PDA

View Full Version : IR New Albums - Old responses (5 Aug 2006)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

rooky
15th October 2005, 10:40 PM
That kannada movie name is "geeya geeya".This movie is yet to be released.Radiocity Fm plays one particular song from this movie quite frequently.It was not sung by SPB and was sung by rajeev balakrishnan (as was mentioned in that channel)..The song strats like "cheluviya" i guess.

MumbaiRamki
16th October 2005, 08:32 AM
Enjoy Pithamagan last 15 minutes of BGM !!!
I can write a big big essay on these pieces - Truly raaja is king of kings in BGM !!!!

sometimes the sound is un even ..sorry for that ..vikram's roare tears my ear really !!!Lot of scenes ,they should have muted the voices and used music instead - It cld have been effective !!
http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=18CVK68FSI39T2ACW0LLALL83Y

RR
16th October 2005, 10:30 AM
Aha thats the movie name is it? Heard a very nice sounding SPB song one of the evenings in Radiocity. The RJ announced grandly that the music is by Bhava and thats why it has shades of IR in it...but she, in typical Radiocity style, did not announce the film's name. Lemme try to get hold of this album!

Karthik
http://www.itwofs.com
This Rajesh sounds like the same guy who sang 'megamaai vanthu pogiren' (thullaadha manamum thullum) and one more song in Maayi.

vem
17th October 2005, 05:35 AM
IR performs and audience applauds !!!

http://www.hindu.com/2005/10/17/stories/2005101713870500.htm

TIS_AUSTIN
18th October 2005, 05:01 AM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/Events/1/8223.html

krish244
18th October 2005, 12:21 PM
TIS_AUSTIN, thanks for the link. I was really wondering howcome IndiaGlitz has only three pictures of this concert when I posted the earlier link!

Looks like there are lots of other singers aswell like Uma Ramanan, Sadhana, Mano, swarnalatha, etc who performed. My guess is they performed the "Kaatril Varum Geetham" song as I saw all five (IR, Shreya, Sadhana, Hariharan, Bhava together on stage).

Very nice to see the pics and extremely paining not to experience the concert live :(. Anyway, I am hoping to see the concert sometime soon on Jaya TV!

As some reviews pointed out...nice sets and looks like it was a fairly large orchestra(?).

thanks,

Krishnan

Cinefan
18th October 2005, 05:24 PM
http://www.telugucinema.com/c/movies/teja_oct1805.php

Dir Teja shelves his film Nadu,Nedu,Repu with IR's music for the moment.

TIS_AUSTIN
18th October 2005, 06:53 PM
Krish,

Nice to see SPB and IR togather after long time

app_engine
21st October 2005, 11:50 PM
http://www.hindu.com/fr/2005/10/21/stories/2005102102540100.htm

Popular malayALam MD Jayachandran says IR is his fav MD:-)

vijayr
22nd October 2005, 02:15 AM
Is IR still working with losers like these?
http://www.behindwoods.com/features/News/News34/20-10-05/tamil-movies-news-velu.html

vijayr
22nd October 2005, 04:47 AM
http://www.hindu.com/2005/10/22/stories/2005102207240400.htm

"Ilayaraja has composed a special anthem for the event, the lyrics for which were penned by poets from each of the four languages and Kamal's daughter Shruthi Hassan."

krish244
23rd October 2005, 05:40 PM
http://kamal-aakarsh.blogspot.com/2005/10/time-for-heroes_23.html

check out the above blog...this guy describing the song composed by IR for "AIDS awareness" as out of the world!

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
24th October 2005, 05:09 PM
report on Rediff about "AIDS Cause":

http://in.rediff.com/movies/2005/oct/24gere.htm

thanks,

Krishnan

app_engine
24th October 2005, 07:43 PM
I'd seen the film `Shall we dance' recently and enjoyed it (musical - with ball room dances, Gere & JLO)...didn't realize that it's the same Gere who's the hero of this show...Looks like he has a couple of piano compositions to his credit too...vAzhga!
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000152/

vijayr
24th October 2005, 07:52 PM
Many Hollywood actors are multitalented. Eastwood acted, directed and composed score for his recent Oscar winning film Million dollar baby. Namma oorula Kamal mattum dhaan appadi.

vijayr
24th October 2005, 07:54 PM
Chinmayi mentions in her blog that this show should be on Sun TV soon.

app_engine
24th October 2005, 08:24 PM
http://dinamalar.com/2005oct23varamalar/thunuk.asp
...I remember the movie IR signed up with MGR as `unnai vida mAttEn', which could not be started due to MGR getting busy as CM. This seems to be another news...

alwarpet_andavan
24th October 2005, 10:02 PM
Many Hollywood actors are multitalented.

Very true, starting from Charlie Chaplin....

Namma oorula Kamal mattum dhaan appadi.

:thumbsup:

vijayr
25th October 2005, 12:07 AM
alwarpet, the report in kamal aakarsh's blog says that Kamal also played ghatam during the show along with Jayaram on mridhungam. I didnt know that he could play a percussion instrument too. I guess the theme song by IR should be interesting especially if Kamal was involved in its making. If someone can get and upload that song(along with the 1996 world beauty pagent theme composed by IR) it would be great.

njv
25th October 2005, 02:52 AM
Chinmayi mentions in her blog that this show should be on Sun TV soon.

Dec 1st World AIDS day.

njv
25th October 2005, 02:55 AM
alwarpet, the report in kamal aakarsh's blog says that Kamal also played ghatam during the show along with Jayaram on mridhungam. I didnt know that he could play a percussion instrument too. I guess the theme song by IR should be interesting especially if Kamal was involved in its making. If someone can get and upload that song(along with the 1996 world beauty pagent theme composed by IR) it would be great.

Kamal learned Carnatic from Dr BMK. He plays piano (read long time back in kumudham with Kamal standing next to piano - probably when I was doing my 2nd/3rd bsc). Ghatam seems to be a new addition to his "sakalakala" skills. He even mentioned in IR concert that he could compose but dont want to be competing with IR!!! KH also said in a recent interview that his daughter could be composing soon.

Shankar
25th October 2005, 10:10 AM
Jayaram is a good percussionist. He played the "cheNdai" during some festival in thrissur/tvm. Kamal playing ghatam is news to me.

MADDY
25th October 2005, 01:59 PM
Kamal learned Carnatic from Dr BMK. He plays piano (read long time back in kumudham with Kamal standing next to piano - probably when I was doing my 2nd/3rd bsc). Ghatam seems to be a new addition to his "sakalakala" skills. He even mentioned in IR concert that he could compose but dont want to be competing with IR!!! KH also said in a recent interview that his daughter could be composing soon.

START DISGRESSION:
u guys are forgetting

T.Rajendran:
1.Actor
2.Director
3.Music director
4.Dialogue writer
5.Screenplay
6.Editor
7.Magazine editor
8.Father of "little super star" :D

edhu eppadi irukkudhu??? :wink:

END DISGRESSION

on a more serious note, i think even Ilayaraja himself is a gr8 musician and a gud lyricist , older days actress bhanumati is also called "ashtavadhani" (person who can do 8 things at a time) , chandrababu used to sing and was an excellent comedian..........so we do have a whole range of multi-talented ppl. in TF.......not just kamal :D

thumburu
25th October 2005, 03:15 PM
Maddy, you have forgotten one more talent of IR. He is a great photographer too.

krish244
25th October 2005, 03:18 PM
Ilaiyaraaja at Manodhodu Mazhaikkaalam movie launch!

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/Events/8253.html

thanks,

Krishnan

Cinefan
25th October 2005, 05:11 PM
http://www.idlebrain.com/news/functions/heroesproject.html

Snapshots from the 'Time for heroes'programme.

MumbaiRamki
25th October 2005, 09:06 PM
krish244,
Is KR the MD for this film ?

Sanjeevi
25th October 2005, 11:49 PM
krish244,
Is KR the MD for this film ?

yes, i saw the wall poster

kiru
26th October 2005, 03:52 AM
I... Overall, I'd suggest you approach this soundtrack with low expectations, and you won't be disappointed.
I am afraid you may be right in your suggestion :(

Oru porkalam..sounds like an older song to me, which I cannot put my finger on..To me it does not sound like ennai thaalatta..
Vaanin kaadhal sounds very dated in orchestration. It is these kinds of songs which affect image of IR, rather than the standard tabla melodies, I think.

ananth222
26th October 2005, 06:57 PM
are the twinkle twinkle little star songs available online anywhere?

interz
26th October 2005, 08:11 PM
U can listen to the Twinkle twinkle little star in www.oosai.com, they have the newest tracks.

or else u can download at your own risk in sites like

www.tamilmasala.net
www.tamilbeat.com

vijayr
26th October 2005, 08:22 PM
yedhedho jenmathil was the only decent song in the mallu version. But that too sounds jaded here in the tamil version because of the poor choice of the female singer. KJY sounds awful, glad that he didnt sing in TIS

app_engine
26th October 2005, 11:33 PM
http://www.rediff.com/news/2005/oct/26tn.htm

Is YSR living with IR? (This clip says both ARR & YSR had IT raids...)

app_engine
27th October 2005, 12:03 AM
TTLS supposed to have IR's grandson singing...
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/17377.html

Remember anjali-anjali-anjali song had KR/YSR/Bhava...it continues...

ananth222
27th October 2005, 10:50 AM
U can listen to the Twinkle twinkle little star in www.oosai.com, they have the newest tracks.

or else u can download at your own risk in sites like

www.tamilmasala.net
www.tamilbeat.com

thanks for the links interz

vem
28th October 2005, 02:07 AM
Guys
TTLS is a very mediocre album. Somehow the songs remind us of Anjali, albeit not being of the same class.

TTLS song is a OK song. Somehow I feel that there is an impediment on IR's thought process - Just Anjali songs breaks all the barriers and flow like a river. TTLS somehow gets blockaded frequently (as if IR is playing Nimzowistch)......

In contrast to that, Gajini songs r just fabulous.

As a lover of IR music for the past 25 years, I feel that it is time for us to move on to HJ, ARR and VS.

njv
28th October 2005, 09:58 AM
Guys
TTLS is a very mediocre album. Somehow the songs remind us of Anjali, albeit not being of the same class.

TTLS song is a OK song. Somehow I feel that there is an impediment on IR's thought process - Just Anjali songs breaks all the barriers and flow like a river. TTLS somehow gets blockaded frequently (as if IR is playing Nimzowistch)......

As a lover of IR music for the past 25 years, I feel that it is time for us to move on to HJ, ARR and VS.

move on. i am here to stay.

krish244
28th October 2005, 04:34 PM
IR will be scoring for "AADUM KOOTHU" (remake of malayalam movie "Padam Onnu Oru Vilapam"):

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/17736.html

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
28th October 2005, 04:36 PM
I am sorry...its not a "remake" of that malayalam movie. Its just that its going to the debut movie of the director of that malayalam movie!

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
28th October 2005, 04:42 PM
Movie Review of Kasthurimaan..

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/review/7456.html

About IR's music it says:

"....Ilayaraja as usual comes up with melodious tunes that fits the story...."

No seperate mention about BGM!

thanks,

Krishnan

cry_sandiego
28th October 2005, 08:55 PM
Hi Vem, We will miss you in this forum !. Hope you find what you are looking for in non-IR's music. Good Luck.

On a related note, I have been reading this and " IR composing technique " thread for the last several months.. and my observation is. ( again no offense meant.. )

The interesting thing is that many fans (like Vijayr for ex ) who repeatedyly are dissappointed with IR's songs - say there are more duds/mediocre songs of IR than his good ones etc are predominantly seen on IR threads.

They say IR's music for the most part does not interest them any more , % of dundams/duds/mediocre/rehash way outweigh the % of good ones etc etc.. but it is interesting to see them not being able to move on and still active in IR forums !! .

it's also interesting to see why there are not more threads on either the yesteryear MDs like MSV's great melodies" , " Lowest % of duds by MSV in TFM history" , or on contemporary MDs like " HJ's composing technique".. " Vidyasagar's counterpoints" , " Shruthibetham in ARR songs" and the likes..

