PDA

View Full Version : ||Rajinikanth+shankar->Athiradee|| The music of Shivaji

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Yathu
29th June 2007, 07:17 PM
for me its the boss track...
its rockin completely...

Yeah the boss track aswel!

But ARR could have used it more in the film. They only used the "Vaada Vaada Vangikoda....etc" bit. He should've used the "thik thik, thik thik" bit aswel! Or even the whole song!

thineshan54321
29th June 2007, 07:25 PM
for me its the boss track...
its rockin completely...

Yeah the boss track aswel!

But ARR could have used it more in the film. They only used the "Vaada Vaada Vangikoda....etc" bit. He should've used the "thik thik, thik thik" bit aswel! Or even the whole song!

I think ARR did a wonderful job with the instruments to match the fight scene.

m_23_bayarea
29th June 2007, 07:40 PM
After watching the movie, the song that im listening to the most is :swinghead: Vaaji Vaaji :swinghead: . Can't get enough of this song now!

This was my fave song when i first listened to the album, then i forgot about it for a while. Now its my fave all over again!

Which song are you guys listening to the most from the album after watching the movie?

From the time the album was released to watchin it three times in theatre.... It's VAAJI VAAJI!

* Excellent tune!

* Continuous foot-tapping beats!

* AMAZING picturization!

One of the most beautiful songs, ever! :P :P :P

Yathu
29th June 2007, 08:06 PM
After watching the movie, the song that im listening to the most is :swinghead: Vaaji Vaaji :swinghead: . Can't get enough of this song now!

This was my fave song when i first listened to the album, then i forgot about it for a while. Now its my fave all over again!

Which song are you guys listening to the most from the album after watching the movie?

From the time the album was released to watchin it three times in theatre.... It's VAAJI VAAJI!

* Excellent tune!

* Continuous foot-tapping beats!

* AMAZING picturization!

One of the most beautiful songs, ever! :P :P :P

:yes: :exactly:

prasana84
30th June 2007, 07:13 PM
All the songs r awesome sahana, athiradi, style, vaji vaji. master piece frm our king a.r.rahman. ballelaka song is nice bt im nt happy with the picturisation. bgm first i though not upto a.r.r standard the second time i felt its nice.
dono y a.r.rahman songs r nt nice 2 hear 4 the first time the slowly picks up. Thats the magic of our thala.

thineshan54321
30th June 2007, 08:46 PM
All the songs r awesome sahana, athiradi, style, vaji vaji. master piece frm our king a.r.rahman. ballelaka song is nice bt im nt happy with the picturisation. bgm first i though not upto a.r.r standard the second time i felt its nice.
dono y a.r.rahman songs r nt nice 2 hear 4 the first time the slowly picks up. Thats the magic of our thala.

But thats a bad thing too prasana. Fans who know about this will take some time with his music, but average people have to be forced to listen to it many times untill that magic happens when they really enjoy the songs. Thats why ARR needs good directors like Shankar or great actors like Rajini, Kamal to force the average people to listen to his music. When that happens, all the songs become a raging hit and the album becomes a national anthem.

prasana84
1st July 2007, 12:47 AM
Hi thineshan ppl r not ready 2 accept new sounds its takes sometime for them 2 understand. Bcoz the creater is Genius. But gud music will surely come out even it does not involve great ppl. But takes more time 2 becum a hit.

dinesh2002
1st July 2007, 06:32 AM
Hi thineshan ppl r not ready 2 accept new sounds its takes sometime for them 2 understand. Bcoz the creater is Genius. But gud music will surely come out even it does not involve great ppl. But takes more time 2 becum a hit.

true... a very good example is Style... when im walking on the streets, whenever an indian car passes by, i hear Style's Beats from thier audio system.... awesome man...!! it takes time to appriciate something new..... :thumbsup:

thineshan54321
1st July 2007, 09:00 AM

true... a very good example is Style... when im walking on the streets, whenever an indian car passes by, i hear Style's Beats from thier audio system.... awesome man...!! it takes time to appriciate something new..... :thumbsup:

agree with u prasana and dinesh. similiar thing happened to me dinesh. i think i already wrote about it, but repeatu, its worth it: after watching sivaji, i was browsing and all of a sudden very faintly, i heard style beats. The beats are truly a trademark, its a very simply beat but it is really good. Anyways, i heard this beat, i thought maybe the beats from the theatre is still echoing but to my awe it was style song being played across the street. :) and two days ago i heard balleleikka being played very loudly and proudly in a foreign street such as mine. ARR always makes us proud. :)

prasana84
1st July 2007, 03:43 PM
Finally the songs becam big hit thats enough. The credit goes 2 a.r.rahman.

prasana84
2nd July 2007, 01:09 AM
Personally sahana is my fav although athiradi,style rocks sahana wil be the evergreen song even vaaji vaaji is kool.

thineshan54321
2nd July 2007, 08:03 AM
Personally sahana is my fav although athiradi,style rocks sahana wil be the evergreen song even vaaji vaaji is kool.

ya i always start off with that song whenever i start listening to music. i love the beats in that song, accompanies the beautiful melody very nicely.

villan007
3rd July 2007, 02:20 AM
Sivaji BGM

http://rapidshare.com/files/38777402/Themes.rar.html

The entire Zip contains

1. Trailor music
2. Vadda Vadda Music
3. Summan Backgroud Music
4. Pannienga Kootama Than varum , Singam single than varum.
5. Mottai Rajini Background.
6. Perra kettala summa authrithala

nandri thalaiva 8-)

mottai boss BGM and athiradi humming bit rendum kalakudhu 8-)

Ramakrishna
7th July 2007, 08:50 PM
Mottai boss rap
http://www.filefactory.com/dlf/f/87949b/b/4/h/575e9b0c1d325f59/j/97682

dinesh2002
9th July 2007, 06:35 PM
hahaha.... wanted to share this with u guys...

last sunday i went to the wet market, so across the market, there was this shoplots, and one of it was a indian cash & carry which also has audio shop within it, so i heard a faint beats, it was from the song Athiradee - Sivaji..and yea,i was enjoying it while mom went to buy chicken :P... then there was maby indonesian workers around me, and when they song finished, 1 guy was whistling the song & 1 guy was humming it ... they were practically enjoy the song...then yea,the shop went on playing all the Sivaji songs, and people who passed by [chinese peeps], some stood & waited untill the song finished & then they went [for Vaaji Vaaji & Style]..... Rahman's power!!!!!

and yea, we had canteen day last sat, iny my old scool, now im in a diff scool...yea... haha...ok...so they played Malay,Chinese, English & Tamil songs... Tamil songs they played UU's June Poonal, PKMC's Unnakul Naan, & Sivaji's Style... yea... i was late, probably they played more tamil songs b4 i was there, but yea, the whole scool was in shock when Style song was played, they were confused, whether was it a tamil song or not :lol:, one of my malay fren asked me " ini lagu tamil ka...dah shok dah" - wat it meant was "is this tamil song, its very good now..."

great times !! :)

prasana84
9th July 2007, 11:06 PM

last sunday i went to the wet market, so across the market, there was this shoplots, and one of it was a indian cash & carry which also has audio shop within it, so i heard a faint beats, it was from the song Athiradee - Sivaji..and yea,i was enjoying it while mom went to buy chicken :P... then there was maby indonesian workers around me, and when they song finished, 1 guy was whistling the song & 1 guy was humming it ... they were practically enjoy the song...then yea,the shop went on playing all the Sivaji songs, and people who passed by [chinese peeps], some stood & waited untill the song finished & then they went [for Vaaji Vaaji & Style]..... Rahman's power!!!!!

and yea, we had canteen day last sat, iny my old scool, now im in a diff scool...yea... haha...ok...so they played Malay,Chinese, English & Tamil songs... Tamil songs they played UU's June Poonal, PKMC's Unnakul Naan, & Sivaji's Style... yea... i was late, probably they played more tamil songs b4 i was there, but yea, the whole scool was in shock when Style song was played, they were confused, whether was it a tamil song or not :lol:, one of my malay fren asked me " ini lagu tamil ka...dah shok dah" - wat it meant was "is this tamil song, its very good now..."

woww nice 2 hear the reach of tamil songs all over the world

rayan36
10th July 2007, 02:53 PM

COOL............this explaines all the degressions (that was said to be) against ARR

dinesh2002
10th July 2007, 05:50 PM
Another thing happened today in class, the Malay gang in my history class asked us the indians whether we watched Sivaji the boss already or not ! was shocked... then we said yea...then the whole gang [around 4-5 guys] said they watched the movie twice...they were raving and cheering SIVAJI THE BOSS, and they end up singging Athiradee song :lol: .... goodness...check out wut Sivaji has done man!!! AWESOME!!!! mind u guys they r not Tamil move fans and they r doing this....just AWESOME!!! :clap:

july
10th July 2007, 06:03 PM
Another thing happened today in class, the Malay gang in my history class asked us the indians whether we watched Sivaji the boss already or not ! was shocked... then we said yea...then the whole gang [around 4-5 guys] said they watched the movie twice...they were raving and cheering SIVAJI THE BOSS, and they end up singging Athiradee song :lol: .... goodness...check out wut Sivaji has done man!!! AWESOME!!!! mind u guys they r not Tamil move fans and they r doing this....just AWESOME!!! :clap:

Cool...
NST come with special report about Sivaji, the reporter say its grossed RM 7 Million, straight away climb on TOP malaysia box office, the reporter say even the last Malay movie considered Box Office is "Jangan Pandang Belakang" which just gross RM 6.7 Million. but they quit shock to see Tamil movie collect that much of money within a month, even Hindi movie doesnt get that figure...the reporter say if consider numbers of tamil people in malaysia , it cant reach RM 7 Million, finally that reporter come to conclusion that not only Tamil people watch the movie...BUT Malay & Chinese watch it as well... so that help the movie to reach highest collection within a month.
Sivaji is FIRST International Blockbuster Tamil Movie.

*FYI the reporter is Malay Guy.

8-)

thineshan54321
11th July 2007, 01:16 AM
a sincere request to someone who lives in chennai. can u inquire when sivaji 5.1 retail audio will release? its about time they release it. its almost a month since the release.

A.ANAND
11th July 2007, 11:03 AM
Another thing happened today in class, the Malay gang in my history class asked us the indians whether we watched Sivaji the boss already or not ! was shocked... then we said yea...then the whole gang [around 4-5 guys] said they watched the movie twice...they were raving and cheering SIVAJI THE BOSS, and they end up singging Athiradee song :lol: .... goodness...check out wut Sivaji has done man!!! AWESOME!!!! mind u guys they r not Tamil move fans and they r doing this....just AWESOME!!! :clap: dinesh, itha vechu comedy kimidy ethum pannalaye!!! :lol: :lol: unmaiya irutha santhosam :D

dinesh2002
11th July 2007, 11:07 AM
Another thing happened today in class, the Malay gang in my history class asked us the indians whether we watched Sivaji the boss already or not ! was shocked... then we said yea...then the whole gang [around 4-5 guys] said they watched the movie twice...they were raving and cheering SIVAJI THE BOSS, and they end up singging Athiradee song :lol: .... goodness...check out wut Sivaji has done man!!! AWESOME!!!! mind u guys they r not Tamil move fans and they r doing this....just AWESOME!!! :clap: dinesh, itha vechu comedy kimidy ethum pannalaye!!! :lol: :lol: unmaiya irutha santhosam :D

100% Unmai... 8-)

A.ANAND
11th July 2007, 11:59 AM
namma thalaivar songs patti ethavathu comment pannangala dinesh???

dinesh2002
11th July 2007, 01:23 PM
namma thalaivar songs patti ethavathu comment pannangala dinesh???

nope...but the thoroughly enjoyed the songs & singging Athiradee the whole day... hahahah.... guess thats already a good sign about the songs :) :thumbsup:

thineshan54321
11th July 2007, 07:42 PM
after 3 months of its release sivaji songs remain the most requested online (remember raaga doesnt have sivaji which means even raaga users listen to musicindiaonline): http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/ut/s/tamil/20/

thats a very good sign guys

dinesh2002
12th July 2007, 05:41 AM
[tscii:6de655744a]
after 3 months of its release sivaji songs remain the most requested online (remember raaga doesnt have sivaji which means even raaga users listen to musicindiaonline): http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/ut/s/tamil/20/

but here at these websites, Sivaji songs r pushed to number 3 :

http://www.buzz18.com/features/music/rahmans-got-competition-at-home/2942/0
The top five albums in Tamil Nadu are:

1. Kireedam by GV Prakash
2. Satham Podaathay by Yuvan Shankar Raja
3. Sivaji by AR Rahman
4. Unnale Unnale by Harris Jayaraj
5. Chennai 600028 by Yuvan Shankar Raja

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-slide-shows/movie-1/top-ten-songs/tamil-cinema-topten-song-sivaji.html

Album: Sivaji

Song: Athiradee

Music director: A.R.Rahman

Singer(s): A.R.Rahman, Sayanora

Finally…the album that defied audio black marketing and went on to create history, descends from the top spot after nearly 3 months. This song, yet another foot thumper from Rahman, has all the more catapulted to legendary status, courtesy the spectacular video. Rahman’s vocal and Rajini’s charisma need a mention too.

:roll:[/tscii:6de655744a]

bingleguy
12th July 2007, 05:46 AM
The piece of drums - tat sounds like a cane hit .... which appears during the fight on top of the godown - when Rajini challenges TOP 10 rowdies .....

similar music i ve heard in the Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon movie fights ..... the beats were very similar ... namba thamizh movie la nalla eduthirukku ... still it seemed a heard music ....

anoops
12th July 2007, 07:47 AM
[tscii:a7ccd5bb72]

3. Sivaji by AR Rahman

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-slide-shows/movie-1/top-ten-songs/tamil-cinema-topten-song-sivaji.html

Finally…the album that defied audio black marketing and went on to create history, descends from the top spot after nearly 3 months. This song, yet another foot thumper from Rahman, has all the more catapulted to legendary status, courtesy the spectacular video. Rahman’s vocal and Rajini’s charisma need a mention too.

:roll:
i heard kreedom thrice now and except for the melody song akkam pakkam and the violin interlude in the theme music everything is a dejavu feeling..infact a STRONG ONE ... the music is average IMO. haven't heard Satham Podadhey yet... i guess those ratings are based on tone downloads and cassette sales etc .. and obviously for new movies coming in, these ought to be more... its defnly gonna change with time[/tscii:a7ccd5bb72]

thineshan54321
12th July 2007, 08:04 AM
i agree its never the total number of sales for audio, its rather the number of sales over a period and all albums start fresh every month or week or w/e

i like kireedom only because it reminds me (strongly inspired from rahman): listen to the beats and the chorus in akam pakkam and it sounds just like puthu vellai malai. listen to kaneer the beats sound like poongatrile and the prelude sounds like evano oruvan. next vizhiyil's interludes the violins and everything sound really inspired from rahman.

even if sivaji is in 3rd, its been 3 months now. we should be glad it sustained number one position for 3 months. i want to know how good the audio sales were. is it a record? in terms of total sales

anoops i agree with u entirely. when ppl go to music stores they will be appealed by new albums, so its natural that even if the album is crap it will be number one. if it sustains in number one position then we know the album is good and that ppl r buying because its good. the first week itself ppl just buy it because its new without knowing its good or not so it tells nothing.
btw i was expecting a lot from GV prakash... i wanted him to create fresh never before heard music but he is more like HJ. He is talented but he is constrained by ARR's style (its irrestible ofcourse)

i know YSR has a unique style but i cant stand his style. the only songs i like from him are from kadhal kondein and 7g but both r copied (courtesy itwofs karthik) :lol: . i cant stand his melodies at all: for example loosu pennae (what is that?) but i am glad he stays away from the rahman aurora, its hard to do! i would just like to point out that the director of satham podathey (music by YSR) vasanth, is the director of rhythm. who could forget that album? now try comparing that album with this one :lol: i am not comparing just pointing things out. :(

[tscii:f5b02b7d37]

3. Sivaji by AR Rahman

:roll:
i heard kreedom thrice now and except for the melody song akkam pakkam and the violin interlude in the theme music everything is a dejavu feeling..infact a STRONG ONE ... the music is average IMO. haven't heard Satham Podadhey yet... i guess those ratings are based on tone downloads and cassette sales etc .. and obviously for new movies coming in, these ought to be more... its defnly gonna change with time[/tscii:f5b02b7d37]

coucou
12th July 2007, 09:09 PM
[tscii:32651b9a00]

3. Sivaji by AR Rahman

:roll:[/tscii:32651b9a00]

:roll: SOK has got more success even the movie is a flop!!

app_engine
13th July 2007, 02:55 AM
Related to Sivaji but digression for music:

http://dinamalar.com/2007july13/vikatan.asp

This was my only 'nerudal' in an otherwise excellent entertainer...esp. showing person of a particular community collecting the currency for hawala...That part is a big minus for Shankar...hmmm..Gnani sometimes talks sense also...

End-Digression

anoops
13th July 2007, 07:14 AM
awesome songs -- munbae vaa and newyork nagaram (stupid picturisation) -- Rahman rocked in that film!! too sad the movie cudnt do well inspite of that

anoops
13th July 2007, 07:21 AM
Related to Sivaji but digression for music:

http://dinamalar.com/2007july13/vikatan.asp

This was my only 'nerudal' in an otherwise excellent entertainer...esp. showing person of a particular community collecting the currency for hawala...That part is a big minus for Shankar...hmmm..Gnani sometimes talks sense also...

End-Digression

cud post it in sivaji thread... jus as an answer, i dont understand why it cant be shown as that religion esp when it was a lot of those religion which was involved in that... its not a generalisation mind it... there are all religion people shown for corruption also no one bothered abt that...

MusicIsLife
14th July 2007, 12:52 AM
Sometimes some stuff seriously affects sentiments. this is one among them, just respect it and accept it. no arguments, I had same feelings towards some jokes as racist, but others did not feel it that way. (though there was no logic in the way it was pictuarized).

People will have opinions, just take it as it is.

I am not going to start ne war here, but just wanted to point out.

thineshan54321
14th July 2007, 05:54 AM
hi guys, sorry to post such an offtopic post: does anyone know where I can get 5.1 retail DTS audio CDs in chennai? please let me know soon... thx

littlemaster1982
14th July 2007, 09:36 AM
Thineshan,

You can try in Landmark and Music World, Spencers, Chennai. :D

anoops
14th July 2007, 01:17 PM
Sometimes some stuff seriously affects sentiments. this is one among them, just respect it and accept it. no arguments, I had same feelings towards some jokes as racist, but others did not feel it that way. (though there was no logic in the way it was pictuarized).

People will have opinions, just take it as it is.

I am not going to start ne war here, but just wanted to point out.

yeah true!! i too found that coloring thing absurd :(

thineshan54321
14th July 2007, 07:43 PM
Thineshan,

hey thank you so much, is there a site or something so i can look up the prices? my uncle is gone to India so I have to give him exact details. thx

united07
15th July 2007, 09:42 PM
Guys! You know what!

Last weekend, I was travelling into Malaysia from Singapore with my girlfriend. We were carrying a few items she bought from India recently.

So as we expected the Customs Office in Malaysian Immigration Office stopped us and enquired us about the stuffs. Thanks to my ability to verse very well in Malay(national language of Malaysia- btw I am a Malaysian...he he he) the officer started chatting happily with me. Once he saw that my gf was carrying some fancy sarees this is exactly what he said..

"waah sari cantik huh, macam Shivaji. I dah tengok 2 kali tau. Tapi yang paling I suka AR Rahman punya lagu lah. Kalah Chandramuki." I was shocked and happy!

TRANSLATION...
"Waah nice sarees huh, like Shivaji. I have watched it twice. The thing I liked the most is AR Rahman's songs. Chandramukhi stands no chance"

And he is a MALAY MAN!!!!

littlemaster1982
15th July 2007, 10:18 PM
Thineshan,

hey thank you so much, is there a site or something so i can look up the prices? my uncle is gone to India so I have to give him exact details. thx

Thineshan,

As far I know, there are no sites with prices listed. The cds will cost around INR.100 to 150 only. And I ve seen only 'Boys' in 5.1 version (others films are by HJ, YSR).

A.ANAND
16th July 2007, 06:05 AM
Guys! You know what!

Last weekend, I was travelling into Malaysia from Singapore with my girlfriend. We were carrying a few items she bought from India recently.

So as we expected the Customs Office in Malaysian Immigration Office stopped us and enquired us about the stuffs. Thanks to my ability to verse very well in Malay(national language of Malaysia- btw I am a Malaysian...he he he) the officer started chatting happily with me. Once he saw that my gf was carrying some fancy sarees this is exactly what he said..

"waah sari cantik huh, macam Shivaji. I dah tengok 2 kali tau. Tapi yang paling I suka AR Rahman punya lagu lah. Kalah Chandramuki." I was shocked and happy!

TRANSLATION...
"Waah nice sarees huh, like Shivaji. I have watched it twice. The thing I liked the most is AR Rahman's songs. Chandramukhi stands no chance"

And he is a MALAY MAN!!!!nalla kamidi pannarinngappa!! :lol:

thineshan54321
16th July 2007, 08:27 AM
Thineshan,

Thineshan,

As far I know, there are no sites with prices listed. The cds will cost around INR.100 to 150 only. And I ve seen only 'Boys' in 5.1 version (others films are by HJ, YSR).

how about silunnu oru kadhal, godfather?

united07
16th July 2007, 08:32 AM
A.Anand,

That's not a comedy bro...thats a true incident...i was sceptical too when I read this kinda statements from Dinesh earlier. But after last weeks experiene....it seems to be true. My sister in law have also confirmed that there are couple of her Malay colleagues who have been 'nacharikiraning' her to bring them for the Shivaji show! What do you?

As for the the part where the Customs Officers' statement abt ARR that was the first time I heard it.

:)

Mahen
16th July 2007, 01:09 PM
[tscii:12f353a722]Taken from New Straits Times Malaysia

JOHOR BARU: Sivaji the Boss has broken the box office record for being the highest grossing Indian film in Malaysia with RM8 million collected.
Ever since its opening in 56 theatres across the country on June 14, with angry fans breaking furniture in a handful of theatres, the film has registered double the amount of ticket sales compared with previous record holder Chandramukhi at RM4 million.

The owner of the movie rights in Malaysia, Pyramid Saimira Theatre Chain (M) Sdn Bhd, expects Sivaji the Boss to collect even more.

"The movie is still being screened in many theatres in Malaysia.

"The collection has proved to be the highest grossing Indian film in Malaysia.
"But the overwhelming response from Rajnikanth fans will definitely see the collection going up," said the company’s head of distribution, Boban Balakrishnan.

Pyramid Saimira Group had paid AVM Productions in India RM15 million for the rights to distribute and screen the movie in Malaysia, and in Coimbatore and Hyderabad in India.

It is learnt that the sum is the highest so far paid by any Malaysian company for distribution rights for an Indian film, after the rights to Chandramukhi was bought for RM1.7 million by Lotus Five Star AV (M) Sdn Bhd in 2005.

Star Screen Cinemas Sdn Bhd manager B. Raaj said its 16 theatres nationwide were screening the movie.

