* Number of Discs: 1
* Format: Single
* Label: Sony Classical

Track Listings
1. Shakalaka Baby
2. Shakalaka Baby (Shri Re-Mix)
3. Tak Dheen

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shakalaka-Baby-Preeya-Kalidas/dp/B00006900U

Guys, if anyone didint notice, this release is absolutely rare!! but Gops from ARR group had shared the Tak Dheen track [blur ofcource, 32kbit - 32000Hz Stereo], but i have to say its a very very very very catchy song, the song lasts for 4:41 mins, and it has the basic " Tak Dheen" chant from the "Bombay Dreams" song. But this is simply mind blowing!!! ive searched high & low for this cd here in Malaysia, and finally Gops said its a special release in UK. Could anyone there in UK help us out and release thier high quality mp3? or people who has the track please share.... the Tak Dheen number is a kind of a song every ARR fan should have... i will upload the blur version here & u listen, u will crave to have its superb quality mp3....:)

Tak Dheen : http://rapidshare.com/files/49114037/03-Tak_Dheen.mp3.html

do share ur views on the song!!

thineshan54321
15th August 2007, 07:51 PM
thx dinesh

littlemaster1982
15th August 2007, 08:30 PM
Thanks a lot Dinesh :thumbsup:

prasana84
15th August 2007, 08:56 PM
Thanx dude

Wibha
16th August 2007, 10:06 AM
dinesh :D :ty:

Yathu
16th August 2007, 03:25 PM
Defo a great song!

I'll try and track it down for you guys, i think one of my old school friends MAY have the CD single! (hopefully!)

dinesh2002
16th August 2007, 05:12 PM
hey no probs guys!!! Thineshan, lil master, prasanna & wibha!! :D

great Yathu, if u do that for us, it will be one of the greatest thing !! :D...

Yathu
18th August 2007, 03:12 PM
'Tak Dheen' as promised, ripped to a 320 Kbps MP3 :D :

http://rapidshare.com/files/49715765/Tak_Dheen.mp3

:musicsmile: ENJOY! :musicsmile:

dinesh2002
18th August 2007, 04:52 PM

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: this cant be happening!!!! :shock:

thanks a million man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u just made my day...!!! i was waiting for years just for this song in best quality... and u gave it to me in just 2 days time....u rock!!! :D

i love u!!!!!!!! :victory:

thineshan54321
18th August 2007, 07:26 PM

uve got connections man! :notworthy:

littlemaster1982
18th August 2007, 09:13 PM
Friends,

Are these tracks from Bombay Dreams album or some other singles. Bit confused :?

thineshan54321
18th August 2007, 10:17 PM
Friends,

Are these tracks from Bombay Dreams album or some other singles. Bit confused :?

i think it was released after bombay dreams album was released as bonus.

Wibha
18th August 2007, 10:32 PM

:clap: :ty: :notworthy: :thumbsup: :D thanks yathu :D

Ramakrishna
18th August 2007, 10:37 PM
Thanks Yathu

Yathu
19th August 2007, 05:20 AM
Dinesh, Thineshan, Wibha & Ramakrishna: No worries! I'm glad to be of service. :D

LM: 'Tak Dheen' is from the 'Shakalaka Baby' CD single that was released in the UK, alongside the 'Bombay Dreams' album in 2002. There are 3 tracks on this CD:

1. Shakalaka Baby
Preeya Kalidas ft. Raza Jaffrey
Produced by A. R. Rahman and Marius de Vries
Mixed by Andy Bradfield
Taken from the album A. R. Rahman's Bombay Dreams

2. Shakalaka Baby Shri Mix
Remix by Shri
All instruments and programming by Shri

3. Tak Dheen
A. R. Rahman (doesn't give singers name)
Produced by A. R. Rahman

Track 1 & 2 written by A. R. Rahman/ Don Black/ Marius de Vries
Track 3 written by A. R. Rahman (ARR writing some Hindi lyrics?)

