PDA

View Full Version : Deepavali Spl Programmes

Roshan
7th November 2007, 07:06 PM
Rocketboy, is that your review in that link ?

Tried watching the katradhu thamizh "so-called" analysis by SuhAsini in her show in Jaya TV. I usually find her unbearably irritating, but today she outdid herself.

Cool 8-) Enakkum appadithAn thOnum :x

her so called analysis :rotfl: :rotfl2:

I saw this in this week's kumudam Arasu BathilgaL :P

Q: Suhasiniyin cinema vimarsanam patri?

A: MatrathellAm paravAyillai, cinemavin technique-kaLai viLakkukiREn pErvazhi enRu pOdukiRArE oru rambam.. Aaa ! :twisted: (emotion nAn sErthathu :P )

Sorry for the dig friends :oops:

P_R
7th November 2007, 07:29 PM
Actually that is a little bit of a saving grace (relatively speaking). Her "analysis of the films' merits" are ridiculous.
:evil: Can't believe she co-wrote Iruvar :shock:

rocketboy
7th November 2007, 10:55 PM
http://www.savefile.com/files/1178696

Para Para Pattaampocchi song uploaded .

equanimus
8th November 2007, 06:33 PM
Actually that is a little bit of a saving grace (relatively speaking). Her "analysis of the films' merits" are ridiculous.
:evil:

Remember the number of times she said "muNumuNakka"? The *mokkaiest* film-related show in recent times;extremely patronising as well. I don't even understand the point of the various 'parts' of the show. First, she 'analyses' (the sheer number of times she mentions the word 'analysis' is reason enough to keep away from this) the film, then she talks to the director or anyone involved in the film, and then she puts it in the 'niyAya tharAsu,' is that it? Duh! Very, very boring.

Can't believe she co-wrote Iruvar :shock:

Just to clarify, she wrote just the dialogue. Mani is an exceptionally superb screenwriter, I just can't imagine her contributing to his screenplays. But, his Thamizh vocabulary is much limited and hence her role as the dialogue-writer. When Anandan says, "poRunga!" in Iruvar, you know it comes from Suhasini.

thilak4life
9th November 2007, 12:35 PM
"Iruvar" had some fantastic dialogues (both verbose and terse). So, I wouldn't discredit Suhasini's work.

Roshan
9th November 2007, 12:43 PM
Remember the number of times she said "muNumuNakka"? The *mokkaiest* film-related show in recent times;extremely patronising as well. I don't even understand the point of the various 'parts' of the show. First, she 'analyses' (the sheer number of times she mentions the word 'analysis' is reason enough to keep away from this) the film, then she talks to the director or anyone involved in the film, and then she puts it in the 'niyAya tharAsu,' is that it? Duh! Very, very boring.

True ! But need to say that, similar programs like Madhan's thirai paarvai are no better. Athuvum padu boring program thAn.

thilak4life
9th November 2007, 12:45 PM
Actually no one reviews or analyzes (remba periya varthai for these jandus), half the time you hear elementary subjective views.

Roshan
9th November 2007, 12:52 PM
Actually no one reviews or analyzes (remba periya varthai for these jandus), half the time you hear elementary subjective views.

That's mainly because the hosts have no control over the show. The channel and the producer decide mostly, based on their "jaalras" for certain artistes.

thilak4life
9th November 2007, 12:55 PM
Offtrack - I puked watching Vijay tv's propagandist shows of a popular actor who shares his name with the channel..

Sanguine Sridhar
9th November 2007, 12:59 PM
Offtrack - I puked watching Vijay tv's propagandist shows of a popular actor who shares his name with the channel..

:rotfl: idhukku neenga peraye sollirukalam :P

adhukku aduthu Kollywood Bruce-Lee program paatheengala? :lol:

thilak4life
9th November 2007, 01:10 PM

:lol2: Neenga vera, I watched a debate in SunTv - remba kevalam - no one really knew to build half-decent counter points and arguments. Sathyaraj's lack of perspective shows. Bharathiraaja actually was the worst of the lot! Ivainga-la enna pannalam?

Among other shows, nothing really stood out, mediocre and bloody waste of time! :twisted:

crajkumar_be
9th November 2007, 01:15 PM
-repeattu-

crajkumar_be
9th November 2007, 01:15 PM
:lol2: Neenga vera, I watched a debate in SunTv - remba kevalam - no one really knew to build half-decent counter points and arguments. Sathyaraj's lack of perspective shows. Bharathiraaja actually was the worst of the lot! Ivainga-la enna pannalam?

