PDA

View Full Version : IR's music in latest Advertisements

Oldposts
26th December 2004, 09:00 AM
Topic started by Choochan (@ 194.170.100.8) on Sat Aug 7 06:56:35 EDT 2004.

Latest Lyril ad has Illayaraja's Athadi Ammadi Tune. Similarly idea Cellular phone ad has nine eight... song is IR's old hit tune.

Oldposts
IR Songs used by jingles are increasing by the day.

1. Putham Puthu Kaalai (Product: Kissan Fruitkick Softdrink, Film: AlaigaL Oyvathillay)
2. Paniyil Nanayum MalargaL (Product: Idea Cellular, Film: Pallavi Anupallavi)
3. Athadi Ammadi Then Mottu thaan (Product: Liril Orange, Film: Idhayathai Thirudathey/ Geetanjali)
4. Pon Malai Pozhudu (Product: Kissan Jam, Film: NizhalgaL)
5. Ilamai Idho Idho (Product: Pepsi, Film: Sakalakala Vallavan)
6. Uravenum Pudhiya Vanil - (Product: LG Plasma A/C (Film: Nenjathai Killathey)

The latest is the use of the evergreen hit, "Andhi Mazhai Pozhigirathu" in the advert for a PERT lookalike shampoo. This time it is not the instrumental version, but the song itself. The same product earlier used the ARR song, "Kannukku Mai Ezhudu". Wonder if the ad agency bothered to take permission to use these two songs??

Oldposts
who will bother? If they had bothered then they would have given credit to these great composers some where...

This SOB Balki thinks that he does service to IR by using his tunes for AD's...what he ultimately acheives is few dollars more into his pocket and use $1 to buy any other IR cd to copy...

Man ..songs like "uravenum pudhiya vanil" needs to be popularised and brought to public notice...the composer should be made public...the common man must know.

Oldposts
instead of composing a new ad song and test their skill. they are simply lifing and using film based songs.

See all textile business adv. Pothy's Ranjana's and many more

Oldposts
who composed this one ?
'aadiyila adikuthumaa athirshta kaathu...'
'jolikkuthe joli jolikkuthe...'

Oldposts
'aadiyila adikuthumaa athirshta kaathu...'
composed by D.IMAN

MrJudge
9th October 2006, 10:05 PM
The new Saravana store thanga maalikai ad (*ing Sneha) has IR's vintage sangaththil paadatha kavithai song with techno beats. That BGS sounds very good .... curious to know who done it.

Sanjeevi
9th October 2006, 11:41 PM
I heard that, the tune/music of idea mobile advertisement (SS music channel) came from IR's kannada film PAP (Maniratnam's debut film). Is it true?

swathy
10th October 2006, 10:22 AM
yah sanjeevi. thats from the kannada movie pallavi anu pallavi. nice song :-)

vasanth2006
10th October 2006, 01:28 PM
one of the mineral water ad has the tune of "mottai madi mottai madi" from anjali.

sridevi textiles has the "rambam ambam arambam" tune from singaravelan.

i also heard "sangathil padatha" tune in saravana stores ad. its unbelievable tune. simply out of world.

raja_fan
10th October 2006, 04:54 PM
"sridevi textiles has the "rambam ambam arambam" tune from singaravelan. "

It is not exactly the tune. just the lyrics.
btw.., it is from "Michael Madana..", not Singaravelan.

vasanth2006
10th October 2006, 05:21 PM
"sridevi textiles has the "rambam ambam arambam" tune from singaravelan. "

It is not exactly the tune. just the lyrics.
btw.., it is from "Michael Madana..", not Singaravelan.

thanks for the correction. small confusion.

anyway that starting tune in the sridevi textiles Ad is the same as the original tune. after that only, they changed the tune.

Vkrish
10th October 2006, 08:17 PM
Sarvana store thangamalikai ad has been inspired from the "andrum, indrum, endrum" stage show of IR sometime back, where IR demonstrated the tune with "Dhum Dhum Dhum...." with some brilliant orchestration. This ad more or less has the same beat and "Dhum Dhum..." vocals.

By the by, this vintage song has developed a new craze now and it is very often heard in FM radios and as Ring tones.

njv
10th October 2006, 11:31 PM
Saravana store ad indeed is a track from India 24 hours (which came in Andrum Indrum also)

K
11th October 2006, 10:19 PM
appadiya

inetk
12th October 2006, 09:02 PM
That Saravana stores advt. starring Sneha....isnt that IR's Malayalam song 'Thumbi vaa' from Olangal? Or did the Tamil version come first?

Shankar
13th October 2006, 11:21 AM
mallu came first.

Vkrish
13th October 2006, 09:47 PM
Mallu "Thumbi Vaa" + "Sangathhil Padatha" + "India 24 Hours" + Andrum Indrum Endrum Orchestration ... hmmm I think IR himself is so much fascinated in this tune

inetk
14th October 2006, 09:36 AM
There's a fifth version...'Monday ko' in Balumahendra's Hindi film, 'Aur ek prem kahani' based on the same tune!

Sudalai
16th October 2006, 08:47 PM
Mallu "Thumbi Vaa" + "Sangathhil Padatha" + "India 24 Hours" + Andrum Indrum Endrum Orchestration ... hmmm I think IR himself is so much fascinated in this tune

This was also performed live at the Italy concert (available in AGI Musicals, as someone mentioned in TFM Page earlier! Now available for download as well). The applause at the end of this performance in Italy.. should listen.. applause mudindha piragu.. IR says 'Thank U, Thank U, God Bless!' and again applause...

Also, in 'Andrum.. Indrum.. Endrum' program, IR said about how the director of the Thamizh film insisted on having the song from Olangal, the director having been obsessed with the 'Thumbi vaa' song..

Sarvana store thangamalikai ad has been inspired from the "andrum, indrum, endrum" stage show of IR sometime back, where IR demonstrated the tune with "Dhum Dhum Dhum...." with some brilliant orchestration. This ad more or less has the same beat and "Dhum Dhum..." vocals.

It is not inspired.. It is the same track available in the 'Italy concert' album. Probably the Ad agency has taken care of the copyright issues with IR/AGI.

thumburu
17th October 2006, 01:20 PM
"Sangathil paadaadha kavidhai", "thumbi vaa" any many avathars - a rose by any other name would smell as sweet :D

rajdes
17th October 2006, 07:00 PM
It has a total of 6 (mayube 7 avatars) thanks to dubbed movies. So,
1) Thumbi Vaa from Olangal
2) The telugu dubbing of Olangal(which I happened to see recently on Teja)
3) The telugu remake of olangal
4) Tamil dubbing of telugu remake of olangal
5) Auto Raja - Sangathil padadha kavidhai
6) Aur Ek prem kahani - Sunday Ko (not mOnday ko)
7) (I think) Tamil dubbing of olangal.
Must be Raja's favourite!

MrJudge
16th November 2006, 04:07 PM
I have been looking for the bgm part of Saravana stores advt. starring Sneha....I have requested RR to record and upload it. Does anyone else have it in mp3 form? Please upload it.

Sudalai
17th November 2006, 02:16 PM
MrJudge,
PM me your mail id. Will send it across.

irir123
21st November 2006, 05:32 AM
where can I get the MP3s of "Aur Ek Prem Kahani" ?

Shankar
21st November 2006, 09:27 AM
Dig:
irir123, did you get to give those albums to that person for review ?

irir123
21st November 2006, 09:16 PM
not yet

Vkrish
22nd November 2006, 06:42 PM
It is not inspired.. It is the same track available in the 'Italy concert' album. Probably the Ad agency has taken care of the copyright issues with IR/AGI

Can you please tell me where can i get that Italy Concert CD (AGI) in Chennai. I have tried many shops but in vain.

Regards

Krish.

kameshratnam
22nd November 2006, 06:48 PM
www.agimusic.com or check out with shanti tailors, kapaleeshswarar kovil sannati street, myalpore chennai

NormalMan
23rd November 2006, 08:49 AM
Can someone share the Saravana Stores ad music?

itsmuls
5th February 2007, 01:55 PM
Did anybody heard the New Advt. of Khazana Jewelleries...

