PDA

View Full Version : 15 years of A.R.Rahman's music - 1992 to 2007 and continuing

inetk
12th August 2007, 04:05 PM
A small collection of thoughts about my interests' arc on A.R.Rahman's
music, on the eve of his completing 15 years in Indian film music.

http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2007/08/12/15-years-of-arrahmans-music-1992-to-2007-and-continuing/

thineshan54321
12th August 2007, 08:59 PM
wow karthik anna !!! :notworthy:
what an experience you have had. I never knew you were an ardent fan of rahman. i enjoyed reading 15 years of Rahman's influence on you. :)

prashanth12
13th August 2007, 06:05 AM
Nice article, I also shared that experience with the song "Chinna Chinna Aasai". I think that was the first ARR song I heard. I think you're spot on with the comment about the different with perception about ARR back then and ARR now, after it's been 15 years. But you can't deny that he was a pioneer for a different kind of music in the TFM scene. If you were going to name the top tfm composers ever, I think he'd get a spot on the list for sure.

thineshan54321
13th August 2007, 07:51 AM
yes i too agree if there is an arr album the whole of tamil nadu will hear it within hours. that is no longer the case, but i think thats because of ARR imitators, the big one being HJ. I think if ARR wants to be on the same level that he was in the 90s he should do something that is really trendsetting, it should be another step forward in TFM.
But for me, I became of fan of music in 2004 and therefore a fan of ARR. I mean I heard his songs when I was young but I didnt know the value of them as I didn't really appreciate music that much. So its like the 1995s for me right now. For Guru I was searching for 3-4 hrs starting from 10 pm to find mp3 because I couldnt wait till the next morning to buy the CD. So there is still that craze within me for ARR's albums.
But really hoping ARR does something really really interesting which will get tamil nadu to turn back and look at him once more with the same eyes that looked at him in the 90s. Boys was a very good attempt. But the only problem is the album appealed just to the teens unlike Roja which appealed to everybody. But until then, we can still be proud of being his fans as his albums are always atleast a step ahead of the rest. And we can be proud once again being fans of a person whose personality is as polished as a pearl. :)

Really looking forward to ATM and Sakarakatti. We are guaranteed atleast two more melodies this year after sahana and vaa ji as both albums will release by the end of this year. So tahts enough for me.

littlemaster1982
13th August 2007, 12:11 PM
Karthik,

Thats a superb post. Loved your objective style :)

MADDY
13th August 2007, 12:21 PM
superb article karthik :D .........i loved it, great writing style and capturing minute details - wow.....

only 15 years-a aachhu?? :roll: :cry: , the kind of struggle/argument that we had over his constant criticism makes it seem like 25 years :D

Wibha
17th August 2007, 10:30 AM
superb article karthik :D .........i loved it, great writing style and capturing minute details - wow.....

only 15 years-a aachhu?? :roll: :cry: , the kind of struggle/argument that we had over his constant criticism makes it seem like 25 years :D

:yes: ;)

karthik :thumbsup: that was an awesome article :D :clap:

sureshmehcnit
21st August 2007, 09:55 AM
for me Rahman's music hasn't changed a note since Roja.... it creates the same impact as it did before.... this piece is a recollection of my personal experiences with Rahman.....

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2007/08/rahman-and-me-on-nostalgic-trip.html

ursmusically (http://www.ursmusically.wordpress.com)
Sureshkumar

thineshan54321
21st August 2007, 11:43 AM
for me Rahman's music hasn't changed a note since Roja.... it creates the same impact as it did before.... this piece is a recollection of my personal experiences with Rahman.....

Sureshkumar

:notworthy: i usually never read anything this long unless its for school research. You really got me hooked. It was really interesting. :) i envy ur experiences :( have fun and good luck with ur life 8-)

dinesh2002
21st August 2007, 11:51 AM
[tscii:1b7c59598c]

Sureshkumar

this is the best article i have read !!! seriously saying, as Thineshan said, i also hardly read any articles which r long like urs, and yes,i also only will read thoroughly if its an article for my assignments...... as for articles for music or movie reviews, i usually read the 1st and last paragraph or read any lines which has the name " A.R.Rahman " only....
but ur article made me read it patiently and feel every memories u went true... i have to admit it, im touched!! :)

this part of the article is so true... and i something which even i had thought millions of time....