:shock:
I was just about to post about the same!
What "ya" debate ma! :notworthy:

Solomon Poppeye-a is another overrated figure. Blind Veneration - Thy name is Tamil Nadu :clap:

Wonder why they named it a "debate". It was more like India/Australia calling Bangladesh to tour and using them like punching bags... Extremely immature, illogical, imbalanced, patronizing and rowdy behavior by the actors' side. Not a semblance of rational thinking.

Yes, Bharathiraaja should have been pelted with stones for his assault! He behaved like a drunk rowdy on the streets of Kasimedu. Sathyaraj and Sri Priya - :hammer:

Absolutely puke-worthy.

P.S: The show stealer was of course TR. Absolute value for money :rotfl:

Roshan
9th November 2007, 01:17 PM

And to show that, they abruptly stopped "Coffee with Anu" with Surya and A R Murugadas, which was the ONLY worthy program yesterday.

Neenga vera, I watched a debate in SunTv - remba kevalam - no one really knew to build half-decent counter points and arguments.Sathyaraj's lack of perspective shows. Bharathiraaja actually was the worst of the lot! Ivainga-la enna pannalam?

Antha kodumaiya naanum anubavichEn :banghead: Sathyaraj, BR-a vidunga. Kushbu :hammer: :hammer:

idhukku neenga peraye sollirukalam

adhukku aduthu Kollywood Bruce-Lee program paatheengala?

:lol:

crajkumar_be
9th November 2007, 01:18 PM
Antha kodumaiya naanum anubavichEn :banghead: Sathyaraj, BR-a vidunga. Kushbu :hammer: :hammer:

I didn't see her "assault"! Enna sonnanga? :lol2:

crajkumar_be
9th November 2007, 01:22 PM
Another Dig:
Did anyone watch Chimp in Vizag? :rotfl:

thilak4life
9th November 2007, 01:23 PM

I didn't see her "assault"! Enna sonnanga? :lol2:

She was probably the most childish and naive of the lot. Well, she speaks clearly it seems, says Mr.Popeye. To paraphrase her, "as far as I'm concerned, Tamil cinema is a sodhanai thanks to mindless fans who build temples for such likes"...

Roshan
9th November 2007, 01:24 PM
I was just about to post about the same!
What "ya" debate ma! :notworthy:

:rotfl:

Solomon Poppeye-a is another overrated figure. Blind Veneration - Thy name is Tamil Nadu :clap:

:exactly:

Wonder why they named it a "debate". It was more like India/Australia calling Bangladesh to tour and using them like punching bags... Extremely immature, illogical, imbalanced, patronizing and rowdy behavior by the actors' side. Not a semblance of rational thinking.

Yes, Bharathiraaja should have been pelted with stones for his assault! He behaved like a drunk rowdy on the streets of Kasimedu. Sathyaraj and Sri Priya - :hammer:

But to me both sides were equally puke-worthy

P.S: The show stealer was of course TR. Absolute value for money :rotfl:

enakku anthaLavu poRumai kedeyAthu. oru 10 secs paathuttu, aaLa vidungadA sAminnu TV-a off paNNittEn :banghead:

thilak4life
9th November 2007, 01:25 PM
Another Dig:

What about his pet monkey who "compered" this "assualt".

thilak4life
9th November 2007, 01:28 PM

:exactly: Also add Raaja to it. Actually Bharathy had some valid claims, but even she couldn't get more transparent. Understandable..

The show stealer was of course TR. Absolute value for money :rotfl:

:hammer:

Roshan
9th November 2007, 01:33 PM
Another Dig:

What about his pet monkey who "compered" this "assualt".

That was again :banghead:

She was probably the most childish and naive of the lot. Well, she speaks clearly it seems, says Mr.Popeye. To paraphrase her, "as far as I'm concerned, Tamil cinema is a sodhanai thanks to mindless fans who build temples for such likes"...

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Thilak what's your say on Pappayya's commments on Kovai Sarala's violence against Vadivelu ? :lol:

thilak4life
9th November 2007, 01:39 PM
Thilak what's your say on Pappayya's commments on Kovai Sarala's violence against Vadivelu ?

Did he? I missed it!