It would appear to me that these people should have lost any interest in IR and his music forums given his very low % of good songs in the last several years.. Hmm .. that seems to me like- IR attracts more interest in these forums inspite of his huge % of duds !!!

Cheers
MSK

vijayr
28th October 2005, 09:21 PM
MSK, as bad as IRs recent albums have been I still check every one of them out (just like I do YSR's even though I am not a fan of his stuff). But that doesnt mean I dont listen to other MDs or new non-IR stuff. If you have been to other threads you will know that I post there too.

"it's also interesting to see why there are not more threads on either the yesteryear MDs like MSV's great melodies" , " Lowest % of duds by MSV in TFM history" ,

There are. Check out a whole section called "yesteryears". With many of the older DFers either moving on or having shifted to dhool participation in those threads have probably gone down a bit.BTW, I dont see anything new in IR's threads either, same old flour being ground again. Most of the noteworthy songs and topics have been discussed in 98 itself and are just being recycled, thats all.

In fact its the "current topics" and "ARR's albums" sections thats getting a lot of attention/activity indicating many IR fans(like vem) have indeed moved on or have left TFMDF for good. And a new generation of participants/DFers have taken over.

Vysar
28th October 2005, 11:08 PM
"The re-recording at times has a `Kadhalukku Mariyadhai' touch, while the melodies are thoroughly enjoyable and typically Raja. The positive lyric of the `Oru Porkaalam ... ' song makes you sit up"

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2005/10/28/stories/2005102802900200.htm

cms
29th October 2005, 12:06 AM
If we watch postings of vijayr, one can easily figure out his main aim is to provide damaging feedback of IR albums as quick as possible with an ultimate goal of writing off IR. So IR fans can ignore his comments.

vijayr
29th October 2005, 12:50 AM
cms, thanks for the good humour. Please find all the positive feedback for COA album in this thread (apart from my post), good luck :-)

njv
29th October 2005, 12:55 AM
If we watch postings of vijayr, one can easily figure out his main aim is to provide damaging feedback of IR albums as quick as possible with an ultimate goal of writing off IR. So IR fans can ignore his comments.

No one can writeoff IR. Vem leaving is like "Ikkaraikku akkaraipachchai" - so he will come back. Like IR said, you want a pop-corn, so eat it. I am sure it cant be your meal every single day.

I moved from IR (just like Vem) to ARR but after 95, I said "why am I fooling myself" and then stick to IR. I listen to all albums, ARR, IR, VS, HJ etc, but it is IR songs which opens up my day, like Subrapatham, and it is IR songs which ends my day. From recent songs, I am addicted to Nalla Vaazvu, Kajuraho, Kaatuvizhi, Oru Porkalam. I was listening to Viumandi yesterday after long time and IR took me to places where I have never been before.

Whats important (to me) when I listen to the songs is the flow. How naturally it flows thru my ear, heart, mind. I think IR songs tend to flow much better than anyone else in my ear and so does in millions of ppl around the world.

IR - where music start and end.

cry_sandiego
29th October 2005, 12:56 AM
<MSK, as bad as IRs recent albums have been I still check every one of them out (just like I do YSR's even though I am not a fan of his stuff). >

Why Vijayr.. if the numbers are so astounding and I heard comments from you that it is only getting worse every year..

I am not trying to criticize you here , but just curious what still makes you even sample a CD from IR ( and for christ sake how do you expect a non-dud one from YSR if IR's numbers do not meet your expectation ) where the probability that a song will meet your expectation is pretty bleak and is not getting better by the day. ( Ofcourse TiS is an exception i guess.. not sure if the CD met the decent % threshold of yours )

Second, even if you are sampling just to check out what others think about an IR album, the chances of the song falling under your "Dud" category but praised by the majority of the hubbers here are high ( from what i have seen so far the last couple of years ). So is this a right forum for you to get the information you are looking for.?

Third, this one I am not kidding . On any subject/issue/person, positive comments can be redundant, repetetive and generous. But Negative and repeated comments about shd be at a minimum. Infact the worst criticism an album can get is no mention of it anywhere.. On the other hand, repeated negative criticism ( your broken record comment " IR's hit rate sucked in the 80's and got even worse in the 90s, MSV and other MD's maintained a flawless hit rate etc..) would not be taken very well.. Infact i read through all the 24 pages of " IR's composing technique" thread and very similar to your observation of IR hit rate, your repeated chanting of the same thing( which for argumentative sake i can call "dud" posts ) outweighed your excellent good reviews of the many positive aspects of the music ( though you were mostly responding/defending to others comments )

Anyway, i am sorry for taking the liberty of chiding you on this issue.. Just giving a different perspective.. you do not have to defend this one too. and I will not discuss this again.. Happy ending :-)

Like many others in this forum, I am enjoying Kasturiman and ONOK albums. Yeah there are some numbers in each that I do not like that much. But that is that. I stop my analysis at that. I write a lot about the stuff i like though.

Sorry guys for my digression.

Cheers
MSK

cry_sandiego
29th October 2005, 01:03 AM
CMS,

Vijayr is just frustrated with COA for some reason. His comment on the "fastest composed IR albums' was IR composed for COA in 45 seconds.. That clearly shows he does not like the songs and is upset :-) That's fine.

I would say if you have not listened to COA, I would definitely recommend 2 songs in that album - 1. Ponna pirantha and 2. Nalla vazhvu. These are not the best ones that IR has produced in recent times, but definitely decent songs.

Infact I liked Nalla vazhvu and after the seeing the visuals on SUN TV, i guess the song fitted the situtaion ( so did the lyrics ) very well.

thanks
MSK

cms
29th October 2005, 01:06 AM
cry_sandiego,
Can't be said better than you did.

kr
29th October 2005, 01:48 AM
I agree with the comment on COA. When you see it with the movie, the songs fit the situations so well.

I had been a regular in this thread but have left in disgust because there are a few who jump to conclusion so quickly in denigrating any new IR album that comes out, but insted of just stating that it is their opinion they try to browbeat others who may find the album good until they agree to their negative opinion.

Also hypocritical will be the standards they will have for IR compared to the others - for eg will criticize negatively on IR albums on the first hearing but argue that yo have to listen to other's albums a few times to appreciate them.

It becomes worthless to continue a discussion with such posters. Hence I am away. I check the IR albums page for info on new albums from IR and buy them and enjoy.

vijayr
29th October 2005, 02:22 AM
MSK, if you take a look around you will find that many regulars here and not just me, being unhappy with COA. Same with TTLS, you can check comments of others- it will be mixed reviews at best.Go back and read old responses. So its not just me. COA is medicore.
Even njv here said it was an average album. If you like it so be it, I am not going to chide you for it :-)

"I am not trying to criticize you here , but just curious what still makes you even sample a CD from IR"

Like I said earlier I sample songs of most popular MDs, as a regular TFM listener. With IR, its more so in the hope that he would atleast have one good song in an album.

"On the other hand, repeated negative criticism ( your broken record comment " IR's hit rate sucked in the 80's and got even worse in the 90s, MSV and other MD's maintained a flawless hit rate etc..) would not be taken very well.."

As for what I said in IR's composing technique thread, why discuss it now? Like you said I was defending myself against some absurd comments and its a topic that's been done and over with. And I had to unfortunately repeat myself for the benefit of those who didnt understand (or pretended not to) my points.Plus there were several ppl with whom I was talking to, in that thread and hence had to explain my stance to each one of them thus resulting in repetition. Anyways I disagree that criticism should be minimum and only blind praise should be prevalent everywhere.If you want to participate in such a forum you should be only posting in IR Yahoo fans club or some such group where no criticism is officially allowed :-) IR's recent albums invite criticism IMO and I dont mid expressing it here along with several others who feel the same way (like vem, nithya etc.)

vijayr
29th October 2005, 02:44 AM
On the other hand, Iam curious as to why you keep reading my posts and remembering my comments(even the insignifcant ones like the 45sec comment) knowing very well my taste and judgement. (and especially when I am not the only who has expressed his displeasure over some of IR's recent stuff)

kiru
29th October 2005, 07:39 AM
Guys

oh..man this is really sad.
Like somebody said here, I really hope you find what you enjoy best in other MD's work.
Inspite of the so-called 'duds' IR is still the prime source of popular tamil music for me. Here are my reasons -

Subjective
-------------
1. Music has a nice flow from pallavi - interlude-charanam-interlude-pallavi.
2. There is a tenderness in the tune.
3. There is a depth of emotion/poignancy to the music.
4. Notes sit very well with the lyrics. Most good MDs do this well (I think YSR has some holes there). This aspect is achieved by g

Objective
------------
1. Music has a flow. I think this aspect has a technical nature as well. According to Vel, a rough estimate shows around 50-60% of IR's songs stick to the same raagam.

2. Strings composition in IRs songs are much more complex and interesting. And I think strings go very well with indian melodies.

3. The harmony parts in IR's songs are much more complex than in other MDs works. (This does not mean all his songs have complex harmony layers). I have never seen better counterpoints in any other Indian MDs works .

4. Each song is a good mixture of vocal and instrumental work (interludes).

5. Basslines in any IR is more complex than the more prominent bass in modern MD's work.

and many more I can't put down right now.

Currently, bad lyrics, standard rhythm arrangements and uninspired tunes seem to plague his film songs. But look at TIS, that is mind-blowing..that is the kind of work that interests him..Unfortunately, the audience for such is not that much.

Anyways, you would notice many of the positive aspects I noted above are there even in these 'duds'. So I am perennially hopeful of finding a gem in any new work of IR, i.e even in a film song.

(BTW, did you say Ghajini..man I should go back and listen to it.. I listened to a few songs and none of them captured my attention. I liked ARR's work in two songs in ah aaah though, that intro song was a blast )

cry_sandiego
29th October 2005, 08:45 AM
Vijayr,

I am sorry ....you are out there ..beyond....now i can understand the frustration of the folks in the IR composing tech thread.

Anyways Good luck.

Cheers
MSK

vijayr
29th October 2005, 09:43 AM
"I am sorry ....you are out there ..beyond....now i can understand the frustration of the folks in the IR composing tech thread. "

MSK, whats that supposed to mean?I have explained my stance clearly above.
If you have something concrete to say then do so, instead of taking personal jabs at DFers who dont happen to agree with your taste. Have I chided you anytime for liking songs that I consider mediocre? No. So try to extend the same courtesy.

vem
29th October 2005, 10:18 AM
Guys
I am not a big fan of fast masala songs :) Even today, in bad mood, I just go to Akkarai cheemayil and Chinna thayaval songs to calm myself.

Infact I didnt like any masala song until so far.

But then, when I watched Gajini, the songs fitted so well with the movie and picturization was somehow great. Then I told myself that I am not going to criticize about similarity/repetition in HJ's or ARR's songs here afterwards.

Just accept blindly and enjoy if possible from here afterwards (vathalo thothalo, poosunadho poosaadhado as in Singara Velan).

After that, I somehow couldnt resist listening to TTLS - Man - I got frustrated with the predictability/mediocrity.

Even though I goaded people to leave IR, it is with a lot of pain and sadness - after all IR's 80s,90s songs will stay for ever.

But then ARR, VS and other MDs such as HJ r making waves and I feel that even though they cannot match IR in melodies, their music is still pleasant to hear and sometimes funny too (in murdering TAMIL).

This forum is for expressing opinions freely and not intended for offending/maligning anybody.