I realize now, that more you become aware of how the music is being created; the real pleasure of listening to the music is lost. Listening to music had become more of a mechanical process than an emotional process and I was starting to miss the divine pleasure I had before, when I was listening to a ‘Minsara Kanavu’ or a ‘Uyirae’ or a ‘Thiruda Thiruda’. But now I have learnt to find a balance in between. Yet, I wish I could have remained as the same little innocent Suresh who just know how to enjoy good music and did nothing else.

how i missed my self enjoying MUSIC alone without knowing who is the md or how they made it...!!! those days were the best!!!

hats of to u!! :thumbsup: ....[/tscii:1b7c59598c]

SoftSword
21st August 2007, 12:40 PM
[tscii:021df228b9]

Sureshkumar

awesome composition...

am happy for the fact that Rahman has lost the consistency he had then in 90’s. In the 90’s, take any soundtrack of Rahman, irrespective of the quality of the movie, the soundtrack became a big hit and the quality of music was very high. I couldn’t accept 90’s Rahman as a complete film composer; he was just a hit song or album maker. But I feel happy that these days, Rahman has matured as a film composer and gives great music for great movies, good music for good movies and bad music for bad movies.

very true, except that bad music for bad movies...
cos, even Tajmahal, a bad movie had a few are musical orchestration of rahman...

the kulirudhu kulirudhu song... i get the warmth when i hear it... on a rainy day when you have reached home drenced, and dried urself...
and the eechi elumichi... the rhythm...
and yathe bit from sengaathae... to name a few...

i dono what i can call the parasuram track...
a bad movie.... is that a bad music... or i still have a doubt that its composed by praveen mani, in the name of rahman, as rahman was busy with bombay dreams by then... cos the background music was by praveen mani as mentioned in the titles...

and...
suresh... by any chance are you from salem...?[/tscii:021df228b9]

thineshan54321
21st August 2007, 08:36 PM
[tscii:94fa30768e]

Sureshkumar

this is the best article i have read !!! seriously saying, as Thineshan said, i also hardly read any articles which r long like urs, and yes,i also only will read thoroughly if its an article for my assignments...... as for articles for music or movie reviews, i usually read the 1st and last paragraph or read any lines which has the name " A.R.Rahman " only....
but ur article made me read it patiently and feel every memories u went true... i have to admit it, im touched!! :)

this part of the article is so true... and i something which even i had thought millions of time....

I realize now, that more you become aware of how the music is being created; the real pleasure of listening to the music is lost. Listening to music had become more of a mechanical process than an emotional process and I was starting to miss the divine pleasure I had before, when I was listening to a ‘Minsara Kanavu’ or a ‘Uyirae’ or a ‘Thiruda Thiruda’. But now I have learnt to find a balance in between. Yet, I wish I could have remained as the same little innocent Suresh who just know how to enjoy good music and did nothing else.

how i missed my self enjoying MUSIC alone without knowing who is the md or how they made it...!!! those days were the best!!!

hats of to u!! :thumbsup: ....[/tscii:94fa30768e]

yes truly, that part that dinesh highlighted struck me also. really a heart, mind touching article. :)

sureshmehcnit
22nd August 2007, 09:04 AM
Thinesan - Though even i thought it is too long (the unedited version was twice longer), i went ahead posting it, becoz when u speak ur heart definitely it will create an impact of its own. Thanks for ur comments.

sureshmehcnit
22nd August 2007, 09:06 AM
dinesh - thanks for taking time to read my long experiences with Rahman... that missing the real pleasure of music is one of the reasons why i have almost stopped writing music review, i write only the music motivates me too, otherwise i don't

sureshmehcnit
22nd August 2007, 09:09 AM
Softsword - Both the movies u mentioned are from big movie directors, Bharathiraja and Balachander, when Rahman composes for the music, he may not have any idea that the movie is going to be made is such a bad manner, the premise of the given to him would have sounded inspiring for Rahman and hence the good music.... Infact 'Tajmahal' and 'Kangalal Kaithi sei' soundtracks are some of my special favourites of Rahman. there is nothing bad abt 'Parthalae paravasam' music either...

and yes I am from SALEM

Wibha
22nd August 2007, 09:26 AM
suresh :thumbsup: wow u guys are actually able to express wat u feel in such a lovely way :clap: :D

SoftSword
22nd August 2007, 11:28 AM
Softsword - Both the movies u mentioned are from big movie directors, Bharathiraja and Balachander, when Rahman composes for the music, he may not have any idea that the movie is going to be made is such a bad manner, the premise of the given to him would have sounded inspiring for Rahman and hence the good music.... Infact 'Tajmahal' and 'Kangalal Kaithi sei' soundtracks are some of my special favourites of Rahman. there is nothing bad abt 'Parthalae paravasam' music either...

and yes I am from SALEM

even i am from salem...
That mariamman festival celebrated in streets rang a bell in my mind that you are from salem...

thineshan54321
22nd August 2007, 07:54 PM
Thinesan - Though even i thought it is too long (the unedited version was twice longer), i went ahead posting it, becoz when u speak ur heart definitely it will create an impact of its own. Thanks for ur comments.

it surely created a lasting impact. its like reading a beautiful novel, but this is even better as they are expereiences relating to ARR and expressed in such a fantastic, crisp manner.

dinesh2002
22nd August 2007, 09:21 PM
dinesh - thanks for taking time to read my long experiences with Rahman... that missing the real pleasure of music is one of the reasons why i have almost stopped writing music review, i write only the music motivates me too, otherwise i don't

yea suresh, have to agree with u... its funny when i listen to the songs that i used to enjoy & which holds sweet memories, i tend to go into the song more mechanically rather than listenin to the song & remember the sweet memories it contains... well, somehow, i think ive come out of it & just listen to the song and enjoy it.... and yes suresh, i clearly see ur not writing audio reviews any more.... wut was ur last review???

sureshmehcnit
23rd August 2007, 11:31 AM
dinesh - I recently wrote one for 'Bheema' becoz i am always get amazed by ability of Harris to deliver nothing new and yet hook the listeners.... it is an enjoyable soundtrack..

netfriend4u2005
23rd August 2007, 03:21 PM
Hoooo hoooo,

15 yrs ARR = 1 yr IR
And IR will is already completing 32 yrs.
So check the equation to match the Musical expert.

SoftSword
23rd August 2007, 04:54 PM
friend...
more than length of the time.. its the depth of music that matters...
don mistake that we are against IR...
we always respect him...

music is something beyond equations and mere years...
so,
grow up...

dinesh2002
23rd August 2007, 05:16 PM
Hoooo hoooo,

15 yrs ARR = 1 yr IR
And IR will is already completing 32 yrs.
So check the equation to match the Musical expert.

we shall go ur way.... ARR achieved 4 times wut IR did in his 32 years with only 15 years....Ithu yepedi iruke???? :lol:

please grow up & respect them for wut they have achieved & not come here to proof something everyone know, that IR is already 32 years old in the music field & is a Maestro.....

Sheesh..... should band kids from using the hubs :twisted:

Yathu
23rd August 2007, 07:12 PM

Sureshkumar

Wow a very interesting read Suresh :thumbsup:

Mr. Netfriend4Me2007: :notthatway: No comparisions please. ARR is beyond comparison with ANY other MD! :lol:

sureshmehcnit
24th August 2007, 08:57 AM
Yathu - Thanks

thineshan54321
25th August 2007, 08:08 PM
dinesh - I recently wrote one for 'Bheema' becoz i am always get amazed by ability of Harris to deliver nothing new and yet hook the listeners.... it is an enjoyable soundtrack..

hey suresh anna, I think thats the reason why HJ albums hook the listener - because its not new. When people are given something they are familiar with they get adapted to it faster. This is the reason why ARR's music needs a lot of exposure (movie being a hit, promotions - so that people will have a chance to appreciate the sheer beauty behind each album).

inetk
26th August 2007, 11:46 AM
Baradwaj Rangan on 15 years of Rahman!

http://desipundit.com/baradwajrangan/2007/08/25/15-years-of-ar-rahman/

NormalMan
26th August 2007, 11:56 AM
---------------------------------
ALL COMMENTS ARE IMHO
---------------------------------
When I look back and analyze hard ARR's albums since 1992, only the following make me listen to them repeatedly and made a mark.