"Vitha vithamaaiy Vithyasamaaiy"...

It sounds like a rehashed song of IR, could anybody identify it?

raja_fan
6th February 2007, 10:11 AM
Not sure, but sounds similar to "Shenbagame Shenbagame...", isn't it ?

Shankar
6th February 2007, 10:44 AM
There's this pop version of the now famous idea mobile tune. The tune is so good that whatever form it takes, it sounds so beautiful.

raja_fan
6th February 2007, 12:30 PM
Shankar,

which tune are you talking about ?

Shankar
6th February 2007, 02:23 PM
The pallavi-anupallavi song that's the theme of Idea mobile ads.

Cinefan
19th February 2007, 06:57 PM
The pallavi-anupallavi song that's the theme of Idea mobile ads.

Yup,the 'Naguva Nayana Madhura Mouna'song from Pallavi Anu Pallavi.Infact was listening to this song yesterday evening when I was driving&the first thought that came to my mind was that Mani-ARR do not have one song like this in their combo(Absolutely no offence to Mani or ARR or their fans :) )

sowgit
20th February 2007, 07:57 PM
remember this song ponmeni uruguthey from moondram pirai was used in an AC ad....this line will come in tat ad....pani katrile lala lala lala

rajasaranam
1st March 2007, 07:19 PM
It has a total of 6 (mayube 7 avatars) thanks to dubbed movies. So,
1) Thumbi Vaa from Olangal
2) The telugu dubbing of Olangal(which I happened to see recently on Teja)
3) The telugu remake of olangal
4) Tamil dubbing of telugu remake of olangal
5) Auto Raja - Sangathil padadha kavidhai
6) Aur Ek prem kahani - Sunday Ko (not mOnday ko)
7) (I think) Tamil dubbing of olangal.
Must be Raja's favourite!

The tamil dubbing of Olangal is Titled 'Kanne Kalaimaane' and the song starts off as "Neerveezhchi"
Telugu Dubbing/Remake of Olangal is Neerikshana and the song starts off as "Aakasham"
There is a dubbing version of Autoraja in Kannada titled Autoraja itself. Which should make an 8th version
adding Live in Italy Version and Andrum indrum endrum version and Not missing the BGM when it appeared for first time in the movie 'Moondram Pirai' it shud make the highest no of times a song from Raaja was recycled/rehashed :)

MrJudge
6th July 2008, 10:24 AM
The latest Saravana Jewellery ad has the music of 'etho mogam' song from Kozhi Koovuthu.

Sanjeevi
6th July 2008, 12:52 PM
The latest Saravana Jewellery ad has the music of 'etho mogam' song from Kozhi Koovuthu.

outstanding remix by Karthik Raja

raja_fan
6th July 2008, 04:31 PM
People who visit Chennai Central nowadays will catch another AD playing repeatedly of Saravana Stores.

And that is fast remix of "Hey Padal Ondru.."

MrJudge
6th July 2008, 10:08 PM

Is it by Karthik raja?

littlemaster1982
7th July 2008, 08:27 AM

Sanjeevi,

Are you sure about this? I haven't heard/read this anywhere else :?

MrJudge
25th July 2008, 09:08 PM
The recent Adi thaLLupadi Saravana Stores ad uses nAn koduththatha from mAveeran. I am wondering which agency is doing Saravana Stores ads? They use mostly IR's numbers.

licvskumar
26th July 2008, 10:27 AM
and Saravana stores gold palace ad:

Maaveeran songs

and also all mega serial bgms is covered by our IR bgm and songs in the navarasa situation. e.g. Vaira nenjam (Kalaignar TV), Savalaey samali (Raj TV) and more and more serials.

