PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Tamil Wedding Ceremony !!!!

rathakovn
5th July 2007, 05:22 PM
[tscii:37900e66ae]This wedding is by a movement in India by the famous Manitha Naeyar Master Dr Gabriel S.S - is the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Dynamic Self Awakening (M) Sdn. Bhd., a company incorporated in Malaysia under the Companies Act, 1965. The company is wholly owned and managed by Dr Gabriel S.S.

The principal activity of the company is to provide courses, trainings, seminars and workshops of every nature and description in every area of personal, business and human resources development. Dr Gabriel is the Principal Trainer, Facilitator and Chief Executive of the company.

Since 2001, Dr Gabriel has ventured to the heart of the Tamil Nadu, the origin of Tamil Race and centre of culture, and conducted courses and workshops in Chennai. Kavingar Snehan (” Kalyanam Kattikuttu Odi Polama” song writer) is one of the main person in charge for the Tamil Nadu operation.watch the video www.123indianonline.com for more information ....

What is this going to be tamil culture wedding ?????

Its could be fine for normal occasions ceremonies but ..... tamil wedding ceremony well blended with meanings. Every single steps of indian wedding got hidden meaning. How we can deny that ?
[/tscii:37900e66ae]

avii
6th July 2007, 10:10 PM
could someone just give a brief idea of what a tamil wedding involves ???????? :roll: :?:

rathakovn
15th July 2007, 06:02 AM
What is the purpose of tying "thali" for womens as married symbols ? whereby man free from those things. There will be reason for it but most of them don't understand , including me !

:roll:

Anyone know the knowledge please do reply... thanks. Its will be useful information for many people like me. :wink:

ishwaria
21st August 2007, 08:38 AM
Indian weddings are just full of nonsense. When i was preparing for my marriage there were so many nonsensical restrictions. Yet when i asked the people why do i have to follow all these, nobody had an answer. All they can say is that "Thats how its done. Its supposed to be like that. Its good for you!" I think 99% of them do not know the real and correct reasons behind the customs. They just follow it blindly. Here are some of my personal experiences.
1) when the girl's family visits the guy"s family, the girl cannot go over. It is just not right.
2) my wedding was in dec and june i went to india for holidays. So i wanted to buy my wedding sari there due to the wider selections that were available. But there was a big issue saying that it is too soon to buy it cos it makes it seem that i am waiting for my wedding and it will delay or drag the day away. Does it make sense people?
3)And of course there was the colour issue. Only red or yellow.
4)bangle ceremony- the guy cannot come to the girl's house.
5) Thali prayer- girl cannot go to guys house.
6)3 days before wedding, you cannot step out of the house. if not something bad will happen
7)The person who loves me the most, my mum, cannot participate actively in anything cos she is a widow.....
Does any of this makes sense? Bloody indian beliefs. I dont think anyone can love me more than my mum. Yet she is pushed away just like that. Let me tell you all that i did not follow any of this bloody nonsense. I insisted that they do not make sense and did it the way i liked. I made my mum stand in the front during the wedding, i bought the sari i liked, I visited my husband's family. He attended the bangle ceremony....etc.
We are still happily married and nothing went wrong. Wake up your ideas people. Dont just blindly follow customs that make no sense. Question everything........ there might have been a reason to do all these in those days but the world is changing. Some things or practices will just get out-dated. We are in the 21st century and we do not need to be bogged down by ancient beliefs.
I am sure that you all agree that we are a generation that is more educated and knowlegeable. Hence i will say we are smarter than our ancestors and even our parents. We can consider their suggestions but dont follow it blindly. Think it out for yourself. Afterall we are the only creation of god that has the ability to think and rationalise. So do it!

pavalamani pragasam
22nd August 2007, 07:27 AM
:clap: Admirable rationalism, ishwaria! Widows are no more shunned in functions. Times have changed. Regarding outdated/irrelevant/meaningless customs most of the people lack the spine to break them- plain cowardice, deeply embedded fear that some ill might follow breaking them. Though we are technologically, rationally advancing emotionally we are still slaves to some blind beliefs! But this will change!

Sanguine Sridhar
22nd August 2007, 08:39 AM
What is the purpose of tying "thali" for womens as married symbols ? whereby man free from those things. There will be reason for it but most of them don't understand , including me !

Earlier, married men were identified by the "metti" which they wore like a married female wearng now . As time passed this metti got tranfered to the opposite sex. Male chauvinism? I dont know. Anybody know the reason?

ishwaria
22nd August 2007, 09:24 AM
Thanks PP,

I agree with you that widows may not be publically scorned and shunned like those days but they are still sliently discriminated.
It has been 13 years since my father passed away. Although my mum gets invited to weddings and bangle ceremonies, she is never invited to do the blessing rituals (if you now what i mean). When my father was around, she will be the first lady to be approached by people to bless the bride to be and adorn her with bangles and flowers. So just because my father is no more, my mum is not fit to bless anyone? Wont you call this slient discrimination?

Wouldnt the person who lost a life partner be the one who understands the value of a relationship more than anyone else? So wouldnt she be the one who would truly and sincerely bless you to have a beautiful and happy and lasting relationship?

I think metti was for both men and women but nowadays most people dont use it at all. Its just worn on the wedding day and after that most people remove it. It was worn by men so that when a woman walks pass him she will know that he is married. A women is supposed to look down and walk remember?
I think a metti has no use in this mordern generation. Firstly because covered shoes is not going to show anything. Secondly i dont think women nowadays walk with their heads down. I think a ring is a more logical ornament to wear.

pavalamani pragasam
23rd August 2007, 07:05 AM
ishwaria, your arguments are very true. Widow discrimination is bound to be eradicated in future. Some communities are particular about married women wearing metti. Ours is not. But when I went from place to place moving with other communities I began wearing it seeing the respect it had. A silver ornament is agreeable too! When it was the fashion I too wore it on 3 toes! Now have come back to one! It pleases a woman's vanity as all other jewels!!! :clap: Men wearing metti for women to know his marital status is new explanation to me, I thought the vice versa was true!

Lambretta
13th October 2007, 10:22 AM

Earlier, married men were identified by the "metti" which they wore like a married female wearng now . As time passed this metti got tranfered to the opposite sex. Male chauvinism? I dont know. Anybody know the reason?
In communities where men need to wear the pOONal (sacred thread) the married men have to wear 6 strands as opposed to the bachelors 3 strands....but this is unfortunately (I mean in this context!) not a feature in all communities.....unlike in case of Thaali where women of all communities have to wear it...