PDA

View Full Version : Is Kumar Sanu's Gold period gone? No more Sanu fans

iwillbehidden
31st December 2004, 01:23 AM
Since 2000, Sanu has not got many great awards nor has he given many great melodies as he is known for.
compared to him udit is doing better and better, sonu is doing great but why not sanu

rehman, never picks sanu to sing his songs,
even himesh reshammiya does not pick him
EVEN NADEEM SHRAVAN are giving him less chances?

is it that the people don't like is songs anymore, they seem to be the same tune... why?????

trivik12
30th January 2005, 07:56 AM
I think Kumar Sanu's best is over. He has gone into music direction. Since even music directors like NS , AM are not using him its tough for him. Even directors like Vidhu Vinod Chopra who used to insist on sanu until Kareeb are not using him.

Why? One cant be sure. Must be his attitude as his voice is same if not better. Listening to some of his songs in last 2-3 yrs shows his voice only maturing. But sadly that alone has not helped him.

Plus voices like udit/sonu are more flexible for most actors.

blahblah
30th January 2005, 12:11 PM
There is a time for everyone to stop-and this guy is no exception.I never had a great opinion about him and have some dislike for him too.Call me prejudiced but thats how I feel. :wink:

ajay05
2nd March 2005, 04:32 PM
I personally think that at the moment apart from Sonu Nigam there arent any really really good singers in their prime right now.He is so good that he leaves all the others behind by miles and that too is the reason that ailing singers like Kumar Shanu do not get any recordings to do.Sonu is the first choice of most of the music directors and the others who do not take him either do not have the brains or no money to spare.

trivik12
4th March 2005, 09:11 AM
I disagree with Ajay05.There are lots of talented and popular singers.Udit is still no:1 preference for lots of Music Directors.He was seen in most major hit movies Swades/Bewafaa/Kisna etc.

There are also singers like Shaan/Kay Kay etc who r giving hits constantly.Abijeet/Sanu do not sing that much but they have not gone away.

I feel in the era of illegal MP3s musicians and singer stock values have come down.So we see more singers per album

sudipoli
23rd March 2005, 04:26 PM
ajay is only a frustated fan of sonu nigam. he lives in his own land with his own fantasy. comeon ajay. everyone knows whose voice is like a female's voice. dont try to act as a frustated guy. be practical. i am sure u r obsessed with sonu nigam. there r many other singers who r very good. udit is still the no.1
dont try to compare a kid like sonu nigam with udit narayan. udit narayan is in the industry for more than 25 years and still going strong, still the first choice of many music directors. this is the fact and if u dont want to agree with this u r really a frustated fan of sonu nigam .
kumar has given more hits than sonu nigam. first of all, let sonu nigam give more hits than kumar sanu. let him win 5 filmfare awards in a row like sanuda and than compare sonu kid with sanuda. i agree that sanuda isnt signing many songs these days. i think he isnt getting offers these days . this always happens with great singers. this happened with lataji, kishoreda , rafi sahab. but i still hope that sanuda can strike back.
newcomer kunal ganjawala too has a great voice. i think he has a great future ahead. i like shaan too . kay kay isnt bad either. babool is also doing good these days . my ranking of the present male playback singers of bollywood :

1)udit narayan
2)sonu nigam, kumar sanu
3)abhijeet
4)kunal ganjawala
5)shaan
6)babool supriyo
7)kay kay

Deep_Secrets
24th March 2005, 06:39 AM
Kumar Sanu is good when he's not in his nasal mode,....but I like Abhijeet more than I like him.

blahblah
24th March 2005, 12:14 PM
Kumar Sanu is good when he's not in his nasal mode,....but I like Abhijeet more than I like him.

That is the exact reason for my dislike towards him.He sings through the nose :lol: ,and makes a donkey like sound. :shock:

Deep_Secrets
24th March 2005, 12:56 PM

That is the exact reason for my dislike towards him.He sings through the nose :lol: ,and makes a donkey like sound. :shock:

BlahBlah, I love your sense of humor! :rotfl:

Deep_Secrets
24th March 2005, 02:07 PM
Sudipoi wrote....
1)udit narayan
2)sonu nigam, kumar sanu
3)abhijeet
4)kunal ganjawala
5)shaan
6)babool supriyo
7)kay kay....

