PDA

View Full Version : P || Chennaiyil Oru Mazhaikaalam | Gautam Menon | Trisha ||

Pages : [1] 2

dinesh2002
16th July 2007, 03:41 PM
Gautham, Trisha and A.R.Rahman team up
By Behindwoods News Bureau.
July 16, 2007
Gautham, undoubtedly the most happening director in Kollywood, was rumored to be busy writing Vaaranam Aayiram script. But looks like he was simultaneously writing the script for another movie and is planning to set it rolling even before Vaaranam Aayiram's shooting commences.

Gautham Menon
This movie will be a female-oriented one and it seems Gautham has signed up Trisha for the lead role. Believed to be a musical, Gautham is planning to wrap up the shooting within three months. And the biggest of big surprises is, Gautham, instead of his favourite Harris Jeyaraj, has signed A.R.Rahman. This is sure to be interesting.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/july-07-03/16-07-07-gautham-menon.html

dinesh2002
16th July 2007, 03:45 PM
Trisha signs Gautham movie!
By Moviebuzz | Monday, 16 July , 2007, 08:28
Has Gautham Menon abandoned his Surya film Vaaranam Aayiram? Last week he signed up Trisha to do a woman oriented musical, set against the IT background with four new guys in the lead!

And Gautham has pulled off yet another surprise by ditching his favourite music director Harris Jayaraj, and signing up A.R Rahman for this yet untitled film which will start rolling from August first week.

Gautham himself is producing this film, which will be a quickie and he plans to wrap it up in three months. There are rumours that a Mumbai based corporate is backing the project, which is likely to release in December.

Meanwhile Gautham and Harris have jointly taken off to the backwaters of Kerala, to compose songs for Vaaranam Aayiram!

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14492768

selvakumar
16th July 2007, 04:04 PM
Gautham with ARR :lol:
I think many will behappy to see this combo :roll: :P :lol:

dinesh2002
16th July 2007, 04:07 PM

only 2 websites have posted this news... lets see :lol: ... dun think its so reliable.... but if this works out,i will really wanna hear the outcome [songs] .... :)

Guess_Me
16th July 2007, 04:36 PM

Looks like Gautham visited itwofs.com and read about Harris copying Westlife's song into "Karu Karu" :lol:

ajaybaskar
16th July 2007, 05:03 PM
Or he may've got frustrated to the core after hearing HJ's tunes for Vaaranam Ayiram.

rayan36
16th July 2007, 05:33 PM
Ithuthan the superb news in this forum, hope it's not a rumor, don't get excited until the news is real & reel

dinesh2002
16th July 2007, 06:22 PM
Guess_Me & Ajay, becareful, ifs its afterall a rumour, the jokes willl be on us only... haha :lol:

if this news is true, im sure Gautham signed ARR after he saw the movie JOK [as we know the dir played the movie to Gautham] and must be highly impressed by the songs [chartbuster Munbe va, still in top 20 MusicIndiaOnline, number 14] and his top notch BGM..... Munbe Va instrumental, simply soul stiring & gate to heaven ..... and not because he is fed up with HJ, im sure after this project he wil be back to HJ as usual...

:)

lancelot
16th July 2007, 08:21 PM
[tscii:a3ef6b0752]I hope am not saying much before the new is confirmed.
This to me still sounds like a rumor.

I think HJ and Gautham make a good combination. That’s fact. But since this movie sounds like a musical he may have chose ARR. I doubt he has any problem with HJ. Just that, Gautham must have thought that ARR would suit this project more than HJ.

But let’s just wait and see what happens. Gautham is an amazing director. Would be nice to see him join hands with the best - ARR

hehe
:D[/tscii:a3ef6b0752]

thineshan54321
16th July 2007, 08:31 PM
[tscii:ea3d66a2c6]I hope am not saying much before the new is confirmed.
This to me still sounds like a rumor.

I think HJ and Gautham make a good combination. That’s fact. But since this movie sounds like a musical he may have chose ARR. I doubt he has any problem with HJ. Just that, Gautham must have thought that ARR would suit this project more than HJ.

But let’s just wait and see what happens. Gautham is an amazing director. Would be nice to see him join hands with the best - ARR

hehe
:D[/tscii:ea3d66a2c6]

ARR will always suit a movie better than HJ. The reason HJ is inspired by ARR. If its IR and ARR, then we can say ARR suits the project more or vice versa. But if its ARR, HJ, or YSR. Its always ARR that suits a movie more musically. The reason producers/directors approach others is because of money/time. Thats the fact.

Music4Ever
16th July 2007, 09:44 PM
This is intriguing, even more so when Goutham says he wants to wrap up the filming in three months and head for a December release. ARR is not known to compose in a haste, so my gut feeling is that this must be a rumour. Let's wait and watch.

rsubras
17th July 2007, 11:42 AM
This is intriguing, even more so when Goutham says he wants to wrap up the filming in three months and head for a December release. ARR is not known to compose in a haste, so my gut feeling is that this must be a rumour. Let's wait and watch.

why it cud be even like rahman already wud have composed some tunes for a producer which gautam is now keen on using, or in the worst case, rahman's music for a hindi movie being re-used

ajaybaskar
17th July 2007, 11:57 AM

why it cud be even like rahman already wud have composed some tunes for a producer which gautam is now keen on using, or in the worst case, rahman's music for a hindi movie being re-used

I fear for the second case bcoz in a span of 3 months, i dont think ARR would render tunes and that too for a musical. Only god knows wats going to happen...

A.ANAND
17th July 2007, 02:51 PM

Looks like Gautham visited itwofs.com and read about Harris copying Westlife's song into "Karu Karu" :lol:MR.GUEESS ME unngallukku 'kusumbu'romba jasti :lol:

A.ANAND
17th July 2007, 03:02 PM
A quick meal from Goutham
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, July 17, 2007]

Goutham Vasudeva Menon has put on hold his Varanam Aayiram. However he has planned to come up with a film before re-commencing the shooting for Varanam Aayiram.

Rumours are abuzz that Goutham Menon has signed Trisha for the project which would have newcomers in the cast along with her.

Goutham, who combined with Harris Jayaraj, to render several hit numbers, has opted for A R Rehman to compose music for the movie.

To be produced by Goutham himself, the movie would kick off this August and would be released this December.

A.ANAND
17th July 2007, 03:10 PM
கவுதம் படத்தில் ஏ.ஆர். ரஹ்மான்
By JBR
தற்போது அமெரிக்காவில் இருக்கிறார் கவுதம் வாசுதேவ மேனன். ஏ.ஆர். ரஹ்மானும் அங்குதான் இருக்கிறார். இருவரும் பாடல் கம்போஸிங்கில் பிஸியாக உள்ளதாக கோடம்பாக்க பட்சி கூறுகிறது.

Hotnews!

கமல், ரஜினி சர்ப்ரைஸ் சந்திப்பு
கவுதம் படத்தில் ஏ.ஆர். ரஹ்மான்
மீண்டும் இளையராஜா, பி.சி. ஸ்ரீராம்
அஜித் மருத்துவமனையில் அனுமதி
'சிவாஜி' சிக்கல் - தனுஷ் விளக்கம்
'தசாவதாரம்' ரகசியம் - கலை இயக்குனர் விளக்கம்
வடிவேலுவை கலாய்க்கும் அர்ஜுன்
'நான் கடவுள்' ஹீரோயின் கார்த்திகா?
"சினிமா வருமானம் எங்கே?" - கமல் கேள்வி
"அஜித்தே ஆணழகன்" - த்ரிஷா பூரிப்பு
தயாரிப்பாளராகும் எஸ்.ஜே. சூர்யா
ஸ்ருதியின் இசை ஆல்பம்
ஜெயம் ரவி நடிக்கும் 'சந்தோஷ் சுப்ரமணியன்'
more...

சூர்யாவை வைத்து கவுதம் ஆரம்பித்த 'வாரணம் ஆயிரம்' வாரணம் பத்தோடு நிற்கிறது. சூர்யா 'வேல்' படத்துக்கு போய் விட்டதால் ஏற்பட்ட இடைவெளி இது. 'வேல்' முடிந்தபிறகே வாரணத்துக்கு திரும்புவாராம் சூர்யா. அதற்கு இன்னும் ஆகிவிடும் பல மாதங்கள்.

அதுவரை சும்மா இருப்பானேன் என்று புதுப் புராஜெக்டில் இறங்கியுள்ளார் கவுதம். இவரது போட்டோன் பேக்டரி தயாரிக்கும் படத்தை இயக்குகிறார். புதுமுகங்கள் நடிக்கும் குறைந்தகால புராஜெக்டாம் இது.

'மின்னலே' தொடங்கி 'வாரணம் ஆயிரம்' வரை இவரது அனைத்துப் படங்களுக்கும் இசையமைத்தவர் ஹாரிஸ் ஜெயராஜ். இவர் அறிமுகமானதே 'மின்னலே' படத்தில்தான். இந்த கூட்டணி முதல்முறையாக இந்தப் படத்தில் பிரிகிறது. கவுதமின் புதிய படத்திற்கு ஏ.ஆர். ரஹ்மான் இசையமைக்கிறாராம்.

படத்தின் மற்றுமொரு ஹைலைட், முக்கியமான கேரக்டரில் தோன்றுகிறாராம் த்ரிஷா. வழக்கம்போல இதுவும் க்ரைம் த்ரில்லராக இருக்கும் என்கின்றன ஸ்டுடியோ வட்டாரங்கள்.

எனினும் படம் குறித்த அதிகாரப்பூர்வமான தகவல்கள் கவுதம் வந்தபிறகே தெரியும்.

lancelot
17th July 2007, 03:14 PM
In English please

hehe
:D

A.ANAND
17th July 2007, 03:20 PM
[tscii:b71df60597]AR Rehman in Gautham film
Right now, Gautham Vasudeva Menon is in the US and AR Rehman is with him. According to the little bird in Kodambakkam, they are composing music for a film.

Hotnews!

Kamal and Rajini have surprise meeting
AR Rehman in Gautham film
Ilayaraja and PC Sriram work together again
Ajith admitted to hospital
'Sivaji' problem ¡V Dhanush explains
A 'Dasavataram' secret ¡V art director explains
Arjun makes fun of Vadivelu
Karthika is 'Naan Kadavul' heroine?
Where are the cinema earnings? ¡V Kamal questions
Ajith is gorgeous ¡V Trisha all praise
SJ Suryah turns producer
Sruthi's music album
Jayam Ravi to act in 'Santosh Subramanian'
more...

Gautham is directing Surya in 'Vaaranam Ayiram' and this is now stopped, since Surya started acting in 'Vel.' He will resume work in 'Vaaranam Ayiram' after completing 'Vel.' There are some more months to go for that.

Instead of cooling his heels till then, Gautham has started work on his new project. He is directing a film produced by his Photon Factory. This is a short term project featuring newcomers.

From 'Minnale' to 'Vaaranam Ayiram,' Harris Jayaraj has composed music for all his films. He made his debut with 'Minnale.' Now this duo breaks up and AR Rehman is the composer of the new film.

A highlight of the film is, Trisha makes an appearance in the film. Studio circles say this is also a crime thriller.

Still, formal announcements have to be made by Gautham.

[/tscii:b71df60597]

dinesh2002
17th July 2007, 04:00 PM
[tscii:60ba705dc4]AR Rehman in Gautham film
Right now, Gautham Vasudeva Menon is in the US and AR Rehman is with him. According to the little bird in Kodambakkam, they are composing music for a film.

Hotnews!

Kamal and Rajini have surprise meeting
AR Rehman in Gautham film
Ilayaraja and PC Sriram work together again
Ajith admitted to hospital
'Sivaji' problem ¡V Dhanush explains
A 'Dasavataram' secret ¡V art director explains
Arjun makes fun of Vadivelu
Karthika is 'Naan Kadavul' heroine?
Where are the cinema earnings? ¡V Kamal questions
Ajith is gorgeous ¡V Trisha all praise
SJ Suryah turns producer
Sruthi's music album
Jayam Ravi to act in 'Santosh Subramanian'
more...

Gautham is directing Surya in 'Vaaranam Ayiram' and this is now stopped, since Surya started acting in 'Vel.' He will resume work in 'Vaaranam Ayiram' after completing 'Vel.' There are some more months to go for that.

Instead of cooling his heels till then, Gautham has started work on his new project. He is directing a film produced by his Photon Factory. This is a short term project featuring newcomers.

From 'Minnale' to 'Vaaranam Ayiram,' Harris Jayaraj has composed music for all his films. He made his debut with 'Minnale.' Now this duo breaks up and AR Rehman is the composer of the new film.

A highlight of the film is, Trisha makes an appearance in the film. Studio circles say this is also a crime thriller.

[/tscii:60ba705dc4]

:) lets wait........

Riyas_05
17th July 2007, 06:57 PM

[/tscii]gautham have any idea of starting a movie other than varaanam aayiram ?

If he starts a movie my choice is hj should be given the music section. :goodidea:

Music4Ever
17th July 2007, 07:04 PM
"why it cud be even like rahman already wud have composed some tunes for a producer which gautam is now keen on using, or in the worst case, rahman's music for a hindi movie being re-used"

Composing tunes is no big deal for ARR -- He once said he can compose six tunes in half an hour. He usually takes time to finish the final product. I am not sure Goutham will agree to re-use ARR's hindi songs either. I guess he probably got sick of Harris's repetitive music and wants a change. In any case, he is in for a long wait and the December release may not materialize if ARR is the composer.

rayan36
17th July 2007, 07:19 PM
"why it cud be even like rahman already wud have composed some tunes for a producer which gautam is now keen on using, or in the worst case, rahman's music for a hindi movie being re-used"

Hope not :shaking: :shaking:

rayan36
17th July 2007, 07:25 PM
I heard the news was out in a tamil daily here in M'sia, the funny part is they said it's V. Ayiram *ing Surya with Trisha :lol: :lol:

dinesh2002
17th July 2007, 08:08 PM

it better not be... if not....gosh!!!!!!!!! dunno what will happen!!!!! :?

lancelot
17th July 2007, 10:24 PM

i hope not 2... but think of it like this...imagine he uses Rang De Basanti music... WOW... roobaroo, Parthasala, Thu Bin Batha, Coonchala.... the amazing album in tamil...

i cant ask for more.....

hehe

thineshan54321
18th July 2007, 05:46 AM

i hope not 2... but think of it like this...imagine he uses Rang De Basanti music... WOW... roobaroo, Parthasala, Thu Bin Batha, Coonchala.... the amazing album in tamil...

i cant ask for more.....

hehe

if they do agree on reusing, yes RDB is a good choice. Tu bin bataye, perfect melody. But I am a fan of Rahman because every album is a new cake. I really hope he doesnt reuse tunes. Making tunes wont take long for Rahman. He knows all the ragams etc by heart and he is too creative to take time on tunes. The thing that takes time is the orchestration. So we will see whats going to happen. Hope it becomes a huge hit and shows Gautam what he has missed so far. Not saying HJ's songs for Gautam were bad, but if ARR was given the same opportunities, in my opinion it would have been mind boggling.

