PDA

View Full Version : Pravin Mani

Oldposts
26th December 2004, 09:00 AM
Topic started by sullan (@ 64.231.173.124) on Sat Dec 4 14:16:02 EST 2004.

Pravin Mani's Dancer Audio songs has been released. any news?

Oldposts
heard a cool song from dancer on Radio Mirchi today.typical pm style..nice funky slap bass and harmonies .any mp3s around anybody?

Oldposts
unable to dl from mohankumars !
some snippets here....1
www.dancerthemovie.com
<a name="last"></a>

dinesh2002
26th December 2004, 11:59 PM
its available at www.tamilstate.com in 320kbps!!

only the song by sriniivas is good,others r craps!

jaiganes
27th December 2004, 11:22 AM
Hi
I am not a big fan of Pravin Mani. On saturday, I bought the "Dancer" album at the landmark in forum , Bangalore. It is priced at 75 Rs. The album is pretty good. The "Jiggy Dance", "Switch Potta"(sung by Rafi and cool sounding Suchitra Ramadorai. every time she says dei, it souds pretty cool), "Kothavaranga"(sung by zestful Gopal Sharma and Mathangi) and the "Baby song" are peppy and good to dance to (I danced @ home :D ) The song "Aadavandhen" is like the "Mudhan mudhal raaga deepam " type song in "Payanangal Mudivadhillai" and S.P.B throws in a lot of effort to make it emotional. Particular mention on Na. Muthukumar whose lyrics are very good and Pravin Mani has taken enough care to make the song lyrics audible. "Sonnadhu" number by Shrinivas is also another song which is punctuated by good lyrics and good rhythms. Only gripe I have is there is less or almost nil use of acoustic violins and guitars. One gets to hear the synthesized violin bits, which he could have replaced with an orchestrated ones. On the whole the choice of singers is apt and a combination of good rhythms and lyrics ensure that you might fancy dancing to this one like me.

Thanks,
Jaiganesh.

SLY1
28th December 2004, 03:10 AM
Good cool stuff..mp3s are awesome quality too...keep it up Pravin Mani...Srinivas song and Jiggy is mindblowing and the song with the babies cute and different for tfm.Totally worth it :wink:

Piraachanna
29th December 2004, 03:02 AM
very god album

SLY1
29th December 2004, 06:35 PM
Both the remixes are neat 2...by Dharmendra?!!!where are all these new guys croppin up from..!!!

dinesh2002
29th December 2004, 07:55 PM
is it 1 more song missing,what song is that guys?i take back my words,the album gets a 9/10!!!!!

slperson1
30th December 2004, 12:05 AM
Movie : Dancer
Music : Pravin Mani

1) Jiggy Jiggy Dance - nothing super about the song but for some reason its catchy hahaha i don't know why i like the song but i do hehe. Lyrics are aite i guess theres so much goin on in the song which makes it interesting.

2) Switch Adicha - the lyrics are so dumb that its funny. The lyricist must have been drunk and wanted to finish the song pondering stupid thoughts lol.sigh.but still the beat is catchy and i don't kno why i like this dumb song.

3) Paadu Vanthein - this song is prolli when the one legged dancer makes his big break.It will be touching with the movie its just okay alone. but SPB is SPB the man still has it.

4) Sonnathu - best song from the album Srinivas KICKS MAJOR KUNDI!!! tis all i needa say listen to the sogn urself.

5) Kothavaranga - song does nothing for me

6) Jiggy Jiggy Dance Remix - nice remix for the title song. I like this version better then the first cuz well haha it has even more interesting noises.

7) Baby Song - this song is just different and interesting loving the voices.

Overall: SOmething very different. WIll be stuck in ur head for awhil eto be soon forgotten but for the time being let us enjoy.Has some songs good for puttin on and dancing ard like a lusu.If u like to dance ard liek a lusu i highly recommend this album. If ur into serious music this aint for u.If u like dhappadhanga songs u may like this.If u like wild electronic music this is also for u.

dinesh2002
30th December 2004, 11:02 AM
hey,so the Manadhile remix is not by pravin mani????? :shock:

btw,the songs r aweseme,but as our fren mention above,the lyrics r very very dumb!!! but some how i love the songs,dunno y ..i never liked any dapanguttu songs,but i seriously love this album....i think Pravin Mani has something special!!hats off to him!!

dinesh2002
30th December 2004, 07:10 PM
yo guys,it seems 1 more song missing..is it????????:O

jaiganes
31st December 2004, 08:44 AM
Hi Dinesh2002!
whats up with u man? one posting u say album is crap barring one song, and now u seem to say that it is wonderful. u have reversed polarity or what?

dinesh2002
31st December 2004, 04:19 PM
yo mr...i just didint listen to the songs propaly 1st time...so i gave a wrong review in da 1st 1....btw,ungalakku enge valikithu??pudikilana pooye!!

MTR
31st December 2004, 09:55 PM
This album is plain stupid. Praveen should stick to his technical side instead of creative. Ithookellam oru thread, ore review, some comments?! Obviously working with the Mass and not the class.

SLY1
31st December 2004, 10:43 PM
MTR should stick to masalas and not music... obviously deaf i suppose !!!!lol

MTR
1st January 2005, 03:14 AM
SLY1,

This is the 'MUSIC' you claiming about??! Open your stupid eyes dude. This is the computerized 'MASALA' and you are muddled with the terminology, Jeez!

SLY1
1st January 2005, 07:27 PM
btw MTR...are well known podi makers in India,,,looks like youre the only one dissin the "music' in this thread...everyone else has appreciated it here and in other forums too..perhaps you have different taste in "music"..its quite obvious that you do know nothing about it though..the album has a god variety of stuff....masalas n melodies,good singin by all the artists esp Srinivas and SPB,good mix of electro and acoustic instruments ,indian and western,good rhythms and interesting interludes too with some cool remixes...not to mention overall sonic quality and good lyrics...open up your ears and brains dude,listen carefully,train your ears ,it will take time,but till then dont just shoot your mouth off..! Yikes...

MTR
2nd January 2005, 12:54 AM
Yadayadayada without any substance! SLY1, your writing is as dumb as your sense of music. Srinivas and SPB are good singers but what it gotto do with a crappy album?! The song by Srinivas is totally inspired by the famous Amarkalam song by SPB! Even a kid would sniff it but a dumbass like you won't and instead would enjoy it even more! Praveen Mani did a wonderful melody in Otran 'Oru paarvai...' but here he just disappoints. Do not bluff like an idiot outside the context, MTR, podi makers etc..Yikes?! Whats this pal ?! you feeling better thinking you said something sharp?! haha! such a kiddo, I pity you brother, i certainly do. This thread (which has repeating entries from 4 or so people) and you are worthless. So you can say as much as with misplaced 'btw' (Any idea where to use btw?!) and bunch of idiotic bluffing here, this is your thread! Enjoy!

SLY1
2nd January 2005, 04:11 AM
well well MTR ...Obviously you re not just deaf but a misplaced dumbass as well.. just shootin your mouth off does not make you a better music critic bro...Oru Paarvai from Ottran was a mediocre song from pravinmani and there was nothing fresh bout it..Paadava from Little john was miles ahead ..Aaada vandain by Spb in Dancer certainly is clever for those who can comprehend it MUSICALLY and Sonathe is brilliant too..anywayz lets just agree 2 disagree on this album ...n btw I m certainly enjoyin it!! ciao n chill

psycho
8th January 2005, 12:15 AM
http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000656.html

I like the sound of this album,its quirky and cool.is the cast new?and who is this director?

R.Latha
29th November 2011, 08:48 PM
Praveen mani again as MD

Madesh, who directed films like Madurey, Arasangam and co-produced Mudhalvan with Shankar, is back to wield the megaphone. He will be directing a movie titled Mirattal starring Vinay Rai of Unnale Unnale fame and a newcomer Sharmila.

Speaking about the film, Madesh, a former associate of Shankar, says, ' it would be romantic comedy laced with action. Santhanam and Kanja Karuppu are also in the cast. Veteran actor Prabhu plays a prominent role in the Mirattal.

The movie has music by Praveen Mani and lyrics by Vaali, Kabilan and Pa Vijay.Vinay is excited about doing a Tamil film again after so long. 'I want to do only one film at a time', he says.