He lost his respect after "Sivaji", it's probably the worst assault on humanity from Tamil cinema in recent times. Now, they're defending it! :lol2:

MADDY
9th November 2007, 01:40 PM
Another Dig:

he cant talk in english :shock: ....enga choolaimedu figure-dhaan translated e'thing to him/officials :lol: :lol: (i hope i'm talking abt the same program that u mentioned :oops: :lol: )

saw the so-called debate on SUNTV :lol: ......really, i never knew these guys are so hollow in their arguements/points :shock: ......wat did BR talk :roll: :hammer:.......oru point-ae illa :evil: ......cha, naa avara enga vechirukkaen (mani-kkum mela) :cry:

i feel really proud we have a much deeper/sensible arguements here :D......

Roshan
9th November 2007, 01:47 PM
Thilak what's your say on Pappayya's commments on Kovai Sarala's violence against Vadivelu ?

Did he? I missed it!

When some one from the other side accused that Tamil cinema is institutionalising domestic violence, that too against women, Pappayya countered it by gleefully quoting Kovai Sarala beating up Vadivelu in a certain movie. "aha ennammaa antha poNNu poratti edukkuthu paarunga :banghead:

He lost his respect after "Sivaji", it's probably the worst assault on humanity from Tamil cinema in recent times. Now, they're defending it! :lol2:

Yes, desperately defending it. Same goes with Raja :evil:

thilak4life
9th November 2007, 01:52 PM
And to show that, they abruptly stopped "Coffee with Anu" with Surya and A R Murugadas, which was the ONLY worthy program yesterday.

Yep, From the state of Tamil cinema, one should probably disown it after all the atrocious hyperbolic statements, and worst of all, celebrating mediocrity!

Worst has to be Kalaignar tv (retelecast? Anyway I caught the "Action" only yesterday). Ayya talking about Sethusamudram Shipping Canal Project! Isn't there a place and time for that?

But the fact that it was another propagandist and shameless idea, coupled with some ridiculous prizes!

Ironically, he made the whole industry bow down to him, after all, the whole industry best embellishes the lack of self respect for their "work", and more of a bootlicking attitude. Mixing cinema to Politics is the worst thing to have happened here. Few idiots defend it (well, the Suntv debate for one)! And Ayya actually made it worse by defending it to the most ill-informed, and ridiculously less inclined (both politically, and otherwise)!

Roshan
9th November 2007, 01:52 PM
he cant talk in english :shock: ....enga choolaimedu figure-dhaan translated e'thing to him/officials :lol: :lol: (i hope i'm talking abt the same program that u mentioned :oops: :lol: )

He spoke in English well a couple of times with the officers but wonder why he requested TD to translate at times.

Roshan
9th November 2007, 02:03 PM
Worst has to be Kalaignar tv (retelecast? Anyway I caught the "Action" only yesterday). Ayya talking about Sethusamudram Shipping Canal Project! Isn't there a place and time for that?

Athu kElvi kEttavarudaiya thappu. But I liked the way Ayya responded to it :)

And Ayya actually made it worse by defending it to the most ill-informed, and ridiculously less inclined (both politically, and otherwise)!

This I agree :)

MADDY
9th November 2007, 02:11 PM

But the fact that it was another propagandist and shameless idea, coupled with some ridiculous prizes!

ayya va :lol: :shock: .......do u think giving tax benefits to AVMs for taking out a 'H' (shivaji - H = Sivaji :lol: ) and our poor farmers having no free electricity is any better :evil: .......this govt. mixes politics and cinema freely......

jananga appadi dhaan award function-la politics pathhiyum, assembly-la cinema pathhiyum pesuvaanga :lol: ......pongappa, poi root-cause-analysis pannungappaa - adha vittuttu rajinikanth madhiri appavigala kora sollikittu :D ( i agree he has a big mouth :oops: )

joe
9th November 2007, 02:11 PM

Athu kElvi kEttavarudaiya thappu. !

Athane ! :) KelVi kekka thoondi vittavangaLaiyum serthukkunga :)

joe
9th November 2007, 02:18 PM
Thilak,
Ivar so called 'koL mooti' political analysts thoondi vittu sampantham illama pesuvaram ..Aaana kalainjar pathil sonnathu mattum thappam ..nalla niyayam :x

Roshan
9th November 2007, 02:20 PM

Athu kElvi kEttavarudaiya thappu. !