:D

vel
26th July 2008, 12:32 PM
the way they have reworked on "yetho moham yetho dhaagam" is commendable - it suits the ad purpose well...though not sure if any of them are getting due permission from the composer ! very good work nevertheless

SVN
28th July 2008, 06:31 AM
Karthik Raja has denied having done any of those jingles.

ananth222
18th August 2008, 08:53 PM
in the ODI cricket match between India and Sri Lanka yesterday, there was a music playing in the background (between overs), which sounded very much like "paniyil nanaiyum malargal rendu" (also used in some cellphone ad). Anyone else notice it?

rajasaranam
18th August 2008, 11:09 PM
in the ODI cricket match between India and Sri Lanka yesterday, there was a music playing in the background (between overs), which sounded very much like "paniyil nanaiyum malargal rendu" (also used in some cellphone ad). Anyone else notice it?

Yeah this is the Idea Cellular Theme (Original isNaguva Nayana/Paniyil Nanaiyum) being used time and again in their adverstisements.
I jokingly mentioned to one of my friends that Today only two cell themes are famous in India one is Idea's and the other one is Airtel's and both are derived from Raaja's original compositions 8-)

ananth222
18th August 2008, 11:38 PM
I jokingly mentioned to one of my friends that Today only two cell themes are famous in India one is Idea's and the other one is Airtel's and both are derived from Raaja's original compositions 8-) :rotfl:
btw the tune I mentioned was on the sound system at the ground, not a tv ad. So I think this tune is popular in Sri Lanka also (or maybe the idea cellular ad was being played there... )

NagaS
19th August 2008, 12:47 AM
I jokingly mentioned to one of my friends that Today only two cell themes are famous in India one is Idea's and the other one is Airtel's and both are derived from Raaja's original compositions 8-)

Airtel & Raja? Which Tune? Aren't they using A R Rahman Composed Signature Tune?

NagaS

littlemaster1982
19th August 2008, 04:40 AM
Adhudhaan avar joke-nu sollittaare, serious-a vilakkam kettuttu irukkeenga :lol2:

Wibha
19th August 2008, 06:19 AM
Adhudhaan avar joke-nu sollittaare, serious-a vilakkam kettuttu irukkeenga :lol2:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

raja_fan
19th August 2008, 10:58 AM
That "Naguva Nayana" tune is also used by Asianet news, when they show news highlights.

rajasaranam
19th August 2008, 12:41 PM

Airtel & Raja? Which Tune? Aren't they using A R Rahman Composed Signature Tune?

NagaS

Jokennallum Seriousanna Vishayam thaan ; 'Try humming 'Muthu muthu nilavu mutrathulla irukku....' an intervening line from the song Deepangal Pesum of Devathai and try humming 'Airtel's Signature tune. You'll get What i said :twisted: I used the word Derived not copied, Inspired would be more appropriate :!:

NagaS
19th August 2008, 01:22 PM
Try humming 'Muthu muthu nilavu mutrathulla irukku....' an intervening line from the song Deepangal Pesum of Devathai and try humming 'Airtel's Signature tune. You'll get What i said

Ha, Good Catch boss :)

MrJudge
19th August 2008, 02:52 PM
Jokennallum Seriousanna Vishayam thaan ; 'Try humming 'Muthu muthu nilavu mutrathulla irukku....' an intervening line from the song Deepangal Pesum of Devathai and try humming 'Airtel's Signature tune. You'll get What i said :twisted: I used the word Derived not copied, Inspired would be more appropriate :!:

Good one! :wink:

sgmsin
19th August 2008, 06:09 PM
great catch appreciated

littlemaster1982
20th August 2008, 12:55 AM
'Try humming 'Muthu muthu nilavu mutrathulla irukku....' an intervening line from the song Deepangal Pesum of Devathai and try humming 'Airtel's Signature tune. You'll get What i said :twisted:

Yeah, only if you *try* humming Airtel signature tune to match that line from Devathai song 8-)

NormalMan
20th August 2008, 03:28 AM
I did not *try* humming and still it sounds damn devil close :devil:

littlemaster1982
20th August 2008, 06:52 AM
Even in that case, it's nothing more than a coincidence. Calling that an inspiration is little far fetched.

raja_fan
20th August 2008, 08:45 AM
littlemaster1982,

this resemblance of ARR's airtel tune to Devadhai song has been discussed here a plenty of times earlier.

