PDA

View Full Version : Pick of the Week: Aug 2006 - Sep 2007

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Neel D
3rd July 2007, 07:57 AM
Thanks RR. I can't recall any SPB-VJ song either. There is a BMK-VJ duet "thanggam vairam navamaNigaL". It is a great song.

Thanks SN23. I have "mannavan thannai". I will host it soon. Yours is the first requested song that I actually have.

gingerbeehk
3rd July 2007, 07:58 AM
Another nice song. Vaanamum Boomiyum one of the best song of MSV. Excellent pick.

Jack

Neel D
3rd July 2007, 08:04 AM
All,

I would like to invite all of you to join the TfmPagePoW egroup. As a group member you will receive an email notification when a new song is posted at PoW thread. Here is the link to the group. Please enroll.

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/tfmpagepow/

tvsankar
3rd July 2007, 08:21 AM
Dear Neel,
Thanks for the link.Anal enna, Thalaiyai suthi mookai thottalum, No Chance to hear the POK song.

Through the home page only, i could hear the song.

Thirupathi il swamy Dharisanam madhiri,(Idhu konjam adhigapadiyana uvamai than, anyway)

Enru, eppodhu , home page open agumo, appodhu dhan POK padalai kekka mudiyum.Ketta udan ennidam irundhu response varum......

rajeshkrv
4th July 2007, 06:55 AM
class song by PS thanks NEELD

Neel D
4th July 2007, 08:04 AM
Thanks Jack and rajeshkrv.

Usha, please enroll in the egroup. You will get a link straight to the song post. May be that will work.

Neel D
4th July 2007, 08:11 AM
Pick #497

Song: rAjayyA en mElE
Film: Vallavan Varugiraan
Music: Rajesh
Singers: S.P.Balasubramanyam, B.S.Sasirekha
Lyrics: ?
Year: 1979

There may be not very many duets in SPB-BSS combination. One other duet I remember is "solli tharavA" from the film "Uzhavan Magan" which was scored by Manoj-Gyan. Not sure if "rAjayyA" is an original score, considering the name of the film is "Vallavan Varugiraan", which sounds like one of those Idli Western flicks from Modern Theaters. Regardless it is original or not, it is a nice pop song and one has to appreciate the wonderful job by the orchestra and the singers. Not sure who is the music director, got the name from cinesouth's database. Several months ago POW featured another song "Urvasi mEnagai", a solo by BSS, from the same film.

http://tfmpage.com/stream/pow07/rajayya_en_mele.rm

tvsankar
4th July 2007, 08:26 AM
Dear Neel,
Group link um indha TFMPAGE Link ku than kutindu varadhu.So, as usual,"page is not found" nu message varadhu.Kekka mudiyalai....

Neel D
4th July 2007, 08:40 AM
Usha - ithu varaikkum vanthum ungaLaal pattu kEtka mudiavillaiyA? It can be very frustrating. I misunderstood that you couldn't even get this far. The email link still does not solve your problem. Sorry about that.

gingerbeehk
4th July 2007, 08:51 AM
Thanks for Another unusual song. Rajesh is the one of the favourite MD of Moderen Theatres productions. And all his tunes are lifted fm Hindi songs. Intially Veda was the favourite MD for modern theatres films. After several movieis done by Rajesh to modern theatres, Shankar-Ganesh taken the place for several movies in end of 70's and 80's. After 80's modern theatres stop producing movies.

I am looking for Modern theatre & Rajesh combination "Kaali Kovil Kabaali" songs (all songs) for long times. "Vennila Velli Thattu" is an unforgateble song in KKK, even it is copied. If someone have KKK songs pls make it available.

Jack

RR
4th July 2007, 10:55 AM
Dear Neel,
Group link um indha TFMPAGE Link ku than kutindu varadhu.So, as usual,"page is not found" nu message varadhu.Kekka mudiyalai....
How about this link?

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/rajayya_en_mele.rm

tvsankar
4th July 2007, 12:37 PM
Dear RR,
THANKS FOR THE GREAT LINK. Indha link work aradhu.Rajaiya pattai ketka mudigiradhu.

Dear Neel,
No problem.Edhuvum correcta nadandhundae irundha arumai theiryadhu.Thadangalum kalandhadhu
dhnae life???

Expect panni kekka mudiyamal, unexepected a
kekka padum padalil adhan ninaivil innum
inimai adhigam dhan.....

Ippodhu RR kudutha link work agi, Rajjaiya song
matum ketka mudindhadhu.Ellavatrukum neram varanam pola iruku....

vazhakkam pola, indha padalum en schooldays ai, naan school ku avasaramaga kilambiya tharunathaiyum ninaivu paduthugiradhu......

Thanks for the Rare Neel...

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

RR
4th July 2007, 03:06 PM
Usha shankar,

At last :) To listen to previous songs, just replace tfmpage.com with raretfm.mayyam.com.

yvsmani
5th July 2007, 01:09 PM
eththanai varudangal aghi vittana intha pattai kettu....... I think it had some air time when this song was released. thanks Neel.

madhu
5th July 2007, 06:36 PM
Hi Neel..

another song "semmari aadE" from "uzhavan magan" is also by SPB -BSS appadinnu ninaikirEn.. sariyA ? :roll:

rajeshkrv
5th July 2007, 07:43 PM
semmari aade was by a new singer radhika

vel1970
5th July 2007, 08:03 PM
HO lot of changes...!! Need is the anchor for PoW :) Great Neel

Many good songs you hosted incl the SPB+Sasireka song. BTW, semmari aade seemari aade is also by SPB+Sasireka alongwith Vidya who sings "diyyala diyyala diyyalo ellam therinja" something like that for aadu maiykkum paiyan

Neel D
6th July 2007, 06:54 AM
Usha, that is one way to look at it, and it is true. I am glad your access problem is fixed.

Jack, you are welcome and thanks for the information about Rajesh and Modern Theaters.

yvsmani, you are welcome. I only remember Urvasi mEnagai playing on the radio. Nice to know that this song had some air time too. Every song should get a chance to reach people.

madhu, "semmaRi AdE" does have BSS. But it seems like Vidya sings most of the female part. I think BSS sings only the slightly higher pitch parts. Correct? However, the song is a really beautiful composition.

Thanks vel1970.

Neel D
6th July 2007, 07:10 AM
Pick #498

Song: kayalvizi kArigaiyE
Film: Then Chittukal
Music: Vijayaramani
Singers: T.M.Sounderarajan, Vani Jairam
Year: 1984

Today's song is one of those fusions that they kept trying out in the 70s and 80s where the score alternates between Carnatic music and Western contemporary music, instead of seamlessly blending the two. Kunnakkudi Vaidyanthan really overdid this alternating style. But today's alternating version is by Vijayaramani. We will cut him some slack and appreciate his effort in trying something different. Also, the song situation seems to have required it. However, the end product is very good and I actually wished that the duration was a little longer, especially the classical part.

The lyrics of the song is the usual kind. TMS is still great nearly 30 years into his playback career. VJ is perfect as always.

Was this film released? Apparently it starred some guy named Prakash opposite Subhashini.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/kayalvizi_tc.rm

tvsankar
6th July 2007, 08:26 AM
Dear RR ,
Neengal link kodutha vellai, adhai check panna velai illai.

Vazhakkam pol, TFM home page open aradhu.So ennal padal ketka mudigiradhu.

Neengal kodutha rare tfm.com enra link ku ippodahiku velai ilai.

That is Life....

Dear Neel,
Link kidaithu prob seri ana nerathil. 2 naatkalaga tfm home page work aradhu.Ella padalgalaiyum keten.

Inraiya padalaiyum keten. Idhu varai ketkadha oru padal idhu.

SN23
6th July 2007, 02:09 PM
Neel: female part of semmari Adu song is mostly by BSS. Vidya sang the part as Vel said.

One question: is this VijayaramaNi = RamNa Sridhar / Raghavendar? I guess this song is not very appeaaling as the change of one stlye to another is very predicible and monotonous. TMS & VJ a different pair...

Neel D
6th July 2007, 07:14 PM
Usha,
Yes, it is a very rare song. I have never heard it before until I discovered it a few months ago.

SN23,
It must be BSS all the way except diya diya diyalo. I guess I was hearing voices in my head :-)
I have heard that Vijayaramani is another name of T.S.Raghavendar who played Revathi's father in Vaidehi Kaathirundhal. I am not a fan of alternating style either, except may be some older ones which were novel at the time. However, the classical part of "kayalvizi" reminds me of "muththamiz sonthanggaL" which is a lovely song from Maadi Veettu Ezhai.

madhu
6th July 2007, 07:30 PM
Hi Neel..

piiiiinch... I too remember mAdi veetu Ezhai song when I listened this one.

gingerbeehk
7th July 2007, 10:59 AM
Hi friends,

i would like request to get following RARE songs, if someone having please make it available.

1)SONG: RAMBA..URVASI..MENAKA
MOVIE: VEDANAI THEDIYA MAAN
MUSIC: SHANKAR-GANESH
SINGER: S.P.B & S.P.S

2)SONG: KANNAN ANGE..RAATHAI INGE
MOVIE: MAANGUDI MINOR
MUSIC: M.S.VISHVANATHAN
SINGER: VANI JEYARAM

3)SONG: KALYAANA MAALAI..KONDADUM VELAI
MOVIE: RAAMAN PARASURAAMAN
MUSIC: CHAKRAVARTHY??????
SINGER: S.P.B & P.SUSHEELA

4)SONG: VANTHALE ORU MAHARASI
MOVIE: SHANKAR-SALEEM-SAIMON
MUSIC: M.S.VISHVANATHAN
SINGER: S.P.B & P.SUSHEELA

5)SONG: PALLAVA NAATTU RAJAKUMARIKKU
MOVIE: IVAL ORU SEETHAI
MUSIC:??????
SINGER: S.P.BALASUBRAMANIYAM

Thanks in advance,
Jack

madhu
7th July 2007, 11:03 AM
enakku kooda...

oru very rare song vENum..

song ; Idhaym idhaym muzhudhum mOgangaL
film : idhayam pEsugiRadhu
singers : SPB & SJ

Neel D
9th July 2007, 04:44 AM
Jack, I may have one or two of the songs you requested. Expect soon.

Madhu, I don't have that song. :-(

Neel D
9th July 2007, 06:28 AM
Pick #499

Song: vAn mElE vaNNanggaL
Film: En Paadal Unakkaaga
Music: Ilaiyaraja
Singers: Mano, Chitra
Year: 1990

En Paadal Unakkaga is the dubbed version of the Telugu film "Sankeertana" released in 1987. After the dubbing success of Idhaythai Thirudathey, this film was probably dubbed into Tamil in 1990. The film starred Nagarjuna and Ramya Krishnan. Don't know how many people watched this dubbed version. I didn't. The Telugu original had its songs sung by heavy weights SJ,SPB,KJY,VJ and SPS. The dubbed Tamil version is all by Mano and Chitra who were relatively newcomers. The songs in the film are generally good but IR has given so many like these already, they probably went unnoticed in the mix.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/van_mele_epu.rm

gingerbeehk
9th July 2007, 07:25 AM
I think nothing special in this song. It is one of the typical IR's 80's tune, as you said lots of tunes look a like.

Thanks Neel D...i am very curiously expecting my required songs soon.

Jack

tvsankar
9th July 2007, 08:16 AM
Dear Neel,
Thanks for the song.Cassette il irndha padala? Audio quality sumar dhan.

Indha sila padal kidaikuma?

