PDA

View Full Version : SCARECROW

VENKIRAJA
28th March 2007, 10:01 PM
S C A RE C R O W...

DEDICATED IN THE EARNEST AND LOVELIEST MEMORIES OF VASAVI AKKA alias CRAZY,MY FIRST READER......

SCARECROW

HELLO HELLO!MIKE TESTING.1....2...3.......

I'm just a mimic.It can otherwise be held that it took myself a span of a year to scare up all of you with my ridiculous sense of vocabulary.After all,I just got educated about 26 alphabets in english and 247 letters in tamizh,perhaps their permutations all along a mammoth 17 year history.Many at the hub,especially SP anni promoted greatly in pursuit of myne as a blogger.With an ounce of petty knowledge in my mother toungue,Ive been pestering you all so far.Handy to me comes English.Though I can't write poetic prose like Surya,Wibha,Bingle(Vasanth),Sri,Tex,and others or even argue in readable English as Prabhu ram,Maddy or Nilavupriyan could do.At the worst of it I can't even pour decent trash like Joseph(thanks selva!I got rid of that illogical word)) fans here.Just with a mediocre record of threads and a drop of hope,I believe this thread would evoke some response.
When I'd visited my native some fortnights back,I saw atruck carrying a load of scarecrows.One of'em de to inertia of rest,clinged on to its aboriginal roots gain.Thrown away in a rural portigo(actually,physically,naturally,indirectly,a bsolutely and totally what i mean is thinnai),it appealed me better than any of the sculptures i've ever seen via my eye or the web.The eternity of the scarecrow and the striking reality of man's helplessness against the society appealed me straight and square.With an array of thoughts flashing my right cerebra,my AIEEE preparations went back to the casket.A semi-sleepless night about my thoughts over the rotat/revolving world as a sedentary spectator is what this SCARECROW awaits to serve.A visionless visionary's meaningless meanings to all he's subjected to.I opine Paathasaari,my earlier thread will now be pure and unadulterated with my etc.,etc. from now on.I also have a small-scale translatory of tami(l)zh poetry here.From the cliff of a mountain,I feel getting downstairs is simpler:be ready to scold me,I'm up with my next torture:Scarecrow.

VENKIRAJA,
From the untrodden valleys.

crazy
28th March 2007, 10:44 PM
I am so honored :D

Venki :thumbsup:

pavalamani pragasam
29th March 2007, 08:18 AM
:roll:

VENKIRAJA
29th March 2007, 03:00 PM
:roll:

What kind of a response can i consider this roll as?is this subject completely awkward in connection with its name?

Scarrer I:EDU

"A mid-day murder
a useless traitor -
the scarecrow"

Education teaches us that nothing ever can be actually taught to anyone anyhow.Experience,oppositely does.A paltry 17 year education cannot teach us the next 70 year hardship.Putting it in a different way,a XXXL 17 year academics can't tute us of the errands of the rest of the boring phase of our being.With just loads of info dumped in reluctantly,what do our teachers mean by doing so?Nor in the so-called practical education stream,just formulae and derivations come to play!What is the big joke in making a perfect fool who is just a paper-eater a topper?The very meaning of education lies in application of skills and the interpretation of the job.Professional colleges do offer a good platform howsoever the essence of studying,which is prescribed as the soul of our life and grades which are considered the ultimatum of that reckless study are sure to be canned.I feel every single individual born every millisecond is distinct with seperate neurons and are to be subjected to a feel-good education which would give them the right approach towards life.Thereby,the electives should be open to the ward(the name by which children are called at schools)from which he should choose the option which he feels is right.More importantly,the syllabus which is tailor-made for really average students,who get state first ranks should be banished till its last drop.Innovativ question papers which project life-situations and gives the children a lens to view their future and brood the visionaries inside.Unwanted explanations and theories should be completely discarded from use.For example studying the up-to-date information regarding the velocity of sound in air can be appreciated but not this:
"Newton,the renowed scientist devised a method of deriving the velocity of sound in air.A mile long derivation follows.However this procedure doesnot hold good for practical values observed.Hence laplace suggested a corrective measure.Another page long derivation follows.Hence 331 m/s is the right velocity of sound as per laplace and newton's discrepancy of 280 m/s is not in use now."
is absolutely unnecessary.
Similarly several wrong informations by great scientists to which students are prone to make them get used to faults.Coaching classes for students,who don't perform well in examinstions are absolute trash and queries such as state and prove oswald's law of dilution for strong acids is such a nonsense to be learnt by-heart.Except Chemistry Prof's no one needs such unwanted and impractical garbage.In case of language,we get to learnboring essays(worser than mine:I hope you can imagine the degree of vagaries)which are bulky and sulky.A rare exception featured in our plus two syllabi:"The Magic of Words" by Lord Birkett,a inquisite essay about public speaking and supremacy of the language.Unfortunately,the meritiuos men of the education panel deleted that peice with no reason.With meagre knowledge of reading books,I know how good tamizh short stories can be.Our supplementary reader clumped 12 short stories of great tamizh authors.But the technical defect is the exuberant selection of the worst and the most vague stories of legenday stoy-tellers.One such example is puthumaipithan's "paalvannam pillai",the only ignorable work from the pen of the world's greatest short-story writer to me.Mathematics is a ifferent story altogether.We are provided with various question baks which swear and scream that only questions inside that 300 page text book must(note:not shall)be asked for the boards.My pals had in fingertips,the solutions of the objective type questions as to utter the right option even before one could finish half the question.Similarly in Biology there are lessons from which just 10 mark answers appear,5 mark questions appear highliting page numbers even.In that case,without thorough knowledge of the subject material,anyone with above average memory is bound to smile in the papers of april's last week with unmatching captions beside them.What the hell can such a ridiculous opposer of such practice infact malpractice do?I can just rise by decibels and kilobytes in my PC by saving this file.ZINDABAD INDIA!ZINDABAD INDIAN EDUCATIONAL STREAM.