A.ANAND
18th July 2007, 07:39 AM
ellarum konjam porumaiya irunngappa!!!allalukku sagattu menikku comment panna eppadi???ippathane news vanthirukku,innum offcial-la entha news varatha pothu ,naamla ethukku veena mandaiyya odachikkanum.be coooooooolma!!coooool!!! :cool2:

lancelot
18th July 2007, 08:27 AM
ellarum konjam porumaiya irunngappa!!!allalukku sagattu menikku comment panna eppadi???ippathane news vanthirukku,innum offcial-la entha news varatha pothu ,naamla ethukku veena mandaiyya odachikkanum.be coooooooolma!!coooool!!! :cool2:

ya rite!!... Anand don't wast your time dude... none of us are gonna listen to the TRUE words u just said. no one is gonna be cool about this.

some1 told me that Super Star Rajani may be acting in the movie... hmmm

hehe

dinesh2002
18th July 2007, 11:33 AM

ya rite!!... Anand don't wast your time dude... none of us are gonna listen to the TRUE words u just said. no one is gonna be cool about this.

some1 told me that Super Star Rajani may be acting in the movie... hmmm

hehe

ill have to agree with Anand... Chill guys.... wut really pissed me off is even b4 the movie's pooja is held, some peeps can come here & say " ARR MIGHT reuse his tunes "... im sure Gautham is not that ignorant, im sure he wants FRESH tunes between he & ARR... y use other combo's idea in ur movie ???

stop giving ideas & discussing on it.... i remember a fool came up & said Vaaji Vaaji was Khalbali - RDB in tamil ... coz they couldnt digest ARR composed a song so fast, as u should know this is the 1st SIVAJI shooting to take off..... and it happened after 5 days after the pooja.....

im very sure using ARR's hindi tunes is not even in Gautham's slightest idea/dream.... dun give him the ideas, if he happens to visit this hub!! :lol:

rsubras
18th July 2007, 12:23 PM
some peeps can come here & say " ARR MIGHT reuse his tunes "

hey naan than sonnen dineshu..i said in the worst case :) my guess was that rahman cud have already scored some tunes for some producer which was not used so far

i remember a fool came up & said Vaaji Vaaji was Khalbali - RDB in tamil ... coz they couldnt digest ARR composed a song so fast

ithu namma itwofs karthik sonnaru.... that he accepted as a random guess and not an opinion :D

littlemaster1982
18th July 2007, 01:04 PM
Dinesh,

You too could have waited for official announcement before opening this thread. Otherwise, these kind of speculations are bound to happen.

P.S: No offence mate. Just an opinion :D

lancelot
18th July 2007, 01:54 PM
let it go on.... all the rumors make up the fun.... lets keep talking about it.... hehe

some1 told me that S.J. Surya is the hero... lol

hehe

A.ANAND
18th July 2007, 03:00 PM
gautham and arr combo 95% unmayathan irukkum- innu innamum naan nambaren :) beacause this news lick from on of the best 'anti arr'webside sify.com :lol: ella media -layum news varumbothu nambithan aganum..same thing happen when shanker
join with harris jayaraj 4 anniyan!!!remember that sify.com is fist annaunce tthat news :)

A.ANAND
18th July 2007, 03:03 PM
let it go on.... all the rumors make up the fun.... lets keep talking about it.... hehe

some1 told me that S.J. Surya is the hero... lol

hehe
:Dayya lancelot,vittudunnga sami , thangga mudiyala unnga imsai :lol: :lol:

Yathu
18th July 2007, 03:39 PM
:clap: Yay, Gautam and ARR! :clap:

More Tamil ARR albums to look forward too!

:musicsmile: Sakkarakatti :musicsmile:
:musicsmile: ATM :musicsmile:
:musicsmile: Praveen Kanth Movie :musicsmile:

Have I missed any other obvious ones?

rsubras
18th July 2007, 04:52 PM
ARR please say no to Praveen kanth.... In case if he is pestering u a lot, then give him some of ur least popular hindi songs and ask him to run away :D

dinesh2002
18th July 2007, 05:23 PM
lil master, the news excited me, and yea, it drag me into opening a thread to inform everyone about the news & discuss on it IF it happens, [similarly i did for Dasavatharam, and when its not by ARR, the Mods edited the tittle & moved it to CURRENT TOPICS].. the point is, if this combo happens, there is more to discuss than " arr is gonna reuse his tunes " .... y degrade ARR so much.. this really pist me off.... :roll: i cant do much if u don feel the same.... coz im really sick & tired of people saying this for ARR ..... :evil:

subras, yes true, ARR has done that b4, giving his COMPOSED songs to them... but i think it will be a whole lot diff with Gautham, one of the leading & popular dir in TFM..

lets stop it here & wait..... if this project is to happen... its gonna be a treat for all of us, knowing its mentioned its a MUSICAL bonanza, and wut more, with Gautham handling our maestro's songs.... 8-)

dinesh2002
18th July 2007, 05:28 PM
ARR please say no to Praveen kanth.... In case if he is pestering u a lot, then give him some of ur least popular hindi songs and ask him to run away :D

hahahah.... :lol: :lol:

i love the projects ARR is getting these days, Ghajini in Hindi, Sakarakatti, ATM, Sivaji [which was a musical-picturisation-Blockbuster] and many more :D

but this ??? :oops:

Sanjeevi
18th July 2007, 05:47 PM
hahaha Sakarakatti and next prvinkanth's movie :poke:

littlemaster1982
18th July 2007, 05:50 PM
lil master, the news excited me, and yea, it drag me into opening a thread to inform everyone about the news & discuss on it IF it happens, [similarly i did for Dasavatharam, and when its not by ARR, the Mods edited the tittle & moved it to CURRENT TOPICS].. the point is, if this combo happens, there is more to discuss than " arr is gonna reuse his tunes " .... y degrade ARR so much.. this really pist me off.... :roll: i cant do much if u don feel the same.... coz im really sick & tired of people saying this for ARR ..... :evil:

Relax Dinesh. Let's hope for the best :thumbsup:

baba88
18th July 2007, 08:03 PM
I don't know if it's official but S.J.Suryah is planning to direct a new movie. Maybe ARR is the MD for this movie.

thineshan54321
19th July 2007, 04:41 AM

subras, yes true, ARR has done that b4, giving his COMPOSED songs to them... but i think it will be a whole lot diff with Gautham, one of the leading & popular dir in TFM..

lets stop it here & wait..... if this project is to happen... its gonna be a treat for all of us, knowing its mentioned its a MUSICAL bonanza, and wut more, with Gautham handling our maestro's songs.... 8-)

you know what dinesh. I dont think its a problem if ARR reuses his tunes for GM. Can you guess why? :lol: HJ reused some other persons tunes, why not ARR reuse his own tune? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am only kidding, I really hope ARR doesnt reuse, but even if he does GM wont complain. :lol:

A.ANAND
19th July 2007, 08:10 AM
ayyyooo!!!rahman sir,pravin kanth movie pannathinnga sir please!!! :ashamed: steady-ya ippa pora root-a, anthalu kayuthuru vayya :rotfl: athukku s.j.suryah-ve thavalam,he is good technision but not goog actor.

dinesh2002
19th July 2007, 04:12 PM
[tscii:dd7c538ef7]enna la nadakathu!!!!!!!!!

Sarath, Gautham to team up again
IndiaGlitz [Thursday, July 19, 2007]

Following the decent run of Pachaikili Muthucharam, Sarath Kumar and Gautam Vasudeva Menon are again coming together for a film.

The untitled movie would go to floors once Gautam completes Varanam Aayiram.

Meanwhile Sarath, who is busy with floating a new political party said,” The outfit would work for the uplift of the downtrodden without any caste-based discrimination. Stating that his aim was to fulfill the aspirations of the general public”, Sarath added that a survey was being taken to know the aspirations of the people.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/32440.html[/tscii:dd7c538ef7]

ajaybaskar
19th July 2007, 04:14 PM
[tscii:1dcb6eae6a]enna la nadakathu!!!!!!!!!

Following the decent run of Pachaikili Muthucharam, Sarath Kumar and Gautam Vasudeva Menon are again coming together for a film.

Meanwhile Sarath, who is busy with floating a new political party said,” The outfit would work for the uplift of the downtrodden without any caste-based discrimination. Stating that his aim was to fulfill the aspirations of the general public”, Sarath added that a survey was being taken to know the aspirations of the people.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/32440.html[/tscii:1dcb6eae6a]

Dont worry, Dinesh.. Its a mid-2008 project as Sarath pointed out in a recent interview with SS music..

dinesh2002
19th July 2007, 04:25 PM
[tscii:b7b56b99be]enna la nadakathu!!!!!!!!!

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/32440.html[/tscii:b7b56b99be]

Dont worry, Dinesh.. Its a mid-2008 project as Sarath pointed out in a recent interview with SS music..

ohh....y is gautham taking soo many movies....:?

Yathu
19th July 2007, 04:26 PM
so when is the ARR-Gautham thing meant to happen? :?

dinesh2002
19th July 2007, 04:26 PM
Gautham Menon switching on to AR Rahman's music

View PDF | Print View
by: Admin
total views: 37
Word Count: 289

[ July 18, 2007 ]

The swaggering director of Kollywood, Gautham Menon has put on hold his Vaaranam Aayiram. However, he has planned to come up with a film before re-commencing the shoot for Vaaranam Aayiram.

Gautham, who combined with Harris Jeyaraj to render several hit numbers earlier, had a quick fall out with the melodious composer and has opted for A R Rahman to compose music for his next untitled flick to be produced by Photon Factory. This is a short term project featuring newcomers along with Trisha in the squeaky surprise role.

From 'Minnale' to 'Vaaranam Aayiram', Harris Jeyaraj has composed lilting tracks for all Gautham's formula. He dished out his debut with super hit 'Minnale'. Now, the electrifying duo shatters up and AR Rahman is the new target in Goutham's heist crime thriller.

Its been stale listening to the same combo Gautham-Harris for the past 7 years. For a change, Gautham has roped in Rahman this time to offer some rocking numbers. Its a known factor, Rahman always composes the best for reputed directors. Like Shankar and Manirathnam, Gautham too knows to grab the best from a music composer. And that too from a genius, Gautham is sure to pull out the best of best.

The movie would kick off this August and would be released by December 2007.

http://www.cinefundas.com/news/gautham-menon-switching-on-to-ar-rahmans-music.html

Yathu
19th July 2007, 04:30 PM
Gautham Menon switching on to AR Rahman's music

View PDF | Print View
by: Admin
total views: 37
Word Count: 289

[ July 18, 2007 ]

The swaggering director of Kollywood, Gautham Menon has put on hold his Vaaranam Aayiram. However, he has planned to come up with a film before re-commencing the shoot for Vaaranam Aayiram.

Gautham, who combined with Harris Jeyaraj to render several hit numbers earlier, had a quick fall out with the melodious composer and has opted for A R Rahman to compose music for his next untitled flick to be produced by Photon Factory. This is a short term project featuring newcomers along with Trisha in the squeaky surprise role.

From 'Minnale' to 'Vaaranam Aayiram', Harris Jeyaraj has composed lilting tracks for all Gautham's formula. He dished out his debut with super hit 'Minnale'. Now, the electrifying duo shatters up and AR Rahman is the new target in Goutham's heist crime thriller.

Its been stale listening to the same combo Gautham-Harris for the past 7 years. For a change, Gautham has roped in Rahman this time to offer some rocking numbers. Its a known factor, Rahman always composes the best for reputed directors. Like Shankar and Manirathnam, Gautham too knows to grab the best from a music composer. And that too from a genius, Gautham is sure to pull out the best of best.

The movie would kick off this August and would be released by December 2007.

http://www.cinefundas.com/news/gautham-menon-switching-on-to-ar-rahmans-music.html

Can ARR come up with songs that quickly? I mean hasn't he got lots of other projects hes working on too? I wonder how this is gonna work...

dinesh2002
19th July 2007, 04:34 PM
u know, normally when they say they r going to release a movie at this month or date, it HARDly happens.... :)

A.ANAND
19th July 2007, 04:44 PM
ENNAKU ENNAMO 'VAARANAM AYIRAM 'MOVIE DROP THAN INNU THONUTHU!!!

A.ANAND
19th July 2007, 04:51 PM
woow!!!dinesh yaarula antha sarakku :roll: supera kithu, H/PHONE NOMBER IRUTHA THAYE :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vaz
19th July 2007, 04:53 PM
[tscii:578faa06a3]It is a bit strange that almost all Gautham's movies had problems... financial, script, etc....

Financial problems with KK, VV and PKMC, script problems with 'Chennaiyil Oru Mazhaikalam', Vaaranam Aayiram....
Even though they did the muhurat in a discothèque a while ago!

So I prefer not to expect anything until:
1. The movie is started
2. Shooting finished
3. and no problems with the financiers blocking the release

Way to go.....[/tscii:578faa06a3]

ajaybaskar
19th July 2007, 05:14 PM
Vaz, then there shud be some problem in Gautham's end. I've been noticing these right from the Minnalae days. Hope he comes out of that and gives a cracker of an album with ARR.

ajaybaskar
19th July 2007, 06:04 PM
woow!!!dinesh yaarula antha sarakku :roll: supera kithu, H/PHONE NOMBER IRUTHA THAYE :lol: :lol: :lol:

ஆனந்த், உங்க ஆர்வம் எனக்கு புரியுது. ஆனால் அது ஒரு நடிகை. பேரு நிலா. நம்ம தலைவரோட அ..ஆ.. படத்துல நடிச்ச ஒரு அட்டு ஃபிகர்... :lol:

A.ANAND
19th July 2007, 08:01 PM

ஆனந்த், உங்க ஆர்வம் எனக்கு புரியுது. ஆனால் அது ஒரு நடிகை. பேரு நிலா. நம்ம தலைவரோட அ..ஆ.. படத்துல நடிச்ச ஒரு அட்டு ஃபிகர்... :lol:
Ada chey!!!nila thana athu :( naan kuda etho engga ooru kuala lumpur sarakku innu nenachen!!![athu thambi dinesh-oda sarakku :lol: ] namakku enn nila,athan s.j.suryah elathaiyum pattutare :lol: athay vidunnga. ajay, tami'lla ippadi ivvalo azhaga type panni irukinnga???pakkave romba supera irukku sare.athukkagave unngalukku oru 'o'padalam nanba!! :clap: :clap:

A.ANAND
19th July 2007, 08:09 PM
ajay,tamil eppadi type panninnga,konjam sollitharak kudatha???

ajaybaskar
20th July 2007, 10:05 AM
ஆனந்த்,

'சித்திரமும் கைப்பழக்கம்
செந்தமிழும் நாப்பழக்கம்'

அப்படின்னு ஒரு பழமொழி இருக்கு. தெரியுமா?

Everything comes by practice. I am pretty sure that if u practice, u can type better than me. :thumbsup:

Use the tamil typepad which is near to the 'View emoticons' link to type in Tamil. Its very easy.. :D

Sanjeevi
20th July 2007, 11:08 AM
'View emoticons' link enga irukku ketka pooraru, theliva sollunga avarukku :lol:

ajaybaskar
20th July 2007, 11:18 AM
Its just above the box where u type ur posts...

lancelot
20th July 2007, 11:42 AM
someone just told me that Danush is gonna be the actor... with Rajani making a guest appearance.. lol

is it true??

hehe

ajaybaskar
20th July 2007, 01:06 PM
கிளம்பிட்டாங்கய்யா....கிளம்பிட்டாங்கய்யா....

lancelot
20th July 2007, 01:59 PM
கிளம்பிட்டாங்கய்யா....கிளம்பிட்டாங்கய்யா....

wat?!?!?!?!?!?!

hehe

A.ANAND
20th July 2007, 02:59 PM
ajay unngal vilakathukku nanri ayya!!!nanri :D

A.ANAND
22nd July 2007, 09:57 AM
i read interview danush in dinakaran.com,he is hero in gautham next movie in gautham home production.

Movies
22nd July 2007, 10:21 AM
If what anand is saying is true and this Danush movie is the movie ARR is scoring for music, I know what could have caused Gautam Menon to choose ARR instead of HJ.

if I am guessing right, it must be due to none other than Mr. Rajnikanth! Slight pressure from Rajni asking Gautham to use ARR for his son in laws movie ;)
Need I explain more?

dinesh2002
22nd July 2007, 10:40 AM
If what anand is saying is true and this Danush movie is the movie ARR is scoring for music, I know what could have caused Gautam Menon to choose ARR instead of HJ.

if I am guessing right, it must be due to none other than Mr. Rajnikanth! Slight pressure from Rajni asking Gautham to use ARR for his son in laws movie ;)
Need I explain more?

:lol: Rajini isnt that free to promote ARR around, dude... besides, ARR doesnt need this kinda recomendation to BE in a project, where was this attitude in Rajini for Thiruvilayadal Arambam & Parathai movie..... :lol2: im sure Gautham was indeed impress with ARR's work in SOK, Gautham's assistant's film....

wut a wild theory!!! :lol: :lol: thanks for the gigs!!

Movies
22nd July 2007, 11:07 AM
Dinesh,
Relax man... u need to calm down.
Who said anything about recognition for ARR, or anything of that kind!
And YES I was taking a WILD guess! I was assuming Danush was in this movie and probably he wanted ARR in it too!

** I know why Gautam works with HJ ( insider info through a HJ relative), its not cause of their track record, its a personal reason. So for Gautam to leave HJ is kind of unbeleivable for me.**

Dinesh U need to loosen up a bit and not take everythign as stated!

dinesh2002
22nd July 2007, 02:10 PM
Dinesh,
Relax man... u need to calm down.
Who said anything about recognition for ARR, or anything of that kind!
And YES I was taking a WILD guess! I was assuming Danush was in this movie and probably he wanted ARR in it too!

** I know why Gautam works with HJ ( insider info through a HJ relative), its not cause of their track record, its a personal reason. So for Gautam to leave HJ is kind of unbeleivable for me.**

Dinesh U need to loosen up a bit and not take everythign as stated!

dude... nothing tensed about me... just wanted to voice out my opinion on it.... nothing else ... :D ... dun worry

the bolded 1, care to share???

Movies
22nd July 2007, 08:02 PM
Sorry dude, I really cant, and shudnt.

A.ANAND
22nd July 2007, 09:48 PM
what i'am read in dinakaran is 100% true but,rahman oda gautham movie pannuvathu conferm anaa,gautham enna reasion sollararu innu pappom.ennaku ennamo ithu selvaragavan idea innu thonuthu beacause.selvaragavan and gautham menon is good friendsand selva's fav.music derectoris namma rahman .selvaragavan hindi-la rahman oda padam pannum pothu,why gautham rahman kuda padam pannakudathu???ippdiyum irukkalam illaya????hahhaha...romba kolimbithinngalo...hahahha...

Dragun
22nd July 2007, 11:58 PM
Why does it have to be SOK that impressed Gautham? I'm sure he has heard ARR's numerous other soundtracks.

Is it true that Gautam wanted ARR for Minnale initially but for some reason could not get him?

baba88
23rd July 2007, 02:16 AM
I think Gautham selected ARR for the same reason as Shankar did for Anniyan. I think Gautham doesn't want to push HJ and keep him under pressure. As I read this is a movie done within 3 months. As I know ARR doesn't too many important works like BGM etc. so he has time.

ARR for a musical movie. I hope it will be like Thaalam

thineshan54321
23rd July 2007, 06:03 AM
I think Gautham selected ARR for the same reason as Shankar did for Anniyan. I think Gautham doesn't want to push HJ and keep him under pressure. As I read this is a movie done within 3 months. As I know ARR doesn't too many important works like BGM etc. so he has time.

ARR for a musical movie. I hope it will be like Thaalam

I know what GM will say: As HJ is busy composing tunes for VA, I didn't want to bother HJ and so I opted for AR Rahman.

I really hope he doesnt say this to make HJ feel better! Movies please share that reason. If its for a personal reason why did GM choose ARR now?

A.ANAND
23rd July 2007, 07:27 AM
3 months kulla songs ellam complete panni namma boss kuduppara innu santhegam than..avarum busy.eppadiyum 1 varusathukku illuthuruvaru naamma alu.

dinesh2002
23rd July 2007, 04:02 PM
Why does it have to be SOK that impressed Gautham? I'm sure he has heard ARR's numerous other soundtracks.

Is it true that Gautam wanted ARR for Minnale initially but for some reason could not get him?

Bro, if im not mistaken, there was this chat of Gautham [either in Sify or Galatta], which was held b4 SOK movie's release, there was this Q asked, Will u be working with ARR , he directly answer = No, and he is not planning to, mabby later on only] .... and as we all know, he was honoured to watch the premier privately by Krishna, and he said he didint like the movie [ in the same chat transcript, i think] ...but he never mentioned anything bout the audio....

with a WILD guess, i think it was the SOK's project invoked him to sign ARR for his next film,under his own production...

u ask why, all i can think is becoz, nearly almost the crew in SOK had his own crew, so therefore, it might gave him a overall feel how his own movie would feel with ARR's BGM score & ofcource the songs .... ;) if he was to be impressed from other audios of ARR, he should have planned on taking ARR loooooong time back.... probably atleast for Pacchaikili Muthucharam... :)

i heard that too, that Gautham wanted ARR for minnale, but ARR was too busy with BD and thus recomended Harris to him... not sure how far its true... :? mabby 'Movies' can clear this up as he knows personal stuffs about Hj-Gautham...

thineshan54321
23rd July 2007, 05:58 PM

Bro, if im not mistaken, there was this chat of Gautham [either in Sify or Galatta], which was held b4 SOK movie's release, there was this Q asked, Will u be working with ARR , he directly answer = No, and he is not planning to, mabby later on only] .... and as we all know, he was honoured to watch the premier privately by Krishna, and he said he didint like the movie [ in the same chat transcript, i think] ...but he never mentioned anything bout the audio....

with a WILD guess, i think it was the SOK's project invoked him to sign ARR for his next film,under his own production...

u ask why, all i can think is becoz, nearly almost the crew in SOK had his own crew, so therefore, it might gave him a overall feel how his own movie would feel with ARR's BGM score & ofcource the songs .... ;) if he was to be impressed from other audios of ARR, he should have planned on taking ARR loooooong time back.... probably atleast for Pacchaikili Muthucharam... :)

i heard that too, that Gautham wanted ARR for minnale, but ARR was too busy with BD and thus recomended Harris to him... not sure how far its true... :? mabby 'Movies' can clear this up as he knows personal stuffs about Hj-Gautham...

yes dinesh, i too heard that GM approached ARR for minnale and as he was too busy he recommended HJ (who was his assistant) to GM.

A.ANAND
23rd July 2007, 06:43 PM
cinemavum arasiyalum onnu innu sollivannga!!!ethuvum nadakalam!!!

Movies
24th July 2007, 04:23 AM
Thinesan,

That is what puzzles me. I really am sorry I cant clarify any further, but yeah i will find out why gautham had to le;ave HJ for his upcoming film through the same source.

Reg ARR recommending HJ to Gautham, I have never heard of this before. If I recollect well, in a Tamil weekly interview by vairamuthu; ( when ARR and vairamuthu had some sort of disagreement post Kandukondain Kandukondain); Vairamuthu was promoting HJ as the next ARR, vairamithu said he recommended HJ to majnu crew.

A.ANAND
24th July 2007, 09:53 AM
director gautham menon and 's.o.k' krishna is, on of the studio guest in progrem saregama oola..la rahman show!!!if anyone note this???

Ramakrishna
24th July 2007, 01:10 PM
director gautham menon and 's.o.k' krishna is, on of the studio guest in progrem saregama oola..la rahman show!!!if anyone note this???

nesamaava? epdi theriyum? :?

A.ANAND
24th July 2007, 04:09 PM

nesamaava? epdi theriyum? :?antha program show meendum parunnga rama sir!!!if u can read in tamil,u can see suresh krishna,vasan,vikaraman,gautham menon and krishna name in starting show.

A.ANAND
24th July 2007, 04:28 PM
upcoming show-la avarum[gautham menon] guest-ta varuvaru pola,illanna ethukku avaroda name antha program-la varanum???wait pannuvom

prasana84
26th July 2007, 12:48 AM
Nammavae mudila im not bothered whether it is true or not but if its true sure we can get another sok

A.ANAND
26th July 2007, 03:07 PM
Nammavae mudila im not bothered whether it is true or not but if its true sure we can get another sokyenba sonna nambave mattarinnga!! :(

prasana84
26th July 2007, 08:56 PM
Nammavae mudila im not bothered whether it is true or not but if its true sure we can get another sokyenba sonna nambave mattarinnga!! :(
it is nt confirmed rite. n a.r.rahman is busy with atm,sakarakatti, etc hw its possible? tats y i said nambavae mudila bt i dono it can be true

dinesh2002
27th July 2007, 01:15 PM
Dhanush in Gautham's home production

Dhanush is busy shooting for 'Polladhavan' and 'Yaaradi Nee Mohini.' After completing these films, he is going to America with wife Ishwarya, son Yatra and ma-in-law Latha Rajinikanth for a month's holiday. After he returns, he has assignments on hand that will take him a couple of years to complete.

"I'm nowhere without my brother. Even if he asks me to do just a scene or a song, I would gladly oblige," says Dhanush proudly as he is all set to act in brother Selvaraghavan's 'Aayirathil Oruvan.'

After returning from US, Dhanush will do a film for Krishnakant's Indian Theatres and one film for Vijaya Productions. Two other mega productions are also on hand.

One film will be directed by Selvaraghavan. This will be the 4th film the brothers will be collaborating in after 'Thulluvadho Illamai, 'Kaadhal Kondein' and Pudupettai.'
Danush, Aiswaryadanush

Dhanush made a special screening of 'Thiruvilayaadal Aarambham' for director Gautham Vasudeva Menon. There was a tentative plan for Dhanush to act in Gautham's film and that has been confirmed now.

The film is being produced by Gautham's Photon Factory. The other actors and technicians will be finalized later.
http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/27072007-1.shtml

Vaz
27th July 2007, 03:38 PM
Someone should advice him to focus on one film at a time!!!

Even while focusing on one film he has never been able to release it without any hassles (whoever's fault it may be).

So now, Vaaranam Aayiram... Untitled quicky with ARR and this film with Danush! The only film of his that I liked was VV... had some expectations for VA but it doesn't seem to take-off...

If this project with ARR happens, hope it does not turn out like an Engineer(Arvind and Madhuri Dixit), a Ram (was supposed to be an Arjun starrer), a Robot (for which boss as already recorded a song wit guitar prassanna)....

ajaybaskar
27th July 2007, 03:42 PM
Vaz, Even for "Yelelo', thalaivar had composed couple of songs. I remember the song sung by Karthik. He had mentioned in an interview that it was his best till date but was not released.

Vaz
27th July 2007, 05:06 PM
Ajaybaskar,

Thought that Karthik was referring to the song from Udaya... A friend of mine whose a good friend of Karthik was told by him that it was a song in Udaya. At that time he only had sung a couple of songs I think...

Anyway coming back to the unreleased tracks.... why doesn't ARR release each one of them in a separate "album"? Don't know if he has "reused" those unheard tracks in other movies... but if not it would be great!

Sometime back Vijay Iyer from arrahmanfans group who is in touch with ARR said that there were plans to float a music company just to release such tracks, BGMs, etc. Don't know what happened to that.

A.ANAND
28th July 2007, 02:54 PM
urupadiya oru padam olunnga panna matta pola intha allu!??
inga oru kaalu,annga oru kaalu :banghead:

A.ANAND
30th July 2007, 08:33 AM
yesterday i read malaysian local news paper 'malaysia nanban'sunday edition in cinema titbits section,'ORU ISAIAMAIPALARIN KOBAM'this bits about,harris jayaraj very upset with gautham menon because gautham signup with a.r.rahman as md 4 his home production with new faces!!!

k_vanan
30th July 2007, 11:45 AM
The news is confirmed
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14501429

A.ANAND
30th July 2007, 01:02 PM
[tscii:a5ad3967e5]Trisha and the boys!

By Moviebuzz | Monday, 30 July , 2007, 10:19

Trisha, the queen bee of Tamil cinema did a photo shoot for her new film, with ace director Gautham Vasudeva Menon. It’s Trisha’s first major solo heroine role, where she is paired with four new boys.
The four new guys are Gautham’s assistant Veera, Shaam (SS music veejay?) Sathish (a dancer who did that small role in Unnale Unnale), and Karthik (Actress Sridevi’s nephew and brother of actress Maheswari).

Last week the photo shoot of this untitled film (among the names tossed around was Chennayil oru Mazhaikalam! ) took place at Tidel park ( where Sify office is situated) in Chennai.

The film is said to be a musical entertainer and the story is set against the IT background. For the first time, Gautham is teaming up with A.R Rahman as the music director. The film is obviously meant for the multiplex audiences and city slickers.

Trisha was so impressed with Gautham’s narration that she gave him priority tatkal dates, and is gung-ho about the project. Trisha will also be doing Ravi Teja’s Telugu comedy alternatively with Gautham’s film from August 2.

From September she will be shooting for Dharani directed Vijay film for producer Udayanidhi Stalin. Meanwhile the four new boys are awestruck by Trisha’s commitment to her work, and how she went out of her way to make them comfortable for the photo shoot.

[/tscii:a5ad3967e5]

A.ANAND
30th July 2007, 01:08 PM
Hallo sify.com, what happen with your 'chella pillai'harris jayaraj????? :poke: :poke: :poke:

dinesh2002
30th July 2007, 04:16 PM
Hallo sify.com, what happen with your 'chella pillai'harris jayaraj????? :poke: :poke: :poke:

:lol:

dinesh2002
30th July 2007, 04:27 PM
[tscii:7f085fcc7a]Queen Trisha!

July 30, 2007

Trisha is all set for her new film with director Gautham Menon, her first major solo lead and with four boys for company. The four new guys are Gautham’s assistant Veera, Shaam (SS music veejay) Sathish (a dancer who did a small role in Unnale Unnale), and Karthik (Actress Sridevi’s nephew and brother of actress Maheswari).

The photo shoot for this film took place recently in Chennai. The film is rumoured to be a musical set against the IT industry. Gautham is planning to wrap this movie in three months.

For the first time, Gautham teams up with A.R. Rahman as music director. The film is made with multiplex audiences as the target.

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/livewire/id/9938/news/trisha.html[/tscii:7f085fcc7a]

A.ANAND
30th July 2007, 07:10 PM
திரிஷாவும், நான்கு இளைஞர்களும்!

கெளதம் வாசுதேவன் மேனனின் (நம்ம கெளதமேதான்) புதிய படத்தில் விஜயசாந்தி டைப்பில், சோலோ ஹீரோயினாக நடிக்கவுள்ளார் திரிஷா.

தென்னிந்திய ஸ்வீட் ஸ்டார் திரிஷாவின் கால்ஷீட் டைரியில் இடமே இல்லை. அந்த அளவுக்கு தமிழிலும், தெலுங்கிலும் மாறி மாறி நடித்து வருகிறார். சூப்பர் ஸ்டார் கூப்பிட்டால் கொடுப்பதற்காக கொஞ்சம் போல இடத்தை ஒதுக்கி வைத்துள்ளாராம்.

இந்த நிலையில் கெளதம் மேனனின் புதிய படத்தில் நடிக்கவுள்ளார் திரிஷா. படத்துக்குப் பெயர் சென்னையில் ஒரு மழைக்காலம். இந்தப் பெயரை எங்கேயோ கேட்டது போல இருக்கிறதா. சூர்யா, ஆசினை வைத்து இதே கெளதம் மேனன் இயக்குவதாக அறிவிக்கப்பட்ட படம்தான் இது. ஆனால் சில பல காரணங்களுக்காக படம் டிராப் ஆகி விட்டது.

இப்போது அதே பெயரில் திரிஷாவை வைத்து இயக்கவுள்ளார் கெளதம். இப்படத்தில் திரிஷாதான் நாயகி. நான்கு ஹீரோக்கள். ஆனால் யாருமே ஏற்கனவே பழக்கமான ஆட்கள் கிடையாது. அத்தனை பேரும் புதுமுகங்கள். எனவே திரிஷாவின் ஹீரோயிசம்தான் படத்துக்குப் பக்க பலமாக இருக்கப் போகிறதாம்.

சமீபத்தில் தரமணியில் உள்ள டைடல் பூங்காவில் திரிஷா சம்பந்தப்பட்ட போட்டோ செஷனை முடித்துள்ளார் கெளதம்.

கெளதமின் உதவியாளரான வீரா, எஸ்.எஸ். மியூசிக் வீஜே ஷாம், டான்ஸர் சதீஷ் (உன்னாலே உன்னாலே ஹீரோ வினய்யின் தோஸ்த் இவர்) மற்றும் ஸ்ரீதேவியின் உறவினரான கார்த்திக் ஆகியோர்தான் ஹீரோக்களாக நடிக்கவுள்ளனர்.

இந்தப் படத்தின் மூலம் முதல் முறையாக ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மானுடன் கை கோர்க்கிறார் கெளதம். அவரது முதல் படமான மின்னலே முதல் கடைசிப் படமான பச்சைக்கிளி முத்துச்சரம் வரை ஹாரிஸ் ஜெயராஜ்தான் இசையமைத்து வந்தார் என்பது நினைவிருக்கலாம்.

பாதியில் தொங்கிக் கொண்டுள்ள வாரணம் ஆயிரம் படத்திற்கும் கூட ஹாரிஸ்தான் இசை. ஆனால் திடீரென புதிய படத்திற்கு ரஹ்மானைப் போட்டுள்ளார் கெளதம். இதனால் ஹாரிஸ் கொஞ்சம் போல கோபமாக இருப்பதாக கூறப்படுகிறது.

இந்தப் படம் இசை குறித்த சப்ஜெக்ட்டாம். உடனே தில்லானா மோகனாம்பாள் லெலவுக்கு படம் குறித்து கற்பனை செய்து கொள்ள வேண்டாம். இந்த இசை, இந்தக் கால இளசுகள் சம்பந்தப்பட்டது. அத்தோடு ஐ.டி. தொழிலையும் கதையுடன் பின்னிப் பிணைத்துள்ளாராம் கெளதம்.

இப்படத்தை, ஐ.டி. பார்ட்டிகளையும், மல்ட்டிபிளக்ஸ் கூட்டத்தினரையும் மனதில் வைத்தே எடுக்கப் போவதாக ஓப்பனாக கூறுகிறார் கெளதம்.(அப்ப, சுப்பம்மா, முனியம்மாக்கள் எல்லாம் எம்.ஜி.ஆர். படம் பார்க்க போகலாம்)

படம் குறித்து திரிஷா கூறுகையில், தனி ஹீரோயினாக நடிப்பது சநதோஷமாக இருக்கிறது. அதிலும் கெளதம் மேனன் இயக்கத்தில் நடிப்பது என்றால் இப்போதே எதிர்பார்ப்பு எகிறியுள்ளது. கதையை கெளம் சொன்ன விதம் புதுசாக, இளமையாக இருந்தது. கேட்டபோதே படத்தைப் பற்றிக் கற்பனை செய்ய ஆரம்பித்து விட்டேன். நிச்சயம் இப்படம் சினிமாவில் புதிய டிரண்டை உருவாக்கும் என்றார்.

சென்னையில் நிஜமான மழைக்காலமான அக்டோபர் மாதம் படப்பிடிப்பை ஆரம்பித்து அப்படியே வளர்க்கப் போகிறார்களாம்.

coucou
30th July 2007, 09:00 PM
An combo what I expexted :D GM had good taste as far as concerned music and movie's storie seems new and this film is musical. Another boys album is coming soon!!! :roll:

I was a bit disapointed with a choose of trisha, she can't act. :(
I hope GM will stay with ARR after this project!! :P

HJ pavam!! :( :? Murugadas quit him for gajri, and now gautham menon!!

now I expect ARR&selvakumar in TAMIL!!! 8-)

prasana84
30th July 2007, 11:45 PM
wooow nice 2 read all this news

thineshan54321
31st July 2007, 06:21 AM
i know that all of you are excited that HJ is being dumped, but keep it cool. otherwise whats the difference between us and HJ fans when he was chosen for anniyan. lets keep all the joys inside, its worth keeping it in and lets hope that the album turns out to be a big blockbuster.

sibicalls
31st July 2007, 10:04 AM
Great news that one of best new director has come to Rahman for music. One interesting trend which I wud like to share. When ARR came, as far as i know all the big shot directors of his age worked with him and even directors from previous generation(barathiraja, Balachander) worked and continued to work with him. they had no reason to go back to anybody else unless and until they were not accomodated by ARR. There are instances when they had to go to some other and return back to rahman in the very next movie(recent eg being Sivaji the BOss). Clearly HJ is not doing whole lot of work tat he cant accomodate this new movie. But ARR being chosen for music inspite of him being tied up with whole lot of projects shows the kind of appeal he still has among directors. Another cat is on the wall right now..Join the club Selva..U wont regret..:)

A.ANAND
31st July 2007, 01:16 PM
54th Filmfare Awards-Tamil

By Moviebuzz | Tuesday, 31 July , 2007, 12:01

The 54 th Filmfare Awards for Tamil films were announced through the popular FM station Radio Mirchi. Filmfare awards are considered to be the most prestigious after the National awards, and there is an aura about it. This time the award ceremony is taking place in Hyderabad on August 4, Saturday. All leading artists from Tamil are expected for this grand function.
FILMFARE Award List

Best Actor (Male)- Ajit Kumar, Film- Vararalu
Best Actor (Female)- Bhavana, Film- Chitiram Pesuthadi
Best Supporting Actor (Male)- Pasupathy, Film- E
Best Supporting Actor (Female)- Saranya , Film- En Mahan
Best Music Director ?A.R Rahman, Film- Sillunnu Oru Kathal
Best Playback Singer (Male)- 'Gana' Ulaganathan, Song-Vazha meenukkum?/I>
Vazhameenum?, Film- Chitiram Pesuthadi
Best Playback Singer (Female)- Shreya Ghosal, Song-Munbe Vaa?/I>, Film- Sillu Ena Kathal
Best Lyric Writer ?Na. Muthukumar, Song- Veyiloodu Vilayadi?, Film- Veyil
Best Director- Vasanthabalan , Film- Veyil
Best Film- Veyil

A.ANAND
31st July 2007, 01:18 PM
HJ pavam!! Murugadas quit him for gajri, and now gautham menon!!

now I expect ARR&selvakumar in TAMIL!!! -coucou
jeeva-vum poi senthutaru!!!

Vaz
31st July 2007, 01:24 PM
If I remember correctly, ARR mentionned in an interview sometime ago that there were plans to work with selvaraghavan on a Hindi film...

As pointed out previously, let us not do as Harris fans did when Shankar chose him for Anniyan. We are better than that....

Again wait for the film to be completed and ready for release without any financial hassles before unleashing your expectations... Because with Gowtham you never know!

coucou
31st July 2007, 01:26 PM
54th Filmfare Awards-Tamil

Best Music Director ?A.R Rahman, Film- Sillunnu Oru Kathal

Best Playback Singer (Female)- Shreya Ghosal, Song-Munbe Vaa

:thumbsup:
WOUAH Munbe Vaa is so famous!! :shock: :shock:
what are the songs nominated??

rayan36
31st July 2007, 03:38 PM
yesterday i read malaysian local news paper 'malaysia nanban'sunday edition in cinema titbits section,'ORU ISAIAMAIPALARIN KOBAM'this bits about,harris jayaraj very upset with gautham menon because gautham signup with a.r.rahman as md 4 his home production with new faces!!!

don't trust the newspaper brother, they always make up things :lol:

rayan36
31st July 2007, 03:42 PM

Isn't Aamir khan who insisted on giving the music to ARR??(which means Muru's 1st choice is HJ)

dinesh2002
31st July 2007, 04:03 PM

don't trust the newspaper brother, they always make up things :lol:

esp when its about cinema... exaggeration at its best!! :lol2:

Vaz
31st July 2007, 04:03 PM
Even though I'm not at all a fan of Harris because of his lifting habits.... have to admit that he gave a few good numbers for Ghajini. So obviously I think Murugadass would have considered him to do the remake as well...

But hopefully for us there is Aamir khan! So I'm expecting some great numbers from the combo! As it is South Indian who's directing the film hope the tunes have a little bit of south indian flavor.... or something like Lagaan or Uyire with a universal flavor!

dinesh2002
31st July 2007, 04:18 PM
If I remember correctly, ARR mentionned in an interview sometime ago that there were plans to work with selvaraghavan on a Hindi film...

As pointed out previously, let us not do as Harris fans did when Shankar chose him for Anniyan. We are better than that....

Again wait for the film to be completed and ready for release without any financial hassles before unleashing your expectations... Because with Gowtham you never know!

:clap: i agree.... lets not put our selves along with them ... ermm ermm... :lol:

lets not jump to conclusion, Gautham will go back to HJ for sure, just like Shankar came back to ARR, these dir just need something diff inbetween, like a break...

ARM has never used a MD for second time in his movies YET, so do not conclude him as HJ dir... :) .....

dinesh2002
31st July 2007, 04:24 PM
Even though I'm not at all a fan of Harris because of his lifting habits.... have to admit that he gave a few good numbers for Ghajini. So obviously I think Murugadass would have considered him to do the remake as well...

But hopefully for us there is Aamir khan! So I'm expecting some great numbers from the combo! As it is South Indian who's directing the film hope the tunes have a little bit of south indian flavor.... or something like Lagaan or Uyire with a universal flavor!

yup... def, ARR is King in Melodies ... when my fren who is a surya fan said to me " Suttum Vizhi - Ghajini, is Surya's best love duet , i doubt ARR can do better than that for Surya "

but guess what, ARR gave us Munbe Va :clap: ... im sure ARM will extract something extraordinare from ARR.... :wink:

coucou
31st July 2007, 05:33 PM
yup... def, ARR is King in Melodies ... when my fren who is a surya fan said to me " Suttum Vizhi - Ghajini, is Surya's best love duet , i doubt ARR can do better than that for Surya "

did your friend say it after release of munbe vaa??? :? :twisted:

dinesh2002
31st July 2007, 05:48 PM

did your friend say it after release of munbe vaa??? :? :twisted:

he said it when SOK project was announced...... :D

A.ANAND
31st July 2007, 06:37 PM

don't trust the newspaper brother, they always make up things :lol:antha bits vanthathuthan ippa unmaiya ache sare!!! :D i think the cinema bits taken from tamil cinema magazine 'vanna thirai'from tamil nadu :)

A.ANAND
31st July 2007, 06:46 PM

Isn't Aamir khan who insisted on giving the music to ARR??(which means Muru's 1st choice is HJ)ennakku innamum antha 'suttru vizhi sudare'song pidikkave illai.i hate this song!!!
my fav. is 'oru malai' only.'rahatulla ' song is carbon copy from ratchagan movie'mercury pookal'.style sinnging by anupama same .

A.ANAND
31st July 2007, 07:06 PM
anybody see the promo still of ajits new film 'kanggeyan'with k.s ravikumar in cinesouth.com ???look like our boss is md 4 the film :confused2:

littlemaster1982
31st July 2007, 07:21 PM
Anandh,

X-Men style-la Ajith iruppare, antha promo still-a? That was designed by a fan. It's not true :)

prasana84
31st July 2007, 11:39 PM
Great news that one of best new director has come to Rahman for music. One interesting trend which I wud like to share. When ARR came, as far as i know all the big shot directors of his age worked with him and even directors from previous generation(barathiraja, Balachander) worked and continued to work with him. they had no reason to go back to anybody else unless and until they were not accomodated by ARR. There are instances when they had to go to some other and return back to rahman in the very next movie(recent eg being Sivaji the BOss). Clearly HJ is not doing whole lot of work tat he cant accomodate this new movie. But ARR being chosen for music inspite of him being tied up with whole lot of projects shows the kind of appeal he still has among directors. Another cat is on the wall right now..Join the club Selva..U wont regret..:)
ssss u r irte sibicals :D

selvakumar
1st August 2007, 08:20 AM
Anandh,

X-Men style-la Ajith iruppare, antha promo still-a? That was designed by a fan. It's not true :)

That still was designed by a fan. 4 get ups - kaangeyan name - all are false
But it is true that KSR will be directing Ajith down the line, may be after a couple of movies of ajith & not immediately. (I told this in Varalaaru thread here longtime back)

arsaregama
1st August 2007, 09:19 AM
the movie name is chennaiyil oru mazhaikalam....the hero himself has put in orkut!!!