Athane ! :) KelVi kekka thoondi vittavangaLaiyum serthukkunga :)

:lol: True ! Infact KK himself pointed out by saying it was not the right place to talk about the issue. But he had no option other than responding to it. But avar bathil :thumbsup:

RK sonna kalyaana sAppAdu example-a avarukkE thriuppi pOttathu :lol:

joe
9th November 2007, 02:26 PM
But avar bathil :thumbsup:

Kalainjar-a kokka :huh: 84 vayasu kizhavan-nnu uLkuththu vacha uLkuthukku uLkuthu vakka kalainjar-kku theriyum :)

Roshan
9th November 2007, 02:29 PM
But avar bathil :thumbsup:

Kalainjar-a kokka :huh: 84 vayasu kizhavan-nnu uLkuththu vacha uLkuthukku uLkuthu vakka kalainjar-kku theriyum :)

:exactly: his uLkuthus and sarcasm without getting on to a defensive or offensive mode were :thumbsup:

Sanguine Sridhar
9th November 2007, 02:34 PM

Among other shows, nothing really stood out, mediocre and bloody waste of time! :twisted:

But Bharathi Baskar points are excellent :thumbsup:

crajkumar_be
9th November 2007, 02:46 PM
Roshan,
Yes, both sides were giving one lame argument after the other but atleast the non-filmi side had some sense of balance, perspective and logic. Whatever happened to basic human decency, especially in a 'sabai'. Bharathiraaja going "andha bharathi solraaanga.. avanga yaaru? bharathi... adhaan... bharathiya? bhaskara?" was :hammer:

A group drinking in a bar gets into silly arguments over nothing where emotions take the better of us. Thats understandable and normal drunk behavior :razz: Aana, this was something else - extremely juvenile and uncouth. Much worse than bar room bullying!

Mr. Popeye's defense of dometic violenece against women :notworthy:
"Kovai Sarala beats the crap out of Vadivel and hence you cannot say Tamil film endorses and glorifies domestic violence and male chauvinism!" - Whoa :notworthy:

Satyaraj goes around town claiming he is a rationalist and what not! He was one of the most irrational on stage. ennada sammandhame illama MGR pugazh paaduvaaple innaikkum appadi thaana nu nenachen and he didnt disappoint :lol2:

Thilak/Maddy,
Choolaimedu figure - :lol:
She is the most despicable face and voice on TV (OK, its a toss up between DD and Mamathy Chari) and whats with her undying servitude to Chimpu????

Not knowing English is not a crime and certainly not something to be ashamed of but as Maddy and Roshan pointed out, it was embarrassing. He was staring wide-eyed and clueless right through the program like a kid in a chocolate store!
If Vijay TV is going to ape NDTV (of all channels) they should atleast do half a decent job :hammer:
Figure this: A celebrity is supposed to meet with the soldiers and liven up things (this very idea is ridiculous to me). Fine. But then almost nobody knew who Chimpu was and he had to *be introduced*!!!

P.S: I thought only Dindukkal I.Leoni was the authorized representative and flag-bearer of the Taliban in the debating world in TN but it looks like he is not alone :roll:
kali muthiduthu! nAsamA pOchu pOngO! :banghead:

crajkumar_be
9th November 2007, 02:51 PM
<Recursive Dig>
They were playing songs from Pink Floyd's "Wall" album in the Chimp program 8-) :)
</Recursive Dig>

joe
9th November 2007, 02:55 PM
CR,
I have seen only Raja,sathyaraj and Bharathiraja's speach :banghead: and finally TR :banghead: :banghead: thaanga mudiyama mathitten :(

I have seen Meenadchi sabapathi (Oli 96.8) on stage..How was her speach?

joe
9th November 2007, 02:58 PM
Regarding pattrimantram
http://tbcd-tbcd.blogspot.com/2007/11/blog-post_08.html

Roshan
9th November 2007, 02:58 PM
Satyaraj goes around town claiming he is a rationalist and what not! He was one of the most irrational on stage. ennada sammandhame illama MGR pugazh paaduvaaple innaikkum appadi thaana nu nenachen and he didnt disappoint :lol2:

hahaha :rotfl:

Want to mention how Kushbu retaliated against the accusation of using non-tamil words and puriyAtha soRkaL in thamizh songs. "Athu kEkkuRavangaLukku puriyalEnna, avangaLukku antha pAtta ezhuthuna kavinjar aLavukku aRivu illEnnu artham" :curse: :hammer: :hammer:

English words pathi solreenga - kalyaaNam thAn katti kittu odi pOgalAmA thamizh pAttuthAnE. adha rasikkireengalla :hammer: :curse:

crajkumar_be
9th November 2007, 02:59 PM
Joe,
Unfortunately, i saw only a part of Vadivazhagan's speech and a little bit of Bharathi Baskar's speech.

