PDA

View Full Version : thiruvasakam in symphony

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

rajasaranam
19th May 2005, 11:37 PM
here is the full transcirpt of What SSchwartz wrote about Our GOD IR

http://www.stephenschwartz.com//ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=askstephen&Number=3325&Forum=askstephen&Words=ilayaraja&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=3252&Search=true#Post3325

Last night, at Sony Studios in New York City, I had the pleasure of hearing the almost-finished mix of Ilayaraaja's amazing work. It is unlike anything I've ever heard before, a stunning blend of Indian and Western music and instruments. I asked Mr. Raaja if this was something different for him too, and he said he had never done anything like this piece before. I don't know if anyone has. So I believe those of you looking forward to this are in for a great treat. The section to which I contributed English words is about twenty minutes long and dovetails back and forth between Mr. Raaja singing in Tamil and an American singer singing in English, plus there is a large and beautifully produced chorus. Mr. Raaja's orchestrations are superb, and the recording engineer, Richard King, has done a spectacular job sonically. I felt so very proud to be a small part of this project.

Mr. Raaja is a pleasure to work with, in answer to your question. He is a quiet and gentle personality, always smiling and encouraging, which can make one forget what a musical genius he is. He was extremely clear with me about what he wanted me to do in translating/paraphrasing the Tamil text, what portions of Manikka-Vacagar's poem he wished me to emphasize, and what the deeper meanings were. When he wanted revisions, he was again very clear and helpful as to what adjustments he felt needed to be made to accomplish his vision. The people Mr. Raaja surrounds himself with, at least those it was my pleasure to meet, are also unfailingly positive personalities. The entire project for me has been an enjoyable and fascinating experience from beginning to end, and I feel extremely lucky to have been asked by Mr. Raaja to participate.

I hope this answers some of your questions, and I believe I can promise you with confidence you are in for a major treat when you hear Thiruvasakam in Symphony.

Sincerely, Stephen Schwartz

app_engine
20th May 2005, 12:14 AM
rs, idhu romba pazhaya posting illayA?

rajasaranam
20th May 2005, 01:04 AM
app_engine,

Amam Pazhaya post thaan aana Thirumba padikarathula oru sugam :)

RC
20th May 2005, 02:18 AM
Is it Thiruvasakam in Symphony or is it Thiruvasagam in Ontario or is it Thiruvasagam by Ilayaraja?

vijayr
20th May 2005, 02:57 AM
Even the letter that TISK has posted is old. Remember reading those comments from Schwartz long time back.

TISK
20th May 2005, 08:55 AM
That letter was received today. The first part of it is new and the second part is for the receiver of the mail[not me] who is a sponsor. read my mail again. I have said it clearly.
YIA!

natha1729
21st May 2005, 12:32 AM
Is it Thiruvasakam in Symphony or is it Thiruvasagam in Ontario or is it Thiruvasagam by Ilayaraja?

is it Jun 25, 2005 or Jun 26, 2006? ;--) :?

vijayr
21st May 2005, 03:38 AM
"Thiruvasagam in Ontario"

RC, it is definitely not in Ontario :-)) It is Thiruvasagam Oratorio

RC
21st May 2005, 07:20 AM
"Thiruvasagam in Ontario"

RC, it is definitely not in Ontario :-)) It is Thiruvasagam Oratorio

vijay: felling mistake aagipOchu.. :oops:

Vkrish
3rd June 2005, 06:39 PM
Countdown starts...the release show is on 30th June 05 at Music Academy, Chennai... Any details about the invitees, cheif guest..etc???

njv
3rd June 2005, 10:18 PM
TIS site says its on Jun 20th.

I received a news (cant tell the source) that there are some new (not so good) development and that will postpond the release.

Not sure which one is true, but lets hope the CD comes by end of June.

TISK
4th June 2005, 07:56 PM
20th is a typo and has since been corrested. 30th june at Music Academy is confirmed.
Admission is by invitation only and those in India desirous of being part of this event, please get in touch with Fr. Jegath/Tamil Maiyam at 24672217 asap.
we need volunteers in USA in various cities and an announcement will be made in the TiS-usa.com website in a day or two and please come forward with your help.
Thanks.
YIA!!

prabhudas
5th June 2005, 01:45 AM
What a Great News TISK,
Hopefully I will be able to attend the (Madras)Indian release ceremony, if I am lucky.
Prabhudas

baroque
5th June 2005, 02:20 AM
Dr.Shankar! Thanks for the encouraging, positive announcements ,developments about TBI release! Great to hear from you, feels good! :D love, vinu.

njv
6th June 2005, 07:41 PM
TISK

I managed to get 4 people to volunteer from NJ. This is a very short list. I can get more likeminded people from NJ.

My suggestion. There are two big events happening in July in NJ.

1. Tamil Sangam Annual Day - Laxman Sruthi archestra and "metti oli" troops are coming for this. This is a very good place to launch, since there usually is lot of turnout for this even (1500 - 2000)

2. Bridge Water Temple "Indo-American" festival - July 9th and 10th. Between 10000 to 15000 people will from various parts of tri-state area.

If we can get the CD bfore that we can target these two functions and try to sell CDs / promote CD.

TISK
6th June 2005, 11:20 PM
'NJV',
THAT'S SOME FAST ACTION! PL. GET IN TOUCH WITH ME FOR ADDL. DETAILS.
#919-413-3913[C] 460-9430[H]
THANKS.

PEOPLE FROM OTHER CITIES PLEASE?
YIA!!

Ravi_odiyur
7th June 2005, 03:07 PM
Check out this link :

http://chennaionline.com/music/Albums/2005/06symphony.asp

Maestro Ilayaraja's 'Thiruvasagam in Symphony', a musical rendering of the epic Tamil verses, will be released in Chennai June 30, and will be followed up by a global release in the US July 2.

The dream project of 'Tamil Maiyam', an initiative of Fr Jasper Gaspar Raj and his team in Chennai - a musical rendering of Manickavasagar's verses - will finally hit the airwaves from June 30.

The massive international project, which is estimated to have cost over Rs 70 lakh, looks forward to international support in a bid to at least partially recover the investment.

Ilayaraja's work in the project has been truly inspirational and monumental, according to Fr Jasper and those associated with the work globally.

The Budapest Symphony Orchestra has showered praise on the maestro.

Another global celebrity who has singled out Ilayaraja's work is Oscar award winner, Stephen Schwartz, America's most celebrated opera play writer, who has written a letter to Fr Jaspar about 'Thiruvaasagam in Symphony':

"Last night, at Sony studios in New York City, I had the pleasure of hearing the almost finished mix of Ilayaraaja's amazing work. It is unlike anything I've ever heard before, a stunning blend of Indian and western music and instruments. I asked Mr Raja if this was something different for him too, and he said he had never done anything like this piece before. I don't know if anyone has. So I believe those of you looking forward to this are in for a great treat. The section to which I contributed English words is about twenty minutes long and dovetails back and forth between Mr Raja singing in Tamil and an American singer singing in English, plus there is a large and beautifully produced chorus. Mr Raja's orchestrations are superb, and the recording engineer, Richard King, has done a spectacular job sonically. I felt so very proud to be a small part of this project."

The function in Chennai will be held at the Music Academy, an apt venue.

The songs have been rendered by Ilayaraja and Bhavatharini, his daughter, among others.

thumburu
7th June 2005, 03:38 PM
"The songs have been rendered by Ilayaraja and Bhavatharini, his daughter, among others " - This is a cause of great concern :(

TISK
7th June 2005, 06:55 PM
Without knowing the tone and the mood of the songs,
Without having any idea on how the CD has come out,
Just basing on one's own personal aversions,
Having known and heard many songs from the Great Maestro on rendering pathos[urukkam] songs in the last 3 decades,
still....
....If one is passing his unfounded 'great concerns', it is a shameless act and a disrespect to a great atrist.
Better hold it.... you will have to eat back your own words.... when you hear this master-piece!

I am not sorry if you feel hurt.

vijayr
7th June 2005, 07:12 PM
I was one of the people who was also a little concerned earlier on(and ready to eat my words now), but right now I dont feel its a major issue at all nor is it worth focussing on. The overall effort that went into making this is by itself worth applauding. The chorus and the symphony backing is going to make it a totally different listening experience.

TISK, some of us had sent a list of music societies/departments etc. to Fr. Gasper sometime back. I think the time is nearing to send a general memorandum to all these contacts once again. I hope a good number of CDs are sold before any pirated version appears on the net.

njv
7th June 2005, 08:39 PM
Without having any idea on how the CD has come out,
Just basing on one's own personal aversions,

TISK this is not one's own personal aversions, but "Thamil Parambariyam" Vittidunga.

TISK
7th June 2005, 09:32 PM
DEAR 'VIJAYR'
COULD YOU PL. SEND THAT LIST TO ME?
THANKS.

natha1729
8th June 2005, 01:11 AM
"So I believe those of you looking forward to this are in for a great treat...... I felt so very proud to be a small part of this project."

to all those concerned that above concerns :? :wink: :?

natha1729
8th June 2005, 01:16 AM
"The songs have been rendered by Ilayaraja and Bhavatharini, his daughter, among others " - This is a cause of great concern :(

thank god, it isn't Udit Narayan and his daughter. :P :D :wink:

p
8th June 2005, 01:51 AM
Maestro efforts have borne fruit

Ramya Kannan

Illayaraja's much-awaited composition will be released in June-end
http://www.hindu.com/2005/06/06/stories/2005060612390600.htm

http://ramyablogs.blogspot.com/2005/06/illayaraja-in-symphony-and-two-other.html

TISK
8th June 2005, 02:55 AM
'Ramya' said it right!!

"......As I listened to the rising and falling cadences of the Oratorio, my eyes closed, i could feel the skin of my hand, the back of my neck break out in goose pimples. Apart from that physical feeling of ecstacy, I hardly was conscious of my self. Schopenhauer?!
I don't know. Maybe it was Illayaraja......."

That is the best way to listen to this great composition!
Closing your eyes and setting for an unforgettable journey!

Thank you 'P' for this excellent experience!

YIA!!

thumburu
8th June 2005, 02:41 PM
As a fellow contributor and wellwisher to TBI, Iam surprised how my voicing of a true concern can be deemed a shameless act. If IR and Bhava disprove the prevailing facts about their vocal prowess, I will only be too happy to suspend my concern for this case .

TISK
8th June 2005, 06:54 PM
Dear 'Thumburu',
That's all I said.... Pl. read my post again. Thanks.
YIA!!

vijayr
8th June 2005, 07:11 PM
TISK, I assume you have heard the whole album. The link above talks about 4 songs in non-western mode set to appeal to the lay man(and only 2 songs as oratorio). So those 4 songs,are they just like "Guru ramana geetham" and other devotional albums or are they still a little different? If its not appropriate for you to answer this right now, I'll understand.
I thought the entire album had the orchestra backing.

TISK
8th June 2005, 09:45 PM
THANKS FOR ASKING!
The entire album is orchestrated by the Hungaryan Symphony Orchestra and only one song, which is about 23 minutes long, has English counter point with chorus in English and tamil as well. This piece is a selective version[condensed] of 'Sivapuraanam' in Thiruvaasakam. his is something very unique and our Indian audience has never experienced one like this!
The rest of the songs are set to different tunes appealing to different types of 'common man'! ...one for a couple, a loner, one for youngsters[teens], one for seekers, one for those care-free man, and one for a western audience. Each one has solo, duet, chorus, and symphony notes.They have nothing to do with the earlier works you had mentioned.
BTW, this is my perception only on hearing them but may differ from person to person!
You will undertand what I mean when you hear the CD!
And, that will be the topic of discussion here from July 1st onwards, i believe!

YIA!!

vijayr
8th June 2005, 10:08 PM
Thanks, TISK

prabhudas
9th June 2005, 01:56 AM
P,
thanks for the link, probably the first unofficial first hand info on the album by the journalist,
also TISK thanks for sharing your personal experience giving a little more info ( I will be emailing you soon please acknowledge at your free time). I just read some comments and reply by this journalist (Ramya K) in her blogspot (linked above), one comment by her
"i did a small piece already for the paper on TiS, but fr. gasper raj wants me to do a review of the cd. let's see..."

This journalist has admitted herself that she is neither a musician nor an officiando herself and what she expressed was as a common listener, having said that, a little concern from me ( and probably by many in the forum I think )that a monumental work such as this needs review by some experts and critics with adequate knowledge and if Rev.Fr.Jegath has time to ckeck on this forum, my sincere request, as many have suggested for a long time, It will have a better impact and reach if the product reaches for review by more experts and critics from different parts of the world ( to begin with in India)

Prabhudas

app_engine
9th June 2005, 02:12 AM
I read sometime back in vikatan that IR sent the RPO symphony's cassette through Karthik Raja to Subbudu in Delhi for listening (after Subbudu wrote in an article about his old age / health / heart surgery etc. concluding whether he'll listen to symphony in his lifetime at all)...and this gesture was very much appreciated by the elderly critic...

I think IR himself can recommend who are the critics / experts that need to get a copy and evaluate...On a lighter note, I would not recommend the copy to be given to anybody related to any TFM MD:-) (album release'kku munnAdiyE suttu viduvArgaL)

app_engine
9th June 2005, 02:14 AM
Just imagine Deva getting a copy of TIS (TBI) for evaluation:-)

natha1729
9th June 2005, 07:25 AM
Just imagine Deva getting a copy of TIS (TBI) for evaluation:-)

....with Udit Narayan and his daughter singing :D :roll:

TISK
9th June 2005, 08:45 AM
IIR has come wayyyyyyyyy out of that cine talk with this music but the rest of us here are still in that celluloid mode !!
Friends! Please come out of that and try to live in a different world where music is divine and elevating your general outlook!
I've been saying for almost over an year that this TiS [TbI] is not Virumaandi nor Pithaamagan but no one seems to be listening!
That's another reason why there are no known names or voices like SPB etc. to make you identify totally with this music only and not divert your attention in any way.
I am not objecting to you having some fun here like we have just before the wedding night but i request you to be focussed to enjoy something totally different!
We will be uploading a sample Cd to give you an idea in a day or two as to what we are talking here.
YIA!!

raja_fan
9th June 2005, 12:38 PM
TISK,

WHO is going to release the CD ? I mean who is going to preside the function ? Is it CM / PM / other ?

What will be the price of the CD/ Cassette ?

Ravi_odiyur
9th June 2005, 03:46 PM
TISK, your post cleared one of my doubts. I wondered why were'nt any of the popular singers' voices used and your post has a valid point. As you have said, its difficult to comprehend what kind of album TiS would be - because I can understand that Symphony is a fusion of all western instruments and chanting a Tamil hymn set to a Symphony.... hmm... its like thinking about the 4th dimension!!! Sounds really interesting... It'll be great if you can post us a glimpse of the album (ofcouse much before the relase ;-)). Thanks!

Sanjeevi
10th June 2005, 01:52 AM
IR says it is not a symphony, it is called as Aretoria!.

Source : This week Ananda Vikatan,

Any more info?

app_engine
10th June 2005, 02:18 AM
Sanjeevi, "Aretoria" illeenga, adhu `ORATORIO'...

http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/g_oratorio.html

MumbaiRamki
10th June 2005, 02:41 AM
Translation of IR's interview in Vikatan ....

When Shri Illayraaja soulfully sings "Nama shivaya Vazhga " ,the
spiritual vibrations of it fills the whole house.When he
finishes singing and comes out of that state ,his eyes are moisted
with tears .

Says Ilayraaja " This Thiruvasagam project is a result of my intense
desire to do something for the youth generation.

(Gives an example ) If you don't clean a house for days ,dust starts
accumulating ;If it is left as it is for four days ,then spiders and
dirt starts accumulating ;Left unclean for a month ,rats and mouse
settle there ;If its unattended for a year ,even if its a palace it
will be ruined !

"(Having Known this fact) ,we haven't preserved our cultural treasures
we have for centuries together !Our precious cultural treasures have
withstood for centuries inspite of our ignorance and negligence -thats their power .
Having known these facts ,we should keep our house clean .We should prevent
our culture getting damaged by external infleunces and so called new
-civilization inputs from the outside world.Well ,i thought on these
lines and Thiruvasagam project was born !"