Take it easy,

vem
29th October 2005, 10:35 AM
whatever we say, it doesnt matter. i will keep visiting only this thread in Tfmpage and my contribution will be there for ever in this thread (sometimes frustration)
afterall I just cannot forget IR :) and my expectation will be there for every IR album in future :)

rajasaranam
29th October 2005, 01:11 PM
Vem,

you shouldn't have done this :)
Well i saw Ghajini on the first day and had sever headache whenever the songs played :( except 'Suttum vizhi' I dont find any of the songs were good.
Iam happily listening to IR's Kasturimaan, COA, AOKK, ONOK etc., and when i get bored try digging out IR's lost gems from Coolgoose and listen to them. some of my recent finds were ' Idhaya Mazhai' from Aalukoru aasai, 'Aavaram kaatukkul' from Archanai pookal and 'Uriginen' from Anney anney [Mouli :shock: avar padathukku ippadi oru excellent songaaaa :shock: ]

krish244
29th October 2005, 03:15 PM
my feelings about TTLS songs:

1) Salasalakkum Kaatre:

Promising prelude and fastens up later to match the fast pallavi. "...kaaka reeya..." thing is catchy. Endha tribe'lerndhu pudichaangalo indha vaarthaiya :). Percursions (arabian/tribal pattern or whatever) throughout song is interesting and helps the pace of the song. First interlude starts with the percursions with flute pieces & trumpets....and at the end, IR brings it to a halt with a twist that he is so known for. Charanam tune is typical of IR's style and good. Interesting is that the percursions again starts when Manjari starts "naan vaangum...". Second interlude is a bit simpler, but ok. Tippu & Manjari has given it the exhuberance needed. Tippu in the process of being stylish/enthu, should also make sure the words are heard fairly clearly (the 2nd charanam). Karthik has eased through the song. Asha is ok. Overall the song is enjoyable. It could get better with good picturisation.

2) Thudikithu:

I liked the prelude music. Soft beats with flute/synth pattern tune. The pallavi, humming & the beat pattern instantly takes us to "Aasaiya Kaathula.." song. Interludes are nothing great. Karthik impresses. Sometimes I dont like Manjari's nasal induced voice. On the whole, the tune has a deja-vu feeling to it, but still listenable.

3) Twinkle Twinkle: Seems like a song for the kids. Has a catchy & simple pallavi with constant beat pattern. Interludes are ok with some funny sounds sparkled here & there. Good picturisation can make this song gain attention amongs kids. I listened to both version of this song. None of them has Master Yatheeshwar sing much. He sings only the beginning two to three sentences at the beginning of the song and thats it. Other singers has done justification to the song.

4) Magic Journey: Seems like a kids fun song. The prelude could have been more grander for this kind of a song. I was just thinking of the prelude of "Chiraga.." (song from My dear kuttichaathan)...man that was great. Pallavi is again sort of catchy. Synth sort of strings that begins the first interlude is good, but why synth and also I felt interludes could have been better. An ok song. Kids probably may like it.

5) Hey! You: You make a IR hardcore fan hear this song and he/she will not believe that it is by IR :) This song does not follow any particular pattern. Ranjith has given the right feeling to the song. Picturisation may make kids enjoy this song.

6) Engengo Pokindra: I like this song the best in the album. A good & soothing song. Interludes are pretty decent aswell. Although in a few places Jesudas's age shows up, he has sung it very well. I did not like Manjari's version much. Some other female singer should have sung the song.

On the whole I would say one should not expect something like the mammoth "Anjali". Its an "ok" album. I will treasure "Engengo" (only jesudas version), Salasalkkum Kaatre & "Twinkle Twinkle" (for my kids :)) & maybe "Thudikithu..".

Once again I would request IR to reduce synth usage and increase usage of strings sections, trumpets, etc. He has brought deja-vu feelings to the tunes....why not give us the deja-vu feelings of those grand interludes???

thanks,

Krishnan

njv
29th October 2005, 06:00 PM
whatever we say, it doesnt matter. i will keep visiting only this thread in Tfmpage and my contribution will be there for ever in this thread (sometimes frustration)
afterall I just cannot forget IR :) and my expectation will be there for every IR album in future :)

Yep, same with every one of IR fans.

Rajasaranam sir, I will try out the other songs that you mentioned. Never heard them b4.

rooky
30th October 2005, 10:57 PM
Guys
I am not a big fan of fast masala songs :) Even today, in bad mood, I just go to Akkarai cheemayil and Chinna thayaval songs to calm myself.

Infact I didnt like any masala song until so far.

But then, when I watched Gajini, the songs fitted so well with the movie and picturization was somehow great. Then I told myself that I am not going to criticize about similarity/repetition in HJ's or ARR's songs here afterwards.

Just accept blindly and enjoy if possible from here afterwards (vathalo thothalo, poosunadho poosaadhado as in Singara Velan).

After that, I somehow couldnt resist listening to TTLS - Man - I got frustrated with the predictability/mediocrity.

Even though I goaded people to leave IR, it is with a lot of pain and sadness - after all IR's 80s,90s songs will stay for ever.

But then ARR, VS and other MDs such as HJ r making waves and I feel that even though they cannot match IR in melodies, their music is still pleasant to hear and sometimes funny too (in murdering TAMIL).

This forum is for expressing opinions freely and not intended for offending/maligning anybody.

Take it easy,

Gajini songs.U mean to say ALL songs in this movie are good? when 1 or 2 of the songs get popular, u call the album superb one.Y not his applies to IR?Add to that the background score of HJ is very very predictable as is his songs.
we are used to such negligence all the time.. When sachin scores 7 fifties in his 10 innings,majority of the indians are not happy with that.They keep saying he hasn't scored a century in the last 10 matches.But,when an average player makes three fifties in 10 matches,media nad public appreciiate him a lot.I guess, this example fits here perfectly.very sad

rooky
30th October 2005, 11:01 PM
Try listening to the orachestra (moods) from IRs' italy concert.One of my friends had downloaded this 8 minute piece(only instruments) in his PC.It is absolutely mind blowing. This is available in Mohankumars MP3 forums.Listen to it,if u haven't yet.

kiru
31st October 2005, 04:40 AM
Vem, I hope you are not upset with my post. I do respect. But all I wanted to say was, there are some areas which other MDs are still not doing it right or not doing it by choice (like ARR) . So these sort of music will not appeal to people like me.

kiru
31st October 2005, 06:16 AM
TTLS is very good , not really excellent, but very good. engengo is a masterpiece..this one for complexity/mature stuff ..twinkle twinkle little star for the simplicity.. I am enjoying both..(obviously, the Maestro thinks not just the italians even the new generation gotta hear the aasaiya kaththula song :-) )

vijayr
31st October 2005, 07:53 AM
The Ranjith song in TTLS has its prelude ripped off Viju Shah's "Gupt" song (bechaniyaan). Or IR has used the same sound samples as Viju Shah did from a common source. This is from the same IR who claimed(or boasted) in one of the TIS programmes that he doesnt use any readmade sound samples/off the shelf samplers etc.

Shankar
31st October 2005, 03:48 PM
T V Chandran's (noted mallu dir) next movie has its score composed by Raja.

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/News/News35/29-10-05/tamil-movies-news-cheran.html

vem
31st October 2005, 09:26 PM
Kiru
Definitely not. Looks lile Kasthuriman is a sure hit acc to Deccan Herald paper.

Happy Diwali !!!

kiru
31st October 2005, 11:27 PM
The Ranjith song in TTLS has its prelude ripped off Viju Shah's "Gupt" song (bechaniyaan). Or IR has used the same sound samples as Viju Shah did from a common source. This is from the same IR who claimed(or boasted) in one of the TIS programmes that he doesnt use any readmade sound samples/off the shelf samplers etc.
I think he said..he is using it moderately ..if I remember 'ilai maraikkAyAi'..maybe this time it did not 'maraichufy' that well..
Anyways, the song has a 80s flavor..which the 'in' crowd may not take to it..a wasted effort, I guess.

gopiharan
1st November 2005, 12:24 AM
DIGRESSION:
Hi,
Can anyone say where can i get the downloadable mp3 songs of 'KandhaSashtiKavasam' from net?

Thanks,
Gopi.

rpattabi
1st November 2005, 04:36 PM

Well before Gupt song, AR Rahman fans will know that this particular sound/sample is also used in "Thiruda Thiruda" background score [or Chor Chor, as the track was released as its theme music]. Apparently its a commercial readymade sound sample.

I don't think raaja ever said that he will not use such things, but he never used readymade stuff usually. I also don't understand what forced him to use this sound here, as it was unnecessary IMHO.

I tend to think the possibility of other person's hand in the final mixing process, because if I know it right Raaja is not particularly savvy about ready made stuff. For his kind of songs he doesn't need them for that matter. Since this particular thing is unusal, it is noticed and we discuss here.

-------

There was other discussion somewhat relatd to this which claims ilayaraja usually does copying 'Elai marai kai'. I want to provide my opinion of this issue.

Raaja never needed to 'copy' anything. He is too great a music talent to look for other's stuff to put in his music. To understand his virtuasity itself needs some dedicated and evolved understanding of music on the listeners' part, which unfortunately is not that common.

If someone thinks that Ilayaraja copies, I don't want to argue them. All i would say is to suggest them hear and understand more music than go by the immature opinions like 'this sound is like that', etc.

Anbudan,
Ragu

rajdes
2nd November 2005, 12:53 PM
T.V.Chandran - well, i guess he will be able to extract a different dimension of IR in BGM but I hardly expect he will have songs in his movies - infact, mostly silence is BGM in his movies. Dont keep up too much expectations - even if he is forced to include songs as per Tamil producers' sensibilities, I dont think he has experience in choosing and picturising songs for his movies so IR may get away with another 45-second album!

Kastoori Maan - did like parts of it. Despite reminding atleast 3 different songs, Ketkalayo has me hooked - and it is one of the few IR songs which has made me addictive - I mean in the sort of "play it back to back for hours together" kind of addictiveness. This doesnt happen for me for most IR songs I like - I think mainly because they are so complete you dont feel the need to listen again immediately you just soak in the experience. However, this one seems to leave that Potato Chips kind of temporary addiction taste :-)
Ennai Ketkum, save for Tippu's brash singing, is good, too.

Above everything else, atleast 3 songs from the movie are lively - a feature not always present in recent IR albums

Manjari is a good find.

thumburu
2nd November 2005, 03:37 PM
Regarding this usage of off-the shelf sample thing, I believe IR has already used it in the "masthana" song in Rasaiya. But looks like the good for nothing KR should be tampering with most of IR's songs of today to make it sound trendy. One can see thru a whale of difference in the treatment of "Kaatril varum geethame" which I believe IR took personal care and the other synth driven songs of ONOK where IR might have just composed the melody line and left the rest to KR.

njv
2nd November 2005, 05:49 PM
One can see thru a whale of difference in the treatment of "Kaatril varum geethame" which I believe IR took personal care and the other synth driven songs of ONOK where IR might have just composed the melody line and left the rest to KR.

I dont knwo why people didnt talk about the remix version of Kaatril Varum Geethamae, which came in the original CD, not in movie. This must be KR's work. While it is done decent enough, if this was the only version released, then this album would have been gone unnoticed!

rooky
2nd November 2005, 10:12 PM
[tscii:77bbe875dd]24.10.2005 - Thiruvasagam Audio Sales - A Record

Ilaiyaraaja's Thiruvasagam - A Symphonic Oratorio has made history in sales, in Tamil Nadu. The audio distributors Well Gate say they have sold 35000 CDs and 25000 cassettes of the album. According to Landmark, a leading chain bookstore in Chennai, the Thiruvasagam audio sale has been "stunning". They have sold 10700 CDs and 2800 cassettes. As many as 3000 CDs were bought on the first day of release of audio (30th June 05). Odyssey, another major chain store in Chennai recorded good sales of 4000 CDs and 2500 cassettes of the audio. News © Deccan Chronicle, 24 Oct 2005
[/tscii:77bbe875dd]

vijayr
3rd November 2005, 03:15 AM
In other words any bad sounding synth interludes has to be due to KR and anything worthwhile(which is very rare) has got to be due to IR. Nice and convenient :-)

3rd November 2005, 04:03 AM
wow, just last week I was wondering what if Kamal had acted in TV Chandran flicks!!! This promises to be a cracker what with the likes of Madhu Ambat behind the lens, scenes in Nagercoil... but I'm thinking if it will be quite different from TVC's usual ones - Vivek, Manorama, Pandiarajan, Sriman in the cast..Perhaps we might have some songs going by the title.
Good one in the offing. :clap:

njv
3rd November 2005, 05:11 AM
In other words any bad sounding synth interludes has to be due to KR and anything worthwhile(which is very rare) has got to be due to IR. Nice and convenient :-)

Whats ur problem vijayr. If you dont like IR can u keep quite.

vijayr
3rd November 2005, 12:09 PM
njv, quieta irukkaradhukka forumukku varudhu?ungaLukku pudikkalainna padikkaatheenga en postsa. I just found it amusing,the whole blaming KR for every bad synth interlude. kayyila oru padam kooda illaama inga maximum thittu vaangara MD KR dhaan :-)

K
3rd November 2005, 12:16 PM
http://thatstamil.indiainfo.com/news/2005/11/02/illayaraja.html

NagaS
3rd November 2005, 01:52 PM
kayyila oru padam kooda illaama inga maximum thittu vaangara MD KR dhaan :-)

Good one ... :D

But I heard KR is working on three / four movies now - all small budget may be, He has talent, But I don't see any possibilities of him becoming a front-line MD in near future :(

NagaS

rajdes
3rd November 2005, 02:17 PM
nagas, long time no see?
karthik raja - he has been showing promise for years now without much luck - seems to be a murali kartik case - gets a few chances - sometimes delivers big sometimes gives a ordinary performance and somehow, people only remember the poor performances :-)

thumburu
3rd November 2005, 03:58 PM
kayyila oru padam kooda illaina kaiya kattindu chamatha irukkanam. Adhai vittuttu ippidi appa perai kedukkalamo?

zz
3rd November 2005, 04:17 PM
Read the first review of AOKK

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/review.php?id=13975843&ctid=5&cid=2429

njv
3rd November 2005, 05:34 PM
njv, quieta irukkaradhukka forumukku varudhu?ungaLukku pudikkalainna padikkaatheenga en postsa. I just found it amusing,the whole blaming KR for every bad synth interlude. kayyila oru padam kooda illaama inga maximum thittu vaangara MD KR dhaan :-)

Okay, you have Vijay vs Ajith and Vikram vs Surya forum for all these nonsense. I dont mind you criticising the music, but you end up criticising the people as if you are the authority. Yes, I am going to avoid your postings from now, no matter what.

Cinefan
3rd November 2005, 05:37 PM
kayyila oru padam kooda illaama inga maximum thittu vaangara MD KR dhaan :-)

Good one ... :D

NagaS

Welcome back Naga,think you are missing for more than 2 months now.

njv
3rd November 2005, 05:37 PM
Read the first review of AOKK

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/review.php?id=13975843&ctid=5&cid=2429

zz, dont even bother abt sify. If you pay money, they will nominate the movie for oscar. If you look at Indiaglitz, they will give a +ve feedback because it has been advertised there (even worst, they dont know what to do,so they give a confusing verdict for all, be it music/movie)

Wait for AV or sureshmischt. From what I heard so far, the movie is very good. Rajasaranam compared it to moondraam pirai. Another friend of mine told me that this will definitely fetch a national award. So dont bother about cheap websites.

rajasaranam
3rd November 2005, 06:19 PM
njv,

I dont really know what they expect in a movie. This movie is the experiences and happenings in the life of a 21 yr old boy. The fun, Love, Sex, hate, humanity, anger, rage.... all aspects of human emotions are touched upon in the film. A near flawless narrative, excellent music, editing, cinematography all are in its best. It does have shades of BM's earlier movies But This is BM'Ishtyle. Its a decent movie. Which leaves you with heavy emotions at the end. My friend who accompanied me Insisted on seeing Sivakasi immtly that he wanted to get out from the hangover of this movie :) This one sentence from him spoke volumes about how the movie is getting in deeply into a moviegoer.
Well I had to End up with an Headache watching Sivakasi while he said " Itha than ethirparthu vanthaen, Naalu fight, anju paatu......thaaa saravedi kaatha kizhikithu :lol: " . Me too had fun from sivakasi at times but it was a headache for me on the whole as a movie :( . I said " Ithu tamizh makkaloda saabam nalla padam paarthu romba disturbingaa irukuthunnu sollittu Sivakasi madri padangala hit aakurathu " . I know for sure that AOKK will be a flop while Sivakasi will be super duper hit :(
But the next day surprisingly we both struck a chord together while watching 'Majaa' . It was fun all around and very good movie. May be the The reason was because its from a Malayalam Film.
Box-office will give the verdict as
1.Sivakaasi
2.Majaa
3.AOKK

I would rate
1.Majaa
2.AOKK
101.Sivakaasi

njv
3rd November 2005, 08:41 PM
njv,

I dont really know what they expect in a movie.

You answered it in your reply itself.

"Naalu fight, anju paatu......thaaa saravedi kaatha kizhikithu :lol: "

This movie is the experiences and happenings in the life of a 21 yr old boy. The fun, Love, Sex, hate, humanity, anger, rage.... all aspects of human emotions are touched upon in the film. A near flawless narrative, excellent music, editing, cinematography all are in its best

Good enough for me to go to theatre and watch this movie. Based on the review from few of my friends, Sivakasi is a definite head-ache and they asked me to avoid at any cost. I wouldnt see this even in "thiruttu vcd". Why buy headache?

Yes, I have got +ve feedback abt maaja, bambara kannalae (hate it cuz srikanth deva used TIS in this!) apart from AOKK.

I wonder how/why parents allow their kids to see vijay's movie. His movies are BIG NO in my house. If at all we want to see, we treat it as an "adult only" movie and watch it when everybody is sleeping, including my parents!

vijayr
3rd November 2005, 08:53 PM
"I dont mind you criticising the music, but you end up criticising the people as if you are the authority."

I didnt criticize you or anyone in particular here. My post was on the general opinion about KR that some ppl have here and I said it in a humorous vein. I guess I have the right to post about what I think of that opinion, just like how you have been taking the right to defend(or bash) anyone who says anything against IR or TIS. Isnt it? You seem to misunderstand posts all the time, remember the earlier instance when you completely misunderstood rajdes and then said you wont come back to this forum at all? :-) Welcome back, anyways.

app_engine
3rd November 2005, 08:56 PM
http://www.kumudam.com/reporter/061105/pg2.php

More info on `koodal nagar' issue...

NagaS
3rd November 2005, 09:34 PM
Digression.Start

hei, 'welcome back' posts for me ? wow, I feel like 'return'dulkar ;) ...

Was absent because of a promotion and related issues :) Only good news is, got an iPod finally, and going to load it with tonnnnns of songs ...

Digression.end

Is IR the MD for Thangar Bachan's next movie ? I heard he is doing muzik for 'kaathal arangam' (Dir : 'kadavul' fame velu prabhakaran)

NagaS

njv
3rd November 2005, 11:09 PM
Isnt it? You seem to misunderstand posts all the time, remember the earlier instance when you completely misunderstood rajdes and then said you wont come back to this forum at all? :-) Welcome back, anyways.

mootapoochikku bayanthu veeta koluthara aalu naan illai. i would rather buy "hit" and get rid of mootapoochi, and yeah, thank you for judging me correctly, like the way you judge other people including KR/IR.

Vysar
4th November 2005, 12:06 AM
positive review from alleged yellow paper. No answer on Tsunami relief fund and music college!!!! I(LIE)ARAAJA

http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/REVIEW/2005/athu-oru.asp

vijayr
4th November 2005, 02:28 AM
njv, thats fine. indha forumukku varamaattennu neenga dhaan statement vittadhu. No one asked you to stay away.

zz
4th November 2005, 06:08 PM
njv,

My friend saw that movie in rakesh Theatre in Chrompet even when many of his friends wanted to see sivakasi. My friend has a policy that he will not see Vijay's movie at any cost. I guess Rajasaranam too saw the movie in the same theatre, because it runs Sivakasi in Vetri which is in the same complex where rakesh is. Sorry if I have assumed it wrongly.

Why I put the review in this forum from sify is that when he told me in the morning that the film is a dud and a waste of money for him, I immediately came to this forum to look for any review. Then I had to search the net, which I generally do not do as all the enformation about reviews I get it from TFMPAGE. When I found that sify too reflected most of my friends opinion, I posted the review here.

I listened to the songs once and obviously it did not have any thing to impress. Do not frown on me as you yourself can see that even many HC IRFs do not show interest on the songs.

I was just curious and when I saw a review similar to what my friend expressed, I posted that here. Or else I generally do not interfier in IR thread affairs.

app_engine
4th November 2005, 07:04 PM
"Ilaiyaraja's music, particularly the re-recording is excellent."

says The Hindu (AOKK)

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2005/11/04/stories/2005110402330200.htm

5th November 2005, 02:28 AM
Can anyone pls comment on Mogamull the movie and any comments on IR's musical score? Is the movie worth it?

thx

njv
5th November 2005, 02:53 AM
Can anyone pls comment on Mogamull the movie and any comments on IR's musical score? Is the movie worth it?

thx

Movie by itself is not worth it. Its very slow. Music & BGM is good, but again more carnatic than anythign else. I wouldnt buy this either for the movie or for IR.

dude
5th November 2005, 04:36 AM
I have been listening to the Oru Naal Oru Kanavu songs repeatedly and everytime I am completely blown away by the songs.

Especially Katril varum geethame and kajiraho. Even Konjam thira and Enna paatu is growing on me.

Raja sir, hats off to you...

baroque
5th November 2005, 05:00 AM
njv, you didn't like 'mogamul'?? I really liked the movie, of course long time ago i watched it! the songs are GREAT!
1.Kamalam paadha kamal.... KJJ
2.Sollayo vaai thirandhu....-two versions M.G.Sree kumar and by Janaki!

Sollayo.... what a song that conveys viragadhapam, sense of longing!!!!!!! Raaja brings out the emotion so well in this song! njv, Neenga miss pannidadheengo!! amazing song! the prelude flute with veena appadiye yennavo pannum, Janaki's singing, very apt lyrics makes this song my all time fav Janaki's solo!!
3.sangeetha gnanamu... Thyagaraja krithi in dhanyasi by KJJ
Very nice album!

njv
5th November 2005, 08:58 AM
njv, you didn't like 'mogamul'?? I really liked the movie, of course long time ago i watched it! the songs are GREAT!

Honestly I watched this when I was in school or college and again watched when I started watching every IR movie. May be I didnt like it then. Today I rented the movie again. I am gonna watch tonight. I liked Vishwathulasi a lot and if its anything like that I am gonna enjoy.

Sorry for my earlier feedback. I will provide my feedback again after watching this.

Sanjeevi
5th November 2005, 11:56 AM
1.Kamalam paadha kamal.... KJJ
2.Sollayo vaai thirandhu....-two versions M.G.Sree kumar and by Janaki!

Sollayo.... what a song that conveys viragadhapam, sense of longing!!!!!!! Raaja brings out the emotion so well in this song! njv, Neenga miss pannidadheengo!! amazing song! the prelude flute with veena appadiye yennavo pannum, Janaki's singing, very apt lyrics makes this song my all time fav Janaki's solo!!
3.sangeetha gnanamu... Thyagaraja krithi in dhanyasi by KJJ
Very nice album!

I like the song much "Nenjae guru nathar" in mogamul, a nice song

balaji
5th November 2005, 07:22 PM
"Mogamul" was a good movie. However the NOVEL is great. Janakiraman's writing will be so powerful.

IR's music was a great asset to the movie and so was Archana Joglekhar.

Bala

Saagar
7th November 2005, 12:12 AM
I was just watching Surya TV now when a Mal movie (of 80s) came up with Music by Kannoor Rajan - missed to see the title of the film. The title song "Aruvugal Olam thullum thaazhvarayil", was sung by Ilayaraaja. It was a surprise... I did not now IR had sung for another MD in Mal in 80s. A nice song with good pronunciation by IR. Any idea on the movie.?

