PDA

View Full Version : Best INTRODUCTION for a hero / any character

raaja_rasigan
6th July 2007, 11:58 AM
After seeing "Sivaji -The BOSS" Rajini's introduction :( - This thread will be interesting in discussing about some great as well as cool & funny intro's given for the lead characters.

Best thing that comes in my mind first:

i) Thalapathi - Rajini - great work by Ilayaraaja :thumbsup: for raising the standard of this intro scene

ii) Murattukaalai - Rajini - Simple but effective bcoz of the presence of Rajini

iii) vettaiyadu vilayadu - kamal

iv) Captain Prabakaran - vijayakanth

vi) Dheena - Ajith :thumbsup:

Different / cool intro:

Sigappu Rojakkal - kamal

crajkumar_be
6th July 2007, 12:02 PM
Thevar Magan Dance Intro

sriranga
6th July 2007, 12:02 PM
manithan - senthil introduction :lol:

for rajni, muthu was the best.
arunachalam, with rudram recital and swami dharshan before rajni darshan, was good too.

joe
6th July 2007, 12:08 PM
NT Intro in Deiva Magan.

Atleast for 10 mins ,his face not shown ..Only his walk ,back..then finally He shows his Vigaaramana Mugam.

selvakumar
6th July 2007, 12:14 PM
Favorites:
Dheena - :clap: :notworthy:
Vaali - :notworthy: Telephone rings and Deva concentrates on reading the newspaper - subtle byt powerful intro for a Deaf & Dumb character ! SJS :clap:
Villan - :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: A different one indeed !
Attagaasam - GURU Intro :smokesmirk:

Intro - As of now, Karka Karka in VV ! - pretty different and yet to be surpassed by anyone.

Wibha
6th July 2007, 12:14 PM
i loved run and alaipayuthey intro :clap:

selvakumar
6th July 2007, 12:15 PM

:roll:
For Madhavan, it must be Minnalae & Run. AP :|

ajaybaskar
6th July 2007, 12:23 PM
FOR ITV- Gilli, Tirupachi and Sivakasi.

:redjump: :bluejump:

MADDY
6th July 2007, 12:23 PM
for me the best intro ever (for a newcomer)-
Madhavan's intro in Alaipauthey - Enrenrum Punnagai song........"Chennai Mozart" wud have rocked in the title song.........and Madhavan's smile and stylish bike riding along with title credits......Maniratnam in his elements :clap:

Muthu intro - the grand music and thalaivar;s 20 feet jump to reach horse.....:clap:

and of course the eternal intro scene of the "bold" MGR in enga veettu pillai.......
after the "kozha" MGR gets beaten by nambiar, pandri bai: "indha aniyayathha kaetka yaarumae illaya"
scene cuts to the bold MGR "naa irukkaen" and thrashes some goondas.........i think this scene has been copied atleast 1000 times in tamil cinemas.......:clap:

villain Ajith's intro in varalaaru..........super punch.....gokka makka :lol:

Wibha
6th July 2007, 12:24 PM

:roll:
For Madhavan, it must be Minnalae & Run. AP :|

yes forgot minnalea :D

AP i liked it though :D

P_R
6th July 2007, 01:25 PM
Thevar Magan Dance Intro a classic !

Virumaandi......... Kamal exchanging, far from refines, glances AbirAmi and jumping from the electric pole .........with Pasupathi's v-o "ethiringravan vaanathulErnthu vandhu kudhikkiradhillai" :thumbsup:

crajkumar_be
6th July 2007, 01:28 PM

Virumaandi......... Kamal exchanging, far from refines, glances AbirAmi and jumping from the electric pole .........with Pasupathi's v-o "ethiringravan vaanathulErnthu vandhu kudhikkiradhillai" :thumbsup:
Yes. In these two instances, though its as commercial as it can get, the intro didn't stick out. It blended very well with the screenplay.

Another unconventional but powerful intro - Guna, Nataraja pose from the back :clap:

Devar Magan
6th July 2007, 01:33 PM

Virumaandi......... Kamal exchanging, far from refines, glances AbirAmi and jumping from the electric pole .........with Pasupathi's v-o "ethiringravan vaanathulErnthu vandhu kudhikkiradhillai" :thumbsup:these are the two best ever intro scenes IMO. :yes:

thilak4life
6th July 2007, 01:36 PM
K's intro in MMKR
Karthik's intro in Mouna Ragam
Midget kamal in AS

S.Balaji
6th July 2007, 04:38 PM
Guys,

I may be a bit outdated but pl see the opening song MANNAVAN VANDHANADI fm the movie Thiruvarutchelvar !

Nadigar thilagam will give a royal walk ( a king actually ) while Padmini will be dancing with grace !

A wonderful start to a movie !

Infact, its one of the best starts to any Shivaji movie ! :D

P_R
6th July 2007, 05:08 PM
K's intro in MMKR u mean intros.. :P
Though Madan's and Michael's are more stylish, I like Kameswaran's intro the best. Begins with a bang:

"Ei...aarakkum adhu ?....plate-Oda vegetables-ai thookki adikkaradhu ?" :lol:

raaja_rasigan
6th July 2007, 05:10 PM
Guys,

I may be a bit outdated

OLD IS GOLD :D

joe
6th July 2007, 08:12 PM
Guys,

I may be a bit outdated but pl see the opening song MANNAVAN VANDHANADI fm the movie Thiruvarutchelvar !

Nadigar thilagam will give a royal walk ( a king actually ) while Padmini will be dancing with grace !

Yes :D

Another one ...Staring with 'O! Maanida Jaathiye" song in Vasantha MaaLigai

great
6th July 2007, 08:15 PM

Best intros :thumbsup:

pEriyakulam jallikattu famous aachu ivanaalaE :notworthy:

m_23_bayarea
6th July 2007, 09:07 PM
I thought Rajini's introduction in SIVAJI was the most realistic in the past decade of all his other movies! Nothin like an intro song, stunt sequence, or punch dialogue! Just a character (accused) in the movie walkin to prison with handcuffs and masks! Awesome one I thought... 8-) 8-) 8-)

In fact, when I saw the intro, I thought Shankar had something FABULOUS in the script! :oops:

Too unfortunate, the creator of this thread used this intro as a bad one to begin the thread! :roll:

atqsar72
6th July 2007, 09:35 PM
VV -- Karkka Karkka Song

Dalapathi -- Rajini intro (With Raajas' great RR)

thilak4life
6th July 2007, 09:51 PM
K's intro in MMKR u mean intros.. :P
Though Madan's and Michael's are more stylish, I like Kameswaran's intro the best. Begins with a bang:

"Ei...aarakkum adhu ?....plate-Oda vegetables-ai thookki adikkaradhu ?" :lol:

I was referring to K(ameswaran) only. :D

P_R
6th July 2007, 10:49 PM
I was referring to K(ameswaran) only. :D Oh....like like same same

Kreedam
6th July 2007, 11:49 PM
Dheena -- What an intro :thumbsup: thumbsup: thumbsup:

VILLAN : Awesome :thumbsup: thumbsup:

KAMAL : VIRUMANDI :thumbsup:

Rajini : Muthu :thumbsup:

ATTAGASAM Guru Intro :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Best of AJit's intro is yet to come... yea it is gonna be BILLA!!!

dell_gt
7th July 2007, 06:43 AM
kamal --> nayagan --> angry young man, facing the water presure with his anger on his face...

Kamal-->VV--> DCP Ragavan

Kamal-->Thenali--> kamal will jump following with the dog behind :lol:

Kamal-->Virumandi-->from electric kambam

Kamal-->Guna-->stand on top of the hill

tacinema
7th July 2007, 07:42 AM
Guys,

Yes :D

Another one ...Staring with 'O! Maanida Jaathiye" song in Vasantha MaaLigai

Joe & Balaji,

Great introductory NT scenes. We could go outdated, but NT and his styles never be outdated.

Here some more :

** Gauravam - introduction of Sr.NT. Simply unbelievable. NT's face is not yet shown - Major Sundarajan as Mohandas is crying and pleading for help in the court. While coming out of court and about to get into the car, NT's feet turn toward Major's side and watches him crying. Then travel back home (YGMahendran as his car driver) - Pandari Bai as NT's wife welcomes him as usual and here NT comes with a stylish dialog: Pattu pudavai kattenna Nookum 10 varusham younga thaan theriyudhu!! What a beautiful delivery!. First, here comes Jr. NT's introduction with coffee for his Periyappa. What a build up and fans are eagerly waiting for Sr.NT's introduction -- Here comes our NT with wine glass in hand and screaming on the phone -- NT's introduction as Barristar Rajnikanth. One of the most outstanding and powerful introduction scene for any heroes in tamil cinema - no fight, no aruval, no jumping over the villain - simple, stylish and powerful introduction. I have known some NT fans skip the current show and instead go to next, if they know this scene is already gone.

** Bale Pandiya - Introduction of Rowdy Maruthu character - sitting with a gang and smoking beedi

** Sivandha Maan - A picture frame breaks and Muthuraman's mothers says that the glass is broken only on your side and the other side is intact - the other side has got NT picture in it. Now, the camera focusses on handsome NT in the picture with nice background music. What a festival in the theater and NT appears on-screen.

** Raja - I dont remember the scene but I am sure that is great to watch. I think Saradha madam covered this in part 2 of NT thread.

There are many more to add here.

thilak4life
7th July 2007, 10:21 AM
kamal --> nayagan --> angry young man, facing the water presure with his anger on his face...

I liked it :)

Kumar
8th July 2007, 05:08 PM

Yup, one of my favourites too.

The one I like is from Guna. From the start, it's Kamal's back that we see (far from the usual heroic frontal intros). His Natarajan pose is also a parody on the god-like status most audience attribute to their favourite heroes. Then, in the ultimate break from tradition, Guna gets beaten up.

raaja_rasigan
9th July 2007, 09:09 AM

I liked it :)

Similar to thenali... kamal is introduced in a chase scene..

vetri vizha

raaja_rasigan
9th July 2007, 09:15 AM
I thought Rajini's introduction in SIVAJI was the most realistic in the past decade of all his other movies! Nothin like an intro song, stunt sequence, or punch dialogue! Just a character (accused) in the movie walkin to prison with handcuffs and masks! Awesome one I thought... 8-) 8-) 8-)

In fact, when I saw the intro, I thought Shankar had something FABULOUS in the script! :oops:

Too unfortunate, the creator of this thread used this intro as a bad one to begin the thread! :roll:

Rajini means gethu, a mass hero.....
sankar oru brammandamana director...
when 2 of them joins.... i expected a lot...

infact when i saw pokkiri (i really don't like vijay.. accidentally i saw the film) in theater with my friend, i told to him..... vijaykke padam ippadi irukke... sankaru sivaji'la pinni pedal eduthurupparulla... 8-)

after seeing sivaji ... :cry:

raaja_rasigan
9th July 2007, 09:19 AM
Sathyaraj intro in

VIKRAM

x: sir vandi vandhuruchu

sathyaraj: nesamava? vadhiyangala eduthuttu munnadi ponga... na muhurthathukku (or katcherikku) vandhurraen :lol:

raaja_rasigan
9th July 2007, 09:47 AM
I thought Rajini's introduction in SIVAJI was the most realistic in the past decade of all his other movies! Nothin like an intro song, stunt sequence, or punch dialogue!

Rajadhi Raja - Rajini's intro 8-)

one of the most coolest of Rajini's intro's, similar to that in Sivaji in airport....

ada rendum ore madhiri'lla irukku :shock:

bingleguy
9th July 2007, 09:52 AM
KamalHaasan ....
Normally very simple intros.... like Kuruthi punal, THevar Magan, Hey Ram etc ;-)

Rajinikanth .....
Rocking Intros with song ..... Baasha, Annamalai and more . ...

Vijay
More of Rajini style .......

raaja_rasigan
9th July 2007, 09:52 AM
Rajini in kodiparakkudhu :)

- En kodi parakka vendiya edathula vera yevan kodiyum parakka koodadhu

- unna poratti poratti edukka pora padhinaaru vayathinile parattai

bingleguy
9th July 2007, 09:53 AM
:roll: Veeraachaamy la namma VTR ??????????

:rotfl: enna solradhu ne enakku theiryala ... andha scene ai patthutu .... andha dappa room kulla enna pannikittu irundhaaro ????

ThalaNass
9th July 2007, 11:26 AM
Shreya's intro in Sivaji.. :P with that Sahara pookal BGM.. cool...

ajaybaskar
9th July 2007, 11:32 AM
Gounder's intro in Baba

Vadivelu's intro in Winner

Vivek's intro in Aadhi

joe
9th July 2007, 11:35 AM
Aattu kutti Intro in Aattukaara alamelu

ThalaNass
9th July 2007, 11:36 AM
Santhanam's intro in SSUE

ThalaNass
9th July 2007, 11:36 AM
Aattu kutti Intro in Aattukaara alamelu

:rotfl2: :thumbsup:

lavanya22rit
9th July 2007, 11:38 AM
Vijayakanth's intro in Kshatriyan was simple and much different from his usual intros...hats off to maniratnam

raaja_rasigan
9th July 2007, 11:59 AM
Vijayakanth's intro in Kshatriyan was simple and much different from his usual intros...hats off to maniratnam

I think it will be similar to Ramana where Vijaykant prepares Dosa, after the kidnapping scene

lavanya22rit
9th July 2007, 12:42 PM

I think it will be similar to Ramana where Vijaykant prepares Dosa, after the kidnapping scene

:yes: :exactly:

And it was much better than the Ramana intro as well

anoops
9th July 2007, 01:01 PM
Vikram's intro for Gemini / Saami was also good!!

raaja_rasigan
9th July 2007, 02:05 PM
CBI Vijaykanth's intro in PERARASU

really ROCKS :yes:

thilak4life
9th July 2007, 02:07 PM
Kamal's, Gounder's, Mano's, Vadivelu's, Charlie's, and finally Kushboo's intro in Singaravelan. :lol:

rami
9th July 2007, 03:50 PM
PPl, uve missed some of the cool intros of Kamal.

Punnagai Mannan : Chaplin Kamals intro.
Aboorva sagotharargal : Intros for both Kamals

Of course Oru Kaithiyin Diary intro of Inspector Kamal is one of my favs..

Father Kamal wud have asked his friend Janakaraj to bring up his son as a criminal whereas he wud have done otherwise... The emotion old Kamal shows when he learns that his son is actually a Police Officer is awesome .. :clap: :clap: :clap:

raaja_rasigan
9th July 2007, 05:06 PM
PPl, uve missed some of the cool intros of Kamal.

Punnagai Mannan : Chaplin Kamals intro.
Aboorva sagotharargal : Intros for both Kamals

Of course Oru Kaithiyin Diary intro of Inspector Kamal is one of my favs..