CR,
and finally TR :banghead: :banghead: thaanga mudiyama mathitten :(

:notthatway:
vanmaya kandikkiren! :twisted:

Did you see the explanation he gave for "aracha maava araippoma? thovaicha thuniya thovaippoma?"
Cha, what "ya" poyetri, what "ya" explanation.
TR is strictly for anubaviching, not aaraaying :lol2:
<The audience reaction when he was speaking :rotfl: - some people even started leaving :lol2: >

Roshan
9th November 2007, 03:04 PM
Did you see the explanation he gave for "aracha maava araippoma? thovaicha thuniya thovaippoma?"

Ayyo ! :lol: atha thAnga mudiyAmathAn nAn TV-a switch off paNNEn :curse:

Sanguine Sridhar
9th November 2007, 03:06 PM
Joe,
Unfortunately, i saw only a part of Vadivazhagan's speech and a little bit of Bharathi Baskar's speech.

CR,
and finally TR :banghead: :banghead: thaanga mudiyama mathitten :(

:notthatway:
vanmaya kandikkiren! :twisted:

Did you see the explanation he gave for "aracha maava araippoma? thovaicha thuniya thovaippoma?"Cha, what "ya" poyetri, what "ya" explanation.
TR is strictly for anubaviching, not aaraaying :lol2:
<The audience reaction when he was speaking :rotfl: - some people even started leaving :lol2: >

:rotfl2: :rotfl: Chumma merattitaarla...

Aracha maava arapoma... Romeo Juliet, Ambikapathi,Amaravathi idha pathi kettrundhaangana...Spot out!! :lol:

joe
9th November 2007, 03:09 PM

Ayyo ! :lol: atha thAnga mudiyAmathAn nAn TV-a switch off paNNEn :curse:

Antha aracha maavu explanation-a parthu puthusa vaangina TV-ya naane odachiruvennu payam vanthu channel mathitten :(

crajkumar_be
9th November 2007, 03:09 PM
Antha aracha maavu explanation-a parthu puthusa vaangina TV-ya naane odachiruvennu payam vanthu channel mathitten :(

Sanguine Sridhar
9th November 2007, 03:18 PM
seri Katradhu Thamizh pathi konjam pesungappa! Jeeva kochukka poraaru... :oops:

thilak4life
9th November 2007, 03:54 PM
Thilak,
Ivar so called 'koL mooti' political analysts thoondi vittu sampantham illama pesuvaram ..Aaana kalainjar pathil sonnathu mattum thappam ..nalla niyayam :x

Joe, I didn't blame MK alone. First and foremost, it was an imbeclic question..

Moreover, Socio-political views/questions should be detailed and well thought out, rather than being half-baked, with some hidden agenda behind it..

But I still find the awards function unneccesary and from the look of it, shouting out loud for attention..

saradhaa_sn
9th November 2007, 05:33 PM
ayya va :lol: :shock: .......do u think giving tax benefits to AVMs for taking out a 'H' (shivaji - H = Sivaji :lol: ) and our poor farmers having no free electricity is any better :evil: .......this govt. mixes politics and cinema freely......

முதல்வர் கலைஞர் செய்த மிகப்பெரிய தவறு இது. அரசு கஜானாவுக்கு கோடிக்கணக்கில் வருமானம் வந்து கொண்டிருந்த துறைகளில், சினிமா கேளிக்கை வரியும் ஒன்று. தன்னுடைய தமிழ்ப்பற்றைக் காட்ட 'தமிழில் பெயர் வைக்கப்படும் படங்களுக்கு வரிவிலக்கு' என்ற மாபெரும் தவறான சட்டத்தைப்போட்டு, அரசுக்கு வருமானம் வந்துகொண்டிருந்த வழியை அடைத்து விட்டார்.

விளைவு...?, சினிமாக்காரர்கள்தான் காசுக்காக எதையும் செய்பவர்கள் ஆயிற்றே. உடனே அத்தனை ஆங்கிலப் பெயர்களையும் தமிழாக்கி வரிவிலக்கு பெற்றுக்கொண்டார்கள். இது எவ்வளவு பெரிய தவறான சட்டம்?. ஆங்கிலப்பெயர்களை தமிழில் மாற்ற இதுவல்ல வழி.

"தமிழில் பெயர் வைக்கப்படும் படங்களுக்கு வழக்கமான கேளிக்கை வரி. அதை விட்டு வேற்று மொழிகளில் பெயர் வைக்கப்படும் படங்களுக்கு இரட்டிப்பு கேளிக்கை வரி" என்று சட்டம் போட்டிருந்தாரானால் இரு கையேந்தி வரவேற்கலாம். ஆனால் இப்போது..?. அநியாயமாக அரசுக்கு வந்துகொண்டிருந்த வருமானம் போச்சு.

"ஆங்கிலப்பெயர்களுக்கு இரட்டிப்பு வரி" என்று சட்டம் போட்டிருந்தாலும் (காசுக்காக எதையும் செய்யும் சினிமா துறையினர்) எல்லா பெயர்களையும் தமிழில் வைத்திருப்பார்கள். கலைஞரின் தமிழ்ப்பற்றையும், அரசின் வருமானத்தையும் ஒரே நேரத்தில் காப்பாற்றியிருக்கலாம்.

வரிக்கு பயந்து ஆங்கிலப் பெயர்களை நிறுத்தினார்களே தவிர, திரிஷாவுக்கு ஒருபடத்துக்கு நான்கு கோடி ரூபாய் கொடுப்பதை எந்த தயாரிப்பாளரும் நிறுத்தவில்லை, பிரம்மாண்டம் என்ற பெயரில் பணத்தை வாரியிறைப்பதை ஷங்கர்களும் நிறுத்தவில்லை என்பது மிகப்பெரிய சோகம்.

P_R
9th November 2007, 05:39 PM
I spent DeepAvaLi the good old way- in a house thick with kids of all sizes, packing in more sweets than they can handle, uncles addicted to card games discussing Indian foreign policy, aunts with an unending flow of "andha kaalathila" anecdotes.

Except for Sachin's innings, managed to watch very little tv that day. You guys are making me feel good for that :-)

MADDY
9th November 2007, 05:49 PM

one very funny incident - enga veettukku kutti paappa onnu vandhu romba sound kuduthhuttu irundhudhu........when he saw TR's antics he was stunned into silence for 5 mins....... :rotfl: :rotfl: - even the kkid felt ashamed of his antics - and his mimicry :cry: :shock:

CR, that girl(choolaimedu party) stays somewhere near my place only :lol2: ......i have seen her coming to nearby vegetable market once :wink: :lol: .......oruthaan madhikka maattaan :lol:

having said all - SUNTV clearly hammered Kalaignar TV in terms of TRP on diwali day.... :thumbsup:

Roshan
9th November 2007, 07:06 PM
விளைவு...?, சினிமாக்காரர்கள்தான் காசுக்காக எதையும் செய்பவர்கள் ஆயிற்றே. உடனே அத்தனை ஆங்கிலப் பெயர்களையும் தமிழாக்கி வரிவிலக்கு பெற்றுக்கொண்டார்கள். இது எவ்வளவு பெரிய தவறான சட்டம்?. ஆங்கிலப்பெயர்களை தமிழில் மாற்ற இதுவல்ல வழி.

I agree to this point ! And I very well remember the incident regarding the name change of Ajith's God Father. Before the tax exemption was introduced, KSR vehemently opposed the idea of changing the title to Thamizh, when he was pressurised by our thamizh kaavalargaL Thiruma and Dr R. I remember in one his interviews KSR said "ivanga solRathukkAga pEr mAtha mudiyAthu, God Father-a maathuRathunnA -"thagappan saami"-nu thAn mAththanum, athu nallA irukkumA, neengaLE sollunga". And what happened later is 'history'. Utter hypocrisy ! :evil:

joe
9th November 2007, 07:07 PM
Those who missed the comedy (Pattimantram) ..here you go
http://www.tubetamil.com/view_video.php?viewkey=a1449085b8f43fc39a7d&page=1&viewtype=&category=mr

equanimus
9th November 2007, 07:13 PM
"Iruvar" had some fantastic dialogues (both verbose and terse). So, I wouldn't discredit Suhasini's work.