A.ANAND
1st August 2007, 10:50 AM
the movie name is chennaiyil oru mazhaikalam....the hero himself has put in orkut!!!
enna!!??gautham is hero :roll: enna kodumai sir ithu!!! :lol:

Vaz
1st August 2007, 03:04 PM
So dropped, revived, dropped and now revived again.... and instead of one hero there are four now.... Obviously the story has been changed inbetween! Or maybe he's just keeping the title with an entirely different storyline....

Somehow feeling, that SOK's storyline was similar to what Gowtham had initially planned for Chennaiyil Oru Mazhaikaalam...

lancelot
1st August 2007, 04:00 PM
Somehow feeling, that SOK's storyline was similar to what Gowtham had initially planned for Chennaiyil Oru Mazhaikaalam...

What makes u feel that way?

GM is always an interesting subject. he will sure make a good movie. HIT NOHIT... dosent matter.... (to me)

what am wondering is... y did he go to ARR instead of HJ? hmm

hehe

A.ANAND
1st August 2007, 05:42 PM

GM is always an interesting subject. he will sure make a good movie. HIT NOHIT... dosent matter.... (to me)

hehe
:DHJ-ODA QUICK MEAL COMPOSING SAPPITTU SAPPITTU SALICHI POCHI POLA :roll:

thineshan54321
2nd August 2007, 07:15 AM

hehe
:DHJ-ODA QUICK MEAL COMPOSING SAPPITTU SAPPITTU SALICHI POCHI POLA :roll:

enga thaan sapitaalum, amma kayala sapitra mathiri varuma?! same here, yaar thaan music potaalum, ARR podura mathiri varuma?

A.ANAND
2nd August 2007, 08:04 AM
so,arr music like amma sappada?? thines:lol:

lancelot
2nd August 2007, 09:42 AM
ARR music.. amma saapada??? ennada solluringa?

wat does moms food have to do with ARRs music??? :lol: :lol:

hehe

prasana84
2nd August 2007, 09:12 PM
athu summa comediku ana mind peace enaku a.r.r musicla than neraiya kedaikum ir oru sila padalkal, also hj's songs not all. bt ulla heart kulla porathu a.r.r mattum than athunalathan avar enum kinga irukaru.

lancelot
2nd August 2007, 10:15 PM
athu summa comediku ana mind peace enaku a.r.r musicla than neraiya kedaikum ir oru sila padalkal, also hj's songs not all. bt ulla heart kulla porathu a.r.r mattum than athunalathan avar enum kinga irukaru.

:thumbsup:
hehe

rayan36
3rd August 2007, 06:00 AM
[tscii:edf7c50dc9]Gautham Menon’s promise to Surya

August 02, 2007

Gautham Menon and Surya came together after Kaakka Kaakka in Vaaranam Aayiram, a part of whose shooting was completed some time back. Later Surya shifted to Hari’s Vel which prompted Gautham to take up a new project with IT industry as the central theme. This film is said to be completed within 45 days where Trisha plays the lead role.

When Surya came to know of this he had stated that he would complete one more film when Gautham is shooting the Trisha starrer. However Gautham has promised Surya that he would be ready to recommence his work for Vaaranam Aayiram the moment Surya wraps up Vel. Convinced with his promise, Surya is all geared up to complete Vel. The interim project of Gautham Menon is said to feature a lot of new comers and the music will be scored by Isai Puyal A R Rahman
[/tscii:edf7c50dc9]

thineshan54321
3rd August 2007, 06:14 AM

hehe

:lol: :lol: 7 naaala veeta sapidala, kadela sapittu sapittu aluthu poochu. athu thaan nettu vanthu veeta sapittu apadi oru post :lol: :lol:

lancelot
3rd August 2007, 10:19 AM

hehe

:lol: :lol: 7 naaala veeta sapidala, kadela sapittu sapittu aluthu poochu. athu thaan nettu vanthu veeta sapittu apadi oru post :lol: :lol:

dont remind me of home food.. haven had it in months :(
back to the music....

hehe

A.ANAND
6th August 2007, 11:21 AM
த்ரிஷா நடிக்கும் 'சென்னையில் ஒரு மழைக்காலம்'
By JBR
மீண்டும் சென்னையில் மழைக்காலம்! மரம் ஓய்வை விரும்பினாலும் காற்று விடுவதில்லை. அதே மாதிரி பருவங்களையும் யாரும் தடுத்து நிறுத்திவிட முடியாது. கவுதம் விஷயத்திலும் இது உண்மையாகியிருக்கிறது.

Hotnews!

வசூல் 'வேல்'
சின்ன தளபதி - பெரிய தலைவலி
த்ரிஷா நடிக்கும் 'சென்னையில் ஒரு மழைக்காலம்'
மீண்டும் நடிக்க வருகிறார் ஸ்ரீதேவி
மதுரையில் 'பெண் திரை 2007'
நாடகக் கலைஞராக வடிவேலு!
மிரண்டா மீனாட்சியின் சோகம்
ஹரி இயக்கத்தில் பரத்
'குற்றப்பரம்பரை' படத்தில் நெப்போலியன்
இசையை மட்டும் காதலிக்கிறேன் : ஜி.வி. பிரகாஷ்குமார்
கதாநாயகி விஜயலட்சுமிக்கு கல்யாணம்
சுந்தர் சி. யின் 'பொறுக்கி' படபூஜை
நான் சோனியாகாந்தி மாதிரி: 'கட்டுவிரியன்' மாளவிகா
more...

சூர்யா, அசின் நடிக்க சிறது நாள் முன்பு 'சென்னையில் ஒரு மழைக்காலம்' படத்தை தொடங்கினார் கவுதம் வாசுதேவ மேனன். கவுதமுக்கு அபிராமியை ஹீரோயினாக போட ஆசை. சூர்யாவுக்கு ஜோதிகா. பிறகு அசினில் சமரசமானார்கள் ஆனாலும் சில நாள் படப்பிடிப்புக்கு பிறகு படத்தை ட்ராப் செய்வதாக அறிவித்தார் சூர்யா.

சூர்யாவால் நின்ற 'சென்னையில் ஓரு மலைக்காலம்' அவராலேயே மீண்டும் தொடங்கப்பட்டிருக்கிறது.

'வாரணம் ஆயிரம்' படத்திலிருந்து பாதியில் நழுவி 'வேல்' படத்தில் நடித்து வருக்கிறார் சூர்யா. இந்த சின்ன கேப்பில் படமொன்றை இயக்குகிறார் கவுதம். இவரது அசிஸ்டெண்ட் கார்த்தி உள்பட நான்குபேர் ஹீரோவாக நடிக்கின்றனர். ஹீரோயின் த்ரிஷா. படத்தின் பெயர் 'சென்னையில் ஒரு மழைக்காலம்.'

சூர்யா நடிப்பதாக இருந்த படத்துக்கும் இந்தப் படத்துக்கும் கதைரீதயாக எந்த தொடர்பும் இல்லையாம். பெயர் மட்டுமே ஒன்று.

'வேல்' படத்தை சூர்யா நடிக்கும் போது 'சென்னையில் ஒரு மழைக்காலம்' தொடங்கப்பட்டிருக்கும். மீண்டும் கால்ஷீட் பிரச்சனையில் 'வாரணம் ஆயிரம்' தள்ளிப்போகும். காசு போட்ட தயாரிப்பாளர் நிலைதான் பரிதாபம்!

dinesh2002
6th August 2007, 06:36 PM
Trisha acts in 'Chennayil Oru Mazhaikaalam

It's rain time in Chenani again. Even if the trees want to relax, the wind won't let them be. The same way, youth is unstoppable and this is true in Gautham's case.

Some time back, Gautham Vasudeva Menon started the film 'Chennayil Oru Mazhaikaalam' to star Surya and Asin. Gautham wanted Abhirami as heroine, Surya wanted Jyotika, but they finally agreed on Asin. But after a few days of shooting, Surya announced dropping out of the film.

Now 'Chennayil Oru Mazhaikaalam' that stopped because of Surya is now revived thanks to Surya himself.

After completing half of 'Vaaranam Ayiram,' Surya moved to act in and complete 'Vel.' In the intervening time, Gautham is directing a film featuring 4 heroes including his assistant Karthi. The heroine is Trisha. And the film is titled 'Chennayil Oru Mazhaikaalam.'

The story of this film has nothing to do with the film Surya was to have acted in. Only the title remains the same.

'Chennayil Oru Mazhaikaalam' would have started when Surya was acting in 'Vel.' 'Vaaranam Ayiram' is stuck again in call sheet problem and the person most to be pitied is the producer who has invested money in it.
http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/06082007-1.shtml

A.ANAND
1st September 2007, 02:29 PM
Gautham gets a bomb scare!

By Moviebuzz | Saturday, 01 September , 2007, 10:46

Gautham Menon, has decided to shoot his new film featuring Trisha and four new boys Chennayil Oru Mazhaikalam (working title) in Hyderabad! Gautham the smart guy that he is has now made it a bilingual- a Telugu version too!
Actually Hyderabad was chosen for the convenience of Trisha, who is also shooting simultaneously for a Telugu film with Ravi Teja. But after the Hyderabad blasts a security cover was thrown over the city, making shooting in the city a nightmare. Twice there were bomb scare at the place they were shooting, disrupting the shoot!

But Gautham went ahead and completed a good part of his shoot, and even managed to shoot outside the city on the day of the Hyderabad bandh! The film is shaping out extremely well and may give Trisha an all new image.

Gautham will be shooting for the film till September 25, before he leaves with Surya for US for the shoot of Vaaranam Aayiram.

thineshan54321
1st September 2007, 06:17 PM
Gautham gets a bomb scare!

By Moviebuzz | Saturday, 01 September , 2007, 10:46

Gautham Menon, has decided to shoot his new film featuring Trisha and four new boys Chennayil Oru Mazhaikalam (working title) in Hyderabad! Gautham the smart guy that he is has now made it a bilingual- a Telugu version too!
Actually Hyderabad was chosen for the convenience of Trisha, who is also shooting simultaneously for a Telugu film with Ravi Teja. But after the Hyderabad blasts a security cover was thrown over the city, making shooting in the city a nightmare. Twice there were bomb scare at the place they were shooting, disrupting the shoot!

But Gautham went ahead and completed a good part of his shoot, and even managed to shoot outside the city on the day of the Hyderabad bandh! The film is shaping out extremely well and may give Trisha an all new image.

Gautham will be shooting for the film till September 25, before he leaves with Surya for US for the shoot of Vaaranam Aayiram.

:lol: how fast is this guy going? whats he trying to do bring down the image of ARR or something? i dont think he got any songs from ARR yet. :lol:

rayan36
1st September 2007, 08:59 PM
There's no news about the songs??? makes me doubt if ARR associated with the movie

thineshan54321
1st September 2007, 09:10 PM
There's no news about the songs??? makes me doubt if ARR associated with the movie

wondering the same.

A.ANAND
2nd September 2007, 12:01 PM

wondering the same.
appa, media-la,intha treadla vantha news ellam poiya??? :roll:
last month i read trisha interview in' malaysia nanban' news paper
she say's 'i'm very happy work with gautham movie 'chennayil oru mazhaikalam'and music by a.r.rahman'

A.ANAND
2nd September 2007, 02:02 PM
GAUTHAM MOVIE MATHIRI,INTHA NEWS KONJAM TRILL-LA IRUKATUM INNU NENAKALAM ILLAYA :lol:

A.ANAND
3rd September 2007, 11:59 AM
Chennaiyil Oru Mazhaikalam
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
This article or section contains information about one or more scheduled or expected films. The content may change as the film's release approaches and more information becomes available.
Chennaiyil Oru Mazhaikalam
Directed by Gautham Menon
Produced by Gautham Menon
Written by Gautham Menon
Starring Trisha Krishnan,
Satish,
Veera,
Karthik,
Shaam
Music by A. R. Rahman
Editing by Anthony
Distributed by Photon Factory
Release date(s) December 2007
Language Tamil
Chennaiyil Oru Mazhaikalam is a the current title for the forthcoming Tamil film to be directed by Gautham Menon. It stars Trisha Krishnan and four male debutants in the lead roles roles. The film's score and soundtrack will be composed by A. R. Rahman with lyrics by renowned poet, Thamarai. Editing is being handled by Anthony. The movie has been said to be about life in the underworld. Shooting for the film began on the 24th of July, 2007 at Tidel Park in Chennai, India. Speculations claim the project could be named, Chennaiyil Oru Mazhaikaalam.[1]

A.ANAND
3rd September 2007, 12:24 PM
Gautham signs Trisha for his next film
PVS [Saturday, August 04, 2007]

Director Gautham Menon has selected Trisha to play a pivotal role in his next film, tentatively titled "Chennaiyil Oru Mazhaikalam" (Rainy Season in Chennai). Along with Trisha, four newcomers will be cast in the film.

Trisha's performance as a bubbly young girl in Ajith-starrer "Kireedom" which was released last month, has won her acclaim and the film itself has received rave reviews. A great fan of Gautham Menon, Trisha has expressed her joy to work in his film. Set against the backdrop of the emerging IT culture, the story revolves around an IT professional's life. A.R. Rahman will compose the music.

According to sources, Gautham Menon has registered the title "Chennaiyil Oru Mazhaikalam" for a Surya-Asin film, but it has been shelved. And the Director is considering retaining the same title for the film starring Trisha.

An excited Trisha says when Gautham Menon approached her with the offer; she did not even listen to the script. She immediately accepted the offer to work in the movie. Being part of a film that will have A.R. Rahman as the music director "is something to be proud of," she added.

Asked how she could accept a role that requires her to work with four newcomers, Trisha told mediapersons that she has immense faith in Gautham's script. The film will be launched in October with the onset of the northeast monsoon, which brings heavy rains in Chennai. The movie is expect to be completed in time for the release during December.

Vaz
3rd September 2007, 05:37 PM
Start and finish the movie within 3 months.... hmmmm

How would ARR compose and deliver the BGM with such a SHORT notice?

Looks destined to be delayed!

