PDA

View Full Version : AR Rahman & SJ SURYA's "A Aah" (BEST FRIEND)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Movies
22nd July 2005, 08:52 AM
May I also add

Anbe Aaryuire and Mayiliragae are the top 2 songs of the year so far!

ykrrajan
22nd July 2005, 09:07 AM
ANBE ARUYIRE IS THE BEST INTRO SONG OF THE DECADE. I THINK IT WILL BEAT THE ORUVAN ORUVAN TO BECOME THE ALL TIME BEST INTRO SONG.

kamarajc
22nd July 2005, 09:51 AM
ARR has done a real wonderful job, no doubt in it.

But there is something I find missing in ARR based DFs. Excuse me if I am wrong, and help me understand better.

I dont see a musical analysis or talking about the fine aspects of ARR songs. May be, ARR fans should do that tribute to this genius. Atleast in IR and HJ forums, we can see analysis of each and every song which gives an interesting insight into the work. But, ARR's reviews are filled with well-predicted words like 'GOD', 'MAKING HISTORY', 'TOPPING CHARTS', and 'HIT OF THE YEAR'. And.. talking about Audio market dynamics. And, you know what ARR fans come and do in other forums. I am yet to see a good review of this album. I expected ARR fans would do that. I am still waiting for it patiently.

Movies
22nd July 2005, 10:05 AM
Kamrajc,

I hate to admit! but ur very true!

Probably arr fans spend all the time denying the evil monks in their threads that they(WE) forget about reviewing!

Guess_Me
22nd July 2005, 10:11 AM
Ah Aah - Anbe Aaruyire - The rocker is back
IndiaGlitz [Friday, July 22, 2005]

The pair of S J Suryah and A R Rehman did not exactly create magic in New. But the songs were chart-busters as they had what the in-crowd was looking for --- plenty of rhythms sugar-coated with melody.

Anbe Aaruyire too falls into the category. As this is Rehman's first Tamil film after a long gap, the expectations were high. The master of modern melodies has not disappointed. But Rehman seems to have played safe by giving what the director asked of him rather than try and give his own style of music. The thing that appeals to you the most is the splendid orchestration as opposed to the essential tunes. The six songs, though not spectacular, are hum-worthy.

1) Anbe Aaruyire

It begins with weighted rhythms that Rehman is so famous for. Just the kind of going to announce the master's comeback. The vocals are also Rehman's. Considering the robust rhythms, his voice comes across slightly muted. But he carries on manfully. The song has a catchy ditty and an agreeable melody.

2) Mayilirage

The Tavil percussion lands soothingly on your ear. It is deep and resonant. And quickly Naresh Iyer (he comes across as a cross between Harish Raghavendra and Unni Krishnan) and Madhushiri (sounds almost like Sadhana) take over. Their sweetness swathes comfortably like a snug blanket on a wintry night. The word Mayilirage (Peacock's plumes) are just apt --- you feel like being caressed by it after listening to this number.

3) Varugiraai

With Hariharan and Chitra in the front, the song promises a lot. The song deals with the pangs of love. The high-pitched orbit of the tune makes it a difficult composition. Again Rehman shows his originality in mixing and instrumentation.

4) Thigu, Thigu

The heavy rhythms start almost blazingly. Sadhana Sargam, of course, has the voice and versatility to match them. There is more than a touch of Arabian lilt and Persian Ghazal in the quintessence. The lyrics (Vaali) sound slightly bawdy.

5) Thazhuviudu

Shreya starts off in a husky manner. But by the time SPB joins her, the song is well and truly into unique staccato pattern. There is no song as we traditionally know it. Perhaps it is a situational number. There is nothing redeeming, except the Rehman's stunning instrumentation.

6) Maramkothiye

It may be the pick of the album. The rap beginning (by Bilaze) may be on expected lines. But the take off is original and acceptable. Shankar Mahadevan sings well within himself and does not go for the jugular. The female voices of Shalini, Vasundaradass provide the right covering for such a number. The sci-fi interludes add a unique allure to the whole rendition.

On the whole, Rehman has shown that he has lost none of his touch and feel. So pretenders had better move over. The master is back.

Thiru
22nd July 2005, 10:29 AM
Please bring to my attention about ppl who post mp3 links for these songs and any new albums.. Lets do our part to prevent piracy..

Movies
22nd July 2005, 10:33 AM
Maramkothiyae, is a treat to the ears when you listen it on headphones!... eventhough it soo sounds like a routine remix on routine speakers, the headphones speak something different!

Reall good programing , lots of synth. multi layered.

Real good work!

Arjuna
22nd July 2005, 10:42 AM
President Abdul Kalam about A.R.Rahman in his book:

"A.R. RAHMAN may be a Muslim but his voice echoes in the soul of all
Indians, of whatever faith, when he sings Vande Mataram. The
greatest danger to our sense of unity and our sense of purpose comes
from those ideologists who seek to divide the people. It is when we
accept India in all its splendid glory that, with a shared past as a
base, we can look forward to a shared future of peace and
prosperity, of creation and abundance. Our past is there with us
forever. It has to be nurtured in good faith, not destroyed in
exercises of political one-upmanship. The developed India will not
be a nation of cities. It will be a network of prosperous villages
empowered by telemedicine, tele education and e-commerce. The new
India will emerge out of t combination of biotechnology, biosciences
and agriculture sciences and industrial development. The political
leaders would be working with the zeal born of the knowledge that
the nation is bigger than individual interests and political
parties. The most important and urgent task before our leadership is
to get all the forces for constructive change together and deploy
them in a mission mode. India is a country of one billion people
with numerous religions and communities. It offers a wide spectrum
of ideologies, besides its geographic diversity. This is our
greatest strength. However, fragmented thinking, compartmentalized
planning and isolated efforts are not yielding results. The people
have to come together to create a harmonious India."

- President Abdul Kalam

lancelot
22nd July 2005, 11:19 AM
President Abdul Kalam about A.R.Rahman in his book:

"A.R. RAHMAN may be a Muslim but his voice echoes in the soul of all
Indians, of whatever faith, when he sings Vande Mataram. The
greatest danger to our sense of unity and our sense of purpose comes
from those ideologists who seek to divide the people. It is when we
accept India in all its splendid glory that, with a shared past as a
base, we can look forward to a shared future of peace and
prosperity, of creation and abundance. Our past is there with us
forever. It has to be nurtured in good faith, not destroyed in
exercises of political one-upmanship. The developed India will not
be a nation of cities. It will be a network of prosperous villages
empowered by telemedicine, tele education and e-commerce. The new
India will emerge out of t combination of biotechnology, biosciences
and agriculture sciences and industrial development. The political
leaders would be working with the zeal born of the knowledge that
the nation is bigger than individual interests and political
parties. The most important and urgent task before our leadership is
to get all the forces for constructive change together and deploy
them in a mission mode. India is a country of one billion people
with numerous religions and communities. It offers a wide spectrum
of ideologies, besides its geographic diversity. This is our
greatest strength. However, fragmented thinking, compartmentalized
planning and isolated efforts are not yielding results. The people
have to come together to create a harmonious India."

- President Abdul Kalam

:notworthy: :notworthy: :clap: :clap:

sureshc
22nd July 2005, 11:32 AM
when is God Father audio expected to release?

coucou
22nd July 2005, 12:59 PM
september 16

sanchayy
22nd July 2005, 02:49 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/

interz
22nd July 2005, 04:13 PM
after getting used to harris jeyaraj, vidyasagar and yuvan skankarrajas tunes, ar rahman songs doesnt sound that different.

dinesh2002
22nd July 2005, 04:49 PM
On the whole, Rehman has shown that he has lost none of his touch and feel. So pretenders had better move over. The master is back.

this is for ur VS,HJ & YSR ,interz!!

Arjuna
22nd July 2005, 05:01 PM
dinesh - these guys are scared to death now..now they know the power of thalaivar ARR..ARR is the King of Indian Film Music..so we shuldnt waste time answering these small time MDs fans!! IR's fans respect us - since we showed them our humbleness and value during the TIS launch..Its only those mediocre so called music directors who think they are top of the world and also their stupid moron fans who think they know the best!!

Arjuna
22nd July 2005, 05:04 PM
can someone call up Kilpauk Mental Hospital and inform that a mad man in the name of sureshc has broke loose!! Call the ambulance man!! He may have rabies!! Keeps on barking all the time

coucou
22nd July 2005, 05:04 PM
[tscii:04eb50a851]From: "keshav" <coolcrave@...>
Date: Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:13 am
Subject: Ah Aah : Looking Into depths govindey
Send Email

A precious Attempt: Ah Aah!! Looking into depths of music creativity

The soundtrack for film's such as Bose: The forgotten Hero and The Rising were pretty much set back in time with some contemporary features. These film’s had distinct music form which were destined to be heard constantly. A.R.A.R.Rahman, the music whiz, is highly credited for having such amazing talent in executing music at any given circumstances. He has indeed been dominating the Indian Music Industry for long and has always been a delicate music trend setter. A.R.Rahman is the only known individual who matches the chemistry between the ear drums and his composition. The Rising, had been beautifully adorned by various melody and rhythm, bringing genres such as folk, contemporary and classical in to light. Having adapted such rich and exquisite manner of composing music, A.R.Rahman makes a colossal comeback to south India making his composing style a total makeover. Yes he is back; it’s the moment that all die hard tamil fans of his had to wait for. The wait has ended and the outcome is par beyond excellence. Director S.J.Surya who directed Vaali, Kushi and New is back with Anbe Aaruyire (Ah Aah). Vaali has done a splendid job (refrained from English words is a wonder) penning the lyrics for all six songs in the movie. A.R.Rahman lends his hand composing in the New Age genre; the tunes are as usual fresh and innovative. Let’s feed into the tracks;

Anbe Aaruyire : Sturdy occurrence.

A.R.A.R.Rahman.

The song starts with a different voice (aahhhh flange effect) and drum loops and all of a sudden you have A.R.Rahman entering the melody with an unusual note, which breaks the current ambience. A.R.Rahman sounds so different in this number, not with his high pitched vocal but kinda suttle version this time. He seems to be maturing.

The song seem to have the strong bhava of raga saramathi. The lyrics arraira kodi perghalil oruvan adiyaen Tamilzhan nan unggal nanban which translates: “amongst 6 million human population (India), as a Tamil servant I am your friend”, is so touching and delivers a strong message straight to your heart. This is a promising start for A.R.Rahman’s tamil musical venture and will be a trademark for his return down south. The Tamil syllables ‘Ah Aah is used all over the song, even in some part of the lyrics. The rhythm of the song is sophisticated plus peppy loops woven around it, creates an energetic ambience. This song is at its own class. The strings are beautifully added in the 2nd charanam and the female and kids chorus are amazing. Some delicate usage of strings could be heard from 03:07 to 03:12. Repetitive effects such as echo and flange have added beauty to this song. The song ends with “neengal illamal naan inggay illai” I am nowhere without you” A.R.Rahman is ironically referring to his fans.

Mayilirage: Soothing and smooth as a peacock feather

Madhushree and Naresh Iyer

Wow! The initial traditional south Indian instruments thavil, naadaswaaram and kartaals amplify the south Indian music ambience. Later, joined with the tabla and chords A.R.Rahman creates a melodies tune flowing smoothly over your soul. Madhushree sounds sweet in her rendering and not forgetting Naresh Iyer (SS finalist refer to the image 1.1) for his marvelous voice and a promising debut. Naresh, naturally with good tone and voice modulation is well exploited by A.R.Rahman. The naadaswaran which is replicated

Image 1.1

Digitally(tenor sax or oboe), portrays an unusual feel. The rhythm rules over this song, it’s a great experimental effort in combining both thavil and tabla to convey music. The chords and tingling effects help create a vintage feel moving freely behind the song unnoticed. The pallavi and charanams varies in different aspect of music. Both of them have different melody hues and music arrangements. This is a style A.R.Rahman has adept to convey diverse music forms.

The sequence of the song you would most expect for is when madhushree goes “Uyirai thodun…..” moves so divine with the orchestration. The pallavi communicates in raga manirangu whereas the charanams have some anya swaras(foreign notes) like suddha dhaivatham and prati madhyaman. The song has simple interludes with powerful effects to deliver the melody. It’s true to say that A.R.Rahman is at his best in executing such rare tunes. The tingling effect bids the song goodbye.

Varugirai : Reinstating your soul

Hariharan and Chitra

Hari and chitra duo had been missing for a while and A.R.Rahman has revived them in a splendid pop music presentation. The song start with hallucinating music ambience accompanied by the drum beats resembling the human heart beat. Then with vigorous attempt the violins cry in mercy. Hari moves in with his rustic voice rendering the lyrics and later accompanied by the mesmerizing chitra which her share of pathos. The overall melody of the song seem to be based on raga Keervani with some exceptional subhapantuvarali bhava when chitra goes “varugirean varugirean…”

Watch out for the chord progression from 2:45 to 2:55 simply outstanding. The charanams are simple and is flourished with major string executions i.e. 5:20 to 5:28.The song is built out of associated efforts from the rhythm and orchestration section. The interlude supports the song by lingering around the theme of fear and hatred (3:56 to 4:14) by using some feverish ambience. The song overall is a great effort.

Thigu Thigu : Depicting hunger for music.

Sadhana Sargam

The song starts with a radio edition effect having sadhana executing her vocals set to mujhra rhythm loop. Then, boom! Out pours the rhythm arrangement which is the exact of WOHE’s Dacoit Duel, it’s a delight having such rhythmic pattern in tamil songs. Sadhana accompanied by a male singer??? (is It Blaaze) renders the pallavi with grace. The tabla again has its share of fame in this number moving about freely in the melody. Sadhana’s voice is at her finest from 2:23 to 2:25. The melody again varies in 2 shades setting apart the pallavi and charanam. The song is constructed with sophisticated melodies (bearing usage of raga shivaranjini) . This song has some creative usage of tamil vocabulary which is evident in the lyrics i.e. sarama sarama avasarama and anggam thangam mridhangam. Hat’s off to vaali for such language exploitation.

The interludes are stressed by the usage of rhythms. The slow moving rhythm loops fits the lyrics well and creates that lustful mood for the song. Some notable interlude sequence is present from 4:02 to 4:25. Way to go sadhana a notable effort.

Thazhuvudu : An Exceptional bliss a musical downpour

S.P.B and Shreya Ghosal

The peak of the album and my dearest. The melody is exceptional with R&B style rhythm, having shreya rendering her lustful best making me doubting her voice, oh! My God is it she! A.R.Rahman should be credited in bringing her out of her usual classical envelop. S.P.B is another tremendous phenomenon lending his growling voice which evokes in mind, his valor of the 80’s. Before I go further, I’ve never even dreamt of having a tamil song rendered in R&B genre, but looks like reality rules in the case of Thazhuvudu. The rhythmic pattern and the rendering styles are indeed meant to represent that genre. I was in tears hearing this song. The lustful mood prevails all over the melody.

The song starts warm, with tingling effects in the background and some Caribbean drums filling the melody. Shreya enters, seductively whispering the lyrics, S.P.B joins her with some expressions emmm Ahhh!!, and starts to growl on the lyrics, a blissful start. There is no more turning away, the peak of the song is at 1:23 to 1:47 where three major music elements unite: orchestration, rhythm and voice,so supreme. S.P.B.’s beautiful harmony rendering “kathai ondru….” is notable. The melody seem to closely woven around raga ratipatipriya (22nd mela janyam) and suddha dhanyasi. Many might notice the “wah wah” effects used all over the song, this effect play a major role in upholding the mood. Striking Caribbean drums join the melody boosting it along with the electric guitar at 3:29 to 3:50. Shreya’s sphuritham (micro note execution) is remarkable at 4:17 to 4:20. The chorus “oru dhaaram” is delivered in harmony by both sound very polished and diversed..

The interludes shines with wonderful rhythmic expressions with little string’s supporting it. The song has many musical expressions towards the end keeping us surprised. A magnificent number, fresh effort, hail A.R.Rahman!

Maramkothiye : A soul pecker

Shankar Mahadevan, Pop shalini, Vasundara Dass and Blaaze.

The remix version of mayilirage. After the much famed “thottaal poo Malarum” A.R.Rahman does again, and the outcome is spectacular. The song contains heavy techno beat loops. Shankar lends his ultimate along with Vasundara and shalini. Blaaze breaks into the song with some rap phrases (3:58 to 4:05). The voices, filtered with phase effect seem to blend well with the background melody. I am amazed to see that the sarangi is filling the song (1:48 to 2:02) joining the league western instruments and effects. The lyrics are similar to mayilirage with only an uplifted beat. The rhythmic loops are maintained throughout the song. Music effect’s such as flange, phase and vibrato are evenly spread over the song. I am sure this number is going to be a repetitive listening number among youths since it portrays the commercial aspect of music. Peppy blow for the ear drums.

Thus ends this exclusive stride of exceptional music experience. A.R.Rahman nicely blends into the current Tamil music market with a remarkable effort. With this album A.R.Rahman has given us the pleasure of listening to some amusing and sincere tune directly from his heart. We in return must be a submissive listener to experience the bliss in his composition. His decent approached have always been warmly accepted, Anbe Aruyirea fit’s all needed requirement. Looking forward to more of such exquisite music presentations in future.

Regards

Rajj

[/tscii:04eb50a851]

coucou
22nd July 2005, 05:05 PM
the good review, isn't it?

dinesh2002
22nd July 2005, 05:06 PM
any news on Ah Aah audio sales?!?!!

dinesh2002
22nd July 2005, 05:07 PM

some where something is burning,right coucou?? :wink:

coucou
22nd July 2005, 05:32 PM

some where something is burning,right coucou?? :wink:

possible 8)

coucou
22nd July 2005, 05:42 PM
[quote="Guess_Me"]Ah Aah - Anbe Aaruyire - The rocker is back

The pair of S J Suryah and A R Rehman did not exactly create magic in New. But the songs were chart-busters as they had what the in-crowd was looking for --- plenty of rhythms sugar-coated with melody.

The pair of S J Suryah and A R Rehman created magic in New and the songs were chart-busters as they had what the in-crowd was looking for --- plenty of rhythms sugar-coated with melody.

what's right? :huh:

interz
22nd July 2005, 06:34 PM
::cry ::cry

interz
22nd July 2005, 06:36 PM
the advantage of this is mds vill try to copy this and hopefully move away from dappankoothu songs.

dinesh2002
22nd July 2005, 06:59 PM
[quote=Guess_Me]Ah Aah - Anbe Aaruyire - The rocker is back

The pair of S J Suryah and A R Rehman created magic in New and the songs were chart-busters as they had what the in-crowd was looking for --- plenty of rhythms sugar-coated with melody.

what's right? :huh:

ITS The pair of S J Suryah and A R Rehman created magic in New and the songs were chart-busters as they had what the in-crowd was looking for --- plenty of rhythms sugar-coated with melody.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/musicreview/7395.html

think earlier those indiaglitz must have condenmed the album when they heard 1st time,so they edited it again because the song sounds better each time u listen to the songs!

Music4Ever
22nd July 2005, 07:57 PM
Aarai kodi pErgaLil oruvan
AdiyEn thamizhan nAn ungal naNban

SIMPLY ROCKS! It's an amazing number sung by ARR. When he goes AaruyirEEEEEEEEEEE he simply rocks. I am wondering what is the basis sureshc gives a poor rating for all the songs. That must surely also mean he has no clue of MSV numbers, for the MailiragE number is exclusively an MSV-type of rendition.

As for concerns that this is not a trend-setting album, I am quite sure there will be any number of songs about thamizh, naNban etc from now on from other MD's. Indeed this is grand style entry of ARR into TFM after a small hiatus.

Thiru
22nd July 2005, 08:12 PM
does someone have the lyrics for the songs.. I cant make out a few words in the songs..

ReemaUK
22nd July 2005, 08:25 PM
who has the lyrics for thazhuvudu??hey dinesh2002...how are u la MCH?

A.ANAND
22nd July 2005, 08:34 PM
see shankar face in audio function aa aahh...'peii araanja matiri irunthathu '
vijay face like same-vijay manasukkule 'pochida ivar minndum vanthudare',dappangguttu pattuku vechanda appu!!!???

dinesh2002
22nd July 2005, 08:37 PM
who has the lyrics for thazhuvudu??hey dinesh2002...how are u la MCH?

hey NMH,how r u??welcome here,and i will try to get the lyric for that song! :D

kamarajc
22nd July 2005, 10:20 PM
does someone have the lyrics for the songs.. I cant make out a few words in the songs..

Thiru.. I am on the way... few days' time!

K
22nd July 2005, 10:56 PM
http://thatstamil.indiainfo.com/specials/cinema/news/rahman2.html Rahmans Praise for good music :D

vingem
22nd July 2005, 11:54 PM

En Anbe Aaruyire
En Anbe Aaruyir Neeye
En Anbe Aaruyire
En Anbe Aaruyir Neeye
En Anbe Aaruyire
En Anbe Aaruyir Neeye
En Anbe Aaruyire
En Anbe Anbe Aaruyireeeeeee...........

Aararai kodi perkalil oruvan
Adiyen tamizhan naan ungal nanban
Aa na neengal Avena naanthan
Neengal illamal naan ingu illai illai...

Kanneer sinthum kangalukku naanthan kaikuttai
Vanna tamizh pattu ayiram solven adavum seiven
Punagai enrum Ponagaiye thaan boologam engum vitu vaithen
Ungal magizhchiyai parthu vaipen
Viterintha panthu pola ullam thulattum
Pothi Pothi vaithu pazagavum illai pazhakamum illai
Manam oru thirantha puthagam thaan
Nalla manam thaan Nalla thiran thaan (A.R.Rahman & Chorus)

En Anbe Aaruyire
En Anbe Aaruyir Neeye
En Anbe Aaruyire
En Anbe Aaruyir Neeye
En Anbe Aaruyire
En Anbe Aaruyir Neeye
En Anbe Aaruyire
En Anbe Anbe Aaruyireeeeeee..........

Neengal illamal naan ingu illai illai...

Antha chanthiranum oru nanban
Antha sooriyanum oru nanban
Ivai yavum padaitha oruvun
Antha Iraivan yenakku nanban
Antha Iraivan yemakku nanban (Chorus)
Antha Iraivan yenakku nanban

En Anbe Aaruyire
En Anbe Aaruyir Neeye (Chorus)
En Anbe Aaruyire
En Anbe Aaruyir Neeye (Chorus)
En Anbe Aaruyire
En Anbe Aaruyir Neeye
En Anbe Aaruyire
En Anbe Anbe Aaruyireeeeeee..........

Neengal illamal naan ingu illai illai... (Chorus x 2)

Got this from another site(uyirvani.com) just few hours ago.
not sure posting a link to another site is against the rules of the forum. if it is mods do go ahead and delete the url.
and BTW, that site doesn't have the lyrics for Thazhuvudu.

Thiru
23rd July 2005, 12:06 AM
thanks.. you can post the link..

sanchayy
23rd July 2005, 01:09 AM
http://www.ah-aahthefilm.com/

Nerd
23rd July 2005, 07:24 AM

Two more :D

http://www.geetham.net/lyrics/ptopic,1069.html#1069

dinesh2002
23rd July 2005, 08:10 AM
http://www.ah-aahthefilm.com/

there is 1 more website for Ah aah,by Galatta.com

www.ah-aah.com

NOV
23rd July 2005, 08:28 AM
20 pages in just a couple of weeks? :D
ok, will go out and get the album today. and no, I dont listen off the net. ;)

lancelot
23rd July 2005, 08:51 AM
Music Review
Ah Aah - Anbe Aaruyire - The rocker is back

Anbe Aaruyire too falls into the category. As this is Rehman's first Tamil film after a long gap, the expectations were high. The master of modern melodies has not disappointed. The thing that appeals to you the most is the splendid orchestration as opposed to the essential tunes.

1) Anbe Aaruyire

It begins with weighted rhythms that Rehman is so famous for. Just the kind of going to announce the master's comeback. The vocals are also Rehman's. The song has a catchy ditty and an agreeable melody.

2) Mayilirage

The Tavil percussion lands soothingly on your ear. It is deep and resonant. And quickly Naresh Iyer (he comes across as a cross between Harish Raghavendra and Unni Krishnan) and Madhushiri (sounds almost like Sadhana) take over. Their sweetness swathes comfortably like a snug blanket on a wintry night. The word Mayilirage (Peacock's plumes) are just apt --- you feel like being caressed by it after listening to this number.

3) Varugiraai

With Hariharan and Chitra in the front, the song promises a lot. The song deals with the pangs of love. The high-pitched orbit of the tune makes it a difficult composition. Again Rehman shows his originality in mixing and instrumentation.

4) Thigu, Thigu

The heavy rhythms start almost blazingly. Sadhana Sargam, of course, has the voice and versatility to match them. There is more than a touch of Arabian lilt and Persian Ghazal in the quintessence. The lyrics (Vaali) sound slightly bawdy.

5) Thazhuviudu

Shreya starts off in a husky manner. But by the time SPB joins her, the song is well and truly into unique staccato pattern. There is no song as we traditionally know it. Perhaps it is a situational number. There is nothing redeeming, except the Rehman's stunning instrumentation.

6) Maramkothiye

It may be the pick of the album. The rap beginning (by Bilaze) may be on expected lines. But the take off is original and acceptable. Shankar Mahadevan sings well within himself and does not go for the jugular. The female voices of Shalini, Vasundaradass provide the right covering for such a number. The sci-fi interludes add a unique allure to the whole rendition.

hehe
:D

ReemaUK
23rd July 2005, 10:34 AM
:cry: :cry: :cry: y no one took my request into consideration??
d otha fella asked for d lyrics later den me and he got it?? no fair!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Movies
23rd July 2005, 10:35 AM
Guys,

Aint A AA getting better and better day by day?

Thazhuvuthu is also sounding really good....

YIPEEEEEEEEE!

Scale
23rd July 2005, 11:30 AM
Certainly! I have been hearing Rising & Aa Aah non-stop for the past two days in a jumbled order.

Like... Ist 4 "Repeatu"

a) Al Maddath Maula
b) Arrarai Kodi
c) Main Vari
d) Mayiliragae
e) Maramkotthiye
f) Takey Takey
g) Mangala (3)
h) Varugirai.......

did anyone noticed anbe aruyire ARR with kids chorus

Yen Anbe - ARR
Aruyire - Kids chorus...
Yen Anbe - Kids chorus
Aruyire neeye - ARR
Yen Anbe - Kids Chorus
Aruyire - ARR
Yen Anbe - ARR
Aruyire neeye - Kids Chorus.

Aa Aah.....
Yen Anbe Aruyire Yen Anbe Aruyir neeye.... Speaker screen kilinja ARR poruppu illa.

ARR - Sounds Brilliant

Guess_Me
23rd July 2005, 01:53 PM
'Anbe Aaruyire' - The master is back
Vidya Anand, Nowrunning.com, Jul 22

SJ Suryah and A R Rahman comes toghether in "Anbe Aaruyire" after the success of 'New'. Rahman through "Anbe Aaruyire", gives you songs with splendid orchestration.

There are six songs in total.

1) Anbe Aaruyire

Rahman's vocals in this song comes across slightly muted. The song is catchy and very melodious.

2) Mayilirage

The Tavil percussion forms the crux of the song. It is deep. One feels caressed after listening to this number.

3) Varugiraai

Hariharan and Chitra have lent their voices for this number. The song basically deals with the pangs of love. It is high-pitched & a altogether a difficult composition.

4) Thigu, Thigu

This song involves a heavy rhythm. Sadhana Sargam has the voice to match the rhythm. There is more than a touch of Arabian lilt and Persian Ghazal. The lyrics are given by Vaali and they sound bawdy.

5) Thazhuviudu

Shreya starts the song in a husky manner and is joined by SPB. Looks like a situational number. There is nothing redeeming, except instrumentation.

6) Maramkothiye

It is the only rap in the album. The rap is by Bilaze. Shankar Mahadevan sings well. The female voices are of Shalini, Vasundaradass.

On the whole, 'Rahman - The master is back!'

coucou
23rd July 2005, 01:57 PM
ponniyin selvam and dass are better too. kajini and thoti jeya are expected albums. so guys i fear that this albums beat ah aah!!!!!!

MADDY
23rd July 2005, 02:44 PM
hey reema...just wait for 2 more days....i think i will get it.....but i think our guys will get it faster for u........just check this page daily, u'll get the link........ :D

coucou....it always happens with ARR/....when boys released- there was already Kadhal Kondein, Kakha Kakha, Leysa Leysa, Jeyam, Paarthiban kanavu and finally manmadha rasa......though all these albums were equally popular it was Boys which broke the sales records with 2-3 lakh units sold.....so dunt worry, Ah aah will also beat these albums....

lancelot
23rd July 2005, 04:09 PM
ponniyin selvam and dass are better too. kajini and thoti jeya are expected albums. so guys i fear that this albums beat ah aah!!!!!!

someone please tell me.. and prove to me that Ah Aah will be the best out of them.. :cry: :( :( :(

hehe

coucou
23rd July 2005, 05:04 PM

someone please tell me.. and prove to me that Ah Aah will be the best out of them.. :cry: :( :( :(

hehe
everybodu could buy boys album because of famous combo shankar-arr. but sj surja -arr is not too famous :( :(

coucou
23rd July 2005, 05:14 PM
sorry lancelot, i want to say this to maddy

ReemaUK
23rd July 2005, 05:54 PM
sorry but i'm abit blur with the whole paring concept...u mean d album wont do as weel coz d dir and d music dir dun make a good pair...i just dun see any sense in that...no offence though! now if there isnt any chemistry between the actor and d actress den i can see why d movie wont do well..same thing can be said with d singers and the music dir...but the dir and d music dir??? :? :? :? hey dinesh2002 wut say u man?

Jacky
23rd July 2005, 06:00 PM
Mayilragey is so haunting! Am never able to say enough. In the world of dappankuthus this is indeed a breath of fresh air. Wish other melody composers like VS and Bharadwaj take a cue from this!

Arjuna
23rd July 2005, 06:45 PM
Yes thaluvuthu is rocking the charts all over the world!! Ulti song..SPB is the King of TFM!! that too when he shouts hey heyyyyyyyyyyyyyy - amazing...ARR is the GREATEST!!

dinesh2002
23rd July 2005, 06:56 PM
to the people who think Ah Aah will be beaten by thoti jeya,kajini or gazini wut so eva,please go & update ur self on those albums & leave Ah aah alone,let the people who r satisfied with it (me) discuss on the songs & not disscus on cowards who brings up topic such as " dass is better " gajini will beat Ah aah "...gosh! so anoying....ohh...im not telling personaly to anyone here...!! :idea:

dinesh2002
23rd July 2005, 07:00 PM
sorry but i'm abit blur with the whole paring concept...u mean d album wont do as weel coz d dir and d music dir dun make a good pair...i just dun see any sense in that...no offence though! now if there isnt any chemistry between the actor and d actress den i can see why d movie wont do well..same thing can be said with d singers and the music dir...but the dir and d music dir??? :? :? :? hey dinesh2002 wut say u man?

Reema,its very common here some people look forward with dirs-music dirs...but some people too forget that new combo can actually be better,so some people r so afraid that new combo wont work,they come up with some albums by other music dir - dir r better,or some album by clones of the music dir r better than the album they r discussing!..so its also common many people like these run loose around,dun give much attention to these kinda guys aite?? i will try to get tavudhu as soong as i can! :D:D..bye NMH!!

A.ANAND
23rd July 2005, 07:01 PM
hey guys,thoti jaya also release today.md is hj.the songs online in www.musicmazaa.com.uyire en uyire song copy from
KKS,azhagi cinderella.another song totta power copy tirupacci alvada from tajmahal..totaly the album big dissapoimat.the sound not like hj standard.sound like vidyasagar..ennaachu harrisku!!!!!????

slperson1
23rd July 2005, 07:15 PM
:lol:
A.Anand,
was just fixing to post the link and u already have :D
the songs are okay nuthin new or refreshing.the karthik & ramesh vinayagan numbers are enjoyable tho we have heard em before.
this isnt the kinda album u would want to come out with HJ after u had a hit with Anniyan.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
ROFL

OMG!!! LOL HJ has hit a NEW LOW he has copied the master of copying DEVA. LISTEN TO YARISINGARI SONG.the way the song is sung in the beginning is an EXACT coy of UMMA UMMA song!!!

dinesh2002
23rd July 2005, 07:25 PM
i think the songs r decent man! for once,a DIRECT ARR VS HJ ALBUM!!! just 3 days diff of audio release!!!Yaaridamum is Ye chilipi from Gharshana,the replacement of Oru Ooril - Kaake2....re-using format like ARR?;)

coucou
23rd July 2005, 07:32 PM
to the people who think Ah Aah will be beaten by thoti jeya,kajini or gazini wut so eva,please go & update ur self on those albums & leave Ah aah alone,let the people who r satisfied with it (me) discuss on the songs & not disscus on cowards who brings up topic such as " dass is better " gajini will beat Ah aah "...gosh! so anoying....ohh...im not telling personaly to anyone here...!! :idea:

GOOD REACTION GUYS 8) WE ARE FAITHFUL TO ARR. BUT LEAVE others arr fans to express their opinionS.

A.ANAND
23rd July 2005, 07:48 PM
i dont bashing hj's t.jaya songs,but this album is true big letdown.if compre to his previus album laysa laysa.kaaka kaaka,kovil,12b this album avarege..
only gajini will save him..[doubt]and dont forget 'GODFATHER'

dinesh2002
23rd July 2005, 07:59 PM
coucou,now tell us,thoti jeya can beat AH aah???

lancelot
23rd July 2005, 08:20 PM
u ppl know frm where i can download T-Jaya

hehe

A.ANAND
23rd July 2005, 08:24 PM
THOTI JAYA CANNOT NEAR TO AA AHH.I STILL DONT KNOW THIS ALBUM COMPOSE BY HJ?????????????????SOUNDS LIKE VIDYASAGAR..BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG DISSSAPOIMANT..

ykrrajan
23rd July 2005, 08:40 PM
I think this thread is for discussing ARR albums. From where the hell did Thotti Jaya come into this scene.

Malikkum Maduvukkum enna comparison.

lancelot
23rd July 2005, 08:49 PM
sorry dude... very sorry

back to Ah Aah...

hehe

coucou
23rd July 2005, 08:55 PM
woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow beautiful sonGS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i'm jokking
what happen to harris jeyaraj? WHERE IS HJ WHO COMPOSE leysa leysa, saamy, vassegara :( :( :(
maybe he was kidnapping an other person who scored the music instead of him :shock:
in the first listenning we don't say good or bad. but i only said that it is not saamy, kovil. in some time it is bad quality.
wait two or three days to know is thoti jeya or ah ahh is best.
ahhhhhhhhh............suspense 8)

coucou
23rd July 2005, 08:57 PM
THOTI JAYA CANNOT NEAR TO AA AHH.I STILL DONT KNOW THIS ALBUM COMPOSE BY HJ?????????????????SOUNDS LIKE VIDYASAGAR..BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG DISSSAPOIMANT..

we can start new topic titled thotti jeya vs ah ahh in current topics

Thiru
23rd July 2005, 09:09 PM
Pls stick to reviews on Aa AAh alone in this thread.. Thotti jaya or Daas or comparisons can be made in other threads...

coucou
23rd July 2005, 10:04 PM
let's see
http://www.oosai.com/top_ten.cfm

ReemaUK
23rd July 2005, 10:38 PM

GOOD REACTION GUYS 8) WE ARE FAITHFUL TO ARR. BUT LEAVE others arr fans to express their opinionS.

sure coucou!! :D i just didnt get the idea u know!!still confused abt it actually... i mean dus dis mean dat d album sales would be higher depending on which dir ar rahman chooses to work with...??

Movies
23rd July 2005, 11:02 PM
If arr = suryah isnt gonna sell then what makes u think hj= thottijaya director to sell?.... yeah great prospects, i dont even know the directors name! HAHA!

ykrrajan
23rd July 2005, 11:03 PM
HI BUDDIES ANY NEWS ABOUT AH AAH AUDIO SALES. ITS BEEN FOUR DAYS SINCE ITS RELEASE. ANY NEWS ABOUT ITS POPULARITY IN TAMILNADU.

ykrrajan
23rd July 2005, 11:10 PM
HI ALL
FOLLOW THIS LINK

http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2005/July/230705.asp

coucou
23rd July 2005, 11:43 PM
sure coucou!! :D i just didnt get the idea u know!!still confused abt it actually... i mean dus dis mean dat d album sales would be higher depending on which dir ar rahman chooses to work with...??[/quote]

for arr fans album sales depending to arr but for public, i thing audio sale depending of dir(watch audio sales of anniyan songs), actors ( watch audio sales of thiruppachi).
THIS IS MY OPINION!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

slperson1
23rd July 2005, 11:49 PM
The directors and actors associated with a film alwyas help to boost sales.Course ARR,IR & YSR i do not think need n e help tho if they team up with their fav directors its always an added bonus.

For Example:
ARR-Shankar
ARR-Mani Ratnam
YSR-Selvaragavan

these combinations raise expectations hence audio sales.
likewise mediocre music such as thirupachi can be brought up just becuz it has Vijay same with Rajini albums.

the associated actors and directors i think only help with the opening sales of the audio.just like a movie.it ends up beign the substance that carries it the rest of the way.

njv
24th July 2005, 02:25 AM
As far as the music CD sales goes, it is purely driven by MDs. Following MD has good sales figure

ARR
HJ
IR
VS
YSR

Good CD sales during hte recent days are

7G
7G BGM
Arindhum Ariyamalum
Anniyan
Chandramukhi (mainly cuz of Rajni)
Manmadhan

Apart from this few starts has their own market, for e.g.

Chandramukhi
Ghilli
MX (both IR and KH)
Sachin
Thiruppachi
Vasool Raja MBBS

Rest of the actors, including Ajith, Surya & Vikram does not have any CD market.

Few directors who has good CD reputation are

Bharathiraja (IR and ARR)
Balachandar (IR during his days)
Bala (IR)
Manirathnam (IR and ARR)
Selvaragavan (YSR)

Apart from this, few occasional good movies/music will come to the top chart. E.g.

Autograph
Kadhal

* All listings are alphabetically ordered

Dragun
24th July 2005, 03:21 AM
This is a really rocking album! MUCH better than New.

Thigu Thigu has a classic feel, kind of like an old MSV tune updated to the 21st century.

Music4Ever
24th July 2005, 06:44 AM
"Thigu Thigu has a classic feel, kind of like an old MSV tune updated to the 21st century."

MSV? Are you sure? I would say the song has the feel of some mid eighties or early nineties IR tune. For example NEthu rAthiri amma type of feel. ARR should be careful not to tune too many of such numbers or else it would be downfall time for him. Same with thazhuvudhu nazhuvudhu, IMO. It is amazing that a singer of SPB's calibre has come to such a level, singing a totally tuneless number.

Any fabulous ARR album has a trademark classy ARR number, a classy hit song (like Chayya Chayya or Rang De, or Pachchai niramE pachchai niramE), a superb melody (Ae Ajnabi or Sonalum kEtpadhillai or unai kANavillayE nEtrodu), a non-standard typically Arr-ish type of number (pOrkaLam angE or aiyyo pathikkichu). A ah has the first, third and fourth elements, IMO (Ararai kodi, MayiliragE, and VarugirAi) but the second element is missing. Usually the ARR number adds tremendous value to an album which already soars due to the presence of the second element. In this album, however, in the absence of the second element, the ARR number takes on the task of a spearhead, and I guess that is probably too much load for element 1 to bear. All I am trying to say is that this album falls short of a fabulous album of the type AlaipAyudhe or Dil Se.

slperson1
24th July 2005, 07:04 AM
what does aaruyire mean?

lancelot
24th July 2005, 07:48 AM
damn!!!! this maramkoththiye song wont let me do any work...... am hooked on to it.... an there are 5 more songs waiting to get me hooked on to

hehe :D

dinesh2002
24th July 2005, 08:02 AM
HI ALL
FOLLOW THIS LINK

what does it says here?

Movies
24th July 2005, 09:08 AM
Musicforever,

doesnt Mayiliragae become element 2?

I think so!

But I agree even if there are the 3 so called elemts in this album, A AA is not a Dilse nor an alaipayuthai. But A AA will be remembered for the great Rahman comeback into TFM.

dinesh2002
24th July 2005, 09:31 AM
yo guys,

Maramkothiye arranged and programmed by Mohd Rafee

duncha think Mohd Rafee plays a big imp role in the song ?

Movies
24th July 2005, 09:43 AM
Yes, ofcourse Dinesh, but who is he, i think he has lent his voice to a rahman song as well.

But then a song has more than arrangement and programming.

rsubras
24th July 2005, 05:21 PM
HI ALL
FOLLOW THIS LINK

what does it says here?

they are trying to tell, rahman has come to enthuse the village ppl with his music. Even this kind gesture is being questioned and doubted such as why rahman has not given any money to the ppl, what is his intention, whom wud the money that came from telecast rights etc wud go.

Music4Ever
24th July 2005, 08:31 PM
"doesnt Mayiliragae become element 2? "

Movies, depending upon ones point of view, MayiliragE can be assigned the responsibility of 2 and 3 equally well as it is a hit and a melody. However, what I am envisioning is a runaway hit song (Chikku bukku rayilE, Chayya chayya, Rang De, Telephone MaNi pol etc) which is talked about most in the album and raved about by all. Mayilirage is a melody and relatively more subdued, and IMO is not suited for the job. For that matter, even the ARR number in A ah can take on the responsibility of 2 by itself but may fall somewhat short. If only there was a runaway hit song in this album, A ah would surely reach the skies and be talked about as a super comeback for ARR. Then, with God father, ARR can make his comeback unassailable. But now I am looking toward GF to do what A ah should have done.

Movies
24th July 2005, 09:20 PM
Music4ever,

Its only a few days since its released, and how could say something is not a run away hit?

Even for boys I didnt hear people comment as good as they like A AA.

Ofcourse you have your rights assume , but I and people ive been talkin to in chennai are absolutely enthralled about a aa.

It is rahmans HIT album. The radios are talkin abt it 2>

ReemaUK
24th July 2005, 11:14 PM
i'm still waiting anxiously 4 d thazduvudu lyrics!!

coucou
25th July 2005, 01:12 AM
what does aaruyire mean?

six lifes :rotfl:

Movies
25th July 2005, 05:42 AM
coucou,

what a joke!!!, keep em rolling, LOL... jus kidding pal!

Music4Ever
25th July 2005, 06:22 AM
Movies, you have a point. Let's wait and decide. I would venture to suggest, though, that for A ah to be a great hit album much would depend upon the fate of the movie at the BO.

Movies
25th July 2005, 07:57 AM
Oh yes, A AA the movies gotta succed to have a lasting effect on A AA the album.

But I think the songs are gonna be the USP for a great opening!

Like SJS said in an interview, its the songs that is going to bring in the first audience to theater, but further success all depends on the movie.

Since there are no big movies slated for release, I think an average effort from suryah can bring in great success. In the same way arindhum ariyamal and ullam ketkumae has fetched good bbuisness!

sureshc
25th July 2005, 08:36 AM
good imagination

united07
25th July 2005, 01:11 PM
I'm an ardent fan of ARR..

but Thigu-thigu irritates me more than anything...
i dun really like most osf the songs...

Anbae Aaruyire is good...mayilirage....is good...
the rest not that good...

what the hell is wrong with lyrics like "wanna be a, wanna be a woodpecker!".....too amatuerish!...

in fact after listening to Ah..Aah...i'm enjoying MP better....the quality stands out so much better....

but only god knows how it will do well in market...in fact Muthalvan, for me ..in the beginning one of the less-efforted album from ARR...but it went out to be a big hit...but it's a lot different then Ah..aah!

God please get ARR to gives us another Kandukondain2, Alaipayuthe or Rhythm!...not another Ah..Aah, Parasuram..please....

disappointed so far...

coucou
25th July 2005, 02:07 PM
Ah Aah - Anbe Aaruyire - High on expectations
IndiaGlitz [Monday, July 25, 2005]

After a blockbuster hit in his last directorial venture New, S J Suryah is looking for an encore with A Aah, initially titled B F meaning Best Friend.

The movie starring Suryah in the lead role has a debutante, Nila, opposite him.

The movie faced enough controversies involving its title BF initially, rendering enough publicity for the movie even before it could go to floors.

However actor-director Suryah later changed the title to A Aah (Anbae Aaruyirae).

Rehman and Suryah share a excellent rapport and it was evident in New where all the six numbers went on to top the audio charts.

Even in A Aah, the music composer has come out with six numbers including one song sung by him with lyrics by Vaali.

The songs are already rocking and is giving the right build up to the film.
Suryah is thrilled about the new face in the film.

"I wanted a fresh face who resembled Simran very much. My search culminated with Nila, who not just resembles Simran but also has enough acting credentials," he says.

On asked what the movie is all about. Suryah without elaborating says, "it is an account of events that youngsters come across in their daily life. It has been narrated in an entertaining way with enough commercial mix".

The movie is all set for a release this August 15.

A.ANAND
25th July 2005, 02:53 PM
yo coucou,where is the article in indiaglitz??????
enppa ippadi poi sollaringga..

coucou
25th July 2005, 03:08 PM
yo coucou,where is the article in indiaglitz??????
enppa ippadi poi sollaringga..

yo anadh carry your glasses when you read.
:twisted: http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/preview/7395.html

dinesh2002
25th July 2005, 04:13 PM
im excited & thrilled bout the actress too...Nila ( Meera Chopra)...she looks like simran allot...duncha guys think!?!? and btw,any updates on audio sales???

coucou
25th July 2005, 05:26 PM
im excited & thrilled bout the actress too...Nila ( Meera Chopra)...she looks like simran allot...duncha guys think!?!? and btw,any updates on audio sales???

yes i'm too. when you tell me that nila is much better than sada in thread bf vs anniyan, i think it is absurd :twisted: . but after seeing the trailor,wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooov i became aware what she is beautiful :P :P

Arjuna
25th July 2005, 05:49 PM
any idea abt the audio sales?

dinesh2002
25th July 2005, 07:20 PM
yes coucou,i really liked her since i saw the 1st poster of Bf...trust me,when Ah aah movie released,the whole Tamil Nadu will chant 1 heroine name : NILAAAAAAAAAAA

Scale
25th July 2005, 07:34 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/Movies/5/7395.html

Check page 6 Ist image.

This shud be the song of Anbe Aruyire (ARR) with the kids too. SJS as MGR or Rajini. Vovara theriyila SJS kku ithu. What is he trying to do???

Veshti kattikittu G(k)oolinglasss :roll:

Anbe - 50% Heroism, Aruyire - 50% Vulgarism

(nila - still a crescent or full moon now)

dinesh2002
25th July 2005, 07:50 PM
def becoming from crescent to pournami!y updates on audio release???

Scale
25th July 2005, 08:13 PM
def becoming from crescent to pournami!y updates on audio release???

:lol: :lol: :lol: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Nayagan
25th July 2005, 10:14 PM
I love rahman's music and was surprised to know that he has a new tamil album out
( i thought he was busy with LOTR).

I was under the impression the hero was the same from kaakha kaakha(surya?).
I eagerly downloaded the trailer and I am disappointed.

First, this is different surya and he is HARDLY PASSABLE.
What is happening here? There seem to be a dearth of good heros in Tamil.
From what little I saw in the trailer, I do not want to see this movie.

I am even more disappointed that rahman finds time to make music for such
third rated movies and no time for quality movies. I listened to the music and expect
for Anbe Aaruyire which is catchy...other songs are just average so far..may be I need to listen to them more :)

The saving grace is his hindi ventures.
Hope rahman gets wise and chooses good projects in tamil.

kamarajc
26th July 2005, 12:43 AM
Yes, ofcourse Dinesh, but who is he, i think he has lent his voice to a rahman song as well.

But then a song has more than arrangement and programming.

There was a singer called Rafiq who sang 'Naadhir dhinna' in 'Parthaale Paravasam'. Did you try to recall him?

Anyways, I didnt get to see the wrapper leaf of this album and dont know abt Mohd. Rafee. However, we cannot count 'Marangothiyae' as a remix number. 'Leysa Leysa' is a good example for remix number in same album. But here, it is much MUCH more than remix. Starting from Lyrics, singers' tempo... and everything.. this song is different from the other number. They have only one thing in common - only tune. Yes, only the tune. Nothing more - Nothing less.

Both the melodious and fast numbers are appealing. Many of my friends who liked the either one came and told after few days that they liked the other one too. Me.... I relished both of them for their contrasting moods and excellent creativity that has gone in.

njv
26th July 2005, 12:45 AM
Hope rahman gets wise and chooses good projects in tamil.
Nah... as long as he stay away from Tamil movies, he will do fine. Once he is on TN border, he will end up doing "Dappaanguthu" cuz he is "competing" with HJ, VS, YSR, Dhina, Srikanth Deva and the likes.

Now HJ and YSR are definitely showing some improvement and innovation among the rest, but still ARR has to give "Manmadha rasa".

The only person who doesnt care about all these "dappanguthu" is IR but no one listen to his songs anymore. He attempted couple of "dappanguthu" song in AOKK, but then its miles away from shit. If you listen to ONOK you MAY appreciate the good music, but then, hey its 2005 and we want "Nokia" not "Kaatrinil varum geethamae".

As far as Surya goes, yes, you dont have to watch this movie. If you like the songs just grab the CD for ARR.

My next expectation from ARR for tamil is "Zilendra Oru Kaatril" cuz everyone seems to be new (relatively) and ARR has to score to win the match, which I am sure he will do. but GF is a hero centric movie, so no place for good music.

kamarajc
26th July 2005, 12:46 AM
Oh yes, A AA the movies gotta succed to have a lasting effect on A AA the album.

But I think the songs are gonna be the USP for a great opening!

Like SJS said in an interview, its the songs that is going to bring in the first audience to theater, but further success all depends on the movie.

Since there are no big movies slated for release, I think an average effort from suryah can bring in great success. In the same way arindhum ariyamal and ullam ketkumae has fetched good bbuisness!

Ullam Kaetkumae BGM was excellent - best in the recent past. However, the storyline was gripping too. :P

kamarajc
26th July 2005, 12:52 AM
I'm an ardent fan of ARR..

but Thigu-thigu irritates me more than anything...
i dun really like most osf the songs...

Anbae Aaruyire is good...mayilirage....is good...
the rest not that good...

what the hell is wrong with lyrics like "wanna be a, wanna be a woodpecker!".....too amatuerish!...

in fact after listening to Ah..Aah...i'm enjoying MP better....the quality stands out so much better....

but only god knows how it will do well in market...in fact Muthalvan, for me ..in the beginning one of the less-efforted album from ARR...but it went out to be a big hit...but it's a lot different then Ah..aah!

God please get ARR to gives us another Kandukondain2, Alaipayuthe or Rhythm!...not another Ah..Aah, Parasuram..please....

disappointed so far...

Well said... 'Thigu Thigu' seems to be a bad compromise by ARR for his director. This will fade away very soon. But, the other numbers in this album will keep it live. 'Thazhuvudhu' is not a great number that is in lines with expectation from ARR. This was done by HJ in his earlier times. We dont need ARR for songs like 'Thazhuvudhu' and 'Thigu Thigu'. 'Varugirai' could have been better if rendered by some different voices - different attempt; but not a great one. 'Aararai Kodi', ' Marangothiyae' and 'Mayiliragae' fills all the voids created by the other numbers and make this album a complete one. I dont expect anything from 'Godfather'. But, 'Jillendru Oru Kadhal' - the project that has been talked about only by ARR so far, has built hopes in me. We want more, ARR.

alias
26th July 2005, 04:22 AM
Yes KamarajC, I think ARR should have avoided Thigu.. Most of them felt this song is by Vidyasagar or Deva. But I told them it is from ARR and they are shocked when they hear it on TV Promos or web site.. But this is totally enhanced when listening on good stereo but how many in India can afford to buy a good system for listeneing Aa Ahaha :-)

Thiru
26th July 2005, 07:05 AM
I agree that Thigu thigu pallavi is irritating but the saranam is one of the best I've heard in recent times... I grew into this song more than the other songs.. ARR has changed the tempo and the raaga of this song many times in this song which spoils the song to some extent and the background 'alai alai alai' is irritating..

united07
26th July 2005, 07:14 AM
Mohd Rafee is the guy who sang the malay lines (first few lines) for the song hey inthadi kappa kilange from Dhool.

He is a singaporean singer and have been associated with ARR for a while.

Regarding Ah...Aah...
nothing seems to be growing in me......except for Anbae Aruyie and Mayiliragae......i can't even remember the other songs!......

but once i take a break to listen to MP...WOW!.....wat a song it feels...

Movies
26th July 2005, 08:15 AM
Thigu Thigu not good?... im confised... from the beginning ive been sayin this is a good number by rahmna and maintain the same view. It has bits of IR touch and bits of MSV touch and bits of Rahman touch. The lyrics suggest it to be a seductive number, and in that regard, the song has been well crafted in a way that u can think of it as being sudictive and at the same time a normal song.

United pal with all respect to you, I am not surprised you dont like any thing abt A AA, cause thats been your opinion since the very first minute the trailers were out, and now u ain a fool to change ur thoughts.... jus a light hearted comment dont take it personal...

And thanks for the info on Md rafiq united!

ykrrajan
26th July 2005, 08:26 AM
THIGU THIGU AND THAZUVUTHU ARE TOTALLY UNCONVENTIONAL BUT BEAUTIFULLY COMPOSED SONGS. BOTH OF THEM DO NOT FOLLOW THE REGULAR SEQUENCE AS THEY HAVE LOT OF VARIATIONS IN THEIR TEMPO. THESE KIND OF SONGS CAN NEVER BE APPRECIATED UNLESS U HEAR IT OVER AND OVER. BUT ONCE HOOKED U R IN IT.TAKE MY WORD BUDDIES.

MADDY
26th July 2005, 09:06 AM
btw wat is MP???Madhya pradesh???

thigu thigu is the perfect song that one wud listen in any tea stall-early morning with a cigarette in ur hand.......it is that type of song....if publicised properly , it will bcome tea-stall anthem :D

MADDY
26th July 2005, 09:29 AM
listen to Ararai kodi song closely.....

"naam iravarum serum samayam,
nam kaigalil varum imayam,
nam thottadhu ethuvum amaiyum,
ithu anbaal inaindha idhayam,
ithu anbaal inaindha idhayam"

dunt u guys think these lines talk abt SJ.Suryah and ARRahman???? :D

ykrrajan
26th July 2005, 09:54 AM
THE APT LINES SHOULD HAVE BEEN

"naam ANAIVARUM serum samayam,
nam kaigalil varum imayam,
nam thottadhu ethuvum amaiyum,
ithu anbaal inaindha idhayam,
ithu anbaal inaindha idhayam"

HOW IS IT?

Movies
26th July 2005, 10:17 AM
hmm.....

well noticed maddy.... but is it possible that this song has any reference to ARR could be some false perception we fans have got due to the excitement over the stupendous score? Just pondering. Maybe SJS plays a robin hood type character.... who know... what ya guys think?

But yes SJS and Rahman have formed a good rapport, I havent even seen Maniratnam Pogalnthufy rahman as much as SJS has!

rajan, good one....

A.ANAND
26th July 2005, 11:27 AM
THIGU THIGU SONGS ROMBA SEXYA IRUKKUINNU SOLLARINGALE,IR PANNTHA SEXY SONG TFM IRUKKA EX,'NETTURATRI AMMA','ADIKITHU KULIRU',MAASI MASAM ALANA PONNU,EXT.......IPPA ENNE SOLLARINGA?????THIGU THIGU SONG IS ONE OF MY FAV. SONG IN AA
AHH.

dinesh2002
26th July 2005, 11:54 AM
btw wat is MP???Madhya pradesh???

thigu thigu is the perfect song that one wud listen in any tea stall-early morning with a cigarette in ur hand.......it is that type of song....if publicised properly , it will bcome tea-stall anthem :D

im sure its Mangal Pandey!

sureshc
26th July 2005, 11:57 AM
well said anand

A.ANAND
26th July 2005, 12:02 PM
AA AHH SURE BE BOXOFFICE MOVIE LIKE VAALI,KUSHI,NEW..EPPAYE ELITHI VECHUKUNGGA ALL ARR 'VAITHERICHAL PARTIGAL'

dinesh2002
26th July 2005, 03:22 PM
Anand,is the audio out in Malaysia man!!! i think its time we give Alai Osai,5 star & DTS a complain.......

interz
26th July 2005, 03:28 PM
preparing to get beaten by arr fans.... :twisted: :twisted:

1. anbe aaruyire - a mix between paarthala paravasame (paarthale paravasam) and poosum manjal (kanave kalaiyaathe). *****

2. maramkottiye - sounds very simlilar to "fanaaa...yaar kai thiru" (aythe eluthu). ****

3. mayil iraghe - "anarkali anarkali" (kankalaal kaithu sei). ****

4. varughiraai - if his intention is to make listernes deaf and confused , he succeeded it with this number. *

5. thigu thigu - clearly inspired from "sandai kozhi" (aythe eluthu). **

6. thazhuvudhu - very vulgar song, wonder if that song will be allowed by censor, goes in same pattern as maarkandaya (new), katti pudi katti pudida (kushi), vaanil kaayuthe (vaale). *

* - help my ear hurts
** - click the forward button
*** - can listen once
**** - decent effort
***** - play that again
****** - wanna listen to it all time

dinesh2002
26th July 2005, 03:34 PM
thigu thigu sounds great to me...i love the part sadhana sargam sings " angam,tangam miradangam " so beautiful!! :D

sad
26th July 2005, 04:09 PM
hi.. i'm from s'pore and i gt my CD on last saturday... its by 5star. only one shop has it and its direct import from india...

dinesh2002
26th July 2005, 04:15 PM
ohh ya..my fren told me to...but here that also dun have la machan,thats y im very pissed off here....but does that means if we buy the India's version we not supporting the audio sales of Ah aah in s'pre/m'sia???

coucou
26th July 2005, 04:32 PM
i heard that sivakumar product a film, sj surja is direcor, actor is brother of surya.

coucou
26th July 2005, 04:32 PM
i heard that sivakumar product a film, sj surja is direcor, actor is brother of surya.

coucou
26th July 2005, 04:33 PM
http://www.maalaimalar.com/asp/cinema/dis_cine_news.asp

coucou
26th July 2005, 04:34 PM
http://www.maalaimalar.com/asp/cinema/dis_cine_news.asp

njv
26th July 2005, 06:15 PM
ohh ya..my fren told me to...but here that also dun have la machan,thats y im very pissed off here....but does that means if we buy the India's version we not supporting the audio sales of Ah aah in s'pre/m'sia???
The recording quality may be different. There is a BIG difference between Ayngaran CD and 5* CD. 5* CDs are usually very loud and probably because is not coming in SS (even though they have all the logo in it, including DVD compatible etc for no reason). Ayngaran CDs are much better and in better media, so more clarity. If its a matter of waiting for couple of more days, I would rather wait, but Dinesh be proud that you are not atleast downloading.

Scale
26th July 2005, 06:48 PM
preparing to get beaten by arr fans.... :twisted: :twisted:

1. anbe aaruyire - a mix between paarthala paravasame (paarthale paravasam) and poosum manjal (kanave kalaiyaathe). *****

2. maramkottiye - sounds very simlilar to "fanaaa...yaar kai thiru" (aythe eluthu). ****

3. mayil iraghe - "anarkali anarkali" (kankalaal kaithu sei). ****

4. varughiraai - if his intention is to make listernes deaf and confused , he succeeded it with this number. *

5. thigu thigu - clearly inspired from "sandai kozhi" (aythe eluthu). **

6. thazhuvudhu - very vulgar song, wonder if that song will be allowed by censor, goes in same pattern as maarkandaya (new), katti pudi katti pudida (kushi), vaanil kaayuthe (vaale). *

* - help my ear hurts
** - click the forward button
*** - can listen once
**** - decent effort
***** - play that again
****** - wanna listen to it all time

:evil: :twisted: :hammer:

A.ANAND
26th July 2005, 06:56 PM
DINESH,BETULKAH AUDIO AH AHH SUDAH KELUAR DI M'SIA?????

Scale
26th July 2005, 07:10 PM
i'm still waiting anxiously 4 d thazduvudu lyrics!!

If you still havent got it,

Song : Thazuvudu
Singer : S.P.B. , Shreya Ghosal
Music : A.R.Rahman
Movie : A..Aah..(Anbe Aaruyire - Best Friend)
Courtesy : ARRYG

Ah Thazuvudu Nazhuvudu
Kathai onru ehzududu
VA VA VA VA VA VA

Thazuvudu Nazhuvudu Nazhuvudu Thazuvudu oh oh oh oh
Thazuvudu Nazhuvudu Nazhuvudu Thazuvudu Thazuvudu Nazhuvudu oh oh oh
Thazuvudu Nazhuvudu Nazhuvudu Thazuvudu Thazuvudu Nazhuvudu Nazhuvudu Thazuvudu oei oei
Thazuvudu Nazhuvudu Nazhuvudu Thazuvudu Thazuviyum Nazhuviyum Nazhuviyum Thazuviyum
Thazuvudu Nazhuvudu Nazhuvudu Thazuvudu kannala (Female)

SOLLUUUUUU(Male)

Thazuvudu Nazhuvudu oei oei Thazuvudu Nazhuvudu oei
Thazuviyum Nazhuviyum Nazhuviyum Thazuviyum kathai onru eluthuthu oei(Female)
Tha tha tha tha Thazuvudu Nazhuvudu oei oei Thazuvudu Nazhuvudu oei
Thazuviyum Nazhuviyum Nazhuviyum Thazuviyum kathai onru eluthuthu oei(Male)

Oru ganam voodal maru ganam koodal irandaiyum kalantha kaviyam naaaaaaaaaaam (Female)
Oru pakkam kadhal maru pakkam modhal irru pakkam konda nanaiyam naaaam (Male & Female)

Kathai onru yezhuthidu kanne va Ilagiya malai pozhuthu ithu oei(Male)

Aadavan aruginile oor arizhagu varugaiyile ah ah ah (Female)
Naanam vidaiperuthu ah ah ah oor nadagam nadaiperuthu ah ah ah (Male)
Nooladai sarigirathe tholadai terigirathu(Female)
Aalai mooda ninaikirathe manam thadumaaari thavi thavigirathu(Male)

Athiyum anthamum anmamum naan
Ayiram minalgal minalgale
AHHHHHHH (Male)
Athiyum anthamum anmamum naan
Ayiram minalgal minalgale (Female)

He Oru ganam voodal maru ganam koodal irandaiyum kalantha kaviyam naaaaaaaaaaam (Mal & Female)
Oru pakkam kadhal maru pakkam modhal irru pakkam konda nanaiyam naaaam (Male & Female)

Kathai onru yezhuthuthu kannala
Ilagiya malai pozhuthu ithu oei
Ilagiya malai pozhuthu ithu oei (Female)

Ah ah ah ah Thazuvudu Nazhuvudu Nazhuvudu Thazuvudu
Kathai onru yezhuthidu (Female)
Jathagam kanakupadi oor jodiyum kalanthathadi
Mmmm Mutura vazhakamadi pin ottura pazhakamadi(Male)
Naal thorum adichikalam tharaaalam kadichikalam
Vazhvoma vicithirama Salikamal Sirupillaithanama ah ah (Female)
Naloru yuthamum muthamum yendru
Pogattum yepavum ipadiye(Male)

Oru ganam voodal maru ganam koodal irandaiyum kalantha kaviyam naaaaaaaaaaam (Mal & Female)
Oru pakkam kadhal maru pakkam modhal irru pakkam konda nanaiyam naaaaaam (Male & Female)

Ilagiya malai pozhuthu ithu oei(Female)
Thazuvudu Nazhuvudu(Male)
Thazuvudu Nazhuvudu(Female)
Nazhuvudu Thazuvudu (Male)
Nazhuvudu Thazuvudu(Female)

OEI OEIIIII....

Tha tha tha Thazuvudu Nazhuvudu oei oei Thazuvudu Nazhuvudu oei
Thazuviyum Nazhuviyum Nazhuviyum Thazuviyum kathai onru eluthuthu oei (Female)
Tha tha tha tha Thazuvudu Nazhuvudu oei oei Thazuvudu Nazhuvudu oei
Thazuviyum Nazhuviyum Nazhuviyum Thazuviyum kathai onru eluthuthu oei (Male)

Oru ganam voodal maru ganam koodal irandaiyum kalantha kaviyam naaaaaaaaaaam (Mal & Female)
Ilagiya malai pozhuthu ithu oei
Ilagiya malai pozhuthu ithu oei (Female)

CHUUUUUUUU.........

A.ANAND
26th July 2005, 07:35 PM
THANGGA MUDIYALADA SAMIIIIIIIIIIII....

Scale
26th July 2005, 07:35 PM
btw, ARR Composed for the following 2 songs lyrics written completely.

1) Anbe Aryuyire

2) Varugirai

THANGGA MUDIYALADA SAMIIIIIIIIIIII....

Anand! Dont be so curious, Lots of possibilities for this song to come on screen on the next SJS movie. :lol:

interz
26th July 2005, 07:58 PM
adichuputtan thalayila

Scale
26th July 2005, 08:03 PM
adichuputtan thalayila

yen theriyuma!

eppadi da NA vaanginae.....

baba88
26th July 2005, 08:24 PM
I know that's a bit too late but llok at this Music Review for NEW.

Music A.R.Rehman
Direction S.J.Surya
Lyrics Vaali and Vairamuthu
Audio Anantham Audio

Remember S.J.Surya's first film "Vaali"? The Movie opens with Simran roaming with walkman and Rangeela's "Tanha Tanha" song playing in the background. Though Deva had scored music for both his films and the songs were runaway hits, Surya is too inspired by Rehman and he always wanted to do a film with his music. By narrating the story line on air (in a flight) with great difficulty, he managed to sign Rehman for music. Lyrics are by Vaali and Vairamuthu. But they have not mentioned in the cassette leaf as which song is by which lyricist. Has Rehman done justice to S.J.Surya?.................

New -(7/10) - Karthik, Blaaze, Thanvi, Sunitha and VijayPrakash- Right from Baba, Rehman is using Blaaze in all his albums compulsively and Blaaze's rap chanting is getting monotonous to hear in each and every album. This song is catchy and foot tapping. This song sounds totally like an English song and the listener has to strain his ears to pick up the few tamil words strewn here and there. Titles of MGR movies like "Anbae vaa","Padagoatti","kumari kottam" etc. are cleverly used in the tamil lines.

Sakkara-(6/10) -S.P.Balasubramanian and Sujatha- After a long time we get to hear S.P.B's voice and as usual he sounds great. So is Sujatha. At places the lyrics don't fit properly over the tune and sound odd. Lyrics of this song will make the Censor board members get ready with scissors in hand.

Thottaal Poo-(8/10) Hariharan and Harini-The song from "Padagoatti" starring M.G.R. and Saroja Devi is remixed here in a different tune and with techno beats. Instead of mutilating the old songs in the name of remixing, Rehman has done a commendable job by changing the whole tune itself. Hariharan and Harini have done a beautiful job. Imagine M.G.R. and Saroja Devi shaking their legs to this new tune by Rehman........

Kaalaiyil(8/10) - Unnikrishnan and Saadhana sargam - Who said only Ilaiyaraja can come out with excellent 'Mother sentiment' songs ? This is Rehman's turn in his own style. The song begins with Unnikrishnan bellowing "ammaa" like Rehman did in Vande Mataram album. It is a sheer melody which will be liked by all age groups. Since this song praises "Amma",it will be liked by AIADMK people and who knows they may use this song in election campaigns!!!!!!!!!

If you wanna(6/10)-Chinmayi, Anupama and Aparna - This tamil song ???!!!! must be the introduction song for the heroine who sings and dances in a tomboyish manner. This song has a strong "Bhangra" flavour in it giving a feel like listening to Vidhyasagar's song.

Spider man(6.5/10) - Kunaal and Sadhana- This song has got good techno-sounds and the strings remind us of the "Paarthaale Paravasam" music. After multiple hearings only the song will get into the listener. This song calls for the need of a special censor board for the lyrics in tamil songs.

Kumbakonam(6/10)- Manickavinayagam and Nithyashree-Nithyashree begins the song with her trade mark "full-throated" high pitch rendering. The song is set in folk and reminds us of some old Shivaji's black and white song. The tune is so complicated and here too there are double meaning lyrics.

Both the S.J. Surya's previous films had a slight adult flavour in them. Here too since the story revolves around the hero who is a 8years old boy by heart who has transformed into appearance of 28 years old by a scientific invention and there are two heroines Simran and Kiran , the director follows the same trend. The songs with objectable lyrics and the clippings in promos clearly indicate that.

Comparing the songs of the director's previous films, the songs are clearly not upto the expectations.

ykrrajan
26th July 2005, 08:37 PM
AH AAH TRAILER IS OUT

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/trailer/7395.html

kamarajc
26th July 2005, 09:57 PM
Thazhuvudhu... - Shreya's rendition was more Anupama-like and slightly Anuradha Sriram-like.

coucou
27th July 2005, 12:13 AM
i was surprised when i see this link
maramkotthiye in 10th place
http://tamil.cinesouth.com/specials/topaudio.shtml

Arjuna
27th July 2005, 01:50 AM
baba88 - that's very late :)
http://naan-yaar.blogspot.com/

sloshed
27th July 2005, 04:25 AM
oops its been a long time here

AH AHHHHH ... is finally out ......

Fortunately songs appeal to me in the furst hearing .. unlike other rahman's songs.....

'AH AHHH' opening songs takes the cake among everything.....

'Mailyeraga' -- i think rahman must become tired of these songs now.... how many songs will he compose like this....its like IR belting out Hariharan melodies one after the other...even though they are very good... doesnt cause a flutter.....
actually you can sing 'snehidane' from AP to this tune...

'Thiru thiru' .... is one helluva intersting song.....but the tune.. is a hotch poch of soo many songs... but still interesting...

Nuthing much to write about other songs.. until they become visually presented on screen..... I pray for ARR'S sake that these become a hit... i dont think any of the songs are going to stand the test of time like 'NEW'.... I still cannot say that THIS is ARR comeback album.. its only a so-so .. becos .. of the mundane stuff belted by other MD'S..... HJ 's TJ ... oh what can i say ..... the director durai ...what was he thinkng.... save one song.. which is simply outta this world...(the caliber of which is not found in AH AHH) ... the entire album is a crap....

and somebody menitoned that shankar must be cursing his luck not choosing...ARR for anniyan ....and to think that the statement was based on AH AHH is a complete joke....

AHH better than ANNIYAN????? the question should be which song of ANNIYAN??? ....ANNIYAN is way better than AH AHH.. which will be proved in course of time.. I dont want to bitch and argue about it.....

And Dinesh suprise suprise..... you COPYCUMINSPIROMETERCAP is off i guess....maybe you dont use it for ARR's Albums.. but only for HJ...... even though i have one.. I can pick up soo many lines which i have heard it before...(clue the starting line of ararai kodi ..is one smooth line taken from 'mudalvane' song....can u feel it?
well this album should be a piece of cake for you .. since you are capable of spotting 2+ secs of lift from HJ....

waiting for your OPYCUMINSPIROMETERCAP readings....from AH AHH....

caio

kamarajc
27th July 2005, 05:32 AM

I have discounted cinesouth long ago. It isnt worth your time. Most of its articles are based on the dreams of the editor. Above all, it is a big joke for being a paid site. All the articles meant for their paid members are available for free in http://movies.yahoo.co.in contributed by Cinesouth again.

njv
27th July 2005, 05:44 AM
Looking at cinesouth rating, here is my rating

1. Kannum Kannum
2. Thee pidikka
3. Mazhai Mazhai
4. Konja Neram
5. Kaalangathalae
6. Mangothiyae
7. Priyasakhi
8. Othaya Rettaiya
9. Kaalai Arumbi
10. Sakka Podu

Guys sorry, but Aa Aah is not the best from ARR. After multiple listening I throwed the CD (sorry to say, and I didnt mean to say cuz I am IR fan).

To me Rising is on the top still. Very good songs, inspite of being a period movie.

A.ANAND
27th July 2005, 06:17 AM
njv,unna nenacha pavama irukku!!!!

Movies
27th July 2005, 07:10 AM
LOL!

Someone here said NEW stood the test of time.... hehehe.....

Now that New is out of the market people have started callin new a hit, and as always the current rahman release is a trash... hmm... now where have seen this picture before...

united07
27th July 2005, 09:01 AM
Sakkarai inikira sakkarai...innum innikithu-ba

anthe idippum, athukku potte mettum, athai pidicha camera-vum.......siva-siva-siva shankara!

A.ANAND
27th July 2005, 09:56 AM
IR FANS EPPA ARR PATTA NALLA IRUKKUNNU SOLIRUKKANGA????
'MAKKALAL ATHIGAM VIMARSIKKA PADUBAVANTHAN ATHIGAM NESIKKAPADUKIRAN'-VAIRAMUTHU

ykrrajan
27th July 2005, 01:46 PM
PAZHUTHA MARAM THAAN KALLADI PADUM - PAZHAMOZHI

dinesh2002
27th July 2005, 03:38 PM
ohhh...i didint know diferent companies has different audio clearnerss,lucky i have BOYS both 5 Star's & Alai osai's!!

dinesh2002
27th July 2005, 03:39 PM

cinesouth hardly rates on ARR songs good man..if im not mistaken,the last time ARR's song was no1 is BOYS.....!

dinesh2002
27th July 2005, 03:52 PM
sloshed,by u telling Anniyan is better than Ah aah i really can see where ur taste stands (pardon me,im not rating it based on ARR-HJ)..i dunno what u guys found in Anniyan that is sooo amazing,which all the tunes in Anniyan doesnt have the grip from starting to ending,have to agree Randaka chant is amazing,but later on,i rather not listen to the song.And man,Ah aah have something which tune is good,music is something new,and good simple lyrics.i remember my fren the other day was singging kumari & he ended up singging en uyir tozhiye from KKS,and i laughed,he said what to do,its the same.He is a person who aint fan of anyone,yet he can link up the songs,y???and so far i know,my parents who r fan of IR,listened to Mayiliragai said " its tough ti listen to these kinda songs now days huh,great song,who is the MD" i said Harris,and they said " r u sure,its so good" :lol: anywayz,its up to the individual to like which song & comment,but as for me,Ah aah is the best in 2005,bringing down Anniyan & wut so eva....

dinesh2002
27th July 2005, 03:55 PM
[tscii:8c48ac81a4]shankar's comment on Anniyan :

Why didn't you take special care about the music?

Harris Jayaraj’s music was satisfactory. But the problem is that most of the people are comparing my earlier movies with this one. Comparatively this music is lighter and that is what is needed here.
http://www.cinegoer.com/shankar.htm
[/tscii:8c48ac81a4]

dinesh2002
27th July 2005, 04:35 PM
When r they planin to release the CD here?its malaysian fault that they didint release the audio on time,and they cant expect it to run super hit when the audio is release else where and mp3 is online.def automaticly when elsewhere release mp3 is online & easy for people to download,these useless buggers (pardon for my bad language) really annoying me badly! im gonna call Alai Osai now,if they say " NO ,i DUNNO," or " next month" im gonna tell them to close thier shop & open a tea stall for thier unprofesional act upon these bussines!!!

Cinefan
27th July 2005, 05:08 PM
http://www.newstodaynet.com/26jul/ss4.htm

Interview with SJS

Thunai
27th July 2005, 05:46 PM
All said and done, AA songs are turning out to be a superhit here in Kerala. I dunno how it's faring in Tamil Nadu, but here, the album is a blockbuster in the making! You can already hear the Rahman song playing quite everywhere!!!!!! :D :D

dinesh2002
27th July 2005, 06:45 PM
hi all malaysian gang,i just called alai osai earlier,a man answered,i asked whether ARRahman's Anbe Aayuyire is rleeased ,he said audio,i said yes,then he said no,then i ask when will it release,and he said " i wouldnt know " ,then i said "why do u keep an audio shop?" and slammed the phone...hehehehe...i know i was rude,but thats not the answer u expect from an Audio Production company!!

dinesh2002
27th July 2005, 06:46 PM
All said and done, AA songs are turning out to be a superhit here in Kerala. I dunno how it's faring in Tamil Nadu, but here, the album is a blockbuster in the making! You can already hear the Rahman song playing quite everywhere!!!!!! :D :D

i didint know tamil songs get famouse in Kerala.... :?

dinesh2002
27th July 2005, 06:48 PM
Q: On your comfort level with A R Rahman?

A: He is a great music composer. It is always a pleasure to work with him. Quite typical to New, he has come out with six scintillating numbers for Ah Aah. He is an ocean and directors have to swim deep to get what they want.

well said!!

A.ANAND
27th July 2005, 06:58 PM
dinesh,alai osai will realese audio.but we want wait 4 2,3 days.its defenetly out soon.not aa ahh only late release,recent time all audio's situation in m'sia same problem because the audio market crisis..

sloshed
27th July 2005, 07:46 PM
Movies...

Sorry for the misunderstanding.. NEW can never ever stand the test of time....it was a seasonal drink .. the season is over...just cant come back...that was the message i tried to potray....

Dinesh ... you neva gonna find anything good about anniyan .. becos of too many reasons.. best known to the dfers... I need not explain that ... and abt your friend (?) singin enuyir thozhi... pats on his back ..for his attempt....the question is SO???

Pointing to interviews of Directors who just worked with the MD'S and shwoing verses of praise ..shows how desperate you are....
anywayz... you are the ultimate DESPARADO when it comes to ARR 's ablums.. Which i understand is quite natural...u being is numero uno fan....

And I am still waiting for you COPYCUMINSPIROMETER readings!!??

njv
27th July 2005, 08:44 PM
IR FANS EPPA ARR PATTA NALLA IRUKKUNNU SOLIRUKKANGA????
'MAKKALAL ATHIGAM VIMARSIKKA PADUBAVANTHAN ATHIGAM NESIKKAPADUKIRAN'-VAIRAMUTHU
Anand,

I dont have problem at all. I used to fight out with ARR fans and after what ARR has done during TIS release, I am a completely changed man. My view of Aa Aaah is what I felt and not even 1% biased because I am IR fan.

i posted in another site also, between the 3 movies (Aa Aah, OKK and TJ), Aa Aah stand first. This is still better album than AOKK and ONOK, but I always expected high from ARR.

I love Rising and just because it is not something other MD can do. I dont want ARR to do anything that others can easily do.

Please dont quote me as anti ARR. After IR, he is the one who can bring in some change.

dinesh2002
27th July 2005, 08:45 PM
Movies...

Sorry for the misunderstanding.. NEW can never ever stand the test of time....it was a seasonal drink .. the season is over...just cant come back...that was the message i tried to potray....

Dinesh ... you neva gonna find anything good about anniyan .. becos of too many reasons.. best known to the dfers... I need not explain that ... and abt your friend (?) singin enuyir thozhi... pats on his back ..for his attempt....the question is SO???

Pointing to interviews of Directors who just worked with the MD'S and shwoing verses of praise ..shows how desperate you are....
anywayz... you are the ultimate DESPARADO when it comes to ARR 's ablums.. Which i understand is quite natural...u being is numero uno fan....

And I am still waiting for you COPYCUMINSPIROMETER readings!!??

well,for u is just 'so;',but for many its " hj is so lifeless",im not saying inspire is wrong,....but in this case,something is not right...mabby coz many r praisin the songs which it doesnt deserve,well its been like that sinc ever,a good album from hj like 12b & laysa laysa never got the fame it deserve and usless albums like anniyan or saami is a great thing for people like u....what can i say

and machan,then give ur comments to the interview who asks thier Q regarding the md....they publish it so it reaches us...not to keep & do pooja with that...a simple thing like that also u need people to explain...haaiiii..... :roll: but seriously.im sick & tired of explainin these to people and please,if u dun like the songs,dun visit this thread and waste everyone's time....there r many threads for many albums in the CURRENT TOPICS forum,please accpet my kind request,keep ur self busy with things u like!! thanks & GOODBYE!!

dinesh2002
27th July 2005, 08:47 PM
dinesh,alai osai will realese audio.but we want wait 4 2,3 days.its defenetly out soon.not aa ahh only late release,recent time all audio's situation in m'sia same problem because the audio market crisis..

machan,is this true??i taut normaly it reaches here fast,i think Ah aah is the 1st album since desam facing this problem again!!!

prabu
27th July 2005, 09:51 PM
"Anbe Aaruyirae" title song is really good. I liked it. Mayiliragae is good Melody. Other songs not so much..

sloshed
27th July 2005, 10:31 PM
dinesh !!!

whats up with you .. u dont seem to be ur normal self :-) ... Okie no more pulling .... .IF AH AHH do it for you .. so be it.... Rising is good though .. that sufi song rocks........
Its unfortunate that you dont fins anything good with anniyan ... but u go gaga over thiru thiru .....
tastes differ..and i agreee....

and ur explanation for the interviews to be posted to others...well what can i say ...

anywayz... enjoy the good times...

coucou
28th July 2005, 12:28 AM
why arr doesn't inspire of other young md LIKE YSR, vs??
HE WILL BE LIKE BY EVERBODY.
listen's anniyan's song, it is not original, it is inspired (or copy) of songs arr, but it is hit. :rotfl:

Movies
28th July 2005, 03:23 AM
sloshed,

Anniyan ... good?... enough of the joke please!

U know it, as well as anyone, if it wasnt for aniyan being a shankar movie, the songs wudnt have deserved a second look! So rather than braggin anniyan being good, it wud be sensible to jus quitely say aniyan is a hit!

To the unfortunate ARR fans like me, rahman hasnt go any hit movies to showcase his recent albums!

Honestly, New was a below par performance by arr except kalayil thinamum and thotal. Sakarai was always going to be a song which needed good picturization.

but A Aa is leagues ahead of new.

Jus wait and see A AA rock 2005 TFM!

A.ANAND
28th July 2005, 06:17 AM
movies,i 200% agree with yor comment.

A.ANAND
28th July 2005, 06:23 AM
njv,eppadiyum sollaringa appdiyum sollaringa,ethuthan unmai????hahahahah...

ykrrajan
28th July 2005, 07:06 AM
A WEEK NOW SINCE THE AUDIO HAS BEEN RELEASED.ANY NEWS ABOUT THE SALES. ANYONE PLS UPDATE THE STATUS????

Movies
28th July 2005, 08:45 AM
I was at spencers music world on sat evening....

And the Top selling album is obviously A AA!

A AA is making big waves on the radios in chennai.... it picking up....

dinesh2002
28th July 2005, 12:06 PM
acording to 1 member of ARRahnan group,bob,he said its releasing here in malaysia today :

Date: Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:03 pm
Subject: Re: [arr] Re: Ah Aah in Malaysia?! western152002
Send IM
Send Email

Hi guys,

Ah Aah is releasing today. I asked Veenai. Kuala Lumpur. It will release on 28/07/2005. Maybe after two days you can get it in northen malaysia. Dont ask alai osai they are also so rude especially the chinese lady!!.
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/53835

Arjuna
28th July 2005, 03:42 PM
Guys - just check out the click at - shows y ARR is GOD!!:

Arjuna
28th July 2005, 03:42 PM
Guys - just check out the clip at - shows y ARR is GOD!!:

MADDY
28th July 2005, 07:22 PM
Disgression:
for all those who were concerned abt me and mumbai- we r limping back to normalcy after 2 days......it was very scary with no ATMs,Internet,Power and 15 feet water......it was a mini tsunami....now networks r getting restored.....gr8 that i survived to listen to Ah Aah again..... :D

End disgression.....

dinesh2002
28th July 2005, 07:44 PM
oh maddy.....how r u now???was it a terrible one???thank god its not serious!!

svaisn
28th July 2005, 07:56 PM
Disgression:
for all those who were concerned abt me and mumbai- we r limping back to normalcy after 2 days......it was very scary with no ATMs,Internet,Power and 15 feet water......it was a mini tsunami....now networks r getting restored.....gr8 that i survived to listen to Ah Aah again..... :D

End disgression.....

How are u sir???

Is the situation getting better there???

Movies
28th July 2005, 08:27 PM
Maddy and Mumbai, ,

Gald to have you guys back . Welcome back Mumbai!

Arjuna,

Thanks a lot for the clip!
But guys do refrain from using the word god or god of music for any mortal human beings, regardless of who it is. Infact a r rahman would find it insulting.
I didnt get the oppurtunity to see the shows that rahman appeared on. Any idea where the whole show cud be D/l on the net?

MADDY
28th July 2005, 10:03 PM
thnx guys for ur concern :D ......it was really bad for the past 2 days....but now it is ok,it has stopped raining and all train,flight services are restored.......but many ppl. living in slums have died.......and u know how many slums r there in Mumbai......it was total catastrophe with our systems and storage systems immersed in water........

alias
28th July 2005, 11:25 PM
Good Maddy, u r back and also good news is that Aa Aaha is top selling album beating crap out of TJ and OKK

njv
28th July 2005, 11:50 PM
Guys

I had no clue whats going on. Intially when I saw "Welcome back Mumbai", I thought Maddy is coming back to mumbai or something, but just happened to watch "SunTV [24 hrs late]" and found out what happened to Mumbai. Play safe and take care guys.

Alias

TJ is a TOTAL crap. OKK is an average album. I heard Gajini songs came out very well. Lets see if that beats Aa Aaha (Grrrrr)

Arjuna
29th July 2005, 01:05 AM
OKK is more worst that TJ! :)

njv
29th July 2005, 01:25 AM
Arjuna, I know you like ARR but why ARR copy cat also? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Arjuna
29th July 2005, 02:30 AM
no njv - in OKK there is no melody at all..that too the song in harish and chinmay sings is total crap..atleast in TJ u have 2 good melodies..the yaaridamum song wuld be a rocker if Srinivas had sung :( - So I guess HJ is better than YSR! Not sure - but VS is definitely better than these 2!!

alias
29th July 2005, 02:36 AM
Arjuna,, man what are u saying.. I agree TJ is better than OKK but it does not mean HJ is better than YSR. YSR is much better than HJ and VS. My ranking would be

1. ARR (any doubts :-))
2. YSR
3. HJ
4. VS
5. all other ones

dinesh2002
29th July 2005, 03:04 PM
http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Musicreviews/ahaah/ahaah.html

Ah aah music review

A.ANAND
29th July 2005, 07:13 PM
HEI DINESH,FINALY AH AHH OUT TODAY IN M'SIA MAN.SUARA NETWORK IS A DEALER.

A.ANAND
29th July 2005, 07:13 PM

dinesh2002
29th July 2005, 09:08 PM
hey hi....WOW!!! who the heck is SUARA NETWORK???new guys is it??damn la..... anywayz...where u bought it ???

coucou
30th July 2005, 12:34 AM
check it out:http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/top10.asp
anbe aruyire is first!!!!!

slperson1
30th July 2005, 05:37 AM
I thought this was Ah Aah thread now TJ and OKK are creeping in.oh well i think TJ is kinda boring and well frankly when HJ decided to copy deva with his yarisingari song lol i do not know why people think to even praise the guy then.

OKK is similair to April Madhathil i feel its good but similair tunes so it didnt attract me as much.Kangal Kandadhu song is realli nice tho.

dinesh2002
30th July 2005, 08:27 AM

where did u bought it man?Mani Osai Marketting?

A.ANAND
30th July 2005, 10:22 AM

where did u bought it man?Mani Osai Marketting?

pksenthilsub
30th July 2005, 10:24 AM
Illaiyaraja still maintains his old 80's pattern....Not bad to hear but fed up of the same pattern....
Yuvan,Haris....trying to reach the next generation audience...but not blessed with the natural talent....If ARR music is not there, we can think of hearing them....

But there comes the genius ARR.... I know that ARR's music is far advanced to adopt...Thats why when we hear first time its 50/50...Just try hearing couple of times for couple of days...You wont find words to express your joy....

His music, when we hear in headphone can appriciate how he handles many new/advanced instruments and the clarity...wow...wow...wow....
We are so lucky to hear his music....

A.ANAND
30th July 2005, 12:04 PM
dineh,you can get the audio in all audioshop in k.Lumpur.
i buy the cd in veenai trading in bricfields.

svaisn
30th July 2005, 02:04 PM
I think they have started playing Aaa Aah song in FM.....

dinesh2002
30th July 2005, 02:32 PM
wow...thanks anand...i will go today & buy!!

Arjuna
30th July 2005, 06:02 PM
Isai Deyvathin Isai-yai Maperum Vetri-yakiya Isai Rasigarkaluku intha Isai Rasiganin nenjarthna nandri nandri nandri!! A Ah is the higest selling album in the last 5 years!!

A.ANAND
30th July 2005, 06:25 PM
hahahaha...arjuna,unngalukku futurela nalla politicana aaga
nalla future irukku..

Movies
30th July 2005, 10:19 PM
i dont know if arjuna was serious abt the highest selling album in 5 years...... but I It is the highexst selling album at the moment, I checked out the music world list, A AA is number 1... and on Radio Mirchi and Suryan FM , A AA is top tucker maamu!

Radio mirchi has a countdown eveery sunday from 4 to 6... i missed it last week, ill listen this week and keep u guys posted.

dinesh2002
31st July 2005, 07:10 AM
Isai Deyvathin Isai-yai Maperum Vetri-yakiya Isai Rasigarkaluku intha Isai Rasiganin nenjarthna nandri nandri nandri!! A Ah is the higest selling album in the last 5 years!!

Arjuna...r u sure da?? :?: and Arjuna,thanks for informing us on the AH aah cd release here in malaysia,when i went,around 8.30 pm 30.7.2005,most of the shops playing Ah aah songs already,but Alai Osai still playing Anniyan songs.... lol!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dinesh2002
31st July 2005, 08:36 AM
do read my review on Ah aah!
http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Ah_Aah_Album-79407-1.html

Scale
31st July 2005, 10:42 AM

Dinesh!

Excellent. Keep up the good work. :clap: & a note about the following will be highly appreciated,

a) Naresh Iyer: Dropped in Super Singer Channel V finalist. ARR was the judge (w/ adnan sami) and he immediately picked him for his song. ARR - A talent hunter. NI has also given his vocals(backing) with ARR in Anbe Aruyire song. Listen carefully. Now this potential singer is going for a ride and he has accompanied ARR in London Concert.

b) How Mayiliragae & Maramkothiye is differenciated though the tunes were same. This is an excellent compostion by ARR & I think Blaaze rap is the highlight to differentiate it initially. This is really a trendsetting attempt now everyother composer will try to re-tune (a genre in music) instead of re-mixing(horrible these days). Earlier ones were porala ponnu thai - gurus of peace, ottakathai kattikho - musafir (VM) & thottal poo malarum(old & new). ARR has ability to convert even a melody to fast beat song and viceversa. :clap: I wont be surprised, If ARR comes with a melodious score for Telephone mani pol & Yendrendrum punnagai in his future albums....

c) Anbe Aruyire & Varugirai were the two songs which were composed for the lyrics written completely. He has already done that for Fanaah & thoda thoda (Indra) song. This is also welcoming pattern, that composers can come with new tunes (experimenting)....

I thought you were going to rate all 10/10 to every song for being an ardent fan of ARR. A reviewer shud be totally unbiased & also make sure, that you keep your avatar aside while listening & writing reviews....

Overall :clap: Keep going!

svaisn
1st August 2005, 09:48 AM

Dinesh!

Excellent. Keep up the good work. :clap: & a note about the following will be highly appreciated,

a) Naresh Iyer: Dropped in Super Singer Channel V finalist. ARR was the judge (w/ adnan sami) and he immediately picked him for his song. ARR - A talent hunter. NI has also given his vocals(backing) with ARR in Anbe Aruyire song. Listen carefully. Now this potential singer is going for a ride and he has accompanied ARR in London Concert.

b) How Mayiliragae & Maramkothiye is differenciated though the tunes were same. This is an excellent compostion by ARR & I think Blaaze rap is the highlight to differentiate it initially. This is really a trendsetting attempt now everyother composer will try to re-tune (a genre in music) instead of re-mixing(horrible these days). Earlier ones were porala ponnu thai - gurus of peace, ottakathai kattikho - musafir (VM) & thottal poo malarum(old & new). ARR has ability to convert even a melody to fast beat song and viceversa. :clap: I wont be surprised, If ARR comes with a melodious score for Telephone mani pol & Yendrendrum punnagai in his future albums....

c) Anbe Aruyire & Varugirai were the two songs which were composed for the lyrics written completely. He has already done that for Fanaah & thoda thoda (Indra) song. This is also welcoming pattern, that composers can come with new tunes (experimenting)....

I thought you were going to rate all 10/10 to every song for being an ardent fan of ARR. A reviewer shud be totally unbiased & also make sure, that you keep your avatar aside while listening & writing reviews....

Overall :clap: Keep going!

good one scale...

Happy to hear such a good review of ARR Album

after a long time.. hope he does more in GF

dinesh2002
1st August 2005, 02:13 PM
still no updates on AH Aah audio sales?!?!?! :?:

Sanjeevi
1st August 2005, 02:31 PM

Athu oru kaalam, ARR albums para para nu vithuchu? Hmmmm..

svaisn
1st August 2005, 04:09 PM

Athu oru kaalam, ARR albums para para nu vithuchu? Hmmmm..

Thats true.....

they have been days when ARR albums being sold 1L pieces in few weeks...

rsubras
2nd August 2005, 08:37 PM
dineshuuuuuuuuu

dineshu..............are u listening?

a slap on all of us, the ARR fans....

S.R.Ashok kumar in his review on A-Ah (The Hindu) has said the Mayilirage song sounds similar to Kadhalikkum aasai song from Chellamae...

so what he means is A.R.Rahman has copied from HJ

alias
2nd August 2005, 10:45 PM
The guy from Hindu is old and probably lost his hearing sense. Need to recommend Hindu for his salary raise to get his ears operated :-)

rsubras
2nd August 2005, 11:30 PM
`Marankothiye' by Shanker Mahadevan, Shalini, Vasundharadass and Bilaze reminds us of the song `Kadalikkum' in the recent film "Chellame".

From

http://www.hindu.com/mp/2005/08/02/stories/2005080200290400.htm

A.ANAND
3rd August 2005, 07:34 AM
dei rsubras,the hindu ennakida arr albumma nalla irukku rewiew panni irukkanunga????music rewiew panna athukkelam oru thaguthi venundaa!!!hj albummna thalaiyila thukki vechikithu aduvanunga..unnamthiri avanungalum 'VAITHERICHAL PARTIGAL'DA ..

music man
3rd August 2005, 10:06 AM
I dont understand how he found similarity between "Marangothiye" and the song from Chellame. There was a time when Hindu reviewed ARR's albums the day after it was released and now they dont even review a Tamil album.Before, their reviews used to be good but now they had stooped to a new low.

Scale
3rd August 2005, 10:43 AM
Anand!

rsubras is also ARR fan. yeppavuma yarukittayum konjam adakki vaasingha..... athu thaan naam ARR kittayirundhu katthukka vendiyathu...