7th November 2005, 03:45 AM
friends,
of course I knew mogamull had great songs and BGM and I was definitely going to watch it for that alone. I was just curious if the story was good. But that would be a query unrelated to music and I feared it would get deleted here! Hence I pretended not to know anything abt it :)
Seems to be a good arty movie, dont miss it if you havent seen it.
thank you njv, balaji, Sanjeevi and baroque.

baroque
7th November 2005, 04:46 AM
I am listening to 'kanden yengum ....' Haunting janaki's solo in the movie kaatriniley varum geetham!! Aaha!! yenna pattu adhu!! The humming prelude. tabla beats, janaki's mesmerizing singing, second interlude with Raaja's haunting flute with janaki's humming, shri.Ilayaraaja's finest!!

Kaatriniley varum geetham is a vintage raaja album!! This is the Raaja i love!!

Cinefan
7th November 2005, 04:41 PM
http://sify.com/movies/malayalam/fullstory.php?id=13978535

IR to score the music for Sathyan Anthikkad's mal film with Mohan Lal&Meera Jasmine.

Sanjeevi
8th November 2005, 09:47 AM
I am listening to 'kanden yengum ....' Haunting janaki's solo in the movie kaatriniley varum geetham!! Aaha!! yenna pattu adhu!! The humming prelude. tabla beats, janaki's mesmerizing singing, second interlude with Raaja's haunting flute with janaki's humming, shri.Ilayaraaja's finest!!

Kaatriniley varum geetham is a vintage raaja album!! This is the Raaja i love!!

hi, it has another 2 great songs

Shankar
8th November 2005, 10:47 AM
Sanjeevi,
"Chithira sevvAnam sirikka kaNdEn" by jayachandran is another great number from that movie.

baroque
8th November 2005, 11:24 AM
Yes, Sanjeevi & shankar!!
Jayachandran mesmerizes you with two songs in this movie!!
oru vaanavil pole.... & chithira sevvanam.....
Vintage Raaja!!

Sanjeevi
8th November 2005, 02:23 PM
Yes, Sanjeevi & shankar!!
Jayachandran mesmerizes you with two songs in this movie!!
oru vaanavil pole.... & chithira sevvanam.....
Vintage Raaja!!

Excellent songs.
Can anybody know the link in which Nandu songs available?

Kupps
8th November 2005, 10:26 PM
I think the kaNdEn engum...kaRRinilE varum geedham female solo song has three versions. A rarest occurrence because each of these version is sung by three great singers - PS, SJ and VJ.

I read this information earlier in the TFMPage or dhool.

And yeah, as barouque mentioned PJ mesmerises us in those two superb songs.

Seems TFM lovers are in a musical treat when some thing related to "kaRRinil", "varum", "geedham" words appear -- be it great MS meera song or be it this film song or oflate the kaRRil varum geedhamE song of ONOK.

thumburu
9th November 2005, 12:40 PM
Kupps, you can add "kaatril endhan geetham" Johnny song to your list :)

vem
10th November 2005, 06:22 AM
AOKK has been declared as a failure.
Source: musicindiaonline.com

Yesterday I was watching the IR live concert. The sad part is that lots of new songs were played (Virumandi, ONOK, Ramana etc etc).

It was very pleasing to listen to Azhagi songs and Vanaville song from Ramana.

IR basically composes acc to the budget of the movie (even though this may not be true in the 80s and 90s).

That is predictable nowasays atleast.

Sanjeevi
10th November 2005, 11:08 AM
Dear IR Fans, this happened due to very eagar of new singers to participate the concert

Sanjeevi
10th November 2005, 06:37 PM
Once (5 years before???) kumudam.com conducted a open comparision between ARR and IR. I enjoyed while reading the result 5 at that time.

Surprisingly, i got the same but with different link.

http://vivekrk.8k.com/bmessage1.html :thumbsup:

kiru
10th November 2005, 09:10 PM
Hello NagaS,
Are you around ? Could you use your contacts in the news business, to get more coverage on TIS financing/marketing goings on ? Basically, it looks like that TIS-USA and Tamil Mayyam are in trouble when IR is supposedly holding the copyrights to some areas. Dont know how much of this is true. But the TIS-USA and Tamil Mayyam are not really happy. How about some investigative journalism here ? If this comes out into the open, IR will open up and will see some resolution here. Till then, some of us, even ardent fans like IR are not feeling good and some originally anti-IR people are gloating over this.

kiru
10th November 2005, 09:18 PM
I would also like to add some fans in the USA who contributed to the TIS efforts are angry and are planning to sue IR primarily and others involved on this. The contributions were made based on the pleas of IR and they are suspecting it is all falsehoods. If the newspaper wants a person with real name and address to quote, I volunteer. there will be others too.

10th November 2005, 10:47 PM
Balu Mahendra is working on his last hurrah according to this link:

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/17845.html

A fitting end to his glittering career by focussing on Eelam!

IR would be the natural choice, though for a heart-touching topic like this, I'd prefer someone more motivated.

Ungalukku kodi punniyam sanjeevi, I was searching night and day for that link last week :)

rajasaranam
11th November 2005, 12:49 AM
IR would be the natural choice, though for a heart-touching topic like this, I'd prefer someone less cunning and more motivated.

That was preposterous How much of IR's music seems less motivated and more cunning. Can you please throw light on this. This is nonsense- IR has done something wrong in business angle and all of us over here are fuming over this. But IR's music is nevertheless the same from his heart. Can anybody refute this :?:

And for todays listening Iam hooked on to 'Karagattakaari' -Kaatu kili , Otha Rooba, Saada maada, Kotti vecha ....Great songs for this dud movie.

kiru
11th November 2005, 05:41 AM
IR would be the natural choice, though for a heart-touching topic like this, I'd prefer someone less cunning and more motivated.

That was preposterous How much of IR's music seems less motivated and more cunning. Can you please throw light on this. This is nonsense- IR has done something wrong in business angle and all of us over here are fuming over this. But IR's music is nevertheless the same from his heart. Can anybody refute this :?:

And for todays listening Iam hooked on to 'Karagattakaari' -Kaatu kili , Otha Rooba, Saada maada, Kotti vecha ....Great songs for this dud movie.

Let me try, people can act as nice guys in movies, people can sing as though they really feel those words, so how difficult it is compose tunes even if you dont really believe in that stuff ?...
Am I stretching it too far ? hmm. may be I am a bit angry over this TIS finance handling.
After this news these few days, I am reluctant to pick up an IR CD to play..but when I played mouna raagam - chinna chinna vannak kuyilll..man..amazing bassline in the pallavi and through out the charanams there is a drum hit and a few bass notes ..very very impressive..Talented for sure !!!!

rajasaranam
11th November 2005, 04:04 PM
Kiru,

Bharathiaar - kanja adipaaru - so inimae avar kavithaigal padikka vaendam
Kannadasan - Saraakku martum pengal vishaythil konjam matteraana aalu - so inimae avar paadalgal kaetka vaendam
Manickavasagar - Arasu panathai thirudinaar - so inimae tiruvasagam padikkamaatom
Budhhar - Pondati pullaingala anathaiya vittuttu odi poitaar - so inimae avar ahimsa thathuvatha Yaethukka maatom.
Ovvaiyaar - kaLlu kudipaanga - so inimae Aathichudi padikkamaatom
namma Amma Appa kittayum sila kuraigal irukku - so inimae avanga kooda paesa vaendam.

Perfect man than namakku mukkiyam. Apdi oru kurai illatha manushana kaatunga Kiru namma ellorum avaryae follow pannalam Okva.....

Avar mela TIS thavirthum enakku neraya vimarsanangal undu. Aana avarthan enakku aadharsha purushan, kadavul ellamae...
Ilaiyaraaja kitta kurai irukkalam aana athukkaaga avar isaiyavae thooki podra alavukku poyachunna apparam vazhrathukku ennathan micham irukku ulagathil?

zz
11th November 2005, 05:18 PM
I guess, what Rajasaranam has said is quite well put and a very emotional posting. Infact the examples that he has given is very apt.

Kiru, though I do not have any business to post here at this point of time, I guess, mistake or crime (all assumed) made by IR should not darken all the other achivements by IR. IR's songs cannot be maligned by all these speculation even if they are true and loving those songs have to be a mutually exclusive experience for any fan.

alwarpet_andavan
11th November 2005, 06:24 PM
Rajasaranam,
Azhndha karuthukkaL, arthamuLLa soRKKaL :thumbsup:

Kiru,
Yes, "Chinna Chinna" is an amazing number with some mindblowing bass guitwar work....

rprakash
11th November 2005, 07:55 PM
In fact these rae a few more-
Mozart-womaniser/drunk
Tcahikovsky-homosexual
Beethoven-financially supposed to be dodgy/notorious temper
vivaldi-again a priest but a womaniser as well
so do not llisten to all these?

cry_sandiego
11th November 2005, 10:14 PM
Dear Kiru,

Seems like a pretty Childish view to me !!

cry_sandiego
11th November 2005, 10:22 PM
What about our immensely talented Kamal Hasan - are you going to say his acting is not committed or True based on his personal life.?? C'mon.. this whole TIS copyright issue seems to be getting out of control !!. Who cares that we care !!

We all need to stop getting into Artists's life and just stop ourselves at criticising/commenting/praising their work.

Cheers
MSK

app_engine
11th November 2005, 10:29 PM
Digression:

http://www.dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=220928&disdate=11/11/2005

see Raja & SJ in an old picture in the above link...

(There is another hilarious interview - "oru korangu illAtti innoru korangu"
http://www.dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=220588&disdate=11/9/2005
)

baroque
11th November 2005, 10:33 PM
[tscii:d0ca82729f]Friends, Please we all know Kiru doesn't mean it!!

Kiru wrote, ‘ when I played mouna raagam - chinna chinna vannak kuyilll..man..amazing bassline in the pallavi and through out the charanams there is a drum hit and a few bass notes ..very very impressive..Talented for sure !!!’

Kiru, kobum yellam pochaa?? :wink: For us its ALWAYS Ilayaraaja! Ilayaraaja has overwhelmed our souls with HIS music, HE is inseparable from our lives!!

Now Pattu, I am listening to ‘Rettai Vaal kuruvi’.
I am addicted to the song ‘raja raja cholan ....’Great guitar interludes, catchy rhythm,KJJ’s singing!!! I just crave for more!!
Lets continue from here... love, vinatha.

[/tscii:d0ca82729f]

12th November 2005, 03:58 AM
Friends,
I have edited my post.

My post had more to do with Balu Mahendra than with IR. It doesnt need much intelligence to say that IR has done little justice to his talent since Sethu, Hey Ram, Bharathi. He is only going to come up with an indifferent score like in Solla Marandha Kadhai, Manasellam, COA, AOKK, ME, etc. Do you think IR will put his heart and soul into it like he did for TiS? No way! For him it will be just another movie, but for Balu fans, his last movie is not something trivial. I really wont mind ARR given a chance("sound engineer" dhaan but atleast he will slog for it). No one doubts IR's talents, it is his attitude which is sickening.

Digression:
For some reason no serious documentary-style movie ever came out with Eelam as theme(directors are more concerned with Kashmir, Pak etc). Ironic that the tamils in India are reaping the fruits of tech-boom which their own race 700 kms below experienced bestiality of mindboggling proportions.

Digressing further, here's T.Sabaratnam's tracing the history of the eelam freedom movement(Saba is like our Mani Sir) - makes for a gripping read, especially the July 1983 pogrom on tamils:

http://www.sangam.org/Sabaratnam/index.htm

Sanjeevi
12th November 2005, 12:46 PM
Kiru,

Bharathiaar - kanja adipaaru - so inimae avar kavithaigal padikka vaendam
Kannadasan - Saraakku martum pengal vishaythil konjam matteraana aalu - so inimae avar paadalgal kaetka vaendam
Manickavasagar - Arasu panathai thirudinaar - so inimae tiruvasagam padikkamaatom
Budhhar - Pondati pullaingala anathaiya vittuttu odi poitaar - so inimae avar ahimsa thathuvatha Yaethukka maatom.
Ovvaiyaar - kaLlu kudipaanga - so inimae Aathichudi padikkamaatom
namma Amma Appa kittayum sila kuraigal irukku - so inimae avanga kooda paesa vaendam.