This project is a journey that continued for four years -But the
actual work(composition ) was done in just 12 days .During those 12
days ,i used to start writing music from 4 in the morning to 10 30 in
the night .The day on which i completed writing the score was the guru
Poornima day of Manikka Vasagar ( who wrote thiruvasagam) -Thanks to
God ,thanks to his blessings !

<Question >Film Music ,Thiruvasagam music - which one gives you the
soulful satisfaction ? <Questions>

<Answer> Both appears to be the same .I have done Thiruvasagam kind of
music in films and vice versa.You perceive the difference .It appears
the same for me .Like the breeze is the same everywhere <Answer>

<Question >What attracted you to Thiruvasagam so much ? <Question>

<Answer>As the snow melts and disappears when sunshine pours in , a
man's lower form of ego ,selfishness flies away when he reads
Thiruvasagam.A person of the stature of Manikka Vasagar ,who has
realized god and is always in union with god ,describes himself as a
person 'who is inferior to dog ' and he surrenders to god.When you
read this in our wonderful tamizh language ,you are shaken by the
humility and you are moved to tears -It will be surprising if one is
not attracted to this wonderful treasure! <Answer>

<Question >How did you turn your mind towards god ,when your youth was
spent in Communist meetings ? ( as a musician )<Question>

<Answer>I don't have to search anything now .Having known where is
'God' .what is there to search now ?People search only those things
that they don't have !God has blessed me with its unique gift of music
to immerse in the 7 swaras of music and compose music for others ! It
is a blessing from god that i will be immersed in it and forget
everything else! <Answer>

<Question >How was the expereince of working with musicians of other
countries ?(like hungary ,US ) <Questions>

<Answer>This is not the first time that iam working with them .But
this project has one primary difference-thiruvasagam is a
treasure that represents Indian culture -I have to make them feel the
Indian culture in thiruvasagam and they have to work with me having
understood its importance and essence .Tamil Maiyaam decided that they
will use world class technicians for this project.The sound
engineering was done by Five Time grammy award winner Mr.Richard King
and the orchestra was conducted by world famous conductor Mr.Laslo
Kovacs.He (Laso Kovacs) commented that i write notes in such a speed
that this ( speed of writing notes) will find a place in Guinnes book
of world records !I was concerned that they might play without
understanding the beauty of this treaure(Thiruvasagam) .But ,everybody
performed wonderfully .I was happy when they said " We never knew that
such a treasure exists in India "

<Question > How was the experience of working with a christian priest
( Fr.Jegath Gasper ) for composing a symphony for hindu literature ?
<Question>

<Answer> This musical form which is used in this project is not of
'symphony' type .This form is called 'Oratorio' .perhaps ,this is the
first time in India that a musical piece of this form is coming.But we used a full fledged orchestra for this and hence
they started calling this as symphony.I was involved in this project
for the past five years .Well ,this project required good financial
backup .And my nature did not allow me to sell this commercially .Some
people approached me with some commercial gains in mind and hence the
delay ( as i don't prefer that ) .

Catholic Father has huge intrest in Tamizh Literature and devotional
respect for Thiruvasagam. By chance ,i mentioned to him about this
idea -Its divine play that who says what and who does what !After he
was ready to manage the project financially ,the one thought that
flashed in my mind " God is above all religions ' !

<Question >Do you have any plans to compose for any other tamizh
literature works ? <Question>

<Answer>(Gives an example) Thiruvalluvar did not pre plan to write
Thiru Kurral.It just happened naturally ,without any conscious
effort.This is how any good work will come .I don't carry a list of
'to-do' items and then execute it.To be open ,this format of music (
in which Thiruvasagam is composed) is new to you .When i first read
Thiruvasagam ,i did'nt read it literally -instead ,thiruvasagam verses
appeared to me in a musical form that you are going to hear in this !
<Answer>

<Question > After you ,so many peopel from the current generation have
come to the cine music field !-What do you think about that ? <Questions>

<Answer>Its a good thing ! Whetever passion i have for music is from
my (music ) ancestors .With no conscious effort ,quite naturally ,my
veins are filled with the music of Pavalar Vardha Rajan ( his late
brother ). I appear tall if i stand on the shoulders of my
ancestors.If they keep me down ,iam just as like anybody .Like an
illayraaja came from Pavalar ,a Yuvan Shankar Raaja from Illayraaja !
<Answer>

Illayaraaja's Thiruvasagam is going to get released in the 'Music
Academy' on Jun 30 rd th .Raaja says that 'This is the penance of my
life .My dream '

Well ,for us it is a boon !

vijayr
10th June 2005, 03:46 AM
Mumbai Ramki, thanks for posting the interview

TISK
10th June 2005, 07:30 AM
Pl. visit www,tis-usa.com for a special call for volunteers for USA Launch!
We need dedicated people from every major city,
Please help us!
With your help we will besetting an unique record in the world wherein the entire project has been funded, marketed and made into a successful one just by common people like us!
Please, one last time!
YIA!!

TISK
10th June 2005, 06:23 PM
This is the appeal. YIA!!

"Dear Friends,

On behalf of the TiS-USA team and Tamil Maiyam I would like to thank
you for
your patient and continuing support of the 'Thiruvasakam by
Ilaiyaraaja' project.
Here is an opportunity for you to be further involved in this historic
project. At this
time we are seeking volunteers who can act as the primary
sales/distribution
contact for 'Thiruvasakam by Ilaiyaraaja' in their local cities
starting July 2.

As you may now by know, 'Thiruvasakam by Ilaiyaraaja' will be
officially released
in the USA on July 2, at the Annual Tamil Convention to be held in
Dallas, Texas
(http://www.natt.us/). For the benefit of all the eager fans in the US
and Canada,
the TiS-USA team is planning to ensure that the CDs are available in as
many
cities during the same weekend (July 2-4).

We will initially be releasing the special edition CD package
containing the audio CD,
a 25 minute DVD on the making of 'Thiruvasakam by Ilaiyaraaja', a Hymn
book hand
written by Shri Ilaiyaraaja and a small booklet with an article by
Shri Ilaiyaraaja and comments by celebrities. Each special edition CD
will cost $20.
There will be an extra special edition which includes all of the above but the CD is an 'IIR autographed" one, the cost of which will be $50.

If you can sell more than 10 CDs in your local area please get in
touch with us ASAP by replying to this email or calling me (Dr. Sankar
Kumar) at 413-3913. An advance
payment in full for the first 10 CDs ($200 or 500) and $10/$25 for each
additional CD is suggested.
However even if you cannot make an advance payment we encourage you to
send
us an email. For smaller orders we will also be setting up a page to
accept credit card
payments on our website (http://www.tis-usa.com) by the end of next
week (June 16).

We will be eagerly looking forward to a positive response from you to
this call for
volunteers. Your participation at this moment is crucial to the
success of this project.

Sincerely,

Dr. Sankar Kumar
(for TiS-USA team)
919-413-3913
tisusa@gmail.com"

Sanjeevi
10th June 2005, 07:32 PM
Hi All,

I am surprised about TiO has been released. Also the sales of TiO by Mastreo has been started in online.

http://www.dvdunlimitedonline.com/shop/index.php?cPath=22&osCsid=9914620b8adcebdfd0d176e07d22c420

It is priced at near 12 USD.

thops
10th June 2005, 07:41 PM
it is $20 per special edition CD...

vijayr
10th June 2005, 08:03 PM
how come it is already released? Or is it something like a pre-order?

TISK
10th June 2005, 08:24 PM
Anticipating the Cd release as of April 14th, our friend in NJ, 'DVDonline' has set up that pre-order page in his website! The price he had quoted is with a disclaimer if you notice. Anyhow, we will be talking to him to change that with the new format. Pl. bear with us for this confusion. Thanks.
And, as 'Vijay had rightly said, the price is $20 & $50 for the special edition packages respectively as noted.[plain and autographed] We are trying to get CD only offer also for $15 and will let you know in a day or two.
YIA!!

multinamatheyan
10th June 2005, 08:49 PM
This is the Disclaimer on DVDonline:

--------------------
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY

Please note that this product is expected to release on Jun 30th in India. It is expected that this product will be available widely in USA by July 15th. Availability and subsequent release of this product is subject to change.

Price of this product is also subject to change. Any changes to the price will be notified prior to processing your transaction.
The price of this product is expected to be lower than the listed Price. If the price lower, your pre-order price will also be lowered.

njv
10th June 2005, 11:02 PM
yesterday i talk to the folks in dvdonline and they said they are not sure whats going on with TIS, specially after the deal moved from Saregama (where dvdonline has closer relationship,so better price) to unknown company. they said there wont be any profit in dealing with "TIS" but he is doing because of personal interest as an IR fan. I placed order with them for the DVD version in his store and he mentioned taht the price would be whatever the price TIS-USA decides.

TISK
11th June 2005, 12:25 AM
As said earlier, 'kbee' is our well-wisher and has no malicious intentions. I have talked to him already and we will bw working together to make sure all those interested to have the CD on the release date are satisfied adequately.
Let us now focus on how to get this across throughout the US and set up a solid structure by 25th of this month to ensure proper distribution.

YIA!!

njv
12th June 2005, 10:53 AM
I was hoping that fellow friends from other states will join here, but it seems no one is interested. Please help TIS-USA in making this project a huge sucess, the success of this project is key to the forth coming projects.

TISK

If this is not the right forum for USA based folks, then please try some other alternate forums. For e.g. we have a yahoo group for NJ tamil people, so there must be some similar groups available.

TISK, I am trying to get my kansas friends who are BIG TIME IR fans, to volunteer. Will confirm in a day or two.

TISK
13th June 2005, 09:46 AM
Thank you, 'njv', for your kind words. I am contacting thru other sources also and am getting very good feedback. as of now, more than 30 major cities in USA have people set for the release on the 30th! That need not stop others from volunteering! The more, the merrier!
Raleigh, Cary, Durrham, Charlotte[NC] Columbia[SC] Orlando[FL], Atlanta[GA], Richmond[VA] Washington D.C., Baltimore[ML], NJ[3], NY[2], Austin, Dallas, and one more city in Tx, Minnesota, sakatoon, SanDiego, Seatle, Omaha[NB], Connnecticut, Cleveland[OH] Phoenix[AZ] are some of the cities people have volunteered so far!
People from other cities or from the above too, please come and join us in this historic journey!
YIA!!

rajasaranam
13th June 2005, 02:21 PM
Thiruvaasagam renamed to 'Thiruvaasagam- a classical crossover'
over a lakh units to be released :)
http://www.dinamani.com/Cinema/CineItems.asp?ID=DNC20050609124136&Title=Cinema+%2D+News&lTitle=%F9Nn%A7Ls

Ravi_odiyur
13th June 2005, 02:41 PM
There was an article (interview with IR) in last week's edition of Ananda Vikatan. The interview was interesting with crisp answers from IR. Can't seem to wait till June 30th!!

crvenky
13th June 2005, 02:48 PM
Chennai Online door delivers TIS with 10% discount!!!!
Source:
http://www.chennaionline.com/music/devotional/2005/06thiruvasagam.asp

NOV
13th June 2005, 08:19 PM
Thiruvasakam by Ilaiyaraaja

Thiruvasagam by Ilaiyaraaja will be released on June 30, 2005 in a grand event to be held at the Music Academy, Chennai.

Thiruvasakam by Ilaiyaraaja is an unique attempt to present select verses from Thiruvasakam in a musical form, synthesising ideas from both the Indian and Western classical traditions. The main objective of this project is to bring masterpieces from India's spiritual traditions, such as the Thiruvasakam, to the attention of the younger generation.

Thiruvasakam was written in 7th century in Tamil by Saint Manickavasakar praising God and is considered one of the greatest spiritual literary works ever written. The core of this sacred text is the message of universal oneness that God is one.

Maestro Ilaiyaraaja leads the high-profile team of artists and engineers, which includes the Budapest Symphony Orchestra conducted by Laszlo Kovacs, Oscar award winning lyricist Stephen Schwartz (of Pocahontas, The Prince of Egypt) and Richard King a five-time Grammy Award-winning sound engineer (including that of the Oscar award winning Crouching Tiger - Hidden dragon)

Please visit the official websites http://www.tis-usa.com/, http://www.tamilmm.com/tis.html.

You can also place your orders either here or here http://dvdunlimitedonline.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=2402

Stephen Scwartz on TbI : "It's unlike anything I've ever heard before, a stunning blend of Indian and
western music and instruments.... I can promise you with confidence
you are in for a major treat when you hear Thiruvasakam in Symphony."

app_engine
13th June 2005, 11:21 PM
NOV, that's a great announcement and I'm 100% sure that TFM-DF had a big role in the whole project! Not necessarily with this specific thread or the contributions of DF'er to this venture in particular, but the whole movement with this site (the undisputed pioneer and probably the leader in TFM related web activity), I believe, is a catalyst for admirers of IR to encourage him for this and similar projects for the future...

Adhukku TFM-DF collar'ai thookki vittukkalAm:-)

TISK
13th June 2005, 11:29 PM
I FULLY ENDORSE 'APP-ENGINE'S COMMENTS AND OUR SINCERE THANKS TO TFM-PAGE FOR THEIR VALUABLE CONTRIBUTION IN THIS MEGA PROJECT.
BTW, 'CHENNAIONLINE' HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH US ORDERS AS FAR AS I KNOW.
YIA!!

Jacky
14th June 2005, 01:06 AM
TISK,
Could you host 3-4 preview tracks (30 secs) on official TIS sites? That'd waft off any apprehension to a common listener or a non-IR devotee.
Honestly, I wanted to listen TIS on Raaga and then buy, but now I've made up my mind and would buy the CD on the day of its release.
I believe these preview clips would be a good sales booster.

TISK
14th June 2005, 02:34 AM
I am awaiting permission from TM/IIR for this. Will do it asap.
I urge everyone not to hear this in your computer or like this for the first time.
PLEASE hear THIS in A very GOOD sound SYSTEM at THE first TIME to FEEL the EFFECT on YOU!!!!
YIA!!

MumbaiRamki
14th June 2005, 03:21 AM
TISK sir ,
I think we better request all raaga ,musicindiaonline not to have the songs online atleast for the first one month ( To be realastic )

This is a major threat - I can write to few of these guys ...

TISK
14th June 2005, 06:34 AM
Dear MR,
Pl. do! That will be a great help. We have also done it but if more people request, it will make an impact. Let others also do the same.
Thanks.
YIA!!

TISK
17th June 2005, 09:56 AM
[tscii:2dd629fff4]Dear friends,
Our penance has ended and I am pleased to share with you all that the much-awaited album of our generation, THIRUVASAKAM BY ILAIYARAAJA is scheduled to release on the 30th of June worldwide. I take this opportunity to request you to do whatever possible to make this a historic event.
First of all, I want you to purchase an album for your personal use and buy a few more as a gift item for the rest of the year.
Secondly, inform your friends and family and encourage them to buy for themselves.
Share this information to your favorite internet groups you are involved with.
If you want to play a more active role, please come forward to be a voluntary distributor in your city or state and help us to sell this. You may contact the local Tamil sangam, grocery stores and temples and give them your contact name and address for them to contact for their requirements. If interested, feel free to contact me as soon as possible, as we have only a few days to set this all up.
Write to the ‘regularly down-loading sites’ like raga.com, google etc and request them not to post this album for at least a month, if possible. We have written to them but if more people write then, it will have a better impact, we believe.
As a lover of music, Tamil and our Maestro, I hope that you will do these to make this album a grand success.
Please visit our website www.tis-usa.com by Saturday [18th June] for information as to how you may place your online orders and other related information.
Thanking you and expecting your favorable reply,
Anbudan,
Sankarkumar
919-413-3913
919-460-9430

yellaam iRaivan aruL
[/tscii:2dd629fff4]

raja_fan
17th June 2005, 11:40 AM
Just curious to know..