"Although our cinemas in Kuala Lumpur, Ipoh and Klang were badly affected due to the riots, we collected about RM4 million," Raaj added.

Raaj said that the riots by patrons at its cinemas had caused them almost RM500,000 in damages.

Angry fans in those cinemas had broken furniture and display cases after technical glitches marred the screening of the film on opening night.

Raaj claimed that the distributor had never apologised or visited their premises although they were supposed to have been responsible for technical glitches.

The movie has been screened in Japan, China, the US, Britain and Australia.
[/tscii:12f353a722]

dinesh2002
16th July 2007, 03:37 PM
A.Anand,

That's not a comedy bro...thats a true incident...i was sceptical too when I read this kinda statements from Dinesh earlier. But after last weeks experiene....it seems to be true. My sister in law have also confirmed that there are couple of her Malay colleagues who have been 'nacharikiraning' her to bring them for the Shivaji show! What do you?

As for the the part where the Customs Officers' statement abt ARR that was the first time I heard it.

:twisted: ade paavi....... haha...

but yea guys, its no joke .... Sivaji audio has reached Malay comunity hugely..... :)

A.ANAND
16th July 2007, 04:57 PM
A.Anand,

:twisted: ade paavi....... haha...

but yea guys, its no joke .... Sivaji audio has reached Malay comunity hugely..... :)ippa naan nambaren!!! :clap: :clap: :cool2: :victory: athayya namma a.r.rahman :lol:

thineshan54321
16th July 2007, 06:53 PM
hi guys here is making of the sivaji part III, super quality. I just started downloading this from a site. I have downloaded the torrent from the site and uploaded it here. You have to have softwares like bittorrent or utorrent (search in google its free) to download this. This is only a shortcut that will enable you to download the full file. Have fun take care. I saw a pic of ARR talking so that you get u guys going. :arrow:
http://d01.megashares.com/?d01=dd37b77

littlemaster1982
16th July 2007, 07:00 PM
Thineshan,

Thanks a lot for the torrent. Could you tell me the original torrent site. I may get some other torrents too 8-)

thineshan54321
16th July 2007, 07:10 PM
Thineshan,

Thanks a lot for the torrent. Could you tell me the original torrent site. I may get some other torrents too 8-)

check ur personal messages. not sure if its ok to post here or not.

littlemaster1982
16th July 2007, 07:25 PM
Thineshan,

I havent recieved any PMs. Anyway, leave it :D let me search it.

Vaz
19th July 2007, 02:24 PM
Saw the making of part 3...

Boss explained quickly about how they came up with Sahana, Vaaji and Style... How he had to convince for over an hour Shanker from London to use Sahana. The Vaaji song was supposed to start with the "Vaaji Vaaji" part but Shanker felt that it was too Hindiish... so just before recording the song they quickly added the "Poovanbai ambal" part. Na Muthukumar told some interesting tidbits also...

Apparently ARR was so impressed with the second half of the movie that he wanted apt BGM for that so he enquired AVM about using a foreign orchestra and they readily accepted. Amazing stuffs are in store for us if they ever release the OST! Apparently there are plans to do it....

elfmaniac85
19th July 2007, 05:47 PM

Apparently ARR was so impressed with the second half of the movie that he wanted apt BGM for that so he enquired AVM about using a foreign orchestra and they readily accepted. Amazing stuffs are in store for us if they ever release the OST! Apparently there are plans to do it....

You are kidding. It's the 2nd half bgm that i find it irritating. It just gives an headache. When it comes to using an orchestra, people like ARR, Vidyasagar, etc just don't seem to have it. They end up over doing it and it really becomes a noise.

dinesh2002
19th July 2007, 06:02 PM

You are kidding. It's the 2nd half bgm that i find it irritating. It just gives an headache. When it comes to using an orchestra, people like ARR, Vidyasagar, etc just don't seem to have it. They end up over doing it and it really becomes a noise.

Mozart have spoken :lol: :lol:

elfmaniac85
19th July 2007, 07:29 PM

Mozart have spoken :lol: :lol:

and peter illch tchaikovsky has just rolled in his grave.... 8-)

A.ANAND
19th July 2007, 08:18 PM
[tscii]Sivaji bothers Black colour
-Kanimozhi M.P in Hatred!

The writer and Poet Kanimozhi who participated in the Tamilnadu Mutpooku Writers Association conducted function has conveyed her negative views about the movie Sivaji.ITs not even a month since the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M.Karunathi who gave the bravery sword and crowned Rajni and appreciated at the Chandramuki's Success Function. In a fraction of days from then, his daughter has come out with negative sense about the movie Sivaji, this has turned everyone's attention.

What has Kanimozhi told about this?

Todays world has started working towards destroying the nature and tradition of tamilians and pluck them from their roots. Sivaji the movie is a perfect example of this. They proudly say that Black colour is the colour of Tamilians in the beginning of the movie. But, after some scenes have gone,the ? mark is , why they go in search of Fair & Lovely to Remove the Black Colour which they himself told its a Tamilians colour.Is it reallly Fair on there part?

What was so embarrassing was that, they made use of our respective Tamil Professor(Soloman Poppaiya) to act in a scene as if he is criticising and addressing Tamil Womans, that is name containing proper grammer and as well typical Tamil womens who's appearance are Black, while Kanimozhi went indepth and was keep on speaking with involment about this issue, the crowd who gathered started applauding.

Since the poet and writer has got an additional responsibility as an M.P, the whole Tamil film industry has turned their attentions towards this complicated issue.

-R.S

«ñ½‹....

MusicIsLife
19th July 2007, 08:37 PM
Alas somebody is taking notice. it takes time to realize such things (by way of comedy, really hurts)

thineshan54321
25th July 2007, 05:16 AM
sivaji songs are still online music listeners' favourites: http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/ut/s/tamil/20/

all songs still up there, and also munbe vaa after a year is at 13 place.

thineshan54321
25th July 2007, 05:16 AM
sivaji songs are still online music listeners' favourites: http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/ut/s/tamil/20/

all songs still up there, and also munbe vaa after a year is at 13 place.

prasana84
26th July 2007, 12:34 AM

using an orchestra? ok then hear warriors of heaven n earth. dont compare a.r.r with anyother music director in india

prasana84
26th July 2007, 12:35 AM
shivaji bgm was mindblowingsongs awesome

app_engine
26th July 2007, 01:21 AM
Digression (esp for people like Music4ever...or was it musicislife...):
http://www.kumudam.com/magazine/Reporter/2007-07-29/pg1.php

nAn sonnadhu mAdhiri nadakkudhu pAththeengaLA?:-)

End-digression

anoops
26th July 2007, 08:44 AM

End-digression

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

dinesh2002
26th July 2007, 11:22 AM

End-digression

what is it about... im lost! :oops: :? :cry:

anoops
26th July 2007, 11:53 AM

End-digression

what is it about... im lost! :oops: :? :cry:

its about that thing of devotees rushing to temple because shreya does the same in sivaji to get rid of that jadhaga dhosham!

namba makkala thiruthave mudiyaadhu :( :( :(

PS : but i have no idea why this article came up in Music section of Sivaji?!

MusicIsLife
26th July 2007, 05:53 PM

End-digression

If it was directed for me, I am not able to follow the link!! and relevance. Anyways, this is the reason i always believe, especially in TN where RK is a statesman of belief for people (though RK says he is an actor, very well he may be, but that is not the way people look to him, that is not his fault), he has to be very careful in each and every scene of his movies (a tall order). But still I will and be an ardent fan of RK (as I tell my friends and family, RK fan following is in my blood, rathathule oornthathu, rathathin rathame!!)

prashanth12
10th August 2007, 11:14 PM
Sorry guys, I'd like to be polite but quite frankly I think the music from Sivaji is awful. I know you guys will hate for saying this but please respect my opinion.

ARR is a brilliant composer, his music for Muthu and Padaiyappa were good, not his best but still good, they matched Rajini well, he did a good job. So what is with this Sivaji? Some of the songs are lifted out of MTV primetime, doesn't match with Rajini at all. Even the intro song is a wasted opportunity. All the parts with SPB singing are great, but the "Balelakka" chorus and the solo girl who sings two lines are just bad, and IMO they ruin the song.

Of course Sahana/Sahara are good.

Athiradi/Style, I don't even want to mention them. I will skip these whenever possible, ARR who forced you to make these songs?? Such a genius in film scores and film songs, in melody, orchestration, why do you resort to this sort of thing?

The BGM was good.

Maybe I'm just a grumpy guy but what's wrong with "Oruvan Oruvan", "Athithom", ""Sundari", etc, etc. Why does ARR have to give music that sounds like it's from "Boys" now, for Rajini? It doesn't match at all.

prasana84
11th August 2007, 02:31 AM
Dono firsttu ellam ungala mathirithan sonnanga bt nw everyone like the songs bt nenga yen yeppadi solringa?
rajiniya orey mathiri pakkathinga even hj rk fans liked the songs very much
shivaji is the best among a.r.r-raJINI combo

thineshan54321
11th August 2007, 07:07 AM
Sorry guys, I'd like to be polite but quite frankly I think the music from Sivaji is awful. I know you guys will hate for saying this but please respect my opinion.

ARR is a brilliant composer, his music for Muthu and Padaiyappa were good, not his best but still good, they matched Rajini well, he did a good job. So what is with this Sivaji? Some of the songs are lifted out of MTV primetime, doesn't match with Rajini at all. Even the intro song is a wasted opportunity. All the parts with SPB singing are great, but the "Balelakka" chorus and the solo girl who sings two lines are just bad, and IMO they ruin the song.

Of course Sahana/Sahara are good.

Athiradi/Style, I don't even want to mention them. I will skip these whenever possible, ARR who forced you to make these songs?? Such a genius in film scores and film songs, in melody, orchestration, why do you resort to this sort of thing?

The BGM was good.

Maybe I'm just a grumpy guy but what's wrong with "Oruvan Oruvan", "Athithom", ""Sundari", etc, etc. Why does ARR have to give music that sounds like it's from "Boys" now, for Rajini? It doesn't match at all.

thats what happens when ARR+Shankar join! Why do you need this combo if you want songs like athithom or aathanda ithaanda? We fans expected something new, innovative, creative. and we got it... thats it! :) you can wait for rajini+Deva combination to listen to ur type of songs.

prashanth12
11th August 2007, 08:12 AM
What is new or innovative or creative about the Shivaji soundtrack? What is so new and innovative about bringing over crude rap music that is unappealing and feels so out of place? You didn't even mention anything I said about the songs.

Also why do you mention rajini + Deva? I didn't even mention any song from Rajini + Deva :? Oruvan Oruvan is by ARR and the other two are not by Deva.

Most of the combos have been good for music, Rajini + Illayaraja, Rajini + AR Rahman, Rajini + Deva, have all been okay for the most part. Remember Muthu, Padayappa, those were both ARR albums and they were good.

But Sivaji score is just bad. It is disappointing as an ARR album, it is disappointing as a Rajini album.

dinesh2002
11th August 2007, 08:18 AM
What is new or innovative or creative about the Shivaji soundtrack? What is so new and innovative about bringing over crude rap music that is unappealing and feels so out of place? You didn't even mention anything I said about the songs.

Also why do you mention rajini + Deva? I didn't even mention any song from Rajini + Deva :? Oruvan Oruvan is by ARR and the other two are not by Deva.

Most of the combos have been good for music, Rajini + Illayaraja, Rajini + AR Rahman, Rajini + Deva, have all been okay for the most part. Remember Muthu, Padayappa, those were both ARR albums and they were good.

But Sivaji score is just bad. It is disappointing as an ARR album, it is disappointing as a Rajini album.

brother, where were u last 2 months + ?? :lol: Sivaji audio is one of ARR-Shankar combo best and def the ONLY youthful album for Rajini....

thineshan54321
11th August 2007, 08:52 AM

when it comes to shankar + arr combo, kokku saiva kokku or ohohoho kicku eruthu wont work. it has to be songs like style or athiradee to match shankar. remember its not just ARR or Rajni, there is another important guy. u cant expect non-shankar songs in a shankar film. thats what i am trying to say. but w/e like Dinesh asked where were you for the last two months, thoongi elumbina mathiri kathaikureenga :lol: its august 10 and sivaji songs have been ruling since april 10 thats a third of a year. how much bigger does it have to get to accept that the songs are good?

prashanth12
11th August 2007, 09:03 AM
it has to be songs like style or athiradee to match shankar.

What about Mudhalvan, Indian, Gentlemen, etc...

how much bigger does it have to get to accept that the songs are good?

Any songs from a Rajini movie will sell well. But it depends if you want to judge this album based on mass popularity of based on musical quality. ARR, like Illayaraja before him, usually gives music that is real quality while other MD's out there just pump out stuff for the masses. Even when ARR puts out stuff for the masses it still has quality. So if you judge Sivaji front that point, it is a disappointment.

Yeah, I get that it's Shankar + ARR, whatever. But if Shankar's going to make a Rajini movie then they've got to change up the formula bit. Shankar can't make a Rajini movie the same way he made "Boys".

brother, where were u last 2 months + ??:lol:

but w/e like Dinesh asked where were you for the last two months

I was in the hospital the last few months, so I can only listen to the songs and comment on them now.

prashanth12
11th August 2007, 09:15 AM
I don't know, I thought ARR fans would the ones disappointed with this album. I mean, you guys know what kind of great stuff ARR can do, isn't it disappointing to see him reduced to making this kind of stuff?

anoops
11th August 2007, 10:33 AM
dude, appreciate ur akkarai towards ARR fans :P :P dont think any of sane Rahman fans would expect a BOYS kinda music for Rajini film - and its a well known fact that no other MD wud have done music for Sivaji so well as ARR. you gotto first understand that its not a Rahman album you are looking at - its an album for Superstar Rajini - plus its for Shankar movie and for him to have satisifed all those audiences its well more than what any ARR FAN would ask for.
Now if you are talking abt a pure Rahman kinda album, well wait for Sakkarakatti and then come and comment here. And as someone already said, if you are looking for the kinda music you see in all Rajini movies, well you need not have ARR there - you can get any TDH music dir or some well known Rahman COPY CATS and get some songs - to experiment in a Superstar movie and to come out ROCKING is possible only by ARR!!

prasana84
11th August 2007, 06:49 PM
Avarukku athiradi, style pattu pedikalaya. evanga ethukku mela enna yethir pakkurangalnnu therila. nan pure rahman fan bt yenaku pedichurukku ena i want 2 listen both melody and fast so sahana, vaaji vaaji slow athiradi,style fast.

thineshan54321
11th August 2007, 09:37 PM
it has to be songs like style or athiradee to match shankar.

What about Mudhalvan, Indian, Gentlemen, etc...

how much bigger does it have to get to accept that the songs are good?

Any songs from a Rajini movie will sell well. But it depends if you want to judge this album based on mass popularity of based on musical quality. ARR, like Illayaraja before him, usually gives music that is real quality while other MD's out there just pump out stuff for the masses. Even when ARR puts out stuff for the masses it still has quality. So if you judge Sivaji front that point, it is a disappointment.

Yeah, I get that it's Shankar + ARR, whatever. But if Shankar's going to make a Rajini movie then they've got to change up the formula bit. Shankar can't make a Rajini movie the same way he made "Boys".

brother, where were u last 2 months + ??:lol:

but w/e like Dinesh asked where were you for the last two months

I was in the hospital the last few months, so I can only listen to the songs and comment on them now.

o u better now? sry...
but it makes sense now, initial reactions of some people to style and some other songs were just like urs... so dont worry u will like the songs soon enough.
as far as quality goes, we fans think this album is loaded with quality. but quality isnt enough, look what happened to a masterpiece like KKS. there has to be some elements in an album to reach to the masses. in that way sivaji had a lot and plus there is a lot of quality in the album its just hidden, keep listening buddy.. u will see what we mean. :)

btw did u watch the movie yet? u will see that there are many other kind of songs that can match rajni and with style and athiradee shankar and ARR showed some examples.

Nerd
11th August 2007, 10:27 PM
Prashanth, welcome back. Hope you are feeling better now :)

I am a Rajini fan and I like IR better than ARR. But I absolutely loved the songs of the BOSS and I feel its much better than padayappa/muthu/baba. If you take shankar movies, there always has been an athiradee kind of song in all his albums and needless to say those songs were the chartbusters (chikkubukku, mukkala, akkada etc.., ) and i am extremely glad that shankar has not compromised his music sense (at least :P) for Rajini. Did not you enjoy those songs on screen? Those two songs were testimony to Rajini's style and amazing screen presence and I am really thankful to shankar.

With the hype surrounding it I don't think no one could have matched ARR if they were to score music for this film and dude the same ARR gave sok last year. That just goes to show how versatile he can get.

Even when IR was at his peak, he gave songs like aasai nooRu vagai and pEsakkUdAthu in the same film, did not you enjoy both?????

prashanth12
12th August 2007, 05:18 AM
I haven't seen all of the movie. I saw the beginning but I had to leave the theatre because I was feeling kind of sick (not because of the movie! :D)

Anyways yea I agree that there has to be something for the masses to enjoy, but isn't that why Rahman and Illayaraja are so popular? Because they could give music that is quality and have success with the masses? Doesn't always have to be one or the other.

I don't know, I'm going to watch the whole movie tomorrow, I'll see if I change my mind.

thineshan54321
12th August 2007, 05:20 AM
I haven't seen all of the movie. I saw the beginning but I had to leave the theatre because I was feeling kind of sick (not because of the movie! :D)

Anyways yea I agree that there has to be something for the masses to enjoy, but isn't that why Rahman and Illayaraja are so popular? Because they could give music that is quality and have success with the masses?

I don't know, I'm going to watch the whole movie tomorrow, I'll see if I change my mind.

yes but the album is probably the best album in terms of quality given to rajni after the 90s when he became the superstar.

prashanth12
12th August 2007, 05:30 AM
What do you mean by after he became superstar? After what movie? Cause if you mean in the 90's and after then I think Thalapathy, Veera and Ejamaan were better albums. And I know that you disagree, but I think Muthu and Padayappa were better then Sivaji album too. That's just my opinion.

thineshan54321
12th August 2007, 05:33 AM
What do you mean by after he became superstar? After what movie? Cause if you mean in the 90's and after then I think Thalapathy, Veera and Ejamaan were better albums. And I know that you disagree, but I think Muthu and Padayappa were better then Sivaji album too. That's just my opinion.

k i respect ur opinion. :) what i meant was after he became superstar its hard to give quality music because of his mass appeal... i just thought sivaji is a new attempt for rajni and its very strong music wise and mass wise. but still the best intro according to me is oruvan oruvan. but album wise sivaji for me is better.

prashanth12
12th August 2007, 06:19 AM
but still the best intro according to me is oruvan oruvan

I sure agree with that (except if you count Rakkamma), but I also give credit to Vairumuthu for his lyrics for that song. If you just look at the music, then I think it's just okay.

thineshan54321
12th August 2007, 06:25 AM
but still the best intro according to me is oruvan oruvan

I sure agree with that (except if you count Rakkamma), but I also give credit to Vairumuthu for his lyrics for that song. If you just look at the music, then I think it's just okay.

it had mindblowing orchestration especially the prelude. whenever i think of rajni, i can listen to that prelude in my head. i think we should stop arguing prashanth. we are filling more pages than everyone here put together. :lol:

u a fan of ARR btw?

prashanth12
12th August 2007, 06:29 AM
u a fan of ARR btw?

I hope so, or else I spent way too much money on his CD's! :lol:

I didn't think we were arguing, maybe at first though :wink:

Yeah the prelude in "Oruvan Oruvan" is great (I think that was the theme song of my childhood ), but the interludes are kinda irritating, except when the trumpet and strings part comes in, those parts are really good.

But I think Oruvan is the best song that ARR has given Rajini. :)

thineshan54321
12th August 2007, 08:17 AM
u a fan of ARR btw?

I hope so, or else I spent way too much money on his CD's! :lol:

I didn't think we were arguing, maybe at first though :wink:

Yeah the prelude in "Oruvan Oruvan" is great (I think that was the theme song of my childhood ), but the interludes are kinda irritating, except when the trumpet and strings part comes in, those parts are really good.

But I think Oruvan is the best song that ARR has given Rajini. :)

agreed...
but keep listening to sivaji man, you will enjoy it, after u start liking the songs (which i am sure you will) watch the movie and you will be blown out of ur shows. :) take care

prasana84
15th August 2007, 09:02 PM
songs r really nice bt the sad thing is they r nt telecasting the ful songs in all television. songs bit than podarangal. illana ennum songs reach agum. bt the album is awesome.

anoops
16th August 2007, 06:59 AM
thts coz the rights are with that *#%#@ tv and its not even started telecast i guess :(

thineshan54321
16th August 2007, 07:00 AM
thts coz the rights are with that *#%#@ tv and its not even started telecast i guess :(

is that channel working yet? stupid ppl, atleast they couldve let sun tv borrow the rights for a while (or rent the rights) i dunno, something like that. wasting such a big opportunity

prasana84
16th August 2007, 08:08 AM
After telecasting a song many times in a channel like sun music the song becomes a huge hit. Television media has the large reach. But in the case of shivaji already 60 days got over. still they r not telecasting the songs. :cry:

anoops
16th August 2007, 11:11 AM
i dont think they wud rent/give the rights to sun tv of all channels -- i believe the songs are being given to Raj Tv - their 'friend' channel :P yeah, even singapore radio plays sivaji songs multiple times a day and its pathetic when such politics exist :banghead: :banghead:

SoftSword
16th August 2007, 04:03 PM
Kalaignar TV is supposed to air by Sep15...
So probably since then, we ll be able to watch the full length songs of Sivaji...
Lets wait guys, as we have no other option now...
until then lets take it positive that the exclusivity is maintained...

dinesh2002
16th August 2007, 05:10 PM
we [Malaysia] dun have Kalaignar TV..... :(

only Jaya Tv[few shows] & Sun TV [full length] :(.... :cry: how unfair...Suntv promoted Unnale Unnale to the max...... untill we r fed up with the songs....

SoftSword
16th August 2007, 05:12 PM
even we don have kalaignar tv now...
its started only from sep 15...

so lets wait...
i geuss the channel will be promoted across the globe...

anoops
17th August 2007, 07:30 AM
Kalaignar TV is supposed to air by Sep15...
So probably since then, we ll be able to watch the full length songs of Sivaji...
Lets wait guys, as we have no other option now...
until then lets take it positive that the exclusivity is maintained...