Shaan and Baldwala better than Babuliya Superior? :shock:

manish kumar
24th March 2005, 07:39 PM
I BEG UR PARDON BUT I MUST SAY THAT--ALL THE GUYS UP THERE HAVE GOT truely nicky personality, anybody anywhere has thrown "something",AND U poor guys really gonna nick those things. SHAME ON U. SANUJI, UDITJI, SONUJI EVERYBODY OF THEM HAS GOT UNIQUE TALENT,SINGING STYLE,INTENTIONS. AND THE ABOVE WORD "GOLD PERIOD" IS REALLY MEANINGLESS TO THE CRITERIA. MUSIC OR SYMPHONY IS NOT ANYBODY'S SO CALLED PROPERTY.. FROM THE 80s HE HAS GOT NOTHING TO PROVE AGAIN. ESPECIALLY TO U ALL MENTALLY UPSET PEOPLE.

Deep_Secrets
25th March 2005, 02:50 AM
Nice first impression..... :D

blahblah
26th March 2005, 12:56 PM
I BEG UR PARDON BUT I MUST SAY THAT--ALL THE GUYS UP THERE HAVE GOT truely nicky personality, anybody anywhere has thrown "something",AND U poor guys really gonna nick those things. SHAME ON U. SANUJI, UDITJI, SONUJI EVERYBODY OF THEM HAS GOT UNIQUE TALENT,SINGING STYLE,INTENTIONS. AND THE ABOVE WORD "GOLD PERIOD" IS REALLY MEANINGLESS TO THE CRITERIA. MUSIC OR SYMPHONY IS NOT ANYBODY'S SO CALLED PROPERTY.. FROM THE 80s HE HAS GOT NOTHING TO PROVE AGAIN. ESPECIALLY TO U ALL MENTALLY UPSET PEOPLE.

Avery good impression indeed Manishkumarji! :) I too like Sanuji,Uditji,Sonuji and all other jis singing provided that they do it when they do not have a severe cold and blow their nose during singingJI. :D :D

Deep_Secrets
27th March 2005, 09:03 AM
Here's the impressions I got from listening to these three top male singers...

Kumar Sanu-Serious.

Udit Narayan-care-free, jubilant.

Sonu Nigam-I can't think up the english word but the Urdu word best describing him is 'Bechara'....would any urdu speaking person translate that to English, PA-lease? :D

sanju
27th March 2005, 07:24 PM
1)udit narayan
2)sonu nigam, kumar sanu
3)abhijeet
4)kunal ganjawala
5)shaan
6)babool supriyo
7)kay kay

i think the list should like this,

1 kumar sanu
2 udit narayan
3 abhijeet
4 sonu nigam
5 shaan
6 babul supriyo

udit narayan has the sweetest voice among them, but sanu conveys the feelings deepily in to the heart.

CLUELESS
8th January 2009, 05:41 AM
dear hubbers,
i have been out of touch with hindi movies for the past few years (though i watched 3 or 4 films).
now i have the time to catch up.
can you suggest really good movies that are really worth watching?
regards

vikatan
5th February 2009, 08:50 AM
Did this poor imitation of Kishore Kumar ever have a golden period? He along with Anuradha Paudwal were unleashed on Film music lovers by the imitation champion Gulshan Kumar.

To give you an analogy....If the original i-phone costs you $100, then the made in china duplicate(called Hi-Phone) costs you $10.
Kumar Sanu and Anuradha Paudwal are Hi-Phones..And luckily they have faded away from the music scene.

Interestingly all poor imitations have always failures in Film music. CH Atma (KL Saigal). Mohd Aziz (Rafi),Nitin Mukesh (Mukesh).

Singers who started out as mimics but evolved into good singers in my opinion are Mano (SPB) and Mahendra Kapoor (Rafi)

So in summary, in my opinion, Sanu was just a poor imitation and mimic of Kishore and he was lucky to get the kind of fame that he had.