1. Vaadiyamma pon magalae

2.ADi kanmani vanna pongodi

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

tvsankar
9th July 2007, 08:28 AM
Dear Neel,
One more song

Thekkathi cheemaiyil
akkachi paadura
themmangu enna solladi pennae
chekka chevandhavo
vekka padum padi
pakkathi nirpadhu nanadi pennae

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

Neel D
9th July 2007, 08:46 AM
Jack,
ippadi sollitteengaley? intha paattai pidikka naan padaatha paadu pattEn :-)

Usha,
Yes, it is from a tape. Sounds a little better in cda format. But RealAudio brings out the sounds you can't normally hear :-)
Your requests are tough. I will try.

yvsmani
9th July 2007, 02:08 PM
TMS - VJ pattu, ennavo pidikkavae illai. idhuvarai intha pattai ketkaathathu nallathu endrae thonadriyathu compared to their duets like ammanaai azhaghu migum, chozhanin magalae vaa sundara thamizhae vaa.

Mano - KSC pattu ok, intha pattum idhuvarai kettathillai.

sorry Neel, neenga kashtapattu upload seithu iruppeenga....but, i feel i have to be fare in my comments abt those songs.

Neel D
9th July 2007, 10:22 PM
yvsmani, no problem :-) Vijayaramani is no MSV. About the Mano-KSC song, I spared everyone from listening to the Mano song where he coughs up his throat, lungs and the intestines (that sounds gross). Don't know why male singers have to cough up and die in films. This link has a lot of hype about Sankeertana.
http://www.telugucinema.com/c/publish/movieretrospect/retro_sankeertana.php

RC
10th July 2007, 05:42 AM
I second Jack's comment on vaan mele
and mani-na's comment on TMS-VJ song. Started to hear the song; stopped it and moved on.

Neel D: :(

gingerbeehk
10th July 2007, 07:21 AM
Neel D, mannikkavum. Naan unga muyarchiyai kurai solla villai. Infact, you are doing excellent contribution to this forum. I just exposed what i fell on that song. To be honest, its an very usual IR style...thats all. Neenga unga muyairchiyai thodarnthu pannunga thalaiva...

Jack

Neel D
11th July 2007, 01:44 AM
Pick #500

Song: pallava nAttu
Film: Ival Oru Seethai
Music: V.Kumar
Singer: S.P.Balasubramanyam
Year: 1978

A great song from the melody maker V.Kumar. Though under-utilized by the film industry he left his mark, strongly and permanently, in tamil film music. The song is all about melody. The lovely interlude following the first pallavi is so "V.Kumar". And SPB does a fine job giving what the composition demands. He does not overdo anything and lets the melody reign. Don't know much about the film. It apparently starred Vijayakumar and Sumitra.

This song is a nEyar(Jack) viruppam.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/pallava_nattu.rm

RC
11th July 2007, 03:48 AM
NeelD: I was just thinking about Ival oru Seethai this morning wondering what songs there were in this. A wonderful song. Thanks for hosting it. :)

baroque
11th July 2007, 05:33 AM
NeelD hosting yenakku pudichaa song :D
thanks a lot, Sir!! What a Abheri delight!

I love these breezy, eternal songs!

Simplicity is Virtue! indha pattu yellam very appealing!

anbu megamey...
yamuna nadhi ingey...
ponnendrum poovendrum...
yendhan devanin paadal...
Oorgalam pogindra...
thirumagal thedi...
Poonthenil kalandhu...
Thendralukku yendrum...
Kalyana kovilil...
Kannanai ninaikkadha....
Paniyilladha maargazhi...
Kannil therigindra...

I think most of them are Shri.MSV/Kannadasan compositions.

gingerbeehk
11th July 2007, 07:40 AM
Hats off Neel D, Millions of thanks for host one of my requested song in such short while....you are simply great person ya. Intha paadalai ketkum podellaam ennai ariyaamal oruvidha paravasam en udampil earpadum. Neenda naatkalukku appuram indru antha paravasam adainthen. Matra paadalgalum seekirame varum endru etirpaarkkiren.

Baroque, I am having most of the songs fm ur request. Also, i do have more collections in mp3 and Ram formats. I wish to share with other friends in this lovely site. But, i don't know how to post them in this forum. I think, if i send to Neel D, he will host them. If so, pls send me your mail id to:

gingerbeehk@gmail.com

Or any other suggestions? Please share with us.

Jack

baroque
11th July 2007, 08:22 AM
Jack, thanks a lot for the generous offer!
This site has some of those songs... thanks to them! :ty:

http://www.kannadhasanlive.com/Kannadhasan,MSV&Others.html
:D vinatha.

gingerbeehk
11th July 2007, 12:56 PM
Baroque, Thanks for giving a Kavinger's site. But, most of the songs is not penned by Kannadhasan. I am wondering, how come? they post others song in kavingar's site?while kavinger wrote thousands of songs which available commonly anywhere, why they want to give credit others songs to kavinger? shame. Also, if they give more details such as movie names would be more helpful.

Jack

SN23
11th July 2007, 01:47 PM
A-1 Song by SPB. Thanks Neel.

Enne oru iLamai thuLLal in this song? Pity that it was used for grim-faced Vijayakumar. As usual story on the same lines of another crab movie "sonnadhu nee thAnA", here too same pair of Vijayakumar and Sumithra. Husband suspecting wife :-(

There is one solo by PS too in this movie. Was it for Y.Vijaya? Not sure.

yvsmani
11th July 2007, 02:44 PM
ramki, neel : thanks for hosting 500 songs (many rare and superb songs). keep it up.

500th song is a special, superb song for many hubbers. arumaiyana paadal, nalla music, ilamaiyaana thelivaana kuralil SPB.

aruvi
12th July 2007, 08:00 AM
pallava naattu rajakumarikku is one of my favourite old songs of SPB. does anyone else notice how close SPB charan's voice is to his father.

Neel D
12th July 2007, 09:44 AM
RC, you are welcome. When you reminisce on old films if you remember any interesting details please share with us.

baroque, you are welcome. It is true. Simplicity, combined with sincerity, always wins. Thanks for the link.

Jack, you are wecome. I really like the way you indulge in the songs. I am glad the song made your day, or at least a part of the day. Please feel free to contribute any rare songs you have.

SN23, you are welcome. Your request is coming soon.

yvsmani, thanks for the wishes.

aruvi, I haven't listened to many songs by Charan. But I wonder if the similarity in the voices helps or hurts one's career. For some reason, all second generation singers have a hard time establishing a playback career.

SN23
12th July 2007, 12:14 PM
Exactly Neel. Similarity in voice realy spoiled many talented singers. Charan, no doubt, a good singer. I have listened to him. Though femalish, his voice is very flexible. Unfortunately, no break-thru for him. Same is with TMS's sons, PS's daughter-in-law Sandhya etc. Even Thiruchy Loganathan's sons and Seerghazhi's Siva chidambaram did not touch heights in their career. Vijay yesudas...? no need to tell. All of these people have talent but acceptance from the MDs and Mass is very low.

Neel D
13th July 2007, 06:11 AM
SN23, Yugendran too.

Neel D
13th July 2007, 06:12 AM
Pick #501

Song: mannavan thannaiyE
Film: Deiva Thirumanangal
Music: M.S.Viswanathan
Singer: P.Susheela
Lyrics: Kannadasan
Year: 1981

A short description of the romantic longing of a woman in love, in PS's sweet voice.

Sripriya, who is unabashedly in love with Lord Srinivasa, is lying in bed covered in flowers. The flowers wither from her body heat.

ponnudal kothiththathu
pUvelAm thudiththathu

Fever! Till you sizzle... What a lovely way to burn!

This song is a nEyar(SN23) viruppam.
http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/mannavan_dt.rm

aruvi
13th July 2007, 09:15 AM
On the part of SPB Charan, I will agree to an extent. MDs in Telugu though, have used him more extensively than in Tamil. He is as versatile as his father. I am not sure if he has as much baggage to carry as Vijay Yesudas(considering KJY's status in Kerala).

madhu
13th July 2007, 09:26 AM
thanks Neel..

pisuru illAdha PS kural.. wow !

romba naaLAchu indha pAttu kEttu :P

gingerbeehk
13th July 2007, 01:12 PM
Neel D, I was so excited when i find one of my requested song stand in celebrity 500th song. I am so glad to get it. Nandri thalaivaa.

Jack

SN23
13th July 2007, 04:09 PM
Fantastic song Neel. Mikka nandri Ayya :-) after so many years I am listening to this song.

Very expressive lyrics on longingness. Is is vAli? MSV completely left the song to PS with just a shruthi box, it seems. TheLLa theLivAna kural; no compromise on clarity; excellent conversion of lyrics to rendition (such a bhAvam). Above all, there is no virasam in this song.

Would you please send me the mp3 version, Neel? TIA.

yvsmani
13th July 2007, 05:09 PM
hearing this song for the first time. kana kaanum kangal mella song thoththu ponathu pol thoandrugirathu. PS-in thelivaana kural, pattu aarambikkum pothu irukkum oru vitha visumbal......
its a very rare song for me, Neel. thanks

Neel D
14th July 2007, 09:49 PM
madhu, Jack, SN23 & yvsmani,
You are welcome.

aruvi,
Yes, there is no explanation why it works for one and not for the other, why it works in one place and not in the other. It is a very unpredictable industry.

Neel D
16th July 2007, 04:38 AM
Pick #502

Song: aththa peththa malliyappu
Film: Pei Veedu
Music: Shankar-Ganesh
Singer: T.K.S.Natarajan

Mondays are very slow here at POW. It takes a long time to warm up. Fridays and weekends are another story. Well, back to monday. Mondays are very slow here at POW. So, this monday I decided to quickly warm up the day with a really riotous and fun song. T.K.S.Natarajan does a wonderful job, doing what he does best.

I wish TFM industry had used TKSN more. Traditional folk artistes such as TKSN, Kollangudi Karuppaayi, Paravai Muniyamma, Pushpavanam Kuppusaami, etc. do not even last ten songs in TFM. If folk artistes could not flourish in TFM in the 80s when they made several rural subject films, we may as well forget about today.

Anyway, let us get tapping and dancing with mAman peththa natarAjan.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/aththa_peththa.rm

tvsankar
16th July 2007, 08:18 AM
Dear Neel and RR,
Oru vazhiyaga indha raretfm link work aradhu.Padalgal keten..... :D
Thanks for the Great Link.

RR
16th July 2007, 08:23 AM
T.K.S.Natarajan does a wonderful job, doing what he does best.
Second it.

Recently when Imman did a remix/rehash of 'ennadi muniyamma' in vaathiyaar, TKSN appeared in visuals of song. But sadly his voice could hardly be heard.

Neel D
16th July 2007, 07:11 PM
Still cold!

Usha, you are welcome. I have not forgotten your requests. Be on the lookout.

RR, they remixed MKT. Poor TKSN emmaaththiram. Only in TFM remixing can be a part of mainstream music. That is like watching soap operas at prime time.

Jack, your request "kalyANa mAlai" is available at psusheela.org.

RC
17th July 2007, 07:24 AM
பள்ளிக் கூட வயதில் பேய் வீடு படம் பார்த்த ஞாபகம். அந்த வயதில் அப்போது வெளியாகும் எல்லா படங்களையும் பார்த்து விட வேண்டும் என்ற ஆர்வம். இப்போது நினைத்தாலும் இந்த படங்களையெல்லாம் கூட பார்த்தோமா என்ற மலைப்பு...