Father Kamal wud have asked his friend Janakaraj to bring up his son as a criminal whereas he wud have done otherwise... The emotion old Kamal shows when he learns that his son is actually a Police Officer is awesome .. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Where is my son?

there comes younger kamal :clap:

murukku meesai (like soora samharam) driving the Enfield Bullet

rami
9th July 2007, 05:30 PM
Kamals introduction in Anbe Sivam .. :notworthy: :notworthy:

rami
9th July 2007, 05:32 PM
Abbas's introduction in Kandukondein ... the situation and the introduction was apt..(Ash will tell some kavithai .. ) I wish there was someone else in the place of Abbas .. :banghead:

Kumar
10th July 2007, 07:20 AM
Aattu kutti Intro in Aattukaara alamelu :lol: :rotfl: :clap:

joe
10th July 2007, 07:30 AM
Aattu kutti Intro in Aattukaara alamelu :lol: :rotfl: :clap:

பின்ன என்ன குமார் ! சிறந்த அறிமுக காட்சியிண்ணா கொஞ்சம் விசேடமான ,தனித்தன்மை உள்ள சிலவற்றை பட்டியலிட்டால் பரவாயில்லை ..மானாவாரியாக எல்லாவற்றையும் சொல்லி சிறந்தவற்றுக்கும் மிகச்சாதாரணமானவற்றுக்கும் வித்தியாசம் இல்லாம பண்ணிடுறது நம்ம தமிழனோட தனித்தன்மை .கண்டமட்டுக்கு சமீபத்துல பார்த்த படத்துல காமெடியன் அறிமுகம் ,ஹீரோயின் தோழி அறிமுகம் இதையெல்லாம் தமிழ் சினிமா வரலாற்றின் சிறந்த அறிமுகமா வரிசைப்படுத்தினா ஒரு அர்த்தம் இல்லாம போயிடுது.

bingleguy
10th July 2007, 08:03 AM
Kamal's, Gounder's, Mano's, Vadivelu's, Charlie's, and finally Kushboo's intro in Singaravelan. :lol:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Wonderful ............

ohhhhhhhh sattai melai evvalaoooo buttons :rotfl:

bingleguy
10th July 2007, 08:07 AM
Rani Mukherjee's intro in Hey Ram ....... her eyes :-) wow ..... killing eyes.....

SRK and Kamal intro in the olden Mohenjadaro excavation site..... the face turning into the skeleton .....

dell_gt
10th July 2007, 09:09 AM

Guys.... is Kshatriyan directed by maniratnam?

crajkumar_be
10th July 2007, 09:14 AM
Guys.... is Kshatriyan directed by maniratnam?
I don't think so... I'm not sure.. but i think it's produced and/or written by MR

littlemaster1982
10th July 2007, 09:16 AM
Kshatriyan is directed by Subash. It is produced by Maniratnam and he wrote the Screenplay too...

raaja_rasigan
10th July 2007, 02:04 PM
Kshatriyan is directed by Subash. It is produced by Maniratnam and he wrote the Screenplay too...

SATHRIYAN

by AALAYAM Productions - Maniratnam & Sriram

madhus369
1st August 2007, 08:50 PM
Rajni in 'Thalapathy'.

Besides that, pretty much any Rajini entrance is memorable.

As for others, Karthik's entrance in Mouna Ragam was trendsetting.

P_R
1st August 2007, 10:40 PM
As for others, Karthik's entrance in Mouna Ragam was trendsetting. It is a beautiful intro. His name is called out and we just see the blurry outline as the camera is straight at the sun. He steps in (throwing away his ciggie ?) completely blocking the sun, and we see him with a casual look on his face. He proceeds out of the frame and we are blinking at the sun again.

ManiRatnam- PC Sreeram :thumbsup:

m_23_bayarea
1st August 2007, 10:47 PM
Maddy's intro in MINNALE! 8-)

RPB
1st August 2007, 11:04 PM
FAVOURITE VIJAY INTRO

GHILLE-AACHU POOCHU.......,STYLA CIGGARETTE PATHAVAIPAAR,ANTHA SCENE 100 TIMES COUNTINOUSA PAATHA KOODA BORE ADIKAATHU,SEMA GATHU :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :smokesmirk:

SIVAKASI-AWSOME INTRO :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

SACHIN-SONG INTRO CLASSIC :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

groucho070
2nd August 2007, 08:54 AM
I know this should be written elsewhere, but what the heck.

