dad (Tanvir Ahmad) who has directed the movie wanted him only to do it."

Why did they choose this route when it was resulting in so much delay? After all the soundtrack had already hit the stands and completion of background score by another composer could have finished the job sooner.

"See, ADA is a musical journey and we didn't want to compromise by any means", clarifies Ayaan, "According to me as well as others who have heard Rahman's background score, it is one of his best works ever. After such a long wait when I hear the score today, all my frustration goes away.

A.ANAND
6th December 2009, 11:38 AM
A R Rahman's 'Yeh Ishq Hai' from Ada

http://www.bollyspice.com/view.php/3832-a-r-rahmans-yeh-ishq-hai-from-ada.html

A.ANAND
25th November 2010, 05:21 PM
New promos of Ada (24th Dec release?)

Theatrical trailer :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_JtvNykSXQ

Ishq ada hai :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWk1ScOdUv8

Meherbaan:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2f7Et1tcMU

A.ANAND
25th November 2010, 05:25 PM
http://www.adathemovie.com/

ajaybaskar
25th November 2010, 06:24 PM
Ada team: Innuma indha ooru nammala nambittu irukku?

A.ANAND
25th November 2010, 07:11 PM
paavam polachi pogatum vidungga!

Mahen
25th November 2010, 07:21 PM
Looks like a B grade flick :oops:

A.ANAND
25th November 2010, 07:38 PM
december release innu news varuthu but entha year innu innum uruthiya theriyala!

ajaybaskar
28th December 2010, 03:29 PM
Releasing on the last day of the year..

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs764.ash1/165523_121953914538341_100001711986309_130024_2510 196_n.jpg

Scale
12th January 2011, 11:51 AM
So, Is this Ada - A wave-off to life? Worst I believe!

ajaybaskar
12th January 2011, 12:00 PM
Amam.. Idhu release aana maatum yaaru paarkka poraanga?

ajaybaskar
31st January 2011, 06:41 PM
ADA is available on Youtube for overseas viewers

For indian Viewers it is available on AIRTEL DTH from today... please watch and post ur reactions

- Tanvir Ahmad (Producer Ada)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRd0si2aUdI

Please Note : This link will not work in India

SoftSword
31st January 2011, 06:51 PM
what??? they are not releasing in theatres and directly releasing in youtube? enna kodumai idhu... youtubela release panradhukka thalaivar bgm podanum?

dinesh2002
1st February 2011, 05:06 PM
what??? they are not releasing in theatres and directly releasing in youtube? enna kodumai idhu... youtubela release panradhukka thalaivar bgm podanum?

Wasnt the movie released a few months back? i rmemeber reading the movie's review somewhere?

Sunil_M88
1st February 2011, 06:01 PM
I saw the first 30 mins. All, I can say is the BGM is very well prioritized. A very complementing score from what I've seen so far. The 1st BGM piece which is in western classical is just something else and never heard before.