PDA

View Full Version : IR's New albums - Ver 2008

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

baroque
18th February 2008, 06:33 AM
Hello to Good old Raaja!

http://www.musicplug.in/multiple_song_flashplayer.php?songid=10099&br=medium&id=487&page=artists
:bluejump: :redjump: :swinghead: :bluejump: :redjump: :ty: shri.Ilayaraaja

raja_fan
20th February 2008, 08:02 PM
Kaanaamal ponavargal patriya arivuppu !

Kaanavillai !

1. Dhanam.

sumaar 1.5 varudangalaaga kaanavillai
Niram : Maaniram.
Konjam vazhi thavari sella koodiyavar.

2. Mayilu.

Sumaar 6 maadhangalaaga kaana villai
Niram : karuppu.
Nandraaga paada koodiyavar.

3. Naan Kadavul.

sumaar 2 varudangalaaga kaana villai.
Niram : Bayangaram.
Kadaisiyaaga Kaasiyil sutri thirindhadhaaga thagaval. Rombave mana nilai sari illaadhavar.

rajasaranam
21st February 2008, 10:15 AM
Kaanaamal ponavargal patriya arivuppu !

Kaanavillai !

1. Dhanam.

sumaar 1.5 varudangalaaga kaanavillai
Niram : Maaniram.
Konjam vazhi thavari sella koodiyavar.

2. Mayilu.

Sumaar 6 maadhangalaaga kaana villai
Niram : karuppu.
Nandraaga paada koodiyavar.

3. Naan Kadavul.

sumaar 2 varudangalaaga kaana villai.
Niram : Bayangaram.
Kadaisiyaaga Kaasiyil sutri thirindhadhaaga thagaval. Rombave mana nilai sari illaadhavar.

:lol:
kavalai vendaam! avargal varuvaargal :)

kameshratnam
21st February 2008, 02:20 PM
I just read a message from the moderator of IR Egroup...manasku romba kashtama irundu...

Looks like mayyam iR forums is the place to discuss about IR's music..

Sanjeevi
21st February 2008, 02:33 PM
I just read a message from the moderator of IR Egroup...manasku romba kashtama irundu...

:roll:

Sanjeevi
21st February 2008, 02:38 PM
Another news

I've seen some advt sign board and have read some news about Kamal involved "Hruthaya Raagam" programmee for physicall challenged people with some Ilaiyaraja musical stage performance.

But what is the shock news is, Today newspaper has an advt of the same programme wihout IR name. Instead of IR's musical programme, it says, All music directors, etc.

What happended any problem between IR & Kamal.

svbp007
21st February 2008, 05:09 PM
Kamesh,

Are your referring to the conversations related to the KPP thread ?

It is indeed sad that the whole thing was like that. However, to the credit of the moderators...the discussion did go on for quite sometime to enable different perspectives to be heard.

Regards,
Bhanu

raja_fan
21st February 2008, 06:15 PM
Sanjeevi,

Yes, IR is not going to lead the musical show as reported earlier.
It is going to be a musical show by Malayalam MD Jayachandran.

Not sure who are the other MDs involved..

I too have doubts on Kamal-IR relationship for some time now.

krish244
21st February 2008, 07:16 PM
Sanjeevi,

Yes, IR is not going to lead the musical show as reported earlier.
It is going to be a musical show by Malayalam MD Jayachandran.

Not sure who are the other MDs involved..

I too have doubts on Kamal-IR relationship for some time now.

As per news, IR is to (only) inaugurate the (musical) event. I don't think he was to take active part in the musical event. Below is the rediff news.

http://inhome.rediff.com/movies/2008/jan/31kamal.htm

"...For the noble cause, a fundraiser 'Mega musical feast' titled 'Shoba Hridayaragam' will be organised here on February 24.

All leading music directors and singers in the Malayalam film industry would take part in the through the feast, he said. Music maestro Ilayaraja will inaugurate the event. ..."

thanks,

Krishnan

vem
21st February 2008, 09:31 PM
i guess maintaining friendship with IR is next to impossible. He is too headstrong and in general unforgiving. Otherwise, how can one have strained relationship with all his former friends like BR, MR, RK etc. This is not to malign him - but I just wonder if he is a bit accomodative, he can once again entrall us with his melodies for high budget movies. I think he dug his own grave, and not because others displaced him.

thilak4life
22nd February 2008, 12:13 AM
I think he dug his own grave

and so did Mozart....

ganspb
22nd February 2008, 04:05 AM
May be for him. Not for his Music.
No one can ever either.

raja_fan
22nd February 2008, 06:27 AM
Vem,

I agree with you, but that was only a professional standoff, not personal. For example with RK.

btw.., I will call it a pit, not a grave !

And if people like Myskkin and Amir are going to work with IR ( they are willing ) and if IR does not repeat the old mistakes with them, I am sure we can see the old lion back again :) These new directors can be the new MR,BR etc in their own way.

thilak4life
22nd February 2008, 03:32 PM
I mean what's wrong with being arrogant? :huh:

Along with talent, comes the whole package of arrogance, indulgence, and whatever! Sure, that's a bad career move,etc. but talent still reigns supreme! :exactly:

thumburu
22nd February 2008, 05:36 PM
Thilak, all these "so called" vices which u stated will go well with the mantra called "success". Otherwise there will be lots of such freebie advises from armchair critics like me :)
Hi IR fans, I was just listening to a KJY marvel from film "UMT" , "Maanida sevai drohama , Kalaivani". Is the raga of this song "Dharbaar" coz it sounds like that to me?

K
22nd February 2008, 06:42 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2008/02/21-muthalvar-mahathma.html

new movie for IR

jaiganes
22nd February 2008, 08:12 PM
Iam hearing from my friends in PFC blog that there is a new Hindi movie by Ajoy Varma with Gulzar's lyrics. Can anyon verify the title? Raaja all the way?

app_engine
22nd February 2008, 11:33 PM
This is interesting - they're planning to release the movie in April but movie still does not have a name:-)
http://sify.com/movies/malayalam/fullstory.php?id=14608809

njv
23rd February 2008, 03:16 AM
These new directors can be the new MR,BR etc in their own way.

Nooooooooooooo way. You have no idea what legends BR, KB and to some extend MR are. This is exactly like comparing IR with Vijay Antony and the likes.

Enna Koduma Saravanan idhu?

As far as KH-IR relationship goes, atleast up until Dubai IR Show they both had v.g relationship, so dont let your "manak kuthirai" travel distances. If at all, it is probably due to 10A. Himesh is not doing BGM. There were rumors about ARR and now someone else. Most likely KH would have approached IR and he would have declined / asked to go to someone else.

Having said all this, I am literally tired of IR's work in TFM these days. At present I am only looking for Naan Kadavul. I heard that IR is taking unusually long days (days, not time!) to do BGM. Either we are in treat for a symphony or he is struggling with health issues. Raajaalltheway can shed some light. :idea:

vem
23rd February 2008, 03:46 AM
it is really kodumai saravanan sir ithu :) IR gets all these historic movies such as Bharathi, Gandhi, Dadabai Naoriji etc etc..... where BGM is more important to create feelings of pathos and melancholy. One cannot probably take duet songs of these heroes right - hence songs such as from Panner pushpangal, nemjathai killadhey cannot be expected.

IR is a king in churning out such evergreen melodies - songs such as Poontharida and Kodai kala katre still makes me fresh u know...... We are the ultimate losers not to get any more melodies from IR...... I dont have hope on Bala too, as he has been stuck with this movie for years now..... Atleast, IR could have got marmayogi :(

irir123
23rd February 2008, 04:17 AM
guys - lets not jump to any conclusions abt IR and KH - theirs is an evergreen friendship and understanding that goes beyond mere cinematic conveniences! even for Marma yogi, apparently KH wanted someone from IR's family while discussions were going on with Adlabs/Reliance - for 10A, KH wud not have approached IR for the BGM only, since KH is quite aware of IR's policy (Lajja was an exception, since Santoshi approached IR in the beginning itself) of not doing BGM only - besides, IR and KS Ravikumar dont share a congenial relationship at all!

raja_fan
23rd February 2008, 08:12 AM
You have no idea what legends BR, KB and to some extend MR are.

Idhu remba overu :)
Talking as though you were grown up every day seeing BR and MR face to face ! No one else knows anything about these people ? And you are including KB in this list ! I wonder how many people accept KB as a class director ! IMHO he is just a very successful director of his times but whose films will never stand time like that of MR.

People like Amir and Myskkin have just started their shows. Give time to them and see. I am only hopeful that they will become greats in their own way. After watching "Idhaya Koil" or "Pagal nilavu" who would have thought MR will rise to such heights in India ? We always need to wait and see. we never know..

so dont let your "manak kuthirai" travel distances. If at all, it is probably due to 10A. Himesh is not doing BGM. There were rumors about ARR and now someone else. Most likely KH would have approached IR and he would have declined / asked to go to someone else.

Idhu yaarudaiya "manak kuthirai" sir ?
I just said "I now doubt about IR-KH relationship". Nothing more than that. See how much you have added :)

crvenky
23rd February 2008, 02:30 PM
Thumburu,
I learn that Maanida sevai is in the Raga Udaya Ravichandrika.

Cinefan
23rd February 2008, 05:52 PM
Telugu director Teja is starting a film with new faces and has assembled a top notch team of IR(music),P C Sreeram(DOP)&Thotta Tarani(Art direction).

This news is on telugu websites like idlebrain.com&telugucinema.com.

Teja's films have had good music esp by R.P.Patnaik but he is on a downslide for the last few years with most of his films flopping.

irir123
23rd February 2008, 09:37 PM
I wud rate KB ahead of MR on any day - MR has way too many limitations such as urban dramas and repetitive style of filmmaking and when he ran out of ideas, or should I put it this way: he thought it easy and convenient to latch on to the 'terror/militant' angle he made two lacklustre movies in Mumbai and DilSe both of which had as many flaws as chambers in a beehive

For me, movies like Neerkumizhi, Edhir Neechal, avargal etc are interesting each time I watch them, whereas MR's movies that are watchable more than once are just a couple

njv
24th February 2008, 01:32 AM
Talking as though you were grown up every day seeing BR and MR face to face ! No one else knows anything about these people ? And you are including KB in this list !

Yes, I have lived in BR days. Went to almost every one of his movies in the opening day itself. People like KB (K Balachandar, not K Bhagyaraj) and BR are crowd pullers because they created many trends on many fronts. KB is the only director who made more than 100 movies. How is that possible? I would include KB ahead of rest of them, followed by BR. MR can join at the tail end. I would not even add him if not for Nayagan & Dhalapathi. Rest of his movies are pathetic attempt to get into national screen.

I just said "I now doubt about IR-KH relationship". Nothing more than that. See how much you have added :)
This is not for you. For Vem!

raja_fan
24th February 2008, 08:09 AM
KB is the only director who made more than 100 movies. How is that possible?

FYI, even Rama Narayanan completed 100 movies :)

Mahen
24th February 2008, 12:59 PM
Yes, I have lived in BR days. Went to almost every one of his movies in the opening day itself. People like KB (K Balachandar, not K Bhagyaraj) and BR are crowd pullers because they created many trends on many fronts. KB is the only director who made more than 100 movies. How is that possible? I would include KB ahead of rest of them, followed by BR. MR can join at the tail end. I would not even add him if not for Nayagan & Dhalapathi. Rest of his movies are pathetic attempt to get into national screen.

Romba overa ellai??Parthale paravasam was his 100th movie and then POI..so its 101..Ennamo 150 movies direct panna mathri pesuringe..His last two movies were utter crap... :banghead: :banghead: MR grow as film maker unlike KB..

raja_fan
24th February 2008, 02:04 PM
Mahen,

In my opinion, 50% of KB's movies were crap, but were successful just because they were different and it clicked at that time !

All he could achieve was a large female fan base because of his protrayal of the so called "revolutionary women". But most of his women characters were "Adhiga prasangigal". Also not to talk of his diagonal relationships ! Vakram and incest. Only movies like UMT, Punnagai Mannan, Duet were exceptions.

I can watch Mouna Ragam, Nayakan, Thalapathi etc any times. MR is not perfect, but far better than KB !

kameshratnam
25th February 2008, 10:02 AM
Went to landmark citi centre and the tamil new release audio section had a lot of cds of KKH...when i went to pay the bill..there was a guy who didnt know tamil but was telling his friend in the next counter...this audio cd is doing well and has had a good sale..

Good news

raja_fan
25th February 2008, 10:14 AM
KKH ?

you mean KKP ?

Cinefan
25th February 2008, 10:21 AM
KKH ?

you mean KKP ?