:exactly: its been Rajini's and ARR's (shankar's too) combined power which has helped the songs stay hit for such a long time - perhaps only yet another ARR release can push the songs back now

A.ANAND
17th August 2007, 02:22 PM

only Jaya Tv[few shows] & Sun TV [full length] :(.... :cry: how unfair...Suntv promoted Unnale Unnale to the max...... untill we r fed up with the songs....nalla sonna dinesh!!unnale unnale songs ketta ippa 'vanthiye'varuthu :lol: anthalavukku overa irukku.oru alave ilaya??oru naalaikku eppadiyum 30 thadavaiyavathu pottu uyira edukkaranunnga :banghead: sun music program-ma oscar ravichandran vela kuduthu vanngithara???world most waste program intha' sun music ' :bangcomp: :bangcomp: :bangcomp: [puluttu pona program]

dinesh2002
17th August 2007, 05:03 PM

only Jaya Tv[few shows] & Sun TV [full length] :(.... :cry: how unfair...Suntv promoted Unnale Unnale to the max...... untill we r fed up with the songs....nalla sonna dinesh!!unnale unnale songs ketta ippa 'vanthiye'varuthu :lol: anthalavukku overa irukku.oru alave ilaya??oru naalaikku eppadiyum 30 thadavaiyavathu pottu uyira edukkaranunnga :banghead: sun music program-ma oscar ravichandran vela kuduthu vanngithara???world most waste program intha' sun music ' :bangcomp: :bangcomp: :bangcomp: [puluttu pona program]

:lol: :lol: high 5 brother!!!

dinesh2002
5th September 2007, 11:34 AM
Hi all,

In a radio news, Mr. Babu, the CEO of AVM productions said that the work is progressing with the Hindi version of Sivaji and said that the music will be releasing shortly.

He also mentioned that ARR has sung two songs, but refused to comment on which songs....

We all know that one of them must be Adhiradi... what could be the other one? I dont think he would have sung Vaa Ji or Sahana... ... could it be Ballelakka?? or style???

Aravind

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/83155

rayan36
5th September 2007, 04:44 PM

Aiyo anna, unmaiyellam eppadi kakkuringalay :lol: :lol: :lol:

SoftSword
5th September 2007, 04:49 PM
vittu'thallunga...
aduttha vaaratthula irundhu kalaignar tv'la sivaji pattu podap'poraanga illa.. namakku appo sun musci pakka time irukkadhu... :)

A.ANAND
6th September 2007, 01:13 PM

Aiyo anna, unmaiyellam eppadi kakkuringalay :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: athuvum intha female v.j's pannara' loollu' irukke :omg: thalayila 2 'kommbu' molacha mathiri,pannara 'vetti bantha' :banghead: :banghead: andava,thannga mudiyilada sami :hammer: 'oosila' sun t.v,costume-mum sappadum 'free'ya koduppanga pola!!!nalla jalra suthi korayama adikiraluga!!! :lol:

A.ANAND
6th September 2007, 01:29 PM
vittu'thallunga...
aduttha vaaratthula irundhu kalaignar tv'la sivaji pattu podap'poraanga illa.. namakku appo sun musci pakka time irukkadhu... :)
sariyaana pooti!! :D

anoops
13th September 2007, 11:41 AM
wah, atlast (:banghead: :banghead:) in two days Kalaignar TV is goin on air and now Sivaji songs are gonna be in ON full time

A.ANAND
13th September 2007, 04:56 PM
sivaji song pottu than kalignar t.v palappu nadata porannga
innu sollunga!

Ramakrishna
13th September 2007, 08:41 PM
innu sollunga!

I have been watching the channel for 3-4 days, oru thadava kooda Sivaji songs pottu paakkala :roll:

A.ANAND
13th September 2007, 10:26 PM
mr.rama, etho antha channel-layavathu songs-sa full air pannuvangga innu nenachen,athuvum nadakalaya??? :banghead: intha jenmathila sivaji songs full-la pakka mudiyathu pola!!enba eppadi pannarannga??? :cry2:

anoops
14th September 2007, 08:36 AM
innu sollunga!

I have been watching the channel for 3-4 days, oru thadava kooda Sivaji songs pottu paakkala :roll:

oh, have they started transmission ALREADY?!?!? :? :? :? i thought they are going air officially on 15th Sep - or is this test transmission?!

littlemaster1982
14th September 2007, 09:09 AM
Anoops,

It's a test transmission only.

SoftSword
17th January 2008, 01:12 PM
[tscii:0a334d655c]Sivaji, top among the 10 albums of the year 2007...

Perhaps the big daddy of all albums, Sivaji not only smashed all the box-office records but also took the audio sales in its stride in 2007. Notwithstanding the superstar charisma, Rahman factor gave the sales of this album a definite push. Besides, three tracks snuck their way into Internet adding fuel to the fire of excitement even before the official release of this album. It’s impossible to miss the lilting melody of ‘Sahanaa Saaral’ or the foot thumping rhythm of ‘Athiradee’.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-slide-shows/movie-1/album/sivaji.html[/tscii:0a334d655c]

sat_srini
15th April 2008, 07:36 PM
[tscii:2d98b0301b]
Sivaji will now speak in Hindi

After seeing the response Sivaji The Boss got in the north,the film’s producers now have a Hindi version which will be released soon

Gladwin Emmanuel

Chennai: Produced by AVM and directed by Shankar, ‘Sivaji the Boss,’ rewrote the box-office history of Tamil cinema. It was Rajnikanth’s 100th film in Tamil. The decision to dub the movie came after the tremendous response it got from the non-Tamil speaking people in the north.

The movie has been completely dubbed into Hindi (It will retain its original title) under the supervision of Swanand Kirkire, a script writer and lyricist in his own right, at a theatre in Mumbai. “The movie is expected to be released in a couple of weeks. The marketing process has already started,“ said S C Babu, CEO of AVM Production.

The Tamil verson had seen a bumper opening in over 850 screens

Since the original three-hour duration may not be acceptable to the Hindi audience, editing changes have been effected to cut down the length of the Hindi version to around 2 hours and 20 minutes. Some portions which have appeal only to a Tamil-speaking audience and comedy tracks and sequences which will not have the same kind of appeal for a Hindi audience have been removed without affecting the continuity of the movie. The lyrics were re-written.

The Tamil verson of the movie had witnessed a bumper opening in over 850 screens, when it was released. With A R Rehman’s music, K V Anand’s cinematography and Thottatharani’s artwork, the movie has also won applauds abroad. It managed to find a place in the top 10 movies in UK box-office. Rajni, reportedly had taken home a wad of Rs 1.60 million for Sivaji which is the most expensive Indian film ever. Even top Bollywood stars like Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan charge about Rs 90 million per film.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?Page=article&sectid=3&contentid=2008041320080413021104582c702871c

[/tscii:2d98b0301b]

Yathu
16th April 2008, 12:21 AM
Vaaji vaaji vaaji mera jeevan hai sivaji! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH4xX8EdAkY

SoftSword
16th April 2008, 12:11 PM
too good...
i think the words are exactly fitting the lines....

another round of Sivaji...
rockin...

thineshan54321
16th April 2008, 05:44 PM
too good...
i think the words are exactly fitting the lines....

another round of Sivaji...
rockin...

u got that right! will keep me busy for some days

Yathu
14th July 2009, 03:45 AM
Sivaji Hindi Track Listing:

BALLELAKKA
Singers : JAVED ALI, RAIHANA
LYRICS: PK MISHRA

VAAJI VAAJI
SINGERs : HARIHARAN, MADHUSHREE
LYRICS: PK MISHRA

STYLE
SINGERS : RAGS, TANVI, SURESH PETERS
LYRICS: NITIN RAIKWAR

AANDHIKI TARHA
SINGERS : A.R.RAHMAN, SAYONARA
LYRICS: RAQUEEB ALAM

SUHANA SAMA
SINGERS : UDIT NARAYAN, CHINAMYEE
LYRICS: IQBAL PATHNI

THE BOSS
SINGERS : BLAAZE, NARESH, RAQUEEB ALAM
LYRICS: NITIN RAIKWAR

SUHANA SAMA (VERSION 2)
SINGERS : UDIT NARAYAN, CHINMAYEE
LYRICS: IQBAL PATHNI

-----------------------------------

Interesting to see SPB replaced by Javed Ali for Balleleka!

http://www.arrahman.com/v2/discography/films-hindi-sivaji.html

SoftSword
6th January 2010, 03:03 PM
[tscii:abe9f28145]found it somewhere in the net...
very interesting...

Balleilakka – High Energy-ka!
May 17, 2007
Song: Balleilakka
Film: Sivaji – The Boss
Lyrics: Na. Muthukumar
Singers: S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, A. R. Rehana, Benny, Chorus

A fantastic song to kick off a blockbuster “Thalaivar” movie — Hats off to Rahman. Though not a very original tune, it still bears a lot of listening. For example, listen to the way the drum machine has been arranged (starting off with a repetitive 4 beat/bar arrangement but making a nice segue to 3 beat/1 rest when SPB starts the gapless singing @01:03).

Of course, SPB’s voice, his expression adds its own magic to the song. SPB is the king! Also, some innovative mixing techniques add shine to the song.

I am writing this before the movie release… I haven’t seen any videos of the song but still will attempt a prediction… This will be a truly blockbuster song! I’m sure Shankar’s videography of this song will be nothing less than spectacular.

I assure you that this song will become one of the Top 10 songs for 2007…

Technical:

Technically, Rahman is the king! (or should I say H. Sridhar sir?) Rahman’s songs are always in layers (and very many at that). You should start peeling of layer by layer to see the way the orchestration/arrangement has been imagined… I would dare say that a lot of “knowledgeable” experimentation goes on in Rahman’s songs.

OK, on to the review: Fantasic stereo imaging. Terrific mixing and great depth in the mix. Just listen to the panning @ 00:51 – 00:56. Awesome!

The background drums are not just pure drums but there is also a string instrument resonating at the same frequency. You can get a glimpse of it at 00:19 – 00:21 in the song. A fantastic transition at 00:22 from female to male chorus using a mixture of 2 tabla taps/salangai sound. Innovative!

Gaps can be used as a good transition from Pallavi to Anu-pallavi and this technique has been used here in this song. Instead of maintaining the same beat, the beat takes a break (@01:22 – @1:26) and resumes. Check out the salangai again at @1:41 – @1:46.

The next transistion is just a beat oriented transition – I would say a mix of African Samba drum beats and our own dappan-kuthu. Nice…

Check out the Yele Yele in the background @ 2:11 and again at @2:17. It is not our traditional Yele. It is a kind of Africanized Yele. Cool! Also, I fondly recall a Wave plugin that can exactly make this effect. Centering the vocal, letting it pan (not fully) and bringing it back to the center. (Could it be Waves Doppler?) It adds a rich stereo sheen to the main vocal.

Top it all of, if you heard the cellphone tone @2:21 – 2:34, you see the genius of Rahman. Taking ordinary sounds and setting them in the mix…. Simbly Genius!

A nice kick drum aids the transition at @2:48. Look at the imaging and tightness of the kick drum. It is not at all muddy. Wish I could mix with this clarity. Sigh!

A pe-pe aids the transition to the Charanam of the song. pe-pe (esp. at this freq. when ezhutthu played will convey a sad emotion. Here is played in short bursts imparting energy). The shredding effect is another Waves plugin! (Waves MondoMod). Dude, this guy breaths technology!

Singer:
One word – SPB! (Rehana is OK, Benny no where to be seen, may be in the chorus?)

SPB displays tremendous energy. Unbelievable that he is 60+. Hats off to you sir!
Check out his expressions @3:51-@3:59… Also, don’t forget the SPB sangathis for Kaveri, Pengalum, Kangalum across Pallavi, Anu-pallavi and Charanam.

05:01-05:04 features a falsetto (sounds exactly like Rajini) highlighting the range of SPB’s voice.

However, I think 05:08 – 5:30 and earlier gapless singing could be computer technology @ work… (Who cares, it is SPB!)

The end is kinda amalgamation of all the instruments. Suddenly strings appear out of nowhere in the mix. This is what I call as “experimentation” — but pros only please… I am too sick of listening to too many confused mixes in the name of experimentation

Lyrics:
Lyrics has been penned by Na. Muthukumar. Very creative lyrics, that totally convey the situation (Rajini returning from abroad to his village in India). Typically, songs @ this tempo usually has meaningless fillers (humming and other noises). Glad to hear the lyrics being full and meaningful. Good job! Of course, SPB totally practices what he preaches — singing each syllable with full clarity. Try signing at this tempo and you’ll see what I mean… I would like to see Udit Narayan and other imports do that… (PS: I don’t have anything against Udit Narayan and am a big fan of his voice. So, don’t start bashing me…)

In one word:
(Like SPB/Thalaivar says in the end of the song)

Cool!

+s : Terrific energy, good lyrics, impeccable delivery
-s : Not a great tune, percussion arrangement little repetitive

Rating:

4.5 stars

http://tfmr.wordpress.com/category/rahman/
[/tscii:abe9f28145]

jaaze
6th January 2010, 06:01 PM
nice technical review

Dragun
7th January 2010, 12:55 PM
Why is the Hindi version being released over 2 years after the Tamil version was released? Makes no sense.

dinesh2002
8th January 2010, 10:43 AM
Sivaji the Boss Hindi Version Released.

Songs r good, the quality of the audio is excellent ! Its seriously GREAT! (in mp3 itself it sounded great, imagine the ori cd). Audio CD Quality wise it overtakes Tamil version. Sony BMG is truly great!

Ballelaika and Style sounded like a typical dubbing song, didnt sync well. Others were fine.

Look out for Chinmayi's rendition in the Sahana Saral version in Hindi. Its a pity she didnt sing the Tamil version. It was mesmerising.

hamid
8th January 2010, 11:52 AM
Sivaji the Boss Hindi Version Released.

Songs r good, the quality of the audio is excellent ! Its seriously GREAT! (in mp3 itself it sounded great, imagine the ori cd). Audio CD Quality wise it overtakes Tamil version. Sony BMG is truly great!

Ballelaika and Style sounded like a typical dubbing song, didnt sync well. Others were fine.

Look out for Chinmayi's rendition in the Sahana Saral version in Hindi. Its a pity she didnt sing the Tamil version. It was mesmerising.

is it.... great... any links to songs?

A.ANAND
8th January 2010, 12:15 PM
ballelakka :lol:

Yathu
8th January 2010, 06:18 PM
Enjoying Sivaji songs all over again in Hindi! I can't comment on the synching, but I really like Javed Ali's voice in Ballelaka. Style sounds pretty cool too.

Guess we'll have to wait for the Hindi reviews to see what they think. :D Can't find any online yet.

Hearing Vaaji Vaaji in Hindi made me laugh at places for some reason. :lol:

Guess_Me
8th January 2010, 09:28 PM
Couple of songs have been written by P K Mishra who died in December 2008. Songs must have been written before then. Wonder why they delayed the audio till now.

Dragun
9th January 2010, 12:49 AM
Where can we order this CD?

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/5320/xdrsivajitheboss00front.jpg

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8443/xdrsivajitheboss00back.jpg

dinesh2002
9th January 2010, 08:58 AM
The songs was done around late 2007. I remember Madhushree singing Vaaji in Hindi in a show where Vaaji was selected as the song of the year 2007.

Itseems Sivaji Hindi audio was planned to released in phones only (because of low market for dubbed albums), but all of the sudden they released it in Cds.

Kumar2020
9th January 2010, 02:39 PM
we could listen it online on musicindiaonline.com,its on the hindi section

ajaybaskar
27th January 2010, 08:54 AM
Sivaji the boss (Hindi) wil be telecast on Star Gold this sunday at 1 pm.

Scale
27th January 2010, 02:13 PM
What???? Last week I saw Athiradee Hindi song in B4M and thought it as a promo :shock: Does this dubbing make any sense?

ajaybaskar
27th January 2010, 02:56 PM
They would have got a good amount for television rights compared to the theatrical collections.

Scale
27th January 2010, 04:49 PM
Its better to telecast in TV every week for one year instead of running a day or single show in theatre. Sounds like Endhiran publicity balti's to have a same day release.