PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to make / remake this in tamil with...

Kollywoodfan
30th December 2007, 10:34 AM
So the purpose of this thread is basically conveyed in the title. You can take any movie / book in any language that you enjoyed and see how you would make/ remake it in tamil. If it is an uncommon film / book from another language, it would help to give some background info. You can post which actors you would like to see playing the characters or which director or music director would be good for it. Basically, recreate the same concept in tamil. Others can comment on it and make suggestions of their own.

Kollywoodfan
2nd January 2008, 09:18 PM
[tscii:6d1a5222b9]Behindwoods has come up with a good list of classics within tamil that can be remade and the potential teams.

Ajith and Vijay in Agni Nakshatram

This is a big one. One that will make everyone jump out of their seats!

Eighteen years back, Prabhu as Gautham and Karthik as Ashok set the screen on fire with their histrionics. Die hard Tamil Cinema fans and lunatic thinkers that we are at Behindwoods, we would give our left hands if the sparks can be rekindled again with two of the biggest Superstars of recent times, Ajith and Vijay.

Ajith as Gautham and Vijay as Ashok would set the cash registers ringing, only if the original is remade by the Master, Mani Ratnam himself. Music has to be A.R.Rahman. Did someone else cross your mind?

Vijay and Maddy in Naan Sigappu Manidan

Naan Sigappu Manidan directed by S.A. Chandrasekhar with superstar Rajini in the lead, rewrote box office history for its fast paced screenplay and the ensemble star cast. If you might recollect, Bhagyaraj graced the movie with a cameo role.

We concur that Vijay would fit into Rajini’s part perfectly.

We confer Bhagyaraj’s role on Madhavan and suggest the role to be a bit serious sans the comic element the original one had. Director’s cap? We give it to Murugadoss.

Surya in Thillumullu

Thillumullu – the evergreen comedy of all times to tickle your senses could be one of the most challenging ones to remake. Rajini proved that he could be a safe bet for comedy as well with this movie directed by Balachander – the badshah of storytelling.

Rajini’s role could be handed down to Surya who proved his comic element with Pithamagan, Mayavi and Peralagan.

Asin could do the role of Madhavi. Yuvan Shankar Raja’s contemporary music would do wonders for Thillumullu. Why not a couple of remix songs from the original movie too?

No one better than the Guru, Balachander himself to direct the movie.
Ajith in Sigappu Rojakkal

Psycho thrillers are a rare species in Tamil cinema. There has been no match to Sigappu Rojakkal, directed by Bharatiraja yet. There was not a single soul who was left undaunted after watching the movie for Kamal’s eerie portrayal of the psychic character.

Ajith – who has touched a similar kind of role in Vali – will be a suitable match for the remake of Sigappu Rojakkal.

We leave the direction part to Gautham and the music scene to Harris Jayaraj, whose combination proved time and again that reiterating hits is no tough task.
Vikram in Nayagan

The trendsetter movie of Tamil cinema Nayagan would be a real big one to remake. Kamal’s portrayal of Velunayakkar in the real life drama was breathtaking in the movie directed by Maniratnam. An intimidating task indeed, our choice to fill the shoes of Kamal for the role would be Vikram. While Sneha will fit the bill perfectly for Saranya’s character, Pasupathi can don the role of Janagaraj.

The director and musician’s role will – without any doubt – be reserved to Maniratnam and Rahman respectively.

The above is courtesy of behindwoods.com
http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Slideshows/slideshows2/remake-movies/tamil-cinema-remake.html
[/tscii:6d1a5222b9]

cuty2sweety
2nd January 2008, 10:11 PM
How about Jab we mwt in tamil?I am not sure about the lead roles but definitely no Jeyam Ravi:)

Wibha
2nd January 2008, 10:20 PM
i would love to see hum tum with sids and harini :redjump: :bluejump:

Kollywoodfan
2nd January 2008, 10:35 PM
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai

I've always wondered why no one attempted to remake this beautiful love story, but rather just took ideas from it ex) Ullam Ketkume

It would have been nice with Surya and Jyothika. :) Idk about Rani's role...

dinesh2002
2nd January 2008, 11:07 PM
Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge in tamil !! :clap:

an evergreen love story.... awesome sentiments too.... would love to see this film in tamil, which any leading pair, but there is doubt whether they can break the awesome chemistry between SRK & Kajol ;)

Kollywoodfan
2nd January 2008, 11:40 PM
I felt like Simran, when she was younger of course, could have pulled off Kajol's role, incidentally called Simran as well. SRK's role any hero, younger version. Like I think Vijay, Ajith, Maddy all could have pulled off this role had they been a little younger because it required that innocence and charm. Even SRK cannot do the role now.

Maybe someone like Bharath :roll: and new girl Kajal (she looks cute) or Genelia can attempt a DDLJ.

Devar Magan
3rd January 2008, 01:30 AM
crappy hindi movies :evil:

Wibha
3rd January 2008, 01:33 AM
heyy DM :evil:
yes DDLJ is crap :oops: 4 hours :fatigue:

i would like godavari in tamizh :D

kamalini only but hmmmm hero maybe maddy don't know or prasanna but he's kinda young for her

if laila had continued it cud've been laila prasanna :(

ajithfederer
3rd January 2008, 01:41 AM
:thumbsup: :rotfl:

Kollywoodfan
3rd January 2008, 02:12 AM

KKHH & DDLJ are not crap movies :angry2: :notthatway:

dinesh2002
3rd January 2008, 04:46 AM

KKHH & DDLJ are not crap movies :angry2: :notthatway:

dun worry Kollywoodfan, for him only Kamal films r good films, despite some of his movies were utter nonsense cum flops :lol:

Wibha, think u dont get the movie's feel right.... i believe ur either too young or too old 8-)

Wibha
3rd January 2008, 06:38 AM
dinesh its good but its way too long :fatigue: which takes away all the feel............................... i like KKHH just for kajol and rani........and i like just the first half.......the anjali kid :banghead: :banghead:

i would love to see mungaru male (a very beautiful love story in kannada ) in tamizh :D :notworthy: bet it would become a hit :D

don't know which actors though :(

kb
3rd January 2008, 06:42 AM
gud will hunting with kamal in robin williams role and another kamal in matt damen role too :) or may be .. jeeva/bharath.

on the other hand.. in lollu sabha this shud be done by..

robin williams- manohar
matts role - jeeva :lol:

dinesh2002
3rd January 2008, 06:56 AM
Wibha, yea .... 1 thing its a loong movie... agreed :)....

i would love to see 1 excellent Korean film in tamil... "200 Pounds Beauty" .... excellent performance by all the stars there... esp the lead gal [extremely beautiful when she becomes thin (her self actually)] .... the songs,lyrics & dialogue used was excellent.... really... very very touching... could easily make some1 cry.....truly suitable to be a tamil film :) the lead can be done by Shriya, [the korean actress looks like Shriya abit]http://www.broasia.com/lwboard/img/NEWS/294_0.jpg, and there is this antogonist in this film, who looks exactly like namitha http://www.pride-of-korea.de/img/dyn/film-200POUNDS_07.jpg, probably namitha should act in the tamil version :lol: .... actor was very serious yet humble kinda character, so maybe vijay could do justice to the role :)

Raikkonen
3rd January 2008, 11:59 AM
i want to remake the predator with t rajender

selvakumar
3rd January 2008, 12:06 PM
DDLJ crap ah ! :evil: :evil: :evil: :x :x :x

Edura Arivaala ! :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :P :P

Who can play kajol in the remake.. It is a tough question :lol: :lol:

DDLJ without any doubt is a good love story. The same goes to KKHH. But I hate all the other movies of karan joker :twisted:

VENKIRAJA
3rd January 2008, 12:23 PM
i want to remake the predator with t rajender

BEST IDEA AT THE HUB ALL THESE YEARS IMHO.... :lol:
Mungaru malle won't become a hit here IMO.......
I wanna remake vennala(telugu) with parvathi melton itself!

Munsamy
3rd January 2008, 12:37 PM
DDLJ crap ah ! :evil: :evil: :evil: :x :x :x

Edura Arivaala ! :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :P :P

Who can play kajol in the remake.. It is a tough question :lol: :lol:

DDLJ without any doubt is a good love story. The same goes to KKHH. But I hate all the other movies of karan joker :twisted:

Generally i don enjoy hindi movies at all.....might be due to my shortcomings with that language and the cultural differences.

I cud enjoy only a very few hindi movies and DDLJ was one of them.

selvakumar
3rd January 2008, 12:45 PM
Generally i don enjoy hindi movies at all.....might be due to my shortcomings with that language and the cultural differences.

I cud enjoy only a very few hindi movies and DDLJ was one of them.
Bulls eye boss :D

Kollywoodfan
3rd January 2008, 08:12 PM
These select hindi films would be nice to remake

Sholay (this is HUGE)
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
DDLJ
Lagaan & most Aamir Khan films
Hum Apke Hain Koun
Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham, not my favorite, but it would nice to see the huge star cast assembled if this was remade in tamil.

I heard that Maddy wanted to remake SRK's Yes Boss. Nice, funny film. SRK's Duplicate would be nice too.

Pras
3rd January 2008, 08:24 PM

ya :twisted: ...

hindi movies in tamil :shock: :evil:

Pras
3rd January 2008, 08:26 PM
moondru mugam with vikram :D

villan007
3rd January 2008, 09:15 PM

:lol: vitta hindi ethirpu poratam nadathuveenga pola :lol2:

raaja_rasigan
3rd January 2008, 09:20 PM
Ajith and Vijay in Agni Nakshatram

This is a big one. One that will make everyone jump out of their seats!

Eighteen years back, Prabhu as Gautham and Karthik as Ashok set the screen on fire with their histrionics. Die hard Tamil Cinema fans and lunatic thinkers that we are at Behindwoods, we would give our left hands if the sparks can be rekindled again with two of the biggest Superstars of recent times, Ajith and Vijay.

Ajith as Gautham and Vijay as Ashok would set the cash registers ringing, only if the original is remade by the Master, Mani Ratnam himself. Music has to be A.R.Rahman. Did someone else cross your mind?

Dhanush and Simbhu in Agni Nakshatram

:)

Ramakrishna
3rd January 2008, 09:49 PM
RDB in tamil

Ramakrishna
3rd January 2008, 09:50 PM
RDB in tamil

selvakumar
4th January 2008, 09:55 AM
RDB in tamil
will it work in tamil ?

Wibha
4th January 2008, 09:57 AM

Sholay (this is HUGE)
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
DDLJ
Lagaan & most Aamir Khan films
Hum Apke Hain Koun
Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham, not my favorite, but it would nice to see the huge star cast assembled if this was remade in tamil.

I heard that Maddy wanted to remake SRK's Yes Boss. Nice, funny film. SRK's Duplicate would be nice too.

any movie EXCEPT K3G :pls: goshhhhhh this movie is worse than blade :evil: oru kalyaanatha vechindu aadara aatam :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

and the title song :evil: more than khushi there's only gham in her voice :evil:

Kollywoodfan
4th January 2008, 09:57 AM
:lol:

selvakumar
4th January 2008, 09:59 AM
wibhs :rotfl: :lol:
Today's dinakaran carries a news that JAB WE MET is being remade in tamil.

Wibha
4th January 2008, 10:03 AM
Jab we met is OKAY :?

I would loveeee to see RDB and Lagaan in tamizh but it wudn't work out................

bommarilu in tamizh with SIDDARTH and not JEYAM :evil:

Kollywoodfan
4th January 2008, 11:06 AM

I would loveeee to see RDB and Lagaan in tamizh but it wudn't work out................

romba late solreenge, ippo onu panna mudiyathu :notthatway:

Wibha
4th January 2008, 11:08 AM
i know :cry2: :cry3:
thappu pannitaaru :evil: whoever chose jeyam or if jeyam chose himself :?

dinesh2002
4th January 2008, 11:09 AM

yea.... same here.... i hated Ravi in something something, he practically aped everything what Siddarth did in the telugu version... but it was very annoying..arrghhh!! :evil: ..... bommarilu in tamil'ke enna agapotho!!

