PDA

View Full Version : Kamal-Ilayaraaja-Singeetham Rao-MUMBAI EXPRESS

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Cinefan
17th May 2005, 11:02 AM
Dig:

1000th post of this thread,didn't want to let go this opportunity he.. he..

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/14736.html

Kamal to re-enact his role in the Kannada remake of Sathi leelavathi being directed by Ramesh Arvind starting this week.VV will follow this.

irfansong
17th May 2005, 04:53 PM
Hi Folks,

I heard that Kamal made a great profit out of MX audio in Tamil Nadu. How abt Hindi & Telugu?

Any idea on this matter?

Bye

Cinefan
17th May 2005, 05:04 PM
Hi Folks,

I heard that Kamal made a great profit out of MX audio in Tamil Nadu. How abt Hindi & Telugu?

Any idea on this matter?

Bye

Who told you?I am yet to see one report which gives out exact details of how all the April 14th releases have fared-film&music.CM has got the max response&Sify says the audio sale is 2.5 lakh,ok.What about the other two?

multinamatheyan
17th May 2005, 08:16 PM
satish,

I bought the MX CD here in Toronto Canada. The CD only has MX songs in it - no combination. The store owner swore that it is an original, eventhough I have never heard of the label before.

njv
17th May 2005, 10:26 PM
http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/holnus/009200505171651.htm

"Rajnikanth is a gift of Karnataka to Tamilnadu" - Kamal
"You will hear good news about Marudhanayagam very soon" - Kamal

Cinefan
18th May 2005, 10:52 AM
http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/holnus/009200505171651.htm

"Rajnikanth is a gift of Karnataka to Tamilnadu" - Kamal
"You will hear good news about Marudhanayagam very soon" - Kamal

I think Ramesh&Kamal will redo their roles of Sathi Leelavathi in Kannada. Shruthi will replace Kalpana&Daisy Bopanna(a stunning model/actress)will do Heera's role.Urvashi will be paired with Kamal instead of Kovai Sarala.With both Kamal&Urvashi being weak as far as colloquial Kannada is concerned,I think they will play tamilians or malayalees talking in kannada.That will negate their funny accents.

tmrrmt
18th May 2005, 11:31 AM
[tscii:407c711da2]http://www.deccanherald.com/deccanherald/may182005/index2022182005517.asp

To a question, he said he had no plans to go to Hollywood.

“I am not going there. I am shy and have never been a good marketing man. But if they come to me with a role suitable to my talent, I may consider”, he said.

Kamal's marketing genius at work again - by calling himself a very shy (????!) and not good at marketing (??? --)))), Kamal is actually marketing himself![/tscii:407c711da2]

tmrrmt
18th May 2005, 12:01 PM
"I am shy and have never been a good marketing man" -- RRROTFL!

rooky
3rd June 2005, 04:23 PM
10 shows at chennai and 3 shows at Bangalore

Cinefan
3rd June 2005, 04:37 PM
3 shows at Bangalore

Where :?

kr
3rd June 2005, 10:18 PM
The composing of the instrumental piece "Monkey Chatter" is outstanding. The beginning, build up and the climax of the piece are great. The overlay of the different instruments with different timings of starts and finishes add such uniqueness to the piece. There are two particular parts that are may favorites: One about 30 seconds from the start with rapid drum beats and one later about 30-40 seconds from the end when a chorus of violins join in. I think overall the album is brilliant.

alwarpet_andavan
7th June 2005, 08:19 PM
3 shows at Bangalore

Where :?
I'm not sure but i think it's running at Balaji theatre, Vivek Nagar.

alwarpet_andavan

tmrrmt
8th June 2005, 05:01 PM
CLick on the link below for MX Hindi MP3s!

http://www.mag4you.com/music/m/mumbai-xpress.asp

stranger
14th October 2005, 05:01 AM
"The music of the film is excellent" Kamal

I wonder why KH dumped IR in next movies such as vettaiyAdu vilaiyaadu or Dhasaavathaam??

I thought he is the only one who respected IR???

I am sure he is in a "commanding position" to decide who is the music director for his movie or NOT???

I feel really bad that he dumped IR who came up with an excellent music in his last movie,

MX as QUOTED ABOVE by vysar :cry: :cry: :cry:

Could any genius educate me and explain the "rationale" here???

Thank you in advance! :notworthy:

Shankar
14th October 2005, 10:09 AM
Kamal is a pro...When his role is to do the acting part, he does just that ( and never interferes with the technical crew of the movie. He doesn't even interfere in selecting the heroine. But once in a while our man gives some "creative inputs" to the director ;-)

Shankar
14th October 2005, 10:09 AM
For all his home production (in which he acts) Kamal uses ONLY Raja.

MADDY
14th October 2005, 02:03 PM
But once in a while our man gives some "creative inputs" to the director ;-)

i could see that in many movies with heroines have to rearrange their lip makeups now and then :lol: :lol:

hey just kidding, if my god-ARR thinks kamal has a gud cinematic brain then i dunt think i'll deny it.......but as stranger pointed out it is pretty unusual for kamal to go without IR as he is the biggest fan of IR.....and even many ARR-fans dunt like kamal, i dunt know y they want to go ahead with such an unhappy marriage.......

alwarpet_andavan
14th October 2005, 02:05 PM
Yes, apart from Hey Ram where he initially went for L.Subramaniam, he always goes for IR as his MD for his home productions. With films like VV, Dasavatharam etc, though he has a commanding influence, he lets the makers decide who the MD will be. He doesn't interfere in these things, contrary to popular perception. Also, he might feel that it is the director's call because it is the director's comfort and the ability to extract the best from the MD which is more important than Kamal's personal preference of MD.
This should be obvious looking at his films (home productions and otherwise).
Moreover, Kamal shares a very close relationship with Ilaiyaraaja which no other actor has. This can be seen from the foreword in Ilaiyaraaja's book "Paalnila Payanangal".

nilavupriyan
14th October 2005, 05:44 PM
Kamal is a pro...When his role is to do the acting part, he does just that ( and never interferes with the technical crew of the movie. He doesn't even interfere in selecting the heroine. But once in a while our man gives some "creative inputs" to the director ;-)

it is said that in "Indian" there is a little clash between kamal and shankar...

actually kamal didnt want "maya machindra"song ....he thought it would be a hindrance to the fast pace movie....but he accepted the directors wish atlast

Shankar
14th October 2005, 06:18 PM
>>>>>>>>>>
Moreover, Kamal shares a very close relationship with Ilaiyaraaja which no other actor has. This can be seen from the foreword in Ilaiyaraaja's book "Paalnila Payanangal".
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Its paal nilA pAdhai by Raja :-)

Shankar
14th October 2005, 06:20 PM
digression....

Have you guys read kamal's "thEdi theerpOm vaa" ? Its a collection of essays by kamal...Some of them are quite thought provoking. A friend of mine took my copy and never returned.

Is it avbl somewhere ?