அப்பாவி அம்பிகா சொந்தங்களால் சொத்துக்காக கொல்லப்பட அவர் ஆவியாக வன்து பழிவாங்குவாதாக படம் என்று ஞாபகம். படத்தில் என்னை அப்போது கவர்தது பழைய பாடல்களை தோரணமாக்கி குண்டு கல்யாணம் பிந்துகோஷ் முதல் இரவில் பாடுவதாக அமைத்தது. மற்றொரு நல்ல பாடல் படத்தில் இருந்தது போல் ஞாபகம்.

ஆனால் இந்த பாட்டு எப்போது என்பது நினைவில் இல்லை. TKஸ் நடராஜனின் இந்த பாடல் அப்போது மிக பிரபலமாக இருந்தது. வார ஆரம்பத்thai நல்ல முறையில் ஆரம்பித்து வைத்து இருக்கிறீர்கள் Neel D. மற்ற பாடல்களை ஆவலோடு எதிர்பார்த்து காத்திருக்கும்...

RC

RR
17th July 2007, 07:40 AM
குண்டு கல்யாணம் பிந்துகோஷ் முதல் இரவு
யம்மா.. இது பேய்வீட்டை விட பயம்மா இருக்கு!

RC
17th July 2007, 07:45 AM
சித்தப்பா நீங்களே பயந்தால் பச்ச புள்ள என் நிலமை என்னவென்று நீங்களே யூகித்துக்கொள்ளுங்கள் :)

Neel D
18th July 2007, 06:26 AM
Thanks RC. Yes, there is a kadhambam song with BSS & ?, and then a solo by SJ.

Neel D
18th July 2007, 06:41 AM
Pick #503

Song: azagiya thirumugam
Film: Paadhapoojai
Music: Jaya-Vijaya
Singer: Vani Jairam
Year: 1974

I believe that Jaya-Vijaya are two men. That is how much know about them. "azagiya thirumugam", its other version, and the wonderful duet "ha! sugam sugam ithu" by TMS & VJ are all lovely songs from "Paadhapoojai". But don't know why Jaya-Vijaya did not become famous.

Last year when VJ was in New York at a convention, a lady doctor came and talked to VJ and kept praising her performance in "sugam sugam ithu" the whole time. I don't think she talked about anything else.

In "azagiya thirumugam" VJ proves, again, that she is one powerhouse of a singer. This song is the solo version of a somewhat popular duet known by another opening line. You have to listen to the song to find that out.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/azagiya_thiru.rm

tvsankar
18th July 2007, 08:22 AM
Dear Neeel,
Thanks for the nice pick.Neenda natkalaga thedi kondu irundha padal.
"Kannadi amma un idhaum "enru solli irundhal udanae therindhu irukum.During my 7th, Radio cylone il ketta nyabagam.NIce Tune.Beautiful Bhavam by VJ.

Indha padalae innoru version irukiradha by Ps and VJ ???
PS and VJ - Irandu perin kuralil indha padlai ketta nyabagam.........

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

raagadevan
18th July 2007, 08:40 AM
Neel D:

Yes, Jayan and Vijayan (Jaya-Vijaya) are two people. They are twin brothers. IMO, their greatest film song was "nakshathRa dheepangaL thiLangi..." from the the Malayalam movie "niRakudam"

They are the ones who first introduced KJY to his guru Chembai Vaidyanadha Bhagavathar.

For more information about Jaya-Vijaya, please click below:

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2005/10/28/stories/2005102801250300.htm

Neel D
18th July 2007, 09:07 AM
Usha,
You are welcome. Yes, the duet is by PS & VJ, and that is the song I was hinting.

raagadevan,
Thanks for the link. Now I know more about Jaya-Vijaya. Though they enjoy singing, I wish they had composed more film songs. I have not heard "nakshatRa dheepangaL". But I have heard their "manju pozhiyunnu" sung by VJ. It is a classic.

raagadevan
18th July 2007, 09:57 AM
Neel D:

Here is "nakshathRa dheepangaL..."

http://www.malayalavedhi.com/Music/Music.php?q=f&f=%2FFilm__Songs%2FN

madhu
18th July 2007, 10:01 AM
HI Neel..

I think this tune comes 3 times in the film..
and this one comes during Jaya's wedding arrangements.. ( Jaya after all azhugai... "thayumillai thandhai illai :cry3: "

dances in loooong maxi.. :mrgreen: .. )

Shanmugapriya was also by Jaya-vijaya ! ( But only LRE and PS I think.. no VJ )

( mudhalil adhu reNdu ladies appadinnu ninaichukittu irundhEn :oops: )

gingerbeehk
18th July 2007, 01:19 PM
Nice pick Neel D. beautiful tune with VJ in arumaiyaana kuralil. The music preludes some where Shankar-Ganesh,MSV even VK. whatever one of the everlasting song. I have 1st time heard about Jaya-Vijaya.

Thanks for your information about my required song "Kalyana Maalai", i got it now.

Jack

Murali Srinivas
18th July 2007, 08:20 PM
One more info connected with Jaya- Vijaya is the Malayalam/Tamil actor Manoj.K.Jayan (better known as Urvashi's husband) is the son of Jayan.

Regards

tfmlover
18th July 2007, 08:56 PM
shanmugapriya 'Jaya-Vijaya? ?? That's news to me
PS kundrangal...kurai theerka vandha murugaa..
LRE 'maapillai pOttu vaitha maanikka mookuthi
sad version romba mookaala azhu jayanthi
great Jaya-Vijaya infos , thanks for the song Neel DJ
regards

RC
19th July 2007, 06:04 AM
அழகிய திருமுகம் என்றதும் கேட்ட பாடலாக இல்லயே என்று தோன்றியது.

கண்ணாடி அம்மா உன் இதயம் நான்
அதை பார்த்தால் உன் முகம் காட்டும்
தெய்வீக பந்தம் நம் உறவு

இந்த பாடலை நீண்ட நாட்களுக்கு பின் கேட்கிறேன். வாய்ப்புக்கு நன்றி, Neel D! வாணியின் குரலில் தேனாய் இனிக்கிறது இந்த பாடல்.

Neel D
19th July 2007, 09:34 AM
raagadevan,
Thanks for the link. It is a very good song.

madhu,
Oh yes, that song is a very sad song. I did not know that it was from "Paadhapoojai".

Jack,
You are correct. When I heard it first I thought azagiya thirumugam was by MSV.

Murali,
Thanks for the info.

tfmlover & RC,
You are welcome.

Neel D
20th July 2007, 07:14 AM
Pick #504

Song: thOLin mIthu sAya
Film: Ullam Urugudhadi
Singers: S.Janaki, K.J.Yesudas

"thOlin mIthu sAya" was a popular song when it came out. SJ & KJY enjoy singing this 80s dance number by IR. Love the way the charanams begin... oooooooohhh ooohhh!

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/tholin_mithu.rm

yvsmani
20th July 2007, 09:54 AM
"tholin meethu saaya" - a nice footapping no. and totally forgotten song (atleast by me). somehow, this song makes me to remember the song thoranam aadidum medaiyil naayagan naayagi.

tvsankar
20th July 2007, 10:08 AM
Dear Neel,
Thanks for the Rare one.Indha paatai naan kettdhae illai.Nice tune.
Indha padathil vera enna songs iruku?

SN23
20th July 2007, 11:16 AM
Neel.. you do really treasure hunt :-) IR ulta'fied his own composition. Anyway good song.

Waguely remember Cho had written vasanam for this film. Suresh & "Kozhi Koovudhu" Viji lead artists??

SN23
20th July 2007, 11:26 AM
Neel: Oru chinna request. Can you please list the other songs of ullam urugudhadi.

Another chinna request. There was a film called "hello yAr pesardhu?". nAn porandhu rendu ilai kooda muLaikkala... appa vandhadhu endru kELvi. Do you have any idea about the cast, songs etc?

Murali Srinivas
20th July 2007, 01:18 PM
Dear SN,

If my memory serves me right, Hello Yaar Peasaruthu was directed by Ramarajan and had Pandian as the Hero. Heroine, I am not sure. Again I believe it was released in 1985.

Regards

Neel D
20th July 2007, 06:51 PM
yvsmani, thanks.

Usha & SN23,
Other songs from Ullam Urugudhadi are
1) must be an item number, or heroine teasing hero number
aththa magan vanthAnE
aththanaiyum thanthAnE
by VJ
2) Hero revenge-teasing heroine, or hero just teasing, or just a college function stage performance
pallaviyE
nIyum konjam
pakkaththile vAmmA
by SPB
3) Comedy song. One man wants to go to Kasi and become a sanyasi. Other man asks him not to go.
maNdaiyilE mottai ittu
neththiyilE pottum ittu
by SPB & MV

I have not seen the film. The situations are just my guess based on how the song sounds... he..he...

SN23,
RC-யைப் போல நீங்களும் பச்சைப்பிள்ளைதான் :-)

Murali, thanks for the info. I had no idea about that film.

RC
20th July 2007, 09:23 PM
As Murali-ji said, Hello Yaar Pesuradhu was directed by Ramarajan. I'm not sure if Pandiyan was the hero. I think it was a thriller(?). Jeevitha could be the heroine...

Neel D: Neenga ennaya vechu comedy panreengaLaa? naan meyyalumE pachcha puLLa thaan... :P

Neel D
20th July 2007, 11:16 PM
RC,
தப்பா நினைச்சுக்காதீங்க! ஏதோ ஜோக் அடிக்கிற ஜோர்ல உங்க பேரையும் இழுத்துவிட்டுட்டேன். காலையிலே காபி கொஞ்சம் அதிகமா குடிச்சிட்டேன்னு நினைக்கிறேன்.

RC
21st July 2007, 05:02 AM
Neel D: adhu edhuna special coffee-aa? :)
Idha pattu kEtta gnabagam illai... SN23 sonnaapla pala paadalgaLin kalavai pOla irukku..

sila idangaLil
varudhu varudhu vilagu vilagu paatin saayal!

KJY - vecha paarvai theerathad saayalil paadi irukkiraar.

Neel D
23rd July 2007, 02:17 AM
RC, நிச்சயமாக ஸ்பெஷல் காபிதான். சோம்பேறிகளின் ஸ்பெஷல். நயம் இன்ஸ்டன்ட் காபி. :-)

Neel D
23rd July 2007, 02:35 AM
Pick #505

Song: nAn kAthal kiLi
Film: Thaaikku Oru Pillai
Music: Shankar-Ganesh
Singers: P.Susheela, S.P.Balasubramanyam
Year: 1972

Again an obscure film with at least one beautiful song. I am sure there are other good songs in the film but I only have this one. A lovely melody from the duo Shankar-Ganesh. Great early 70s feel and takes you back in time in an instant.

This song is kind of a nEyar(Usha) viruppam. Because I don't have any of the PS-SPB duets requested by Usha, I am presenting this nice duet from the same pair.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/nan_kathal_kili.rm

balaji
23rd July 2007, 05:24 AM
Neel D

Nalla Padal

If my memory serves right the movie had Jai, Savithri, AVM Rajan and Nirmala (could be Lakshmi or Kumari Padmini not sure). I saww the movie when I was 5 year old or something, still remember AVM Rajan takes care of Savithri after ditched by her husband I think. Jai is Savithri son. AVM R brings up and sings the marvellous AMR song (how I miss his songs ..)

This movie had a wonderful AMR song "Chinna Kannane, Naan Thandhai ena, nee pillai ena oru Bandham vandhahu...', when Jai as a baby kicks AVM R..

Though I have heard the POW song, the AMR used to be played often

Bala

madhu
23rd July 2007, 07:17 AM
Hi Neel..

Nice song .. I remember one more song "kalyana raman kOlam kaNdaaL" by SPB,PS..

Balaji.. adhu veNNira aadai nirmala-thaan :P

gingerbeehk
23rd July 2007, 07:58 AM
Arumaiyaana paadal. I never heard this song before, but i heard another beatiful song in the same movie " Chinna kannane" by AMR. Thanks for post extreme rare song.

Jack

tvsankar
23rd July 2007, 08:22 AM
Dear Neel,
Thanks for the song.Balaji sonnadhum nanum partha ninaivu varugiradhu.(Anal ennudaiya 3std std .. :lol: )

"Chinna Kannanae " - enaku migavum piditha padal.Appa , kid ku padum oru RARE SONG.. I think.
Indha padalaiyum oru naal host pannunga Neel.

Neel D
23rd July 2007, 06:30 PM
balaji,
Thanks for the details about the film. chinna kaNNanE is a very good song. I did not know it was from the same film.

madhu,
Thanks. So, the film has at least three good songs. I can't recall kalyAna rAman. But I am sure it is a good song.

Jack,
You are welcome.

Usha,
You are welcome. I may have chinna kaNNanE somewhere. If I find it I will post it.

Neel D
23rd July 2007, 07:33 PM
All,

To get an email notification when a new song is posted at POW thread, please enroll in POW yahoo group. Click on the link:

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/tfmpagepow/

Thanks.

vel1970
23rd July 2007, 07:41 PM
Neel: SG with SPB/PS had given lot of good songs?? Never heard this Kadhal song. Thank you pal :-)

RC
24th July 2007, 12:39 AM
(என்னால்) மறக்கப்பட்ட அற்புதமான
"செல்ல கண்ணனே நான் தந்தையென நீ பிள்ளையென.."
பாடலை நினைவூட்டியதற்க்கு மிக்க நன்றி!

balaji
24th July 2007, 03:23 PM
Thanks to Madhu for confirming. Thanks to others as well.

Neel D

If you get hold of "Kalayana Raman kolam Kondan, Kannale Seethai.." song please do host.

I used to like SG of those days and used to love the "Vakkuruthi " song. "Kanne Thedi Vandhadhu Yogam.." - TMS/PS - JAI/Nirmala I suppose.

If that song is available, please do host

Bala

Neel D
25th July 2007, 02:35 AM
balaji, I don't have those songs now. But I will try to get them.

Neel D
25th July 2007, 02:37 AM
Pick #506

Song: muppathu paisA
Film: Pookkari
Singer: L.R.Eswari
Lyrics: Vaali
Year: 1973

From Pazahkkari to Pookkari, from stripper girl to fatafat girl, LRE has sung for all kinds of professions. The Pookkari was still going strong, some 15 years after her entry into TFM, holding on to her permanent second place. LRE was all natural talent, no formal training. I wish they had composed songs specially for her voice and talent, instead of fitting her into whatever character they liked, or disliked. But that is TFM.

Today's song was very popular along with the other great songs from the same film. "muppathu paisA", "kAthalin ponvIthiyil", "muththuppal sirippennavO" were all hits. I don't know if the film was a hit, but it was a good film.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/muppathu.rm

gingerbeehk
25th July 2007, 07:36 AM
30 paisa, another excellent piece of L.R.Eswari. Thanks for host this song.

Neel D & Balaji, I have "Vaakkuruthi" song "Kanne Thedi" in RAM format. Pls guide me how can i send to you guys? or maybe i will post in the tfm page group. Is that OK?

Jack

RR
25th July 2007, 08:48 AM
Neel,

LRE is one true versatile singer. :thumbsup:

Jack: yes, you can upload in the Files section.

NOV
25th July 2007, 09:03 AM
LRE is one true versatile singer. :thumbsup::banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

sorry guys, :oops: you carry on. :cry:

gingerbeehk
25th July 2007, 09:03 AM
RR,
I have uploaded few sons including "Vaakuruthi" film song.

Jack

SN23
25th July 2007, 11:03 AM
Neel: TFMpage gama gamakkudhu :-) Super singing by LRE. First class fit for her. kalakkittaanga. Roja malli mullai sampangi kadhambhammmm....

I guess this was 2nd film of Mu.Ka.Muthu (first being piLLaiyO piLLai). Manjula acting in title role, sacrificing for the 2nd heroine V.Nirmala. Also guess Jayachitra acted as Thangai of MKMuthu.

Ippa ellam engE muppadhu paisAkku mooNu mozham poo kediakkudhu? oru roja poo kooda thara mAttAnga :-)

Thanks Neel.. I really enjoyed listening to this long-time-not-heard song.

RC
25th July 2007, 06:42 PM
This is an OK song for me... I'm not a big fan of LRE. IMO, off my head, only kaadhOdu thaan naan paaduvEn stands out among all her songs.

I'm with NOV on this....

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

sorry guys, :oops: you carry on. :cry:

sss
25th July 2007, 07:03 PM
Jack,

How can i get Vakurthi song hosted by you? Please advice...
Thanks

SSS

RC
25th July 2007, 07:19 PM
How to navigate to files section?

RR
25th July 2007, 08:08 PM
How to navigate to files section?
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/tfmpagepow/files/

gingerbeehk
25th July 2007, 08:37 PM
Hi RC,

As RR instruct and provide web id, pls go in and enjoy listen the songs. If you guys want me add more, i will do more and more songs. Looking forward feedback from our members.

Jack

Neel D
25th July 2007, 09:52 PM
I think RC was asking a rhetorical question... right RC?

RC
25th July 2007, 11:33 PM
Thanks RR & Jack!
Neel D: I was trying to find the Files section here in the portal.

RC
26th July 2007, 03:43 AM
Thanks Jack! Am able to listen to the songs in the Files section :)

Neel D
26th July 2007, 08:20 AM
vel1970 & Jack, you are welcome.

RR, I totally agree.

SN23, you are correct. LRE knocked it out of the park.

NOV & RC, I respectfully disagree.

tfmlover
26th July 2007, 09:07 AM
i prefer 'Raja veettu pillai' LRE SMS
PoovO poovuuu..
pichippoovu mallippoovu allippoovu aralippoovu
mullappoovu magizhampoovu thaazhampoovu thamarapoovuuuu
sivandhippoo rOjappoo sampangipoovu... uuuuu
Arumbaa irunthadhu nEthu idhu
azhagaa sirikkudhu poothu ..than this
LRE versatile merchandiser
poo , elani , elanthapalam , mango , pacha kuthu , guide ...more
regards

NOV
26th July 2007, 09:48 AM
NOV & RC, I respectfully disagree.:D

the one song of LRE I really like is annai pOla ennai kaaththa anbu deivamE ennai paathukkaakka mattum indha thayakkam En...

i wonder how many of you would have heard the song. :roll:

tfmlover
26th July 2007, 10:09 AM
unnai paadhukaakka mattum ..'manaivi'

RC
27th July 2007, 06:49 AM
NOV & RC, I respectfully disagree.

Neel D: Like I'm entitled to my opinion, You are to yours :) :notworthy:

Neel D
27th July 2007, 07:40 AM
Pick #507

Song: ARenggum thAn uRangga
Film: Manasukkeththa Maharasa
Music: Deva
Singer: S.Janaki, Mano
Lyrics: Kaalidasan
Year: 1989

One can never guess when Deva will spring a surpise. In the wide variety of music that Deva has composed (light, folk, light-classical, pop, gaana) he has given a good share of good music now and then, but most people choose to remember him as a gaana maker, some of which are very good too. Here is a nice folkish song by Deva, for a Ramarajan film. Though some song lines here and there may have been borrowed from traditional folk songs, the lyrics by Kaalidasan are very beautiful.

சாடை எழுதி வெச்ச சாந்து சுவத்திலெல்லாம்
ஆடி மழை அடிச்சு அத்தனையும் கரைஞ்சிருச்சு

...beautiful lines!

Mano does a decent job delivering the song. But SJ's expressiveness, and experience, overshadows him. At the end of the lullaby, the short thaalaattu sound is a nice touch and SJ inserts it with no effort.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/arenggum_mm.rm

RC
27th July 2007, 07:54 AM
Wow!
One of the many songs that I was drawn to during my college days... I cant believe that I forgot this song!
Isn't that the beauty of this thread... unearthing forgotton/rare songs?
Ramarajan and Seetha in the cast. Isnt mansukkEtha maharaasa the first movie for Deva?
What else can I say other than Thank You, Neel D? :)

rajeshkrv
27th July 2007, 10:05 PM
Lyrics by Kavingar Kaalidasan (who was deva's aasthana lyricist in few films)

Vaali hailed Kaalidasan saying "enga oora pathi arumaya ezhudirukkayya"endru

Nice song

Film had another nice song by SPB& PS "Aathu mettu thopukkula "

RC
28th July 2007, 06:54 AM
I happened to find the video for this song...
http://www.techsatish.com/2007/07/aarengumthan-urange-manasukettha.html

Neel D
29th July 2007, 09:42 PM
Surprisingly few responses for a SJ song... :?

RC, you are welcome.

rajeshkrv, the audio cassette I have credits Pulavar Pulamaipithan... again :?

Neel D
29th July 2007, 09:44 PM
Pick #508

Song: veLanjirukku sOLakkAduthAn
Film: Rajagopuram
Singer: K.J.Yesudas, S.P.Shailaja
Year: 1985

A nice rustic song by IR. Though set at a fast tempo the song is sung smoothly by KJY and SPS. Nice to hear SPS sing without getting too excited.

The film starred Pandian and Nalini.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/velanjirukku.rm

rajeshkrv
30th July 2007, 12:00 AM
neeld i'm 100% sure it's kaalidasan

in his interview he claimed this is the best song he had written

RC
30th July 2007, 01:09 AM
I too think its Kaalidasan!

tvsankar
30th July 2007, 10:32 PM
Dear Neel,
THanks for the nice song.KJY and S.P.Shylaja's renditions are mesmerising...

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

yvsmani
31st July 2007, 03:31 PM
nice, forgotten song. KJY voice konjam viththiyasamathaan irukku intha pattil.
"aarangem thaanuraanga " pattu Eno enakku pidikatha pattil ondru. whereas I like 'aathu mettu thoppukulla, andhi saayum nerathila'.

Neel D
1st August 2007, 06:32 AM
rajeshkrv & RC, Thanks. I will make the correction in the post.

Thanks Usha and yvsmani.

Neel D
1st August 2007, 06:39 AM
Pick #509

Song: malar koNda pUngkodi
Film: Kavarimaan
Singer: S.Janaki

Somebody control this woman!
:)

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/malar_konda.rm

tvsankar
1st August 2007, 08:09 AM
Dear Neel,
Idhu "Kavari man" padathil varum pattu.Radio vil censor seiya patta paatu.(mosanamana paatu for those days....)

Music by IR.. Thanks for the Rare song....

Neel D
1st August 2007, 08:19 AM
Usha,
Thanks for the correction. I got that mixed up.

Neel D
3rd August 2007, 03:41 AM
No takers for the sexy lady ???

Moving on...

Neel D
3rd August 2007, 03:45 AM
Pick #510

Song: pavaLamaNi thEr mElE
Film: Neram Nalla Neram
Singers: P.Susheela, Malaysia Vasudevan

I discovered this song only recently. I cannot recall listening to it back in the 80s. It is a really beautiful duet. PS sounds so youthful. One of the best love duets by MV. The song has some 70s moments and some 60s moments too. Or, it could just be me. You can choose your own decades.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/pavalamani_ther.rm

RC
3rd August 2007, 05:42 AM
Neel D: Though I'm a big fan of S.J, malar konda poonkodi did not catch my attention :(

I have listened to this song as a பள்ளிக்கூட பையன். I was able to get the details for nEram nalla nEram

Name of the film Neram Nalla Neram
Year 1984
Company V.R. Movies
Date Of Release 03.03.84
Production Rama Subbiah, Siva Sundaram
Direction N. Sambandan
Music Ilayaraja
Cast Pandiyan, Urvasi

The other songs in this movie are
Enn Anbey
Thambi Paattu Onnu
Vaadi Valli Kizhangey
I have no clues on these songs!

madhu
3rd August 2007, 06:23 AM
Hi

romba naaL kazhichu nEram nalla nEram song :musicsmile: kEkkaREn !

oorvasi muRaichu pAkkaRa mAdhiri poster pArtha ninaivu.. mathapadi oNNume ninaivu illai :(

Neel D
3rd August 2007, 07:26 AM
RC,
No problem. But it certainly caught my attention. Everytime I listen to it I have a big grin on my face. :D SJ was extraordinarily daring for her time. Other singers would not have crossed their self-imposed limits.

Thanks for the information on Neram Nalla Neram. Among the other three songs "kattil pAttoNNu pAdu" and "en anbE EngAthE" are okay songs. "vAdi vaLLikkizangE" is a kuththu song.

tvsankar
3rd August 2007, 08:59 AM
Dear Neel,
Thanks for the nice song.Adhigam kekkadha padal.

SN23
3rd August 2007, 01:48 PM
Neel D: malar koNda poongodi is with too much dhAbham. Though I like SJ's melodies, had to turn off for this :-(

Was it there in the film? for Prameela?

KavarimAn padathai patri nenachA, I always cherish the song "poo pOle un punnagaiyai..." by ever-green SPB and moochu iraithu kashtta pattu S.Varalakshmi pAdiya "Sollal vallAyO kiLiyE".

NEram nalla nEram is a 2-week-run film??? Pandiyan with OOrvasi.. jodiyE sari illai.

En anbe is by SJ for Deepa, I guess
Pavala mani thEr by M.Vasu & PS (lovely singing) for the lead pair
Thambi pAttu oNNu by SN.Surender and Saibaba for Pandiyan and Haja sherif??
Vaadi vallikkizhangE by SPB and VJ (??) for Some dancer & Anuradha

Good duet Neel.

rajeshkrv
4th August 2007, 01:44 AM
nice duet by MV and PS

excellent choice

Neel D
5th August 2007, 11:26 PM
madhu, avangga pArvaiyE appadithAn :-)

SN23, thanks. I saw Kavarimaan decades ago when I was not even old enough to watch a "A" rated film. I don't know who the song is for. I think both Prameela and Sridevi get drunk in the film. Kavarimaan is a very good album from IR. Had great variety.

Usha & rajeshkrv, thanks.

PS - I got myself an avatar to add some character and color to my text-only posts. Hope y'all like it.

Neel D
5th August 2007, 11:28 PM
Pick #511

Song: vanji ithu vanji
Film: Thaaliyaa Salangaiyaa
Music: K.V.Mahadevan
Singers: K.J.Yesudas
Year: 1977

Nice music by KVM with his signature 70s sounds. Yesudas describing his woman's beauty with his own classic 70s magic touch. I still remember how young women went crazy over KJY's smooth voice back in the 70s. Somehow this song was not a hit. But many similar songs by KJY topped the charts again and again and again. Let us revive this vanji back into limelight.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/vanji_ithu.rm

madhu
6th August 2007, 05:04 AM
hi neel..

yes.. this KJY song was not aired many times like other songs of the film.. "managala kaNNagi", "alamelu mangai" and "maduraikku" all female solos.

the film was a remake of kannada film. It is something like "gejje pooja" I think *ng kannad manjula.

I forgot everything. But I still remember Jayamalini with madisar :cry3:

Neel D
6th August 2007, 07:38 AM
hi madhu,
Thanks for the info about the film. I cannot recall the "alamelu" and "madurai" songs. Could you post the first two lines of those songs please?

tvsankar
6th August 2007, 08:26 AM
Dear Neel,
Ippadi oru paattu indha padathil iruka?
Mangala kannagi song dhan nyabagam varadhu.VJ padinadhu nu nenaikiren.....

SN23
6th August 2007, 01:21 PM
Excellent treasure Neel. I have never heard this song. This must be for the hero Muthuraman.

VaNishri performed very well in this non-hit movie, it seems. Failure may be attributed to Telugu / Kannada touch of the movie. Story line on a Deva dhAsi's life... struggling to choose Chalangai (order of family) OR ThAli (offered by Hero).

Guess MR and VS formed a good pair, though they did not give many hits.

I know 3 female solos.

Mangala kaNNaki kunguma nayagi (Or JAnaki??).. after a few lines...... ThAliyA ChalangaiyAaaaaaaa? by VJ
Maduraikku chendrAal mEgangaLE... mangai meenAkshiyai kELngalEn by PS
AlarmElu mangai arugE thirumAlE by PS. PS pronounces the name as alarmElu (not the Colloquial alamElu).. its lovely

Both PS and VJ sang extremely well.

Indha maadiri niraya treasures kudunga Neel :-)

RR
6th August 2007, 01:40 PM
Neel,

pavaLamaNi is a real good one. Ragam: chalanattai.

I got myself an avatar to add some character and color to my text-only posts. Hope y'all like it.
cho..chweet :)

yvsmani
6th August 2007, 05:08 PM
Seems like I have never heard nor know abt SJ's kaverimaan song, but wished to put forward it.
pavalamani thermele got good AIR time to my knowledge as I could hum that song seeing the wordings and of course, it is a good song and good rendition by MV too.

RC
6th August 2007, 10:24 PM
SN23, thanks. I saw Kavarimaan decades ago when I was not even old enough to watch a "A" rated film. I don't know who the song is for. I think both Prameela and Sridevi get drunk in the film. Kavarimaan is a very good album from IR. Had great variety.

Neel D: I havent seen Kavarimaan. I think Prameela played Sivaji's wife in the movie. Sridevi is Sivaji-Prameela's daughter. Sivaji kills Pramila seeing her in bed with somebody and goes to jail. So its not possible for both Pramila AND Sridevi to get drunk at the same time in the film :P. This song is for Sridevi and Master Sekar, I think. The climax comes after this song, I think!

rajeshkrv
7th August 2007, 12:29 AM
Gejje pooje was an outstanding movie by Puttana kanagal and it had Kalpana in main role

Tamil movie was not up to the originial but had brilliant performance by vanishri.

Neel D
7th August 2007, 12:34 AM
Usha,
Yes, "manggala kaNNagi" is an amazing song by VJ. It was discussed quite a bit in VJ songs thread.

SN23,
Thanks for the song details. I can kind of recall "mathuraikku chenRAl", but still not the other song. Isn't it wonderful that you can go into the 70s and find so many good songs from one album. Imagine doing that with the albums today.
More treasures coming...

RR,
Thanks for the raga.
And she is cute, isn't she?

yvsmani,
Thanks.

RC,
No, not at the same time. If I remember correctly, Master Sekar gets Sridevi drunk at a party and then takes her to a private room and starts to misbehave. Sivaji walks in at the right time, or the wrong time for Sekar, blows Sekar's head off, and goes to jail a second time... Shouldn't Kavarimaan blow its own head off per the myth?

Neel D
8th August 2007, 03:08 AM
Pick #512

Song: nAlu mAthanggaL
Film: Karai Kadantha Oruththi
Music: Gangai Amaran

"nAlu mAthanggaL" song is not only hard to find it is also hard to find a good recording. All VJ fans know this song and keep looking for it. There is something unique about this song but I can't put my finger on it.
Gangai Amaran employs part singing in this song, all in VJ's voice, where one voice keeps sustaining the "LLL.." in "en eNNanggaLLLLLLL....." while the other finishes four lines

vAna vadivam - ponnAna
mEga vadivam - sanggItha
rAga vadivam - santhOsha
nAdha vadivammmm...

and merges back with the "LLL...". Talk about breath control!

The film was really hyped, the title created a controversy and was later changed, the heroine Vanithasri got huge amount of press coverage, the story along with the film's still photographs was published as a serial in one of the weekly magazines... but in the end the film flopped. Don't know where Vanithasri went after this. Couple of other good songs from the film are "shonnathu palikkuthu pAru" and "pachcha mala pakkaththula kuRaththi", both VJ-MV duets. I have not seen the film. And I wish to see it at least once just for the songs.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/nalu_mathanggal.rm

SN23
8th August 2007, 10:35 AM
aha.. super song. smoooothaaa mazda CX-7-la pOra mAdhiri irukku. So far I thought it was by SG. Gangai amaranA? Great song great singing by VJ.

that azhumoonji pAttu "Odathula thaNNeru peNNoruthi kaNNeru"... is it fro this film, Neel?

RR
8th August 2007, 12:12 PM
Gangai Amaran employs part singing in this song, all in VJ's voice, where one voice keeps sustaining the "LLL.." in "en eNNanggaLLLLLLL....." while the other finishes four lines

He has tried counter point, but it's kind of simplistic. I wish he explored it further. Anyway, the song does have some unique feeling.

madhu
8th August 2007, 07:31 PM
Neel..

you can just hear the songs and be happy - than to see that picture :shaking:

SN23 : yes.. Odathula thaNNeeru :cry3: by SJ is from this film only..

Once they announced in Vivid bharathi that this is the first song in which the MD tried this new method of merging the voice of the singer in two tracks .. ( or something like that :oops: )

kareettaa enna sonnAngannu maRandhu pOchu ! :mrgreen:

Neel D
9th August 2007, 07:32 AM
SN23,
Thanks. "nAlu mAthanggaL" is a slick and nicely paced song.
I don't know how I forgot to mention "Odaththula thaNNIru". That was the most aired song from the film. It is an azhumoonji song but a good song.

RR & madhu,
Thank you.

All,
Next up is a duet from the previous two singers. Take a guess. No clues, he...he....

SN23
9th August 2007, 02:20 PM
Machana paaradi machamuLLa ALadi from Thanga mahan??'
Kalloori maanavaraa from 24 MaNi nEram??

Neel D
9th August 2007, 07:26 PM
SN23,
I should have been clearer. It is the previous two POW singers, KJY and VJ.

RC,
I had a gnaanOdhayam last night. It is Sridevi who kills Sekar, but Sivaji takes the blame and goes to jail. I think someone who watched the movie recently should post the actual story. Or, I will keep having more gnaanOdhayams.

rajan
9th August 2007, 07:40 PM
All,
Next up is a duet from the previous two singers. Take a guess. No clues, he...he....

KJY and VJ !

paruvam kanindhu vandha paavai...
maalai ponnaana maalai..
cheppu kudam thooki pora..
iraivan irandu bommaigal seithaan..
unnai kaanum neram nenjam..
aaramba kaalam oru pakka thaalam..
kaadhal deivam kanden

hope its something rare !

RC
9th August 2007, 08:31 PM
unga gnanOdhayam correct-nu ninaikkiREn, Neel D :)

priya32
10th August 2007, 12:50 AM
How about this nice duet of KJY and Janaki 'Vaan Vandhu Then Sindhum Neram...Yean Indha Boomikku Naanam?'

Neel D
10th August 2007, 02:03 AM
SN23 & rajan, thanks for the guesses.

RC, :)

priya32, I may have it. If not I will substitute it with another. Look for it in the next couple of weeks.

Neel D
10th August 2007, 02:06 AM
Pick #513

Song: sugam tharum ponmAlai
Film: Rajyam Illatha Rajakkal
Music: ?
Singers: K.J.Yesudas, Vani Jairam
Year: ?