Shakthiprabha.
4th January 2008, 11:27 AM
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai

I've always wondered why no one attempted to remake this beautiful love story, but rather just took ideas from it ex) Ullam Ketkume

It would have been nice with Surya and Jyothika. :) Idk about Rani's role...

hmm...

Though I wonder if anyone can match up with the strong chemistry which kajol and srk had :)

my choice would be (only taking in consideration the curr gen )

SRK - Madhavan
KAJOL - Reema sen
RANI - Sneha

Shakthiprabha.
4th January 2008, 11:29 AM
Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge in tamil !! :clap:

an evergreen love story.... awesome sentiments too.... would love to see this film in tamil, which any leading pair, but there is doubt whether they can break the awesome chemistry between SRK & Kajol ;)

Ah there it is!

Even I doubt it

May be

SRK = VIJAY
KAJOL = Jyothika

or

SRK - AJIT
KAJOL - LAILA

Kollywoodfan
4th January 2008, 11:31 AM

yea.... same here.... i hated Ravi in something something, he practically aped everything what Siddarth did in the telugu version... but it was very annoying..arrghhh!! :evil: ..... bommarilu in tamil'ke enna agapotho!!

The only remake that Jeyam Ravi was perfect in was in Jeyam, lol. Although he did do well in the others, the actual character itself didn't seem to suit him. He didn't suit Siddarth's role at all lookwise or performance-wise in Something Something. idk about Bommarillu, but I pretty much think we'll get a similar result. Jeyam Ravi doesn't possess that charm that Siddharth has, but either way, Genelia is the scene-stealer so hopefully she'll overshadow him in Bommarillu. :mrgreen:

Shakthiprabha.
4th January 2008, 11:31 AM

Hum Apke Hain Koun

May be

Tamanna and Jeeva

Wibha
4th January 2008, 11:34 AM
The only remake that Jeyam Ravi was perfect in was in Jeyam, lol. Although he did do well in the others, the actual character itself didn't seem to suit him. He didn't suit Siddarth's role at all lookwise or performance-wise in Something Something. idk about Bommarillu, but I pretty much think we'll get a similar result. Jeyam Ravi doesn't possess that charm that Siddharth has, but either way, Genelia is the scene-stealer so hopefully she'll overshadow him in Bommarillu. :mrgreen:

gene will rock ;)

she looks like his daughter :cry2: cha sids just missed :cry3:

Kollywoodfan
4th January 2008, 11:35 AM
So, this is probably entirely out of the question now but,

Kuch Kuch Hota Hai

SRK- Vijay
Kajol - Simran

DDLJ

SRK - Ajith
Kajol - Jyothika

Wibha
4th January 2008, 11:36 AM
KKHH DDLJ

i would LOVEEEEEEEEEEe to see
sridevi kamal do it :thumbsup:

OR

kamal and gauthami :notworthy:

Shakthiprabha.
4th January 2008, 11:36 AM
There is a kannada movie, name of which I FORGOT :oops: (may be wibhs could help me)

ANANTH NAG played the lead role. The story is about an anonymous love letter/calls and pranks played by an anonymous lady.

Finally towards the climax (her body is kept for him to see) he comes to know she suffered from cancer .

Ananth nag refuses to see the face or the pic and decides to suffice his love with just her voice.

NO HEROINE in this movie, JUST A BLIND chase for the honey coated voice!

I think MADHAVAN can play this role. OR SURYA?

Shakthiprabha.
4th January 2008, 11:38 AM
KKHH

srk / kamal
kajol / sridevi
rani / jayapradha

is fine too

:P

or

srk / rajni
kajol / sripriya
rani / sridevi/madhavi

Saeed
4th January 2008, 11:40 AM
please don't associate Ajith or Kamal with mokkai Hindi films. These films are best suited for lollypops

Wibha
4th January 2008, 11:40 AM
KKHH

srk / kamal
kajol / sridevi
rani / jayapradha

is fine too

:P

or

srk / rajni
kajol / sripriya
rani / sridevi/madhavi

ap akka ennoda idea copy :devil:

was it avasthe ? :huh:

Shakthiprabha.
4th January 2008, 11:43 AM
AVASTHE?

therila wibha? I aint sure of the name, AWEEEESOME MOVIE.

Gripping till end, even we start imagining and wondering along with our hero, when is this honey voiced woman gonna show up

Pathetic climax :)

Kollywoodfan
4th January 2008, 11:44 AM
Mr. and Mrs. Smith would be awesome :wink:

Vikram & Shreya

Shakthiprabha.
4th January 2008, 11:47 AM
Mr and Mrs iyer :D

with

Vikramaditya and Tamanna

Shakthiprabha.
4th January 2008, 11:49 AM
KARZ / OM SHANTHI OM

with

SURYA / JYOTHIKA

Wibha
4th January 2008, 11:49 AM
AVASTHE?

therila wibha? I aint sure of the name, AWEEEESOME MOVIE.

Gripping till end, even we start imagining and wondering along with our hero, when is this honey voiced woman gonna show up

Pathetic climax :)

hmmmmm can't remember :?

i would want ganeshana maduvea :rotfl:

it's such a good comedy

probably ramesh aravind jayaram and all cud do it :rotfl:

Mahen
4th January 2008, 12:39 PM
Dil chata hai..

Vijay(aamir)
Ajith(akshey khanna)
Surya(saif)
Dimple(nadiya)
Tamanna(preity)

Wibha
4th January 2008, 12:47 PM
DCH

i would give sids,maddy and surya

sids-SAIF :rotfl: he'd be GREAT
maddy-Akshay
surya- aamir
preety-jo/simran
saif's pair- genelia :D or trisha
dimple-meena

Shakthiprabha.
4th January 2008, 12:56 PM
DCH

i would give sids,maddy and surya

sids-SAIF :rotfl: he'd be GREAT
maddy-Akshay
surya- aamir
preety-jo/simran
saif's pair- genelia :D or trisha
dimple-meena

I would go with u :thumbsup:

Ramakrishna
4th January 2008, 01:05 PM
hmmmmm can't remember :?

i would want ganeshana maduvea :rotfl:

it's such a good comedy

probably ramesh aravind jayaram and all cud do it :rotfl:

:rotfl: nee eppovumey ippadithaana :lol2:

Wibha
4th January 2008, 01:10 PM
unkooda pesi pesi thaan ippadi aanean :banghead: :cry2:

andha movieku enna korachal :huh:

Pras
4th January 2008, 01:19 PM

:lol: vitta hindi ethirpu poratam nadathuveenga pola :lol2:

hindi padam tamil-il venaam sangam amaipom 8-)

Ramakrishna
4th January 2008, 02:51 PM

antha padamey koraichal thaan :lol2:

dell_gt
4th January 2008, 04:37 PM
how about sixth sense.... kamal sir as bruce wils...

littlemaster1982
4th January 2008, 06:52 PM
There is a kannada movie, name of which I FORGOT :oops: (may be wibhs could help me)

ANANTH NAG played the lead role. The story is about an anonymous love letter/calls and pranks played by an anonymous lady.

Finally towards the climax (her body is kept for him to see) he comes to know she suffered from cancer .

Ananth nag refuses to see the face or the pic and decides to suffice his love with just her voice.

This one sounds dangerously close to the disaster by T.Rajendar's film 'Monisha En Monalisa' :oops: :|

Raikkonen
4th January 2008, 09:17 PM
Die Hard with Visaykanth.. we can replace all German and other terrorists with Pakistan guys who can speak Tamil fluently..

Shakthiprabha.
4th January 2008, 10:14 PM

This one sounds dangerously close to the disaster by T.Rajendar's film 'Monisha En Monalisa' :oops: :|

OH!!!

Haven't seen that movie.

I thought MUMTAZ acted in it.

THIS MOVIE HAS NO HEROINE :)

and its way diff from regular masala movies :(

littlemaster1982
4th January 2008, 11:16 PM
It's ulta in Monisha.... It's the hero who makes anonymous calls and play pranks. He dies in an accident at last. Mokkai padam :evil:

Kalyasi
4th January 2008, 11:23 PM
How Shathrapathi(Telugu) in Tamil with Vikram playing the lead role of Prabhas??

Wibha
5th January 2008, 03:47 AM

antha padamey koraichal thaan :lol2:

:x :x :x unkooda :hammer:

DIL TO PAGAL HAI in tamizh :clap:

but we need two good actresses who can dance :|

simran :?
SRK- maddy :cool:, ajith :?

Movie Cop
5th January 2008, 04:35 AM
BLACK
Amitabh Bachan = Kamal Haasan, Rani Mukherjee = Asin

Teen Deewarein
Nasseruddin Shah = Kamal Haasan, Jackie Shroff = Arvind Swamy, Nagesh Kukunoor = Surya, Juhi Chawla = Rohini or Anu Haasan

OM SHANTHI OM
SRK = Surya or Vijay, Deepika Padukone = Shreya or Asin, Music = ARR

Shakthiprabha.
5th January 2008, 09:09 AM
BLACK
Amitabh Bachan = Kamal Haasan, Rani Mukherjee = Asin

Good thought of BLACK being remade.
BLACK needs MATURED performance (not ASIN :? )

I would go with KAMALHASSAN / RAJNIKANT / SATHYARAJ

Rani can be = JYO or PRIYAMANI or SANDHYA

Teen Deewarein
Nasseruddin Shah = Kamal Haasan, Jackie Shroff = Arvind Swamy, Nagesh Kukunoor = Surya, Juhi Chawla = Rohini or Anu Haasan

Good chioce :thumbsup:

OM SHANTHI OM
SRK = Surya or Vijay, Deepika Padukone = Shreya or Asin, Music = ARR

Reg this ive mentioned

my choice would be SURYA and JYOTHIKA

m_23_bayarea
5th January 2008, 09:32 AM
KABHI KUSHI KABHI GHAM! Wonderful family subject with a lot of glitz and glamor... Donno who the actors could be though! :P

Prabo
5th January 2008, 01:41 PM
What abt RGV's Satya. I guess its one of the best gangster movie to be made in bollywood. RGV's glorious days. As far as the star cast, i would go for Ajith as Satya (Sakravarthy), coz less dialogues, more expressions and fiery performance. For Bikku(Manoj Bajbai) either Daniel Balaji or Pasupathi should fit. Even Arya may be apt for that terrific role. Music by YSR. Infact the original music itself was a hit and BGM has a haunting feel to it. I guess it was Sandeep Chowta, he should also do well for this movie. Camera - Rathnavelu or Nirav, Editor - Srikar or Antony. Finally, director - Selvaraghavan, should do well or Vishnu

Prabo
5th January 2008, 02:07 PM
Again an RGV movie, "Shiva"(Udayam in tamil) will be a good remake for any hero striving for heroism. That college fight scene b/w Naga & Chakravathy and Naga escaping with a kid in cycle(now it can be altered to bike chase :) ) were terrific. Actors, i am tempted to go for Ajith, as he did & does a lot of gangster movies. But, this being a college movie someone young who loks young like Surya or Arya will do well. Bhavani(Raguvaran), its difficult to imagine someone for this role.

thamizhvaanan
5th January 2008, 03:10 PM
King Kong :2thumbsup:

TR and mumtaj in lead. vayyapuri as the scriptwriter :boo:

Shakthiprabha.
5th January 2008, 03:58 PM

:roll:

Raikkonen
5th January 2008, 04:38 PM

Good
Atleast there will be no make-up cost

dinesh2002
5th January 2008, 04:43 PM

Good
Atleast there will be no make-up cost

:lol: :rotfl: :rotfl:

thats a good one !! :lol:

Devar Magan
5th January 2008, 05:04 PM
casting kamal in remakes of sub-std movies is a crime.. discussing such things is a sin

thilak4life
5th January 2008, 05:06 PM
Yeah, Kamal is way above remakes. He'll never do 'em. Especially the loud opulent and flawed Black is something that I don;'t think Kamal should do. He's a more creative genius than likes of SLB, and Kukunoor!

