PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the new TFM discussion forum!

RR
26th December 2004, 11:14 AM
Welcome all, we are now on the new TFM DF! The new DF has a more easily manageable, database-driven infrastructure. We hope to provide a forum that has cleaner and more fun-filled discussions. There are also plans integrate the TFM database with the database-driven forum.. More on that later..

FAQ:

1. Why do I see the threads sometimes in white and sometimes flashy?

The new DF supports two views i) Lite View ii) Full View. In Lite view, you can view the the latest posts of a thread exactly as in old DF. This is fast loading and helps quickly check the latest updates. The Full View is for those who want things hi-fi :) It'll show avatars, quote buttons, etc. This is the default phpBB viewing mode, as seen on many web sites.
You have the choice. You choose the view that is convenient to you.

2. I see some new forums?!

There were frequent requests for separate forums for IR and ARR. We are happy to announce to all IR and ARR fan that we have dedicated forums forums for them now! Have fun!
Topics that don't belong to neither will be put in he new 'current topics' forum.

3. Can I be a moderator of XYZ forum?

We have some criteria like i) the person should've posted N number of posts ii) visits the forum regularly, iii) shown good behaviour, etc. If you think you fit the bill, let us know (pm me). We'll consider.

If you have any questions/comments/suggestions, post here.

rajeshkrv
28th December 2004, 11:13 AM
some of the threads like Psusheelafans are missing in the current topics?

RR
28th December 2004, 12:11 PM
some of the threads like Psusheelafans are missing in the current topics?

rajesh, see here:

http://forumhub.lunarpages.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=1061

krish244
28th December 2004, 04:45 PM
Hello RR,

First of all let me wish you on the excellent efford put on to create the new TFM DF! CONGRATULATIONS! Now, my doubts :-) :

1) Earlier, whenever I wanted to see the latest happenings on TFM, I just used to click http://www.tfmpage.com/forum/forum.html (bookmark'ed) and all the latest updated topics used to be there at the end of that page. Now, everything is sepearted like "IR Albums", "ARR Albums", "Permanent...", etc. Is there anyway to see all the latest updated threads easily? (like I used to see earlier). Please suggest.

2) For the past 2-3 days, there seems to be no activities anywhere in "IR's New Albums" or "thiruvasagam in symphony", etc. Is it that there is really nothing happening in those threads or am I looking at the wrong page. Also, in almost all of "IR's Albums" sections, every topic has the "OldPosts". Am I looking at the right place for "IR's New Albums", etc? I did post a message aswell and I saw that appearing over there too. Please help me out.

Thanks

Krishnan

RR
29th December 2004, 09:13 AM
Hello RR,

First of all let me wish you on the excellent efford put on to create the new TFM DF! CONGRATULATIONS!

Thanks very much. Migrating a forum of TFM DF's size required a lot of planning, coordination, and effort. We are glad it turned out fine. I wish to thank all our team members, people who beta tested and gave valuable feedback, and most of all you fans for the support. Your compliments go to all of them.

Now, my doubts :-) :

1) Earlier, whenever I wanted to see the latest happenings on TFM, I just used to click http://www.tfmpage.com/forum/forum.html (bookmark'ed) and all the latest updated topics used to be there at the end of that page. Now, everything is sepearted like "IR Albums", "ARR Albums", "Permanent...", etc. Is there anyway to see all the latest updated threads easily? (like I used to see earlier). Please suggest.

In the old forum, 'current topics' had all kinds of topics in a disorganized fashion. Categorizing them into different forums was an idea we had long thought of. No better time to do it than now. But I understand what you mean. A solution for you is already in the works. Pls wait..

2) For the past 2-3 days, there seems to be no activities anywhere in "IR's New Albums" or "thiruvasagam in symphony", etc. Is it that there is really nothing happening in those threads or am I looking at the wrong page. Also, in almost all of "IR's Albums" sections, every topic has the "OldPosts". Am I looking at the right place for "IR's New Albums", etc? I did post a message aswell and I saw that appearing over there too. Please help me out.

i)Lesser activity is expected during the first 1-2 weeks. Requiring registration for posting is really a big move, and of course we have a slightly different forum structure. It may take a while to adjust.
Low activity could also be because of holiday season.
ii)I hope you've read the 'Migration FAQ'. The 'oldposts' issue is explained there. In short, we cannot map the posts in old forum (which has no registration) to the new forum (regn based), so we'll put them all under the id 'oldposts'. But no posts or post details are lost.
The topic 'IR New albums' is indeed a continuation of old thread. Don't worry :)

krish244
29th December 2004, 06:04 PM
Hi RR,

Thanks very much for the reply. I will go through the Migration FAQ once again.

Thanks again.

Krishnan