TIS was made with the donations from IR fans and well wishers..
Who financed the symphony of IR for RPH ?
I wonder if that had also been done like TIS from public money, IR would have got some commitment to release it..

p
17th June 2005, 12:03 PM
sujatha reviews TIS ( TIO). - very nice one. :D
http://www.vikatan.com/av/2005/jun/26062005/av0803.asp

After listening to TIS please send ur wishes to IR at ijaja2005@yahoo.co.in

TISK
17th June 2005, 07:48 PM
Does anyone have Mr. Sujatha's mail id? Urgent please.
YIA!!

vijayr
17th June 2005, 07:56 PM
TISK, have you confirmed whether it is OK to order from dvdunlimitedonline.com? I had placed an order here
http://dvdunlimitedonline.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=2402&osCsid=7e9376da2b37ae7221bf6ae04e475a13

Jacky
17th June 2005, 08:33 PM
TISK,
Check your PM.

MumbaiRamki
18th June 2005, 12:31 AM
Raja_fan
It was not done for public money .RPO invited raaja for a symphony .It was not released for reasons not known to public .There is a lot of differences between teh first and the second one .The second symphony ( though technically in correct ) is a dhavam for raaja and in my personal opinion is multi-dimensional .Second symphony (TIS) is very special for many reasons ,which have been discussed in this forum .

To my knowledge ,an audio company cheated raaja on this- This may or may not be true !I got this reply from one of musicians who work with raaja !

TISK
18th June 2005, 09:08 AM
Vijayr,
It is ok if you have placed an order thru dvdonline already. But i request all of you to go thru www.tis-usa.com website to a 'paypal a/c' to order your Cd's from now on.
This site will be up and running by tomorrow noon for sure. It will help us to co-ordinate the distribution without a hitch.

YIA!!

TISK
19th June 2005, 02:15 AM
"PAYPALA/C" FOR TbI IS READY TO TAKE YOUR ORDERS AT www.tis-usa.com SITE!!![US&CANADA ONLY]

ALL THOSE WHO HAVE ALREADY PRE-REGISTERED, PLEASE GO TO THIS SITE AND COMPLETE YOUR ORDERS!!

NEW REGISTRANTS, PLEASE VISIT AND ENSURE YOUR CD/PREMIUM PACKAGE/AUTOGRAPHED CD"S NOW!!!

LET'S MAKE HISTORY!!!

THANK YOU!!

YIA!!

baroque
19th June 2005, 05:16 AM
Shankar, How do i order the autographed CD ($50)? Good day! Vinu.

TISK
19th June 2005, 09:19 AM
It will be added to the 'shopping cart' once we definitely confirm the despatch of the same in a day or two. I will post it here also. Thanks.
YIA!!

raja_fan
21st June 2005, 02:04 PM
In AV, Sujatha has advised to listen TIS with a good sorround audio system.

Can anyone pls suggest me a good audio system with fairly good sound effect, with CD players, mp3, cassete player etc..? or any combination like DVD player + amplifier, speakers etc..?
My budget is within Rs.10K.

TISK
22nd June 2005, 02:06 AM
Watch for TbI happening in Delhi with the PM and IIR.
Visit www.tis-usa.com site in another 1 hr!!

pl. order your copy now!
YIA!!

njv
22nd June 2005, 08:06 PM
TISK

Do you have any flyers that you can fax/email? I will make copies (if you send soft copy, I can make Color xerox also) and keep them in stores and temples across NJ.

Thanks
NJV

TISK
22nd June 2005, 10:51 PM
I will be getting it by today -e-fliers!
We will be posting them in www.tis-usa.com asap. and will inform here too.
My hats off to tfm page for its continued support!
YIA!!

Pl. visit our site to reserve your copy now!
Please listen the CD with a good sound system at the first time at least.
Please buy original copies only.
Please write to the sites who usually post the music to hold for at least 3 months!
You have made thius happen and now, make this really Happen!!
Thanks.
YIA!!

MumbaiRamki
23rd June 2005, 12:38 AM
TISK sir ,
will i get the CDs at IOWA by July 6-8 th ? I have an issue of returning to india by July 12 th .Please advice .else,i will get it in india itself

I will definetely write to all those friends who maintain mp3 websites .But we have to write just a week before the release to be effective .

vjrag_ind
23rd June 2005, 07:17 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/Events/7635.html

the music brain power in these pictures is totally overpowering

vijayr
23rd June 2005, 07:43 PM
Looks like everyone turned up!

vijayr
23rd June 2005, 07:46 PM
Lot of pictures worth storing somewhere.

Music4Ever
23rd June 2005, 07:54 PM
Except Harris?

rprakash
23rd June 2005, 07:57 PM
what is this function?I thought it was being released only on 30th?

vijayr
23rd June 2005, 07:58 PM
TISK, was this the release function or some sort of felicitation for IR?

vijayr
23rd June 2005, 08:00 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/thiruvasagam230605/44285.html

All MDs. Is that SA Rajkumar, second from right? What is he doing there? ;-)

12bums
23rd June 2005, 08:03 PM
VijayR, SA Rajkumar and Dhina ellam, Tamil cinemavin isai pokkisham. Theriyaatha ungalukku?!! :D

njv
23rd June 2005, 09:06 PM
Lot of people are missing (particularly Deva, HJ). Doesnt mean anything. They may really be busy with their schedule. HJ I believe is in different country with Gautam scoring music for VV.

What would be interesting is to see the release function on Jun 30th. Lets see who is gonna be there and who is gonna miss.

Its nice to see MSV-IR-ARR picture. I hope IR attend ARR's symphony release as well (when its released)

Kupps
23rd June 2005, 10:18 PM
Is that SA Rajkumar, second from right? What is he doing there?

VijayR,

I guess SAR would have misunderstood the fact "Chorus and background are in Tis" as "chorus in background".

BGM and chorus appadeenAle angE SAR thaan piLLayaar :wink:

buggle
23rd June 2005, 10:59 PM
kupps,

i really laughed aloud on seeing your statement

"BGM and chorus appadeenAle angE SAR thaan piLLayaar "

rajdes
23rd June 2005, 11:12 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/thiruvasagam230605/44330.html
Looks like SAR is giving a speech as well :-)

multinamatheyan
23rd June 2005, 11:24 PM
HJ is in there - He is in several pictures 21, 46, 75 etc.

Deva is missing though.

Many directors are there, but some noted Raja loyalists are missing - Balu Mahendra, Kamal etc. :wink:

Wasn't surprised NOT to see Vairamuthu in the crowd.

The striking thing for me was how Raja and ARR seemed deep in conversation throughout the function - while their respective fans are at each other's throat here at TFMpage:-) :P

Oh what I would have given to be fly on the wall listening into that long conversation
:cry:

app_engine
23rd June 2005, 11:28 PM
Nice pictures...Rajavum Rahmanum enna pEsikkoNdiruppArkaL?

...nice to see Sujatha & Madhan...
...why no actors? Only directors (including Revathy)?...

app_engine
23rd June 2005, 11:29 PM
MSV-TKR-IR-ARR-VS-YSR-BW-SAR-KR-GA....yArO DF'er invitation list prepare paNNina mAdhiri irukku:-)

Idiappam
23rd June 2005, 11:43 PM
Now, where is the Thiruvasagam in Symphony?

app_engine
23rd June 2005, 11:52 PM
multi - I don't see HJ in the pictures that you've listed...

Digression

"The striking thing for me was how Raja and ARR seemed deep in conversation throughout the function - while their respective fans are at each other's throat here at TFMpage:-)".....

adhu andhakkAlam...ippO latest is ARR fans at HJ fans' throat...just visit anniyan thread...

End-digression

Idiappam, going by the pictures (with the Catholic priest and the music glitterati and other TF veterans), this looks like a pre-release function (movie preview mAdhiri) of TIO...

app_engine
24th June 2005, 12:32 AM
http://www.hindu.com/lf/2005/06/22/stories/2005062215990200.htm
http://www.chennaionline.com/colnews/newsitem.asp?NEWSID=%7BA768C50B-90A3-429D-A298-ED17F043CA31%7D&CATEGORYNAME=Tamil+Nadu

Looks like some publicity is being created with the school student community in TN...

MumbaiRamki
24th June 2005, 12:36 AM
Did any website present what these celebrities talke din teh fucntion ? Sadly ,i cld'nt see any article on that !

njv
24th June 2005, 12:38 AM
WOW The heat is On

Arjuna
24th June 2005, 01:19 AM
Guys - Check out this :) - My GOD (ARR) and your GOD (IR) together :)..

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/Events/7635.html

vijayr
24th June 2005, 01:40 AM
Latest in Hindu about this
http://www.hindu.com/fr/2005/06/24/stories/2005062400480400.htm

multinamatheyan
24th June 2005, 01:52 AM
app-engine,

mea culpa. That was Bhradwaj I was looking at. Sorry. :oops:

Arjuna,

They were last seen together as recently as Yuvan's wedding.

Ramki,

I could not find any articles either. Hope TISK can shed some light on this. :?

multinamatheyan
24th June 2005, 02:01 AM
-Raja soon strikes a poignant note. "My only request is listeners should not download `Thiruvachagam' from the net or go in for MP3 and the like. If they feel that my music has given them at least a little pleasure, they should buy authentic audios. I say this because `Thiruvachagam' has to find a market, if such ventures are to continue."

Amen

TISK
24th June 2005, 03:21 AM
This is the message I got just now!
Great!

Subject: Re: ????
To: "Sankar Kumar" <ommuruga41@yahoo.com>

It was a sudden function organised by Barathiraaja, bringing together basically all the music directors of Film Industry.
I did not attend it as I was too busy trying to get things sorted out for design, despatch etc.
Father will write to you
xxxxx

vijayr
24th June 2005, 04:36 AM
That's partly surprising news. I just spotted KS Ravikumar in one of the photos.

njv
24th June 2005, 05:47 AM
Here you go guys...

http://www.dvdunlimitedonline.com/shop/images/tcd_thiruvasakam.jpg

Vysar
24th June 2005, 04:36 PM
Coming together! Don't you not think is a healthy Trend!

Great Work Maestro!

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/events/7635.html

TISK
24th June 2005, 09:18 PM
Read this week's vikatan.com to hear the accolades from RAJNI!!

YIA!

multinamatheyan
24th June 2005, 10:20 PM
TSIK,

summa vayithericalai kilapaatheenga. Vikatan is a pay site now and I'm a poor man these days. :(

I'm still waiting for Nagas to translate Sujatha's article

rprakash
24th June 2005, 10:54 PM
[tscii:41d3b54d0a]ÔÔCQñ£M™ àƒèÀ‚°‹ Þ¬÷òó£ü£¾‚°‹ Ý¡Iè‹Â Þ¡ªù£¼ ðKñ£í‹ Þ¼‚°. Þ¼õ¼‹ àƒèÀ‚°œ ܶðŸPŠ ðA˜‰¶‚°iƒè÷£?ÕÕ

‘‘ó£ü£ ꣬ó  ÊHìø«î ‘ê£I’¡Â. Þ«î£, ÞŠ«ð£ ªðƒèÙ˜ A÷‹H õ˜ø¶‚° º¡ù£® ó£ü£¬õŠ 𣘂è Üõ˜ i†´‚°Š «ð£J¼‰«î¡. F¼õ£êèˆ¬îŠ «ð£ŸPŠ ð£® å¼ IÎR‚ Ý™ð‹ ð‡E º®„C¼‚è£K™¬ôò£... ܉î IÎR‚ «è†«ì¡! ÜŠH®«ò ñù² Iî‚°¶. ܶ ²‹ñ£ å¼ «õ¬ô G¬ù„²Š ð‡EJ¼‰î£ õ‰F¼‚裶. ܶô Hóñ£îñ£ù põ¡ Þ¼‚°... å¼ îðv ñ£FK Ü¬î ªê…C¼‚裼 ó£ü£!

ܶ‚è£ù Mö£¾‚°  õóµ‹Â ÊH†´ Þ¼‰î£ƒè. Ýù£, Mö£ «ïóˆ¶ô  áK™ Þ¼‚è ñ£†«ì¡. Ü,Üõ˜ i†´‚° ê‰F‚èŠ «ð£J¼‰«î¡. âù‚°‹ ó£ü£¾‚°‹ å¼ ªï¼‚è‹ à‡´. Üõ˜î£¡ óñí KSJ¡ «ð£†«ì£, ¹ˆîèªñ™ô£‹ âù‚° ºî™ô î‰îõ˜. ܶ‚°Š H¡ù£®î£¡  F¼õ‡í£ñ¬ô «ð£è Ýó‹H„êªî™ô£‹! CQñ£¬õˆ ® âƒèÀ‚°œ÷ Ýöñ£ù  âŠð¾«ñ Þ¼‚°!’’

[/tscii:41d3b54d0a]

rprakash
24th June 2005, 10:56 PM
[tscii:c06fc9d9d7]ðˆî£‹ ËŸø£‡´ˆ îI›... Þ¼ðˆ«î£ó£‹ ËŸø£‡´ Þ¬ê!

ªê¡¬ù, 舫î£L‚è F¼„ê¬ðJ¡ îI› ¬ñòˆF¡ ïiù 꾇† v´®«ò£M™, ²ŸP½‹ Þîñ£ù åLŠH¡ù™èœ Åö, Þ¬êë£Q Þ¬÷òó£ü£M¡ F¼õ£êè‹ Ýó†«ì£K«ò£ ð°F¬ò‚ «è†´ ñA›‰«î¡. àì«ù, Üõ¼‚° «ð£¡ ªêŒ¶ ð£ó£†®«ù¡. ÔÔi†´‚° õ£ƒè, ê£õè£êñ£ «ðêô£‹!ÕÕ â¡ø£˜. ªê¡«ø¡.

ºîL™, F¼õ£êè‹ C‹ªð£Q ÜÂðõ‹. Þ¬î C‹ªð£Q â¡Á ܬöŠð¶ êKJ™¬ô â¡Aø£˜. Ýó†«ì£K«ò£â¡Aø õ¬èJ™  «ê¼‹. Ýó†«ì£K«ò£ â¡ð¶ musical work for orchestra and voices on a sacred theme. õ£ˆFòƒèÀ‚°‹ °ó™èÀ‚°‹ Ý‚èŠ ð†ì ¹Qîñ£ù 輈 ¶œ÷ Þ¬êŠ ð¬ìŠ¹.

ÔÔC‹ªð£Q â¡ð¶ °¬ø‰îð†ê‹ ° ܬê¾èœ ªè£‡ì Mvî£óñ£ù ެꂫè£ô‹. C‹ªð£Q ݘªèv†ó£¾ì¡ õ£Cˆî ñ†´‹ Þ¬î C‹ªð£Q â¡Á ªê£™ô º®ò£¶. Ã죶ÕÕ â¡ø£˜. Þ¼‰¶‹, C‹ªð£Q â¡ø ðî‹ G¬ôˆ¶M†ì¶. ªî¡ù£´¬ìò Cõ¡ â¡ù£†´‚°‹ Þ¬øõ¡ MFˆî¶ ܶ.

ñ£E‚èõ£êèK¡ îI› Þ¬÷òó£ü£M¡ ðK¾ I‚è °óL™, ºîL™ åL‚Aø¶.

ÔÌõ£˜ ªê¡Q ñ¡ù¡ â¡
¹òƒèŠ ªð¼ñ£¡ CP«ò£¬ñ

æõ£¶ àœ÷‹ èô‰¶
àí˜õ£Œ ༂°‹
ªõœ÷‚輬íJù£™...Õ

Þšõ£Á ¶õƒ°Aø£˜. (¹òƒè‹ â¡ø£™, 𣋹 Ü™ô¶ å¼õ¬è‚ ȶ) àì¡, ýƒ«èK ¹ì£ªðv†®¡ ð£ó‹ðKòI‚è H™ý£˜ñ£Q‚ °¿M¡ (ªïPò£÷˜ & ô£ú«ô£ «è£õ£‚v) ËŸÁ‚èí‚è£ù õòL¡èÀ‹, «ñŸèˆFò õ£ˆFòƒèÀ‹ è‹dóñ£è„ «ê˜‰¶ªè£œ÷, v¯çð¡ wõ£˜ìv (Üè£ìI Üõ£˜† õ£ƒAòõ˜) Ü÷õ£è,

I’m just a man
Imperfect lowly
How can I reach for
Somthing holy

â¡Á ݃Aô õKè÷£è ªñ£N ªðò˜‚è, æ˜ ÜªñK‚è˜ Ü¬îŠ ð£ì, GÎò£˜‚A™ ðF¾ ªêŒî °ó™èÀ‹ ªê¡¬ù‚ °ó™èÀì¡ «ê˜‰¶ªè£œ÷, å¼ ðóõê G¬ôJ™ ðˆî£‹ ËŸø£‡´ˆ îI¿‹ Þ¼ðˆ«î£ó£‹ ËŸø£‡´ Þ¬êJ¡ Þ àôè÷¾ MKò, ªñŒ CL˜‚Aø¶. ªê£˜‚舶‚° Ü®òõ«ó£´ â¿‹ î¼íˆF™, ñ£E‚èõ£êè˜ ÞòŸPò ò£ˆF¬óŠ ðˆFL¼‰¶ â´ˆî Þ‰îˆ ¶õ‚è‹ ßê¡ ªêòô£è Gè›‰î¶ â¡Aø£˜ Þ¬÷òó£ü£. Þî¡H¡, ºî™ ðFèñ£ù Cõ¹ó£íˆF¡ ê‹Hóî£òñ£ù ‘ïñCõ£ò õ£›è’M™ Ýó‹H‚è£ñ™,

Ôªð£™ô£ M¬ù«ò¡ ¹è¿ñ£Á å¡øP«ò¡
¹™ô£AŠ Ì죌 ¹¿õ£Œ ñóñ£A
ð™M¼èñ£A ðø¬õò£Œ ð£‹ð£A
è™ô£Œ ñQîó£Œ «ðò£Œ èíƒè÷£A
õ™ô²óó£A ºQõó£Œ «îõó£Œ
ªê™ô£ G¡ø Þˆî£õó êƒèñˆ¶œ...Õ

â¡Á ðKí£ñ õˆ¬î, ãø‚°¬øò 죘M‚è¼A™ ªè£‡´ õ‰¶M†ì õKè¬÷ â´ˆ¶‚ªè£œAø£˜. (So many forms I must wear. So many lives I must bear.)

‘¹ŸP™ õ£ö Üó¾‹ Ü…«ê¡
ªð£Œò˜î‹ ªñŒ»‹ Ü…«ê¡
èŸPô£îõ¬ó‚ è‡ì£™ Ü‹ñ 
Ü…²ñ£«ø’

â¡Á Ü„êŠðFèˆFL¼‰¶‹, Üî¡H¡ Ü„«ê£Šðˆ¶ F¼‚«è£ˆ¶‹H â¡Á F¼õ£êèˆF¡ º‚Aòñ£ù õKè¬÷ â´ˆ¶‚ ªè£‡´ Þ¬êò¬ñˆ¶, º¿ ˬô»‹ óCˆî ÜÂðõˆ¬î Þ¼ð¶ GIûˆF™ ãŸð´ˆ¶Aø£˜. ÜšõŠ«ð£¶ Ýó†«ì£K«ò£ v¬ì½‚° ãŸð, «ôê£ù ݃Aô õKèœ ªñ£Nªðò˜ŠH™ àÁˆî£ñ™ ܪñK‚è˜ ð£´‹«ð£¶ Gè¿‹ ÜÂðõˆF™, êƒWî‹ è£ô «îê‹ ªñ£N â™ô£‹ èì‰î¶ â¡ð¶ GÏðíñ£Aø¶.

Þ¬êë£Q F¼õ£ê舶‚° Güñ£è«õ à¼A»œ÷£˜. «ñŸèˆFò åˆF¬ê¬õ»‹ (ý£˜ñQ) Aö‚èˆFò ªñ†¬ì»‹ (ªñô®) êñùŠð´ˆ¶‹«ð£¶, â‰î ÞìˆF½‹ Üõ˜ ï‹ Ýî£ó ó£è ܬñŠ¬ðˆ ¶ø‚è£ñ™, Üõ˜èœ ð£E‚è£è êñóê‹ ªêŒ ò£ñ™, ï‹ ó£èƒèO«ô«ò «ñŸèˆFò C‹ªð£Q ܬñŠ¬ð‚ è„Cîñ£èŠ ªð£¼ˆFJ¼‚Aø£˜. M¬÷¾, å¼ IèŠ ¹Fò êƒWî£Âðõ‹!

õ¼Aø ü¨¡ 30&‹ «îF, ªê¡¬ù IÎR‚ Üè£ìIJ™, Þî¡ «èªê†´‹ C.®\»‹ ªõOJìŠ «ð£Aø£˜èœ. ♫ô£¼‹ àŸê£èˆ¶ì¡, îI› ªîK‰îõ˜èœ Ã´î™ àŸê£èˆ¶ì¡ Þ¬î õ£ƒA‚ «è†èô£‹. CQñ£ Þ¬ê¬ò»‹, å«ó ñ£FKò£ù °ˆ¶Š ð£ì™è¬÷»«ñ «è†ì½ˆî ªêMèÀ‚° I辋 ñ£Áð†ì æ˜ ÜÂðõ‹ 裈F¼‚Aø¶.

ÔÔܬî  °¬ø ªê£™ô ñ£†«ì¡. G¬ùˆî£™ â¡ù£™ 𣊠ެê¬ò å¼ ¬èªê£ì‚A™ ªè£‡´õó º®»‹. Ü‰î„ êƒWî‹ óê¬ù‚° ãŸð ÞøƒA õ¼õ¶. Þ‰î„ êƒWî‹ ð®«òŸø‹. ¹ì£ªðv†®™, Üõ˜èœ  â¿Fò¬î åˆF¬èò£è ºîL™ õ£Cˆî«ð£¶, îñ‚°œ CKˆ¶‚ ªè£‡ì£˜èœ.  GÁˆFM†´, ªñ£Nªðò˜Šð£÷¬ó‚ ÊH†´, Üõ˜èOì‹ «ðC«ù¡. ‘cƒèœ H¡ùE õ£C‚芫𣰋 Þ‰îŠ ð£ì™, ðˆî£‹ ËŸø£‡®™ õ£›‰î å¼ î¬ôCø‰î ñ¡ù¡ èMë¬ìò¶. Þ¬øõQì‹, Hø‰î½ˆî æ˜ Ýˆñ£M¡ õ£Âôè Þ„¬êè¬÷»‹ ªîKM‚°‹ à¡ùîñ£ù ð£ì™èœ’ â¡«ø¡.

ñÁð® 𣮂 裆®«ù¡. Üõ˜èœ ÞŠ«ð£¶ è‡èœ MK‰¶, ð£ìL¡ ݈ñ£¬õŠ H®ˆ¶, CøŠð£è õ£C‚èˆ ¶õƒAù£˜èœ. 꾇† Þ¡Tmò˜ K„ꘆ Aƒ, ‘Þ‹ñ£FK â™ô£ ܬñŠð£÷˜èÀ‹ 𣮂 裆®ù£™, CøŠ¹ ô‹Õ â¡ø£˜.

ºî™ Í¡Á GIûˆ¶‚è£ù ެꂰ v«è£˜ â¿ð¶ ð‚è‹ â¿FJ¼‰«î¡. å«ó ï£O™ 26 ð‚è‹ â¿Fò¬îŠ 𣘈¶, A¡ùv ê£î¬ùò£è Mò‰î£˜èœ’’ â¡ø£˜ Þ¬÷òó£ü£.

ÔÔÞè™ô£‹ è£óí‹ ò£˜?ÕÕ â¡«ø¡.

ÔÔßê¡î£¡. Þ¬÷òó£ü£ å¼ è¼M. 舫î£L‚è ï‡ð˜èœ ¬ñòˆ¬î»‹, ð£¬û ªîKò£î H™ý£˜ñ£Q‚ °¿¬õ»‹, GÎò£˜‚ °ó™è¬÷»‹, ñ£E‚èõ£êè˜ â¡Â‹«ñ¬î¬ò»‹ 弃A¬íˆî¶ ßê¡î£¡. è쾜 Þ¼‚Aø£˜ â¡ð Þ‰î G蛫õ ܈C!’’ â¡ø£˜. ñŸªø£¼ pQò¬ú„ ªê£™ô£ñ™ M†´ M†ì£˜.

ó£ü£M¡ F¼õ£ê般î óC‚è,  Cð£K² ªêŒ»‹ õNèœ Þ¬õ.

1. C.®.«ò£, «ìŠ«ð£... ºîL™ 裲 ªè£´ˆ¶ õ£ƒ°ƒèœ.

2. ޡ옪™ ÜŠð£b˜èœ. HóF â´‚è£b˜èœ. å¼ Üð£óñ£ù è¬ôë‚° ªêŒò‚îò °¬ø‰îð†ê ñKò£¬î Þ¶. «ñ½‹, â‹.H.3&J™ «è†è£b˜èœ. ÜF™ Gè¿‹ è‹Šªóû¡ Þî¡ à‡¬ñò£ù ªêM‚AQ¬ñ¬ò‚ °¬øˆ¶M´‹.

3. «ð£v «ð£¡ø å¼ ï™ô CvìˆF™, ê˜ó¾‡† 꾇®™ «èÀƒèœ. è£K«ô£, ªê™«ð£¡ «ðC‚ªè£‡«ì£ «è†è£b˜èœ. ñŸø «ð¬ó ªî£‰îó¾ ªêŒò£ñL¼‚è M¼‹Hù£™, ÝŠHœ ä«ð£´ ꣘‰î Cô Üð£óñ£ù ªý†«ð£¡èO½‹ «è†èô£‹. 4. îQ¬ñJ™, ÞóM™ Ü™ô¶ ÜF裬ôJ™ «èÀƒèœ. Þó‡´ ï£œ M†´ ñÁð® «èÀƒèœ. , ¬ñòˆF™ îQò£è Þ¼O™ à†è£˜‰¶ªè£‡´, 꾇† ŠÏçŠ v´®«ò£M¡ GêŠîˆF™ «è†«ì¡.

5. ªó£‹ð ÜôøMì£b˜èœ. C‹ªð£QJ™ àœ÷ ãŸø Þø‚èƒè¬÷ ñ¿ŠHM´‹.

6. ªè£…ê‹ êƒWî‹ ªîK‰î£™ ï™ô¶. ó£è‹ ªîKò «õ‡´‹ â¡ð¶ ÜõCòI™¬ô. ܉î‰î ó£èƒèœ  ͬì (mood) Þò™ð£è àƒèœ àœ÷ˆF™ ÜÂñF»ƒèœ.

7. «è†´ º®ˆî¶‹ ð£ó£†®, Þ¬êë£Q‚° å¼ ªñJ™ ÜŠ¹ƒèœ. ijaja2005@yahoo.co.in

8. àƒèœ ï‡ð˜ è¬÷ õ£ƒè„ ªê£™½ƒèœ. Þ‹ñ£FKò£ù ºòŸCèÀ‚° Ýîó¾ î‰î£™î£¡, Þ‰îŠ ¹Fò êƒWî‹ «ñ¡«ñ½‹ ï‹ Þô‚AòƒèÀ‚°‹ àô°‚°‹ Þ¬êŠð£ô‹ ܬñ‚°‹.

ó£ü£ Ü´ˆ¶„ ªêŒò M¼‹¹‹ è£Kòƒèœ ⡪ù¡ù â¡ð¬îŠ ðŸP‚ ªè£…ê‹ «ðC«ù£‹. Fšò Hóð‰îˆ¬î»‹ ªêŒò M¼‹¹Aø£˜. ܶ«ð£™, CôŠðFè£óˆF¡ Cô Üð£óñ£ù õKè¬÷ IÎR‚ õ®õˆF™ ²ôðñ£è„ ªêŒòº®»‹ â¡Aø£˜. ó£ñ£òí‹ Ü™ô¶ ñè£ð£óîˆFL¼‰¶ Cô ð°Fè¬÷ â´ˆ¶‚ªè£‡´ Þ¬êñ£¬ô ņìô£‹ â¡Aø£˜.

«î¬õ GF. ®.M.âv., ê¡ñ£˜ «ð£¡ø GÁõùƒèÀ‹, õƒAèÀ‹, M÷‹ð󈶂° ãó£÷ñ£è„ ªêôõN‚°‹ 苪ðQèÀ‹, îƒè, ¬õó Mò£ð£K èÀ‹, ¹ì¬õ‚ è¬ì‚è£ó˜èÀ‹ ެ퉶 GF 嶂Aù£™ ꣈Fòñ£°‹. â¡Qì‹å¼ «è£® Ï𣌠ޙ¬ô. Þ¼‰î£™, àì«ù ªê‚ â¿Fˆ î‰F¼Š«ð¡. ܈î¬èò ÜÂðõˆ¬î Üõ˜ ãŸð´ˆFù£˜. ï¡P ó£ü£ ú£˜!

[/tscii:c06fc9d9d7]

njv
24th June 2005, 10:57 PM
multinamatheyan

Rajni mentioned that he was asked to attend TIS release function, but since he already had travel plans, he could not go. So he went to IR's house and appreciated what IR is doing and wished him success.

In addition to this, he also mentioned that the "bond" between Rajni and IR is beyond movies and friendship in a different level.

I am waiting for the other good news to be confirmed (IR for next Rajni movie)

rprakash
24th June 2005, 10:57 PM
to read both sujatha's article and rajini's quote, cut and paste in word and if you have vikatan as font you will be able to read it in tamil-it works for me-hope it works for you as well!

rajasaranam
25th June 2005, 04:18 AM
Stephen schwartz :arrow:
http://www.musicalschwartz.com/more.htm

Question for Stephen Schwartz: Translating from any language to any language is difficult, particularly when the original has deep meaning. It is even daunting when the source language is rich such that there may be 30~40 words to describe one thing. What is your experience in translating Thiruvasakam for TIS ?

Answer from Stephen Schwartz: Because I do not know any Tamil, I didn't attempt to "translate" the Thiruvasakam. I used Dr. Raaja's interpretation of the specific portions of Hymn I that he wanted to set, and then, as he requested of me, I wrote my own modern English version of the ideas and feelings expressed. So the relatively small amounts of English used are interpretations of the original, rather than translations per se. Nevertheless, I think you will enjoy the piece when you hear it; I was extremely impressed, as I have said, by what I have heard of the entire project.
(As posted on stephenschwartz.com forum)

multinamatheyan
25th June 2005, 04:40 AM
Thanbks for the articles. I really enjoyed Sujatha's. Rajni's is the usuall vazha vazha. NOM

Arjuna
25th June 2005, 12:24 PM
Chennai, June 24: No praise can be too high for maestro Ilayaraja's contribution as a music director. None can be higher in lavishing praise on him than the President of India. Or the Prime Minister. In this case, Isaignani Ilayaraja has had the rare, good fortune of both President Abdul Kalam anbd Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, giving him an audience in the space of a few hours, listening to some portions of his forthcoming album 'Thiruvasagam by Ilayaraja - Classical Crossover' and spending some time with the maestro at separate sessions in New Delhi recently.

Ilayaraja, who has composed the music and also sung the verses from Manickavasagar's Thiruvasagam, was accompanied by Tamil Maiyam's Dr Jegath Gaspar Raj, Fr Vincent Chinnadurai, and Akila Srinivasan of Sriram Investments, which is one of the several organisations which have helped Tamil Maiyam produce the album at an estimated cost of nearly Rs one crore.

The Prime Minister is said to have congratulated Ilayaraja on his effort and remarked that the culture of the country was precious. Thiruvasagam is one of India's treasures both in terms of spirituality and literary values. He was glad to note that Ilayaraja and Tamil Maiyam had helped take the significance and relevance of Thiruvasagam overseas.

The President is said to have spent over 30 minutes in conversation with Ilayaraja, after listening to some portions of the album which will be released in Chennai on June 30, 2005. Dr Abdul Kalam was said to have lavished praise on the maestro and described listening to the album as a great spiritual experience by itself. He described Thiruvasagam as a monumental, spiritual work, and hailed the efforts of the maestro and Tamil Maiyam in taking it to the youth and abroad, in a format which would reach out to Western audiences as well.

Chennaionline.com has offered exclusive, 10 per cent discount on booking of orders of the album's CDs, cassettes and DVDs till June 29, 2005. (R Rangaraj)

njv
25th June 2005, 05:47 PM
Arjuna

Thanks a lot for the article. Where was it btw?

TISK
25th June 2005, 07:52 PM
Pl. be aware that Chennaionline offer is only for INDIA and people in USA and canada are requested to go thru www.tis-usa.com to place their orders for prompt delivery.
I just now got a mail from Fr. that the first consignment has already been shipped and is on its way to be despatched to various regional outlets by us so as to to be shipped to the fans by the 30th June!
reserve your treasure copy now!
Once again, I want to rexpress my sincere thanks to all the supporters here in this forum and all over USA for making history, for this is the first ever successful effort of a major project, entirely funded, promoted and distributed by common folks like you and I which has been the motive behind this noble venture from the beginning by TiS-USA Team!
Thank you, thank you, for making it happen!
YIA!!

p.s. I will write a few key instructions to make your listening a completely enthralling experience ever by today!!

Arjuna
26th June 2005, 12:43 AM
njv - ur welcome :) - it was from www.chennaionline.com

isaiosai
26th June 2005, 03:17 AM
Dear DFers,

You can download the TbI poster and banners from the following URL. Please use them to spread the word about TbI from your side:

http://f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/isaiosai

Mikka nandri for all your help and support.

rajeshrs_tvm
26th June 2005, 07:26 AM
friends..
probably this might be an old info to you.
Amritha TV telecasts a program based on IR, every thursday at 8:30 pm and repeat on Saturday morning, already aired 4 episodes.
I have never seen any personal interviews with IR in any of our tamil channels. Seeing and hearing IR talk itself is enough to watch the progm.

isaiosai
26th June 2005, 08:50 AM

rooky
27th June 2005, 09:05 AM
I live in Bangalore. I was thinking that the audio would be available in the shops just like other audios. Just wanted a confirmation on this.
Thanks.

alwarpet_andavan
27th June 2005, 05:04 PM
http://soonapaana.blogspot.com/2005/06/20-minutes-of-electric-shock.html

20 minutes of electric shock!

No matter which language you choose, sometimes words aren't enough to describe what you feel. I experienced that feeling this evening when i was put through 20 minutes of blissful shock!
I bought a CD of Ilaiyaraaja Live in Italy CD before i went for the Ilaiyaraaja Fan club meet at the Santhom Communications Center at Luz Church road. I booked my pre-release order of 8 audio CD's and a Collector's Edition. Pandiarajan, CEO of Ma Foi Consultancy came first, followed by two people from Chennai online. There were three other press persons also, to cover the event. Dr.Vijay had even made a banner of our club with a portrait of the Maestro.
Then came Rev Father Jegath who gave a very clear and information-filled speech.
He was tired and at the same time releived that the perseverence of the TBI team had paid off but gently reminded us that more work had to be done on our part to promote the album. He even said that IR was not very easy to work with, as is the case with any genius. He didn't mean to put down IR's character, but rather, on the contrary, eccentricity and unpredictabilty exists where genius exists. The Maestro's mind is constantly chruning out tunes, from an ocean of swaras and his plane of existence is so different from ours that it is best if we remain just as his fans. He should know, as he has seen the Maestro churn out notes on his pad at an astonishing speed, the notes flowing into his head like a gush of a waterfall. Imagine writing notes for 36 instruments entirely in his head and not by having them played when he is composing.
He gave the sweet shock of the day when he announced that he was going to treat us with a sample of Thiruvasagam By Ilaiyaraaja in his modern studio. The buzz started amonst us from the moment.

We switched off our mobiles, removed our footwear and stepped into the studio whose lights were soon turned off. Father told us that he would be playing the master-piece from the album, the 18-odd minute Oratorio.
20 minutes passed. None of us knew what hit us. I'm not going to waste too many words describing the music or the experience. It will suffice to say that we were hit by 440 volts of electric shock. I heard the guy in front of me sobbing, literally. I held myself together even as i felt myself melting to Raaja's voice and the unbelievable mix of counterpoint (English lyrics), the western and the Indian harmony. No one has ever heard such a composition before.

One remark by a person said it all:

" I don't believe in God, as i'm an atheist, but i just had a spiritual experience. That's enough for me for a lifetime"

Father explained that one objective which evolved out of the excercise was to change the culture of music in our land. Remixes, kuthu songs all sounding alike, and noise masqerading as music - these should not be our identity as a cultural entity. If TBI were to reach the people, it would lead to a spiral of cultural recovery, as far as our music and arts are concerned. How true!

One word on Ilaiyaraaja and other music directors. They were all invited to the same studio for a sample hearing of the TBI, in IR's presence. Everyone was there - M.S.V, A.R Rahman, Vidhyasagar, Dhina, S.A Rajkumar (!?!). I can very well guess what their reaction would have been. ARR said "This is extraordinary, he is a national treasure".
IR first and daylight second

Get the album on June 30th, i can't wait.......

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
27th June 2005, 05:20 PM
I live in Bangalore. I was thinking that the audio would be available in the shops just like other audios. Just wanted a confirmation on this.
Thanks.

the guy in landmark-forum said the CD's will arrive here by 30th June

tmrrmt
27th June 2005, 05:26 PM
How do order TiS thru Chennai online ? - cant understand
head or tails from the site

Cinefan
27th June 2005, 05:27 PM
Thanks.

Thanks vallavare,even I was wondering whether I could buy it off the shelves here.

Cinefan
27th June 2005, 05:30 PM
How do order TiS thru Chennai online ? - cant understand
head or tails from the site

he he,same problem here.I think you have to WRITE to the address given.Include shipping charges from Chennai to Bangalore,it is not worth ordering from there.better to buy it from Landmark/Planet M/Music world here

vijayr
27th June 2005, 08:18 PM
A short recount on one of the highlight pieces by a fan who had the chance to hear it in Fr. Gasper's studio
http://soonapaana.blogspot.com/2005/06/20-minutes-of-electric-shock.html

rajasaranam
27th June 2005, 08:46 PM
One remark by a person said it all:
" I don't believe in God, as i'm an atheist, but i just had a spiritual experience. That's enough for me for a lifetime"

Alwarpet Andavaa...
That was me :oops:
PM me or meet me at tuesdays meet lets talk :)

rajasaranam
27th June 2005, 09:23 PM
Ok For other guys to explain why i kept silent after listening to it....
I literally dont remember what happened to me for those 18 odd minutes. it was like a lightning bolt which hit me and iam not yet out of the shock....i was myself only for the first few seconds or so...When IR started singing 'polla Vinaiyae....' I lost myself and was into a blissful journey. Again i remember a few moments in between when IR sang naathan thaazh vaazhga or pullagi, puzhuvaagi....kanangalaaagi... and there were some lines juxtaposing in between ' how can i reach thou... so lowly... ' I undersand now why sujatha [ who is also an atheist like me] remarking 'enkitta panam iruntha 1 koadi rubaaikku angaeyae check ezhuthi kuduthirupaen'. This was really a life time experience for me.

After i remarked as said by AA, one person got up and started explaining about WCM and all . i just said 'ithu Aaraaichi enakku kedaichathu experience...' Fr.jegath gasper also sided me saying 'aamam itha experience panna than mudiyum'

The experience was so overwhelming for me that, I went there to preorder for 10 Cd's and a special edition, after hearing it i ordered 25 CD"s and 1 SE. Now i have decided to order for 10 more cassettes :)

One advice for all fans out there. for the first time please do not hear it in PC's or any low end system. Get a surround system switch off all lights and start playing the CD. You will be surrounded by so much music and blissfulness that you will never get anywhere else.

Father is very much convinced that If this project becomes a success and reaches atleast 3 lakh units in first 3 months. He can make IR give us such GEMS every 6 months :)

I request all fans to get into this campaign and buy as many units as you can. If you cant sell them let them lie at your home While we Make Raaja Rise above....
Ive started off with campaigning to all i meet from that day.
infact as a counter marketing ive started marketing it to the telemarketers who call me for marketing their products. [ i get atleast 2-3 calls like these every day from banking, insurance, loan agencies etc.,] Whom i would cut off after the initial hello itself previously.

baroque
27th June 2005, 10:17 PM
Dear rajasaranam, You are a fortunate soul!! Very eagerly waiting for the release, its a long long long long wait for IR fans!!! love and prayers, vinu.

rooky
27th June 2005, 10:41 PM
Thanks.

Thanks a lot for this info

vijayr
28th June 2005, 12:03 AM
isaiosai/TISK, have sent an email with links to all choral societies/classical music organizations but am pasting the links here too just in case. Now is the time to send an e-flier to all of them along with links from where they can purchase the CD

http://www.music.indiana.edu/music_resources/societ.html

The above is a comprehensive list

This is an even better list from all over the world
http://www.classical.net/music/links/musicorg.html

and yet another one
http://www.gprep.org/classical/organizations.html#MOFzxc

vijayr
28th June 2005, 12:08 AM
Links to few oratorio societies in US

http://www.oratoriosocietyofny.org/
http://www.oratoriosociety.org/home.htm
http://www.rossings.org/
http://www.queensoratorio.org/
http://www.oratorio.org/
http://www.greensboro.com/oratorio/

NormalMan
28th June 2005, 12:09 AM
Where can I get hold of the CD in Bangalore?

Any shops near Bridage-MG Road intersection?

Arjuna
28th June 2005, 02:41 AM
http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Gallery/events/Photos/FansClub/index.html

Who is rajasaranam here?

TISK
28th June 2005, 09:47 AM
Thank you, Vijayr! We are taking it up and will keep you informed of the progress! Thanks.
YIA!!

Here are the do's and don't's i had promised!
1. Those who are purchasing the premium package with the DVD, first watch the DVD which will prepare of the sweat and toiling that has taken place to get the final piece which you are about to hear in full! Read also the associated reading materials and famialrize wih the folks involved with this Cd apart from IIR!
2. It is preferable if you read the lyrics and famialirize with this too before listening to enjoy the concept.
3. first-time listening, please make sure you have access to a good sound system possible to enjoy the full effect![ One friend wrote me that he had purchased a 2.7k bose system just for this! i am not advocating this to everyone!!]
4. DO not, repeat, DO NOT listen in your computer at the first time!
5. Late evening setting, is preferred for the fist time listening. Sit in a quiet place, light a candle and some incense sticks, dim the lights, turn the sound system and just close your eyes for the next 60 mts.
6. Control your urge to replay the second song immediately but listen to the entire Cd in one sitting to enjoy the various dimensions IIR has reached.
7. Now, [after wiping away those tears you would ahve sertainly shed by this time, if you are a true music and Tamil lover!], read again the lyrics and marvel at how IIr has captured the 'life' of these graet verses in his music and how everyone has captured the spirit equally!
8.Buy and encourage everyone to buy ONLY the original Cd as mark of respect to the artist who had conceived this great idea.
9. if you haven't ordered yet for your personal copy, please do so immediately by visiting www.tis-usa.com today! remember, this is a GRWEAT GIFT IDEA for the next few months on your list!!
10. Please feel free to send this mail to everyone you care!
11.Last but not the least, please write a line to us at tisusa@gmail.com of what was your experience on your first time listening without fail! we are planning to bring out a book on this soon and your opinions will feature in that.

Have a blissful listening!!

YIA!!

tmrrmt
28th June 2005, 10:36 AM
TISK - myself and a friend in Bangalore will be visiting Alliance Francaise and Max Mueller Bhavan personally to speak to the respective Head(s) about TIS - can you send us some posters which we can put up on the bulletin boards of these two offices ?

Bangalore has a lot of German nationals working here, who visit the Max Mueller Bhavan frequently - if at least half a dozen of them buy TIS, word will spread around to Germany as well

please send an email in this regard to irir123@rediffmail.com

THanks

Cinefan
28th June 2005, 10:49 AM
Where can I get hold of the CD in Bangalore?

Any shops near Bridage-MG Road intersection?

Music world&Planet M on Brigade road.

krish244
28th June 2005, 12:07 PM
Regarding sound system, I have 2.1 (Creative) speakers at home connected to my PC (through Creative Live 5.1 sound card). I also have a SONY headphone (its a big one with neodymium magnet speakers), so I guess hearing TIS on a Sony DISCMAN (with this headphone) with this headphone will be better! These are the only options I currently have.

Will both DVD & CD's be available at Music world and Planet M or is it only CD's? And from when (date) it will be available?

FYI, SS music will be telecasting programme(s) about TIS by Ilaiyaraaja. Yesterday evening they showed a glimpse of the program, but missed to note down the timings. I guess its going to be soon. So, check out.

Krishnan

alwarpet_andavan
28th June 2005, 01:55 PM
TISK and others,
The Collectors' Edition includes a VCD and not a DVD. Rajasaranam, correct me if i'm wrong

alwarpet_andavan
28th June 2005, 01:58 PM
Sagalai, Cinefan, tmrrmt and other Bangalore hubbers who are interested in getting hold of a CD of TBI can get it from me. We can work out the logistics.
However, please be warned that the soonest i can get the CD's to Bangalore is by Monday - 4th of July, which is after the CD's have hit the music stored in Bangalore.
Let me know

tmrrmt
28th June 2005, 02:07 PM
Hi all - guys let us get down to work - access BBC's

http://www.bbc.co.uk/messageboards/ - register yourself and start posting about TiS and IR in the section under music

alwarpet_andavan - thanks for the offer - btw, I have already ordered my set thru Chennaionline - and another TFMDFer has already placed an order with LANDMARK, Koramangala - so I suggest you call up Landmark and book yourself the required number

alwarpet_andavan
28th June 2005, 02:40 PM
tmrrmt,
I've already ordered through the Ilaiayaraaja Yahoo Group

netfriend4u2005
28th June 2005, 03:01 PM
I have ordered through chennai online.

Cinefan
28th June 2005, 03:46 PM
AA,
Thanks for the offer.If the audio has a delayed release here,I would prefer to buy it from you.let's see how it goes.

Shankar
28th June 2005, 04:26 PM
how i wish i meet one of you guys when i collect my copy of TIS in landmark blore :-)

Shankar
28th June 2005, 04:26 PM
some of you guys i mean..

Cinefan
28th June 2005, 05:02 PM
how i wish i meet one of you guys when i collect my copy of TIS in landmark blore :-)

Even if we do come across each other,what are the chances of recognition-Zero unless our presence there is prefixed.

Shankar
28th June 2005, 05:04 PM
true...tmrrmt and I would most probably come together...in case some of you want to meet and discuss TIS, we can very much do that (we anyway, do both tmrrmt and I)

Cinefan
28th June 2005, 05:14 PM
true...tmrrmt and I would most probably come together...in case some of you want to meet and discuss TIS, we can very much do that (we anyway, do both tmrrmt and I)

I would most probabaly pick up my copy from somewhere in Jayanagar.What we can do is listen to it first&then fix a meeting to discuss experiences.Some of us like myself,Alwarpet.....&tmrrmt also happen to be diehard kamal fans-so there's some more things to discuss&share.

jaiganes
28th June 2005, 05:38 PM
when are you guys collecting it in Bangalore. I am in chennai this weekend. Will it be available in Chennai on 1st or 2nd? If so which shops are likely to have it?
BTW, this initiative of having kids participate in Thiruvasagam competition is pretty good one. My relative , one girl came second in the competition held in chennai. One more round is there, the best incentive is that the winner may end up singing for IR. Thats an opportunity worth my weight in gold (I am a bit on the heavy side :-) )

TISK
28th June 2005, 07:58 PM
US edition will have the DVD for sure! [and a few extra things!!!:-)]
YIA!

vijayr
28th June 2005, 08:54 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/15413.html

app_engine
28th June 2005, 09:11 PM
That's really a good trend...Hopefully, the current MD's will get influenced with more doses of such classical stuff and reduce the dependency of `imported sounds' in film music...

TISK
28th June 2005, 09:25 PM
It's just a beginning and more good things to follow!
I pray!!

YIA!

Pl. visit www.tis-usa.com to place your orders!!
Be part of history!

'namma veettu kalyaaNam maadhiri!.... yeduththu pOttu vElai seyya vaanga!'
anbudan azhaikkiROm!!

app_engine
28th June 2005, 09:30 PM
http://www.dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=192935&disdate=6/28/2005

Another report of Bharadwaj interview...it also talks about a seminar on TFM in Malaysia...enna namma NOV sir, Manisekaran aNNan ellAm iruppAngaLA?:-)

app_engine
28th June 2005, 09:57 PM
[tscii:a5edc0082c]Þ¡Á «ñŸèˆFò ÞêJ™ 4 A«ó´ õ£ƒAòõ˜èœ â™ô£‹ W «ð£˜´ì¡ ÞêòñŠð£÷˜èœ â¡Á à†è£˜‰ M´Aø£˜èœ. ªõv옡 Ý™ðƒè÷ 裊Hò®‚Aø£˜èœ. Þ‰î ñ‡µ‚°Kò è˜ï£ìè êƒWîˆîŠ ðŸPò Ü®Šðì ë£ù‹Ãì Þ™ô£î Þõ˜èœ Þê ªõÁ‹ Þó„êô£è Þ¼‚Aø â¡ø£™ 効‚ ªè£œi˜è÷£?

‘‘Gò£òñ£ù «èœM. Þî cƒèœ Üõ˜èOì‹î£¡ «è†è «õ‡´‹!  «è†A«ø¡.. Üõ˜èœ ð‚è‹ ã¡ cƒèœ F¼‹¹Al˜èœ? Üõ˜è÷ üùƒèœ å‚Aù£™, ¹Fî£è‚ èŸð£˜èœ. îMó, Þƒ«è ìó‚ì˜èœî£¡ â™ô£õŸø»‹ º®¾ ªêŒðõ˜èœ. Gøò ìó‚ì˜èÀ‚° Þê ë£ù‹ Þ™ô£î«ð£, 𣆴‚èœ ÜŠð®ˆî£¡ Þ¼‚°‹. â¡Qì‹ ²ˆîñ£ù êý£ù£M™ å¼ ð£†´ ªè£´ƒèœ â¡ø£™ ꉫî£ûñ£ ªè£´Š«ð¡. Üì£í£M™ «õ‡´ñ£? æ«è. àù‚° «î£ê «õµ‹ù£ «î£ê... Þ®ò£Šð‹ù£ Þ®ò£Šð‹! ÞŠ«ð£™ô£‹ CôêñòƒèO™ CQñ£ ð£ìô Mì M÷‹ðó 𣆴‚èœ ºŠð Mù£®èœ õ‰î£½‹ Hóñ£îñ£ Þ¼‚°...’’ CKˆ‚ ªè£‡«ì ꆪìù ⿉ Þêë£Q.

(Please read with Kumudam font, or read the whole IR interview in Kumudam website...very interesting)[/tscii:a5edc0082c]

app_engine
28th June 2005, 10:03 PM
[tscii:c98ab48a46]A rough translation:
Q : Nowadays those with 4 grades in western music start sitting as MD's with a keyboard. Copying western albums. As they do not have even the basic knowledge of carnatic music, their music is just noise...Do you agree?

A: Reasonable question – but you need to ask them! Well let me ask – why do you turn to them? If people ignore them, they'll start learning. Moreover, here everything is decided by Directors. When many of them do not possess musical knowledge, songs will only be like that. If someone asks me `gimme a song in pure sahAnA', I'll give that happily. In atANA? OK...If you want dOsai, dOsai...idiyAppam, then idiyAppam! Sometimes, ad jingles –even though they come for just 30 seconds, they are better than movie songs...
[/tscii:c98ab48a46]

vijayr
28th June 2005, 10:48 PM
app_engine thanks for the link man. Best interview so far. After 3 years and several press meets later a magazine has had the guts to finally ask IR as to why he sang those songs himself and IR too has given a more convincing reply this time instead of some usual philosophical answer. Kudos to Kumudam for not asking the usual stereotypical questions. Interesting, even if brief interview.

direct link
http://216.65.197.170/kumudam/290605/pg3.php

baroque
28th June 2005, 11:55 PM
I just read our Raaja's kumudam interview!! Best interview!!

I loved his answer for the question 'why did he sing most of the songs?'.
When Ir sings,he brings so much emotions into the songs!! You can feel the passion, appadiye ondri poyeeduvaa! 'poomalaiye thool sera vaa... or Idhayam oru koyil... or Das das..or janani janani... or Raajavin Ramanamaalai, Ilayaraaja's voice convey the appropriate emotions!! Jolly pattu or devotional or funky what ever.
I loved all the Raja's photos too!! Yeppadi yerukka parungolen? simply adore this man!! :D Ilayaraaja is the force that shapes my personality with his music!! I am a better person each day because of His music!! He is a level above everybody India has ever seen in music industry, with TIS he will be recognized & respected by the world!! Love you Ilayaraaja! Vinu.

app_engine
28th June 2005, 11:57 PM
http://sify.com/finance/fullstory.php?id=13882215

another perspective...(mostly on financial angle)...

app_engine
29th June 2005, 12:09 AM
http://www.hindu.com/lf/2005/06/26/stories/2005062605880200.htm

Another interview...

The intro is really interesting:
"He is a person who needs no introduction. Being the brilliant composer that he is, he is equally talented in all kinds of music. He talks less and lets his music do the talking. His achievement in the field of music is no mean thing. Many will only listen to music but he is a person who `sees' music. He sees the vibration in each and every object in this world. He is known for writing down music, which remains a mystery to many. A man of humble beginnings, he continues to be humble despite his popularity. He constantly raises the bar and tries to reach it. His curiosity has not waned with age. Even now he is curious to learn what others are totally unaware of. He values divine inspiration, which guides him to compose music in no time. Meet music maestro Ilayaraja, who was in Madurai to visit the birthplace of Manickavasagar, author of Thiruvasagam, and seek blessings for his latest album `Thiruvasagam - by Ilayaraja, a Classical Crossover.' The maestro found time to share his views on the `Thiruvasagam' in symphony with T. Saravanan."

app_engine
29th June 2005, 02:01 AM
http://dinamalar.com/2005june29/imp12.asp

Participation of Rajini-Kamal in the release function...
Audio disti `wellgate'...

app_engine
29th June 2005, 02:28 AM
http://www.hindu.com/2005/06/29/stories/2005062907960100.htm

Front page coverage by Hindu (is it also covered in the printed edition front page? Can someone from TN confirm...)

12bums
29th June 2005, 03:32 AM
Guys I think another good way of promoting this is through Indian Student Associations in various universities across the United States. I have already made a posting at the University of Houston website.

kavin
29th June 2005, 05:33 AM
IR's eyes - stunningly clear -, to say the least, in 'the hindu'. Jegath's is like a painting. well done! truly a 'fruit of penance'. Front page of a national daily! It is really happening! Worth a trip down memory lane in tfmpage. all that talk about 'grand symphony 1'. emotions, arguments, counter arguments, speculations, skepticism, insults, and what not. all culminating towards a glorious end ! lets watch the phenomena unfold!! more to come - am sure!!

njv
29th June 2005, 07:10 AM
If you all agree, lets sign a letter and send it to IR to release his first symphony work as well.

baroque
29th June 2005, 08:04 AM
That's a great idea!! I am for it!! love, vinu.

12bums
29th June 2005, 09:02 AM
Count me in too njv.

NormalMan
29th June 2005, 09:59 AM
Any reasons why the current CM and Ex CM not given the CD?

Sanjeevi
29th June 2005, 03:14 PM

I was also remembered about it.

Why TN CM is not attend the function?

Sanjeevi
29th June 2005, 03:19 PM
I wish to a grand success of Thiruvasagam album

svaisn
29th June 2005, 06:22 PM
Very eager to listen :-)

TISK
29th June 2005, 07:09 PM
To ensure you can listen from the 'original' Cd by July 1st, today is the last day!
We can only assure shipping by 30th noon [over night express] for orders received untill midnight 29th!
Be part of history and do your part by buying the original CD!
"naanga ready! neenga ready-aa!!"
visit www.tis-usa.com NOW to place your oredrs!!
REMEMBER>>>> YOU CAN'T HAVE A BETTER GIFT IDEA THAN THIS!

YIA!!

app_engine
29th June 2005, 07:42 PM

I was also remembered about it.

Why TN CM is not attend the function?

ennaga sir, avangaLellAm appointment kodukka vENdAmA?...definite'A TiS team muyaRchi seidhiruppArgaL...

njv
29th June 2005, 07:47 PM

This is a nice opportunity for them to wash their sins, but they decided not to do this. Avanga koduththu vaikkavilla. Vaiko koduththu vaithavar. Vaiko will wash his "sins" by attending this function and he is all set to be next CM.

TISK
29th June 2005, 07:59 PM
Not only that Thiru. VaikO also earned more 'puNNiyam' by personally arranging the TiS team with IIR to meet with the Prez and PM at his own initiative in avery short time!!

YIA!

app_engine
29th June 2005, 08:15 PM
Sometime back either vikatan or kumudam had a coverage on vaiko's daughter's marriage...one of the snippets was that vaiko admires Raja's music...(well, most people of that age group love Raja's music enbadhE uNmai)...

app_engine
29th June 2005, 08:55 PM
A Broadway songwriter, Hungarian orchestra and a Grammy Award-winning sound engineer teamed up with an Indian composer to create a symphonic rendition of ninth-century Tamil-language devotional literature, its producer said Wednesday.
http://asia.news.yahoo.com/050629/ap/d8b17v3o0.html
Another report...

TISK
29th June 2005, 09:09 PM
Two corrections and an addition!
2-time Oscar winning[Pochahontas and Prince of Egypt] Broadway music director ['Witch'is SS's own production with lyrics and music Stephen Scwartz
Emmy award winning [for Crouchin Tiger]Sound Engineer from Sony Music Studios Richard King
Famous broadway and Gospel singer Benny Diggs

YIA!!

Sanjeevi
29th June 2005, 11:41 PM

This is a nice opportunity for them to wash their sins, but they decided not to do this. Avanga koduththu vaikkavilla. Vaiko koduththu vaithavar. Vaiko will wash his "sins" by attending this function and he is all set to be next CM.

:rotfl:

kiru
30th June 2005, 07:06 AM
A Broadway songwriter, Hungarian orchestra and a Grammy Award-winning sound engineer teamed up with an Indian composer to create a symphonic rendition of ninth-century Tamil-language devotional literature, its producer said Wednesday.
http://asia.news.yahoo.com/050629/ap/d8b17v3o0.html
Another report...
Folks, I mentioned earlier in this thread about Handel's Messiah. And now Father Jegath mentions that as an inspiration. Looks like I was not far off in my guess. I have listened to Messiah and in a few days I would be listening to TBI.Wow..

TISK
30th June 2005, 07:56 AM
Dear all,
Today is the D-DAY!!
As I was turning the pages of my file, as i was thinking of the whole journey for the last 20 months, the following lines caught my attention . This appeared on the very first color flier we issued announcing the news on TiS!

"As the world wakes, it shall taste the spirit of our music. Our spiritual treasures shall reach the frontiers of earth."

It had taken two years of waiting for these words to become a reality! As the world is waking up TODAY[30th June,2005], the entire world will be reverberating with the toils of sustained effort and Thiruvasagam by Ilaiyaraaja will be making its entry to enchant all the music lovers!

i will reserve my further emotions from leting out for another 12 hours or so until I hear the good news of TbI's release but in the mean time, I request every one of you music loving people to post at least one line of your sincere wishes for its success which I value the most. I will also hold of my thanks to all of you untill then.

Now, flood this thread with your wishes!!

YIA!![yellaam iRaivan aruL]!!

p.s. I also want to give you a small excercise for which the responses will be expected from July 1 onwards!1 here is the exercise!
Please keep a paper and pen next to you when you hear this divine music for the first time and immediately after hearing the second song in the Cd, please turn of your system and write whatever feelings that occurred to you then.
We will select the best entry and the winner will be given a memorable gift !

baroque
30th June 2005, 08:43 AM
Dear Shri. Ilayaraaja,
Congratulations!! This is YOUR DAY!! You are making History with your TIS-musical masterpiece!! We are fortunate to grow up with your music!! Your music has been a motivation, thaalattu, made us cry, smile, laugh, appreciate nature, relationships , taught us values, shaped our personalities, show us romance, thrill etc... Now with TIS- you are giving us spiritual feast!! TIS will be cherished forever by future generation!! There is lot more to come from you, God of Music, my Ilayaraaja!! We are eternally grateful to you!! Thanks!!
My sincere gratitude to Fr.Jegath, Dr.Shankar, all volunteers who worked very hard to make it possible!! Very proud !! You are all wonderful!! Love you all so much! Best Wishes! Vinu.
Enthusiasm is contagious!!!!!
(I spoke to my 70yrs old dad just now, he said ' appa pesaremma,good morning here' next word he uttered was TIS-unnoda IR innikku varudhu, very happy, I have bought 20 books, will buy 20 cassettes, nanna appreciate panni enjoy pannaravalukku kodukka poren" I am very proud of him, I want to mention about my great dad, who has been such a positive influence on me!! I am fortunate to have two greatest men in my life!! )

natha1729
30th June 2005, 09:39 AM
That the first copy will be given to VDakshinamoorthy is proof that IR is acknowledging whom really mattered to his musical depth or manvaasanai. In fact, I feel IR would place Swami VD at a depth of musical feelings or senses equivalent to the heights to which MSV, GR, KVM and Salilda took Indian music.

So, I imagine paying a tribute to none other than Swami VD, IR must have scoured the depths of Indian cultural legacies like he has never done before and match literary depthy and spiritual timelessness in Tiruvacagam. Therefore, this album in its entirety must be priceless, why just only the first composition alone!

Hail the real ageless Swami of all composers, Dakshinamoorthy! And, best wishes to Shri Ilayaraja for this great man has acknowledged his masters before him.

irfansong
30th June 2005, 09:44 AM
Dear Friends,

I hope for everyone the day has begin so peacefully with a great sensation that we're going to have the music of the universe released today. I hope it will be available in the stores by tomorrow (I dont know about the Bangalore stores). Could anybody let me know about the release in Bangalore? I'm now back in Bangalore and I'm worried about it. If not, I have to travel to Hosur to get it. I'm planning to buy a woofer and a couple of good speakers for my computer to hear Thiruvasagam - A Classical Crossover. We guys were really doing a davam to hear our thalaivar's classical project. When and where are they going to release it?

Thalaiva, All the Best!!!!!
We'll start anticipating your next international project from now.

Musically yours ever,
Irfan

TISK
30th June 2005, 09:53 AM
I forgot to mention that you e-mail your wishes to tisusa@gmail.com and the 'exercice' mail also to the same id for us to co-ordinate apart from posting here.
Thanks.

YIA!!

rajasaranam
30th June 2005, 11:07 AM
p.s. I also want to give you a small excercise for which the responses will be expected from July 1 onwards!1 here is the exercise!
Please keep a paper and pen next to you when you hear this divine music for the first time and immediately after hearing the second song in the Cd, please turn of your system and write whatever feelings that occurred to you then.

Of all the blank papers which one will you select for a winner :? :)

Anyway this is my 300th post and i waited for this post to be a one to praise my Raja.

May TIS be a grand success and we shall get a symphony from IR every 6 months as Fr. Jegath had said :)

p
30th June 2005, 11:24 AM
:clap: Wishes for thiruvAsagam - ilaiyaraaja to be a huge success :clap:

Shankar
30th June 2005, 11:29 AM
Dear TISK,
This is my first post directly addressing you...I had reserved it for *THIS* day. I have been following this thread everyday from the day it was started, but haven't addressed you because, I wanted it on this GREAT day...While I was confident that Fr.jegath, yourself and this BIG team of dedicated fans would make it a success, a slight fear was lurking at the back of my mind, and i kept praying that this shouldn't be shelved like the other great work of Raja...As I write this, my heart is filled with anticipation, Joy, which is as much thrill as its for a kid being presented with his first bicycle, student getting a seat in IIT, Father getting his daughter married and the granpa holding his newborn grandchild !!!

May this project be a GRAND Success and I wish Raja gets recognized throughout the world, which is long overdue...May the Lord, whose praise Raja sings through this album shower his mercy on this project.

krish244
30th June 2005, 11:32 AM
I am as excited about the release of TIS as everyone over here. Eagerly waiting to buy myself a CD (or VCD).

I wish TIS a grand success!!!!

Thanks

Krishnan

Sanjeevi
30th June 2005, 12:25 PM
I feel very happy to be a IR fan. The most awaiting album is releasing today. I am very expecting and expecting to feel that music.

However, any TV telecost live relay of the function?

Godfather
30th June 2005, 01:24 PM
Can someone confirm the availablity of TIS in bangalore ?

Pras
30th June 2005, 01:26 PM
ALL THE BEST :thumbsup:

alwarpet_andavan
30th June 2005, 01:55 PM
1) Audio casettes will be available on July 4th
2) In Chennai, the CD's will be available in the stores from July 1st.
3) In the Collector's Edition, only the CD will be available from tomorrow, and the DVD will take a week longer.

Isai samuthiram Raaga Devan Ilaiyaraaja Vaazhga!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

ALL THE BEST

gopiharan
30th June 2005, 02:23 PM
IsaiPitha Isaignani Ilayaraja IsaiVaidvam Kodutha Thirvasagam Maaperum Vetri Adaya Ellam Valla Iraivanai Vendi Vaazhtukiren...

Intha IsaiKaaviyam OliVadivam Peruvatharku Uzhaitha Anaithu Periyorgalaukkum Nanbargalukkum En Mamamaarntha Vazzhthu/Nanri Therivichikiren!

Isaignani Ithe Pol Menmelum Pala Sathanaigal Padaikka Aandavanai Prarthippom!

kalnayak
30th June 2005, 02:57 PM
I wish THIRUVACHAGAM BY ILAIYARAJA a grand success. Looking forward for this great opportunity to listen to this grand project by Maestro. I expect more of this kind from Maestro.

njv
30th June 2005, 03:52 PM

Of all the blank papers which one will you select for a winner :? :)

Anyway this is my 300th post and i waited for this post to be a one to praise my Raja.

May TIS be a grand success and we shall get a symphony from IR every 6 months as Fr. Jegath had said :)

Rajasaranam sir, TISK will select mine, just because after looking at the poster last week I wrote one "kavithai" and I am not even an amature poet. So after listening to TIS, I will get call from all over to write lyrics for movies!!!!

Raaja Rasikan
30th June 2005, 04:14 PM
Dear All,

Greetings.

Well its long time since i placed my comments on this forum...I hope Mr.Shankar rememers be and my critical comments.

And put you things very straight, iam so elated now. But iam not happy. Dear Shankar please ask Raaja Sir to release Symphony No.1.

Ennai thrippthi paduthavey mudiyathu, being up grown up with his song, i need more....innum neraya venum.....

But i shall reserve my thots/comments for a post hearing reply.

Any way thanks to all, who have toiled day and night, to Bring out TiS.

Cinefan
30th June 2005, 04:42 PM
Isaignani matrum entire team-kku en vazhthukkal.Eagerly waiting to lay my hands on the CD.

rooky
30th June 2005, 04:57 PM
I wish THIRUVACHAGAM BY ILAIYARAJA a grand success !!!
Am getting ready for THE grand treat.

kj
30th June 2005, 06:00 PM
good luck and best wishes and prayers for TBI becoming a huge success.
Congrats and thanks to the TIS team for their efforts.

MumbaiRamki
30th June 2005, 07:23 PM
http://srikanthd.blogspot.com/2005/06/chennai-2.html

Srikanth meets sujatha ..SUjatha talks abt TIS !!!!!!!

app_engine
30th June 2005, 08:55 PM
Raja ayyA, Jagath, TISK, Tis-USA kuzhu, Tamil maiyam, Tis-India kuzhu matRum idhil pangu konda ellOrukkum...

idhayam kanindha vAzhththukkaL...

TISK
30th June 2005, 10:50 PM
The function was a granddddd success !!!!
Read the first few reports!!!

Dear All,

I am at Mumbai and could not attend the function, though I loved to.
My cousin is attending. I got a call from him some time back, all
excited. He said, "They played a piece for some time, it was
amazing...". He also said that Rajinikanth was present in the
function (recall his interview in Vikatan where he said he may not
be present for Maestro's function at Chennai). He said Kamal Hassan
made one of his best speeches on stage. My cousin says the hall is
packed to the hilt.

I also had the opportunity to talk to Dr. Vijay a couple of times,
albeit for a few seconds amidst his organising pressure today. He
had said (around 5 PM) that the crowd outside the hall was
unmanagable and things were too tight.

I feel (and am sure all of us will feel so) relieved at the kind of
response this project has generated. This is THE moment of truth and
triumph for all of us, who have thought about this project for the
last couple of years or more. Though a good response was expected
(99%), the 1% fear was always there - after all, geniuses getting
under-recognised is not new in our society. But this function has
boosted up our faith to great heights.

Thanks a Lot Raaja !!! Thanks to Dr.Vijay and all in the group !!!

We expect more reports from the fortunate members who attended and
the more fortunate who volunteered.

Thanks & Warm Regards,
Venkat

uv
30th June 2005, 11:00 PM
Dear All

Here is a nice write up by our friend Srikanth(amateur composer at tfm) who met Writer Sujatha and who shared his inputs on Thiruvasagam
check it out
http://srikanthd.blogspot.com/

Personally my thanks to Dr.Shankar Kumar and Sreedhar Seetharaman for their selfless service

As TIS team requested I will do my part to promote and gift this CD and tapes to my friends and families.

Peace
UV/Ganesh

vijayr
30th June 2005, 11:19 PM
TISK, TIS-USA team and others involved at the organizational level, Congrats on the successful accomplishment of this mission! Amidst several hurdles and hardships you have persevered. I hope that those of you who have outstanding loans would soon have them cleared and that TIS would be one of the biggest success stories in the music world spawning more such ventures.

krish244
1st July 2005, 12:21 AM
CONGRATS once again to the entire TIS team on this memorable achievement! Its indeed a great feat! I saw a glimpse of the program in Headlines ('H') TV. Hopefully some tamil TV channel will broadcast the entire programme soon.

thanks,

Krishnan

Sanjeevi
1st July 2005, 12:31 AM
I am waiting to watch the function at a TV channel. I think it will be telecasted soon.

It is happy to hear about the successful completion of the function

multinamatheyan
1st July 2005, 01:26 AM
Congtratulations to the TIS-USA team who persevered through all the insults thrown at them.

Congratulations to those of us who never lost faith thought these two long years.

Congratulations to Tamil Maiyam for taking this leap of faith.

Thank you Raaja. We all knew you could do it. No surprises there.

as TISK often said: yellam iraivan arul.

12bums
1st July 2005, 01:36 AM
The TIS Team, especially Fr Jegath - Congrats to you. But more than that, THANK YOU! Because, I think that withoutyour efforts, I doubt, whether we would have got this gem out of Raja.

I pray, that more and more musically inclined people work with him and excavate many more gems.

p
1st July 2005, 03:21 AM
text in unicode
---------------

சென்னை, ஜூலை 1: ""கர்நாடக இசையையும் மேற்கத்திய இசையையும் இணைத்து சாதனை படைத்து இசையின் ராஜாவாகத் திகழ்கிறார் இளையராஜா,'' என்று மத்திய செய்தி ஒலிபரப்புத்துறை அமைச்சர் எஸ்.ஜெய்ப்பால் ரெட்டி பாராட்டினார்.

சென்னை மியூஸிக் அகாதெமியில் வியாழக்கிழமை நடைபெற்ற இளையராஜாவின் திருவாசகம் சிம்பொனி ஆரட்டோரியா (தெய்வீக இசைப்பாடல்) வெளியீட்டு விழாவில் அமைச்சர் ஜெய்ப்பால் ரெட்டி மேலும் பேசியதாவது:

"21-வது நூற்றாண்டுக்குத் தேவையான மதச்சார்பற்ற இசையை இளையராஜா தந்துள்ளார். இசை என்பது உலக மொழி. எளிய குடும்பத்தில் பிறந்து இசை உலகின் உயர்ந்த இடத்துக்குச் சென்றுவிட்டார் இளையராஜா என்றார்.

"கிறித்துவப் பாதிரியார்களின் தமிழ் மையத்துடன் இணைந்து திருவாசகம் சிம்பொனியை வழங்கிய இளையராஜாவின் இசை சாதி, மத எல்லைகளைக் கடந்தது. உலக இசை மேதைகள் பீதோவன், மொஸôர்ட் சாதனைக்கு இணையாக ஏன், அதற்கும் ஒருபடி மேலாக இளையராஜா சாதித்துவிட்டார். உலகில் ஒலி அலை இருக்கும்வரை இளையராஜாவின் இசையும் ஒலிக்கும்' என்றார் ம.தி.மு.க. பொதுச் செயலர் வைகோ.

முன்னதாக, ஜீவா இளைய ராஜா குத்துவிளக்கேற்றி விழாவைத் தொடங்கிவைத்தார்.

இளையாஜாவின் மகள் பவதாரிணி இறைவணக்கம் பாடினார்.

திருவாசகம் சிம்பொனியை ஜெய்ப்பால் ரெட்டி வெளியிட, பெற்றுக்கொண்டார் கர்நாடக இசைமேதை பாலமுரளி கிருஷ்ணா.

இவ்விழாவில் காங்கிரஸ் தலைவர் பீட்டர் அல்போன்ஸ், இந்து ஆசிரியர் என்.ராம், நடிகர்கள் ரஜினிகாந்த், கமல்ஹாசன், இயக்குநர் பாரதிராஜா, இளையராஜாவின் இசை குரு தட்சிணாமூர்த்தி சாமிகள் உள்ளிட்டோர் இளையராஜாவை பாராட்டினர்.

இளையராஜாவுடன் இணைந்து திருவாசகம் சிம்பொனி உருவாகக் காரணமாக இருந்த தமிழ் மையம் அமைப்பின் தலைவர் அருள்தந்தை ஜெகத் கஸ்பர் நிகழ்ச்சியைத் தொகுத்து வழங்கினார்.

30 மாத உழைப்பு, ரூ.110 லட்சம் செலவு: ""இந்த சிம்பொனியை உருவாக்க 30 மாதங்கள் பிடித்தன. ரூ. 110 லட்சம் செலவாகியது. இறைவனின் அருளால், திருவாசகத்தின் மூலம் உலகம் எங்களை அறிந்துகொள்ளவும் திருவாசகத்தை உலகுக்கு சிம்பொனி மூலம் அர்ப்பணிக்கவும் வாய்ப்பு கிடைத்தது,'' என்றார் அருள்தந்தை ஜெகத் கஸ்பர்.

அருள்தந்தை வின்சென்ட் சின்னத்துரை வரவேற்புரை நிகழ்த்தினார்.

தமிழ் மையம் அமைப்பின் நிர்வாகி பாதிரியார் ஆனந்த் நன்றி தெரிவித்தார்.

ஏற்புரை வழங்கிய இளையராஜா பேசியதாவது:

"இந்த விழாவில் அரசியல்வாதிகள் (வைகோ, பீட்டர் அல்போன்ஸ்) ஆன்மிகம் பேசினர். அதேபோல் ஆன்மிகவாதிகள் அரசியல் பேசினர்.

வைகோ இங்கே அரசியல் பேசவில்லை. யாரையும் திட்டவில்லை. எனினும் அவரது பேச்சு இனிமையாக இருந்தது. சைவ சித்தாந்தவாதிகள் கூட நினைவில் வைத்துக்கொள்ள முடியாத விஷயங்களை வைகோ பேசி வியப்பிலாழ்த்தினார். இதுதான் இறைவனின் அருள் என்றார்.

இசை அமைப்பாளர் கங்கை அமரன், நடிகர் சிவகுமார், கமலா திரையங்க உரிமையாளர் வி.என். சிதம்பரம் மற்றும் திரையுலகப் பிரமுகர்கள் ஏராளமாக விழாவில் திரண்டனர்.

சிம்பொனி வெளியீட்டு விழாவில் கமல் பேசியதாவது: இந்த சிம்பொனிக்காக தமிழ் மக்கள் என்றும் நன்றி சொல்ல கடமைப்பட்டுள்ளனர். எத்தனையோ ஆண்டுகளுக்கு முன் வர வேண்டிய இசை இது என்பது எனக்கும் இளையராஜாவுக்கும் நன்கு தெரியும். தாமதமானாலும் இப்போதாவது வந்ததே என்பதில் மகிழ்ச்சி என்றார்.

""சந்தோஷம் அதிக நாள்கள் நீடிக்காது. எனது "சந்திரமுகி' படம் பிரமாதமாக ஓடுகிறது என்று கேள்விபட்டபோது ஒரு 4 வாரங்கள் சந்தோஷப்பட்டேன். இப்போது அதையே நினைத்து சந்தோஷப்படுவதில்லை.

உலகின் மற்ற பொருள்களைப் போல், சந்தோஷம் நிலையற்றது. அமைதி ஒன்றே சந்தோஷம் தருவது. அதை அடைவது கஷ்டம். அதை நோக்கி இளையராஜா சென்று கொண்டிருக்கிறார். நானும் அவர் பின்னே சென்று கொண்டிருக்கிறேன். இளையராஜாவை எப்போதும் சாமி என்றுதான் அழைப்பேன். அவரை அடிக்கடி சந்தித்துப் பேசி அமைதி தேடிக் கொள்வது என் வழக்கம் என்றார் நடிகர் ரஜினிகாந்த்.[tscii]

dude
1st July 2005, 04:57 AM
Great job, very well executed!

Congrats to the TIS team!

jaiganes
1st July 2005, 06:56 AM
Congratulations for The Thiruvacagam in Oratorio team and the USA team. Special congrats to TISK, Father Gasper Raj and Raaja.
You have faced almost impossible odds in releasing a high quality music in the age of shameful remixes and plastic music.
I KNOW that this will be a grand success in that it will reach the hearts and minds of all music lovers in this world .
To copy a little from Bharathi dhasan,

"Isaiyaal Raaja thagudhi petradhum,
Isai Raajavaal thagudhi petradhum "

Truly a good day for music and music lovers.

I am grabbing my copies of this musical masterpiece this weekend.

TISK
1st July 2005, 07:06 AM
A detaiked account from Dinamalar.

http://www.dinamalar.com/

Please go to 'mukkiya seidhigaL' section and scroll down to the last item.

YIA!!

njv
1st July 2005, 07:32 AM
Hopefully CM will listen to TIS and declare Jun 30th as "Tamil Music" day.

Also, IR has done his job. We have two great jobs ahead.

1. Make TIS a commercial success
2. Nominate TIS for all global awards (including Grammy)

How do we go about this... any one experienced?

jagannn
1st July 2005, 09:27 AM
I am justing finding words to post my feelings ......

I had the great opportunity to attend this mega event amidst the stampade.

MY My MY God i couldnt resist tears hearing such a work from our RAJA.

Every INDIAN should be proud to have and to have be living in the period of this phenomenal composer.

Every note of this work carrys a great significance. What do we hear in this great album. Is it the great work of manikka vasagar OR Musical Ecstacy OR the divine voice of IR.

For me atleast i require minimum one week per song to enjoy the orchestration . :D

What can we give to this great composer and take it that this work will remain for ever till such time Music & Tamil exists.

My personal request.

Please hear this work in a clsoed room preferably in a good system or sit alone with a good CD walkman.

Folks: Please buy original CDS, DVD This is the least respect we could give to the team of TIS& our beloved raaja.

Once again my heartfelt thanks for the TIS team for making this happen.

isaiosai
1st July 2005, 09:50 AM
Congratulations to IR, Fr. Jegath (Tamil Maiyam), Dr. Sankar Kumar (TiS-USA) and all you fans for making this happen.

Many thanks to Sridhar Seetharaman for starting this thread, and to Dr. Sankar Kumar for keeping it going inspite of all the hardships they had to go through from the very beginning when not many were behind them.

In addition to the conception, sheer conviction/guts/risk and determination of IR himself, the creator, TbI happened mainly becuase of the dedication and resolve of two people: Fr. Jegath and Dr. Sankar Kumar. We cannot thank you enough.