Ramakrishna
5th January 2008, 08:07 PM
casting kamal in remakes of sub-std movies is a crime.. discussing such things is a sin

Correct...avangalukku ellaam enna thandanai kudukkalaam :evil:

dinesh2002
5th January 2008, 08:19 PM
Yeah, Kamal is way above remakes. He'll never do 'em. Especially the loud opulent and flawed Black is something that I don;'t think Kamal should do. He's a more creative genius than likes of SLB, and Kukunoor!

Avvai Shanmugi ?! :poke:

Ramakrishna
5th January 2008, 08:23 PM

Y go so far. There is Vasoolraja which i feel he shouldn't have done.

thilak4life
5th January 2008, 08:37 PM

VRMBBS :poke: :hammer: (all the more for this thing to stop)
Sathya :poke: Kuruthipunal :poke: (but they were good to even brilliant)

Btw, Those who haven't seen the original film would probably call AS as a remake. If it's called as one, then perhaps Kamal should do more of that. I simply liked AS, The events, and context are adapted well. (just like the recent Falling down to Evano Oruvan), In any case, I prefer AS to Robin william's film. Ditto with Thenali-What about bob! Although I didn't like Thenali all that well! There are many films where the inspirations are far better than the remakes. Balu mahendra's Sathileelavathy is one quick example..

In any case, the best films of Kamal are Hey! Ram, Mahanadhi, MMKR, Pushpak, Virumandi, etcetra , like Madan of MMKR, KAmal should probably say: So, All the more, ennayE naan namburen to himself ;)

dinesh2002
5th January 2008, 08:56 PM
AS is def a remake of Mrs. Doubtfire.... the basic story is ripped from it... just that the screenplay and all the others were handled in an INDIAN manner...and if u liked AS.... credit goes to K.S.Ravikumar and not Kamal...

FYI, i saw Mrs. Doubtfire more than 50 times.

Devar Magan
5th January 2008, 09:00 PM
AS is def a remake of Mrs. Doubtfire.... the basic story is ripped from it... just that the screenplay and all the others were handled in an INDIAN manner...and if u liked AS.... credit goes to K.S.Ravikumar and not Kamal...

FYI, i saw Mrs. Doubtfire more than 50 times. :lol: remake-na ennanu theriyuma unakku??

none of stanley kubrick's movies have an original story..

only if a director uses the same scenes/camera angles/dialogues/music then its a remake...

this is the difference bet remake and an inspiration/adaptation..

dinesh2002
5th January 2008, 09:03 PM

FYI, i saw Mrs. Doubtfire more than 50 times. :lol: remake-na ennanu theriyuma unakku??

none of stanley kubrick's movies have an original story..

only if a director uses the same scenes/camera angles/dialogues/music then its a remake...

this is the difference bet remake and an inspiration/adaptation..

Seringe.... ungalakku thaan remakes/inspiration/adaptation patthi naraiya teriyanum.... if u know wut i mean.... :lol:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
5th January 2008, 09:06 PM
Seringe.... ungalakku thaan remakes/inspiration/adaptation patthi naraiya teriyanum.... if u know wut i mean.... :lol: and may be its u who know what is copy\xerox, 1 to 1, ect.... if u know wut i mean.... :lol:

dinesh2002
5th January 2008, 09:10 PM
Seringe.... ungalakku thaan remakes/inspiration/adaptation patthi naraiya teriyanum.... if u know wut i mean.... :lol: and may be its u who know what is copy\xerox, 1 to 1, ect.... if u know wut i mean.... :lol:

look who is talking bout copying ...... repeating my lines back.... vendam pa.... copying Kamal oode vithirenge.... neenge fans ellam follow pannathinge.... :lol: :lol2:

Devar Magan
5th January 2008, 09:12 PM
vetti peeteru party-galukkellaam naan ithukku mela reply panna porathillai..

dinesh2002
5th January 2008, 09:16 PM
Othekethange..... Good..... :thumbsup: :lol:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
5th January 2008, 09:21 PM
200 kodi roobai karuppu panam naatukulla puzakkathula vittuttu, hawala pannittu, athai "Sivaaji Indiavil karuppu panathai ozichitaat, India vallarasu naadaaga maariyathu" appadinnu gupdaa vitta, athai New Story, Original Idea nnu nambura levella thaan neenga irukeenga :poke: . athunaala unga thaleevaroda directors kastapada vendiyathillai

but kamal fans, engalai satisfy pannurathu kashtam. athaan enga thalaivar appadiyellaam panraar :wink:

dinesh2002
5th January 2008, 09:24 PM
200 kodi roobai karuppu panam naatukulla puzakkathula vittuttu, hawala pannittu, athai "Sivaaji Indiavil karuppu panathai ozichitaat, India vallarasu naadaaga maariyathu" appadinnu gupdaa vitta, athai New Story, Original Idea nnu nambura levella thaan neenga irukeenga :poke: . athunaala unga thaleevaroda directors kastapada vendiyathillai

but kamal fans, engalai satisfy pannurathu kashtam. athaan enga thalaivar appadiyellaam panraar :wink:

u sure take MOVIES really serious huh.... 8-) good good....

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
5th January 2008, 09:28 PM
u sure take MOVIES really serious huh.... 8-) good good....u sure take MOVIES story,originality really serious huh.... 8-) good good....

thilak4life
5th January 2008, 09:32 PM
a)the basic story is ripped from it...
b)just that the screenplay and all the others were handled in an INDIAN manner...
c)and if u liked AS.... credit goes to K.S.Ravikumar and not Kamal...

a) Borrowing a base story doesn't qualify as a lift. Would every MPD qualify as a rip-off of Psycho?
b) Of course, I've already said that The events, and context are adapted well. (just like the recent Falling down to Evano Oruvan), and it only supports my claim. The Indian clash of the classes milieu is not even a part of the original, and to add to it, there's a cyclic "crush" theory revolving around Shanmughi. The original has a boy friend theory to revolve the story, and it's the pivotal element there, and the nanny-daddy of AS against the one of Mrs.D are far from even sharing a similar line of thought over the narrative. It's only the very basic point that they share! By this theory, could we argue that Schindler's list was remade as Hotel rwanda, with both the films sharing the concept of a man belonging to an oppressing sect protecting the lives of the other (who are being oppressed)? Or, let's go to history, does Jhansi rani inspire Joan of arc, or the other way around. :) The term "remake" should be redefined, I say..
c) I never claimed Kamal alone was a reason! I liked Crazy's work - the sabha humour is too infectious. Even the small characters of Nasser, Nagesh, Manivannan and heck, even Heera (could you give me the exact "parallels" from Mrs.D - hey, you were the one who claims it's a remake) were written, and acted well. What I said was Kamal should do more remakes like that, because I liked the film a lot more than Mrs.Doubtfire. Of course, Kamal's performance is one of the reasons that I rate this as the gold-standard of (fe)male roles in Indian context, of course Dustin hoffman or the Curtis-Lemmon pair, to Williams have done with mainstream parameters of world cinema.

And any day a remake of Kamal is more creative than fan-thumping manipulative films made in name of entertaining, which in short I call as "creative retardness". :wink:

Just a doubt - At first, you say KSR is the reason for AS's brilliance, and then again, you fight over Kamal's involvment in the "copy" act?

dinesh2002
5th January 2008, 09:33 PM
u sure take MOVIES really serious huh.... 8-) good good....u sure take MOVIES story,originality really serious huh.... 8-) good good....

Adadadada... thiripi thiripi yen line'eh copy panuringele.... vendam pa.... ORIGINAL'la yosinge..... :lol: no adaption,inspiration, copying all.... athe cinema kaarangalode irukathum 8-)

dinesh2002
5th January 2008, 09:38 PM
a)the basic story is ripped from it...
b)just that the screenplay and all the others were handled in an INDIAN manner...
c)and if u liked AS.... credit goes to K.S.Ravikumar and not Kamal...

a) Borrowing a base story doesn't qualify as a lift. Would every MPD qualify as a rip-off of Psycho?
b) Of course, I've already said that The events, and context are adapted well. (just like the recent Falling down to Evano Oruvan), and it only supports my claim. The Indian clash of the classes milieu is not even a part of the original, and to add to it, there's a cyclic "crush" theory revolving around Shanmughi. The original has a boy friend theory to revolve the story, and it's the pivotal element there, and the nanny-daddy of AS against the one of Mrs.D are far from even sharing a similar line of thought over the narrative. It's only the very basic point that they share! By this theory, could we argue that Schindler's list was remade as Hotel rwanda, with both the films sharing the concept of a man belonging to an oppressing sect protecting the lives of the other (who are being oppressed)? Or, let's go to history, does Jhansi rani inspire Joan of arc, or the other way around. :) The term "remake" should be redefined, I say..
c) I never claimed Kamal alone was a reason! I liked Crazy's work - the sabha humour is too infectious. Even the small characters of Nasser, Nagesh, Manivannan and heck, even Heera (could you give me the exact "parallels" from Mrs.D - hey, you were the one who claims it's a remake) were written, and acted well. What I said was Kamal should do more remakes like that, because I liked the film a lot more than Mrs.Doubtfire. Of course, Kamal's performance is one of the reasons that I rate this as the gold-standard of (fe)male roles in Indian context, of course Dustin hoffman or the Curtis-Lemmon pair, to Williams have done with mainstream parameters of world cinema.

And any day a remake of Kamal is more creative than fan-thumping manipulative films made in name of entertaining, which in short I call as "creative retardness". :wink:

Just a doubt - At first, you say KSR is the reason for AS's brilliance, and then again, you fight over Kamal's involvment in the "copy" act?

well, the 1st message i quoted claimed Kamal shouldnt be assosiated with any REMAKES etc etc....

Yeah, Kamal is way above remakes. He'll never do 'em.

isnt Avvai Shanmugi still a remake?? and isnt that a KAMAL STARER movie?! come on... stop going on the detailed part.... just answer me in 1 line... YES or NO ....

crediting KSR is becoz if u DID like the movie, [knowing it had it indian flavour in it], it goes to him... isnt he the Director of the movie??

Get it?? :huh:

Sheeshh... u people r so sensitive.... Kamal is like God for u guys.... :frightened:

thilak4life
5th January 2008, 09:54 PM
well, the 1st message i quoted claimed Kamal shouldnt be assosiated with any REMAKES etc etc....

Yeah, Kamal is way above remakes. He'll never do 'em.

isnt Avvai Shanmugi still a remake?? and isnt that a KAMAL STARER movie?! come on.

It's not a remake. VRMBBS is, and Sathya is, and Kuruthiupunal is. But as I clarified later, his best films are all original. I want more of that than remakes. (here's another UMT from Rudraveena)

.. stop going on the detailed part.... just answer me in 1 line... YES or NO ....

Sorry, I don't react with instinct. I believe in facts, logic and reason. I couldn't go beyond the "details", and simply give an incredible reply..

crediting KSR is becoz if u DID like the movie, [knowing it had it indian flavour in it], it goes to him... isnt he the Director of the movie??

Of course, but where did I say otherwise. I've always believed in KSR's role. You didn't have to spell it out for me. To quote you back again, Get it?? :huh:

u people r so sensitive.... Kamal is like God for u guys.... :frightened:
Oh I'll put on a bigilist facade for now, and say I am guilty as charged. After all, It's Kamal haasan :wink: To stress on "like God", there are no gods! I'm against the devotion to any entity, even humans.

Regarding sensitive, (as I'm a man who believe in conviction), Man is so much more sensitive to the contempt of others than to contempt for himself. That's all the more why I retaliate to your claims. O' course, I quoted this from Friedrich Nietzsche, oh the irony! :)

BTw, who are these other guys? I'm the only guy here. :)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
5th January 2008, 09:55 PM

Adadadada... thiripi thiripi yen line'eh copy panuringele.... vendam pa.... ORIGINAL'la yosinge..... :lol: no adaption,inspiration, copying all.... athe cinema kaarangalode irukathum 8-)

ha ha ha nan unga lines copy pannuren but main matter modify pannuren. ethu copy ethu reply nnu diff theriyaathavannga nu prove panniteenga :poke:

thilak4life
5th January 2008, 09:59 PM
Now please..let's get back to the topic, and um.. yeah, we were discussing about AS. If you're convinced of my aforementioned points on AS-Mrs.D, Then okay. Let's digress. :)

thilak4life
5th January 2008, 10:05 PM
And since, you were talking of my original line which seems to bother. Yeah, Kamal is way above remakes. He'll never do 'em. I said He'll never - He will never. And it's not He has never. Touche. :) Moreover, I said this in context of Kamal-the-autuer. Didn't I say, He's a more creative genius than likes of SLB, and Kukunoor! SLB and kukunoor are directors, and were actually in riposte to Black and 3 Deewarein that Movie-cop had proposed. :)

dinesh2002
5th January 2008, 10:16 PM
hahahahaha.... Thilak..... i dunno what to say... really..... u guys r really funny :lol: Thilak,i said U GUYS becoz there were another 2 more superb sagalais answering me too :P.....

well, have it ur way..... im just too excited now.... ROBOT news is simply a dream come true... :D

thilak4life
5th January 2008, 10:24 PM
hahahahaha.... Thilak..... i dunno what to say... really..... u guys r really funny :lol: Thilak,i said U GUYS becoz there were another 2 more superb sagalais answering me too :P.....

Oh come on... You were quoting a post that I wrote specially countering the points that you raised, and nothing more. By the time I was posting, the others who were replying to you. How it would make me a part of the guys? ;) And, I was posting to the topic on question, in line of the discourse! ;) Now, don't tell me I'm funny, and I'm part of "the guys". :twisted:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
5th January 2008, 10:24 PM

well, have it ur way..... im just too excited now.... ROBOT news is simply a dream come true... :D

hhe hhe hhe :poke: we know how and what to answer, whom to answer ect. i said we becos 2 more sagalais are answering to you :wink:

dinesh2002
5th January 2008, 10:30 PM

Oh come on... You were quoting a post that I wrote specially countering the points that you raised, and nothing more. By the time I was posting, the others who were replying to you. How it would make me a part of the guys? ;) And, I was posting to the topic on question, in line of the discourse! ;) Now, don't tell me I'm funny, and I'm part of "the guys". :twisted:

:lol: ok ok.... ur def not a part of "the guys" and "funny man" .... ;) ... a very very factual man.... enna ok va? ;)

thilak4life
5th January 2008, 10:34 PM

:lol: ok ok.... ur def not a part of "the guys" and "funny man" .... ;) ... a very very factual man.... enna ok va? ;)

Adhu! ;) Like Nalla of Anbe Sivam says, Pollachu pongO! :lol:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
5th January 2008, 10:48 PM
:lol: ok ok.... ur def not a part of "the guys" and "funny man" .... ;) ... a very very factual man.... enna ok va? ;)Athu! thatswhy i said, kamal fans know what to answer to whom, when and how. and that depends on what you ask. in that we , i needed to answer u funny way and tilak needed to ans seriously :wink: it all depends what u ask

dinesh2002
5th January 2008, 11:10 PM
:lol: ok ok.... ur def not a part of "the guys" and "funny man" .... ;) ... a very very factual man.... enna ok va? ;)Athu! thatswhy i said, kamal fans know what to answer to whom, when and how. and that depends on what you ask. in that we , i needed to answer u funny way and tilak needed to ans seriously :wink: it all depends what u ask

u dun get it do u...i mean Thilak is not categorized with U GUYS... :twisted: ... Haiyo...Haiyo [Vadivelu style] :lol:

dinesh2002
5th January 2008, 11:11 PM

Adhu! ;) Like Nalla of Anbe Sivam says, Pollachu pongO! :lol:

Thooda.... perusu sollitharu :lol:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
5th January 2008, 11:12 PM
u dun get it do u...i mean Thilak is not categorized with U GUYS... :twisted: ... Haiyo...Haiyo [Vadivelu style] :lol:hey thats what i said. becos u didnt discuss same stuff with all 3 rite? thatswhy i said we know how, to whom, and when to answer :poke:

i am repeating this 3rd time, now who shud say Haiyo...Haiyo [Vadivelu style]? :lol: :lol:

dinesh2002
5th January 2008, 11:21 PM
u dun get it do u...i mean Thilak is not categorized with U GUYS... :twisted: ... Haiyo...Haiyo [Vadivelu style] :lol:hey thats what i said. becos u didnt discuss same stuff with all 3 rite? thatswhy i said we know how, to whom, and when to answer :poke:

i am repeating this 3rd time, now who shud say Haiyo...Haiyo [Vadivelu style]? :lol: :lol:

romba mande kolimbipoocho? :P .... its ok.... guess its normal for U GUYS to think only in 1 angle.... paruva illai.... :lol:

thilak4life
5th January 2008, 11:25 PM
AhA. Vidunga pa... I just retaliated because it's been a routine stereotype in hub to address multiple rejections/arguments in common than to address them without getting a bit judgmental as a "Group". You know all that jazz of making a cliched Kamal fan group, cliched Raaja fan group, cliched Rahman fan group, cliched NT fan group.. It's about time we've made Hub a more progressive discussion portal.. That's all!

BTW, Dinesh, happy b'day thambi! (from your signature) ;)

dinesh2002
5th January 2008, 11:29 PM
AhA. Vidunga pa... I just retaliated because it's been a routine stereotype in hub to address multiple rejections/arguments in common than to address them without getting a bit judgmental as a "Group". You know all that jazz of making a cliched Kamal fan group, cliched Raaja fan group, cliched Rahman fan group, cliched NT fan group.. It's about time we've made Hub a more progressive discussion portal.. That's all!

BTW, Dinesh, happy b'day thambi! (from your signature) ;)

Thilak... really.... i was just playing around.... no seriousness in my posts... it was fun playing around.... hehe.... if there is no small funny arguments like this, then we wont be able to be closer.... i do hope sakalavallavan sagalai dun take it serious too.... haha... :P

thank u bro... but its not a nice birthday this year.... im out of teenage life.... :cry:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
5th January 2008, 11:40 PM

romba mande kolimbipoocho? :P .... its ok.... guess its normal for U GUYS to think only in 1 angle.... paruva illai.... :lol:looking at ur avatar, i think unga mande thaan kolambi poi mottai agiteenga...i see this in all angle thatswhhy i say different reply for different questions. eventho question are from same person...relax man :D

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
5th January 2008, 11:42 PM
thank u bro... but its not a nice birthday this year.... im out of teenage life.... :cry:Oh Happy B'Day dinesh! :) :P

dinesh2002
5th January 2008, 11:44 PM
thank u bro... but its not a nice birthday this year.... im out of teenage life.... :cry:Oh Happy B'Day dinesh! :) :P

Thank u... :D

and about the mottai... even mottai is fashion now... thanks to Mottai Boss !! :lol:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
5th January 2008, 11:52 PM
and about the mottai... even mottai is fashion now... thanks to Mottai Boss !! :lol:mottai is always a fashion, see, the arguemetn goes like who says the last word! but i wonder why u change the avatar so fast :lol: :lol:

Kollywoodfan
6th January 2008, 04:41 AM
I don't if many have seen Karan Arjun (hindi film). This is an overview of the movie I found online:

Revenge and reincarnation are the leitmotifs of this entertaining movie.

With Karan Arjun, director Rakesh Roshan has put together a slick package of top stars, wrenching family drama, fast paced action and fine songs.

A Sholay-like movie, Karan Arjun is the story of Durga (Rakhee) and her two sons Karan (Salman Khan) and Arjun (Shahrukh Khan) who are killed by the cruel landlord Thakur Durjan Singh. Durga remains steadfast in her faith that her dead sons would return to avenge the grave injustice done to their family.

And return the sons do 20 years later in new incarnations as Ajay (Salman Khan) and Vijay (Shahrukh Khan) and take revenge on Durjan Singh and his evil family.

Vijay and Ajith would be awesome in the two roles with someone like Nadhiya as the mother. Of the current crop, Arya and Bharath would be cool. :wink: Trisha and Asin could do the female roles.

dinesh2002
6th January 2008, 07:20 AM
I don't if many have seen Karan Arjun (hindi film). This is an overview of the movie I found online:

Revenge and reincarnation are the leitmotifs of this entertaining movie.

With Karan Arjun, director Rakesh Roshan has put together a slick package of top stars, wrenching family drama, fast paced action and fine songs.

A Sholay-like movie, Karan Arjun is the story of Durga (Rakhee) and her two sons Karan (Salman Khan) and Arjun (Shahrukh Khan) who are killed by the cruel landlord Thakur Durjan Singh. Durga remains steadfast in her faith that her dead sons would return to avenge the grave injustice done to their family.

And return the sons do 20 years later in new incarnations as Ajay (Salman Khan) and Vijay (Shahrukh Khan) and take revenge on Durjan Singh and his evil family.

Vijay and Ajith would be awesome in the two roles with someone like Nadhiya as the mother. Of the current crop, Arya and Bharath would be cool. :wink: Trisha and Asin could do the female roles.

u know...i was about to tell the same... :shock: amazing movie....

Wibha
6th January 2008, 09:35 AM
thank u bro... but its not a nice birthday this year.... im out of teenage life.... :cry:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

happy birthday dinesh :D

mungaru male is made in telugu :omg:

sholey in tamizh :boo:

maybe kamal and rajini can do it :D

dinesh2002
6th January 2008, 09:49 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

happy birthday dinesh :D

mungaru male is made in telugu :omg:

sholey in tamizh :boo:

maybe kamal and rajini can do it :D

Thank u so much Wibha.... :)

dinesh2002
6th January 2008, 10:04 AM
What about Ju-On [The Grudge] in tamil?? :lol:

Kollywoodfan
6th January 2008, 10:15 AM
What about Ju-On [The Grudge] in tamil?? :lol:

:wink: Good idea!! I'm a huge fan of horror movies btw!

Um, really any actress could do Sarah Michelle Gellar's role... :roll:

Kollywoodfan
6th January 2008, 10:16 AM
You've Got Mail

Tom Hanks - Vijay
Meg Ryan - Sneha

Wibha
6th January 2008, 10:30 AM
how about harry potter :mrgreen: :oops: :yessir:

but we can't find an indian cutie :cry:

littlemaster1982
6th January 2008, 11:08 AM
You've Got Mail

Tom Hanks - Vijay
Meg Ryan - Sneha

Vijay in a Tom Hanks role :shock: :notthatway:

Kollywoodfan
6th January 2008, 11:17 AM
Why not?? it's not a difficult role. Very casual and funny :wink: Vijay can do it :victory:

Ramakrishna
6th January 2008, 11:18 AM
Why not?? it's not a difficult role. Very casual and funny :wink: Vijay can do it :victory:

Appuram padamey funny-yaa poodum :oops:

thilak4life
6th January 2008, 11:21 AM
Oh plueaasse! Vijay??? The guy is not even fit to play a 10-sec role in that flick! :huh:

Surya/Madhavan is more like it..