Alien
14th October 2005, 06:29 PM
hey just kidding, if my god-ARR thinks kamal has a gud cinematic brain then i dunt think i'll deny it.......but as stranger pointed out it is pretty unusual for kamal to go without IR as he is the biggest fan of IR.....and even many ARR-fans dunt like kamal, i dunt know y they want to go ahead with such an unhappy marriage.......

Don't say so ! There r ppl who r HC fans of both Kamal & ARR, like me...and many ARR fans do like Kamal too(Kamal need not be their fav actor), unlike u ! :wink: ....

MADDY
15th October 2005, 12:14 AM
Don't say so ! There r ppl who r HC fans of both Kamal & ARR, like me...and many ARR fans do like Kamal too(Kamal need not be their fav actor), unlike u ! :wink: ....

yes vasanth, that's true.....my sis itself is a HC fan of kamal but prefers ARR in music and she is very happy abt dasavatharam.....as u know, i hate kamal for religious reasons.....but i think kamal, once had openly stated somewhere that IR is better than ARR or ARR is not gud....i dunt have the exact link,but i do remember him saying that......moreover,i dunt know how ARR will react if there is any anti-god stuff in the movie :wink: .....

njv
15th October 2005, 12:24 AM

yes vasanth, that's true.....my sis itself is a HC fan of kamal but prefers ARR in music and she is very happy abt dasavatharam.....as u know, i hate kamal for religious reasons.....but i think kamal, once had openly stated somewhere that IR is better than ARR or ARR is not gud....i dunt have the exact link,but i do remember him saying that......moreover,i dunt know how ARR will react if there is any anti-god stuff in the movie :wink: .....

Music is music. People question why IR scored songs like nethu raathiri amma if he is such a religous person. If there is an anti-god subject and IR/ARR agreed to do the music, it just shows their professionalism, just like the way you like Kamal, still has difference of opinion about God.

At some part of time in everybody's ilfe,everyone go thru the question of "does god exists" - some of us will get a clear Yes, and someof us will get a clear No and some of us will not be clear at all. Kamal got a clear No and IR and ARR got clear Yes and so they choosed different path.

I havent seen any movie where Kamal promote "no god" issue, since he knows very well that its his opinion and not his fans.

Also what Kamal said after Indian is that "people are gossiping about issues between me and arr. for all of them all I can say is that the movie is progerssing very well and the music will he a big hit once released", KH also mentioned many times that he is IR fan and he dont need to go to any other Md for his movie, but when he act for others (he specifically mentioned about KSR who mentioned that KH like IR but not everyone like IR), he will not interfere.

I will try to post some pic of KH-ARR durign Dasavatharam, where they both seems to be happily arguing something! :roll:

Alien
15th October 2005, 08:35 AM
Maddy !
I quote njv's reply abt professionalism here , I feel this is very apt.

Music is music. People question why IR scored songs like nethu raathiri amma if he is such a religous person. If there is an anti-god subject and IR/ARR agreed to do the music, it just shows their professionalism, just like the way you like Kamal, still has difference of opinion about God.

Kamal as everyone knows is atheist , since his very early days...I've seen him voicing his opinions from his earliest movies like KB's "Nizhal Nijamagirathu", but yet hasn't he acted as theist that too in characters seem too close to GOD, for ex:- "SippikkuL muthu", "Sigappu kal mookkuthi"....
Isn't that all about professionalism :D, I don't think ARR would hesitate either, if he were asked to compose in such scenarios like u mentioned(Anti-GOD) :wink:

MADDY
15th October 2005, 02:18 PM
guys, my hands are really tied down by the restriction of posting abt religions in this forum.....otherwise i can quote umpteen instances where kamal has tried to discriminate a particular caste/religion which happens to be mine.......though bharathiraja and SJSuryah have done it they have not pursued with it......kamal has persisted on it......

njv
15th October 2005, 06:34 PM
where kamal has tried to discriminate a particular caste/religion which happens to be mine

The only caste/religion where people could freely make fun of is brahmins, for they think brahmins are quiter/soft/useless people. the only guy who elevate brahmins is Shankar, cuz he himeself is a brahmin.

If you discriminate any other caste/religion, there will be a state wide strike and un-necessary burning of bus etc.

Alien
15th October 2005, 07:21 PM
Maddy !
I know wat u mean :)
Kamal is a brahmin by birth as well ! Isn't it?

rooky
15th October 2005, 10:56 PM
It is a well known fact that kamal doesn't force directors or producers to book IR. But, for his home production,by default ,IR is the MD.Those who follow TFM would know this :)

If ARR is offered a kamal movie, he would definitely do it.People in the indian film industry knows the class and calibre of kamal more than we do.No technician for that matter would deny a chance to work with kamal.

I have seen ARR fans keeping ARR above kamal while discussing about their combo.May be they are upset that ARR doesn't get many kamal movies :). World knows who is the best.

Regarding shankar-kamal, shankar in a recent chat after anniyan (with sify) had said that kamal IS his favourite actor in TFM.so, don't worry.they will work together in future.

I don't think kamal forces his thoughts about religion in his movies.This is ceratinly a biased opinion.There are bad examples like sathyaraj,shankar-sujatha combo etc...

MADDY
16th October 2005, 03:14 PM
I have seen ARR fans keeping ARR above kamal while discussing about their combo.May be they are upset that ARR doesn't get many kamal movies :). World knows who is the best.

There are bad examples like sathyaraj,shankar-sujatha combo etc...

there are 3 things here rooky:
1.I,as a ARR-fan feels so happy that our boss hasnt worked with kamal frequently.......ARR doesent need kamal to compose kadhalan and alaipauthey.........
2. in TN kamal is bigger than ARR, but just look outside, ARR is 10 times as popular as kamal.......
3. y do u call shankar-sujatha combo bad...i dunt get it....

Shankar
17th October 2005, 10:36 AM
njv,
you said it right...brahmins are easy targets to make fun of. A whole generation was spoiled by the DK/DMK making fun of Brahmins. The ONLY aspect of kamal that i hate is his explicit stmts against brahmins a.la dmk/dk.

Vasanth,
kamal is iyengar by birth :-(

Raja is a thorough pro...He scored for a movie called kadavuL (a hopelessly stupid movie by a non entity called velu prbakaran) which again promotes atheism in a big way. according to velu, theist = brahmins...Had he made fun of "other" religions, he wudn't've been alive to make his next movie.

I got a shock of my life when a friend of mine, who has no reasons to lie on these things, told me about a strange (superstitious) practice by Kamal just before the release of his movies. I won't quote it, but the same friend visits this forum, if he wishes he can elaborate it :-)

Rooky,
what's wrong with shankar-sujatha combo ? Except in boys, I have liked their take on the subjects they make movies on.

Shankar
17th October 2005, 10:37 AM
njv,
I don't think shankar is a brahmin.

Cinefan
17th October 2005, 11:42 AM
Shankar,
I know the 'superstition'you are referring to,I,tmrrmt&AA had a argument about this some time back.And Yes,Director Shankar is NOT a Brahmin.

Not just Kamal,a lot of 'Brahmins'in the film industry including Sujatha have made fun of this caste various times in their movies.I wonder why :?It a DK,DMK culture.Why do these guys follow it?

At the same time I see a more mature Kamal these days regarding God,religion,caste etc.He comes across as more profound in his statements than a rabble rousing so called Dravidian politician.

MADDY,
These are so many HCKH fans who don't agree with his thoughts on religion etc including Yours truly.But just for that to come up with statements like SRK is a better actor is toooooo much.

We are talking about film activity related talents,accomplishments.Why confuse it with personal idelogies,character,behaviour etc?

tmrrmt
17th October 2005, 11:55 AM
My few cents on this:

whether ppl agree with this or not, I dont know - strangely, it is Manu's caste-based system that is proving a stumbling block to alien forces, especially those hellbent on religious conversions, to make their mark in India!

In the entire South East Asia and Africa, 'souls' have been easily harvested by two major religious groups.

only in India, the 'soul harvesting' phenomenon is finding its stumbling blocks - even today, in the Tirunelveli area, Pettai is dominated by one particular minority community, while Palayankottai dominated by another - but despite this, the problems being faced by these 'mass conversion' programs are enormous, ONLY because some communities within the Hindu fold, strongly resist conversions -

therefore, the supreme objective to break these shackles is to put down specific caste-based communities, with the ulterior motive of conversions!

I am saying this because, my native place is a place called Panthalgudi near Saathhoor, which is all close to Tirunelveli-Madurai area! and we get hard-core authentic facts from there!

Brahmin-bashing is part and parcel of such orchestrated efforts to malign the face of Indian society and entertainment 'moghuls' find it quite convenient and also often becomes a handy tactic to gain popularity!

tmrrmt
17th October 2005, 12:06 PM
And it is not just a coincidence that one particular lady from Tamil Nadu was recently honored by an award by a major religious based group from abroad!

This assumes major significance, more so, after the lady withdrew her earlier clarion call for all bans on religious conversions in Tamil Nadu (following her open rebuke to the statement on Tamil Nadu's anti-conversion law made by a big-time minority leader based near Italy) and even more so, after the arrest of another religous leader!

In Serbia, Bosnia, Croatia, one minority community, thanks to its affluence and accessibility to modern arms and weaponry, indulged in a pogrom/mass murder of another community, which was economically poorer - but the world gave scant regards - but events in Gujarat, get amplified global media attention, in the name of 'gross human rights' violations!

That, a country/society whose cultural heritage even considers killing animals for satisfying one's hunger is portrayed as a backward, 'minority' targetting barbaric populace, and that too, by whom ?! by a bunch of nations, whose societies, have value systems that stink to heaven and glory!

To be a part of the majority in India is a sin that many of us have to live with!

tmrrmt
17th October 2005, 12:08 PM
"That, a country/society whose cultural heritage even considers killing animals for satisfying one's hunger is portrayed as a backward"

should read as " That, a country/society whose cultural heritage even considers killing animals for satisfying one's hunger a grave sin, is portrayed as a backward"

rsubras
17th October 2005, 12:09 PM
<< Digression >>

tmrrmt neenga panthalkudiya :) am from aruppukottai, pakkathu oor thaan..... actually naan kooda panthalkudi than coz my granddad is a pandhalkudi native....

<< End Digression >>

yeah i agree it is easy to pick soft targets...and thatz why Brahmin bashing is so widely prevalent in Tamilnadu.... it is a style those days i guess, to be an atheist.....

rooky
17th October 2005, 02:02 PM

There are bad examples like sathyaraj,shankar-sujatha combo etc...

there are 3 things here rooky:
1.I,as a ARR-fan feels so happy that our boss hasnt worked with kamal frequently.......ARR doesent need kamal to compose kadhalan and alaipauthey.........
2. in TN kamal is bigger than ARR, but just look outside, ARR is 10 times as popular as kamal.......
3. y do u call shankar-sujatha combo bad...i dunt get it....

1.As u may agree people like kamal,Rajni,IR or ARR are not dependant on anyone.They are all Legends and proven them in more than one occasion.Just to reply to ur thoughts on point 1,kamal never needed ARR for devar magan or nayagan or sippikkul muthu or moondraam pirai or avvai shanmugi and so on

2.Not in TN alone man..He is the only actor in India to have direct hits in different languages..(few movies :Tamil as u may know,Telugu- swathi muthyam,kannada- pushpaka vimana, hindi - ek duje keliyae,malayalam -chanakyan,etc..).Dont think that kamal is known or popular only in TN:) ARR is as popular as kamal in India and not more..Let ARR score music in a proper hollywood movie and if it gets popular and all the hollywood and the entire world acknowledge his talents !!! You should note one thing.MDs in hollywood are way ahead in their own music,which ARR gives us here.

3.If anti-caste or religion is an issue,than pro-caste or religion is equally unacceptable.U can see this in all shankar-sujatha combo movies

Shankar
17th October 2005, 02:54 PM
>>>>>>>>>>
in TN kamal is bigger than ARR, but just look outside, ARR is 10 times as popular as kamal.......
<<<<<<<<<<

On what basis are you quoting this ? Is it bcos, barat bala publicises even hair-style change in arr as an event to celebrate about ?? I won't go by the newspaper coverages, and publicity stunts.
ARR definitely is popular (He's THE best MD in bollywood, after all :-) ). But Kamal is THE most popular south Indian film personality in the north followed by arr and mr.

stranger
18th October 2005, 03:55 AM
For all his home production (in which he acts) Kamal uses ONLY Raja.

I guess you do not mean, if he does NOT ACT in his OWN PRODUCTON, he MIGHT NOT go to IR? :roll:

18th October 2005, 04:17 AM
A great artist has stamped his excellence on cinema like probably no other in history. It has been a privilege to be born in an era embellished by the glittering talents of this outstanding individual, who held his artistic sway in a field thats the lifeblood of entertainment of so many millions.

And some denseheads are hell bent on talking about his personal beliefs and non-beliefs. Grow up, you petty-minded! Nobody cares a rat's butt whether you agree or disagree with him. If you dislike him, stop watching his movies and go fly a kite or swat flies. Your preference or itch does not even assume even a microbial ounce in the broader ambit of the Indian cinemascope.

Very funny that you treat Charu/Gnani/S.Anand with condemnation and shamelessly borrow their own evaluation standards when it comes to Kamal :lol: :lol:

Alien
18th October 2005, 07:54 AM
:clap: :clap: "*" :thumbsup:

I read this quote on Kamal in imdb.com
"The first, and perhaps the last COMPLETE HERO in INDIAN Cinema"

It very precisely & concisely means and says all about Kamal
:clap: :notworthy: :clap: :notworthy:

MADDY
18th October 2005, 09:51 AM
vasanth, who is imdb.com????a website started by a kamal fan???? if they think he is the first and last best then they dunt know who is shah-rukh-khan -- the badshah and amitabh bachan - the shaenshah......they also dunt know the power of rajinikanth -- super-duper mega star of 21st century.....hahaha......

*, i think if kamal had restricted his attack of brahmins in his personal life only, then it is a commendable thing but when he tries to prove that point by downing us in every possible chance in movies then it is condemnable....and the worst part is that he doesent have the guts to make fun of minorities...y this treatment meted out to us only???cos there is no big leader from us and we take everything lightly and forgive ppl. who kills us also.....i think i feel very happy whenever kamal winces in failure cos i know my belief is more powerful than his belief........and i sincerely feel saintly ppl. like rajni,ARR,IR shuld not even respect kamal......

Shankar
18th October 2005, 10:47 AM
Maddy,
imdb.com is the iternet movie data base.com. You can find details about any movie personality worth mentioning (- you won't find vadivelu's details there).

It definitely is NOT started by a kamal fan :-)

>>>>>>>>>>>
and i sincerely feel saintly ppl. like rajni,ARR,IR shuld not even respect kamal......
<<<<<<<<<<<<

But that's where you lose...those 'saintly' ppl respect kamal the artist and NOT kamal the person (except Raja, who's a very close friend of kamal)...They have the intelligence to understand the fact that these are 2 diff things...I am not getting personal...I am just trying to say, that you shud never see kamal the person when you are assessing kamal the artist...Kamal is not my idol...I don't like many of his ideas, but as an artist and a professional, he is peerless and I just wish everyone is as passionate about their work as kamal.

Alien
18th October 2005, 10:59 AM
vasanth, who is imdb.com????a website started by a kamal fan????

imdb.com - International movie data base .com, get that straight .....!! Have u ever watched any movies other than those of those non-talented wonders(srk, :lol: )? :lol2:
I can't expect half-wit people to understand the meaning of COMPLETE :rotfl: ...U THINK THOSE U MENTIONED ARE COMPLETE :rotfl: What they know in cinema apart from acting ?????? (Some of them can't even act for nuts :rotfl: )
Kamal is all round talented & thats why they termed him that way 8-) and ur words on this don't even worth a peanut :lol2:

MADDY
18th October 2005, 12:16 PM
>>>>>>Yeah, it shows ur ignorance & u r the truly sitting duck , u dur brain !>>>>>

probably u missed my smile at the end of my msg (as i'm posting from tfmpage and not hub portal i had to do a hahaha),so it was meant to be comical.....
moreover
imdb=internet movie database.com and not
"imdb.com - International movie data base .com" as claimed by u....so can i repeat ur "Yeah, it shows ur ignorance & u r the truly sitting duck , u dur brain !" for u>?????? i wont cos i dunt want to get down to the level of kamal and his fans......

shankar, i completely agree with ur point on professionalism.....i dunt think ARR can deny a prestigious project with kamal fetching him 90 lacs for kamal just being anti-brahmin.......even i wud work with kamal if i get so much cash and fame.......but the fact is that i feel kamal shuld know that brahmins are not happy abt being singled out in his movies....it shuldnt be like we are getting our asses f***ed happily......

Shankar
18th October 2005, 12:22 PM
>>>>>
i wont cos i dunt want to get down to the level of kamal and his fans......

<<<<<

I give up...ungala ellAm thiruththavE mudiyAdhu :-(

MADDY
18th October 2005, 01:14 PM
shankar, ungala mattum thirutha mudiyuma enna???

ur esteemed kamal fan in enthu to down me has misspelt imdb.com....u couldnt see that???

rajdes
18th October 2005, 01:47 PM
Maddy, as IR said: "Kamal kadavulai nambuvadhillai. Kadavulum Kamal-ai nambu illai"
Why fret over someone's fetish? There are bound to be opinions, biases and eccentricities in everyone. If an artist's personal traits are coming in your way of enjoying his work, you are the loser - be it Kamal or Rajni or Manirathnam.
Kamal bashes brahmins? Big deal.Man, in what way does it bring down brahmins? The same tamilnadu which revelled proudly in atheism in the 60's is today in a rat-trap of so called 'godly' men and various hues of astrologists(watch Television any time to stumble into some or other type of astrologer selling stones, name changes etc) and even an organisation like SUN TV, coming from the stable of staunch 'reformists' is forced to display wares of different shades of superstition, theism and spirituality to survive. This, my friend, is God's revenge(this also is not a right notion - God is not in the business of taking revenge, much as George bush would have us believe otherwise) on these people - you spend a lifetime decrying the idea of God and your own sandadhi earns a living purveying godliness and superstition :-)

If you want to know how silly a person who allows his personal biases to influence his appreciation of art sounds like, I recommend you visit charuonline.com or whatever is Charu Nivedita's site.

Shankar
18th October 2005, 02:05 PM
Maddy,
If you want to deliberately sound foolish, as i said, i give up. If you have problems understanding my stmts, I have rephrased them below...

My beef with you is your generic stmts...If you don't like a single fan, you direct ur posts to him...Why take a dig on all Kamal fans ?

Have I ever said anything like "you arr fans" for some of your biased posts ?

Raj,
Pls don't provide free publicity to that fool...Pls get rid of the link from your post :-)

Shankar
18th October 2005, 02:07 PM
>>>>>>>>>>>
probably u missed my smile at the end of my msg (as i'm posting from tfmpage and not hub portal i had to do a hahaha),so it was meant to be comical.....
<<<<<<<<<<

So, you mean, all this while you had been joking about srk ?? Oh...that explains those comparisons with kamal ;-)

alwarpet_andavan
18th October 2005, 05:22 PM
A great artist has stamped his excellence on cinema like probably no other in history. It has been a privilege to be born in an era embellished by the glittering talents of this outstanding individual, who held his artistic sway in a field thats the lifeblood of entertainment of so many millions.

And some denseheads are hell bent on talking about his personal beliefs and non-beliefs. Grow up, you petty-minded! Nobody cares a rat's butt whether you agree or disagree with him. If you dislike him, stop watching his movies and go fly a kite or swat flies. Your preference or itch does not even assume even a microbial ounce in the broader ambit of the Indian cinemascope.

Very funny that you treat Charu/Gnani/S.Anand with condemnation and shamelessly borrow their own evaluation standards when it comes to Kamal :lol: :lol:

*, ungalukku oru O pottukkaren!
:notworthy: :clap: :thumbsup:

P.S: I must add that the whole point of forums like these is to exchange opinions and discuss preferences. In that sense, your preference and mine are also equally significant or insignificant as others' but i do second you on your other points.....

rajdes
18th October 2005, 07:12 PM
shanks, same question I ask everyone, why bother?
Maddy boy is not listening to any amount of logic or reasoning - if he wants to waste his time fretting over insignificant issues, why should we bother trying to knock reasoning into him?
(Seems like you were the only guy who didnt receive advice from me in the past few days - have covered you also now :-)
Agree with you on the link thing. Will remove it.

* - good post(talking about style not content!) microbe,embellish, densehead - idhellaam ketta tmrrmt gnabagam varudhu - guess correct-aa? ;-).

18th October 2005, 08:24 PM
*, i think if kamal had restricted his attack of brahmins in his personal life only, then it is a commendable thing but when he tries to prove that point by downing us in every possible chance in movies then it is condemnable....and the worst part is that he doesent have the guts to make fun of minorities...y this treatment meted out to us only???cos there is no big leader from us and we take everything lightly and forgive ppl. who kills us also.....

Jeez, you know the reason why India sucks bigtime? It's because every single guy, every single one of them takes his caste/community/culture/bullshit into his workplace instead of concentrating on his work - just go to any bank/organisation and you will find official and unofficial coteries based on caste/culture and other bullshit. We are the oldest civilization and still we are stupid enough not to look beyond our nose. C'mon, we are almost the world's largest nation of a billion ppl, for heaven's sake we cant even use the same language when we move to a different state, there's so much diversity that sometime or the other, some people groups has to be at the receiving end - so why in hell do we have to complain and crib like dimwits instead of focussing on the job??? Just work in any western nation, and you will see - no guy talks about whether his colleague or his friend is an atheist, womanizer or gay or a transvestite, people know better than to waste their lives talking about other's business.
Anyway Maddy, if you cant tolerate diversity or difference, why not pick up an axe and hack every minority or dissenter you see in India? Sounds good? (For starters, we can slaughter ARR, Sania Mirza and Shahrukh Khan :D )

i think i feel very happy whenever kamal winces in failure cos i know my belief is more powerful than his belief........and i sincerely feel saintly ppl. like rajni,ARR,IR shuld not even respect kamal......

Man this is really pathetic!!!! Do you know how many uneducated pakis think Tendulkar is a waste solely because his preference is different from theirs? Is there an ounce of difference between you and the Al-Qaeda/Osama nuts?? Atleast they are uncouth, coarse individuals with lack of civilization, but coming from an educated guy like you....ewwwwwww...

Neways, you never fail to amuse, do you? :)

Rajdesh,
Naan avar illai :)

stranger
18th October 2005, 08:26 PM
And some denseheads are hell bent on talking about his personal beliefs and non-beliefs.

Even prostitutes make their own unique history!

So what?

If you like you build a statue for them too :lol:

Grow up, you petty-minded! Nobody cares a rat's butt whether you agree

YOU better grow up and DONT come in the middle of argument and BS with your CRAP ever AGAIN! :twisted:

or disagree with him.

When people BS like u do, it needs to be clarified! That is why we have this forum.

Not being a "YES MAN" or talk about RAT BUTT by poking ur bIG NOSE into everywhere :roll:

Mind your "rat-butt business" if u care less.

If you dislike him, stop watching his movies

Really?!

Why dont you keep your advice for YOU and YOUR FAMILY?

Not everybody can put up with your BS and your "rat-butt" filthy language!

You better KNOW that before u advise anybody! :twisted:

Your preference or itch does not even assume even a microbial ounce in the broader ambit of the Indian cinemascope.

We know about microbials and rats too!

GO give your half-baked bio-lecture elsewhere!

Very funny that you treat Charu/Gnani/S.Anand with condemnation and shamelessly borrow their own evaluation standards when it comes to Kamal

Your arrogance sounds funny too :rotfl:

stranger
18th October 2005, 09:19 PM
Jeez, you know the reason why India sucks bigtime? It's because every single guy, every single one of them takes his caste/community/culture/bullshit into his workplace instead of concentrating on his work - just go to any bank/organisation and you will find official and unofficial coteries based on caste/culture and other bullshit.

Respected *!

Please move your post with your advices ELSEWHERE to Indian or Tamil History section!

We definitely dont want to HEAR your BULLSHIT here!

Thank you! :notworthy:

nilavupriyan
18th October 2005, 10:56 PM
i think i feel very happy whenever kamal winces in failure cos i know my belief is more powerful than his belief........and i sincerely feel saintly ppl. like rajni,ARR,IR shuld not even respect kamal......

do u know there lived a person who changed the fate of the downtrodden people....THANDHAI PERIYAR.....he didnt believe in religious ideas........do u say he must not be respected...

he died in the date athich HINDU mythology tells the "gate of heaven"opens...

GOD doesnt want to praise him......"seyyum thozhile dheivam"....havent u heard it?

MADDY
18th October 2005, 11:49 PM
nilavu,shankar,rajdes,*,vasanth and al other kamal-sympathizers, u guys are missing my point......i'm not against mockery of superstitions and other religious beliefs......i have infact criticised some brahmins in this very forum who reject ARR bcos of their conventional mindset......wat peeves me is the fact that kamal tries to single out brahmin caste only, which is pretty partial on behalf of such a gr8 recognised man........if he was against religions then i too wud have supported him but he seems to be against only a particular religion/caste.....*, if u call me a taliban/al-qaeda for supporting my caste then kamal is also a racist like hitler and americans who ravished blacks during katrina disaster and american soldiers who killed many irqais...

ps:i dunt have any problems with kamal other than racial discrmination.....HE IS DEFINITELY THE BEST ACTOR FROM TN EVER......

Alien
19th October 2005, 05:12 AM
>>>>>>Yeah, it shows ur ignorance & u r the truly sitting duck , u dur brain !>>>>>

moreover
imdb=internet movie database.com and not
"imdb.com - International movie data base .com" as claimed by u....so can i repeat ur "Yeah, it shows ur ignorance & u r the truly sitting duck , u dur brain !" for u>?????? i wont cos i dunt want to get down to the level of kamal and his fans......

My bad ! :oops: I misspelt it in a hurry ! pardon me Maddy ! :oops:
and also fiery, thats bcos u always rivet back to the same old dialogue , cast, atheism, & I got fed up........We have been having this same argument 4 some time now....
Anyway, I've edited my earlier post

stranger
20th October 2005, 03:42 AM
Thenali (2000) .... Tenali Soman
Hey Ram (2000) (as Kamal Haasan) .... Saketh Ram
Marudha Naayagam (2000) .... Marudha Naayagam

Better be careful with these "garbage loaders" esp when it comes to tamil movies.

Their data has never been double-checked carefully, just like "Indian science"!

MADDY
20th October 2005, 11:47 AM
I read this quote on Kamal in imdb.com
"The first, and perhaps the last COMPLETE HERO in INDIAN Cinema"

It very precisely & concisely means and says all about Kamal

so kamal fans, did u ever find time to read abt Aamir khan in imdb.com??? if u havent then pls follow do.....

" Aamir Khan is acknowleged today as the most complete Indian actor for his diverse choice of roles and films"

maybe they copy-pasted for kamal and aamir :lol: ........

njv
20th October 2005, 09:03 PM
" Aamir Khan is acknowleged today as the most complete Indian actor for his diverse choice of roles and films"

May be, but I dont see Aamir anyway closer to KH. Aamir to his credit has Lagaan and Rising and nothing else. Some ppl will call DCH as a great movie, may be, but that doesnt take Aamir to anylevel. Lagaan to me is the only est movie Aamir gave and now Rising. After looking at Rising, I am wondering why movies like Veerapandiya Kattabomman didnt get that much 'attraction' than these movies. I guess in 60s ppl still had memory of freedom, so they didnt bother, but now the dont know what freedom struggle means, so they are "worried" and appreciating the movie.