Uh, Thilak, I was very much crediting Suhasini for the dialogue of Iruvar! The dialogue of Iruvar is somewhat expositional at times, but more than makes up for it with the oozing nativity and some brlliantly written 'Maniesque' lines. Note, I use 'Maniesque' to mean the exact opposite of 'expositional,' not to say that it comes from Mani.

Just to clarify, she wrote just the dialogue. Mani is an exceptionally superb screenwriter, I just can't imagine her contributing to his screenplays. But, his Thamizh vocabulary is much limited and hence her role as the dialogue-writer. When Anandan says, "poRunga!" in Iruvar, you know it comes from Suhasini.

Mani's Tamil dialogue-writing skills are limited. His dialogues work best when the milieu is unmistakably urban. His dialogues have definitely worked in some films, but never really as well as it did when someone else (Sujatha, Balakumaran, Suhasini) wrote the dialogue. Remember the number of times a word as archaic as 'nanban' is uttered in ThaLapathi?

That said, Mani's screenwriting is of the highest order. Why, even Sujatha, a constant associate of Mani, has never co-written Mani's films (as in, contribute to the screenplay). The only Mani film which someone else wrote is Thiruda Thiruda.

equanimus
9th November 2007, 07:21 PM
Those who missed the comedy (Pattimantram) ..here you go
http://www.tubetamil.com/view_video.php?viewkey=a1449085b8f43fc39a7d&page=1&viewtype=&category=mr

I didn't get to see this pattimandram. Thanks for the link, Joe. It seems worth watching!

P_R
9th November 2007, 08:30 PM
Nice idea saradha_sn

If a non-Tamil title is so interesting that the producer thinks he will make enough money to justify the double tax, then he will. The marginal value of the title, other things remaining equal, will be proportional to the marginal gain (from a financial, not just aesthetic) of naming it in the alternative title.
With sufficient assumptions, there is a relative stable equilibrium there.

Given that no-one thinks enough about titles - i.e. thinks the movie is the same regardless of what it is called - the natural equilibrium will setlle to Tamil names.

And the person concerned will have problems with his title no matter what. So it is an universal optimal solution anyway :-)

That's a behavioural economics paper , right there !

equanimus
9th November 2007, 08:49 PM
ayyO, what a turd-fest from the 'sAdhanai' team.... Not that it's surprising. And, I agree with crajkumar_be. The 'sOdhanai' did make some good points.

They did succumb to the usual pitfalls, but then, if they had argued with even better clarity and offered sharper perspectives, it might have alienated the opposition team! enna solRAnga'nne puriyAma pOyirukkalAm... :)

crajkumar_be
9th November 2007, 10:33 PM
I spent DeepAvaLi the good old way- in a house thick with kids of all sizes, packing in more sweets than they can handle, uncles addicted to card games discussing Indian foreign policy, aunts with an unending flow of "andha kaalathila" anecdotes.

Except for Sachin's innings, managed to watch very little tv that day. You guys are making me feel good for that :-)
:lol:

aunts with an unending flow of "andha kaalathila" anecdotes.

crajkumar_be
9th November 2007, 10:37 PM
CR, that girl(choolaimedu party) stays somewhere near my place only :lol2: ......i have seen her coming to nearby vegetable market once :wink: :lol: .......oruthaan madhikka maattaan :lol:

Onn rikuosst!
Call me rude or inhuman or whatever but pl one bottle acid.....
kaththal thAnga mudiyala dA sAmi :(

Sanguine Sridhar
10th November 2007, 07:16 AM
-repeatu-

Sanguine Sridhar
10th November 2007, 07:17 AM

முதல்வர் கலைஞர் செய்த மிகப்பெரிய தவறு இது. அரசு கஜானாவுக்கு கோடிக்கணக்கில் வருமானம் வந்து கொண்டிருந்த துறைகளில், சினிமா கேளிக்கை வரியும் ஒன்று. தன்னுடைய தமிழ்ப்பற்றைக் காட்ட 'தமிழில் பெயர் வைக்கப்படும் படங்களுக்கு வரிவிலக்கு' என்ற மாபெரும் தவறான சட்டத்தைப்போட்டு, அரசுக்கு வருமானம் வந்துகொண்டிருந்த வழியை அடைத்து விட்டார்.

"தமிழில் பெயர் வைக்கப்படும் படங்களுக்கு வழக்கமான கேளிக்கை வரி. அதை விட்டு வேற்று மொழிகளில் பெயர் வைக்கப்படும் படங்களுக்கு இரட்டிப்பு கேளிக்கை வரி" என்று சட்டம் போட்டிருந்தாரானால் இரு கையேந்தி வரவேற்கலாம். ஆனால் இப்போது..?. அநியாயமாக அரசுக்கு வந்துகொண்டிருந்த வருமானம் போச்சு.

"ஆங்கிலப்பெயர்களுக்கு இரட்டிப்பு வரி" என்று சட்டம் போட்டிருந்தாலும் (காசுக்காக எதையும் செய்யும் சினிமா துறையினர்) எல்லா பெயர்களையும் தமிழில் வைத்திருப்பார்கள். கலைஞரின் தமிழ்ப்பற்றையும், அரசின் வருமானத்தையும் ஒரே நேரத்தில் காப்பாற்றியிருக்கலாம்.

வரிக்கு பயந்து ஆங்கிலப் பெயர்களை நிறுத்தினார்களே தவிர, திரிஷாவுக்கு ஒருபடத்துக்கு நான்கு கோடி ரூபாய் கொடுப்பதை எந்த தயாரிப்பாளரும் நிறுத்தவில்லை, பிரம்மாண்டம் என்ற பெயரில் பணத்தை வாரியிறைப்பதை ஷங்கர்களும் நிறுத்தவில்லை என்பது மிகப்பெரிய சோகம்.

neenga ennanga Ajith,Vijay sambalatha Trisha-vuku koduthuteenga :shock: should be 40 Laktcham :)

saradhaa_sn
10th November 2007, 12:02 PM

Onn rikuosst!

இப்படி மூடு மந்திரமாகவே பேசிக்கிட்டு இருக்கீங்களே.
பெயரைப்போட்டு உடையுங்களேன். எல்லோரும் தெரிந்துகொள்ளட்டும்.

great
10th November 2007, 07:47 PM

Onn rikuosst!

Its none other than , Divyadarshani .

thilak4life
11th November 2007, 01:05 AM
Equanimus,

Huh, I never said you discredited :)

BTW, Couldn't agree more..

His dialogues work best when the milieu is unmistakably urban. His dialogues have definitely worked in some films, but never really as well as it did when someone else (Sujatha, Balakumaran, Suhasini) wrote the dialogue.

mr_karthik
11th November 2007, 12:14 PM

Onn rikuosst!

Its none other than , Divyadarshani .

Saradha madam,

கைப்புண்ணுக்கு கண்ணாடி வேன்டுமா?. 'காட்டுக்கத்தல்' என்றாலே நீங்கள் புரிந்து கொண்டிருக்க வேண்டும்.

In Jodi No.1 (season 2), she will not allow her Co-compier Dheepak to talk anything and she fully dominates the show.

ஆனால் 'கலக்கப்போவது யாரு?' நிகழ்ச்சியில் சேதுவின் பலகுரல் திறமைகளுக்கு நடுவில் ஈடு கொடுக்க முடியாமல் திணறுகிறார் இவர்.

Dhesh
12th November 2007, 02:10 AM
I hve sun tv so i wtchd all the special programmes on there. Gilli tamil film ws on there.

selvakumar
12th November 2007, 04:33 PM
Nalla velai
I didn't watch that "so called debate" fully. I just saw the first few min sof BR's speech and changed the channel :lol:
BR oda starting.
He is telling that the opposite side is like a bat who settles in a tree and eats the fruits.

btw.. tamil cinema audience are not bats coz bats don't have the issue of buying the tickets :lol: They hardly spend anything

BR :banghead:

& satyaraj MGR ah pathi pesamaa irukkirathu avarukkum nallathu, MGRukkum nallathunnu nenaikiraen :oops:
anyway, I think his point must be about "individual achievements" correct me if I wrong.

selvakumar
12th November 2007, 04:34 PM
Nalla velai
I didn't watch that "so called debate" fully. I just saw the first few min sof BR's speech and changed the channel :lol:
BR oda starting.
He is telling that the opposite side is like a bat who settles in a tree and eats the fruits.

btw.. tamil cinema audience are not bats coz bats don't have the issue of buying the tickets :lol: They hardly spend anything

BR :banghead:

& satyaraj MGR ah pathi pesamaa irukkirathu avarukkum nallathu, MGRukkum nallathunnu nenaikiraen :oops:
anyway, I think his point must be about "individual achievements" correct me if I wrong.