What is KKH&KKP ?

entertainment
25th February 2008, 11:39 AM
KKH ?

you mean KKP ?

What is KKH&KKP ?
I think they are referring to Kangalum Kavi Paaduthey

kameshratnam
25th February 2008, 11:53 AM
Yes..sorry spelling mistake

raja_fan
25th February 2008, 02:55 PM
IR did not attend !

http://www.hindu.com/2008/02/25/stories/2008022557650200.htm

So where did the communication gap arise between KH and IR ?

thumburu
25th February 2008, 03:25 PM
Thank you crvenky.

thumburu
25th February 2008, 04:39 PM
crvenky, a small correction. I just verified and as RR says in "ROS" thread, the raga of "maanida sevai drogama" from film "Unnal mudiyum thambi" is "Poornachandrika". BTW, UdhayaRavichandrika is the same As "Suddha dhanyasi", IR's most fav raga along with "Kiravani" , IMO

kiru
25th February 2008, 05:41 PM
Mahen,

I. Also not to talk of his diagonal relationships ! Vakram and incest. ...!

Right, I dont have high opinion about MR either, but I can agree with the above on KB. Some of his other actions (like apologising to Rajni) did not give me a good impression about him.
Re: BR - he breathed in a fresh air of rustic innocence. In my teens, I fell for his movies. In later years, I can see that his creativity has been compromised by overdramatized climaxes to fit into the tamil/indian cinema format/style.

crvenky
25th February 2008, 06:19 PM
Thumburu, thanks for correcting me :)

Any info about the singer Haricharan, who sung Naalai inneram in KKP? There is some uniqueness in his voice. What are the other songs by him?

kameshratnam
25th February 2008, 07:06 PM
haricharan i

His famous numbers are

Arabu naade -

and of course Kadhal - Unnakaena Irupen

Renault
25th February 2008, 08:47 PM
Haricharan has also sung Ottrai kannale from "Vel"... I liked his voice instantly... nice to see that it has managed to get Raja's attention and nod as well.

baroque
26th February 2008, 11:30 AM
HELLO from GOOD OLD ENCHANTING Shri.Ilayaraaja to you all !!

:bluejump: :redjump: :musicsmile: :swinghead:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dYO2cY_MXKc&feature=related

:ty: Shri.Ilayaraja!

krish244
26th February 2008, 11:42 AM
About IR's background score for "Aa Dinagalu":

http://www.mid-day.com/web/guest/lifeatwork/lifeatwork/article?_EXT_5_articleId=1011807&_EXT_5_groupId=14

thanks,

Krishnan

Sanjeevi
26th February 2008, 05:11 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2008/02/24-rudraiah-returns-after-30-years.html

"Aval Appadithan" Rudhraih back to TFI

From the above linke, a new matter to know (atleast for me)

இளையராஜாவின் இசையில் கவியரசு கண்ணதாசனே வெகுவாக ரசித்துக் கேட்ட 'உறவுகள் தொடர்கதை...' எனும் அருமையான பாடல் இந்தப் படத்தில்தான் இடம் பெற்றிருந்தது. இதை எழுதியவர் கங்கை அமரன்.
அதே போல இதே படத்தில் கங்கை அமரன் எழுதி கமல் பாடிய இன்னொரு பாடலான பன்னீர் புஷ்பங்களே... பெரும் வரவேற்பைப் பெற்றது அன்றைக்கு.

இத்தனைக்கும் கவியரசர் இந்தப் படத்தில் 'வாழ்க்கை ஓடம் செல்ல...' எனும் பாடலை எழுதியிருந்தார். அதையே தூக்கி சாப்பிட்ட பாடலாக அமைந்தது உறவுகள் தொடர்கதை. அதே போல எழுத்தாளர் வண்ணநிலவனும் இப்படத்தில் குறிப்பிடத்தக்க பங்காற்றியிருந்தார்.

krish244
26th February 2008, 06:17 PM
KKP review on Rediff:

http://inhome.rediff.com/movies/2008/feb/26sskk.htm

It says there is an instrumental theme piece only included in cassette (reminds us that "cassette" still exists!)

thanks,

Krishnan

raja_fan
27th February 2008, 10:34 PM
A song from SMS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qahccK5UFYc

Not great, just a college teaser song !

irir123
28th February 2008, 09:02 AM
the song sucks big-time!

teja
28th February 2008, 11:45 AM
IR seems to have signed another Telugu film - Mallepoovu. :)

http://www.totaltollywood.com/news/ttnews1936.html

irir123
28th February 2008, 09:14 PM
digression:
http://www.rediff.com/movies/2008/feb/28sujatha.htm
big loss to TN and India -(
end digression

krish244
29th February 2008, 12:27 AM
My (late) opinion about KKP!

1. Hey Mamu: Enough of "tan taka taun" please! Did not like the song.

2. Maalai Nila: Right from the first note, this song impressed me, although I wish the interludes were better. Nevertheless this is one of the best songs in this album. Nice tune. I wonder if IR has tried to sound more unlike himself in this song. I mean more like a professional singer singing a duet.

3. Naalai Inneram: The way the pallavi starts and charanam ends, it took me back to "Anne Anne sippai.." days, but the otherwise nice tune and the smooth flowing music makes one to enjoy the song. Somehow IR has a knack of introducing silence (pause) in a song if situation demands and he is very good at that I think. Notice the 2nd charanam.

4. Sollumvarai kaadhal: Somehow felt its a slow tune. The way Manjari starts "sollu sollava", it (the pattern) reminds me of some other IR song, but I dont recollect. Anyway not a big thing. Charanam sounded better. I just did not like the "too plain" 1st interlude. Looks like IR experimented with some sounds :). 2nd was somewhat better (only).

5. Pottumela: I listened to this song the 2nd time without analysing anything just to enjoy the old IR in this song. For me, this is the other best song of the album. Loved the 1st interlude. Do I hear guitar (or simulated) bits as bass portions. Love the way the charanam tune starts. 2nd interlude is not as good as 1st one, but ok. . If picturised, it has potential to become a popular song. Good singing.

thanks,

Krishnan

vigneshram
29th February 2008, 06:54 AM
digression:
http://www.rediff.com/movies/2008/feb/28sujatha.htm
big loss to TN and India -(
end digression

Definitely a great loss to us IR fans too.
Remember Sujatha was close to IR, since "Karaiyellam Shenbagapoo" days and during his "Media dreams" days, he worked with Raja for Bharathi and Paandavaas. Sujatha was one of the few to have got the chance to listen to Thiruvaasagam before its release and he gave a wonderful review of it in Vikatan's Kattradhum pettradhum. He was keen to have "Aalwar's songs" tuned by Raja.

No one can fill Sujatha's space... http://vigneshram.blogspot.com/2008/02/asimov-of-india-tribute-to-sujatha.html

njv
29th February 2008, 11:33 AM
MR grow as film maker unlike KB..
:lol:

njv
29th February 2008, 11:41 AM
Only movies like UMT, Punnagai Mannan, Duet were exceptions.

I can watch Mouna Ragam, Nayakan, Thalapathi etc any times. MR is not perfect, but far better than KB !

Neer Kumizhi, Naanal, Bama Vijayam, Anubavi Raja Anubavi, Ethir NEechal, Poova Thalaya, Iru Kodugal, Ethiroli, Punnagai, 100ku 100, Sollathan Ninaikiraen, Arangaetram, Apoorva Raagangal, 3 mudichu, manmadhaleelai, patina pravesam, avargal, nizhal nijamagirathu, varumayin niram sivappu, thillu mullu, thanneer thanneer, ek duje keliye, sindu bairavi, UMT, Punnagai Mannan, manathil uruthi vendum - something that comes to top of my mind.

Ninaithale Inikkum- I am yet to see a novel like this in Tamil or Indian industry. Dil Chahta Hai was close to this, not perfect!

Mr - Nayagan, Thalapathi - Waiting for 3rd strike. May be a remake/copy of American Gangster, *ing Rajni and Kamal!

And BTW, I absolutely hate KB as an individual for making his personal choices into movies (like Apoorva Raagangal!)

thumburu
29th February 2008, 02:30 PM
I still remember writer Sujatha's glowing review of the "panthuvaraLi" based modern concerto piece from "RajaParvai" in kumudham. Sujatha knew how to play musical instrumens like guitar. Like his class mate Abdul Kalaam , Sujatha's sharp musical knowledge came in handy while writing few music reviews.
They dunt make people like him anymore :( . Iam particularly aghast at TOI Bangalore to have spared just 2 lines announcing his demise , that too only today, where as a "thummal" of likes of SRK or Bachans would have made headlines

rajasaranam
29th February 2008, 04:52 PM
Neer Kumizhi, Naanal, Bama Vijayam, Anubavi Raja Anubavi, Ethir NEechal, Poova Thalaya, Iru Kodugal, Ethiroli, Punnagai, 100ku 100, Sollathan Ninaikiraen, Arangaetram, Apoorva Raagangal, 3 mudichu, manmadhaleelai, patina pravesam, avargal, nizhal nijamagirathu, varumayin niram sivappu, thillu mullu, thanneer thanneer, ek duje keliye, sindu bairavi, UMT, Punnagai Mannan, manathil uruthi vendum - something that comes to top of my mind.

Ninaithale Inikkum- I am yet to see a novel like this in Tamil or Indian industry. Dil Chahta Hai was close to this, not perfec

Yeah some of them are very good indeed! but KB was not able to come out of the hangover of DRAMA, Period. His understanding of Cinema as Audio-Visual medium was so so....
It was BR, Mahendran and BM trio that actually gave us Cinema in its complete essence. (Rudraih & John Abraham also can be included but their contribution in nos. were less)

Ninaithale inikkum - Sans the Theatre/Drama feel was a great attempt for those times.

rajasaranam
29th February 2008, 04:58 PM
I still remember writer Sujatha's glowing review of the "panthuvaraLi" based modern concerto piece from "RajaParvai" in kumudham. Sujatha knew how to play musical instrumens like guitar. Like his class mate Abdul Kalaam , Sujatha's sharp musical knowledge came in handy while writing few music reviews.
They dunt make people like him anymore :( . Iam particularly aghast at TOI Bangalore to have spared just 2 lines announcing his demise , that too only today, where as a "thummal" of likes of SRK or Bachans would have made headlines

The Best thing about him is, He writes everything in simple and lighter way, that you dont feel heavy even when the subject he handles is a heavy one. Just like IR Who makes all great music sound simple.

Ithu mathiri manithargal yaen Athiga kaalam Vaazha koodathu?!! konjam Bayamathaan irukku :cry:

GOVT. should sanction Cloning such people whom the society will need permanently.

irir123
29th February 2008, 07:51 PM
Rajasaranam - a year ago, I had an interesting email interaction with the late Mr.Sujata on 'metaphysics and systems science' based on a research article published by a renowned systems scientist! in spite of what I assume must have been a busy schedule, he replied with patience and enthusiasm - hallmarks of great men! may his Soul find a better place!

irir123
29th February 2008, 07:54 PM
also several years ago, I had met him at Prasad Studios (IR introduced me to him and Gnanarajasekharan then) during Bharathy rerecording - he was a very simple, humble person, and within minutes of introduction, asked me tons of questions about my areas of research - wanting to know more, genuinely inquisitive rather than pretending to understand and gain knowledge - such people are rare to find amongst the 'pop/consumer' culture grown present generation, IMHO

irir123
29th February 2008, 07:58 PM
btw, it was at the same occasion, IR who was busy conducting the rerecording, was doing multi-tasking - correcting score errors, and also listening to us! at the end, IR had some interesting comments about Discovery, National Geographic and History Channels! apparently he watches these channels regularly and in fact, watches only these whenever he gets a chance! IR's approach to life in terms of knowing more, understanding better, implementing ideas creatively could easily be seen then

irir123
29th February 2008, 08:04 PM
IR also later spoke extensively about events in Ramana Maharishi's life and his knowledge of most great seers/saints of India was/is astounding! for instance, he spoke about Sant Kabir!! I was taken aback and I shared with him what little I knew about Shri Ramakrishna Paramhans (I had to say something)- perhaps this approach towards understanding/ realizing things at a higher level and always seeking the same, is what is making IR take less interest in 'junk' movies ! therefore, am hoping for something remarkable from IR for "pazhassi raja" and "Manikandan" etc - I only wish Kamal cud somehow rope him for Marmayogi - Kamal IMHO, has a similar approach in terms of constantly striving to know more, though he might be an atheist!

irir123
29th February 2008, 08:05 PM
and I sincerely wish/hope that new directors/filmmakers understand IR the way it has to be and then respect his 'inner' needs and based on the same, extract stuff from him! thats the only way, things will work henceforth!