This really is a sugam tharum idhamAna pAdal. KJY and VJ... sugam tharum voices. And it is a sugam tharum composition with beautifully used mirudangam, violins and flute. Don't know who the MD is, I am guessing Shankar-Ganesh. Have no information on the film either.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/sugam_tharum_rir.rm

tvsankar
10th August 2007, 08:22 AM
Dear Neel,
Music style parthal, SG madhiri iruku...

KJY and VJ duet - naan ninaithadhu - Chendu malli poo pol azhagiya... Beautiful song.

VJ song - Idhu undhan veetu kili dhan...

Indha 2 padalum host panna mudiyuma?????

with Love,
Usha Sankar.

baroque
10th August 2007, 09:13 AM
Neel, you always host songs I have never heard , Scintillating musical indeed! thanks vinatha.

yvsmani
10th August 2007, 05:47 PM
kettathu pol irukku sugam tharum ponmaalai kaatrae vaa, nijamagavae sugam thanthathu iruvarin kuralilum. idhu pol eththanai paadalgal kettu naangal sugam pera pogiromo....
nandri Neel

Neel D
12th August 2007, 08:29 PM
Usha, I have one of those songs. I will feature it soon.

Vinatha & Yvsmani, you are welcome.

madhu, I did not forget your request, an SJ-SPB duet. I will have to substitute it. Will do it soon.

Neel D
12th August 2007, 08:32 PM
Pick #514

Song: OdaiyinnA nallOdai
Film: Rajathi Rojakkili
Music: Chandrabose
Singers: S.Janaki, K.J.Yesudas
Lyrics: Vaali
Year: 1985

One of the best love duets by Chandrabose. And one of the best in SJ-KJY combination. Chandrabose holding his own during the times monopolized by IR. Even T.Rajendar and Manoj-Gyan got a lot of publicity those days. But Chandrabose quietly made his contribution without many knowing where the songs came from.

This song substitutes a nEyar (priya32) viruppam.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/odaiyinna.rm

priya32
12th August 2007, 08:56 PM
Neeld D, Thank you so much for 'Odaiyinna Nallodai' song, indha paattai kekkumpothu, manasai engo koottittu poguthu!

rajeshkrv
13th August 2007, 05:37 AM
lyrics for odayinna nallodai is by vaali

yvsmani
13th August 2007, 05:42 PM
as said by Neel, one of the best songs of the above pair. nice music. (somehow reminds me abt another good song by chandrabose maampoovae mainave)

bobgalee
13th August 2007, 07:04 PM
i wud be much thankful if some one could post a song from SATTAM - oru nanbanin kathai ithu here,

thanks.

balaji
14th August 2007, 03:38 AM
lyrics for odayinna nallodai is by vaali -- I think it is Muthulingam

Bala

madhu
14th August 2007, 07:09 AM
Hi Neel..

nice pick.. and cant say its a rare one

BTW... somewhere I have seen that its "Odaiyin nANalOda.. ஓடையின் நாணலோட "...though I still think that its "OdaiyinnA nallOda.. ஓடையின்னா நல்லோடை"

edhu kareetu ?

Neel D
14th August 2007, 08:29 AM
priya32, you are welcome.

yvsmani, thank you.

rajeshkrv/balaji, :?

madhu, It sounds like ஓடையின்னா நல்லோடை to me too.

bobgalee, I don't have that song at the moment. If I find it I will host it.

thumburu
14th August 2007, 04:23 PM
"malar konda poongodi" - yes, it s Sridevi dancing in an inebriated state. What a wild , young Raja and a wilder Janaki!!! The music for once, try to keep pace with Janaki's foot loose spree.
NeelD, where on earth did u manage to locate this utmost elusive mystery? I had almost given up hope of listening to these kind of censored , sinfully enticing numbers in my lifetime.

rajeshkrv
14th August 2007, 09:54 PM
balaji,

it's definitely by vaali

i've seen the LP record and also oli announced it as vaali too

balaji
15th August 2007, 04:27 AM
Rajeshkrv

I am 99.99% that it is Muthulingam. I vaguely recall reading an interview from Muthulingam mentioning this song as well.

I just scanned web. Cine south says so too (Not that all there information is 100% correct)

Music director ....... Chandrabose
Lyricist ....... Muthulingam
Playback ....... Janaki
Ramulu
S.P.balasubramaniam
Vani jairam
Yesudas

Bala

rajeshkrv
15th August 2007, 04:32 AM
balaji,

No idea whether cinesouth is right
but i quoted from oli

anyways whoever is the lyricist, lyrics are good

RC
15th August 2007, 06:24 AM
nalla paadal. In the movie, this song is for Rajesh & Sulakshana. இனிமையான பாடல்! படத்தில் ராஜேஷ், சுலக்ஷணா பாடுவதாக ஞாபகம். சுரேஷ், நளினியும் படத்தில் உண்டு. வில்லன் வேடத்தில் கவுண்டமணி, மனோரமா நடித்திருந்தார்கள். சொத்துக்கு ஆசைப்பட்டு ராஜேஷ்-ஐ அப்பாவியாக வளர்த்து சுலக்ஷணா-வின் குழந்தைக்கு தந்தையானது தெரிந்து கவுண்டமணி, மனோரமா அவரை கொன்று விட ஆவியாக வந்து பழி தீர்ப்பதாக கதை.

Neel D
15th August 2007, 06:51 AM
thumburu, thanks. Finally one other person who enjoyed malar koNda pUngkodi... :victory:

balaji/rajeshkrv/RC, thanks.

Neel D
15th August 2007, 06:53 AM
Pick #515

Song: eNNappaRavai siRagadiththu
Film: Kaarthigai Deepam
Music: R.Sudarsanam
Singer: T.M.Sounderarajan
Year: 1965

R.Sudarsanam was at the fading end of his career in 1965. He had been composing music for films since at least the 1940s. "Parasakthi" is one among the many classics he composed music for.

Kaarthigai Dheepam is probably a tearjerker. Many songs in the film are sad, or have a tinge of sadness (eNNappaRavai by TMS, eNNappaRavai by PS, thangga thEril vanthiRanggum by LRE, unggu uNNadA selvamE by LRE, malai sAynthu pOnAl by TMS).

Listen to TMS's rendition of eNNappaRavai. It is a simpe composition. The Pallavi is great but the rest of the song lines are simple. But... do not be fooled by its simplicity. It might go straight to your heart. Click on the link, close your eyes and let yourself go... (it is a lullaby, so, don't fall asleep).

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/ennapparavai_tms.rm

NOV
15th August 2007, 07:02 AM
:sigh2:

enna paravai siragadiththu
vinnil parakindradhaa
un imaigalilE urakkam vara
kanngal marukkindradhaa

thendral paadum thaalattil
nee inbam peravillaiyaa
iravu theernthidum varayil
vizhitthirunthaalE thunbam tharavillaiya
un thuyar kandaal ennuyir ingE
thudippadhu theriyalaiyaa
unmai arindhum ullam varundha
nadappathu thavarillaiya

oonjalai pOlE poongkaram neetti
arugil nerunggida vaa
unnai urimayinaalE kuzhandhayai pOla
alli anaiththidavaa
annayai pOlE unnudal thannai
varudi koduththidavaa
nee amaidhiyudan thuyil kollum
azhagai rasiththidavaa

:thumbsup:
idhuvallaavaa paattu!

RC
15th August 2007, 07:27 AM
Thanks NeelD. அருமையான பாடல். Nice song to listen to before retiring for the day. I'm big fan of TMS (ofcourse after SPB). But it doesnt even come close to PS version of the song, though I'm not a big fan of her.

madhu
15th August 2007, 01:28 PM
:fatigue:

rajeshkrv
15th August 2007, 06:41 PM
wonderful song

song picturised on asokan .. TMS is awesome but PS version is more Sweet that this ..

thanks for the pick

Neel D
17th August 2007, 01:15 AM
Thanks NOV, RC, madhu and rajeshkrv.

Neel D
17th August 2007, 01:17 AM
Pick #516

Song: oru naNbanin kathai
Film: Sattam
Music: Gangai Amaran
Singers: S.P.Balasubramanyam
Year: 1983

Thanks to priya32 for sending this song.

This song is a nEyar(bobgalee) viruppam.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/oru_nanbanin.rm

tvsankar
17th August 2007, 08:50 AM
Dear Neel,
Thanks for the song.Nalla tune.

SPB in style - Jaya tv "Ennodu paatu padungal" programme il theirunukalam - Indha Manushar Endha madhiri vithai ellam Eppadi Seiyarar enru........

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

bobgalee
18th August 2007, 08:38 PM
Thanks for sharing the song from sattam. Romba varushama thedikittu iruntha paadal.

Thanks to priya 32 and Neel D.(unga email id PM pannalaama)

bobgalee
19th August 2007, 03:19 PM
Any chance to share a JEYACHANDRAN SONG
ADI MAADI VEETTU MAANE from the movie NATPU. Thanks in advance

Neel D
19th August 2007, 09:52 PM
Usha and bobgalee, you are welcome.

bobgalee, "adi mAdi vIttu" will be coming soon.

Neel D
19th August 2007, 10:05 PM
Pick #517

Song: nI sirichchA nAn sirippEn
Film: Paavai Vilakku
Singers: Soolamangalam Rajalakshmi
Lyrics:
Year: 1960

We hear so much about lovers quarrelling about not being on the same wavelength. But if a person truly loves someone, he/she will tune himself/herlself to the other person's wavelength. Isn't that what this mother is saying, about herself?

நீ சிரிச்சா நான் சிரிப்பேன் சிங்காரக் கண்ணே
நீ அழுதா நான் அழுவேன் மங்காத பொன்னே

The songwriter must have really felt it in his heart to write lines like this. The unconditional love of a mother for her child.

And the voice of Soolamangalam Rajalakshmi... pristine and clear as crystal. The Soolamangalam Sisters, both Rajalaskhmi and Jayalakshmi, must have been specially blessed at birth by divinity (if you believe in one). Voices that sound so sacred, voices that have a purifying effect. You play any of their bhakti song and it feels as though the surrounding atmosphere has been purified. Not only were the sisters blessed with such sacred voices, they were also blessed with the wisdom to identify their niche and excel in it, bhakti music in a simple and appealing style. Today's song is not exactly a bhakti song in a religious sense, but what can be more deserving of devotion than the pure love the song is expressing.

K.V.Mahadevan scored nothing but gems for this film.

vaNNa thamiz peNNoruththi - CSJ
kAviyamA nenjcin OviyamA - CSJ,PS
manggiyathOr nilavnilE - CSJ
sidhaRiya sadhanggaigaL - PS

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/ni_sirichcha.rm

madhu
19th August 2007, 10:08 PM
wow !

தேன் மணக்கும் வாயிதழோ சிவப்பு மத்தாப்பு
சின்னஞ்சிறு கண்மலரும் நீல மத்தாப்பு

can see a cute baby in lyrics..

of course.. its divine.. :clap:

SN23
20th August 2007, 02:04 PM
Neel: is "nee sirithaal" song for Sowcar janaki? SR's voice very well matches with Sowcar's. SowcarE nErla pAdaradhu pOla irukku :-)

yvsmani
20th August 2007, 02:16 PM
arumaiyaana padal. yes, divine kural.
nandri neel

priya32
20th August 2007, 08:56 PM
You're welcome NeelD and bobgalee! :)

Neel D
21st August 2007, 04:12 AM
madhu and yvsmani, Thank you.