This CD single has been discontinued, so thats why the 'Tak Dheen' song's rare. People didn't take enough notice of it back then to rip and circulate the track :lol: ! (well i didn't anyway! :oops: ) But thanks to Dinesh, this track's come to light. :D

If any of you guys want me to rip and post the other tracks too, let me know! :)

littlemaster1982
19th August 2007, 09:25 AM
Thineshan and Yathu,

Thanks for the clarification :D

Yathu,

Incidentally, the "Tak Dheen" track is my favorite in Bombay Dreams album. And the version you have given is simply superb. Continue your good job :thumbsup:

ezy0265
19th August 2007, 11:38 AM
Can anyone please post the 3 songs in some other place than rapidshare, as we are always not able to get it from there.

Thank alot.

dinesh2002
19th August 2007, 03:31 PM
Dinesh, Thineshan, Wibha & Ramakrishna: No worries! I'm glad to be of service. :D

LM: 'Tak Dheen' is from the 'Shakalaka Baby' CD single that was released in the UK, alongside the 'Bombay Dreams' album in 2002. There are 3 tracks on this CD:

1. Shakalaka Baby
Produced by A. R. Rahman and Marius de Vries
Mixed by Andy Bradfield
Taken from the album A. R. Rahman's Bombay Dreams

2. Shakalaka Baby Shri Mix
Remix by Shri
All instruments and programming by Shri

3. Tak Dheen
A. R. Rahman (doesn't give singers name)
Produced by A. R. Rahman

Track 1 & 2 written by A. R. Rahman/ Don Black/ Marius de Vries
Track 3 written by A. R. Rahman (ARR writing some Hindi lyrics?)

This CD single has been discontinued, so thats why the 'Tak Dheen' song's rare. People didn't take enough notice of it back then to rip and circulate the track :lol: ! (well i didn't anyway! :oops: ) But thanks to Dinesh, this track's come to light. :D

If any of you guys want me to rip and post the other tracks too, let me know! :)

yes Yathu.. please do!! :D... but Yathu, there is a somthing,u ripped the Tak Dheen in Joint Stereo, i believe this, in a way make the song losts its stereo effect.... learned this from a mp3 ripper online.... its best to rip it in STEREO.. :).... dhanks a million!! and yes... if would be awefully awesome if u can share the other 2 as well :D....

Yathu
19th August 2007, 04:55 PM
yes Yathu.. please do!! :D... but Yathu, there is a somthing,u ripped the Tak Dheen in Joint Stereo, i believe this, in a way make the song losts its stereo effect.... learned this from a mp3 ripper online.... its best to rip it in STEREO.. :).... dhanks a million!! and yes... if would be awefully awesome if u can share the other 2 as well :D....

Hey Dinesh....erm....this might seem like a silly question, but how do u rip it in Stereo instead of Joint Stereo? :oops:

I used Windows Media Player to rip the tracks, is there a setting to make it Stereo instead of Joint Stereo? I've looked in the options....but can't see it! (sorry if the answers really obvious :ashamed: )

Ezy: Plz suggest a different site I can upload the track to. :D

sha
19th August 2007, 05:14 PM
thanks man,,,

ezy0265 - here a mirror for u.. http://arrsingles.4shared.com/

dinesh2002
19th August 2007, 05:16 PM

Hey Dinesh....erm....this might seem like a silly question, but how do u rip it in Stereo instead of Joint Stereo? :oops:

I used Windows Media Player to rip the tracks, is there a setting to make it Stereo instead of Joint Stereo? I've looked in the options....but can't see it! (sorry if the answers really obvious :ashamed: )

oops.... im so sorry...im not very familar with WMP my self... i use " CD to MP3 Converter ".... ill be back after checking it out! :D... thanks for replying back to me regarding this... hehe... :)

Guess_Me
19th August 2007, 05:41 PM

For absolutely lossless quality ripping, use Exact Audio Copy. Here is a detailed pictorial guide on how to get the best out of EAC.

http://www.teqnilogik.com/tutorials/eac.htm

As for file upload, you can try megashare.com. One request, don't upload to megaupload.

Yathu
19th August 2007, 11:23 PM
Dinesh: I'm awaiting your reply on how to convert to Stereo format on WMP...so I can repost 'Tak Dheen' and the other two tracks :D

Guess me: That software looks a little too time consuming for ripping mp3s! (especially for a "non-IT career" guy like me! :lol: )

thineshan54321
19th August 2007, 11:51 PM
Dinesh: I'm awaiting your reply on how to convert to Stereo format on WMP...so I can repost 'Tak Dheen' and the other two tracks :D

Guess me: That software looks a little too time consuming for ripping mp3s! (especially for a "non-IT career" guy like me! :lol: )

i usually rip it in wav (lossless) the ultimate quality, but it takes up alot of room. My mp3 ripper in media player doesnt work so i cant see the options. but if u go to advanced or something it should be there. joint stereo just uncheck that.

Yathu
20th August 2007, 12:00 AM

i usually rip it in wav (lossless) the ultimate quality, but it takes up alot of room. My mp3 ripper in media player doesnt work so i cant see the options. but if u go to advanced or something it should be there. joint stereo just uncheck that.

Nope looked through all the options, theres no "Joint Stereo/ Stereo" bit. Shall I just rip the songs to WAV (lossless) format then? :D

thineshan54321
20th August 2007, 12:11 AM

Nope looked through all the options, theres no "Joint Stereo/ Stereo" bit. Shall I just rip the songs to WAV (lossless) format then? :D

i'd prefer that, the quality is much better but wait till other reply because some people dont like wav lossless because its huge. thx in advance if u r ripping it in wav (lossless)

thineshan54321
20th August 2007, 04:58 AM
btw does anyone have banyan theme 320 kbps?

dinesh2002
20th August 2007, 07:52 AM

yea...i too went tru WMP player, don see any of the options there.... yes Yathu, i too will prefer if u can rip them in WAV.... mabby from there i can convert the audio to mp3 CBR in stereo for them who needs it in Mp3.... :)

i second thineshan for the songs in WAV... if u dun mind though, it might take some time to upload it online.... :)

sha
20th August 2007, 10:33 AM
for lossless audio i prefer FLAC .. if u guys dont know wht it is take a Google,...

n always use EAC to rip music....

thineshan54321
20th August 2007, 08:41 PM
for lossless audio i prefer FLAC .. if u guys dont know wht it is take a Google,...

n always use EAC to rip music....

FLAC is a bit complicated when it comes to editing tags etc and it takes up more space and also not many ppl have the codec to play FLAC. WAV (lossless) is good enough, in my opinion.

Yathu
21st August 2007, 06:48 PM
SORRY im taking ages guys! I'll have these tunes up very soon! :D

thineshan54321
21st August 2007, 08:39 PM
take ur time yathu i have ur other rip till then.

dinesh2002
21st August 2007, 09:42 PM

no problem machi..... infact ur doing us the favour.... take ur time... :)

Yathu
22nd August 2007, 12:05 AM
Thanks for being patient (Thi/Di)nesh! :lol:

Tak Dheen - WAV (Lossless) 1411.2 Kbps:

http://rapidshare.com/files/50385738/03_Tak_Dheen_2.wav

Will post other tracks as soon as I can! :D

thineshan54321
22nd August 2007, 03:25 AM

:lol: thank u so much yathu. its gonna be an amazing experience listening to in in 1411.2 kbps. btw sorry for the truble, i know its a hassle ripping and uploading that size. thx

Yathu
22nd August 2007, 03:51 AM
No worries Thinesh, it was no trouble! :D

dinesh2002
22nd August 2007, 08:55 AM

hey thanks man!! u rock!!! :D we love u !! :wink: as Thineshan said, it should have been a hassle for u, but u still did it for us... and that too uploading a 47MB audio... 8-) thats great...

Wibha
22nd August 2007, 09:30 AM
thanks yathu for taking the trouble :D :ty:

Yathu
23rd August 2007, 07:24 PM
No probs guys. Heres the other two tracks, both WAV (Lossless), 1411.2 Kbps.

