PDA

View Full Version : Memoirs of a non-Geisha

chevy
26th March 2007, 07:53 PM
[tscii:8227aa63fd]
Are you a model? Oh no, wait, you are just a geek who dresses up for college

I often run into these, let me tell be honest, gorgeous and stunning girls in college and wonder how long they spend in front of the mirrors. Hasn’t everyone got two eyes, two ears and a mouth and a nose and two forelimbs and hind limbs? Then what’s that extra thing? Well, it’s certainly the art of the geishas that they’ve learnt. Whilst, you buy a bottle of ink and a box of stationery , they invest in a bottle of foundation and a box of compact powder. And you stuff in a colorful range of Cello points or Reynolds Add Gel, they have their range of lip gloss. When most of us are too lazy and can’t write properly with Nataraj or Camlin pencils, they work skillfully with their Revlon and Maybelline Versions.

Oh come on, everyone loves to look good , yet the best part of this student life is to get frayed with the trouble-free excuse, “No time for self maintenance” , as if you were worked so hard on your course, that you didn’t find time for yourself. And it is so easy to believe , beauty is no more an inborn thing. It’s just some work of art. There is someway or the other to alter every part of yourself and make you look at your best. (Does this sound like I am saying anyone can be something like Rai or Hepburn or Pitt? Well, you’ll certainly be one in your own way). Good looking is no more a feature. It’s a habit that speaks volumes about your character. Shows how much you care about yourself or how much you are jobless! Someone who has a train of earrings and one ring perched on the eye brow just above a thick dust of eye color and kohl is different from a plain , spotless, glowing face and certainly different from a shabby looking third person. Looking glam , isn’t necessary though looking well groomed is.

Yet, these big time glam and fab girls seem to “outshine” the sun, ( you know, the Fair and lovely sunscreen?) while we get roasted darker. But with all these books and course materials around and tons of homework and social commitments, it isn’t really cool to be a part of those people who live in Beauty parlors. Come on, the whole fun of the student life, is to enjoy yourself the way you are. By the way just when you are at your best and you step into class, everyone seems to be hung-over or induced to sleep by lecturers or unfortunately before you reach college, the sun would have caked or smudged your make up. Though it sounds absurd, there seems to be this impossibility of wearing make up in this Indian city. Perhaps because abroad, right from your car to your home to the biggest mall to your office and to the smallest “coffee shop” to go to, it is air-conditioned and that’s perhaps why those natives seem to be dressed up all the time. And in our country it is only those freaks who travel by air-conditioned cars to go to even the next building are like those perpetually ready-to-walk-the-ramp models.

Come on , being perfect is like awful. It’s “unstudently” . It’s isn’t our way of life. So, let us uglies, zip up our jeans-for-the-week ( water saving strategy) , and pullover a five year old ( money saving strategy) kurta, slip into the pair of chappals you picked on the roads of Pondy Bazaar and step out proud!
Hindustan Zindabad!
[/tscii:8227aa63fd]

crazy
26th March 2007, 11:36 PM
hm............... :roll: :oops:

:lol: :rotfl:

pavalamani pragasam
27th March 2007, 08:01 AM
A peep through the window of current student mentality/trends! :lol:

Designer
27th March 2007, 09:07 AM
chevy : :lol: nice observations :)

Querida
27th March 2007, 09:53 AM
Chevy....ahhh nice to meet a fellow member :P

Oh but Chevy do you not wish that you could be like them...i know sometimes in my jeans and boring top i wish i had $$$ to burn....it's reassuring to hear that if we all had that time on our hands we could also join the other side...but well there are the lucky ones who wear nothing on face but kohl and powder and look like they can walk alongside aish rai anyday....

we tease amongst members what to do in rain...but now there is waterproof...what to do waking up in morning...wake up before your husband/boyfriend or say boo! he just might faint from shock! :lol:

well well speak of the devil...and she wears L'Oreal... :roll: just saw this on another page when finished commenting on this.
http://starsecrets.sympatico.msn.ca/aishwarya

chevy
27th March 2007, 11:27 AM
Yeah ofcourse , who wouldn't want to be like 'em .... But as long as we are too lazy to get ourselves like that.. we l write such stuff ..hehe

maithree
27th March 2007, 09:50 PM
:lol: :lol:

You're a ready to walk the ramp kinda guy

:shock: So this is what that scrap meant! I[/tscii:e8de438160]'m Personally Offended! :angry2: But u were only mainly talking abt chicks who wear make-up, so I guess there isn't much for me to be offended abt. :P Although I like chicks who wear make-up. :huh: JK!

Seriously! It's really well written!! :D :D :D :clap: :clap: I espicially love the way the last paragraph is written. :D

Come on , being perfect is like awful. It’s “unstudently” . It’s isn’t our way of life. So, let us uglies, zip up our jeans-for-the-week ( water saving strategy) , and pullover a five year old ( money saving strategy) kurta, slip into the pair of chappals you picked on the roads of Pondy Bazaar and step out proud!
Hindustan Zindabad!

And the Pondy Bazaar thing, and the Hindustan Zindabad! were really cool for the end. :thumbsup:

maithree
27th March 2007, 09:55 PM
we tease amongst member what to do in rain...but now there is waterproof...what to do waking up in morning...wake up before your husband/boyfriend or say boo! he just might faint from shock! :lol:

jaycee
28th March 2007, 05:50 PM
kudos :P three cheers for the subject you have taken and the answer you have given :clap: :clap: :clap:

But, Chevy how much do you try this for yourself :wink:

Nothing offensive. :)

chevy
28th March 2007, 08:53 PM
Maithree ??? Is that Surya ???? changed your id eh ??

chevy
28th March 2007, 08:57 PM

Personally Offended! :angry2: But u were only mainly talking abt chicks who wear make-up, so I guess there isn't much for me to be offended abt. :P Although I like chicks who wear make-up. :huh: JK! well , tho the title seems to be for every1 .. i ended up writing it narrowed down to the glam ladies ...just some leisurely write up ......

chevy
28th March 2007, 09:02 PM
kudos :P three cheers for the subject you have taken and the answer you have given :clap: :clap: :clap:

Nothing offensive. :) Well sure enough ... but all in vain ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jaycee
29th March 2007, 06:23 PM

Nothing offensive. :) Well sure enough ... but all in vain ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

very good :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

chevy
13th April 2007, 03:35 AM
i wish i had $$$ to burn....it's reassuring to hear that if we all had that time on our hands we could also join the other side