It could have been a coincidence. But what about "Maanoothu mandhaiyile" from Kizhakku cheemaiyile and "Vaadi yen kappa.." from Alaigal Oiyvathillai ? "Enna vilai azhage.." and "Thanga padhakkathin mele.." etc ? Adhuvum coincidence thaanaa ?
btw.., even these have been discussed earlier..

rangan_08
20th August 2008, 09:28 AM
'Try humming 'Muthu muthu nilavu mutrathulla irukku....' an intervening line from the song Deepangal Pesum of Devathai and try humming 'Airtel's Signature tune. You'll get What i said :twisted: :

But what about "Maanoothu mandhaiyile" from Kizhakku cheemaiyile and "Vaadi yen kappa.." from Alaigal Oiyvathillai ? .

STUNNING !!!

MrJudge
20th August 2008, 10:15 AM
Even in that case, it's nothing more than a coincidence. Calling that an inspiration is little far fetched.

It does not matter whether it is just a coincidence or inspiration. But one of IR's songs has similar line to that tune and knowing that he has done it earlier is 8-)

rajasaranam
20th August 2008, 11:43 AM

It does not matter whether it is just a coincidence or inspiration. But one of IR's songs has similar line to that tune and knowing that he has done it earlier is 8-)

Exactly the point i wanted to make! is that Raaja had already explored so much of the nook and corners of music, that nobody can escape from being reprimanded, that he has copied it from Raaja though it may not be the case in reality.
now dont even *try* humming... just think of these lines...
B 2 the A 2 the B 2 the A Baba... in comparison with 'Raathiri Nerathil Raatchasa Boothangal Starwars' from Anjali
Or the latest famous song going something like 'Adra Adra Naaka mookka' and 'Annathaey Aaduraar Othikko Othikko' From AS.

Actually these are not my findings There is a thread in orkut Titled 'Songs Inspired/Copied by other MD's from Raaja'. though I would not subscribe to this Copied/Inspired which is Put blatantly and would like to say them as a mere coincidence, Iam surprised at those guys ability to pick out such nuances and similarities and prove a point that Raaja is above everyone else :notworthy: Only if Raaja's PR were good he would have reached greater heights than any Indian :evil:

PS: I've cut that portion "Muthu Muthu Nilavu" and have kept it as my ringtone. Many find the similarity, Even those who dont understand the language.

ananth222
20th August 2008, 07:15 PM
PS: I've cut that portion "Muthu Muthu Nilavu" and have kept it as my ringtone. Many find the similarity, Even those who dont understand the language. :rotfl: masterstroke!!

MADDY
20th August 2008, 07:24 PM
ah my god - i just totally cracked up :lol: :rotfl: ......reminds me of kamal-VKR dialogue in maharaasan

KH: javva-lakkadi giri giri saidapeta vada giri....idhukku enna badhil sollura
VKR: yov, idhukku ellam evanya badhil solla mudiyum... :lol:

MADDY
20th August 2008, 07:28 PM
now dont even *try* humming... just think of these lines...B 2 the A 2 the B 2 the A Baba... in comparison with 'Raathiri Nerathil Raatchasa Boothangal Starwars' from Anjali
Or the latest famous song going something like 'Adra Adra Naaka mookka' and 'Annathaey Aaduraar Othikko Othikko' From AS.

RS, please give me some break...........i'm just uncontrollably laughing........ :lol:

LM, how is that a coincidence even :shock: .........the bend in tune is so much different....... :)

MADDY
20th August 2008, 07:37 PM

thats not even a line - thats just a byte :lol: ..u'll find so many such fraction/micro/milli second similarities then....hey come on guys, i think calling this inspiration/copy/raaja has spawned nook-corner of burma baazar etc etc is too much.....

littlemaster1982
20th August 2008, 07:40 PM
LM, how is that a coincidence even :shock: .........the bend in tune is so much different....... :)

I said "Even in that case". Enna pandradhu, ARR-ai vambukku izhukkalenna ivangalukku thookkame varradhilla :cry:

rajasaranam
20th August 2008, 07:56 PM
MADDY,

I am happy :oops: I've made you laugh like this after many days!....hold on lemme Wipe those Drops of Aanantha Kaneer Etti Paarthufying from my eye oram :)
An inner voice: Ummm..Hmmm... 'No silly Feelings' RS, MADDY is like this only for the past 8 years dont you know him :?:

MADDY
20th August 2008, 07:58 PM

I said "Even in that case". Enna pandradhu, ARR-ai vambukku izhukkalenna ivangalukku thookkame varradhilla :cry:

ofcourse, ever since kamal chose to ignore Ilayaraja for his home production, they have intensified this.......i just thot this ARR bashing was restricted to 2 threads in IR section, but now i know its all over the section......

Vivasaayi
20th August 2008, 08:17 PM
ive read this somewhere

b to the a to the b to the a baba thats what we say

raaathiri nerathil raatchasa pvaigalin star wars thirumbi paar(lyrics konjam maradhutuchu) - anjali

they soung exactly same right?

ippo adhaye englishla paaduna wrap-a?

MrJudge
20th August 2008, 08:24 PM
thats not even a line - thats just a byte ..u'll find so many such fraction/micro/milli second similarities then.....

The Airtel tune itself is a 15-20sec byte not a full line. That is the reason even a fraction/micro/milli second of resemblance sounds so close to it. If the airtel tune spawns for 3 mins or so just like a full length song, nobody will bother about these milli seconds.

MrJudge
20th August 2008, 08:26 PM
ofcourse, ever since kamal chose to ignore Ilayaraja for his home production, they have intensified this.......i just thot this ARR bashing was restricted to 2 threads in IR section, but now i know its all over the section......

:lol: good comedy.

littlemaster1982
20th August 2008, 08:29 PM
thats not even a line - thats just a byte ..u'll find so many such fraction/micro/milli second similarities then.....

The Airtel tune itself is a 15-20sec byte not a full line. That is the reason even a fraction/micro/milli second of resemblance sounds so close to it. If the airtel tune spawns for 3 mins or so just like a full length song, nobody will bother about these milli seconds.

Airtel signature tune is approx 1 min. Not 15-20 secs.

MrJudge
20th August 2008, 08:30 PM
ive read this somewhere

b to the a to the b to the a baba thats what we say

raaathiri nerathil raatchasa pvaigalin star wars thirumbi paar(lyrics konjam maradhutuchu) - anjali

they soung exactly same right?

ippo adhaye englishla paaduna wrap-a?

irunga, MADDY thaan evvaluvvu 'bend' irukkunu sollanum :lol:

MrJudge
20th August 2008, 08:33 PM

Airtel signature tune is approx 1 min. Not 15-20 secs.

Not sure, may be you are right. In Devathai, it comes for 15-20 secs and it may have stretched to 1 min in airtel.

littlemaster1982
20th August 2008, 08:40 PM
You must be kidding Judge. Do you really think the line 'Muthu muthu nilavu mutthathula irukku' comes for 15-20 seconds?

Idhu ungalukke aniyaayama illa :?

jaiganes
20th August 2008, 08:48 PM
I personally feel that it is a strange coincidence.
Years back Music Director (Shankar) Ganesh said that 'Raasaathi onnai Kaanaadha nenju' tune from Vaidehi kaathirundhaaL rhymes well with an old G.Ramanadhan song from Mahadevi - just that the similarity is not in the pallavi, but in one of the lines in charanam - I dont exactly remember this song that he sang - but he tried to justify his ee adichaans with that - which was ridiculous, but the point is that if you have only 7 notes and there have been atleast 10000 years of recorded music history, good deal of chance occurrences and coincidences are possible and I believe in this case - that is what has happened. However Rajasaranam's point is that IR has been so prolific over the years (800 films * 4 songs a film = 3200 songs atleast) that any composer following him is bound to touch the same note pattern he used in one of these songs at one point or the other and can't escape from that. It is true for Rahman as well. There is no axe to grind in this case I feel. In future you guys (maddy and LM) will be posting in the hub as to how a composers 9 sec bit reminded you of a ARR signature tune. That is the impact of legendary composers and there is no point fighting over it.

MADDY
20th August 2008, 09:06 PM
In future you guys (maddy and LM) will be posting in the hub as to how a composers 9 sec bit reminded you of a ARR signature tune. That is the impact of legendary composers and there is no point fighting over it.

which dinesh is doing already for HJ's inspirations from ARR......and i dont agree with him either all the times..........all i look for is "full" pallavi and arrangement style b4 i call anything a copy/inspiration.........if u see "all rise - blue" and "june ponal - unnale unnale" - their arrangements are so similar, that i would accept it a copy.......to jump on 2 sec, 3 sec similarities is pretty naive i feel....u dont know wat the tune is trying to convey with those 2-3 secs

and i'm surprised that eminem and other rappers have copied that "star war" chants from anjali more than 1000 times :lol: (in IR fans terms).......how else you want a rap chants to be - u'll find this in all raps then :)

rajasaranam
20th August 2008, 11:10 PM
and i'm surprised that eminem and other rappers have copied that "star war" chants from anjali more than 1000 times :lol: (in IR fans terms).......how else you want a rap chants to be - u'll find this in all raps then :)

Appa! Nenjam kulirnthathu... that you have accepted Raaja had done a "Rap" or "RapChant" Before anybody else did it in 'India' :notworthy:
MADDY Kalakura po :twisted:

Wibha
21st August 2008, 04:37 AM

NagaS

just read this post :rotfl: :rotfl:

u seriously gotta be kidding me :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

lm- didn't i tell you the other day that IR fans may land up saying this :lol2: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

raja_fan
21st August 2008, 10:36 AM
IR is everywhere around us :)

Did any one see SUN Music's new animation of "Hey paadal ondru.." with all the instruments violin, tabla, guitar etc and a girl singing that ..?

MrJudge
21st August 2008, 11:10 AM
You must be kidding Judge. Do you really think the line 'Muthu muthu nilavu mutthathula irukku' comes for 15-20 seconds?

OK, here are the exact durations:

Muthu muthu nilavu - 6 secs
Airtel - the main theme also is 6 secs and it is repeated with different instruments thrice, in between there are couple of 5 secs music in different tune/harmony.

Obviously the main theme of Airtel is close to Muthu muthu in duration also and not as MADDY claimed like milli second resemblance.

rajasaranam
21st August 2008, 11:13 AM

u seriously gotta be kidding me :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

lm- didn't i tell you the other day that IR fans may land up saying this :lol2: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

MADDY,

Appadiyae Kamukkamaa Unakku Oru Vaarisu Ready Pannitta Poala :noteeth:

MADDY
21st August 2008, 11:27 AM

MADDY,

ARR-a support panranvanga ellam yennoda vaarisunga-nna, enakku pala laksham vaarisunga irukaanga :lol: ......

thamizhvaanan
21st August 2008, 11:47 AM

OK, here are the exact durations:

Muthu muthu nilavu - 6 secs
Airtel - the main theme also is 6 secs and it is repeated with different instruments thrice, in between there are couple of 5 secs music in different tune/harmony.

Obviously the main theme of Airtel is close to Muthu muthu in duration also and not as MADDY claimed like milli second resemblance.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Unga comedy ku ellam alavey illama pochu.. idhuku gud catch nu paaratu vera :rotfl2:

MrJudge
21st August 2008, 11:52 AM
which dinesh is doing already for HJ's inspirations from ARR......and i dont agree with him either all the times..........

I was about to bring my other buddy's name yesterday as soon as I read your milli seconds theory but didn't do it. pothumpa nee oruththarE :lol:

all i look for is "full" pallavi and arrangement style b4 i call anything a copy/inspiration.........if u see "all rise - blue" and "june ponal - unnale unnale" - their arrangements are so similar, that i would accept it a copy.......to jump on 2 sec, 3 sec similarities is pretty naive i feel....u dont know wat the tune is trying to convey with those 2-3 secs

I agree, but again your logic can be applied only for comparing full length songs not for milli second ads, isn't it?