By-the-by, there has been a similar film in Tamil too, Kadhir's Kaadhalar Dinam. :lol2:

Kollywoodfan
6th January 2008, 11:27 AM
Oh plueaasse! Vijay??? The guy is not even fit to play a 10-sec role in that flick! :huh:

Surya/Madhavan is more like it..

By-the-by, there has been a similar film in Tamil too, Kadhir's Kaadhalar Dinam. :lol2:

that was some annoying, melodramatic attempt at i don't even know :roll:

You've Got Mail should be a light-hearted romantic comedy with memorable characters

I don't see why Vijay can't do it, but yes Maddy & Surya would be equally good.

Jothika would have been apt as Meg Ryan, maybe Genelia can pull it off now :)

thilak4life
6th January 2008, 11:28 AM
Sorry KF (nice nick name) I don't think much of Mr.Vijay as an actor, he's a saleable star but nothing more. :)

Kollywoodfan
6th January 2008, 11:30 AM
I understand, but see Tom Hanks role in You've Got Mail doesn't really require that much acting. It's a very simple, casual role. Vijay can do it the fighting (Kushi) & serious loving types of roles. It's not like I told him to play Forrest Gump or something

Shakthiprabha.
6th January 2008, 11:51 AM
You've Got Mail

Tom Hanks - Vijay
Meg Ryan - Sneha

I agree with KOLLY.

Vijay can sweep such roles. Its a subtle mischief role with guarded expression and vijay CAN DO IT GOOD.

Shakthiprabha.
6th January 2008, 11:51 AM
I understand, but see Tom Hanks role in You've Got Mail doesn't really require that much acting. It's a very simple, casual role. Vijay can do it the fighting (Kushi) & serious loving types of roles. It's not like I told him to play Forrest Gump or something

:yes:

Kollywoodfan
6th January 2008, 11:52 AM
:wink: Thanks SP

littlemaster1982
6th January 2008, 11:59 AM
You've Got Mail

Tom Hanks - Vijay
Meg Ryan - Sneha

I agree with KOLLY.

Vijay can sweep such roles. Its a subtle mischief role with guarded expression and vijay CAN DO IT GOOD.

I dont wanna hurt Vijay fans with my statements :wave:

thilak4life
6th January 2008, 12:00 PM
I dont wanna hurt Vijay fans with my statements :wave:

Ditto! :)

Kollywoodfan
6th January 2008, 12:10 PM
No one will be hurt :roll: ...it doesn't matter

let's move on

Shakthiprabha.
6th January 2008, 12:13 PM
Vijay fans have matured a lot! So no big deal.
and I AINT ANY fan of anyone!

I just observed hez kinda okei in such roles.

Fine :thumbsup: truce :)

Kollywoodfan
6th January 2008, 12:14 PM
i honestly don't care...I just don't think it's that far-fetched of an idea

ajithfederer
6th January 2008, 12:16 PM
Blasphemy :shock: That hurts a Tom Hanks fan here :cry2: :cry:

You've Got Mail

Tom Hanks - Vijay
Meg Ryan - Sneha

Kollywoodfan
6th January 2008, 12:17 PM
I am his fan too...but this was a cute role that anyone could have pulled off. It's just that Tom Hanks made it a little more special and plus he and Meg Ryan have excellent chemistry :wink:

Shakthiprabha.
6th January 2008, 12:20 PM
I would like

Genela or sandhya or someone else as MEGRYAN not sneha though

ajithfederer
6th January 2008, 12:20 PM
You are vijays fan too :lol: And I am not :lol2:

I am his fan too...but this was a cute role that anyone could have pulled off. It's just that Tom Hanks made it a little more special and plus he and Meg Ryan have excellent chemistry :wink:

Kollywoodfan
6th January 2008, 12:57 PM
:angry2: Fine, AF, be that way!

dinesh2002
6th January 2008, 01:21 PM
Whats so bad about Vijay la.... i really liked Vijay after seeing him in ATM, enna style, enna body language, enna illamai.... i really think he can take up that role by Tom hanks..... i rather see Vijay in a light hearted love story than a Tamil Masala action film [Tirupatchi, Sivakasai, Madhurai,etc etc] :)

Shakthiprabha.
6th January 2008, 01:42 PM
Dinesh is right IMO

Thirumaran
6th January 2008, 02:01 PM
What was the last English movie i saw :?

Devar Magan
6th January 2008, 05:30 PM
You've Got Mail

Tom Hanks - Vijay
Meg Ryan - Sneha :lol: mayakkam varutheyyy......

Thalafanz
6th January 2008, 07:48 PM
The One & Only Evergreen Braveheart

Mel Gibson - Kamal sir will be perfect, Ajith/Vikram can be the alternate choice :thumbsup:
Direction - Mani Ratnam / Santosh Sivan :D
Music - AR Rahaman 8-)
Camera - Rajiv Menon 8-)
Art - Thotta Tharani :D

interz
6th January 2008, 07:58 PM
Sure shot:

What women want -->
Pengalukku pidithathu Etho?

- S.J Soorya, Ramya Krishnan

BGM: Prayog
Screenplay&Direction: S.J Soorya
Produced by: Aplus Movies Enterprise

littlemaster1982
6th January 2008, 09:09 PM
Sure shot:

What women want -->
Pengalukku pidithathu Etho?

- S.J Soorya, Ramya Krishnan

BGM: Prayog
Screenplay&Direction: S.J Soorya
Produced by: Aplus Movies Enterprise

The comedy track (Vivek) of film 'Whistle' is based on this film. Needless to say which one is better.

Wibha
7th January 2008, 02:07 AM
bend it like bechkham :P

with like s'thing based on cricket maybe :oops:

Mahen
7th January 2008, 11:30 AM
Brokeback Mountain...Vijay(Heath Ledger),Ajit(Jake)..Set in village farm..It will be a pathbreaking film

Mahen
7th January 2008, 11:30 AM
:D

selvakumar
7th January 2008, 11:34 AM
Brokeback Mountain...Vijay(Heath Ledger),Ajit(Jake)..Set in village farm..It will be a pathbreaking film

Better remake it with Yourself and the current person with whom you are romantically linked to !

m_23_bayarea
7th January 2008, 11:36 AM
With all due respect, I think one of my favorite movies that can be remade is ORU KAITHIYIN DIARY! Would love to see how that would fit on this day and age... 8-)

thilak4life
7th January 2008, 12:03 PM
With all due respect, I think one of my favorite movies that can be remade is ORU KAITHIYIN DIARY! Would love to see how that would fit on this day and age... 8-)

Saw the Bachchan remake? It was good. :)

Raikkonen
8th January 2008, 12:02 PM
bend it like bechkham :P

with like s'thing based on cricket maybe :oops:

:lol:
Indiale edukanumna Bend it like Baichung Bhutia nu than edukanum

MADDY
8th January 2008, 01:37 PM
Jerry Mcguire with Ajith

but it is one hell of challenging role for Ajith - u have to emote at 100 expressions/minute for that movie :lol:

Notting Hill - Madhavan and Aishwarya rai.......

Thalafanz
8th January 2008, 02:29 PM
Jerry Mcguire with Ajith

but it is one hell of challenging role for Ajith - u have to emote at 100 expressions/minute for that movie :lol:

Notting Hill - Madhavan and Aishwarya rai.......

Oh man, I love dis movie. One of the best performances from Tom Cruise.
Maddy, who will be ur choice for another character - the sportsman??? :D

dinesh2002
8th January 2008, 03:02 PM

:shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: yenpa ungalake intha aasai... this is the only genre film that TFM hasnt done yet.... athuvum senja vecherathinge... :lol:

selvakumar
8th January 2008, 03:05 PM
dinesh,
Mahen has been attracted to that story.. who knows.. he might have had that too :lol:

dinesh2002
8th January 2008, 03:10 PM
dinesh,
Mahen has been attracted to that story.. who knows.. he might have had that too :lol:

Selva :lol:

:notthatway: nammba Mahen amabalai singam..... :thumbsup:

selvakumar
8th January 2008, 03:13 PM

Athanaala thaanba sonnaen :lol: :lol:

dinesh2002
8th January 2008, 03:15 PM

Athanaala thaanba sonnaen :lol: :lol:

:noteeth: Selva... neenge toooo much

dinesh2002
8th January 2008, 03:20 PM
what about the movie CLICK, a good movie giving importance to Family sentiments... think it would work well in TFM isnt it???

who do u think can take adam sandler's place?

MADDY
8th January 2008, 03:48 PM

sportsman - hmmm...... :roll: ...someone funny yet athletic and strong........santhanam,vivek,vadivelu will make it too comical........

my choice wud be Jeeva - but he shuld be given equal importance...... 8-)

Mahen
8th January 2008, 03:49 PM
Dinesh, that was a joke... :D Wanted to create an uproar in this thread..Chumaa..chumaa

littlemaster1982
8th January 2008, 03:51 PM
The Shawshank Redemption.

Surya in Tim Robbins' role and Raghuvaran in Morgan Freeman's role. Director :roll:

Shakthiprabha.
8th January 2008, 04:33 PM
Again n again n again

its surya, or vikram or ajit or vijay or madhavan, or bharath or jeeva :cry:

dont we have any variety?

littlemaster1982
8th January 2008, 04:42 PM
Ok, ungalukkaaga Jayam Ravi-yai hero-va pottu entha padam remake pannalaam-nu yosichu solren :P

raaja_rasigan
8th January 2008, 04:54 PM
Ok, ungalukkaaga Jayam Ravi-yai hero-va pottu entha padam remake pannalaam-nu yosichu solren :P

nalladha oru telugu padama sollunga... avarukkum adhudhan pidikkum :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
8th January 2008, 05:59 PM
:|

dinesh2002
8th January 2008, 06:10 PM
Dinesh, that was a joke... :D Wanted to create an uproar in this thread..Chumaa..chumaa

:lol: athe nadenthecho illaiyo, ennaku heart attack vanthachupa :lol:

dinesh2002
8th January 2008, 06:12 PM

hehe.... enna pa...unmaiye ellam sollithinge.... avaru nadhichi ore oru ORIGINAL tamil film was DASS..... mathethellam " RIPP IT' eh!! " [repeat chandramuki style] :lol:

Kalyasi
8th January 2008, 06:14 PM

hehe.... enna pa...unmaiye ellam sollithinge.... avaru nadhichi ore oru ORIGINAL tamil film was DASS..... mathethellam " RIPP IT' eh!! " [repeat chandramuki style] :lol:

Deepavali, Ithayathirudan ellam miss panniteenga?

dinesh2002
8th January 2008, 06:18 PM

Deepavali, Ithayathirudan ellam miss panniteenga?

Ohh aama illai.... :P maranthe pooche.... only his ripped films r the HIT once.... :twisted:

Thalafanz
8th January 2008, 08:10 PM

sportsman - hmmm...... :roll: ...someone funny yet athletic and strong........santhanam,vivek,vadivelu will make it too comical........

my choice wud be Jeeva - but he shuld be given equal importance...... 8-)

Jeeva??? Hhmm..Lemme think...
My choice gona be UU fame Vinay... He's a natural sportsman, moreover a rugby player. He can pull it off at ease... 8-)
Wat do u say??? :D

Kollywoodfan
10th January 2008, 09:53 AM
Ocean's Eleven would be cool :)

MADDY
10th January 2008, 10:07 AM
Jeeva??? Hhmm..Lemme think...
My choice gona be UU fame Vinay... He's a natural sportsman, moreover a rugby player. He can pull it off at ease... 8-)
Wat do u say??? :D

yea , vinay is good - but can he make comedy like that character??? and the heroine should be meera jasmine (nothing flashy, homely look) - wat say?? :D

anoops
10th January 2008, 01:10 PM
Brokeback Mountain...Vijay(Heath Ledger),Ajit(Jake)..Set in village farm..It will be a pathbreaking film :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :lol: :lol:

Amarshiva
10th January 2008, 05:11 PM
Why dont we try this face off JohnTravolta/Nicholage cage Vikram/surya.. Broken Arrow with Sathyaraj/prithivraj

Crouching Tiger with Arjun/Vijayashanthi..
ToMB rider- Vijayshanthi.. Remember Nayanthara of Billa came in the same costume off Jennifer Lopez

Kollywoodfan
20th January 2008, 11:16 AM
Jab We Met

This will probably definitely be remade, so it's more fact than imagination.

