PDA

View Full Version : Please vote for Madurai Meenakshi Amman Temple

prithivim
29th December 2004, 10:17 AM
hi everybody,
hope everybody would be aware about the ongoing poll for 7 new wonders of the world.
if you dont know heres the hint . a ongoing poll is conducted to declare the new7wonders of world.the top 21 in the list will be considered for final 7. webber the promoter has just selected 2 places in india(taj mahal/ meenakshi temple) now your vote is going to determine the rest.

HOW TO GO ABOUT:

www.new7wonders.com

click VOTE HERE.

MARK THE CHECK BOX TRUE and click for NOMINATION
select the nominee as MEENAKSHI TEMPLE
and then INDIA-MEENAKSHI Temple
and then our country INDIA.

you have to call up a service number in europe country(for me the no: +372 54 111 444 )
they will provide you personal code with that you can continue registering.

Dont Avoid, Just Max of 15 mins and 15 rs from you will make a big difference.

KINDLY PASS THIS TO EVERYONE OF YOUR FRIENDS AND BE SURE TO MAKE MEENAKSHI TEMPLE TO BE IN THE FIRST 21. (THE FINAL CONTENDANTS).

Thanks and Regards
Prithivi

Surya
29th December 2004, 10:42 AM
Cool! Thanks for the info man! I'll be sure to vote for Madhurai Meenakshi Temple. :)

prithivim
29th December 2004, 06:32 PM
Thanks surya

Guys pls spend just 15 Rs and be part of the history

hehehewalrus
30th December 2004, 02:14 AM
ada paaveengala, vote kutha ISD call-a? :D
Booth owner inba-adhircheela faint aayiduvaan!!

son
30th December 2004, 02:34 AM
hei hehe
what is the anna nagar tower??
i never seen any tower in anna nagar.
how did it get its place in the list of nominees?? :x

hehehewalrus
30th December 2004, 02:39 AM
hei hehe
what is the anna nagar tower??

its the annanagar round tana police station :lol:
its a wonder coz the tumbler on the public drinking water drum has a chain attached to it :lol:

pavalamani pragasam
30th December 2004, 09:38 PM
Please beware of such bogus campaigns!!!

suressh
31st December 2004, 05:24 PM
:)

// ada paaveengala, vote kutha ISD call-a? //

- neenga vera.... ethuvume illaama just oru sms moolam taj mahalukku vote podalaam... athu theriyuma ?

suressh
31st December 2004, 05:25 PM

welcome pp.... :-)

Dr. Veena
7th January 2005, 02:11 PM
NO- I won't vote for any monument in India- I hate this fucking place, it sucks. India is the worst country in the world. I'm going to vote for some monument in France, Australia, USA- wherever I can never go in my lifetime. I hope to win a trip.

NM
7th January 2005, 02:38 PM
Dear Dr Veena:
Pls refrain from downgrading yr own motherland! If you don't wanna vote for it, that's fine. JUST KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: I can see you are truly a spoilt kid!

pavalamani pragasam
7th January 2005, 04:55 PM
Well said. NM! :evil:

Dr. Veena
7th January 2005, 09:35 PM
Dear Dr Veena:
Pls refrain from downgrading yr own motherland! If you don't wanna vote for it, that's fine. JUST KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT! I can see you are truly a spoilt kid!

Hey NM, listen, ppl don't say such things if they don't have a genuine problem. So, if I have said I hate this fucking place, You should understand that there are problems in my life. But I ereally do not want to magnify them. Try to be sensitive to others' problems, NM.

pavalamani pragasam
8th January 2005, 08:40 AM
Dr.Veena, please try to grow up! Are you a kid? Should you not control your tantrums, mind your words when you post in a public forum like this? There are certain adult responsible behavioural norms to be followed IN SPITE OF whatever personal problems one has!

blahblah
8th January 2005, 10:33 AM
So are the things!Some are campaigning for Madurai Meenakshi Temple while our own Veena tries to find some 'sensitive' people even here.For one thing,I believe Tajmahal certainly wins the race against the Madurai Meenakshi Temple.And Veena ,you may not find much sympathy here.Its no use blaming others or your community and country for your problems.

pavalamani pragasam
8th January 2005, 09:48 PM
Actually being myself a Maduraite, born & bred there I have every reason to be agog at the idea of getting international acclaim for our monument. But the matter needs deep consideration from various angles, the final decision being it is not advisable for Meenakshi temple to become one among the 7 wonders of the world. It is a place of worship thronged by lakhs of devotees EVERYDAY the year round from all over the country. I cant imagine camera-toting foreigners jostling against the devotees. The place is quite unlike other known wonders- the pyramids & Taj Mahal, for eg. are tombs & not active local spots of daily importance. Besides how well will the civic amenities be handled at the prospect of million tourists pouring in? What will be the cost of living? What will be the traffic like( as it is now, Maduraites know how painful it is to wade through on foot or in vehicle), in how many ways the thousands of residents living around the city will be affected. All for the vain glory of being a world wonder! Has not the unique, lotus-shaped city has an excellent pride even now. I for one shall be satisfied with that. My article about this appeared in the metro plus section of the city's edition of The Hindu.

Dr. Veena
12th January 2005, 09:44 PM
Hello dear Sir,

I have been to this temple, though I'm not from Madurai . I did not think of it as an architectural wonder. Sorry!

swathy
13th January 2005, 09:39 AM
Of course tajmahal is leading in the race but still we have hope on Meenakshi. Lets see

pavalamani pragasam
13th January 2005, 01:37 PM
Of course, many are not endowed with perceptive powers when architectural wonders open before their eyes! A pity :(

swathy
13th January 2005, 08:55 PM
pavalamani ur view is different but acceptable i thought our people (im also maduraite) will get more business opportunities by the tourists. we'll get international fame. but i also agree with your idea. because being a maduraite i can even count how many times i would have visited the temple. alukku pidicha north indians spitting beeda all around the temple and still other problems by the tourists.

pavalamani pragasam
13th January 2005, 10:06 PM
Thanks, Swathy! I firmly believe we should view the matter from a practical point of view. It is more than 3 decades since I got away from my birthplace with many visits a year there. With each visit I see the difference in the increase of the floating population & mushrooming business halls around the temple. With my parents house near Puthu Mandapam & my maternal grandparents near South Avani Moola Street imagine my childhood life evolving around the temple. My parents' house is now caught in the middle of a noisy bazaar! So much business goes on around the temple. (I myself cant control myself from yielding to my urge for shopping sprees!). The Avani, Maasi, Chiththirai & Veli streets in all 4 directions of our wonderful city are already bursting at the seams. The traffic is an ordeal to pass through. If this the condition with increasing devotees visiting from all over India, what will it be with international crowds! I am scared to think of it! The local residents will be most affected. So in my opinion let us rest satisfied with the wide acclaim our Temple has now( although some rare ignorant, insensitive people may not agree) & and continue to live there with the peace allowed with the changing times naturally without inviting wantonly unwanted difficulties.

NM
14th January 2005, 06:43 AM
( although some rare ignorant, insensitive people may not agree)

Mrs PP : :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

r_kk
14th January 2005, 09:44 AM
Is this selection process approved by UNESCO or any other similar recognized bodies?

Why Government of Tamil Nadu is not taking any effort if it is a real selection process?

Can any one please answer?

It seems the private body is making lot of money through the international phone call they charge (50% goes to Bumiyan they say, where the balance 50% goes?). They also said that after the preliminary selection process, there will be another round of voting. I feel (based on my brief review of their web site) that some private association is making money out of people’s emotions.

Another one question... what is the final benefit to the temple? Will they donate any money for it renovation for uplift or some colorful paper certificate?

What is the real use of having more crowd? Please note that in Delhi Bhai temple (lotus temple), the people those who come for prayer is less than 1% (my assumption based on many visit) of tourist. I feel that the true purpose of any worshipiing place will be out for the particular religious segement and it will become another crowd packed commercial tourist place!!!

These are just my views and you explantion may help to correct my vies if I am wrong.

pavalamani pragasam
14th January 2005, 03:21 PM
This racket goes on without any governmental announcement :!: Neither UNESCO or any other authoritative body is involved in this selection process. A leading Tamil magazine informed this news very clearly & warned the public not to be duped. But the swindlers are continuing to make money :(

Surya
15th January 2005, 05:15 AM
////although some rare ignorant, insensitive people may not agree.///
Come on guys, give her a break. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I think that Meenakshi Temple is great. Obvisouly many people here agree. But everyone doesn't have the same opinion on everything, we are all different.

And about the outburst the other day,
I agree that one shouldn't downgrade their motherland, etc. And I'm sure that she doesn't really think that "India is the worst country in the world." Who knows what issues she was having that day. We all have bad days right? And don't we humans have a tendency to say things that we don't mean when we're angry?

Anywayz, got off the topic there.

I hope that Madhurai Meenakshi temple wins. Although I saw many other things on that list which were also good, like the Tanjavoore, Bragadheeshwarar temple. That's a architectural wonder also. One of the Gopurams there is built in such a way, that the shadow doesn't fall on the ground. The Shadow of the Gopuram, falls on itself. It's quite amazing. Anyone been there?

Regards. 8)

Dr. Veena
15th January 2005, 08:40 AM
Thanks Surya, for understanding me...You are rite.........I don't think India is the worst country.......just got pissed off by the fact that I'm stagnant here forever while others (relatives & friends) get to go abroad..

Thanks, buddy. You r awesome.
Love & regards,
Veena

prithivim
8th February 2005, 10:26 AM
Hi Friends

I can find tremendous improvement in the statistics. Daily 0.01% votes for Madurai. If this continues for the whole year. Madurai will come to first place :lol: :D :lol: :D

Surya
8th February 2005, 10:47 AM
Oh my god! U can't be serious! :o
We have no chance! :(

swathy
14th February 2005, 09:42 AM
Top Nominees

Wall of China, China: 10.96 %
Potala Palace, Lhasa, Tibet, China: 8.48 %
Taj Mahal, India: 7.73 %
Colosseum, Rome, Italy: 6.97 %
Pyramids of Chichen Itza, Yucatan, Mexico: 6.30 %