PDA

View Full Version : Tintin - The Movie!!!! WHOOT WHOOT!!

Rocky_
12th June 2007, 05:31 AM
A Wish that I've had ever since I started to read "The Prisoners Of The Sun" which was my first Tintin Comic when I was back in 3rd grade. 8-) I've read every single one now....and I often wondered why they didn't make a Movie for Tintin....It's the Perfect Fun, Action packed, Humorous Comic of all time. 8-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tintin_%282009_film%29

Can't Wait :boo:

Ur thoughts. 8-)

kannannn
12th June 2007, 04:28 PM
That would be great!! For some reason I believe Peter Jackson would make a better adaptation than Spielberg. I just hope they include my favourite title "The Calculus Affair".

thilak4life
12th June 2007, 04:35 PM
Somehow, I ain't excited about this. It can never ever match the magic of the comics!

kannannn
12th June 2007, 04:45 PM
In a way I understand what you mean. The 2 dimensional Tintin on Cartoon Network was repulsive to hardcore fans. But Peter Jacksons name raises expectations.

The greatness of both Tintin and Asterix lie in the way they have been translated into English. If only they can do justice to that..

thilak4life
12th June 2007, 04:55 PM
Yeah but I'm sure Peter isn't the type who would choose Tintin. But, from what I've seen from Peter, cult horror flicks or his fantasy marvels - he mastered them. So, he might jump into the comic bandwagon and excel too. But this comic franchise isn't childish and yet, it is for kids. Somehow, I fell in love with it when I was in school. I would borrow it from my bro and read it even today. So, it's going to be interesting whether the film could match that and keeps the viewer involved.

Cartoon series - :banghead:

Rocky_
13th June 2007, 01:04 AM
That would be great!! For some reason I believe Peter Jackson would make a better adaptation than Spielberg. I just hope they include my favourite title "The Calculus Affair".

Same here..The Calculus Affair, Prisoners Of The Sun and Tintin and The Broken Ear are my most Fav Ones. 8-)

Rocky_
13th June 2007, 01:09 AM
In a way I understand what you mean. The 2 dimensional Tintin on Cartoon Network was repulsive to hardcore fans. But Peter Jacksons name raises expectations.

The greatness of both Tintin and Asterix lie in the way they have been translated into English. If only they can do justice to that..

The Animation was pathetic, also Tintin's Voice really hit me by surprise, because I didn't imagine it to be that way it was....:? I knew it would be a bit high pitched since Tintin isn't really portrayed to be a very Masculine Rugged Character like Captain Haddock, but I was for some reason still disappointed to hear his voice. :?

Rocky_
13th June 2007, 01:12 AM
Yeah but I'm sure Peter isn't the type who would choose Tintin. But, from what I've seen from Peter, cult horror flicks or his fantasy marvels - he mastered them. So, he might jump into the comic bandwagon and excel too. But this comic franchise isn't childish and yet, it is for kids. Somehow, I fell in love with it when I was in school. I would borrow it from my bro and read it even today. So, it's going to be interesting whether the film could match that and keeps the viewer involved.

Cartoon series - :banghead:

I'd like Tintin to be presented like Sin City....not the content (sex, gory violence etc) but the way it was edited. Even though it was a movie, I still felt like I was reading the novel. 8-) Hope the music is as good as sin city too. 8-)

The "Cells Instrumental" by The Servents in the Trailor was Enchanting. 8-) It gets me in the mood and somehow inspires me when I write "Flawless-the epitome of perfection". :P

Ditto on the Cartoon Series. :lol2:

Wibha
13th June 2007, 05:44 AM
nothing can become as good as th books...... :clap:

Designer
13th June 2007, 05:50 AM
nothing can become as good as th books...... :clap:

true, so lets hope the screen adaptation does sufficient justice to the comic book version :)

My favs - The 7 Crystal Balls, Destination Moon, Explorers On The Moon, The Calculus Affair, Prisoners Of The Sun, among others.

madhus369
15th June 2007, 05:10 AM
It is difficult for the film version to master the books. Even the Asterix movies fail miserably when compared to the book experience. Anyway, hopefully Spielberg can prove me wrong again !!

thilak4life
16th January 2009, 12:06 PM
http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0642809/

Interesting how they're going to make Pegg and Frost look similar.

I'm still underwhelmed of this venture...

Shakthiprabha.
16th January 2009, 12:15 PM
I aint sure if making movies out of comics would work out. Though I would love to watch tintin on screen.

apart from tintin ive been an avid reader of archie comics, heard the television serial on archie was a big flop.

Probably we wont and cant relate the 3d dimension of real actors to merge and gel with our images of comic fiction.

Wibha
16th January 2009, 12:17 PM
Tintin came as cartoon too for a while :? Some liked it some didn't.

Archie should be read....seeing gives no thrills..

Tintin movie-intersting. Would love to see it but I doubt if it will be a hit.

Shakthiprabha.
16th January 2009, 12:18 PM
wow wibhs, was just thinkig of u :D
/dign

Wibha
16th January 2009, 12:20 PM
wibha-vai nambinor kaividapadaar :lol2:

//end dig