KH definitely inspired heavily from bollywood, but he is creating in his own way. KH is few thousand miles ahead of Aamir in terms of creativity, experimentation and risk taking. KH may have seen many commercial failures than the rest of the movie industry together, but still standing top, not worried about commercial aspect and trying to do his best.

A movie by Rajni in RaajKamal production will realize in 2 years and that will make KH realize his Marudhanayagam dream soon.

stranger
20th October 2005, 09:07 PM
A movie by Rajni in RaajKamal production will realize in 2 years and that will make KH realize his Marudhanayagam dream soon.

Yeah sure!

I am waiting to SEE the SOON is ONE or TEN years or "NEVER"!

We will sure know answer for the "SOON" sooner or later! 8-)

Jacky
20th October 2005, 09:28 PM
"Some ppl will call DCH as a great movie, may be, but that doesnt take Aamir to anylevel."

Not many mainstream bollywood heros can show subtle brilliance which Aamir showed in DCH. Just watch the scenes where he breaks down whilst talking to his dad on phone and the scene where he reunites with Sidd. He's quite a complete actor and is definitely the best in Bollywood.

njv
20th October 2005, 09:40 PM

Yeah sure!

I am waiting to SEE the SOON is ONE or TEN years or "NEVER"!

We will sure know answer for the "SOON" sooner or later! 8-)

Not really!

stranger
20th October 2005, 09:48 PM
Not really!

yeah, u r correct! :notworthy:

21st October 2005, 12:12 AM
Not many mainstream bollywood heros can show subtle brilliance which Aamir showed in DCH. Just watch the scenes where he breaks down whilst talking to his dad on phone and the scene where he reunites with Sidd.

Jacky,
I'm sure you know how many such instances we can quote for KH :)

Jacky
21st October 2005, 12:26 AM
*, I wasn't comparing KH and Aamir. NJV felt DCH was ordinary to which i disagreed.

njv
21st October 2005, 12:57 AM
"Some ppl will call DCH as a great movie, may be, but that doesnt take Aamir to anylevel."

Not many mainstream bollywood heros can show subtle brilliance which Aamir showed in DCH. Just watch the scenes where he breaks down whilst talking to his dad on phone and the scene where he reunites with Sidd. He's quite a complete actor and is definitely the best in Bollywood.

Agreed, but few scenes here and there in 2 movies (DCH and Lagaan) wont take him anywhere. We have lot better actors than him in tamil, leave alone Kamal and Rajni but you have Vikram, Surya, Dhanush to name a few.

njv
21st October 2005, 01:01 AM
*, I wasn't comparing KH and Aamir. NJV felt DCH was ordinary to which i disagreed.

I still think that DCH is nothing great. I dont know why ppl go crazy abt it. May be its very close to reality type of movie for Hindi (no running around the tree, no london boy returning to india to marry a house maid, no american hero going to london to demonstrate our patriotism, no period movie, no bullshit) and thats the reason it got applauded, but for ppl who has seen many many many bharathiraja, kb, kh, rajni, mahendran, balumahendra, sivaji, manirathnam, shankar, selvaragavan and many many others, this is an ordinary movie.

Jacky
21st October 2005, 01:23 AM
[tscii:d9b2cd56e5]Njv, please don't compare Aamir with a kid like Surya. What Surya did in Pithamagan was loosely inspired from Aamir's role in Mela. Even Surya has admitted on Sun TV that to portray Sanjay Ramaswamy he looked into Aamir's character in DCH.
Vikram – first let him cut overacting (Pithamagan, Ambi – Anniyan), if he loses his pretense then we will know how good he's in expressing subtleties which is the most challenging task for a good actor. Besides He's pathetic at comedy – even Vijay was better in comedy scenes in Ghilli and Sachin.
Btw, I've watched movies from all those directors and DCH was definitely more realistic than any BR or Mani movie including Alaipayuthey.

[/tscii:d9b2cd56e5]

Alien
21st October 2005, 06:41 AM
Nah , Maddy !
If u look closely, for Kamal they said he's the first and perhaps last....It seems like Aamir has also been recognised as an complete actor, which is gr8 ! He deserves it for some extent, than others !
So they didn't copy-paste :wink:

Shankar
21st October 2005, 11:10 AM

I still think that DCH is nothing great. I dont know why ppl go crazy abt it. May be its very close to reality type of movie for Hindi (no running around the tree, no london boy returning to india to marry a house maid, no american hero going to london to demonstrate our patriotism, no period movie, no bullshit) and thats the reason it got applauded, but for ppl who has seen many many many bharathiraja, kb, kh, rajni, mahendran, balumahendra, sivaji, manirathnam, shankar, selvaragavan and many many others, this is an ordinary movie.

njv,
DCH was a good movie...better than 90% of mani/BR movies. But, to me the best performer was akshay khanna followed by saif...
In some scenes in australia, his acting seem a bit unreal...
like someone said, his scenes with his dad were good.

rooky
21st October 2005, 11:21 AM
[tscii:9445c9849a]Njv, please don't compare Aamir with a kid like Surya. What Surya did in Pithamagan was loosely inspired from Aamir's role in Mela. Even Surya has admitted on Sun TV that to portray Sanjay Ramaswamy he looked into Aamir's character in DCH.
Vikram – first let him cut overacting (Pithamagan, Ambi – Anniyan), if he loses his pretense then we will know how good he's in expressing subtleties which is the most challenging task for a good actor. Besides He's pathetic at comedy – even Vijay was better in comedy scenes in Ghilli and Sachin.
Btw, I've watched movies from all those directors and DCH was definitely more realistic than any BR or Mani movie including Alaipayuthey.

[/tscii:9445c9849a]
Same holds good for KH-aamir comparision.No one is comparable to KH in India.Even (Inspite of their obvious bias against south-indians) many a north indian stars (Sharukh,manisha,rani,etc.. had agreed to this in their interviews).

kalnayak
21st October 2005, 11:34 AM
Jacky wrote:

Jacky pidicha muyalukku moone kaaluthaan.

Jacky
21st October 2005, 11:58 AM
Kalnayak,
It is more close to my heart than any Tamil movie. Ungalukku pidikalaiya Don't bother about my personal tastes. I wasn't even generalizing, was just saying my preference.

MADDY
21st October 2005, 07:13 PM
jacky, even i felt the same.....it was one of its kind movie and name me one tamil movie by the gr8s like mahendran/BR/selvaraghavan similar to DCH.....mani( i know many ppl. here dunt consider him as gr8) called this as the most sensational debut directorial venture ever in indian cinema.......

DCH was such a movie where i found very difficult to relate myself to the hyper-posh south mumbai culture shown in the movie but as movie progresses i was well relating myself to the universal concept of friendship depicted in the movie......excellent subtle display of emotions which i think namma directors mutti modhinaalum kaamikka mudiyathu with our over-acting heroes.....

and reg aamir, guys just watch the scene where his attitude changes towards love in the opera hall scene....mindblowing....and just watch him in mangal pandey climax scene where he faces the entire british army....stupendous....

i think u guys must realise all hindi actors are not bad and all hindi movies are not ordinary...there are gud movies too...infact they are ahead of us in terms of scripts with movies like "maine gandhi ko nahin maara","swades","iqbal" whereas we are going down deeper with hero-worship movies like gilli,madhura,ghajini,anniyan..moreover aamiir is no sharukh to be shooed away :D ......

MADDY
21st October 2005, 07:17 PM
We have lot better actors than him in tamil, leave alone Kamal and Rajni but you have Vikram, Surya, Dhanush to name a few.

who is dhanush??? are u talking abt rajini's son-in-law???

22nd October 2005, 04:00 AM
Maddy,
yedho nee solrenu DCH paaka poren. Mattama irunchu nee tholanja :)

njv
22nd October 2005, 04:20 AM
I've watched movies from all those directors and DCH was definitely more realistic than any BR or Mani movie including Alaipayuthey.

[/tscii]

Indians crave for white skins. Tamilian crave for hindi skins - here is a proof.

stranger
22nd October 2005, 04:28 AM
Tamilian crave for hindi skins - here is a proof.

It is amazing that u always come up with some wotrthless, insensible theories, njv! :lol:

How do you do that?!

To my knowledge

* Tamilians are the only one who LEAST cared about Hindi movies!

* Tamilians make dark skin people like Rajni and Vijay as super *s and stars!

Anyway, I know u will come up with another worthless theory to justify ur insensible theory again! :roll: !

alwarpet_andavan
7th November 2005, 02:08 PM
<Digression>

Kalayai Kaasaakkum Ikkaalathil
Kalayai Swasikkum Engal Annan
Ulaganayagan Padmashree Dr.Kamal Haasan Ayyavukku
Bhakkthakodigal koorum pirandha naal vazhthukkal!

Unmayaana kalaignan Virumaandi
Saatchi solla sandhiran varuvandi!

Nathigam pesum nallavurukku
Naam muzhanguvom pirandhanal nalvazhthu....

Padayeduthu miratta varum engal Marudhanayaga
Paadhavanakkam endrum unakke engal VIRUDHU NAYAGA!

Here's wishing the
Actor/Director/Producer/Dancer/Choreographer/Fighter/Singer/Humanist
par excellence Universal Hero Padmashree Dr. Kamal Haasan a very happy
birthday. In an industry where crass is celebrated over class,
mediocrity is hailed as entertainment, WE SAULTE THE TRUE ARTIST KAMAL SIR

Alwarpet_Andavan
Thondan,
Devi Paradise Unit Kamal Bhakthargal
</Digression>

7th November 2005, 03:15 PM
Shud have mentioned this a week ago but still....
As my avathar shows, I've joined nilavu, cinefan, vasant_luv, alwarpettai, mnt, etc as a hardcore Kamal fan!
Although being an admirer for years, watching 4 of his movies last weekend hit the fact home - here's a very very special legend of our times who ought to sit comfortably in history along the likes of Kullan(Sachin), Seeni(Ramanujam), Mottai and Bhai(Abul)!

Still reeling under the pleasant after-effects of the realisation, with Salangai Oli and Virumaandi slated for this weekend :)

Hoping for another classy and arty year from thalai...

abbydoss1969
7th November 2005, 07:34 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: likes of Kullan(A(Sachin), Seeni(Ramanujam), Mottai and Bhaibul)!

vijayr
7th November 2005, 10:11 PM
Wishing Kamal on his b'day and hoping that he does less comedy films with the likes of KS Ravikumar and attempts more along the lines of Hey Ram, Virumandi, Anbe Sivam etc.

rajdes
8th November 2005, 01:15 PM
vijayr - paavam Kamalukkum vayirunnu onnu irukkupa - hey ram , anbe sivam idhellaam mattum edutha, panjam pattiniyile poyiduvaaru - adhanala, we can only hope that he earns enough from his comedy movies to make daring attempts. :-).

alwarpet_andavan
8th November 2005, 01:20 PM
Vijayr,
K.S Ravikumar is supposed to have told [don't have the source, this is just hearsay] that Dasavatharam is not a "typical" KSR-KH comedy. We will know once Sir returns to Chennai from the U.S in the last week of November. The poojai for Dasavatharam will happen soon after that.

Shankar
8th November 2005, 02:20 PM
AA,
KSR gives a lot of BS before his movies. I suggest you don't attach importance to his words...Lets see what Kamal has to say about the movie.

KSR said "pulippAl kaRandhAchu (from arr)...ovvoru song un TN muzhuvadhum pEsappadum" before the release of tenali audio...It turned out to be kazhudhai pAl :-)

zz
8th November 2005, 03:55 PM
>>>KSR said "pulippAl kaRandhAchu (from arr)...ovvoru song un TN muzhuvadhum pEsappadum" before the release of tenali audio...It turned out to be kazhudhai pAl

Really???

I guess tenali was abig hit among masses. Even now the "Ho Ja re" song is played in many channels repeatedly and also in jolly functions. "Swasame" is a very good melody which is still so sweet after many years...

Tenali might not be a Puli Pal (neither you..nor I have tated it for sure...) but it is definitely not a kazhudhai pAl..

Cinefan
8th November 2005, 04:48 PM
Vijayr,
K.S Ravikumar is supposed to have told [don't have the source, this is just hearsay] that Dasavatharam is not a "typical" KSR-KH comedy. We will know once Sir returns to Chennai from the U.S in the last week of November. The poojai for Dasavatharam will happen soon after that.

The source is the latest issue of AV.It has an interview with KSR.

Scale
9th November 2005, 11:10 AM
AA,
KSR gives a lot of BS before his movies. I suggest you don't attach importance to his words...Lets see what Kamal has to say about the movie.

KSR said "pulippAl kaRandhAchu (from arr)...ovvoru song un TN muzhuvadhum pEsappadum" before the release of tenali audio...It turned out to be kazhudhai pAl :-)

Forget abt KSR, Who the hell are you to comment it turned out to Kaz**** pal? I know how to hit you and tackle this issue. Take it.

U r exactly rite! The main character portrayed in that movie itself is a Kazhudhai and the way he walks,talks,sings,dances(shakes) like a kazhudhai. To avoid that, the composer (& director) should have rejected by not letting him to sing a song, like how (MD & Dir) they did in "Indian". Chitra was fabulous and that kazhudhai messed that whole song.

Shankar! Tear your mask of that korangu (pal) song (MX) and post sensibly relating to this thread KH-IR-SSR-MX. Dont call for war unnecessarily. Even any dud (latest) release of your genius have more hype than anyone from the so called producers and directors (COA,AOKK,MX,TIS etc). Tenali songs are far better than any songs in MX. Ppl other than this forum dont even know what were the songs in MX & Heyram. Like zz said "Swasame" & "Hoja Re" still rocks.

Kamal himself after tenali, have asked arr to compose to his next film but arr couldnt find more days. Just have a look at this review.

http://www.themusicmagazine.com/tenali.html
Rahman's quickie score for this Kamala Hassan starrer is likely to leave even his diehard fans far from satisfied

"It is perhaps the film's subject that dictated this disjointed score, but, going by the songs alone, you could say Rahman is definitely drifting away from the organic melodies that he attempted in films like Alai Payuthe, Pukar and Mudhalvan"

(PS: I will delete/replace my above post with ***** - KH & ***** with IR once shankar reads this. btw, no need to say that I am a big admirer of KH & IR. But ppl like shankar needs to stop bashing rahman & co unnecessarily).

Shankar
9th November 2005, 02:07 PM
>>>>>>>>>
but it is definitely not a kazhudhai pAl..
<<<<<<<<<

So...how does kazhudhai pAl taste ?

Shankar
9th November 2005, 02:10 PM
>>>>>>>>
Tenali songs are far better than any songs in MX. Ppl other than this forum dont even know what were the songs in MX & Heyram. Like zz said "Swasame" & "Hoja Re" still rocks.
<<<<<<<<
Romba sandhosham...you can go ahead and delete your post..and enjoy ur glass of KP :-)

Shankar
9th November 2005, 02:11 PM
>>>>>>>
Forget abt KSR, Who the hell are you to comment it turned out to Kaz**** pal?
<<<<<<<

Who the heck are you to suggest me what to post and what not to...Either you give ur side of the argument or shut up and watch.

thumburu
9th November 2005, 02:27 PM
"Tenali songs are far better than any songs in MX" -
Good joke.
Kazhudhaikku theriyuma karpura vasanai?

Scale
9th November 2005, 03:03 PM
>>>>>>>>
Tenali songs are far better than any songs in MX. Ppl other than this forum dont even know what were the songs in MX & Heyram. Like zz said "Swasame" & "Hoja Re" still rocks.
<<<<<<<<
Romba sandhosham...you can go ahead and delete your post..and enjoy ur glass of KP :-)

I wont as long as you recover!

>>>>
Watch
<<<

I have been watching you since long time & yr bothai/addictiveness towards korangu pal. I am concerendonly about its sideeffects. Enjoy drinking and continue yr volarals (haughtiness) as much u can!.

Scale
9th November 2005, 03:09 PM
"Tenali songs are far better than any songs in MX" -
Good joke.
Kazhudhaikku theriyuma karpura vasanai?

Why do u have to cut the following "Ppl other than this forum dont even know what were the songs in MX & Heyram. Like zz said "Swasame" & "Hoja Re" still rocks "

That post was just meant to shankar and not for any comparison. Tenali was a quickie score by arr and what I alleged is that it still on playlist (mass) when compared to MX.

"Kazhudhaikku theriyuma karpura vasanai"

definetly not :) !

tmrrmt
9th November 2005, 03:15 PM
Yennappa idhu, indha threadai oru MILK DAIRY yaa maathitteengaley

ok - my take on this - I find the songs of Vasool Raja MBBS a perfect fit to the movie's requirements - loved 'kalakkapovadhu yaaru', 'siricchu' (perfect song for the situation aimed at front benchers) and 'kaadu thirandhey'

But I can perceive Kamal's stamp in bringing out such compositions - with ARR it must have been the case as well

I find ARR's Thenali - 'flavored milk' that we drink for a change, VS's VR MBBS - a one-off enjoyable 'flavored milk' with a different flavor and IR's MX - coconut milk served in a coke bottle (given IR's dalliance with jazz fulltime), but tasty nevertheless!!

before the 'pal', pulichhifies and gives this thread a bad smell, let us put an end to this 'pal' sandai

Scale
9th November 2005, 03:17 PM
:lol: :rotfl:

Shankar
9th November 2005, 06:14 PM
Madhan,
Vasool was by Bharadwaj mama :-)

9th November 2005, 08:14 PM
Instead of risking with pulipAl and kazhudhai pAl, plz try naturopathy potions like carrot juice and arugampull juice :)

vijayr
9th November 2005, 09:58 PM
Well, I under stand that Kamal needs to do comedy films once in a while to earn something. But just felt that there has been a long gap of late. Almost 2 years or so it seems since Virumandi releases. I am not sure if VV is a serious film, knowing Gautam Menon it might be a slick commercial thriller.

That aside, PaNam paNNanumna comedy padam dhaan paNNIyaagaNuma? Thats what is a little disconcerting. Hope VV proves to be an exception.

And regarding KSR- I hate that guy. A very overrated forumulaic movie maker for whom movie making is completely business. I am disappointed that Kamal continues to work with such a guy. Veruma tea kondu varadhukku dhaan KSR'na kooda, adhukku kooda vera yaaravadhu young directors'kku chance kudukkalaam. If someone has seen those movies of KSR which didnt have any big stars or actors, and in some of which he himself acted as the hero, you would think he is'nt worth even spitting at. I think Kamal is using him as a good schedule-maker to finish the job efficiently and with minimal expenses.

I would like to see Kamal work with Bala, Selvaraghavan and even with lesser league commercial directors like Murugadoss who take their craft seriously, than with KSR.

rajdes
10th November 2005, 09:24 AM
vijayr, panam pannanumna comedy dhaan pannanumnu illai. Aanal, for Kamal, 'suluva'(hope you get that madras slang), udambu nogama panam pannanumna adhaan best.
Because, you know, all his other efforts eventually bnecome serious efforts - even Hey Ram was supposed to be the *big money earner* that will give him the requisite money for Maraudhanayagam *LOL* - this he mentioned in some interview. I think Kamal has since then figured out that for him to earn money and still not do a out-and-out-masala movie, comedy is the way to go. Also, if he starts off on any non-comedy film, it is sure to baloon into a serious effort.

I personally dont like even one of his comedy movies after MMKR.

rajdes
10th November 2005, 09:25 AM
I personally dont like even one of his comedy movies after MMKR.
".. think Kamal is using him as a good schedule-maker to finish the job efficiently and with minimal expenses. "
Exactly!

tmrrmt
10th November 2005, 10:53 AM
And with the amount of 'paal' floating around in this thread, any passerby would suspect this to be the story discussion for our beloved Ramarajan's next movie 'Enga ooru paalkaran' - for all that we know, Ramarajan might even try 'kazhudha paal' for a change - imagine RR sitting with a lungi by a kazhudai's side and karundhufying milk!

alwarpet_andavan
10th November 2005, 06:51 PM
Vijayr/Rajdes,
VV will be a serious and sensible film for sure. About Dasavatharam, we will have to wait and see. However, let me assure you that, with 10 get-ups/roles, this won't be one of the run of the mill KSR-KH comedies :)

Alien
11th November 2005, 07:24 PM
Vijayr/Rajdes,
VV will be a serious and sensible film for sure. About Dasavatharam, we will have to wait and see. However, let me assure you that, with 10 get-ups/roles, this won't be one of the run of the mill KSR-KH comedies :)

Yeah, KSR has said that in his interview to Anandha Vikatan, last week(13/11/2005). He says that it won't be a comedy film as everyone would expect from their combo .
He assures that it'll be like a Navarathri for Sivaji sir !!
I don't believe his words in full either, but I believe Kamal
I sincerely wish its not a comedy film 8-)