PDA

View Full Version : My Tamil isn't that great, Translate a few songs PLEASE?

thiru_iyer
30th July 2007, 01:28 AM
My tamil needs some working on... I never learned the language through education, and I live in Canada now. I only know how to speak normally amongst others in my family, but I find it difficult to understand or speak formal tamil or the like. A lot of the songs use poetry and such that isn't common to the normal words we use when chit chatting with each other.

I would love to know the beautiful and full meaning of these songs -- I agree with Subramanya Bharathi when he says you should understand the lyrics when you sing them and such, So... please?

First song...
Alai Payuthey - Snehidhane

Lyrics:

http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/lyrics/995.html

(sorry, for some reason I am not able to copy and paste them)

rachel
30th July 2007, 03:06 AM
tamil theriyatha..ayyo paavam :poke:

thiru_iyer
30th July 2007, 03:24 AM
appadi illai... enakku konjam theriyum... chumma kathaika mudiyum... anaal... naan Indiale iruntha samayam, Kerelale irundhaen... uppo, ennoadu thamizh naraya malayalam influence irukku... and, naan brahmana, so endhan thamizh iyer bashai thaan...

poorinjitha? hope u understood loll...

please help?

rachel
30th July 2007, 03:30 AM
i don't think you need any help :twisted:

thiru_iyer
30th July 2007, 03:38 AM
loll i dooooo... i do not understand the song... the lyrics are complicated and have words i haven't heard.

please... help me? come on, i'm guessing your thamizh is great.

rachel
30th July 2007, 05:36 AM
loll i dooooo... i do not understand the song... the lyrics are complicated and have words i haven't heard.

please... help me? come on, i'm guessing your thamizh is great.

:twisted: