PDA

View Full Version : MAKKAL THILAGAM MGR (Part 2)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

joe
21st April 2007, 11:53 PM
இருந்தாலும் மறைந்தாலும் பேர் சொல்ல வேண்டும்
இவர் போல யாரென்று ஊர் சொல்ல வேண்டும்

மாபெரும் சபைகளில் நீ நடந்தால்
உனக்கு மாலைகள் விழ வேண்டும்
ஒரு மாற்றுக் குறையாத மன்னவன் இவன் என்று
போற்றி புகழ வேண்டும்

காலத்தை வென்றவன் நீ
காவியம் ஆனவன் நீ

http://www.mgrroop.blogspot.com

http://allaboutmgr.blogspot.com

[html:8ef14e6870]
http://www.sangam.org/2008/01/images/AsiaweekcoverJan81988.JPG
[/html:8ef14e6870]

joe
24th April 2007, 11:15 AM
Hello MGR fans,
MGR's brother MG Chakkarapani was also an actor and gaurdian for MGR ..He acted in many movies also ..But I have never noticed him and didn't even know how he looks like ..I never seen a single photo og MG chakkarapani .

Can anybody post any image of MG chakkarapani?

shobana_in
24th April 2007, 12:16 PM
have u seen the movie ALI BABA vum Forty Thieves.., u can find him in that movie as Brother of Puratchi thalaivar..,

Famous dialogue is there by M.G.Chakrapani.., tht is
"Thira Kathavey thira"

Hello MGR fans,
MGR's brother MG Chakkarapani was also an actor and gaurdian for MGR ..He acted in many movies also ..But I have never noticed him and didn't even know how he looks like ..I never seen a single photo og MG chakkarapani .

joe
24th April 2007, 12:27 PM
have u seen the movie ALI BABA vum Forty Thieves.., u can find him in that movie as Brother of Puratchi thalaivar..,

Famous dialogue is there by M.G.Chakrapani.., tht is
"Thira Kathavey thira"

Hello MGR fans,

I don't remember :oops: .But Anyway,Thanks for the info.

But I still wonder why his image is so rare to find ? Didn't he attend any public functions? :roll:

Nakeeran
24th April 2007, 01:00 PM
Pl see Nadodi Mannan. Chakrapani has played a key role .

Also see Alibaba & 40 thieves .

U can imagine MGR in maaru vesham ( that old man get up in Padagotti ) Actually MGR in old man get up will resemble Chakrapani !
The 2 have similarities .

When MGR underwent kidney transplant in Brooklyn, it was chakrapani's daughter who donated one.

joe
24th April 2007, 01:03 PM
Nakeeran,
Thanks for the info ..But I still wonder why don't we have a single capture or image of him available in net :roll: ..If you have one,pls provide :)

Thirumaran
24th April 2007, 01:32 PM
Nakeeran,
But I still wonder why don't we have a single capture or image of him available in net :roll: ..
I believe he was never been a big star. A character artiste who was not popular enough :roll:

So it is obvious that we cant find pictures of him.

joe
24th April 2007, 01:35 PM
Nakeeran,
But I still wonder why don't we have a single capture or image of him available in net :roll: ..
I believe he was never been a big star. A character artiste who was not popular enough :roll:

So it is obvious that we cant find pictures of him.

Thirumaran,
Agree that he was not popular ..But we have so many MGR's rare old photos with Young Kalainjar ,NT ,Nampiyar,kannadasan taken offscreen function ..But never seen his brother in any of them

He was equally popular as a drama artist ..Infact he was called as 'Periyavar' ,so MGR was called as 'Chinnavar'

groucho070
24th April 2007, 01:42 PM
Chakrapani for MGR is what Charuhassan is for Kamal.

One is slow, lumbering, old looking man and the other, youthful, athletic, energetic young man.

I always complain about Chakrapani to my dad who used to scold me. I'd complain, "look at MGR and look at his brother. What contribution Chakrapani did to the cinema and what..."

By then my dad will say, "shut up!" and have a good laugh.

Dad always noticed this in Chakrapani when he appears in contemporary drama, his ties are alway short...barely enough to cover his belly. My family will have a good laugh.

But on a serious note, he is a good character actor... as was most of the supporting stars of the time.
Here's one I managed to find. MGC is in the middle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:MGR322aa.jpg

Thirumaran
24th April 2007, 01:46 PM
Thirumaran,
Agree that he was not popular ..But we have so many MGR's rare old photos with Young Kalainjar ,NT ,Nampiyar,kannadasan taken offscreen function ..But never seen his brother in any of them

You are right. Some one like tfmlover can help :roll:

Where is he btw nowadays :?

Thirumaran
24th April 2007, 01:49 PM
:D

joe
24th April 2007, 02:37 PM
Groucho,
Thanks a lot :D

P_R
25th April 2007, 04:52 AM
He looks quite different here. I've seen a couple of films where he comes. He looked a lot like MGR - it is the other way isn't it :-)

S.Balaji
26th April 2007, 10:35 PM
[tscii:94f8ca55b7]When a super hero ( Super human ) like Makkal Thilagam is introduced in a movie, its UTMOST IMPORATANT that the arrival is made catchy . Not only the camera work but also the background music score has to match with the situation. And if it happens to be a song sequence, only extraordinary composers can create the real impact.

So when the great man comes out of the prison ( Ilaignar seer thirutha palli ), the camera first shows 2 legs coming out of the prison. One can imagine the anxiety and restlessness amongst fans when thalaivar is introduced . Especially this movie was an exceptionally exceptional movie because MGR appears only after 22 minutes after the movie is on !

It’s a real challenge for the great masters MSV-TKR to come up with a really striking tune and orchestration.

And what a song it turned out to be ultimately ULAGAM PIRANDHADHU ENAKAAGA .
The high speed tempo set through the scintillating violin / accordion prelude convey precisely the mood of the given situation .

A sense of positive / vibrant feeling is created through the thunderous prelude and the ever enthusiastic golden voice of TMS !

A free bird ( infact a shot is being shown a bird flying ) MGR comes out happily from the cell and joyfully / cheerfully runs around singing this eternal classic .

MGR always wished / conveyed a positive start to his movies and this song is no exception .

This 1961 release T.R. Ramanna directed PAASAM is one of the very best portrayals of Makkal thilagam but sadly didn’t go well with the fans . Why his fans, even for an ardent Nadigar Thilagam fan like me never wanted MGR to die in a movie . Such has been his magnetic pulling power and charisma . This movie had commendable performance by him as a character actor but on seeing the outcome of the movie and the affection and love the fans have over him, he changed his formulae totally and never looked back. ( before, he dies in Madurai Veeran )

One can also observe Makkal thilagam’s face quickly undergoing a makeup change as soon as the song gets over. His face is shown dark as he faces disappointments / frustration and noone accepts him to give a fresh lease of life . He looks a puzzled man and tries his best to come out of his personally setback forgetting his past life but ultimately fails in his sincere attempts and dies at the end.

Ok. How does the song take off ? It’s really a rousing start with group of violin and accordion in hectic chase and the prelude runs for a magical 23 seconds before TMS starts with Ulagam pirandhadhu enakaga , odum nadhigalum enakaga.

Only Kavignar Kannadasan can pen such enterprising lyrics :

Malargal malarvadhu enakkaga
Annai madiyai virithal enakkaga

And during this phase, MGR had already been part of DMK and a strong force to reckon with . So, the lyrics are very carefully but poetically sculptured :

Kaakai midhakkum oligaliley
Kadalil thavazum alaigaliley
IRAIVAN IRUPADHAI NAAN ARIVEN
ENNAI AVANEY THAAN ARIVAAN !!

MGR didn’t want to antagonize the staunch aethists and hence went soft on the existence of God but presented it in a very subtle manner !

Now, he talks about his future plans :

Thavazum nilavam thanga radham
Tharagai padhitha manimagudam
Kuyilgam paadum kalai koodam
KONDADHU ENADHU ARASAANGAM !!

And he never forgets to cover his formula mother sentiment :

Ellam enakkul irundhalum
Ennai thanakkul vaithirukkum
ANNAI MANAME EN KOVIL
AVALE ENDRUM EN DEIVAM !!

Actually, immersed in the MGR world, I forgot about the greatness of the song’s orchestration.

This is one yet another song wherein TMS lives / breaths like MGR.

The interludes run at jet speed with scintillating usage of Accordion ,flute, violin , hawain guitar . And when TMS sings the charanam, the tabla runs along with in a nice manner complementing the rhythm set .

Running through the tune makes me feel like the tune has been set to avaroganam format ( from high pitch to low pitch ) .

See , the same tempo of avaroganam is applied even for charanam. May be musical experts can certify please.

The beauty of the song is that the high speed tempo is maintained evenly through the song & before you could blink your eyes, the song is over !

Many say ( even Mellisai Mannar himself had admitted this fact ) that MGR used to demand for the best from the composers and always had extensive sessions with them and ask for multiple tunes for a given situation and ultimately will decide one and invariably it turned out to be a super hit song !

By the time, this movie was made, MGR already had become a major dominant force in tamil cinema as an action hero and this movie’s theme surprised many . Movies like Nadodi Mannan, Mannadhi mannan , Mahadevi and all portrayed him as a king . However, in the same year, he had played roles like Rani Samyuktha, Vikramadithan to enhance his position.

MSV – TKR ( and later MSV solo ) have given some superb starts to MGR movies and this Ulagam pirandhadhu is one such. They have also given Acham enbadhu madamaiadaa earlier !

This movie has some lovely other songs :

•Paal vannam paruvam kandu - PBS and PS
•Jal jal jal ennum salangai oli – S.Janaki ( rare those days )
•Uravu solla oruvar indri vazbavan ( PS )
•Maalayum iravum sandhikkum idathil ( PBS and SJ for Kalyankumar & his pair )

PBS rarely sung for MGR ( another was ennaruge nee irundhal from thirudadhey and Neeyo naano yaar nilave ) . Paal vannam is another class song .

Also , by this time, the MSV-TKR duo had established a firm footing in tfm and what followed soon , we all know. Amazing albums for MGR/Shivaji / Gemini Ganesan / Muthuraman and all and created history , the songs which are being widely heard even today ! The duo became a formidable pair and the songs during this period are real gems to preserve for ever.

Wonder what would have happened to MGR’s career if he had continued playing such character roles ! He never took a chance until the mid 70s when he played a middle aged man role in Naan yen pirandhen but by this time, his cine career was reaching its end ( while the political career was on the rise ). Makkal thilagam was ever , a shrewd decision maker and he must have quickly assessed the situation & changed his formula to action oriented movies .
[/tscii:94f8ca55b7]

tvsankar
26th April 2007, 11:02 PM
Balaji,
Welcome. How are you? Vazhakkam pol Beautiful write up......

Ulagam pirandhadhu enakaga - Beautiful song.Nice composition by MSV and TKR.

MGR in Smartness in this song - I really like it.

OOdi vandhu orae jump il maatu vandiyil yerum sytle .....

Boat in edge ai pidithu kondu hang agum style...

nadandhu varum vazhiyil - just like that nu tree barnch ai jump seidhu varum style

I like MGR all the way in this song. Infact , enaku enna story enru theiryadhu.Anal MGR in Sandhosham konjam Special enru feel panna vaipadhai pol oru picturisation..

INdha padalil enaku piditha varigal..

Apart from politics, oru ordinaray man kum udanpadana oru kavidhai varigal - i feel like that.

Actuala, indha paatuku Good Picturisation ku sollanam nu asai.Anal andha thread dhan ippodhu work aradhu illai.

Ungal wiritings nalae, ennoda feelings ai share seidhu kolla mudinadhadhu.Naan ninaitha padaluku - Ungal style il ezhudhiyadharkaga, oru

Special thanks to this song Balaji

With Love,
usha Sankar.

bkannan_19
27th April 2007, 08:36 PM
Nice write up Balaji. Continue

m_23_bayarea
27th April 2007, 11:55 PM
Malargal malarvadhu enakkaga
Annai madiyai virithal enakkaga

ENNAI AVANEY THAAN ARIVAAN !!

Ellam enakkul irundhalum
Ennai thanakkul vaithirukkum
ANNAI MANAME EN KOVIL
AVALE ENDRUM EN DEIVAM !!

One of my favorite MGR songs! :thumbsup:

Villan
30th April 2007, 03:21 PM
Good work balaji 8-)

Nakeeran
3rd May 2007, 02:54 PM
Balaji Sir

Great post . Can you pls cover the movie also

Nakeeran
3rd May 2007, 03:00 PM
Here is the link for the superhit ENNAI THERIYUMAAAAAAAAAAAA from the movie Kudiyirundha kovil wherein thalaivar plays dual role .
A full fledged commercial entertainment .

This song appears for the second MGR who plays the role of a singing / dancing artist . Look how cheerfully he runs around while singing.

Naan pudhumayanavan ULAGAI PURINDHU KONDAVAN :D

The red dressing always had been his favourite one !

& his fun with JJ ! :lol:

Mellisai Mannar MSV gives a super compo. with all western instruments dominating . Superb tune & rhythm. Very catchy !

In this movie, each song is a gem.

http://techsatish-techsatish.blogspot.com/2007/03/ennai-theriyumaa-naan-sirithu.html

Nakeeran
5th May 2007, 05:13 PM
A nice song for the week end :D

Appears in the one and only movie NADODI MANNAN .

Thalaivar , after coming out of the prison ( Nadodi MGR ), comes across Banumathy who goes alone . Hence MGR proposes to guide her for safety & come along with him !

MGR is just passive and has to give reactions while Banumathy ( own voice ) sings .

Sarisamaga nizal pole naan kooda vara sammadhamaa

Makkal thilagam is handsome even as a nadodi ! with a beard & stick on hand .

The composer ? Mr. S.M.Subbaiah Naidu -Guru of Mellisai Mannar .

The movie has some superb songs . Unga padadhai paadalgallukkaagave paarkalam thalaivaaaaa .

Watch the song in video :

http://techsatish-techsatish.blogspot.com/2007/03/sammathamaa-naan-ungal-koouda-vara.html

bkannan_19
5th May 2007, 07:34 PM
Nice song for weekend. I just started to write about MGR's Ulagam Sutrum Valiban in my blog, check out. And anybody know the story of Ulagam Sutrum Valiban second part. If so please write about it.

Thirumaran
7th May 2007, 11:21 AM
ENNAI AVANEY THAAN ARIVAAN

I though it was Kaatril mithakkum Oligalilae :?

Any how nice write up Balaji Sir :clap:

groucho070
7th May 2007, 11:52 AM
I thought it was Kaatril too.

Otherwise, it's an excellent write up Balaji. Too bad, you come in very rarely nowadays.

A few words about the movie. Those who has not seen, please don't read as there are spoilers.

The film itself is curious amongst MGR's resume. How he agreed to do this is beyond anyone (nobody knows what he is up to most of the time, anyway).

But this happens to be the performance of his career. Never again will we see MGR acting his heart out. That he was shown without beautifying make-up and his sullenness and bitterness was a great risk at the time when he was riding high on the box-office list.

My mom couldn't accept the ending. MGR shooting his own mother? Even if its without intent? She said that the one thing she likes the most about MGR is the fact that he worships his mother. And this scene really troubled her...even more than MGR's death scene.

As for me, I felt that this is a brilliant movie, psychologically complex...as near as NT's own Puthiya Paravai or Alayamani, where the protagonists is confused, complicated and complex...and not necessarily bad people.

MGR's character was pure as gold, until he was pushed to the circumstances he was to go through. The only time you get to see beautiful MGR is during the first song (Ulagam) and the duet (Paal Vannam).

Definitely too strong and bitter for hardcore MGR fans.

Nakeeran
10th May 2007, 06:38 PM
Link for the super hit song NAAN PARTHADHILE AVAL ORUTHIYAI THAAN from ANBE VAA

http://techsatish-techsatish.blogspot.com/2007/02/naan-paarthathile-aval-orithiyaithaan.html

Arindhu varuvadhu modhal
ariyaamal varuvadhu kaadhal

Kathirikaa

Vaazga kathirikaai :lol: :D

Ammaye . azagu bommaye :D

Thalaivar and Saroja devi , after exchanging the above dialogues , sing the beatiful song composed by Mellisai Mannar MSV sir

Idayo illai irundhal mullai kodi pol mella valayum
chinna kudai pol viriyum imayum viziyum parthal aasai vilayum

Vadhiyar is charming !

bkannan_19
11th May 2007, 08:24 PM
Pasam is one of the best acted film of MGR and another one is En thangai this film came when MGR was a regular hero (the time MGR not caught in the image trap) that is why Pasam doomed in the box office. From this movie onwards MGR changed his attitude to commercial films which were success.

Any news about the story of Ulagam Sutrum valiban 2, I have updated my blog www.mgrroop.blogspot.com

Nakeeran
14th May 2007, 09:00 PM
http://techsatish-techsatish.blogspot.com/2007/03/paar-appa-pazhaniappa-pattanamam-periya.html

Link for the nayaandi song PAARAPPA PAZANIYAPPA . PATTANAMAM PATTANAMAM :D

Villager Murugappan teases city based Saroja Devi through this song. As SD's vehicle fails to run, she was forced to get into our thalaivar's bullock cart and thats how the song goes !

Look at the way he screams at the bulls :lol:

And his hair style , very lengthy !

This movie became an inspiration for movies like Sakalakala vallavan etc :)

OORAPPA PERIYADHAPPA
ULLAM DHAAN SIRIYADHAPPA

groucho070
15th May 2007, 12:17 PM
This movie became an inspiration for movies like Sakalakala vallavan etc :)

OORAPPA PERIYADHAPPA
ULLAM DHAAN SIRIYADHAPPA

In fact, I would say SV is a remake of this movie. A very good remake.

Was the song Kattoodu Kuzhalaada Aada in this movie? Beautiful song.

bkannan_19
15th May 2007, 05:13 PM
Yes Groucho the song Kattodu is from this movie. And SV is the remake, which MGR when he was C.M. had talked with M.Saravanan about the film.

Nakeeran
15th May 2007, 05:25 PM
Not only Kattodu kuzal , even Andru vandhadhum idhe nilaa is also fm the same movie ! Superb song !

Nakeeran
15th May 2007, 05:35 PM
http://techsatish-techsatish.blogspot.com/2007/03/kattodu-kuzhal-aada-aada-periya-idathu.html

Link for the superb folk compo. Kattodu kuzalaada aada
fm Periya idathu penn .

What a nice tune, beautiful picturisation showing 2 young women going in a village yerikarrai , having a joyful bath being joined by their murai maaman Makkal thilagam who takes his bulls for a morning shower ! :D

Look, how casually thalaivar comes in with words THENNAI MARA THOPAAGA DEVARA PAATAAAGA , punnaivanam poonsoriya chinnavale nee aadu !

Sings with a typical gramathu mundaasu on head and teasing the 2 women !

Vallimanam neerada thillai manam poraada
rrrrrrendu pakkam naan aada chendaaga neeyaadu !

Its folk composition at its best . Thanks to MSV-TKR combination

Thalaivar padam endraal paadalgalukkage nambi pogalaam :D

Nakeeran
16th May 2007, 11:24 PM
Well, I am really astonished , speechless & stunned by this song from thalaivar's PANATHOTTAM

Sorry. This song is something which an ordinary music follower like me cannot describe or comment .

Really a stunner of a compo by MSV-TKR

Why the hell such songs are not being heard today

I have heard everyone ( MGR fans mainly ) talk more about Pesuvadhu kiliyaa or Javvadhu medaiyittu from this movie but not much about this beauty !

I will have to hastily comment harsh on the elders now

Andha kaala janangallukku isai arivu alladhu endha paadalai paarata vendum endru oru adipadai thought process irundhadha endra oru miga periya kelvi kuri ezugiradhu enakku.

What a DIVINE MELODY !

See, there is no or rather few instruments only have been applied but what a mesmerizing tune & the way P.Susheela Madam sings this classic !

Thirunaal thedi thoziyar koodi sendrar thirumba villai

En vizigal arumbavillai

I have been listening to this song for the last 2 days on rewind mode but I am still not finished yet .

JUST FOR THIS SONG, MSV SHOULD BE AWARDED THE GREATEST CERTIFICATE MANNNNN.

http://psusheela.org/audio/ra/tamil/rare/raresong614.ram

Nakeeran
21st May 2007, 04:45 PM
Puratchi thalaivar's super hit philosophical number KODUTHADHELAAM KODUTHAAN fm Padagoti >>>>

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1DUAA1LP

Mankudisai vaasalendraal thendral varaveruthidumaa ?? :D
Maalai nilaa ezai endraal velicham thara maruthidumaa ?? :D

Illai enbor irukayile irupavargarl illai enbaar :D
madiniraya porul irukkum manam niraya irul irukkum :shock:

Unakaaga ondru enkkaga ondru orupodhum deivam koduthadhillai :thumbsup:

Thalaivaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :clap:

Shakthiprabha.
21st May 2007, 04:47 PM
ethuvantha pothum pothuvendru vaithu vazhgindra perai vazhthiduvom.

:clap: goes to MSV, KANNADASAN, TMS and MGR (FOR MAKING IT REACH)

ArulprakasH
21st May 2007, 04:49 PM
SP akka, Makkal kitta ketta, MGR paattu nu thaan solluvanga... :P

selvakumar
21st May 2007, 04:54 PM
SP akka, Makkal kitta ketta, MGR paattu nu thaan solluvanga... :P

Adhu ! :wink:

Shakthiprabha.
21st May 2007, 04:54 PM
I AGREE

Ive never said NO or disagreed the mass appeal he has :thumbsup:

He wins with clear margin, more than ANY actor, when it comes to CHARISMA

Nakeeran
21st May 2007, 06:01 PM
http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l203/tfmlover/MGR-PanathOttam/?action=view&current=OrunaalIravil.flv

Watch the beautiful , melodious ORU NAAL IRAVIL fm thalaivar's panathottam ( the song whose audio was posted last week )

Puratchi T in villager attire mundaasu playing a flute !! 8-)

And Sarojadevi mdm posing like AAndal !

Iravil ulavum thirudan avar endraar
Thirudaadhu orunaalum kadhal illaienben
Enayee avanpaal koduthen
EN IRAIVAN THIRUDAVILLAI :D

THANKS TO ENGAL ANIYIN THALAIVAR TFML. VAAZGA TFML :D :D

Roshan
21st May 2007, 06:25 PM

Lyrics are not from Kannadaasan - Kannadaasan range-ku - Vaali ezhuthiya paadal athu. In fact it is my all time favourite Vaali song :)

There a number of lovely songs written by Vaali for MGR - but usually they are mistaken for Kannadasan. Egs: moonrezhuthil en moochirukkum and nilavu oru peNNaagi.

joe
21st May 2007, 07:48 PM

Lyrics are not from Kannadaasan - Kannadaasan range-ku - Vaali ezhuthiya paadal athu. In fact it is my all time favourite Vaali song :)

There a number of lovely songs written by Vaali for MGR - but usually they are mistaken for Kannadasan.

:exactly:

Infact ,All golden songs from Padagotti written by Vaali ,including incredible "Tharai mel Pirakka vaiththan'

Nakeeran
21st May 2007, 08:26 PM
Anbe vaa

Panam padaithavan ( Kan pona pokkile song )

all by Valee !

Nakeeran
21st May 2007, 09:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=037ZVwk-mY4

Link for the melodious song THIRUMBI VAA OLIYE THIRUMBI VAA fm Nadodi .

Thalaivar in nadodi ( cap ) dress and singing with Saroja Devi !

Kann paduvadhu pattipogum
kai thoduvadhai thottu thedum
idhai veliyida manam illamal
un maivizi poimozi koorum

idhu mudhal mudhal sandhipaagum
idhil eppadi vetkam pogum

Looks like lyrics have been set to a preset sandham !

Great song by MSV sir

Nakeeran
23rd May 2007, 06:58 PM
Here is a superb / scintillating song ENGE AVAL ENDRE MANAM fm KUMARI KOTAM .

http://www.videocarnage.com/viewvideo.php?id=dzUhVLheukU

Thalaivar in the age group of around 50s but look how young and handsome & cheerful he was ! :D

Paavi payaluga. :evil: If he had not been shot, he would have had a better health & voice .

& JJ . Gorgeous and very cute ! 8-)

Muthaadum maarbil mugam parka ennum
en aasayin osayai keladi konjam

kai valai osayum mai vizi paarvayum
kaanavum engineeeeennnnnnnnnnnnn

Another super song by MSV !

Nakeeran
23rd May 2007, 07:40 PM
Forgot to mention about another lovely song attached - NALLADHU KANNE. KANAVU KANINDHADHU NANDRI UNAKKU- Fm Raman Thediya Seethai !

Roshan
23rd May 2007, 07:42 PM
Forgot to mention about another lovely song attached - NALLADHU KANNE. KANAVU KANINDHADHU NANDRI UNAKKU- Fm Raman Thediya Seethai !

Nice number ! :)

Nakeeran
23rd May 2007, 07:44 PM

Nice number ! :)

Hi Roshan :D Pl see that video. This song comes second. Seems like shooting has taken place in Kashmir !! Lovely picturisation 8-)

bkannan_19
23rd May 2007, 08:48 PM
I also like that song. The most haunting song for me is Engal Aval - and friends do you know the song should be picutrised as MGR should go in search of Lover, but it is filmed in another way. Anyone looked at it. Comments please.

Shakthiprabha.
23rd May 2007, 10:13 PM
Ah roshan,

sorry bout that. Its true many a times, credit of vaali goes to kannadasan :) by some of our ignorance.

Can someone gimme youtube or link of the song...

"naadodi...poga vendum ododi" from anbE vaa..

Its a song, I enjoyed watching mgr. ( a movie I enjoyed watching mgr too)

Nakeeran
29th May 2007, 03:29 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/31340.html

If the news about VK is true, then this is what that defines THE BRAND MGR ! :D

MGR is like an elephant. Irundhaalum maraindhaalum 1000 pon !!

THE BRAND MGR RULEZZZZZZZZZZZ. 8-)

Amarshiva
30th May 2007, 05:56 PM
Some Evergreen hits of Puratchi thalaivar are:

1. China payale- From Arasilangkumari
2. Sivakami- Chandrodayam
3. Tayilamal nanillai - Adimai pen
4. Nadodi manan- Thongathe thambi thongathe
5. USV- all most all
6. Idayakani- Neenga nalla irukanom

Thirumaran
1st June 2007, 12:25 PM
Evergreen Movie Aayirathil Oruvan is being screened in Chennai Abirami Theatre Complex :cool2:

A Must watch movie :thumbsup:

Shakthiprabha.
1st June 2007, 01:01 PM
I wanted to ask this.

Other day I happen to watch

"periya idathu pen"

movie was quite okei ... but reminded me of...

sakalakalaa vallavan.

Is sv then a remake (more or less) of periya idathu pen?

joe
1st June 2007, 01:16 PM
Is sv then a remake (more or less) of periya idathu pen?

Yes :)

Shakthiprabha.
1st June 2007, 02:00 PM
oh thx joe :? I did not know that

MazhaiKuruvi
1st June 2007, 03:18 PM

Can someone gimme youtube or link of the song...

"naadodi...poga vendum ododi" from anbE vaa..

Its a song, I enjoyed watching mgr. ( a movie I enjoyed watching mgr too)

Shakthi,
Paattu raagala irukku. If you are looking for the video of the song, padam videoduniyala irukku.

Shakthiprabha.
1st June 2007, 04:53 PM
thx mazhai, would look at it :)

Nakeeran
2nd June 2007, 05:26 PM
http://techsatish-techsatish.blogspot.com/2007/03/ayiram-nilavae-vaa-adimai-penn-tamil.html

Watch the superhit song AAYIRAM NILAVE VAA , the song which created waves across TN .
thalaivar introduced SPB in a grand manner and what a song by the great K.V.Mahadevan .

idhazoram suvai theda
pudhu paadal vizi paada paada

Beautiful picturisation . Seems to be in some palace in rajasthan side . May be jaipur or udaipur .

Puratchi thalaivar focussed on every facet of movie making including picturisation . Look at the way the song was taken !!

Amazing picturisation. No one could have exploited the royal palace background to this extent like MGR !!

Above all , what was his age then ??????? About 50 :shock: but did he look like so ??????!!!!!!

RajaRam
2nd June 2007, 07:17 PM
Above all , what was his age then ??????? About 50 but did he look like so ??????!!!!!!

His age was 54. when he died his age was 72(1987).movie released on 1969.
<dig>
Kamal used the same costume in vikram movie in 'meendum mendum' song which suited him well... :D
</dig>

Nakeeran
2nd June 2007, 09:00 PM
Hi Rajaram,

thalaivar was 1917 born . Am I right ? So 52 years !!! Paarthaal summa 25 year old madhiri oru buildup !!

Interesting to note that Vikram costume for that song meendum meendum vaa. yeah. possible ... that Greekish type attire !!

bkannan_19
4th June 2007, 08:25 PM
Aayirathil Oruvan runs packed house in Ganapathy Ram - bad print changed in Annai Abirami two days back.

Nakeeran
4th June 2007, 08:51 PM
Watch thalaivar's ANANDA JOTHI here :

http://techsatish-techsatish.blogspot.com/2007/06/anandha-jodhi-live-tamil-movie-links.html

MGr plays the role of a school teacher ( PT )

Junior Kamal comes at regular intervals in the movie !

Devika is the pair

The movie has some beautiful songs : ( MSV- TKR )

1. Oru thaai makkal naam enbom
2. Pani illadha maargaziyaa
3. kadavul irukindraar

A nice entertaining movie :D

joe
4th June 2007, 09:00 PM
The movie has some beautiful songs : ( MSV- TKR )

1. Oru thaai makkal naam enbom
2. Pani illadha maargaziyaa
3. kadavul irukindraar

A nice entertaining movie :D

Missing :

4.Poyyile piRanthu poyyile vaLarntha
5.Ninaikka therintha maname unakku maRakka theriyathaa!

Nakeeran
4th June 2007, 09:03 PM
Annan Joe vaazga !

Nakeeran
4th June 2007, 09:05 PM
Aayirathil Oruvan runs packed house in Ganapathy Ram - bad print changed in Annai Abirami two days back.

Hi. thats quite interesting ! Is it 3 shows or noon show only ?

bkannan_19
5th June 2007, 01:46 PM
Nakeeran It is 3 shows in Annai Abirami as well as Ganapathy Ram. The details of changing the print in Annai Abirami is told by Yukesh Babu a MGR Fan sorry MGR Devotee.

selvakumar
5th June 2007, 01:55 PM
Evergreen Movie Aayirathil Oruvan is being screened in Chennai Abirami Theatre Complex :cool2:

I also saw several posters on the same ! Seems following Naadodi Mannan, they have screen AO !

Thirumaran
5th June 2007, 03:28 PM

I also saw several posters on the same ! Seems following Naadodi Mannan, they have screen AO !

:yes:

I think it is also running in Kancheepuram. Makkal Thilagam movies are making one more round nowadays in cities :cool2:

joe
5th June 2007, 03:34 PM
'ஆயிரத்தில் ஒருவனின்' அட்டகாசம்!

எவர்கிரீன் ஹீரோ என்றால் தமிழ் சினிமாவில் ஒருவரே. மறைந்தும் இருந்து கொண்டிருக்கும் எம்.ஜி.ஆர்.தான் அது.
இவருக்கு இன்னமும் இருக்கும் மார்க்கெட் வேல்யூ பார்த்து இன்றைக்கு மார்க்கெட்டில் இருக்கும் ஹீரோக்களே மிரண்டு போயுள்ளனர்.

1966-ம் வருடம் இவர் நடித்த 'ஆயிரத்தில் ஒருவன்' பிலீஸானது. எம்.ஜி.ஆருடன் ஜெயலலிதா இணைந்து நடித்த முதல்படம். இது வெளியான காலகட்டத்தில் அனைத்து தமிழ் சினிமா ரிக்கார்டுகளையும் நொறுக்கியது.

இந்தப் படத்தை ஜுன்-1 முதல் பிரமாண்ட விளம்பரங்களுடன் சென்னையில் ரிலீஸ் செய்தனர். சிட்டியில் மட்டும் மூன்று தியேட்டர்கள். புதிய தமிழ் படங்கள் ஈயடித்துக் கொண்டிருக்க சுமார் நாற்பது வருடங்களுக்குமுன் ரிலீஸான இந்தப் படத்திற்கோ செம வரவேற்பு.

அபிராமி மஹாலில் இந்தப் படத்திற்கு ஒரே தள்ளுமுள்ளு. அதிலொருவரை ஓரம்கட்டி, ஏன் பழைய படத்துக்கு இத்தனை கூட்டம் என்றோம். இந்த கேள்விக்காகவே காத்திருந்திருப்பார் போல.

"எத்திரினி தபா பார்த்தாலும் தலீவரு படம் போரு கடியாது ஸார்" என்று தொடங்கி அவர் சொன்னதன் சாராம்சம், இதுவரை ஐம்பது முறைக்குமேல் 'ஆயிரத்தில் ஒருவனை' பார்த்திருக்கிறாராம். அதில் வரும் 'அதோ அந்த பறவைபோல....' பாடலுக்காக இன்னும் ஐந்தாறு தபா...ஸாரி, முறை பார்ப்பாராம்.

சென்ற வருடம் எம்.ஜி.ஆரின் 'நாடோடி மன்னன்' படத்தை இப்படி ரிலீஸ் செய்து சென்னை தியேட்டர்களில் ட்ராபிக்ஜாம் ஏற்படுத்தினார்கள். எம்.ஜி.ஆரின் படங்களை மாதம் ஒருமுறை இப்படி ஆர்ப்பாட்டமாக ரிலீஸ் செய்யும் ஐடியாவில் இருக்கிறார்கள் சில விநியோகஸ்தர்கள்!

http://tamil.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/04062007-3.shtml
[tscii:89ae5dbfed][/tscii:89ae5dbfed]

joe
5th June 2007, 03:41 PM
Ayiraththil Oruvan is my most fav MGR Movie :D

Thirumaran
5th June 2007, 04:12 PM
Ayiraththil Oruvan is my most fav MGR Movie :D

For me one among the favorite movie of MGR :)

Nakeeran
5th June 2007, 04:16 PM
Watch the movie MAHADEVI here :

http://techsatish-techsatish.blogspot.com/2007/05/mahadevi-live-tamil-movie-links.html

can someone give links for KANCHI THALAIVAN , the ever favourite movie of engal thalaivar Selvaa Sirrrrr :D

RajaRam
6th June 2007, 06:58 PM
thalaivar was 1917 born . Am I right ? So 52 years !!!

When MGR died (1987)all magazines mentioned 72. :roll:

Murali Srinivas
6th June 2007, 07:22 PM
Dear Rajaram,

Nakeeran is right. MGR's D.O.B is 17.01.1917 (officially declared!)

Regards

PS: Thiru and Selva, as promised I have come here to correct the mistakes.

Thirumaran
6th June 2007, 07:26 PM
PS: Thiru and Selva, as promised I have come here to correct the mistakes.

:lol: :P

You are welcome to correct any information what you feel is wrong. Not only in this thread any thread for that matter.

and no need to Keep PS for every such post :wink:

Nakeeran
7th June 2007, 09:38 AM
Watch the beautiful song UNNAI PAARTHU KONDIRUNDHAAL PAATU VARUM from the movie Naan aanayitaal.

Featuring Sarojadevi as the pair.

Idayam endroru ededuthen adhil ethanayo
naan ezudhivaithen
ezudhuvadhellam unpugaz paadum
enakkadhu podhum verenna vendum
paatu varum

Mellisai Mannar's melodious tune & neat orchestration.

Nice simple picturisation

Handsome vadhiyar with his famous M shaped wig and shirt folded tucked in ! and tie also ! Vow. Love in formal attire ! :)

http://techsatish-techsatish.blogspot.com/2007/06/paatu-varum-unnai-parthu-kondirunthal.html

RajaRam
7th June 2007, 07:32 PM
Nakeeran is right. MGR's D.O.B is 17.01.1917

Then his age was 71( he died in 25/12/1987). :D

Murali Srinivas
7th June 2007, 07:59 PM
Dear Rajaram,

If you mean to say that newspapers have got it wrong then it is very common. Even when NT passed away, his year of Birth was given as 1927 by the media when actually it is 01.10.1928.

Again talking of date, MGR passed away on 24.12.1987 and not as you have mentioned. Sorry I have a obsession for dates.

Regards

Nakeeran
8th June 2007, 03:54 PM
Link for the superb song POYILLE PIRANDHU POYILLE VALARNDHA

fm Ananda jothi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1-704s0ku4&mode=related&search=

Beautiful song & lovely lyrics by Kavignar kannadasan !

Poyyile pirandhu poyille valarndha pulavar perumane
ummai purindhu kondal unmai therindhu kondal indha poovayar kula maane

Poovile pirandhu poovile valarndha poovayar kula maane !!

Thanks a lot to thala of MGR group TMFLOVER :D for the links .

Nakeeran
8th June 2007, 03:54 PM
repeat deleted

RajaRam
8th June 2007, 07:02 PM
Again talking of date, MGR passed away on 24.12.1987 and not as you have mentioned. Sorry I have a obsession for dates.

Even His age was not 70 what nakeeran told.

P_R
8th June 2007, 11:55 PM
Was watching Naan AaNai IttAl today.
In one of the song sequences there was a sign of serial bulbs in the corner of the screen that read: varugirathu Adimai PeN.
Dunno about the timing of the films, but if Adimai PeN was MGR's next impending release, then it is an early example of product placement on screen !

Murali Srinivas
9th June 2007, 03:02 PM
DEar PR,

You are referring to the song Nalla Velai Naan Pizhaithukonden where you will see the blinking Adimai Penn name. But the fact was AP had not even started at that time. Since NA was a Sathya movies venture, MGR used it for inbuilt Brand Advertisement. But Naan Aanaiyittal got released in 1966. AP was in 1969.

But the interesting fact on the side lines is, when AP was originally launched in 1967-68, it's star cast had KRV (playing the role of Jeeva character of JJ who will reform Vengaiyan) and Sarojadevi did Queen JJ role. Shooting was done for few days and it stopped like most of the MGR movies. What transpired thereafter nobody knew and the final product came out with JJ doing dual roles.

Reading this a logical question may arise. How come KRV and SD, when the resembalance factor played a role in the story during the second half leading to the climax. MGR movies never had a pre determined storyline and so when it was decided that JJ would do both roles, the similarity factor and differentiating factor (ie) 6 fingers in the toe were introduced to take the story forward.

Regards

P_R
9th June 2007, 06:04 PM
Thank You for that very interesting piece of info.

Must say I am happier with the final casting in Adimai Penn: I'd much rather watch JJ twice than KRV once !

thilak4life
9th June 2007, 06:46 PM
Was watching Naan AaNai IttAl today.
In one of the song sequences there was a sign of serial bulbs in the corner of the screen that read: varugirathu Adimai PeN.
Dunno about the timing of the films, but if Adimai PeN was MGR's next impending release, then it is an early example of product placement on screen !

Wow. Makkal thilagam proved to be 'Stanley kubrick of Thamizh nadu'. :D That is introducing product placement in their respective industries.

Nakeeran
14th June 2007, 07:50 AM
Makkal thilagam was ever particular on song picturisation & was always looking for variety .

This evergreen super hit song PARAKKUM PANDHU PARAKKUM from the movie PANAKKARA KUDUMBAM is a classic ex.

See. MGR & Saroja Devi singing a song while casually playing shuttle badminton !!

And look at the style . Some strokes from behind, between legs & that ever enthusiastic smiling face :D

MSV - TKR combination again with a scintillating song !

Thalaivar in a t shirt and a nice attire ! Fit as a fiddle

Beautiful voice of TMS and PS !! vow .. graceful

http://techsatish-techsatish.blogspot.com/2007/02/parakkum-panthu-parakkum-panakkara.html

m_23_bayarea
14th June 2007, 08:09 AM
Makkal thilagam was ever particular on song picturisation & was always looking for variety .

This evergreen super hit song PARAKKUM PANDHU PARAKKUM from the movie PANAKKARA KUDUMBAM is a classic ex.

http://techsatish-techsatish.blogspot.com/2007/02/parakkum-panthu-parakkum-panakkara.html

Awesome song Nakee! :clap:

Nakeeran
14th June 2007, 08:23 AM

Awesome song Nakee! :clap:

Hi Bay A :D

Thalaivar's songs always had that special touch. he always looked for a neat , different presentation of songs . The reason is simple. He took care of every aspect of making a movie :

a. Songs
b. Picturisation
c. Lyrics
d . Thought provoking dialogues, songs
e. Meaningful roles - ezai pangalan, good samaritan, nallavan, uzaipaali , virtuous etc

How to make a movie successful commercially ??? MGR had the success fomula intact . THATS WHY HE IS CALLED THE KING OF BOX OFFICE !

What not ???

m_23_bayarea
14th June 2007, 08:25 AM

Thalaivar's songs always had that special touch. he always looked for a neat , different presentation of songs . The reason is simple. He took care of every aspect of making a movie :

a. Songs
b. Picturisation
c. Lyrics
e. Meaningful roles - ezai pangalan, good samaritan, nallavan, uzaipaali , virtuous etc

How to make a movie successful commercially ??? MGR had the success fomula intact . THATS WHY HE IS CALLED THE KING OF BOX OFFICE !

What not ???

Nakkee, I was told that MGR was sooo involved in the music aspects, that he would infact sit with MSV in compositions, and Vaali and Kannadasan in coming up with the lyrics... 8-) 8-) 8-)

Nakeeran
14th June 2007, 08:31 AM
Bay A

Pl read the writings of Mr. Manisegaran on MGR's songs. Amazing information !!

Especially , Mr. Mani had covered on Ulagam sutrum valiban here :

http://tfmpage.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=2192&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Mr. Mani writes that MGR stretched the reserves of Mellisai Mannar to such an extent that MSV got pissed off one day and said enough is enough. Asked MGR to look for another composer !!

BUT THE SAME DAY, MGR CALLED HIM ONLY TO SAY THAT ALL SONGS HAVE COME OUT EXCEPTIONALLY WELL AND GAVE A BIG MONEY !!!

Besides, MSV was also given a fiat car I believe !!

m_23_bayarea
14th June 2007, 08:39 AM
Bay A

Mr. Mani writes that MGR stretched the reserves of Mellisai Mannar to such an extent that MSV got pissed off one day and said enough is enough. Asked MGR to look for another composer !!

BUT THE SAME DAY, MGR CALLED HIM ONLY TO SAY THAT ALL SONGS HAVE COME OUT EXCEPTIONALLY WELL AND GAVE A BIG MONEY !!!

Besides, MSV was also given a fiat car I believe !!

MGR loved MSV, huh! That's sooo nice to hear.... :D :D :D

MSV is one of the main reasons for MGR's success! :D :D :D

Nakeeran
14th June 2007, 08:40 AM

a. Songs
b. Picturisation
c. Lyrics

What not ???

Nakkee, I was told that MGR was sooo involved in the music aspects, that he would infact sit with MSV in compositions, and Vaali and Kannadasan in coming up with the lyrics... 8-) 8-) 8-)

Let me give you a classic example here . When the songs writer sat with MSV for the film NINAITHADHAI MUDIPAVAN, they all came up with a typical thought provoking song KANNAI NAMBAADHEY UNNAI EMAATRUM .

While penning the charanam, Marutha kasi ( not sure ) came up with a sentence like this :

Pon porulai kandavudan vandha vazi ,marandhuvittu THAN VAZIYE POGIRAVAR POGATTUME .

Stop. MGR , on reading the lyric immediately commented that IF THAT THAN VAZIYE IS A RIGHT WAY, THE SONG WILL NOT GIVE THE RIGHT IMPACT and hence asked him to change it to

KANMOODI POGIRAVAR POGATTUME !! :shock: :D

And the song also got changed accordingly !!

Thats really a amazing presence of mind and ability to read the situation !!

Ofcourse, MGR was dominant even while penning the lyrics for songs .

m_23_bayarea
14th June 2007, 08:43 AM
Let me give you a classic example here . When the songs writer sat with MSV for the film NINAITHADHAI MUDIPAVAN, they all came up with a typical thought provoking song KANNAI NAMBAADHEY UNNAI EMAATRUM .

While penning the charanam, Marutha kasi ( not sure ) came up with a sentence like this :

Pon porulai kandavudan vandha vazi ,marandhuvittu THAN VAZIYE POGIRAVAR POGATTUME .

Stop. MGR , on reading the lyric immediately commented that IF THAT THAN VAZIYE IS A RIGHT WAY, THE SONG WILL NOT GIVE THE RIGHT IMPACT and hence asked him to change it to

KANMOODI POGIRAVAR POGATTUME !! :shock: :D

And the song also got changed accordingly !!

Thats really a amazing presence of mind and ability to read the situation !!

Ofcourse, MGR was dominant even while penning the lyrics for songs .

It's one of my fav songs too...

Om muruga endru solli ucharikkum saamigalae

Ruthraacha poonaigalaai vaazhareenga

Seemangal porvayile Saamanya makkalayae

Yemaatri kondaatam Podureenga

Nakkee, you're an encyclopedia of MGR! Where is TFMLOVER these days? She's awesome too!

:clap:

Nakeeran
14th June 2007, 08:52 AM
I am getting lots of sources from TFML only ! Actually TFML is the real ENCYLOPAEDIA .

Looks like now a days TFML's focus is more on TMS songs thread .

madhus369
15th June 2007, 09:02 PM
Most of MGR's messages were through songs. Did he have any famous dialogues that he delivered a la Sivaji? I can't recall any.

MGR's mode was mostly through action scenes and moral message songs.

kb
15th June 2007, 09:25 PM
ayyo remba niraiye irruku sir..

thambri.. ulachi saapadinum.. ippadi thirudi saapidrathu thappppu..

intha maathiri irruku sir..

Nakeeran
19th June 2007, 12:04 PM
[tscii:8849cb7edb]http://youtube.com/watch?v=UVbIUQneRS0&mode=related&search=

A 7 minute clipping fm thalaivar’s landmark movie NADODI MANNAN .

Amazing picturisation , way back in 1957 !!

Apparently, the scene is created to make both the 2 characters meet

Many closeup shots showing 2 Makkal thilagams without any flaw

Especially the 2 shake hands !

And the difference in the dressing style – One that of a prospective king with a royal attire . That dressing is terrific . The nadodi in beard .

The way the king steps in with a slightly twisted right leg & that frequent twisting of nose !

Some interesting / powerful dialogue exchanges between the 2 . While the king is totally unaware of ground realities, the nadodi explaining him the real life situation !

Paathiram niraya paalai kandu pazagiya ungallukku , saakaday naduve vaazum makkalin nilayai puriyadhendral…aachariyapaduvadharku ondrum illai 8-)

The humorous part being when the king himself volunteers to be part of the Puratchi group !!

Immediately, the nadodi bursts into laughter saying …. Neengalum engaludan serndhu vitaaal. Naangal yaarudaya aatachiyai edhirthu poraaduvadhu ??! :lol:

A very lengthy movie but no point one will feel bored. [/tscii:8849cb7edb]

selvakumar
19th June 2007, 07:11 PM
காலங்கள் மறைந்தாலும் தங்களின் பெயர் என்றும் மறைவதில்லை
உங்கள் பெயர் சொல்லித்தான் பிழைக்க இங்கு எத்தனை பெயர்கள் !

முற்றிலும் உண்மை : - நீங்கள் காலத்தை வென்றவர் என்பது !

joe
19th June 2007, 08:31 PM

யானை இருந்தாலும் ஆயிரம் பொன் .இறந்தாலும் ஆயிரம் பொன் . இறவா புகழுடையவர் மக்கள் திலகம்.

selvakumar
19th June 2007, 08:48 PM

யானை இருந்தாலும் ஆயிரம் பொன் .இறந்தாலும் ஆயிரம் பொன் . இறவா புகழுடையவர் மக்கள் திலகம்.

:notworthy:
எல்லா திலகங்களும் இறவா புகழ் உடையவர்களே :clap:

joe
19th June 2007, 08:52 PM
எல்லா திலகங்களும் இறவா புகழ் உடையவர்களே :clap:

True ! :D ..Here is one proof..

http://www.dailythanthi.com/magazines/nyaru_kudumpa_Cinema.htm

எம்.ஜிஆரும் சிவாஜியும் சேர்ந்து நடித்த ஒரே படம் கூண்டுக்கிளி. இந்தப் படத்தை இப்போது மறுபடியும் தயாரிக்கும் முயற்சியில் இருக்கிறார்,பிரகாஷ்ராஜ். படத்தில் சிவாஜி நடித்த வில்லன் கேரக்டரில் பிரகாஷ்ராஜே நடிக்கிறார். எம்.ஜி.ஆர். நடித்த கேரக்டரில் சத்யராஜைக் கேட்டிருக்கிறார்.

Roshan
19th June 2007, 11:08 PM

Very true :clap:

Roshan
20th June 2007, 01:19 PM

I am just reminded of a line in an old KH flick "Guru" - where he says "KaiyAlAgathavanthAn appA peyara kai thadiyA ubayOgippAn" - athupOl "kaiyyAlAgAthavanthAn mathavanga peyara kaithadiyA ubayOgippAn" - nu sollalAm.

Nakeeran
22nd June 2007, 09:06 AM
MANY THANKS AGAIN TO DEAR TFML FOR THIS LINK :

Makkal thilagam & Mellisai Mannar again

This time its for Ragasiya police 115.

Mannnn... This movie has real real outanding songs and they are all diff. variety altogether.

I bet, somehow there is something special in MGR songs with MSV . Sorry, unable to describe further why !

SOTD is all about the word PAAl & how nicely its used throughout the song

MSV's customary piano is the clear winner today

Vizi sivappaal
vaai velupaal
undhan pirapaal
ulla vanapaal
kanda malaipaal
kavi punaindhen

TMS and PS really awesome

Take the full song here :

பால் தமிழ்ப் பால்
எனும் நினைப்பால்
இதழ் துடிப்பால்
அதன் திதிப்பால்
சுவை அறிந்தேன் !
பால் மனம் பால்
என்ற மதிப்பால்
தந்த அழைப்பால்
உடல் அணைப்பால்
சுகம் தெரிந்தேன் !

உந்தன் பிறப்பால்
உள்ள வனப்பால்
வந்த மலைப்பால்
கவி புனைந்தேன்
உந்தன் பிறப்பால்
உள்ள வனப்பால்
வந்த மலைப்பால்
கவி புனைந்தேன் !
அன்பின் விழிப்பால்
வந்த விருப்பால்
அன்பின் விழிப்பால்
வந்த விருப்பால்
சொன்ன உவப்பால்
மனம் குளிர்ந்தேன் !

விழி சிவப்பால்
வாய் வெளுப்பால்
விழி சிவப்பால்
வாய் வெளுப்பால்
இடை இளைப்பால்
நிலை புரிந்தேன் !
இன்ப தவிப்பால்
மனக் கொதிப்பால்
இன்ப தவிப்பால்
மனக் கொதிப்பால்
கண்ட களைப்பால்
நடை தளர்ந்தேன் !
முத்துச் சிரிப்பால்
முல்லை விரிப்பால்
முத்துச் சிரிப்பால்
முல்லை விரிப்பால்
மொழி இனிப்பால்
என்னை இழந்தேன் !
இந்த இணைப்பால்
கொண்ட களிப்பால்
இந்த இணைப்பால்
கொண்ட களிப்பால்
தொட்ட சிலிரிப்பால்
தன்னை மறந்தேன் !

பால் தமிழ்ப் பால்
எனும் நினைப்பால்
இதழ் துடிப்பால்
அதன் திதிப்பால்
சுவை அறிந்தேன் !
பால் மனம் பால்
என்ற மதிப்பால்
தந்த அழைப்பால்
உடல் அணைப்பால்
சுகம் தெரிந்தேன் !
பால்!!!

Lyrics by Valeee ! MGR's liking for poetic lyrics . This song is another classic example !

And watch the song here THANKS TO OUR LEADER TFML :

http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l203/tfmlover/MGR-Ragasiya%20police%20115/?action=view&current=Paal.flv

2 more lovely songs also available in the same link above :

1. Kannil theriginra vaanam
2. Unnai enni ennnai marandhen

Nakeeran
24th June 2007, 03:33 PM
A nice song indeed !

A song which didnt find place unfortunately in Makkal thilagam's superhit supreme ULAGAM SUTRUM VALIBAN.

Song : Ulagam sutrum valibanodu payanam seidhaval naan

Singers : TMS and PS

Nice orchestration once again.

hearing it for the first time & captivates our hearts easily !

Very difficult to imagine for which pair this song could have been picturised caaz P.S. madam has that great variety of singing exactly for any given actress !

MGR-Latha

MGR-manjula

Mgr - ?

http://www.keerthis.com/song1163u.mp3

RajaRam
24th June 2007, 08:45 PM
Vizi sivappaal
vaai velupaal
undhan pirapaal
ulla vanapaal
kanda malaipaal
kavi punaindhen

TMS and PS really awesome

I think it is TMS and LR.

Nakeeran
2nd July 2007, 11:30 AM
A beautiful song from the movie THIRUDADHE

en aruge nee irundhaal
iyarkai ellam suzaluvadhen

un aruge naan irundhaal
ulagam ellam vaaduvadhen ! :D

vanji idai kenjuvadhen
pinju mozi konjuvadhen

kenjuvadhum konjuvadhum
vanjiyarin seedhaname

Thalaivar in an interesting dress style ! along with Saroja Devi, one of the most successful pair of tamil cinema !

MGR very casually tying a cloth on the wound on her legs & starts singing . :D

kavignar Kannadasan has penned the lyrics in such a way that MGR asks questions & she answers them all ! :)

A nice way to end the song >>> with a thirai seperating both ! Makkal thilagam always known for this !

Look at the title THIRUDADHEY ! The title itself conveys the whole movie's theme :D Thats MGR's message for you !

Like this, one can list a huge number of names of Makkal thilagam movies carrying a clear message in the title itself :D

The composer ?

Its S.M.Subaiah Naidu, the guru of MSV !

Watch the song :

http://123indianonline.com/songs/en-aruge-nee-irunthal/

Nakeeran
3rd July 2007, 04:43 PM
Watch the wonderful , unbeatable PACHAI KILI MUTHUCHARAM fm the one and only ULAGAM SUTRUM VALIBAN :D

A movie studded with outstanding songs which should be classified under one of the very best of tamil cinema

Mellisai Mannar had given his heart & soul to the songs

Today's song starts with thundering preludes & the wonderful voice of TMS . Cheers

Lyrics ??

Ponnin niram
pillai manam
vallal gunam yaaro :D

Mannan ennum peril varum
devan magan neeyo ??!!

Ponpattadai moodi chellum then chittodu mella
Naan thottadum velai dhorum bodhai enna solla !!

Thalaivar with that East Asian beauty !

The lyrics Pachai kili >>> seem to be apt for that woman whose voice is actually like that ! :)

Superb picturisation with the Thai chinese temple background & both of them in traditional outfit !! all very well craftily done :thumbsup:

MGR shows his techinical skills all through the song . There is a reason behind this >>> Some of the shots were taken in Satya studio with that lady shown from behind who actually could be a dummy ! This was necessitated bcaz few shots were not of good quality & hence the quick homework to make up for the missing elements !! :D

The magnificent song appears when MGR & group gets into the floating market & meet Mr. Samsoyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :)

MSV really awesome orchestration & scintillating tune !!

Terrific interludes . :thumbsup:

The instruments applied are typical of east asian compo stuff . Amazing work !

Astounding fact that a song composed way back in 1970 is still so charming & catchy !!!!!!

Watch the super song here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y41Lu5q-JJ4

saradhaa_sn
3rd July 2007, 07:13 PM
Watch the wonderful , unbeatable PACHAI KILI MUTHUCHARAM fm the one and only ULAGAM SUTRUM VALIBAN :D

A movie studded with outstanding songs which should be classified under one of the very best of tamil cinema

Mellisai Mannar had given his heart & soul to the songs

Today's song starts with thundering preludes & the wonderful voice of TMS . Cheers

Lyrics ??

Lyric by : உலகம் சுற்றும் வாலிபன்

Nakeeran
3rd July 2007, 07:19 PM
Oh thank U madam Saradha

I believe MGR mentioned in lighter vein to Valee that in this movie U will not have any songs !

valee remarked immediately ::: Anne eppadiyum ennudaya peyar indha padathil varum !!

MGR : How how ?

Valee : Ulagam sutrum VALIban :lol: :clap:

Nakeeran
5th July 2007, 09:43 AM
Another scintillating song !

This time its from the movie DEIVA THAAI

TMS solo !

This song is different in its kind bcaz normally a solo for Makkal thilagam will normally be a teaser on the heroene but this is purely admiring SarojaDevi :D

Its Viswanathan Ramamurthy combo again which really rocks !

What a terrific start >>>>> drums, bangoos & its a musical feast

Oru pennai parthu nilavai parthen nilavil kulirillai
aval kannai parthu malarai parthen malaril oliyillai !!

The song gets over in no time :) Runs at a tremendous speed. Awesome .

Twist dance , step dance , hip dance all in one song :)

Vadhiyar >>>>>> handsome as ever !

Watch it here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTBG0s9x0xA

MazhaiKuruvi
5th July 2007, 01:29 PM
Cool song here, nice costume, great acting. Who is this woman? MGR seems to have done some superb acting with her in a couple of other songs too. http://youtube.com/watch?v=YFJ8j5Tz8g4

Hi Roshan!!!
Didn't know you hang out here.

joe
5th July 2007, 01:36 PM
Who is this woman?

Are You sure you don't know SarojaDevi? :shock:

thilak4life
5th July 2007, 01:43 PM
Who is this woman?

Are You sure you don't know SarojaDevi? :shock:

Adaane! :lol2:

Roshan
5th July 2007, 02:23 PM
oru peNNai pArthu is an ever green song. Superb beat !!

Hi Mazhaikuruvi,
AppappO etti pArpEn inga - mainly for the song links posted here. Enakku MGR pAttu romba pidikkum :D

sriranga
5th July 2007, 02:49 PM
watched a song yesterday in tv, an MGR duet with latha.

Man how the movie escaped censors scissors is anybodys guess.

ippo vara padam ellam onnum illa, pichai vanganum, in terms of adult content.

joe
5th July 2007, 02:51 PM

Is it "Enna sugam..enna sugam..unnidam naan kanda sugam"?

selvakumar
5th July 2007, 02:53 PM

Nichayama Antha song Ippa vargira padangaloda Adult + Incest contents ukku pichai vaanganum

sriranga
5th July 2007, 02:53 PM

Is it "Enna sugam..enna sugam..unnidam naan kanda sugam"?

i am not too sure. To be honest, i was just watching latha, thats it. :lol:

MazhaiKuruvi
5th July 2007, 03:04 PM
Pros, pardon my stupid question. I have heard the name saroja devi, but dont know much about her. Is she still around? Was she MGR's permanent partner at some time like J? Is she famous for any particular movie or style? I saw J and Muthuraman in a song today ballroom dancing.

MazhaiKuruvi
5th July 2007, 03:11 PM

I have recently seen many MGR songs that seem very adult even for today, especially his songs with J. I also find that in many songs MGR has no problem letting the heroine do her thing and just lovingly follow her around. I find this more natural. I

---Deleted by MOD. NO Comparison please and make the thread as a place for fighting------

selvakumar
5th July 2007, 03:15 PM
MK,
I am not sure in doing that. But to be honest, I like MK's B & W films a lot ! and I equally dislike few films that he did before becoming CM. 8-)
Reg Songs - I think to get a perfect answer we need to ask people like CID !

sriranga
5th July 2007, 03:22 PM
Pros, pardon my stupid question. I have heard the name saroja devi, but dont know much about her. Is she still around? Was she MGR's permanent partner at some time like J? Is she famous for any particular movie or style? I saw J and Muthuraman in a song today ballroom dancing.

she acted in lot of MGR movies. one movie about circus(is it kalangarai vilakam?).
she acted in anbe vaa the song in horse driven charriot - raajavin parvai raniyin pakkam.

one of her famous film is kalyana parisu with gemini ganesan - a classic movie.

joe
5th July 2007, 03:27 PM
MK,
Saroja Devi is the heroine acted most no of movies with MGR ,JJ is second most.

Once MGR fans used to call saroja Devi as 'Anni' .

Btw,She also acted with nadigar Thilagam in many movies like PaLum Pzhamum ,Paaga Pirivinai ,Puthiya Paravai

Roshan
5th July 2007, 03:32 PM

I can understand. Most of his song sequeces with Latha are :evil:

sriranga
5th July 2007, 04:05 PM
However, MGR's solo songs are treat to watch and listen with his majectic appearance and inspiring lyrics.

1. pudhiya vaanam pudhiya boomi.
2. en endra kelvi ingu ketkamal vazhakai illai. PT with axe - excellent

Murali Srinivas
5th July 2007, 07:31 PM
Joe,

It is not SD who had acted in more movies but it is JJ. JJ did 28 films with MGR while SD did 27.

Regards

S.Balaji
5th July 2007, 07:37 PM
Joe

MS Anna is right. Though Ayirathil Oruvan was taken a bit earlier in the 60s, MGR continue to pair with SD for sometime. Movies like Nadodi, Anbevaa , Arasakattalai , all came during this period. By the mid 60s, Makkal thilagam started giving more chances to JJ . I think the trend continued up to Raman Thediya Seethai . In between, in the early 70s, there were artists like Manjula, Lata etc.

I think MGR's last movie with SD is Petral dhan pillaya, a beautiful movie wherein MGR gave an emotional performance.

Afterwards, its all MGR-JJ combo for long . Thats how the numbers increased for MGR-JJ movies.

S.Balaji
5th July 2007, 07:40 PM
I think Nakeeran is holding fort here ! Great links of Makkal thilagam songs !

Songs are his strengths & anyday I would love to watch his movies for songs songs songs :D :thumbsup:

One can write an essay on MGR songs !

Murali Srinivas
5th July 2007, 07:46 PM
Dear Balaji,

Last film in MGR-SD combination was Arasakattalai (1967) whereas PP came in Dec 1966. It was ironical in the sense when MGR replaced Banumathi with SD as his pair, you would find Banumathi dying and SD becoming the queen in Nadodi Mannan. History returned in Arasakattalai when SD would die and JJ would become the queen.

Regards

S.Balaji
5th July 2007, 07:51 PM
Oh yes yes. Its arasa kattalai only for SD .

I recollect now. Thanks :)

And which was the last movie for MGR-JJ /

Is it Raman thediya seethai or Pattikattu ponnaiah ?

joe
5th July 2007, 07:51 PM
Joe,

It is not SD who had acted in more movies but it is JJ. JJ did 28 films with MGR while SD did 27.

Oh!Thanks..I stand corrected..Until now I thought in reverse :oops:

joe
5th July 2007, 07:54 PM
So SD and JJ alone shared 55 out of 135 ,which is quite remarkable ratio.

Murali Srinivas
5th July 2007, 08:18 PM
Dear Balaji,

It was Pattikattu Ponniah. (Came in Aug 1973). Between Raman Thediya Seethai (April 1972)and Pattilkattu Ponniah there was one more MGR - JJ film Annamitta Kai which came in Sep 1972.

Joe it will be 54 because Arasakattalai had both SD and JJ.

Regards

Thirumaran
5th July 2007, 08:37 PM

:notworthy: Thaviri Poi Kooda intha maathiri thavarugalai thavara viduvathillai engal Murali Sir

joe
5th July 2007, 08:39 PM

:notworthy: Thaviri Poi Kooda intha maathiri thavarugalai thavara viduvathillai engal Murali Sir

Amaiyya Aaama.. :lol: Murali Sir Namma Hub-oda Film news Anandan :D

Thirumaran
5th July 2007, 08:50 PM

I second this :)

Nakeeran
5th July 2007, 08:57 PM
MGR's 100th movie this has some beautiful songs & the most popular being Aanadavane unpadhanagalai naan kaneeril neeratinen >>> for well known reasons . When he was in Brooklyn Hospital, the whole Tn was praying for his life

Ok. SOTD is all about a club song wherein JJ plays the dancer part & midway thalaivar enters with a bang !

For L.R.Eswari, this song must be tailor made stuff & another day at office . One can hear the fluency & usual cheer she shows in her ever enthusiastic voice !

MSV always gives a nice start to a song with solid lude arrangement !

Nice interludes 3 different with guitar & trumphets dominating & gives a jass look ! His customary chorus takes honours in the 3rd lude.

TMS , born to sing for MGR ! Paatukoru oru thalaivar TMS !

Watch the song here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPDEQKG5_w4

Selvam_mayyam
5th July 2007, 09:04 PM
Thanx fr da links.. 8-)

Shakthiprabha.
5th July 2007, 10:23 PM
LOVELYYYYYYYYY SONG NAKEERAN.

:ty:

Selvam_mayyam
5th July 2007, 11:20 PM
:yes: super song....

tfmlover
6th July 2007, 12:25 AM

I second this :)

hub's film news Aanandhanaa ??? hi !
now pls tell me sir

which tamil movie first picturised overseas ??
(more questions waiting )
thanks

bingleguy
6th July 2007, 02:28 AM
Was Iruvar really the life line of MGR ???? if ys ... why did maniratnam claimed that all the characters were fictious .... ?

NOV
6th July 2007, 06:41 AM
Was Iruvar really the life line of MGR ???? if ys ... why did maniratnam claimed that all the characters were fictious .... ?to a certain extent, yes.
but when certain characters (in real and reel) came to power, he adjusted the story so that it didnt resemble too much on reality and killed off one character who is still living.

almost most Tamil films are fiction. Only those which carry the message "this is a work of fiction," will have any semblance to reality. :rotfl:

sriranga
6th July 2007, 10:17 AM
another excellent MGR song i watched in tv
"moondrezhuthil en moochirukkum"
i loved the line
"pathavi varumbothu panivu varavendum, thunivu varavendum thozha"

can some one name the movie please?

joe
6th July 2007, 10:20 AM
i loved the line

It is from 'Deiva Thai' ,K.Balachander introduced as a story writer.

The song video link was posted by Nakeeran in this same thread..Chk previous pages or Part 1. :)

m_23_bayarea
6th July 2007, 10:24 AM
i loved the line

It's from DEIVATHAAI! It's one of my fav MGR's Thathuva Paadalgal...

Check this video out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMFcDzqM0PY&eurl=

This song was played over and over again during his funeral time in all the tea-stalls and shops, cos of the lines...

"Moondrezhuthil En Moochirukkum

Athu Mudintha Pinnaalum Pechirukkum

Ullam Endroru Oorirukkum

Antha Oorukkul Enakkoru Paer irukkum!"

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

m_23_bayarea
6th July 2007, 10:30 AM
Another all-time favorite Thathuva Paadal!

Buddhan Yesu Gandhi piranthathu

Bhoomiyil Yetharkaaga Thozha Yezhai Namakkaaga!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqFgapJjUD4&mode=related&search=

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

joe
6th July 2007, 10:33 AM
Another all-time favorite Thathuva Paadal!

Buddhan Yesu Gandhi piranthathu

Bhoomiyil Yetharkaaga Thozha Yezhai Namakkaaga!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqFgapJjUD4&mode=related&search=

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

பொருள் கொண்ட பேர்கள் மனம் கொள்வதில்லை
தரும் கைகள் தேடி பொருள் வந்ததில்லை

மனம் என்னும் கோவில் திறக்கின்ற நேரம்
அழைக்காமல் அங்கே தெய்வம் வந்து சேரும்
:thumbsup:

sriranga
6th July 2007, 10:40 AM
another one.

"thirudadhe pappa thirudadhe.
varumaiyai ninaithu bayandhuvidathe,
thirami irukku maranthuvidathei"

"thirudanai parthu thirunthavittal thiruttai ozhika mudiyathu"

joe
6th July 2007, 10:49 AM
Sriranga,
There is a huge list of Makkal Thilagam Thaththuva paadalgal ..All are golden ..I have a VCD collection and whenever I feel stressed ,I watch it. :)

m_23_bayarea
6th July 2007, 10:49 AM
another one.

"thirudadhe pappa thirudadhe.
varumaiyai ninaithu bayandhuvidathe,
thirami irukku maranthuvidathei"

"thirudanai parthu thirunthavittal thiruttai ozhika mudiyathu"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXFMLreT1s4

8-) 8-) 8-)

m_23_bayarea
6th July 2007, 10:52 AM
Sriranga,
There is a huge list of Makkal Thilagam Thaththuva paadalgal ..All are golden ..I have a VCD collection and whenever I feel stressed ,I watch it. :)

Yupp! When I was growin up, my Dad used to have sooo many cassettes of both duets and thathuva paadalgal! Used to listen to those over and over again... Last time, when I visited India, those audio cassettes were replaced by VCDs! :P

sriranga
6th July 2007, 10:55 AM
Sriranga,

i know, i've heard all those songs over loudspeakers during election times ( iam talking about pre-seshan election times). but, i haven't actually seen the video. The ones i listed here are the ones that i watched in the last few days in tv. MGR's expression and body language are just mind blowing and make the songs powerful.

m_23_bayarea
6th July 2007, 10:55 AM
One of my favorite favorite duet songs!

Paal vannam paruvam kandu

Vel vannam vizhigal kandu!

Voices of PB Sreenivaas and P Suseela... :P :P

(From PAASAM - One of the two movies where MGR dies at the end.... The other one is MATHURAI VEERAN)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbOQNlS3ooE

:D :D :D

MazhaiKuruvi
6th July 2007, 11:37 AM
Thanks everyone for all the great information on Saroja Devi and MGR.

Murali Srinivas
6th July 2007, 06:39 PM
now pls tell me sir

thanks[/quote]

Dear tfm,

Adhu en mel konda anbinal Joe-vum, Thiru-vum appadi koorukirargal. Ungal munnal naan nothing. When it comes to NT -MGR and popular films of 60s to mid 80s, enakku therindhadhai solven.

Enakku therindha varai Sivandha Man(n) was the first film to be shot overseas. Is it correct? (In another thread somebody quoted as Nava Yugam)

Regards

Regards

Thirumaran
6th July 2007, 07:03 PM
Welcome back tfmlover :D
It had been long i saw ur posts here.

As far as giving rare information you and Murali Sir are really very great.

And your photo collections and video collections were amazing to say the least :notworthy:

Nakeeran
6th July 2007, 09:17 PM
A beautiful song for the week end :D :D

KANIYA KANIYA MAZALAI PESUM KANMANI

I have chosen an oldie but goldie number

From the super hit movie MANNADHI MANNAN wherein thalaivar has to come across 2 characters ::>>>>>>>> Dancer Padmini & also Anjali Devi.

This song is for the MGR-Padmini pair .

Gorgeous ..........handsome....... these are very limited adjectives I would say.

IMO, MGR-Padmini combo really should have rocked when compared with MGR-Saroja Devi . Wonder why both did hardly few movies :oops:

Wearing a royal attire befits both the Thilagams , be it Makkal thilagam or Nadigar thilagam . Many movies have come with both playing a royal character.

Look at the dressing & also the ear rings ! Awesome :D

A majestic performance by Makkal thilagam

This movie also shows MGR as a good dancer and also there will be a competition between Padmini and Thalaivar wherein who wins finally is anyone's easy guess :D

The movie is part of the early 1960s , a period which is synonymous with the meteoric rise to stardom for MGR .

Mention should be made about stellar contributions by the great combo MSV-TKR in this movie as well

Songs like AAdadha manamum undo ( wherein MGR teaches the nuances of dancing to Padmini )

Kangan irandum ingu unnai - a solo for PS

Neeyo naano yaar nilave - PBS for MGR :shock: and PS for Padmini and Anjali Devi

A movie worth keeping as a treasure

Ok. Watch the great song Kaniya kaniya here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_D4IyF07eI

tfmlover
7th July 2007, 12:26 AM
'மரகதத்தீவில் மக்கள் திலகம்'

'கலைச்செல்வி' கார்த்திகை 1965: எம்.ஜி.ஆரின் இலங்கை விஜயம்!
[நூலகத் தளத்தில் ஈழத்துப் படைப்புகள், சஞ்சிகைகளையெல்லாம் சேகரித்து ஆவணப்படுத்தி வருகின்றார்கள். குறிப்பாக ஈழத்துத் தமிழ் இலக்கிய வரலாறு பற்றிய ஆய்வுகளுக்கு இம்முயற்சி பெரிதும் பயன்படும். ஈழத்திலிருந்து வெளிவந்த இலக்கிய இதழ்களில் முக்கியமானதொன்று சுன்னாகத்திலிருந்து வெளிவந்த 'கலைச்செல்வி' இதழ். இவ்விதழின் கார்த்திகை 1965 இதழில் அச்சமயம் ஈழத்துக்கு நடிகை சரோஜாதேவியுடன் வருகை தந்திருந்த மக்கள் திலகம் எம்.ஜி.ஆர் பற்றி 'மரகத்தீவில் மக்கள் திலகம்'என்னுமொரு கட்டுரை சி.சு. என்பவரால் எழுதப்பட்டுள்ளது. அதிலிருந்து சில பகுதிகள் இங்கே மீள்பிரசுரிக்கப்பட்டுள்ளன.]

கண் பார்த்த இடமெல்லாம் கணக்கற்ற சனக்கூட்டம்; வீதியோரங்களிலே, வெளியான இடங்களிலே, மாடிவீடுகளிலே, மதிற்சுவர்களிலே, சந்துபொந்துகளிலே, சன்னல் விளிம்புகளிலே, வாசற்படிகளிலே, வாகனக்களின் மேலே எங்கெல்லாம் ஒற்றக்காலிலாவது நிற்கலாமோ அங்கெல்லாம் அப்படியே நிற்கிறார்கள். ஆடவரும், அரிவையரும் அணியணியாய் நிற்கிறார்கள். சிறுவரும், சிறுமியரும் சீராக நிற்கிறார்கள். சிங்களரும், தமிழரும், சோனகரும் நின்றார்கள். தொழிலாளியும் முதலாளியும் தோளோடு தோள் நின்றார்கள். கொதி கொதிக்கும் வெயிலிலும் கொடகொடக்கும் குளிரிலும் கூட்டமாய் நின்றார்கள்.
வைத்த விழி வாங்காது, நின்ற இடம் நகராது யாருக்காக நின்றார்கள்? எதற்க்காக நின்றார்கள்?

நாடாளும் மன்னனுக்காக நிற்கவில்லை; நாட்டின் பிரதமருக்காக நிற்கவில்லை; அரசியல் தலைவருக்காக நிற்கவில்லை; சமயத்தின் காவலருக்காக நிற்கவில்லை. சர்வாதிகாரிக்காகவும் நிற்கவில்லை.

பின், யாருக்காக நின்றார்கள்? ஒரு மனிதனின் வரவை எதிர்பார்த்து நின்றார்கள்; எம்.ஜி.ராமச்சந்திரனை எதிர்பார்த்து நின்றார்கள், ஆம்! எம்.ஜி.ஆர். ஒரு மனிதன். மனித உருவில் மிருகங்கள் உலாவும் இவ்வுலகில் - மனிதரைப் போன்ற கயவர்கள் மலிந்துள்ள இவ்வுலகில் - ;மனிதம்' என்ற உணர்ச்சி நிறைந்த , உயர்ந்த பண்புகளும் சிறந்த குண்நலன்களும் நிறைந்து விளங்கும் மனிதன் என்ற நிறைகுடம் எம்.ஜி.ஆர். அந்த மனிதனை எதிர்பார்த்துத்தான் ஆயிரம் ஆயிரமாகக் கூடி நின்றார்கள் மக்கள். கண்டவுடன் களிபேருவகை கொண்டார்கள்; கடவுளைத் தொழுவதைப்போல் கை கூப்பி வணங்குகின்றார்கள்கொழும்பிலும், கண்டியிலும், மட்டுநகரிலும், மாத்தளையிலும், யாழ்ப்பாணத்திலும், நுவரெலியாவிலும் இதே காட்சி; இதே நிகழ்ச்சி! சரித்திரம் கண்டறியாத சனத்திரள் ஒவ்வொரு நகரத்திலும் கூடியது...

http://www.geotamil.com/pathivukal/kalaichelvi_mgr_in_ceylon.htm
(with pics)
regards

tfmlover
7th July 2007, 12:43 AM
http://myspb.blogspot.com/2006/05/blog-post.html

tfmlover
7th July 2007, 12:48 AM
http://www.it-nudpam.com/index.php?option=com_joomlaboard&Itemid=313&func=view&view=threaded&id=92&catid=35

tfmlover
7th July 2007, 12:59 AM
now pls tell me sir

thanks

Dear tfm,

Adhu en mel konda anbinal Joe-vum, Thiru-vum appadi koorukirargal. Ungal munnal naan nothing. When it comes to NT -MGR and popular films of 60s to mid 80s, enakku therindhadhai solven.

Enakku therindha varai Sivandha Man(n) was the first film to be shot overseas. Is it correct? (In another thread somebody quoted as Nava Yugam)

Regards

hi Murali Srinivas

neither Sivantha mann nor Navayugam dear
a different one in my mind, thought mayb you can
help me verify
thanks

tfmlover
7th July 2007, 01:07 AM
Welcome back tfmlover :D
It had been long i saw ur posts here.

As far as giving rare information you and Murali Sir are really very great.

And your photo collections and video collections were amazing to say the least :notworthy:

Thirumaran ! howdy ?
an interesting clip from 'Pattanathil Bhootham (Jaishankar movie)

http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l203/tfmlover/Thilagams/

m_23_bayarea
7th July 2007, 01:11 AM
TFMLOVER is back, and is in full flow already!

:P :notworthy: :thumbsup: :clap:

Nakeeran
11th July 2007, 04:22 PM
TFML the great

Pl give links for Mayakkum malai pozudhe ( Gule Bagavali )

CHeers

tfmlover
11th July 2007, 05:12 PM
TFML the great

Pl give links for Mayakkum malai pozudhe ( Gule Bagavali )

CHeers

yes nakeeran
i have 'gule bagavali
will upload soon and post here
thanks

Thirumaran
11th July 2007, 05:15 PM
Thirumaran ! howdy ?

//Dig
I am fine. Hope u are fine too :)
Dig
//

tfmlover
11th July 2007, 05:30 PM
[tscii:c3bd526c0c]தமிழோவியம் (கட்டுரை : ஒரு அதிசயத்திற்கு வயது 90 Thanks babudi )

பசிப் பட்டினியோடு தனது தாயின் புடவைத் தலைப்பை பிடித்துக் கொண்டு இலங்கை யிலிருந்து தமிழகத்துக்கு வந்து சேர்ந்த போது அந்த குழந்தைக்கு எப்படி தெரிந்திருக்க முடியும், இதே தமிழகத்தில் பல லட்சம் குழந்தைகள் தன்னால் பசியாறப் போகிறதென்று !

வசதியான குடும்பம். தந்தை, ஸ்கூல் ஹெட்மாஸ்டர் -கம்- கவுரவ மாஜிஸ்டிரேட் உத்யோகம். ஆனால் இவன் பிறந்த வேளை, தந்தை மரணமடைந்தார். குடும்பமும் வறுமையின் பிடிக்குப் போனது. அதனால் ராசியில்லாத பிள்ளையென்று உற்றார் ஊராரின் தூற்றல். பாவம், அவர்களுக்கு அப்போது தெரிந்திருக்க நியாயமில்லை ; அதே பிள்ளையின் முகராசி பற்றியும், தொட்டதெல்லாம் பொன்னாகும் கைராசி பற்றியும்.

சின்ன வேடமாவது கிடைக்காதா என காய்ந்த வயிற்றோடு சினிமா ஸ்டூடியோ வாசல்களில் கையேந்தி நின்றவனை அடிக்காத குறையாக விரட்டியவர்கள் உண்டாம். முகவெட்டு
சரியில்லை என கேலிப் பேசி நிராகரித்தார்களாம். அவர்களுக்கு அப்போதெங்கே தெரிந்திருக்க போகிறது, பின்னாளில் இவன் தமிழ் சினிமா உலகை மட்டுமின்றி தமிழகத்தையே ஆளப் போகிறவன் என்றும்; இந்த முகம் தான் உலகத் தமிழர்களின் பூரணச் சந்திரனாக ஆகப் போகிறதென்றும் !

கெஞ்சிக் கூத்தாடி பெற்ற கதாநாயகன் வாய்ப்பு கை நழுவி போன போதெல்லாம் கதறியழுதிருக்கிறான் ; தான் தமிழகத்தின் , தமிழ் மக்களின் நெஞ்சங்களில் நிரந்திர நாயகனாகப்
போகிறோமென தெரியாமலேயே !

குடும்பச் சுமையை 7 வயதிலேயே ஏற்றிக் கொண்டவன். அதற்காக 3ம் வகுப்போடு படிப்புக்கு முழுக்கு போட்டு விட்டு நாலணா சம்பளத்துக்கு நாடகக் கம்பெனியில் சேர்ந்தான். அடி உதைபட்டான். ஒரு முறை ஒரு அஞ்சு பைசா விவகாரத்துக்காக நாடக கம்பெனியார் இந்த அப்பாவி பையனை அடித்து துவைத்து விட்டார்களாம். அவர்களுக்கு அப்போது தெரிந்திருக்க வில்லை, பின்னாளில் ' கொடுத்து கொடுத்து சிவந்த கரம் ' என்றும் ' மக்கள் திலகம் ' எனவும் மக்களால் போற்றப்படக் கூடியவனை அடித்துக் கொண்டிருக்கிறோமென !

வளர்ந்த பிறகு, சுட்டுக் கொல்லவும் பார்த்தார்கள். ஆனால் 70 வயது வரை வாழ்ந்து ராஜ மரியாதையுடன் மக்கள் வெள்ளத்தில் மிதந்தபடிதான் இறுதி ஊர்வலமாக போக வேண்டுமென்றிருக்கும் போது எந்த துப்பாக்கி தான் என்ன செய்து விட முடியும் ???

M.G.R. - இது மருதூர் கோபால மேனன் ராமச்சந்திரனின் ஆங்கிலப் பெயர் சுருக்கெழுத்து. ஆனால் இந்த அந்நிய எழுத்தையே தமிழ் பெயர்ச் சொல்லாகிய மூன்றெழுத்து மந்திரச் சொல் அது!

எம்.ஜி.ஆர்., ஒரு சுயம்பு. அரை வயிற்றுக் கஞ்சிக்காக நாடு விட்டு நாடு பஞ்சம் பிழைக்க வந்தவர். இனம், மொழி, ஜாதி என்று எந்த ஒரு பின்புல ஆதரவும் கிடையாது. படிப்பும் இல்லை. ஆனாலும் நிமிர்ந்தார். தானாகவே நடந்து.. விழுந்து.. எழுந்து...

இமய எழுச்சி தானென்றாலும், இந்த எழுச்சியை எட்ட அவர் சந்தித்த தோல்விகள், அவமானங்கள், பட்ட அடிகள் தான் ஏராளம். ஆனாலும் சோராத மனோதிடம், தெளிவான இலக்கு, அதை நோக்கி காய்களை நகர்த்திய சாமர்த்தியம், கடின உழைப்பு... இவை மட்டுமின்றி தனக்கு இயல்பாக அமைந்த பலவீனங்களையும் பலங்களாக மாற்றிக் கொண்ட சாதுரியம் ஆகியவையே அவரை கரையேற வைத்தது.

டீன்-ஏஜ் பருவத்தில் பையன்களுக்கு தொண்டை உடைந்து ( இதை ' மகரக்கட்டு ' என்பார்கள்) பிறகு சரியாகும். ஆனால் எம்.ஜி.ஆருக்கு இது முழுமையாக சீராகவில்லை. நாடகமானாலும் சினிமாவானாலும் பாட்டே பிரதானமாக அப்போதிருந்த நிலையில் , இது பெரிய பலவீனம் தான். பாடுமளவுக்கு தனக்கு குரல் வளமில்லை என்று உணர்ந்து கொண்டார் எம்.ஜி.ஆர். இந்த பலவீனத்துக்காக அவர் சோர்ந்து விடவில்லை. மாற்றாக, வாள் வீச்சு, சிலம்பம், குஸ்தி என்று வீர விளையாட்டுக் கலைகளை கற்றுக் கொண்டார். உடலை அதற்கேற்ப கட்டுமஸ்தாக வைத்துக் கொண்டார். இது சினிமாவில் அவருக்கு பெரிதும் கைகொடுத்தது. ஆரம்பத்தில் சினிமாவில் ஒதுக்கப்பட்டாலும் பின்னாளில் அவரை கவனிக்க வைத்தது. தமிழ் சினிமாவின் முழுமையான முதல் ' ஆக்ஷன் கிங்' ஆக உருவெடுக்க உதவியது. கடைசி வரை அதாவது அவரது 60வது வயதிலும் சாகச நாயகனாக ரசிகர்களை ஏற்றுக் கொள்ள செய்தது.

அடுத்து , அவரது முக அமைப்பு. முதல் படமான ' சதிலீலாவதி 'யில் (1936ல் வெளியானது) நடிக்கும் போது எம்.ஜி.ஆருக்கு வயது 19 தான். முதன்முதலாக கதாநாயகனாக 'ராஜகுமாரி' (1947) படத்தில் நடிக்கும் போது அவருக்கு வயது 30. இளவயது தான். ஆனாலும், உன்னிப்பாகப் பார்த்தால் நீள் சதுர வடிவிலான அவரது முகத்தில் அந்த வயதை மீறிய முதிர்ச்சி மெலிதாகப் படர்ந்திருப்பதை அவரது மிக ஆரம்ப கால படங்களில் காணலாம். இதற்கு, அனுபவித்த வறுமை காரணமா அல்லது பிறப்பிலேயே அப்படியா என்று தெரியவில்லை.
ஆனால் அதே முகம், அதற்கு பிறகு முதிர்ந்ததாக காணப்படவில்லை. ஆரம்பத்தில் வயதிடம் தோற்ற அந்த முகம் பின்னாளில் வயதையே தோற்கடித்தது தான் ஆச்சரியம். அதாவது தனது 45, 50 வயதிலும் எம்.ஜி.ஆரின் முகம், 30, 35 வயதைத் தான் காட்டியது. அதற்கேற்ப அவர் பராமரித்து வந்த தொந்தி தள்ளாத 'சிக்' உடற்கட்டும், துள்ளல் நடிப்பும், இளமையை வெளிப்படுத்தும் 'பாடி லேங்குவேஜ்'ம் உறுதுணையாக இருந்தன. (உதாரணத்துக்கு: 'தாழம்பூ, அன்பேவா, சந்திரோதயம், நம்நாடு ...' என்று படங்கள் பட்டியலை அடுக்கிக் கொண்டேப் போகலாம்)

அதே போல், அவரது முகம் நுணுக்கமான, நெகிழ்வான உணர்வுகளை பளீரென பிரதிபலிக்காத தன்மை கொண்ட 'Metallic' என்றும் 'தூண்' என்றும் விமர்சித்து பலர் ஆரம்ப காலத்தில் சினிமாவில் சான்ஸ் தராமல் நிராகரித்தார்களாம். இந்த பலவீனத்தையும் புரிந்துக் கொண்ட எம்.ஜிஆர்., அதற்கேற்ப மாறுபட்ட உணர்ச்சிகளை வெளிப்படுத்தும் உணர்ச்சிப்பிழம்பான கதையம்சங்களை தவிர்த்தார். தனக்கு தோதான கதாபாத்திரங்களையேத் தேர்ந்தெடுத்தார். தனக்கு பலமாக இருக்கும் சண்டைக்கலையை முழுமையாக பிரயோகித்தார். படத்தின்
திரைக்கதை, வசனம், பாடல் காட்சிகள், பட டைட்டில் போன்றவற்றிலும் கூடுதல் கவனம் செலுத்தினார். ' எம்.ஜி.ஆர். ·பார்முலா ' என தனி பாணியையே உருவாக்கினார். மாபெரும் வெற்றியும் கண்டார்.

தமிழ் சினிமாவில் ' மெலோடிராமா ' நிறைந்திருந்த காலகட்டத்தில் - அதுவும் அந்த நடிப்பில் திலகமாக போட்டி நடிகர் விளங்கிய நிலையில் இவ்வாறு வெற்றி பெறுவது சுலபமான விஷயமல்ல. ' நடிக்கவே தெரியாத நடிகன்', ' கெழட்டு நடிகன் ', ' அட்டைக் கத்தி வீரன்'.... இப்படியான கிண்டல்கள் கேலிகளுக்கு மத்தியில் சாதிக்க முடிந்ததற்கு காரணம், மைனஸ் பாயிண்ட்டுகளை ப்ளஸ் பாயிண்ட்டுகளாக மாற்ற எம்.ஜி.ஆர் காட்டிய உழைப்பும், நம்பிக்கையும், மனோ உறுதியும் தான்.

அரசியலிலும் அவர் சுலபமாக நீந்தி விடவில்லை. அரசியலில் தான் எதிர்த்து நிற்க வேண்டிய நபரின் கெட்டிக்காரத்தனத்தையும் சாணக்கியத்தனத்தையும் நன்கு அறிந்துமே துணிந்து களம் இறங்கினார் எம்ஜிஆர். மக்களின் நாடித் துடிப்பை மட்டுமின்றி தனது பலவீனத்தை அறிந்திருந்த அளவுக்கு எதிரியின் பலவீனத்தையும் நன்கு புரிந்து வைத்திருக்கும் புத்திசாலித்தனத்தால் அரசியலிலும் ஜெயித்தார் எம்ஜிஆர். உலகிலேயே, ஒரு சினிமா நடிகர் தனியாக ஒரு அரசியல் கட்சியை ஆரம்பித்து ஜெயித்து ஒரு மாநிலத்தின் முதலமைச்சராகவும் ஆகி சாதித்த முதலாமவர் என்ற பெருமையை பெற்றார்.

'அரசியல் விதூஷகன்' என்று கேலி பேசியவர்களும், 'அரிதாரம் பூசிவனெல்லாம் அரசாள முடியுமா? ' என்று கிண்டலாக கேட்டவர்களையும் கூட பின்னாளில் அவரை 'புரட்சித்தலைவர்' என்று புகழ வைத்தது அவரது வெற்றி.

அவருக்கு பிள்ளைச் செல்வம் இல்லாத குறையும் கூட அவருக்கும் அவர் மீதான 'இமேஜ்'க்கும் ஒரு வகையில் இயற்கையாகவே சாதகமாக அமைந்தது எனலாம். முதலமைச்சராக இருந்த போது அவர் மீது ஊழல் குற்றச்சாட்டுகள் எதிர்தரப்பால் அடுக்கப்பட்ட போது, "அவருக்கென்ன. பிள்ளையா குட்டியா? பிறகெதுக்கு. ஊழல் செய்து சொத்து சேர்க்க வேண்டிய அவசியமே அவருக்கில்லை. ஏழைகளுக்கு அள்ளிக் அள்ளி கொடுக்கிறவராச்சே. சும்மா சொல்றாங்க" என்று மக்கள் மன்றத்தில் புகார்கள் எடுபடாமல் போகச் செய்தது.

1967ல் சக நடிகர் ஒருவரால் எம்.ஜி.ஆர். நேருக்கு நேர் துப்பாக்கியால் சுடப்பட்டார். 1984ல் உடல் நலம் குன்றி சாவின் விளிம்பை தொட்டு வந்தார். இந்த இரண்டு நிகழ்வுகளிலுமே உயிருடன் மீண்டு , ஒரு மனிதன் ஒரே பிறவியில் மூன்று முறை பிறவி கண்ட அதிசயமாக பாமரர்கள் மத்தியில் தானொரு அபூர்வப் பிறவியாக பிரமிக்க வைத்தார் எம்.ஜி.ஆர். சாவையே தோற்கடித்த சாகச வீரனாகவும், ' தர்மம் தலைகாக்கும் ' என்கிற உபதேசத்தின் உதாரண புருஷனாகவும் அவர் சாமானிய மக்கள் மத்தியில் உலா வர, அந்த 1967, 1984 அசம்பாவிதங்களும் கூட அவருக்கு சாதகமாக அமைந்த அதிசயத்தை என்னவென்று சொல்வது !

அதே 1967ல் துப்பாக்கி குண்டு காயத்துடன் சென்னை ஆஸ்பத்திரியிலும் இருந்த போதும், 1984ல் சிறுநீரக கோளாறு அறுவை சிகிச்சைக்காக அமெரிக்க ஆஸ்பத்திரியிலும் படுத்திருந்த நிலையிலும் பிரச்சாரத்துக்கு தொகுதிக்கே போகாமல் சட்டசபைத் தேர்தலில் நின்று ஜெயித்து அரசியல் எதிரிகளை அதிர வைத்த செல்வாக்கு!

அதுமட்டுமா, மேற்குறிப்பிட்ட அவ்விரு சம்பவங்களிலும் எம்.ஜி.ஆரின் பேச்சுத் திறன் பாதிக்கப்பட்ட போதும் அவரை அவராகவே அப்படியே ஏற்று அள்ளி அரவணைத்துக் கொண்ட மக்களின் அபிமானம் !!

இப்படி ஆச்சரியம் அல்லது அதிசய நிகழ்வுகளை உள்ளடக்கிய எம்.ஜி.ஆரின் வாழ்க்கைக் காலம் மொத்தம் 70 ஆண்டுகள். அதில் சுமார் 40 ஆண்டு கால சினிமா வாழ்க்கையில் (1936- 1977) அவர் நடித்தது மொத்தமே 136 படங்கள் தான். இதன் ஊடே 1953ம் ஆண்டு எம்.ஜி.ஆர். திமுகவில் சேர்ந்தது தொடங்கி அரசியலில் முழுவீச்சில் ஈடுபட்டது (1987ல் தமிழக முதலமைச்சராக மரணமடையும் வரை) 34 ஆண்டுகள் தான்.
ஆரம்பத்தில் அவர் ஆட்சியை பிடித்த போது 'சினிமா கவர்ச்சி' என்றார்கள். இந்த மாயை சீக்கிரமே விலகி விடுமென்றார்கள். ஆனால், இன்றளவுக்கும் கணக்குப் பார்த்தால் எம்.ஜி.ஆர். சினிமாவை விட்டு விலகி சரியாக 30 ஆண்டுகள் ஆகிறது. அவ்வளவேன், அவர் மண்ணை விட்டு மறைந்தே சுமார் 20 ஆண்டுகள் ஆகி விட்டது. ஆனால் இன்றளவும் அவர் முகமும் பெயரும் தான் தமிழக அரசியலில் அசைக்க முடியாத ஓட்டு வங்கி. அவரது காலத்தில் அவருக்கு அரசியல் எதிரிகளாக இருந்தவர்களானாலும் சரி... நேற்றைக்கு புதியதாக கட்சி ஆரம்பித்தவர்களானாலும் சரி.. எம்.ஜி.ஆர். பெயரைச் சொல்லி தான் ஓட்டுகள் வாங்க முடியுமே தவிர திட்டி வாங்கிட முடியாது என்பது தான் நிகழ்கால நிதர்சனம் !

பிஞ்சு பருவத்தில், வறுமையையும் வேதனையையும் மாத்திரமே சுமந்துக் கொண்டு பிறந்த
நாட்டிலிருந்து பஞ்சம் பிழைக்க இன்னொரு நாட்டுக்கு தஞ்சம் புகுந்து ; மூச்சு முட்ட முட்டப் போராடி; அடைக்கலம் கொடுத்த நாடே உயரிய விருதையும் அளித்து கவுரவப்படுத்தும்படி உயர்ந்து வாழ்ந்து - மண்ணை விட்டும் மறைந்தும் ஏழைகளின் குடிசைகளில் இன்றளவும் சாமிப் படமாக தொங்கியிருக்கும் அந்த சாமானிய , தனி மனிதன் தனது வாழ்க்கைப் பயணத்தில், அடுத்த தலைமுறைக்கென பதிவு செய்து விட்டு சென்றுள்ள செய்தி இது தான்:-

" தோல்விகளாலும் பலவீனங்களாலும் சோர்ந்து விடக் கூடாது. அவற்றை விடா முயற்சியாலும், மனோதிடத்தாலும் பலங்களாக்கி கொள்ள வேண்டும் "

thanks

[/tscii:c3bd526c0c]

selvakumar
11th July 2007, 05:42 PM
" தோல்விகளாலும் பலவீனங்களாலும் சோர்ந்து விடக் கூடாது. அவற்றை விடா முயற்சியாலும், மனோதிடத்தாலும் பலங்களாக்கி கொள்ள வேண்டும் "

woww.. ! That is why we say it has to be TFMLOVER ! :notworthy:
I have never read such an inspiring article on a person's life ! :clap:
Thanks a TON for the wonderful update ! A gem of an article ! :notworthy:

The points that I loved in the above article :

> இப்படியான கிண்டல்கள் கேலிகளுக்கு மத்தியில் சாதிக்க முடிந்ததற்கு காரணம், மைனஸ் பாயிண்ட்டுகளை ப்ளஸ் பாயிண்ட்டுகளாக மாற்ற எம்.ஜி.ஆர் காட்டிய உழைப்பும், நம்பிக்கையும், மனோ உறுதியும் தான்.

> எம்.ஜி.ஆர்., ஒரு சுயம்பு. அரை வயிற்றுக் கஞ்சிக்காக நாடு விட்டு நாடு பஞ்சம் பிழைக்க வந்தவர். இனம், மொழி, ஜாதி என்று எந்த ஒரு பின்புல ஆதரவும் கிடையாது. படிப்பும் இல்லை. ஆனாலும் நிமிர்ந்தார். தானாகவே நடந்து.. விழுந்து.. எழுந்து...

> 'அரசியல் விதூஷகன்' என்று கேலி பேசியவர்களும், 'அரிதாரம் பூசிவனெல்லாம் அரசாள முடியுமா? ' என்று கிண்டலாக கேட்டவர்களையும் கூட பின்னாளில் அவரை 'புரட்சித்தலைவர்' என்று புகழ வைத்தது அவரது வெற்றி.

> பிஞ்சு பருவத்தில், வறுமையையும் வேதனையையும் மாத்திரமே சுமந்துக் கொண்டு பிறந்த
நாட்டிலிருந்து பஞ்சம் பிழைக்க இன்னொரு நாட்டுக்கு தஞ்சம் புகுந்து ; மூச்சு முட்ட முட்டப் போராடி; அடைக்கலம் கொடுத்த நாடே உயரிய விருதையும் அளித்து கவுரவப்படுத்தும்படி உயர்ந்து வாழ்ந்து - மண்ணை விட்டும் மறைந்தும் ஏழைகளின் குடிசைகளில் இன்றளவும் சாமிப் படமாக தொங்கியிருக்கும் அந்த சாமானிய , தனி மனிதன் தனது வாழ்க்கைப் பயணத்தில், அடுத்த தலைமுறைக்கென பதிவு செய்து விட்டு சென்றுள்ள செய்தி இது தான்:-

joe
11th July 2007, 05:49 PM
அருமையான கட்டுரை! :thumbsup:

ஆனால் ஒரு நெருடல்..ஏதோ எம்.ஜி.ஆர் இலங்கை காரர் போலவும் ,இந்தியா அவருக்கு அடைக்கலம் கொடுத்ததாகவும் குறிப்பிட்டிருப்பது சரியல்ல ..அவர் குடும்பம் ஒன்றும் தலைமுறை தலைமுறையாக இலங்கையில் இருந்ததல்ல ..மருதூர் கோபாலன் இந்தியாவை சேர்ந்தவர் தான் .பிழைப்பு தேடி இலங்கைக்கு சென்றவர் .அங்கிருக்கும் போது எம்.ஜி.ஆர் பிறந்தார் .பின்னர் அவர்கள் குடும்பம் கும்பகோணம் திரும்பியது .

எனவே எம்.ஜி.ஆர் இலங்கையில் பிறந்தாரே தவிர ,இந்திய குடும்பத்தை சார்ந்தவர் தான்.அவர் பூர்வீகம் கேரளா.

smith1
11th July 2007, 08:02 PM
U are riight, joe.

The article excellently brings out the real reason for MGR's success.

Another point is that his films always had a positive feel, it was never negative.

It is pertinent to note that a few months back, nadodi mannan was released in 3 theatres in chennai & it did very good business.

Proof to show that the MGR magic has still not waned.

Cho had written some interesting experiences he had with MGR,in thuglaq. I will share that in this forum.

smith1
11th July 2007, 08:06 PM
1 point which cho had mentioned was about MGR's remarkable memory. It seems that neelu (a cho troop member & cine artist) had come to chennai & wanted to meet MGR.

Cho took him to MGR who was shooting & introduced neelu to him. MGR told him that he knew neelu already.

To that cho replied that it ws not possible since neelu had been out of chennai for many years & had returned only that morning.

To which MGR retorted that he had met Neelu on a certain date & year in a cho play which he had come to watch. That was many years back.

Neelu & cho were astounded at his remarkable memory.

smith1
11th July 2007, 08:11 PM
Another incident was that during the shooting of adimai pen, cho fell sick & was ordered bed rest for 3 days.

Though cho insisted that he was fine after 2 says & wanted to resume shooting,MGR insisted that this be certified by the doctor without which he would not allow cho to work.

Such was his consideration for his co-stars.

While cho was sick, a few friends had come to visit them. They told him that on the way they had seen a car pass by & they thot they recognised MGR travelling in it. MGR too noticed them, stopped the car & enquired whether they were cho's friends.

He then spoke to them, took photos with them, obliged them with autographs & told them that they could & meet cho & also made arrangements for them at the shooting spot.

They were overwhelmed by this gesture & had nothing but praise for MGR till they left.

tfmlover
11th July 2007, 08:24 PM
yes joe his father மருதூர் கோபாலன் இந்தியாவை சேர்ந்தவர் தான் .பிழைப்பு தேடி இலங்கைக்கு சென்றவர் தான்
MGR was born in Navalapitiya (near kandy )
part of 'மலையகம்' known as இந்திய வம்சாவழி colony
(those poor are not srilankans in srilanka )
glad his family left that 'ceylon , poverty stricken ! was beaten to within an inch of thier life (lost one of his sib too )

tfmlover
11th July 2007, 08:43 PM
GulEbhagawaali song you requested nakeeran
watch here
http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l203/tfmlover/MGR-Gulebagavali/
regards

Nakeeran
11th July 2007, 09:49 PM
GulEbhagawaali song you requested nakeeran
watch here
http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l203/tfmlover/MGR-Gulebagavali/
regards

Neengal pallandu vaazga ! :D Engal ani thalaivar TFML avargale !! :D Nandri nandri .

Nakeeran
11th July 2007, 09:53 PM
Nobody can deny the stellar contributions of Mellisai Mannar to MGR's songs be it love duet or solo or a philosophical one or a Kolgai parappu song

SOTD is a brilliant song & a lovely orchestration

THE SITUATION :

Nadodi MGR helps a blind Sarojadevi who is recruited by Villain Nambiar to beg & get money for him.
MGR in his characteristic manner cautions Saroja devi , not to sing a song which Nambiar has injected on her as it had more of vulgar intentions. Alternatively, MGR himself comes out with a wonderful meaningful song !

Kavignar Kannadasan is outstanding as ever !

Terrific lyrics :

padum pozudhellam adhaye paadu
manam peridhenru vazum panpaadu

palaivanam endra podhum nam naadu
parai malai kooda nam ellai kodu
Aaru nilam paindhu vilayadum thottam
veerar samudhayame engal kootam

Look, how cheerfully MGR twinks his eyes when he sings >> veerar samudhayame engal koottam !

vazum kulamadhar mugam parthathillai
vanja ninaivengal manam parthadhillai
veerar nilam thanzdhu nilam parthathillai
vetri thirumadhu nadai podum ellai

Pasiendru varuvorku virundhaga marum
pagaivar mugam parthu puliyaga seerum
nilathai uyir vaithu urimai kondadum

Mellisai Mannar MSV is the real champion of electrfying tune setting !!

This song would have done wonders for Makkal thilagam for sure !

May be a propaganda song for him during elections !

Watch the wonderful song here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq6f3B76jx8

tfmlover
11th July 2007, 10:47 PM
very good one nakeeran

RajaRam
23rd July 2007, 06:05 PM
TFM அவர்களுக்கு,

தங்களின் கட்டுரை மிகவும் அருமை.

எம்.ஜி.ஆர் ரசிகனின் சார்பாக மிக்க நன்றி. :D

tfmlover
24th July 2007, 12:32 AM
TFM அவர்களுக்கு,

தங்களின் கட்டுரை மிகவும் அருமை.

எம்.ஜி.ஆர் ரசிகனின் சார்பாக மிக்க நன்றி. :D

hi RajaRam
thanks to தமிழோவியம் dear
regards

tfmlover
24th July 2007, 12:34 AM
i made this clip from one of my fav MGR movie
Sabaash MaapplE
MGR with M R Radha -MaamA MaapplE
watch : http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m88/tfmlover1/Sabaash%20MaapplE/
regards

tfmlover
25th July 2007, 09:07 AM
one song from fav Makkal Thilagam movie
'Kaanjith Thalaivan ' TMS singing Music : K V Mahadevan
Lyric : Aalangkudi sOmu

கண்கவரும் சிலையே காஞ்சி தரும் கலையே
கவி பிறவா முன் பிறந்த தமிழகத்தின் நிதியே
கண்கவரும் சிலையே !

ப*கை முடிக்க* ப*ல*வ*கையாம் ப*டைக்க*ல*ங்க*ள் மோதும்
எழில் சிலை வ*டிக்க* சிறு உளியும் இரு க*ர*மும் போதும்
ப*கை முடிக்க* ப*ல*வ*கையாம் ப*டைக்க*ல*ங்க*ள் மோதும்
எழில் சிலை வ*டிக்க* சிறு உளியும் இரு க*ர*மும் போதும்
பு(மு)கை வெடிக்கும் முறுவ*லென* பெண் இதழில் தெரிவாய்
பு(மு)கை வெடிக்கும் முறுவ*லென* பெண் இதழில் தெரிவாய்
சின*ம் மூண்டெழுந்தால் ஆண்ட*வ*ன் பேய்த்தாண்ட*வமும் புரிவாய்
தாண்ட*வமும் புரிவாய்
கண்கவரும் சிலையே !

ப*டிக்கும் முன்னே செவியினில் தேன் பாய*வ*ரும் த*மிழ் போல்
நான் நினைக்கும் முன்னே ப*ல வ*டிவாய் நெஞ்ச*மெல்லாம் நிறைவாய்
ப*டிக்கும் முன்னே செவியினில் தேன் பாய*வ*ரும் த*மிழ் போல்
நான் நினைக்கும் முன்னே ப*ல வ*டிவாய் நெஞ்ச*மெல்லாம் நிறைவாய்
என*க்கு முன்னே வாழ்ந்தவர்கள் எத்த*னையோ கோடி
என*க்கு முன்னே வாழ்ந்தவர்கள் எத்த*னையோ கோடி
அந்த* இட*ம் பெயர்ந்தார் பெருமையெல்லாம் தொட*ர்க*தை போல் த*ருவாய்

கண்கவரும் சிலையே !

watch : http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l203/tfmlover/MGR-%20Kaanjithalaivan/
MGR & Banumathi

Nakeeran
25th July 2007, 02:02 PM
Thalaivar songs normally will be very fast & razy.

However this song is probably the slowest ( after Tharai mel pirakka vaithaan ).

MGR grooming his kid & teaching him the basic disciplines in life & also wishes him to be the best ever :D

Mukkaniyil saareduthu
muthamizil then eduthu
mupaalile kalandhu
eppodhum koduthirupen

Veludukkum marabile veeram serindha mannile
paal kudikka vandhavane nadayai kaatu

varum pagaivargalai vendru vidum padayaikaattu !

Naangu pergal potravum naadu unnai vaazthavum
maanathodu vaazvadhu dhaan suyamariyaadhai !

WOnderful lyrics. Must be Kavignar Kannadasan ?

Music by the veteran great K.V.Mahadevan

A beatiful song but must have got overshadowed by the overpowering Unnai arindhaal .

Watch it here :

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FYmjO5PBQiU

Nakeeran
30th July 2007, 01:52 PM
THalaivar plays the role of a piano artist !

MGR & Vanishree love each other. JJ who is being brought up in MGR's house also loves him . Due to various compelling circumstances, MGR is forced to marry JJ. Finally JJ dies at the end giving way to MGR-VS !

The movie also has MGR doing a typical maruvesham of a kabulivahllah ( similar to Aadaludan paadalai kettu type guy )

THe movie has full of wonderful songs >>> like Paduvor padinal , miniminiyai kanmaniyai etc .

My pick today is a dream song for JJ

U will fall in love instantly as u lisetn to the song

Beautiful melody & some nice lyrics

Sirithal thangapadumai
adadaa adadaa enna pudhumai
koduthen endhan manadhai
valarthen valarthen indha uravai

mArgazhi pani pOl udai aNindhu - sem
mAdhuLam kani pOl idazh kanindhu
kArkuzhalAlae idai aLandhu - nee
kAthirundhAyO enai ninaindhu
azhagenum vadivil nilai izhandhEn - indha
ANmagan pidiyil enai maRandhEn
pazahgiyum yEnO thalai kunindhEn -inRu
paruvathin munnae mugam sivandhEn

kayal vizhi iraNdil vayal amaithu - adhil
kAdhal enRoru vidhai vidhaithu
kAlam aRindhu kadhir aRuppOmA
kAviya ulagil kudiyiruppOmA
panjaNai kaLathil poo virithu - adhil
pavaLa nilAvai alangarithu
konjidum iravai vaLarpOma - sugam
kOdi kOdiyAi kuvippOmA

The highlight of any Thalaivar movie will be the songs & picturisation. THis should should be one of the very best of MGR-JJ duets .
MSV is the undisputed king of melody. THis song is another classic example
Singers ?? whoelse other than TMS and PS madam . WOnderful combo .

http://music.cooltoad.com/music/song.php?id=260136

Nakeeran
2nd August 2007, 11:49 AM
[tscii:121583a5a3]I was looking for movies which were composed by directors other than MSV .

A 60s movie of thalaivar featuring JJ , composed by K.V.Mahadevan

The movie as usual has many lovely songs typical of MGR :

Uzaikkum kaigale uruvakkum kaigale ( TMS solo with MGR praising the virtues of hard work & also a bit of communist ideals )

Neram nalla neram – TMS & PS for MGR & JJ

Kannathil ennadi kayam TMS & PS

and few more .

My pick today is for the super hit song >>>>>> OREY MURAITHAAN UNNODU PESI PARTHEN NEE ORU THANI PIRAVI

Excellent singing by TMS & PS

Listen here :

http://www.dishant.com/jukebox.php?songid=28039

Beautiful tune & nice rhythm ! Though the ludes are repetitive, still appear good . Seems like KVM’s strengths are more on tune setting than the ludes . A veteran composer . To me, this song is o/s amongst KVM’s many for MGR movies.

A poster of the movie :

http://www.cscsarchive.org/MediaArchive/art.nsf/(docid)/AAB4485446F288E76525718B001EAF02

[/tscii:121583a5a3]

Thirumaran
2nd August 2007, 01:06 PM
Just a doubt.
Murali Sir, tfmlover, Nakeeran or any who has an idea can tell this.

What i heard is Dinathanthi used to avoid MGR movies. Till how long they were doing this? And the reason for the same?

:roll:

Nakeeran
2nd August 2007, 01:19 PM
Just a doubt.

What i heard is Dinathanthi used to avoid MGR movies. Till how long they were doing this? And the reason for the same?

One reason could be that C.P. Aditanar, the erstwhile editor of Dinathanthi was a minister of DMK cabinet then ( after MGR was suspended from DMK )
I heard that USV's ads were not published at the time of release !

groucho070
2nd August 2007, 01:31 PM
Sorry to go out of topic, but did Annamittakai have problems with productions. Somehow I have a feeling of seeing a younger, and a slighter more matured MGR in some of the scenes. Like they stopped and continued. It's quite common (Nadodi Manan is an extreme example, the colour MGR looks more plump and healthier!). Anyone?

Nakeeran
2nd August 2007, 02:18 PM
[tscii:bc6ff2cca5]http://www.techsatish.com/2007/06/mannathi-mannan-live-tamil-movie-links.html

Watch the super movie of Makkal thilagam wherein he plays the role of a prince . 2 female characters >>>> Padmini, as a classical dancer who competes with MGR but loses only to become his student to learn the art of dancing !
The other one is Anjali devi , a princess from another kingdom.

The movie has superb songs like :

ACHAM ENBADHU MADAMAIYADA >>>>>>>> one of the very best of MGR’s MOTIVATIONAL songs . Really top class stuff penned by Kavignar kannadasan. Makkal thilagam himself said once ( at the time of Kavignar’s death ) that he used to listen to this song in particular whenever he felt let down on motivation !!
Infact, this is the starting song & titles will be played when MGR sings this song while riding on a beautiful horse.

Padmini , a famous dancer, visits the kingdom of MGR & challenges everyone. Finally , MGR himself takes up the challenge & wins the duel. Soon, she becomes his student.

What follows now is a classic AADADHA MANAMUM UNDO .>>>> a carnatic base composition sung by TMS and the great carnatic singer M.L.Vasanthakumari

Another wonderful song is KANIYA KANIYA MAZALAI PESUM KANMANI between MGR and Padmini

Watch it here :

http://www.techsatish.com/2007/07/kanniya-kanniya-malalai-pesum-kanmani.html

While MGR is indulged in a big war to save the country, Padmini laments in isolation through the splendid song >>>>> KANGAL IRANDUM INGU UMMAI KANDU PESUMO ., a class song by P.S. Madam

An out of the world melody song this time for the 2 characters >>>>>>>>NEEYO NAANO YAAR NILAVE, sung by P.B.Srinivas & PS . I believe MGR wanted TMS to sing this but Mellisai Mannar was firm that only PBS should sing. What a melody it turned out to be finally !!

A movie worth watching for the scintillating songs, lovely picturisation & very matured acting by Makkal Thilagam. This movie is a wonderful album for Mellisai mannargal .... MSV-TKR

[/tscii:bc6ff2cca5]

Thirumaran
2nd August 2007, 02:28 PM
Just a doubt.

One reason could be that C.P. Aditanar, the erstwhile editor of Dinathanthi was a minister of DMK cabinet then ( after MGR was suspended from DMK )

I dont think that could be the reason :roll: I think it started well before that :roll:

Murali Srinivas
2nd August 2007, 02:34 PM
Dear Thiru,

As Nakeeran had pointed out this was after MGR was suspended from DMK. But even before that MGR had some grouses against Dina thanthi and Adhitanar ( Nakeeran, he was not the editor but the founder of DT) because it was told that he (MGR) was not happy with some things written about him/his films. So he made a movie " Chandrodhayam" which would make fun of DT and it's way of publishing news and it literally degraded DT. But this movie released in 1966 did not do well and Annadurai brokered and a temporary truce was achieved. Came 1967, MGR was shot and DMK was swept to power and the animosity was forgotten. Adhitanar wanted ministership but Annadurai made him the Speaker of the Assembly. After Annadurai's death, when Mu.Ka came to power, Adhitanar was taken in as a minister after the 1971 election victory. When MGR parted ways, Adhitanar and DT went againt him (naturally because he was a minister). Coming to USV, it was not DT which refused the ads but MGR did not want to give. There was a general perception that Film ads in DT alone would reach the people and MGR wanted to prove this wrong and he gave ads in Dinamalar which was fully supporting him at that time (why then, even now!) and also in Dinamani. But from the next film (Pattikaatu Ponniah) onwards the ads started coming in DT. But the problem of overlooking MGR and his films/ politics continued till 1976, when the DMK govt was dismissed. Later the clever businessman he is, Adhitanar shifted his loyalty towards ADMK and it is another story that he contested as an independent at Sattankulam assembly constituency in 1977 and MGR in the last minute withdrew the ADMK canditate thus by giving an indirect support but that was not enough and the Janata canditate romped home.

Groucho,

Yes. You are right. Annamitta Kai was in the making for a very long time. Started somewhere in the late 60s it could see the light only on 15th Sep 1972 and it turned out to be a disaster. It is best remembered as the last Black and White movie of MGR.

Regards

Thirumaran
2nd August 2007, 02:56 PM
Thanks Murali Sir. :)

Seems that many times DT's reviews were against MGR movies before Chandrodhayam. Is that right?

Is there any MGR movies which they were extremely +ve ?

P_R
2nd August 2007, 03:09 PM
Coming to USV, it was not DT which refused the ads but MGR did not want to give. I have heard that USV faced a lot of challenges from MGR's political opponents. The Madurai mayor challenged that it would not run in Madurai. ot only did MGR manage to release it, but I heard that the local rasigar mandram kept sending the mayor two complimentary tickets for every day.
:lol:

Near my school there was a statue of that Mayor. nalla gambeeramAna pose. I used to think of USV whenever I saw that :D

Murali Srinivas
2nd August 2007, 03:43 PM
Thiru,

I don't know about the reviews of earlier films because I myself was just a kid! But starting from Idhaya Veenai which was released on 20th Oct 1972 (ie) 10 days after MGR was suspended (or 3 days after he started ADMK), they never reviewed any MGR movie till Navarathinam (March 1977). After this there were 3 movies of MGR (I.P.E.Vaazhga, M.Nanpan & MMSP) which were reviewed by DT. ( It's sister concern Maalai Murasu started reviewing from Neethikku Thalai Vanagu itself which was the first MGR movie released after the DMK govt's dismissal).

PR,

What Muthu (popularly Madurai Muthu, who was the Mayor then) swore was the movie USV would never release and if at all it gets released he will wear a saree. So the day before the release, 10th May 1973, there was a big procession in Madurai by ADMK/MGR rasikargal and they shouted "Selai Irukku Inge, Madurai Muthu enge" . Muthu who was so vehement in opposing MGR had to eat bitter pies 10 days later also when the Dindigul by election results came out. DMK's Pon.Muthuramalingam a protege of Muthu who was fielded against the wishes of MuKa not only lost but finished third. MuKa in his statement said that that people in the official positions (Muthu was the District secretary of DMK for the undivided Madurai District) should be flexible and adhere to the advises given by the Party chieftains. Muthu's aggressiveness started coming down after this and again as history would point out he joined ADMK in 1975 end, a month before the dismissal of MuKa govt and again history records that the person who was so much hated by MGR fans after MuKa, became the first ADMK mayor of Tamilnadu in 1978. The statue near the Madura Coats and your school (Vikaasa) was put there by the group owing loyality to him. That place was known as Azhagaradi in earlier times and that was where Muthu started his political career.

Regards

smith1
2nd August 2007, 03:44 PM
I also heard that a DMK politician in madurai openly made a challenge that if USV completed 100 days, he would wear a saree.

It is another matter that he joined ADMK soon thereafter.

P_R
2nd August 2007, 04:08 PM
>digr.>Mr.MuraLi, please re-start your series soooooon.

That place was known as Azhagaradi in earlier times and that was where Muthu started his political career. Yeah, I have seen a small wayside temple on Jail Road known as the Azhagar Paadham. It just has an impression of two feet (I guess Azhagar's thiruvadi). Tough to notice , as it is the plenty of temples on that road. <<end digr.<<

S.Balaji
2nd August 2007, 04:18 PM
[tscii:c816718c37]Vanakkam Murali Srinivas Anna

Reentering Pon manachemmal’s thread after a long time !

The Madurai Muthu’s episode reveals 2 startling facts :

a. Makkal thilagam’s undeniable charisma ! Even his rivals, be it political or cinema , they all became friends / allies ! This man’s greatness is immeasurable
b. When he takes up something as a challenge, he never gives up ! He sees to it that the task is completed with success

Pls write more about that Madurai Muthu. I have also heard about him that he was quite notoriously popular in Madurai
[/tscii:c816718c37]

S.Balaji
2nd August 2007, 04:21 PM
Dear Nakeeran

Mannadhi mannan is a top class movie & one of the best of MSV-TKR era in the early 60s !

All songs are real gems that even today one can be heard especially the song Acham enbadhu madamaiada !

Vanzdhavar kodi maraindhavar kodi makkalin manadhil nirpavar yaar ??

Simple, its a song which will befit MGR the most !

S.Balaji
2nd August 2007, 04:32 PM
A Handful Of Piano Picks - Song 6
Ram

For all Makkal thilagam fans & his movie music lovers, wish to post a superb writeup in another website dedicated to MSV below . It was written by Mr. Ram, a moderator of MSV times.com :

http://www.msvtimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=815

"தைரியமாகச் சொல் நீ"

படம்: ஒளி விளக்கு (1968)

"A Handful Of Piano Picks" தொடரில் இதுவரை அலசப்பட்ட பாடல்கள் ஒவ்வொன்றும் ஒவ்வொறு ரகம். "என்னைத் தெரியுமா", "காற்று வந்தால்", "வண்ணக்கிளி", "ஓ லிட்டில் ஃப்ளவர்", "நான் நன்றி சொல்வேன்", இப்போது "தைரியமாக சொல் நீ" - ஒவ்வொறு பாடலும் இசையின் ஒவ்வொறு கோணத்தைக் காட்டுவதாகும். ஆனால் அனைத்துக்கும் உள்ள ஒற்றுமைகள் இரண்டு - 1. மூன்று மாத்திரைகள் கொண்ட திஸ்ரம் எனப்படும் தாள நடையில் அமைக்கப்பட்ட பியானோ பாடல்கள் 2.எம்.எஸ்.வி எனும் இசையரசனின் மனமயக்கும் மெலடி.

இப்போது நம் எம்.எஸ்.வி "க்ளப்" இல் பலர் தம் உள்ளம் கவர்ந்த பியானோ பாடல்களை "A Handful Of Piano Picks" தலைப்பில் குறிப்பிடத் தொடங்கியிருப்பது மிகவும் மகிழ்ச்சி அளிக்கும் விஷயம். எம்.எஸ்.வி யின் பியானோ பாடல்கள் எந்த அளவிற்கு ரசிகர்கள் மனத்தில் தாக்கத்தை ஏற்படுத்தியிருக்கிறது என்பதற்கு இது எடுத்துக்குக் காட்டு. MSVTIMES முக்கியக் குழுவின் ஒருவரான வைத்தி அவர்களின் "MY PIANO MAN" தொகுப்பு, பியானோ ரசனைக்கு ஒரு முத்தாய்ப்பு !

எந்த சூழலுக்குப் பாட்டமைப்பதாயினும் ஒரு நிறைவும் முழுமையும் கொண்ட பாடலை மட்டுமே வழங்குபவர் இசைப் புதல்வர் - மெல்லிசை மன்னர் - எம்.எஸ்.விஸ்வநாதன். இக்கருத்தை எம்.எஸ்.வி தீவிர ரசிகர் ஒருவர் மிக அழகாக வெளிப்பௌத்தினார் - "எம்.எஸ்.வி Folk Music போட்டாலும் அது 'Rich'ஆக இருக்கும்" என்று. ஆணித்தனமான கருத்து. குடிபோதை சூழலில் ஒரு சோகப்பாடலுக்கு பிரம்மாண்டமான ஆர்கஸ்ட்ரேஷனுடன் அமைந்த அருமையான பியானோ மெலடியை யாரேனும் கற்பனையாவது செய்து பார்க்க முடியுமா? என்று வினவினால், "கற்பனை என்னடா... இதோ செய்தே காட்டுகிறேன் பார்" என்பதைப்போல் உருவாக்கப்பட்ட ஒரு அற்புத பியானோ பாடல்தான் "தைரியமாகச் சொல் நீ மனிதன் தானா?"

முன்னிசையில் Brass Section னுடன் ஒருசேர்ந்து துவங்கும் String Section போதே பாடலின் உணர்வு உணர்த்தப்பட்டுவிடும். இவற்றுடன் இடையே குழப்பத்தை உணர்த்துவது போல் குழல். இது போன்ற குழலை வேறு சில சோகப் பாடல்களிலும் காணலாம் - "நெஞ்சம் மறப்பதில்லை" (சோகப் பாடல்), "மயக்கமா கலக்காமா" - போன்றவற்றில். இதே குழல் பல பாடல்களில் வேறு ரூபங்களில் இயங்கியிருப்பதையும் இனிதே காணலாம். "சித்திரை மாதம் பௌர்ணமி நேரம்", "திருப்பதி மலையில் ஏறுகிறாய்" (வாழ்வு என் பக்கம்) போன்ற பாடல்களில் ரயிலின் விசிலுக்கு ஏற்றாற்போல் வரும் குழல். "அவள் மெல்ல சிரித்தாள்" பாடலில் நஞ்சுண்டைய்யா விளையாடியிருக்கும் அற்புத குழலிடையிசை. இப்படிச் சொல்லிக்கொண்டே போகலாம்.

Strings சுகமாக எடுத்துக் கொடுக்க, TMS அவர்கள் தனது கம்பீரக்குரலில் வாலியின் பல்லவியைத் தொடங்குவார். பியானோ ரிதம் பின்னணியில் ஆரம்பிக்க...

"தைரியமாகச் சொல் நீ மனிதன் தானா?
மனிதன் தானா?"

(பின்னணியில் அமைதி)

"இல்லை"

இந்த "இல்லை" மெதுவாகக் கூறப்படுவதுபோல் இருந்தாலும் அதில் கதாப்பாத்திரத்தின் இறுக்கம் நிறைந்து கிடப்பதை நன்கு பார்க்கலாம்.

"உள்ளுணர்வை இசையால் வெளிக்கொணரும் திறன் மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் சிறப்பு" என்பது தமிழ் நெஞ்சங்கள் அனைத்தும் அறிந்த உண்மை!

"நீதான்..ஒரு மிருகம்
இந்த மதுவில் விழும் நேரம்"

இடை இடையே வந்து நிறப்பும் Strings இல் ஒரு தனி சுகம்!

திடேரென்று வித்தியாசமான பாதையில் வயலின் அருமையாகக் கொண்டு செல்ல...

"மனமும்...
நல்ல குணமும் (இங்கு ஒரு சின்ன Variation ஐ ரசிக்கலாம்)
உன் நினைவை விட்டு விலகும்"

டிரம்ஸ் அழுத்தமான தீர்மானத்திற்கு வரும். மீண்டும்..

"நீதான்..ஒரு மிருகம்...." எனும் போது பியானோ மீண்டும் துவங்கும். இவ்வரி முடிய, இடையிசை தொடங்கும்.

இடையிசை வருவதற்கு முன்னே பாடலில் எவ்வளவு சிறப்புகள் தனித்தனியே ரசிக்க வேண்டியனவாய் உள்ளது! TMS வாயிலாக சங்கதி ("உன் நினைவை விட்டு விலகும்") எனும் போது, பக்க பலமாக ஒவ்வொறு வரிக்கிடையே வரும் வயலின்கள், நடுநடுவே அமைதி காத்து இயங்கும் பியானோ-டிரம்ஸ் ரிதம் - இப்படி தனித்தனியே செதுக்கப்பட்ட இசை. இது அனைத்தையும் ஒருவராக எவ்வாறு கற்பனை செய்தார்? எப்படி அனைத்து கலைஞர்களுக்கும் தான் நினைத்தை உணரவைத்தார்? வாழ்க்கை முழுதும் எண்ணி வியக்க வேண்டிய வினாக்கள்!

இடையிசையின் போது பியானோ நிறுத்தப்பட்டு பாங்கூஸ் பிரதானமாக வரும். சரணம்...

"மானைப்போல் மானம் என்றாய்" என்று துவங்கையில் தோலக் ரித்திற்குச் சேர்வது மிக அழகு.

"வேங்கை போல் வீரம் என்றாய் - அறிவில்
உயர்வாக சொல்லிக் கொண்டாய்"

பின்னணியில் மீண்டும் அமைதி.

"மதுவால்... விலங்கினும் கீழாய் நின்றாய்"... எனும் போது பியானோ ரிதம் மீண்டும் துவங்கும்.

"விஸ்வநாதா.... நீ எவ்வாறு இப்படி ஜீவ நதிகள் போல் பாடல்களை இசைத்தாய்?" என்று கேட்க முனைவாள் இசைத்தாய்!

"இல்லை.... இவன் இசைக் கடவுள்!" என்று பதில் தெரிந்தும் அவள் மெல்லிசை மன்னரிடம் கேட்க விரும்பும் மற்றொரு கேள்வி...

"தைரியமாகச் சொல் நீ மனிதன் தானா?"

(தொடரும்)

One thing which is enlightening to me is the message that MGR gives . Dont drink .........
SUch important advices , he knew very well that one can communicate & will have maximum reach only through the powerful medium of cinema & thats what precisely he achieved in life ! :D

Thirumaran
2nd August 2007, 04:53 PM
>digr.>Mr.MuraLi, please re-start your series soooooon.

I second this.

Thanks Murali Sir for the info's. :)

mr_karthik
5th August 2007, 02:27 PM
Dear Thiru,

As Nakeeran had pointed out this was after MGR was suspended from DMK. But even before that MGR had some grouses against Dina thanthi and Adhitanar ( Nakeeran, he was not the editor but the founder of DT) because it was told that he (MGR) was not happy with some things written about him/his films. So he made a movie " Chandrodhayam" which would make fun of DT and it's way of publishing news and it literally degraded DT. But this movie released in 1966 did not do well and Annadurai brokered and a temporary truce was achieved. Came 1967, MGR was shot and DMK was swept to power and the animosity was forgotten.
Dear Thirumaran...

Beofre 1967, Dhinathandhi was attacking not only MGR, but the whole DMK party. Because at that time Adhithanar was running a party which named 'Naam Thamizhar Katchi'. It was against DMK and attacking all leaders including MGR and Karunanidhi. Thatswhy MGR insisted G.N.Velumani to take the movie Chandrodhayam, and showed M.R.Radha as Adhithanar.

But in 1967, Annadurai found, the only way to defeat Congress is to unite all parties under one umbrella and make a 'kootani'. So he approached Communists, Adhithanar, Ma.Po.Si (Thamizharasu kazhagam), Muslim League etc. and made a kootani and won the election.

After the election, Adhithanar dissolved his party and merged with DMK. So MGR became 'nallavar' for Dhinathandhi.

mr_karthik
5th August 2007, 02:38 PM
Velli nilaa mutrathile ( Vettai karan )

However this song is probably the slowest ( after Tharai mel pirakka vaithaan ).

Dear Nakeeran..

Did you never heared the following songs...?. they also slow

'chella kiliyE mella pEsu' (Petraalthaan piLLaiyaa)

'naan paadum paadal nalamaaga vEndum' (naan yEn pirandhEn)

and
'pallaakku vaanga pOnEn' (Panakkaara kudumbam)

tfmlover
6th August 2007, 09:55 AM
another MGR's strong suit + powerful lyric song
with radically different instrumental and vocal at a very slow tempo
i post that song
regards

Nakeeran
6th August 2007, 09:56 AM
i post that song
regards

Guest its Tharai mel pirakka vaithaan ! :D

or

Iravu padagan oruvan vandhaan

Nakeeran
6th August 2007, 09:58 AM
Velli nilaa mutrathile ( Vettai karan )

Dear Nakeeran..

Did you never heared the following songs...?. they also slow

'chella kiliyE mella pEsu' (Petraalthaan piLLaiyaa)

'naan paadum paadal nalamaaga vEndum' (naan yEn pirandhEn)

and
'pallaakku vaanga pOnEn' (Panakkaara kudumbam)

Karthik

I have posted Chelalkiliye mella pesu in MSV thread as well as this thread also :D One of my favourites

joe
6th August 2007, 10:15 AM
Murali sir,
Thanks for the clear insight on Madurai Muthu incident,though I know already. :)

Nakeeran
6th August 2007, 10:19 AM
[tscii:bf5797738e]http://www.musicindiaonline.com/p/x/UU3gonM6-S.As1NMvHdW/

Sung by KJY & PS for the movie Oorukku uzaippavan , a mid 70s movie . By this time, the focus was more on politics as thalaivar was above 55 ++ . Another shortcoming was the vocals which got severely impaired after the bullet injury sustained.
But all these factors didn’t stop the melody content of his songs ! Also, Mellisai Mannar was at his usual ever best . Its heard that during phase, MGR was giving more chances to KJY & was promoting him to the frontline ..

Azagenum oviyam inge
Unnai ezudhiya ravivarman enge
Ilayakiya kaviyam inge

Nice song , looks more classical

Until his last movie, the songs were always pleasing :D
[/tscii:bf5797738e]

joe
6th August 2007, 10:20 AM
Azagenum oviyam inge
Unnai ezudhiya ravivarman enge
Ilayakiya kaviyam inge

What a song :D

smith1
6th August 2007, 12:43 PM
After TMS had a tiff with MGR, yesudass & balasubramaniam sang many of his songs.

tfmlover
6th August 2007, 12:49 PM
i post that song
regards

Guest its Tharai mel pirakka vaithaan ! :D

or

Iravu padagan oruvan vandhaan

yes nakeeran
Iravup Paadagan slower
mine earlier one , more like 'MGR brand '

joe
6th August 2007, 12:53 PM
'Intha Pachai Kilikkoru' also a slow song.

tfmlover
6th August 2007, 12:53 PM
song comes twice , can watch both here
http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l203/tfmlover/ThozhilAli-MGR/

Movie : Thozhilaali (1965)
Singer : TMS
Music : K V MahadEvan

ஆண்டவன் உலகத்தின் முதலாளி
அவனுக்கு நான் ஒரு தொழிலாளி
அன்னை உலகின் மடியின் மேலே
அனைவரும் எனது கூட்டாளி
ஆண்டவன் உலகத்தின் முதலாளி..

இருப்பதைக் கொண்டு சிறப்புடன் வாழும்
இலக்கணம் படித்தவன் தொழிலாளி
உருக்கு போன்ற தன் கரத்தையே நம்பி
ஓங்கி நிற்பவன் தொழிலாளி

கல்லைக் கனியாக மாற்றும் தொழிலாளி
கவனம் ஒரு நாள் திரும்பும்
அதில் நல்லவர் வாழும் புதிய சமுதாயம்
நிச்சயம் ஒரு நாள் அரும்பும்
வாழ்க்கை என்றொரு பயணத்திலே
பலர் வருவார் போவார் பூமியிலே
வானத்து சிலராய் சிலர் இருப்பார்
அந்த வரிசையில் முதல்வன் தொழிலாளி

அனைவரும் எனது கூட்டாளி

regards

mr_karthik
6th August 2007, 01:05 PM
Until his last movie, the songs were always pleasing :D
[/tscii]

Can you spell a hit song from 'Navarathinam'?.

Nakeeran
6th August 2007, 01:06 PM
'Intha Pachai Kilikkoru' also a slow song.

Joe sir

Beautiful pick ! :D

The most captivating lines :

Endha kuzandhayum nalla kuzandhai dhaan mannil pirakkayile
pin naalavar aavadhum theeyavar aavadhum annai valarpadhile !!

My God . Wonderful lyrics :shock: :D :D

smith1
6th August 2007, 01:07 PM
His last film "madurai meetta sundara pabndiyan" had a beautiful siong "thendralil aadum koondalai kandein" sung by yesudass.

Nakeeran
6th August 2007, 01:09 PM

அனைவரும் எனது கூட்டாளி

உருக்கு போன்ற தன் கரத்தையே நம்பி
ஓங்கி நிற்பவன் தொழிலாளி

அதில் நல்லவர் வாழும் புதிய சமுதாயம்
நிச்சயம் ஒரு நாள் அரும்பும்
வானத்து சிலராய் சிலர் இருப்பார்
அந்த வரிசையில் முதல்வன் தொழிலாளி

அனைவரும் எனது கூட்டாளி

regards

Oh dear dear ! Missed out on this beautiful melody ! Thanks a ton for posting. :D :thumbsup:

Nakeeran
6th August 2007, 01:10 PM
His last film "madurai meetta sundara pabndiyan" had a beautiful siong "thendralil aadum koondalai kandein" sung by yesudass.

Besides, another song >>>>> Amudha thamizil ezudhum kavithai ! top class song :notworthy:

joe
6th August 2007, 01:14 PM

Isn't it "தென்றலில் ஆடும் பூந்தளிர் கண்டேன்" :roll:

mr_karthik
6th August 2007, 01:17 PM

Oh... it was by Alangudi Somu...?.
Till now I was thinking it was by Kannadasan.
Because kannadasan used to write for Devar Films.

mr_karthik
6th August 2007, 01:23 PM

Besides, another song >>>>> Amudha thamizil ezudhum kavithai ! top class song :notworthy:

'Amudha thamizhil' was sung by Jayachandran, not by Yesudoss.

'Thendralil aadum' by yesudoss.

tfmlover
6th August 2007, 10:10 PM

Oh... it was by Alangudi Somu...?.
Till now I was thinking it was by Kannadasan.
Because kannadasan used to write for Devar Films.

NO Kannadasan songs in Thozhilaali
couple of songs by Alangudi Somu
Maayavanathan wrote 'Enna koduppaai
then 'Kalai vandha vidham kElu kannE by koothanpoondi Sundharam
regards

tfmlover
6th August 2007, 10:21 PM
i seldom watch tamil movies
last week while flipping channels found KTV showing classic B&W ,
just got hooked up , my love for the old , especially the songs
watched NT Sivaji Ganesan's Punar Jenmam ' fully . adadaa !
today - 'En Thangai ' -MGR , Sakkarapaani ...and E V Saroja (her debut)
will watch :) better screening than my VCD DVD...whatever

sriranga
6th August 2007, 10:30 PM

Padmini looked very beautiful, probably at her best, in this movie.

tfmlover
8th August 2007, 10:57 AM

Padmini looked very beautiful, probably at her best, in this movie.

yes she looked very beautiful in this and in few more too dear
regards

tfmlover
8th August 2007, 11:00 AM
Seergazhi S. Govindarajan had sung more than 1,000 devotional bhakthi songs just under MD T R Pappa alone
and this song for Makkal Thilagam MGR one of his special favor among his landmark songs

Movie : Nallavan Vaazvaan
Singer : Seergaazhi Govindarajan
Music: T R Paapa
Lyric: Aathmanathan

ஆண்டவன் ஒருவன் இருக்கின்றான்
அவன் அன்பு மனங்களில் சிரிக்கின்றான்!

அன்பு மனங்களில் சிரிக்கின்றான்
அவன் அன்பு மனங்களில் சிரிக்கின்றான்

வேண்டுதல் வேண்டாமை அற்ற மெய்ச்சுடராய்
விளக்கிட முடியாத தத்துவப் பொருளாய்
வேண்டுதல் வேண்டாமை அற்ற மெய்ச்சுடராய்
விளக்கிட முடியாத தத்துவப் பொருளாய்

ந*ல்லவர் போல் வெளி வேஷங்கள் அணிந்து
நடிப்பவர் நடுவில் இருப்பத்திலை
ந*ல்லவர் போல் வெளி வேஷங்கள் அணிந்து
நடிப்பவர் நடுவில் இருப்பத்திலை
நாணயத்தோடு நல்லறம் காத்து
நடப்பவர் தம்மை மறப்பதில்லை

தன்மானம் காப்பதிலே அன்னை தந்தையை பணிவதிலே
தன்மானம் காப்பதிலே அன்னை தந்தையை பணிவதிலே
பிறந்த பொன்னாட்டின் நல்ல முன்னேற்றம்
காண பொதுப்பணி புரிபவர் மகிழ்ச்சியிலே

சத்தியத்தின் எல்லையிலே உயர் சமரச நெறிகளிலே
ஆஆஆஆஆ...ஆஆஆஆ...ஆஆஆ
சத்தியத்தின் எல்லையிலே உயர் சமரச நெறிகளிலே
அன்பின் சக்தியிலே தேசபக்தியிலே
உண்மை சமத்துவம் காட்டும் சன்மார்க்கத்திலே

ஆண்டவன் ஒருவன் இருக்கின்றான் !

watch : http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l203/tfmlover/MGR-Nallavan%20Vaazvaan/
Makkal Thilagam MGR

mgb
8th August 2007, 11:10 AM

Isn't it "தென்றலில் ஆடும் பூந்தளிர் கண்டேன்" :roll:it is "koondhal" only.. avaludaya koondhal, mazhai konda megam pol irukkiradhu.. that is dark n dense.. poonthalirai appadi solla mudiyaadhe :)

joe
8th August 2007, 11:28 AM

Isn't it "தென்றலில் ஆடும் பூந்தளிர் கண்டேன்" :roll:it is "koondhal" only.. avaludaya koondhal, mazhai konda megam pol irukkiradhu.. that is dark n dense.. poonthalirai appadi solla mudiyaadhe :)

அதுவும் சரி தான் .நன்றி! :D

tfmlover
8th August 2007, 06:10 PM
another song from Nallavan Vaazvaan
duet SRG with PS
i believe this must be Vaali's first song in TFM ,
and its for Makkal Thilagam MGR !

Movie : Nallavan Vaazvaan
Singer : PS with SRG
Music: T R Paapa
Lyric: Vaali

சிரிக்கின்றாள் இன்று சிரிக்கின்றாள்
சிந்திய கண்ணீர் மாறியதாலே

அன்புத் திருமுகம் காணாமல் நான்
துன்பக் கடலில் நீந்தி வந்தேன்
காலப்புயலில் அணையாமல் நெஞ்சில்
காதல் விளைக்கை ஏந்தி வந்தேன்
உதய சூரியன் எதிரில் இருக்கையில்
உள்ளத்தாமரை மலராதோ ?
உள்ளத்தாமரை மலராதோ
எதையும் தாங்கும் இதயம் இருந்தால்
இருண்ட பொழுதும் புலராதோ ?
இருண்ட பொழுதும் புலராதோ

தேன் மலராடும் மீன் விளையாடும்
அருவியின் அழகைப் பாரீரோ !
நான் வரவில்லை என்பதனால் உன்
மீன் விழி சிந்திய கண்ணீரோ !
மலர் மழை போலே மேனியின் மேலே
குளிர் நீரலைகள் கொஞ்சிடுதே
தளிர்ப் பூங்கொடியைத் தழுவி இருந்தே
குளிர் காய்ந்திடவே கெஞ்சிடுதே
குளிர் காய்ந்திடவே கெஞ்சிடுதே

சிரிக்கின்றோம் இன்று சிரிக்கின்றோம்
சிரிக்கின்றோம் இன்று சிரிக்கின்றோம்

watch : http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l203/tfmlover/MGR-Nallavan%20Vaazvaan/

Makkal Thilgam MGR & Rajasulotchana

Nakeeran
9th August 2007, 08:47 AM
TFML dear

Thanks for the 2 songs . I have never heard !

Interesting to note that TRpapa is the composer !

tfmlover
9th August 2007, 09:03 AM
TFML dear

Thanks for the 2 songs . I have never heard !

Interesting to note that TRpapa is the composer !

nakeeran hi
T R Paapa and SRG sErnthaa paattu varum !
saami paattu varum
MGR padathilum adhu varum
i have tapes of SRG speaking about his association / friendship with Makkal Thilagam MGR , will post
regards

Nakeeran
11th August 2007, 10:23 AM
The magnificent success of Yaadon Ki Barath created waves in tamilnadu also I was told. Even MGR was tempted to go for a remake & it became NALAI NAMADHE !

2 aspects I could imagine >>> MGR was concentrating more on politics . Besides, he didn’t get some good themes to his liking & hence might have played safe by remaking a super hit hindi movie

Interestingly, USV was also released during this period & there must have been race between 2 movies but this NN is no match for USV . Wonder how MGR released 2 movies in short span bcaz keeping a gap between 2 movies has been his strategy always .

Anyways , the movie fell short of expectations bcaz the hindi movie was superbly performed by Dharmendra , Tariq and Vijay Arora.

MGR, though he played Dharmendra’s role, also went for another character as the senior guy didn’t have the typical MGR role nor the love songs. So, apparently, he took another role also ! though one must admit that he was well above that age group. See the video & u will realize what I say.

The songs of YB were superhits & hence must have been a real challenge for MSV but true to his class & greatness, he came out with some outstanding songs with wonderful orchestration. All were original tunes & equally matches with YB.

Today’s SOTD is one of my evergreen MGR-MSV comination songs .

Interestingly, MGR has used Jesudas as he must have realized now that TMS is ageing & he needed a youthful voice for love duets ( but he continued to TMS for kolgai songs is another matter ).

The PS-KJY combined duet is a real beauty of a song >>> the tune is scintillatingly set with nice , pleasing lude arrangement.

KJY's youthful voice is well matched by the golden voice of PS

Kanavu en vandhadhu
kadhal thaan vandhadhu
paruvam polladhadhu
pallikolladhadhu

Melodious song !

Watch the beautiful song here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuQOcRuQ-vs&NR=1

Murali Srinivas
11th August 2007, 04:49 PM
Nakeeran,

Wonder where you got the info that USV and NN were released within a short gap of each other. USV was released on 11.05.1973 and NN came on 04.07.1975. A clear 2 year gap. Probably you confused with Ninaithathai Mudippavan which came to theatres on 09.05.1975.

Actually when Sethumadhavan the Malayalam director took up the direction of NN, the star cast was different. Sivakumar was taken in for Vijay Arora's role and Kamal, the blue eyed boy of Sethumadhavan (untill they fell out during Nammavar) was to play the role of Tariq. MGR was Dharmendra. But MGR refused to play ball and SM had no other go but to cast MGR in double role. Tariq role was a charming youthful one and therefore it was decided that some dummy should be cast. So Chandramohan was imported from Tollywood and the movie started rolling. Well you know the end product and the result.

Regards

RajaRam
11th August 2007, 08:41 PM
See MGR craze even now and MGR BOX OFFICE report in Madurai.

http://www.mgrroop.blogspot.com/

RajaRam
11th August 2007, 09:00 PM
WATCH BEST EVER TAMIL COMMERCIAL MOVIE.

ULAGAM SUTRUM VAALIBAN

http://www.it-nudpam.com/index.php?option=com_joomlaboard&Itemid=39&func=view&catid=21&id=759

saradhaa_sn
12th August 2007, 07:04 PM
The magnificent success of Yaadon Ki Barath created waves in tamilnadu also I was told. Even MGR was tempted to go for a remake & it became NALAI NAMADHE !

Interestingly, USV was also released during this period & there must have been race between 2 movies but this NN is no match for USV . Wonder how MGR released 2 movies in short span bcaz keeping a gap between 2 movies has been his strategy always .

Dear Nakeeran...

As Murali said there is a big gap of USV and NN for 26 months, and in between the gap the following movies of MGR have been released. (this list was prepared by an ardant fan of MGR)

121. Ulagam Suttrum Vaalipan (1973)/ M.G.R.Pictures, MGR
122. Paddikaatu Ponnaiah (1973)/ Vasanth Pictures, B.S.Ranga
123. Netru Inru Naalai (1974)/ Amalraj Films, P.Neelakandan
124. Urimai Kural (1974)/ Chitrayuka, Sreedhar
125. Siriththu Vaazhavendum (1974)/ Uthayam Productions, S.S.Balan
126. Ninaithathai Mudippavan (1975)/ Oriental Pictures, P.Neelakandan
127. Naalai Namathe (1975)/ Gajendra Films, K.S.Sedhumadavan

selvakumar
16th August 2007, 09:14 AM
Sixty successful men and women of India (http://www.naachgaana.com/2007/08/11/sixty-successful-men-and-women-of-india/)
Deccan Chornicle

MGR:
In his journey from an actor to the chief minister of Tamil Nadu, he acquired a cult following and a temple was devoted to him in Chennai.

Nakeeran
16th August 2007, 09:19 AM
Sixty successful men and women of India (http://www.naachgaana.com/2007/08/11/sixty-successful-men-and-women-of-india/)
Deccan Chornicle

MGR:
In his journey from an actor to the chief minister of Tamil Nadu, he acquired a cult following and a temple was devoted to him in Chennai.

U know MGR stopped acting as Jesus for one such similar reason. I believe , his photo as Jesus was found in one prayer room & felt toally embarrassed & immediately asked for cancelling the movie !
Not sure .

The greatness of MGR is that he always knew what his fans will think about him ! :D

Nakeeran
16th August 2007, 09:32 AM
As we celebrate our 60 years of independence, IMO, no other movie song could have stimulated the impact this following song had :

நாடு அதை நாடு
அதை நாடாவிட்டால் ஏது வீடு
பாடும் பொழுதெல்லாம் அதையே பாடு
மானம் பெரிதென்று வாழும் பண்பாடு

பாலைவனம் என்ற போதும் நம்நாடு
பாறை மலை கூட நம் எல்லைகோடு
ஆறு நிலம் பாய்ந்து விளையாடும் தோட்டம்
வீர சமுதாயமே எங்கள் கூட்டம்

வானம் குலமாதர் முகம் பார்த்ததில்லை
வஞ்ச நினைவெங்கள் மனம் பார்த்ததில்லை
வீர*ர் விழி தாழ்ந்து நில*ம் பார்த்த*தில்லை
வெற்றித் திருமாது ந*டை போடும் எல்லை

ப*சியென்று வ*ருவோர்க்கு உண*வாக* மாறும்
ப*கைவ*ர் முக*ம் பார்த்து புலியாக* சீறும்
நில*த்தில் உயிர் வைத்து உரிமை கொண்டாடும்
எதிர்த்து வருவோரை உரமாக* போடும்

===============================================

Naadu adhai Naadu
adhai naadaa vittaal Ethu Veedu
paadum pozhuthellaam adhaiyE paadu
maanam perithendru vaazum pannpaadu
Naadu adhai Naadu

Paalaivanam endra pOthum nam Naadu
paarai malai kooda nam ellaik kOdu
Aaru nilam paainthu vizhaiyadum thOttam
veera samuthaayamE engal Koottam
Naadu adhai Naadu

Vaanam kulamaathar mugam paarththathillai
vanja ninaivengal manam paarththathillai
veerar vizhi thaaznthu nilam paarththathillai
vetri thirumaadhu nadai pOdum ellai
Naadu adhai Naadu

Pasiyendru varuvOrkku virunthaaga maarum
pagaivar mugam paarththu puliyaaga seerum
nilaththil uyir vaiththu urimai kondaadum
edhirthu varuvOrai uramaaga pOdum

Lyris : courtesy TFML dhost :D

Written by Kavignar Kannadasan . Vow. wonderful lyrics !

Sung by Makkal thilagam in Nadodi along with Saroja Devi

While SD tries to sing a song which has vulgar meanings ( unknowingly ) , Thalaivar stops that singing & instead asks her to sing this beautiful song with harmonium on hand !

SIMPLY INCOMPARABLE SONG

It has been MGR's main agenda to give some good, thought provoking, sensible messages to younger generation & children & this song stands supreme

A nice movie with wonderful songs by Mellisai Mannar 8-)

Nakeeran
16th August 2007, 09:37 AM
Watch the powerful song Naadu adhai naadu here :

http://www.techsatish.com/2007/03/naadu-athai-naadu-nadodi-tamil-movie.html

tfmlover
17th August 2007, 10:35 PM
Thalaivan ! mentioned here , must be S.M.Subbiah Naidu's (NaadOdi Mannan MD ) last movie for Makkal Thilagam MGR
one enlightening TMS solo prompted !
Thalaivan 'with his indelible personation

Movie : Thalaivan
TMS for Makkal Thilagam MGR
Music: S.M.Subbiah Naidu

அறிவுக்கு வேலை கொடு
பகுத்தறிவுக்கு வேலை கொடு
அறிவுக்கு வேலை கொடு
பகுத்தறிவுக்கு வேலை கொடு
மூட*ப் ப*ழ*க்க*த்தை விட்டு விடு
காலம் மாறுது கருத்தும் மாறுது
நாமும் மாற* வேண்டும்
ந*ம்மால் நாடும் மாற* வேண்டும்
அறிவுக்கு வேலை கொடு
பகுத்தறிவுக்கு வேலை கொடு

ஒன்பது வாசல் வைத்தே
உடம்பெனும் கோட்டையை கட்டி வைத்தான்
அந்த கோட்டைக்கு விளக்காக
அறிவெனும் தீபத்தை ஏற்றி வைத்தான்
ஒன்பது வாசல் வைத்தே
உடம்பெனும் கோட்டையை கட்டி வைத்தான்
அந்த கோட்டைக்கு விளக்காக
அறிவெனும் தீபத்தை ஏற்றி வைத்தான்
ஆகாத வழக்கமெல்லாம்
அறிவுக்கு பொருந்தாத பழக்கமெல்லாம்
ஆக்கத்தை கெடுத்து வைக்கும்
மனிதனின் அழிவுக்கு வழி வகுக்கும்
ஆக்கத்தை கெடுத்து வைக்கும்
மனிதனின் அழிவுக்கு வழி வகுக்கும்
அறிவுக்கு வேலை கொடு
பகுத்தறிவுக்கு வேலை கொடு

ம*ண்வெட்டி கையில் எடுப்பார்
சில*பேர் ம*ற்ற*வ*ர்க்கு குழி ப*றிப்பார்
அது த*ன்ப*க்க*ம் பார்த்திருக்கும்
என்ப*தை தான*றிய* ம*ற*ந்திருப்பார்
ம*ண்வெட்டி கையில் எடுப்பார்
சில*பேர் ம*ற்ற*வ*ர்க்கு குழி ப*றிப்பார்
அது த*ன்ப*க்க*ம் பார்த்திருக்கும்
என்ப*தை தான*றி ம*ற*ந்திருப்பார்
ப*ந்தெடுத்து விட்டு எறிந்தால்
சுவ*ர் மேல் ப*ட்ட*து போல் திரும்பி வ*ரும்
ப*ந்தெடுத்து விட்டு எறிந்தால்
சுவ*ர் மேல் ப*ட்ட*து போல் திரும்பி வ*ரும்
இந்த* த*த்துவ*த்தை தான*றிந்தால்
பிறர்க்கு தீங்கு செய்ய* எண்ண*ம் வ*ருமோ
இந்த* த*த்துவ*த்தை தான*றிந்தால்
பிறர்க்கு தீங்கு செய்ய* எண்ண*ம் வ*ருமோ

அறிவுக்கு வேலை கொடு
பகுத்தறிவுக்கு வேலை கொடு
அறிவுக்கு வேலை கொடு
பகுத்தறிவுக்கு வேலை கொடு
மூட*ப் ப*ழ*க்க*த்தை விட்டு விடு
காலம் மாறுது கருத்தும் மாறுது
நாமும் மாற* வேண்டும்
ந*ம்மால் நாடும் மாற* வேண்டும்
அறிவுக்கு வேலை கொடு
பகுத்தறிவுக்கு வேலை கொடு
regards

joe
17th August 2007, 10:48 PM
tfmlover,
Great Lyrics ..Surprised to see it is Vaali ..It has shades of Pattukkottai. :)

joe
17th August 2007, 11:56 PM
Tfmlover sir,

சிலர் குடிப்பது போலே நடிப்பார்
சிலர் நடிப்பது போலே குடிப்பார்
சிலர் பாட்டில் மயங்குவார்
சிலர் பாட்டிலில் மயங்குவார்.

What movie this song is from?

rajeshkrv
18th August 2007, 01:05 AM
tfmlover,
Great Lyrics ..Surprised to see it is Vaali ..It has shades of Pattukkottai. Smile

joe,

it's surprising to see a statement like this..

do you say vaali never wrote songs like this.

There are many songs like this he wrote for M.G.R

tfmlover
18th August 2007, 02:55 AM
tfmlover,
Great Lyrics ..Surprised to see it is Vaali ..It has shades of Pattukkottai. :)

yes joe ! P(a)attukkOtai kind song but 100 % Vaali
P(a)attukkOtai advice king of TFM !
sad to know 'Kalyaanasundharam had chronical ear infection , he neglected always
(malignant otitis externa kind ) followed by severe conditions
( due to diabetic too ) also with severe migraine !
sad he died at very a tender age !
how unfortunate TFM !

tfmlover
18th August 2007, 02:59 AM
Tfmlover sir,

சிலர் பாட்டிலில் மயங்குவார்.

What movie this song is from?

wonderful song Joe !
MSV TMS LRE

'கவிஞன் பாடிய காவியம் படித்தால்
போதை வ*ரவில்லையா ?
கல்லினில் வடித்த சிலைகளைப் பார்த்தால்
மயக்கம் தரவில்லையா?
எதிலே இல்லை யாரிடம் இல்லை
எவர் இதை மறந்து விட்டார் ?
'இருப்பது சில நாள் அனுபவிப்போமே
எதுதான் குறைந்துவிடும் ?
same coherent logic kannadasan who penned the above
composed the following too , responding to his own previous haze
amazing pen ! its for MGR's 'SangE Muzangku' movie

சிலர் bottleலில் மயங்குவார் !

மதுவுக்கு ஏது ரகசியம் ?
அந்த மயக்கத்தில் எல்லாம் அவசரம்
மதுவில் விழுந்தவன் வார்த்தையை
மறுநாள் கேட்பது அவசியம் !
அவர் இவர் எனும் மொழி
அவன் இவன் என வருமே
நாணமில்லை வெட்கமில்லை
போதை ஏறும் போது
ந*ல்ல*வ*னும் தீய*வ*னே
கோப்பை ஏந்தும் போது
சிலர் bottleலில் மயங்குவார்

புகழிலும் போதை இல்லையோ
பிள்ளை மழலையில் போதை இல்லையோ
காதலில் போதை இல்லையோ
நெஞ்சின் கருணையில் போதை இல்லையோ
மனம் மதி அறம் நெறி தரும் சுகம்
மது தருமோ ?

நீ நினைக்கும் போதை வரும் நன்மை செய்து பாரு
நிம்மதியை தேடி நின்றால் உண்மை சொல்லிப் பாரு !
சிலர் bottleலில் மயங்குவார் !

regards

tfmlover
18th August 2007, 07:01 AM
one lovely duet from Thalaivan '
artistic stanzas , soothing music and voice
young SPB's tone and voice modulation is quite different from
his early songs in this one i feel , attempting to match the ripe .
creative picturization too !

Movie : Thalaivan
Music: S.M.Subbiah Naidu

நீராழி மண்டபத்தில்
நீராழி மண்டபத்தில் தென்றல் நீந்தி வரும் நள்ளிரவில்
தலைவன் வாராமல் காத்திருந்தாள்
பெண்ணொருத்தி விழிமலர் பூத்திருந்தாள்

நாடாளும் மன்னவனின்
நாடாளும் மன்னவனின் இதய வீடாளும் பெண்ணரசி
தனிமை தாளமல் தவித்திருந்தாள்
மன்னன் கை தொடும்போது தலை குனிந்தாள்

வாடையிலே வாழை இலை குனியும்
வாடையிலே வாழை இலை குனியும் - கரை
வருகையிலே பொங்கும் அலை குனியும்
காதலிலே பெண்மை தலை குனியும்
காதலிலே பெண்மை தலை குனியும் - இடம்
கொடுப்பதற்கே நாணம் தடை விதிக்கும்
பெண்ணிலவு அங்கே நாணுவதைக் கண்டு
பெண்ணிலவு அங்கே நாணுவதைக் கண்டு
வெண்ணிலவு முகிலில் போய் மறைய
வெண்ணிலவு முகிலில் போய் மறைய
காதலனும் நல்ல வேளை கண்டான் - அவள்
பூ முகத்தில் முத்தம் நூறு கொண்டான்
நீராழி...

தேனளந்தே இதழ் திறந்திருக்க - அதைத்
தான் அளந்தே மன்னன் சுவைத்திருக்க
தேனளந்தே இதழ் திறந்திருக்க - அதைத்
தான் அளந்தே மன்னன் சுவைத்திருக்க
போய் மறைந்த நிலவும் முகிழ் கிழிக்க* -வந்து
வாய் நிறைய* அவர்க்கு வாழ்த்துரைக்க
பேரளவில் இருவர் என்றிருக்க - சுகம்
பெருவதிலே ஒன்றாய் இணைந்திருக்க
கீழ்த்திசையில் கதிர் தோன்றும் வரை - அங்கு
பொழிந்ததெல்லாம் இன்ப காதல் மழை

நீராழி மண்டபத்தில்
நீராழி மண்டபத்தில் தென்றல் நீந்தி வரும் நள்ளிரவில்
தலைவன் வாராமல் காத்திருந்தாள்
பெண்ணொருத்தி விழிமலர் பூத்திருந்தாள் !

2 songs from Thalaivan
http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l203/tfmlover/MGR-Thalaivan/
Makkal Thilgam MGR & Vaanisri

joe
18th August 2007, 11:57 AM
tfmlover,
Great Lyrics ..Surprised to see it is Vaali ..It has shades of Pattukkottai. Smile

joe,

it's surprising to see a statement like this..

do you say vaali never wrote songs like this.

There are many songs like this he wrote for M.G.R

I do know Vaali has written many KOLGAI paadalgal for MGR icluding 'Koduthathellam kodyththaan' ..But this song lyrics looks more closer to Pattukottai kalyana sundaram communist brand.

Kreedam
18th August 2007, 07:20 PM
Guys i saw a banner near gemini flyover in chennai with MGR in some price dress ands then besie same MGR morphed into some modern action hollywood hero style with lines

"apoludhu MGR meendum pirandhal..."

Whats it all about? Any new effort in graphic film making :?

tfmlover
20th August 2007, 10:10 AM
Kaviyarasu Kannadasan tells :

சினிமாவில் காட்சி கதையின் அமைப்பிற்காக மக்கள் திலகம் MGR க்கு பாட்டு எழுதினேன்
அதுவே பிற்காலத்தில் ஒரு காலகட்டத்தில் அவர் வாழ்விலே மறுக்க முடியாத
ஒரு தத்துவமாக ஒரு உன்னத யதார்த்த உதாரணமாக அமையும் என்று
நான் கனவிலும் எண்ணியதில்லை
இந்து ம*தத்தின் நான்கு ம*றைக*ளை அரசியல் க*ட்சியமைப்புக*ள்
ஏள*ன*மாக எள்ளி ந*கையாடிய* அந்த* கால*க*ட்ட*த்தில் கூட* மிக* தைரிய*மாக*
அவ*ற்றை உய*ர்த்திப் பேசுவ*தற்கு ஒரு ச*ந்த*ர்ப்ப*மாக இந்த*ப்பாடலை துணிச்சலுடன்
அவர் ப*ய*ன்ப*டுத்திக் கொண்டமை கூட ஒரு புர*ட்சியயென்றே சொல்ல* வேண்டும்
அவ*ருக்காக* நிறைய* எழுதியிருக்கிறேன்
ஆனால் இந்த*ப் பாட*லுக்கு த*னிப்பெருமை
'கூட இருந்தே குழி பறித்தாலும்
கொடுத்தது காத்து நிற்கும்
தர்மம் தலை காக்கும்
தக்க சமயத்தில் உயிர் காக்கும் என்று எழுதினேன்
நான்கு மறைகள் பொய்ப்பதில்லை
தர்மத்தின் மீது அவ*ர் வைத்த ந*ம்பிக்கை பொய்க்க*வில்லை
இந்த பாமரன் வாக்கு உட்ப*ட* !

This is the song :

Movie : Dharmam Thalai Kaakum
Lyric: Kannadasan
Music: K V MahadEvan

தர்மம் தலை காக்கும்
தக்க சமயத்தில் உயிர் காக்கும்
தர்மம் தலை காக்கும்
கூட இருந்தே குழி பறித்தாலும்
கொடுத்தது காத்து நிற்கும் ம்ம்ம்ம்ம்ம்
செய்த தர்மம் தலை காக்கும்

மலை போலே வரும் சோதனை யாவும்
பனி போல் நீங்கி விடும்
மலை போலே வரும் சோதனை யாவும்
பனி போல் நீங்கி விடும்
நம்மை வாழ விடாதவர் வந்து நம் வாசலில்
வணங்கிட வைத்து விடும்
நம்மை வாழ விடாதவர் வந்து நம் வாசலில்
வணங்கிட வைத்து விடும்

அள்ளி அள்ளி கொடுப்பவர் நெஞ்சம்
ஆனந்த பூந்தோப்பு
அள்ளி அள்ளி கொடுப்பவர் நெஞ்சம்
ஆனந்த பூந்தோப்பு
வாழ்வில் நல்லவர் என்றும் கெடுவ*தில்லை
இது நான்கு மறை தீர்ப்பு !
வாழ்வில் நல்லவர் என்றும் கெடுவ*தில்லை
இது நான்கு மறை தீர்ப்பு !

என்றும் தர்மம் தலை காக்கும்
கொடுத்தது காத்து நிற்கும் ம்ம்ம்ம்ம்ம்
தக்க சமயத்தில் உயிர் காக்கும் !

watch : http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l203/tfmlover/Dharmam%20Thalai%20Kaakkum/
Makkal Thilagam MGR , Sarojadevi

Nakeeran
20th August 2007, 10:22 AM
புரட்ச்சித் தலைவர் ! பொன்மனச் செம்மல் !
இப்படி சொல்லிக் கொண்டே போகலாம் !
அவருக்கு எத்தனை பட்டங்கள் கொடுத்தாலும் தகும் .
அப்படிப்பட்ட புரட்சித் தலைவர் அவர்களும் நானும்
சிறு வயது கொண்டே ஒன்றாக வாழ்ந்தவர்கள்
ஒன்றாக உண்டவர்கள் .
அவர் இல்லாமல் நான் உண்ண மாட்டேன்
நானில்லாமல் அவர் உண்ண மாட்டார் !
காலத்தின் கோலம் ! அரசியல் என்ற அரக்கன்
எங்களை இரு முனையிலே தள்ளினாலும்
நாங்கள் எங்கிருந்தாலும் சகோதரர்களாக வாழ்ந்தவர்கள்
உலகத்திலேயே கலையுலகத்தை சேர்ந்த ஒரு மாபெரும் நடிகர்
இப்படி தனக்கென்று ஒரு கட்சியை ஆரம்பித்து , சிறந்த ஒரு அரசியல்வாதியாக திகழ்ந்து ,
இவ்வளவு மாபெரும் கூட்டத்தை தன்பக்கம் இழுத்தவர்கள்
இந்த உலகத்தில் யாருமே இருக்க முடியாது !
அப்பப்பா !! எவ்வளவு சிறப்பான வாழ்க்கை !!
வாழ்க்கை அமைந்தால் எம் ஜி ஆரைப் (MGR)போல் அமைய வேண்டும் !!
இனி ஒவ்வொரு குழந்தையும் எம் ஜி ஆரைப் (MGR) போலத்தான் வாழ்க்கையை
அமைத்துக் கொள்ள் வேண்டும் என்று சொன்னால் அது மிகையாகாது !
அப்படிபட்ட ஒரு ஆலவிருட்ச்சம் !
அந்த விருட்ச்சத்திலே ஆயிரம் ஆயிரம் பறவைகள் கூடுகட்டிக் கொண்டிருக்கின்றன !
அந்த விருட்ச்சத்தை நம்பி கோடான கோடி மக்கள் காத்துக் கொண்டிருக்கிறார்கள் !
அப்படிபட்ட தன்னலம் கருதாத அந்த பொன்மனச்செம்மல்
நம்மை விட்டுப் பிரிந்தது அடடா !! சொல்ல முடியாத நட்டமப்பா !
ஒரு பெரிய ஆலவிருட்ச்சம் விழுந்து விட்டது
கலை உலகத்துக்கு மட்டுமல்ல அரசியல் உலகத்திற்கு மட்டுமல்ல
இந்த நாட்டிலே இருக்கின்ற கோடான கோடி ஏழை ஹரிஜன மக்களுக்கெல்லாம் பெரிய இழப்பப்பா ! பெரிய இழப்பு !
அதைப்பற்றி நாம் என சொல்ல வேண்டும் ?
அவரைச் சேர்ந்தவர்கள் , அவருடைய தொண்டர்கள்
அவர் விட்டுசென்ற வேலைகளை தங்களின் உயிரினும் மேலாகக் கருதி
அவர் செய்யக் காத்திருந்த கடைமைகளை செய்ய வேண்டும் என்று
சொல்லிக் கொள்வதிலே நான் , நானும் அவர்களுடன் சேர்ந்து கடமைபட்டிருக்கிறேன் , பொருப்பிலே இருக்கிறேன் என்று கூறி
அவருடைய ஆத்மா சாந்தியடைந்து அவருடைய புகழ்
உலகமெல்லாம் பரவ எல்லாம் வல்ல அன்னை பராசக்க்தியை வேண்டுகிறேன்
வாழ்க அவருடைய ஆத்மா !

Earlier, I posted the above wordings & asked everyone to guess . Its none other than the GREAT NADIGAR THILAGAM SHIVAJI GANESAN who made this speech on our thalaivar. If the 2 really had such rivalry or enmity AT PERSONAL LEVEL, definitely NT would not have spoken such words which must have come spontaneously from his heart .
This itself is enough for us . We are not bothered about lesser mortals who call themselves as fans of a particular person but actually are real fanatics .

Hats off to you Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji Sir.