Shakalaka Baby (38.1 MB):

http://rapidshare.com/files/50636184/01_Shakalaka_Baby.wav

Shakalaka Baby Shri Mix (67.3 MB):

http://rapidshare.com/files/50781413/02_Shakalaka_Baby__Sari_Mix_.wav

I accidently named the above file "Sari Mix", its "Shri Mix" not "Sari Mix" :lol: Correct your file names!

This remix is a bit too techno/dance-ish for my liking but I like the tabla bit in the middle (02.30 - 03.20).

Ok, enjoy 'em dudes n dudettes! :D

dinesh2002
23rd August 2007, 07:33 PM

I accidently named the above file "Sari Mix", its "Shri Mix" not "Sari Mix" :lol: Correct your file names!

This remix is a bit too techno/dance-ish for my liking but I like the tabla bit in the middle (02.30 - 03.20).

wow.... thanks allot!!!!!! u rock! :D

thineshan54321
23rd August 2007, 08:46 PM

thanks yathu, ur NUMBER ONE! :thumbsup:

thineshan54321
23rd August 2007, 08:50 PM
does anyone else have the same problem downloading from rapidshare as i do? it doesnt let me download two files because it has a limitation. so i have to wait like 2 hrs before downloading the other file. YATHU PLEASE DONT REUPLOAD. but anyone know how to solve this prob?
i suggest sendspace for future uploads.

thineshan54321
23rd August 2007, 08:52 PM
its ok guys, there r no other way except getting a premium account. its ok i can wait 78 minutes. no prob.
from now on i suggest sendspace.com or megashares.com

thineshan54321
23rd August 2007, 11:18 PM
hey does someone know what the name of this album is and when it was released?
is it "Shakalaka Baby"?

i juts love the orchestration on tak dheen. truly western.

rsamadhu2002
24th August 2007, 11:42 AM
Thanks a Zillion dude...By any chance, is it available in US? I would love to have a own copy of CD!!!

AR Rahman - The Man The Music The Legend

Ramakrishna
24th August 2007, 12:09 PM
does anyone else have the same problem downloading from rapidshare as i do? it doesnt let me download two files because it has a limitation. so i have to wait like 2 hrs before downloading the other file. YATHU PLEASE DONT REUPLOAD. but anyone know how to solve this prob?

Hey Thinesh, try this. after downloading once, disconnect the modem and then reconnect it and then try downloading the next file. This works for me.

Yathu
24th August 2007, 08:03 PM
is it "Shakalaka Baby"?

Hey Thinesh, the song "Shakalaka Baby" is from the album "Bombay Deams". "Tak Dheen" is not from that album. It is a bonus track on the "Singles" CD of the song "Shakalaka Baby". I think both were released in 2002.

Thanks a Zillion dude...By any chance, is it available in US? I would love to have a own copy of CD!!!

I'm don't think the single was released in the US but u can buy it online from Amazon.co.uk. Theres a link in Dinesh's initial post:

:)

thineshan54321
25th August 2007, 07:07 AM

Hey Thinesh, try this. after downloading once, disconnect the modem and then reconnect it and then try downloading the next file. This works for me.

thanks ramakrishna it works :shock: :) thank u

thineshan54321
25th August 2007, 07:07 AM
is it "Shakalaka Baby"?

Hey Thinesh, the song "Shakalaka Baby" is from the album "Bombay Deams". "Tak Dheen" is not from that album. It is a bonus track on the "Singles" CD of the song "Shakalaka Baby". I think both were released in 2002.

I'm don't think the single was released in the US but u can buy it online from Amazon.co.uk. Theres a link in Dinesh's initial post:

thanks for the info yathu, appreciate it. :)

anoops
13th September 2007, 11:47 AM
oh oh Rapidshare :( :( :(
can anyone pls upload this to megashare or megaupload or anything else other than rapidshare :oops: :oops: :oops:

rajasaranam
26th December 2007, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the songs. the audio quality is very good :)

july
28th December 2007, 09:52 PM
Yathu u make my day..
Thanks a lot for sharing this rare song.
really appreciate ur effort.

Yathu
29th December 2007, 04:26 AM
Yathu u make my day..
Thanks a lot for sharing this rare song.
really appreciate ur effort.

no worries, 'tis my pleasure. :D

dinesh2002
25th April 2009, 08:35 AM
guys !!! my comp crashed a couple of days ago and ive lost this songs. The link is dead for all the wav. files of the songs. can anyone re upload it for me please?????????

thineshan54321
25th April 2009, 08:34 PM
guys !!! my comp crashed a couple of days ago and ive lost this songs. The link is dead for all the wav. files of the songs. can anyone re upload it for me please?????????

hey i too lost this song in the shuffle of this. i would appreciate this also.

ajaybaskar
25th April 2009, 09:41 PM
http://download.rahmanism.com/Downloads/Bombay_dreams/Song-Tak_Dheen.html

http://mp3.tamilwire.com/bombay-dreams-2002.html

jaaze
25th April 2009, 10:34 PM
http://download.rahmanism.com/Downloads/Bombay_dreams/Song-Tak_Dheen.html

http://mp3.tamilwire.com/bombay-dreams-2002.html Thanks ajaybaskar, I have now got the Tak Dheen track but do you have the Shakalaka Baby remix track that is featured in the disc of the Single?

ajaybaskar
25th April 2009, 10:36 PM
Will check with yahoogroups and shall let u know...

Yathu
26th April 2009, 01:38 AM
If Ajay can't find it, I'll reupload it, but it may take some time as I've got exams coming up & I'm mostly hubbing on my mobile!

dinesh2002
26th April 2009, 09:55 AM
If Ajay can't find it, I'll reupload it, but it may take some time as I've got exams coming up & I'm mostly hubbing on my mobile!

Ajay, thanks a million for the mp3 link ! It was relief to get a chance to listen to it in good quality. But it would be greater if the wav. file is available as well. Its a rare song and its best to have it in the best quality :). (im a greedy guy i know :P)

Yathu, that would be awesome !! But sorry to trouble u. U already did an excellent job releasing this track in the 1st place. We can wait, do all ur exams 1st. Then u upload. :)

Dhanksszzz allot frens..... :D

krishh17
2nd May 2009, 05:49 AM
Wowwww...gr8 job Ajay for the crystal clear quality of Tak Dheen song. I have da bad quality of the same song, and always craved to have the good quality version, but had to b contended with wat i had..but even in bad quality the song was mindblowing. and now man....this song is even better...the drums are rocking in this song and the whole background feel of this song is mesmerizing. Very sensual and playful song ...

I think this song should have seen much brighter light by being included in the main album :(

dinesh2002
2nd May 2009, 12:50 PM
Wowwww...gr8 job Ajay for the crystal clear quality of Tak Dheen song. I have da bad quality of the same song, and always craved to have the good quality version, but had to b contended with wat i had..but even in bad quality the song was mindblowing. and now man....this song is even better...the drums are rocking in this song and the whole background feel of this song is mesmerizing. Very sensual and playful song ...

I think this song should have seen much brighter light by being included in the main album :(

actually the credit should go to Yathu, coz he took his time and search for the CD and ripped it for us back then. If he didnt do so, we wouldnt have got the chance to listen to this track in clear quality.

Ofcource, thanks to Ajay to provide us with the link once again. Thats great too. But one thing, I dunno on what context this rahmanism.com owner dared to credit the song to his site/himself. I find it really unfair .... ! :x

Yathu
2nd May 2009, 03:52 PM
:) rahmanism.com should defo state The Hub as their source. Give us some (much needed) publicity!

thineshan54321
2nd May 2009, 07:55 PM

actually the credit should go to Yathu, coz he took his time and search for the CD and ripped it for us back then. If he didnt do so, we wouldnt have got the chance to listen to this track in clear quality.