NormalMan
1st March 2008, 09:14 AM
Did anyone see the TV ad for secondshadi.com? The music in the ad resembles a song/BGM by IR. Not sure what it is.

rajasaranam
1st March 2008, 04:02 PM
irir,

thanks for sharing those experiences :)

vem
1st March 2008, 08:33 PM
http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/01032008-2.shtml

krish244
1st March 2008, 11:53 PM
Vem, the same news (with same wordings) in the following site as well. Ore Jalra !

I dont know when these online sites will stop replicating (or copying) from another site.

http://www.tamilstar.com/news/publish/article_5826.shtml

BTW, the above news also says that IR will be the MD for a new tamil movie "Azhaharmalai"

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
1st March 2008, 11:56 PM
Did anyone see the TV ad for secondshadi.com? The music in the ad resembles a song/BGM by IR. Not sure what it is.

I have seen IR's WTNI/NBW music used (as it is) in ETV Marathi channel for some ad.

thanks,

Krishnan

rajaalltheway
2nd March 2008, 03:47 PM
hi friends....been a long time..hows things??

NormalMan
3rd March 2008, 08:31 AM
Doesn't matter if IR is singing a duet after 10 years or belching after 16 years. Probably the last chance I'm going to give him is with Pazhasi Raaja. If he continues with the irritating pauses in his songs, non-sense synths and lack luster/insipid interludes, I would go back to the wonderful collection of him in my iPod.

raja_fan
3rd March 2008, 10:56 AM
Probably the last chance I'm going to give him is with Pazhasi Raaja. If he continues with the irritating pauses in his songs, non-sense synths

:D you have spoken my mind !

But I am very much confident, PR will be different !

kiru
4th March 2008, 03:04 AM
Sujatha's demise is a great loss to contemporary tamil writing. As a kid, I had difficulty maintaining context with his 'conversational' style of story telling. Once I got the taste of it I enjoyed this novel approach. I still remember the US business school assignments, the hero gets in 'pirivOm, santhippOm'. the robot dog, 3d holographic ghosts and his non-fictional 'seidhi sollum seyaRkai kOlgal' etc.
The man did a great service to tamil and common tamil people's exposure to science. He also had practical opinion on controversial issues like reservation (ie. it is a struggle for resources and only way to deal with it is to increase opportunities).

krish244
4th March 2008, 01:02 PM
Dont know how far this news is true! IR composing for another serial (directed by BR) to be aired (soon) on Kalaignar TV. Don't know if IR is only doing title song or even the BGM, but BR doing a "mega soap" is a bit surprising.

http://films-channels.blogspot.com/2008/03/actress-suganya-in-kalaignar-tv.html

thanks,

Krishnan

thumburu
4th March 2008, 02:57 PM
Whenever I read "vaaram oru paasuram" ,Sujatha's one page write up on any poem of the ALwars in Kalki weekly, a wishful thinking ,what if IR composes for these immortal works instead of scoring for inane movies like "madhu does cross my mind

raja_fan
4th March 2008, 03:23 PM
krish244,

That is an old news ! :)
Going by the track record of Kalaignar TV, nothing great to look forward..

rooky
4th March 2008, 07:35 PM
Why do you guys worry about IR composing for TV serials.He is not going to do BGM for every episode.It is going to be the title song alone.That was the case with the other tv serial on kalaignar tv also.

lot of MDs have done so and it definitely is not going to degrade his reputation.

krish244
4th March 2008, 11:42 PM
IR has composed a (opening) piece for "Classical Music in the Digital Age" event to be held on March 5th at Earlham college, Indiana.

http://www.earlham.edu/events/series.html

http://www.earlham.edu/publicaffairs/content/pressroom/archive/2008/february/080225s-classical.php

Also check:

http://www.pal-item.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080304/NEWS13/803040331

thanks,

Krishnan

A.ANAND
5th March 2008, 03:16 PM
please anybody give me the link to download mp3 ir's 'how to name it'

rajaalltheway
5th March 2008, 04:51 PM
i feel a lot of complaints regarding "irritating pauses in his songs, non-sense synths and lack luster/insipid interludes" can be put to rest once u listen to AMMA PAAMALAI devotional album released by Welgate.ENAKKUL rendered by ayya himself as the opening song has the tabla and violins we all miss a lot.I felt as though Ayya was sitting with Mani Ratnam and Vaali inside Prasad deluxe sometime back in 1987 when this song was composed.Ofcourse all the other beautiful compostions have been destroyed to the hilt honestly by Bavatharinis immature,emotionless,bakthiless voice and rendition.A great album which should have struck the right chords if Chitra or Janaki Amma had lend their voice.

raja_fan
5th March 2008, 05:34 PM
rajaalltheway,

What is AMMA PAAMALAI ? devotional on Goddess Mookambika ?

Regd Bhavatharini's rendition, even geniuses like Raja are not able to set aside their "Puthra paasam" for doing justice to their work :(

kameshratnam
6th March 2008, 11:11 AM
I still remember the way bhavada sang in Andrum Inrum...mayil pola and Sendoora poove ...was very bad..
And Janani for TIS release...

MumbaiRamki
6th March 2008, 12:32 PM
KKP-> Solla Varum Kadhal and Maalai Nila are outstanding inspite of the familiarity that you find with other songs. Both these songs grew on me on multiple listening.

ABt Bhava , i feel she sangs the devotional songs well, but a bit bland for filmi songs.

Sanjeevi
6th March 2008, 01:29 PM
She was good when she sung "Enakkoru Annai Valarthanal Annai" at a recent event.

Sanjeevi
6th March 2008, 01:31 PM
She was good when she sung "Enakkoru Annai Valarthanal Annai" at a recent event.

I need the album name of this song, pls..

raja_fan
6th March 2008, 04:04 PM
Sanjeevi,

It is IR's "Geethanjali".

Contains few more excellent songs like "Kamaakshi..", "Nee poorani.." etc. Worth a buy, but not sure if it is available still..

kameshratnam
6th March 2008, 04:43 PM
Surprise Surprise

IR's Geethanjali and Ramana malai are available in landmark city centre

Kamakshi was reused in Atma film. The song is Varayo sung beautifully by Mano

Sadly today Mano has been forgotten..what a voice..a singer with 15000 plus songs...

Ask everyone they wud say their Fav singer is SPB KJY Hariharan and i have never heard people saying Mano

raja_fan
6th March 2008, 07:24 PM
kameshratnam,

you always say landmark city centre :)
Which city ? Chennai or Bangalore or any other ?

vem
6th March 2008, 07:31 PM
Being an ardent chess fan, I remember Richard Reti's comments on Akiba Rubinstein's games as a perfect architectural monument well supported by perfectlty placed chess pieces that even a single piece dare not be removed from the plan. I totally believe this to be true from analysing hundreds of Rubinstein's games - he is an epitome of chess perfection.
Similarly, I see that IR's songs to be gigantic pieces of composition, with every instrument working harmoniously with others and giving us a soothing effect. For instance, the Uravenum song, where IR uses even humming and whistling as part of the song grows on us so much, that whenever I think of the song, I can even recollect the entire song with interlude music :)
The link for this evergreen IR melody is http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=uravenum&search_type=

irir123
7th March 2008, 09:02 AM
guys any news on 'Pazhassi raja' ?

raja_fan
8th March 2008, 04:46 PM
Dubbing was under way. Going by the pace the movie is made, doubtful that it will hit screens by Vishu next month..

irir123
8th March 2008, 06:39 PM
how abt the music release of pazhassi raja ?

krish244
10th March 2008, 06:12 PM
"Aa Dinagalu" won two awards in Udaya sunfeast awards. Don't know if IR won an award.

http://www.newindpress.com/NewsItems.asp?ID=IE120080309232830&Title=Bangalore&rLink=0

thanks,

Krishnan

rooky
10th March 2008, 08:00 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/kannada/gallery/events/14686.html

Has the list of awardees.

Manomurthy has won the best MD award for Cheluvina chithara.FYI this was a remake of tamil movie Kadhal and as usual the songs were Duly copied line to line (ofcourse without crediting the original composer).

rooky
10th March 2008, 08:21 PM
Sathiyan-Mohanlal's movie titled as "Innathe Chinthavishayam"

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/malayalam/article/37119.html

raja_fan
11th March 2008, 06:42 AM
hmm.., re-uniting couples ?
Heavy-aana subject pola theriyudhe ?

Paatu nallaa varumaa...?! doubt-aa irukku

krish244
11th March 2008, 11:06 AM

Manomurthy has won the best MD award for Cheluvina chithara.FYI this was a remake of tamil movie Kadhal and as usual the songs were Duly copied line to line (ofcourse without crediting the original composer).

I have heard the kannada version (ditto) of "Unakkena" song, but not sure about others. Are other songs also copied?

Its really pathetic that the award should go to copied music (that too exactly ditto) rather than original ones. Of course we know about IR's music in "Aa Dinagalu" is original? What about other nominees...are they also original? Must be I guess.

thanks,

Krishnan

kameshratnam
11th March 2008, 11:17 AM
The worst part is the hero became an over night star with this and you should have seen the people lauding the director for his efforts..Cannot crib about this because even here iN TN, we have master remakers.

Kadaluku Mariyathai - Anayathu Paravu
Pokirri - Pokiiri
Chandramukhi - Full Copy - Claimed to be different
Velli thirai - Udayanu Tharam
Kuselan - Kathai parayum Pol
Include 90 % of the movies of Remake Ravi

raja_fan
11th March 2008, 12:20 PM
The problem ( or their fortune ) of Kannadigas is that their general interest on Cinema is far less than what you see in TN or AP or Kerala.

So they really don't peep much in to behind screen things like who inspired/copied whom etc. I think they just watch movies and go back to their business..

kameshratnam
11th March 2008, 05:32 PM
Landmark and saraswathi stores have a few copies of the music messiah left with them..

Also they(ECHO) have now reduced the price to 125 for each copy of IR's Special...titled IR sings...4 cds ...all solo songs of IR

raajarasigan
11th March 2008, 06:17 PM
Include 90 % of the movies of Remake Ravi

and 100% of Remake Raja

kingvj
11th March 2008, 09:24 PM
i shudder the way they killed "raakkamma kaiyya thattu"... !!! IR composed it with THAT level of King's orchestration and they werent able to reproduce it (atleast in patches) even after 15 years.. shows volumes of genius work by IR and room (in fact, many football grounds) for improvement in Kannada cinema/music.

rajasaranam
12th March 2008, 11:29 AM
oru complete industry'ave ippadi pottu aniyaayamaa thaakrathu enakku ennamo seriya padala :(

selvakumar
12th March 2008, 11:34 AM
I have heard the kannada version (ditto) of "Unakkena" song, but not sure about others. Are other songs also copied?

Its really pathetic that the award should go to copied music (that too exactly ditto) rather than original ones. Of course we know about IR's music in "Aa Dinagalu" is original? What about other nominees...are they also original? Must be I guess.

thanks,

Krishnan

The other songs are different and I like them more than "UNakenna" song. Only "Unakenna" song was there in the remake. But I feel Mano Murthy is a good music director (Mungaaru Male) . I haven't heard other kannada soundtracks.

kameshratnam
13th March 2008, 03:21 PM
There have been good reviews for KKP. One of the magazines said ..in the age of remix and copying..here we have an album which is full of fresh music

Devar Magan
13th March 2008, 06:04 PM

thanks,

Krishnan there is one very famous song called "ullaasada huvule" . its original.. its quite good actually...

raja_fan
14th March 2008, 09:07 AM
This site shows Pazhassi Raja release date as Sep 2008 !

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0887769/

hmmmmmmmmmm.........

raja_fan
14th March 2008, 09:33 AM
"Innathe Chintaa Vishayam" ( can be translated to "Subject to be pondered today" :) ) release on Apr 11 !

http://www.breezemagic.net/

krish244
14th March 2008, 10:57 PM
Update about Nandalala movie:

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/37250.html

thanks,

Krishnan

raja_fan
15th March 2008, 08:11 AM
Thanks Krish !

That is a great news :cool2:

After many years, IR is teaming up with a new winning director and hope this combo will continue and give memorable hits like IR-BR, IR-MR etc !