SN23, I don't know who the song is for. I have not seen the film. I think SR sang for Sowcar Janaki in Padikkatha Medhai and may be in Naanal. That is all I can recall at the moment.

bobgalee
21st August 2007, 09:46 PM
Couple of requests

1.Solla vekkama Irukku Sokkamma from Pennukku Yaar Kaaval

2.Konjam Othungu thaniya pesanum unnoda
from Vasantha Kaalam

Two numbers by SPB for Suruli Raajan Sir.

Any chance to get these...?

Neel D
22nd August 2007, 12:06 AM
bobgalee, I don't have those songs. I will substitute it.

Neel D
22nd August 2007, 12:07 AM
Pick #518

Song: alamElu manggai
Film: Thaaliyaa Salangaiyaa
Singer: P.Susheela
Lyrics:
Year: 1977

Another nice song from Thaaliyaa Salangaiyaa. All three female solos in the film have several references to gods and goddesses. May be because the story is about a temple dancer? I have not seen the film. KVM's beautiful songs were washed away in the big IR wave. Still they left a lasting impression within the short time they aired.

Thanks to rajeshkrv for sending the song.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/alamelu_manggai.rm

madhu
22nd August 2007, 04:02 AM
Hi Neel..

may be the girl, though born in devdasi family, yearns to lead family life. Thats why always thinking about alamelu, meenakshi, janaki etc. :P Ofcourse, this song is during the occassion of her friend's marriage ( who is the sister of the hero )
hayyo.. maRupadi madisar kattiya jayamalini-yai remind seyyarELE !! :lol:

Neel D
22nd August 2007, 04:44 AM
சுற்றி சுற்றி ஜெயமாலினிக்கே வர்றீங்களே! :)

SN23
22nd August 2007, 12:14 PM
Neel: Excellent song, beautifully sung by PS. Avan pArkkum podhu... line is simply superb... I can imagine Muthuraman appears in front of Vanishri. PS brings that menmaiyAna uNarvu in her singing. I really enjoyed.

Is that starting bit from a devotional thoguppu? Or penned by the Lyricist? nalla Thamizh.

Next, kidaichA "maduraikku sendrAl mehangaLE" pAttaiyum host paNNungO :-)

Neel D
23rd August 2007, 11:01 PM
madhu & SN23, thank you.

SN23, I don't know where the opening lines are from. It is very good.

Neel D
23rd August 2007, 11:22 PM
Pick #519

Song: inRu varum kARRinilE
Film: Kadavulin Theerppu
Music: R.Govardhanam
Year: 1981

We listened to an R.Sudharsanam classic last week and today we will listen to a classic composed by his brother R.Govardhanam. I believe they are brothers. This song was discussed in VJ Songs thread two years ago. I am rewriting some of the lines from it below.

A woman sings about her love for a man from another caste (or religion). The lyricist describes it so beautifully throughout the song.

ஆலமரம் தலைவிரித்து நிற்பதும் என்ன - ஒரு
அரசனுக்கு மாலையிட துடிப்பதும் என்ன
மயக்கம் கலக்கம்
அதற்கும் தயக்கம்

How do you describe love? You can only feel it. It is not a conscious decision someone makes. One does not choose whom to fall in love with. Love happens.

நெஞ்சில் உள்ள வார்த்தைக்கெல்லாம் பாஷைகள் உண்டோ - அந்த
நினைவுகளை படம் பிடிக்க கருவியும் உண்டோ
கண்களுக்கு உலகினிலே காவலும் உண்டோ
எந்தக் கன்னியர்க்கும் மனதுக்குள்ளே கோவிலும் உண்டோ
இனம் மறந்த குலம் மறந்த பந்தங்கள் உண்டோ - இங்கே
எந்த எந்த உள்ளங்களில் சொந்தங்கள் உண்டோ

Such beautiful lines of poetry, and a smoothly flowing composition. A voice that brings everything together and carries the whole song on its expressive shoulders... VJ's trademark stresses at the right places, and the right expressions at the right words bring the listener one with the song.

Thanks to sk for sending this lovely song. Another good song from the same film is "anbu thalaivan kAladi chuvattil", a TMS-VJ duet.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/inru_varum.rm

tvsankar
24th August 2007, 12:15 AM
Dear Neel,
Thanks for the Good pick.Tune is nice one.
Interludes irandu padalai ninaivu paduthugiradhu.

1.Kuyilae kavikuyilae 2.Sugamo ayiram.

VJ's Rendition is nice.Asianet il VJ in interview parthen.Malaiyalathil, mudhal padalai padinar. Voice is as young as 70's VJ.

"Kelvi naanae Bhadhilum Naane' - Manadhai thodum Bhavam.
With Love,
Usha Sankar.

madhu
24th August 2007, 12:13 PM
Hi neel..

nice one.. ippO ammA veshathula nadikkara sangeethA heroine-A paadikittu Odina padam..

VJ pathi thaniya solla enna irukku ?

Neel D
26th August 2007, 10:02 PM
Usha,
You are welcome. Yes, she's still got it. Only TFM industry won't take notice.

madhu,
Thank you. Is that Sivaji Sangeetha or MGR Sangeetha? entha padathil ammAvA nadichirukkAnga?

Neel D
26th August 2007, 10:05 PM
Pick #520

Song: iyaRkai annai
Film: Enga Veettu Penn
Singer: Seerkazhi Govindarajan
Lyrics:
Year: 1965

In a world filled with wars, greed, separatism, pollution, global warming, disrespect for nature and what not, here is a heartfelt lament and some advice in Seerkazhi Govindarajan's metallic voice.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/iyarkai_annai.rm

RC
27th August 2007, 08:13 PM
seerkaazhiyaarin gambeera kuralil paadal arumai... indha paadalai idharkku mun kEtta ninavillai! Thanks Neel D!

madhu
28th August 2007, 10:01 AM
HI Neel..

summer vaction-la thAthA veetukku pOyriukkumbOdhu grAmathula nilathagarAru pOttukittu madhyastham seidhu koLLa vandhu nippAnga..

appO en uncle oruthar indha pAttai pAdi kiNdal seivAr. adhu ippO ninaivukku varudhu..

nostalgic :(

Neel D
29th August 2007, 02:56 AM
RC, you are welcome.

madhu, appadinnA ungaL thAthA selvAkkuLLa manidharnu sollunga.
I have not been able to find your request or any SPB-SJ rare song yet. So, I am substituting with anotherduet by SJ & GA. It is a good song and a rare song too.

Neel D
29th August 2007, 02:58 AM
Pick #521

Song: paN pAdum thAmaraiyE
Film: Nee Thodum Podhu
Singers: S.Janaki, Gangai Amaran

One of the few duets with SJ and GA. I discovered this song a few months ago. I have never heard it before. Nor have I heard about the film. The song sounds very similar to the GA-VJ duet "viziyE nalamA".

This song substitutes a nEyar(madhu) viruppam.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/pan_padum.rm

gingerbeehk
29th August 2007, 07:32 AM
Yes.. this is an very rare song indeed. Intha paattum , padamum naan kelvi pattathey illai.

Jack

tvsankar
29th August 2007, 10:14 AM
Dear Neel,
Thanks for the rare song.

Ennoda requested songs ellam kedaichada Neel??

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

arunprasad
30th August 2007, 02:14 AM
Dear Neel,
Can i Request the song you have mentioned - vizhiye nazhama by SJ and GA. I have been searching for this song for years now.
Thanks.
Arun prasad

Meerakrishna
30th August 2007, 04:37 AM
Neel D , thank U so much for this beautiful rare duet song of SJ and GA.

regards
Meera

yvsmani
30th August 2007, 04:21 PM
pattu, padam ellamae pudhusu enakku.
pattu ketkum poluthu Eno, aagaya thamarai mannil vanthathae from nadodi pattukaran gyabagam. thendral vanthu theendum pothu from avatharam gyabagamum kooda varuthu. Innum konjam GA nandragha paadi irunthaal unforgettable song-agha aghi irukkumo ennavo......... SJ as usual at her best.

Neel D
31st August 2007, 02:52 AM
jack, welcome back.

Usha and Meera, you are welcome.

Usha, I am still looking for those songs.

Arun, I only have half of that song. May be I will feature it as a bit song one of these days.

yvsmani, you are correct. GA is kind of stiff. But SJ is like a vine. It is a nice contrast though.

Neel D
31st August 2007, 02:56 AM
Pick #522

Song: adi mAdivIttu mAnE
Film: Natpu
Singers: P.Jayachandran, Shobha
Lyricist: ?
Year: 1986

Today's song shows the fun side of Jayachandran. It is not very often he sings songs like this. Wonder who this Shobha is...

I have four songs from Natpu.
unnai kANa thudiththEn - PS & PJ
adhikAlai sugavELai - SJ & KJY
Asai vechchEn - PS
and today's pick.
Are there more? Strangely there is no SPB or KSC in this album. Don't know much about the film.

This song is a nEyar(bobgalee) viruppam.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/adi_madivittu.rm

SN23
31st August 2007, 12:03 PM
Neel: Is it not Shobha chandrasekar (Vijay's amma?). I thought this song was sung by SN Surendar. PJ vaa?

This film has some interesting news. Bombay Jayashree has said in an interview with THE HINDU that she had sung a duet with Malaysia vasudevan in NATPU. Refer the link given below:

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/lf/2002/03/23/stories/2002032301550200.htm

Natpu had Radharavi and Sripriya in key roles though Karthik and Newcomer Sri Bharati were the lead pair. I think Ameer John had directed the movie. Moview received a Fair response, I guess!

madhu
31st August 2007, 12:53 PM
I think...Natpu is based on the novel "vAnam thottuvidum dhooramthAn" by vairamuthu

yvsmani
31st August 2007, 04:13 PM
Neel :
another fun song I could think of is azhaghi oruththi ilaneer vikira colombo veedhiyilae with LRE (I hope I am correct).
intha padathil thaan karthik - sripriya kaathal thulir vittatho ??

unnai kaana thudiththen , aasai vechchen kettathu pol gyabagam illai

madhu
31st August 2007, 05:08 PM
Neel :
another fun song I could think of is azhaghi oruththi ilaneer vikira colombo veedhiyilae with LRE (I hope I am correct).
intha padathil thaan karthik - sripriya kaathal thulir vittatho ??

unnai kaana thudiththen , aasai vechchen kettathu pol gyabagam illai

karthik thulir vittadhu "ninaivugaL" padathil illaiyO..

"Asai vachEn un mEla machan araLi vadhEn kollaiyilE" was adikkadi aired in radio ..

kalnayak
31st August 2007, 05:27 PM
Natpu was produced by P.S.Veerappa (PSV Pictures). 'Adhikaalai Subhavelai' was a hit song during that time. The story is related to some social issue (building a bridge?) it was opposed by Oor Naattamai (the villain) whose daughter (Sreebharathi from KannadaFI) is loved by Hero (Karthik). Hero and his friend (Radharavi) fight for the poor. Sripriya acted as the pair to Radharavi. Karthik acted in this film before his love-marriage to Ragini.

Meerakrishna
31st August 2007, 10:46 PM
whose daughter (Sreebharathi from KannadaFI) is loved by Hero (Karthik).

Her original name is chandrika, she acted in couple of kannada movies with shankarnag, and vishnuvardhan.

tvsankar
1st September 2007, 08:36 AM
Dear Neel,
Thanks for the PJ song. "ADhi kaalai" paatai dhan radio vil adhigam kettu iruken....

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

bobgalee
1st September 2007, 11:54 AM
thank u so much...

i am searching this song for years

the female singer is vithya (or manjula?) of ennai thaane song fame i think...confirm

as somebody said... Natpu was scripted by lyricist Vairamuthu.

thanks again..

gingerbeehk
1st September 2007, 05:24 PM
IN natpu all the songs were nice, but "Athikaalai Subhavelai" is most loveble & super hit song those time. Today pick is another nice one.Thanks Neel D.

Can i request few more rare songs?

1) SONG: ATHO ATHO ORU SENGOTTAI
MOVIE:VAYASUPPONNU
MUSIC: M.S.VISHWANATHAN
SINGER: T.M.S & S.JANAKI OR P.SUSHEELA(NOT SURE)

2) SONG: AKKATTHI SEEMAIYIL THEKKATHI PAADURAA
MOVIE: ????????
MUSIC: M.S.VISHWANATHAN
SINGER: S.P.B & S.JANAKI

I am sure you might have above songs, pls make them available on this page soon.

Thanks in advance.
Jack

bobgalee
2nd September 2007, 10:33 PM
Film - Vasanthathil Oru Vaanavil
Song - Kaala Devan
Singers - SPB and VJ
Music - Premasiri Khemadasa (Ivar Ilangaiyin MSV)

Film - Thee Chatti Govinthan
Song - En Jannalil Yaarathu Sollaamal Povathu
Singers - SPB and Chithra
Music - Sangeetha Raajan

Film - Selam Vishnu
Song- Mayanginen Mannan Ingu Kanne Vaa Vaa
Singer - SPB
Music - Sangeetha Raajan

bobgalee
2nd September 2007, 10:34 PM
The above songs are my requests for PICK OF THE WEEK

Neel D
2nd September 2007, 11:50 PM
SN23, It could be Shobha Chandrasekar. But the CD only credits the first name. Thanks for the link. That was interesting. Did not know that Bombay Jayashree has been in TFM since 1982.

yvsmani, "azagi oruththi" is a fun song too. From Pilot Premnath with LRE.

madhu, I remember "vAnam thottuvidum dhUramthAn" a little. I read it when it came as a series in Kumudam or Vikatan. There was a highschool girl and a highschool boy. The boy was poor. The girl was a rich Pannaiyar's daughter. That is probably what "mAdivIttu mAnE" means, huh? The series started off very poetically with a highschool romance. I remember the girl preparing yElakkAi pOtta pAl for the boy and everything. Then the story went here and there and I lost interest and stopped reading it.
BTW, Karthik anEgamA ninaivugaLukku romba munnAdiyE thuLir vittavarnnu ninaikkiREn :) Poor Sripriya, it almost cost her life. :(

kalnayak & Meera, thanks for tidbits.

Usha, bobgalee and Jack, you are welcome.

Jack & bobgalee, I will see if I can find your requests.

Neel D
2nd September 2007, 11:57 PM
Pick #523

Song: onRu enggaL jAthiyE
Film: Panakkaara Kudumbam
Music: Viswanathan-Ramamoorthy
Singers: T.M.Sounderarajan, L.R.Eswari
Year: 1964

Be it principles of labor rights, principles of racial/ethnic equality, principles of democracy, animal rights, environmentalism, women's rights or any ideal that helps bring about and maintain equality, peace, prosperity and most importantly a balance on this planet, no matter which part of the world those values emanate from, India never hesitated to borrow those ideals and apply those for the betterment of itself and the world, along with its own time-tested principles of peace and progress. Everytime I listen to this upbeat and activist song it only makes me proud to have been born in India. India may not be perfect, no country is, but considering all the obstacles it faced and continues to face it keeps proving that it is one the most progressive countries in the world.

Listen to the strong voices of TMS and LRE singing the uplifting lyrics by Kannadasan(?) and a perfect score by MSV-TKR that conveys the mood of the song on its own.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/onru_enggal.rm

NOV
3rd September 2007, 06:24 AM
Neel, you look like bharath. :lol2:

madhu
3rd September 2007, 07:40 AM
Neel, you look like bharath. :lol2:

bharath engira "Nepali" illai... onRu engaL jAdhiyE enRu sollum Mr.BhArath :P

baroque
3rd September 2007, 10:58 AM
Awesome pick, Neel!! :thumbsup:
I love this song, very addictive composition!
Sir, I am no Shri.MSV musical expert, these days I make sure I note down the composer's name for the songs I adore or listen often, I am truly falling in love with his orchestral clarity.(the other day I was listening to Veenai pesum... after 2 decades , felt very emotional, emotive orchestration & tune, lyrics) mood preserve pannara!
Songs like this are sure shows his captivating orchestral design superiority. Neerthiya podara! :clap:
Laya packed tune, varied rhythmic instruments supports the melody sannamaa not overpowering the vocalist but complements the lilt, layam the tune carries! Yenakku romba pudikkum indha pattu! TMS & LRE what an enthusiasm they spread!
Loving it , Sir! Vinatha.

baroque
3rd September 2007, 12:18 PM
Before finishing off the day, one more time I indulged the musical! :D
This composer sure knows to intrigue in sannamaana sounds with his rise and fall tune patterns! How he sets the enthusiasm in the prelude... Sure High Class! :ty:

Neel D
3rd September 2007, 08:52 PM
NOV,
I wish I did. antha kAlam pOi pala varudanggaL Agi vittana. :(

madhu,
I like that. appadiyE vechukkalAm. :D

baroque,
Thank you for the nice comment.

Neel D
4th September 2007, 11:17 PM
Pick #524

Song: un maivizi
Film: Penn Ondru Kanden
Singer: S.P.Balasubramanyam
Lyricist: ?
Year: 1974

Lovely score, great wordplay in the lyrics, nice rendition by SPB. Hopefully the film and the song sequence lived upto the song's beauty.

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow07/un_maivizi.rm

tvsankar
5th September 2007, 12:47 AM
Dear Neel,
Thanks for the rare Pick.During my 6th std, indha paatai kettuvittu , en Paatiyidam discuss seidhadhau ninaivil varugiradhu.

"SPB thappa padarara paati? Raaga maaligai num solrar.Raaga maaLigai num solrarare?" enru.

Paati sonnar,"Raaga maaligai na - ella raagamum kalandhu oru paatilayae varum".SPB correct aga than paadi irukar." enru.
Padalil varum raagam peyarai solli,adharku example aga carnatic paatu ellam en Paati paadi kaatinar.Andha naal ninaivum , paatiyin kuralum manadhil vandhu pogradhu..
Thank you once again Neel....
With Love,
Usha Sankar.

madhu
5th September 2007, 06:27 AM
Hi neel..

nice song.. ( andha padathula indha oru song-thAn popular aachu-nnu ninaikiRen.. ) other songs I remember are "kAthirundhEn katti aNaikka" by SPB, PS and "nee edhu ninaippAyO adhu nadakkum" solo by PS. vEra enna paattu irukku ? :huh:

BTW.. adhu "punnai vizhi" -yA ? I thought its " un mai vizhi" :P

baroque
5th September 2007, 11:27 AM
Beautiful pick, Neel!! Raga - kapi, My favorite Shri.MSV song! Lover boy rocks!! :clap:

tvsankar
5th September 2007, 11:37 AM
Dear baroque,

"Patti indha patta ragamalika nna sonna?? "

Naan paatiyai kettadhu - Raaga malaigai enra word ai patri..... Paati - raaga malaigai na enna nu solli kodutha... Thats all.Indha paatai raaga malaiga nu sollalai.

Paati solli kodutha Raagamaligai padalgal.

1.Bhavayamai raguraamam by MS (Koluku oru maami eppodhum indha paataiyae paduva.So andha maamiku perae - bhavayamai maami nu naanga per vechutom.)

2.Karpagavalli nin by TMS

3.Vendriduven unnai vendriduven - film song

4.Theeradha vilaiyaatu pillai by DKP

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

baroque
5th September 2007, 11:59 AM
Appadiyaa, Usha!! , Patti knows better ofcourse!! :) naan dhaan purinjukkalai good night!

baroque
5th September 2007, 11:59 AM
Appadiyaa, Usha!! , Patti knows better ofcourse!! :) naan dhaan purinjukkalai good night!

tvsankar
5th September 2007, 12:13 PM
ONe more song for raaga malaigai

Kannan mana nilaiyai thangamaae thangam
kandu vara vendumadi thangamae thangam - film song by SJ

rra
5th September 2007, 01:18 PM
Hi Usha Sankar: Probably the greates Ragamalika song is a composition by Mutthuswamy Dikshitar in fourteen ragas starting with "Shree Viswanatham Bhajeham". Recently, Kanyakumari played it on the violin on TV and I was reminded of her guru MLV's wonderful rendition of it.
RRA

yvsmani
5th September 2007, 02:45 PM
nalla padal...... nalla composition by MSV..... indraiya paadalgalaiyum intha pattaiyum kettaal aagayathukkum boomikkum ulla difference irukko......

SN23
5th September 2007, 04:10 PM
Hi Neel: Good song. The starting line Un mai vizhi (your eye lined with kAjal). SPB slipped a bit in clarity :-(

kAthirunthEn katti aNaikka kani idhazhil muthu pathikka is a nice duet of SPB & PS

I think the film lead pair is Muthuraman and Prameela. Padam vandadhA? vandhu OdiyE pOchA theriyalai :-)

madhu
5th September 2007, 05:12 PM
Hi Neel: Good song. The starting line Un mai vizhi (your eye lined with kAjal). SPB slipped a bit in clarity :-(

kAthirunthEn katti aNaikka kani idhazhil muthu pathikka is a nice duet of SPB & PS

I think the film lead pair is Muthuraman and Prameela. Padam vandadhA? vandhu OdiyE pOchA theriyalai :-)

padam release aagi konja naaL OdichE :P

Doctor prameela village muthuramanai kalyANam senjukittu grAmathu poNNA vEsham pOttu.. tablets-ai podi senju viboodhi-la kalandhu
koduthu vyAdhiyai ellAm guNamAkkara mAdhiri oru kadhai :shock:

gingerbeehk
5th September 2007, 06:47 PM
Wonderful pick NeelD. I was searching this almost 2 years. Colombo radio used aired this great song, even these days. Thanks again my friend.

Jack

bobgalee
5th September 2007, 09:55 PM
A Request for Pick of the week

Song : Ival Devathai Ithazh Maadhulai
Movie : Vaa Intha Pakkam
Singers: SPB and VJ
Composer:Shyam

Thanks in advance

baroque
5th September 2007, 10:09 PM
[tscii:f7d51b6ac9]Amazing ragamaligas..

Sri Chakra raaja.... Maharajapuram santhanam (senchuruti, punnaga, sindhu bhairavi)
Thikku theriyaadha kattil...(just yesterday morning I was listening, amazing Behag, Sahana, Bhoopalam , composition ends with Atana)
Shri.MSV has done awesome ragamaliga with Adhisiya raagam...(Mahathi(janasamodhini keep intercepting in my ears), Bhairavi). Whereas Ezhu swarangalukkul.... runs in the ambience of Panthuvarali raga(composer is allowed to use indifferent swara phrases, no point mapping the phrases, calling it ragamaliga).
Rahman has done a fantastic Ragamaliga with Telephone mani pol...with Abheri and Anandha bhairavi. Ilayaraja’s Raasavey unnai thaan... is again carries essence of Sivaranjani & Maund.
But his composer’s breath-NBW etc.. Classical experts may not consider as ragamaliga, Composition doesn’t carry the depth of raga, novice like me may not pick up the scale shift(WCM). .....(Raaga maliga nna the composition should carry the ambience of different ragas!)

[/tscii:f7d51b6ac9]