A.ANAND
14th September 2007, 02:20 PM
Naethra is Goutham's heroine
IndiaGlitz [Friday, September 14, 2007]

The young and cute-looking Naethra, who played the lead role in Thoovaanam, is making the right moves.

Impressed by Naethra's performance in Thoovanam, director Goutham Vasudeva Menon has picked her as the heroine for his film Chennaiyil Oru Mazhai Kaalam.

The movie features Trisha and four newcomers in the lead role. Naethra plays second fiddle to Trisha in the movie.

The story of the movie revolves around IT professionals. Naethra portrayed the role of an NRI girl in Thoovaanam. The movie has musical core by A R Rahman.

muzammil_fr
14th September 2007, 04:05 PM
don't know what will be happend, if this combo born, it will be good.

A.ANAND
15th September 2007, 11:02 AM
naanum romba avalaga ethir parkiren.

Yathu
11th March 2008, 01:15 AM
[tscii:b6feb24df2]Trisha as a Call Center girl

IndiaGlitz [Monday, March 10, 2008]

Tamil film industry is second to none in reflecting the changes in the society. We had ‘Kadhalar Dhinam’, dealing with internet and online chatting, which were on their budding stage around ten years ago. Then we had number of films dealing with many developments like software boom and globalization.

Now we witness a rapid growth in Call Center industry, and we have a film depicting the industry.

The south Indian beauty Trisha is going to play the character of a Call Center girl in Gautham Menon’s ‘Chennaiyil Oru Mazhai Kaalam’. The movie, which is said to be a typical cosmopolitan movie, deals with various developments pertaining to the cosmopolitan culture. The film will go on to the floors after Gautham’s current project ‘Vaaranam Aayiram’ is completed.

The movie seeks to deal with the various aspects of Call Center life. It will portray the night life of the call center employees, their huge pay packages and also their family and health problems. The film also tries to show the IT culture prevailing in the city.

For Trisha, who is basically a cosmopolitan girl, the role should be like a piece of cake.

So this film is happening? But is ARR the MD for it? There's no mention of him in the article! :? :( [/tscii:b6feb24df2]

baba88
11th March 2008, 02:38 AM
I don't think that ARR will be the MD. But maybe they just reuse songs from ARRs hindi movie like Rang de Basanti.

thineshan54321
11th March 2008, 03:15 AM
I don't think that ARR will be the MD. But maybe they just reuse songs from ARRs hindi movie like Rang de Basanti.

how do u know?? arr wont be the MD but they will use RDB songs? that could only mean HJ is the composer since they are reusing RDB songs and ARR is not composer :lol:

Yathu
11th March 2008, 03:47 AM

lol @ Thinesh

How do you know these things Baba? You make predictions and they're usually right! Do you work for ARR maybe? :D

A.ANAND
11th March 2008, 07:38 AM
daniel balaji[vv villan]say's he sign for this movie in interview 'star ungaludan'jaya tv program.but he did't mention about the technical crew.the title for this movie will change soon.[but i hope 90% arr the md]

Vaz
11th March 2008, 06:19 PM
It was confirmed by Gopal from ARRYFG that indeed ARR is not doing this film...

thineshan54321
11th March 2008, 07:50 PM
vote http://www.ssmusic.tv/top10.php

baba88
11th March 2008, 09:19 PM

lol @ Thinesh

How do you know these things Baba? You make predictions and they're usually right! Do you work for ARR maybe? :D

It was just an idea. A.R.Rahman didn't mention this movie as his future project in a recent interview. He only said that he is working on Sakkarakatti, Tamil Jodha Akbar, Sultan and Robot in Tamil. The idea of reusing Rang de Basanti songs was just for fun because it has also some youngsters acting in it.

THK
11th March 2008, 10:53 PM
http://www.kollywoodtoday.com/news/chennaiyil-oru-mazhaikalam-to-kick-start-soon/

With his forthcoming movie Vaaranam Aayiram slated to release on April 14, Gowtham seems to be busy geared up pre-production works of Chennayil Oru Mazhai Kalam. As known earlier, the flick features bubbly Trisha as stylish icon with the role of a call centre executive. Four youngsters would be making their debut in lead roles and buzzes are that Thoovanam fame Nethra plays another female lead.

For the first time, Gowtham Menon lets himself joining hands with A.R. Rahman and Thamarai pens lyrics for the film.

Trisha staying away from glamorous roles will now dress herself with roles that wins her accolades and awards. Her performance in Abhiyum Naanum and Chennayil Oru Mazhaikalam would be the best illustrations for this

Ramakrishna
28th March 2008, 03:25 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3238/2367529951_66cbc83839_o.jpg

Thamarai: Are you going to work for the film Chennaiyil Oru Mazhaikaalam?
ARR: I am not sure about the title but discussions are on with Gautham.

baba88
28th March 2008, 06:25 PM
What are these discussions ? Discussions about business and ARR's conditions or discussions about the story and the way the music has to come out ? In the same interview ARR told that he has just finished the last song for Sakkarakatti.

Ramakrishna
28th March 2008, 07:48 PM
Lyricist Thamarai, krish and Joshua Shridar have interviewed ARR for Deccan Chronicle.

vijayr
28th March 2008, 08:24 PM
Interesting. Thanks for posting it. Maybe it is the first time I am reading Rahman's open preference for KJY(he also admits in a lighter tone that SPB might get angry at him for picking KJY).

sat_srini
28th March 2008, 08:40 PM
Here's the complete interview -

http://www.flickr.com/photos/arrahmanfans/2368363002/sizes/l/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/arrahmanfans/2367529951/sizes/l/in/photostream/

littlemaster1982
23rd May 2008, 07:42 AM
:victory: It's official (http://i27.tinypic.com/24ay78h.jpg) :victory:

:redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump:

MADDY
23rd May 2008, 08:55 AM

wow....great news 8-) ......GM has given same font size to ARR in the AD.....ADHU :x

dinesh2002
23rd May 2008, 08:59 AM

:omg: :clap: :yes: :victory: :cool2: :ty: :2thumbsup: :noteeth:

when did this poster released...and where did u got it man!!! :D

littlemaster1982
23rd May 2008, 09:13 AM
Dinesh,

Forgot to mention it. All leading dailies have the ad. This is Hindu ad scan. Courtesy: Orkut.

arsaregama
23rd May 2008, 10:48 AM
http://i27.tinypic.com/24ay78h.jpg

directhit
23rd May 2008, 11:33 AM

:redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Thalafanz
23rd May 2008, 11:37 AM
http://i27.tinypic.com/24ay78h.jpg

Nice still... 8-)

Dragun
23rd May 2008, 11:58 AM
Let's hope this does not go the way of Satyagrahi...

dinesh2002
23rd May 2008, 02:26 PM
Dinesh,

Forgot to mention it. All leading dailies have the ad. This is Hindu ad scan. Courtesy: Orkut.

thanks for the sweet news man... it made my day!!! :D

SoftSword
23rd May 2008, 03:17 PM
The ad looks too good...
looks like somethin very interesting on stores...

moreover very good project for ARR...
the wait starts now....

baba88
23rd May 2008, 03:42 PM
After Sakkarakatti another Youthful movie. Hope it's gonna be a new Boys ! I think ARR with Gautham will work wonders ! So the next ARR release is Sakkarakatti in June 08 then Sultan in December 08 then probably Chennayil Oru Malaikaalam in June 09. So we get every 6 a movie. Cool

A.ANAND
23rd May 2008, 04:51 PM
Shooting starts for 'Chennaiyil Oru Mazhai Kaalam'
IndiaGlitz [Friday, May 23, 2008]

Ace director Gautham Menon takes up the nature of the prevailing youth culture in the cosmopolitan city of Chennai in his next film 'Chennaiyil Oru Mazhai Kaalam'.

Gautham, who has finished up the work on 'Varanam Aayiram' starring Suriya will start the shooting of his latest movie today.

The story of the film takes its shape from the call centre life of the city and the leading lady and the most experienced among the new actors Trisha plays the role of a girl working in a call centre.

Satish who was last seen in the movie 'Unnale Unnale' plays an important role in this new film.

The film while showing the IT culture of the city also will portray the life experienced by the employees during the night shifts.

The health and family problems faced by the call centre professionals will also have its say in the new urban film.

The film has songs composed by the music maestro A.R.Rahman and is produced by P Madan and J Ganesh under the Escape Artist Motion Pictures Banner.

Art direction is by Rajeevan.

Although Chennai is a hub of lots of leading call centers in India and a vast number of the present day youth who are also a part of the strong film crazy youngsters who represent the majority of the film audience works in the call centers and IT companies, not many films have come out of Kollywood which shows the life of this community till now.

Given the skills of Gautham Menon a fantastic film that shows all the sides of the kind of life led by the youngsters as well as their attitude towards life can be expected.

Mahen
23rd May 2008, 06:55 PM
COM july 09?No way..COM was suppose to be a quickie just like PKMC, before GM starts his film with ajith..Thats why im surprised to see ARR's name..Hope the number of movies he's doing wont affect the quality of his music.. :)

dinesh2002
23rd May 2008, 07:44 PM
come to the think about it, COM seems like it has no STRONG story........ :(.... didint ARR face enough problem with simple story movies going down the bin.... :(

baba88
23rd May 2008, 10:02 PM
You know good directors can even make with simple story lines good movies. Look at 7g Rainbow Colony or Yaaradi Nee Mohini these movies didn't have that strong story but the way it's shot and the acting and of course the music made it them successful.

dinesh2002
24th May 2008, 05:57 AM
You know good directors can even make with simple story lines good movies. Look at 7g Rainbow Colony or Yaaradi Nee Mohini these movies didn't have that strong story but the way it's shot and the acting and of course the music made it them successful.

true.... good point... but after PKMC.... i think Gautham = Light storyline movie cant spell success.....

Minnale too was a very weak movie IMO, but the music and ofcource Reema Sen made it a super hit.....

dinesh2002
24th May 2008, 06:06 AM
[tscii:8558e15fe7] Trisha to pair up with Karthik!
May 23, 2008

Now that his commitments with the much-anticipated Vaaranam Aayiram are almost over, Gautham is turning his gaze to the project he had temporarily shelved -Chennaiyil Oru Mazhaikalam. Trisha will play the lead role of a software professional who is wooed by four adolescent boys.

After news about Gautham roping in Boys-fame Bhuvaneshwari's sibling for one of the roles, we worked our sources for more details. As it turns out, Gautham has added another debutant to the list: Karthik, actress Maheswari’s brother (who also played Surya’s friend in Vaaranam Aayiram), will play the lead opposite Trisha. We’ll have more details for you soon.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/may-08-03/trisha-23-05-08.html[/tscii:8558e15fe7]

coucou
24th May 2008, 06:31 PM

true.... good point... but after PKMC.... i think Gautham = Light storyline movie cant spell success.....

Minnale too was a very weak movie IMO, but the music and ofcource Reema Sen made it a super hit.....

But he has a good musical sense and good execution of songs, which is nescessary for arr tamil songs 8-)

A.ANAND
28th May 2008, 12:33 PM
Director Gowtham Vasudev Menon , who directed Minnale, Kaakha Kaakha, Vetaiyadu Vilayadu, Pachaikili Muthucharam have had Music composed by his so called close associate Harris jayaraj. Now Gowtham Menon is directing , " Chennayil oru Mazhaikaalam", for which Harris Jayaraj is not there. The combo is said to have got seperated. A.R. Rahman is composing for this film. A.R. Rahman and Gowtham Menon are combining for this film, for the first tme.

" Have you had any problems with Harris Jayaraj ?". was the question put to Gowtham, for which his reply was, " I dont have any problems with Harris jayaraj. I always had a desire to work with A.R. Rahman. I met him, and expressed my wish, for which he accepted it immediately. If we both combine , then the expectation would be very high was the reply from ARR. As said by Rahman, the expectation for this film is very high. In the film, Mazhaikaalam denotes Love ( Kadhal ) . As Mazhaikaalam ( Rainy Season ) is a good experiences, so is Love.

In this film, Trisha is a modern day girl, a Software Engineer. Along with her, Nikita, Netra are acting. Its a story between 3 ladies and 4 men. The Hero is the brother of Actor Maheshwari ( Karuthamma fame ) . Daniel balaji ( Vettaiyadu Vilayadu fame ) is donning the role of a Psycho. The first phase of shooting is over in Chennai, which went for 25 days. The second phase of shooting is going on.

Courtesy :- Daily Thanti today..

A.ANAND
28th May 2008, 12:36 PM
Manirathnam's Pack of Surprises
A Dream Cast for his next film

After Guru in 2007, Master Craftsman Manirathnam is back with his next venture. As expected it will be a bilingual in Hindi and Tamil. The film yet to be titled will have Abhishek Bachchan playing the lead role in Hindi and for the first time, Vikram will star in Mani's film. The actor who is busy completing his forthcoming biggie 'Kandasamy' will play the lead in the Tamil Version. Understandably Vikram is all excited and upbeat on working with Maniratnam.

Mani' find and favourite Aishwarya Rai plays the female lead in both the versions. Well, Mani's films always have some pack of surprises in terms of casting and this film is no different. Prithviraj is donning the baddie cap in both the versions.

Whats more, its a dream team in the making with Ace Cameraman P C Sreeram and Manirathnam join g hands after a long break. The duo was last seen rocking in Alaipayudey. No prizes for guessing the Man Music for the film. Yes, A R Rahman. Shooting of the film is likely to commence in September this year
www.chennaionline.com

dinesh2002
28th May 2008, 05:22 PM
I have no problem with Harris Jayaraj --- says Gowtham Menon

Director Gowtham Vasudev Menon , who directed Minnale, Kaakha Kaakha, Vetaiyadu Vilayadu, Pachaikili Muthucharam have had Music composed by his so called close associate Harris jayaraj. Now Gowtham Menon is directing , " Chennayil oru Mazhaikaalam", for which Harris Jayaraj is not there. The combo is said to have got seperated. A.R. Rahman is composing for this film. A.R. Rahman and Gowtham Menon are combining for this film, for the first tme.

" Have you had any problems with Harris Jayaraj ?". was the question put to Gowtham, for which his reply was, " I dont have any problems with Harris jayaraj. I always had a desire to work with A.R. Rahman. I met him, and expressed my wish, for which he accepted it immediately. If we both combine , then the expectation would be very high was the reply from ARR. As said by Rahman, the expectation for this film is very high. In the film, Mazhaikaalam denotes Love ( Kadhal ) . As Mazhaikaalam ( Rainy Season ) is a good experiences, so is Love.

In this film, Trisha is a modern day girl, a Software Engineer. Along with her, Nikita, Netra are acting. Its a story between 3 ladies and 4 men. The Hero is the brother of Actor Maheshwari ( Karuthamma fame ) . Daniel balaji ( Vettaiyadu Vilayadu fame ) is donning the role of a Psycho. The first phase of shooting is over in Chennai, which went for 25 days. The second phase of shooting is going on.

Courtesy :- Daily Thanti today..

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/95020

A.ANAND
29th May 2008, 06:05 AM
[tscii:b0769d7f3e]Gautham denies rift with Harris
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, May 28, 2008]

Director Gautham Menon always shared good rapport with Harris Jayaraj. The two had been part of several successful ventures including ‘Minnale’, ‘Khaakha Khaakha’, ‘Vettaiyaadu Vilaiyaadu’ and ‘Pachai Kili Muthucharam’.

However with Gautham opting to work with A R Rahman for ‘Chennaiyil Oru Mazhai Kaalam’ surprised many.

Questions started to do rounds whether the two are at loggerheads. However Gautham is quick to deny them as rumors.

“I am an admirer of Harris Jayaraj even now. I wanted to work with Rahman and expressed my desire to him. He readily agreed and we commenced ‘Chennaiyil Oru Mazhai Kaalam’. That's all.'

The movie features Trisha in the lead role and five newcomers are playing part of it.

The film's story revolves around 3 girls and 4 boys. Trisha portrays a new generation software engineer. Naethra and Nikitha play the other two girls. Karthik who is actress Maheswari's brother plays the male lead opposite Trisha and Daniel Balaji is in a role of a psycho.

The first shooting schedule of 25 days has already got finished in Chennai. The second schedule's work has started and is going on.

The ace director also spoke about the response till now for his new project and also explained about the title of the film.

'The people have a lot of expectations on 'Chennaiyil Oru Mazhai Kaalam'. Just like the rainy season, love is also a beautiful experience'. 'Mazhai Kaalam' in the title represents the love shown in the film’.

[/tscii:b0769d7f3e]

A.ANAND
3rd June 2008, 01:28 PM
[tscii:6380ab712b]Why Harris is out of Gowtham’s next film ?
June 2nd, 2008

Gowtham Menon and Harris Jeyaraj combo worked well in films like Minnale, Kaakha Kaakha and Vetayadu Vilayudu. But now Gowtham has tried to change his favourite composer for his new film Chennaiyil Oru Mazhaikalam. Featuring four new actors along with Trisha as the heroine, Chennaiyil Oru Mazhaikalam is said to be the story of young software professionals. Gowtham and Harris are not parting over any issue but want to try something novel. He has opted for AR Rahman to do the music only because he wanted to work with him once.

Sources close to Gowtham have stated that he has no specific reason for eliminating Harris Jayaraj. Gowtham is a director who used to keep changing cinematographers for all of his films and this time he has tried it out with music director. Let’s see how this new combo does work between AR Rahman and Gowtham Menon…

[/tscii:6380ab712b]

united07
3rd June 2008, 03:47 PM
all these reports mean one thing....

even if COK clicked very well and goes on to become a big blockbuster....GM will be forced to be back to HJ....

mmmm.... and end to a combo even before it starts...

united07
3rd June 2008, 03:47 PM
COM...sorry not COK..

SoftSword
3rd June 2008, 03:54 PM

even if COK clicked very well and goes on to become a big blockbuster....GM will be forced to be back to HJ....

no worries for that...
GM should worry ;)

Ramakrishna
3rd June 2008, 04:26 PM

no worries for that...
CM should worry ;)

CM Karunanidhi ethukku worry pannanum :lol2:

SoftSword
3rd June 2008, 04:27 PM

no worries for that...
CM should worry ;)

CM Karunanidhi ethukku worry pannanum :lol2:

dei ram.................... :lol:

baba88
3rd June 2008, 08:38 PM
Ahh..
This is just the same situation like Shankar in Anniyan.
Who worried about Harris Jeyaraj when Sivaji or even now Robot started ? I think same will happen to ARR when Gautham starts his next project.

Mahen
4th June 2008, 10:30 AM
Ahh..
Who worried about Harris Jeyaraj when Sivaji or even now Robot started ? I think same will happen to ARR when Gautham starts his next project.

Baba, do you knoow why shankar went to HJ for anniyan?Curious to know..Shnkar said he wanted to try out a new director..But somehow i dont believe that..Some ppl say arr and shankar had a misunderstanding and patched up for sivaji..

dinesh2002
4th June 2008, 07:30 PM
Ahh..

Baba, do you knoow why shankar went to HJ for anniyan?Curious to know..Shnkar said he wanted to try out a new director..But somehow i dont believe that..Some ppl say arr and shankar had a misunderstanding and patched up for sivaji..

Mahen, yes.... ARR and Shankar had some misunderstanding for Boys re-recording......... Dont ask me where i got the news, as i cant say it out... but im sure its pretty reliable....

and no, they patched up during Ah Aah's audio release....... :)

Mahen
4th June 2008, 09:22 PM
Ahh..

Mahen, yes.... ARR and Shankar had some misunderstanding for Boys re-recording......... Dont ask me where i got the news, as i cant say it out... but im sure its pretty reliable....

Will you mind elaborating more? :D Shankar wasnt happy with the BGM or ARR had no time for rerecording??I would like to know how serious was the misunderstanding,,,By looking at sivaji's output, im afraid maybe ARR hasn't forgotten wateva happen between him n shankar..If i take away style and athiradee, sivaji would have been an ordinary album...

dinesh2002
4th June 2008, 09:42 PM
Ahh..

Will you mind elaborating more? :D Shankar wasnt happy with the BGM or ARR had no time for rerecording??I would like to know how serious was the misunderstanding,,,By looking at sivaji's output, im afraid maybe ARR hasn't forgotten wateva happen between him n shankar..If i take away style and athiradee, sivaji would have been an ordinary album...

well, i believe it was becoz ARR didint finish his re-recording on time... which did end up with some misunderstanding.... Shankar did mentioned in his interview back in those days " while waiting for the background scores from Rahman, i have already started working on Anniyan's script".... i guess that was like a sarcasm on the delay that ARR caused..... but at the same time that he already planning on his next film kinda thing... haha.....

Bro, the only average number in Sivaji was Balleleika..... Sahana and Vaaji Vaaji too were outstanding numbers.... Even the singer Manicka Vinayagam told, Sahana was such a different and beautiful score and ARR was daring enough to use it in a Rajini film.... :) .....
Vaaji Vaaji ofcource had excellent blend of Northern and Southern music..... these type r not visible in any albums of Tamil these days.... :)

Not sure wut made u think these 2 were odinary.... these 2 numbers r enough to make one forget the whole Anniyan album.... :lol:

thineshan54321
4th June 2008, 10:11 PM
Ahh..

well, i believe it was becoz ARR didint finish his re-recording on time... which did end up with some misunderstanding.... Shankar did mentioned in his interview back in those days " while waiting for the background scores from Rahman, i have already started working on Anniyan's script".... i guess that was like a sarcasm on the delay that ARR caused..... but at the same time that he already planning on his next film kinda thing... haha.....

Bro, the only average number in Sivaji was Balleleika..... Sahana and Vaaji Vaaji too were outstanding numbers.... Even the singer Manicka Vinayagam told, Sahana was such a different and beautiful score and ARR was daring enough to use it in a Rajini film.... :) .....
Vaaji Vaaji ofcource had excellent blend of Northern and Southern music..... these type r not visible in any albums of Tamil these days.... :)

Not sure wut made u think these 2 were odinary.... these 2 numbers r enough to make one forget the whole Anniyan album.... :lol:

dinesh completely agree with you... with the exception of ballelekka, sivaji is a breakthru album. even ARR had mentioned this in cnn interview. everytime i listen to sivaji or watch the songs, its just way too beautiful, gives me the same feeling that indian or kadhalan did.

Mahen
5th June 2008, 09:13 AM
Ahh..

After listening to ATM :) I enjoyed atm more than sivaji..If not for style and athiradee, atm would have been miles ahead of sivaji..Im not saying sivaji is bad but it was just a weaker effort from shnkar-arr combo..

SoftSword
5th June 2008, 11:17 AM
Ahh..

dinesh completely agree with you... with the exception of ballelekka, sivaji is a breakthru album. even ARR had mentioned this in cnn interview. everytime i listen to sivaji or watch the songs, its just way too beautiful, gives me the same feeling that indian or kadhalan did.

:shock: guys....
ballelakka... wat a wonderful piece with full energy... with spb voice....
guys.... this song lifted the album amond the c centre audience you know...
my mom still likes to hear this song....
maybe u guys were less impressed with that....

sat_srini
6th June 2008, 01:58 AM
[tscii:99a5d54e14]Gautham Menon about COM and ARR

The title “Chennayil Oru Mazhaikaalam” has been around forever…

Chennayil Oru Mazhaikaalam was what Varanam Aayiram was called earlier, but Oscar Ravichandran didn’t want that title. So we gave him Varanam Aayiram. I took Chennayil Oru Mazhaikaalam because it was my own title.

Again, without spoilers, what’s that about?

Varanam Aayiram is a very conservative film in terms of what Surya thinks about women, but this is a very in-your-face sort of today’s film, with four boys and three girls. We wanted to cast only newcomers. Then the co-producer said, “We need somebody in this film, other than Gautam and AR Rahman.” Then we pitched the idea to Trisha. She was always looking to work with us. It’s a purely business thing.

Speaking of Rahman, there’s been a lot of talk about the switch from your regular, Harris Jayaraj.

It’s not a switch, because I am doing a film with Harris in December, which stars Ajit (for Sivaji productions). We work really well together. I think we’re the only team that works really well together, because I know how he works with the other guys, and I know how I work with him. But I always wanted to work with Rahman, right from the word go, right from when Minnale happened – and Harris knows that. Yes, he said, “People will think we have a problem. Why do you want to do this now?” But I told him I need to do this because… You can always do a film with Surya but you still want to work with Kamal Hassan. It’s like that. When I pitched it to Rahman, the first thing he asked was, “You have a great record with Harris. They’ll think I’ve done something to that. I don’t want to get into the bad books of people. Are you sure it’s okay?” Secondly, he said, “There’s bound to be tremendous expectation. We need to live up to that. Do you think we will do that?” I told him. “Come on, let’s not worry about all that. What the film demands, we’ll do.” He’s pretty cool – very humble, very nice. I think we share a great rapport.

http://www.desipundit.com/baradwajrangan/2008/06/05/interview-gautam-vasudev-menon/[/tscii:99a5d54e14]

thineshan54321
6th June 2008, 08:54 AM
[tscii:26282ce308]Gautham Menon about COM and ARR

The title “Chennayil Oru Mazhaikaalam” has been around forever…

Chennayil Oru Mazhaikaalam was what Varanam Aayiram was called earlier, but Oscar Ravichandran didn’t want that title. So we gave him Varanam Aayiram. I took Chennayil Oru Mazhaikaalam because it was my own title.

Again, without spoilers, what’s that about?

Varanam Aayiram is a very conservative film in terms of what Surya thinks about women, but this is a very in-your-face sort of today’s film, with four boys and three girls. We wanted to cast only newcomers. Then the co-producer said, “We need somebody in this film, other than Gautam and AR Rahman.” Then we pitched the idea to Trisha. She was always looking to work with us. It’s a purely business thing.

Speaking of Rahman, there’s been a lot of talk about the switch from your regular, Harris Jayaraj.

It’s not a switch, because I am doing a film with Harris in December, which stars Ajit (for Sivaji productions). We work really well together. I think we’re the only team that works really well together, because I know how he works with the other guys, and I know how I work with him. But I always wanted to work with Rahman, right from the word go, right from when Minnale happened – and Harris knows that. Yes, he said, “People will think we have a problem. Why do you want to do this now?” But I told him I need to do this because… You can always do a film with Surya but you still want to work with Kamal Hassan. It’s like that. When I pitched it to Rahman, the first thing he asked was, “You have a great record with Harris. They’ll think I’ve done something to that. I don’t want to get into the bad books of people. Are you sure it’s okay?” Secondly, he said, “There’s bound to be tremendous expectation. We need to live up to that. Do you think we will do that?” I told him. “Come on, let’s not worry about all that. What the film demands, we’ll do.” He’s pretty cool – very humble, very nice. I think we share a great rapport.

http://www.desipundit.com/baradwajrangan/2008/06/05/interview-gautam-vasudev-menon/[/tscii:26282ce308]

not to be picky on HJ again, but let me compare the very words they spoke:
HJ: "Why do you want to do this now?"
ARR: "You have a great record with Harris. They’ll think I’ve done something to that."

what an amazing person ARR is... truly if there is one thign that tops his music, it definitely has to be his personality. i am sure this movie will kick *** big time.

A.ANAND
27th August 2008, 06:01 AM
[tscii:00e14dbfe0]Trisha denies singing for Rahman!

By Moviebuzz | Tuesday, 26 August , 2008, 12:58

A news agency had reported that Trisha sang under the baton of A.R Rahman.

When contacted in Hyderabad, where she is shooting with Nagarjuna for the Telugu film King, the actress told Sify.com: "I can’t figure out from where these rumours of me singing for Rahman started? It is a figment of somebody's imagination running wild.I have not spoken to anyone about this."

She adds that a unit member of her film Chennayil Oru Mazhaikalam directed by Gautam Menon playfully suggested that she sing a song in the film which has music by A.R Rahman.

Added Trisha: "Rahman is my all time favourite music director and my iPod has almost all his tunes. But me singing for him is a little too far fetched."

The views expressed in the article are the author's and not of Sify.com.

[/tscii:00e14dbfe0]

Thalafanz
27th August 2008, 06:04 AM
Trisha-vA??? Athuvum singing-A??? :shaking: :frightened:

A.ANAND
27th August 2008, 07:39 AM
Trisha-vA??? Athuvum singing-A??? :shaking: :frightened:
:lol:

Ramakrishna
27th October 2008, 10:33 PM
Just now saw an interview of Gautham-Surya on Jayatv. Gautham said he will be restarting this movie after VA's release.

SO COMK is still on.