pavalamani pragasam
29th March 2007, 03:33 PM
School education mudiththuvitta thairiyaththil ippadi oru AvEsamaana outpouring!!! :lol: Very interseting too!!! :lol:

Strangely I remember a conversation in my PG classroom: one of my classmates, a young gentleman, asked our phonetics professor a very profound question- "Sir, what exactly is the use for me to study this phonetics(one of 8 exam papers we had)?" The professor answered with equal seriousness:"My dear young man, only if you pass in this subject you can get your degree, a passport to a good job. without a job which maamanaar will give you his daughter in marriage to you?" :rotfl2:

The process of learning, knowing the knack of solving equations, remembering new information, peeping into unknown realms of science, exercising the mental faculties on grappling with challenging calculations, derivations, cultivating the talents of verbal, poetic, imaginative, descriptive skills, understanding our own stature standing on the shores of the ocean of knowledge-----all these things are included in the package of scholl education. A total DISCIPLINE for the BRAIN! There ARE defects in the system. But do not denounce the whole system, the whole concept! :D

I remember reading Sujatha advising youth not to waste their neuron capacity by storing/aquiring trivia about cine stars. The school syllabus is far better, more useful than the cine tidbits the youth are lapping up!!! :wink:

selvakumar
30th March 2007, 10:56 AM
Venki,
:) FYI, I joined the HUB mainly to improve my written communication ! If u read my first few posts, you will also have a good laugh :lol:

YOu know - My written communication was poor at that time. HUB is one place in which you can enrich your skills :wink:

Enjoyed all your poems and must say : Your tamil sounds better than many others.

Keep up the good work :wink:

nemesis786
30th March 2007, 12:35 PM
:?

VENKIRAJA
30th March 2007, 09:21 PM
Venki,
:) FYI, I joined the HUB mainly to improve my written communication ! If u read my first few posts, you will also have a good laugh :lol:

YOu know - My written communication was poor at that time. HUB is one place in which you can enrich your skills :wink:

Enjoyed all your poems and must say : Your tamil sounds better than many others.

Keep up the good work :wink:

i jus wanted to clear off that single statement from ur reply reply.whom does that "many" signify?I know i'm on the opposite bank.this thread is my sharpener.

maapla enjoy that thala makes a comeback to films as i did in this hub(not just thalaiya kaatradhu as i was before to open good therads now,atleast now)

crazy
30th March 2007, 09:46 PM
venki
eppo result varum? :)

VENKIRAJA
30th March 2007, 09:52 PM
plz,ezhavu veetla kekura mathiri eppo pochu eppadi pochunnu ellarum kaekkatheenga.varra vidhi eppa vandha enna?aarilum saavu,noorilum saavu.naduvila vaazha vidunga thaaykulame,thandhaikulame....
maybe the end of may.hope its not the beginning of april.i shud or must cross 1100 outta 1200.wishes plz.

crazy
30th March 2007, 09:53 PM
:lol:

My best wishes!

VENKIRAJA
30th March 2007, 10:37 PM
SCARRER II : CITY

"The lonely violin chants
its melancholic melody
to the bow
at its spiritual touch"

United,but divided.Its the Universal law of the city.Obviously,mobility is the snack of the city.Everyday sandwitches inside itself creamy stories right through the day.The early morn and the reddish ogred dawn showcase mechanic repairs at the bus-stops and their accidents respectively.Every newbie steps in seeking a small umbrella to the intense heat.Reasons may be many branching from a single tap:monetary requirement.The first thing that strikes is the smoke and soot of the city.Inside the curtains of that citily smoke is disguised and decieved the plays of the ever-preaching city.The smoke initially takes the form of pure dew from the blue above.They soon vanish like how a goodboy(or girl,as a matter of fact or in some cases,proportional from each)inside every entrant.The trains are surely an intriguing chessboard to play on.Other forms of transport are less common including the share autos and call taxis which make metro-movement boring.Autos,the integral part of manjasoru chennai are tinted in yellow,the color of unexpected.One can never expect a professional autodriver to make diversions outwitting newtonian postulates and any IITans intellect.One can memorise a city map within an auto jouney to porur from the railway station.The city's other highlights include It parks and call centers most of them with glass-stone wielded over them.Tution centres,disco,some tourist centres and more predominantly posters and hoardings.
Chennai is first of all a scheduled city.Kandhar sashtis and Kausalya suprajas play in minimal volumes at the speakers of mylapore,thyagaraya nagar and nanganallur.Slowly the city's alarm hues and cries for another couple of hours to give the city its full flow.Then the FM radios awkaen and rise to play theosophical songs from the eastman color they paly the past night.The shops are switched on then.The much ado about nothing guys have a freak out in town recently:biriyani outlets.The cuisine is an altogether different topic on which I've proposed to scare you later.The withouts are a common character sketches.Roadside meetings are not to blame.So do the late ticket accounters in the railway/airway departments.TV serials are the next way to hell.In the meantime,BPO workers start yawning.The roads get blocked up for their routine "thalaivar vaazhga" or "aneedhi ozhiga" or "engal korikkaikalai niraivetra kori" and related offence.Schools ring their lunch bell and officers start reading kumudham or vikatan.The city desperately needs a breath.Housewives eat and snore well while the students back to the pavilion ring the calling bells.They are then chased apparently to a A class airconditioned prisons.Roads wake up once agin and footboards get the prior respect.Drunken drivers,teenagers playing guitars in air and girls pinching the blinking cellphones and "attakasamaana aadi thallubadi" in roadside loudpeakers begin.Temples begin collections with the pond and elephant providing pavements to salvation.Evening papers arrive and the morning papers are used for packing samosas and parathas are chennai dhabas.The star hotels obviously get filled by stars and Tv serials start afresh again.There is always autumn in the Nandanam arts coollege as leaves abscise everyday and discos pur in.Theatres need not be mention.Neither deserves the roadside LCD sets as our world cup fever got cured soon.

Flying the flag at half-mast for mourning the death of INDIAN CRICKET,I finsh my scarrer.Tomorrow,we are planning for an obituary info regarding the level of sportsmanship of the cricket fans.

crazy
30th March 2007, 11:16 PM
Flying the flag at half-mast for mourning the death of INDIAN CRICKET,I finsh my scarrer.Tomorrow,we are planning for an obituary info regarding the level of sportsmanship of the cricket fans.

:D

VENKIRAJA
6th April 2007, 09:11 PM
How is the avatar?

SCARECROW...

crazy
6th April 2007, 09:15 PM
nice .......... :D

Wibha
7th April 2007, 12:11 AM
venki :cool: :clap: gud writing :D

Lambretta
9th April 2007, 08:15 PM
.........without a job which maamanaar will give you his daughter in marriage to you?" :rotfl2:
PP ma'm, (successful) business irunthalum ponne kudukurangle? :wink: :lol: :D

VENKIRAJA
9th April 2007, 09:16 PM
http://venkiraja.blogspot.com

try visiting this blog dear readers.also comment in brief(be a bit detailed however)how i can sharpen skills in writing english please.

Lambretta
9th April 2007, 09:51 PM
Sorry maaps....I cant read tamil...:( :ashamed:
The others cud help u out tho...:)

madhu
10th April 2007, 03:36 AM

try visiting this blog dear readers.also comment in brief(be a bit detailed however)how i can sharpen skills in writing english please.

venki :oops:

No..No.. I can comment only with full dress ! :froggrin:

( ayyo.. ayyO.. venki enna :hammer: seyyaradhukuLLa enna kAppaathunga.. :yessir:

Lambretta
10th April 2007, 09:29 AM

( ayyo.. ayyO.. venki enna :hammer: seyyaradhukuLLa enna kAppaathunga.. :yessir:
:lol: :rotfl:

Ana kuzhandayil-onnum full dress compulsory illeye? :P :lol:

VENKIRAJA
10th April 2007, 02:33 PM

GO AHEAD.

TamilMoon
19th April 2007, 09:04 PM
Venky unga stories'a padikkum podhulam enakkum andha maadhiri ellam aasaiya irukku !!!

All the best :thumbsup: