PDA

View Full Version : requesting travel advice

killua
6th October 2007, 01:42 AM
Hi
I am not sure if it's ok to start a thread asking for advice.

A friend of mine wanted to know which route would be best/cheapest to take from U.S to india.
My friend is of the opinion that it doesn't matter from which city he leaves or where he lands in india.

Please advice.

edguy111
7th November 2007, 05:13 PM
hi,

have you tried just searching google? I'm sure you'll be able to find plenty of useful information if you just search flights from US to India.

Maybe check out a few price comparison websites...they are normally really useful.

i've used http://www.travelsupermarket.com/travelmerge/travelsearch.aspx?package=4 in the past...but not sure if they cover the US - i'm sure you will find a site similar though.

gud luck

Akula
16th November 2007, 12:52 AM
Hi,

It is not possible to say which would be the cheapest flight from US to India because all airfares are not stable. Consulting a travel agent is best to get cheapest flight.

As far as best route is concerned, if your destination is bangalore or chennai it is better to choose singapore or malaysian airlines. It is a 24hr flight and service is very good. But the only disadvantage with these flights is that the connection flight from Malaysia or singapore to the destination might vary from 8 hrs to 24 hrs. Advantage is that you have Indian restaurants in both airports, so food will not be a problem.

I do not much know about American airlines, KLM etc., so I hope this information helps your friend.

good luck