MADDY
16th November 2008, 03:58 PM
me and my frnds met Gautam Menon in VA special show.....he confirmed that the next movie is with thalaivar music and mahesh babu as hero :thumbsup:

Ramakrishna
16th November 2008, 04:21 PM
What about this movie :roll:

Thalafanz
16th November 2008, 04:29 PM
COMK & a movie with Mahesh Babu. Of course he couldn't make it for Sivaji Prod. :huh: I should have alert by this earlier. :sigh2:
Nambi kalutharututtAr. Enna ippadi polamba vatchuttAr :x

ajaybaskar
16th November 2008, 06:27 PM
me and my frnds met Gautam Menon in VA special show.....he confirmed that the next movie is with thalaivar music and mahesh babu as hero :thumbsup:

Gr8 news thalaivare...Gauthamku nalla kaalam arambichuduchu... :wink:

A.ANAND
17th November 2008, 06:30 AM
COMK & a movie with Mahesh Babu. Of course he couldn't make it for Sivaji Prod. :huh: I should have alert by this earlier. :sigh2:
nalla vela,VA story-ya thala kitta solli padam vantha ippadi irukkum!
ellarum padam maokka innu sollaranga vera!i will watch in colusium today!eppadi mokka-ya gautham edutu irukkar innu paapom! :D [haiya... jally.... :bluejump: :redjump:]

Thalafanz
17th November 2008, 06:48 AM
nalla vela,VA story-ya thala kitta solli padam vantha ippadi irukkum!
ellarum padam maokka innu sollaranga vera!i will watch in colusium today!eppadi mokka-ya gautham edutu irukkar innu paapom! :D [haiya... jally.... :bluejump: :redjump:]

Some say it's good & worth a watch. Give it a try. :)

A.ANAND
17th November 2008, 08:12 PM
COM movie-ya next GM hit kodukka vendiya situation-la ippa GM irukkar.illa-na aalu gali.

dinesh2002
17th November 2008, 10:01 PM
COM movie-ya next GM hit kodukka vendiya situation-la ippa GM irukkar.illa-na aalu gali.

this movie is a quicky...so do not hope so much on it... :)

A.ANAND
18th November 2008, 05:54 AM

this movie is a quicky...so do not hope so much on it... :)
2007-la irunthu intha project kedap-la irukku!

ajaybaskar
18th November 2008, 04:42 PM
Gautham Menon opens up
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, November 18, 2008]

In an exclusive interview to Indiaglitz Gautham Vasudev Menon has said that he is upset about his estranged relationship with Harris Jayaraj. 'Just as the media received emails from Harris I also received one about his decision not to work with me'.

'Of course there were incidents that happened before this decision from Harris. But I don't want to talk about them as he has not spoken about them' said Gautham Menon.

'When Mani Ratnam and Illayaraja broke up years ago not many actually paid much heed. Similarly there is no need to give much attention to our break-up as well' added Gautham.

Gautham went on to say that filmdom is a highly unpredictable industry and that anything could happen in the future. By saying this, is he hinting at a possibility of Harris and himself coming together for a film in the future? It will sure be good if that happens.

About his forthcoming projects, Gautham is gearing up to announce the start of a project very soon. Music would be by A. R. Rahman and the 'Varanam Aayiram' director would work with a new team for this venture which is expected to kick start very soon.

Gautham Menon also spoke at length about his father and the reason as to why he made 'Varanam Aayiram', Suriya's preparations for the film and also answered many questions fielded by critics of late.

ajaybaskar
18th November 2008, 04:50 PM
Gautham's interview to idlebrain.com

What is your next straight film in Telugu?

My next straight film in Telugu is with Mahesh Babu as hero. Manjula produces the film on Indira Productions banner. AR Rehman will compose music for the first time to a film of mine. It is a yuppie and trendy love story. I gave the bound script to Manjula. They are getting the dialogue version ready in Telugu.

http://www.idlebrain.com/celeb/interview/gowtammenon.html

SoftSword
18th November 2008, 05:53 PM
first time?????
then wat abt COM...

ajaybaskar
18th November 2008, 06:31 PM
first time?????
then wat abt COM...

He must've meant in telugu industry.... :)

vnkatkumar
19th November 2008, 01:07 PM
Heard about this news guys. i just got to know it all from this site which has been recently revamped and they seem to be coming up with news that seems authentic and quiet contradictory to those from others.

http://southside.in/buzz_details.php?buzz_id=80

SoftSword
19th November 2008, 01:32 PM
actually gautham was sent to harris only by arr rite??
now he is back to him when he no more has harris with him...

prasana84
19th November 2008, 08:23 PM
Gautham Menon speaks on 'Varanam Aayiram'
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, November 19, 2008]

Speaking on 'Varanam Aayiram' director Gautham Menon has said 'I did what I wanted to do and it has worked well. Though the mixed reviews affect me, I take it in my stride'.

Varanam Ayiram, which was released last week-end, has been designed as Gautham's tribute to his dad. The movie is about the bonding between a father and son.

'Though I have received mixed reviews, I feel the movie has human emotions which reach out well to the masses. All my artistes have played their parts well. Suriya, Simran, Sameera Reddy and Divya Spandana were close to real', he said.

Gautham is currently directing Trisha for 'Chennaiyil Oru Mazhaikalam', with musical score by A R Rahman.

A.ANAND
20th November 2008, 06:06 AM
Setting straight

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India_Buzz/Setting__straight/articleshow/3732716.cms

A.ANAND
20th November 2008, 06:07 AM
-edited-

Movies
20th November 2008, 07:43 AM
Anand, thanks!

That interview was quite revealing, maybe not about the actual incidents but about Gautham has been extremely accomodating.
Asking not to cast Surya is like peeping into Gautham's bedroom and stating Vetaiyadu Velayadu is gonna flop was just far fetched from HJ.

I think HJ took GM for granted rather than the other way around. Quite honestly Minnale had nothing in it except the music and Madhavan at that time, so certainly Gautham's first break was tahnks to HJ. As Gautham grew in stature, Gautham established a brand for himself, this must have slowly crept into HJ's psych. Gautham has been as gentleman like as possible. HJ stooped too low.

A.ANAND
20th November 2008, 04:19 PM
am seriously relieved: Gautham

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14802156

SoftSword
20th November 2008, 05:28 PM
So what next?
I have been working round the clock for the last few years. I have three sons and let me spend some time with them. I will be finishing Chennayil Oru Mazhaikalam and then I will be directing Mahesh Babu in Telugu. Both these films have music by A.R Rahman.

COM is alive yet :P

ajaybaskar
20th November 2008, 05:55 PM
So what next?
I have been working round the clock for the last few years. I have three sons and let me spend some time with them. I will be finishing Chennayil Oru Mazhaikalam and then I will be directing Mahesh Babu in Telugu. Both these films have music by A.R Rahman.

COM is alive yet :P

60% of the film is complete, I believe...

SoftSword
20th November 2008, 06:01 PM
ajay,
please complete the remaining 40% and release the music soon... :)

ajaybaskar
20th November 2008, 06:13 PM
ajay,

Tell this to our fellow hubber MADDY. He is very close to GM. Kattipidichu sandai podura alavukku friends.... :lol:

SoftSword
20th November 2008, 06:26 PM
ajay,

Tell this to our fellow hubber MADDY. He is very close to GM. Kattipidichu sandai podura alavukku friends.... :lol:

apdiyaa...
Maddy GM'kooda sandaipodrappo yaarai kattipidippaaru?? :roll:

dinesh2002
20th November 2008, 06:32 PM
Harris Jayaraj issued a press release stating that Vaaranam Aayiram is his last film with you which shocked your fans. Please comment?
I was also shocked especially when it came on the day before the release of our film. Trust me, I too came to know about it when I got a similar mail from Harris that had gone to the media. I think, we could have talked about it instead of him going public. Maybe my decision to work with A R Rahman in my next two ventures might have irked him. But it was not purely my decision but my producers call.

Bolded = SHAME ON U HARRIS, ur not a profressional music director after all!!! :? behaving so low like this....

[i]italic = what the??? wouldnt the producer will be more glad if Gautham-Harris factor is there?? weird!!!

littlemaster1982
20th November 2008, 06:34 PM
Dinesh,

I think we can give it a break for GM-Harris fiasco. What say? :)

thilak4life
20th November 2008, 06:38 PM
Sakarakatti madhiri padathukku pOta (if he really has guts in the first place), enna solvarO harris?

Vaz
20th November 2008, 06:51 PM
Hopefully for us... After Shankar opted for HJ in Anniyan, ARR didn't take it personal and issue such a childish statement... Way to go Harris!

SoftSword
20th November 2008, 06:59 PM
guess it was ARR who sent GM to harris for minnalae, as he was busy then...

dinesh2002
20th November 2008, 07:44 PM
think u guys should stop it, if not LM will blame everything on me for starting it.....

littlemaster1982
20th November 2008, 08:02 PM
Cool down Dinesh :D I won't blame anyone. Just that I felt this is getting redundant.

A.ANAND
21st November 2008, 07:11 AM
think u guys should stop it, if not LM will blame everything on me for starting it.....

dinesh,i think we would stop from here!HJ patti naama coment panna, sila arr fans kova padarannga!aana HJ fans vanthu innga arr patti coment panna,atha kanndukka mattarnga :oops: ivangga ellam unmaiyile 'true arr fans'innu santhegam than varuthu :cry:

Movies
21st November 2008, 08:06 AM
-deleted with warning-

A.ANAND
25th November 2008, 11:08 AM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14804735
chat with gautham today 4.00pm in sify.com

ajaybaskar
25th November 2008, 01:10 PM
Hopefully for us... After Shankar opted for HJ in Anniyan, ARR didn't take it personal and issue such a childish statement... Way to go Harris!

Yeah..Exactly...Moreover, ARR-Shankar combo cannot be even compared with HJ-GM. Thats the height of their success. But still neither ARR nor Shankar commented on that issue. That shows their respect for others. :)

kutti_anand
25th November 2008, 01:17 PM
Harris Jayaraj issued a press release stating that Vaaranam Aayiram is his last film with you which shocked your fans. Please comment?
I was also shocked especially when it came on the day before the release of our film. Trust me, I too came to know about it when I got a similar mail from Harris that had gone to the media. I think, we could have talked about it instead of him going public. Maybe my decision to work with A R Rahman in my next two ventures might have irked him. But it was not purely my decision but my producers call.

Bolded = SHAME ON U HARRIS, ur not a profressional music director after all!!! :? behaving so low like this....

[i]italic = what the??? wouldnt the producer will be more glad if Gautham-Harris factor is there?? weird!!!

Atleast now, ARR got a good director...... After maniratnam and shankar, the third slot is empty......

For next two films? Did he mean the Ajith movie?

A.ANAND
26th November 2008, 07:18 AM
kvk1982 asks How did the decision to work with AR come about?
gautham says I have always wanted to work with him

harishah.1 asks How is Chennaiiil mazhai songs coming along??
gautham says Really beautiful music

vinothbitsgoa asks Do you think AR Rahman would create the same magic with you as Harris did?
gautham says I am very sure

BIT CHAT WITH GAUTHAM IN SIFY.COM

ajaybaskar
26th November 2008, 11:28 AM
[tscii:557c4f7b59]Gautham & Rahman - One more!

November 25, 2008

While Harris has gone on records about his rift with Gautham Menon and announced about his split with the director, the latter remained tightlipped about the whole issue. Soon enough, as if to acknowledge the split officially, Gautham has recently struck a deal with A R Rahman for his Telugu venture produced by the UTV Motion Pictures

with Mahesh Babu in the lead. Kollywood sources predict that Gautham’s association with Rahman will continue in his future projects too. Rahman is also scoring for Gautham’s Chennayil Oru Mazhaikaalam, which is reportedly 60 per cent complete.
It is to be noted that the recently released Vaaranam Aayiram has blockbuster music scored by Harris.

[/tscii:557c4f7b59]

A.ANAND
27th November 2008, 01:17 PM
http://tamil.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/26112008-1.shtml

dinesh2002
28th November 2008, 01:01 PM
Updates of Chennayil Oru Mazhai Kaalam from Gautham :

rajkiran.4 asks When will Chennaiyil oru mazhaykalam realese?
gautham says April

srihari.krishnan asks What is the current status of Chennaiyl Ouru Mazhai Kalam?
gautham says Half way through

About Gautham and Illayaraja to work, it seems some1 said Gautham is a big fan of Illayaraja and is dying to work with him :lol:

shankarj123 asks You seem to be a great fan of Ilayaraja - why are you not joining hands with him? Do you have any plans in the near future?
gautham says No plans

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14805478

A.ANAND
28th November 2008, 01:36 PM
after COM,another movie with arr new comer and team will direct by GM with our boss!

RehmanFan
30th November 2008, 01:39 PM
kvk1982 asks How did the decision to work with AR come about?
gautham says I have always wanted to work with him

vinothbitsgoa asks Do you think AR Rahman would create the same magic with you as Harris did?
gautham says I am very sure

BIT CHAT WITH GAUTHAM IN SIFY.COM

8-)

rayan36
1st December 2008, 12:24 PM
:bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump:

ajaybaskar
14th January 2009, 12:57 PM
[tscii:3a1854fe09]About your break-up with Harris
(chuckles) It is almost like a husband and wife split. The email that was circulated to the press was sent to me also. I am very upset about it. Whatever it was, it could have been discussed with me and we could have kept it within ourselves. I am disappointed with that. Anyway such break-ups have been there in the industry. Mani Ratnam, Ilayaraja. Right now, I am working with A R Rahman.

What’s it like, working with A R Rahman?

Tremendous! He understands me and I'm getting a feel about how he works. We have discussed a couple of scripts and he is gung-ho about them. He called me recently and gave me around 7-8 tunes with a laptop and asked me to listen and pull down the songs that I like. They are good! I have always looked to work with him not because I don’t like Harris or I don’t get along with Harris. I just thought I can work with Rahman and go back to Harris and vice versa. But now it looks like it will be Rahman alone.

Compare Harris and Rahman

The whole approach, story discussion, time of meeting- everything is different. With Harris it’s like between two friends talking. With Rahman, there is some kind of reverence, awe. We are in the process of understanding each other.

Will you beat Mani Ratnam and Shankar in getting the best out of Rahman?

I don’t want to outdo them, or mean to outdo them. But I want the best out of Rahman for myself. I am passionate about music. When I write I listen to music. There is always a song in my head. Any new film comes, I pick up the CD in the hope that I get to listen to a good song. So I’ll go all out to get a good song from Rahman. With some people it comes spontaneously. Uyirin Uyire was composed in 20 minutes in a studio at K K Nagar. We never went to New York or any exotic locales to arrive at the song.

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Interviews/interview-5/director/gautham-menon.html[/tscii:3a1854fe09]

MumbaiRamki
14th January 2009, 10:08 PM
Updates of Chennayil Oru Mazhai Kaalam from Gautham :

rajkiran.4 asks When will Chennaiyil oru mazhaykalam realese?
gautham says April

srihari.krishnan asks What is the current status of Chennaiyl Ouru Mazhai Kalam?
gautham says Half way through

About Gautham and Illayaraja to work, it seems some1 said Gautham is a big fan of Illayaraja and is dying to work with him :lol:

shankarj123 asks You seem to be a great fan of Ilayaraja - why are you not joining hands with him? Do you have any plans in the near future?
gautham says No plans

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14805478

HE is fan of illayaraaja is v v true - but i don't think he said he wants to work with him

MADDY
15th January 2009, 12:17 AM
HE is fan of illayaraaja is v v true - but i don't think he said he wants to work with him

this way, he is insulting both the greats..........i dont think ARRahman needs to work with a man who think IR is best, and IR doesent need such a ignominy of his own fans neglecting him and working with ARR

yes, its commercial reasons - aattukutti, but thalaivar needs to have a check on such things