PDA

View Full Version : Random Essays

killua
28th September 2007, 09:44 PM
[tscii:c073819228]I had posted this earlier & somehow also managed to delete the whole thing.

Thank you Crazy.

well here it is.

A serial killer (someone who can successfully kill a TV show)

Profile not, nor be profiled. So when asked about a plan for exploring NYC “what are we doing today” asked MSP ‘er something’ I said. brushing aside his usual unfounded baseless allegations which in this case was ‘you have lived in nyc for over 1 yr’, there wasn’t even a need to correct his misconception of NY to the neighboring state CT, displaying moral mettle, I led him to the Hoboken ferry, stopping briefly at a park to please his bovine feelings which he would try to sell as gentlemanly.
So as we continue on our aimless wanderings, after parking the beautiful german chariot, the gentle giant, the humble beast, the wolf in sheep’s clothing, we walk down this time in search of an aim/plan to the bookstore, as MSP is most often seen doing, when in doubt get to the lib (it was I who suggested the bookstore as an alternate), if something cannot be found on print, or on a map, you’d rather throw dirt on his face, such an offense he’d take it as, since books are obliged to provide a solution to any problem. I suppose while the people who would’ve written these very books aren’t obliged to.
We take this ferry in to the unknown (true to my plan for not having one, we only found it when we got past the bookstore)
The ride across the river is a pleasant one, although we couldn’t find a ferry to the statue of liberty. It’s not that we were lost, we were simply clueless & didn’t bother to think beyond what the sight could see (speaking for myself atleast)
Across the boarder (you’d be disappointed if you were expecting da amigo! Type of a scene) in midtown Manhattan, finding our bearing we headed towards the sun or was it the building(s), either way we couldn’t get away from both.
Briefly allured by the helicopter rides across NYC & swiftly dismissed (shrugged away) as rich man’s 5 min attraction. Whatever happened to the expression ‘take your time’ (now that I think about it, perhaps it’s just I who even uses it in the office, since the other is a Sr. Technical manager high up in the pyramid) can we get away from the production line efficiency. Soo, taking our time (we had a hard stop at 5pm) we strolled on the structured, bicycle & jogging lane ignoring the stares of the roller bladders & runners who’dve preferred that we unlike the FOBs that we were, would walk on the designated walking track! (talk about structures everywhere)
Our promenade/ sampo got us to different piers, an indoor driving range, & other floating restaurants (all the while hearing MSP talk about the lack of distribution of the world’s greatest candy bar MARS in the U.S). Later we left the city since we couldn’t get a quick access to the long expensive, complete cruises which would have taken about 5 hrs to go around the whole tiny city. Can’t they do anything quickly in this day & age of microwave & instant dissolve/absorption!
[/tscii:c073819228]

crazy
28th September 2007, 10:39 PM
okie :? :)