I think Tamanna would be excellent for this role as she is bubbly and spunky. A character similar to Genelia's in Bommarillu.

The guy part is a little tough cuz among the younger crop there aren't many guys that suit Shahid's wonderful character :D but I would say that Shaam is a nice choice. He has that charm.

selvakumar
20th January 2008, 11:26 AM
I would prefer MADDY..
MADDY intha padatha remake pannuyaa :cry2:
In dinakaran, maddy told that he is not interested to remake it..
:evil: :x

Kollywoodfan
20th January 2008, 11:45 AM
Although Maddy has the charm, he doesn't look that young anymore sadly :( The Alai Payuthey Maddy would have been awesome, but I don't think any of the middle generation stars really suit Shahid's role. If I had to choose one, yes it'd definitely be Maddy.

Among youngsters no one really is that great :x Argh!! Maybe Vinay, but I kinda hated him in Unnale Unnale :ashamed: and doubt his ability to pull of that great of a role... :sigh2: No Jayam Ravi :evil: Bharath is ok.

I don't why, but I seriously think that Shaam would be cute in this role. Poor guy needs a break too.

selvakumar
20th January 2008, 12:35 PM
Kolly,
Mani brought the old maddy back 100% in GURU. If some other director doest hat, it will be great.. he should do JWB

Kollywoodfan
20th January 2008, 12:44 PM
Ok, I'll take your word for it. But forget the hero, do you think Tamanna is suitable for Kareena's role? I'll lose my mind if I see Genelia do anything annoying chatterbox role :lol:

selvakumar
20th January 2008, 12:47 PM
Ok, I'll take your word for it. But forget the hero, do you think Tamanna is suitable for Kareena's role? I'll lose my mind if I see Genelia do anything annoying chatterbox role :lol:
Tamanna would be great and it will be diff :boo: :victory:
Genelia will be apt.. But it will be repetitive :sigh2:

(hope wibha is not around :ashamed: )

Kollywoodfan
20th January 2008, 12:57 PM
:lol: genelia would be good, but I don't wanna her to get typecast in those types of roles.

Maybe Bhavana

dell_gt
21st January 2008, 08:18 AM
GLADIATATOR - Kamal sir 100% will suite the role...

Thalafanz
21st January 2008, 08:44 AM

Bro, its GLADIATOR. YEs, Kamal sir can do it at ease. Guess Vikram can be the alternate choice... :P

m_23_bayarea
21st January 2008, 08:53 AM
THE BEAUTIFUL MIND - Russell Crowe and Jennifer Connelly!

Can be remade with Kamal or Vikram, and some heroine that can ACT!

8-)

dell_gt
21st January 2008, 08:56 AM
dell_gt wrote:

Bro, its GLADIATOR. YEs, Kamal sir can do it at ease. Guess Vikram can be the alternate choice...

ops typing error... yeah Vikram can be consider...

dell_gt
21st January 2008, 09:02 AM

hi bay... is this movie directed by ron howard, al-pacino is the journalist and russel crow is the lecturer...

Sinthiya
21st January 2008, 09:02 AM
Brokeback Mountain...Vijay(Heath Ledger),Ajit(Jake)..Set in village farm..It will be a pathbreaking film :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :lol: :lol:
:rotfl:....

m_23_bayarea
21st January 2008, 09:18 AM

hi bay... is this movie directed by ron howard, al-pacino is the journalist and russel crow is the lecturer...

Hi Dell_gt, that's right, except that there's no Al Pacino in the movie!

Check this out...

http://www.abeautifulmind.com/

One of my fav movies of all time!

8-)

crajkumar_be
21st January 2008, 09:23 AM
Dell_gt,
Al Pacino and Russel Crowe acted together in The Insider...

thilak4life
21st January 2008, 10:16 AM
Just a ramble:

How could Kamal (or any Indian actor) play Maximus of Gladiator? Do the western characters need an Asian (leave alone our desis) to play the role? Ever think about compatibility? Or, how to adapt an epic to Indian context? We have our epics, don't we? I think we're fazed by the production values of such films. Kamal had already begun to work on historicals, and mythologicals. Kindly wait for films like Marudhanayagam, Marmayogi, etc..

[One could understand films like A Beautiful Mind with a Schizophrenic mathematician, who goes through professional, family, and personal issues due to the condition. You could at least see the "connection" here.]

Thalafanz
21st January 2008, 11:08 AM
Just a ramble:

How could Kamal (or any Indian actor) play Maximus of Gladiator? Do the western characters need an Asian (leave alone our desis) to play the role? Ever think about compatibility?

Why not??? :huh:

Or, how to adapt an epic to Indian context? We have our epics, don't we? I think we're fazed by the production values of such films.

:exactly: Agreed. But, it shouldn't be a frame to frame remake. Need to be altered according to Indian epic... 8-)

selvakumar
21st January 2008, 01:09 PM
Gladiator was a sema GETHU film. Summa pullarikka vaikira oru padam. Athu maari oru padam yaar panninaalum avangalukku enathu aatharavu undu.. :notworthy:

namalum complete historical movies koduthu romba naal aachu (after MGR - Sivaji period). So, it will be a treat if anyone gives that :clap:

I want someone to film "Sivagaamiyin Sabatham" or "Ponniyin selvan" like lord of the rings etc :) :roll:

joe
21st January 2008, 01:11 PM
"Ponniyin selvan"

MGR Muyarchi pannitu Kai vittuttar :(

MADDY
21st January 2008, 01:15 PM
I want someone to film "Sivagaamiyin Sabatham" or "Ponniyin selvan" like lord of the rings etc :) :roll:

are they good adventure stories??? :roll: ......making a period film now means minimum 40-50 crores - romba kashtam to recover the money with tamil market......

lets wait for MarmaYogi :D

selvakumar
21st January 2008, 02:11 PM
are they good adventure stories??? :roll: ......making a period film now means minimum 40-50 crores - romba kashtam to recover the money with tamil market......

lets wait for MarmaYogi :D
Puriyalaa :? But the knots in both the novels were great. The suspense was well maintained. MADDY - You must read them to get a feel of them. :yes: Keela vaikavae maatteenga

Joe,
I heard MGR was interested to play the VanthiyaDevan role. But I feel that he will suit ArulMozhi @ Ponniyin Selvan more. VAnthiyaDevan thaan novel oda central character and he comes more often in the novel. :) yaaravathu pannunaa super ah irukkum :)

Kollywoodfan
21st January 2008, 06:40 PM
Just a ramble:

How could Kamal (or any Indian actor) play Maximus of Gladiator? Do the western characters need an Asian (leave alone our desis) to play the role? Ever think about compatibility? Or, how to adapt an epic to Indian context? We have our epics, don't we? I think we're fazed by the production values of such films. Kamal had already begun to work on historicals, and mythologicals. Kindly wait for films like Marudhanayagam, Marmayogi, etc..

[One could understand films like A Beautiful Mind with a Schizophrenic mathematician, who goes through professional, family, and personal issues due to the condition. You could at least see the "connection" here.]

:exactly: I don't think films like Gladiator would work because they are one time movies that just depict a time of history in one country's history. There is really no purpose/sense is remaking non-Indian biopics and movies based on non-Indian historical events unless it is from an Indian point of view and really can adapt to the context like thilak says. There were no gladiators in India and vice versa Hollywood can't remake our Mangal Pandey because there was no Sepoy Mutiny there.

crajkumar_be
21st January 2008, 06:46 PM
Thilak/KF,
Yes!!
Unlike Maqbool or Omkara which were brilliant adaptations because the theme would work anywhere in the world at any time, i don't see any point or feasibility in remaking a film like Gladiator because it is based on a very specific event or a set of events in some period. Theme-e universal-a irundha thaan edukka mudiyum...

Namakku dhaan Marmayogi irukke :razz:

Kollywoodfan
21st January 2008, 06:46 PM
Just a ramble:

How could Kamal (or any Indian actor) play Maximus of Gladiator? Do the western characters need an Asian (leave alone our desis) to play the role? Ever think about compatibility?

Why not??? :huh:

Or, how to adapt an epic to Indian context? We have our epics, don't we? I think we're fazed by the production values of such films.

:exactly: Agreed. But, it shouldn't be a frame to frame remake. Need to be altered according to Indian epic... 8-)

:? I don't think this is possible with the Gladiator because it's not really a concept that we can "Indianize". If we alter it according to an Indian epic, it would be totally different, not Gladiator, so there is no need for any remake at all.

Kollywoodfan
21st January 2008, 06:50 PM
Thilak/KF,
Yes!!
Unlike Maqbool or Omkara which were brilliant adaptations because the theme would work anywhere in the world at any time, i don't see any point or feasibility in remaking a film like Gladiator because it is based on a very specific event or a set of events in some period. Theme-e universal-a irundha thaan edukka mudiyum...

Namakku dhaan Marmayogi irukke :razz:

Shakespeare's films are awesome stories to make/remake because he used universal concepts for the most part. Obviously Julius Caesar is out of the question :lol:

Also Jane Austen. Ooh, crajkumar, you gave me a fantastic idea. We can add books to this thread. Hmm, now how to word the title... :?

thilak4life
21st January 2008, 10:32 PM
Yes, I think we have many tales to tell from our own literature, epics, and history. I just can't wait for Marmayogi, and Marudhanayagam.

Of course, Bard's work could be adapted. Although I read some specific criticisms about this, I'm really comfortable with VB's works so far.

Amarshiva
22nd January 2008, 06:08 PM
Coming back to ponniyin selvan, I don't know how many of you aware of it Kamal has rights of ponniyen selvan novel. Infact, he has got it from our Epic Hero MGR. Before he could try Ponniyin selvan, he was trying Maruthanayagam. That itself got struck because of finance. AFter that, thalaivar was trying to make that as a teleserial. That was the plan that thalaivar had 4 years before.

I don't know what is the current story now. Regarding ponniyin selvan, what I heard is Vanthaya thevan is the main characher.. But as per story he needed to be defeated by Karikal cholan(Other Character). May be thalaivar should do a dual role (kethu character).. like rajni as vetayan in CM.

I read it in Mayyam years back, that at that time itself Ponniyin selvan was budgeted for 100 crores. So, the result of Marmayogi, effect of Marudhanayagam will make thalaivar to restore his idea on making ponninyin selvan.

Yes, I think we have many tales to tell from our own literature, epics, and history. I just can't wait for Marmayogi, and Marudhanayagam.

Of course, Bard's work could be adapted. Although I read some specific criticisms about this, I'm really comfortable with VB's works so far.

Kollywoodfan
23rd January 2008, 11:29 AM
Step Up

A local rowdy guy gets in trouble and as a punishment, is forced to volunteer as a janitor at a dance academy. There he meets a dancer who is struggling to put together her final dance project that will decide the fate of her dancing career. Due to circumstances, they are forced to work together and realize each one's hidden potential despite the social barriers that threaten to get in the way. In the process, they fall in love.

A very cute, love concept which pivots around the central theme of dancing.