Perfect man than namakku mukkiyam. Apdi oru kurai illatha manushana kaatunga Kiru namma ellorum avaryae follow pannalam Okva.....

Avar mela TIS thavirthum enakku neraya vimarsanangal undu. Aana avarthan enakku aadharsha purushan, kadavul ellamae...
Ilaiyaraaja kitta kurai irukkalam aana athukkaaga avar isaiyavae thooki podra alavukku poyachunna apparam vazhrathukku ennathan micham irukku ulagathil?

Nalla sonnenga rajasaranam, well done 8-)

thumburu
12th November 2005, 05:11 PM
Hi, I happened to watch an unknown film "IPC 215" yesterday. IR is the MD and there are no songs in this interesting, unique theme [lot of legal arguments] directed by Charuhasan. What can I say about BGM? Simply brilliant. How much life can he infuse with his background music even for a non sentimental, cut and dry movie like IPC 215 !!!

njv
13th November 2005, 09:50 PM
I posted couple of days back in TIS forum to forget TIS, IR and if possible his music as well. I watched AOKK yesterday and I am totally moved by the movie and more than the movie, by BGM.

I heard abt IPC, but never seen it. Where did you saw the movie? Any DVD/VCD available?

vem
14th November 2005, 07:29 AM
IR in Aadum koothu
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/n/i/tamil/2696/

Renault
14th November 2005, 10:36 PM
Maestro fans,

I also read in today's Deccan Chronicle that Raja is the MD for a movie named "Acharya" starring Vignesh, based on a real life story. The director seems to be an associate of Bala. The lineage continues hence from Balu Mahendra-->Bala--> Acharya director.

Effectively Maestro's non-released movies include:

Kasthoori Man
Acharya
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
Naan Kadavul (yet to start)
Aadum Koothu

pls add if u know of any other movies. Ths year has been a good one for Raja fans.

vem
15th November 2005, 11:07 AM
Highlights of Maestro IR's live concert

The last part was in Jaya TV last sunday. For dudes in USA and outside India, u can watch the programme in numtv.com.
It is worth it !!!!

The last part had Ilankathu visuthe sung by Tippu, thenral vandhu from Avatharam, ninuko ree varanam, IR's music from Kolangal (Unbelievable and also divine), a sample from TIS, veetukku veetukku etc.

Vivek, RV Udhaykumar, Thyagarajan, Srinivas etc spoke very highly of IR. SPB actually reminisced those good old days when he used to work with IR.

The final beauty was from DRUMS SIVAMANI - his performance for 5 minutes was just out of the world and to add spice to it, he finished it by calling IR as his MUSICAL GURU !!!!

HE infact sang GURU BRAHMA, GURU VISHNU ........

GURU ILAYARAJAVE NAMAHA !!!!

raja_fan
15th November 2005, 12:44 PM
What did Vivek tell..??

So he will pull down IR in front of ARR and then come here to praise IR..??

rooky
15th November 2005, 02:01 PM
New movie Acharya

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/18155.html

rajdes
15th November 2005, 02:11 PM
most of the speakers were actually using one instrument not seen on stage - jalra. Not much insight came out of them:
Suhasini - I am happy to be a tamizhachi at the time of IR(what does that mean?) - could have consulted hubby for better lines
Bharathiraja - some left-handed compliment referring to IR's garvam.
Kasthoori Raja - candid admission that the movie print used to go into re-recording as Kasthoori Raja film and come out as Ilaiyaraja film - apparently, Kasthoori Raja would have thought something when he made the film and IR used to give a different interpretation to the movie. What on earth made him think that is a compliment? He sure intended that as a compliment :-)
Parthiban - Actually I was wrong. There was a jalra on stage. It was him.
Kamal - araicha maavu about him also being a IR fan just like us and the other araicha maavu about him wanting to be a music director in his growing years in kollywood. Vairamuthukku paarattu nadathinaa, wanted to be a lyricist-nu solluveeru, Lenin-ku paarattu nadathina, basically I was an editor-nu solluveer engalukku theriyaadha :-)

Vivek - cant remember exactly but it went on the lines of "There were jambavans before in TFM we cant deny that but they all came with Classical music knowledge. IR came without that sort of background so he is greatest" type. Not sure I would buy that. Hmm, MSV paarattu vizha-la enna pesararunu paarkanum. Grrr...
Srinivas - was decent. Didnt ching-chak too much. Maybe, that was why he wasnt on stage singing.
Drums Mani - has already been mentioned that he dubbed Raja as Guru Devo and parabrahma for him. This from the same man who said he hadnt learnt much from Raja during his performances for Raja :-)

SP Muthuraman - I worked in 45 of my 75 movies with Raja. Yeah, sure. Thats the greatest compliment for IR ever ;-)

SPB - mother of all compliments - he considers himself along with SJ, KJY and KSC, lucky to have been in his peak around the time of Raja's compositional peak. I doubt that. As a singer, you get very little flexibility with Raja - I am sure he would have enjoyed his period with MSV and compatriots better. Adhai inge solluvaara enna? Again, MSV paarattu vizha-la enna solraarunu paarkalam.

Basically, such compliments dont mean much to me. People put on a mask and give the greatest tag to the current person being celebrated.They dont stop there. They make comparitive statements and say "IR did this. Earlier people used to do that. So IR Is great". Same person would have said in the celebration for the previous person "PP does that. Others do this . So PP's great" ;-)

karthik_sa2
15th November 2005, 07:22 PM
can anybody tell me where i cud download the song "naan porandhu vandhadhu" from "mayabazar 1995".

alwarpet_andavan
15th November 2005, 07:40 PM
Rajdes,
Perhaps each one of them should've consulted you before saying anything on stage! :)

rajdes
15th November 2005, 07:49 PM
a_a: let them say whatever they want. I am just saying we cant read too much into what they say because they will go and contradict themselves in a function for X tomorrow - they will say IR is great because of quality A and also he doesnt have quality B. In X's fete, they will say X is great because of Quality B and also he doesnt have quality A. I quoted examples for this from this programme. If you cant understand that, leave it. No frets.

rajdes
15th November 2005, 07:51 PM
especially LOL at Kasthoori Raja's comment - he was actually saying that IR didnt understand the director's vision while doing BGM - though that probably was because IR wanted to save us from the director's vision. Coming from the concerned director, it sounded self-defeating and amusing :-)

alwarpet_andavan
15th November 2005, 07:56 PM
a_a: let them say whatever they want. I am just saying we cant read too much into what they say because they will go and contradict themselves in a function for X tomorrow - they will say IR is great because of quality A and also he doesnt have quality B. In X's fete, they will say X is great because of Quality B and also he doesnt have quality A. I quoted examples for this from this programme. If you cant understand that, leave it. No frets.
KH-IR relationship pathi, avangalai vida ungalukku nalla therinjirukku :)

Theriyama sollittanga mannichirunga.
Puriyama pesitten ennayum mannichirunga.

j/k, serious-a eduthukkadheenga.....

rajdes
15th November 2005, 08:01 PM
a_a: Oh! I got what is bugging you.I should have known from your name.
Okay, kamal is an exception to the above generalisation :-). He was sincere in his comments. Okay-vaa? ;-)

alwarpet_andavan
15th November 2005, 08:13 PM
Annan Rajdes vaazhga!!! :lol:

rajdes
15th November 2005, 08:22 PM
Thalaivar kamal vaazhga. Thondar a_a vazhga ;-)
jokes aside, i wouldnt include kamal in the insincere cateogry. He has been consistent in his appreciation and the reasons for appreciation of IR. He hasnt as far as I know made stupid comparisons like the ones mentioned above.

karthik_sa2
15th November 2005, 09:34 PM
Thalaivar kamal vaazhga. Thondar a_a vazhga Wink
jokes aside, i wouldnt include kamal in the insincere cateogry. He has been consistent in his appreciation and the reasons for appreciation of IR. He hasnt as far as I know made stupid comparisons like the ones mentioned above.

yes kamal is a true music lover and anytime his speech wud be so straight forward and transparent.i felt sp muthuraman and vaali also to an extent being so artificilal in thier sppech in that concert.

vem
15th November 2005, 10:07 PM
Rajdes
Did u see Parthiban's jalra..... It was intolerable.

HE said

" IRukaga uyirayum kodukka thayaar; IR in padalgalil nam ullangalil oru tsunami ezhumbum " etc etc. It was just funny.

Suhasini often gets emotional on stage I guess. May be she had a booze ...... She was in some way unnatural.

Kavi Vaali's praise was OK (as he has got the greatest oppurtunity of working with IR so closely).

Anyways, people missing were KJY(his wife, son were there), SJ, Sriram Parthasarathy,UK, BM, Fazil, ......

IR praised KJY's songs a lot when he was talking to his wife on stage. But he somehow didnt say a single word about SPB and that too when SPB was heaping praise on him.

To be honest, SPB's voice is still the same and I felt very sad that IR is not using him nowadays. He sings so efforlessly and with the same effect as before !!!

SPB told that MSV, IR, ARR and VS were pretty much the MDS in South who knew all 4 elements namely composition, arrangement, orchestration, rerecording.

cms
16th November 2005, 02:29 AM
Vem,
IR did mention about Balu (SPB) -- Something like this: " We can sing Balu's songs alone for 3-4 days" right after he mentioned about Dass (KYJ)....

vem
16th November 2005, 04:28 AM
I see. May be I missed it.

SPB and KJY were 2 eyes of IR; So I somehow felt sad that SPB didnt get any recognition/pat.

All confusion and sadness over :)

krish244
17th November 2005, 11:11 AM
After a very long time (probably more than 8-9 years), I am listening to "Endha poovilum vaasam undu..." song. A very good song. What impressed me most was the first interlude. Just check out the strings section after the flute. No words to express the amazing effect it has! Man, we need that IR back with those live orchestra.

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
17th November 2005, 11:13 AM
FYI, I got the mp3 from the below site....

http://www.rajinikanth.com/audio.htm

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
17th November 2005, 11:29 AM
If you are interested to listen to "Namma Preethiya Raamu" songs, here it is (Real Audio format):

http://www.kannadaaudio.com/Songs/Moviewise/home/NammaPreethiyaRamu.php

thanks,

Krishnan

teja
18th November 2005, 09:59 AM
[tscii:09aa2c968f]Director Teja, Daggubati Suresh and Nallamalupu Sreenivas (Bujji) have started groundwork for a movie quite a time ago. The audio of the film was completed under the effective captaincy of Maestro Illayaraja. Many of the songs were sung by Mano. The film is based on music where Illayaraja scored the tunes using only three notes ‘Sa’, ‘Re’ and ‘Ga’. This unique experiment would set a record of itself.
http://www.greatandhra.com/movies/news/nov2005/teja_raja.html[/tscii:09aa2c968f]

RR
18th November 2005, 10:43 AM
>> This unique experiment would set a record of itself.

Just for the record: Though this may be the first in film music, IR is not the first to compose with 3 notes.

rajasaranam
18th November 2005, 11:02 AM
RR,

Who else did compose such a song :?: Athayum solli tholaikka koodaathaa :)

Dragun
18th November 2005, 12:28 PM
I wonder if this 3-note song will be the same as the one IR composed for the Musical Journey album.

RR
18th November 2005, 12:51 PM
RR,

Who else did compose such a song :?: Athayum solli tholaikka koodaathaa :)
Kobappadaatheer.. Facts are facts :) BMK has done it before. The name of raga is sarvashri, and it uses the notes S M1 P. IR's raga (what's the name?) uses S R2 G3.

thumburu
18th November 2005, 02:18 PM
Hi RR, if I remember right from what I have read in Kalki, "Sarvasri" is a 4 note raga with "ga" also. Yes, I have heard a Ganesha song "Umasutham namaami" or something like that by BMK on Sarvasri. The flow is not good in this song

thumburu
18th November 2005, 02:26 PM
Iam not too sure whether "Sarvasri" it is a 3 note or 4 note scale

RR
18th November 2005, 03:39 PM
Hi RR, if I remember right from what I have read in Kalki, "Sarvasri" is a 4 note raga with "ga" also. Yes, I have heard a Ganesha song "Umasutham namaami" or something like that by BMK on Sarvasri. The flow is not good in this song
No, thumburu. It's a 3-note raga, I'm quite sure. I've heard BMK himself sing it once on Sapthaswarangal. But I agree with you on the flow. IR's piece scores here!