The film Deiva Magan (1969).

Opening scene: It's heavy rain (now it's cliche, those days it was stylish), a man walks into a doctor's room in a hospital. We don't see his face, but situation is tense.

The man, face unseen, questions the doctor on the situation. Apparently someone gave birth. His wife. The child? Alive. And something wrong with it, as with this man. He gets angry. Why didn't you kill the child? What's wrong with this man? The doctor is shocked, but he knows why. And we are too.

Suddenly, after enough suspense, the camera reveals the man. It's NT with one side of his face badly scarred (think of Two-Face, Batman fans). It was shocking for its time. It's terrible. Now we know what is going on. And we know that the rest of the movie will be one hell of a ride, which it is....

That, to me, one of the best intro scene ever. It's not heroic. But it defined the dark, tragic feel of the movie overall. Very noir-ish. The film itself, I'd say, one of very few with film noirs tone in Tamil cinema.

I know it doesn't look like it fits here, but I thought I should speak on behalf of NT fans.

Sorry for spoiling the fun, guys. :)

Kumar
2nd August 2007, 02:49 PM

Opening scene: It's heavy rain (now it's cliche, those days it was stylish), a man walks into a doctor's room in a hospital. We don't see his face, but situation is tense.

The man, face unseen, questions the doctor on the situation. Apparently someone gave birth. His wife. The child? Alive. And something wrong with it, as with this man. He gets angry. Why didn't you kill the child? What's wrong with this man? The doctor is shocked, but he knows why. And we are too.

Suddenly, after enough suspense, the camera reveals the man. It's NT with one side of his face badly scarred (think of Two-Face, Batman fans). It was shocking for its time. It's terrible. Now we know what is going on. And we know that the rest of the movie will be one hell of a ride, which it is....

That, to me, one of the best intro scene ever. It's not heroic. But it defined the dark, tragic feel of the movie overall. Very noir-ish. The film itself, I'd say, one of very few with film noirs tone in Tamil cinema.

I know it doesn't look like it fits here, but I thought I should speak on behalf of NT fans.

Sorry for spoiling the fun, guys. :)

No apologies needed groucho; this is a fantastic intro! I love it.

Raikkonen
7th August 2007, 10:30 AM
Perarasu's intro in Sivakasi

Solli adikirathula Ghilli
Sollama adikirathula Thirupachi
Solliyum Sollama Solandu adikurathula sivakasi... sivakaasi.. sivakaasi

Ultimate greatest ever

RATHEESHAJITH
15th August 2007, 08:37 PM
THALA AJITH------AMARKKALAM,DHEENA,
ATTAHASAM,KIREEDOM :thumbsup:

RAJINI ------- PADAYAPPA,CHANDRAMUKHI

KAMAL ------ VIRUMAANDI,VETTAYADU VILAYADU

joe
15th August 2007, 09:10 PM

:thumbsup:

raaja_rasigan
31st August 2007, 11:46 AM
Arjun's intro in:

Jai Hind

very cool one

Kollywoodfan
31st August 2007, 08:42 PM
Jyothika in Manmadhan or I should say Simbhu's second intro in her dream. I think that was the first time I saw a character opening like that :shock:

raaja_rasigan
3rd September 2007, 09:38 PM
Sathyaraj's intro in "vidinja kalyanam"

Raikkonen
4th September 2007, 09:47 AM
Vijaykanth's intro in Gajendra was very powerful
"Naan Messayai sundi vutta enna avumnu teriyuma?"
Two gundas will fly. :lol:

RATHEESHAJITH
4th September 2007, 10:37 AM
Vijaykanth's intro in Gajendra was very powerful
"Naan Messayai sundi vutta enna avumnu teriyuma?"