Renault
15th March 2008, 08:55 PM
Guys,

Let's take stock of Maestro's upcoming movies (Audio releases included):

TAMIL
======
Nandalala
Naan Kadavul
Ameer's next movie (Is it Kannapiraan)
Anal Kaatru
Azhagarmalai
Kangalum Kavi Paaduthey
Uliyin Osai
Dhanam
Muthalvar Mahatma
Mayilu

HINDI
=======
Pa

MALAYALAM
===========
Pazhassi Raja
Kutty Shranku
Innathe Chintaa Vishayam
SMS
Animation movie on Lord Ayyappa

TELUGU
======

Quick Gun Murugan
Mallepoovu

Please add on if I had left any movie. Maestro seems to be in good form in Malayalam with two Mammooty films (One, the biggest in Malayalam films in terms of budget), and one Mohanlal - Satyan film.

raja_fan
15th March 2008, 09:53 PM
Add Teja's film in Telugu ( is it "Kaake" ? )

Renault
15th March 2008, 09:57 PM
Thanks Raja_fan. I also seem to have forgotten Fazils next Tamil film.

raja_fan
16th March 2008, 07:47 AM
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/malayalam/s/movie_name.9601/

Only one song in 'SMS', that too a crap..:(

Hulkster
16th March 2008, 08:19 AM
:lol2: There's two more songs...its just ripped off from the SMS Preview video and the audio release has not even happened yet. You are seriously becoming more and more engrossed into a pessimistic world...its quite obvious that IR is not really interested in the songs but rather the background score. He has crafted so many songs of different genres in various orchestration moods that doing songs for film is already boring him. Its only you guys who are making him sound like he has gone lifeless and forgotten to make music. Look at films like aa dinagalu and anumanaspadam and cheeni kum....the BGM is of a quality that only john williams can match...and you guys are still focussed on the songs as if he is a new MD who has never created songs before :banghead:

rooky
16th March 2008, 10:41 AM
The kannada Movie "Aa Dinagalu" with music by our IR is released in capital Region in three multiplexes from last friday (14 March 2008).

As per Bangalore Mirror, This becomes the First Kannada movie ever to be released in the capital region.

ananth222
16th March 2008, 10:43 AM
Look at films like aa dinagalu and anumanaspadam and cheeni kum....the BGM is of a quality that only john williams can match...and you guys are still focussed on the songs as if he is a new MD who has never created songs before :banghead:
:exactly: I was very disappointed with Mayakkannadi songs, but the bgm was awesome! And in the context of the movie, even the songs sounded better. Cheeni kum bgm is mind boggling, a lot of the variations on the main theme do not appear on the CD track. Haven't seen aa dinagalu/anumanaspadam.

raja_fan
16th March 2008, 10:45 AM
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/malayalam/s/movie_name.9601/

Only one song in 'SMS', that too a crap..:(

raja_fan
16th March 2008, 10:52 AM
You are seriously becoming more and more engrossed into a pessimistic world...its quite obvious that IR is not really interested in the songs but rather the background score. He has crafted so many songs of different genres in various orchestration moods that doing songs for film is already boring him. Its only you guys who are making him sound like he has gone lifeless and forgotten to make music. Look at films like aa dinagalu and anumanaspadam and cheeni kum....the BGM is of a quality that only john williams can match...and you guys are still focussed on the songs as if he is a new MD who has never created songs before

Hulkster sir, please dont be in a hurry to throw words..

I also had doubts that the song was ripped off and posted there. You confirmed it, thanks.

But I did not go further and blame IR for it..may be director's choice..but that song is a crap..I am realistic , not pessimistic.. :)

And I seriously want good songs from IR, I cannot just get satisfied with BGM alone..

Hulkster
16th March 2008, 04:15 PM
I am not glorifying the song....but the fact is even if IR is going to come up with superb songs....he has nothing to prove...what he can prove is producing instrumental wizardry which really sets apart him from other composers. And as fans that is what we should be supporting him for rather than getting worried about the songs. We are not fans of some commercial MD whose music is based on only songs...he is a world class composer who can really correct directorial flaws with his music. As for songs he has given us aplenty which a few can even put the current lot to shame; there is no need to create one more to prove himself. I do know that recently his songs have been abit off key in sound but is not because his talent has been lost or he needs to be "pushed" by directors...its simply because he has no interest in them and yet we all sound so doomed about his music. This is what irritates me to the core.

raja_fan
16th March 2008, 05:07 PM
We have to forget about "Pazhassi Raja" for the next six long months ! :( :(

http://www.cinefundas.com/2008/03/15/mammooty-a-part-and-parcel-of-pazhassi-raja/

I think Malayalam super stars have at least one thing to learn from their tamil counterparts. That is to commit to one film at a time..

selvakumar
17th March 2008, 09:31 AM
Last night in Jaya TV's kollywoodcourt, Myskin said that his next film may not have any songs.

Dragun
17th March 2008, 01:06 PM
I hope Pazhassi Raja will be another Guru. Looking forward to it.

k_vanan
17th March 2008, 02:06 PM
Last night in Jaya TV's kollywoodcourt, Myskin said that his next film may not have any songs.

This is GOOD NEWS for Tamil Movie Industries, hope they continue this trend. :clap:

thumburu
17th March 2008, 02:58 PM
I , for one, would be happy if "Nandalala" does not have any song except IR's stupendous bgm with theme music alone. Songs are sure speed breaker as far as Myshkin's movies are concerned. Example being "Anjaadhe ".
IR has time and again proved his mettle in songless movies like "Kadamai Kanniyam.." , "House full" , a Charuhasan's movie IPC some code which I cant recollect.

Sanjeevi
20th March 2008, 02:31 PM
new film sorry old film 'Kadhal Jaathi' trailor :)

http://images.indiaglitz.com/playerV2/vplayerV14.asp?vid=31656&category=5029

rooky
21st March 2008, 10:38 AM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/37368.html

This link says there is a remix in NanKadavul..surprising and shocking if this is true.

raja_fan
21st March 2008, 10:43 AM
Rooky,

I think you are not up to date on the postings...:)

People have been discussing about "Maathaa un kovilile.." song remixed in Naan Kadavul. I think it is available in the "Naan Kadavul songs" thread.

krish244
22nd March 2008, 10:57 PM
Something about the editing method used in Ajantha.

http://oceania.digitalmedianet.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=338722

During the release of a movie, reviews usually don't reveal the climax, but here in this article, the movie's story is given in complete, even before the release of the movie.

No great story, heard before story only!

thanks,

Krishnan

rajasaranam
22nd March 2008, 11:09 PM
Ithukuthaan 'Raaja' maththa tamizh cinema ellam paarakanumdrathu. Paarthiruntha He would've known this is ripped of from many movies, one recent example is 'Thullatha Manamum thullum' . hmmmm Enna Karmamo ithu mathiri padamthaan thalaivarkku vanthu amaiyuthu :(
BTW antha Ponnu nalla irukku illa :P

rooky
23rd March 2008, 09:10 AM
Rajkiran's malaikallan to be completed by diwali..

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/mar-08-03/malaikallan-22-03-08.html

Any updates from the music front..

jaiganes
23rd March 2008, 06:39 PM
Ithukuthaan 'Raaja' maththa tamizh cinema ellam paarakanumdrathu. Paarthiruntha He would've known this is ripped of from many movies, one recent example is 'Thullatha Manamum thullum' . hmmmm Enna Karmamo ithu mathiri padamthaan thalaivarkku vanthu amaiyuthu :(
BTW antha Ponnu nalla irukku illa :P

Not Thulladha manamum thullum, Raja himself scored for the movie directed by Kalanjiyam in which KArthik was the hero with Devayani as the blind girl. I forgot the name of the movie can some one find it?

rajasaranam
23rd March 2008, 07:15 PM
Aaaaargh... Athu 'Nilave Mugam Kaatu' JG.
EKSI :evil:

Billgates
23rd March 2008, 08:07 PM
Better listen to non tamil albums of IR. Oflate his worth is more outside TN. Aah dinagalu is somewhat redeeming :)

Billgates
23rd March 2008, 08:12 PM
I heard IR soon plans to retire fm scoring for movies .
Will focus on special themes like >> how to name it , TIS etc
Also will involve a sig. % on devotional albums

Sanjeevi
24th March 2008, 11:49 AM

I welcome it :)

MrJudge
24th March 2008, 11:55 AM

I have this wish for long long time, he should do something on the lines of Silapathigaram stage shows etc instead of doing Mayakannadis. Will he do it? :roll: Kanimozhi is doing Chennai Sangamam, she should ask IR to score for this kind of stage shows with full live orchestra.

kameshratnam
24th March 2008, 02:29 PM
There are a lot of problems in doing private albums. Given the Human relations part of it..i am sure the project will have N number of controversy with it

TIS - All of know what happened

MUSIC MESSIAH - a commitment was asked for releasing this:

Name some big audio companies who will be able to do this

Billgates
24th March 2008, 06:03 PM
KameshR

As far as IR is concerned, he need not look from a business perspective. He has crossed those fringe levels.
A good album like TIS ( a noble intention to spread Thiruvasagam to the western world )

There are so many tamil literature & devotional hyms like Devaram etc which he may take up

kameshratnam
24th March 2008, 06:21 PM
Billgates,

For everything you need money and sponsors: Who is going to bring in the money for this? You need excellent PRO's and PA's to surrond the celebrity who is planning to launch into a big world.

The greatest advantage of ARR is that he has got people like James, Bharat Bala and a few others near him..these people have played a major role in taking A RR To the heights which he has reached today in terms of popularity

With IR, his music by itself will do the talking but for taking it so far you need the money for it and with so many logistics involved i am not sure if IR would be able to cooperate

IR is a musical genius .....FULL STOP

raja_fan
25th March 2008, 09:29 AM
Out of Prakash raj's three movies ,

Velli thirai has been released already.
Promos going on for Abhiyum Naanum with all possibilities of speedy release.

But no news about Mayilu ??!!
IR-ukku mattum thaan ippadi nadakkudhu :( :(

kameshratnam
25th March 2008, 10:34 AM
Prakash Raj has filed for divorce and also the director of Velli thirai has accused him of a lot of things..read this weeks kalki magazine

The person shd be under terrible mental stress

God please save the project Mayilu

raja_fan
25th March 2008, 12:09 PM
Both the director and PR were sitting next to each other and chatting with Suhaasini on her "Pesum Padam" last week !!

Adhukkulla prachanai-yaa ?!

Rajavin padam release aagum podhu thaan PR's wife prachanai pannanumaa ?! Kadavule...!! EKSI :(

"Naan oru raasi illaa Raajaa..........."

Billgates
25th March 2008, 12:22 PM
Both the director and PR were sitting next to each other and chatting with Suhaasini on her "Pesum Padam" last week !!

Adhukkulla prachanai-yaa ?!

Rajavin padam release aagum podhu thaan PR's wife prachanai pannanumaa ?! Kadavule...!! EKSI :(

"Naan oru raasi illaa Raajaa..........."

உங்க புலம்பலை பார்த்தால் சிரிப்பா வருது. 800 படம் மெலெ மூசிc செஇத அவரை போய் ராசியில்லதவருனு சொன்னா ??

raja_fan
25th March 2008, 01:26 PM
Billgates,

Ungalukku Josiyam theriyaadhu-nu nenaikkaren ! :)

Raasi, adhirshtam ellaam andhandha nerathai poruthadhu..Ippo avar raasi illaadha raja..

800 movies panninadhellaam appo..
Adhu pona maasam..naan solradhu indha maasam !

jaiganes
25th March 2008, 06:46 PM
raja_fan!
Kuntrol!!!
romba feel panreenga.
Rajave ivvalavu feel panna maattaaru.
I still fail to realise why you want him to compete against Imman, Srikanth Deva and yuvan shankar while we all know that what these people do in probaly 100s of films, he can simply blow away by a single "Enge Sellum indha paadhai".
So please stop lamenting not for your sake or mine, but just for OUR Raja's sake.
In music, Winning is not EVERYTHING you know.

vasanth2006
25th March 2008, 11:35 PM
raja_fan!
Kuntrol!!!
romba feel panreenga.
Rajave ivvalavu feel panna maattaaru.
I still fail to realise why you want him to compete against Imman, Srikanth Deva and yuvan shankar while we all know that what these people do in probaly 100s of films, he can simply blow away by a single "Enge Sellum indha paadhai".
So please stop lamenting not for your sake or mine, but just for OUR Raja's sake.
In music, Winning is not EVERYTHING you know.

I believe adding yuvan in that list is not fair.....

vem
26th March 2008, 07:27 AM
of-course senility can be attributed for IR becoming over the hill.

But what i find intriguing is how a person who has given thousands of evergreen melodies can no longer produce a few songs catering to the same listeners who brought him to the top. I think RDB gave 1942 ALS during twilight of his careeer. As an ardent IR fan for the past 30 years, I think he should quit the film industry after giving one super hit album full of melodies ! I think the Balu Mahendra movie sets an excellent farewell for IR ! I just hope IR wouldnt screw up this album atleast and on top of that BM wouldnt take a 3rd rate movie again like AOK :)

raja_fan
26th March 2008, 10:03 AM
AOK a third rate movie ?! :)
It was not a commercial success, but it is certainly a good movie with of course few vulgur elements characteristic of BM.

I wonder why people want IR to quit film music..If there is any suitable time for people like IR to bounce back, the time is now ! People are definitely tired of all the monotonous melodies and meaningless "kutthu" craps that are coming out nowadays..

I sincerely feel the need of the hour for IR is the association of good directors, brilliant scripts and his old big orchestra. The result will be guaranteed if all these are there. With directors like Amir and Myskkin now turning towards IR, I have renewed hopes..:)
but regd his orchestra, I think he is never going to go back to that :(

krish244
26th March 2008, 05:56 PM
Some links regarding "Malaikkallan" movie by Rajkiran. IR is the MD. Indiaglitz says all of Raj Kiran produced films has IR as MD. Is it true?

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/tamil/exclusive/2008/malaikallan-rajkiran-mgr-250308.html

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/37469.html

thanks,

Krishnan

MrJudge
26th March 2008, 09:01 PM
but regd his orchestra, I think he is never going to go back to that

I think KR is the culprit changed the old IR into this new avatar of IR with shallow synth. Mysskin, Amir and Bala should push IR to go back to his orchestra and use it. If they don't do it, then the IR we have been waiting for all these years is gone forever.

MumbaiRamki
26th March 2008, 10:10 PM
Paavam KR ! He has to get blame for his music and his dads!

If a composer is good in synth, he will be good - IR is bad at synth , his forte is live orchestration ! IR was adapting beautifully in 80s with a mix of techno and live, but somehow he reserved his experimentation only for better(at composing time) films in 90s and 2000.

For example Time did have synth and yet it was superb ! The trouble is not synth but IR gives some repetitive and boring synth in some movies. COnsider the disco songs he dished out after 95-the ones that stood out where the one where he excelled in experimentation. ( somnehow i m mad with saathu nadai saathu , its damn good)

raja_fan
27th March 2008, 10:21 AM
Yes, we cannot blame KR for all this.
If IR does not like some thing, can any one in his team do that ?

vem
27th March 2008, 10:59 PM
It doesnt matter if KR is good or bad, since IR is the one calling the shots finally. Hence, if something doesnt turn out as expected, he should take the blame. Ultimately, the loss is to the poor producer, and sometimes, the Music directors have an avenue of escape by pointing out that it was the directors who didnt extract good music from them :)
So, the buck is finally passed to the director.

Anyways, I somehow feel that all such runaround efforts by the MDs are nothing but betrayal to the director. I was somewhat disappointed at IR's songs in Mayakannadi movie. Let us hope he does well atleast in Malaikallan. I also hope there is no rehash of Ethanai kalamthan from the MGR movie.

selvakumar
28th March 2008, 12:31 PM
Let us hope he does well atleast in Malaikallan. I also hope there is no rehash of Ethanai kalamthan from the MGR movie.
I like IR - Rajkiran combo. Must say.. One of my favorite combos. Simple but good lyrics. A good village theme with right mix of sentiments. The music will add colours to the film. hmm.. Liked all the songs in those two movies. I don't think I listened to the songs of the third movie. (some thurai or something like that).

But I am not sure how Rajkiran's type of movie will suit the audience now. Forget about the movie, if the songs are great I don't have any complains.

Miskin is also trying to become the HERO. Maayakannadi aagathunnu nambaalam since there won't be any songs :|

raja_fan
28th March 2008, 04:10 PM
Myskkin has already told that six songs have been made ready by IR for Nandalala. So I hope and wish he does not waste these songs by removing them from the film :)

Regarding Rajkiran, much can be said about the music and visualization sense of this simple looking guy !
People like Cheran ( and even Kamal ) have a lot to learn from this humble yet talented man.

Aranmanai Kili songs are fantastic examples. He was so artistic in the picturisation and camera shots. The water stream, thottasinungi leaves folding one by one etc..

RV.Udaya Kumar was another guy who had excellent picturisation sense..particularly the way he cuts various scenes and edits together..Best examples would be "Pottu vaittha.." from Singaravelan and "Vandhadhe kungumam.." from Kizhakku Vasal.

MumbaiRamki
28th March 2008, 05:09 PM
Yes, i too like rajkiran's picturisations very much . Esp raasave unnai vida mataen and other songs in aranmanai kili are fabulous!

krish244
28th March 2008, 05:41 PM
"Kuyil Paattu" (swarnalatha) from "en raasavin manasile" is one my most favourite "pullarikka vaikkum" song. IR has soaked this song with amazing music/interludes (especially flute bits).

thanks,

Krishnan

app_engine
28th March 2008, 08:18 PM
http://dailythanthi.com/magazines/veli_snippets.htm

What is this Sangili Murugan movie? (He was the producer of kAdhalukku mariyAdhai)

app_engine
28th March 2008, 09:41 PM
Ajanta - some hype:
http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/fr/2008/03/28/stories/2008032851470400.htm

selvakumar
28th March 2008, 11:59 PM
"raja_fan"

Myskkin has already told that six songs have been made ready by IR for Nandalala. So I hope and wish he does not waste these songs by removing them from the film :)
:shock: If it has 6 songs, then worry is there. He is acting as the hero :o Only GOD knows what will be the result. Let us hope he delivers.

Regarding Rajkiran, much can be said about the music and visualization sense of this simple looking guy !
Aranmanai Kili songs are fantastic examples. He was so artistic in the picturisation and camera shots. The water stream, thottasinungi leaves folding one by one etc.

Yes. Rajkiran picturisation is simple and quite artistic. Reaches very well in the village side and esp lady audience. Songs from 'Aranmanai kili' :thumbsup: :notworthy: :notworthy: I loved 'Aathangarai eera kaarthu', 'Adi poonguyilae' songs a lot.

Must say : The theatre in which I saw the movie lacked good audio systems. Despite that, the feel created by the music and the impact was so great :notworthy: I am not sure whether any other music director created such an impact till now.

selvakumar
29th March 2008, 12:03 AM
Apart from 'En raasaavin manasilae' and 'Aranmanai kili' there was one more movie in which he acted along with Sangeetha. Forgot the movie name :confused2:

I remember this song from that film... 'Oru Santhana kaattukullae..'.. Other songs were also good. But couldn't recollect. :?

app_engine
29th March 2008, 12:52 AM
'Oru Santhana kaattukullae' is from 'ellAme en rAsA dhAn'.

'azhagAna manjappuRA' & 'veeNaikku veeNakkunju' were two more nice songs from the same movie.

raja_fan
29th March 2008, 07:27 AM
Yes, I also thought of mentioning "Oru sandhana kaatukkulle".. the flower arrangements like a garden was superb !.

And the song "Nattu vaccha rosaa chedi.." from Aranmanai Kili. It takes you straight to the place where it was shot. the western ghats in the back ground, the traditional dance of the villagers, the village orchestra sitting right there at the spot and playing their instruments, and on top of everything the natural shyness the heroine expresses so beautifully..For a guy like me who was borught up in city, this song is a virtual travel to some village in Madurai district along the western ghats..:)

For "En rasavin manasile", IR told RK that this movie does not need any songs and he will do only the BGM. But RK insisted for songs and the result we all know !

vem
29th March 2008, 09:12 AM
Rajkiran also acted a movie with Vijayakumar's daugher - forgot the name of the movie though. IT had a song - sandhanam thechachu en mama'. I also think MD was KR :)

thamizhvaanan
29th March 2008, 09:26 AM
Paavam KR ! He has to get blame for his music and his dads!

If a composer is good in synth, he will be good - IR is bad at synth , his forte is live orchestration ! IR was adapting beautifully in 80s with a mix of techno and live, but somehow he reserved his experimentation only for better(at composing time) films in 90s and 2000.

For example Time did have synth and yet it was superb ! The trouble is not synth but IR gives some repetitive and boring synth in some movies. COnsider the disco songs he dished out after 95-the ones that stood out where the one where he excelled in experimentation. ( somnehow i m mad with saathu nadai saathu , its damn good)

Yes!!! IR's mix of synth and live orchestra during the 80's were terrific! His usage of Synth is very unique, I cant remember many composers writing melodies for synth, yet IR wrote notes as if they were just another live instrument. Ofcourse, in the recent past there is nothing much to talk about. :(

Billgates
29th March 2008, 09:50 AM
Selvakumar

Rajkiran loves IR music . He is a big fan & thondar of Isainyani . He must have considered it as the biggest honour when IR scored music for his movies. So, he must have meticulously planned on picturisation.

Kuyil paattu vandhadhu >. for Meena , one of the very best of IR

Sanjeevi
29th March 2008, 11:13 AM
'Oru Santhana kaattukullae' is from 'ellAme en rAsA dhAn'.

'azhagAna manjappuRA' & 'veeNaikku veeNakkunju' were two more nice songs from the same movie.

I loved the vadivelu song "Ettana Iruntha" (superb ludes) and "Thothukudi Muthu Muthu" too :)

Sanjeevi
29th March 2008, 11:14 AM
Rajkiran also acted a movie with Vijayakumar's daugher - forgot the name of the movie though. IT had a song - sandhanam thechachu en mama'. I also think MD was KR :)

Manickam, the first movie of KR

Rakamma Rakamma was big hit

rajasaranam
29th March 2008, 12:53 PM
Visuals support pannumo ennavo Raaja thriller movie'nna adi vayiru kalangara madhiri BGM koduthuduvaar. :) Watch here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRmIwh6cCGY&feature=related

thumburu
29th March 2008, 02:22 PM
In "aranmaNai kiLi", "vaan madhiye" and "rasave unnai vida matten" easily secure a berth among the top 50 female solos of raja. Listen to the tune flow in their charanam. Melody simply oozes out

Billgates
29th March 2008, 03:11 PM
In "aranmaNai kiLi", "vaan madhiye" and "rasave unnai vida matten" easily secure a berth among the top 50 female solos of raja. Listen to the tune flow in their charanam. Melody simply oozes out

Also add Parijatha poove , reminds me of Nan sirithal deepavali !

venkiks
29th March 2008, 05:29 PM
If I remember correctly, Rajkiran was the one who gave the title "ராக தேவன்" (Raga Devan) to IR.

krish244
29th March 2008, 08:02 PM
Visuals support pannumo ennavo Raaja thriller movie'nna adi vayiru kalangara madhiri BGM koduthuduvaar. :) Watch here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRmIwh6cCGY&feature=related

Indeed a good thriller music Rajasaranam! Whats the instrument (something like guitar) used? The tune also sounds very unique.

thanks,

Krishnan

crvenky
30th March 2008, 10:47 AM
I heard that two Mallu albums have been released - SMS and Innathe Chintha Vishayam. Has anybody heard the songs? Reviews?

inetk
30th March 2008, 04:56 PM
100 words on,

Innathe Chintha Vishayam
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2008/03/30/innathe-chintha-vishayam-malayalam-ilayaraja/

SMS
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2008/03/30/sms-malayalam-ilayaraja/

Karthik

crvenky
30th March 2008, 06:20 PM
Any online links for hearing the songs?

rooky
31st March 2008, 09:12 AM
Updates on Malle puvvu..

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/telugu/article/37489.html

raja_fan
31st March 2008, 09:22 AM
Download "Innathe Chinta.." here .

http://yes143.blogspot.com/2008/03/download-innathe-chintha-vishayam-2008.html

My take on first two hearings :

Just 3 songs in the album. But 2 out of them are potential hits :)

1. Kandu kandu :

Best one in the album. Another hit for MG.Sreekumar from IR.
The song's theme is hero walking through natural scenarios and singing about the birds, cow, frogs etc.
IR is fresh and the sounds of the animals adds to the beauty.
More than anything, you hear few new sounds and especially see how the Thavil suddenly surprises you !

2. Manasoru Poomala :

I rank this No.2 . The tune is catchy and very nice. I am not irritated by the English verses. That is also beautiful. But the music is much predictable, except the rythm.

3. Kastoori pottu :

Not a bad one, but sorry IR..this tune is so many times recycled..BGM too..you could have taken more time and come out with a better one.

Overall, though this album does not contain mindblowing composition like "Mandara poo .." in Vinoda yatra , the songs will go well with Mallu audience . And again IR proves he is still his best when it comes to Malayalam.

raja_fan
31st March 2008, 09:27 AM
Forgot to add !

Madhu Balakrishnan is brilliant as usual in " Manasoru Poomala .."

raja_fan
31st March 2008, 09:59 AM
Download "SMS" here !

http://www.4shared.com/dir/6277465/3ccba1ce/SMS.html

I read inetk's comment and got discouraged. So heard only the 2 songs that he rated good.

1. Subha niyogam :

Very good one and philosophical ! But why Bhavatharini ??
Chitra would have made the song immortal.

2. Ponathevide :

Raja sings malayalam again for Sathyan.
And he sings in a different voice like a odaikkaaran ( another Jaisy gift ?! )
Starts in a promising way and fades in the charanam..
Raja, please..., neenga ippadi mookkale azhudhaa samaiyathula thaanga mudiyalai :(

raja_fan
31st March 2008, 10:00 AM
Raja sings malayalam again for Sathyan.

Ooops ! Not Sathyan..sorry !

raja_fan
31st March 2008, 02:44 PM
Listened to the rest of the songs in "SMS".

3. Kadappurathil :

Excellent tune and rythm ! Reminds some how of the song "oomai nenjin.." from Manithanin maruppakkam.

4. Marachonnu :

Ok song. Can grow on mutiple hearings.

5. Innathe : Crap !

Overall, SMS is far better than "kangalum kavi paduthe" kind of album.
More fresh and no irritating pauses at least ! :)

rajasaranam
31st March 2008, 07:46 PM
Listened to both albums once at a single go! I love them :)

rprasad
31st March 2008, 11:56 PM
I have not heard the albums yet. But i dont quite agree with the way the INETK Karthik reviews IR albums( i dont read other MD album reviews). So my post is directed towards his reviews as i have read a lot of them by now.His frequent use of phrases like Outdated or Archaic is silly. No music becomes outdated, one can never say at any point of time that only a certain kind of music will appeal to the people. Good music will always draw people. So just because you think IR's tune sounds like 80's does not mean it will not appeal. If the tune is good and orchestration is catchy(who cares if its 80 or 90's do common people really care?) the song will work. and also no one grows out of listenining to good music. SO when say we have grown out of it, please include only yourself . You are not representing the views of the people .You never grow out of a listeniing to a particular style of music, you only become more adaptive in enjoying other styles of music as well. Try to be open minded when it comes to reviewing an album. Music should always be reviewed to as either being good pleasing to the ear or soulful or on the other hand does not appeal at all, no melody or no rythm. There is nodate stamp or expiry date for good music. I think you should keep this in mind when reviewing future albums.

dochu
1st April 2008, 05:05 AM
Raja_fan,
Thanks for the SMS. Unfortunately, the volume sounds weird on my player. sort of volume goes up and down. is it something with my pc or others have seen this too?

kiru
1st April 2008, 07:35 AM
1. Kandu kandu :

Best one in the album. Another hit for MG.Sreekumar from IR.
The song's theme is hero walking through natural scenarios and singing about the birds, cow, frogs etc.
IR is fresh and the sounds of the animals adds to the beauty.
More than anything, you hear few new sounds and especially see how the Thavil suddenly surprises you !

I think this is the same as 'naan yaaru enakkE theriyalaiyE, enakkEta naa solla vazhiyillaiye'.
kasturi - we have heard this, almost exact tune from IR before. the other one - I dont know why IR likes to do these kinds of experiments.
I like SMS better. Some songs have real acoustic instruments instead of synth. Actually both albums seem to be dominated by synths. With IR's tunes (indian/folksy) synths dont go very well.
Where is the IR who did Vikram, Sigappu rOjaakkaAL etc ? Is the concept of a 'westernised' song difficult to grasp now - piano/guitar song of yesteryears vs jazz, rap, techno of today, so that IR is at a loss , in search of a modern rhythm arrangement..??

raja_fan
1st April 2008, 08:22 AM
After repeated hearings,

1. "Manasiloru poomala " sounds like a recycling of "Oru thuppaakki kaiyil eduthu.." from Kodai Mazhai.

2. "Kadappurathu.." seems to be another form of "Malai nila" from KKP. Same raga used ? But this is far better with catchy rythm and flow.

2. "Subha niyogam" resembles "Hridaya rangoli" from Kannada "Pallavi Anupallavi" atleast in the begining.

Madhu Balakrishnan's "gambeera" voice in the songs is notable and should be a good choice for IR's melodies here after..

Overall, I am satisfied with both albums. Not very great, but definitely listenable again and again :)

Hulkster
1st April 2008, 08:26 AM
I think we all know that IR has experimented in so many forms over 8000 songs that asking him to prove himself one more time is a waste of time. Everytime he sees a film he doesnt see the content to merely fill it up with songs but rather enliven it with the appropriate background score. If he was interested in the songs department he would have still continued with Rajini sir's films. As i said after nothing but wind and thiruvasagam his desire has mainly been instrumental music and background music but never songs. And i dunt think he himself is bothered about it.

crajkumar_be
1st April 2008, 08:34 AM
I think we all know that IR has experimented in so many forms over 8000 songs that asking him to prove himself one more time is a waste of time. Everytime he sees a film he doesnt see the content to merely fill it up with songs but rather enliven it with the appropriate background score. If he was interested in the songs department he would have still continued with Rajini sir's films. As i said after nothing but wind and thiruvasagam his desire has mainly been instrumental music and background music but never songs. And i dunt think he himself is bothered about it.
Hulkster,
I understand your point (futility of expecting 'change' in his songs) but its rather sad, isn't it? He's done it all and asking him to "prove" something is funny alright but then, if he is still composing songs, it is for others and one cannot say "His interest is only in BGM and he has lost interest in songs" right? As long as he is composing songs, he is fair game IMO. If he's no longer interested, he can stop doing songs.

P.S: Just when we kind of write him off, he comes with a Pithamagan or Virumaandi, Mumbai Xpress or Cheeni Kum. Atleast andha madhiri edhavadhu nadakkuma nu oru nappasai :razz:

MumbaiRamki
1st April 2008, 09:48 AM
I have not heard the albums yet. But i dont quite agree with the way the INETK Karthik reviews IR albums( i dont read other MD album reviews). So my post is directed towards his reviews as i have read a lot of them by now.His frequent use of phrases like Outdated or Archaic is silly. No music becomes outdated, one can never say at any point of time that only a certain kind of music will appeal to the people. Good music will always draw people. So just because you think IR's tune sounds like 80's does not mean it will not appeal. If the tune is good and orchestration is catchy(who cares if its 80 or 90's do common people really care?) the song will work. and also no one grows out of listenining to good music. SO when say we have grown out of it, please include only yourself . You are not representing the views of the people .You never grow out of a listeniing to a particular style of music, you only become more adaptive in enjoying other styles of music as well. Try to be open minded when it comes to reviewing an album. Music should always be reviewed to as either being good pleasing to the ear or soulful or on the other hand does not appeal at all, no melody or no rythm. There is nodate stamp or expiry date for good music. I think you should keep this in mind when reviewing future albums.

Interesting Post. I feel Karthik ( inetk) is very much open minded having read , almost all of his reviews. if you see his review for some of other mallu IR movies,chennikum , you can see his appreciation for his music.

Music is not outdated nor is archaic- but film music has to be contemporary to an extent. We can hear 800 carnatic songs with similar orechestration, but 800 film songs! Personally, i love raaja using 80s orchestration now, but i think it is the lack of 'obvious' experimentation and predictable interludes is what bores me. Just hear the second interlude of 'ramamin mohanam' - would you guess that ? Of course music is not about guessing, but it finds a twin with the word energy!

I do agree raaja's music is still soothing, but with our ears getting resonant more with clarity of sounds rather than the melody, it is unavoidable that we expect something different from raaja !

But what really irritates me is that while 'our' raaja doesn't experiment much in songs these days ( in general) , he just goes crazy with BGMs. I was literally flabbergasted with chennai kum's BGM ..wow !

NormalMan
1st April 2008, 10:05 AM
Soulless album(s). IR please please please stop the irritating synths and pauses.

Kandu kandu was the sole bright spot.

raja_fan
1st April 2008, 11:21 AM
Atleast five songs are good - Kandu, Manasil oru, Subha niyogam, Kadapurathu , Ponathevide.

Kadapurathu is definitely vintage IR !

The problem with us is that we expect all the songs in a album to be likeable..
But IR has never been like that in most of his albums even in the eighties. One or two songs in a film would be time less..others will be just situational.

rprasad
1st April 2008, 08:51 PM
MumbaiRamki,

Ofcourse i agree that music needs to be fresh and different to keep our interest level up. But IR is no longer in that phase of his career where he needs to experiment with songs in each movie. As i already posted in some other thread before, IR at this stage of his life and career has to be really motivated and really inspired with a movie or Director or it has to someone close to him like Kamal, or Bharatiraaja or Balki to really interest him in experimenting with songs. Again what could be a routine love song situation for IR(because of doing so many movies) may be an interesting situation for a new or upcoming music director so people should not argue that someone else has given good music for this kind of situation. Whle we can argue as to why he accepts these other movies ,there may be many reasons which i am not aware of. But we should keep in mind that while movie directors continue to churn out the same kind of story and treatment for years now but somehow we expect the music to be different and experimental.
Simply put we need to tone down our expectations from IR for these other movies with lesser known directors. IR does not have the urge nor the energy i think to experiment with songs in these movies. Ofcourse we need to remember that the same kind of mvoies in his prime phase of career involved a lot of outstanding scores and experiments in songs. I guess he just does these movies nowadays because the director or producer wanted him to. Ofcourse having said all this, the songs are still very melodious and have flashes of his trademark brilliance in them. That is all one should expect in these times. for anything new or experimentation we will have to wait for Kamal or Bharatiraaja(if it ever materialises) , Balki or any other really talented director.
We all have to realize that IR has done it all in his career so far.but we should be thankful that in this age of kuthu and remixes we are still able to hear some good melodius stuff from IR now and then.

inetk
1st April 2008, 09:41 PM
Prasad, let me put my reviews in context.

Outdated/ archaic is something I use to express MY feeling towards an album. No way am I trying to pass it off as public opinion.

I agree that there are takers for every kind of music and music becomes outdated/ archaic only to individual people based on what they have listened and how much they have listened.

I do try and avoid using the 'we' in my reviews since that is clearly misleading - will remember that in future - this is a fair point from you. Have already effected that change in Innathe Chintha Vishayam's review.

Karthik

jaiganes
1st April 2008, 10:31 PM
Though agreeing with rprasad's qualms, there are factors to be considered here.
I watched Rasathanthram over the weekend and had heard the album before. The album did not make much of an impact except a few songs.
However when i watched it in the movie, the songs were so GOOD.
There is none of the "archaic" or "outdated" feel that came to my mind.
In the glory days of raja - the albums were released not so ahead of the movie and in some cases the music cassette got released after the movie broke the BO.
Nowadays the CDs are released months ahead and we are reviewing them with no idea as to what the story is and where it comes in the movie. Hence we all (including Karthik) have to do a difficult job of reviewing a film song with an album mentality, a mentality which even the composers have accepted. This includes the great ARR or the whizkids Harris or Yuvan. HOwever our Raja comes from a different era where the story and situation dictate the tune and its catchiness. Vague and incomprehensible situations beget vague and inspiring songs, and it is no wonder.

rprasad
2nd April 2008, 02:28 AM
Karthik,

no worries. My intention is not to critic your reviews. I do appreciate your short but crisp reviews of albums.just wanted to point out certain things. I think the underlying point is that reviewing IR's recent albums is going to be always tricky since from what i observered people are not really sure what they expect or want from his music anymore. Some want more modern sounds, some want his 80's style orchestration etc. My only point is as i mentioned in my previous post, since IR is at that point in his career where experimenting or trying new sounds is going to be extremely limited to very select few directors/old pals movies, its better if we just enjoy any good melodies from him. Even if they seem like heard before with heard before orchestrations.

I think we tone down our expectation level and listen ,we will be surprised by the kind of melodies IR can still create even after so many years. Lets all remember IR is not trying to be No 1 music director anymore. Lets enjoy whatever that is good music from his new albums. Ofcourse his body of work is so large, we may not finish listening to his gems in our lifetime.

kiru
2nd April 2008, 06:11 AM
Hi Prasad,
Is there a way to communicate to IR, the lack of enthusiasm from his fans for his use of synths ? These days, sound engineering is so good, if real instruments are recorded it would sound very very good. (I hope at one point of time, here in tfmpage some people were trying to release newly mastered versions of old tracks for better sound).

IR's interludes are like 'jam' sessions (with instrumentalists having a dialogue and promptly picking up from where the musician had left) and I can't imaging a jam session with keyboards. Also, the background of his songs, needs the natural resonance of the real instruments (nAdham) to fill it out (unlike in ARR's albums where specifically some kind of drone sounds are added). In these albums I cannot tolerated the high pitched synth strings (like in the kastoori pottu pallavi).
It is probably that these sythesizers/keyboards are playing real instrument sound samples in some case, but overall we still get the same synth feel. I dont think I am alone in this opinion, you can see many people feel about this the same way.

rooky
2nd April 2008, 08:35 AM
I liked "kandu kandu", "manasoru", "kadapurathoru" from these albums.

Meanwhile, there is an Ad in today's tamil paper for a movie called "Azhagar malai" directed by S.P.Rajkumar(Is this Devayani's husband?).Ad said movie shoot starts today.

Interesting part of the Ad was, it said "Anbu sagotharar isaignani ilayaraja innnisaiyil"

raja_fan
2nd April 2008, 11:48 AM
I googled SP Rajkumar.

This guy is not Devayani's husband.
This man has directed "Karmegam", "En purushan kuzhanthai maathiri " etc..

njv
2nd April 2008, 02:45 PM
When I listened to Manasinakare, I never liked the song very much. I finally got to watch Manasinakare (thanks to air india!) the songs were perfect fit for the movie and situation. With out knowing malayalam, to understand the music was really hard, but with subtitles "Marakkudaayal" song was mind blowing.

Needless to say, BGM was mind blowing.

Wonder why IR doenst get such good script in Tamil!

raja_fan
2nd April 2008, 02:59 PM
With out knowing malayalam, to understand the music was really hard

You are right to some extent..
I am able to appreciate IR's malayalam works better because I have some touch with Kerala culture..

The real success of an artist is this..when he does a Mallu thing, Mallu people should be able to feel that work to be their own. When he does Telugu work, andhra people should be able to identify it as their own, etc..
This is where people like Kamal and IR stand out from their rivals !

When I told my mother that Manasinakkare was by IR, she was surprised how IR could come up with such a kerala kind of tunes and feel. Like wise, the songs like "Vaan pole vannam.." from Salangai oli are typical Andhra tunes..though it suited for tamil as well..

Sureshs65
2nd April 2008, 04:08 PM
I see that people had given the two examples that I wanted to give wrt the "Innathe.." album. It stuck me that it was very much like 'Rasatanthram' and 'Manasinnakare'. Initially I too didn't like these albums but now I keep listening to them often. I had watched Rasatanthram but not Manasinnakare. 'Innathe.."'s music is on the same lines as these films that Illayaraja gave for Sathyan. (Wish he had given more on the lines of 'Vinodayatra'). I had also dismissed the music of 'Ponmudipuzhayorathu', feeling that only 'Oru Chiri Kandal' was good. Now I listen to 'Vazhimaru', 'Ammyennu' and 'Nadaswaram Keto' regularly. I like the small mridangam bit which comes in almost when the charanam is ending in 'Nadaswaram Keto'. (Raja uses the thavil for similar effect in the song 'Kandu Kandu'.) We may possibly reassess our feelings for these songs once we hear them in the context of the movie.

The Illayaraja song and Bhavatarini song are excellent in SMS. Worth buying for these songs. 'Kadapurathu' is nice as well.

I would second kiru's comments on the Illayaraja's synth usage. As Ramki had mentioned, people expect clarity of sound. What puzzles me is that almost every MD including the newbees seem to get a recording quality which is high compared to what we get in Raja's albums. Is it just me that feels like this or is this real?

raja_fan: I had written about Illayaraja's contribution to film music in other South Indian languages in my blog. You can read it at http://sureshs65music.blogspot.com/2008_02_01_archive.html
(I am not very prompt in responding to comments. Please don't mind if I don't respond immediately to comments)

Hulkster
2nd April 2008, 04:11 PM
Hulkster,
I understand your point (futility of expecting 'change' in his songs) but its rather sad, isn't it? He's done it all and asking him to "prove" something is funny alright but then, if he is still composing songs, it is for others and one cannot say "His interest is only in BGM and he has lost interest in songs" right? As long as he is composing songs, he is fair game IMO. If he's no longer interested, he can stop doing songs.

The point is even if he is fair game..it can only be in our eyes...but in reality he is not a commercial MD and strongly past it. He is currently exploring a faction of music that will bring him closer to the beethoven range rather than coming back to a level where he has already conquered. As a fan i can understand that growing up from his songs you guys are disappointed about the reused tunes and quality but is it because he has lost his touch? certainly not...come on peeps we know IR more than other MDs...is songs the only thing to judge IR with? There is way more than just songs. Talking about instrumental music thiruvasagam has alot of experimental usage and it came in the same time with oru naal oru kanavu and andha naal gnyabagam which had some reused pieces.

app_engine
2nd April 2008, 10:31 PM
Looks like 'azhagar malai' is the one being produced by Sangili Murugan. I don't think a KM can be expected:-(

app_engine
3rd April 2008, 10:21 PM
Malleppuvvu:
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/telugu/article/37672.html

This line is quite funny in this report:
"Ilayaraja has supplied his tunes to this film":)

baroque
4th April 2008, 03:07 AM
http://www.techsatish.com/2007/07/vadham-anuvillum-oru-ragam-salangai-oli.html

Oh! Shri.Ilayaraja!!

I miss you terribly!

GET BACK NOW!

thumburu
4th April 2008, 02:56 PM
Please dont stone me for saying this. I feel Raja has reached a point of no return jus like all his famous predecessors like GR, MSV etc attained. I dunt think their fans had unreasonable expectation from them at the twilight of their career , because they understood it was the law of nature and remained contented with their body of work in their prime. Similarly, we Raja fans should be happy with his humongous work from late 70's till 90's and start looking for good music from elsewhere. I dont intend the "preaching" tone. But isn't that the most practical way, I ask myself
// Today in jayatv's "then kinnam", they featured songs from 1982 and I couldnt help exclaiming at how Raja stood out tall when compared with his peers like MSV, ShankarGanesh , ChandraBose etc. Well, is it surprising , after hearing songs like "sandha kavigaL paadidum" ?

Shankar
4th April 2008, 05:48 PM
thumburu,
I completely agree with wrt his Film compositions. I think we have a great WC Master in him who has just shown glimpses of his brilliance in his movie scores such as Guru/Lajja (BG Score). His sense of arranging things for a huge orchestra is just amazing. Wonder why he's being a proverbial well-frog :-(

If Raja has the penchant of ARR in experimenting...Ah !

raja_fan
4th April 2008, 06:01 PM
thumburu,

Don't worry, I will not stone you :)

But I want to argue that IR is different from the other examples you have given.

Though we IR fans are not satisfied with his music nowadays, I don't think IR is outdated or reached a point of no return. Take his recent movies ( within past 5 years ) like Virumandi, Ramana, Pithamagan , Manasellam , even Madhu. Atleast one song in these movies are commonly heard even now..

Show a MD in tamil who after 30 years in his career still has a line up of movies yet to be released..

Dhanam.
KKP.
Ajanta.
Mayilu.
Malaikkallan.
Azhagar malai.
Nandalala.
Amir's speculated "kannapiran"
Fazil's next movie.

Add to this his Malayalam and telugu projects.
I do not think MSV had such a number of movies in mid eighties ( assuming he came to the field in the mid 50s ).

People say ARR is to IR as IR was to MSV.
After 16 years of IR's entry , i.e in 1992, where was MSV in the field ?
Now it is 16 years after ARR's entry, IR is still with work at hand.

This is why we continue to expect from IR instead of turning to elsewhere.

raja_fan
4th April 2008, 06:05 PM
If Raja has the penchant of ARR in experimenting...Ah !

Please think well before you type these comments !
Your comparision is really funny !

ARR experimenting and IR not doing so ?

:banghead:

app_engine
4th April 2008, 09:30 PM
Digression:
http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/fr/2008/03/28/stories/2008032850180300.htm

Interview with Bombay Ravi who composed nakhakshadhangal for Hariharan, director of Pazhassi Raja

End-digression

If Hariharan was the one who selected the existing tune for 'manjaL prasAdhavum netRiyil chArththi' out of 6,7 tunes, we can definitely expect some good selection from Raja as well.:-)

crajkumar_be
5th April 2008, 12:24 AM
Just a point. If Mumbai Express (@ 60+) was not experimenting, pray tell what is! :)

Saagar
6th April 2008, 09:19 PM
Another news item on a new IR Film in Gulzar's (Hindi Lyricist) website www.gulzaronline.com

" Gulzar saab once again with Maestro Illaiyaraja
Gulzar saab has been teamed up with Illaiyaraja for a new under production film directed by debutant Ajoy Verma. The yet untitled film marks the coming together aof a great pair that gave us an unforgettable score in Sadma. Even after so many years and so many thousands of listenings, songs like Ae zindagi gale laga le and Surmai ankhiyon me nanha munna ik sapna deja re are as fresh as they were 25 years ago. After Sadma, Gulzar saab and Illaiyaraja shared the credits in Revathy's Mitr My Friend where Gulzar saab penned one song.

For this new film a few songs have already been recorded, one of them is "Mujhko itne se kaam pe rakh lo" rendered by Roop Kumar Rathore. (Remember last time Vishal made the same poem into a song in Boodhey Pahadon Par)

Looking forward to the coming together of two legends... more details soon.."

rooky
6th April 2008, 09:47 PM
Rookie - thats an interesting thing you mentioned - that you got hooked to IR's music only after 1992!! hmm - have you listened to IR's 'hidden'/lesser-known gems from the late 70s/80s ?! i can give you a list if u dont have one

also, IMHO, its very important that one gets to listen to all kinds of stuff such as the music of MSV, Madan Mohan, Salilda, Naushad, Roshan,SD Burman and others in other languages - the scores may not have the orchestral grandeur of IR's, but in terms of sheer melody-making, we had such incredible talent during the 50s-70s - listening to them would give one a wide perspective of how different composers thought/created for a given situation and how their time period influenced their scores!

At the moment, with the exception of an ARR, or a rare Vishal Bharadwaj, we dont have that many composers with strong roots in classicism and compositional ability (IR is there, but he is not doing much music, n always get to do junk movies)

Composers are born, not made! there may be so many talented composers, but without the desire/outlet!

I do have a collection of around 400 of IRs GEMS (Melodies and class songs only,..no Pathos and all in Tamil).I do gift these songs to my friends and relatives and obviously, get their appreciation for the collection.

I also have IRs post 2000 songs from all the languages.

Any IR collection is always welcome.

njv
7th April 2008, 12:42 AM
Why dont we just focus on IR and stop comparisons here! "Kaakkaikku Thank Kunju Pon Kunju", so for us IR is god and for ARR fans, he is their god, so lets move on.

app_engine
7th April 2008, 08:53 AM
rooky & njv, Thanks for reminding the hubbers the topic of the thread. Posts comparing MD's have been moved to the appropriate thread in "Current Topics" forum.

Please stick to IR's new albums in this thread. While comparison of specific songs from the new albums is fine, comparison of IR's career with other MDs has to be avoided in this thread.

rooky
7th April 2008, 09:17 AM
I really appreciate this action from app_engine..Well done

rooky
7th April 2008, 09:38 AM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/malayalam/article/37734.html

With this movie added, how many is he doing right now there?

1) InnatheChinthaVishayam with MohanLal,DIR:Sathiyan
2) PazhassiRaja with Mammooty,DIR: Hariharn
3) SMS,
4) Manikandan,the animation movie,
5) Kutty Shranku with Mammooty,
6) This new addition SWAPNAMALIKA with Mohanlal.

Is IR on a signing spree in Malayalam? we shouldn't have any complaints there :)

raajarasigan
7th April 2008, 11:08 AM
just to throw some light on BR-IR serial 'Thekkitthipponnu" ...

few might have already seen the promos in Kalaignar TV.. for the past 2 days, they are promoting this with the title song (approx 20 sec)....

at least for me, it sounds very nice...esp the rhythm section w/o any synth... :D

it seems BR-IR combo works again in serial also... it starts rolling from 14th April... :roll:

watch the promo in kalaignar TV. ... they are doing it aggressively.. atleast for every 20 min.. you can see this promo...

raja_fan
7th April 2008, 12:59 PM
raajarasigan,

I was thinking of posting about "Therkatthi ponnu" title song and you did it !

And yes, it is very nice. though I hate seeing that Swarnamalya ! :)

BR-IR combo bounces back in a promising way :)

So where was this tune hiding inside IR ? A director like BR was needed to bring this out.

This vindicates the stand of many like me, that what IR badly needs now is good directors !

Shankar
7th April 2008, 04:15 PM
>>>>
Please think well before you type these comments !
Your comparision is really funny !

ARR experimenting and IR not doing so ?

<<<<

it may sound funny to you...Get me an album from Raja post 97 (leave guru, kalapani & MX aside) which was completely experimental and is as refreshing as a "Madai thirandhu" or "poongadhavE" or "thathAram mozhiyamma"/"devasangeetham" in the 'recent' times !!

You may come up with one "ilaNgAthu veesudhE" here and a "meetAdha oru veeNai" there, but the Raja I worshipped in the 80s is long gone and that's a fact !!

How many singers have Raja experimented with even in his prime ?? SPB/KJY/Mano and SJ/KSC/PS and once in a while you see deepan chakravarthy/uma ramanan/SN surendar....Look at the number of singers arr has experimented with ???

I won't rate ARR higher than Raja (at least not in this life) as an overall composer Raja/MSV are way too ahead of ARR. There are certain aspects such as sound quality and a sheer penchant to experiment (esp post 97) that Raja needs to pick from arr.

irir123
7th April 2008, 08:41 PM
by IR's standards his experimentation has definitely come down - he did give some memorable stuff like 'oru naal' (devadhai) and a few more in malayalam - songs in yatra mozhi (pon velilo, thaimavin thanalil, the latter kind-of invoked some van gogh painting with its lush countryside, yeri thanal, another one by Jayachandran) and one killer song "saradendhu paadi" from kaliyoonjalu - but thats jst abt it - Tamil films have become IR's unwanted child of late - (( donno why

raja_fan
7th April 2008, 09:27 PM
Shankar,

I think we cannot discuss IR-ARR comparision anymore here.
So I am not able to answer you now here..

app_engine
7th April 2008, 10:26 PM
http://sify.com/movies/malayalam/fullstory.php?id=14639205&cid=2362

innaththE chinthA vishayam audio is supposedly well received. Any links that give samples?

sloshed
8th April 2008, 05:36 AM
I have been wanting to write in this forum for a long time now. Atleast in the wake of this sudden "comparisons" of MDs. app_engine promptly put things in perspective with a quick and curt reply. Please this post is not in the comparing mode nor intended to support a particular MD over the other. This post is clearly written after a long pensive thought on "why things happen the way they do?" and also the as a reply to the painful sounds emerging out of tfmpage from some hardhore (??) IR fans, some even threatening him to pack up and leave.

A quick disclaimer at this point, I an no psychologist nor majored in anything close to psychology. Froid was someone I knew only in books and through "Chandramuki" as one of the guyz who could have been Rajni's prorfessor. :D

And now the bold statement: (kind of like thesis header)

The Importance of Memories: The creation and re-creation in one's lifetime!

A bit of a Froid like back-up on memories:

We as humans just thrive on memories. All that we do during our lifetime is create memories at every-stage and keep re-living them through some means. Some bad and some good. We all like to remember the good ones all the time. When we are young there is simply of reportoire of memories to chose from as life gets a little monotonous as we grow up. Later we create memories in college and later marriage and then children. Very often than not, the earliest memories are somehow replaced by the new ones for the lack of a "stimulant" and as we grow older, we begin processing only the latest ones. The basic essence of the plot is

EVERY MEMORY NEEDS A STIMULANT

For some reason or the other, our happiest memories are always tied to a childhood.(that is those who had a good childhood). The next ones seem to be college days. After that maybe life becos a tad too difficult to establish good memories . There are occasional sparks like marriage and baby. So from the sequence point of view, we just need something that would trigger the childhood memory gates open. For folks at tfmpage, those 90% of those triggers seem to be songs. (sometimes movies do as well)

P.S. (The very fact that the "traditional" indian mothers want to be a part of the son/daughter's life, be it from choosing the spouse to raising her grandkid is mostly linked to the fact that throughout most part of her life most of her memories is around her child. And she constantly strives for new memories for as a housewife all this while , she had nuthing else to add to her "memory bank". And the fathers are always had the opportunity to form memories at workplace and hanging out with friends.)

Songs : Our stimulant

Lets get to the crux of it. For most folks who are in your late 20's, 30's and 40's, just cant shake the impact of IR's songs. These songs are the perfect "stimulants" that we are looking for. There is a song for every occasion. I have always wondered why some IR songs send your soul into a spin. There is some kind of cosmic vibration when you hear those and a feeling that you have never felt before. Coupled with his songs there is always a memory. Raja just puts the icing on the cake with his soothing melody and gives you a "stimulant" that you treasure forever. With IR you feel forever young because 15 secs into the songs, you already start cherishing our memories, most of it some 20 years back, all happy ones. His songs make you even remember the sad ones you forever want to be etched in your life. You simply refuse to get older.
Now here is the sad part. What about the memories you form now? The icing that Raja once coated is missing, and IR fans just cant find solace in any others music. Its not like they dont like others music, they just dont feel it. Music (songs) to them dont mean anything than a mere 5 mins of sound. You just move on after its end. Nuthing special. Its the same case like our father and grandfathers who found and associated their memories with MSV/KVM that they found the current MDs intolerable. (even when IR was around, just like IR fans find ARR). For ARR fans its the same thing. ARR fans in the teens and mid 20's have their life associated with his songs. Fan? simply put , that one song which can stimulate you to recollect. If you get more such songs from a particular person, you become his fan.

It Is the music which reminds us of our memories, not the other way around.

IR fans who seldom relate his songs to events in life, will have to form other stimulants. IR has done his job. He kept us forever young. And those complaining about him and begging him to quit just ask yourself WHY?
My apologies for this brevity of a post. :)

raja_fan
10th April 2008, 08:41 AM
http://www.hindu.com/mp/2008/04/10/stories/2008041050780500.htm

As expected, only the title track is by IR !

MumbaiRamki
10th April 2008, 10:25 AM
http://www.hindu.com/mp/2008/04/10/stories/2008041050780500.htm

As expected, only the title track is by IR !

Hey - you can't expect IR to score BGM for a serial :)
Having said that , the title track is quite quite nice, albeit i could find traces of Athi idhu vaaththu kuttam's shadow in this song ..

Ranjitha , napolean look quite earthy but the huge mismatch is swarna malya ...( somehow i absolutely hate her in any form of entertainment except bharatanatyam )

raja_fan
10th April 2008, 10:54 AM
MumbaiRamki,

Yes, I too do not want IR to score BGM for a mega serial !

How come we two share the same opinion on Swarnamalya ?!
See my earlier post on the title song. I hate her too, not even her dance I like..:)

thumburu
10th April 2008, 02:22 PM
Count me too in the "Hate Swarnamalya" list. She looks all fake.
Iam atleast relieved that IR is limiting himself with just title track. Who has the patience to sit thru mega serials!!!

raja_fan
10th April 2008, 02:51 PM
Hope BR kick starts "Kutra Parambarai" soon !
But his declarations like "if Kamal does not do the lead role, I will do it" are threatening..

btw..what happened to his Bommalaattam ?!

raja_fan
11th April 2008, 09:49 PM
Nandalala is a story revolving around a child. Good scope should be there for a gripping BGM

http://tamilfilmrating.com/news/fullnews.asp?ref=2008

app_engine
11th April 2008, 11:18 PM
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/malayalam/s/movie_name.9640

இன்னத்தெ சிந்தா விஷயம் - சராசரிப்பாட்டுக்கள்.

ananth222
11th April 2008, 11:55 PM
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/malayalam/s/movie_name.9640

இன்னத்தெ சிந்தா விஷயம் - சராசரிப்பாட்டுக்கள்.
Thanks for the link!
But saraasari? Are you serious?? :shock:
I loved the songs. It shows more than just shades of his early 90's brilliance. The first song brings back memories of "nadodi thendral". Nice melodies are coming back, and the orchestration and instrumentation is also refreshing. Only the thrid song (manasiloru poomala) is so-so, but even that has some captivating parts. Listen the the first interlude of the first song.. what more do you want? This is the kind of IR I'd like to see, and I don't mean that as a compromise.

btw, HQ mp3s are already available on cooltoad. (maybe that will change your mind) :P

app_engine
12th April 2008, 12:24 AM
ananth222, I listened briefly while at work and that's behind my current opinion.

Will try to give more listening before I comment on each song, thanks for your inputs.

raja_fan
12th April 2008, 07:44 AM
Innathe Chintha Vishayam
released with a much favourable initial response !!

Seems Sathyan has proved himself again :D

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/malayalam/article/37858.html

raja_fan
12th April 2008, 07:55 AM
Manasiloru Poomala is by Madhu Balakrishnan and Swetha.

Swetha is the daughter of singer Sujatha and she had already rendered "mandhara poo.." for IR in Vinodayatra.

raja_fan
12th April 2008, 10:17 AM
Nandalala will be out in December ! Myskkin is not the hero :)

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/id/I_am_not_the_hero_Mysskin_14488.html

krish244
12th April 2008, 02:45 PM
This website says IR did the entire re-recording for the serial "Thekkethi Ponnu".

http://www.exchange4media.com/e4m/news/newfullstory.asp?section_id=6&news_id=30529&tag=25437&pict=5

thanks,

Krishnan

raja_fan
12th April 2008, 09:50 PM
This week Ananda Vikatan has IR talking about a song he has written for "Uliyin Osai".

He has composed 7 songs in a single day ( as usual hype :) )

When the director asked MK if he wants to hear the tunes, Mk's reply was "Summaavaa naan Isai gnani-nu pattam kodutthen. Ellaam arpudhamaa vandhirukkum. Apparam vaartthaigaludan kettukkaren"

baroque
13th April 2008, 05:48 AM
--

raja_fan
13th April 2008, 05:59 AM
baroque,

Please..post these in other threads like IR's rare songs etc. Let us try to keep this thread for his new albums though we usually digress at times due to some discussions :)

raja_fan
13th April 2008, 06:13 AM
Seems "Innathe Chinta.." will be only an average runner unlike Sathyan's earlier ventures :(

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/malayalam/review/10005.html

Billgates
13th April 2008, 07:49 AM
Happy tamil new year IR fans !

baroque
13th April 2008, 08:56 AM
Ok, raja_fan!

Happy Tamil New Year wishes to you all!

raja_fan
13th April 2008, 10:55 AM
Thamizh Putthandu Nal vaazthukkal !

Oru chinna vedukol :

Indru oru naal thamizhai patriyum thamizh varalaatraiyum ninaitthu paarppom.
Thamizh thamizh endru koovi kondu, adhe samayathil thamizh putthaandai verum cinema matrum vyaabaara kondaattamaaga maatriyulla tholai kaatchigalai purakkanippom !

baroque
13th April 2008, 09:19 PM
raja_fan, good thought!

As a regular person & musical novice, yenakku therincha varaikkum, today I am going to listen whole day Shri.MSV who genuinely :ty: served the language - Tamil with his musical virtuosity, paid attention to lyrical beauty through out his musical career!

From Thamizhukkum amudhendru ...... to Andha 7 Natkal's thendraladhu unnidathil...., the GENIUS enriched our listening pleasure not only with soulful tunes but also with honey soaked lyrics with emotive vocals!

Enjoy Thamizhukkum amudhendru per....!

love, Vinatha.

app_engine
14th April 2008, 01:57 AM
'manasiloru poomAla' - sounds like a typical Thamizh village song by IR of later years (inji iduppazaghi, jinjanakku janakku, kaNdupudichchEn kaNdupudichchEn style). I don't know how it's being received in Kerala, but nice to hear, especially the bass lines are typical IR:-)

raja_fan
14th April 2008, 07:47 AM
a_e, for me, Manasiloru poomala is more like "oru thuppaakki kaiyileduthu" :)

krish244
14th April 2008, 10:38 AM
This link also says IR has composed BGM for the entire serial:

http://www.chennaionline.com/film/tv/April08/04article71.aspx

Not sure how far this is true!

thanks,

Krishnan

raja_fan
14th April 2008, 10:39 AM
Today morning, I was watching the interview of Kavignar Muthulingam on TV . He is one of the favorites of IR.

When asked about the current movies he is working with IR,
he listed Dhanam, Azhagar malai and also mentioned following movies that we were never aware of yet !

A movie called "Dharani".
One movie by Simbu Devan ( Simbu devan with IR ?? )
One for Vijaykanth ( he told title "Enga Rasa" ) !!
Another new name that I do not remember..

So.., what's up IR's sleeves now ??

kameshratnam
14th April 2008, 12:14 PM
He mentioned about Raaja and how raaja was giving muthulingam chances to write for raaja's tunes/films.

He talked about Dhanam, KKP, Ilavenil(related to kalaignar), one film of sanglimurugan azhagar malai

raajarasigan
14th April 2008, 06:43 PM
REMINDER >

Don't miss to watch the full TITLE score of IR in 'Thekkithi Ponnu' in Kalaignar TV TODAY at 8.30 PM :)