Young, charming, & amazing dancer: Imo, only choice would be Bharath
Perhaps Tamanna or Asin (would look too old for Bharath). A modern looking girl with amazing dance skills.

MD: Yuvan Shankar Raja for hip, fresh tunes

:boo: :swinghead:

MADDY
23rd January 2008, 11:39 AM
Step Up

A local rowdy guy gets in trouble and as a punishment, is forced to volunteer as a janitor at a dance academy. There he meets a dancer who is struggling to put together her final dance project that will decide the fate of her dancing career. Due to circumstances, they are forced to work together and realize each one's hidden potential despite the social barriers that threaten to get in the way. In the process, they fall in love.

A very cute, love concept which pivots around the central theme of dancing.

Young, charming, & amazing dancer: Imo, only choice would be Bharath
Perhaps Tamanna or Asin (would look too old for Bharath). A modern looking girl with amazing dance skills.

MD: Yuvan Shankar Raja for hip, fresh tunes

:boo: :swinghead:

last musical related subject U1 did was Popcorn starring Mohanlal (if i'm not wrong) - pls try to listen to them b4 recommending him for musical subjects :lol2:

Kollywoodfan
23rd January 2008, 11:43 AM
I was thinking of Boom Boom from Raam and Yen Kannodu from Arindhum Ariyamalum when I said this, Maddy.

But A.R.R would be awesome too :lol2: :thumbsup:

MADDY
23rd January 2008, 11:58 AM
I was thinking of Boom Boom from Raam and Yen Kannodu from Arindhum Ariyamalum when I said this, Maddy.

But A.R.R would be awesome too :lol2: :thumbsup:

sorry ARR is busy till 2012 :lol2: .........

i meant HJ is the best choice....urban/semi-urban crowd chants HJ all the way :D

selvakumar
23rd January 2008, 11:59 AM
Kolly,

Ithu unnoda story ah ! :lol2:

I mean... A story by you

:yessir:

selvakumar
23rd January 2008, 12:44 PM

i meant HJ is the best choice....urban/semi-urban crowd chants HJ all the way :D

with sakkarakatti ? :lol2:

MADDY
23rd January 2008, 12:48 PM

with sakkarakatti ? :lol2:

thats a ridiculous dig on a genius just tio cut my nose......

and if i ask the same thing abt Ajith - wat after RS movie??? vetti??? :lol:

selvakumar
23rd January 2008, 12:51 PM

yes.. I did it :wink: .. sakkarakatti is going on for years.. btw, you could have mentioned about varalaaru for that matter :wink:

aamaan.. 2012 nnu aen potteenga.. ROBO vachi oru rough estimate ah ? :P
[/b]

MADDY
23rd January 2008, 12:59 PM

yes.. I did it :wink: .. sakkarakatti is going on for years.. btw, you could have mentioned about varalaaru for that matter :wink:

[/b]

ARR has 12 projects in pipeline - which will keep him occupied till that time.....reg sakkarakkati - yes, it is a delayed project - nothing ARR's fault in that.....

btw, u did cut my nose :clap: - whole hub knows u r ready to hurt frnds to make ur point....... :D

MADDY
23rd January 2008, 01:00 PM

[/b]

ARR has 12 projects in pipeline - which will keep him occupied till that time.....reg sakkarakkati - yes, it is a delayed project - nothing ARR's fault in that.....

btw, u did cut my nose :clap: - whole hub knows u r ready to hurt frnds to make ur point....... :D

MADDY
23rd January 2008, 01:01 PM

[/b]

Kalyasi
23rd January 2008, 01:07 PM
Enna maddy enna maadri 3 vaati post pannareenga?

MADDY
23rd January 2008, 01:13 PM
Enna maddy enna maadri 3 vaati post pannareenga?

work pressure :rotfl:

selvakumar
23rd January 2008, 03:38 PM

:lol: :lol:
Sari vidunga :wink:

dinesh13284
23rd January 2008, 06:44 PM
I'd like to remake Casino Royale with "Vijaya T.Rajendar"

Story
Screenplay
Dialog
Editing
Choreography
Stunts
Lyrics
Blaa
Blaa

by

T.R

Amarshiva
23rd January 2008, 07:45 PM
Leading lady being mumtaj????? Can't imagine Bond without touching a girl? Simply Mission impossible..

Story
Screenplay
Dialog
Editing
Choreography
Stunts
Lyrics
Blaa
Blaa

by

T.R

Kollywoodfan
23rd January 2008, 11:29 PM
Kolly,

Ithu unnoda story ah ! :lol2:

I mean... A story by you

:yessir:

:notthatway: What kinda question is that?? It's a good film, but primarily for teenagers and can be considered a chick flick :ashamed:

interz
24th January 2008, 02:33 AM
I Robot

into

Naan Iyanthiramanithan

Soorya & Natasha (Sukran heroine)

Music: H.J

Screenplay&Direction: Shankar

kb
24th January 2008, 03:40 AM
I Robot

into

Naan Iyanthiramanithan

Soorya & Natasha (Sukran heroine)

Music: H.J

Screenplay&Direction: Shankar

ithu thaan ROBOT ney vara poguthilla :roll:

Sinthiya
24th January 2008, 09:49 AM
last musical related subject U1 did was Popcorn starring Mohanlal (if i'm not wrong) - pls try to listen to them b4 recommending him for musical subjects :lol2:
I enjoyed watching Popcorn... :roll: ...Simran and Mohanlal acted very well...songs were ok (don't remember) :roll:

Raikkonen
24th January 2008, 08:17 PM

Story
Screenplay
Dialog
Editing
Choreography
Stunts
Lyrics
Blaa
Blaa

by

T.R

My Name is R... TR.. eh dandanakka...eh danakku nakka.. eh nakka nakka..eh dikka

Freedom
25th January 2008, 12:13 AM
I want bourne identity with Ajith in lead. Ajith as a pumped up cop in high paced action thriller will be a treat to watch

Director: Goutham or Vishnu

Music: HJ

I know kamal has made a vetri vizha long back but this ine should be slick wihout any unnecessary ingredients!!

Bipolar
25th January 2008, 06:09 AM
Mr Freedom!

"...should be slick wihout any unnecessary ingredients!!"

Do you think that will happen in Kollywood? Sorry my friend, but I don't think it will!! :-( The reason is (even though you all know, let me say what I think) Kollywood filmmakers have a vey limited audience really - they have to cater to Tamil-speaking audiences, and the subject matter has to be suitable (broadly speaking) for family viewing - so they have to include songs, a "comedy track", fight scenes, some "family sentiment", etc. They cannot show graphic violence/nudity/profane language, etc. Sadly, if anyone tried to make a Tamil film to Hollywood standards, it would be heavily censored, or it would be a commercial failure.

But, I think, there is hope. There are a few film-makers of South Indian ethnicity working outside of Tamil Nadu. One name that comes to mind is M Night Shyamalan. I have only seen one film of his - "The Sixth Sense". I really liked that film. I don't know if it has been remade in Tamil (I haven't been watching Tollywood very closely for some time now) but if it hasn't been done yet, I think someone should try - maybe as fans, we can try to persuade Shyamalan himself! It wouldn't be very expensive (no songs in foreign locations necessary, no expensive stunt sequences necessary) so I think someone should try it - even if it is not very commercially successful, it wouldn't be a huge loss (financially) - I mean, if it only costs a few lakhs of rupees to make, that's not a huge amount to lose. It would start a healthy trend. Tamils living abroad who have an interest in drama/story-telling, etc. (like myself) can try doing it as a sort of hobby - I'd be willing to try, if I could find other actors.

I've also thought (if not done already) someone could try doing a remake of "The Blair Witch Project" (of course, we would want to get the required permission from the appropriate people - I do not wish to condone or encourage plagiarism here). I assume it would not require many people or other resources to make a film like that. I think it would be interesting.

Just my thoughts!!!

Bipolar
25th January 2008, 06:39 AM
Just by the way, I've just seen the recently released "Billa" with Ajith Kumar in the lead. I haven't seen Rajnikanth's version, so I can't compare the new one to the "original" but I have seen the Bollywood film "Don" with Shah Rukh Khan which "Billa" seems to be "inspired" by.

Well, I thought Ajith's "Billa" was disappointing (apologies to fans of the "Thala").

First, what did I like about the film? Well,

Cinematography - impressive (as compared to most other Tamil films). I think (but I'm not sure) the cameraman behind it was Sreekar Prasad. The colours and the lighting used give the film a "dark" feel, which is quite appropriate for a film about a hunted criminal.

Locations - I think most, if not all, of the movie was filmed in Malaysia. Certainly, the high-rise buildings are visually awe-inspiring, if I'm not mistaken, a first for Kollywood.

Stunts - Well, nothing to blow you away, but the good thing is they weren't overdone (as frequently seems to happen in Shankar's films - "Anniyan" and "Shivaji" were so ridiculously over-the-top I found it irritating).

Costumes/make-up - Not great, but not bad either, to be fair. Seemed inspired very much by "Don" here (and that in turn seemed inspired by "The Matrix" - the full-length black coats theme).

So what did I not like?

Story/screenplay - a movie, first and foremost is about telling a story, and really that is what matters the most. This film had a barely believable (or should I say unbelievable?) story, and the screenplay adds further holes to an already weak plot). I'll give them credit for making it different (if only slightly) from "Don".

Songs - Totally unnecessary (except to cater to the "masses" - sorry if I seem like a snobbish pseud here). Yuvan Shankar Raja is not a bad composer, but the songs in this film have no melody, just rhythm (supposedly what the "youth" want), and they seem to ruin the flow of the rest of the film.

Namitha - I am sorry if you think I'm being harsh, but her very presence in this film (or any other film, for that matter) is a BIG negative. Okay, to be fair to her, if she would lose some weight, and learn to act a little, she would be good. She's not bad looking.

Well, on the whole, I was disappointed because I know that the team could have made a good film, but, owing to box-office considerations, they chose to dumb it down. That is why I am disappointed. Because they didn't make it a better film, even though they clearly knew they could have.

dinesh2002
25th January 2008, 07:25 AM

Story
Screenplay
Dialog
Editing
Choreography
Stunts
Lyrics
Blaa
Blaa

by

T.R

My Name is R... TR.. eh dandanakka...eh danakku nakka.. eh nakka nakka..eh dikka

:lol: :rotfl: :lol2: :fishgrin: just imagine...oh god...DISASTER !!! :lol2:

Freedom
25th January 2008, 07:32 AM
Just by the way, I've just seen the recently released "Billa" with Ajith Kumar in the lead. I haven't seen Rajnikanth's version, so I can't compare the new one to the "original" but I have seen the Bollywood film "Don" with Shah Rukh Khan which "Billa" seems to be "inspired" by.

Well, I thought Ajith's "Billa" was disappointing (apologies to fans of the "Thala").

Cinematography - impressive (as compared to most other Tamil films). I think (but I'm not sure) the cameraman behind it was Sreekar Prasad. The colours and the lighting used give the film a "dark" feel, which is quite appropriate for a film about a hunted criminal.

Locations - I think most, if not all, of the movie was filmed in Malaysia. Certainly, the high-rise buildings are visually awe-inspiring, if I'm not mistaken, a first for Kollywood.

Stunts - Well, nothing to blow you away, but the good thing is they weren't overdone (as frequently seems to happen in Shankar's films - "Anniyan" and "Shivaji" were so ridiculously over-the-top I found it irritating).

Costumes/make-up - Not great, but not bad either, to be fair. Seemed inspired very much by "Don" here (and that in turn seemed inspired by "The Matrix" - the full-length black coats theme).

So what did I not like?

