PDA

View Full Version : chennai 600028

kandiban
20th May 2007, 10:02 PM
Son of veteran music composer Gangai Aramaran,Venkat Prabhu has done many things in films. Acting, singing, composing music. Now a new facet of his is out. Now he has taken a big leap to become a director.

Venkat Prabhu is directing the movie Chennai-28 which has a plethora of newcomers including director Agathiyan's daughter Vijayalakshmi.

As the number in the title implies, there will be 28 fresh faces in the cast. This is something unioque and apt.

Says Venkat Prabhu, 'My father has been a big inspiration for me. I watched him direct movies when I was young.'

The movie is produced by S P B Charan and J.K Saravana has a huge star cast of 11 heroes and several heroines -including Mumbai model Christin.

Prabhu says it is a great challenge to direct so many newcomers. I feel introducing talented artistes will only instill a healthy competitive spirit among the bunch.

On taking to direction, Venkat Prabhu, says, while pursuing my studies in London, I had the chance to learn the technical aspects of film-making. It has come handy now'.

On the movie, he says, 'the story is confined to the happenings in Mandaveli and R A Puram. A resident of those areas since my childhood inspired me to settle for that title.' Chennai -28 is also the pincode of the area.

The highlight of the movie would be Yuvanshankar's musical score.

Of the seven songs composed by Yuvan, Prabhu felt the pick could be the number of Gana Ulaganathan which has western beat accompanying it.

Vaali and Gangai Amaran have penned the lyrics, B Lenin handles editing and Shakti Saravanan cranks the camera.

A couple of songs were also shot in Bangkok.

Venkat, thanking SPB Charan for giving him the opportunity, says, 'certainly my film would be different from others and would win laurels'.

SPB Charan, after the debacle in Mazhai, is very keen to make a success of this one.

Prabhu and Charan are close buddies for years together.

This movie on friendship is a reflection of theirs too.

How nice!

buddysathi
20th May 2007, 11:49 PM
ENNATHU??? Indira Gandhi-ae suttu konnutaangala??!!

mareen
21st May 2007, 01:34 AM
ENNATHU??? Indira Gandhi-ae suttu konnutaangala??!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

crajkumar_be
21st May 2007, 02:24 AM
the great kandiban :lol:

c4ramesh
21st May 2007, 05:16 AM
the great kandiban :lol:

Inppidia pudusssu pusussa thread armbidicha Kandipaban

NOV
21st May 2007, 06:26 AM