Maramkothiye & Chellame similariT( :?: )y. :banghead:

rsubras
3rd August 2005, 12:44 PM
unnamthiri avanungalum 'VAITHERICHAL PARTIGAL'DA ERUMAI..

anna ungala maathiri inniku nethikku nan ARR fan illa.. from pudhiya mugam i am a devoted fan of him..had been praying for him to succeed in his earlier projects like indian, muthu, kaadhal desam etc., saringala....... inikum i like ARR more for his character and equally for his music and devotion to it.......

naan sonnatha sariya padichu paarungna......

a slap on all of us, the ARR fans....

us nu sonnene thavira , u nu sollala....... actually i found that comparison as really funny, i was :rotfl after reading that.... thatz why i specificallly addressed only to dinesh.......saringala? :thumbsup

coucou
3rd August 2005, 01:24 PM
dei rsubras,the hindu ennakida arr albumma nalla irukku rewiew panni irukkanunga????music rewiew panna athukkelam oru thaguthi venundaa!!!hj albummna thalaiyila thukki vechikithu aduvanunga..unnamthiri avanungalum 'VAITHERICHAL PARTIGAL'DA ERUMAI..

u spend your time to criticize others in this forum :evil: :evil:

A.ANAND
3rd August 2005, 01:30 PM
haloo mr.rsubras,i am veryyyyyyyyyy sooooooooorylah,i am fanatik arr fan.this is my big vickness.arr patti yaravathu
condem panna ennakku [arr fan also]thalaye vedichidum..i dont know u arr fan.i am sorry..

krish244
3rd August 2005, 02:48 PM
Shreya, being a north indian, pronounces so well in the song "Thazhuvudhu Nazhuvudhu". Imagine repeating these two words so many number of times in the beginning of the song. Excepting one or two occassions, she has done a very good job in getting the "Zh" right. Overall pronounciation is good aswell. It really shows her effort to get the pronounciation better. I am sure by now she must be knowing many tamil words (courtesy Ilaiyaraaja) thats pronounciation becomes easier :). ARR has presented her in a very different way. I think this is her first song for ARR...am I right? Also, probably the first with SPB?? I dont have any words for SPB. Although the konashtai's are limited...still amazing how he can do "Oh Oi..." and "salley.." in that kind of voice at 60+...is it his voice?? One needs to get used to the tune. The 2nd interlude seems to be out of place and transition is not seamless. Maybe the situation demands it (need to watch the movie).

Will be listening to the other songs soon.

Krishnan

coucou
3rd August 2005, 05:16 PM
I think this is her first song for ARR...am I right?
Krishnan

Azaghina azhagi E20U18? SHREYA SINGS NON? :shock:

coucou
3rd August 2005, 05:26 PM
[tscii:88af2c3454]By Moviebuzz
Wednesday, 03 August , 2005, 16:11

Move over Nayantara, Asin, Gopika and Renuka Menon, Meera Chopra is all set to be the next sex symbol of Kollywood. She was working in an ad agency in Delhi before S.J.Suryah spotted her and rechristened her as Nila for his Ah..Aah.
Nila is red hot now as industry pundits are predicting that she will be the next big thing in south. Remember that North Indian girls have always made it big like Kushboo, Nagma, Simran and Jyothika. They say that Malayalee girls do not have the fair skin and glamour like North Indian girls.

Peope who saw the rushes of Ah Aah says that Nila oozes glamour and the scene in which Suryah teaches her how to wear a saree, is going to be a voyeurs delight!

Before her debut film is released Nila became the heroine of Telugu superstar Chiranjeevi’s brother Pawan Kalyan in the Dharani directed big budget Bangaram. There is a song sequence where Meera gets into a lotus pond and comes out completely drenched which is said to be the highlight!

Recently when a leading producer approached her to do his next film, Meera quoted Rs 25 Lakhs without batting an eyelid and got it! It is an amount that no newcomer has asked and got.

Meanwhile the industry grapevine is abuzz with rumours that she has bagged a Hindi film opposite Abhishek Bachchan.

The views expressed in the article are the author's and not of Sify.com.

[/tscii:88af2c3454]

krish244
3rd August 2005, 07:04 PM
coucou, you are right. Just checked Google! That song seems to be the first song by Shreya for ARR.

Amazing how SPB can stretch his voice like that. Check the first charanam (from start till "Kaaviyam Naaaaan")

Thanks,
Krishnan

coucou
4th August 2005, 03:14 PM
i like this song, especially when shreya sings.it is one of my favorite in ah aah. it's amazing!! in this time , every songs of shreya become hit.

dinesh2002
4th August 2005, 03:34 PM
yo guys....1 day i didint come online & 1 great news came up

Maramkothiye - Kadhalikum aasai ?????????? :lol:

what the heck the writer was thinking????it doesnt have the simularity except mabby the base beat...1,2,1,2,1,2..the tune is tottaly in 2 diff worlds!!! he must be an old heck with ho hair on his mandai :P:P

Shyera Goshal has sung a song in E20U18 for A.R.Rahman.

Azhgina Azhagi Askava..silmisham seiya Vastava....do check out ur cd/cassettes!!!

interz
4th August 2005, 04:52 PM
has vali written all the songs?

united07
4th August 2005, 05:18 PM
Dinesh2002,
are you the keeper of Rahmans secrets or what?..he he he just kidding buddy...

i have no comments...as i dont even remember the tunes of maramkothiye except for the lousy lyrics from blaaze!...

dinesh2002
4th August 2005, 08:35 PM
watch Ah aah audio launch in Suntv on Sat,5 pm!!

dinesh2002
4th August 2005, 08:46 PM
Dinesh2002,
are you the keeper of Rahmans secrets or what?..he he he just kidding buddy...

hahaha...come on man...the audio was released just 2 years ago :P...

dinesh2002
4th August 2005, 08:48 PM
[tscii:afb21edb90]Anbe Aaruyire
Cast - S J Surya, Nila (introduction)

Direction - S J Surya

Music - A R Rehman

Story
Journalist Surya and Nila fall in love. At one stage, ego problems drive them apart. The story is about how the separated lovers yearn in their memories of each other and get back together.

Cast
S J Surya, Nila, Santhanam, Santhana Bharathi, Sindhuri, Pandu, Mayilsami and others.

Tidbits
* ‘Anbe Aaruyire’ is the second film produced by S J Suryah for Annai Mary Matha Creations.

* Ratnakumar has written the dialogues with Suryah.

* All the 6 songs composed by A R Rehman are super hits. He has sung one song. It is interesting to note that Vali has not incorporated a single English word in the lyrics!

* Heroine Nila is from Delhi. ‘Anbe Aaruyire’ is her first film.

* The lady who has dubbed Simran’s voice has dubbed for Nila too.

* The song 'Varugiraai thodugiraai' has been picturised in a novel fashion with petrol bombs exploding around.

* Kanal Kannan has composed the fights, Anthony has edited the film and Venu has wielded the camera.

* For the song 'Mayiliragay mayiliragay,' Blue Matt technique has been used. As Suryah and Nila sing and dance, the relevant visual will appear behind the lyrics.

* S J Suryah has written the story and screenplay and directed the film.

http://cinesouth.com/scopes/previews/new/ahaah.shtml[/tscii:afb21edb90]

alias
4th August 2005, 10:40 PM
Are You sure dinesh, it is on Sun TV since that time usually the Sat. movie starts?

MADDY
5th August 2005, 02:38 AM
"Are You sure dinesh, it is on Sun TV since that time usually the Sat. movie starts?"

sat movie is from 5:30 dude....... :D

njv
5th August 2005, 06:41 AM
Sun TV is going to show the "Audio Launch Of Aa Aah". Its a confirmed news. I saw the ad in suntv too. Vijay, Vaali, Surya and all other folks were on the show. Ofcourse maestro also was on the show.

ykrrajan
5th August 2005, 08:13 AM
The time is 5PM IST

united07
5th August 2005, 10:11 AM
http://news.webindia123.com/news/showdetails.asp?id=103908&n_date=20050805&cat=Entertainment

'Ah..Aah', Rahman is back:-
Chennai | August 05, 2005 9:40:23 AM IST

A.R. Rahman is back with his "Ah..Aah". Any Rahman album is greeted warmly by the audience, and this time is no different.

The top five Tamil albums are:

1. "Ah..Aah" (A.R. Rahman): It takes some time for a Rahman album to grow on you, but people lap it up the moment his work is out in the market.

2. "Anniyan" (Harris Jayaraj):
When Rahman makes his appearance, Harris Jayaraj has to take the second position!

3. "Arindhum Ariyamalum": (Yuvan Shankar Raja): Yuvan Shankar Raja is the master of the season. All his albums without any exception work well with listeners.

4. "Priyasakhi" (Vidyasagar): Vidyasagar's album is not a big hit as expected mainly because the film is not a big hit.

5. "Oru Naal Oru Kanavu" (Ilayaraja): Maestro Ilayaraja's younger son is more successful than him these days, but the father still has very loyal fans.

-- (IANS)

slperson1
5th August 2005, 10:17 AM
priyasaghi is by bharadwaj
from what i hear the movie is doin well

A.ANAND
5th August 2005, 01:29 PM
hj's 'BIG JALRA'SIFY AND CINESOUTH.COM soundaye kekkala????

Cinefan
5th August 2005, 05:02 PM
Dig:

http://thatstamil.indiainfo.com/news/2005/08/05/new.html

Madras HC withdraws the censor certificate given to 'New'&condems SJS for making a film like that.

All this, a good one year after the film's release&after everyone has made good money.

The law of this land huh! :rotfl:

dinesh2002
5th August 2005, 05:04 PM
hj's 'BIG JALRA'SIFY AND CINESOUTH.COM soundaye kekkala????

try checking cinesouth's top 10 audio,Ah aah is no 10 & anniyan is no 1...still thier butthi never go :roll:

A.ANAND
5th August 2005, 06:23 PM
SIFY AND C.S.COM IS SAME PRODUCT.ANTI ARR.
'PASUTHOL POTTA NARIGAL'

alias
5th August 2005, 09:46 PM
yes Cinesouth is a big Anti ARR but I thought Sify was ok. They are like chameleons who change side very often.

slperson1
6th August 2005, 10:00 PM
How is the packaging of ah aah cd does it come with lyrics and what not or n e thing?
is 5star brand or aingharan have better quality cuz i saw on the net
www.themahal.com they have the cd for sale 5star brand.

dinesh2002
7th August 2005, 09:55 AM
u know,i was just thinking,y didint SJS introduce Nila in these dialouge in Ah aah instead of " pakarathu paati simran mathiri irupa,aanal vijayashanti range le adipa" he could have said " pakarathu "Priyamanavale" simran mathiri irupa,aanal "New" Simran range le adippa"

knowing she has simran's looks allot,and at the same time he got some unforgettable beating from Simran in New ;)

MADDY
7th August 2005, 10:42 AM
well, dinesh, he mite get beating from police also.......reports say that he verbally abused a lady member at censor board reviewing New......the judge, giving judgement on New certificate case has ordered the Police commissioner to investigate into the abuse case and if found guilty then SJS shuld get atleast 6 months of imprisonment........neways gud publicity for Ah Aah....... :lol:

i dunno y they have left shankar and selvaraghavan still........

Scale
7th August 2005, 10:47 AM
well, dinesh, he mite get beating from police also.......reports say that he verbally abused a lady member at censor board reviewing New......the judge, giving judgement on New certificate case has ordered the Police commissioner to investigate into the abuse case and if found guilty then SJS shuld get atleast 6 months of imprisonment........neways gud publicity for Ah Aah....... :lol:

i dunno y they have left shankar and selvaraghavan still........

Kaasa kuduthuttu SJS simran kitta adi vaanginaaru, ippo police kittaya. Adutha adikkum ready aagha thayaragha irukka sollungo!

Aa Aah! w/ nila...

sanjeevi (hubber) posted funnily that SJS is going to cry repeating the second word once the movie gets released. :lol:

ezy0265
8th August 2005, 07:13 AM
Dear fans it is so depressing to find out that Varugirai by Hariharan was actually composed by Singaporean Rafee and ARR only did the string arrangements for it. And also the Maramkotthiye remix was also done by Rafee. You all are talking about how good this album is and first of all it is not even original work by ARR. Very sad!!!

dinesh2002
8th August 2005, 09:03 AM
Dear fans it is so depressing to find out that Varugirai by Hariharan was actually composed by Singaporean Rafee and ARR only did the string arrangements for it. And also the Maramkotthiye remix was also done by Rafee. You all are talking about how good this album is and first of all it is not even original work by ARR. Very sad!!!

stale story dude,this what u all have been saying ever since,hj composed this for ARR,Ranjit barot composed Kannamoochi,...sheeesh!!!...please...got do something right for once in ur life!!if its true,where is ur source??dont tell me the source is from ur rotten brainz! :roll:

svaisn
8th August 2005, 09:10 AM
Dont scold me guys.....

I am also a fan of ARR....

but one thing... when i heard... the ARRs Song... Anbe AAruyire...

it sounded like the song
"Kaluri vaanil" - Prabhu deva song :-(

dinesh2002
8th August 2005, 09:33 AM
ye svaisn,i too fel the same,the starting only " 6 1/2 koodi pergalil oruvan, adiya tamizhan naan unggal nanban " and Kaalori vaanil painthe nilavo,manavan nenjil meintha nilavo" rite?? :lol:

music man
8th August 2005, 11:24 AM
Hey, I believe our ARR is a part of the concert "Netru Indru Naalai" on Aug 15.But as far as I had seen in the advertisements,I havent seen his name.The main names are "Mani Ratnam,Rajiv Menon,Sabu Syril,Vasanth.Is Rahman scoring for the show????

svaisn
8th August 2005, 01:36 PM
Hey, I believe our ARR is a part of the concert "Netru Indru Naalai" on Aug 15.But as far as I had seen in the advertisements,I havent seen his name.The main names are "Mani Ratnam,Rajiv Menon,Sabu Syril,Vasanth.Is Rahman scoring for the show????

I think yes
ARR will be singing two songs in the show
w