1. Roja
2. Duet
3. Dil Se
4. Kandukondain Kandukondain

The rest .... will have to be a forced hearing. No doubt he had achieved the level of fame far more than any genius in IFM (SDB, Naushad, IR, MSV). But that does NOT necessarily imply quality.

Nevertheless, he has made Tamil's proud and honorable.

prasana84
26th August 2007, 01:14 PM
There are so many rahman albums which made me to hear repeatedly not only roja, dil se, duet, kk. many other are there like may madham, indira, uzlavan, kadhal desam, kathalan, love birds, etc. so ppl who didnt no abt a.r.r plzz dont comment there r soo many albums of rahman which i think the best out of the world. Then the quality of songs tats y i like rahman the most in tamil.

thineshan54321
26th August 2007, 09:28 PM
guys i was wondering, was meenaxi a big hit in hindi in terms of audio. Do Kadam is just a mindblowing piece of music, I would put it under the many legendary compositions of ARR.

A.ANAND
27th August 2007, 06:46 AM
'tehazeeb'album is one of the masterpiese from our boss and my fav.hindi rahman album.

MADDY
27th August 2007, 08:09 AM
Songs that defined A.R.Rahman's popularity curve:

1. Chinna Chinna aasai (Song of the decade - 1990)
2. Chikku bukku rail (ARR becomes a household name)
3. Konjam Nilavu (first indian/tamil song to feature in MTV world)
4. Ennavale (takes on the conservatives of TN head on)
5. Muqabla(mega,giga hit, becomes household name across India)
6. Porale ponnuthai (reached rural areas)
7. Uyire/Tu hi re (love anthem of the nation at that time)
8. Tanha Tanha/kya kare (major chartbuster in hindi)
9. Musthafa (friendship anthem)
10. Ooh la la (national award winning effort)
11. Kannodu kaanbadhellam (people's respect grew for him)
12. Chayya chayya (second national anthem at that time)
13. Varaha Nadhi karai (ARR's "sen thamizh then mozhiya")
14. kaadhal yenum thervu ezhudhi (very good hit)
15. vetri kodi kattu/en peru pasyappa, padyappa (blockbuster chartbuster)
16. Thirupachi arival (rocked interior TN)
17. pachhai nirame (earth shattering song which features as ringtones/car tones thruout India)
18. Sandhana thendral (colossal effort and a bigger hit)
19. Girlfriend (most crucial song in this list - ARR's re-entry)
20. Thottal poo malarum (risky effort to retune MSV classics but successfully done)
21. Mayiliraghe (melody redefined)
22. Munbe vaa (muqabla of 2000's - Avg broadcasting rate: 4times/day on sun music, even now)
23. Athiradee (master carries on.........)

(these are list of ARR's popular songs in chronological order and not list of quality songs.....also, this is what i saw in last 15 yrs, u mite have seen a complete different song list as big hits of ARR)

crajkumar_be
27th August 2007, 01:56 PM
'tehazeeb'album is one of the masterpiese from our boss and my fav.hindi rahman album.
idha thAn nAn remba nALA sollitrukken :)

The most underrated Rahman album... Padam mattum hit Airindhuchu nA pAttukku kidaikkavEndiya mariyAdhai kidaichirukkum 8-)

crajkumar_be
27th August 2007, 02:16 PM
My "list" (not comprehensive by any means) -
Based on repeat value and my nostalgia-quotient more than other factors:

- Kadhal Rojave
- Netru Illadha Matram
- Chikku Bukku
- Take It Easy Oorvasi
-Thee thee thithikkum thee
- Veera Pandi/Kannum Kannum
- Kannalane
- Musthafa
- Thendrale Thendrale
- Oh vennila
- Ooh la la la
- Chayya Chayya
- Kadhal Enum thervezhudhi
- Kadhal Sadugudu
- Kandukondein Kandukondein
- Girlfriend
- Hello Mr Edhirkatchi/Ayirathil Naan Oruvan/Kannai Katti Kolladhe
- Palakaatu Machanukku pattunna usuru
- Munbe Va
- Swasame swasame

- Rangeela - full album
- Nahin saamne
- Tehzeeb - full album
- Main vari vari
- Thai Manne Vanakkam

Murali Srinivas
27th August 2007, 04:34 PM
Dear Maddy,

Since you have said that you have listed in the chronological order, can I say that there are some changes need to be made?

Ennavalae and Muqabala came after Porale Ponnuthayi. Kaadahalan came in Sep 1994 whereas Kizakku Seemaiyile was in 1993.

In the same manner, though Sangamam, Kaadhalar Dinam and Padayappa came in the same year 1999, the release was in the reverse order (ie) Padayappa, KD and Sangamam.

Regards

dinesh2002
27th August 2007, 05:29 PM

yes....Awesome renderation by Madhushree also.... one of her best numbers!!!! 3 songs of hers there is simply out of the world!!!!!!!

baroque
28th August 2007, 05:26 AM
Indulge the sustained melody, calm & unruffled orchestral serenity from Unstoppable Rahman!! :thumbsup:

1. What an album PUKAR!! Classy! Glamorous!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azKM-vyn0qA

2. What a musical masterpiece THE LEGEND OF BHAGAT SINGH!!

Melt your heart! What a musical salute from Rahman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtkKUj0Et-o&mode=related&search=

3. KISNA has only one song but What a Song!
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/p/x/dBxmQHvyR9.As1NMvHdW/

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/p/x/d6xm-v9pRS.As1NMvHdW/

4. Thakshak nice album !

Deem........ Rahman's Classical skill yield's a catchy thillana

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/p/x/N6fmv67brd.As1NMvHdW/

TAAL, LAGAAN & More... Another Aamir , Rahman movie 1947 EARTH - ruth aa gayee re.... is amazingly catchy song, How can I forget!
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/p/x/QWQmX4Fq0d.As1NMvHdW/

5. THE BOSE- FORGOTTEN HERO!

Melt your heart!

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/p/x/-spmhjvhTd.As1NMvHdW/

Thanks Rahman for the wonderful musicals!

thanks for allowing me here, guys! Vinatha. :)

thineshan54321
28th August 2007, 08:50 AM
Songs that defined A.R.Rahman's popularity curve:

1. Chinna Chinna aasai (Song of the decade - 1990)
2. Chikku bukku rail (ARR becomes a household name)
3. Konjam Nilavu (first indian/tamil song to feature in MTV world)
4. Ennavale (takes on the conservatives of TN head on)
5. Muqabla(mega,giga hit, becomes household name across India)
6. Porale ponnuthai (reached rural areas)
7. Uyire/Tu hi re (love anthem of the nation at that time)
8. Tanha Tanha/kya kare (major chartbuster in hindi)
9. Musthafa (friendship anthem)
10. Ooh la la (national award winning effort)
11. Kannodu kaanbadhellam (people's respect grew for him)
12. Chayya chayya (second national anthem at that time)
13. Varaha Nadhi karai (ARR's "sen thamizh then mozhiya")
14. kaadhal yenum thervu ezhudhi (very good hit)
15. vetri kodi kattu/en peru pasyappa, padyappa (blockbuster chartbuster)
16. Thirupachi arival (rocked interior TN)
17. pachhai nirame (earth shattering song which features as ringtones/car tones thruout India)
18. Sandhana thendral (colossal effort and a bigger hit)
19. Girlfriend (most crucial song in this list - ARR's re-entry)
20. Thottal poo malarum (risky effort to retune MSV classics but successfully done)
21. Mayiliraghe (melody redefined)
22. Munbe vaa (muqabla of 2000's - Avg broadcasting rate: 4times/day on sun music, even now)
23. Athiradee (master carries on.........)

(these are list of ARR's popular songs in chronological order and not list of quality songs.....also, this is what i saw in last 15 yrs, u mite have seen a complete different song list as big hits of ARR)

welcome back maddy. :) didnt see any posts from u recently. nice post.

thineshan54321
28th August 2007, 08:54 AM

yes....Awesome renderation by Madhushree also.... one of her best numbers!!!! 3 songs of hers there is simply out of the world!!!!!!!

which songs r u talking about dinesh? tehzeeb is that good? ive never listened to it :shock:

MADDY
28th August 2007, 11:31 AM

- Kadhal Rojave
- Netru Illadha Matram
- Chikku Bukku
- Take It Easy Oorvasi
-Thee thee thithikkum thee
- Veera Pandi/Kannum Kannum
- Kannalane
- Musthafa
- Thendrale Thendrale
- Oh vennila
- Ooh la la la
- Chayya Chayya
- Kadhal Enum thervezhudhi
- Kadhal Sadugudu
- Kandukondein Kandukondein
- Girlfriend
- Hello Mr Edhirkatchi/Ayirathil Naan Oruvan/Kannai Katti Kolladhe
- Palakaatu Machanukku pattunna usuru
- Munbe Va
- Swasame swasame

- Rangeela - full album
- Nahin saamne
- Tehzeeb - full album
- Main vari vari
- Thai Manne Vanakkam

we have almost-similar list :D ..........palakaatu machanukku ?? :huh: - maybe for the guitars in the song?? :roll:

oh vennilla - i always remember ur answer quoting this song's lines in GOTD thread :D

MADDY
28th August 2007, 11:35 AM
Dear Maddy,

Since you have said that you have listed in the chronological order, can I say that there are some changes need to be made?

Ennavalae and Muqabala came after Porale Ponnuthayi. Kaadahalan came in Sep 1994 whereas Kizakku Seemaiyile was in 1993.

In the same manner, though Sangamam, Kaadhalar Dinam and Padayappa came in the same year 1999, the release was in the reverse order (ie) Padayappa, KD and Sangamam.

Regards

wow, murali sir, welcome to ARR section :notworthy:

porale ponnuthayi is from karuthamma which came in 1994 deepavali, if i'm not wrong

reg. sangamam, kadhalar dhinam,padyappa - u r absolutely right abt the order.....they all came in the same year.........it was ARR's golden year i must say :D

en swaasa katre
padyappa
Kadhalar dhinam
Sangamam
Jodi
Mudhalvan
Taj Mahal

Taal
1947 Earth
Thakshak

:shock: :shock:

crajkumar_be
28th August 2007, 12:47 PM
we have almost-similar list

Yeah, infact, i used ur list as a reference :P

:D ..........palakaatu machanukku ?? :huh: - maybe for the guitars in the song?? :roll:

I admit its a wacky choice. Should have *-ed it. That's in purely because of the nostalgia factor (there's a lot of beer in that song :lol: )- my initial period of Rahman fanhood, defending against the detractors...

oh vennilla - i always remember ur answer quoting this song's lines in GOTD thread :D
Everybody talks about Rahman-Mani and Rahman-Shankar, but IMO Rahman-Kadhir is not far behind. Kadhal Desam and Kadhalar Dhinam are among my favorites and infact i went for the FDFS of Kadhal Virus (:banghead:) (for Rahman, obviously).

SoftSword
28th August 2007, 01:00 PM
we have almost-similar list

Yeah, infact, i used ur list as a reference :P

:D ..........palakaatu machanukku ?? :huh: - maybe for the guitars in the song?? :roll:

I admit its a wacky choice. Should have *-ed it. That's in purely because of the nostalgia factor (there's a lot of beer in that song :lol: )- my initial period of Rahman fanhood, defending against the detractors...

Everybody talks about Rahman-Mani and Rahman-Shankar, but IMO Rahman-Kadhir is not far behind. Kadhal Desam and Kadhalar Dhinam are among my favorites and infact i went for the FDFS of Kadhal Virus (:banghead:) (for Rahman, obviously).

me too CR...
first day first show of Kadhal virus in coimbatore, bunking the model labs...

but i din get disappointed either...
mayebe i felt a little bad for kadhir...

but as far as the songs...
i was satisfied...

crajkumar_be
28th August 2007, 01:23 PM
SS,
Of course the songs didn't disappoint.

I have a question for Rahman fans in general. Hope its ok to ask this in this thread. Was Paul Jacob a part of Nemesis Avenue?

SoftSword
28th August 2007, 01:49 PM
SS,

I have a question for Rahman fans in general. Hope its ok to ask this in this thread. Was Paul Jacob a part of Nemesis Avenue?

i know very less about him CR..
in fact you need to teach me about him...

A.ANAND
28th August 2007, 02:11 PM

which songs r u talking about dinesh? tehzeeb is that good? ive never listened to it :shock:thines, tehzeeb songs innum neenga kekkalaya???what a surprice :shock:

dinesh2002
28th August 2007, 04:18 PM

which songs r u talking about dinesh? tehzeeb is that good? ive never listened to it :shock:

thinesh.... u never heard of Tehzeeb b4?? the movie starring Urmila...which was released in 2003....

here is the link to listen to the songs :

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/hindi_bollywood/s/movie_name.1959/

ohh yea...listen to the Madhushree's version... 3 ghazals with western arrangments and beats :

1.Na Shiqwa Hota
2.Mujphe Toofan
3.Sabaq Aisa

ps: Madhushree's real name is Sujata Bhattacharya... listen to songs which has " Sujata Bhattacharya " as the singer....

nevertheless, Meherbaan is an excellent fast beat song!!!

crajkumar_be
28th August 2007, 04:32 PM
Khoyee Khoyee and Meherbaan are my favorites, followed by the Madhushree melodies.

Meherbaan was composed almost entirely out of on-the-spot improvization....

SoftSword
28th August 2007, 04:35 PM
thanks dnesh...
even i am hearing these tracks for the firsttime...

thineshan54321
28th August 2007, 07:09 PM

which songs r u talking about dinesh? tehzeeb is that good? ive never listened to it :shock:thines, tehzeeb songs innum neenga kekkalaya???what a surprice :shock:

I am surprised too, I dont know how I missed that album. Anyways I have that album downloaded now. I guess a new ARR album released for me today. :P let me see how good these songs r.

music man
28th August 2007, 08:22 PM
From: crajkumar_be on Tue Aug 28 3:53:26 2007. [Full View]

SS,

Yes Paul Jacob was infact the leader of the band Nemesis Avenue

crajkumar_be
28th August 2007, 09:39 PM
Thanks Music Man.

nickraman
29th August 2007, 02:48 AM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14265566

thineshan54321
29th August 2007, 04:20 AM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14265566

sify writes the worst articles. mani abandoned tamil? the just oil the fire. stupid guys. btw the article is out of date. we have been hearing mani is going to join with rajni.

thineshan54321
29th August 2007, 04:43 AM
guys i just listened to tehzeep like 20 times now repeatedly. Its awesome!! Cant believe i missed this. My fav is Mujphe toofan uthaaya. I love the others as well. Madusree's voice is truly a beauty, no doubt. I love the arabic style khoyee khoyee as well. Nice album.

rayan36
29th August 2007, 10:35 PM

- Rangeela - full album
- Nahin saamne
- Tehzeeb - full album
- Main vari vari
- Thai Manne Vanakkam

WOW, excellent choice, Main Vari Vari sounded very melodious with reema barathwajs voice

littlemaster1982
29th August 2007, 11:31 PM
Isn't Main Vari Vari is sung by Kavitha Krishnamurthy :huh: That's my favorite song as well :D

Vaz
30th August 2007, 12:16 AM
Hi Littlemaster,

the part where the song goes as 'Main vari oh vari' is sung by Reena Baradhwaj... She's a truly wonderful voice! She's sung a track called "Ristha" in Meenakshi...

Hope ARR uses her more... I'm getting tired of Madhusree's voice...
I know she has quite a lot of fans but my ears just don't her voice :huh:

thineshan54321
30th August 2007, 12:33 AM
Hi Littlemaster,

the part where the song goes as 'Main vari oh vari' is sung by Reena Baradhwaj... She's a truly wonderful voice! She's sung a track called "Ristha" in Meenakshi...

ya that is such a nice song. especially the beats.

SoftSword
31st August 2007, 01:25 PM
Isn't Main Vari Vari is sung by Kavitha Krishnamurthy :huh: That's my favorite song as well :D

which?

dinesh2002
31st August 2007, 01:34 PM
Hi Littlemaster,

:evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted:

SoftSword
31st August 2007, 01:38 PM
someone tell me in which album that main vari vari song is ...

crajkumar_be
31st August 2007, 01:41 PM
someone tell me in which album that main vari vari song is ...
Mangal Pandey - The Rising

SoftSword
31st August 2007, 01:43 PM
thanks CR...

littlemaster1982
31st August 2007, 05:05 PM
Hi Littlemaster,

Thanks for the information Vaz. Both Main Vari and Eh Rishta are my favorites. As you said, wish ARR make her sing in his albums often.