Ofcource, thanks to Ajay to provide us with the link once again. Thats great too. But one thing, I dunno on what context this rahmanism.com owner dared to credit the song to his site/himself. I find it really unfair .... ! :x

i am even more greedy than u dinesh. does anyone have bombay dreams CD? the full one? if so can we please get a wav. i am missing that album completely. lol. also i dont think tak dheen was part of bombay dreams can someone throw some history?

jaaze
2nd May 2009, 09:41 PM
I bought the bombay dreams CD but I am lazy to rip and upload.

Anyway, you should buy one too :yes:

Tak Dheen was part of the album, but not the one you see in the recent posts. It was just a small bit from another track (Bombay Awakes) of the album.

jaaze
2nd May 2009, 09:42 PM
Regd the whole album of Bombay Dreams, it is present in one of the links given by ajay in the recent posts :)

Yathu
2nd July 2009, 02:28 AM
Here's the download link for Tak Dheen in the WAV format:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qc91az

Sorry it took me donkeys years guys! :oops:

Enjoy! :D

Thalafanz
2nd July 2009, 05:54 AM
Thanks Yathu :D
Unggal sEvai enggalukku thEvai :bow:

dinesh2002
2nd July 2009, 07:41 AM
Here's the download link for Tak Dheen in the WAV format:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qc91az

Sorry it took me donkeys years guys! :oops:

Enjoy! :D

Yathu, thanks allot for ripping them again. So Sorry to trouble u :D !!

littlemaster1982
2nd July 2009, 08:09 AM
:ty: :ty: Yathu. By any chance do you know the female singer's name?

jaaze
2nd July 2009, 08:15 AM
The Journey Home - Sarah Brightman in Harem

Had this song with me for a long time but just got to listen to it today :musicsmile:

It was really difficult to get this song. I couldn't even find the CD here in Singapore.

Dinesh, is it ok to change the title to Rare songs of ARR (if there isn't already another topic with that title). If not, its ok :)

Yathu
6th July 2009, 06:01 PM
You're all welcome guys!

:ty: :ty: Yathu. By any chance do you know the female singer's name?

LM, the CD doesn't credit the vocalist. Maybe it's Priya Kalidas who played one of the lead roles in the stage show.

Thalafanz
6th July 2009, 06:39 PM
oh oh Rapidshare :( :( :(
can anyone pls upload this to megashare or megaupload or anything else other than rapidshare :oops: :oops: :oops:

Requesting again. The links show error... Pls someone upload Shakalaka_Baby and Shakalaka_Baby_Mix... Thanks. :)

dinesh2002
10th July 2009, 11:13 AM
The Journey Home - Sarah Brightman in Harem

Had this song with me for a long time but just got to listen to it today :musicsmile:

It was really difficult to get this song. I couldn't even find the CD here in Singapore.

Dinesh, is it ok to change the title to Rare songs of ARR (if there isn't already another topic with that title). If not, its ok :)

Hey jaaze, sorry for the late reply :P

I think lets keep this thread for Shakalakka Baby, it will make things easier if anyone wants to get this album. :D

We should open a separate thread for the RARE songs though.... ippeve thorukerene :P

dinesh2002
10th July 2009, 11:17 AM
Rare songs thread :

http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=13224

:D

jaaze
10th July 2009, 01:49 PM

Yathu
10th July 2009, 06:26 PM
oh oh Rapidshare :( :( :( can anyone pls upload this to megashare or megaupload or anything else other than rapidshare :oops: :oops: :oops: http://rapidshare.com/files/50385738/03_Tak_Dheen_2.wav http://rapidshare.com/files/50636184/01_Shakalaka_Baby.wav http://rapidshare.com/files/50781413/02_Shakalaka_Baby__Sari_Mix_.wav Requesting again. The links show error... Pls someone upload Shakalaka_Baby and Shakalaka_Baby_Mix... Thanks. :)

I'll upload these on sendspace soon! :)

Thalafanz
10th July 2009, 07:05 PM
Thanks Yathu. :D Take ur time. In the meantime, I have downloaded those songs from the link Ajay provided. The quality is quite good.:)

Yathu
19th July 2009, 05:13 PM
Shakalaka Baby

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4d55m7

Shakalaka Baby (Shri Remix)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7edgnu

Both in .WAV format. :D