We are also greatly indebted to bb and team, RR and team for their support by way of letting us have this discussion thread, as TiS-USA evolved out of this very thread:-)

As mentioned by vijayr earlier, I also hope that all the outstanding loans get paid off at the earliest as TbI reaches each and every household.

Thank you DFers (tfmpage+dhool+the hub) and all the fans out there for making it happen. It is your record - you have created History!

And yes, would love to have many such masterpieces from IR:-)

p
1st July 2005, 09:53 AM
[tscii:f349a80bdf]text in unicode
---------------
ஆரம்பம் முதல் ஒரு எதிர்ப்பார்ப்பு எல்லோருக்குள்ளும் இருந்தது. ‘இந்நிகழ்ச்சிக்கு கவிஞர் வைரமுத்து வருவார். நீண்ட நாட்களாக இளையராஜாவுக்கும் வைரமுத்துவுக்கும் இடையில் இருந்த இடைவெளி முடிவுக்கு வரப்போகிறது. இந்த இருதுருவங்களை இணைக்க பாரதிராஜா ஏற்பாடு செய்துவிட் டார்’ என்றெல்லாம் செய்திகள் பரவியபடி இருக்க, எல்லோருக்குள் ளும் ஒரு எதிர்பார்ப்பு. இறுதிவரையில் கவிஞர் வருகை நிகழவே இல்லை!

Ô‘இரண்டு பேருக்கும் இடைவெளி குறையவே குறையாதா?’Õ என்று பாரதிராஜாவிடம் கேட்டோம்.

‘‘நிறைய முயற்சி எடுத்தோம். கடைசி நேரத்துல கணக்கு தப்பிடுச்சு. இப்பவும் ஒண்ணும் கெட்டுப்போகலை. இது சின்ன நிகழ்ச்சி. ஜூன் 30|ம் தேதி ஒருவேளை பதில் கிடைக்கக்கூடும்Õ’ என்றார் சிரித்துக்கொண்டே.

so, did VM attend the june 30th release function?
[/tscii:f349a80bdf]

jeeves
1st July 2005, 10:18 AM
I was fortunate to be present at the function yesterday. The function was a grand success. The hall is jam-packed. 100's of fans were standing inside the hall and balcony. 1000's of fans were standing outside the Hall. Some of them were even standing on Cathedral Rd and T.T.K Rd trying to get a glimpse of the function. (The organisers put a giant screen outside the hall).

Vincent Chinnadurai (Tamil Maiyam), Dhaksinamoorthy Swamigal, Peter Alphonse, Dr.Balamurali Krishna, Kamal, Hindu N. Ram, Minister Jaipal Reddy, Barathi Raja, Rajni, Vaiko and Raaja sir spoke at the function. Father Jagath hosted the function. I'll try to update the details of their speech later. Vaiko's speech was the higlight of the function. Overall the crowd's response was unbelievable.

Now it is upto us to make this project success and hope to receive more from our beloved Raaja Sir.

jeeves
1st July 2005, 10:38 AM
From Dinamalar with photos
http://www.dinamalar.com/2005july01/imp55.asp

sureshmehcnit
1st July 2005, 12:11 PM
Here is my Thoughts (Review) on Thiruvasakam by Illayaraja

http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Thiruvasakam_-_Illayaraja-77462-1.html

Smile
Sureshkumar

njv
1st July 2005, 03:41 PM
Suresh

I always admire your review and I had this deep question in my mind. Will you review this product? Will you justify this product from a comman layman perspective? you have done a great job. Hats off to you.

When I was in India, I always wanted to come to US. Now that I am here and still I dont have TIS CD, I wanted to come back to India. While I envy all of you who listened to the CD already, I also feel good (tensed, the kind of tense you will get when you are waiting for your lover to accept your love, the kind of tense you will get when you are opening your first appointment letter, the kind of tense you will get when you get into bedroom for you first night).

I am hoping I will be able to listen to TIS CD atleast by Saturday!

I have called in few people as well, who dont have good music system. Since lot of people's review say that its good to listen to TIS during night, I called them to come Saturday 10 PM. Hopefully we all can get the joice!

sureshmehcnit
1st July 2005, 03:50 PM
Hi njv,

Thanx for ur comments. May God bless you to get your copy soon and i am sure that you are in for a great delight.

Smile
Sureshkumar

Arjuna
1st July 2005, 04:24 PM
This is the lyrics for the first song: Puvar..

thiruchchiRRambalam

45. yAththiraip paththu
(thillaiyil aruLiyadhu - aRuchIr kazin^eDilaDi Achiriya viruththam )

pUvAr chenni mannanem puyaN^gap perumAn chiRiyOmai
OvA thuLLam kalan^dhuNarvAy urukkum veLLak karuNaiyinAl
AvA ennap paTTan pAy ATpaT TIrvan^ thoruppaDumiL
pOvON^ kAlam van^dhadhugAN poyviT TuDaiyAn kazalbugavE 605

pugavE vENDA pulangaLiln^Ir puyaN^gap perumAn pUN^gazalgaL
migavE n^inaimin mikkavellAm vENDA pOga viDumingaL
n^agavE nyAlath thuLbugun^dhu n^AyE anaiya n^amaiyANDa
thagavE yuDaiyAn thanaichchArath thaLarA thiruppAr thAn^dhAmE 606

thAmE thamakkuch chuRRamum thAmE thamakku vidhivagaiyum
yAmAr emadhAr pAchamAr ennamAyam ivaibOgak
kOmAn paNDaith thoNDarODum avandhan kuRippE kuRikkoNDu
pOmA Ramaimin poyn^Ikkap puyaN^gan ALvAn ponnaDikkE 607

aDiyAr AnIr ellIrum agala viDumin viLaiyATTaik
kaDichE raDiyE van^dhaDain^dhu kaDaikkoN Tirumin thirukkuRppaich
cheDichE ruDailach chelan^Ikkich chivalOgaththE n^amaivaippAn
poDichEr mELip puyaN^gandhan pUvAr kazaRkE pugaviDumE 608

viDumin veguLi vETkain^Oy migavOr kAlam iniyillai
uDaiyAn aDikkIzp perunychAththODu uDanbO vadhaRkE orup paDumin
aDaivOm n^AmbOych chivaburaththuL aNiyAr kadhava thaDaiyAmE
puDaibaTTurugip pORRuvOm puyaN^gaL ALvAn pugazgaLaiyE 609

pugazmin thozumin pUppunaimin puyaN^gan thAnE pun^dhivaiththiT
Tigazmin ellA allalaiyum iniyOr iDaiyU RaDaiyAmE
thigazuny chIrAr chivaburaththuch chenRu chivandhAL vaNaN^gin^Am
n^igazum aDiyAr munchenRu n^enycham urugi n^iRpOmE 610

n^iRpAr n^iRkan^il lAvulagil n^illOm inin^Am chelvOmE
poRpAl oppAn^ thirumEnip puyaN^gan AvAn ponnaDikkE
n^iRpIr ellAn^ thAzAdhE n^iRkum parichE oruppaDumin
piRpAl n^inRu pEzgaNiththAR peRudhaR kariyan perumAnE 611

perumAn pErAnan^dhadhup piriyA thirukkap peRRIrgAL
arumA luRRip pinnain^Ir ammA azuN^gi araRRAdhE
thirumA maNichEr thirukkadhavaN^ thiRan^dhabOdhE chivaburaththuch
thirumA laRiyAth thiruppuyaN^gan thiruththAL chenRu chErvOmE 612

chErak karugich chin^dhanaiyaith thirun^dha vaiththuch chin^dhimin
pOriR poliyum vERkaNNAL paN^gan puyaN^gan aruLamudham
Arap parugi ArAdha ArvaN^gUra azun^dhuvIr
pOrap purimin chivangazaRkE poyyiR kiDan^dhu puraLAdhE 613

puraLvAr thozuvAr pugazvArAy inRE van^dhAn AgAdhIr
maruLvIr pinnai madhippArAr madhiyuT kalaN^gi mayaN^guvIr
theruLvIrAgil idhucheymmin chivalO kakkOn thiruppuyaN^gan
aruLAr peRuvAr agaliDaththE an^dhO an^dhO an^dhOvE 614

thiruchchiRRambalam

Arjuna
1st July 2005, 04:29 PM
How do I get a copy of the CD here in London?

Cinefan
1st July 2005, 04:39 PM
http://thatstamil.indiainfo.com/specials/cinema/news/illaiyaraja-2.html

An extensive report on yesterday's function.

tmrrmt
1st July 2005, 04:41 PM
Guys from Bangalore - TiS is available at Music World outlets, and Landmark, Forum, Koramangala!! enjoy maadi!!

and can anyone tell me as to how and where one can get TiS in Australia ?

njv
1st July 2005, 04:53 PM
arjuna

order with tis-usa.com or dvdunlimitedonline.com

PM me so I can share some more info (about your GOD!) with you.

Sanjeevi
1st July 2005, 05:26 PM
Some links

1. http://www.newsonweb.com/chennaionline/newsitem.asp?NEWSID={19305220-11E9-4F15-8125-DBCA0340C625}&CATEGORYNAME=CHN

2. http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/15464.html

3.http://tamil.cinesouth.com/specials/function/01072005-5.shtml

svbp007
1st July 2005, 06:08 PM
JUst wanted to find out if the US orders made through website are shipping out?

sanbal
1st July 2005, 06:36 PM
Last week I have ordered a dvd and cd through TIS-USA, any idea when will be it shipped?

thops
1st July 2005, 06:59 PM
From tis-usa.com - CDs ordered by June 29 will ship today and tomorrow.

Godfather
1st July 2005, 07:55 PM
Just now I grabbed the album from PlanetM, bangalore. Going home with a lot of excitement to listen.

app_engine
1st July 2005, 08:59 PM
There's widespread news coverage:
http://www.dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=193552&disdate=7/1/2005
http://www.hindu.com/2005/07/01/stories/2005070114131500.htm
http://newstodaynet.com/01jul/rf2.htm
http://www.deepikaglobal.com/latestnews.asp?ncode=29150

The following link has an article which has an interesting perspective:
http://www.newstodaynet.com/01jul/rf10.htm

app_engine
1st July 2005, 09:22 PM
http://dinakaran.com/daily/2005/Jul/01/others/topstory4.html
This news report focusses exclusively on what Rajini spoke in the function...konjam Raja style pEchchu:-) (Interesting to note that Rajini compares himself to Viswamithrar and Raja to Vashistar:-))

app_engine
1st July 2005, 09:38 PM
http://www.hindu.com/fr/2005/07/01/stories/2005070102420400.htm

Did anyone watch this program?

njv
1st July 2005, 09:49 PM
Guys

The CD is out. Reviews, I am sure, will be beyond comparable. Raja has done what his life is meant for. But not just Raja, but Father also has done what his life was meant. I just talk to Dr Shankar to personally thank him. I found out that whole bunch of Volunteers are working with him, helping him out to carry out his tasks. I mentioned to Dr Shankar to convey my heartfelt thanks to them and for few seconds Dr Shankar didnt speak at all. I could feel how emotional he could have been. He mentioned that "I hope all these folks get recognized for what they are doing". I am sure they will be. As long as human being exists Thiruvasakam will exists. As long as Thiruvasakam exists the work all these folks has done will be recognized.

My sincere request to all those who are involved in this project - Please take a moment to capture what you are doing in a picture. Pass on this message to folks across the globe. We will stone these pictures in the history of thiruvasakam.

MumbaiRamki
1st July 2005, 10:13 PM
Friends ,
WIth utmost disappoitment i came to see TIS tracks in one website -pirated ! _ of course the moderator has removed it when i requested them .

If u guys know any websites which has history of pirated audio ,do PM me .Ur help is very much required in the next 1 month atleast !

If we lose say 500 people because of this ,we will lose XXXX$ because of this !

uv
1st July 2005, 10:43 PM
Folks

Please appreciate music and art by not downloading mp3s.
If you are eager to feel what it will like kindly visit Masteros'
official website they have few streaming sample
http://www.raaja.com/index2.html#

The best service you can do for music and musicians is do not download and listen to pirated mp3s.

peace
UV

njv
1st July 2005, 10:47 PM
Mumbai Ramki

Please publish the SITE's name, so we know who the culprit is.

All,

Please DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE SITES IN FUTURE. Teach them a lesson.

tvsankar
1st July 2005, 10:47 PM
Dear All,
I saw the TIS programme in tv today.I felt that IR would have got a bit of peace.His INNOCENT LAUGH tells that.
I want to learn humbleness from Fr Jegath Gaspar Raj!!our special Thanks to FATHER!!!
My heartiest thanks to Everyone who contributed for this TIS!!!!
I am eagerly waiting for the cd to reach my home!!!
With Love,
Usha Sankar.

vijayr
1st July 2005, 11:15 PM
Here are some of the "usual suspects". will have to check on them periodically over the next weeks:

www.tamilbeat.com
www.mohankumars.com
www.tamiltorrents.net

and the rest
http://www.geetham.net/topsites/

rags141
2nd July 2005, 12:35 AM
Congrats TIS Team....

just heard the samples from www.raaja.com and its simply out of the world. Lets hope that IR give us a lot more like these compositions in the years to come. Awesome effort.

Long live IR and his music.

Eagerly awaiting to get hold of my copy from TIS-USA.

Rajesh Raghunathan

prabhudas
2nd July 2005, 01:02 AM
Dear friends and Music lovers,
Just returned from Chennai after attending the "Thiruvasagam" release function at the Music Academy, I should thank Dr. Shankar Kumar and Rev.Fr.Jegath for giving me the opportunity. Personally I felt the whole function was well organized and presented extremely well by the Tamil Mayyam crew ( specially Rev.Fr.Jegath) and the voluntary work by Yahoo IR group members, and entire function was well received and was a huge success considering the people thronging the CD sales counter outside the hall and lots of them buying Cds in multiples of 7 and 15. Most of you will see the coverage in many leading news papers, KTV showed a half hour segment (in the cinema pakkam program) condensing the entire program specially focussing talks by some the dignitories like Dr.BMK,SS Rajini (incidentally spoke very well), Kamal Hasan and by Maestro.
The program started with Bhava singing Janani Janani song, followed by speeches by Sri.Dakshinamoorthy Swamigal, Dr.BMK,Hindu N Ram,Kamalhaasan,Bharathiraja, (congress leader)Peter Alfonse,Minister Jayapal Reddy, Rajinikanth and Vai.Ko. and finally Maestro himself, everybody spoke well except Bharathiraja his speech was OK, highlight of the speeches was by VaiKo, what a great orator he is, he gave a fantastic speech with a thorough knowledge on "Thiruvasagam" as part of the program, they played one song (the one with the english verses in between), each and every one in the auditorium was taken to a entirely different world, I cannot explain in words my personal feelings tears flew from my
eyes without control. One another song was played with a dance choroegraphy, extremely well done, last song in the Cd was sung in Chorus by a group of school children , again they did a great job.

I have listened to the entire album twice so far, it is an extraordinary feeling listening to this album, in short it is more than a Million times of a "Guru" album ( Malayalam), I hope AIR and many other religious institutes would promote this marvellous work of our beloved Maestro to the highest levels.
Rev.Fr.Jegath, thanked the entire TIS-USA crew, the yahoo IR group people during his Vote of Thanks speech.
We all should thank Rev.Fr.Jegath for his enorous selfless dedication towards this project.
More later

Prabhudas

Pathan
2nd July 2005, 01:27 AM
I just heard the sample clips. Polla Vinayaen... Can i Describe? I leave it to everyone's experience.

Waiting @ mail-box to receive one.

balaji
2nd July 2005, 02:28 AM
Thanks to everyone who worked on this mamoth effort

Best wishes to IR and his crew for their penance and hard work.

The samples are great, but would wait for the cds to give me the fullest satisfaction.

I am really eager to know what Subbudu and other Carnatic Stalwarts have to say on this. Also interested to know John Williams's opinion on this work.

Will be checking mail eagerly every day

bala

uv
2nd July 2005, 05:33 AM
Guys
A Small disgression off the topic.
I was listening to Black Eyed Peas and had a surprise.
They have used Illayarajas song on a hip hop layer
check out my blog for details

http://dganesh.blogspot.com