Story/screenplay - a movie, first and foremost is about telling a story, and really that is what matters the most. This film had a barely believable (or should I say unbelievable?) story, and the screenplay adds further holes to an already weak plot). I'll give them credit for making it different (if only slightly) from "Don".

Songs - Totally unnecessary (except to cater to the "masses" - sorry if I seem like a snobbish pseud here). Yuvan Shankar Raja is not a bad composer, but the songs in this film have no melody, just rhythm (supposedly what the "youth" want), and they seem to ruin the flow of the rest of the film.

Namitha - I am sorry if you think I'm being harsh, but her very presence in this film (or any other film, for that matter) is a BIG negative. Okay, to be fair to her, if she would lose some weight, and learn to act a little, she would be good. She's not bad looking.

Well, on the whole, I was disappointed because I know that the team could have made a good film, but, owing to box-office considerations, they chose to dumb it down. That is why I am disappointed. Because they didn't make it a better film, even though they clearly knew they could have.

Bipolar, idha Billa thread la post pannunga. I'm sure Thala fans will take it good sense and provide you with some points of why certain things are necessary and somethings are not.

As you said this is a commercial cinema and there has to be a room for songs. Ohterwise it will be a disastor at BO.

Kollywoodfan
25th January 2008, 08:09 AM
Bipolar, altho the things you say do indeed make a lot of sense, they are way in the future for tamil cinema. But I'm sure that with sophisticated movies like Billa, things are taking a turn for the better. As Freedom mentions, songs and other commercial factors (which may seem like distractions) are of utmost importance to guarantee success.

Although Don was good and definitely can be compared with Billa, I think you should see the Rajini-starrer to get a better idea of how well (In my opinion) this film was adapted to suit modern times. There were a few unnecessary characters and scenes in the original that were ok for that time, but in Ajith's Billa, many of the elements were done away with and the product was much crisper and sophisticated.

Actually this is a thread for future remakes that you would like to see in tamil :) Any ideas?

Bipolar
25th January 2008, 03:37 PM
Okay, cool guys, as you suggested, I posted my review of "Billa" in the other thread... I only posted it here in the first place because it was a remake of an older film, so I felt it would be relevant, and also it was significantly higher in standard than a lot of other Tamil films (in some aspects).

First, let me say thanks to Freedom and Kollywoodfan for your responses.

Well as you say, yes, film-makers have to take box-office factors into account when making their films, but as I said, the major problem is that the great majority of Tamil films are made for Tamil Nadu audiences only. But I think someone should try making a Tamil film for "world cinema" aficionados (i.e. non-Tamil speakers who might take an interest in Tamil films if the quality was good enough). As you know, many non-English language films have been commercially successful even in English-speaking regions - you know, films like "City of God", etc. Maybe someone should try. As I said in my review of Billa, some Kollywood directors certainly know how to make quality films, but they cannot try to be more clever than their audiences. That's why they should try other audiences. These films would also be accessible to Tamil audiences, and gradually the standards they expect will also rise, and that can only be a good thing.

Cinema is an extremely powerful medium of communication (at least in Tamil Nadu) - it has been that way for the past six decades, and it will continue to be that way for some time to come, and therefore, I feel that film-makers have a moral responsibility to cover more meaningful subjects than the usual tales of boy-meets-girl, or takes on the dreaded local crime-lord and thrashes the living daylights out of him, etc. They have to try and be more sophisticated, and they should be marketed appropriately to ensure sufficient financial returns - that is very important.

Munsamy
25th January 2008, 03:47 PM

So what did I not like?

Where did u see Billa ??
How was the audience response ??

Bipolar
25th January 2008, 04:32 PM
Saw it in theatres with Tamil audiences!!! They loved it!!! Whistling, cheering, clapping... they loved it!!!!!!

Bipolar
25th January 2008, 10:23 PM
Well Kollywoodfan,

"Actually this is a thread for future remakes that you would like to see in tamil :-) Any ideas?"

Yes, as I said, two films I'd like to see in Tamil - "The Sixth Sense" and "The Blair Witch Project"...

"The Sixth Sense" - what would it be called in Tamil? "Aaraavadhu Arivu"? (literally "The Sixth Sense"?)

The character played by Bruce Willis - Dr Malcolm Crowe - what name would you give him in the Tamil version? Mukund Kumar, maybe? I think the role should be played by one of the following actors - Nasser, Sathyaraj, Karan, Ranjith. Maybe Parthiban can be added to the list, but I'm not totally sure about him, to be honest. Karan or Ranjith would make the character much younger, and the role would be slightly different.

Character played by Olivia Williams - Anna Crowe - Malcolm's wife - in the Kollywood version, maybe call her Anandhi? Or some other Indian name beginning with 'A'? Who should play her? That depends on who you choose for the role of Malcolm - Revathy or Ramya Krishnan would be good opposite Nasser or Sathyaraj, if it's Karan or Ranjith, then maybe a younger actress like Durga.

Role of Lynn Sear - Toni Colette, I think Meena should play this one.

Role of Cole Sear - Haley Joel Osment - I don't know. Maybe this role should be changed into an adult character, but still I don't know who would be the best to play that character.

Role of Vincent Grey - Donnie Wahlberg - Bharath?

The English script is available here (http://home.online.no/~bhundlan/scripts/TheSixthSense.htm), if anyone wants to try writing a Tamil version. I hope someone will try...

For example, the film's most famous line - "I see dead people..." In Tamil, "Doctor... Irandhu poanavanga yen kaNukku thereeyiraanga..." Well, that doesn't quite have the same impact as the original line... okay, don't know, but it would be interesting if someone would try, work with me, maybe? Let's see...

sarna_blr
7th March 2008, 11:15 AM
continue.........

VENKIRAJA
6th April 2008, 11:01 PM
I love this thread! :notworthy:
Fight club would be a perfect job.....if pulled off by Dhanush(protagonist) and Arya(Brad pitt's role)?

Morning Glory
7th April 2008, 04:50 AM
I love this thread! :notworthy:
Fight club would be a perfect job.....if pulled off by Dhanush(protagonist) and Arya(Brad pitt's role)?

:yes:

I think Vivah should be made in tamil.

Maybe with Vinay (UU) and Tammana

directhit
7th April 2008, 09:38 AM
I would like to see Race remade in Tamil
Saif Ali Khan - Vikram
Bipasha - Nayan
Akshaye Khanna - Vijay
Katrina - Tamanna
Anil Kapoor - Maddy
Sameera - Shreya
:D would be one helluva entertainer with a director like say Vishnuvardhan or Gautham 8-)

PS : now changed the actors :P

Morning Glory
8th April 2008, 02:59 AM
Saif Ali Khan - Vikram
Bipasha - Nayan
Akshaye Khanna - Vijay
Katrina - Tamanna
Anil Kapoor - Maddy
Sameera - Shreya
:D would be one helluva entertainer with a director like say Vishnuvardhan or Gautham 8-)

I thought Race had too many twists to digest :oops: but it would be a totally different entertainer for tamil.

Since Shreya is a top heroine, I don't think it would work for her to do an insipid role like Sameera's. Or I hope they change the character from a stupid assistance to someone who's intelligent.

All the other characters seem cool.

directhit
8th April 2008, 08:07 AM
Saif Ali Khan - Vikram
Bipasha - Nayan
Akshaye Khanna - Vijay
Katrina - Tamanna
Anil Kapoor - Maddy
Sameera - Shreya

I thought Race had too many twists to digest :oops: but it would be a totally different entertainer for tamil.

Since Shreya is a top heroine, I don't think it would work for her to do an insipid role like Sameera's. Or I hope they change the character from a stupid assistance to someone who's intelligent.

All the other characters seem cool. avangalada speech :roll: in the recent protest function makes her apt for a stupid assistant character :P

VENKIRAJA
11th April 2008, 09:29 AM
Saw usual suspects some days back.Had seen it like 20 times then.Did see 'Saroja' trailer teaser at behindwoods.Something struck me,a line of comparison.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114814/

It would be absolutely stunning if we have usual suspects being remade in tamil,where the same harbour smuggling scenes come and some lady called saroja is involved and killed.The suspects are these 4 guys....and finally only Premji survives.....to quote,"A rat!A useless stupid".He would fit in perfectly for Kevin Spacey's role as cripple and his punch dialogue to the saviour:"Enna kodumai sir ithu!"And maybe S.P.B.Charan doing the role of G.Bryan as Keaton.I would say if even this isn't saroja,maybe venkatprabhu can take a try of pulling this off.Blockbuster hands down!

Morning Glory
25th May 2008, 08:40 PM
Aaja Nachle

Madhuri - Simran or someone like Nadhiya seeing how she's a fabulous dancer

Akshaye (just a guest type of role): Maddy, if it's Nadhiya, someone funny like Satyaraj would be awesome

Kunal Kapoor: He was so good that I want him to act in the tamil version too :D but Arya would be apt

Konkona Sen: Tamanna

Morning Glory
1st June 2008, 08:31 PM
Mohabbatein

Amitabh - Rajini
Sharukh Khan - Vijay
Aishwarya Rai - Nayanthara

The three couples can be done by various newcomers

Uday Chopra / Shamitha Shetty : Bharath & Tamanna
Jugal Hansraj / Kim Sharma : (someone innocent) & Genelia
Jimmy Shergill / Preeti Jhangiani : (someone innocent) & Bhavana

Bipolar
3rd April 2011, 02:54 AM
Was watching "Mouna Raagam" the other day... it is one of the films that should definitely be remade for the current generation!!! Without losing the beautifully romantic feel of the original...

The character played by Karthik in the original - to be played by 'Jayam' Ravi
Character played by Mohan to be played by Vinay Rai
Character played by Revathi - to be played by Sadha (okay, maybe it should be Asin, but somehow I'm a little annoyed with Asin these days! The next best actress to fit the role would be Sadha...)

Also felt that maybe the married couple should be in a different setting, e.g. an NRI couple... living in New York perhaps... so, pre-wedding, the heroine's "first love" perhaps happening in Chennai, and then post-wedding, her new husband and she should be living in a major metropolitan city...

And the songs - "Nilaave vaa" and "Mandram vandha thendral" should not be changed... maybe updated slightly, but DEFINITELY not "remixed"... The other songs like "Chinna chinna vanna kuil" can be taken away and replaced with more modern music...

I really would love to see this film remade... I'd love to direct it myself!!!

easygoer
3rd April 2011, 10:34 AM
Was watching "Mouna Raagam" the other day... it is one of the films that should definitely be remade for the current generation!!! Without losing the beautifully romantic feel of the original...

The character played by Karthik in the original - to be played by 'Jayam' Ravi
Character played by Mohan to be played by Vinay Rai
Character played by Revathi - to be played by Sadha (okay, maybe it should be Asin, but somehow I'm a little annoyed with Asin these days! The next best actress to fit the role would be Sadha...)

Also felt that maybe the married couple should be in a different setting, e.g. an NRI couple... living in New York perhaps... so, pre-wedding, the heroine's "first love" perhaps happening in Chennai, and then post-wedding, her new husband and she should be living in a major metropolitan city...

And the songs - "Nilaave vaa" and "Mandram vandha thendral" should not be changed... maybe updated slightly, but DEFINITELY not "remixed"... The other songs like "Chinna chinna vanna kuil" can be taken away and replaced with more modern music...

I really would love to see this film remade... I'd love to direct it myself!!!

Mouna Ragam is a classic movie and it continues to be my favourite movie for ages.It is very difficult to recreate the magic created by mani sir,karthik,mohan and revathi. But the idea you quoted is good. hope things will fall on place and you would remake it without spoiling the essence and beauty of the movie.Good luck!!!!

thala
3rd April 2011, 05:54 PM
I'd like to see a tamil jail movie like "The Shawshank Redemption":

Ajith as Tim Robbins
Kamal Hassan as Morgan Freeman