PDA

View Full Version : Songs that can be remixed for IR's next Hindi album

raja_fan
13th June 2007, 02:43 PM
Suppose IR again goes for a remix of his tamil songs for Balki's Pa .

What songs will appeal more to the Hindi audience and have more success probability ?

Consider these situations.

1. One solo male dance number .

2. One family song / father-son song.

3. Melodious love duet.

raja_fan
13th June 2007, 09:22 PM
Please share your views !

MrJudge
14th June 2007, 02:32 PM
raja_fan,

Actually I was thinking on this topic after listened to CK.

My first choice: yengengo sellum en ennagal from PKB (for situation 3)

Kupps
14th June 2007, 04:10 PM
MrJudge,
that is a splendid melody. but i doubt whether it will be appreciated by hindi movie audience. looking at the way IR's songs are rehashed i believe iLamayenum poongaatRu would be rehashed as a duet with a current trend orchestration, may be.

MrJudge
14th June 2007, 05:09 PM
MrJudge,
that is a splendid melody. but i doubt whether it will be appreciated by hindi movie audience. looking at the way IR's songs are rehashed i believe iLamayenum poongaatRu would be rehashed as a duet with a current trend orchestration, may be.

I think the PKB song will be a good one for hindi remake. :) The tune is kinda moving (literally) throughout the song, no breaks!

Ilamayenum poongaatru has some speed breakers at places, for example when gaatru, pattu, aasai words coming. Will that be suitable for hindi lyrics??

rajasaranam
14th June 2007, 05:51 PM
for situation 2 i would to remix 'Uravenum Puthiya vaanil' not because it has Pa Pa Pa Pa.... :) But the song really gives out the warm feeling of love... well IR can translate the love between lovers to a father son relation. moreover the song will be very modern/contemporary even if we hear it with same orchestration today! only that it needs a better recording

irnet
15th June 2007, 03:16 AM
good topic..

And hope Balki will not take Samir in the lyrics dept again..

Otherwise, we will hear the same words: tere bina mar jaavoonga, chain nahin, neend nahin, gindagi nahin.. mein tum pe martha huh..

Hope,they will go for Javed saab or some new comers..

irir123
15th June 2007, 10:31 AM
I doubt IR will agree for remixing/rehashing again - most likely they will all be fresh tunes

Sanjeevi
15th June 2007, 10:54 AM
Ilamai Itho Itho (SKV) for solo male dance number will be perfect.
Thenpandi thamizhae (PP) for family song
Kalyana Then Nila (MS) for love duet

raja_fan
15th June 2007, 11:22 AM
"
Thenpandi thamizhae (PP) for family song
Kalyana Then Nila (MS) for love duet
"

These two are too south indian !

raja_fan
15th June 2007, 11:23 AM
For the dance number "Appappaa thithikum.." from Jappanil Kalyanaraman ?

thumburu
15th June 2007, 03:37 PM
Even though the harsh reality points to only remix or rehash as lifeline for IR's survival, I would still prefer him to compose new tunes and get royally kicked around by fans here for synth, dejavu feel, mediocre tunes . IR wailing most pf the songs, making bhava[paavaa] bray... what better way to fill IR's new Album pages?
hm........ namakkum pozhudu povendamaa pinna?

app_engine
15th June 2007, 09:13 PM
IMHO, there's no north / south part in the melody itself. Only the presentation layer differs, IMHO...If you look at 'kuzhaloodhum', it's out and out a TN folk and still it fits...Unless it's some carnatic number, any one of the popular melodies can be picked, strip off the (good, original) orchestration completely and fill in with some modern sounds / piano / sax etc. (That way 'shiva 2006' songs were good too but not promoted well, movie bombed and hence they failed to get attention. I don't see a big difference in the songs picked or presentation)...And stick with Shreya Goshal for all songs.

Good promotion is the main key. If it's a very big banner movie, even success of the movie is not needed for the song to be in the charts. If not, movie has to be a hit for the songs to get noticed.

Much like the TFM scenario today...If a song has no big banner movie or a hit movie, chances of it getting noticed - however great it might be - are very less. This is one biggest difference to 80's when songs like 'Oh nenjamE, idhu un rAghamE' could get noticed for the sheer beauty of the song...(hmmm...even songs from 'never-released-dubba-only' movies became so popular, thanks to radio those days)...

raja_fan
19th June 2007, 12:13 PM
How about "Ilamai enum poonkaatru" and "Kodai kaala kaatre" ?

njv
28th July 2007, 05:40 AM
Some of the songs I am thinking for Pa are...

Madai thiranthu - Could be a peppy song for Abishek.
Ponvaanam paneer thoovuthu - Specially if it has some nice lyrics and has Shreya Goshal singing

Vegam Vegam from Anjali - with male voice for Amitabh - specially a song that he sing for his children (may be a flashback song) or his grandchile
Kaadhal oviam (alaigal paivathillai)
Pani Vizhul malar vanam
Ilangathu veesuthu
Raja Raja Chozan naan

Probaly a lot more n my mind...

raja_fan : story enna perusa irukka povuthu. father, son, sentiment, lover in between,- may be inspired from TT.

raja_fan
28th July 2007, 11:25 AM
njv,

adhu "alaigal oivadhillai", not Paivadhillai.
Adhu enna puliyaa..paivadharkku ?

Just kidding :D

njv
30th July 2007, 01:14 AM
njv,

adhu "alaigal oivadhillai", not Paivadhillai.
Adhu enna puliyaa..paivadharkku ?

Just kidding :D

Tsunamila paanchuthilla! Sorry its alaigal oivathillai only.