Sanjeevi
18th November 2005, 04:37 PM
Kasturi maan released today, any review?

app_engine
18th November 2005, 09:07 PM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/review.php?id=14014456&ctid=5&cid=2429

I think there was a +ve review in The Hindu also (sometime back)...

vem
20th November 2005, 11:11 PM
I dont know why BM is living in abject poverty(compared to other directors) despite giving so many hits in the 80s.

Whenever some news comes in the media, it invariably shows his poor condition. The link below informs us that he is very disappointed with the AOKK response.

http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2005/oct/021105.asp

Sanjeevi
21st November 2005, 10:45 AM
Hi friends Twingle Twingle Little Star CD is available with a free VCD. Anybody knows about that VCD. How is it?

raja_fan
21st November 2005, 12:16 PM
"The link below informs us that he is very disappointed with the AOKK response."

I really wonder how BM expects his style of film making will win these days.., even after a series of failures, some people never understand :) BR has understood although late.., Maniratnam has started to understand that..:)

Shankar
22nd November 2005, 02:49 PM
Bala signs Raja for his next project...

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/News/News39/21-11-05e/tamil-movies-news-bala.html

sureshmehcnit
24th November 2005, 02:26 PM
Here is my little rant on "Making of Thiruvasakam" VCD that i got along with TTLS audio CD pack.

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2005/11/making-of-thiruvasakam.html

thumburu
26th November 2005, 05:04 PM
Kasturi Maan- Kalki has awarded "thumbs up" for the movie as well as IR's music

rajasaranam
27th November 2005, 03:26 PM
Listened to Raja's Special Composition for AIDS Awareness Programme in SUN TV. It was very nice Song and had an international Feeling to it. If someone recorded this song Please Upload it....

prabhudas
28th November 2005, 07:13 AM
Hi
As usual those SUN TV guys, surprised with no proper pre program anouncements, I missed it too, to record the program.
Anyway, I had a problem with my TV also, the LCD started giving me problems with picture, so just listened to th audio of the program,
Managed to rip the audio of the IR song , nice song , has some MX flavor "poo poothadhu" song, but orchestration is very good with different feel on the regional bits

enjoy
the Linky winky...
http://www.filefactory.com/get/f.php?f=d0fc910bba6d9ac2e20c7fbd

rajasaranam
28th November 2005, 01:37 PM
thanks a lot Prahudas :)

ponsingh
28th November 2005, 01:59 PM
Kasturi Raja is in making of a film based on Tamil Culture. To our surprise the Director is Barathi Raja, MD - Illayaraaja & Strory & lyrics by Vaira Muthu. Source - Kumudam. Its going to be a treat for us.

rajasaranam
29th November 2005, 05:22 AM
An Excellent write up on Raja by this blogger.
http://extrospectrivia.blogspot.com/ :clap: :clap: :clap:

rajdes
29th November 2005, 06:57 PM
vijay ranganathan - not our vijayr, by any chance? :-)

kr
29th November 2005, 07:01 PM
I would seriously doubt it. The blog was in appreciation of IR.

sudhakarg
29th November 2005, 08:29 PM
As I understood, Vijayr likes IR's music, except that he feels IR does'nt give his best to the film industry.

12bums
29th November 2005, 08:38 PM
Thanks Prabhudas, nice song.

vijayr
29th November 2005, 09:42 PM
ennappa, aaL aaLukku en thalaiya uruttareenga :-) No, thats not me. I am too lazy to maintain a blog and if I were to write something on IR I would probably do it here first.

K
30th November 2005, 08:19 AM
The Aids awarness songs starting sounds like Ye nenjey song from Aprilmathathil By Yuvan

multinamatheyan
30th November 2005, 07:36 PM
Begin deg.

I am going to be in Singapore for a few days.

Any stores there where I can buy good quality old IR songs? I am looking for CDs and some classic DVDs as well.

Thanks for the info.

End deg. :?:

cry_sandiego
1st December 2005, 02:53 AM
Mutinamatheyan,

I tried this a couple of times in the last few years but with no luck.. The areas where you can find Tamil CD/DVD etc are in the little India area - desi street. But they do not have a good collection of IR songs ..especially the oldies.. they seem to have the popular ones like Mouna Raagam , Thalapathy etc.. but not some old stuff.. atleast i could not find it in the 4-5 stores in that area..

maybe S'pore hubbers may know more about where u can find these.. If you find some info, please send it my way as I travel to S'pore atleast a few times a year and would like to do the same.

cheers
MSK

rajdes
1st December 2005, 02:47 PM
vijay, i sort of knew it couldnt be you.
Are you the vijay with a single post blog stating something like " I opened this blog account just so that I can post responses on others' blogs. Have no intention of posting much here" ?

multinamatheyan
1st December 2005, 08:18 PM
Thanks MSK. I will also be stopping by Kuala Lumpur, but not for to long. Will keep you posted if I find anything useful.

vijayr
1st December 2005, 09:00 PM
rajdes, yeah thats me. How did you end up on that page? I have forgotten about it myself :-)

questioner
4th December 2005, 12:58 AM
does anyone here do you have copies of INDIA 24 HRs and GURU (malayalam) ? need the same very very urgently!

kingvj
4th December 2005, 06:29 AM
"does anyone here do you have copies of INDIA 24 HRs and GURU (malayalam) ? need the same very very urgently!"

ME TOOOOOOOOO.............!!!!!!!

vem
5th December 2005, 07:56 AM
Guys
Can anyone clarify if the music director of the Rajini movie "Gayathri" is IR ?

I somehow thought that it was Sankar Ganesh, but all websites say it is IR....

krish244
5th December 2005, 10:31 AM
Vem, IMDB also says its Ilaiyaraaja:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0187052/fullcredits

Kingvj, go to the below link and search for "India 24 hours" (without double quotes)...you will get it. Its available at 320kbps bit rate! You may do the same thing for GURU aswell.

http://as01.cooltoad.com/go/music?search=1

BTW, I have a question. As far as I remember songs with 192kbps (or is it 128kbps??) as bit rate are known as CD quality songs. How much value addition will more bit-rate give us?

thanks,

Krishnan

MumbaiRamki
5th December 2005, 10:48 AM
Hi
As usual those SUN TV guys, surprised with no proper pre program anouncements, I missed it too, to record the program.
Anyway, I had a problem with my TV also, the LCD started giving me problems with picture, so just listened to th audio of the program,
Managed to rip the audio of the IR song , nice song , has some MX flavor "poo poothadhu" song, but orchestration is very good with different feel on the regional bits

enjoy
the Linky winky...
http://www.filefactory.com/get/f.php?f=d0fc910bba6d9ac2e20c7fbd

Check ur PM ! Can u send teh RIP of that soing to my id ?Thanks !

rajdes
5th December 2005, 05:25 PM
vijay, it was just a vetti investigation - i saw a response in some blog - the words and style reminded me of you and I went to check if there is any clue in the blog site - and srt of this post actually convinced me it must be you :-)

questioner
5th December 2005, 08:53 PM
INDIA 24 HRs and GURU (malayalam) - I would prefer original CDs

Thanks

app_engine
5th December 2005, 09:04 PM
vem & krish244,

gAyathri is by IR. It has three lovely songs:

-kAlaippaniyil (Sujatha?)
-kAdhal Oviyum kaNdEn, kanavO ninaivO (Sujatha)
-vAzhvE mAyamA (VJ)

njv
5th December 2005, 09:34 PM
according to kumudham kasthuriraja (dhanush's father) is making a movie abt tamil culture - to be directed by bharathiraja, music by illayaraja and this also brings an end to IR-VM war. This will be a IR-BR-VM combo. Anyone close to IR/BR/VM can confirm?

vem
6th December 2005, 01:14 AM
thanks dudes.

I got a chance to watch Nizhalgal, I know that it is commonplace talk to mention about the evergreen songs.
But the BGM, it is just brilliant. IR basically takes u to the joy of students at their graduation, and in the next second, there is full of melancholoy because of unemployement.

I just wonder sometimes why the State Government and Central Government do not praise for old works..... If in any given year, there is nothing to award for, then atleast awards could be given for old evergreen ones which failed to get the awards........

If our Governemnt decides that strategy, then IR will keep getting awards for the next 500 years (as his own albums overshadows his own brilliant ones).

njv
6th December 2005, 02:55 AM
INDIA 24 HRs and GURU (malayalam) - I would prefer original CDs

Thanks

questioner,

i sent a mail to your rediff mail. Got I24 hrs. Waiting for Guru. Will update you eod today. we can make it this time :D :D please mail me back with ur phone no.

krish244
6th December 2005, 11:41 AM
Thanks App_engine!

Vem, the below link says Bharathiraja's next movie is Titled "Mayil"...no mention about MD.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/18758.html

The below link says there is going to be a sequel to "Pulan Visaranai" (MD was IR...if I am not wrong) and the MD is Joshua Sridhar!

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/18733.html

thanks,

Krishnan

rajasaranam
6th December 2005, 02:50 PM
The below link says there is going to be a sequel to "Pulan Visaranai" (MD was IR...if I am not wrong) and the MD is Joshua Sridhar!

I Prefer Joshua to many of the current MD's I liked all the songs from 'Kaadhal' and Also the way he described how hardcore a IR fan he is in the kumudham interview :) Hope He does keep up to my expectations and rise high.

thumburu
6th December 2005, 02:59 PM
hi app_engine, "kaadhal oviyam" is from Kavikuyil. The other 2 average songs from Gayathri are 2 caberet numbers "unnai thaan azhaikkiren" by SJ and "ulagil enakku thaan adhiga rasigargaL" by PS. To sum it all, there is only one evergreen song "kaalai paniyil" and the rest are situational. There is no male singer

teja
6th December 2005, 10:32 PM
Ram Gopal Varma is going to make a sequel to Shiva in Telugu. Hero is Nagarjuna who plays the role of a police officer who fights against current system.Music director is Ilayaraja and it is jointly produced by Nagarjuna and Ramgopal Varma

http://www.greatandhra.com/movies/news/dec2005/shiva_ram.html

njv
7th December 2005, 01:38 AM
I am not crazy about RGV, but Shiva is a great movie and hopefully will be another big hit for all the 3.

Vysar
7th December 2005, 01:44 AM
I look forward to the sequel to Shiva. The original Shiva had good songs and excellent RR (esp. the title music). I hope IR salvages himself from olden times and come in terms with the current trend (i am not talking about Srikanth Deva, Dina Style here).

rajasaranam
8th December 2005, 01:04 AM
I look forward to the sequel to Shiva. The original Shiva had good songs and excellent RR (esp. the title music). I hope IR salvages himself from olden times and come in terms with the current trend (i am not talking about Srikanth Deva, Dina Style here).
Let Us know what the Current Trend is then? Is it ARR Ishtyle? or VS Ishtyle? or YSR Ishtyle? or BW Ishtyle?
None of them except ARR has a style of their own. If its ARR ishtyle You are hinting at we would expect IR giving us his own style :P

Vysar
8th December 2005, 01:33 AM
no something different like MX.

Don't be inferior like IR man just hope for the best. I am asking for better album because IR comes up with one gem out of 10 craps. Some ardent fans listen to his current cacophony and think it might be soothing but I am a fan who listens to good music from any MD. I am still a fan for IRs vintage music though.

vem
8th December 2005, 05:59 AM
could anyone let us know what kind of movie SHIVA is ?
Is it a thriller or romantic movie ? Also was IR the MD for the movie ?

njv
8th December 2005, 06:35 AM
IR was md for shiva. Its like Run by Madhavan if you want to compare.

Shankar
8th December 2005, 10:40 AM
njv,
Blasphemy !!! Run aiyum Shiva vayum compare paNreengaLE...njyAyama idhu ??? Artist by artist compare paNNinA kooda Shiva is miles ahead of Run...Shiva was a trendsetter in more than one way, and Raja vOda BG Score pathi sollavE vENdAm...

Anyday, I would prefer watching Nag ripping off the cycle chain than baby face madhavan pulling down the shutter :-)

teja
8th December 2005, 11:13 AM
[tscii:ac1bcad261]more on siva 2006
http://www.telugucinema.com/c/movies/shiva2006_dec0805.php

Ramu – Ilayaraja combination
After a decade and half years later, Ram Gopal Varma and maestro Ilayaraja are teaming up. Both these greats have not worked since their first combo, Shiva. “I have always wanted to work with the legend. I have grown up listening the meastro’s tunes and I am great fan of his work. But somehow, I became more busy with Hindi films and lost touch. Now I am that I am working with him again for this remake.”

In Shiva 2006, except the Nag, Ramu and Ilayaraja, the entire team will be new one, no other crew and cast members of Shiva are not going to work for this film.

[/tscii:ac1bcad261]

njv
8th December 2005, 11:30 AM
njv,
Blasphemy !!! Run aiyum Shiva vayum compare paNreengaLE...njyAyama idhu ??? Artist by artist compare paNNinA kooda Shiva is miles ahead of Run...Shiva was a trendsetter in more than one way, and Raja vOda BG Score pathi sollavE vENdAm...

Anyday, I would prefer watching Nag ripping off the cycle chain than baby face madhavan pulling down the shutter :-)

i didnt mean to compare but tell what sort of movie it is.

both are studends visiting their sister house and fall in love with girl at college and one pull the cycle chain and the other pull the shutter.

Shiva was definitely a trend setter.

rajdes
8th December 2005, 02:21 PM
I would bet Chakravarthy, thondaradipodi of RGV, will surely be involved at some level with the new shiva as well - he was the dhaadi vecha adhiyaal college guy who triggers off Nag's deviation in Shiva, if you didnt know.

I still remember shiva for its tagline "He was the nice guy in college, until they made him a graduate in violence". That was the first time I saw tagline for a tamil movie.

raja_fan
8th December 2005, 04:04 PM
"Anyday, I would prefer watching Nag ripping off the cycle chain than baby face madhavan pulling down the shutter "

Exactly !
That kind of a fight sequence was new at that time. And Nagarjun expressed the vibrancy and fire well in his character much better than Maddy in Run.

rajasaranam
9th December 2005, 12:22 AM
no something different like MX.

Don't be inferior like IR man just hope for the best. I am asking for better album because IR comes up with one gem out of 10 craps. Some ardent fans listen to his current cacophony and think it might be soothing but I am a fan who listens to good music from any MD. I am still a fan for IRs vintage music though.

Good that You acknowledge MX :clap:
Ithukku kaaranam Kamal. So If A good director is there he can just pump out nice music from IR. IR is not the same Young man who gave out mesmerising music whether the director was good or not. Today He needs a Bala Or Kamal or fresh themes like Azhagi, bharathi etc., to give some music deviating from his pattern of thoughts. Otherwise he is gonna recycle and give his own pattern of music Which is also not bad IMHO. His mundane stuff itself is too good but when he gives us something new then we are gonna party over that for sure :D

rajasaranam
9th December 2005, 12:25 AM
On the NEWS about Shiva-Part2. I dont know how much this is going to materialize. Already When RGV was making VaasthuShashtra there were rumours that IR is going to score music. But this time atleast I hope it should be true :? It will be great to see how RGV is gonna team up with Raja.

nkv
9th December 2005, 10:22 AM
Shiva was a trend-setter.. The fights had that brutal naturality, so different from the usual dishum-dishum fight sequences.. Also IR's BGM. He was at his best with his powerful 'silence' when the fight scenes in progress, adding to the effect.. and the theme music was wonderful..

Why did he compose his heart out, when the final title cards were on the roll, and when people will be leaving the theatre after the movie?? He has used the same in 'jagadekaveerudu athiloka sundari' as well..

Shankar
9th December 2005, 10:56 AM
RS/Raj,
I seriously doubt if Raja would be part of the movie...From a very very reliable source, I heard that Raja snubbed RGV when he went to him for Vastushastra (ultimately it proved to be a good decision). Apparently, Ramu flew down to chennai and requested Raja for vaastu (and i guess ramu is a genuine fan of Raja bcos in his interview in kumudam, his first question to the reporter,apparently was, "How is Raja ? and How is TN in general" )...

If they really do join hands, it would be quite interesting.

Shankar
9th December 2005, 11:07 AM
RS,
>>>>>>>>
Good that You acknowledge MX
<<<<<<<<

Hmm...an album like MX not being welcome by ppl makes me feel bad about the taste of the ppl...close to 30 yrs in TFM, this was Raja's first ever score to contain Jazz influence. He has worked wonders with Indian & western classical/folk tunes, (progressive) rock and what not in his first 5 yrs, but never a jazz number. Out of the blue our man comes out rocking with his first ever jazz composition, and the album sinks without trace !!ppl who have some inclination towards jazz would luv the album for sure.

Its not just Raja's work, arr's iruvar with its fabulous jazz numbers went relatively unnoticed (compared to his much inferior works)...

The previous generation were better in the sense that they welcomed new styles (our modern theatres-"james bond"jaishankar-veda combo too had some club numbers with jazz influence, which went on to become hits)...The new-gen is happy listening to "thair sadham and vadu mAngai" songs :-(

thumburu
9th December 2005, 03:17 PM
Shankar, blame it on the satellite channels, media hype. They have the dubious knack of repeatedly assaulting our senses with mediocrity in the name of "super hit padam or paadalgal" that the listeners also conveniently resign to them. This is one of the main reasons for Chandramukhi or Anniyan scoring over MumbaiExp musically and moviewise.
When Pammal or Panchathantram flopped, I didn't bother as much as MumbExp. A case of good effort getting washed out

krish244
9th December 2005, 06:22 PM
[tscii:619356c0f1]Interesting news! Have a nice laugh :)

http://www.greatandhra.com/movies/news/nov2005/illaya_grand.html

Quoting what is said in the link:

"..Isai Gnani’ Ilayaraja inundated the South Indian music with his mellifluous and melodious compositions for decades together. His children are also into music and they are making their career out of the same. Kaarthik Raja and Yuvan Shankar Raja are known for their unique style of compositions.

Now the legacy is also continuing with his grand son, Yathishwar who is the son of Karthik Raja. The boy is just three year old and is now scoring music for the film 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star', a Tamil flick.

It’s indeed an international record that the boy is setting for himself.

The film is also going to be remade in Telugu, Hindi and Malayalam. The film is set to release in the month of December. .."

Thanks,

Krishnan[/tscii:619356c0f1]

rajasaranam
9th December 2005, 10:52 PM
Krish,

Now i really doubt the news from greatandhra site of Raja Working with RGV :)

rajdes
10th December 2005, 05:18 PM
Yatishwar's record will be broken by YSR's yet-to-be-conceived baby, who will come out into the world crying a special tune composed by self ;-)

rooky
12th December 2005, 04:24 PM
Indiaglitz says the same

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/telugu/article/18894.html

peterk810
14th December 2005, 06:45 PM
what the hell is MX

muzammil84
15th December 2005, 01:52 AM
Download New Ilayaraja concert from this link Enjoy Guys http://uyirvani.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6910

raja_fan
15th December 2005, 10:13 AM
muzammil84 ,

How to download and where to click on that page for download ???

muzammil84
15th December 2005, 02:50 PM
r u already register in that forum?
if yes then make a reply in the page where is IR concert and u can able to see the concert :)

njv
18th December 2005, 10:37 PM
Pallikoodam, starring SJS, Cheran & TB - music by Maestro

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/19103.html

rooky
21st December 2005, 10:37 AM
So, IRs new movies include

(1) TTLS
(2) Aadum Koothu
(3) Pallikoodam
(4) Mohanlals' Malayalam Movie
(5) Siva sequel in Telugu
(6) Pokkisham

Renault
21st December 2005, 09:49 PM
Add one more to the list Rooky,...Acharya starring Vignesh

nkv
22nd December 2005, 09:19 AM
One more..

Director Kamal's Dileep movie (Malayalam)

Sanjeevi
22nd December 2005, 11:20 AM
Niraiya sothappal movies. Why IR accepted these movies such as Konji pesalam, Acharya etc

vssathish
22nd December 2005, 03:37 PM
Add the following to the list

1. Parthiban new movie
2. Teja new movie
3. 2 new movies of Teja
4. Nan kaduvul (Bala new movie)
5. Satyan adikad next movie
6. Lokidass next movie

vssathish
22nd December 2005, 03:40 PM
sorry

on the 3rd point it should be 2 new movies of Vamsi

raja_fan
27th December 2005, 10:07 AM
http://www.hindu.com/2005/12/27/stories/2005122707082000.htm

When a journalist asked him if he had heard of the works of A.R. Rahman and Ilaiyaraja, he shook his head cluelesslysaying, "I really don't know them."

vem
1st January 2006, 01:24 AM
is it our Maestro ???

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/livewire/id/1845/news/karthi.html

njv
1st January 2006, 03:33 AM
yes, this was old story. ysr music and ir sang one song.

Vysar
2nd January 2006, 11:17 PM
Parthipan's new movie Pachaikuthirai music scored by Sabesh-Murali. May be IR would have asked for more since his grade has gone up after TIS.

kalladicrapp
3rd January 2006, 12:31 AM
read about a new movie 'MADHU' starring newcomer Ramesh in a mallu magazine

tmrrmt
3rd January 2006, 05:56 AM
http://www.behindwoods.com/features/News/News39/02.01.06e/illayaraja.html

krish244
3rd January 2006, 04:17 PM
tmrrmt, the below news (IndiaGlitz) says IR is tipped to score for RGV's tamil venture:

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/19476.html

Thanks,

Krishnan

tmrrmt
3rd January 2006, 08:42 PM
http://www.hindu.com/2006/01/03/stories/2006010313690200.htm

app_engine
3rd January 2006, 09:08 PM
madhanji, I think HJ is scoring for this and not Raja:-)

Sundar12345
3rd January 2006, 09:13 PM
mY GOD THIS MAN SHOULD SIT AT HOME TO STOP MESMERISING OTHERS.

app_engine
3rd January 2006, 11:55 PM
http://www.kumudam.com/kumudam/281205/pg3.php

Read the arasu badhil about life stories made into films...

njv
6th January 2006, 01:17 PM
Divorce: Not Between Husband and Wife - Hindi movie, music by Illayaraja, Direction by M.J. Ramanan (assitant for many hollywood-bollywood type movies)

Azhagai Irukirai... Bayamai Irukiradhu - Direction Vijay Milton

sudhakarg
7th January 2006, 11:46 AM
http://www.hindu.com/2006/01/07/stories/2006010702810200.htm

Any idea who the MD is?

itsmuls
7th January 2006, 11:53 AM
The Music Director is none other than our Dr. Ilayaraja.

Vysar
7th January 2006, 09:15 PM
"Balabharathy scores the music"

article clearly says. NFDC cannot offer a BIG MONEY FOR BIG TIME MD IR...

Mahendran would be much better off by not paying big and getting mediocre album.

kalladicrapp
8th January 2006, 12:58 AM
isnt azhakai irukku a YSR film.Hes sung all the songs by himself.

raja_fan
9th January 2006, 02:20 PM
Digression !

Can anybody tell me where I can get good ear plugs ( to prevent noise from entering the ear ) in Bangalore/Chennai ?
I live in a house in which the structural noise is a big menace at night :(

Please let me know if you have any good/bad experience with using ear plugs.

Sorry for posting this question in this forum.