I am not much into raps but the chant he used in Anjali resembles any other rap bits? I like to know it genuinely, please let me know if you come across anything.

MrJudge
21st August 2008, 11:54 AM

MADDY,

irukkalaam but no body can beat my friend MADDY :lol:

littlemaster1982
21st August 2008, 11:59 AM
all i look for is "full" pallavi and arrangement style b4 i call anything a copy/inspiration.........if u see "all rise - blue" and "june ponal - unnale unnale" - their arrangements are so similar, that i would accept it a copy.......to jump on 2 sec, 3 sec similarities is pretty naive i feel....u dont know wat the tune is trying to convey with those 2-3 secs

I agree, but again your logic can be applied only for comparing full length songs not for milli second ads, isn't it?

You are stretching it too far, Judge. I still can't believe that we are discussing over a 2-3 seconds similarity in a jingle which lasts for a minute.

MrJudge
21st August 2008, 12:06 PM
You are stretching it too far, Judge. I still can't believe that we are discussing over a 2-3 seconds similarity in a jingle which lasts for a minute.

Come on man... I already said it may be just a coincidence but IR song has something similar to it, that's all.

And again the whole ad is around 1 min but not the music. The main theme is just 6 secs and repeated thrice... If you don't believe me, watch it at youtube. I checked both songs this morning after I read your reply, both are coming for 6 secs only. :D

thamizhvaanan
21st August 2008, 12:06 PM
ah my god - i just totally cracked up :lol: :rotfl: ......reminds me of kamal-VKR dialogue in maharaasan

KH: javva-lakkadi giri giri saidapeta vada giri....idhukku enna badhil sollura
VKR: yov, idhukku ellam evanya badhil solla mudiyum... :lol:

:rotfl: Bestu :thumbsup: .. to me javva lakkadi giri giri makes more sense than these discoveries :lol2:

littlemaster1982
21st August 2008, 12:11 PM

Come on man... I already said it may be just a coincidence but IR song has something similar to it, that's all.

And again the whole ad is around 1 min but not the music. The main theme is just 6 secs and repeated thrice... If you don't believe me, watch it at youtube. I checked both songs this morning after I read your reply, both are coming for 6 secs only. :D

There it ends.

MrJudge
21st August 2008, 12:14 PM
There it ends.

Yes, but happy to know that IR did it earlier. :D

littlemaster1982
21st August 2008, 12:39 PM
This is getting repetitive :wave:

MrJudge
21st August 2008, 12:41 PM
This is getting repetitive :wave:

:wave:

sarna_blr
21st August 2008, 12:44 PM

jaiganes
21st August 2008, 07:42 PM

:wave: :wave:
niruththanum - ellaathayum niruthanum

BTW - talking about RAP - It is not Raaja or eminem or his ancestors..
Our arunagirinaadhar has already done rap and a bloody good one at that in Thiruppugazh.

Muthaiththiru paththi th thiru........
:thumbsup:

Blaaze, avangappan, eminem avangappan evan vandhaalum TMS paadina maadhiri indha Rap pai paada mudiyaadhunnen!!!

raja_fan
22nd August 2008, 08:38 AM
Few other songs of Thirupugazh are in "RAP" style only.

In Sanskrit, listen to Vedic chants like "Rudram Chamakam". Perfect example of how such "RAP" like flow can really create positive effects on your mind ! :)

jaiganes
22nd August 2008, 11:57 PM
they are not in RAP style - RAP is a later day western rumbling that current music directors are dying to incorporate with no idea why RAP is being sung in USA - simply the west aping shit mentality.

Thiruppugazh is in 'sandha nadai' and was beyond and before all this and the specific one where the sound 'th' is prominent to reflect a particular spiritual situation.

rajasaranam
29th August 2008, 08:37 PM
Oru 2 second Resemblance kooda vittu Vaikka Maatrangappa Namma Pasanga :lol:
http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=5CJvz02MNzs

vigneshram
13th September 2008, 09:52 PM
Not a latest advertisement, but sounds superb...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElEk97jwNxU

RR
5th December 2011, 08:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICDEjFr1gVg&feature=related