And about the fans of Madhushree, I'm one of them ;)

selvakumar
31st August 2007, 05:47 PM
Hi Littlemaster,

.:rotfl:
Vaz - :thumbsup:

ThalaNass
31st August 2007, 06:08 PM
Hi Littlemaster,

:hammer: :hammer: :evil:

Madhusree :notworthy:

selvakumar
31st August 2007, 07:02 PM
:lol:

dinesh2002
31st August 2007, 07:43 PM
Hi Littlemaster,

:hammer: :hammer: :evil:

Madhusree :notworthy:

ThalaNass :notworthy: :D

listen to Madhushree's latest number [duet with Shankar Mahadevan], Sanjaram from Kannamoochi Yenada.... Music by Yuvan..... she is simply awesome!! and song is superb!!! :D catchy beats....

Wibha
31st August 2007, 09:15 PM
madhushree gets fake voice when she goes for a higher pitch :x and it sounds really bad

dinesh2002
31st August 2007, 10:45 PM
madhushree gets fake voice when she goes for a higher pitch :x and it sounds really bad

No she doesnt.... other than her not so good tamil, she is perfect... hmmmm :roll: y people r so against her voice :?

Vaz
1st September 2007, 04:11 AM
I completely agree with Wibha... You can hear it "kannan varum vellai" for e.g.

Anyway Dhinesh don't worry coz' the majority of people are liking her voice... and unfortunately for me ARR also appreciates her quite a lot...

It is just that myself and most of the people I know don't like her kinda voice (like S.Janaki, Asha B., etc) we should be some kinda exceptions maybe... :huh:

ThalaNass
1st September 2007, 07:23 AM
ThalaNass :notworthy: :D

listen to Madhushree's latest number [duet with Shankar Mahadevan], Sanjaram from Kannamoochi Yenada.... Music by Yuvan..... she is simply awesome!! and song is superb!!! :D catchy beats....

Yeah sure Dinesh..
Will try listen to that song.. :D :D

rayan36
1st September 2007, 11:01 AM

No she doesnt.... other than her not so good tamil, she is perfect... hmmmm :roll: y people r so against her voice :?

Her voice is good, but as said, her Tamil pronunciation is bad, I think Shreya Goshal & Sadhana are better in pronunciation than her.

Wibha
1st September 2007, 11:08 AM
Her voice is good, but as said, her Tamil pronunciation is bad, I think Shreya Goshal & Sadhana are better in pronunciation than her.

sadhanas' pronunciation rocks :D

shreya is okay but madhushree lacks something while singing..her pitch doesn't go that well....

VAZ :notworthy:

i wud add latha also to ur list :oops:

dinesh2002
1st September 2007, 02:19 PM
did anyone heard Latha M. songs in 1960s ??? its like Sadhana Sargam singging.... :? :shock: 100% exact!

Vaz
1st September 2007, 03:17 PM
[quote="rayan36"

i wud add latha also to ur list :oops:

Completely agree... didn't add her as I already added some "great" female singers to my list... but definitely the top of the list is Lata...

But I love Shreya Goshal's voice when she doesn't go into high pitch... and her pronouciation is pretty good... ARR pointed it out in one of his interviews...

Sanjeevi
1st September 2007, 04:38 PM
did anyone heard Latha M. songs in 1960s ??? its like Sadhana Sargam singging.... :? :shock: 100% exact!

yes, not only these two. Latha Mangeskar, Asha Bonsle, Sadhana sargam, Madusree and S.Janaki too have same type of voices

dinesh2002
1st September 2007, 05:44 PM

yes, not only these two. Latha Mangeskar, Asha Bonsle, Sadhana sargam, Madusree and S.Janaki too have same type of voices

And Anuradha Padwal too :?..... i think Latha, Sadhana & Anuradha Padwal has the same voice, while Madhushree is the sweeter version of them ...

S.Janaki??? :oops: